Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog, something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there, over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence, and name was dead once you hit the grill. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here. Look, I'm new to one doow now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go out toight. Hello, hit the boddy out here, quin on out there? I thought of a bench about text nine. I don't know. Easy ann ount there. Yeah, I'm walking right, heady.
Speaker 1: He didn't. Thanks so much for joining me for the show. I'm doing the little departure from what I normally have been doing here on Sundays. It's normally been the Alaska Bigfoot stories with bread, but I was on as a guest over on Tenfoil Tails a while back with Brandon, and it was a really cool conversation. He's a really cool guy, great show. I had a great time talking to him, and we covered some things that you may have not heard me talk about in the past, believe it or not, so I thought I would bring that to you here today. It was a really cool conversation. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did. Make sure you check out ten Foil Tails Show Brandon some love over on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, wherever you listen to this show. I know he will definitely appreciate it. Make sure you stay tuned because I just finished writing the second book. It's completely different than Sasquatch Unleashed The Truth behind the Legend. This is actually a fictionalized story that I've written about a Sasquatch that we get to follow through his entire life and all of the adventures and everything that goes on with his clan, And we get to experience everything from the perspective of the Sasquatch and the story, and we get to answer some of those questions that I think we've always had when it comes to these creatures and this phenomenon. I certainly get the fact that not everybody is into bigfoot fiction. I personally am not a huge fan of bigfoot fiction. I've read a couple of books recently in the last year or so that I really enjoyed, but by and large, I am a very scientific guy. I like the nuts and bolt stuff. I like the hardcore boots on the ground research and evidence presented in book form. But sometimes a great story is just a great story. So keep an eye out. Dropping in your feed soon will be the first chapter of this new book that I hope that you guys enjoy as much as I enjoyed writing. But enough of that, I know you guys are ready to get into it, So all this left for you to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.
Speaker 3: I'd like to take this time to welcome my guest tonight, Brian. Thanks for coming on here talking to me. Yeah, man, I'm glad to be here. I appreciate the invite. Yeah, I enjoy talking to a fellow podcasters every now and then. Do you want to let the audience know who you are and a little bit about yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am now a full time podcaster. I was not always that. I did sixteen years in law enforcement. I was a City of Atlanta police officer. Left that in twenty sixteen. I'm surrounded a little bit. We ended up moving out of Georgia purchased forty acres of land here in North Carolina with the hopes of possible Bigfoot activity. We'll certainly get into that, I'm sure at some point in time, but yeah, man, I was always interested in cryptid's Bigfoot, grew up in some haunted houses, had some UFO experiences early on in life, so I was always into weird things things and cryptids. And I started listening to podcasts probably at this point about five years ago, and never listened to a podcast before. Somebody said to me, I was in music. I'd recorded music, singing bands all my life and done a couple of albums in the past. I was into production and those kind of things, and somebody was like, why don't you listen to podcasts. You're into history and some other things. There's a lot of cryptid stuff out there. So I started listening to my first encounters based podcasts, specifically about Bigfoot, about five years ago. I really got back into the subject. When you're a cop, you don't go to work every day and talk about Bigfoot and UFOs. At least I didn't do that as a police officer, so I was able to rekindle that old flame, if you will, and my interest in those things. After I left that job, I started listening to the podcast and I thought, man, that really makes me want to talk to people who have had these experiences. It's one thing to listen to the podcast and hear other people telling their stories, and the person behind the microphone asking the questions always things that I wanted to know that never got asked. I was like, man, I really want to talk to these people myself. So I guess it was late twenty twenty. I started reaching out to people in a bunch of Facebook groups about Bigfoot. I was going in the group saying, Hey, is there anybody that's had experiences, especially in the Southeastern United States. I was born and raised in Georgia. I now live in North Carolina. I wanted to talk to people who had those kind of experiences in the areas that I grew up. Started reaching out to people, and people started responding saying, yeah, man, I live in Georgia and I had this experience. Somebody was in North Carolina and somebody was in Tennessee, Alabama, the Carolinas. I said, wow, there's really people having these experiences in these areas. Because most of the time, when you think about Bigfoot specifically, it's usually Pacific Northwest, it's in California, it's in those areas, but it's not anywhere in the southeastern United States. But there were people having these experiences. So I started hooking up with these people, saying, Hey, I'd like to talk to you about your experience. And then, of course I thought, it's one thing to talk to them about how am I going to document this because other people might be interested in it. I might want to go back at some point in time in the future, listen back to this person's story and maybe compare it to somebody else that I talked to. So I thought, why don't I start a podcast. That sounds like a great idea, But I had no clue how to podcast. I didn't have any equipment, I had no idea how to get on a platform. I had no idea what I was doing. So the first couple of episodes probably i'd say the first ten, fifteen, maybe even twenty episodes of sasquatch Odyssy were recorded using a horrible free app on my iPhone to record conversations with people. I tried to edit best I could with limited knowledge and put it out there for folks. And like most podcasts, nobody's listening. You see the numbers, you see the downloads. There was like twenty people listening, and there was thirty, and then I was doing one hundred and it just started snowballing. Honestly. I produced the first episode of Sasquatch Odyssy in February of twenty twenty one, I think mid year. I was probably four or five months in to that first year. I started seeing a significant amount of downloads. Wes from Sasquatch Chronicles emailed me. Anybody who's into bigfoot and podcasts probably is listened to Wessa's show. It's like the number one big foot podcast in the world. And he said, hey, man, I listened to your show. I think it's great, but your audio sucks. Let me help you with that. So we got on the phone. We spent hours on the phone over the course of a couple of days. He gave me a list of things to order, things that he used. I used the same board to this date that I'm sure Wes is still using and it changed the show overnight. Audio quality got better the more I did the interviews. I'd already interviewed people as a cop, but it's a completely different scenario when you're talking to somebody on a nine one one call, you're trying to get to the bottom of a possible crime, or an IDO accident or a domestic violence situation. You're talking about Bigfoot. It's a different way to interview people. That was an achilles heel, if you will, or a handicap from going into it, because I didn't want to be known as that guy with the Bigfoot podcast that will interrogate you about your experience. He's a former COB. He's going to browbeat you into submission and talking about whatever it is that you think you saw. And I didn't want to be that guy because I'm not that guy. I was fighting that battle. And then obviously West reached out. We got together and the IDEO quality improved on the show. And then towards the end of twenty twenty one, I was working a full time job. I was in retail management. I was running an Iudo park super hub here fifty minutes or so away. From the house. I was driving almost two hours a day round trip. I was working fifty sixty hours a week supervising fifty people, and I was miserable. The only thing that really made me happy was being here on my property, being in the woods, and doing my podcast. We had monetized the podcast. I had enough listeners that we started monetizing, and it was making pretty good money. I was almost replacing my pretty hefty salary doing this job that I hated doing the podcast, and I just got to this point. I think it was March of twenty two. I said, if I'm going to do this, I've got to give it the old college try, and I've got to devote full time into this. So I gave myself three months. I went to my better half and said, look, I think this podcast thing can work. I need to step away from doing this retail job. So that's what it did. March of twenty twenty two, I left that full time job behind and started podcasting full time. I've never looked back. Man, It's been the best decision of my life. I've never had as much fun as I'm having doing my job. Over these last couple of years, I've started multiple podcasts. I host four full time podcasts that go out each week. We started a network of podcasts. We have other podcasters that do shows on our network, and we network were with a lot of people. I help a lot of people with their shows. Now that I've learned what I'm doing, I'm able to teach other people, and I try to do that as much as possible. I could probably name five or six shows that I'm sure most of your listeners probably have heard, and I've probably helped that podcaster in some way, shape form, or fashion as much as I can behind the scenes to help growth show. Because a lot of things are competitive, Bigfoot is one of them, cryptids is podcasting can be very competitive. But my approach to podcasting and cryptids research, any and all of the above is the better we all do. If your show is one of the best that everybody's ever heard as far as audio quality and production quality, and it captures your audience immediately, they're going to fall in love with your show. They're going to fall in love with podcasting in general. And if your show is similar to mine, then they're going to search for more because they're eventually going to catch up in your catalog they're going to run out of something to do. People listen to multiple shows, so I've always looked at it that way. If I help somebody behind the scenes and I help them improve their show, very much like Wes did to me, it's passing it on. It's karma for me. If I can pass that on to more podcasters and help them with their show, the better my show is going to do, because more people are going to be interested. If they tune into a podcast about cryptids bigfoots specifically, and the first one they land on in their podcast is a crappy show with horrible audio and bad interviews, They're probably never going to come back. So I want them to find my show eventually, So I try to pass that on as much as possible because I've learned so much. But that's how I fell into the podcasting thing, and I've never looked back.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Like I said, is the greatest decision I've ever made. I've never been happier. Who knew you could make a great living doing podcasting, writing books, traveling around doing conferences talking about bigfoot Man? If I'd known this fifteen twenty years ago, I'd be much happier. I'm sure when it.
Speaker 3: Comes to podcasting. Know your story is very similar to what happened with me. I had a weird experience that happened actually got me into the whole cryptidide because I was a pretty much a skeptic. I had a weird experience two thousand and seven which kind of got me into this whole idea of believing that there's some weird stuff out there. But I was a musician. I did vocals and a metal band, so I had all the recording stuff for music purposes. I didn't ever do anything podcast wise up until twenty twenty two because of the band Stuff's kind of just wasn't doing anything with it. Like we stopped in twenty twenty when the whole world was shut down for a little bit. That's when I started looking into podcasting. I had this great idea that I was going to start a podcast talked about cryptids and UFOs and aliens and conspiracies and all this other stuff like I've hat no one's out there doing that. Lo and behold, I was wrong. I come across West's show. That was the first podcast that I ever really listened to, Sasquatch Chronicles. So I listened to that, and I heard someone talk about he'd interviewed that judge about dog Man, and that's where I came from. Is I literally saw it up for a Walking K nine back in two thousand and seven, and I never really heard anyone else talk about something like that, so it really piqued my interest. And then listen to this show, I come across a couple others and from there it just you know what I'm gonna do this. So two years ago I started the podcast and it's just been steadily growing, so I can't complain either.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was one of the things that surprised me was how many podcasts there are out there. There's hundreds and hundreds of Bigfoot podcasts. Now there's tons of dog Man podcasts. Dog Man was something that was never really on my radar until I got heavily into the Bigfoot thing. It just seemed to be a gateway drug, the gateway cryptid if you will, Bigfoot takes you into all these other realms. And started hearing people talking about dog Man. I've interviewed a couple of people over the last two three years. I think I've maybe a handful of people at this point, maybe four or five people that have claimed to have some sort of experience with a dog Man, and I'll be honest with you, I'm still on the fence about it. I don't know what box to check. I can't wrap my brain around a six or seven foot tall, upright canid creature that's walking around in the woods. I've always felt it was some sort of misidentification or here's the thing. I'm a flesh and blood kind of guy when it comes to Bigfoot, and I'm still not all in on the Bigfoot thing. If people listen to my show, We're almost five hundred episodes into the show at this point, and it goes back and forth from me. I get emails all the time. Somebody left me a one star review on Apple because I still say, to this day, five days out of seven, I'm still not exactly convinced that Bigfoot is completely real. I've had experiences that I can't explain, but I haven't seen one of these things. So until I actually lay eyes on it, I'm never going to be one hundred percent. But dog Man has been one of those things that has always fascinated me. But there's clearly there because people like vik Kunduff and others that have dog Man shows that are specific about those encounters eight nine hundred episodes in so clearly, either there's some sort of mass dellusion that's going on, people are one hundred percent whole cloth making up all their stories, or there's something to it. And I've always said to me, dog Man may be one of those things. I certainly believe in the afterlife. I've had some experience with hauntings and things in the past in my own experience, personally experienced them, so I believe in the afterlife. I believe there's something that goes on after we pass away. I think there's something too. Possibly demonic creature are nefarious creatures that are outside of our realm, and it only made sense to me that dog Man, if they exist and people are seeing what they think they see, there's got to be something more to them than just a flesh and blood creature, because I can't check that box on how or where they would exist in the natural world, and upright, nine foot tall eight walking around in North America is a hard pill to swallow as well, but at least in the fossil record, there are feasible things that it could be. People go to jigged alpithecus, people go to Australia, pith scenes. There's all kinds of theories out there and what these things might be Paranthropus, that's a possibility. But dog Man, I'd love to have you on and talk about your experience because I'd like to add that to my catalog of people, because again, it's only been a handful of people out of almost five hundred plus interviews that have made it onto the show, and there's been very few people who have had those experiences of what they believe to be dog Man. I don't know. It's a fascinating thing man. Again Bigfoot, it's the same way we know the phenomenon is real. People are experiencing things. I went out did an expedition last year with Todd Standing. Anybody who's into Bigfoot probably knows Todd's name. Discovering Bigfoot documentary one of the biggest documentaries in the last probably ten years on Bigfoot, and Todd's a very controversial figure. I've made no qualms about my feelings about Todd before deering and after going go on to the expedition, spending seven days with him up and radium. But I had some experiences there I can't explain. I've had experiences here on my own land in North Carolina, I can't explain. I had an experience when I was twelve with what I believed to be a possible Bigfoot that I can't explain. So it's difficult to be all in. I'm definitely not a knowwherre as some people say. I want to be a believer because I believe in the people that I have on the show. Of course, does people that have slipped through the radar If you do a ton of interviews, there are people who get by the gate you're in the middle of the interview. Part of my secret sauce on the show is I don't do a whole lot of pre interview. I don't want to hear the story. I want to hear it for the first time when the person's on the show and people have surprised me. The sex with the Sasquatch guy I had on last year was a surprise. I had no idea where that was going. Probably one of the wildest interviews I've ever had. This guy was completely convinced that he had this experience. I sat on that for months and I toiled over whether I was going to put that out there, because I am a very serious person in the subject. I want people to understand how serious I take the subject, and I knew that was going to be a hard pill for a lot of people to swallow. But I went to a couple of conferences. I was a speaker at the Smoky Mountain big Foot Conference a couple of years ago before I put this episode out, and I talked to hundreds of people that day, probably thousands who came by my table. The listeners of the show. I had a conversation with him, and I asked him if I put out an episode where this guy happened to hypothetically say, everybody said, put it out, we'd love to hear that episode. It may be crazy, you may get some flag, we'd love to hear that episode. So I eventually put it out. But for the most part, it's as mundane as it can be seeing a giant, hairy hominid walking around in North America. Most of the stories on the show that you hear pretty straightforward. Some of them are pretty compelling. A lot of them Arek's geary. I had a guy from fred from Alaska. He's a carry on tribal member up in Dillingham, Alaska. I had him on, did an interview he's been on with Cliff and Bobo. I think Bobo heard him on my show and then they stole him and brought him over on Bigfoot and Beyond. Clip's a good friend of mine. So if you guys are listening, I'm a kid because I love Fred has had quite a few experiences with aggressive Bigfoot, aggressive Sasquatch in his area up there, and he's collected a ton of stories. He's got a pretty extensive catalog of these stories and he just recounts them on his YouTube channel, and some of them are pretty hairy man, no pun intended. They're pretty hairy stories of people having to shoot their way out of cabins because these things are pretty aggressive. And I've never really heard as many stories about aggression as I've had from Alaska. But it runs the gam man. That's what keeps me coming back. Everybody's story is different, everybody's experience is different, and that's one of the things I say all the time when I interview people on the show. Everybody takes little bits and pieces from each interview and each encounter story and my philosophy is listen, take what you want and leave the rest. Whatever resonates with you, you take it. If you think they're full of crap and it's bs, then maybe the next story will be different for you. But I pride myself on just giving people a space on sasquatch Ot to see, to come and tell their story, whatever that story is, whatever that experience is. Some of them get wild, and it is difficult for me to believe, as a flesh and blood believer that people are having these woo or high strangeness experiences with bigfoot, cloaking, disappearing, coming in and out of portals. That's a tough road to hope for me to wrap my brain around those experiences. But who am I to say that that's not their experience. We've been chasing this thing for a lot of years. Bigfoot has been around, It's been in the history books as long as history has been recorded. Frankly, people have had these experiences for a very long time, and we've been conventionally looking. I consider myself a researcher of sorts. I do go out in the woods. I have been on expeditions and looked for these things and had experiences, So we've been doing that for a long time. Outside of some of the arguable things that people go to the Patterson Gimlin film, for one, the Freeman footage from ninety two sticks out to me as something that's potentially real. But outside of that, we have very little to go on. Footprints, foot cast. I was up at the Ohio Bigfoot conference a couple of weeks ago and I manned Cliff's booth with him. Cliff sells these cast of some of these famous prints, the grays Harbor print from I think eighty four, and some of the Freeman stuff. Michael Freeman, Paul Freeman's son, is a very good friend of mine. I just ordered a bunch of casts from him. I think he's sending me like five casts from his dad's collection. There is evidence out there. But just recently, we have another show called that Bigfoot Podcast. If anybody's heard that, Wayne and I started that show specifically because if you do an interview based show, you don't do a whole lot of talking. This is weird for me. I've guessed it on a bunch of podcasts, so I've gotten much more used to being the one on this side of the microphone. But typically my show is, hey, how are you doing, tell me what got you started in Bigfoot. Let's get into your story, and then people talk for forty five minutes. I close out the show and that's it, and stay tuned for more sasquatch ot to see. We'll be right back after these messages. So we started that Bigfoot podcast to talk about some of the things that we don't get to talk about on our shows. Wayne is part of our network. He took over. I had a show called Paranormal Odyssey that I was hosting for a couple of years. I turned that show over to Wayne about a year and a half ago. Great show if you guys are into that. He talks about everything bigfoot, dog man, ghost, clairvoyance, He gets into all the weird stuff UFOs. So you guys give Paranormal Odyssey a listener if you're into that kind of stuff. But we started that big podcasts because we wanted to talk about hoaxers. We wanted to talk about some of the evidence that's out there that we have an opinion on. We get into that on that show. That's a space where we get to talk about some of these things, and just recently went and I were talking on the show, and I said, look, dude, the more I talk to people about some of this high strangeness that's going on, I wonder if we've been barking up the wrong tree for so long, because we've been out wood knocking and we've been out whooping, and we've been out searching for tracks and trying to get pictures of these things and video of these things for decades and had very little success collectively in the community. So is there possibly more to these things? I even wrote in my books I s Watch Unleashed the Truth behind the Legend, I talk about some of the high strangeness stuff, and I said in the book, for me, I think to get scientists involved, I think we have to separate the two. I think we have to pull away from the woo and the high strangeness in a lot of ways to get mainstream scientists interested enough in the subject to maybe push the ball down the field. But I still think there is a possibilit that we should be looking in both places simultaneously, at least with a little bit of an open mind. We're making some strides now with some of the DNA studies that Darby orcut is doing up at NC State here in my home state of North Carolina. They're actually testing DNA. There's a ton of stuff that's being tested that I'm excited about. I think this is one of the things that has excited me the most over the last i'd have to say probably five to possibly ten years, honestly. In the subject is this DNA study. There's the Melby Ketcham DNA study. I don't know if you're familiar with that from I don't know twenty thirteen or so. I won't even get into that. We've covered it on that Bigfoot podcast. I certainly have my opinions about it. I think it's very flawed, to say the least. I'll leave it at that, but I think what Darby's doing. I actually got to hang out with Darby in Ohio. We went out to dinner after the conference. We were talking about that. It was Cliff Doug Hichek was there at the dinner. I'm sure people into Bigfoot are pretty familiar with Doug. Doug has sent Darby some very exciting things that I'm excited for him to test. I think they're making some progress. I just don't think DNA is going to get it done.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to take a body if these things exist. I feel like we're on the cusp. I hope we're on the cusp of something happening, because it just seems like we're in this washing machine on repeat with the same faked videos that seem to pop up every four or five months, the same paradolia pictures, and the same thing that we're just running over and over. There's really nothing new happening, and I just feel like we're on the cusp. I'm hoping that something's happened. I don't know. Where are you on Bigfoot? Is that something that you've been interested in? How do you feel about the evidence? Where are you on this thing being real or not?
Speaker 3: I've always been a skeptic, like I said, up until what I saw just as of a few years ago, I figured, you know what, it's plausible there could be an upright walking in primate. Theoretically, when you think about it, doesn't make any sense as to why you don't find any evidence of it, as far as you don't find a body, you've never come across any bones. But then think about people who go out hunting, how often do they ever really come across a dead bear or a dead mountain mine. How often do they find a skull of a bear?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: It's very rare. So I thought about it. I was like, you know what I could see, especially out west up Norris in Canada, it would make sense. Then when I actually started listening to other podcasts, because again I was never a podcast first, I didn't listen to anything like that. I watched a few shows on TV, like Finding Bigfoot or whatever. But when you start to listen to things, you start to listen to people's experiences or accounts from what happened. You listen to the researchers. I was thinking bless and Blood, but then more and more interviews that's turned into the WU side. And the only thing I can describe about all that is I was hesitant. But some of it you can't explain if people are clearly seeing something, and I don't think it's completely misidentification all the way around. Even the thing that i'd saw, if someone told me what happened to me, if they told me my own account, I would think they're batshit crazy. But I saw it, So how am I going to write off with anyone else seen? Because I struggled to even believe what I've seen. It doesn't make sense. There's no such thing as an uprade walking canine. It's impossible. But I saw what I saw, so I'm not here to ridicule anyone else. It's seeing some weird stuff too, because if I can't explain what I saw, I don't even want to believe what I saw. What do these other people see that I can say that this person's making it up or whatever. I've had people that have come on here, and I can tell after we started doing the interview, I go in pretty much blind. They tell me, oh, I've had this encounter. Whatever I say, don't tell me all their information. I want to hear it, so I pay more attention if I don't know what's happening. If someone who writes out this big, long email and says every detail about it, I already know where it's going to go. So it's better for me to go in not so much not prepared, but keeps me interested to find out where the story's going. But I've had people to come on here that said some weird stuff. Nothing about sex with Bigfoot, but there's been some out there things. But again, who am I to say that it's true or not, you know what I mean. Like, I'm not here to try and prove or disprove anybody. But when it comes to Bigfoot, I believe that there's something out there. I don't know what it is. I can't say if it's flesh and blood. I can't say if it's some interdimensional being which keeps getting tossed around now. I can't say it's an alien. I don't know. People are clearly seeing something, yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's what keeps me coming back. Man, and I try to keep an open mind with people's experiences. I spent so much time talking to people that are in the flesh and blood camp that have all but convinced me. You know, it's very difficult. I did a speaking gig last year up in Idaho with Cliff. Jeff Meldron was there, Doctor Meldrum, Michael Freeman, Paul Freeman's son. We all went out to dinner. You can't sit around the dinner table with Jeff Meldrum and Cliff Berrickman at least, I had a hard time walking away and not believing that something exists that is flesh and blood. They're very convincing in their experience. They're very convincing in the science. Jeff takes a look at these tracks, these casts, the way he articulates what he's seeing. He's convinced that Patty is real just based on the foot prints that were cast that day on the sandbar back in sixty seven. Even if the video didn't exist, Meldrum would believe that Patty is an upright walking hominid of some sort. It's very difficult to have conversations with people like Cliff and Jeff, and even Michael to an extent, then have conversations with people who say Bigfoot comes out of portals, they teleport a mind speak. It's one of those things that I've tried so hard to reconcile just for my own sanity sometimes because people are having these experiences, and I used to separate those. I'd have people on the show early on that would say, Yeah, I've got Bigfoot activity their scale on my property. They've scared my kids, they've left tracks, we've heard sounds, we've heard vocalizations, they've thrown rocks at us. Then I would ask any other weird stuff going on. Yeah, we've had weird lights and we've seen what looks like alien craft, sometimes right before sometimes even daring some of the bigfoot activity, and sometimes after. I used to separate those two and say, yeah, okay, you've got bigfoot activity and then you've got UFO stuff. I've had both, I think, not simultaneously in Radium last October, but not exactly at the same time. But I never drew a correlation. I was always like, Nag, it's weird. You throw the woo stuff to the side, and you stick with what you want to believe, which for me is the flesh and blood stuff. And the more people had talked to credible research is that I believe wholeheartedly. Don't have a dog in the fight to hoax me or lie to me that would tell me they've been out on Bigfoot expeditions at places where there's habituation situation going on. Darryl comes to mind from Tennessee last year as one of those people. Daryl had some very real stuff going on around his house. These things were tearing down fences and he was having issues with them. Then he had a habituation situation. He was trying to help these people with he and a couple of other investigators because the sasquats were getting very aggressive and they went out there to try to help them with this. He has a situation where he's out on this investigation and they're having all this activity and an orb comes floating down the heel at him, turns into a possum in front of him. He's telling me this, and I'm like, what do you do with that? He said, Brian, I know I can see your face. I know you probably think I'm crazy. I think it's crazy, But that's what happened to me. Why would he say that. Why would he make up a story about bigfoot activity and then tell me that an orb turned into a possum in front of him. It just blew my mind. You hear so many of those stories, you have to. At least I've come to the conclusion. I think there's probably some sort of connection in a lot of cases. I don't think necessarily all cases, but I think there is a common thread at least between some of the things that people experience. I'm very much into UFOs. I don't do a ton of UFO stuff anymore. I stick primarily with the bigfoot thing because for the show that's where my audience is, so I have to give them what they want. But I'm very interested. Again, I've had a couple of UFO experiences, so I like talking to people about that. Preston Dinnett is one of those people that I have interviewed a couple of times. He's had a couple of people that he's recommended. There was a lady and I forget her name, who had some really wild UFO experiences, and Preston reached out and said, hey, we just finished her book. She's put everything into a book, and we'd like to come on your show and promoted and I said sure, brought her on, and she had a wild UFO story about being trained from when she was a child to fly alien craft around the galaxy. It's a long, drawn out story, one hundred percent convincing. I walked away from that thinking, this lady is absolutely batshit crazy, or she's making this up whole cloth, or this might have actually happened. I just don't know where I'm landing on this right now. But I said all that to say during many conversations with people like Preston Dennett, Stan Gordon, huge UFO investigator, bigfoot investigator. He's been in this for almost six decades. I've had conversations with those guys and they've said to me, Brian, everything is connected. They just kept saying that over and over at Brian, everything is connected, because I would say it was weird stuff happened to this person. But yeah, I don't think it's connected to Bigfoot, and they just look at me like I'm crazy. No, trust me, everything's connected. So I don't know. Man, it's wild. Up and Radium. Last year we had some bigfoot activity. I heard some wood knocks. I heard what sound died like samurai chatter. We had rocks thrown at us a couple of times. We heard whoops, we heard other weird vocalizations. We heard what sounded like rock clacking together, what sounded like rocks being smacked against wood, possibly trees. Then the one night, I think it was the second night we were there, we had tons of UFO activity. We watched probably ten or twelve of these UFOs, probably eighty eighty five thousand feet above us, traveling two thousand and three thousand miles an hour, stopping making left hand turns on a dime, ninety degree turns and opposite. It was wild. It was one of the wildest UFO experiences I've ever had. I've had a close up encounter with a UFO when I was sixteen with my mom, we saw one about six eight hundred feet away from us, hovering over us. This was a completely different scenario, and it's something like I've never seen before we'll probably never experience again. I don't think that was connected to Bigfoot. Obviously, we'd heard earlier in the night, some vocalizations, a couple of whoops. I don't know if we had rocks thrown at us that night or not. But to experience that and then try to draw a correlation with the UFOs there were eighty thousand feet above us, probably not connected. But there are so many worries where I've had people on that have claimed to have seen Bigfoot walking off of alien craft it landed. That's a pretty big correlation. Man. When somebody physically sees one of these things walking off of a UFO, I don't know what you do with that. There's got to be some sort of a common thread or a connection. There.
Speaker 3: A lot of people I've talked to recently, they all are on the same mindset that it's all connected, and I'm starting to lean that way myself, because I don't want to say aliens, bigfoot, cryptids, spirits and everything else, but one way or another, they all seem to be somehow intertwined. I can't explain any of that to make any sort of logical sense, especially to someone that's not a full unbeliever, but a lot of the weird stuff that goes on I do feel like is somehow I don't want how to describe it other than that, Yeah, I'm the same way man, and people have said to me recent I don't remember who it was that I was having a conversation with on the show. They were saying, I know you're having a tough time with this high strangeness stuff and these sasquatch possibly being spiritual beings or interdimensional beings, and they brought it back to reality a little bit for me. Its human beings are spiritual beings if you believe that human beings have a soul. And I'm not necessarily talking religion here. I'm not talking about buying into any type of organized religion where you go to heaven or hill or you got to have your soul saved. I'm not talking about any of that. But just if you believe that we are more than just this body. I tend to believe that I'm not a religious person. I'm not really even a spiritual person, honestly, but I do believe that something happens to our soul. I believe that we have something that makes us right, because when people die, something happens right.
Speaker 1: The light goes out, you're done. But I don't think that energy is destroyed. I agree that you can't destroy energy. It's going to go somewhere. I'm just not sure where it goes. I believe that about people. Could it be possible that sasquatch would be the same or very similar to us, a sentient beings. Sure, I believe that's possible. I do believe that I have met at least a couple of people that I believe have some extraordinary abilities. Sometimes it's psychic stuff. I've met some very extraordinary people that I think have possibly extrasensory powers. Some people can telepathically connect with other people. Some people claim they can do it with animals, astral projection. I've had people claim that they can do that. There's some people that I have a hard time not believing because of some of the things that they've been able to describe and talk to me specifically about. So I don't know if Sasquatch is a flesh and blood creature, can it have some of those abilities? Certainly I do. I think that is definitely possible. But that has always been my argument as a flesh and blood believer in these things. It's hard for me to say that they have some of these powers, Like telepathic communication is one of the big things that we hear mind speak in Bigfoot. That's always been a rub for me. But I've had conversations with people. I've had a survivor man less strout on the show, and Les told me several times, three four times. I think this guy said he had what he believes to be a telepathic connection with Bigfoot. It's a big thing for Todd's standing now. He and Ash is his main research partner. Up there's girlfriend and research partner. They are into the mind's big thing. They claim that they can connect telepathically with these clan of Sasquats that are in that Radium area on a regular basis, and they talk to him and have conversations with them. I take everything that comes from Todd with a grain of salt. I always have and always will. Could I be wrong? Could they really be having those connections? Could it be something outside of themselves? And that's what I've always said. I even said it to Less. I don't think I said it on the air. I told him privately, either before or after we talked on air. I said, man, I think it's more of a sixth sense that we all have. I told him the story I've told him on the show plenty of times about being in a situation. On the police force, I did a lot of DUI, so I worked overnight shifts for a couple of years. I was like ten pm to six am. I stopped a lot of cars. I tried to stop this car one night that just kept rolling, just kept going. Take a left turn. They were pulling me into a darker area behind a building. That's where we ended up. There was like five guys in this car. I was a little apprehensive about it. I was pretty gung ho. It took a lot to scare me. I wasn't rattled by much when I was on the street because I'd been shot at a couple of times. I've been through the Ringer. I always joked, like ten minutes as a police officer on the streets of Atlanta is ten years and other places. So I really wasn't concerned. But there was something before I got out of my patrol car to walk up to the driver's side of that car. Anybody who's ever been stopped by the police, I bet you if you've been stopped five times in your life, every time the police officer does the same thing, gets out of the car, walks up to your driver's side, what do and ask you for your driver's license and your erance card or whatever the protocol is for the state that you're in. I got out of my patrol car, but right before I did, something said, do not walk to the driver's side of this car, and stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages. Just don't do it. The hair on the back of my neck stood up, the hair on my arm stood up, and I listened. It didn't sound like my voice. It was just something subconsciously said, do not walk up to that car. Don't do it. But I've got the car stopped. I've got to make contact with the people, right I can't just sit in my car so I backed up. I had the lights on, I had the takedown lights, I had the spotlight on. The driver. They couldn't see me coming. I backed up behind, fell behind my patrol car, and I walked up on the passenger side of this vehicle. I looked inside. I could see it was lit up because of the lights, the takedown light, spotlight. There's five guys in the car, two in the front, three in the back. Everybody was turned to their left looking backwards on the driver's side of the car. I looked in the front seat, the driver's side, and the driver had a forty five pistol in his hand. He was gonna shoot me. When I walked up to the driver side of the car. That wasn't Bigfoot, dude, Bigfoot of mine speak to me. Nobody in the car mine spoke to me. I don't know where that came from. I just think it was me knowing something's wrong. This guy didn't stop immediately. He wasn't running from me. He was driving under the speed limit, but he made four or five turns, and they didn't stop until they got me into this dark area behind this building. I've experienced police officer at that point, I know something's wrong, right, And I think that's what happens to a lot of people in the woods. And you go out in the woods, if you're a hunter or an experienced outdoors person, maybe you're camping, hiking, whatever, you get a feeling about something's wrong. We all do it. When you walk into a room, if you go to a party, there can be ten, fifteen thirty people in the room. Instinctively, if somebody staring at you, how many times have you done that? You have this feeling that somebody's looking at you, and you look and you stare somebody right in the face and they look away because they've been staring at I was for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: I was literally getting ready to say that when you were done talking of like, I think people have that sixth sense because you can tell when, like you get that feeling like you're being watched. Just sometimes you look around, you're like some looking at me, and turn around and look at someone staring at and they turn their head real quick.
Speaker 1: It's a very common thing that you hear, particularly in bigfoot experiences, whether it ends up in a siding or it's just some other weird things like rock throwing and things like that. People always say, I feel like I'm being watched in that area. I didn't interview just last night for the show. The guy kept saying every time my friends and I would walk into this area when we were kids, we all felt uncomfortable and we would only go past this certain spot and we would stop because we felt like we were being watched. Who knows what that was. Maybe it was a cougar, Maybe it was a mountain lion. There's so many things in the woods, and I've experienced that the woods here on my property and experience that a couple of times. I never saw what it was. I don't know if it was a bear. We know we've ran into black bear here a couple of years ago while hiking, so we know those bears. I think I found big cat sign here. I think a big cat might have taken one of my dogs a couple of years ago. There's all kinds of things on these forty acres. I don't necessarily think it's anything nefarious outside of just natural things that people experience, and we tend to assign more spiritual things or more interesting things to some of our experiences just because that's what human beings do. If you're into Bigfoot and you're in the woods and you have that experience, of course it's got to be Bigfoot, right. I'm not saying that's not what people are experiencing. I tend to be more of an Okham's razor gun. I try to go to those places first. Even with my own experiences. The mind speak thing has always been it's an unproven thing for me. I can't say yay or nay, but that's what I tend to go to when people tell me those stories. I have my own experience with it. That's happened multiple times, and that was probably the most dramatic time that I can recall that I've had that experience. It turned out to be right. Had I walked up to that driver's side of that car, I don't know what would have happened. I may not even be here right now had I not listened to whatever that voice was. So I'm certainly glad I did. I just didn't attribute it to anything. I didn't know if it was an angel. I've had grandparents pass away. Was it one of them telling me? I don't know, it could have been. I just tend to think that I was listening to my own experience. Somehow my body was letting me know, don't do that, dude, do something different. Don't do what you've done a thousand times because you're probably not gonna make it. Just do something different. And I did, and here I am. But I think when you're into something like bigfoot or cryptids or even ghosts, people freak themselves out when they go ghost hunting and every little bump in the night becomes a ghost. I try to take that in say, okay, that's possible, but let's look at another angle here and see if it might be something other than mine.
Speaker 3: Speak the same way when it comes to stuff like that. And you mentioned paranormal. I went on two different paranormal investigations in my life, and I left more disappointed because the people that I was with said everything was paranormal. One of the buildings we were in was from like eighteen eighty something, and so it was over one hundred years old. You know, the wiring's not the greatest, there's all sorts of other things. So every little noise they to hear, if they're meter jump for a little bel it's paranormal. Something's communicating with us. I was like, or it's just bad wiring like magnetism. Not everything is a ghost. Not everything's a spirit. So that really soured me on trying to go off on these investigations because I've always been skeptical. So for me, I'm always trying to write off everything I can rationally, and then if you can't write it off rationally or explain it, then you can say, Okay, then this is unexplainable. This might be paranormal. But when you go in there expecting everything to be a ghost, then you're just making everything ghost. You know what I mean, Like you're not really doing a very good investigation.
Speaker 1: You'd be in a copy. You understand what I'm saying exactly. That's what I had to do when I went into Radium because I was fully expecting to be hoaxed. I had called Todd I as a hoaxer for a couple of years on the show. I was expecting that I knew he wanted me to come up there. He had made no qualms about the fact that he wanted me to come up there and have some experience that I would then go back and talk about on my show because he knows I have a huge audience, and he knows that if people hear me giving the blessing for Todd and his expeditions, people are probably going to book those expeditions and put money in his pocket. Right, So I figured I just had this feeling that I was going to be hoaxed. Actually, I had a conversation with a couple of people right before I went. I think Doug Hichik might have been one of. I know, I had a conversation with Wayne, my co host on that Bigfoot podcast, and they were like, dude, have you ever considered that You've always said I've meaning me. I've always said on the show. I believe that Todd has had experiences with bigfoot. I think he's probably seen a bigfoot at least a couple of times. But I don't believe his videos are real, and I don't believe ninety five percent of the shit that he puts forward as evidence is real. I've always been on that side of the fence. They said, have you ever considered that he might be having experiences in this area that you're going to What if you see one? What if you have experiences that aren't hoaxed? How are you going to process that? Are you going to be able to process that, so I really had to I called it a cleansing. I just had to cleanse my brain and go, Okay, I'm going to put that out of my mind, and I'm going to go in with a clean slate and just say I'm going to take every experience that happens to me, and I'm going to process it in real time. I'm going to make a determination of where's Todd. Could I be hoaxed? If not, then what could it be. That's exactly what I did. And I tell you, man, we were eighteen miles deep in the woods. There was nobody out there besides us. Nobody. Most of the things that I experienced, Todd was either hundreds of miles away or he was sitting right next to me, and there was nobody else that could have been making the noises or doing the things that we were hearing, seeing and experiencing. There was a couple of times we had rocks and stuff thrown at us, and we went and woke tied up. He came back into the experience with us, and it continued. I can't explain that I didn't see a sasquatch throw rocks at me. I didn't see him vocalize I didn't see anything that would be definitive to say it was a big foot. Now, one of the guys that was there with me and just interviewed him, I actually just I think his interviews posting tomorrow, as a matter of fact, did say he came out at three o'clock in the morning to hughes a bush and he's pretty sure he saw a sasquatch. And I did find what I believed to be where the thing was standing. I too, like you, are very skeptical about even my own experiences. I think we both agreed there's something to the phenomenon. People are experiencing something. The phenomenon is certainly real, and that's what keeps me coming back for more. Man, I just hopefully want to get to the bottom of it for myself. You said something very interesting earlier. You're not out to prove anything. I'm not necessarily out to prove anything to anybody else. I'm out there to prove it for myself. I want to prove one way or the other these things are real, and by proxy, the tens of thousands of people that listen to my show every week will then hopefully be on that ride with me if it eventually happens. But I honestly I think it's just going to take a body for me. I don't know. Short of that, if I could see maybe some ultra EIGHTK video that might be convincing, I just doubt that's going to happen. I think it's going to take a body for me to be one convinced. I think the DNA stuff is interesting. I think we can figure out what something isn't. I don't think DNA is going to take it any further than that for me, So I think it's going to take that proverbial body man. In this case, it'd be a literal body to prove it for me.
Speaker 3: I'm the same way when it comes to DNA. If you don't have a specimen already, it's just going to come back as unknown. That's still not proving to anyone else that it's a big foot. Oh it's an unknown species. Okay, the big nine foot tall monkey man walking in the woods. Have trace evidence of that, But some people can say it's a little contaminated or whatever. There's always going to be skeptics when it comes to buying into a lot of the stuff. It's hard to do it unless, like you said, you have a body. I don't think the most hardcore skeptic is going to believe anything until mainstream comes out. We're like, Nope, there's a bigfoot, there's a corpse, and I have a strong inkling that I don't see that happening anytime soon, just my own experiences and walking with people and everything else. I'm not going to say that there's a worldwide government conspiracy covering up migfoot, but you would think if these things are real at some point, some of when it came across something. I work in the construction field. When I first started my job years ago, we were building a brand new highway, so we were going through the woods building a road, a four lane road that wasn't going through there, and that kind of put me in perspective about think about all the construction that goes on everywhere. A lot of forests get taken down, a lot of things get taken out, and you've never found this elephant. You've never found any sort of evidence. But some people they disturbed, they found grave sites, they found bones here. Oh job gets shut down, but you've never heard of them finding any sort of remains of a Sasquatch. Now I'm not saying it's not possible or hasn't happened, but why The big secret That's where I always scratched my head and packet is what is the purpose? What are they hiding? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never got into that big worldwide conspiracy. I've always joked that I worked for the government when I was a police officer, albeit it was a local government city of Atlanta. You would be surprised what they didn't know. Everybody thinks the government knows everything about everything. No, usually the left hand has no idea what the right hand's doing. One of them's usually corrupt, and the other one doesn't know about it. I don't think that there's even enough infrastructure for enough people to be involved in that, But I've heard stories. I've talked to people who have said they have seen forest rangers, for example, get called out on what people believe to be potential sasquatch footprints and they literally go, eh, that's a bear, and then they take their foot in rub across the go yeah, and destroy the evidence. I think that happens probably a lot, because for any myriad of reasons. Right, if you're a forest ranger, and you think that Bigfoot's going to be discovered in your area, you may be out of a job because people are going to stop coming to the park or whatever the case. You never know what people are going through or what their brains saying. But just in general, I don't think there's this huge cover up. If the government does know these things exist, they probably know way more about them than we will ever know. But that's probably the extent of it. I don't think they have one somewhere. I had some guy write an email when and I talked about it recently on that Bigfoot podcast. He was like, when they find all the live sasquatch on the mountains, they take them to write Patterson Air Force.
Speaker 3: Base, everything goes here.
Speaker 1: Dude, how do you know that? Do you how many proof or you just you just watching too many documentaries?
Speaker 3: Come on, dude, that's where the Roswell craft was taken to, supposedly.
Speaker 1: Exactly, It's just buzzwords at this point, Like you have no proof for that, dude. Come on, I'm sure some of the Kennedy evidence is probably there too.
Speaker 3: Elvis is there, Yeah, Elvis.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Hoffe is probably buried under Wright Patterson Air Force Base. I ain't come on, I need some evidence, man. People make these definitive statements. That's one of the things I get into all the time with people, anybody who makes a definitive statement concerning Bigfoot or really any cryptid or anything UFO related. If you start talking in definitives, like I know, I'm usually cutting you off. Dude, I'm probably gonna have a conversation with you. I'm going to listen to you, but I'm probably gonna take anything you say with any seriousness after that, because nobody knows anything. Nobody knows anything definitively. It happens to me. I create. I use a lot of AI for images for the show, like making thumbnails and interesting things for people to look at during the episodes or whatever, and it never fails. Every time I put out any image of something that sasquatch related, I get emails or comments on social media. Oh, they don't look like that, their nose doesn't look like that. How do you know? How do you know what? Maybe my bigfoot looks different than yours. But it's just these definitives that people get into. If you talk in definitives, you're probably talking out of both sides of your mouth, and I just I don't have time for that.
Speaker 3: I've told my audience, I've been on other podcasts. I've said the same thing that anyone comes up and tells you they're an expert in cryptids or aliens or paranormal or whatever, take whatever they say with a grain of salt, because there are no experts, because no one really knows anything. Everyone has opinions, but there's no concrete evidence to prove that any of this stuff even exists, So how can someone be an expert in them.
Speaker 1: I've had people that have either advertised me as a speaker at their conference or just coming on their podcast, and they put anything expert next to my name. I say, please take that off. I don't want to be associated with that. Don't call me that. I don't even want it to be implied that I have said that about myself. There is no such thing as any type of an expert when he comes to cryptids, anything Bigfoot related. It's just not because again we don't know anything. They're experts in their fields. Doctor Jeff Meldrim is certainly an expert in locomotion, bipedal locomotion, anthropology, but not Bigfoot. Jeff is not a bigfoot expert some people. He's certainly been labeled at that, even to some degree, Cliff, he's very good. We were in Ohio a couple of weeks ago and some guy had came fresh in from the field. As a matter of fact, I think he just interviewed him. I think Bobo and Cliff had them on Cliff and Bobo's podcast, Bigfoot and Beyond this past week. These guys came in fresh out of the field with some really cool casts, and I've got a video on my phone. I was video and Cliff as he was looking at these casts, he was fairly convinced that they looked real to him. I know Meldrim looked at him as well, and I think Jeff had some issues with something to do with the heel that looked a little off to him, So he wasn't exactly convinced that. I'm not saying Cliff was. I think he was skeptical, of course, but he was pretty convinced that they were cool looking tracks. I at least saw that. Matt Prut went over and took a look at him as well. He was pretty convinced by them, So Cliff is even one of those people that people have thrown the expert. But he'll tell you I'm not an expert on any Cliff Literally, I'll say, I don't even know. Why the hell anybody cares about what I say. He's just that guy. Why does anybody listen to me? I don't know, but they do. I think there's some validity of that, because Cliff is one of those people I trust implicitly. I trust his opinion. He's the one who I found the first track on my property last year, last summer, when I gave him my phone and I let him look at the picture of I thought it was just a paradolia footprint. I took a picture of it because I thought it was interesting. But the more I looked at it in real life, I thought, this actually looks like a footprint. I see five toes and it looks like a sasquatch footprint in this little wet area of this creek that I had crossed over on my property. And Cliff looked at it the photo and he's, dude, that looks like, I say, squatch footprint. Did you cast it? I'm like, no, I didn't cast it, of course not. But I've casted everything since then, just things like that. He's very good at what he does. He can tell a fake typically and he can tell what he believes is real. But at the end of the day, who really knows right? Do you have the body to compare it to It's difficult to say one way or the other. But he's definitely one of those people that I trust. I trust Jeff in his opinion. I've sent him some things and he's come back with some opinions on him in the past, and I certainly appreciate that. But yeah, there's no such thing as a bigfoot expert. I've written a book, I do a podcast, I've done speaking gigs. People see me and they think I'm an expert. No, I'm definitely not. I'm still learning and pushing my way through everything I do. I'm not even an expert podcaster. I'm okay at I'm not an expert.
Speaker 3: Cliff is actually someone I've been wanting to talk to for a while. He's on my list. I have a list of people that I want to reach out to, So Cliff's on there, Doctor Meldrum's on there. I have Ron Moorehead coming on next week, so looking forward talking with him.
Speaker 1: Ron's my neighbor man, He's not my next door neighbor. He moved to North Carolina I think last year or year before last, so he's a fellow North Carolinian now. Just a great person to get on the show. Cliff will probably not. He doesn't like to do his own podcast. I had to twist his arm to get him on my show, So good luck with that. But when you're talking about Todd Standing, I had to ask. The rumors are always thrown out there with Todd is his sister or whatever is a makeup effects artist or visual effects artist. When you were up there, did you happen to ever see this sister that he supposedly lives with. I know his sister, yes, and she is not but his ex wife is.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I know that literally, I always see it being tossed anytimes Todd's name comes up, everyone's Oh, his sister is in a special effect person from Hollywood and everything was made up from her. I was like, how do you guys know this? It's just as much the saying as Bigfoot is real or fake as they're making up a story about this guy's sister, Like, who has the evidence of any of that. They don't have any evidence that. I don't believe Todd's videos at all. When I first seen like laughed, like really, everyone was making such a big deal about the documentary. I thought it was boring when they see all the evidence or whatever. I was let down. But that kind of happens when it comes to the Crypti documentaries.
Speaker 1: I've noticed.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to know. I've heard people go up there and they claim they've met his sister, and he lives with his sister, and they're like, oh, she's not a special effects artist, so I didn't know if you'd actually had a chance to meet with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean Tale is not a special effects artist. And I don't know that his wife was like a Hollywood special effects artist. I think she was more like a hairdresser that did make up kind of thing. I don't know that anybody in his family or in his close circle is or wall in Hollywood special effects per se. I'll be honest with you, man, I don't think they would have to be like you said, if you look at what you see there, I think a collective could easily put together that documentary. The last one I think he calls it caboda. This what looks like Todd crawling under a tree with black shoe polish on his face. That's not Hollywood special effects. That's black shoe polish on a dude's face, in my opinion, And stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Everyone points out to the blinking eyeball on the one that's supposed to be the female. None of them even look the same, which I thought it was strange. They're all supposed to be a sasquatch, but every one of them looks different. The eyeballs look completely different than the one that winks. Is like, that looks so CGI to me. Todd doesn't have access to CGI. He would have no way of faking that. I was like, they literally have that type of shit on your phone these days.
Speaker 1: Todd is a very smart felt well, he is not dumb. I have put out hours of video and hours of audio from my trip up to radium with us sitting around the campfire talking. That was only a portion of the seven days of Todd that I got. He's not a dumbass. He knows exactly what he's doing. He is very convincing. He's very charismatic, and he is good at what he does. He is the best to used car salesman on the lot. He could sell every lemon that you ever had and make you think you were getting sweet, cool lemonade.
Speaker 3: He could take a different path in life instead of looking into Bigfoot. He could have become a cult leader because he has that charismaticness about himself.
Speaker 1: Tons of people emailed after I started putting out those I called him Campfire Sessions or whatever from my radium trip last year. Every time I would play one of those, people would just be so pissed off and I'd get they'd fire off the emails. Oh my god, he's such a cult leader, David. He's Jim Jones made over, And when you're in the moment, you don't really see it. With Todd because I got on great with Todd. He welcomed me. I had talked a whole bunch of shit about this dude on my show, Like I trashed him on my show, not disrespectfully, just saying I believe he's hoaxing. I believe his videos are hopes. I stepped out of the vehicle from the airport. Welcome to me. He gave me a hug, welcomed me into his house, fed me. Of course, in retrospect, I look back now and think he would have been stupid not to treat me that way, because ultimately, I think his long game was Brian's going to come up here, He's going to enjoy the trip, He's going to have some experiences. He's going to hopefully go back and tell his audience that he had a great time. That I am a great dude. That's going to be great for business. Again, He's not stupid. He's a good businessman. He's great at what he does. Bigfoot is his full time living. Make no qualms about it.
Speaker 3: How much does he charge per person to come up there? I heard as like a ridiculous amount.
Speaker 1: I have heard so many different thing. I couldn't even begin to tell you. I didn't go through that process, but I've heard it's upward of three thousand, thirty five hundred. I've heard four thou I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I heard recently someone said that he quoted them at ten thousand dollars for a week.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: I was like, if he just takes a few people out for the whole year, like it goes out a couple of weeks of the year. He's set for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: I can tell you. I know they are booked almost solidly week after week through the entire season. I don't know when they start, but I was one of the last expeditions for that year. Last year, it was just me. Todd Ashley, his research partner and girlfriend was there. Kyle's been on the show a couple of times. Kyle does expeditions and helps Todd with the expeditions, and Kyle's dad was there. Sometimes there's three or four people on expedition at one time. This was basically just for me, so I got the full seven day experience without having all the other stuff and other people. But I know, so they had an expedition. I think he had a father and son out there the week after I left, and I think that was it for the year because it starts to snow and it just gets really cold. When you're eighteen miles back and you don't have any electricity or any of the comforts of home, it gets a little rough during that time of year, so they close things down. According to him, they do it for the Sasquatch. They give them that time to leave them alone, let them do their own thing, because they've gotten used to this rhythm of when the humans are going to be there kind of thing. So again, that's a very todd Is kind of thing. He's got an answer for everything when it comes to his research area and why people do what they do and why the Sasquatch do what they do.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's the type of person too. I can't speak on I know the guy because I've never spoke to before, but just from what I've listened to him on other shows and watched, I feel like he actually believes though everything of these says. I don't feel like he's being dishonest or he realized he's being disshonaged, if that makes any sense. Like I feel like what he's trying to do. I think he's actually genuine about what he's trying to do, but I think there's other methods that he's done that's not been so honest.
Speaker 1: I used to think the same thing are very similar to the same thing about Todd, but having gone on that trip and then having some of the things that have transpired between he and I since that trip, I no longer believe that I think that there are some parts of it that are true. I do at the core, I believe that Todd believe Sasquatch exists because I think he's had interactions and possibly even seen one. But beyond that, I think everything else is so much of a I don't know what the word maybe charade for him. It's a constant kid is a character. It's a exactly we said it at the same time character. He has developed, this character that has overtaken his life. It's literally his life all day, every day, all the time. And I think that has just become once you play that character. It's like any great character you think that's been on the air, that shows that's been on the air for fifteen twenty years. Those actors, I guarantee you, in some way, shape or form or fashion, even though that's just a job and it's just a character they play, would it be easy for them sometimes to just default to that character. I guarantee you it would in real life. You just think about it. You play a character on television, you play Roseanne is Roseanne Barr partly Roseanne on the show and vice versa. Absolutely, I think that's what's happened with Todd in Bigfoot. I think Todd standing has become a character for him, and he just lives it, and he does live the life. He does live boots on the ground. I've seen this guy. We're sitting around the campfire and it's thirty degrees and I'm freezing, and he's sitting there barefoot in shorts. This dude is he's really boots on the ground. He knows that area. He's fit, He goes out, he does the hikes, does the thing right. But that's part of the character. I've gotten to the point where some of the things that have happened. We had a falling out over that whole debacle. I don't even know if you're familiar with it. I wasn't until somebody brought it to my attention. There's this big gondola up in Canadate that has fallen. A couple of times. Todd claimed that it was Bigfoot cutting the cable or smashing the cable and bringing down this gondola. It was the weirdest thing. It's one of the weirdest things we've talked about on that Bigfoot podcast. I just got into an episode one day and I told Wayne, I said, Todd has just gone so far off the rails that he could have done some different things in the past, and I think his path would have taken a different turn, and he could be a different character in Bigfoot if he had chosen to go a different route. But every time he has an opportunity to come to the table and just have an honest, open conversation about reality, he drives us to Cookerville, and I'm just not ready to get in the car and go to Cookville with him anymore. Todd took offense to that and said, I'll called him a kook all me lots of bad names, and we don't talk anymore. That's just how I feel, man. I really do think he could be somebody who really helps push the research down the field. But I think he's just gotten to the point where he just goes through the motions and he plays this character over and over. He just does what he needs to do to get people up there for expeditions and make his living. I really fault the guy for that. He's made a living on YouTube. He's got with some like one hundred and twenty thousand followers on YouTube, and he posts clickbait titles with clickbait images and it's just Todd talking about the same thing that happened fifteen years ago, and people eat it up. Man and he has that gift to do that. And as long as he's going to continue to do that in the community at large continues to fall for that kind of crap, it's going to continue to happen. There's so many people that are in that same vein with Todd, doctor Matthew Johnson and other people we've talked about on the show that just perpetuate this craziness, and people fall for it. They hook line and sinker believe everything these people say. It really hurts the other researchers out there who are trying to do the right thing the right way. In my opinion, and that's one of the reasons we started that Bigfoot podcast was to talk about some with us people and call them out. There's very few people doing that in the community. I don't want to be the Bigfoot Police, but I can express my opinion. The show's become very popular. I can tell you that we're about fifty episodes in at this point, and people are eating it up. They love that kind of dialogue. I think it's something that's been missing in the community for such a long time. As when we see a paradol a picture, we call it out and say it's trees and leaves. Move on, right.
Speaker 3: That's my biggest struggle is when people send me stuff that I don't see it. Like literally, I see a red circle on a bunch of blurry leaves and they'll, oh, you don't see the face, no, Like, I just believe I could see where the shape of the leaves could be contorted to to a weird looking face, But to me, that's not a face. That's my biggest struggle when it comes to all these cryptid photos, not just Bigfoot, but like anytime you see a photo, they're usually blurry, and the ones that are super clear, they're instantly wrote offs AI now or fake. And I think that's what's going to be hard for anyone now to try and prove things. Even if you were to actually catch cuffle on Bigfoot walking, no one's going to believe it these days because they're going to say it's AI because that's the reality we live in at this point.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunate because so many people like Todd and others have laid the foundation for the hoaxing, and now as the tools get better for people to hoax, it's just going to continue to get worse and worse. But we continue to do it, man, We're going to continue to call people out. It's gotten to the point where I have to be careful who I bring on the show. It's happened to me a couple of times with people who recognize the popularity of the show and they want to make a name from the sales, and they've had an encounter and they want to come on and share their encounter and then lo and beholdsde airs and the next thing I see on social media they've started their own Facebook group. They're now going to become a podcaster. They've started a YouTube channel. They're doing a documentary. It's all based on their encounter story that they shared on Sasquatch Odyssey.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people that do that.
Speaker 1: And they're sharing paradolia pictures in their groups. Wayne literally texted me a couple right before I got on with you tonight. There's one person in particular who is just continuously posting pictures of trees and claiming it's dog Man and he's been chased by dog Man and chased by bigfoot. He's scared. He was going to leave research for a while because he just couldn't handle it, just perpetuating this bullshit narrative, and I'm over it. I don't like to call people out like I'll call Todd out because Todd makes a living at this, He's a big personality. I don't tend to call out just Joshmoe hoaxures or Joshmoe Paradolia guys. But it's getting to a point where if you're going to use my platform as a jumping off point or a springboard for this stuff, if you continue to do it long enough and you start selling T shirts and hats, which funny enough, this guy's starting to do, you're starting to make a little bit of money off of it. I'm probably going to have to burst the bubble, dude, because it's just paradolia, that's it. And I'm really out a point where I don't know if this guy is delusional and he really believes it like the tide thing you said earlier. I'm still on the fence, but I don't know how you could believe that, because if you're telling the story and saying, yeah, I saw him he's right there. He said, yeah, that's a dog man. You got to know that's a tree. Dude. There's something in me that says, you probably know that's a tree, and you're just trying to pass it off as something else. And these people are eating it up. They're swallowing the hook line and sinker. Maybe that show's coming on that Bigfoot podcast.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent and positive up. I know what you're talking about, and I will talk to you about it off air, because when you started talking, I mean, I think I was thinking of the same exact person right when you started talking about it before you mentioned some of the things that I have a feeling it over this who this is? Person is so and it's sad. Yeah, but there is so many people that do that. And then I don't know, I get hesitant about some of the guests that I've had out here. There was someone that reached out to me yesterday. I told them that I would be willing to do an interview, but then I started seeing the stuff that they were sending me, and I'm very hesitant. I don't want to speak on it on air o case they're listening, But like, I don't see some of the things that they're seeing, and I don't know how to go about not selling like a dick, but like, I don't see what you're saying. I can buy into and keep an open mind, but I don't see anything here. If the whole interview is based off of what you're finding, Kenzy's photos don't show me anything. So if I'm not going to believe it, why should a listener listen to it? If someone suffers from a mental illness, I'm not going to put them on air just because I need an episode. That's not how I go about it. If you'd have something wrong and you're literally seeing monsters and photos and I just see trees, either I'm blind to it or there's something else going on, you know what I mean. So I don't know how to navigate the waters. It's always tricky for me to try and pick and choose so I have on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've dealt with that so many times, and I've gotten to the point where I just tell people that's exactly what I say. I don't see what you're seeing. If I can't see what you're seeing, then I'm not confident moving forward with an interview based on what you're saying that you're seeing that I don't see, because if I can't see it, the majority of my audience is probably not going to be able to see it. So there's not really a story there for them to connect to. And that's just how I handle it. But I get that it's rare because I usually get that on the tail end unless somebody is really pushing evidence, and I get it beforehand, like you've obviously gotten. It's one thing, but a lot of people that'll come afterwards. It happens with a lot of habituation situations that I've had people on the show about, and it's means that those are the worst because these people. I interviewed a lady it's probably beginning of this year. Late last year. She came on the show and said she had been interacting with this clan a big foot around her house for decades and she moves to another state, and part of the clan followed her to another state, like seven hundred miles away. I was like, okay, I let her tell her story. She keeps talking about photos, and she keeps talking about all these situations, and I finally said to her during the interview, I said, you must have some amazing photo and video evidence. If you've been interacting with the clan of Sasquatch this closely to the point where they're bringing their babies and toddlers and leaving them into your backyard so you can quote babysit them, You've got to have some amazing photographs. Oh absolutely, yeah, I've got tons of photographs. I'd love to send them to you. Oh please do. I'll post those up on the block on the website for you guys that are listening to check out the next day. Nothing but leaves, trees, sticks, and blobsquatches. It's the worst thing ever, and it happened so many times. I've interviewed several people that have claimed to have what you would consider a habituation situation with Sasquatch, and it's never failed. No evidence whatsoever that is convincing to me other than stick's leaves and trees and what looks like pitiful examples of paradulia. Again, the stories are so compelling, they're so convincing, and these people seem to really believe what they're telling me. And I don't know what it is. I literally had a conversation with a lady it hasn't aired yet. I did this months ago. I've probably been sitting on this interview for three four months, maybe even longer. This lady was telling me she takes photos of Bigfoot, and she's trying to convince me that you have to train yourself to see the Bigfoot in the photos, because they don't show themselves to just anybody. You have to be ready to see them. You have to be willing to see them, and you have to be open minded enough to see them. I don't know what you do with that. You're explaining an enigma wrapped in a mystery, poked inside another enigma. It just doesn't make sense to me. You can't explain things that way. It doesn't make sense. I can send you these photos, but you're probably not going to see them. They're right there, but you're not going to see them.
Speaker 3: I've literally had someone just within the last few days send me something basically gave me the ultimatum that if I don't see what they're seeing, I'm in on the cover up. By being in on the cover up, I work with a trafficking a ball. I was like, what I haven't even acknowledged at this point, how do you follow that if you don't see what I'm seeing, you're a child trafficker. What That's just straight up insane shit.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, man, It's a crazy world. But that's why I keep coming back here we are.
Speaker 3: I started this because I wanted to find answers, and instead of fin answer and I've just come away with more questions. The further I go down the rabbit hole, the more and more nothing makes any sense.
Speaker 1: We're in the same boat, rowing in the same river, my friend.
Speaker 3: Well, haven't really talked much about your book. I fear been gone here about an hour and a half and wrap this up here soon. But I want to give you a chance to talk about your book whatever else it is you want to talk about before you go off here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be quick about the book. The book is a little bit about my experience. I start with my experience when I was a kid. I talk about some of the stories that I grew up hearing in the North Georgia Mountains, and I go into a lot about bigfoot and pop culture. There's an entire chapter on bigfoot and pop culture. What that means. I get into the scientific method, I break down evidence. I talk a lot about evidence, because a lot of people say skeptics. We've talked about my skeptical side. I'm certainly one of those people that you got to show me the evidence. But there's a lot of people who say that there isn't a lot of evidence for Bigfoot. There actually is. Just go on the anecdotal stories and look at those. But there's a lot of physical evidence. There's a lot of things out there. If you dig deep enough, you'll find it. So I do a chapter on evidence, breaking down what evidence actually is. I think I named the chapter can we convict Sasquatch in a court of law? I've joked about that on the show before. If Sasquatch were in a court of law on trial for being real or not, I think we would have probably been able to convict them based on just criminal statutes alone, by a jury. Going to the scientific method, you talked a little bit about the bodies and why they're not found. I do a chapter on where the bodies and talk about the fossil record. Less than one percent of our entire fossil record is actually there and complete, because it's very difficult to produce a fossil. So I go into the science of fossilization. I know that sounds really compelling for a lot of people who are probably waiting to read that with baited breath. It sounds boring, but it's really not. I try to make it as interesting as possible, and I talk about some of the behaviors that are known for primeates that could be something that Sasquatch employees to hide in play in sight, why they're so stealthy. I try to explain that sort of scientifically, and it's not this woo thing that the biggest fastest they disappear, those kind of things. I go into known primate behavior and kind of break that down and compare it to what Sasquatch could be doing. I talk a little bit about human population growth and wilderness loss and how that could affect Sasquatch, and I talk about some of the wo the high strangeness. I get into some of the habituation situations that I've talked to people about and some of the other more popular ones and what I think about those. And I just talk about our fascination with monsters, cryptids, our escapism in the modern world, and how that affects how the bigfoot phenomenon plays out. For a lot of us. Then I close out talking about the truth behind the legend, and I've talked about it before. This is not really a spoiler alert. People have reached out to me the Coalition for Critical Thinking group on Facebook. There's a lot of jahoo's in there that don't believe in Bigfoot, and they give me shit all the time for my showing.
Speaker 3: I've experienced that so far.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of great dudes in there. They're not all bad, like Stephen, the guy who started the group, and it's pretty well known in Bigfoot. I've had Stephen on my show. He's the grumpy guy in Bigfoot that doesn't believe anything. Steven's asked me when was Sasquatch ever leashed? And what's the truth behind the legend? How did you find that out? Honestly, for me and everybody else, the truth is what you choose to believe. We've talked about that all night. Is Your truth is different from mine. My truth is different from yours, and somebody else's truth may be even different from both of ours. But the truth really is what you choose to believe about the legend. Whence you put all the information together and hopefully that's what you do in the book is it leads you to the point where you have enough information to draw your own truth based on what I've talked about in the book and maybe what you've possibly heard on my show or some of the other shows, and what other people had to say. But the truth behind the legend really is what we believe it is. It's different for everybody. So that's where I wanted the book to end for people. And people have already asked me if I go to write another book, I can tell you not like that. It's not going to happen like that. I may do some sort of an encounter's book at some point, because I've amassed so many encounters, like I'm i think four hundred and fifty Sumid episodes into Sasquatch out to See at this point, So there's a ton of encounter stories there, and people have shared that I may eventually put into book form for people that are interested in it, but I don't know. It's definitely not something i'm working on. I've got a ton of speaking stuff coming up and a lot of travel. I'm going to the UK in July, man I'm speaking at a conference over there as a headliner me Jeff Meldrum. They've got quite a few people lined up for that, So a lot of travel coming up, which I enjoy. I love getting out and meeting people. I've been out selling the book. We hung out in Ohio a couple of weeks ago with Cliff Meil Drum and Matt Prewitt was there. They had a great line up. Mark Jorworth does a fantastic the Fantastic conference. If you guys have never experienced the Ohio Bigfoot Conference, it was definitely on my bucket list and I got to check that off. Invited me to come out and hang out with him, and we signed books and sold a bunch of books that day. So if you guys get a chance to check it out, you should definitely do it. Yeah, that's the book man. You can get it anywhere you want. Amazon is the go to place for everybody. It's on Barnes and Noble, anywhere you find books. You can get it on Candle, you can buy it directly from Hanger One Publishing. Doug Hichecking, those guys, his sons Alex and Blaine run the publication company that published the book, and you can get it on our website, Panormworld Productions dot com. There's a store button at the top of the page. We've still got a couple of copies that I brought back from Ohio that are signed by Cliff. I think we've got three of those left at this point. They'll probably be gone way before this airs, but we sell autograph copies of the book directly from our website. That's the only place you can get an autograph copy from me or see me in person at some of the events we have coming up.
Speaker 3: Are you familiar with the Indiana Bigfoot Conference that's happening. I'm from Indiana. In September, they're doing the first annual Indiana Bigfoot Conference. Slab and booth set up for that. I don't know if you've heard anything about it, because I don't know how much advertisement's been done for yet.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't heard of that one. Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's down in Nashville, Indiana. It's on the twenty seventh, the twenty eighth of September. Nashal a pretty big hotspot here around Indiana for sasquatch sighting. So the Indiana Bigfoot Research Organization, I believe is what they're called, is putting the Ie interviewed the Guy. This episode came out last week, but I'm going to be a vendor for that, and then there's a couple other ones. I'm actually going to be doing some stuff at too. There's one up in Michigan too, Bigfoots and Bruis and Spirits too, so that's happening up there. So there's a few of them. I'm going to be at two. That's the one thing I've started to look into more is I would like to go to some of these events just to try and meet with people, maybe find some new guests, and help get the word out about the podcast too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great place to do that. I'm actually you said September twenty seventh and twenty eighth. Yeah, I'm the headline speaker at the Ozark Mountain Bigfoot Conference on the twenty seventh and twenty eighth of September, and we're actually doing a camp afterwards. I'm going to be camping out for a couple of days after the event with some of the other conference goers, so I'm looking forward to that. It's the first time I've been to Missouri and hung out, so I don't know, it should be interesting.
Speaker 3: I never thought there was a sasquatch type of creature living around here in Indiana with everything I see around here it's just cornfields. But apparently there's been quite a few sightings around here, especially down in the southern part. I'm more in the northern part of Indiana, so the teams down south towards them starts to get mountaining hilly in activity, which again a few years ago, I would have never thought anything about it. I've been doing the podcast for two years and it's pretty much opened my eyes to a lot of the weird stuff that's apparently going on all around us.
Speaker 1: Hey, bigfoot lights, corn man, everybody's corn, right.
Speaker 3: There's more in corn in Indiana's the saying. So I guess now we know what some of that more is there. You go, Brians, been a pleasure talking with you. You want to let the audience know one more time where they can find your podcast, what's it called, and what's your book called? And everything else. We can wrap this one up, yeah, man.
Speaker 1: Sasquatch Odyssey is the flagship show for Paranormal World productions. You can get Sasquatch Odyssey, Paranormal Odyssey, that Bigfoot podcast. I do a show called Backwoods Horror Stories. It's where I narrate really cool bigfoot stories, dog man stories, lots of other weird stories that people submit. We cultivate some of those from some of the BFRO and some of the other places out there. We get them from all over, but a lot of them are submitted via email. So Sasquatch odysseye Paranormal Odyssey, Backwoods Horror Stories, that Bigfoot podcast, and I also do a true crime podcast called True Crime Odyssey. You can find that anywhere you listen to this show, any podcast app that's out there, you can find those shows. All you got to do is search them and they will pop up. You got tons of catching up to do. There's tons of episodes out there to catch up on. So we'd love to have you.
Speaker 3: I'll make sure to thinkclude links in my show notes for anyone out there listening. Brian, it's been a pleasure talking with you. You were one of the ones that the podcast people that I've had on my list. Like I said, I had a list of people I wanted to talk to you, So I'm glad I had the chance to have.
Speaker 1: You on here and talk with you for a little bit absolutely, man, I appreciate it. Had a blast.
Speaker 3: Thank you for anyone out there listening. Thanks for listening, and good night. They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be happened. Joy job that time every day came in r B pricket backs for joy from me.
Speaker 3: Enjoy staying right.
Speaker 1: You come in right away, steps, steps, steps, standing, stay, steps.
Speaker 2: About stas, understand, pass stasst us, toss