Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's Jack.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to talk to you today about a way that you can help support the podcast if you're not already to support the channel is to become a Patreon member. So we have Patreon memberships that started just five dollars a month, and when you sign up, you get access to all of our episodes add free. That's the big bonus for that. I mean, we also do some Patreon bonus episodes for our subscribers, but this is the biggest and best way that you can support the Teamhouse channel and podcast if you'd like to, and we really appreciate that, So go and check us out at patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, welcome to another episode of Iizon and I'm going to jump right to the chase. We've got Jack back on along with the customary in Criminals, both the d and Jason. Jack welcome aboard. I'm not going to use up your star space here by blabbing, So talk to us, man. What do you what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: My thought what like about life?
Speaker 3: Or yeah this is your arena?
Speaker 4: Jack, what do you think about the state of masculinity in the United States today?
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, you're talking to that's the wrong Jack Murphy. You need to go talk to the other guy, that's and he'll help you out with that.
Speaker 3: I forgot we had d on the show. Okay. Let's yeah, I mean, let's start with current affairs. You know, yes, Saurah, Mick and Mark on recently you know, events in the the least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean all of you guys have seen what's going on in the papers, and you know I follow it too, and you know, my, my, my thought about it is that there are, yes, some like really impressive operations that the Israelis have pulled off over the last month or so. Definitely did a lot of disruption of terror now works, definitely took some chess pieces off the board and set has Belah back probably at least a few years. And all that is is quite impressive. But on the other hand, I also can't help but think about the War on Terror and that we did that for twenty years and still lost the war. At least we lost in Afghanistan, in Iraq. I mean, we protected America thankfully, But.
Speaker 1: That's that's. Yeah. If you don't have.
Speaker 3: Any political the problem remains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you don't have a political solution that you're aiming towards, that there's a there has to be a political resolution to the conflict. Then I mean, you keep killing people all day, every day. And the Israelis have experienced this too. I'm not telling them anything they don't already know. You know, they've been down this road many times. And I mean, maybe you know it sounds crass, but I mean maybe it really is just a delaying strategy and like, you know, we're trying to delay this a few more years until hopefully a political resolution presents itself, because otherwise it doesn't seem like they really have like a long term strategy here. And I hear all of these people kind of talking out their ass about how like Hezbollah is finished, They're done, this is over, Like no, no, no, this is not over. This is the this is the beginning, not the end.
Speaker 3: Yes, the taken taken individually, I mean, these these moves have been have have certainly been debilitating, the kind of interesting and as the story emerges on, you know, both the Patrio attack and Walkie Tolkah attack and then the subsequent assassinations going off to the headquarters there in Beirut, it. It seems that this wasn't so much part of the widest strategy as kind of uh long targetsubupit tunity. You know, they had been targets of opportunity for a while, but now seemed like the right opportunity combined. But the real kicker here, I think, and this is why everyone is obviously on the edge of their seat the invasion part. The incursion part was the really controversial part. You know, the Nettan Yahoo's generals had offered, had argued the separately for it back in October. We're perhaps less confident now, but did did push for an incursion using just special operations forces? But to your point, at some point they have to withdraw.
Speaker 2: Right I mean that, Yeah, this happened in what nineteen eighty three and then again in two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: I recall, yep, yeah, this will be the third Lebanon War. And of course, and of course Israel has a very painful lega see from the eighty two through two thousand one, two thousand and two invasion, and you know, it was kind of their Vietnam and it was and it was the first time Israel was was shown in the role of Goliath rather than David. But anyway, I'm sorry, lot, but but my point is, ah, yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent. And and the real, the real sensitive part is the withdrawal, Right, what happens after you because you've got to you either stay either an occupy or you withdraw these guys the and and that is what what is left behind is going to be the tough part. Israelis don't you know, they don't believe in and clear and hold and build the way we do. They you know, they clear, and they rely, they clear, they hold briefly in their ally on other people to come in and build afterwards. And and that I think is the opportunity for the you know, hate say international community, but it really is. To your point, his ballers hold on Lebanon has been weakened significantly for the first time perhaps in a couple of decades. This would perhaps be the time to finally enforce you know, UN resolution seventeen oh what is it, seventeen oh one? I think, yeah, finally right, And and for the Lebanese government to to kind of get a grip and move ahead as an independent sovereign entity free of his pot you know, this sounds naive, but my point is this is the only opportunity, the greatest opportunity Lebanon the international community has had, and Israel's not going to follow. You know, Israel's not going to build this. We us international community should be ready to otherwise. Otherwise it's a third Lebanon War, and there's going to be a fourth, and a fifth and a sixth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, my view at the moment leans towards the latter option. But like I said, this isn't the end, it's the beginning.
Speaker 3: And we haven't even talked about the relatives of the forty thousand or so casualties in Gaza. You know, they that that's the one thing that we sometimes forget, we don't factor in an encounterinsurgency, is that we're not you know, we're not dealing with statistics. We're dealing with human beings. And for every dead person who is a family member, there are there are waves of anger and retribution. We mirror image in other ways, but we don't mirror image our enemy or the civilian population and that way and realize the depth of anger that we are creating. I say, we you know, because we've done this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, people get upset sometimes when I pointed out it's a controversial issue, I get it. But what has happened in Gaza over the last year is going to haunt Israel for the rest of its days.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any They've moved the corner. They went around a corner in several different ways. I mean, what happened in October seventh chattered israel sense of security maybe forever, and then the response in Gaza, and that's something that's going to haunt Israel for a very long time.
Speaker 3: Yes, certainly, I think it's I think it's changed Israeli's perception of themselves. You know, it's undermined. There was always there's always this feeling of of kind of the plucky.
Speaker 1: Nation right with right on the right, Yeah, the underdog.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I think in the eyes of the number of Israelis, that's been tested. But it doesn't matter that it's been tested, because fear has caused them, the whole, the whole country, to to you know, really solidify on this base that is to the outside well rather alaming. Right. This looks pretty extreme and it certainly obviates any potential for a two state solution, you know the way that.
Speaker 2: Yes, we've never been further away from that than now.
Speaker 5: I think the whole topic of normalization in the Middle East between Israel and Arab countries period has been fractured. You know, that was it was looking pretty good for a while there a few years ago. But I think this might might have started to call some cracks. I mean, that could be wrong on that, but that's what it seems.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one of the arguments, right, that the Iranians wanted October seven to happen in order to spike the normalization of relations between Israel and Saudi Arabia, and Saudi Arabia of course being Sunni, Iran being Shia. That's like the Cold War of the Middle East, right, that those two nations are kind of pitted against one another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, to be you know, to be sure and to be very clear for everyone, no crocodile tears for his Bala or as Rahsrala. I mean, yes, I mean, we're all delighted that the organization is on the ropes. The question here is is it part of a bigger strategy? And if not, then his Bolla will return and will return probably stronger than before, because that is that that's you look through the site. It doesn't matter who's been leading his bolla, that is what has happened in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a mess.
Speaker 3: On that note, though, what's what's going on? I was going to say, from what a mess to on that note, what is what's going on in your life? Jack? But I do want to say that because I think that our audience doesn't get enough of you. In fact, a lot of a lot of our unfanned mail, you know, beyond Hey, why you guys are we want to see LEVI is we want to see more of Jack.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think you get those emails. I think that's a lie.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I just got back last week from a trip to Kyrgyzstan in Kazakhistan.
Speaker 1: That was really fun. I was over there.
Speaker 2: Hiking, horseback riding, cruising around Bishkek and Almadi. There's a real eye opening trip, a lot of fun. Like I'd love to go back. I'm actually hoping to go back.
Speaker 3: You went to Kugaskan on vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically, I mean my girlfriend is from there, so I mean I had a pretty squared away tour guide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, yeah, excellent. You tried out the horse's milk es.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I drank the fermented horse milk. It was awesome. Uh, partook in the manly sports of horseback riding in the mountains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of that, nice.
Speaker 3: Bare chest did So anyway, welcome, welcome back from that. What are you thanking?
Speaker 2: And well, let's see, uh where I've been reading this new book, David mccloskey's new spy novel, The Seventh Four. We're gonna have him on the team house. Not this week, I think next week we have him coming up. Interesting guy. He was a CIA analyst.
Speaker 1: And oh and then the other thing too.
Speaker 3: So hey, so that book is, uh, it's a novel. Check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's a novel.
Speaker 2: Mkolsk was a CIA analyst and he's written three spy novels, Damascus Station, Moscow X, and this new one that just came out, The Seventh Four. I wasn't a huge fan of Damascus Station, didn't really do it for me, but I did. I really enjoyed Moscow X. That was a cool, cool novel. And the Seventh Floor is a is a counterintelligence story.
Speaker 1: It's a mole hunt. And I've been enjoying it so far.
Speaker 3: And so what about the agency? How Jason, of the these books, I mean, are they well acclaimed within the agency or are they?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I have to I check them out.
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 5: I've heard of McCluskey, but I haven't read the book. So but I'm sure if it made it to the past publication review.
Speaker 6: That you know, do they have to do that even for fiction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you can still insert uh, you know, methods and procedures in there, you know, under the guise of fiction.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it still has to go through.
Speaker 4: It's a very good book. The Moscow action is incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that whole review protests took nine months to my book. I was going to say, I was going to ask you how long years too?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got it was. I can say that it was bogged down by the intel community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Did.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask, like, did you have to just submit it to d O D or did it have to go through other agencies?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 3: It went It starts at the at d O D and then it goes and then they you know, so I know, I know they sent they sent a copy to anyway, it doesn't matter. They sent it to different agencies, and they sent it within d O D to dev group and and you know, any any organization that might have been and so any organization can come back and say, hey, we want this to be redacted. And I was lucky I got away with some minor I thought were quite minor points. But I've been careful writing the book. I thought, you know, I wrote a lot about signals intelligence targeting, and I knew everything that I wrote there was precedent in open source, you know, which because that's the only way to do this right. There's no you know, you don't want to be you don't want to be ice breaking when it comes to releasing information. So you know, I'd look at, okay, can I write about that? And I'd find somewhere where it was written about, which is laborious, but it got me through the final check. And actually, there's a huge amount out there in open smace information about targeting methodology and signals and diligence. There is no I mean, most people would agree there's very little you cannot learn from open source intelligence.
Speaker 2: I have a friend of mine written novels and he had to submit to both d O D and CIA, and they ended up killing basically killing his series, you know, because both D O D and CIA wanted the first look, and he's like, I can't give both agencies the first look.
Speaker 1: That's not possible.
Speaker 2: It was like basically they found a bureaucratic way to stop him from writing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now, Jack, with your books, did you have to go through a reviewer?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't put any of my books through a review. I put an article I wrote through D O D review once. I'll never do it again. It was absolutely it's absolutely a political process.
Speaker 1: And I had a lawyer going to them.
Speaker 2: I mean it was bizarre because I'm showing them point by point, like how is it that you cleared this information here in this publication, but suddenly it's reclassified again when I'm writing the exact same thing, Like it's politics, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not about that starting information.
Speaker 3: It's exactly. It becomes for its critics, it becomes the facto censor ship. Yeah, and what Jack's talking about, Uh, it is something that is has been kind of validated by a series of lawsuits against DO O D where law authors had said, how come you block me for this, but now you released it here and there's certainly is a perception that if you are being critical of D O D in your book, you're going to get a much mo harder ride when it comes to getting play it ful security.
Speaker 2: And my, my, the article I submitted was very pro us army. It was like, good job, boys, you know you've done well.
Speaker 3: That's that's why it made people suspicious?
Speaker 2: And what else was I going to say on that though? But yeah, yeah, the review process is bullshit.
Speaker 3: So you're about to show us the book in the background.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: So the other thing I've started working on, it's in the nascent phases, is uh, I haven't read any of these books yet, but these are books about the military liaison mission in Berlin or in the Cold War, these ones too. So this is my like full winter reading that I'm i gotta get on. So the military liaison mission was under like I think it was under the Four Powers Agreement that governed Berlin after the end of World War Two. The way Germany was chopped up was that you know, American, French and British military liaisons in uniform in an official vehicle could go and drive into Communists held East Germany, and the Soviets could do the same, they could come over to our side and do the same, just sort of like a as like an inspection to make sure everyone's following the rules basically, but those openings were used for all manner of espionage by both sides. And I've been talking to some of the Special Forces guys who were assigned to the Military Liaison mission, and there is some epic, epic stories that I don't think I've ever been written about before that I'm looking forward to chronicling a lot of stuff like stealing Soviet military technology and then reverse engineering it, putting guys up across the border and getting pictures of tactical ballistic missiles that weren't supposed to be there.
Speaker 1: Dudes actually like getting up.
Speaker 2: Under the tarp and crawling into like the brand new T seventy two tanks and taking like in there, taking pictures, like just really cool stuff.
Speaker 1: So that's that's something I'm working on right now.
Speaker 3: I guess a lot of that was pretty it very you know, I don't know if it was classification levels at the time, but you know, it's kind of also eclipsed by what was going on in Vietnam. But that I mean that the story the stories you've been you've been recounting and researching at being really fascinating. Yeah, who knew, because you know, I was still at the COBOL. Must have been a really boring time. I mean, it was a boring time I was there. Thank you, Phil. I've done a pang about my knee jack. It was so soil, the paper's chained to the wall. But it was generally a very boring time in the military. So when whenever I see Cold War, you know, Cold War whatever, except for Cold Wall's Spy obviously those books are interesting Cold War Warrior, I'm like, uh, you know, how boring. Uh, But but you you know, if you you bring up a like a genre that's not not well known, but yeah, kind of at the core of our ethos.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, the probably probably the reason why I'm still doing this job. Like what have I been working this for like twelve years or something like that, thirteen years is I mean, there's always something new to learn, There's always something interesting and surprising. And like the article I was complaining about that I submitted to d O D Review that was about Special Forces Detachment A in Berlin, and I wrote that and I was like, Okay, I unraveled the mystery and then said, only the m L E thing lands in your lap. And it's like, oh shit, there's all this other stuff going on. There's there's always more and more, you know. My I wrote a I wrote a book that's coming out in December that's going to have a huge amount of Special Forces history that's never been published before. And one chapter is Detachment A. Another chapter is about Detachment K in Korea, and then blue Light Green Light, and then the Commander's in Extremist Force. And I just added like five more pages to the manuscript about the creation of C three seven, which was Seventh Group's fifteen down in Panama, and there's a whole epic story about how they they got stood up and did some chicanery to get the facilities and weapons that they needed to do that job.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I ended up just this was before just Cause, so this would have been ninety eight. So the tasking for C three seven, I believe came in seventy seven, and I think they finally got it up and running in nineteen eighty. They got like a year extension to get that going. So like all this stuff is happening in tandem with the creation of Delta Force and these other counter terrorism capabilities. You know, they're trying to do these stand these elements up at the same time.
Speaker 3: What are they using a sem model?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's interesting. So Charlie Beckwick absolutely was using the SAS as the model for Delta Force. Hence why they have squadrons and troops and so on. When when when they stand they stood up? C.
Speaker 1: Three seven.
Speaker 2: Colonel Chuck fry who is the Battalion commander of third Battalion, seventh Special Forces Group at the time, he called up Charlie, who he had served with in Vietnam and asked, hey, do you have any lessons learned, like best practices as I as I stand up this this counter terrorism element in seventh Group. And Colonel Frye reports that Charlie told him fuck off, Fry and like hung up the phone.
Speaker 3: That was that so and so and so it began there.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So a lot of the Special Forces counter terrorism capabilities came out of the Blue Light experience. Nineteen seventy seven seventy eight, they had their own interim counter terrorism force called Blue Light at Mott Lake in Fort Bragg, and a lot of those lessons learned after blue Light was deactivated, those lessons learned were kind of retained out at Mott Lake.
Speaker 3: Who we were they were they drawn from Special Forces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they were all Fifth Group guys, and almost all the n c O s were Vietnam veterans. They were like mac V SAG guys, Suntai raiders. A lot of them had served in the projects, you know, Sigma and Omega and so forth.
Speaker 1: These were these were very seasoned guys. And then the.
Speaker 2: Lessons learned, the TTPs they developed got retained in Special Operations Training, which was a course that was run into the like late nineteen nineties actually out at Mott Lake. And then the next generation of all of this comes around later on in the nineteen eighties when the SITH concept is becoming more formalized and they stood up Sephardic as a course to qualify SIFT Team members. And in order to do that and the way the SITH mission was structured to augment Delta Force in real life operations as an in extremist force, they had to harmonize the TTPs, right, they had to be on the same sheet of me. So there was a whole process where Sephardic and Phil Hansen, who was a former Delta Force member who helped stand up Sephardic, was a big part of that, and they had to go through all the binders and everything and basically take all the Delta Force stuff and condense it down to just what the SIF guys needed to know to execute their mission, the inextremist mission. And so that was sort of the next iteration that formalized it. And I think the first Sephardic course was probably ran in nineteen eighty seven, and then I think it got renamed as Sephardic and became more formalized in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 3: As I recall, check, let me ask you something about because I know that your relationship with you know, with the Army, but more specifically with special Forces and probably the Ranger Regiment probably similar to mine in the Marine Corps, you know, except the Marines just seemed to have a much greater hold. And I was in the military about sixty years longer than you. But aside from that, you know, it's kind of that that that pride at having been part of the institution, pride in their history. But at the same time also a determination to be absolutely blunt about the shortfalls in the organization that you love and and you know, it's the amra of the Green Berets, you know. My I can also say though that just like the marine call, they're a victim of their own legends sometimes. And you know, when it comes to and I will give you an example, when it comes to unconventional warfare. Oh my god, you know that that doctrine became almost a religion, and yet they just didn't. You had all the doctrinaires and they only MSF can do this. Meanwhile, in the real world, this ship was going on counterrisis, you know it was, but it was marines and sailors and and you know, Air Force as well as army guys doing this shit, not just Green Berets working out how to do all that stuff, working with the resistance and los all army. Doctrine didn't change one fucking iota. It didn't even ask for input from that, you know, because who are these non cognizante They're not part of the UW, you know. And and so the doctrine went on and pointing about auxiliaries and blah blah blah that I mean have you come across that. Do you think, though, do you think that that Special Forces R and D changing fast enough to adapt to what's going on? I mean, they aren't so great.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's a tough question the answer. And also I'm not quite current. I left the Army like fifteen years ago. But what I do know is that Special Forces has been conducting some experiments essentially about you know, messing around with their task organization of the ODA, the basic maneuver element of Special Forces. And there's all kinds of different thoughts and I'd have to look and see where exactly they're at with it. But they're looking to have like, you know, maybe an electronic warfare guy on the team, to have maybe a drone guy on the team, you know, maybe cyber to kind of like have these elements as being organic to the ODA structure and bumping the teams up from twelve guys to sixteen. That's something else they've looked at. I've even heard some stories about how like they want to have a Space Force guy on the team, which I think is ridiculous and will never happen. Maybe you'll have a Space Force guy up at group, you know, group level. But they are looking at these things and it's it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, a lot of.
Speaker 2: Something that was really influential on me, you know, was science fiction, honestly, and I mean I mean I have tattoos on me of the film Ghost in the Shell, which in this film it's a clandestine unit does direct action, disinformation, cyber warfare. And now it seems it took you know, till about today for the Army and the in Special Operations to come to the conclusion that we should have these blended capabilities.
Speaker 1: And one team. So it's interesting to see that starting to come about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all right, you know, I asked that question being equally critical by the way of the Marine Corps, but it's it is. Yeah, holding on to holding on to our traditions, holding on to the legends of the past are all hugely positive and and and until now it's been positive as far as projecting the ethos for the future. But I'll just give you an example, you know, I mean, the Marine Corps, the Marine Cops grappling with Hey, we need to really bring in a lot we we we need to bring in more guys who are you know, cyber oriented, ew oriented. We need way more of these guys than we do with a guy who can carry a sixty pound pack, you know, and strangle someone with a length of cheese want and that is you know, that's the image of the new Marine call. But it's not the image of the Marine Corps, you know. So how do you how do you reconcile all of this? I think I imagine a mes's wrestling with the same some of the same stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the military. I mean it's like the as you know, I mean, the military is what it is, and like as an animal, it's only so malleable. It's only going to change so much. And there's still I mean, there's still this sort of like vestigial aspects of military tradition dot com about you know, when you had illiterate drafteeves. We're not really there as a country anymore. You have, you know, people with high school degrees, if not college degrees. We're just in a different culture. And all this like standing around in formation and haircuts and stuff. It's kind of keeps people in an infantile state. I think, as I when I look back on it now, and I mean, of course there needs to be adult supervision, but some of that.
Speaker 3: Stuff, that's that's why it's cold the infantry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean and so, but I mean at the same time, I mean, look, that organization, like I said, is only going to change so much.
Speaker 1: We have to be realistic about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, certainly, the there's the requirement for kind of mass warfare does not go away. Absolutely, and yet and yet even that requirement for mass warfare becomes increasingly technical as the Ukrainian side.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's the fear.
Speaker 2: You know that we have these like legacy capabilities, you know, like uh, you know, mass tax static line parachuting, and a lot of people say, we'll never do that again, we'll never use that again. But it's one of those things that you get, you get rid of it, and then you know six months later you're gonna need it. There's always those feelings lingering.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to ask you something about totally unrelated But i know we're coming to the end of our of your very valuable time, and you've got to leave us to sign autographs and and and take care of your hair.
Speaker 1: Photographs, you know.
Speaker 3: But you know, I'm intrigued by the drive you as an investigative journalist. One thing, I you know, one point where you have been absolutely I use a cliche, laser focused. Has been kind of uncovering hypocrisy. And I admire that, all right, And I hate telling you admire anything, but I do. But but can you talk a little bit about that. I mean, you know, hypocrisy. I know you've gone there have been some we talked about the high profile officer cases, but it was never you know, the theory, the feeling like it was. It's never personal. It was just in a position, people in positions of authority and hypocracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people abusing positions of authority.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean so from like the Army's perspective, someone like me is a double edged sword, right. There are some people who feel that I can be an asset to special forces because I write this stuff, you know, I write these histories. There are some people who I mean, I've been called a cancer. I've been called the TMZ of Special Operations, all sorts of things.
Speaker 1: So there are some.
Speaker 2: People out there who are not huge fans of your pal Jack, and that's just that's just.
Speaker 1: The name of the game.
Speaker 2: I mean, I sometimes write, like you said, expose you know, some bad actors in the ranks and exposed some dirty laundry that's getting, you know, swept under the carpet. And when you do that about a closed off, insular group of people who are not used to outside criticism, naturally, there's gonna be some pushback from that.
Speaker 3: And is there a case you can is this something an example you can talk about where that's happened.
Speaker 1: I mean there are there, Yeah, there are many.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, there's there's quite a few out there, and I mean it's the form it takes well, I mean, it's it goes all the way from uh, you know, I had one person threatened to kill my daughter, and they'll they'll threaten to come after your family. Then there are other times where people threaten to come after you legally, and I have not been sued to this day, but you know that's the go to. Everyone threatens it right off the bat. And then yeah, but I mean it's it's interesting because I maintain a foot in both of these worlds, and there are former colleagues and teammates who I don't think would associate with me at this point, but there are others who do, and and there's a lot of support for what I do out there as well, and all of that is just comes with the territory, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, next Jack, I'm sorry, go ahead, Jayson.
Speaker 5: No, No, I was just gonna say it would probably be less so if you didn't have one foot in their world. Yeah, if you were just an outsider trying to work your way in, they probably would be just like, pardon my language, but like.
Speaker 3: Just fuck off.
Speaker 5: Whereas with now, because you know, they can say certain things and you're like, yeah, that's bullshit, you know, because you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that drive that drives some people nuts. And it's funny the way they always want to like re litigate my military career. It's like, man, that was that it's like going it's like going back in time and re litigating your little league games. At this point, Yeah, like I'm a little I'm a little you know, long in the tooth. You know.
Speaker 1: It's so.
Speaker 2: But but that's because they assumed that I'm like them, and that the military is my thing and and my time in the army. Is this like the only thing I have going on in my life, and it's an important part of my life. But it's also quite a ways in the rearview mirror at this point, and I enjoy what I do today and I like it so.
Speaker 1: But you're right, Jason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I wasn't, you know, sort of a quote unquote inside er, the response would have been maybe a little bit different.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think a good A good validation of that is the fact is just comparison between reaction towards you and say Sean Naylor. Right, you know, Sean Sean created I mean, when he came out with Relentless Strike, it created funeral. But when it all came down to it, there wasn't a lot no. I when when I heard military guys talk about Sean, it was like, yeah, fucking gentleman, that was a good book though, you know, I mean it was, but it was kind of okay, That's that's what we expect. He's a journal, he's a journal. He's he's kind of the enemy, you know. But there's a sneaking respect. And of course they have more than a sneaking respect for you, Jack, but but with you, when you say something in it, and I imagine to a lesser extent, far lesser me too, it just it hits something visceral and people wearing uniform because it looks like a betrayal. Right, you are you are violating murder? You are you know you you're criticizing cousin nostra publicly, and that that makes you a particular type of villain, you know. It's it's rubber.
Speaker 2: Everyone everyone has, Everyone has some claim the fame out there. Mine may be that I'm the most controversial former Green Beret.
Speaker 3: This well, there's infinitous. There's a couple more and actually one or two in jail right now. Who me you know who are in running for that title? Jack?
Speaker 1: It's a tight race, all right.
Speaker 3: Okay, so sweet raw to it close, you know, with with our whole hierarchy, chain of command, teamhouse and eyes on here. I'm gonna let you guys close this with whatever however you want to. And I'm simply going to sign off and say, this was a delightful conversation and very nicely game to see you all and to be able to talk to our audience.
Speaker 5: So it's it's just completely unrelated. But you're just talking about TMZ Jack, We're talking since they do there what is it their celebrity spottings, Our good buddy Victor bout the arms Dealer, yeah. He So apparently the HOUTHI sent some emissaries to Moscow to broker a it was like ten million dollar arms deal. It was what was supposed to be for like automatic weapons, and who met them?
Speaker 3: But about so he's back on the market.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so his apparently his attorney, I didn't know he was a New York based guy. His attorney declined to Moscow. Won't comment and who Thi's won't comment. But apparently there's video and pictures of it.
Speaker 1: That's got to drive CIA up the fucking wall.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Jack's books coming out December ninth. Check it out. We defy. The link will be in the description. You can pre order right now.
Speaker 4: Of course, Andy's book When the Tempest Gathers also in the description.
Speaker 6: Really good books.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do an audiobook right once you lock in the freaking manuscript.
Speaker 2: I think I think that Amazon has like AI loaded into it or something like that that will do an audi or.
Speaker 1: Text the speech. Yeah, okay, cool, I think they can do it automatically.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I kind of finished the manuscript yesterday. There's a great forward from former Secretary of Defense Chris Miller in the book, and now I just got a format, the paperback edition. So people keep asking me, is there's going to be a hard copying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is.
Speaker 2: I just can't set up pre orders on Amazon. They won't let you do it for the paperback for some reason.
Speaker 4: So ridiculous.
Speaker 6: It makes no sense why they don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: What's what's what's really cool though, is they're releasing the paperback the same time as odd back, right.
Speaker 2: Uh No, it's just paperback. There's not going to be a hardback. Yeah, so you'll but that will The paperback will be for sale on December ninth, on the release date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so check it out. The link is in the description. Very exciting.
Speaker 4: It's a good salogy.
Speaker 2: I'm stoked to finally get it out. And there may be there may be a volume two. We'll see how things go.
Speaker 4: What can people do to help support the show, both the Teamhouse and eyes On. They can go to patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse. The link is in the description. You get ad free audio and video, some bonus content things of that, early access to the eyes On episodes and stuf like that because I put them out early, so on Patreon. So help the show out. Excuse me, help the show out. I got it emotional. Uh, YouTube is crushing our souls. Jack can test to that. They're not playing ball and we're not happy with it. But YouTube's a big part of our show. So Patreon dot com slash the teamhouse please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, guys, thank you.