Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's nit coffee.
Speaker 2: All right? Better late than never? Here as we get. The third hour started today five to ten, not quite when we usually start the five o'clock hour, but two hours of seemingly no issues with the quality of the broadcast considering the connection we're using today. And then I don't know, I guess I got I got a little too comfortable. I didn't do anything, John didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: But I will take some responsibility though, just because we were having obviously those weird issues during the last segment, and I thought it would be a smart idea to disconnect and reconnect, and that's where we had some problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to be fair, you know, we were having problems. So a simple disconnect reconnect usually it helps it, you know, it gets a squared away. But for some reason that led to us not being able to get reconnected. So anyways, can you I gotta know, because it'll be it'll consume me if if I don't at least know. Are we back to where we've been the majority of the show or are we sounded like we sounded in the last segment.
Speaker 1: No, we sound like the majority of the show. We're back and we're in tip top shape.
Speaker 2: Good, good, well, I'm happy, happy to hear that. Even and even if you're lying to me, which I don't think you are, I'm glad you said what you said, because if you told me we sounded awful, I would you know, it would just you know, it would, it would consume me. So anyways, again it's coffee and company. We are few about Thorton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us. Those first couple of hours went about really, really quick, which I usually think is a good thing. So if you are just not joining us, we did talk about the schedule conversation among Louisville fans and Kentucky fans, and what I mean is the sprink of schedule because it's been I feel like a talking point way more in the last six seven years than it ever was before for a variety of reasons. One is that we don't we don't get a chance to actually say on the field until the end of the year. So whenever you have a tough time really knowing who I mean, I think last year I know it looked like a fool at the end of the year when they lost to them, But like, objectively speaking, Louisville had a better season, and I feel like you can you can say that they were a better team based off results, but when they did play head to head, Louisville loss. So therefore Kentucky is not at all wrong and saying we were better than Louisville last year pains me to know that. But like, you know, back to my original point, which is, whenever you can't settle it until the end of the year and you want to go back and forth with your rival, not even during the season, but also off season in the summer like we do around here, it's just well, you know, you ain't play nobody, And it's mostly Kentucky fans that say that, and then Louisville fans get involved because you know, as a fan, I feel like it's normal. It's natural to have the instincts to like chirp back at the rival when they're claiming that you had ten wins acc championship appearance, but you know that didn't mean anything. You got stink, And I think you know, both things can be true. Kentucky plays a better schedule in conference every year than Louisville. Because of the conference affiliation, the SEC is a better league than the ACC. Anybody arguing differently is just wrong. But what it comes down to is does the does the non conference balance it out enough? Like let me give you an example. I think it was back in two thousand, two thousand. What year was it where Kentucky came back from in back? Yea it was. I think it was Kentucky in twenty twenty two when Louisville and Kentucky played two years ago. I guess it was sadderfields last year that Kentucky team. They underachieved in a major way. They were coming off of a ten win season. They went three and five in the SEC, and I don't think they beat a team with a winning record other than Louisville. So with that, you know, going into that game, despite Louisville playing in the ACC and Kentucky playing in the SEC, because of just how like some teams are so good and some teams are so bad that it's going to fluctuate how your overall schedule is ranked. So with all that said, Louisville lost the game. In fact, they lost twenty six thirteen and really wasn't that close, right, And you know, in that season, Kentucky actually played a weaker schedule, and Kentucky fans can't process that. They think there's just no scenario. Louisville might as well be playing a high school schedule. We play in the Almighty sec. Well, you also played Miami, Ohio, Youngstown State, Northern Illinois, all though three of those teams are terrible, and you played Florida and beat them. But that Florida team in twenty twenty two, I'm pretty sure went on to have Yeah, they were three and five. Like that win was big when you got it, it meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. And at the end of the year, when you play Louisville in the last game of the season, it doesn't benefit your strength to schedule. It doesn't kill it, but it's not looked at as a top twenty type win. Then they played Ole Miss and All Miss was pretty good that year, right, I mean that was Lane Kiffin. Was that his first year, second year, I think it might have been his second year, and that team went eight and five, and that was a good year for Lane Kiffin. Then you played South Carolina and lost to them. That South Carolina team, they went four and four in the SEC, but it was a loss. Then you played in Mississippi State, I believe at that point it looked like it might be and that was a decent win. That was a nine and four Mississippi State team, so that was a decent win for him. Then they played Tennessee. Then they played Missouri and beat Missouri and if I'm not mistaken, that Missouri team, yeah, they were bad, three and five in the SEC. Then they played Georgia number one, and then Louisville, who, by the way, at that time was ranked twenty fifth in the country. So overall, like because you do play eight games against teams that are typically better than the eight teams Louisville plays, what it comes down to is like if Kentucky's strength they schedule ever ends up being weaker, it's just because they played Vandy and a bad SEC team and they are non conference, and with Louisville, you know, they play like they're gonna play eight games in conference play this year. Two of them are against Florida State and Miami who are ranked in the top twenty five, and then they're gonna play Notre Dame, who's the top ten team. That's a non conference game that counts towards your schedule. So the gap is usually not as why is Kentucky fans might make you think. However, you know, at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. Like That's why I've asked myself the question why do I get triggered? Because the reason this whole thing came up is because today when I popped open Twitter and you go to the four U section of the platform where it just shows you things that they think you're interested in. If it's not like stuff which I don't ever seek out political content effort. I don't look for it, I don't consume it. But yet it's unavoidable when you get to an election year on an app owned by Elon Musk. So the other stuff I see, it's people I don't follow, but it's Louisville fans and Kentucky fans fighting with each other about the strengthen schedule. And you know, Matt talked about it on KSR a couple days ago, and you know there are people that just think Louisville might as well be a high school team. And yeah, they've had some accomplishments over the course of their time as a program, but none of it meant anything because I mean they play high school teams. I mean two BCS Bowl wins, a trip to a Power five conference championship game, a Heisman Trophy winner. I mean since they stopped playing football with leather helmets, Louisville's been a better program. I mean that's not because they're great, it's because Kentucky before Mark Stoops was I feel like, maybe not historically a joke, but like they did not have the sustained success they've had now under Stoops. And it's not like he's winning ten games every year, but he's at least done it twice and their bottom, their floor is not what it wants. Was two and ten, three and nine seasons at Kentucky. I feel like they were probably still pretty rare, but they weren't like, Wow, what happened to Kentucky? They're two and ten, three and nine, Like it wasn't that big of a surprise because for about a four decade stretch, it kind of felt like, more often than not they're going to be closer to being really bad than being you know, above average, So you know, if I'm a Louisville fan and I need to take my own advice here because again I mentioned I'm a little triggered by this as well, because I don't know why at the end of the day, Louisville's going to play who's on their schedule, Kentucky's going to play who's on their schedule, And I think for Louisville, you know, when you do have success, you don't want your rival yap until you about it meaning nothing, and then whenever you do end up facing them, like last year when they weren't good, did not have a good year by their standard even and didn't like their team, didn't have much confidence in that game, and you won ten games and had already secured a spot in the ACC title game. Like that makes it to where everything they say that we I think no is nonsense. They can at least say it and not sound crazy because they've got a victory over you in the head to head. Like for example, Kentucky being ranked were they I don't know what they were ranked, but they didn't receive near the votes that Louisville did, and the A people and none of that matters. But in the preseason, a people. Louisville was the first team unranked, so technically twenty sixth. And by the way, this is this is something that I'm nitpicking here. But you know how I talked about a couple of weeks ago, John about how when when sideline reporters or just reporters in general, when reporting on an injury, they'll say such and such is out with a knee, he's leaving with his shoulder, whether he steals somebody's shoulder like that. I don't know why that pisses me off. It shouldn't I shouldn't care, but it does. Another thing that irritates me is when people say Louisville's ranked twenty six they're not because they received votes. It's a it's a top twenty five ranking. Therefore, if you're not in the top twenty five, you know what you are not you're not ranked. It sounds like I'm crushing Louisville, Like you can't claim your rank, you guys suck. It's not about Louislle. Could be anybody could be Indiana there, if that makes sense, Like do you Clearly I'm worked up about it and it doesn't matter. But overall the premise of what I'm saying, like, that's true. Correct, If you're not in the top twenty five, you were not ranked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's I guess one way that they could eliminate that issue altogether is just by not showing who who else is receiving votes, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think actually, I think it's good to see who's receiving votes because it shows where you stand. Yeah, but again, like it doesn't mean you're ranked. Like so when people say, well, technically they be ranked thirty second, you can say they would come in at thirty second because that's where they fall among everybody who got a vote. But when you're if you're not in the top twenty five, again, you know what you're not, you're not ranked. Anyways, moving on, I'm in a weird mental space today. I'm sorry, But anyways, Louisville received more votes than Kentuck and I don't know if that's what triggered Matt talking about on his show. Didn't I didn't hear it, but I know it became a big thing on Twitter when he was claiming that Louisville doesn't play Clemson and doesn't play Miami, and they don't play any of the good teams in the ACC if he even said they are any good teams in the ACC. And you know it, Kentucky claiming they deserve to be ranked ahead of Louisville this upcoming season would be based off what the fact that they've beat him the last five years and the fact that they won recently, which was just last season. Like that that doesn't like, That's one of the things I just can't like. So that means that technically, you know, Michigan should be ranked ahead of Ohio State this year, and that you know, Alabama should be ranked ahead of Georgia because Alabama made the playoff and Georgia didn't. Like, you know, I just it's one of those things that I just like. It's bad enough that Kentucky's been able to extend the streak as long as they have, but when brom came here, like when you hold that over our head that you beat us as many times consecutively as you had, I can't claim you shouldn't do that because I'd do the same thing if I was a Kentucky fan, right, because that's what you do. It's bragging rights, it's scoreboard, it's a rivalry. But like they even know deep down, they're not facing the same Louisville as they did under Sadd White. I mean that guy kidding me he was scared of Mark Stoops. Mark Stoops was an alpha to him. Stoops, I mean he owned him. I mean when Sat went crying boohooing about L's down at midfield and the first time they played each other, are you kidding me? Like, that's the weakest thing that's ever happened in this rivalry. Makes me sick to my stomach even thinking about it. So with all that said, the one thing you can't do when it's your first year with Brahm is win ten games and then lose to him again. And he did that, And I'm not saying he did it specifically, but like, I will never act as if that wasn't demoralizing. It doesn't change the fact that they had a hell of a year and they're carrying momentum into this year with it being his second season. But man, I mean, they're not carrying momentum as far as, like you know, results, because they struggled at the end of the year. But still they're coming off of a of a good season, a really good season, to be honest with you, and the fact that Kentucky got him is you know, it's painful. So here's advice I would give Louisville fans. Don't get worked up about them claiming that what you did means nothing because of who you played, because the trigger for them to do that is because they don't have anything to claim that they're good. Now they can have a ten win season, But even in their ten win seasons, were they a top five SEC team? Probably not. And I don't see ten win seasons happening for them now that their conference has gotten a lot better. So you know, Louisville, Yeah, if they played in the SEC, would they have the BCS Bowl games? Would they have the Heisman Trophy winner? Probably not. I don't know. I mean maybe I think Bobby had some teams that would have not maybe won the SEC, but they certainly would have been competitive enough to be good. But we'll never know. So just understand that when they bring up you ain't played nobody, it's because they can have a seven and five, seven and six season, beat you. It the only team they have against the whin they have against the team with the winning record b three and five or maybe four and four in their league with wins against nobodies and the nobody's of their league, and they you know, that's that's they have. You know, again, winning is winning and they didn't used to win, So like they should be happy with where they are, you know, especially if you're a fan that's like my age or older, because the Stoops era has been a much more successful football era than any that we've lived through again if you're in my age range. But you know, as far as like big picture, you know, Heisman Trophy, college football playoff ranking stuff like you know, conference championship stuff. Again, like it's not it's not again that that's why I say both things can be true. Yeah, Kentucky plays in a better league, there's no doubt about it. But when they yap about how bad louill because they said the same thing about Louisvill when they were in the Big East in the Conference USA, and it was legit then that they played in a better conference. But Louisville has gone to the ACC has still put together some you know, decent accomplishments in that time, including last year, and they don't have the ability to do that. Was it just a week ago that I was talking about like if I was a Kentucky fan, it would I would I would be bummed knowing that like we could, we could take another step up here with Mark Stoops, and it probably not do a whole lot for our record wins and loss wise, because you're adding two teams that are going to be more often than not a lot better than you in Oklahoma and Texas and also some of these teams that you've been able to beat. You can't control it, right, you know, you play who's on your schedule. But Florida ain't gonna be down that long. They're gonna get rid of Jeremy what's his name, not Jeremy that's got fired at Tennessee BILLI Napier. Yeah, they're gonna get rid of Bill in a paper soon. And you think if Lane Kiffin comes into Gainesville takes over Florida, that you're gonna be a better program than them for years to come. I don't think. I don't see that happening. You know, South Carolina, I think they're a peer of you, but they're beating you now and they're not even good. You know, Tennessee, they've historically been better than you. You took advantage of the fact, they had Butch Jones and Jeremy Prewett and whoever else was there in between Lane Kiffin, who I feel like I'm missing somebody. But now they've got Josh hipel and they're not elite, but they're good. They're and they're better. So you know, I don't even bring this up to say like you all suck, You're going to be terrible in your league. I mean, I'm looking, I'm talking to you from a Louisville fans perspective. That's like, you know what, life ain't so bad in a league that clearly is, you know, one of the top three four leagues. It's not the big ten of the SEC, but you can get to the playoff. You're considered a power conference, and you know what, when you have a special season, you could see yourself winning your league. If Louisville had a super special season, like one of the best seasons that they've ever had in football, I'll be I'll be straight up with you, that didn't mean they'd win the SEC, doesn't mean they'd even be a top three team, because again, it's the best league in the country. I mean, if Texas keeps it rolling with Sark and this is sustainable Georgia, Bama, Texas. I mean, I mean, who knows what happens with Lane Kiffen if he goes to Florida, if that ends up happening. Like those are teams that Again, there are programs, there's food chains in this sport. We know that. But again the schedule stuff, I just think it's silly. But anyways, we'll take a break. I will get to what I was going to do at the start of the five o'clock hour until we had some technical issues. But on my four opinions about Louisville sports that I feel like would be very unpopular if I set it among other Louisville fans. And I'm stealing this from KSR after being accused of stealing from KSR and then being encouraged to steal from KSR. So tip of the cap to KSR inspiring us every day here on Coffee and Company fuel by Thornton's on Sportsbok seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That's right, Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety. And as the music tells you, we're going to go into Nick segment about his unpopular opinions about Louisville basketball and football?
Speaker 2: Is that correct? Nick? Just Louisville sports in general. I will I'll start with I'll start with setting it up as to how we got there. I know KSR does a unpopular opinion show every year, Matt does and and today they did it, some of them. The text line said, you steal enough from KSR on your show, why not do an unpopular opinion about Louisville sports like they did, which, again I feel like I was taking a straight there. I don't, you know, I don't know what I you know, I don't know what I would steal from KSR. I mean, this show is super successful. I'm sure we could learn a thing or two from from from what they do. But I don't, you know. I try not to. I mean this, I try not to listen and sample what's going on really anywhere else more than just enough, because I don't want to be influenced to do content and talk about things that like it's just the expectation, you know, because I want to be original and sometimes it's hard to do just whenever, you know, it's quite clear. Hey, Louisville, Kentucky hired a new basketball coach that's what we're going to talk about for like a month, Like you just sometimes that's just that's just how it plays out. But I do try to be original. And again, I like all those guys on KSR. KSR is a great show. It's funny, it's entertaining, you know, but I don't. I did feel a little offended that people claim I'm stealing from because I don't really know what that would even be. But I will steal after being encouraged to steal and give some unpopular opinions about Louisville sports. And again, let me set it up even more so as far as what this is. Imagine yourself being at work among your Louisville fans, or maybe being at L and N Cardinal Stadium tailgating, and you're among the family Louisville fans, right, like, this's a good chance that nine out of ten people that are tailgating with you for a louisvill football game or Louisville fans. So you share an opinion in regards to Louisville sports, and you know that it's unpopular among the majority that is there. You know that they may look at you kind of sideways. You may not get everybody to completely disagree with you, but you know by saying it, they're going to maybe even question if you're really a fan. Some of these I've said before, but I don't know how I ever presented it this way. I'll start with this one. L one C four was the stupidest thing of all time, Louisville First Cards Forever. It was so corny it was, I mean, I thought it. I mean, I don't think there was ever any moment where I ever not that they need me to do anything to make it official. Clearly it was a big thing. It was all over the merchandise, it was all over everywhere. It was like the marketing slogan. And I don't know who came up with it, and I don't, you know, I don't want to offend them. I just when that became like what Louisville's like, that's our tagline, l one C four Louisville First Cards forever, from the second I heard it until today at five point thirty six August fourteenth, twenty twenty four. I find it to be very, very, very corny, and I'm glad that it's kind of dead. I mean, I'm sure you'll still find people hashtagging it. I'm sure you'll find people wearing gear that says it. You may run into a fan that says it, and you know, it doesn't make me angry. It didn't make me, didn't make me, you know, want to call them out and say, hey, don't you do that again. We killed that, we buried it. It's dead, don't bring it back. It was terrible, but like for me personally, it got to me because I'm a I mean, look, I'm Cardboy, right, I'm I'm a Diard loisvill fan. Like anybody else you know that that is is among the family of Louisville fans that is really into it. So I felt bad, Like, man, I kind of hate that, but I shouldn't because I'm a Louisville fan. Like it was. It was healthy for me to learn at that point you can still be a big fan and just like know that there's certain things that like you just don't think are Like, for example, those uniforms we talked about last week, which by the way, you can buy those in stores now. The U of L uniforms that have yellow letters on them making them look like Ronald McDonald, those are hideous. Those are that's not even Louisville's colors. Doesn't mean I'm not a louisvill fan. If they wear them, I'm not going to be bothered. I'm not going to not go to the game or watch because they're wearing them. But like I can tell you and no, deep down it doesn't have any impact on my fan that those uniforms are hideous. So there's that. Does that? Do you think that was strong? Is that? Like you know, I mean, I don't even know if you know or even care about l one C four, but like the so I feel like I feel like that would be unpopular.
Speaker 1: I was in high school when I believe that was like the big tagline for Louisville, and I mean people my age embraced it. I don't know if I ever really thought about it being corny. But now that I'm older and I guess have a bigger concept of things like that being corny and cringe, I think I'm with you on that.
Speaker 2: Like, it doesn't it doesn't, it doesn't harm anything. It doesn't like, it's not detrimental to the brand of U of l Athletics because it's just it's just my opinion, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, like now, if they were coming out with a new tagline today, I don't think that would be it. I think there'd be a lot more self awareness with it.
Speaker 2: Maybe. I just I just searched for hashtag l one C four on Twitter and went to the latest tab to where it shows you like the latest, and there's still people that use it. So you know, it's not what is It doesn't new? Is it? It just go cards?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Now? L's Up was a thing, so I guess it. Really that's a good question to maybe ask Josh Hurt. Now he definitely lets his team in marketing and miss Stockwell and her group like they're marketing branding, like they do a really good job in that regard. So you know, Josh may tell you to ask them. But I know L one C four became a thing right around the Tom Lowell was joining the ACC, and I know Chris Mack he had L's Up obviously. Right now, Pat Kelsey is revival. I mean brom squad, that's one I've always used with football. Maybe there's one that's you know, uh. And sometimes they'll create their own hashtag for like a new era of players with a like a recruiting class. So you know again, I share that just to know that, like a lot of people, if you come out and say L one C four is really corny and I wish they never used it, and I wish they wouldn't use it again, people would look at you like, what are you talking about? Like that's that's our that's our brand. So that's why I feel like it's unpopular maybe maybe more than anything. This should be labeled on my end instead of unpopular opinion, it should be insecurities as a fan, because.
Speaker 1: You know, India just introduced a new hashtag, never Daunted. It's from the fight song.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 1: I feel about it.
Speaker 2: But do you know who for tweeted that that. I realized what is this? And then I looked into it and found out what it was.
Speaker 1: Who was it?
Speaker 2: Rick Bosic? Oh okay, that doesn't tell you he's sigged up.
Speaker 1: He is sigged up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Bosich. He's gonna be walking around. He can't smoke at press conferences, but he's gonna have a cigarette in his ear when he's waiting for Signette to get done with the game, and he's letting everybody know that once he walks out of what's Indiana Stadium.
Speaker 1: Called Memorial Stadium.
Speaker 2: Once he walks out of Memorial Stadium, he's lighting up for signette baby.
Speaker 1: Instead of the signature. Laugh, it'll be like a cough in the background. Here we're posting the press conference.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there you go, dude. They should have you do that before the team runs on the field.
Speaker 1: I hope in the in the pregame hype video that there's someone lighting a cigarette or a cigar in the background. I doubt there will be, but I'd be all for that.
Speaker 2: All right, I got another I got another unpopular opinion that you know, I think some time has passed therefore, you know, it's probably not going to be something that seems to be so unpopular. But I feel like Rick Patino should have been fired after the Minoriti Hall thing because it did it did a lot of damage to I think the brand of U of L. And I don't mean just the fact that like that happened at Minorti Hall, because I mean I do actually believe that it's not some crazy like again, we don't need to get into it today certainly not the day to do that, but I mean the timeline and the amount of money, And again I get uncomfortable and gross thinking about it, because the way if I don't, if even if I lay this out exactly the way I want it to want to lay it out, it's still going to sound, at least to an extent, like I'm defending it like it wasn't awful and it wasn't a big deal. And I never want to do that because it's gross. But it wasn't some elaborate thing to where every weekend there or stripper parties and a ton of money was exchanging hands. We're talking about a handful of times over multiple years, and a very small amount of money doesn't make it okay at all. But what I'm saying is that makes it a little bit more plausible that Rick wouldn't know. And anybody who thinks Rick Patino would know of this and encourage it to get players like he would never He would literally murder Andre McGee if he knew ahead of time what he was planning and doing, like anybody who knows Rick, who knows the ongoings of the program at that time, like shady stuff I'm sure happened, because I'm sure it happened everywhere to an extent, but like the fact that Patino was behind Katina Powell and her crew, like that's just nonsense. But again, it still happened. And I think when you have something of that magnitude happen and you, I mean, you don't know when you're the head coach and something like that went on, Like again, you're still responsible for your pro and more than anything, nobody getting fired, not a single person losing their job at the University of Louisville after that scandal and them punishing themselves by taking away a tournament and then just assuming that because they did that that there'd be no further punishment, Like I think it damaged the brand to some to some extent in regards to that we don't care about anything, you know what I mean, Like we're we're untouchable. Our coach is untouchable. He's Rick Patino, He's like it made it look as if Rick is in fact bigger than the program. And I think you can never you know, and you can never operate it that way ever, so I think had you and by the way, for those who think, well who did get no, he got fired because of the Brian Bowen thing, which actually to be honest with you, would have never happened if he did get fired, because Louil wouldn't have been involved in that whole thing. But I think that he truly was, like completely like the one thing that did get him fired. I do think he was innocently just you know, it was just bad luck for him as far as how it played out, and because he's such a high profile coach, they they wanted to make an example out of him. All Right, this is probably not that unpopular, but I know at least some would disagree, And if you're younger, you may not disagree, but you may just not believe me because you're so young. But I believe that the Louisville football team from two thousand and four is the best Louisville football team we've ever had here. That team, I mean just completely completely loaded. They ended up going eleven and one, eight and zero. Their only loss was at Miami, who of course had a gazillion NFL players on that team. They beat number ten Boise State, who was an undefeated team at that time in that bowl game. And man, that roster are that roster and that staff. I mean, Louisville was still in Conference USA at the time. Therefore it wasn't he just didn't get the same level of you know, it just didn't get the same You did not get the same notoriety that you would at eleven and one if you were in the Big East. But I mean they were at roster, had some really good players, and I think, you know, it's hard to say that. I mean, there's no conversation with the best quarterback ever for Louisville because of Lamar Jackson coming here and doing what he did. But I think Stefan Lafour's to me in that season and really just his career. He only played two years as a starter because he was behind Dave for going, but pre Lamar, I was still willing to put Stefan as the best quarterback that I ever watched play here, ahead of Teddy, ahead of Brian. That's just how special that group was. So I don't know how controversial or unpopular that is, but I would imagine most would not agree that that's the best LOOVL football team of all time. But that's what I think. Last one. This is more recent, and I made this pretty clear throughout, and you know, there's no sense in dwelling on it because it's in the past, and you know, things are good now, I believe, but I still believe that Kenny Payne, his situation at u of L was not handled correctly by the administration. What I mean by that is those that kept saying, well, what do you want him to say? Like, I still think everything I said about Kenny about the administration, I still stand by. It doesn't mean you have to agree. And again it doesn't matter now because it's over. But the silence and the blatant goofs that made the brand take hit after hit from this clown show of a staff, things that you know, not even like you don't even have to be like the way the whole thing played out with Karan Davis and the two statements and the staff wearing Nikes in it. You know, when you have the biggest Adidas deal in the country and you know, not knowing you need to hire refs for an inner squad red white scrimmage. Like, there were so many goofs that showed that this guy was just in comp take away wins and losses, take away the games, just he could not. He was embarrassing to this program in a way that I hope if we ever get even in the same planet as to that big of a debacle, which we never will if we tried. And I mean that someone needs to be out in front, and you know, there's no good thing to say when that's happening. There isn't. But that's why that's a tough job. You know, many times people have to get in front of a microphone and a camera to address the obvious thing that's going on when they know there's not a single thing they could say as far as words that's going to make anybody feel better, that's going to make it all go away. But the silence I feel like was a huge, huge miss. But again, Louisville fans are so passionate, they care so much that in the end, you know, in the end it probably won't matter because you've got to do a lot more to us. I mean, think about the little basketball fans have gone through in the last ten years collectively. We ain't going anywhere. We'll ride it out for hopes of better days, which I do think those better days are here. So again, I know that's probably not the right time to say this with the vibes being so good for Louisville hoops, but I still think that the Year two could have been, you know, from a pr perspective, handled a lot better. But we're at a time quick break. We'll come back and wrap it up on the other side.
Speaker 1: Here wrap it up rising one more time from the pool zone. As we mentioned earlier, is Nick Coffee here in this final segment.
Speaker 2: Just imagine me walking out of the pool with just water, listening off my rock hard, muscle filled body. I have no yeah, I have no hair. I was gonna be like doing some kind of like fabio thing to you know, dry my hair off, but I have none of that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, a good song to do that too. By the way, the one we just played, Yeah, I love eminem it. It's the Nick Coffee vibe.
Speaker 2: I feel like, so you know what that uh you know what that song reminds me of with that, not the minem, but the that's a sample of a song. But the Night at the Do you know what that is?
Speaker 1: The movie?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, you probably haven't seen it, you know, yeah, you don't need to watch it. It's old, but it would have made me sad if you didn't know what it was, because it's actually it's it's like early Will Ferrell and it's Chris Catan, who I feel like never gets it, never gets the love he deserves because he's he's really funny. But anyways, yes, no more water shows after today, so I'll be above water and uh and in good shape to you know, do the show normally, but actually think all things consider. Not to pat ourselves on the back here, but I feel like we made we made it work today. We had some we that's the day of the game. That's a show today, that's what we aim to do. So if you've missed any of the show, make sure you down on. The podcast will be up here soon and we will talk to you guys tomorrow. Have a go one. This has been Coffee and Company Field Matt Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety