Speaker 1: It's Nights with Dan Ray on Boston's Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everyone.
Speaker 3: This is been the story that has dominated the nightly newscast for the last couple of nights. And this is now whenever there's a scandal in Washington, the powers that be like to put the word.
Speaker 2: Gate after it. You know, Watergate is the first one, is the Watergate apartment buildings that that took ended the Nixon presidency. But Hillary Gate all of these and so now we have signal Gate. And for those of you that know about this, the United States attacked the Hootie revels uh in Yemen.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Those bad boys have been raising havoc with the shipping lanes in UH in that part of the world, not only firing on US naval vessels but also firing on commercial vessels and really spent a problem. So the United States hit the hoody militia stationed in Yemen, and they are proxies of Iran, make no mistake about that, and they got hit pretty hard. I got to check my calendar. It was Saturday, March fifteenth, and so there was a a phone conversation between about a dozen, maybe as many as eighteen, members of the Trump administration. I think all of you pretty much know what I'm talking about. The Democrats are appalled because somehow someway and it's still really not known how it happened. But the editor in chief of The Atlantic magazine, which is no fan of Donald Trump, fellow eddim of Jeff Jeffrey Goldberg, was able, was somehow looped into the call. So it would be like if all of a sudden you had a funny looking phone number that popped up. Funny looking phone numbers pop up on my phone all the time. I'm sure they do on yours as well, and all of a sudden, you say, WHOA listen to this, I w A. I'm on a conference call here. Jeff Goldberg was smart enough, as a seasoned journalist just to listen and take notes. And I guess that there was also a print out associated with it. How all of that technically worked, I'm not sure, But now The New York Times has published a print out with comments of its staff of exactly what was said was that it's an official it's a transcript that The Times has published, and the blame has been assumed by one of the members of the Trump administration, Michael Waltz, the National Security Advisor, but that was not good enough for some of the White House Press Corpts today, who continued to talk to the President about this and also to the Press Secretary, Caroline Levitt. So we're going to go through all of this, and I want to hear from you now. There are some that are saying, look, this deserves a really thorough federal investigation. There are others who are saying, hey, it's a mistake. The Trump administration has admitted it was a mistake, but they're basically saying no harm, no foul, that the raid went as scheduled. All of the planes that bombed the Hoodie rebels returned safely to their either their their bases or to the to the carriers that they were on, and that court. I don't know that they have an after action report from the ground yet as to who was killed or whatever, and whether or not they were very important members of the Hoodie leadership who were killed. But I'd like to hear from you. I think the Trump administration this is first, really the first mistake or mishap, embarrassment. I don't know how you would characterize it. Of the of the administration they've been there now for well, let's see a little more than two months. Two months, uh, and so far it's been I mean, this has been controversy, but this is the first one that I think there can be legitimate criticism. So I want to know where you're standing on this. Are you appalled by this? I mean, shouldn't have happened this way? I mean, there has to be an investigation to find out why of all people's phone numbers were added to this conference call. Happened to be the editor in chief of The Atlantic, a publication which is not particularly empathetic or sympathetic to Donald Trump, and the editor in chief broke the story on Monday, which was the day before there was a Senate and then a House hearing from the intelligence leaders in this country, the head of Homeland Security FBI, the National Security Advisor, a couple of big military generals. I think it's fascinating. The Trump administration, I think should get ahead of the curve and they should say, look, this was a mistake and it's not going to happen again. We are going to find out how it happened. I mean, can you imagine you're sitting at home some day in the phone rings, and all of a sudden, you say, that's Donald Trump's voice. Oh my god, that's Marco Rubios. I'm listening. I'm part of a White House meeting. Your instinct would be to, you know, call your wife or a loved one, you know, Hey, Martha, come on, guess what we got on the phone. I mean, now, no damage. Every military personnel returned. Whatever damage was inflicted was inflicted on the hoodies. Today there was a story out of Lithuania that there are four US Army personnel missing. They were on some sort of exercise in Lithuania and the tank that they were driving apparently was found in a body of water. Sounded like it was found in a lake of some sort, with no sign of the four soldiers. Now again, I haven't checked the news since this afternoon, this evening, I should say, so that's one that I'd be really worried about what happened to these soldiers. I mean, they're out there as part of a NATO exercise and they were looking from group some vehicle which had broken down. So anyway, I'm just gonna open up the phone lines as they did last night. This is one that I want to hear your point of view on it. I mean, I can't wait for the first Democrat who's going to say this is an impeachable offense. Even though Donald Trump had nothing to do with it, he was not on the call. There will be some Democrat, probably the crazy guy from Houston, who will decide that he or maybe the new one there Justin Crockett, the one that made the horrible joke about the governor of Texas who is paralyzed and lives life in a wheelchair. Apparently, I believe, was hit incidentally by a branch while he was out jogging one day, and she called him governor hot wheels or something like that. Can you imagine if there was some Republican member of the House or the Senate who used a term like that, you'd never hear the end of it. I haven't seen that on the network newscasts at all, but I've seen what she said in the way in which she said it. Six one, seven, two, five, four thirty. Those lines are full, The lines that are open six seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. We got to take a quick break, and right after the break, we'll go to phone calls.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: So my understanding, just to clarify this and this, I've never been on a signal call, but my understanding, it's like a conference phone call. However, there's a print out. So for example, when people call me uh and leave me a voicemail at WBZ, I get a out of that. So if you call me and say, Hi, Dan, this is Joe from Plymouth. I'd like to talk to you about a story idea. Here's my number. Can you give me a call. Not only can I hear the conversation or the message, but I see it and the same way here. So for example, you have on this is now on the Let me get the right date here where am I going? He this is Friday, morch March fourteenth, the day before they have a conversation about it. And then on Saturday, March fifteenth, this is East coast time, just before noontime. And Pete hesketh hesketh hegxath. You try to say that ten times quickly. He's the Department of He's the Secretary of Defense. He writes, whether's favorable? Just confirmed with sentcom. We're a go. From Mission launch twelve to fifteen F eighteen's launch first strike Package thirteen forty five trigger based F eighteen first strike window starts target terrorist is at his known location and should be on time. Apparently the guy was there at a hotel with his girlfriend and he no longer is with us. He was one of the leaders that was taken out. So we had people on the ground. I mean we you know, was some there was some serious stuff going on here as I understand it. Okay, now again none of this was compromised, but there was a reporter listening to it. Thank goodness that he showed the good judgment of not releasing it. He has released it now after after there was some questions back and forth yesterday.
Speaker 4: So this.
Speaker 2: You can read it, you can look at it at twelve thirteen jd Vance. I'll say a prayer for victory. Mike Waltz chimes in building collapse had multiple positive ID. This was the guy who never should have gone on that lunch date. And I think that there was the CIA operative whose name was mentioned, but he was not an undercover agent there. Somehow he was the person who the information was fed to first target, their top missile guy. We had positive ID on him. Walking into his girlfriend's building and it's now collapsed. That was at two o'clock this afternoon. Vice president of Vance A tool one says excellent. John Ratcliffe, the D and I director, says a good start. So anyway, the bottom line is this is the deal, Okay. The administration's position is, hey, we ran a great operation. No harm, no foul. There was no harm. Now, if a plane had been shot down or something, that's a whole different story. If there were POWs, a different story. Learn from it. Don't use this signal app again, find a more secure you were uh signal to use. Let's go Philip in Dorchester. Phillip, you're gonna start us off. Go right ahead, Philip.
Speaker 5: All right, Dan, pleasure to talk to you, right at you. I'm a little surprised because you you seem to be almost light hearted about it. I mean, there was no skiff, there was no video, there was no security check. Besides has gets said, oh we're all good here or something. There's no archive of it. There was no there was They didn't want to do any favors for Europe. There was a transactional production for them.
Speaker 2: Well hold on, hold on, if they could stop you there for just for a second. Okay, the the amount of commercial uh ship traffic that has been attacked by the hooties. Uh, there's much more of that ship traffic that goes to Europe. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but we have some of our commercial shipping that goes through the Red Sea and then up to the Suez Canal. But it's much more substantial for Europe. And some of the conversations that you're referring to are very accurate and if I can find them here, just I want to back you up, uh, he says, let me see the Uh well, let me let me grab a spot here, uh, Vance says, uh to Headsketh HeiG Seth. If you think we should go, do it. Let's go. I just Hailey hate bailing Europe out again. The New York Times makes mention of the fact that the idea of Europe not pulling its weight on military matters has been a frequent theme of the Trump administration, including during mister Vance and mister Hegset's February visits to Europe. Yeah, I mean so so yeah they talked here and this got out, but the mission apparently was accomplished. I'm not trying to be lighthearted about it, but glad that we hit the hooties. I assume you are, well, I hope.
Speaker 6: I know very little about it.
Speaker 5: I know the Suez Canal.
Speaker 4: Is very important, and if it's more important.
Speaker 5: Than Europe, why wasn't Europe involved?
Speaker 2: And they don't have the capacity. They don't have the capability, just.
Speaker 5: As as someone else on the line, so that they could weigh in on the US action, you know, to do it in coordination with our allies, like we've done for eighty hundred years.
Speaker 2: Well, the problem is, here's the problem. Okay, from a security point of view, they made it. As you probably know. These hoodies who are you know, terrorists, rebels, radicals, whatever you want to call them. They're backed by Iran. There's a war going on between in effect, the proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia, and the Hoodies have been firing rockets and missiles into Saudi Arabia, and Saudi Arabia has been returning fire. We're on the side of Saudi Arabia in that contest. In the meantime, the Hoodi rebels have been hitting or trying to hit US naval vessels I think one hundred and sixty four navy ships which patrol that area have been attacked, and there's another significant number of commercial vessels that have been attacked. If we were to tell Europe we're going to hit the Hooti rebels on Saturday March fifteenth, and we had to bring somebody from you know, some of the governments in on Europe and it we will have lost control of the secrecy of this. I don't think that we could have done it that way. I really, as nice as it would sound, but we're doing an operation in the Middle East that may benefit Europe. But there's no need to have Europe in on this because it's only going to benefit Europe. It's not like we're hitting some some vessels that are German vessels. We're hitting the Hootie rebels who are attacking these these European ships as they go through the Red Sea.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, no one seemed to be too concerned about security. I mean, Witcoff was in Russia on a personal phone and everything in Russia. When you were in Russia, did everything you have the phone.
Speaker 2: Didn't have the phone turned on. According to Whitcoff, assuming the guy tells the truth didn't have the phone turned turned on. Look, all of this stuff is hacked. I'm apparently this this signal app and I'm not an expert in it. Phil, you may know more about it than I do. I know what it means. I know what a zoom call is. You ever been in a zoom call? Yeah, So you're sitting there in front of your your your your your laptop or your desktop, and all of a sudden a bunch of other people pop up. You can see them, they can see you. I don't think this was like a zoom call. I think this was some sort of encrypted app where they were either talking to or sending messages back and forth. They thought it was secure. Some knucklehead allowed the guy from the magazine in The Atlantic, The Atlantic Monthly, to be incorporated into the call. It would bit like of all of a sudden, you or I were incorporated in the call. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 5: He didn't believe it was true until the bombs dropped right at the moment they had said, and then he said it was real.
Speaker 4: It was real.
Speaker 2: But he's a journalist. He figured it. Maybe he figured someone was pranking him or something. I don't know. We will. Uh. But the bottom line is it was a successful mission. The Hoodies are bad guys. Uh. There their operatives of Iran. We're sending a message to the Hoodies and sending a message to Iran. I think it was a brilliant military action. We didn't lose anything. We didn't lose any one. We didn't lose a plane, we didn't lose pilots. It went like clockwork. Other than the fact that that that Jeffrey Goldberg who did nothing about it. To his credit, he didn't, you know, jump on CNN or MSNBC and say the Hoodies are about to get hit. He kept it to himself. What would you have? What would you what would you like to see happen? Let me, let me I've talked too much in this conversation. What would you like to see happen? Philm What should hell?
Speaker 4: I'd like to see a return to uh.
Speaker 5: You know, liberty, justice, the American way.
Speaker 2: You know this, so we could restore restore let's overturn the election and restore Biden to the White House. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, Well.
Speaker 2: Donald trumk got elected, Donald Trump got elected in November. We got to deal with it.
Speaker 5: It was no easy way for anybody to get into the country, so they found all the ways to get in and now their criminals that. I got to bring up one more thing, Dan, if I.
Speaker 2: Can, sure you can't. But that's a totally different topic. Hold on, hold on, I don't. I just want to make it clear you're raising a totally different topic. It's a related topic, but it's a different topic. But go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Okay, you play a PSA, do you get paid? Does BZ get paid for playing PSAs.
Speaker 2: A public service announcement?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: No, public service announcement is different from a commercial. Just sort to make sure we're everybody know, well, just make sure we know we're talking.
Speaker 5: About two mornings. I have been sick by the public service announcement that plays of what's her.
Speaker 2: Name, Christian you're talking about Christy? Yeah, Yes, she's the director, the director of Homeland Security telling people to self deport. And I think this is the one you're talking about. And if they do choose to self deport, at some point they might have a chance to come back legally. If they choose not to self deport and they are deported by Ice, they will be forever barred from coming into the country.
Speaker 5: Now you think they they are undocumented immigrants in this country.
Speaker 2: Igrants, undocumented immigrants, migrants, whatever you want to call them.
Speaker 5: Yep, right right, And she is frightening them, frighting them.
Speaker 2: She's telling them no reason, she's giving them some advice. Let's assume that you and I were here with our family, and we were here illegally, and all of a sudden, the Trump administration was finding people who were here illegally, and maybe we're okay, We've never done anything really bad other than coming in illegally. At some point I might say to you, hey, Phil, why don't we go back home. Let's get the heck out of here before they find us, and maybe someday we or our kids can come back successfully. I think that's the message she was trying to get out.
Speaker 5: It's coming right out to two hundred Venezuelans who we still don't know their names. We don't know what they did except that they were Venezuelan and somebody thought they were a member of a gang.
Speaker 2: They are members of it. They are clearly members of You know that?
Speaker 4: How do we know that?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Have you? Have you looked at the tattoos? We don't. Don't you think that we do you think that they just that they're just picking up I'm serious when I ask you this. Do you think they're just saying, Okay, let's go pick up some Venezuelans. I mean, do you do you.
Speaker 5: Think I don't know what they're doing, but I know that they do it under the cloak of darkness, and they use deadly force way too offhandedly.
Speaker 2: No one is wrong.
Speaker 5: I don't blame everybody.
Speaker 2: Else, Phil, Phil, look, because you're a good caller, I'm giving you plenty of room. But they don't use they don't use deadly force. There's no to the best of my knowledge, there's no illegal immigrant who has been killed by an ICE officer since Trump became president. They use force, yes they do, but again that's the story for another night. Phil. Let's we went a long time here, and it was an interesting call. We come a lot of ground.
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, all right, thanks than there's a lot of ground to cover.
Speaker 2: You know what. I'm here five nights a week, four hours a night. You were welcome anytime, thanks Phil.
Speaker 4: All Right.
Speaker 6: I'm a busy guy.
Speaker 5: I usually only get to listen to you for like twenty minutes a night, So tonight I was all worked up.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you called because I wish you'd call more often. Thanks, have a great night, good night, taking a break. Here comes the news back right after.
Speaker 1: That night side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, let me make it clear as I'm learning with this as you are, and one of the calls is called off here. This is not like a zoom call that these people are on. This is not a conference or anything like that. This is sort of an ongoing chat. So on their phone, they're looking at comments that one another is each other is making, and there's a timeline on it. So when heg Seth basically writes at eleven forty four on Saturday morning, team update, it's now at eleven forty four. It's it's dark in the Middle East. Okay, it's night in the Middle East. There's six hours or seven hours ahead of us. So heg Seth writes, Team update, time now eleven forty four, weather favorable. Just confirmed with Sencom. We're a go for mission launch twelve fifteen Eastern time. F eighteen's launch first Strike Package thirteen forty five trigger based F eighteen. First strike window starts. Target terrorist is at his known location, so should be on time. Also, strike drones launch fourteen ten more fteen's launch second strike package fourteen to fifteen strike drones on target. This is when the first bombs will definitely drop, pending earlier trigger based targets. Fifteen thirty six, which would be three thirty six F eighteen second strike starts. Also first sea based Tomahawk missiles. They hit these guys with a lot of different ordinance. More to follow per timeline. We're currently clean on OPSEC, meaning Operation security. Godspeed to our warriors. That's hegsat at eleven forty four. Half an hour later, at twelve thirteen, Vice President Vance says, I will say a prayer for victory. An hour and a half later, Mike Walls, the National Security Director, building collapse. VP building collapsed, had multiple positive id the IC amazing job. Vance responds. What Walt says, typing too fast. The first target their top missile guy. We had positive idea in him walking into his girlfriend's building and it's now collapsed. That was at two pm, Vance responds, excellent. Thirty five minutes later, John Ratcliffe says, a good start. So this is and it's it's a it's an ongoing text chat. So so that's where we are. Okay, Uh and uh, there was there was a moment in time where the the editor in chief of Atlantic Monthly or magazine realizes I'm listening to this in real time. Let's get back to the calls. I'm going to try to move pick people more quickly. I had a long conversation with Phil. I'm going to try to just listen Matt and Brighton.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Matt, how we're doing. Then all right, I'm going to try and do this quick. A couple of comments and then an open end the question. Sure, here we go. All right, I know the signal pretty well kind of as you said. It is a messaging app. It's encrypted with a certain level of encryption that is more secure than text messaging, et cetera. You can message one on one, you could do a video call, you can do most of what texting could do. I'm gonna say, straight up, no matter what who these needed to be hid, they need to continue to be hit. It didn't take away anything from being hit from our country. Europe has the lack of structure and the lack of capability if you will, because Europe is not a country, it's a series of countries. And what we did essentially, and the timeline that you put out with the timeline that Okay, I'm not going to mispronounce his name. But second, you know.
Speaker 2: Pete heg Seth hes yep.
Speaker 7: Right, okay, exactly so where he put that out based off the time you know, a twenty four hours you know time zone layer and what I I'm going to go on a limb here. I have a feeling that somebody, my son conspiracy might be wrong. Somebody put Goldberg into that chat. It was eighteen people in there.
Speaker 2: He is, I don't buy it. I don't buy it, and I'll tell you why I don't buy it. Matt. First of all, I think that forensically they can figure it out. I think that Goldberg was added, you're going to find out by an aid to Mike Waltz. Again, heg Seth set it up. Uh. He convened the meeting, he invited people, and I think that Waltz, an aid for Waltz, made a mistake. I don't think it was intentional. Why would they invite a guy who's a critical editor in chief doesn't make sense.
Speaker 7: Okay, you make you make a point. My answer to that is that there's not a great answer. But if it was not Walls or him, it would be something of a monetary Okay, I'm just gonna put it there. I'm not saying that's just.
Speaker 2: Mind.
Speaker 5: Let's something were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's let's move away from because there's nothing. It's you're you're speculating on it, and that's not moving a story for absolutely.
Speaker 7: And my only point is that he was very smart not have infiltrated our country by dismantling that information early. My question to you, as I said, I was going to ask at the beginning, do you think, and it's it's really a question. I'm not at all staying it in the speculatory way. Do you think that it was known that that person habit information prior to it being Do you think the signal, you know, dismantling and basically was known prior to when we all found out.
Speaker 2: No, I think we found out when he broke the story. I think we found out when Goldberg broke the story in Monday. I'm sure Goldberg talked to his editors, but I think he found out on we found out from him on Monday. I think that the raid was effectuated, was achieved on Saturday, March fifteenth, and it took until Monday the twenty fourth, So that's nine days before Goldberg broke the story. He broke the story the day before. The US security chiefs, including the FBI director, the head of Homeland Security, and a couple of generals, as well as Radcliffe, the CIA Director, appeared before the Senate on Tuesday and the House today. Those were pre scheduled hearings.
Speaker 7: That's been that I know, and I'll finish from this note. When my feeling is is what should happen, is that there there needs to be I believe it. Look I stand. I am a stark conservative and best independent, but I stand strong on the equality of culpability. When we make a mistake. We made a mistake, Mike Walls made it, somebody made it own it. But when we look at the difference between Hillary, Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go there, Mike. I don't want to go there because I'm on my brain. I'm up to my break. You made a lot of sense and you were pretty quick, so I appreciate it. Okay, I gotta keep more man, I really do. Thanks Matt. Not all right, we'll talk soon. Coming back on night Side right after this break only line six one seven two.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray line from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 2: I know you folks are trying. I know some of you have waited for a long time. But please let's help us out and let's move quickly here. Okay, if I can, I'll try to keep quiet and listen to what you want to tell me. Kevin and Waltham next, Kevin on Nightside, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Hi, Dan, I think you might mean Ken in Waltham.
Speaker 2: Yes that it says Kevin. But Ken and Waltham. Thank you for doing that for me. Okay, thank you, Ken, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: So you know you've brought up part of some of the discussion, which is no harm, no foul, that kind of thing. Because the mission was a success, I think there has been harm. My concern I you know, I had the honor of flying with the Air Force pilots for about ten years, and they have to work with a lot of precision and concentration, particularly when they're carrying out mission missions. And my concern is in the future you know. I mean, they've got to be focused on their mission, and I just hate to think any of them, in the back of their mind are saying, gee, maybe this time, you know, Walt invited his rushing counterpart instead of Jeff Goldberg, and somehow the enemy knows that we're coming.
Speaker 2: You know, I think that. First of all, as you probably know, Walsh has a pretty distinguished military background. He would be the last guy that I would suspect of something like that. I think that his AID. I think it'll be to be proven forensically that the AID made a mistake and he looked at, you know, a phone file, and instead of putting on someone who he intended to, he he misstated the number and Luke Goldberger. I think that's the mistake. I can't prove that, but I certainly don't think Wall said to his AID, hey, let guts get you know, the guy from Atlantic.
Speaker 4: Monthly on him. And I'm not suggesting if I spoke that way, I didn't mean to suggest that. I believe this is a total accident and nobody wanted Jeff Goldberg on the call. But but it's but I know the signal is not. I mean, this is why you know, maybe it was on Tuesday where all the testimony was nothing classified was brought forth on this because this is not a viable platform to have these discussions.
Speaker 2: Well my understanding, and I could be wrong here that this signal platform has been used only by this administration, but by the Biden administration. Now if I'm wrong on that, fine, If the Trump switched from something that was more secure to signal, well that was a big mistake and they should be called out on it. But I again, you're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just gonna say, you asked Phil what he you know, what do you want to see go forward? I would like to see an investigation or some sort of analysis go forward where these kind of mistakes can't happen and where our pilots yeah right, and that our pilots feel that our administration are focused on classification. I had a security you know, uh, security clearance for forty years. I mean, between Hillary and our servers, Trump and the documents in mar Largo, Biden and all of his documents that he had in his I mean, I just can't believe how lax our administrations have been, you know, our people in power.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, and I think that's a legitimate point, but I don't want a point and say that you know who was worse, you know, tru Up in mar A Lago or Biden with with with the garage and the corvette in the corvette. The fact of the matter is all this stuff needs to be tightened up.
Speaker 4: And thank god, that's my damn that that is that is my point. Then we're together right right, And I just want our military people to believe that that we're going forward in a way to tighten things up, because I don't know. I wish we could talk to some pilots.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: This administration has some young military guys and positions of incredible power. Haig Seth Veteran certainly the vice president of Marine who served UH in the Middle East. Waltz, I believe special forces. So you know, if those guys don't have you back, then I don't know who's going to have you back. Ken Let me run. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: We'll talk soon. Okay, keep calling the show. Okay, next up, very quickly, Joe and Revere. Joe, you're next on nights side. Give it your best shot.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Joe, darl how are you? But never mind, Okay, what are they using when they're texting to each other these higher ups in the government. Are they using AOL? Are they using Microsoft Messenger?
Speaker 2: No? I think they're using some sort of they And again I'm not good on this, Joe. They're using an app which is called Signals, so they would have they they said this is the most secure app. Obviously when you make a mistake and put someone.
Speaker 8: On the and says, nobody wantitors it, Dan and says that like this is going to report it, don't send it to him. I mean, you know, I'm just asking what they're using for communication.
Speaker 2: I answered you, John, I saw car.
Speaker 8: I mean you we use all right, Dan, I'm just saying, like, no.
Speaker 2: You asked me what it was, and I'm telling you they have an app. You know what an app is, uh, And it's an app that's called Signals. And they inadvert they either they I believe inadvertently someone made a mistake and put some individual on there who should have been on there. If they put my phone number on there or your phone number, it was a mistake. Oh god, Okay, they happened to put a guy on They didn't put a media person. If they had put a media person on who was friendly to Trump. I would say they Dad, wasn't a mistake they put They put, you know, some media person who would be able to say, oh, I was on the line and I was listening, and they were perfect. They put somebody on who has been critical, critical, and even more critical of Donald Trump. Why would they do that intentionally?
Speaker 8: Well, that should be more monitored.
Speaker 2: Dan, you know I agree with you. I agree with you. Okay, thanks Joe, good points, appreciate that. Thank you. Have a great night. I'm gonna try to get Paul. Paul. I will hold you over. If you can't finish your your your comments. Go ahead. We only got about a minute left in this hour, but go ahead.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks Dan, Dan, I just want to offer this hypothesis. Military messages, when they send them out, they they might put the uh, for instance, the commander of the Atlantic area of the coast guy they simply call it Atlantic. So possibly you're gonna have a high ranking military official like that that might be involved in this uh this conversation. And maybe they just inadvertently whatever this app was, contacted the newspaper man instead of instead of the admiral who was charge of the Atlantic area. So that's just my hypothesis.
Speaker 2: Well, if that's true, it's pretty sloppy. Oh, it's like it's like, uh, it's like Alex Cora trying to have a conversation with the Red Sox general manager Craig Breslow, and he's talking to some guy who knows nothing about baseball. I mean, look, this is a mistake. Okay, I don't see it any other way. It should never happen again. Thank god, there was no foul. There was there was a foul, but no harm. That's all I'm trying to argue.
Speaker 6: I could see that happening with these new apps.
Speaker 2: You know me too. I don't understand him. I'm with you on that, fill with you on that. But I think about apps. I think about appetizers.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, well, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Paul, we got you and appreciated. I'll let you go all right with those on the line, Mark and Peter, you stay there, if not, light up the rest of the lines, we'll be back right after eleven o'clock news. I won't know what you think. I mean, this is not Watergate, folks. I hate to tell you that, but the Democrats see it a little differently, and if you have seen it differently, call me up. We will take all coming