Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly. We are live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app. And some breaking news, some unfortunate breaking news. I was just informed by Mark Ronner and the KFI twenty four hour Newsroom that actor Val Kilmer, star of Batman Forever and co star obviously of Maverick Top Gun, has died at the age of sixty five. No other information has been given, but we do know that his health has been precarious for the past number of years. So if you just tuning in, actor Val Kilmer has passed at the age of sixty five. KFI twenty four hour Newsroom will be on it. As more information comes in, we will have it in our subsequent reports. Nick Poliokinny, I'm sorry to have this segment with that. We got that news during the break in.
Speaker 3: Which is fine, and I think that that's something that definitely want to make sure that we share, especially with and as MARKO cover more. But like fighting with cancer and everything else. So there's a lot of details for that, and so yeah, that's too bad, but hey, go no please, So.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things where whenever these figures do pass, invariably they take a piece of us with them because we associate. I would think it's fair to say we associate fond memories, specific moments in our.
Speaker 3: Life very much with them, right, I mean when and with special especially with Val. I mean even to the point of with Top Gun Maverick most recently in the past and having his role and how we participated in that for the you know, the reboot all of the weight, well not reboot, but the sequel how many years later, so.
Speaker 4: And we talked about this. Sorry to interrupt you, so please.
Speaker 2: That's why it's really important to do these I'll say se separated sequels, correct, as soon as possible. You can talk about Coming to America with James Earl Joes. You can talk about now Top Gun Maverick with Val Kimer, and you know the subtext was his care was dying, Ice man was dying exactly and did you have this moment where you have life imitating art.
Speaker 4: That's why I.
Speaker 2: Am all for these sequels as soon as you can. Where you had Taggart die from Beverly Hills Cop four, right, you know.
Speaker 3: No, And I think that's a very good point, just because and and all the things that Val had done throughout the years have been really because, I mean, he had covered so much ground, I guess, you know, from the action films to some more dramatic roles and everything else, like there's a lot. So yeah, and so that's a big loss, especially after him battling with cancer for so long.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be a hard turn, yes, but Nick, I know it's going to be a turn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna do this, and we're gonna do it relatively quickly. You and I and Tuala and Mark and Steffus. I had a rough day, and I think that this is something that's relatable. I'm hoping to everybody that's tuning in, whether you're listening to us in your car or on the podcast during from the iHeartRadio app or however. But I had a friend today who needed to have a medical procedure done. And she lives in North Hollywood and I live in Long Beach, so I already knew what I was getting into with this whole process. But it took me two hours to get from Long Beach to her this morning, leaving a Long Beach at six am, five forty five six am, and then it took another ninety minutes to get from North Hollywood to Santa Monica. That's normal. I did traffic here on KFI for years. I knew all the ins and outs. I knew how to get around it. That's not the problem. The problem is when I got to her medical procedure, not cosmetic, not voluntary, a matter of life and death. Took her to the medical facility in Santa Monica, forty five dollars to pay to park at the facility.
Speaker 4: I'm there.
Speaker 3: It's not a cosmetic thing, it's not a voluntary thing. It's not any of that stuff. And I understand this is something that we all encounter here. And I know it sounds really silly and a little bit petty or whatever. But as I'm taking a friend who has been experiencing a lot of medical issues as of lates, and I'm rolling in there and they're like, that'll be forty five dollars when I go into the structure, and I'm like, forty five dollars is this valet only?
Speaker 4: What's the situation? It's not funny, but it's funny, but no true. But here's the funny.
Speaker 3: Nope, to give you that, but it's one of those older buildings that has the tandem parking, so it is not valet. But I still had to turn in my keys because I had to park in front of someone else.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it was a wild day for me today.
Speaker 3: I know this sounds a little bit ridiculous and out of left field, but I have just such a massive amount of frustration. I mean, beyond the tax increases that we've talked about here on SPI and everything else.
Speaker 4: This is nuts. Did you runor somebody? Oh, let me tell you you double here.
Speaker 3: That's why we talked about this at the top of the show, and when I saw you and we talked before the show, I was still coming off of that intense energy from it, and I I can only imagine because here it is something. And again, like I said to everybody that I've talked to, if it were cosmetic surgery, if it were voluntary, okay, fine, you've got coin to drop on it. This is a specifically medically necessary activity. And I'm taking her and I want to get her as close to the door as possible to get her in and also coming out to make sure that everything is set because of course I was there for three or four hours. So it was like do I just walk to the nearest coffee shop or do I get back in the car and move the car anyway? It was wild to me. And this is something that is a huge problem here in southern California period. And I only say that because for me, I have Kaiser as an HMO. So do I so? And maybe you've experienced this. I don't have to pay for parking. For parking in La County, Orange County, Riverside, San Renandino, San Diego, all of those I've been to regularly. Kaiser does not have you pay yet. And I'm not calling this out. You can at me if you want. That's your own business. You know, well, I'll see you on X or I'll see you on Instagram. Whatever you want. You can at me or slide in my DMS. But taking a couple of hospitals I will not name their names, but in South Orange County, where I've had to also take my mother and my father to the emergency room and pay thirty dollars to take them into the hospital, I've never experienced that, and that is insane time with Kaiser, correct, Kaiser does it, and I know that You can at me and say I have X, Y and Z issues with Kaiser as an organization, or I've had whatever service, but I've never had anything like this. And I have gone to two major facilities in Orange County specifically, which has plenty of room for parking. We're not talking about Santa Monica. Makes sense, it's an impacted area that has always had a challenge. But this is something that I was talking about with Stafush earlier, is that in Long Beach, not related to medical issues in downtown, there are some beautiful high rises that have no parking for their residents because at some point, and I can't remember, sometime in the last decade to twelve years Ish Ballpark there was something that was passed in Long Beach to encourage development that they did not have to Originally, thirty forty years.
Speaker 4: Ago, they weren't required to have the requisite parking. That's exactly.
Speaker 3: So thirty four eight years ago it was one parking space per room. That was always what it was in La County. So just talking about La County, I can give you more specific on Orange County whatever, but we're running out of time. What the problem is here? I can't even go visit my friends in downtown Long Beach because there is no parking, no none, So.
Speaker 4: We have this most wild amount of impaction.
Speaker 3: I will deal with a headache one hundred percent when I want to go visit my friends in downtown Long Beach, because that's a pleasure activity. But when I have to drive drop forty five dollars to take a friend to a medical situation that's necessary, I am just beyond.
Speaker 2: I think about it differently. I think about my twenty something year old self. Sure, let's say I had I don't know, urgent care, and I need to get some sort of care and I'm paying at least a fifty dollars copay. Yeah, so I'm ninety five dollars in before anyone even sees me.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and that's it, because this is build that forty five dollars into my Copey, build that forty five dollars into my deductible.
Speaker 4: Whatever the situation is.
Speaker 3: But I just implored, and it was one of those scenarios where everyone was lovely at the facility, but it was just literally, when I'm sitting there and I'm focusing on I've just been in traffic for three and a half hours, that point one way, correct, we won't even talk about I had to drop her back in North Hollywood, yeah, and then come here, So that's a whole different three hours. Anyway, I it's frustrated, like I don't I don't even have a I usually have a really good, clean way to but I'm still heated over this.
Speaker 4: No, this is you say, what's up with Nick?
Speaker 2: We talk about the Southland and our lives within the south Land. I think most people can't identify with that frustration. I know I can, and as someone who is also with Kaiser, I know what that frustration would be like. Now again, Kaiser is not the best, sure sure, but I will say this, the Kaiser of twenty twenty five is nothing like the Kaiser of nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: Absolutely right there with you.
Speaker 3: So anyway, this is the hardest part for me to be that person on KF. Either goes do better, do better, you can do better. There are other opportunities.
Speaker 2: But this is a microphone and another phone, I understand, use it accordingly.
Speaker 4: Someone is listening, Yes, so.
Speaker 3: Please, especially in this realm of trying to provide care in a very challenging year and in a uniquely different world than like you said nineteen ninety five as opposed to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Please do better. Okay, we get ready to go to break.
Speaker 2: We got to go to break, but you gotta tell us who it is so we can add them.
Speaker 3: Oh who yeah, the Orange County one, yeah, or the oh the Orange County one. Really, why wouldn't we? Okay, we tell the truth here, Mission Hospital and Hogue. Those are the two major major organizations in Orange County. You've been called out that you have to pay and that's wild to me. And then this one is a building that has ten different facilities in Santa Monica, not related to Hogue or Mission, but this was the imaging institute that I was at, specifically for my friend who had a very serious procedure that had to be dealt with, and I'm trying to figure out how to get her in there and up as I'm trying to also pull my wallet out to give forty five dollars to go park.
Speaker 4: Let's pick it up. On the other side, Nagaio Kenny joins us in the studio. What's up with Nick?
Speaker 2: It's later with mo Kelly k if I am six forty live everywhere in the I heeartradio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 5: What thanks?
Speaker 4: What if?
Speaker 2: I am six forty? It's Later with mo Kelly. What's up with Nick? Poliochinny? Part two?
Speaker 3: Nick take it away, so we'll go to a little bit more normal programming for this go round, as I got it all out of my system. Thank you for listening, and if you've missed what we covered last time about parking here in southern California, hit the podcast because it's got all the details. But I and you can see this on Instagram. Nick pouliy o'kaneo this week, I'm with Nick. I am not the biggest Star Wars fan, and I know that's blasphemy on this show, but for me personally, it's just not one of those properties within the now Disney family that I'm a huge fan of, except we have now as of last week, entered season of The Force at the Disneyland Resort, which is a very very different experience this year. And that's why even talking to you and Tula before coming in, I want to encourage people to go, and I know that Disneyland is a pretty penny and I realized that I always talk about it. It is, but you have Star Wars Nights coming up, and even again, if you're not a big Star Wars fan like me, it's the best opportunity for you to get walk on times for all the attractions within Disneyland Park because Star Wars Night takes place there also right now, if you're a big fan, it's very odd because I know within Cannon, within Star Wars, Luke Skywalker is not supposed to be able to have access to Batu, which is Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland, because it's a different time in the story timeline within Star Wars. But he is there now with R two D two and it is And this is why you can tell that I don't know Star Wars. When he has his hand cut off, when is that which which Empire strikes back? Okay, so Empire strikes back. That's where they have injected him from Empire strikes Back.
Speaker 2: It was at that moment, because they've shown him later in the other movies with this, with this prosthetics.
Speaker 4: Somewhere in there.
Speaker 3: I will say that because the whole thing is Luke Skywalker is off planet, as is referred to at Batu Blackspier outposts, you can meet and greet with Luke Skywalker and with R two D two. What is cooler that I experienced this past weekend is a handful of things. In fact, I brought some toys that are actually available for you at the Disneyland resort right now, because during Season of the Forest it is not just Batu and Blackspire outposts, but it's also tomorrow Land, where you're able to go into and experience.
Speaker 4: The whole world if you will.
Speaker 3: Star tours and a special hyper Space Mountain overlay for Space Mountain, which is normally there. But I more so brought you toys to play with right now. So these two are very cool and I'm disappointed. Bos So these are called swizzlers. I don't know what you're mixing up with cocktail, because inside of Disneyland Park, unless you're going to Club thirty three or a couple of other places, you're not getting cocktails. But this is Luke's and it's a Swisser lights lights, and so think about it. It's about five inches four careful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: We're getting closer to the safe harbor, so we're fine, okay, But anyway, so you have Luke Skywalker Swizzler and Darth Vader's Swizzler.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: These are fantastic. There's so much fun and I can afford these. They're twelve dollars as opposed to trying to get the two hundred dollars or two fifty. Now, Lightsaber, you're gonna put those on this weekend with Nick christ Yes, they're actually already there. You can see them right now this weekend would Nick or Nick pollio'channy on Instagram. But really quick, before we go to break and talk about this a little bit more because I got some really cool things to talk about at Disneyland, I do want to show you this. So what this is is a popcorn bucket, which is a huge thing all over Disneyland. But what's even cooler this popcorn bucket is the death Star. But here's what I want to show you specifically, Wait, hold on, mo I'm gonna and this will be on Instagram here sooner than later this weekend with Nick and Nick Pouliochanni.
Speaker 4: But check out this. Does it explode?
Speaker 3: So it doesn't explode, there is no place to put that, But how sick is.
Speaker 2: That it lights up like it's getting ready to destroy a planet, right, you know?
Speaker 3: So, I but like this is the funny thing. Thirty five dollars popcorn does come in it, or French fries if you get it at Black to Grill. But anyway, the wild thing is the merchandising that has stepped up its game at Disneyland, which is something very very unique and it's something that I'll be talking about not tonight but here coming up soon because there's a brand new person that has joined the merchandising team for the Americas at the Walt Disney Company and this all kind of falls under that. But anyway, this is something I've never seen that's very sick. It has sound effects, it has a speaker, and it can serve you poppe is it Bluetooth?
Speaker 4: I wish?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? And then normally there's your popcorn. So this is maybe where the bomb goes.
Speaker 4: Or edits on this weekend with Nick right now on.
Speaker 3: Instagram, correct exactly, so you can check all this stuff out there. But I'm going to talk about Fire of the Rising Moons as well as Shadows of Memory, a Skywalker saga, both things coming up at bou two.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, let's do that on the other side. No, we'll do it if you're good with me stick.
Speaker 3: Around for the otherwise, otherwise I'll have to talk about on Instagram.
Speaker 2: You can't do it all right now? Right well, Mars look at me like, look, I got news. I need to impart to the world of the KFI.
Speaker 4: Right So anyway that's coming out. It's Later with Mo Kelly CAFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Go to at This Weekend with Nick so you can see exactly what we were talking about.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 5: Kelly six.
Speaker 4: Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Then, thank you for going to at This Weekend with Nick to check out all the cool items that Nick has been showing tonight.
Speaker 4: Nick, your social media's blowing up. It is.
Speaker 3: And thank you so much also for those of you who are already adding me, not only to show your frustration about the first time we were talking about the forty five dollars in hospital not having validation, but also thank you for all being so kind. My friend is fine, she's doing great. She's home resting. I've texted her right now. Actually she's already confirmed that she's good to go, so everything went well with the procedure.
Speaker 4: Thank you all very much. You're very very kind to check in one hundred percent that way.
Speaker 3: And if you want to at me or whatever Nick Poliochanne this week with Nick on Instagram or you can also do Nick Poliochanni on x or Twitter, so that's always open as well. And then I'm on threads for the same this weekend with Nick and this Nick Poliochanni, so you can always do that if you're more of the metaverse. Anyway, thank you for letting me push over into one more segment. I appreciate that greatly. The two things that he didn't get to talk about for Season of the Forest, which is underway now at the Disneyland resort, specifically at Disney Disneyland Park, are things that are happening on Bat two, which is Galaxy's Edge. So this is the new Land from a handful of years ago. We even talked about it here on Actually no, that was the old I think that was a weekend show when it came on, right, Yes, so we came on and I think even Amy King and I were there and we're talking to you about it. Specifically from opening day or opening weekend, but a lot has changed at a Galaxy's Edge and two things specifically that have now premiered. One had a soft opening and it was part of the fireworks display, so it's very interesting. So you actually have hypothetically two fireworks shows taking place at Disneyland at the same time, which is wild, not at Disneyland and Disney Californy Adventure, because Disney califn Adventure has a world of color. If you're not familiar, that's think of the Bolagio show that you've seen for years. But at Disneyland. If you are off off planet at Batu, which is how they've put it, you actually get to see fire of the Rising Moon's Fireworks b Tacular, which has a completely different soundtrack, has a completely different experience, voiceover and everything, yet it utilizes the exact same firework display that folks that are on Main Street USA are observing. I've never seen anything like this before. And you can also go to this recommend recommend Again, as we've covered, not the biggest Star Wars fan myself, I do love John Williams. I do love the score from all the films. It's all featured during this incredible experience on Bough two that's been there.
Speaker 4: They've been soft opening it.
Speaker 3: It's a big deal right now and that happens whenever the fireworks are happening. So, and I'm not kidding you, it is packed in Batu in Blackspire outposts with everyone with their lightsabers and everything.
Speaker 4: It's really a whole moment.
Speaker 3: And if you happen to be going to Star Wars ninth, which are coming up here this month and to May, this will also be taken over with Ray. So Ray will be leading the charge from Star Wars and she'll be there live person and being conducting an incredible meetup with all those you know Jedi nights from around the galaxies with their lightsabers. That's we're seeing if you're gonna go to to Star Wars night. But the thing that premiered this past well the twenty eight, so March twenty eight, this past weekend was Shadows of Memory, a Skywalker saga which happens multiple times a night. It's not related to the fireworks, but there's a specific AUDIONOMATRONICU droid that is brand new to this specific show. And what they have done is they've taken all the spires at Galaxy's Edge and it's now this amazing, incredible projection show, and it reminds you of watching Star Wars when you're seeing the holograms, or if you've been to Galaxy's Edge to Rise of the Resistance and you see Ray as a hologram. It's all on the spires, and I've never seen anything as immersive as this, to where it really is an opportunity for you to suspend belief, where you are genuinely off planet in a whole different galaxy. Galaxy's Edge has a whole new vibe and it's all related to the Skywalker saga, so you need to go check it out. I don't want to give away too much more than that. I mean, I've already kind of given you the overview of it, but it again also features that incredible score from all the films from John Williams, and it happens multiple times a night, so I think that's was even cooler. One of them is attached to the fireworks show, so you get to experience an incredible thing and then the fireworks go off. Other times it is happening Statin alone, but it's such an incredible thing, and you can see a little tease. I didn't want to give you all of it, but if you go to this weekend with Nick or Nick Pouli o'cinney on Instagram, you can see a little tease of both what the fireworks show that is fire the rising moons and then also what Shadows of Memory a Skywalker saga look like.
Speaker 4: It's incredible. I again not a Star Wars fan this time, man, take me with you.
Speaker 3: I will take you with me if you don't join me on social media.
Speaker 4: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: This is the hardest part because I want to take I wish let's manifest it. As they always say, Hey Disney, we would love to bring later with mo Kelly to the Disneyland Resort, especially because and again this is something you know, I love Disney and we'll be talking about it. But coming up on May sixteenth will be the beginning of the seventieth anniversary celebration at the Disneyland Resort, celebrating Disneyland parks specifically, but that also kicks off a worldwide celebration with all the theme parks around the country or around the world for the Walt Disney Company will all be having their own little pieces of the action for the seventieth of Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Can't wait. Nick polyo'channy very quickly let everyone know how they can follow you and your adventures.
Speaker 3: Again, Thank you, sir Nick Poliochanni. This Weekend with Nick. The easiest thing to do is go to This Weekend with Nick. You can check the Lincoln Bio. It has all the details where you can be able to purchase tickets for Disneyland. You can check out information of any of the things that we've talked about here on later with mo Kelly and even more because I'm doing stuff every day throughout the week and all over southern cal right and all over southern California following because I think that's the thing. And also I was gonna say, I think it was Mike Meyer who lives down in San Diego. Thanks for reaching out because you heard me talking last week about a couple of different things going on. So I mean I cover all of southern California. Also, the funniest part, and just real quick, the john Wick Experience is open in Las Vegas. I know we talked about that earlier in the show tonight, but the john Wick Experience, you will be seeing that for me very soon here. Also, Universal Studios FanFest is coming up. You can get details at this week with Nick or Nick Poliochini. And also coming up very soon this summer in Las Vegas will be the brand new Horror Unleashed, which is a year round Halloween and horror install at air exactly in Area fifteen, west side of the fifteen in Las Vegas. I will have all that and so much more especially here on Later in lo Kelly well happy anytime, Thank you, sir, I appreciate it all.
Speaker 1: Away you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI a M six forty