Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com. Today.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, this.
Speaker 1: Is Left Striving Yes, yes, I know aka Survivor Man, and you're listening to Brian on Sasquatch Outisen. Hey there, welcome back to Sasquatch Odds. Thank you so much for being with us for the show. It is Friday. I hope you're having a fantastic a week. We have an amazing guest line up for you. But as always, I want to start by inviting you. If you've had an encounter and you'd like to be on the show, shoot me an email you get me at Brian at Paranormberworldproductions dot com. Get head over to the website, check it out, become a member there and help support the show. I got to sit down and talk to Tasha from North Dakota, and it turns out she's had quite a few experiences with Bigfoot right here in my backyard in the Ure National Forest here in North Carolina. I'll let Tasha tell you all about that in just a second, really quickly, before we go any further. If you haven't already, please take time to rate and review the show wherever you're listening to the podcast, and we would love to have you be a part of all the conversations that happen on social media. If you don't already follow me on Instagram at Bigfoot BKS. You can also follow me on TikTok at Bigfoot bcs, and you can join the conversation over on Facebook in our Facebook group Bigfoot Encounters and Field Research. We would love to have you join that family over there as well. But enough of that. I know you guys are ready to get into it. Tasha's on the line, She's ready to go. All this left for you to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. One of our guests of the show, it is Tasha from North Dakota. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Let's get right into it. Let's talk about this big fit think what got you interested in the subject to begin with?
Speaker 2: I grew up in East Texas, born and raised. My dad was actually originally from Arkansas. I grew up hearing all kinds of stories from him. He had quite a few things that had happened to him growing up and everything. So as a young kid, I never really took part in it. I just thought, oh, there's spooky stories. The very first thing I remember ever happening that was very strange. I was probably about four years old. My dad used to take me and my brother and my uncle liked to go along. We like to go fishing. He'd put us on the back of this little tractor that he restored. We'd read on the wheel wells. We'd go across this little land bridge between this pond on the back part of our property. We rented a property from dairy farmer my dad worked for. We'd go down. There's a place called Black Creek Lake. A part of that lake actually fed into the back part of this property. So we'd all get on this trapper and we'd go down. We'd go fishing, Me and my brother. We'd hop off when we'd get there and tell us go play. We make mud pies or whatever. Play with frogs. That's all we did as kids. He and my uncle would go down the bank and they'd go fishing. I don't know how long we were there for, not very long, and we started hearing this noise. You know what a bullfrog sound makes, like a wool noise, and that's the noise we heard, but it was a lot louder, a lot deeper, and a lot longer. My brother and I went over to my dad. I was like, what are that noise? And he was, I don't know, it'd be quiet. Let's listen. So we were listening, and it was getting louder and closer and louder and closer. In this area that we were at, the other side of this bank wasn't very far. I'd say maybe probably about thirty feet forty feet from one side of the bank to the other because it fed into the bigger part of the lake. So anyway, we were sitting there listening and we could hear snapping and popping and branches and stuff being broke, and we could hear that noise. It was getting so loud. My dad he's y'all go get back while the tracker new stature. My dad was one of those guys that he was very roping tumble. You listened when he told you to do something. So we ran up on the track room and we sat there. The embankment kind of comes down, so the tracker was sitting up on the higher part and my dad Muk were down by the water. They were looking. We could hear him talking, and they were looking across and everything, and we saw this big, dark, brownish black thing kind of start coming out towards the water. It spooked my dad. Just so you know, my dad's not one of those kind of people that get scared very easily. He's a very rugged person. It spooked on bad enough. They left their rods actually, and they came up to the tractor.
Speaker 1: We left.
Speaker 2: So that was about when I was probably four years old. Now I don't remember ever going back down there after that. That's my only memory of that and when that happened. So I would say that was probably the first time anything ever like that when it comes to a sasquatch or anything happening to me. The next time that I remember, I was about fifteen years old. This would have been back in two thousand and one. It was in the fall. It was cold, so I'd say it was probably October November. It was a weekend and I was staying the night at a friend's house. Her older brother, his name was Joey, who was home from the Navy on leave. I liked her brother, so I was like, I'll want to stay a night at your house. So I went over and Stead and I at her house. It was probably about midnight, one o'clock and Joey comes out and he's, hey, my Peter and everything's over at my grandparents' house. Why don't we walk over there and I'll burn you guys some CDs back of the day, that's what they did, burn CDs for music. And I was like, oh, yeah, that sounds cool. So now, this property sat between the outskirts of Bridgeport and Chico, Texas, in between these two towns, or these big rock quarries. They're full with water if you're familiar with what rock quarries are. Their house was situated in the country part like in between that. Their house was probably about half a mile from their grandparents' house, and they were all on the same piece of land. East Texas is actually very wooded, so they had this path that went from their house to the grandparents' house through the woods. It was just like this mashed down footpath. It wasn't super visible, but it was there. So Joey suggested, hey, why don't we cut through here so we don't have to go all the way around on the dirt road. Like okay, we didn't have flashlights. It was actually a pretty bright moving out. We could see everything. We could see each other pretty well. We could see the outline of the trees and everything. So we leave there. It's probably like I said, about midnight, one o'clock. We leave there and we start out on this trail. It goes out from the back of their house and it leads up to the back door of their grandparents' trailer house. So we start out and we're walking. We're just talking rollow, whispern and everything. I said. Joey was older and he was a smoker at the time, so he WoT up a cigarette and I was like, I don't think that's a good idea. He's like, oh, it's not that big of a deal. He was leading us. Amber was in the middle and I was close up to her at the back. I'm walking. I'm whispering to Amber. I don't know what we were talking about. I can't remember. It's probably something about music. Over to my left side, I could hear something behind to my left. At first, it was like a light crunching sound, and I stopped him. I said, hey, guys, listen, do you hear that. They were like, no, I don't hear anything like something's moving over hearing's okay, let's just keep moving. So I was like, all right, didn't think too much of it, so we kept walking. Probably about ten seconds later, could hear it again, and it was a lot closer. So I stopped them and I'm like, guys, you don't hear that. Listen. So we stood there for about thirty seconds, maybe a minute listen. Then I didn't hear anything. I'm like, there's something moving over here. Joey's we have tattle back over on that side of the property where my dad's at. And I'm like, how far away is that? He knows that's way over there, right behind fences, and he said, yeah, they are. Maybe one of them got out. I said, okay, let's hurry up and get there. So maybe we should cut through and head over towards the road. He was like, all right, let's do that. Because we could see better, there was more vision. We started to cut off this trail and make our own trail onto the gravel road. So as soon as we get onto the gravel road, we all hear whatever this is was right there. All of a sudden, it was right there. We all stopped. We could all hear it. It was so close. I feel like if it would have reached out, it could have touched us. We could hear it breathing. It was a very deep, raspy, almost like somebody had a hard time catching their breath, but it was very deep and uneven. We were just froze. We didn't say anything. After we all realized we could hear this. Whatever this was, it growled at us, and it growled so long, loud, and deep that we didn't even stand around long enough to let it finish growling. We took off as fast as we could. We ran to the back porch of his grandparents place. We went inside and we were just in shock. What just happened? What was that? I was like, okay, we were going through everything that it could have been in this area. Growls. It wasn't a wild hog. A wild hog doesn't growl, so we can scratch that. Maybe a kyote that a kyote doesn't breathe like that. We don't have wolves. We're going through everything we could think of. What you know, we did have cougars? Are like, what about a cougar? That was too deep and too heavy. It did not sound like a cougar. Obviously, a cougar is probably not going to let you know it's there until it's on you or trying to kill you. So we scratched that we don't know what it was. We get into the room where the computer is and Joey directly there's been some weird stuff that's happened around here over the years. I was like, oh, like what. And so my uncle, he works for the Rock Quarries ever in Chico, and he said, one morning, about two o'clock, three o'clock in the morning, he was on his way home. He saw something cross the road. He doesn't know what it was, he said, he doesn't know what it was. He said it was some sort of weird thing. How far away was at and he said it was about three miles from here. I was like, oh, really, so that was creepy. But that was when I really started to think, Okay, what could this have been. It bothered me for a very long time. Then I put it in the back of my head. I didn't really think of it too much, and I started getting onto Facebook and I was looking into bigfoot groups and stuff like that. I met some friends over in North Carolina that had some things happen and seeing some things and whatnot, So I brought it up to them. Basically was told that very well could have been a sasquatch creature, so that would be interesting. I said, I never saw anything, but whatever it was, I can't explain the sounds. I can't explain what happened. The fact that when we stopped, whatever it was stopped didn't make a sound when we would stop, but as soon as we would start walking, could hear it walking. So it was very strange. That is the main one that really got me thinking about this whole subject and really got me involved more into this whole realm of these creatures. After that encounter or experience, I had many paranormal things happen now, going back to when I was four years old in that house. Later on, my mom would actually tell me after I was older. She said, when we lived in that house, there were a lot of times me, your dad, and your grandma would sit out in the porch and we would hear things, just strange noises, strange hoots and howls, stuff crashing through the woods. She said, it sounded like a bulldozer comes through the woods. Sometimes. I was like, really, I said, you never told me this stuff before. She's like, I didn't want to scare you because we played in those woods all the time we were outside. We played in the woods, so you'd always go down to the creek stuff like that. She said they'd also sit out there and they'd watch these lights, she called them dancing lights. They'd sit out there on the porch and they'd look up into the trees and I'd see these lights just danced around in the trees or just above the trees. She thought that was the weirdest thing. Never really brought it up to me before, and I mentioned it to her a few years ago. I was like, well, you remember those dancing lights, I said, I've heard from some people on your show and other shows that kind of correlates with some of these happenings that go on. I said, very strange for Amound. So back in two thousand and two, I started going down to North Carolina. I was invited to go on an expedition or hike, however you want to call it, on a friend's property. They used to hunt. This friend had reports of all kinds of stuff going on, things coming up, slapping in his house. It got to the point where he and his brother wouldn't go hunting in these woods alone anymore. I was invited to come out with a group of us and go hiking. I get there. I'm the kind of person that I don't go out into the woods without being armed. So we were all armed. We go out into the woods, we're hiking back. We get back probably about three or four miles into the woods. I've never been here my whole life. I'm completely reliant on this gentleman to know where he's at and how to get back. I started getting a little bit nervous because not nowhere where I am, not knowing the area. I just told him, well, you know what, why don't we just stop here, collect our a little bit, Because I like to stop, look around, check where I'm at, look behind me, every ten to twenty paces. It's just what I do.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see we're right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: So I stop. I'm just getting a breather, getting a drink of water, and I just had this feeling turn around, check where you are. And when I turn around, I see this big black mass of something. This is October. Leaves have fallen off. You can see pretty well through the trees. There's still greener ear or anything. Really. So I'm looking and I see this big black mass and I'm like, hey, come here, do you see that? And I'm pointing it out and they're like, yeah, I see that. I'm looking around everywhere else. I'm doing a scan of the whole area. There's nothing else in this area that looks like what I'm looking at. So I get my phone out and i'm videoing, and i'm topping just in case. As in videoing. Mind you you know what the woods are like. You can't see straight to this thing. There's things that are in the way. So I see this thing, whatever it is, shift its weight from one side to the other, just enough of a movement to where I saw it move. So it took my breath away. I didn't expect it to move. I catched my breath and I'm like, it just moved. Holy crap, it just moved. Then I start to get nervous. I put my phone away and I didn't look at it right away. I didn't know if I caught anything on camera or not. We continue hiking a little bit. I'm ready to go. It's in my mind. I'm nervous I'm ready to go, So I tell everybody, look, I'm ready to get out of here. Let's go back the way we went back. I knew we were going to have to cut back around where it was that we saw this thing because it was following from my perspective where we were. So the direction we came in is the direction we'll leave. So we're gonna have to go buy this area of this thing was standing. I'm really nervous because I don't know if this thing's still there. We cut back and we'd come around this great big tree where I feel like this is the area it was standing where it was the landowner, his oldest son, my other friend, and I, so there was four of us. We all at the same time walk into this smell. It was like a blanket. One second you smell it, one second you don't. So we're walking and all of a sudden, it hits this like a wall, this absolute pungent smell of death. It smells like rotting flesh. It's really hard to describe. It was putrid, very strong. It smelled like death. It just smelled like something was dead and rotting. And it was an old smell, you know what I mean. It was like an aged, musty death smell. As quick as we walked in to it, and we're standing there in the same spot, it's gone. We haven't moved, but this smell is gone. It's almost like we walked into the smell and then it left us. So without us moving, this smell just disappeared. We walked all around the area within ten fifteen feet of the same area and couldn't snaw anything up. When down, when we couldn't snaw anything anymore, it was just gone. Very strange. We took note of that and just said, Okay, that was really weird. Let's just go. So then we left. That was that experience in that day. Later on, I go through my phone. I'm watching this video and I'm going back and forth clip to clip. I can just barely, and it's very hard to see, but just barely you can see if this black mass shift its weight just ever so slightly, maybe not even two three inches. You can just see it just enough to move. You can't see detail or anything. It is just a black thing that moves, and it's tall. You can make out what looks like maybe a head and a shoulder, and then it just shifts to one side, but other than that, not a lot, a blob spot if you will, just a dark thing. Then let's see here wet hiking several times in the general area. So are you familiar with the Yi Mountains in North Carolina? By chance?
Speaker 1: Definitely?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, the famous stump in the West Morris campground where they have the candy bar and this thing crawls up and grabs the candy bar off the stump. You're where that story. I went to this place. It's not a West Morris campground. It's in the Uri Mountains in North Carolina. It's very out there in the woods. There's not a lot around it. There's a spot, it's a parking spot, number ten. That's the famous number ten spot where all that happened. I pull in. This is my first time ever there and by myself. Actually had my little dog Dixie with me. She's a little cordy. She likes to travel with me. I pull in. I have every intention on staying the night. Like I said, I grew up in East Texas. I'm not really afraid of the woods or to be by myself. This would be nice somewhere new. I knew about this area from a friend of mine it lived several miles away, but knew the area. Had gone hiking in this area several times. I pull in number ten. I parked facing out. Obviously, I don't want to be messing around. Back in and I set everything up. I car camping. I don't set up a tent or anything. I'm just conquered down. It's actually been raining, so you can hear the rain drops and stuff on the car. Nobody's in there. It's on a weekday. Funny thing is there's not really a lot of people in that area that like to go out when it's raining. So I was by myself, nobody around. I get out, I get Dixie out. We go for a walk around the campground, just to get myself familiar with what's around, who's around, if anybody's there, Just to familiarize myself with the area. Get her a good walk, and come back. Get her in the car. Just lay down. It's getting dark at that time, by seven eight o'clock at night. I'm just watching a movie on my phone. I have the two front windows cracked maybe about an inch, just enough to get a little bit of airflow and so I can hear. I have my handgun beside me. There's cup holders in the back of my car, and actually fit a full sized blow up mattress in the back. It was perfect. So I have my little handgun sitting in a cup holder. I slept with my shotgun inside of me. I'm more afraid of people. I'll just put it that way if I have my shotgun inside of me. My dog Dixie had her little bed in the front passenger fullboard. That's just where she wanted to stay. It's her where her little bed fit. So she was down there. I could hear something almost like a gravel approach, because where we park it's gravelly. I could hear what sounded like gravel. So I stopped my movie. I'm listening. I don't hear anything. I start my movie. I have the vall way way down, and again I hear this proch so I'm like, okay, So I put my phone down. It's completely pitch dark, can't see anything, can't see your hand in front of your face. I make sure I can feel my gun, decided me just in case. And I'm listening and I hear this. It almost sounded like a wolf howl, but not It was more guttural so when you hear a wolf howl, you've got that distinctive sound. Okay, it didn't sound like that. It sounded more like a yell. It was enough to get my attention and my dog's attention. She jumped in the back and she was right up on my chest and she was shaking. She didn't growl, she didn't bark, she didn't anything. She didn't even whimper. Whatever this thing was that we went out this noise. I could hear what sound like it was walking around my car. Not close, but I could hear it moving around my car. So I'm like, okay, if this is a person, because I'm not familiar with this area, If this is a person, I'm not going to say anything until they get close enough to the car. I didn't think it was a person just because there was no flashlights. There was no cars. This camp ground is somewhat close to a highway, so when cars go by, you can hear cars, especially at night, because it reverberates off of the forest, you can hear it. I didn't hear any cars, so if this was a person, they would have been walking in the dark. There was absolutely no sight of any flashlights, anything to tell me that it might have been a person. I'll just put it that way. They would have had to walk in the dark, unable to see your hand in from your face. You're going to kill yourself in the woods. I started getting nervous. I started to slide down into my driver's side to turn the car on. When I did that, all the noise quit. It was still lightly raining. I could hear the rain that all the other noise quit. I got into my car driver's side had turned a car and lights came on. I've turned the brights on. I couldn't see anything. I had a big flashlight. It was very bright. I got that out and I actually somehow had the courage to get out of my car, just stand beside my door and skin around the car, around one side, around where I'm at. I didn't see anything, no eyes shine, nothing. Got back in my car, shut the car off, locked all the doors. I didn't hear anything for the rest of the night. It was very strange. My dog didn't leave my side. She's not usually one to bark and stuff, but when she's home, if there's kayats around, she'll bark. So she didn't make a noise. So that was very unusual of her. That's that experience. After that, I'd been back to that area numerous times, even with my kids would come over with me, travel with me, and we'd go hike, not very far. We'd just hike around the campground and stuff. But my daughter she wanted to leave peanut Butter out. I was like, all right, something fun for her to do, So I took her back. Probably you could still see the car. We walked into the woods just over this little brook down from the campground. I don't know, maybe hundred yards into the woods. You could still see the car. I was like, this might be a good spot to set it here. She puts it down and we walk out go home. By a week later, two weeks later, I come back to the area and I'm like, I'm gonna go see if anything was messed with. Jar was gone. It was like, what that sucks because I don't really like leaving the jar out there. But we couldn't find it. A friend of mine actually came there a couple so it was he and his wife came out with me and we were hiking around and we went back to this little brook. They were gonna do a video for his YouTube channel, and I just told him. I was like, I feel weird, let's just hurry up. Probably about twenty seconds acher, I said that this is a rock that got thrown at us down off the side of the mountain. Just to give new perspective size with my hand in this rock. It's actually got pretty decent weight to it. This rock comes up through the trees, so not down up the side of this mountain. It was through the top of the trees. Because you could hear it through the top of the trees. We watch it hit the other side of the embankment from where we were standing. You feel the thudt it hit. We watched it roll down in the leaves towards the brook we were standing at. We all froze, didn't say anything. There's not a sound in the forest, nothing, there's no birds, no nothing. I'm shaking. The fight or flight kicks in and I'm ready to go. But I'm like, okay, let's make our way back to the car. I think I'm not going to stand around here and wait see what else gets thrown or whatever. So I'm anxious to go. They're like, just wait, just listen. I was like, I don't want to listen, I want to go. We're standing there, and probably about two or three minutes later, weich here. Possibly whatever threw this at us move down further back behind this. It's like small rolling mountains. It moves back further off of this. I'm gonna call it a hill because it's not a very tall mountain. It moves back behind and then it cuts down to our left, like it's gonna cut around behind us and cut us off between us and our vehicle. I'm starting to get nervous because you can hear this thing moving and it's snapping popping. It's loud, snap pop, snap pop, and it's cutting down back behind us, and I'm like, we need to go now because whatever this is, if it's gonna cut us off in between, we're not gonna be able to get to our car. I am walking as fast as I can on very uneven ground, very sobby ground. I'm worried I'm gonna twist my ankle or walking over logs, crossing little streams and stuff. I'm actually far and up in front of the other two that I have to stop and wait for them to catch up. So I'm facing them, waiting for them to catch up, and I'm like, come on, hurry up, let's go. I hear this really loud snap. I can't even tell you how maybe big this branch was or limb that stabbed it. It was very loud, it was very close. I just I froze because it literally sounded like it was on top of me. So I have froze, and I'm standing there. They stop walking. This is the part that freaks me out the most is they're looking at me, and they stop walking, and they're looking in my direction. So I'm facing them. They're facing me. The first thought in my mind is something's behind me, something's very close to me, and they're looking at this thing. They're not looking at me, They're looking beyond me, at this thing, whatever it is. I'm terrified. I'm not moving. They start rushing me. They're running towards me. When they start moving, I feel like I have to know, So I turn around and I start heading back towards the car. I don't see anything. I get to the car. I'm hitting the button to the car, like the alarm button, like to unlock it. You can hear the beeping hitting this button. Just maybe this noise. It's gonna scare whatever this is. I don't know what I was thinking, but just hitting the button to the car. I think I was hitting the unlocked button actually, so that we could get in the car. I was hitting the button. I make it to the car first, I get in, I start the car. They're at the car, so they had to have been moving pretty quickly. So when we get in, they're like, go, I go. We're leaving. And then again, this is the same camp ground area, Wes Morris. It's the same area. We get in the car and we leave. We don't say anything to each other other than what the heck was that. I didn't want to ever go back there, at least not for a while, because that was pretty scary.
Speaker 1: For more sasquatch out to see. We're going right back.
Speaker 2: After these messages, a few months, i'd say probably two or three months go by. I go back down to the area. They have this bright idea. There's trails that go back up behind this campground, like hiking trails, and there's other parts of this r area that you can actually take jeeps up on the jeep trails and stuff, and they're pretty rugged. You have to have pretty good vehicle to get back up in there. They have this bright idea, Hey, we're going to go for a hike in the evening back behind this campground. And I'm like, all right, I've never done a night hike before. Let's do it just before dark. It was enough light out where we could get going and still see pretty well. So I'd say probably about six seven o'clock. We'd have flashlights, obviously we're armed well. Walking up this trail, we get probably maybe two miles back. You'd come to this part in the trail where you cross this little grassy meadow, and then right beyond that it is nothing but pine trees. They call it the pine thicket. It's all pine trees. There's no other kind of trees, it's just pine. We get to the end of that trail and we can see across these pine trees. I'm like, I'm not going in there. It was like I hit a wall. I didn't want to go any further. This is it. We're not going any further. We all agree, okay, we're not going to go back in there. So we're standing around just talking, wait for it to get darker. By the time it gets to the point where we can just see each other shadows. We start heading back. We try our flashlights on. So there's big rocks and tree limb roots and stuff you can trip over, so it's a pretty dangerous little trail. So we have our flashlights. We're walking through and we're just meandering through like it's a normal hike, just talking normally, not whispering, just talking and walking making noise. We all hear this loud dump noise happens. It's one of the that you can seal in your feet. It makes us all stop. Mind you, we're not like super close to each other, we're probably within we're or four feet of each other walking. We all feel this stump and we hear this thump, and we stop and we're listening. We don't hear anything, and then we realize we don't hear anything else. There's no crickets, there's nothing. It's just dead quiet. We're maybe halfway back. So we hugged in probably about an hour and a half and we're still half an hour to forty minutes of a hike to get out yet, so we're like, let's pick up our pace, let's keep going, because at this point we're all nervous. We can't hear anything else in the woods but us. So we're walking and we're trying to actually stay quiet now because we're the only ones making any kind of noise. Then we hear this whistle, very distinctive, one quick whistle, almost like someone's whistling for you to like, hey, just a quick whistle. We stop. We turn off all of our lights. Don't ask me why. I have no idea. I thought it was a stupid idea. So let's turn all your lights off. Turn your lights like, well, I'm not turning my light off. I want to be able to see if something's coming. That didn't sound like it was very far away. Anyway, we turn our lights off. I'm literally huddled up shoulder to shoulder next to his wife and I'm standing there and she starts she's shaking. I don't know if she's making me shake or if I'm making her shake, but she's shaking. I'm like, Okay, we need to keep moving. We can't just stand here. We can't move unless we turn our lights on. So after about three or four minutes, we decide, okay, we'll turn our lights back on. Still no noise other than us, absolutely no noise or walking. I would say, probably about a good ten to fifteen minutes go by, we still don't hear anything else. We'd start to settle in, Okay, nothing else is happened. We're okay. We're maybe ten minutes from the car. Snap snap pop. On the left side of us, down on this other ridge, snap pop snap pop. So there's something on the right side of us. There's something on the left side of us, and it's not directly beside us, it's behind us. We hear this movement on either side of us. I know North Carolina has bears. I am absolutely terrified of bears. I do not like bears. I never, ever in my life want to encounter a bear in the wild. So that's actually my first thought, aside from the whistle. I wasn't even thinking of that. I was like, I hope it's not bears. My friends, I don't think that's a bear. I'm like, Okay, do I hope this is a bear? Or do I hope it's not a bear. We're walking and we hear these noises and it's coming up, so it's not necessarily getting closer to us this way. It's getting closer to us from the side. It's coming up to the trail. Sorry, I'm shaking right now. We're walking a lot faster now, or at a very brisk walk. With our flashlights. We can just see the reflection at the car lights. I keep telling myself, don't run. I have to keep repeating to myself, don't run. All of a sudden, whatever these things are, they come up to the edge of the trail and stop. We can't hear anything anymore. When it stops, we actually stop because they're close to the car. We're like, okay, if we have to really move to get to the car, maybe we can make it. So we all stop with terror flashlights off and we're listening. We don't hear anything else. Then we hear I would say we were standing up for maybe a minute or two. We're not hearing anything. Still, no bug noise. We hear a whistle on one side, then we hear a grunt on the other side, and then nothing. Then we hear a whistle on the other side, and then a grunt on the other side. So they're whistling and grunting whatever this is, back and forth to each other, probably three or four times. Then it just went silent. There was my friend gets the bright idea to whistle back. So whistle back. Nothing, whistles again, nothing. He whistles a couple times, two or three times. The last time he whistled something. I want to say it might have been a stick, It might have been a rock. I didn't see anything because we had no lights on. Whatever it was, it threw something across and it landed in the middle of where this trail was. We know that because part of this trail it had rocks. It was rocky. It sounded like it hit the middle of this trail we were on. So it turned lights on and there's nothing there. We heard it hit, we heard something get tron, but we don't know where it's at. At that point, we make it to the car. We get in the car relief. So that's that experience. I never went night hiking again after that. That was the one and only time I ever went night hiking after that. There was one other incident in this same general area. There is a location it's called Reservation Road. Are you familiar with that? Okay, So there's a little town area called El Dorado. There's actually a very popular spot that all the jeeps before they go up on the trails, they stop and they stole up and they get food. It's called El Dorodo outposts. On the other side fram where Wes Morris and all that is. You come through on that highway and you cut off on this road and it's called Reservation Road. You go down. There's some little camp areas down there, picnic tables and stuff. Just as you turn in there's a big porta potti house out there, benches places people can set up tents and stuff. You bypass that and you go down this road. You go all the way down. There's a gun range out there. When you get to the end of this road, there's this big cul de sac area and it leads up to some other trails. On a separate night, I pulled into there, circled around again facing out because I'm not silly, I'll want to base out. I have a recorder. It's actually an older recorder. Friend of mine gave me their card to find now. Actually, but I have a recorder. I have my headphones plugged into it and i just have it hanging out the side of the window and I'm listening because you can hear everything pretty clear with this recorder, actually a lot louder than your natural ear. I'm listening recording sounds see if I hear anything, and I'm sitting in the driver's side of my car. It's a pretty moonlit night. You can see the shadows and stuff. It's cloudy, so when the clouds come over, you can see the shadows moving on the ground. So it's a pretty bright night. This whole area that I'm sitting in is all gravel. You can see like it almost looks like white. From the gravel. I can see the different textures of the tree line and the bushes in front of me. So I'm parked here facing out, and the way I'm facing the cult Desact area is to my left, and I'm facing towards the right to go out on the road. Basically, the front of my car is at an angle, and I can see a whole big section of the trees in front of me and a big section of the road that's going out. I'm sitting there. I don't know what time it is, it's late, probably one two o'clock in the morning. I'm listening. I don't hear anything. I'm actually starting to get bored, trying not to fall asleep. I just open my eyes and I look out my windshield right across from where I'm sitting. It's not a huge distance, but it's some distance. I'd say probably ten fifteen feet is the tree line. Something I don't know what comes out of this tree line. How to explain this? You know what a crab looks like? Visioning a big black crab come out of the woods in a horseshoe shape. So it comes out of the woods. I could see I guess it's arms and legs or whatever going up and down like a crab. And it comes out of the trees and goes right back in. It was almost like a came out saw my vehicle and was like oh crap, and went right back into the trees like very quick, like one two, three, gone like not even three seconds. It was just it came out and bat right back in. I don't know what it was. All I know is it was a dark figure. I could see what it looked like. Its arms and legs were going like up and down, but it moved like a crab. And the way it came out and went back in it was almost like it it came in sideways. Does that make sense. It's hard to explain the way a crab walks its sideways. Just imagine watching a crab come out and back in sideways. Unplack. What was that? Whatever? It was on all fours, but it was too big to be a bear. And then I got to thinking, okay, but I could see long like almost like long whims coming out from the body of it. It was like this crab thing came out and right back into the woods. I didn't see a face. It was just a figure, but I could see, I am assuming what was its arms and legs just moving up and down in that crab motion, and right back into the woods. No idea what it was. I didn't hear a thing on my recorder. I could hear everything else. There was sounds of the forest. I didn't hear trees stopping. I didn't hear bushes moving. I didn't hear gravel because I was sitting on gravel and it came out far enough that it was on the gravels. I would have thought, okay, I would have heard the gravel noise. I didn't hear gravel noise. I don't know what it was. I don't know what I saw, but it was weird. I just put it in that little box that of Okay, that was weird. I don't know what it was. I can't explain it, but I saw it, and who knows what it was. That was the only time I ever sat on that road and the only time I ever saw anything. It's just weird, strange.
Speaker 1: As you're telling the story, I don't know how accurate this may or may not be, but I'm envisioning there's an illustration, I guess, of somebody's eyewitness account of what they said they saw a sasquatch doing. It's they call it the spider crawl, and I've heard of that. It's down on all fours, the arms and the legs are in this weird position. But that's what I'm envisioning in my brain as you're telling this story. I'm sure anybody who's listening to this now that's familiar with this illustration, and I'll try to find it before we post this for you guys to check out over on the blog for this episode. Hopefully I'll be able to find this image. I'm sure it's pretty common. I've seen it multiple times, but that's what I'm envisioning. Let me ask you this. There's a couple of questions I want to go back to in some of the other stuff that we talked about. But is that the impression that you got, given that you've heard of these things crawling and doing spider crawl on all fours? Obviously it's subjective. You didn't see, you can't say definitively what it was. But do you get the impression looking back in hindsight? Now, do you think it was possibly a sasquatch on all fours or you think it might have been something else? I, honestly, I can't say I personally would say it was likely a sasquatch in that movement in that position because I've never seen anything ever like that before, and I don't know what else to classify it as, honestly, but knowing like you said, knowing that it's been reported that they do that.
Speaker 2: But see, this thing wasn't huge, It wasn't big, but it was big enough that it was bigger than me. I don't know any person that could get done on all fours and move like that, not in one fluid motion like that. Personal way.
Speaker 1: The other thing, I want to go back to, working my way chronologically backwards. Here the rock that you held up, and I'll certainly I'll do a steal or something of that. So you guys can see it over on the blog for the episode. Impression at the time when you guys were in the moment and that thing came flying in that this thing was out to do you harm or do you think it was just warning you off? What do you feel about the rock throwing thing in the moment and in hindsight looking back.
Speaker 2: In the moment, I would say, to be honest, I feel like it was trying to deter us, like maybe we were in its path. I was scared, I was shaking, I was ready to go. But again thinking about it, and in hindsight, I don't feel like it was trying to hit us. It was trying to harm us. Really, it was trying to say, hey, I'm here, get out of here. Because I feel that if it wanted it to hit us, it very well could have the projection of how far this rock was because we didn't see what it came from. It came from a very good distance away, mind you, it was on a taller hill from us. Obviously the trajectory from that might have helped some as far as the distance of where it was coming from. But the fact that I myself, when we were there, I was throwing that rock. My friend was throwing that rock, and neither of us could make it very far. There's no way a person from that distance not being able to see who threw it at us. From that distance, there's no way we wouldn't have known who it was.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see we'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: But we didn't see anybody. We just heard and saw the rock where it landed, and that was a pretty far throw. Whatever that had had the strength to throw it that far, we'll just put it that way. But I don't feel like it was trying to purposely hurt us. I think we were in its way fair enough.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want to go back to is the first experience you talked about. You were around four years old, your uncle and your dad leaving their fishing poles behind and coming up and getting on the tractor and getting you guys out of there. I'm curious did your dad ever revisit that, Did he ever talk to you about or have you had the conversation with him about what he and you guys saw that night? Did he think it was a sasquatch. Did he have that in his nomenclature? Was that something that he had dealt with As far as you're aware of in the past, or have any knowledge of that.
Speaker 2: Incident in particular, we never spoke of. He never mentioned it, did that I know of. He and my uncle didn't talk about it either. It was just something he never brought up. And like I said, my dad, he was brought up down in the rugged him and several other siblings. They grew up very poor, very hard off. My uncle that we went fishing with, he could actually take a stone throw it. That's how he hunted rabbits. He would actually throw a stone, and I went with him one time he would throw a stone and he'd hit a rabbit in the head and knock it out. And that's how they went rabbit hunting. So knowing my dad was very difficult to scare. He wasn't afraid of anything. There was times he go out of the house in middle of the night thinking in hindsight about different stuff that happened around that particular house that we lived in where we went fishing. Behind A lot of strange stuff happened out there. He would go outside, fire off a shotgun, wasn't afraid of anything. He'd walk around the house that sort of stuff. I just thought he was very brave. He never brought up that incident at all.
Speaker 1: It doesn't surprise me at all. That's a common theme that I hear over and over. It's so interesting. This is one of my favorite things about the job. Before I clicked record, you and I were talking about I've been doing interviews all day. One of those interviews was a guy that is actually over in the United Kingdom. He's a big fan of the show. He's been listening since the beginning. He's very much into data. He's a data guy. He went onto the BFRO website. Obviously his interview will be out for everybody to listen to. I'm sure Wayne and I will talk about this on that Bigfoot podcast at some time, because he emailed us a couple of weeks ago and started sending us over some of the statistical breakdown. He went through almost all of the data that's available on the BFRO website, which is I think he said something like five thousand plus and he didn't obviously read every single report, but he took all of this data and put it together. One of the things that I kept making note of as you were talking is, he said, statistically, you would think most of us think, at least when I first got into this, and up until recently when I started doing my own research, I would always just assume that you would see and have more bigfoot experiences and or class A encounters in the summertime. There's more people out, it's nice weather, everything's out during the summer. But actually, no, it's the month of October. Which is interesting because a couple of your experiences happened in the month of October. You said there was a couple of time lapses that went on between leaving and coming back. I don't know if you really looked into dialing into how many of your experiences have happened on or near the month of October, but I found it statistically interesting that I just had this conversation with him today. He made the comment, he joked, we're right in the middle of October. If you're going to have an experience with bigfoot, go out into the woods now, because it might happen. That's just one of those little things that I love about this is because I'm having this conversation with him earlier today, and then you're talking about things that happened two thousand and one, two thousand and two, and just as recently as a few years ago. The little nuance is rain. You mentioned. Rain was another thing that he talked about. Statistically, the sightings tend to go down in the rainy times because very few people like to be out in the rain. Nobody wants to go camping in the rain, Nobody wants to hike in the rain. So the fact that you were out there and you were the only person there and had that experience, I find it very interesting because it could have very easily been somebody else and they might have had the exact same experience that most people want, because they don't put themselves in a campground in the middle of the week. Most people go on Saturdays. Statistically, Saturday is the best day for US saturd squat siding because that's when most of them are reported, because it's a human thing, because we're out hiking, hunting, and doing all the things that we do typically on Saturdays. Because if you're a normal person, most people have a nine to five Monday through Friday kind of situation. As far as work. It's just all these little nuances. I find it interesting. I'm kicking myself because I'm in North Carolina. It's been on my bucket list forever to go to the Yuari and you're in North Dakota. You know more about the Yarri area than I do because you've been there a ton of times. I have it gone out to that area specifically because I think it's oversaturated with so many accounts that have come out of there recently. It's my own fault. I've had several people on multiple times that have had experiences in the Yuari, and I think podcast and shows that have done I don't know if Finding Bigfoot's been out there. I think they did an episode out in the Yuari or in that area. I think we've done ourselves a little bit of a disservice because I do think there's a lot of people out there now it's hard to discern what's real and what's not. But I certainly want to get out to that area because there's so many amazing stories that come out of there, and people are still having experiences that they can't explain that aren't related to people. I think it's interesting that you've been out there several times and had different experiences at different times of the year.
Speaker 2: I would say I've been out to the ri area. And to keep in mind, the URIs aren't just in one spot. It's spread out, so you'll have a group of YI forests here and then over here you'll have another group, and over here you have So there's different areas of the ras you can go because it's a pretty good sized area. Now I've been there probably about ten or twelve times in the past couple of years. There's another area and I don't know if it's I want to say it is connected to the urs, but there's another small area, a group of trees that I've hiped back into. And like I said, I have so many different experiences. I can't distinguish if it's Sasquatch, if it's something else. I've caught things on camera. I caught something on my night vision sitting in number ten at wes Morris in the rain. There's so many different things, and I don't experience something every time I go out. I experience something maybe one out of five times. So I can go there many times during one visit. But I've only been to North Carolina. Probably I want to say twelve to fifteen times. I don't want to sell it short because it's been quite a few times. But as far as being out in the woods, probably twenty five thirty times. So I've had these different experiences, but not every time. Somebody thinks if you're going to go out into the woods and you have an experience, it's going to happen more often than not. That's not true. You are less likely to have an experience than you are to have an experience. The fact that I've had all of these different things happen most of the time I've been by myself. There's been a few times I've been with a couple of other people. It doesn't matter if you're by yourself or if you're with a few people, if you're in the rain, or if you're not. So when you say most of all these things happen in October, you're right. From the most of the times that I've been out there and had something unexplainable I want to say, or seen something. It has been from probably September October all the way to January February. So all the things I've had happen is from the fall through the winter in that area. I don't know why or what that is, but I will say the one area that I'm talking about West Morris and those trails, the jeep trails. Those jeep trails have a season in the summertime. There's a lot of people that are being very loud and very noisy with those jeeps. There's a bunch. I've been out there in the summertime and you can't drive down that road without passing twenty jeeps within ten minutes because they're all following each other. They're all going up into the trails, even at night. I feel that these creatures in that area they know when open season is, so when all those jeeps and those trails close and jeeps aren't allowed to come into those trails, they come back and they get closer to that camp area than they normally would. When there's a lot of people I've heard, because there's people that would actually talk about it that I ran into, there'll be a report almost white clockwork, there'll be one, two, three reports right at the beginning of open season for those trails. Somebody will have a siding or they'll have an experience, and then there'll be nothing for the rest of that season because there's too many people, there's too much noise. That's my opinion.
Speaker 1: You definitely may be right on making a note to myself, I need to take my trip to the Ure's probably somewhere around October November. I think that's going to be a date for myself. Maybe it won't happen this year, maybe in twenty twenty five. Tasha, I really appreciate you coming on and sharing your experiences. I have had a blast talking to you.
Speaker 2: No, thank you so much for having me and for letting me share. It's been great. Thank you so much. I have ever been on a podcast before, so I'm very thankful.
Speaker 3: They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to be a world out it.
Speaker 3: Chop this job, chid everything, come fucking bags for joy, for me, joy staying right. You come in right away, step still steps step step stops.
Speaker 4: Pass
Speaker 3: Understand pass state assist USS