Speaker 1: Five o five. If it'd be on a seat the talk station sue, that'd be Friday. Suit there are It is definitely Friday. It's confirmed by the yuh woo who nothing you needed to be reminded of that, although I needed to be reminded of it. This morning. The alarm goes off at two thirty, and I got the second alarm that goes off at two forty, and I don't know. I guess I was asleep and I turned both of them off. It was twenty minutes after three. My wife hits me, she said, you need to get up, Like, holy crap, I really thought it was Saturday. I don't where I came up with that conclusion anyhow, So I got an extra forty minutes to sleep this morning, but of course I had to hurriedly get into work and try to catch up with what's going on in the world. And you know, that's like every other day. There's so much going on in the world. I'll never get to address all of it here on the fifty five Krsy Morning Show, which is why I always invite phone calls. Maybe this is a particular topic matter that you want to talk about, feel free to bring it up five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three Talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. Great day on the Morning Show yesterday. Of course I always enjoyed talking to Jay Rattleff about aviation issues. But Todd Zenzer was on fire yesterday, our citizen watchdog, former Inspector General Todd Zenser a brilliant, brilliant man, I mean demonstrably brilliant, and he spends a lot of time paying attention to what's going on out front as well as behind the scenes in the City of Cincinnati. Antics and what I always like to call shenanigans of the mayor and City council members. And of course I'm sure the High Park residents are getting a full a dose to that, considering the City Council denied the wishes of the High Park residents and move forward with shoving down a variance on the Connected Communities zoning laws that were shoved down the throats of all the various community councils within the City of Cincinnati previously by city councils. So they change everybody's freedom to choose their own destiny in the various neighborhoods, and then well they offer a variance for some well connected developers in spite of the fact that it seems that the vast majority of High Park residents didn't want the development to move forward m anyway. Just one of many topics with Todd Zinzer also the green agenda that the City of council City Council is just really I mean full in on. And you see the realities of the of the money when you hear about you hear Todd talking about this federal mon that comes in and hopefully it'll dry up now that we've got the Trump administration, but millions and millions of dollars which the city then gets to hand out to a whole lot of outside ie non governmental organizations to spend on so called green projects around the various neighborhoods. And Todd says, I don't know that they have really done anything. You got like forty five million dollars annually coming in and it just mysteriously goes out into the world. How does one get one's hands on that money? I guess you have to be fog friends of government, friends of the mayor, perhaps friends of council members. I mean, he was kind of it's a puzzling mystery as to where the money goes, how the money's allocated, and who's getting it. There's no transparency in any of that. And this is the kind of thing that Todd Zenzer reveals, and when you hear it, you know, your mouth falls open and almost disbelief. But that's what happens. I mean, it's kind of like looking at what Doges reveals in in the Trump administration. Wait a second, what we're funding what yesterday I was reading those stories or the studies that got defunded. I don't even know what the funding was for. You read what they are funding or what you and I actually are paying to fund. Someone decided to provide the money and grant the money to do the various studies. But when you look at what the studies for, you can't even figure out what the hell the studies for. It makes no sense. Somebody's being supported out in the world with it, though, friends of government, speaking of maybe city council a new direction today, Corey Bowman, he's going to join the program at seven and five, right after Dave had her. Of course, it's Friday. I don't want to overlook Dave and skip to Corey Bowman. But his name did jump out considering I was talking about Todd's ensor yesterday fifty five KRSE dot com for that todds Enzer discussion. It was in studio for a full hour. It's well worth the listen. I mean, I even arguing for those who do not live in the city of Cincinnati, if you're in the Tri State area, the city does really impact the entire Tri State area, so it is important to pay attention to what they're doing. But for you know, people who want to observe just you know, the shenanigans and antics of government and how well they do not serve us. City of Cincinnati provides a wonderful illustration, as evidenced by what Todd Zenser was pointing about yesterday. It could be your city doing the same thing. Is anyone paying attention? Do you have a Todd Zinzer in your city? More people should, More people should have an inspector general for those cities, allocation of tax payer dollars anyhow So, tech fart of to day've had to today. Iranian hackers attacking water and gas systems. Fake Ohio toll messages are on the rise. I even got one of those. You get a message saying that you owe like you didn't pay a toll. You're getting a bill for a toll. Just delete it, Just delete it, ignore it, don't take it seriously. And we'll hear from Dave about that. But I even I got one of those. Microsoft's new artificial intelligence tool called a privacy nightmare. Oh good. Those the topics with Dave after Corey Bowman at seven oh five, we'll here at seven thirty from Hartford Seniors. Patty Scott returns with that wonderful charity helping seniors in assisted living facilities. We'll stay out of well trouble medically speaking, and making it much easier for the staff at those facilities to deal with the immediate needs of seniors as opposed to just sort of rotating around the various rooms and checking on whether or not they need their diapers changed. It's a disgusting conversation, but it's actually so very important, and they came up with this wonderful solution for it, ultimately very very affordable, keeping seniors out of misery. If you have a loved one in a senior care facility, this is an organization you need to embrace. Eight oh five Former Air Force Colonel Josh McConkie's got a book be the weight behind the spear. We'll talk with the colonel at eight oh five Fallow by Brett Metters, a living kidney donor and Kidney Walk committee member. We'll be talking about the twenty twenty five Kidney Walk. And finally Shrry Poland from the Board of Elections. They need poll workers. Early vote voting is going on and we'll find out about voter turnout projections with Shrry Poland at age forty not I really really because it wasn't quite sure where to start, but let me just start with this one. And I was thinking about the Supreme Court argument earlier this week on parents wanting to just remove their children from the classroom when sensitive perhaps issues that run a foul of one's personal moral convictions or religion are discussed in and indoctrinated into our our children's education system. That's what public schools do. And in that particular case, it was you know, these really I find troubling and disturbing books that they're giving to kindergardeners up through fifth graders that discuss sexual issues, sexuality as well as issues of transgenderism. Men marrying men, women marrying women. I don't care about that. You want to do that in your world, knock yourself out. But to discuss those matters in front of children requires a discussion of sex. Yes, the act of sex. What is it to be a gay man? It means well, that you are in love with men, you are attracted to men sexually speaking. It requires a disturbing discussion that a kindergartener probably quite can't fathom. And as a parent, thankfully my children are adults now. I don't have to deal with this and didn't have to deal with it when they were in public schools. But you out there, if you've got a kindergartener, they may very well, very well be having a discussion about this kind of stuff with your kindergarteners. I find it to be an act of grooming children become inquisitive. What exactly are we talking about here? What is sex? What does it mean to be a gay man as opposed to a heterosexual man. Well, if you're an adult, you can do the math on that one, and it doesn't take much to reduce it down to putting yourself in the place of a kindergartener who has no concept of human sexual relations. But there you are talking about it, bringing it up, and perhaps providing a vehicle for some pervert to I don't know, maybe engage in further discussion after school hours when you're not around and they have some measure of control over your child, perhaps the twisted uncle that has taken care of your preteen children. Use your imagination. It's not difficult. All the parents wanted to do. They didn't want to change the curriculum. They didn't want to tell teachers they couldn't present them material to the class. They just wanted advanced notice so they could get their kids out of the class so they weren't twisted and perverted by the indoctrination session that was going on. And if you listen to the oral arguments on it, it was most notably indoctrination. Teachers were instructed to bring these books up like five times a year, most notably like during gay Pride month or Pride month or whatever. Talk about them a lot, and that may run a foul of your religious perception or even just your simple concern over your children having very sensitive sexually related topics brought up to your young children who don't have any way of sort of understanding it. But one of the justices, one of the liberal justices, I can't remember which ones, sort of made the argument for school choice and with that, judge in New Hampshire yesterday blocked the Trump administration from cutting funding the public schools that maintain diversity programs the DEIVE crackdown. Federal money comes with strings attached, and I'm sure at some point might be under the Biden administration or maybe even the Obama administration, they mandated the requirement that they bring in DEI into the public schools, Diversity equity inclusion federal dollars, if you're accepting them, you must have a DEI program. I'm sure that there was some mandate, edict or whatever associated with accepting federal dollars under Title I funding. Well, the Trump administration comes in and says, well, if you're going to accept Title one funding, you're not allowed to engage in discussions they're teaching a DEI. However, US District Judge Landia McCafferty said the effort by the Trump Education Department to block federal funding to public schools that continue to promote diversity equity and inclusion programs likely violates the First Amendment, calling it a textbook viewpoint discrimination. It issue was a memo sent by the AD Department this month to public schools nationwide, threatening withhold Title I funds from public schools that continue to unfairly promote DEI views or programs. Of course, the lawsuits followed after that. Across the country. A whole bunch of groups filed citing the importance of Title I funds as a critical source of funding for many low income public schools. Right, okay, how come the Trump administration can have strings attached to the federal money that comes into your low income public school when the original federal money came with strings attached that required you to do DEI. New administration, new rules, new laws, new strings attached before you had to do it, and now you can't do it. Judge says, no, this ultimately will probably end up with the Supreme Court. But more fundamental than that, it's the idea that this is why I love school choice. If you don't believe in DEI and don't want your children indoctrinated, you rather have your children learn mathematics and core reading skills, critical thinking skills, rather than spending time on DEI in the advancement of that woke ideology. You might want to move your kids out of the public school. And I love how they citeen low income public schools, because who's least equipped to have the flexibility and move their kids out of the indoctrination camp. Of course it will be low income families. They're stuck. They're stuck unless the dollars follow the children. And if the dollars follow the children and the families have the flexibility and can allocate those dollars into some different alternative education system, then let them do it and allow them to make the choice to keep their kids out of the public school in doctrination camps. Why not, well, I suppose, because that would ruin their ability to indoctrinate your children along the lines that they see fit. See, this is religion without religion. This is religion without spirituality, without a higher power connected the DEI programs, all this nonsense, this woke ideology. And I would argue, most notably, even this whole climate change stuff is religion. It's just religion without belief or connection to a higher power. Er go, they can shove it down your throat without running a foul of the First Amendment. It's still religion. Five nineteen fifty five KRC Detalk Station five point thirty seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk. Feel free to call take us in a different direction. I don't mind, most notably because it's Friday. I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Chenera nine First Warning weather forecasts. Showers and storms are likely later this afternoon. Downpours are likely. They note overcast day with the highest seventy two down to fifty three, overnight rain ending toward about midnight. It'll be a mostly too partly cloudy day Tomorrow, highest sixty five Saturday night, a few clouds and a little forty three Sunday mostly Sunday pleasant, gorgeous day. Exclamation point. It says, right there, seventy degrees for a high on Sunday. Let's see right now it is what does my temperature continue to disappear? Sixty four degrees at five car se E Talk station.
Speaker 3: I'm Donald Jane Trump can improve this message.
Speaker 1: It is five twenty two f five Garrisee de Talk station. I thought of you the other day, Joe, I heard killed by death.
Speaker 4: Tell you.
Speaker 1: That fans. Now, it's just the name of that song. It's hilarious. Killed by Death, Yeah, no kidding. Five one, three, seven, nine, eight hundred eight two to three dog pat fight fifty on eighteen defounds. Oh boohoo. The Democrats are, you know, screaming law fair, law, air weaponization of the Justice Department. How many years we lived through this when the Democrats are doing it against Donald Trump or contained Attorney General Letitia James just running on a platform of looking into everything Trump did in his life in an effort to find something criminal. That is not what justice is about. Anyway. President Trump yesterday directed the Justice Department to investigate the main fundraising platform used by the Democrats, Act Blue. Of course, Democrats are responded with accusations of weaponizing the government against his political opponents. Anyway. Trump's on a memorandum instructing Attorney General pan Bonding to probe supposed foreign and other illicit payments the platforms like Act Blue, as well as others that are used by Democrats to process donations for election campaigns, said he wanted the probe to look at the use of fundraising platforms to make straw or dummy contributions and to make foreign contributions to the US political candidates and committees, all of which break the law, and they do. You can't do that. My response to their screams and wailing and nashing untie the weaponization is well, wait a second, if your hands are clean, isn't the best defense to say, all right, bring it on. Here's my metaphorical middle finger raised at your weaponization of government. But we don't do anything like that, and we can show you with the records disclosure that we don't accept foreign contributions and we don't allow this kind of activity to go on. This is might, you know, sort of methinks the lady doth protest too much. So I realize they're entitled to whale and nash teeth and scream about this. It's all politics, at all politics. But you know, this kind of concern has been going along, going around for a long time. I mean, even Elon Musk love him or hated, He's made out loud statements about this Act Blue organization for quite some time. Straw donations, donors giving money in other people's names, and foreign contributions to federal political candidates and political action committees are against US law. So I would agree that there should be some accountability on this. But you know what if Act Blues hands are clean and they're not accepting foreign contributions and they're not allowing people to give money in other people's names. So this is what happens. You get a guy like George Soros. I'll use him as the evil villain because he's always behind the curtain, isn't he. He's got billions of dollars and he wants that money to go to any particular, given case campaign. But those campaigns have limitations on what any individual can donate, usually a fairly low dollar cap. So if you distribute your money to a bunch of random individuals and instruct them to make the campaign contributions gee and send it through Act Blue, it makes it look like a bunch of random individuals, you know, like, oh, here's ten dollars, here's one hundred dollars, here's one thousand dollars. You know, we're scrimping and saving so we can get this guy elected, when in fact they haven't script and saved it all. It's not their money. It's one person or one organization contributing to campaigns and exceeding the lawful campaign cap and they use these organizations, these entities to get it accomplished. So Act Blue, open your books up, prove it's not true, and embarrass the Trump administration. Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing for ActBlue to be able to do if they're not doing this? Yeah, screw you guys, bring it, but that's not going to happen, is it. Five twenty six Come to a five twenty seven fifty five krc DE talk station. Lawn equipment. You know, I got in under the wire yesterday, got the grass cut, fired up my Honda Professional level walk behind powered mower mom and right when the rain started coming down, was right when I got it finished, and it was really long. The grass was long. I hope you're able to get your grass cut. If you have grass, I hope you got a cut. And if you need a mower, you need maybe a small riding tractor, or maybe you've got a farm and you want something giant. But Herbert Motors top to bottom, they've got the best equipment that is made world class brand. You got your John d or your x Mark Steel. I got a whole bunch of steel power equipment uh, and Honda. Of course, that's where I got my Honda mower after having a disastrous experience at the box store. So don't go down that road. Do not deal with the chuckle heads of the box store that don't hit any concept of what they're selling. The quality of what they're selling is not the superior quality of what's offered at Bud Herbert Motors. Butterbmotors five generations. You will be working with a Herbert family member. They will treat you great. Their names on the company. They're proud of it, and they're proud of what they sell. They service everything they sell, and they of course delivered to your door. So give them a shout. You'd be glad you did, and please tell them I said hi. The number is five one three five four one thirty two ninety one five four one thirty two ninety one. Find them online. Just head on over to Bud Herbertmotors dot.
Speaker 2: Com, fifty five car the talk station and.
Speaker 1: Here it is your Channel nine first winning weather forecast. What do we got? Cloudy morning, maybe an isolated shower storm out there later today Showers storms are likely, with downcours also likely. Today's high seventy two down to fifty three overnight with rain ending mostly partly cloudy skies Tomorrow to be dry though with the highest sixty five overnight. A few clouds are the main job into forty three and on Sunday and mostly pleasant day seventy four. Be high. It's sixty four degrees right now if you have KCV talk station five thirty one, and a happy Friday too. Listen to lunch Sounder Westchester location Sounder Brewery of the Westchester location. That'll be on the seventh, not next Wednesday. The following Wednesday, always eleven thirty. I have always people ask I regularly mention it's there's no the official start time. I suppose officials eleven thirty, but you don't have to show up at eleven thirty. Ever since I've been doing listener lunches, I got people who show up at like eleven. Just make sure that the place we're going to be dining opens at eleven. Sometimes places don't open until eleven thirty, but you can show up later too. If that happened, all the time people show up you're like twelve or twelve thirty, it's like, where have you been?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I got here late I had something going on, a big deal. I'm usually hanging around there from at least until one point thirty, especially on those days when my submarine or friend Cribbage might comes in because we always end the day with a cribbage game, sometimes taking me there as late as too, So feel free to join the fun. It is great fellowship and it is not about me. It's always about the fellowship, getting out of the house, supporting a local restaurant let and having fun, especially in springtime, but throughout the year you may even meet some friends. It'll become long term friends. And that's the biggest joy that I get out of listener lunch. You got tables of people that always sit together you friendships are created and friendships that extend beyond listener lunch. It's been a beautiful thing to behold over the local stories, FBI Cincinnati agents arrested two men, one of whom the agency says as they suspected MS thirteen gang member, one of for homicide in his home country. Men arrested are here illegally courted the FBI. Federal officials have not released the names of the men arrested. Spokesperson with the FBI Cincinnati said, thirty three year old Salvadorian or Salvador rather, apologies to my Salvadorian friends. Salvador Hernandez Solooronzo arrested April twenty seconds. According to the statement from the FBI spokesperson, Hernandez is an illegal alien from l Salvador who was wanted in his home country on murder charges as a member of the designated foreign terrorist organization MS thirteen. ICE remains committed to working with our DOJ partners from the FBI, DEA, and ATF to enhance public safety across Michigan and Ohio. Hernandez remains in ICE custody of the Butler County Jail pending immigration proceedings. Hey, Joe, you think the Democrats are going to stand out in protest the Buttler outside the Butler County Jail free Hernandez Aftab, Yeah, maybe he'll be there. Joe suggested that as Aftab should welcome him into his home. Yeah, I know. I got a follow up on that, judge. Apparently they've been arrested. If you're scratching your head, wonder what the hell I'm talking about. Maybe we can get to that a little bit. FBI did not say whether the men lived in the Tri State area, although that's where they were arrested. Since I police say they're investigating after two men and a teenager were shot, including one in a vehicle that crashed into city park. Officers responded to Mount Echo Park in East Price Hill eight twenty Wednesday. I talked about this one the other day. I discovered a sixteen year old was shot in the leg. Officers had to apply attorneyquet to control the bleeding until the fire department showed up shortly after. At eight forty pm, Police at the University since a medical center, requested additional officers respond because two shooting victims, both aged twenty seven, showed up and a large crowd gathered. According to Captain Bauer Police Department, one of the men also shot in the leg, the other one shot in his arm and buttocks. All three recovering at the hospital with non life threatening injury. Police say early Thursday that they were still investigating the motive and what led up to the shooting. No arrest have been made, No suspect information was made available at least as of yesterday. Jeez five point thirty five fifty five krs. The talk station Foreign Exchange. Love those guys at Foreign Exchange, they've been fixing and repairing and servicing. Our automobiles are imported automobiles and that's what we own. Say what you like about it, and laugh at me for buying a German car. My wife's got a German car too, And yeah, the oil changes are expensive if you go to the dealer. Most notably, my favorite illustration is my own four hundred and fifty bucks for an oil change, and it's only two hundred change over at Foreign Exchange, so you see savings of two hundred dollars. That's the point of Foreign Exchange SE Certified Master technician working on your car, same oil, same filter, a lot less money. Go ahead, ask yourself why they charge so much of the dealership. I have no idea. Maybe because they think people believe that the dealer is the only place you can have your car service. But no, no, no, Foreign Exchange SE certified Master Technicians. They have access to your manufacturers technical information, whether your car is from Europe or Asia traditionally manufactured European or Asian cars or Tesla's. They're all certified now to work on Tesla's so software updates programming. You get a full warranty on parts and service, but you save money by going to Foreign Exchange. And I strongly encourage you to go to the Westchester location Tylas. The legs it off seventy five East just two Street, hang a right on Kinglin. You'll run right into it. Run right into it online. Go to Foreign AX four. In the letter X dot com, here's the number, Please tell them, Brian said, Hi five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six fifty five.
Speaker 5: KRC dot com do you have a massive IRS?
Speaker 1: Channel nine says we have maybe isolated showers this morning. Showers and the storms are likely today generally speaking, along with down four seventy two for the high overcast dis rayans overnight. It'll be a low of fifty three tomorrow, partly cloudy skies but dry. They say, sun later in the day, highest sixty five, few clouds over night out of forty three and a mostly sunny Sunday and a high a seventy It's sixty four degrees in the time. For first traffic.
Speaker 6: From the UCL Tramphic Center, you see health you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. And you see health dot com. Highway traffic that's in pretty good shape this morning. Some wet roads and spot even a little bit of fog to deal with. But I'm not seeing any troubles because of the weather. Chuck Ingraman fifty five KR see deep talk station.
Speaker 2: Can you play John the Fisherman?
Speaker 1: It is five forty five forty one. It is Friday, So the answer, of course is always a yes. And as always, Jeffrey, my Facebook friend was ready for it and looking forward to it. The base rift stack a nupid or call five one three, seven, four nine eight two three talk it must be Friday look headline. Naked man rested at Planet Fitness Amen brother uh Man charge after he allegedly took off his clothes at the front desk of a Planet Fitness and then began exercising naked. Uh No, no kidding, Joe. He was over in the weight department doing clean and jerk phrasing. Told police he thought the jim was a judgment free zone. Eric Stango, thirty four years old, arrested without incident in charge with indecent exposure, lootous and disorderly conduct after police responded to the crowded Jim in Playestyle, New Hampshire. According to the reporting by The Boston Globe, when officers arrived, they found him there completely nude on his knees in a yoga type position, walked into the gym, stripped down at the door, then proceeded to walk back and forth a couple of times before sitting, settling in on one of the yoga mats. Witnesses he saw Stagno's naked exercises reported feeling disgusted. These words are in quotes sick and also unsafe, according to police Captain Brett Morgan, who took the statements. Morgan told the local news the only statement that he made was that he thought it was a judgment free zone, apparently referencing the chain's slogan released on a thousand dollars l DO back in court May twenty first, just that they burned the yoga mat. Yeah, I imagine that probably true.
Speaker 5: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: Oh, this is ridiculous. Texas School District bans, Virginia state flags and seal over naked breast, idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Virginia state flag and seal depicting the Roman goddess Virtus standing over a slain tyrant, her drooping toga exposing her left breast, and it's cartoon. This isn't an actual photograph of the Roman goddess, notably because goddesses are otherworldly beings. Most people don't believe in them anymore, and there wasn't any photographs around at the time people believed in the Roman goddess Virtus. It's been banned from a younger students in a Texas school district. Lamar School District, consolidated independent schools near Houston took action against the image late last year when we removed the section about Virginia from its online learning platform used by third through fifth graders. Texas Freedom to Reproject, a group that opposes censorship and book bands in the States, said it had unlocked a new level of dystopian book banning and censorship hell in Texas when it discovered students that Lamar can no longer learn about the state of Virginia in their online research database. You know, normally inclined to disagree with these gidiots, but they got a good point on this, one group said, after it fought a public records request, the school district acknowledged that Virginia had indeed been removed from the website due to lesson violating the school board's local library policy banning any quote, visual depictions or illustrations of frontal nudity close quote in elementary school library. According to the reporting here from the Guardian, the Commonwealth of Virginia flag is periodically thrust to the national spotlight, and in twenty ten was part was part a debate about what constitutes sexually explicit material in the state school libraries. Then State Attorney General Ken Kuchinelli created a special lapel PIM that edited the seal to cover the breast. But he just cut up a post it note and make a little bra out of it.
Speaker 3: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: What's what about sculpture? Death? Put pants on? David, Yeah, exactly, Joe five point five five castalk stations. I don't know what planet I'm on. There you have it. Plumb type plumbing. At least I know that you can count on plumb type plumbing. You deserve better. They know that so call locally owned and operated plump Tight Plumbing. James Zon's got a great team of plumbers. They're great at what they do. The price is always right. They treat every call like a neighbor asking for help, and that's why they are my go to plumbers and they have been for years. It's convenient to schedule appointment. You can go online to plumb tight dot com learn about all the things that they do. But let's face it, they do everything when it comes to plumbing, no service, fees, free estimates, trip to a plus or a better business bureau. You got a some pump problem called plumb tight. You got water pressure problems called plumb tight. You got clog drains, leaky pipes, your chandeliers raining, and you don't know why. Call plumb tight. They'll fix it. And I can vouch for that. Last one. Tankless water heaters. They are the Tri States number one installer for tankless water heaters, which I learned from plumb Tight. They have a longer lifespan. They on average ask more than last more than twenty years these tankles compared to like ten maybe fifteen years for traditional tanks. And you save money and you never run out of hot water. So there you go. It's always the best plumbing around seven two seven tight t it t E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three online again plumtight dot com.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station Channel nine said we got.
Speaker 1: Rain today, gets some isolated showers uh in storms. Possible downpours are likely. They say. Today's I seventy two, down to fifty three overnight with rain ending sixty five. The high tomorrow with partly cloudy sky, sunshine late in the day, a few clouds over night down to forty three, and a mostly sunny Sunday with a high of seventy sixty four degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 6: Fromly you see how traffic center, you see Health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at useehealth dot com. Highways not bad at all to deal with early on this Friday morning. A little bit of fog in some spots, but so far I'm seeing nothing close to trouble because of it.
Speaker 1: Stop seventy one.
Speaker 6: It's doing fine at the Reagan Highway South Bend, seventy five wide opened through Wackman Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station five fifty one fifty five KOSD talk station looking forward to check Friday with Dave hat are coming up at six thirty and returning over to the Friday Stack is stupid man aymen? Brother man accused, Uh, well, of course, that just means that there's another naked story here. Man in custody after trespassing at Disneyland and yes, roaming around naked incident. Why are you doing this? Listen? I bet we don't find out. Incident happened Saturday at the park's New Orleans Square. Workers tried to steer visitors away from the disturbing site as the man climbed one of the buildings, exposing himself to people below. The visual in my head on that one is bothering me. Arrested shortly after for trespassing public nunity and being under the influence of narcotics. Local news reached out to Disneyland for a statement. They deferred to the Anaheim Police, who had made the rest. Agency said the man, who had not been identified, lives in Canada. Well that also answers the question, Joe, no reports from anyone being injured in the incident. How many people in the listening audience will get that joke? Joe, Joe says three. His statement was he with a pengulon.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: Gotta be a diehard South Park fan to figure that one out. South Florida man accused of stealing his coworker's cell phone and then sending nude pictures and videos from the woman's phone to himself. Twenty five year old Benjamin Alvarez covered his face and ignored local news questions when he founded out of the Miami Day Jail on Wednesday night after being released hours before. He quietly stood before a judge facing a long list of charges including grand theft, resisting an officer without violence, and sexual cyber harassment. Incident happened back in July at Starbucks and doesn't matter where. You don't care about what location anyway. Victim, who works at the coffee shop, told police she left her cell phone charging in the back office that night, and at some point the victim noticed her phone was missing, then questioned Alvarez about it after coworkers told her that he had a habit of stealing their phones and sending himself their information. When the woman checked her phone, several messages had been deleted. She told police those messages contained the nude photos and videos. She then called the police. Officer showed up at Alvarez's home in Miami, where they said he tried to run away from the officers who were at the front door. Suspect continued to resist officers when they got him outside, cuffed him, and then took him into custody.
Speaker 8: How's this tradition?
Speaker 1: Starbucks statement? This individual is a former partner and is no longer employed by Starbucks. Their actions are not consistent with starbucks high standards of conduct. In court, did judge older Alvarez to stay away from the victim and the business? Please say? The suspect allegedly did this with multiple employees. Now question why why do you have nude photos and videos of yourself on your cell phone? How is it that Alvarez was able to unlock and get access to the contents of the cell phone? How did you a good question, Joe? How did he know they were there?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I guess he had a habit of going around and stealing cell phones and breaking in either people in Florida do not use passwords or the you know, the thumb print kind of thing, or maybe he you know, looks over their shoulder while they're unlocking their phone. I don't know. This one's filled with question marks that I don't even think Dave Hatter can answer. But fundamentally, and I think it's most important here to emphasize, as I have many ties before, don't take pictures of yourself naked or having sex with someone.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: It's the Internet, it's out there, the cloud. They back up your phone all the time. You can't get it back. Someone's going to break into it. And why do you need to document nudity and sexual activity? Just like open up a can of worms and ask him for all kinds of problems. It may end up in the stack of stupid. I just say, no, honey, how about we've no just no, no, no, Just keep it in your memory. But oh, fifty six thirty five Carsity Detalk Station Plenty coming up. Anything you want to talk about coming up in the six hour. We have a half hour to talk about before we get the Tech Friday with Dave had Or Corey Bowman coming up at seven oh five and a whole lot more after that. Please stick around.
Speaker 5: Covering Trump's first one hundred days, every day Promises Made, Promises Kept.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC The talk Station six fifty five krsee the talk station by Thomas wishing everyone hey, very happy Friday. Reminding you for the five carrisee dot com. It's place to get the podcast and you can't listen live, very important podcast. I just can't get over my conversation here. I stay with Todd Zenzer and all the crap that goes on since I City Council. They don't care wit about the constituents, not a whit. It's all about money and uh pursuing green agendas and well, telling people that they can't have any control over their own neighborhood destiny destiny like for example, Hyde Park and the zoning laws. It's just it's just disturbing. I really really was disturbed. I it's the best way to some up hearing what Todd Zinser had to say about that. We're lucky you got to Todd z Endser in our area. We really are lucky to have him around. Everyone needs a todds Enser former Inspector General. He knows what to look for and where to look for it, and he can certainly ferret out problems and fraud, waste and abuse and what I like to call shenanigans. And yesterday was in great hour conversation and it was disturbing. So what else is going on? And thanks to everybody who supported the Parkinson's Group. Had more en on the radio yesterday talking about their event that's coming up this Saturday. And Bob Wedder, who is a big supporter of the Parkinson's Group Support Group, said that the show did a lot. They had the biggest they sold out. The event has sold out. The original plan was two hundred and fifty people, and after she was on the morning show and spread the word on it, they got two hundred and eighty five folks showing up. And he wanted to thank the listeners and so that's why I'm passing it theong to you appreciate your support and it's a wonderful organization and you were one of your loved ones dealing with Parkinson's. It's a great program to provide you with benefits and emotional support as well as events and activities. Because apparently exercise is critical when dealing with Parkinson's, and so there's opportunities for you to get together with others struggling with Parkinson's and share your experiences as well as get you motivated to get off your button, get out and exercise. Coming up Tech Friday, we're gonna talk about Iranian hackers attacking water and gas systems, so we can add the Iranians to the Chinese Communist Party. Fake Ohio toll messages, which I have been not a victim of because I know, I know BS when I see it on my cellphone. Delete that one. If you get a text message about tolls, just delete it, just delete it. I'm sure that's what the boiling of the Boildown segment with Dave on that one will be. Finally, Microsoft's new AI tool is called a Privacy Nightmare. Fast forward one hour. We're gonna hear from Corey Boone and who's probably got a lot of support from my friends in Hyde Park and they should support him. Corey Bowman would allow you the right to self determination in terms of how big your buildings are and not have since a city council shoving well connected developers down your throats. He's on record on that one. We'll talk about that and a lot more with Corey Bowman. At seven oh five, we're gonna hear from Hartford Seniors. Patty Scott returns of the program. Wonderful organization that one. Former Air Force Colonel Josh McConkie joins the program at eight oh five talk about his book, Be The Weight Behind the Spear. Living donor and Kidney Walk committee member Brett Matters. He's going to join us at eight point thirty to talk about the twenty twenty five kidney Walk. And then Sherry Polland from the Hemilt County Board of Elections on the need for poll workers. Early voting is going on and we'll get voter turnout projections. Sherry Poland, remember you got issue too to vote on. I'm a strong no on that one. And what I describe as a Joseph Mengela like, this is what we're doing to our chill in this really I go back to the word disturbed. I bring this up only because I just it's an illustration of how sickening doctors and in this particular case, corporations have become when it comes to gender fluidity and transformation anybody who listens to the Morning Show knows that I do not believe you can change your gender. I do believe there are people out there that believe there are another gender and I can live peacefully side by side. But you're not going to tell me that anyone can change your gender. We don't know how and probably never will be able to modify chromosomal reality. If you go through the surgical challenge and changes, you might want to read up on that, because it's probably not going to feel like and it's probably going to be a little bit of a struggle to deal with the post surgical realities of the newly created genitalia. But Nike apparently is funding a study, a study five year corporate back by Nike study examining how puberty blockers and hormone therapy affect the athletic performance in transgender identifying children. The goal is to see if medically transitioning boys early enough could close the performance gap between males and females and sports ponder that for a moment, certainly this is without admitting it out loud. It's a recognition and an admission that men have an advantage over women. Why else would you perform the study on children. I mean, you know, maybe the very existence of this study should close the discussion and debate on whether men can beat women traditionally and across the board in sports. Maybe it should serve as an illustration of why men shouldn't be able to create, participate, or compete against women in sports, even if they do identify as a woman. Twenty five In the United States of America, this is going on. Josef Mengel would probably be smiling over this. Two leading physicians that you may have heard of, doctor Mark Siegel and another doctor, doctor Nicole Safire. This is reported in oh I can't remember which article which site got this now. While they do support compassion for those folks or struggling with gender dysphoria, they're concerned about the medical risk also the ethical red flags, which is where I'm coming from on this, as well as ideological bias that's driving the interventions. They explain the athletic advantages for males likely wouldn't be erased first off by hormone therapy, no matter how early in life the treatments are. A minister doctor Siegel pointing out that have more testone or testosterone than females even in utero, which is a long time before puberty starts, which affects the development in ways hormone suppression may never reverse OutKick is the website. Doctor Siegel in an interview without Kick, I would still be concerned about a competitive advantage in people that are born male, even if they transition over to female. And I wrote a question mark after that, because almost he's almost admitting that you can transition over to female anyway because of skeletal type, because of blood type. I would be very expecting that a competitive advantage would be retained. Doctor Safier, for her part, so she feels deeply concerned by reports that Nike's helping fund to study on adolescent children using hormone blockers amen quote. The potential physical and mental health risk of these interventions, especially in young developing bodies, cannot be overstated. Puberty is a critical window for growth, bone density, and emotional maturation, and altering it with hormone blockers can lead to irreversible consequences ranging from weakned skeletal health and infertility to heightened anxiety and depression. I'm concerned about the long term side effects of puberty blockers, especially when joined with gender affirming hormones in terms of fertility, bone growth, and mental health, said doctor Siegel, basically concurring with the opinions of doctor Saffier. And then they point out, what about reversibility, because you know what, sometimes these so called gender dystoric individuals change their mind, and if you look forth, there's a whole bunch of articles out there about people who've already gone through this whole surgical reassignment process only to live with profound regret. When I asked of these treatments are truly reversible, doctor Siegel said, I don't know the answer to that. Nobody knows the answer to that. He said, some of the effects may be reversible, but not all. Notably quote clearly, a mass sectomy is irreversible, and this hurts to even read the word castration. Mas sectomies are irreversible. But as far as puberty blockers themselves, that's unknown. Puberty blockers are usually accompanied by gender affirming hormones, and the together that could be a big problem for fertility. And then the ethical point that I hang my hat on the idea of informed consent. Do children understand the lifelong implications of this so called medical transition. Doctor Siegel quote, how does somebody make an informed decision in childhood? I think over the age of eighteen, for sure, is informed consent, because, of course we have an age, we have an age of adult. You're an adult at eighteen, even if you're not emotionally mature, as you know many eighteen year olds are not, at least from a legal perspective, you're considered an adult and capable of making informed consent. He said, I'm nervous about young teens getting this, and no I understand that someone that decides to be another gender wants to transition before they get hit with puberty, but I'm concerned about what the medical risks and the psychological risk of that. I'm kind of wondering who's making the decision. Is it the child, is it the parent, or is it the doctor? Speaking of doctor's, doctor Safier expressed similar ethical concerns talking about the integrity of this study that Nike's for helping the funds, pointing to the involvement of a researcher in this study, someone named Joanna Harper, a biological male who identifies as a woman, suggesting, of course that this person has clear bias toward this gender reassignment and hormone therapy of experiment mangal alike. She knows that while doctor Katherine Ackerman, the principal investigator, is a qualified expert to lead such research, the inclusion of a transgender researcher, this Joanna Harper person and Nike's financial backing introduces an implicit bias and that undermines the studi's objectivity. Science is supposed to be about discovery, not proving preconceived opinions. I feel so sorry for these kids, and they of course express the idea that you know, parents and guardians, when faced with this sort of genderedisphoric child should offer emotional support, should offer and find some counseling out there. But let's not rush to start mangle alike experimenting them on with medical treatments that are unproven and maybe very dangerous or, as noted by the doctors, irreversible. Do you think the same thoughts and share the exact same ideas as you did when you're twelve? Do you think you've grown emotionally as an adult since you were twelve? You're capable of looking at things along different lines since you were twelve I'll admit that I have six eighteen fifty five KR city talk station. A great idea to save just significant amounts of money. Affordable medical imaging, affordable imaging services, that's the place to be for echo cardiograms, mrict scans, and ultrasounds. And I found out yesterday next I'm gonna need an echo cardiogram, and they gave me the prescription for it, which is kind of like you know, it's a print out ordering the procedure to be done. And I said they were gonn to semi over to the hospital because of course the doctor's office I went to is owned by the hospital. In fact, it sits inside the hospital medical building. Said no, I got a company that do commercial sport. It's called Affordable Imaging Services. And I'll get that echo cartogram for five hundred dollars, unless you need an enhancement, in which case it'll be eight hundred. But I'm not going to pay thirty five hundred dollars at your little imaging department here in the hospital. No, thank you. It doesn't have to be that expensive. And you know what, you don't have to wait around. I'm not in an emergency situation with this. This is just the sort of part of my general health, you know, keep it on track and on touching on top of things. So that's next year. But if your doctor orders an echo cardogram because he or she suspects she got a problem, do you want to wait a month, which you may have to. Imaging departments at the hospital sometimes are backed up. They'll get you right in at Affordable Imaging Services for that echo cartogram and again saving massive amounts of money. All the images, whether they echo cartograms, MRI, CT scans, ultrasounds, come with a board certified radiologist report included in the low price. So not thirty five hundred dollars for an MRI, which you pay probably at the hospital. It's four hundred and ninety five bucks at Affordable Imaging Services. Learn more about the pricing and the information. It's low overhead. I'll point that out up front. But that's one of the reasons they can pass along these massive savings to you. Affordable Medimaging dot Com. Affordable Medimaging dot Com five one three seven five three eight thousand five to one three seven five three eight thousand fifty five KRC the talk station the free I heard six twenty four if we do have KERRCD talk station. A very happy Friday to you, David, also happy about it being Friday. About one minute left in the segment here, got a little long winded going to a rail against the Mangola experience, the experiments that we're doing on our children. Sorry for going long, you know, I just that troubles me to no end. You know, it's funny because the two physicians in that study site the direction that the Europeans are going, like, for example, the United Kingdom, which whose Supreme Court has already ruled it there are only two genders and that doesn't solve the generatus for your problem. But they cited a United Kingdom cast review commissioned by England's National Health Services, led by pediatrician doctor Hillary Cass for report comprehensive independent examination of gender identity services for kids, finding most studies on puberty blockers are low quality, with limited data and long term outcomes. Puberty blockers may harm bone health and fertility. Majority of children of start blockers go on to cross sex hormones, undermining the idea that it's simply a pause. Mental health concerns like autism and anxiety often occur and require broader evaluation, A multidisciplinary approach to care's crucial, emphasizing psychological support over immediate medical intervention. And I see, that's the point I make. If it's a child, they even cite twelve year old. That's why I kept emphasizing twelve year olds. In the last segment. You're putting twelve year olds on hormone blockers. You got to get them before puberty kicks in, I guess. And it's weird that Nike's funding this to find out if this ends up leveling the playing field. God, I find that so disturbing anyway, psychological support over medical intervention. And following the review, the National Health Service in the United Kingdom has since restricted the use of puberty blockers to clinical trials. Only maybe they'd argue this Nike study, privately funded is a clinical trial. I don't know. There ought to be a law six twenty six fifty five care. See they talk station, get in touch with Chimneycare, fireplace and stove. They'll always take care of your safety. And right now they are offering actually it's two specials going on. If you have a gas fireplace or you don't want your fireplace swept maybe you just had it recently swept by the chimneycare fireplace stove. But if they did that, they would have done a chimney evaluation. But they're offering a free exterior evaluation, so regardless of whether you have a wood burner or a gas burner, protect your chimney from water damage. So book an appointment today. They'll come out to your place for free and inspect the exterior of your chimney, the flashing and the calking or whatever's involved with that. And you could have a serious problem on your hands if there's water seeping into your roof, so stop it in its tracks or prevent it from happening. Call them up and schedule that appointment. The other thing is the wood the woodburning Spring Special woodburning Sweeping Evaluation only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine plus tax, great savings, and they complete and thorough video camera inspects. You know, a certified chimney sweep. We'll sweep it out and I'll check for your safety and make sure everything's working in proper order. So take advantage of the Spring Special, and they'll also of course do the exterior evaluation when they're doing the woodburning sweeping evaluation one's sixty nine ninety nine, while at lasts call them up for both two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus with a better business buer locally on and operated since nineteen eighty eight online Chimneycareco.
Speaker 2: Dot Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one a halfety bouk KRC de talk station. It's Friday. I always look forward to this time on a Friday because we have to talk to Tech Friday's Dave Hatter. Interest it dot com. As you find Dave and the team. You've got a business. I know you have computers. Everybody does. You need Dave and his team to keep you out of trouble, undo the trouble you got into and establish best practices everything related to computers. They're the best in the business. Don't take my word for it, That's what the business Insdane Business Courier says, Welcome back, Dave Hatter. Always a pleasure to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: Always my pleasure to be here, Brian. I look forward to it every Friday.
Speaker 1: I do too, and I think because it's going to be a shorter subject matter before we get to the Iranian hackers. Let's start with the fake Ohio toll messages, because I got one the other day, and I know the answer to the question is just delete the damn thing and ignore it. But these are coming out all the time. Like I said, I got one, so I'm sure they're everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've gotten a bunch of these, Brian, and not just about tolls, and I think that's probably the more important takeaway. Exactly the toll thing has been rampant recently. You know, it's coming from various different tolling authorities around the country. It might be easy pass, it might be something else. I've seen many examples of this and seen many articles, and it doesn't seem to be dying off this particular scam. You know, it keeps hitting the media. And what I said before, though, is really this is just indicative of the fact that more and more people are using text. The bad guys know this. It's easy to write a program that can generate spoof phone numbers. That's a big part of this. It's really easy to spoof or create a phone call or a text that comes from any number you want, so your phone lights up. Says you're getting a call from this number, or a text appears to have come from this number, but it did not. That's very, very easy to do, unfortunately, that's one of the reasons why these things are successful. So you couple the ease of sending out mass texts, you couple that with the spoofing aspect of it, and the fact that it's really hard to look at a text and know whether it's legitimate or not, not only because of the spoof phone number, but there's usually not a lot of information. And unlike on a computer when you get a link in an email you can mouse over it and see where that link goes. You just see a link, you don't know whether it's legit or not.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And these toll things and a lot of these spoof texts, you know, there have been spoof texts from FedEx and ups and people's banks, you name it. They've gotten very creative and they try to help you become a victim. Because on an Apple phone anyway, when you receive a text that has a link from an unknown number, Apple will automatically disable the link. So Apple is trying to help you avoid becoming a victim. And the bad guys are smart enough to realize this, and if you read that, they'll tell you hit why to reply, close the text, and then reopen the text because they know once you reply, Apple will assume that's okay. When you reopen the message, the link is now enabled and you can go down their rabbit hole into whatever sort of nefarious thing they had you set up for. So it shows you just how creative and devious these guys are and how they're trying to help you help them be their next victim. So you're right, Brian. The best thing you can do do not reply. Just delete the thing, report it as junk so that number will get blocked. Now you know again these numbers are fake anyway. It's easy to roll through a series of fake numbers, but at least you won't get another text from that fogus number again, and that's your best bet. Education is always skepticism. And then just delete this stuff.
Speaker 1: Just deleted. Yep, my default for everything that comes lands on my cell phone just deleted.
Speaker 3: It's probably a really good way to approach things, Brian, because the likelihood of getting scam drops off drastically if you just delete the stuff.
Speaker 1: I know, you know, even it's a like prescription notices because as you pointed out a bunch of times, you know, like Walgreens, I got a prescription, they say you want your prescription refilled. Now I have pretty good confidence because of the way they communicate me with me that that's legitimate. But you know, I can call Walgreens and tell them film my prescription. You talk about all the time that they can fake and it looks just like something you get from like an email. It can look exactly like a fifth third email as a message. It may very well not be.
Speaker 3: So you're exactly right, Brian, And take the Walgreens for example. If one of those hackers ever got a prescription refill notice, they can copy that there you are, but whatever they want in there, and then send out a hundred million of them or a billion of them to every conceald phone number. Because phone numbers follow a pattern, right us, phone numbers follow a known pattern. I can write a program that will generate every number in that pattern and just blast stuff out. Or your information is constantly being leaked. They know your phone number, they know your email address, they know a lot of information about you from all these data breaches. You and I have talked about over the years. So yeah, your best bet is if you get a let's go back to Walgreens prescription of this. If you get one says you want to refill. At best, get on a full blown computer. See if it came to your email to see if you can mouse over the link doesn't look like goes to Walgreens, or even better, pick up the phone and call Walgreens on a number that you know.
Speaker 1: Pick up the phone. It's so easy to do. Pause it the moment we'll bring back Dave and talk about Iranian hackers joining with the Chinese Communist Party and attacking our water and gas systems. Oh Joy of Joys twenty two to three Firearms out forty tude between Mason and Leven and first off, an awesome outstanding guns for a gun shop. They have everything you need. They have used firearms, they have brand new ones. They have a clean, safe indoor shooting range. They have classes including and Wendy at twenty two three. And you know she and Jeff, the owners are profoundly religious people, and they just wanted to know that. You know your religious institution, your church, your synagogue, you know you've got ethics you've got morals, you have a belief system, but you also need to concern yourself with crazies in the world, and they can offer you classes on how to improve your safety and prepare for sadly an event like that happening. So they have again classes and so fulfill your moral and ethical obligations while at the same time protecting the congregation and the members of your religious institution just one of the things they do. But they also offer individual classes, group classes I have never shot a gun class all the way through professional experience shooter classes, and they have membership options as well, full service. It's a wonderful, wonderful gun shop and it's certainly where I go when I'm in need of firearms, AMMO or anything along those lines. Twenty two three on route forty two between Mason and Love and and online at twenty two to three dot com. That's the number twenty two follow by the word three spelled out dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC so forty if you.
Speaker 1: Have KRCD talk station. Happy right a Corey Bowman pre mayor coming up off top of the our news in the meantime, Dave Hatter from interest it dot com helping us out. And uh, well, I guess now the Irodians are joining the fun and hacking into our systems. Oh, joy of joys, Dave Hatter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the last thing we need, Brian. So for a long time, if you're in this business, there's generally well known that there's an axis of evil. It's China, Iran, North Korea, and Russia. It's sort of the pre eminent hacker based states where you not only have survellian hackers there who the government is turning a blind eye to at best, including you know, criminal gangs who are making enormous amounts of money at this you also have state sponsored hackers. Often the US comes up with these ridiculous names like fancy Bear and you know, cute Panda. I don't. I don't really know why that's done, because to me, it takes some of the seriousness out of it when you have these sorts of names associated with it, in my opinion. But nevertheless, when you hear about these things, that's what they're talking about, and this this is a disturbing story and wired. You know, again, Iran has been known for this for some time. But when you have large nation states with deep pockets and resources. And you know, the FBI is said in the past North Korea. They believe North Korea is making billions of dollars a year by stealing money from American individuals and American companies that helps fund their government. So, you know, some of this is about stealing trade secrets. We've talked about that, and it's it's well documented that the PRC and people from Republic of China has been stealing trade secrets for decades. It's about stealing military secrets, it's about stealing money, it's about causing chaos, and it's really that latter point that I'm always the most concerned about. And to me, this story and Wired, I encourage people to go read it for themselves. It's got a lot of detail we won't be able to get into. But they point out that you now have at least one they started out or at they claim to be a activist group. When you hear the term activists, these are usually individuals who are doing some hacking, but they have political goals. They're not necessarily extremely technical, extremely capable. They don't have the deep pockets of a state behind them or even military training. Again, I've seen FBI stats that say, the FBI believes Chinese, the Chinese Communist Party has a fifty to one advantage in terms of their hackers versus ours, which is pretty disturbing and scary. But apparently this started out or at least was purported to be a activist thing, but it's really sponsored by the Iranian state. These are high level hackers and the point that they're making in this article is that you know, they've been hacking into what I'm going to loosely call Internet of things. Right in the industrial world manufacturing companies, you'll hear the term operational technology. You've got information technology, think of the people's sitting and carpeted offices working on computers. And then you have operational technology all the stuff that makes the plant work, sensors, systems out there that are monitoring things, moving things around. Right, So when you hear operational technology, that's generally what folks are talking about. And then within that you have systems like skata ICs industrial internet of things again, the sensors, all the things that are collecting data making sure everything is going well. And when people say, well, you know, how bad could that be? Recall stuck stent right where someone quote unquote, Brian delivered a virus to the uranium enrichment reactors in Iran that made the operators believe they were operating correctly while they were basically ripping themselves apart. So when you think, when you think this is not a thing, it's a thing. And this Uranian group apparently has been going after industrial devices, not only in manufacturing plants, but as we've discussed many times before, and the things that keep me very concerned about the chemical plants, the electrical grid logistics systems. You know, if you could shut down, let's say, the major ports all around the country, and we saw some of this sort of thing once, not in the not too distant past. You know, if all of the cranes that lift those container boxes off the ships suddenly stop working and couldn't be fixed in a reasonable period of time, that'd be a problem. But worse yet, imagine if you could make a chemical plant over pressurize or something and blast chlorine out into the area. We've seen that happen back in Bopaul in nineteen eighth. Yeah, or you could just shut down the grid or better at Brian, because you have attacked all kinds of systems in all kinds of places, these industrial Internet of things systems, these operational technology systems, you could turn off a bunch of stuff, shut a bunch of things down, perhaps cause explosions or other catastrophes, nuclear plants, et cetera. It'd be a real problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's putting is delicately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this isn't just my speculation. Again, the FBI and other government agencies have been worrying about this for a long time. You keep seeing these articles coming out again. I encourage people go find this Wired article. It's got a lot more detail.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Thankfully there are lots of smart people out there working on trying to detect and defend against this sort of stuff. But we have got to convince businesses everywhere that they've got to take this stuff seriously. I mean, it's not just a potentially existential threat to their business because something catastrophic happens that they can't recover from, but it's an increasingly existential threat to our society, not only because of the supply chain risk of that business going out at the supply chain, but when you think about things again like chemical plants, nuclear plants, electric grid water plants, which they mentioned in this article extensively. It's a serious problem, and we have got to get serious about it as a society because eventually, whether it's the Chinese, the Iranians, someone is eventually going to push the button and this stuff is going to go down. And I do not believe we are prepared for it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't either. And of course one of the things I sort of anticipate. The day China decides to invade Taiwan is a day they'll push the button. So while we are in running around screaming hysterics because the electro grid is shut down and we can't get to the grocery store or the grocery and the entire supply chain breaks down, we're hardly going to be hardly going to be able to deal with the Taiwanese people, or maybe that'll be the beginning of World War three.
Speaker 3: I think that's a real threat, Brian, as I do. Test as it may sound to some, you know, it's the old distraction technique, right, Oh, look all your systems are down now. You're too busy dealing with your own problems to even worry about what we're doing over here.
Speaker 1: Mass hysteria. Dave again. No, it's mass hysteria.
Speaker 3: You can't get your money, you can't buy food, you can't get gas, you can't it's I know it's not pleasant to think about these things, but you know, fore warned is forearmed, and we really really really have to get serious about this as a country, as businesses, as individuals.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, time is n It is past nine coming out Microsoft's new AI tool, a privacy nightmare. God good news and report this morning. So why not get over to Gate to Heaven Cemetery and engage in some quiet contemplation. Maybe prayer as we contemplate through out is what Dave's just talking about. It's a beautiful, beautiful location, winding roads and pathways, the monuments, the shrines and reflective water tree features, and the gorgeous, gorgeous trim lawns and seasonal flowers. It's a park like setting. It is a park and you know, as you can find comfort and peace in the cemetery's quiet reverence surroundings, and it is literally open to everyone for your enjoyment. So take a stroll, sit down, meditate, contemplate, engage in prayer. They've been ministering to the tri saye more than seventy seven years. Honor your life on Sacred Ground. Learn more online go to gateof Heaven dot org fifty five arc Thank you about KRCD, talk station tech Fuddy, Dave ad Er, interest it dot com? All right, privacy nightmare? Huh Microsoft's new AI tool Tell my listeners about this? When Tim foil had or well report Dave.
Speaker 3: Adder, Ah, what could go wrong? Brian? And by the way, you made me have a good flashback there the way you described Sunny Sunday. Do you remember the board game Payday Parker Brothers, Oh yeah, I haven't thought played that like crazy as a kid. And if you remember the Sunday space that was set up like a calendar, sweet Sunday, a little flashback, will you find? It made me think of that.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 3: So Microsoft has a thing. This got a lot of flak last year and they kind of backed off it. It's a feature called Recall. It has not been fully rolled out, and it's only going to be rolled out to newer devices with co Pilot plus so far anyway. But it's a really interesting idea. And on one hand, I could like so much of this stuff, Brian. On one hand, I could see where this could be beneficial, But on the other hand, I could easily see how this has some very orwellian aspects to it and could go horrifically wrong. And ironically, this morning, when I woke up, I was sort of scanning the news and I saw a story on LinkedIn, so a friend of mine had posted this where apparently we've talked about this before. Bossware. It's software designed to install on a device, perhaps serptipitously, serreptitiously maybe not, and basically monitor what your employees are doing. I think we've talked about I know we've talked about this before, but folks maybe even heard of like mouse jigglers, which is idea that you're going to install another piece of software that makes your mouse move around so it seems like you're working, so the bossware thinks you're working even though you're not. The point being though, a company that fairly well known company in this space did not have their servers configured correctly, and twenty one million images that were taken by this bossware software running in the background or leaked on the internet. Who knows what's in that right? Who knows what your employees are doing? And I'm not saying in a bad way. I mean, they're doing their job. Who knows what sensitive trade secrets they might have access TOPII PHI hipoprotected information. Who knows twenty one million images just got leaked on the internet. Back to recall, now, I just wanted to set that up. So Recall is a similar type of product. It's not designed as boss wear, it's not designed to be secret. The idea of recall is while you're working, it's occasionally taking screenshots of your computers. So when you go, hey, you know, a few days ago, I was looking up this thing on the internet. Now I don't remember what it was. You could essentially, almost like a camera roll on the phone, just roll back and find it. So that's the premise of it. And again I kind of understand the premise, and I could even see where there are many times where that would have been handy for me, especially like in the old days when I was still writing a lot of code. You know, maybe I deleted something and now I need it and I don't have a copy of it. I might have been able to find that old code without having to try to created about it.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: So I understand the premise, but I have a lot of serious concerns, as do many privacy experts. I mean, people went ballistic over this thing when it was first announced. And like, here's a great quote in an article. Right privacy campaigner doctor Chris Sharissik, who previously recalled who previously called recall quote a privacy nightmare unquote said the opt in mechanism is an improvement, but felt it could still be misused. And then he says, and this is good quote information about other people who cannot consent will be captured and processed through recall and quote. And what he means is while now there is an opt in feature, there wasn't in the original role. Out of this, which is good, you could go in and turn it off if it's enabled on your computer. His point is, so like his boss ware thing, you're my client. Let's say I'm an attorney, Brian, you're my client. Your information is being screenshot at sensitive divorce case. I don't know you're you're suing someone over copyright infringement. That's getting screenshotted, and then suddenly it gets leaked somehow bad software configuration. I don't know what I'm doing using my computer, and now your information has been leaked inadvertently by me. Who's responsible? Is it me? Is it Microsoft? Either way, you've already been harmed. Now are You're going to get another lawyer to sue the lawyer that leaks your information inadvertently through this tool. So I am not a fan of this. Again, I can easily see where if you were a skilled and save a user and you fully understood the consequences of this going bad, this could be helpful. So if you wanted to opt into it and you really knew how it worked. Microsoft also says they're not uploading the information to Microsoft servers. It's local to your PC. So they've done some things that give me less concern about it. But I know this will go bad because people will not really understand what's happening, how it's working. Hackers will know, Oh, here's the folder the recall photos gets to wored right, I've broken into your system. Let me get to this folder and see what I can steal. And then again, just today, just today, the news breaks about another company doing something similar, twenty one million images out there. So yeah, not a fan. I am not. I won't be using recall anytime soon, Brian.
Speaker 1: That would encourage others get that impression, and as an attorney you might have to get informed consent from your client when using some third party app which could possibly, but maybe not likely, dump your information out into the world. Anyhow, Dave had our interest it dot com. Appreciate you coming to the program every Friday to talk about these important matters. We'll do it again next Friday. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 1: Thanks for what you do.
Speaker 3: Always my pleasure. Brian look forward to talking to you next week.
Speaker 1: Stig around folks. Corey Bowman from Mayor. He joins the program after the top of the our.
Speaker 5: News covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 11: Every day we stand on the verge of the four greatest years in American history.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station this report seven o six the fifty five air CD talk station on a Friday. What an extra special treat I knew Corey Buman was going to join the program, but I kind of thought he was gonna be calling. In the fact, I talked over to Joe Strecker. I said, Joe, is Corey coming into the show studio? Is gonna be calling? He said, Now he's gonna be calling in. I turn around and Joe Strecker's walking into my room in the studio right behind him, Corey Bauman find him online at Corey Bowman dot com. He has a chance to win the Uh well, of course he's gonna win the primary. It's gonna be him against aftab Provall in November. And Lord Almighty. After talking to Todd Zenzer yesterday, and congratulations, welcome Corey Bowman. You got another endorsement, Todd Zenzer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that was awesome to hear that as well. But thank you so much for having me, Brian. It's awesome to actually be in the studio. I like that more than anything.
Speaker 1: I enjoy heaving. So I went across the board here to talk to and look at in the face, because you know, it just makes conversation that much easier. All right, So, I think the biggest story locally in the city of Cincinnati, and you were there and you heard the residents of Hyde Park talking about it. Sounds to me like they were not interested in having the zoning variants granted. But the council members I think they had after talking to Todd Zenzer yesterday, they had prepared statements prepared statements before the vote seven to two vote to allow the variants from the previously shoved down every neighborhood in the City of Cincinnati Connected Communities zoning laws. They then immediately pivot and shove the variants the allowance for the waiver of the height restrictions in Hyde Park Square down the residence of Hyde Park Throat. I can't reconcile those two. But if you have a prepared statement going into the meeting before you've listened to what I understand were very well articulated legitimate concerns expressed by the residents of that neighborhood. Yep. I mean you're not even giving them a fair shake.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, I mean I've prepared a statement and I was keeping within my two minutes of time just to kind of support the community. But the people that were getting up, these were Hyde Park residents of thirty forty fifty years.
Speaker 1: You had people and this.
Speaker 12: Was like one after another where just some of them were a little bit more colorful than others, but every one of them had excellent points with their community of why they do not want the rezoning, and they were very adamant to explain that they're not against development. They're not against the building. It's just how it's being done right now to take away from the charm and the character of Hyde Park. But the thing that kind of blew me away was that, you know, no matter the issue, an elected official is there to constantly and consistently consider the voice of the community. And that's who showed up and they were just ignored that day.
Speaker 1: And they have been ignored, I guess across the board. When you have an organized campaign and four thousand people signing on to a petition for the for the to the city council saying do not allow this? That how many times has that happened? Like never? I mean, this isn't an election where you know you're you're putting up Corey Bowman signs vote Corey Bowman for mayor or whatever. I mean, you see that kind of organization all the time because it's backed by political money, it's backed by other people's donations and everything. But this is as grassroots a campaign as you can find, absolutely, and with that many people saying no, you know that's where the majority of voters are, and yet council ignoring their This is representative democracy here, you are elected to represent the will of the people, and in that community, the will of the people was do not allow this. But when you're a well connected developer, I guess that trump's the will of the residence of the community. Now, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 12: And the thing that this is turned into is that Cincinnati is not just like this one downtown area. Were made up of fifty two neighborhoods, and every one of our neighborhoods was watching this vote very carefully. Yeah, because it wasn't just about Hyde Park Square. This was about do our elected officials, our nine council members, our mayor the people that we have elected, do they actually represent us and do they actually care to hear our voice. So this was one community in Hyde Park that was really speaking very strongly against this decision, and they were ignored that day. While all of these other neighborhoods that witness this are now questioning whether they're elected officials represent their communities as well.
Speaker 1: Well, And they already know the answer to that is no, they will not. Because again I'll go back to the prior intrusion on zoning, which was connected communities. Each of the fifty two neighborhoods has its own vision, view and thoughts and ideas. Some of them, had they voted on it in their own town halls and their own community forms, they would have embraced the idea of connect communities. Other ones did not want it at all. And yet the whole city of Cincinnati is now governed by this zoning called connected Communities. Long Comes High Park developers they want a variance from that, and they get it in spite of the will of the people in Hyde Parker said no, no, no, no, no, no, no, do not do this. I don't understand that. But as Todd Zendzer pointed out yesterday, and I recommend everyone listening to that podcast, that is an eye opening discussion we had. They did this the Bond Hill as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, also to the whenever we first started running for mayor. You know, the first thing that I started researching was this connected communities and all these policies that were going in place. And when I saw it, to be honest with you, when you read the cover sheet, you know, it sounds all nice and all. We're all for development, we're all for community, we're all for all this. But when you dive down deep into it, this was just a trojan horse for failed policies of what we've already seen in communities like where I'm at with our business and church in the West End. It's just now they have a new label on it. But these policies do not help our communities, they don't help our neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: And this is what it does.
Speaker 12: It chokes out one of the golden opportunities of our city, and that is to take advantage of small time developers and people that actually have a heart for our community.
Speaker 1: Because the reality of is.
Speaker 12: That there is so much property and historic significance in our city that is being underutilized. Oh yeah, and when it comes to these small developers that can do one or two properties at a time, you let these businesses thrive, You let these communities thrive, you let these housing opportunities thrive. But no, it has to be under the big vision, the big picture vision of our elected officials.
Speaker 1: And I think that goes to other comments that Todd highlighted about, like this green agenda that's behind the scenes, you know, the fifteen minute community this whole I think it was Agenda fifty one. It was talked about maybe ten twelve years ago. It's got a new label on it now. But federal money comes in in order to retool entire cities to eliminate, you know, private ownership of automobiles, eliminate parking spaces, you know, get people concentrated in areas close to public transportation. I mean, maybe that's not the vision that everybody in the community wants, you know, how about how about letting us have a say? And I think this whole vote in this this is a reflection of them caring more about what their vision is for any given area rather than representing the interests of the citizens. I mean, it's clearly what's going on.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 12: Also, it shows that this is more of a national take on these policies rather than actually looking at the unique things that make Cincinnati Cincinnati, because we're, like I said, we're fifty two neighborhoods. I'm in College Hill right now, and they implement that same strategy of a bike lane and a two lane highway on North Bend Road, which everyone hates it right now. And I tell you we're a city of hills. We're a city of snow or a city of rain. And the thing is is that I haven't yet to see one biker in the bike on North Bend Road that they spent thousands upon thousands of dollars to make this a bike line.
Speaker 1: There is this.
Speaker 12: Incredibly large, dense apartment complex that's on North Bend Road that is still vacant to this day. And so the reality of it is that these policies do not reflect the uniqueness of the fifty two neighborhoods of Cincinnati. It's one thing if you want to do this downtown. It's one thing if you want to make Crew Tower residential, and you want to make more access to public transportation. Those are things that actually make sense. But when you're in the other fifty two neighborhoods to where Hyde Park and College Hill and all these areas that have their own unique traits to it, you can't implement those same policies to it.
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't ride a bike on Sunset either, got away to get Sunset in literally every conversation we need to do our next be campaign event on sunset and sunset just standing there. Just don't drive your car on it. Yeah, you'll end up getting needed in an alignment, or you'll need to get your rims up if fixed. Man, that is just so distressing and disturbing when you realize they do have a lot of money and they are not allocating it I properly. They're not taking care of existing infrastructure. And I know that's my favorite street to make fun of. And I bet that every time I say it, there's probably nine thousand people just all screaming about, Oh yeah, you think some such bad you should come out and see mine. But that's the kind of thing that's the problem. They fail to appreciate the priorities and the needs of the residents as possible. Being Corey Bowman back find them online, go to Corey Bowman dot com Bowman dot com. You can donate, get a yard sign, get a T shirt. And of course, my friends in Hyde Park benefit from a change in leadership. I feel pretty confident about that when going with Corey Bowmen. And you know what would be great, Corey, I think it would be so absolutely cool if the rest of the city of Cincinnati recognizes what happens with Bond Hill and Hyde Park and sees that or feels already burned earned by having connected communities imposed upon them, depriving them of the direction of their neighborhood. If they are all burned enough on that that you end up getting the most votes in the primary. Well, yeah, I want to ask par Ball.
Speaker 12: Yeah, let's actually make a statement, if you, for the sake of what happened this last week's with the elected officials blatantly ignoring the communities, let's make a statement in this primary May by May six, vote for Corey Bowman and just make that a statement to say enough is enough and now put a fire on their tails.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you certainly would, and that does not mean you then have to vote for Corey in November, although I really encourage you to do that me too, But that would just be so cool. Can you imagine the front page of the Inquirer and all the local news Corey Bowman wins primary beats have to have par Ball, God, he'll be awesome. Seven to sixteen fifty five KAR City Talk Station. I think you just need to make the appointment. I feel pretty confident Andrew Cullen and Color Electric will still extend the twenty percent discount because you need to do it by the end of this month, and that's a twenty percent discount on a service upgrade. So you got through the end of the month the thirtieth to take advantage of a twenty percent discount of new service installation for your home. Twenty percent off total job costs can save you a lot of money given how expensive it because of code changes that were implemented last year. I don't know why they do this, but it's the power up your home sale. So it applies to above or below ground residential single family service of four hundred amps or less. Promotion extends the breaker panel of main service upgrades only, so ten your warranty comes with it, the wiring warranty. You get that with everything Colin does. But for all residential electric projects anything, whether or not it's a service upgrade, it's a it's color electric. Find them online Cullen ce U l E Ncullen Electriccincinnati dot com. Here's the number five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Channlnine with It's gonna be pretty rainy today on and off showers and then later this afternoon they say likely showers and storms with downcours all likely seventy few. They are high today overnight little fifty three with rain moving out mostly partly cloudy skies early and then sunshine later in the day. Tomorrow with the highest sixty five overnight little forty three with a few clouds, and on Sunday just a sunny, pleasant seventy degree high day sixty three degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update from the u SE UP Traffic center.
Speaker 6: You see Healthy. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal. I would make sure your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect morid. You see health dot com crews are working with an accident. North found seventy five at Buttermilk right lean of the ramp is blocked off, but it's at the very beginning of the ramp. S Traffic is slowing from two seventy five in earl Winger add an extra five into downtown.
Speaker 1: All clear.
Speaker 6: North found seventy one at Gilbert from the earlier broken down Chuck ing ramon fifty five care see the talks face.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty if at five Karros de talk station. A very happy Friday to year. Brian Thomas with Corey Bowman in studio. Find him online at Corey Bowman dot com. Course running from mayor of the City of Cincinnati, and he's racking up a lot of really good endorsements, including Christopher Smith and former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Also Westside Jim Keefer, who wanted to be sure we brought his name up. Hell, yeah, there you go, Westside, got your name up, and I know you're a strong Corey Bowman endorser. Pivoting back to have to have pro ball in the current makeup a city council, while stabbing the various residents in the neighborhoods in the back in terms of their zoning rights, engaging in national level politics while breaking the laws of the City of Cincinnati, and causing the Cincinnati Police Department to have to incur unanticipated, unplanned overtime expenses to the tune of fifteen thousand dollars. He's doing an anti Elon Musk protest, blocking the streets, no permit, and there he is with his bullhorn. What the hell does that have to do with Cincinnati city issues? Corey Bowman, Well, that's the biggest thing that I'm hearing from people. I mean, when we talk to people, we talk to Republicans, Democrats, undecided, charter rights, whatever you want to call it, and everybody is fed up with local government trying to bring national politics into this. Yes, there might be a connection to people in Washington right now. Yes we have to have a relationship with people in the federal government, state government, but city government needs to focus on city government. And people are fed up with all these agendas and all these opinions that have nothing to do with potholes, have nothing to do with crime, have nothing to do with that. So this protest.
Speaker 12: I'm not against protests, and we have the right to peaceably assemble and protests under the constitution, but the way that it was done, the city itself incurred, like you said, up to fifteen thousand dollars of unplanned expenses, and we're trying to run on money management, to be just smarter with our budget, to be able to prioritize what needs to be prioritized with the budget, with the finances. I was a case there, and then you're up there with a bullhorn and you're talking about national politics, and yeah, it might get you on the news, or it might get you, you know, a raw raw from the people, but this isn't fixing our city problems.
Speaker 1: No, it's not getting sunset pay. That's for damn sure. Well, and it's ken Kober the FOP hasn't and pointed out, you know, you got all these additional officers standing around. But and he didn't say it directly, but he certainly implied it that they were not to issue any citations for violating the permit requirement. There is a law in the books that require you if you're going to block, especially the blocking the streets is not is unlawful in and of itself. Listen to him, Sorry, listen, next time arrest the mayor if he engages in this. I mean, if he's the one stirring the pot, he'd be the best figurehead to use as an illustration saying, listen, you're not allowed to block the dam streets. And we even arrested our own mayor and gave a citation for it. Well, that's the thing with our police officers. We have some of the greatest police officers in our city. And a lot of people talk about crime in our city and I think that all the time. CPD will get a bad rep for that. But you got to realize that the government is essentially tying their hands. YEP, because they have non pursuit laws, they have directives in order that prevent them from doing their jobs properly. And so you want to blame the crime, blame it on the administration that's tying the hands of our police officers well and sap in the will and they desire to even do their job because if you follow through to the prosecutor's office, and the prosecutor can do the best job in the world, and you can draw on conclusions on whether Kyalage County pillage is. But then once you get in front of a judge, and the judge is one of those Silverstein type judges and doesn't apply a bond to a very dangerous individual who may be a flight risk or a danger of the community. And then when it comes time for actual sentencing, after being convicted beyond a reasonable doubt, they get a slap on the wrist and the're back on the street. That just defeats the entire will and collapses the entire structure of law enforcement. Punishment is a deterrent and if you take away the deterrent effect, you're not going to stay out the crime from happening.
Speaker 12: No exactly, And we talk to police officers. I mean, there's many that come in my coffee shop in the West Send, and when we talk about these issues, a lot of people think, oh, we're they're understaff or there's things happen, And for the most part, they actually say that their biggest issues are these policies. Are these things that are tying their hands, like non pursuit laws that are keeping them from doing their job. Two is like what you said, like these judges and these things that are happening after the arrest. That is just basically discouraging them. What's the reason why we're booking people? Why is the reason why we are enforcing these laws if they're not going to be implemented after the process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to complete the process and get the conviction in order to get that leg of the criminal justice in place, which is the deterrent effect. You know, it has to have consequences. Without consequences, there is no point in law enforcement. Corey Bowman, it's been a pleasure having you in and I appreciate making the effort to stop in the studio. You're always welcome here, my friend. I wish you the best. I've got a primary May six. People get out vote vote. Vote. You may now early voting is going on. Get into the Board of Elections, cast your vote, and let's make a real strong statement to the current administration to get the job done and get back on track, because right now you're not serving the interest of the citizens that you purport to represent. Corey Bowman seven twenty five afty five KRCD Talk Station Cross Country Mortgage. That would be Susette Lozacamp. But she is with Cross Country, which means she can help you across the entire country. She has been in the mortgage business for thirty five years. I think it's just I can't believe that because I know Susette, and I can't believe she's old enough to have been in the business that long. But she'll you'll love working with her. She prides herself on the service she provides for her client. So whether you are looking for a second mortgage or reverse mortgage, you want to buy a house, she'll get back with you right away and you'd be great rates at a low cost. All fifty states and my friends listening in Puerto Rico. She can servece you, just so call her up five three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Online you can a rather emailer Suzette dot lowscamp spilled l o s e Kamp Suzette dot low'scamp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krc UH channel.
Speaker 1: And I Weather Forecast. It's got rain, so showers and storms are likely this afternoon, with down fours also likely. We may get some isolated showers and storms this morning as well. Today's high seventy two overnight long fifty three. The rain l end segue to a partly cloudy morning tomorrow with sunny skies later in the day high at sixty five do clouds every night down of forty three and a sunny Sunday with a highest seventy Right now sixty three degrees. Let's get a traffic update from the uc Hel Tramphan Center.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: You see healthy O fine, comprehensive care. That's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes expect Marid You see health dot com. Norbound seventy five continues to run a couple of extra minutes out of Erlinger to.
Speaker 1: The wreck of Buttermilk.
Speaker 6: The right lane of a ramp is blocked up by a car sitting sideways at Buttermilk. Everything else is in pretty good shape. Chuck Ingramont efty five krsc the talk station. It's seven thirty fifty five KR see detalk station.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday. And I know there's a lot of folks that are in assisted living facilities out there in the world that are much much, much happier because of the work of my next guest, and she's been on several times, Patty Scott, who's with HEART for Seniors Foundation, which is a nonprofit, and that HEART stands for Healthcare Evolution Alert Responsive Technology, And what they do is they help out seniors who are dealing with you know, it's like incontinence issues that so many have and I know this from a personal, you know standpoint, and it's impossible for the staff at these various facific to know exactly when they need to get in there and help that patient out. And so this amazing technology which just with your donation you can help assist them get this affordable technology into these facilities. So the healthcare providers there get an immediate note warning like hey, room four, second floor, mister Jones needs some assistance and rather than letting him lay there for ten or twelve fifteen hours, which quite often happens. They get right to the need and then it and as well, it provides other things. Patty, Patty Love, I love. I sort of adopted your charity and I'm glad to be able to help you out. Patty. It's welcome back to the program.
Speaker 4: Brian, you and your listeners have been amazing, and you can adopt us anytime.
Speaker 10: We cannot thank you enough.
Speaker 1: Well we I mean, we kind of have adopted you, so then that's good. That's good. I mean, And you had those wonderful young ladies on last time. God is so moved by their singing skills and abilities. And if you make a donation to Hard for Seniors, you may very well be blessed by a visit from what were the gal's names.
Speaker 4: Yeah, may say Marie Cunningham, the kind of Marangers from the NBC Voice, which.
Speaker 10: By the way, you need to let us know.
Speaker 4: They're ready to come sing to your mother because of your wonderful donation. So we're still we uh, just need a date and time.
Speaker 10: I will tell you.
Speaker 4: We did our first visit a couple of weeks ago and let's just say tears are flowing.
Speaker 10: Oh yo, to be getting a lot of video.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 10: I don't even know where to begin on that one. Let me start first with that.
Speaker 4: Let's just say the isolation that goes on with a lot of these seniors. The joy of just a simple somebody coming in and singing to them and being told that your loved one is thinking about you and sent these little angels to sing a favorite song. Oh yeah, has been probably the most joyous thing I've ever seen in my entire life. It is so incredible, And.
Speaker 1: There's no way I could ever call that an overstatement because I got to witness they sat here in my studio and they just are such great singers, and they have such a positive attitude, a loving spirit. You can see it, you can sort of feel it. It's like somebody who walks in the room has a certain glow and aura about them. You're like, that's a good person right there. That's those young ladies. And they just exude this charm and positivity and they're not they don't have any kind of agenda other than sharing their the spirit and their love for well seniors. And I love the story about their neighbor. What their ninety plus year old neighbor who doesn't have anybody left in their life, has outlived their children, and they go and spend time with her. It's just it's just what they're all about. So you guys, the marriage of you of them with hard for seniors is just the perfect fit.
Speaker 10: It is, and I'll tell you when you'll see it.
Speaker 4: With your mom, they just sit, they hold their hand, they sing to it's like this little personal concert and I just stand and cry. I mean, I have flowing down my mind. But it's really personal. And that's really what we want to do, is bring this personal. You know, when somebody is at the end of their life stage right there's no reason why. And obviously I'm a perfect example. It's so hard right there. My dad for the last month has been in the hospital and I couldn't care for him at home if I tried. I mean, it's just been real. He's eighty seven and it's just been real, real issues. And we finally have gotten him to rehab facility right now, hopefully we'll get him back home. But you know, there just sometimes reaches a point where you can't care for them at home and they have to be where the medical professionals are. And Brian, let me just tell you call lights have been an issue in the last several weeks.
Speaker 10: We all know it.
Speaker 4: And we had told you about our call ote technology that we installed locally and have been testing.
Speaker 10: And let me just tell you that right there is a game changer.
Speaker 4: Typically, most average calllites can they could be answered quickly, but with staffing issues and things like that. God loved the healthcare staff. When they're covering a whole hall, sometimes by themselves at neither on the weekends, the calllight maybe just you know, gets turned off, whatever the case may be. Now this calllite technology goes straight to their biolink phone and they get alerted differently they do than for.
Speaker 8: An incontinence issue or a pulse sox issue dropping.
Speaker 4: And let me just tell you we are seeing response times now just in testing mode of upwards of four to five minutes, which may sound like a long time, but in a normal average can't come answer the calllight for an hour and forty five minutes.
Speaker 10: It's massive, it's massive.
Speaker 4: And what's really cool is we're targeting to determine why are they hitting the calllight Is it medicine related, is it socialization related?
Speaker 10: Is it food related? Is it hydration related?
Speaker 4: Nobody has been able to collect data before to determine, or is someone kidding me?
Speaker 1: They don't know? No surprise. I mean that sounds like a very With modern technology and computers, it seems like a very simple thing to be able to document. But there's no requirement that you document why the call light went off, So nobody does it. But your technology has the ability to just to put that data in and keep track of it. Let's bring Patty back. It's heart for seniors. It's heart the number four seniors dot org. I strongly encourage my listeners to make a contribution, and you too, make it a lovely serenade. And it's not just the seniors are on the last limbs of My mom's listening to the program Patty. So we Mom, we haven't written you off. She's still independent, she lives at home. You can also have this, may see Marie come over and sing for maybe a caregiver as well. They'll do that, So pause and make the donation and we'll bring her back and find out how much how many inroads they've made, because I know they keep expanding. So first though, a word for doctors Fred Peck and Megan threw the dynamic duo of dentistry. Now doctor Fredpack and other wonderful staff at his clinic, well they're clinic now, but he's been my general dentist for jeez, if I've been fifteen years by now. Just the most state of the art clinic. He insists on every thing being cutting edge, and so they do have everything cutting edge and it's all for the benefit and the comfort of the patients there. Teaming up with doctor Pecks been more than a year now. I think Doctor Meghan Fru working under accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, so she offers her fresh perspectives on cosmetic dentistry. Doctor Fred Peck has got years under his belt doing transformative, life changing, exceptional cosmetic dentistry. If you need cosmetic dentistry, you don't like your smile, you got a problem with it. Want of those types of people to put their hand in front of their mouth because you don't want they don't. You don't want people to see your teeth. You need to see the dynamic duo of dentistry. Doctor Peck and a credited fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. And that's rarefied air. I mean, just you'll see the before and after pictures of some of the work that he's done over the years. Absolutely mind boggling. And doctor Freu, if you're afraid of the deal of the dentist, you don't like dentists, it's impossible not to love doctor Meghan Freu. So the dynamic due is there waiting for you. Get a call, make appointment five one three seventy six, sixty six five one three six one seventy six sixty six Online Peck pec kpeck smiles dot com, fifty five the talk station. This is Joe Cordell of Cordell and Cordell. Here is your nine first morning weather forecast. Got h well isolated showers and storms this morning and then this afternoon. They say likely showers and storms and also with downpours likely seventy two for today's high fifty three over night if there ain't n move out. We got a mostly sunny late in the day Saturday, with clouds in the morning. It'll go up to sixty five down to forty three over night. And on Sunday mostly sunny, seventy degrees. The word gorgeous is in there sixty three right now, time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: And you see Health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you seehealth dot com. All clear north found seventy five at Buttermilk from an earlier accident. Southbound seventy five beginning to slow a bit pans. That's the Reagan Highway. So is southbound seventy one approaching fifer as a recon Clifton on McMillan at Wheeler Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station seven fifty five kr C. The talk station helping out those in assisted living facilities get the care and treatment they need within the right amount of time. It's of course Heart for Seniors, Heart the number four Seniors dot org nonprofit organization. You can help out. Any little contribution can help. And I tell you what. Patty Scott, my guest this morning, we've had her on before, has just let me know on so many occasions how much she appreciates you, my listeners, and the help that you have given the Heart for Seniors organization and its effort to help these folks truly in need. They are, so I want to thank all my listeners for supporting this wonderful organization as well. It just makes so much sense. And honestly, Patty, it's just kind of when we first met to talk about this and you first introduced me to this technology, I was just shocked that it wasn't literally in every one of these senior facilities everywhere, because it's you know, ultimately, while it can be expensive to obtain, you know, collectively, for every single bed and every single facility overall, the cost is not that much given today's modern technology.
Speaker 4: No, it's twelve dollars and eighty seven cents a day Brian for one resident. Yeah, and that's actually with them being on the entire bioling system, you know, and somebody doesn't have to be incontinent. We have the rest wearables that a lot of people wear. You know, as you get older, your pul sock drops, and if somebody like forgets to put their oxygen on after they shower, and all of a sudden, their pulsocks drops from one hundred down to eighty that could cause a major issue. Again, Alert response technology, they're rest wearable will pick up on it. It's the only approved device in the United States and it alerts for help.
Speaker 10: And going back to your mom.
Speaker 8: We actually can set up in home.
Speaker 4: We've focused obviously on the larger population in the long term care facilities, but if any of your listeners have loved ones at home and need help with caregiving, all.
Speaker 10: They need to do is email us.
Speaker 4: Email us, email me personally Patty Patty at Hartfordseniors dot org, and we can set you up like your own little nursing home at home as well, if that helps you or helps the healthcare provider.
Speaker 10: We are here.
Speaker 4: Locally obviously, we've expanded now to eight facilities fully functional. We're about to launch another four in the next month. With our goal, as you knew from day one when we met, we want to be at least in fifty facilities in the state of Ohio by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope we can help achieve that goal. I truly do, and I know my listeners are willing to help out. They had before and you know, to the extent you didn't get to hear the Cunningham Sisters sing on my program, And you want to know what you're in for if you make a donation, just go to YouTube and type in Cunningham's Sisters and it'll probably pop up Cunningham's Sisters on the voice And if you connect to that link, there's several videos of them, and some of them are several years old, and there's I'd see they posted one as recently as a month ago under the moniker the Cunningham Sister. So check it out. You're in for a real treat and you'll know exactly what's in store for you when you make that donation. They're just lovely singers, they are.
Speaker 4: And I will also tell you we've had a couple of your listeners who did donate last time but said, hey, my parents are states away, and we're like, hey, no problem, we'll make a video for you.
Speaker 10: Oh cool, and so.
Speaker 4: Yes, so there were willing if we have parents on other coasts or miles away.
Speaker 10: I mean, hey, they'll fly. Macy was so funny.
Speaker 4: She's like, hey, I'll fly there if we need to, and we laughed and they said, no, just can we make a video. So we are we can't make videos. Is that easier to get off to them? But they're so gracious and we're so excited that their heart is in the right place and that they're partnering with us as far as we can see.
Speaker 10: So that's what's really exciting to us.
Speaker 1: Well, again, your mission is consistent with their mission. So I just I think it's just lovely what they're doing. And wouldn't that be neat to get a YouTube or a little video of them. It's like getting a singing telegram. It's personalized to your loved one, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, hey, at the end of the day, that's what life's about, right. We need to be here for each other. And again, can't thank your listeners enough. Alert response technology it's simple. We are just trying to figure out the why and get there quicker and faster. But more importantly for the healthcare providers, I just my heart breaks when I think of a single healthcare provider, you know, tending to thirty patients from eleven a you know, PM till seven am in the morning by themselves with no help well and.
Speaker 1: Then well, and more fundamentally, how bad they have to feel. I'm sure it's like in some small respect. It's like a surgeon who loses the patient. You know that that impacts them absolutely personally. So you know, they they're running around trying to tend to all these folks and they find out when they walk into someone's room because the hour has come or the moment in the hour on the schedule has come when they're supposed to check on them, that that person has been wallowing in their own filth for the last ten hours. I mean, that's got to break their heart, like, damn it, how come I wasn't here sooner to help this person? Or you know, it could be a lot worse than that, like not answering the call light in a timely manner. That could have been something extremely serious.
Speaker 10: Yeah, or a lot of times the other way too.
Speaker 4: We've been recently dehydration is such an issue, and if somebody hasn't been changed or hasn't been wet in over five hours, that's a problem.
Speaker 10: I mean that right there tends to show, hey, we need.
Speaker 4: To push fluids because we're not getting any kind of moisture alert. We're not getting any kind of BM alert, and that could lead to something very bad, like a fecal impaction, which could require additional medical attention that cannot be so good. So you know, this alert response technology tells a story, a story that we've never ever been able to identify before because it's just been like protocol every two hours, which doesn't work. Go, you know, check on them and even if they're asleep in the middle of the night. This is another thing that's just been so incredible. You don't have to disturb somebodey and wake them up to change them, or stick your hand down the breeze to determine if it's wet or moistu or not. You can let them sleep because again you're comforted to know that alert response technology.
Speaker 8: Will tell you.
Speaker 10: The biling system will tell you if they are wet and need to be changed.
Speaker 8: If not, let them sleep well.
Speaker 1: And you just illustrated another fundamental beautiful thing behind this technology. The healthcare provider doesn't have to do that with this technology. The technology says whether it's wet down there or not.
Speaker 5: You know, not a hand yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Those that think of those mean patients that don't have a voice, that can't hit their call light, This bioling system has become their voice patty.
Speaker 1: It's been wonderful having in the program. It's always uplifting to know how much effect and impact you're having for the good, for these seniors and these facilities and heart. The number four Seniors dot org is where you'll find them. And again just check out you two for the Cunningham sisters. You'll be blown away. They are extremely talented coming to a loved one near you. If you make a contribution, Patty, keep up the great work. We'll talk again soon.
Speaker 10: All right, Thanks Brian, Thanks to all your listeners. We love you all so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that I love them too. They're good people out there. Seven fifty to fifty five krc DE Talk station. Also good people foreign exchange. Get your car fixed for less money than the dealer, buy the well and sometimes I'll buy a lot, you know. And the crews out there they know different ways, like sometimes you know, maybe fixing into the complete way. You know, start, oh, here's what we have to do. You got to go this, this, this and this, and if you get the OEM part, it's going to be this. And you're looking at a bill, it's pretty high, a lot higher if it's at the dealer Austin. The team out there they can get creative in ways of maybe getting through a repair job well that having to go the full freight. Maybe you're struggling financially a little bit at the time, you're like, no, I don't have four thousand dollars or whatever.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they have creative solutions get you through problems. And that's what it's all about. A foreign exchange saving you money for imported cars and teslas. They're the ones to talk to a SE certified Master technicians. They know how to work on your car. They have access to your manufacturers technical information, software updates and all that and less money full warrant you on parts and service. You know you're gonna get it done right. Give them a call Westchester location phone number. That's when I go to Tylersville Road right off seventy five two streets East five one three six four four twenty six twenty six at the KINGLND Drive five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Foreign X. That's foreign the letter X dot.
Speaker 5: Com fifty five KRC dot com what.
Speaker 1: It is seven fifty five If you've got ksit detalk station used up all the time with hearts for seniors dot org. Great, folks, they are absolutely great. And again YouTube the Cunningham sisters and and they'll actually come to your licensing or come over to their mom's place as the case may be. Mom, if you're out there listening, I didn't bring that up. We will have to make an arrangement for a time when you are available to have them stop by the house. And I assure you you will be looking. You should be looking forward to that. It's truly a treat, folks. Get overd of fifty five carecy dot com for podcasts and you can't listen a live I cannot emphasize enough if you didn't get a chance to hear Todd Zenzer if you want to know about shenanigans and what's going on with the City of Cincinnati citizen watchdog Todd Zenzer, and follow his podcast as well. Man's always hard at work looking out for the best interest of the residents of the city of Cincinnati. And I just was aghast at what he disclosed yesterday. So check that out along with all the other podcasts and information. Opportunity to get a book right off the top of the our news Josh McCaughey.
Speaker 9: He is a.
Speaker 1: Former Air Force Colonel. He's going to be sharing the information about his book, be The Weight Behind the Spear, which is now out in paperback. We'll also hear from Sherry Poland the next hour, and we'll learn about the Kidney Walk with living donor and Kidney Walk Committee metter member Brett Meadows and metals Rather, he's going to be on at eight thirty. I hope you can stick.
Speaker 5: Around covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 2: Every day America's deadline is over.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by it to your number.
Speaker 5: One preset for instant access to the information that affects you.
Speaker 1: Always on fifty five KRC the Talk Station. A six Here at fifty five KR ceed Talkstation, A very happy Friday to you. We're learning about the Kidney Walk. In the bottom of the hour. Brett me Metas is going to join us, so he's a actual living kidney donor and Kidney Walk Committee member. Cherry Pollman from the Board of Election on the need for poll workers, a conversation we have every election cycle, and a welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. My next guest, excuse me, author of the be the weight behind the spear. He is an Air Force colonel combat physician. Josh McConkie, author of the award winning best selling book We're Talking About This Morning. His multitay service includes providing critical medical support in both wartime and peace time operations, more than three hundred and forty hours as a flight surge in ninety combat hours in rotor wing medical evacuation and aerossoult missions in the Middle East. He's an Air Medal and Army Commendation Medal recipient for exemplary service during the Operation Iraqi Freedom. Josh, it is great to have you back on the fifty five KC Morning Show. Thank you sir, Happy Friday. Right back at you, brother, and for whatever reason you popped up in my head, because this book is about equipping future leaders with essential skills and the importance of us sharing our all of our learned experience and our collective knowledge with the younger people, the next generation to make them productive and essential, critical members of our nation. And as you emphasized this, which is critical for national security. We had a brilliant man on every week on this program named Jack add And who's a former anchor, and he's an author, and he was a lawyer and he's a historian, but he to talk about HG. Wells, who was a big fan of socialism. We all know that the failures of socialism, and I think one of the reasons it fails is because it does not encourage work. There is no reward for what you do when you participate. But also it made me think about and comment on we are the ones responsible for our elected officials, and elected officials don't always have the most altruistic motives in their minds. They think more about themselves, tend to be malignant narcissists, and end up not helping society at large, but only using the job as a springboard for their own personal benefit. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I agree with that completely. I ran a congressional race last year. I was outspent by twelve million dollars. Yees kind of learned that money less in the hard way.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, of course, as you show in this book, and you're the type of person we need in that leadership capacity, you're not driven by self motivation, You're driven by this shared experience. Is this idea of using what you learned as a combat surgeon and in your business life to help others out and equip these future leaders with these essential skills. What are we missing in society here? What's your biggest concern for the future of America? Josh Boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I go to work every day as an emergency doctor and I see the anxiety, depression, the suicide, and this younger population. We have so much work to do. And then as a military commander, I deal with them at eighteen to twenty five years old. They're joining the military, they have good intentions, and they just they lack the resiliency skills, They lack the ability to adapt, the communication skills. This is just a generation that we shut them out of so during critical time and their development, we shut them out of school, we shut them out of church, and they already had communication issues to begin with, you know, because this is the whole social media generation. They never known a world without that, and so now more than ever, it is important to get out there and contribute in your community, like face to face, get out there and coach, get out there and volunteer, get involved in your church. You know, work with some animals. You know, those are emotional support animals with these animal shelters. So there's so many ways that you contribute. The government is not going to save us. It has to be you get out there.
Speaker 1: Do you see? And I have to assume you're going to agree with me on this one. But I've observed over the years, and I've talked to so many people in various capacities, from doctors to politicians, to authors and psychiatrists, psychologists, law enforcement officers, the breakdown of the family unit. This whole idea that children are being born and without a solid foundation's family structure. You know, young people especially, I think boys being brought up in households without a father in them. Did you see any of that or do you see any of that with the recruits in the American military or most of them come from stable, traditional families.
Speaker 9: You know, they're certainly coming from all walks of life. I think it's a very safe assumption that the large portion of some mental health issues and then you look at you know, crime, and they do tend to come from households without that type of support. You know, just sitting down at the dinner table with your family means everything. Everyone is so busy, regardless of how many parents are in the household, finding that time you can get that support, But you have to make time. Just sit down at the dinner table, talk about today, what went well, what didn't go well? You know, hopefully they're making some mistakes they can learn from, and then we can talk about what different choices could have been made to have a different outcome for those for those decisions. But the further we get away from that, I think you'll find a large portion of that. Think of the crime and well, you see a lot of these shooters. How many of these shooters actually have a stable household with the two parents, right? I think if you do some background, you're going to find most of them do not.
Speaker 1: Most of them do not, And you see that with the crime in the streets at night. You know, I don't know what kind of structure you grew up in, a doctor, Colonel Maconkey, but you know I had to be at home by a curfew. My parents implemented a curfew. And damn it, if you weren't home or did not call them for an extension, you're in a world of hot water hurt. We have you know, young people running around running amuck in the city of Cincinnati can maybe acts of vandalism and crime and congregating in the streets and scaring the living hell out of the folks that just want to go down and have a nice evening out. You know, I always hear about that, and I think what is going on at home that they can even get away with that.
Speaker 9: You know, I used to my dad was very strict. I came from a family of five kids, and boy, I thought I had it bad grown up right in the older I get, the more I relate to that, mynd goodness, I was so fortunate to have that discipline, and I wouldn't be anywhere right now without that. So I was very blessed.
Speaker 1: Well, considering you're still involved in the American military, commander of the what four fifty ninth Aeromedical Staging Squadron, have you seen the uptick in recruits? And you know, as a corollary to that, if there's some parents out there with, you know, young people that are getting to be of military service age, put in a plug in and and tell tell my listeners why you would recommend that as a good choice for their young people.
Speaker 9: Boy, so ten years ago we had right around a third of Americans aged eighteen to twenty four. We're eligible just medically and physically deserving the military. It is now down to like less than twenty three percent, oh jeez, and lesson yeah, and less than zero point four percent of the population, the overall American population. So your country needs you. You can be part of a team, something bigger than yourself. We started to see a huge increase in recruiting in December of last year, just with the policy changes. Thank goodness, seventy six million Americans got together and decided to move things in a different direction, which I was very happy with. You can take pride in your service. We're heading in the right direction, we have the right support, and then you can be part of something bigger than yourself. So America needs you.
Speaker 1: And that seems to me to be the answer to this lack of socialization. That children are stuck in front of their devices all day long. They have no apparent desire to interact with their fellow human beings. Isolationism. You know, kids aren't getting married and have no desire to have marriage or children anymore. But being part of that group, being a critical element of a team, and having others rely upon you as much as you're relying upon them, that has got to be so I mean, just life changing for the good.
Speaker 9: That lack of connection has everything to do with the mental health crisis that we're having now. People need that we have to get back to that. And I know I take a lot of pride in my service. It's been twenty four years now, and it's the thing that I'm most proud of professionally, of my family, my three children and my wife. What I'm most proud of personally and then professionally it's my military service.
Speaker 1: Well, since you're the author of the book we're talking about, well, we haven't really talked directly about the book. Be the Weight behind the Sphere. Explain sort of a thumbnail sketch of what the book is about and the audience you directed the book toward.
Speaker 9: So be the Weight behind the Sphere. That's my personal leadership ethos. I've been very blessed in my military career. I've worked with some special operations, combat search and rescue, with medical director for PJS. So that's the tip of the spear. These are the men kicking down doors, taking down ben Laden, rescuing the children in those Taie cave systems in twenty eighteen. I'm a doctor. I don't take lives, I save lives. I can't be the tip of the spear, but I can be the weight behind that sphere. And that's what our best resource is in this country. It's people, it's teachers, it's coaches, it's volunteers and families. Every special operator, those heroes have those in their lives. That's the weight behind their spear. That's where America, that's what sets us apart is a country. So I need people to engage their communities, volunteer, coach, be a mentor. That is what's going to help this generation make us stronger as a nation, and that is our national security.
Speaker 1: And so your book is really like a motivational book to get people who are maybe disconnected or not sharing their knowledge base with others to actually get out there and do something about it.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, this is my prescription to the problem, and I've been very blessed. It's done quite well and was nominated for Pure Surprised Well next month.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh congratulations on that. Well, you just sold yourself a few more copies. Is based upon that nomination alone, notwithstanding the message that you'd bring here. Now, would you also recommend it for perhaps young adults as well?
Speaker 9: That was initially who I wrote it for. So the whole first session of the book is just the leadership accountabody taking, ownership, you know, decision making, those basics that I see lacking in our current younger military and children that are coming to my emergency departments, they're clearly lacking those skills, and I'm hoping this is a great way for them to learn. Got some great stories in there from the er and some combat experiences, and I hope those help some other people.
Speaker 1: And it looks like it had so far well apparently so very well received, obviously with the pure Pulitzer Prize nomination. Doctor uh, doctor colonel or colonel doctor. I think I joked with you last time you're on about that order of importance. My listeners will decide. Josh McConkie, author, A weight, be the weight behind the spear. Your book is hooked up to my blog and web page at fifty five krs dot com. My producer edited, so it's easy for my listeners to get a copy. What's all i'mcourage them to do, and it's now in paperback form as well. I can't thank you enough for what you are doing with by Biden, but what you've done with writing the book, your service to our country and your continued service through your motivational efforts, and let's hope some people will buy the book and maybe share it with their friends once they get motivated to do to help out as well.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much. I appreciate the opportunity to be on the show.
Speaker 1: It's been a real pleasure. I'll keep my fingers crossed on the awards or well deserved, doctor McConkie. It's been a pleasure. It's eight eighteen here fifty five kr C DE talk station. It's also a pleasure to recommend to you Bud Herbert Motors. They're going to take great care of you. Folks at Bud Herbert Motors are so proud of well Bud Herbert. It's I guess great grandfather this juncture. They're five generations family own operaated business. But excuse me. Ud Hebert's motto was the most expensive tool you will buy is a cheap one. That's because it will break, it will conk out, and you'll end up having to go through the process again, kind of like that stupid thing that I did, which was go to the box store to get a well a replacement for my push mower, Yes powered mower. And when I went with Bud Herbert Motors, I ended up and I elected to go with the commercial grade Honda of Howard push mower. And I loved when the Herberts, I can't remember if it was Jim or John Herbert I was working with. You'll work with one of the Herberts too, because it's a Herbert family run operation. Said you know, this is the last mower you'll ever.
Speaker 3: Have to buy.
Speaker 1: That's how well it's built. That's what Bud Herbert motor sells. Only the finest, world class brands that carry John dear x Mark Steel, Honda power equipment. You can get the entire line of products at Budheerbertmotors dot com. Delivered to my door, which was awesome. They service what they sell, which is awesome. By the way, Herbert family, if you're out there, you're going to be getting a call for me about service in the mower's needs a sharpening and an oil change. But don't you're just not going to be working with professionals. When you go to the big box stores. That guy in the aisle does not know what he's talking about. Can't recommend the finest equipment because they don't sell the finest equipment. You're in great hands with Bud Herbert Motors, so check them out online Bud Herbert Motors dot com and make the phone call. You'd be glad you did, like I was five one three five four one thirty two ninety one five one three five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC the talk station at you line the prevailing opinion.
Speaker 1: Here it is your Channel nine first warning weather forecast. Isolated showers of the storms possible the first part of the day and then later of this afternoon showers of storms as well as downpours all predicted as likely seventy two to the high to day down to fifty three overnight. They're goin to move out. We get partly fotty skys tomorrow, sunshine late in the day though sixty five for the high, down to forty three overnight and mostly sunny sun day and a high have seventy sixty four degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic update.
Speaker 6: Chuck from you see how Traffic Center and you see Health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you See help dot com southbound seventy five and an extra five now in and out of Walkland southbound seventy one. Those just a bit approaching Fifer northbound four to seventy one. It's those just a bit coming across the bridge right side, chucking from one fifty five kr.
Speaker 1: See the talk station. It's a twenty three and a happy Friday to you. If five care, see dot com for podcasts and get a copy of the book. Not only encourage that real motivational man, that man. Uh, I'm gonna be here at the Kidney Foundations Kidney Walk twenty twenty five. That'll be up next with my guest Brett Matters, who donated a kidney living don't And that's really something the gift of life. I mean, and I hope you at leased an organ donor. I mean, you just need to sign up to be an organ donor. And no, they're not going to let you die to harvest your organs. I've heard people make that suggestion before, and I I have far more, far more confidence of medical professionals than the ghoulish reality that they would. You know, if you're if you're able to be saved, that they would let you die just so they can get your organs. But the gift of life can be given, and if you are an organ donor, you may very well save a life. You don't need it anymore after you die. So like to make that point. And we're also gonna hear from Sherry Poland early votings in Corey Bowma was in the program early today. Let's make a statement to have to have Purvall in city council. Let's get Corey to be the leading vote getter in the primary. It's the top two vote getters are in advanced to November in the election, most notably for mayor here. And I think Corey is going to do a great job. But after the insult to the residents of Hyde Park that was handed down by city Council the other day, and the insult to every neighborhood in the city of Cincinnati with the collective Communities mandate being heaped down upon them in spite of what your local neighborhood and community might have wanted, maybe it's time for a change. Maybe I would say definitely, And what a statement it would be if Corey Bowman was the leading vote getter and he out he got more votes than aftab perval. Wouldn't that be a cool thing? Corey Bowman dot com He's really a quality human being and he does care about the city, and he cares about well the residents of the city, unlike well those who care more about well connected developers. Going back to Todd Zenzer, check out that podcast at fifty five cares he dot Com from yesterday. It's a twenty five Right now, we're gonna hear about the kidney Walk twenty twenty five next. But first I want to recommend you get in touch with John Ryan, who is Prestige Interiors. They are one of the same. Prestige Interiors is the name of the company. John Ryan is the man to be working with for your kitchen remodeling project. He has done all kinds of kitchens over the past thirty five years, almost exclusively kitchens, and he did our kitchen. I like to point out we love what he was able to accomplish with our kitchen, but we gutted the whole thing and started from scratch. You don't have to go that far if you just want to do cabinets, and countertops. He's a good man to call for that as well. He's right there with you from a initial design to final installation. Really easy to talk to. He's a sweet guy. He's got wonderful ideas. He's seen some really bad kitchens over the years, and he's seen some really poor design over the years, not from him, but he knows how to get around those challenges. Maybe completely transform your kitchen into something that doesn't look anything like what you've got right now. That's certainly capable. But given all his experience, he's the right man to work with. I can encourage it enough. Aplus with a better business peer that's well deserved. To see some of the work he's done, not all of it, but some of the before and after pictures. Check out the web page learn more about John and what he can do for you. Prestige one two to three dot com Rusties one two three dot com. Please give them my regards when you give them a call. Five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: It is your channel nine first warning weather forecast. Isolated showers, a storm as possible the first part of the day and the later of this afternoon. Showers and storms as well as downpours all predicted as likely. Seventy two the high to day, down to fifty three over night. They're gonna move out. We get partly fatty skies tomorrow, sunshine late in the day though, sixty five for the high, down to forty three overnight, and a mostly sunny Sunday and a high of seventy sixty four degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update. Chuck me.
Speaker 6: You see how traffic center and you see health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehelp dot com Step ten seventy five A an extra five now in and out of on southbound seventy one. Those just a bit approaching Feiffer northbound four seventy one. It's those just a bit coming across the bridge right side, chucking verm month fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station. It's a twenty three and a happy Friday to you. If I've cares dot com podcasts and get a copy of the book not only encourage that real motivational man that man. Uh. I'm gonna be here at the Kidney Foundations Kidney Walk twenty twenty five. That'll be up next with my guest Brett Matters, who donated a kidney living donor. And that's really something. The gift of life I mean, and I hope you released an organ donor. I mean, you just need to sign up to be an organ donor. And no, they're not going to let you die to harvest your organs. I've heard people make that suggestion before, and I have far more, far more confidence and medical professionals than the ghoulish reality that they would, you know, if you're able to be saved, that they would let you die just so they can get your organs. But the gift of life can be given, and if you are an organ downer, you may very well save a life. You don't need it anymore after you die. She like to make that point. And we're also gonna hear from Sherry Poland early votings in Corey Bowma was in the program early today. Let's make a statement to have to have Purvall in city council. Let's get Corey to be the leading vote getter in the primary. It's the top two vote getters are in advanced to November in the election, most notably for mayor here. And I think Corey is going to do a great job. But after the insult to the residents of Hyde Park that was handed down by city Council the other day, and the insult to every neighborhood in the city of Cincinnati with the Collected Communities mandate being heaped down upon them in spite of what your local neighborhood and community might have wanted, maybe it's time for a change. Maybe, I would say definitely. And what a statement it would be if Corey Bowman was the leading vote getter and out he got more votes than aftab perval. Wouldn't that be a cool thing? Coreybowman dot com he's really a quality human being and he does care about the city, and he cares about well the residents of the city, unlike well those who care more about well connected developers. Going back to Todd Zenzer, check out that podcast at fifty five cares he dot Com from yesterday. It's a twenty five. Right now we're gonna hear about the kid and he walk twenty twenty five. Next, but first I want to recommend you get in touch with John Ryan, who is Prestige Interiors. They are one of the same. Prestige Interiors is the name of the company. John Ryan is the man you'd be working with for your kitchen remodeling project. He has done all kinds of kitchens over the past thirty five years, almost exclusively kitchens, and he did our kitchens. I like to point out we love what he was able to accomplish with our kitchen, but we got it the whole thing and started from scratch. You don't have to go that far if you just want to do cabinets and countertops. He's a good man to call for that as well. He's right there with you from a initial design to final installation. Really easy to talk to. He's a sweet guy. He's got wonderful ideas. He's seen some really bad kitchens over the years, and he's seen some really poor design over the years, not from him, but he knows how to get around those challenges. Maybe completely transform your kitchen into something that doesn't look anything like what you've got right now. That's certainly capable. But given all his experience. He's the right man to work with. I can encourage it enough. A plus with a better business fewer that's well deserved. To see some of the work he's done, not all of it, but some of the before and after pictures. Check out the web page learn more about John and what he can do for you. Prestige one two three dot com. Prestige one two three dot com. Please give him my regards when you give him a call. Five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Ten and nine.
Speaker 1: Weather forecast, Sex and rain today. Isolated showers and storms possible this morning, and they're likely later this afternoon at some point. Showers and storms along with downpours all likely. Seventy two to high today overnight low of fifty three. Rain will stop. We'll have a high of sixty five tomorrow with fotty skies in the morning and sunsky sunny skies later in the day UH forty three overnight and on Sunday look forward to it's mostly sunny, very pleasant high of seventy sixty five degrees. Right now for the five k SECAUK station. Let's get an update on traffic from the uc UP Tramphing Center.
Speaker 6: You see health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personalid, makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcome. So expect more at you sehelp dot com. SEP found seventy five crews are working with an accident. It's on the right shoulder at the Reagan Highway. So with that being on the shoulder, tramping's getting better through the lock one split northbound seventy five. That's it's just a bit between Mitchell and the water. Chuck Ingbradmon, fifty five KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: It's coming to an eighty forty two fifty five KRCD talk station. It's time for early voting and it's also time to do the the regular shout out for the need of poll workers. Sherry Polland from the Hamil County Board of Elections, welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. It's always nice having you on.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Brian, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Has there ever been a year I mean we have you know, like early elections, we've got the fall elections. We have on your elections. We have off your elections. Has there ever been a year that you can remember where you didn't need poll workers?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, We always put the call out for poll workers. You know, Presidential elections are are actually the easiest election to recruit poll workers because there's such a high interest in the election. But even then, you know, we recruit over and above what we need because the turnout is so high and we know things can happen and people might might drop at the last minute, So we're always putting out the shout out for poll workers.
Speaker 1: Well, in an off cycle election, that maybe a better time if you've never worked the polls, because the pressure's off. There aren't people lined around the corner to come in and vote, so not as much work to do. And I know it's always a really nice experience. My wife did it for years and years and years, and everyone gets along and plays nicely and you know, resolve problems and it's I think it's just a rewarding way to serve the community.
Speaker 11: Oh I you know, one thousand percent agree. You know, it's a great way to serve your community and to find out a little bit more about how elections are administered. You know that's been a hot topic in recent years across their country, and I think, you know, what a better way to learn how it works than to actually be a part of it. So it's a great experience. They poll workers are paid for their time. They make a minimum of two hundred and twenty five dollars, you know, so it's a nice little a nice little paycheck for sur in your community.
Speaker 8: Now that's the total amount of pay. They do have to come for training at our Board of Elections.
Speaker 11: We offer those classes, you know, mornings, afternoons, evenings and saturdays, so don't fit anyone's schedules. So they do have to attend in person training and then they go to their assigned polling place the night before election day Monday night, and set up and then work election day. And for all of that work they're paid two hundred and twenty five dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's I think it's more about the experience. I guess, you know, it would be a great idea because you know, as a lot of folks, you know, sometimes in my listening audience and generally in the public, they have very little faith in the the election integrity. But I think if you serve as a poll worker, it might go a long way to prove that perhaps you're wrong.
Speaker 11: Along those lines, yes, that's what I was mentioning before. You know, it's a great way to find out, you know, how elections work, and the poll workers play such a crucial role. You know, we have a staff here at the Board of Elections, you know, if forty four full time employees and then we hire seasonal employees and they really get you know, an inside look at it. But we're not the faces of the board, you know, to the general public. It's the poll workers that are. You know, the ones that are out in the community administering the election are actually the faces of the Board of Elections to the community.
Speaker 8: And so you know, we need good people to come out and fill those roles.
Speaker 1: Well. Along those lines, I want to thank you and the folks at the Hamilton County Board of Elections. I've voted early there and I vote an election day. You guys do a great job. It is a well oiled machine. I mean there have been days when it was I think on the last presidential election, we did early voting and you know there's that line out the door and you get you roll your eyes like Oh my god, I'm gonna be standing here all day long. No, you move right through, You process the folks very quickly. It's efficient, and you know, it's serviced with a smile. So I salute the work that you're doing there.
Speaker 8: Oh, thank you. I appreciate j though.
Speaker 11: You know, there's a lot of hard work that goes in, you know, to set up that early vote center and make sure that it's running, you know, efficiently and securely, and our team works really hard on doing that. You know, we do mock elections where we have our staff go and vote test ballots because we really want to test the system, test our processes, and.
Speaker 8: Like you said, voting with a smile.
Speaker 11: You know, we believe that if voters have a good experience while casting their ballot, that they're more likely to believe in the outcome and in the integrity of the election.
Speaker 8: So we work really hard at that. So thank you for recognizing.
Speaker 1: It just shows and that's why I wanted to make sure I did thank you for that that excellent service. Now we do have the special election primary election May sixth, uh and early voting is going on. Now, what's your finger on the pulse of the of the number of people voting, is it normal? Is it low? Is it as expected because a lot of people don't vote in these in these primary and special elections.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it's low.
Speaker 11: It's been a low turnout so far, that is to be expected. Something that's a little different about this spring election is that there is a state wide issue on the ballot issue too, So yeah, issue too. So every voter in the state of Ohio has something to vote for, something to vote on this election.
Speaker 8: So that's a little that's a little different.
Speaker 11: You know, a lot of times in odd numbered years in this spring, it's usually not even a county wide election, right, it's usually just a few political subdivisions having an election. But this may everyone has something to vote on with state issue too, So we encourage people to to you know, to go on to our website vote Hamilton County, Ohio dot GUV. They can take a look at their sample ballot, you know, read over the ballot issue before going into vote, so so they can become an informed voter. And then there's also a few other jurisdictions that have some other contests on the ballot. I think what we've heard a lot about is the city of Cincinnati and having a primary, Yeah, election for mayor.
Speaker 8: City of Cincinnati holds their primaries. It's a little different.
Speaker 11: Usually when we think of a primary, we think of political parties that are nominating their candidates to appear on the November ballot.
Speaker 8: But the city does things a little differently.
Speaker 11: They it's called a non partisan primary, so the candidates do not have party affiliation next to their name.
Speaker 8: There's not a different ballot for the political parties.
Speaker 11: Every voter in the City of Cincinnati has just one ballot and it has both the mayor's contest as well as that.
Speaker 8: State issue too.
Speaker 11: And what triggered the primary election in Cincinnati is that more than two candidates filed to run, and so we had three candidates file for mayor.
Speaker 8: That's what triggers the primary election.
Speaker 11: The top two voteuters in the primary then move on and we'll face each other to be elected in the November general.
Speaker 1: Well, you boiled that down quite nicely, Sherry. Polling from the Hamil County Board of Elections Vote Hamiltoncountyohio dot govz the website check out all the information and again, Sherry on half all my listeners, thanks for the great work you're doing. And I will encourage my listeners to sign up to be a poll worker. It could certainly use your help. Cherry, thanks very much for spending time with me and my listeners in me today.
Speaker 11: Thanks thank you for having me get the message about out about the election as well as the need for poll workers.
Speaker 8: Always appreciated.
Speaker 1: I'm always here to help you out. I really am sharing if you a poll worker. Thanks Cherry, we'll talk again soon. It's eight forty nine fifty five k see the talk station fifty five KRC.