Speaker 1: Christy Love my guest for the evening. You know exactly where you can find her at CLCA sixty nine. Her new podcast, in Bed with Christy Love is available now on YouTube and anywhere you get podcasts. Links to all of our social media in the episode description below. At the bare minimum, folks follow these performers. It really helps them out. And then when payday rolls around, boom, you sign up for the good stuff. Also make sure you like subscribe this and that. Christy. After a quick misstep on my part, I want to apologize for that. Thank you so much for coming on with me tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you. It's such a pleasure.
Speaker 1: So first question, with all that you do, if you had to sum it up, what do you consider your job title to be, Because it's a lot yes.
Speaker 2: Pastor, porn star and stand up comedian.
Speaker 1: That is quite an eclectic mix, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, talk me through then maybe let me try and organize this in my mind. Talk me through how you got the title comedian first, and then I'd like to talk about how you got the title porn star first, and then later on in the episode we'll get to how you got the title pastor. So, how do you consider yourself a comedian? Why do you consider yourself a comedian? What kind of comedian?
Speaker 2: M hmm, that's a great question. Well, I have gone through so much pain and agony and trauma, so I figure it's cheaper to go do comedy then spend money on therapy. So with all the trials and trivilations that have gone through, I guess in the last do you have just pursued full I'm not full time, but just pursued it. And I tried to do comedy a couple times a week, whether it's performing or open mic.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, that's fascinating because I read comedian there and I was like, okay, to what extent? So you're actually going on stage in terms of this, You're not just like a girl who's funny with your other girlfriends. You're like, I'm a comedian. No, you are really doing comedy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, I have done some really cool stuff. I at least perform or get booked a few times a month, and I'm still brand news, so it's not as much as I would like. But I have a comedy coach that I do coaching like once a week and it's just so much fun. I in general, I love to perform, So being a pastor, a porn star, and standup comedian, we're all performing on stage all the time.
Speaker 1: You know, if we had to sum it up into one word, maybe that's what you or you are just a performer like Y give you, give you a medium or something to tackle. And it sounds like Christy's gonna jump into that and learn it and if you show interest in it, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, absolutely, Okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So then the big question is how did you initially get into the adult entertainment industry. What was your crossover from vanilla life into this world and was it positive?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: And I don't want you to harp on it if it's negative, like I don't want to come at you about it, But what was your trip into this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Actually it's so hard to say without talking about my faith because the order is pastor, born star and comedian. But just to the honest truth, I was planning, church planning and church Flanny wasn't making money. So I went on Crank's list and I was scrolling through when I found an ad that's it, hey work at home and make some good money. I was like click what is this about? And I was like, what is this? And I remember just looking around this website and I was like, what, There's all these women that are in lingerie or they're naked, and I'm like, I don't know if I want to do this. But at the time, it was so desperate, and you know, financially, when you're in a position of desperation, you know what you got to do. And so I that was, I would say, my gateway to the adult industry. And then eventually it's so hard to talk about it without the faith, but I got caught trying to you know, church plant at the same time and also webcamming. So I shut down the church and then continued to get into webcamming because hey, I still had to pay for the room for a head, you know. And then from there I just told my husband. I was like, hey, babe, what do you think I want to get into full time porn. We're not We're not in ministry anymore. And at the time, you know, we had it pretty we had a kinky relationship, and so I was like, what do you think about being getting to full time porn actually going into it, not just webcamming and that's kind of the gateway, you know, of me. Like he was like, whatever you want to do, I support you. So I was folding my d and I was like, yeah, I do want to do this.
Speaker 1: This looks fun, this is this is again, this is a completely judgment free zone. My my rule is my rule is just don't be in a room with a dog and you're good, okay. But but I have to say this, doesn't it seem a bit drastic or a bit real bot not like like polar shifting, Like wasn't dairy queen hiring for managers maybe? Or like hot I guess hot topic would probably put you in the same kind of trouble. But it seems so drastic to go church to I'm gonna do some kind of porn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, that's a great question. So the reason why I didn't go through that route, even though my husband did, is because, I mean, we were so broke at the time that our parents were paying. Let me just explain how broke we were. His parents are paying for a rent one one month, mine was another month, and we're still trying to run this church. We could not afford anything. They would even help out with groceries. And so I could go through the process of trying to be you know, we're at a grocery store or you know, whatever other jobs are there. But the process to go through that is you have to apply, you wait until they call you. You then have to do an interview, and when you do, you're competing against all these people. Then you wait until they call you back to see if you made it in the finals, and then you just hope and pray that you just get booked. You usually don't go through the process of hey, I need a job, like right now, because if I don't get a job right now, then my parents are gonna have to pay for another month. So I need something now. So well, Kim, provided I need a job right now, Okay, just fill out this form, give me a couple hours to verify you're eighteen and over, and boom you can start working. Yes, great deal, all right.
Speaker 1: So it was it was immediate then, But let me ask, Let me ask this was there. Maybe you said your relationship you had, you know, you had been a little you know, I don't know what term you used. I don't want to say freaky if that's not what you said.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Non conventional. Let's say, let's put it that way. Did that? And I know there's so many different branches and everything else, But was this always a little bit in you, like maybe like, yes, you have your religious side and you believe in that and it's strong with you, but maybe there's a little part where you're like, I am a little hyper sexual and when this comes along, yes, I can wait for the process over here and this and that, this is pretty immediate. I can do this right now, and I really don't mind doing it. Was that ever a consideration for you that.
Speaker 2: To be honestly truthful, No, I was not even a kinky kind of person at all.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: What opened that side of me was actually webcamming and the possibilities and all that stuff. So backtrack, I was, you know, I was molested and raped, you know, as in my child and adolescents, and so every time I had any type of sexual interaction in my mind, I correlated that with pain, and so I wish I could say, oh my god, I was just like this franky person. But the truth is, my story is completely different. I started webcamming, and you know, I did so well because people saw how innocent I was. They were like, oh my god, this girl is like, she doesn't even know what anything is, and that was so hot for all these men seeing like this girl next door she doesn't know what she's doing. So I did really well as a webcam model, but I started to see a shift go go plummet down and I ended up having like a webcam mentor and she's like, you need to learn to actually be authentically horny, and I was like, I didn't know how to correlate, how to be that. I was just acting all the time because I did not enjoy it at all. I was just doing it for the money at the time. And when I started discovering like, okay, I had to learn to enjoy myself and my own body. And when I started doing that, I started really enjoying myself and then my husband, and then that open doors of like kind of being a little bit more explorative, you know, unconventional. So people say, oh, webcamming or you know, don't work destroys people, and my story is like no, it actually was so healing and it was very healthy for me because it liberated all the past traumas that I went through and shifted my mindsets to from being this is painful, this is bad, and even religious, and you know, religion tells you it's so bad, you're sinful, You're it's like the preach like it's an unforgivable sin. If you are in this industry, you're lost your salvation. You know, it's like that's how they preach. And and I realized, you know what it did the opposite for me. It healed me. It healed me of my trauma. It healed my relationship with my husband. So many men are out there cheating on their wives, and I'm sorry to say, because their wives are not, you know, being as sexual as they should be. So of course a human being, a human man is a horn like born horny. And so they go out and they they need release some other way if they're not being taken care of at home. And I know that's gonna piss off a whole bunch of women. But I talked to a whole bunch of cheating men, and a lot of them say, hey, I love my wives, but you know, after they had a baby, she just she just stopped and he needed an outlet. And so for me, I just felt like for my marriage, it has we have so much trust. We It healed me you know, we have so much love, our our intimate life is so freaking amazing, you know, And uh, I just I feel like for me it was overall a healing thing. Now, what do I say everyone should go through the adult industry. It's so healthy. I do see a damaging part of it, And I believe that's where people's journey and their own conviction everyone walks through out how they should live. Right, Like some people they shouldn't drink alcohol because they're addictive to they have an addictive personality. There's people out there who can drink a glass of wine and they're totally fine. So I feel like everyone has their own convictions and what is healthy for them and what is not. And I know that many people might look at me and be like, dude, I've never heard that adult or could heal someone never heard that story. But for my reality, that's the honest truth.
Speaker 1: Well, you know who says that is people who've never done adult work. You know a lot of people tell you all the shame you should feel, or the anger you should feel, or this and that, having never walked in your shoes. So I would say, as long as it's not destructive to other people, whatever you can do in life to heal yourself from such trauma you had at some point? Doesn't that make sense? And why should not that you do obviously, But why should anybody in life worry about the judgment of other people who, at the end of the day, aren't the ones given the responsibility of make you feel happy, make you feel human again?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: But but but I will say this, what piece of it can you give any piece of advice to any newer performer? I have a lot of newer performers that listen to the show and and check it out because they want to come on eventually, And this and that is there any advice you can give to any younger girls getting into it how to know if it is right? And again that is completely subjective to different people. But for you, did it click at some point? Like you said, you went in scared, You went in a little unsure of what to do, and then eventually it clicked. What was that? Was it a scene that you did where you went this just felt right? Was it something you did while camming where you just went that's it?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: This is how this is how I feel horny. Now, this is how I feel aroused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that if you treat this as a business and you don't treat it as this is something that is here to fulfill me, that's when it becomes healthy or unhealthy, just like any under entertainment or in any social media influencer. And what I mean by this is that I'm going to give an example because I see this also in a lot of social media influencers. Like there was this woman who had millions and millions of followers and she's so famous. She was a big time TikToker, and everywhere we would go, everyone would stop and be like, oh my god, I can't believe it's you, right because she was so big, but she dealt with a lot of mental issues and she started spiraling, spiraling down even further because her validation was the praise from people. That's what made her confident. That's what made her feel uh whole, Yes, yeah, whole. But see, I will say that is a very very bad reason to become a social media influencer. And the reason why is because when people praise you, you're like, hey, I'm on top of the roof. But let me tell you, when not everyone's gonna like you, there's gonna be people out there who are gonna hate you, that are gonna bash you. They're gonna, you know, do TikTok videos about you, and you know, talk crap and make up crap and try to stalk you. And so it brought down her mentality so low. And you see a lot of people that they and sometimes it's so bad they that they even end their life because they cannot handle the pressure. And so, whether you're an adults worker, you're a famous uh social media influencer, if your motive is for let me fulfill myself, let me fill my whole, then whether your reason is the affirmation of people, whether it's money, whatever it is, is going to control you and will be pretty much your god. But if you look at as this my motive is, this is my business, You're going to look beyond like how can I impact other people's lives out whether I'm gonna My perspective is that if people talk crap about you, it's not going to affect you. If people praise you, it's not gonna affect you. If money comes in, it's not gonna affect you. If money comes is a low season, it's not gonna affect you. Because your your motive is not about those things that are kind of controlling your life. I don't know if I'm making sense.
Speaker 1: That makes total That makes total sense to me. I've been playing around with this stupid analogy in my head and I couldn't figure out if it made sense or not. It's like when you if you drive one hundred miles an hour, Okay, there's an exhilaration and joy, you know, but that can't be your only joy and exhilaration in life. Because you got to turn off the highway at some point point right, you have to go a residential road. You're gonna have to drive twenty five. So make it so you just enjoy the act of driving. If you're able to make it so, you enjoy it. In this analogy, enjoy the act of driving, and when it hits one hundred, you can go, this is very nice. And when you're doing twenty five, you go, this is nice too. I enjoy this. That was kind of the analogy I was putting together. If if you base your life on stats, or on achievements, or on this and that, rather than just putting in the work you feel like you are capable of putting in, it can really only end. Bad stats stop. At some point people drop off. You are old not you somebody. You are old news at some point, so you're gonna have to either reinvent or accept your new position in this next tier down. I hate to say that, I don't mean it like that.
Speaker 2: But right it's really yeah, yeah. And so I would say to any new person, and even every new person that comes up to me that says should I go into it or not? I always say, what is your motive? And make sure your motive is not is beyond yourself. So when it comes to business, it's like, my motive in general is like how can I impact at least one person a day? And so like right now as an entrepreneur, as a businesswoman, I'm like, I'm trying to make money, and my goal is I want me hopefully this year that I want to be able to have one time, full employee where she you know, I can pay, I'm able to help her pay for the roof over her head, live a comfortable life. She's she's spoken to me that she hopes to one day go back to college, and I'm like, I got to work my plucking ass off so that not only for me, but I can be a blessing to her and her life and her future, and so in everything we do, if your mindset is what can I do for others with what I got? Even in my fame, I'm like, Okay, I want to today maybe go on live and hopefully speak some word of encouragement to someone. And it's like, Lord, if you're gonna elevate me, elevate me so I can impact more people's lives. And if I have that mindset, it doesn't matter who hates me, who loves me, how much money comes in, how much money you know. Obviously, yeah we do get affected at times, but I make sure that my motive. If I as long as I focus on my motive and my reason, I can stay strong. I could keep persevering and I can keep running after and I want to feel like giving up or being drained.
Speaker 1: And that's what we have to fight every day, is by That's what I fight every day, is am I too drained to do this? And you have to go No, I'm not physically drained. Mentally, I can push myself into it and figure out and then you start doing it and you feel joy. You go, this is what I want it to do. I'm glad I push myself to do this. Let's talk about your podcast, in Bed with Christy Love, available on YouTube and everywhere else. Right, if you watch this episode, I'll say and leave a comment everything else, head on over and subscribe. A lot of people are starting podcasts. I started a podcast late. I started covid is what we started with this, and I originally had a co host and I decided to keep going. But I've wanted to do podcasting since Joe Rogan episode number thirty eight. He's on episode almost twenty five hundred now, and back then I went, my friends are funny enough, I can do this, and we never did. So let me ask you, with everybody starting podcast now, what is going to set yours apart? What are you bringing to You're bringing Christy Love to it, which is a huge bump right off the bat because you're an amazing person with amazing stories. But are you doing what is the mission of this podcast? What is your hope? Is it kind of what you said there, to spread knowledge? Is it to express yourself on a daily basis? Are you tackling like done daily news type topics? What is in Bed with Christy Love going to be to show.
Speaker 2: People that we're human and I have been judged a lot, and so I am giving out my story and I am also interviewing very many people, a lot of people from adult you know, sex workers to comedians to politicians to actors, and I want people to see these people and know that they're human side. It's kind of like I love this show The Boys like Warfront. It's like, you see these superheroes, You're like, oh my god, Homelander is so amazing, but then when you watch this show, you're like, oh, this man is a wacko. There's something behind him. But not just saying that, but in the I love that show because there shows the humanity of these superheroes. And for me, I'm doing it in the most you know, obviously uplifting light, not showing the negative side of people. But I want people to say, hey, we can look at someone and we can see them two sides of the story, but let me dig deeper into the real story of who they are. And so for example, I remember I was in ABNS and my makeup artist told me the story that she was doing this Talents makeup and all of a sudden, she took off her wig, and my makeup artist was done like whoa, you're completely bald, Like what the heck? And then she uh the talent goes up to her and says, yeah, I do porn to pay off my leukemia treatments. And so that hit me so hard. And after she told me that story, I mean it dug deep because I knew how many people judge people and they only know one side of the story. But if they heard the humanity, if they heard the other side of the story, maybe we could have a little bit more grace on people instead of instantly judge and hate people. And so pretty much that's what my podcast is about. You hear my story and my humanity side and the struggles I've had to go through. And I am humbled in privileged to be able to bring out stories of people who are famous or people who have been judged. And I want to show you here's another side of this story.
Speaker 1: Dubs and beautiful answer. Can I ask you a question and you don't have to give any information? Is and this is was that person an Asian porn star? Yes, I think I know who you're talking about, because I think I saw some scenes where the wig came off. I did not know. Maybe I don't know. I ask after the show, but I did not know that. But if so, that makes me have so much even more respect, Like I respected this person as a performer, and to hear that that's one that's very strong and powerful. It's also very sad, you know, in society at least.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk real quick about the content. I'm sorry to go from something so serious into this, but I do a thing called stat check on here. We use the Internet Adult Film Database. It is inaccurate, it doesn't include all of your stuff. It's gonna be wrong, but it's a nice little benchmark where we can go. We recorded it on this day, and these were how many scenes he had done and how many people he had worked with in this and that at the time. So for scenes, I have one hundred and ninety. For male talent, you've worked with eighty seven. For female talent, you've worked with fifty six. I only look at AVNS because there's so many different award shows. But I kind of just like to, you know, narrow it down. Three nominations, no wins yet, right, correct keyword yet? Okay? I wanted to go through a few of your scenes. So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna show the audience as much as I can, and I'm going to show you as my background a couple of scenes. So the first scene I have for you here is from Team Skeet. This was you with Naomi Starr, Alana bloom A, Crystal Davis, and the incredibly lucky David Lee that day. Apparently, when you do a scene with multiple women and one guy, do you ever get bored off to the side if you're not tied into the action, Like I'm looking at this picture here and you're all in the action here, but at some point you're sitting at that table just playing checkers or whatever it is you guys are doing. What are you doing? If it's one of those scenes where I'm not directly tied in, maybe the directors not going, you know, hey, kiss her or mess around with her this and that. Do you just kind of just sit off there looking all beautiful naked and not doing anything.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm so desperately wanting to watch. That's the truth, because sometimes, you know, we're forced to not watch and act like, hey, nothing's going on. Right. I guess apparently that's supposed to make this scene like hotter. So that's what's going on in my mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, I aboard it all.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, I want to watch that.
Speaker 1: The second clip, clip, video, screenshot, whatever you want to call it. I have here from you is from kink. Now. Did you have to be slowly talked into bondage and kink playing or was that something you were kind of excited to jump into. How did you work your way up to that? Because and again, and if I'm overstepping here, please let me know. With this stuff you said, it almost feels like you gained your control back through webcamming, but this is again another total loss of control. What put you in a position to be well, positions the wrong word to use there, But what put you in the spot to be able to be comfortable with then approaching those types of scenes and being willing to do them?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. Actually webcamming really changed my mindset about everything, so I when it comes to bondage and all that, I actually my favorite fetish is BDSM And I say I'm a I'm a switch naturally a sub, but I prefer to be dominant. So being tied up and just fully allowing someone to take it whatever they want feels so freeing and refreshing for me, Like just to be like, okay, I'm giving everything to you, to trust that you will read my body well and that you will give me full pleasure, and just having that ability really, what can I say? It Just it's so freeing.
Speaker 1: Did you did you know your limits already going into shooting something like that or was it a process working with the director saying I think I'd be comfortable with this. Did you have to pull back at all while doing any shoots? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was one shoot that I has traumatized me. Oh man, so this you know one of he was a like producer and the actor. He said, hey, do you want to do you do needle play? And I have never heard of needle play. I was like what I was like, and in my mind was stupid me. I didn't ask questions, but in my mind I thought it was like occupuncture, and I thought, oh, you know, that sounds pretty cool, you know, like I'm thinking occupuncture all over my little tits and being fucked. I'm like, yeah, I think I would be open to that but I didn't ask what needle play was. I just assumed what it was. So he says, well, before we do it on camera, let's just give it a try. I'm like, okay. So he grabs a needle. The whole time I'm thinking it's occupuncture. He grabs my nipple, pulls my nipple, and boom right through the the Yeah, the nipple right, and I'm screaming because in my mind it wasn't what I thought it was.
Speaker 1: In your mind, you just got stabbed in the tit. I mean, like, you know, if you were on the street and that happened, that's a felony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I freak out. I said no, no, no, no, no, I do not like this. So apparently I didn't know that I was traumatized until after this scene because I used to love my nipples being played with. Now I don't touch there. I am like, I do not like to be touched in my nipples. It hurts every time someone even tries to touch it. It's very painful. And I realize it's from that moment I haven't traumatized, and I don't know to reprogram my mind.
Speaker 1: Wow, geez oh, I couldn't even imagine that. Well, let me ask you the inverse of that. Was there any limit you set early on that you eventually not gave in but decided to try a little bit and you realized you liked it or no.
Speaker 2: A lot. So I used to I have this rule that if I only do what I enjoy as a sub, that I will do to another sub when I'm domb And so I had I had these submissives who wanted me to verbally abuse them, and so I was like, you know, let me give this to try. And so I had these doms as a webcam model start to verbally abuse me. And can I just say, I used to be so sensitive. I will cry about everything you say one one thing about me, you look at me wrong, I will just take it so personal. I was so insecure, I mean really really bad until I started doing a verbal abuse in webcamming and shifted my mindset to taking things personable to getting so horny. Yeah. So it worked out perfectly because, as you know, time went and I started growing in fame, and I go back to when your people love you and people hate you, that when people hate me and they talk crap about me, write articles, all I do is grab my had tachi and.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I just I'm definitely not a submissive in my own life or with my wife or anything. But I can't imagine just being mean to a woman. That's all the you know, I still hold doors and call people ma'am. I've almost called you mam on this episode. You're younger than me. I just want to point that out. But uh no, I'm glad. I'm glad you learned how to process that because I'm still working on it. Because I won't say a mean thing to want unless she cuts me off in traffic. Then I'm out the window screaming you need to learn how to drive, get off the road. Shit like that. The third scene I have for you here, now, this is a crazy one. Uh uh. This is a scene from Girls' Way. Now. I've been to water parks before, but I haven't seen anything quite like this. You're a full on hydrant here. From what I can tell, How did you did you learn how to squirt while you were in porn? Or was that something maybe you discovered in your life and then you were like, hey, this is a skill I can bring over to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, webcamming is my gateway. So I was on a website. My first webcam site was flirt for Free, and I noticed all the top models were squirters. And so my story is, I said, hey, I went into my room one day, my cam room, and I said, who wants to teach me how to squirt? And one of the viewers said, hey, I taught my wife how to squirt. I could teach you. Said right on, okay, let's do this, and so I just remember being in my cam room and everyone was like cheering me on. I was in anticipation and this viewer just kept guiding me what to do, and I was scared that I was not going to be able to do it. I've heard all these rumors not everyone can squirt. I'm like, what if I can't do it? So I just remember ten minutes going by, fifteen Eventually twenty minutes went by, and finally I did my first let's see, oh one footer, and the whole room cheered.
Speaker 1: And now that's a skill of yours. Now you can replicate that skill and make it even better. Huh you're thrown one hundred mile an hour fastballs now? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, so you know I practice. When you're a webcam model, you practice every day, several times a day, so I got really really good at squirting and I can squirt on command.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking this as a uh, I'm not asking this as a recommendation as much as I am just wondering your subjective opinion. Girls that are getting into the industry now that just jump right on of and again you should have that, and you should have all your channels set up and everything else. Would you recommend webcamming at first so they can kind of get a sense and comfort of what people are looking for their specific look, what type of fetish or whatever else might you know be associated with that. Do you think it's a good like training camp for getting into more sex work later on down the road.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, because it's the safest one. You aren't interacting with anybody, and if you don't like someone who's in your cam room, you can just span them and you get to choose your hours and you're your own boss. And so for me, webcamming was one of those things that help me understand every single fetish and I felt comfortable because I was in my own safe room, rather than maybe you might be talking to someone in person and you might get creepy vibes or something. Unfortunately, some bad things could happen. So for me, webcaming definitely helps me learn so much and I felt safe at the same time.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, gotcha.
Speaker 2: And also I feel like as a newly AF girl, if you don't have a fan base, you know, AF doesn't promote you. So this is the best way to be promoted because whatever site you choose will promote you and bring fans to you. And that's a good start to developing fans and also learning and making money at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, makes sense, makes sense, all right. I want to move into my part three here, so let me just say I went to preschool to eighth grade, Catholic school, Communion, all of that stuff. By the way, I didn't know Catholics were disliked, or I didn't know Protestants were disliked or Presbyterians or anything else. I just I was just like, oh, we all believe in Jesus. That's fine, right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Then you know, teen years hit and I move away from it a little bit. You want to be the rebel, you want to say, oh man, I'm an atheist. This and that you hit later in life and you go, you know what, I spent a lot of time fucking pretending like I didn't believe in anything. And every time someone got into a car accident, and every time when my brother was in the hospital dying, I looked up and I said, hey, help please, you know, And and I hate to say this, and I will not I won't make this political at all. And people can have their own opinions and whatever it is. But and this will be controversial. I'm sure I don't mean it to be. Didn't believe political views, didn't agree with this, this and that. But watching Charlie Kirk get killed this year again, you can have your opinion about political views, this and that. He was a man of God. And when that happened, I watched that on Twitter about two hundred times that day and I thought to myself, I really can't go around thinking he's not going somewhere else after this, Like I really I need to hope for for him and for everyone else that goes through such tragedy and terrible things in life that it's not just lights out, you know. And it's always been in my head. So can I ask you, how what is what's your brand of Christianity? What would it be represented by him. What are some of the core, most important morals of it? Because Catholic's got all kinds of rules, and my thing's always been, we're gonna hit him with the golden rule. Okay, I'm gonna be respectful to you. I'm gonna hope you're gonna be respectful to me. What are your tenants or what do you base your faith on?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm the greatest commandments, which is love God and love people, sure at all and how people want to elaborate on that is all theological. But I believe in God's grace and I believe you know, as long as you accept Christ, you know you're going you're going to Heaven. That's That's where I'm at. And my job on this earth is to love God and love people. And that means no matter how messed up you are, no matter if you're an adult worker, you're gay, lesbian, you're a murderer, you're homeless, your drug addict, it doesn't matter. I'm just going to love you where you're at, and that's where I stand. And you know what, unfortunately, I don't see that in the church. I feel like the unfortunately the church is if you don't live by this. I'm not going to love you where you're at. Sure, And I'm like, I'm sorry, I believe differently, And I get so many people who don't agree with me, but I I'm like, you know what, it's okay to disagree and with each other, but let's just love each other because at the end of the day, where if you're a Christian, you know, let's we're all going to the same place.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah, And I think that's kind of what I got out of it too, is just let's, you know, just try and be better people. And again with the Catholics, there's all kinds of rules. You got to hit this thing and do this and do that and whatever the organized religion of it. My thought is always, you know, if Hitler confessed before he died, I still don't think he was making it to heaven. And if I don't confess, but I lived my life really trying to be a decent human being, really trying to take care of people, not being malicious towards people. I think I'm good. I think I'll get in as long as I keep working forward towards that. So you kind of touched on it there a little bit, but it makes sense, do you not necessary? So okay, my question here was how do you square it in your mind the contradiction from doing adult film and also the church. But it almost sounds like you're not a big fan of church establishment establishment rather than just the religion and the faith itself. Is that accurate or is that wrong? No?
Speaker 2: I love the church. I mean I go to church when I have time. I just feel like the mindsets of most churches is that they live too much by the law and when Jesus came and died on the cross, where save through grace, it's you know, So that's where I'm at. I feel like the move a big portion of it is we've lost the grace that that you know, is said in the Bible. So again, I don't hate the church at all. I go to church myself when I have time. Yeah. Is that the church?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't necessarily mean the church as in the building. I mean more the people in organized religions who maybe lose sight of the main principles and worry more about you know, when I see politicians involved with politics or no I'm sorry, pastors or priests or anyone else involved in politics or pushing for this, or kick this out or do that. I almost want to say, like, go back to what Jesus would recommend here. You know, Jesus wasn't like we need rest all sex workers, and he had Mary Magdalene and you know he cared for her and everything else. So I just think what I meant by that is not you don't like walking into a church. I meant more, it's you have more faith in Jesus and God himself rather than the rules and everything else that might be set by man. In God's name, I would say, is that accurate? Am I crazy? Maybe I'm crazy? It's fine if I am.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, no, I guess I honor the law, which you know, that's where all the rules and regulations are, and I understand them, and I understand that the law is what helps us understand what sin is. But I do also understand that Jesus came to fulfill the law. So we don't I can't. I don't want to say we don't we Well, our salvation is not canceled by our actions, right, is what I mean? Do we should? We still apply the law? Like and this is where I say this, it's on everyone's on conviction and we constantly are working out our salvation, and that salvation doesn't look like well, if you mess up, you instantly lose your salvation. Salvation to me, when the Bible talks about that is it's more like you're in training to be more like Christ, but you never actually lose your salvation, gotcha until you you know? And and what I mean by that is that every single Christian, every single person on this planet, all has some type of struggle. One person struggle might be sexual. Another person struggle might be overeating. Another person's struggle could be I don't know, overworking. Another person struggle could be unforgiveness with people that their family did to them twenty years ago. That's considered also a sin. But we're all working out our salvation to go through the process of, Hey, I struggle with, oh, you know, eating too much, so I'm going to go on a diet plan. You're working out that. I don't know if that kind of makes sense.
Speaker 1: No, it does. It makes total sense to me. But you are a porn star and the first two you hit were sex addiction and then overeating, And I was like, is she talking about me?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just kidding I'm fucking with you. I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Here's a question, though, has has any director or producer ever tried to bring any kind of religious iconology into any of your scenes. Dress you up like a nun, do something like that.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, yes, yeah, I just shot a scene too, Oh my gosh, two months ago and I was like, I told the director, I said, I'm so sorry, I cannot do this part. And what it was the original piece and I'm so glad. Actually these director and producers were also Christian, and they they were like, it's okay, you don't have to do this. But the scene was I played a witch. And when I originally read the script, I thought it was like like the neighbor Karen, Like that's what I interpreted this this script, you know, and they were just using the word rich witch rather than I didn't realize it was a spiritual witch.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay, so I'm you know, it was a scene where so the end of the scene that I said I cannot do was they had a voodoo doll and they said that I needed to play with myself and put my comm on the voodoo doll and make it whatever, like I'm casting some wicked spell on these kids who decided to trespass in my neighbor I mean, in my backyard to grab their baseball right after I fucked them.
Speaker 1: Quite the scene there, Quite the scene. So then what were you able to I mean, were you just out on that? Were they able to adjust and make it more comfortable for you?
Speaker 2: They adjusted to more of the interpretation of which as an I'm like the neighbor Karen, rather than the spiritual being of I'm going to cast a spell on you and actually literally have a voodoo doll in my hands.
Speaker 1: I do have. As this follow up though, was it supposed to be a Halloween scene or something or was it just a random Tuesday They're like, we need some satanic stuff in here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See. The weird thing is I felt like the whoever is the writer kind of did it mockingly on purpose, because the director when I approached her and said, I don't feel comfortable doing this little line. Can I just take this out? And she's like, oh, that's weird because they know you're a pastor, And that to me like kind of stung me a little bit because it was like I felt like, whoever is the writers kind of wanted to push me my comfort level. It's one thing where you write a script, but if you know who the actor is, that's that's a different story.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That again, I'll use the word that that almost feels a little malicious, like I want to see her say this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, But I'm just so grateful because I just remember, like my heart pounding, like, oh my God, like I read this interpretation of this script wrong.
Speaker 1: Last question I have for you here and then I just want to one quick social media thing, But who is more judgmental of the other side? Are the porn people more against the religious side or the religious side more against the porn Let me ask you, like in your daily conversation, if you interact with anyone or talk to anyone, and if it ever pops up, who is more judgmental of the other.
Speaker 2: The religious for sure?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Really, yes, yeah, there are much more. When everyone turned against me, it was only the religious people, and I went through this really really difficult time where my husband ended up in prison, and the only people that show no grace, no kindness was a religious people, And the only people that reached out to me. Happened to be adult workers that said, hey, are you okay? How are you doing? And I you know that that hurt me. But do I hate the religious people? Know? Because my journey is I used to be one until I crossed over and became an adult worker, and that's when I learned to love people where they're at. And so also my story is being a Christian and being also a porn star. I realized, wow, now I'm learning to love like Christ. He loves people where they're at. But before I was an adult worker, I was one of those religious people. And I feel like people are scared and they judge when they don't know, and so I cannot. For a while, I got angry, but I have to remind myself I was one of them one time, and so I need to show grace because they just don't know.
Speaker 1: Christy Love my guest for the evening. You know exactly where you can find her at CLCA six'. Nine her new, podcast In bed With Christy love is available now on YouTube and anywhere you get. Podcasts links to everything are in the episode, description social media all the other fun. Stuff head down there and check it. Out, christy thank you so much for talking with me. Today it's such a. Pleasure it was a pleasure to talk to you AND i wish you nothing but success going.
Speaker 2: Forward okay you Say. Lettie