Speaker 1: It's time for what you're watching Wednesday. The following program is brought to you in living color, but you're watching it in there. Americans love television.
Speaker 2: They win their kids USA television.
Speaker 3: You've been watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 5: The origin is from gin rummy, but it does come from the Yiddish word schneider.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Interesting, it translates to it's a German word translates to tailor or cutter. The connection to cutting or being shut out may relate to the idea of losing, of a losing street, cutting off the possibility of winning or scoring.
Speaker 4: Fascinating.
Speaker 5: I would argue with that, but I love etymology.
Speaker 2: What you're watching Wednesday. We talked about the shows that we've been watching. You started watching eToy.
Speaker 4: I want to love it. I want to love it so much.
Speaker 1: It is a series.
Speaker 2: It is on Netflix, and it's all about something like the.
Speaker 1: You're going to ballet people.
Speaker 2: You're gonna explain this ballet people in America have an exchange program with the ballet people in France.
Speaker 4: They're trying to create.
Speaker 5: They're trying to create excitement around two different ballet companies, one in Paris, one in New York by swapping the big stars to get more people talking about these ballets, and.
Speaker 4: With it comes people. It's a very small orbit.
Speaker 5: People have worked together, you know, with both companies, so there's a lot of overlap there when it comes to pasts and relationships and things of that nature. The thing that I love about this show so far is the ballet is real, the dancing is real, and it's fun to watch them use real dance, real dancers. Oh yeah, they use real people from real ballet companies.
Speaker 1: Eye line. I said Netflix, it's on Amazon.
Speaker 4: If it is on Amazon, yeah, it's a whole series.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a movie. It's gonna be a whole series. That sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: You talk about it a lot for somebody who hates it. You sound like you're very interested.
Speaker 2: It became a punchline to a joke in our house because we watched G twenty also on Amazon, and if my wife watched sat through that she was going to make me sit through with some movie about ballet people.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to love it. It's not that it may get there. I'm only like halfway through episode two. There's some moments where I'm like, this is overdone or kitchy or what have you. But there's some great moments, there's some great writing, and I'm still sticking in for the dancing because it's nice.
Speaker 4: It's rare to see real dancers in a show.
Speaker 1: I mentioned G twenty.
Speaker 2: This is Viola Davis as the President of the United States attending the G twenty summit, which then gets taken over by terrorists, and she as a farmer army vet or as an army vet and her secret service guy and her family. As a matter of fact, they kind of fight their way out of it and save a bunch of lives. The problem with it is back at the White House. Clark Greg from all the Marvel movies plays the Vice President and drop this line, which was the first one where I wanted to strangle myself.
Speaker 1: And Richards seen the process.
Speaker 2: He's listening to a leader read a fake statement. Basically, it's artificial intelligence. It's a deep fake to make it look like all of the leaders of these countries are going to screw the rest of the world.
Speaker 1: And a war work. Disinformation is more powerful than information. As he was so very damn in Europe.
Speaker 2: It was just one of those preachy kind of a couple of lines like that, But I would say this my dog and I loved the elevator fight scene if you haven't seen that yet. And Viola Davis does a great job as this president turned action hero. I thought she did a pretty good job, so it was fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Not good. Davis is happy knowing that you think she did a pretty good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not good. Not a good movie. Refeet, not a good.
Speaker 4: VI look good.
Speaker 5: They're pimping it pretty hard on Amazon whenever you log on there, and I'm just like, I don't know, Okay.
Speaker 2: We'll do our trailers. We'll hear from what other people are watching when we come back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a new show coming out on Prime, a movie, a thriller with Jessica Bial and Elizabeth Banks. It's called The Better Sister. That trailer's up there. I'm about to watch it right now.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the shoes yet, but I've got a figure in mine fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: Fifty bucks. It would take him fifty.
Speaker 2: Bucks for me to take those shoes off him. You don't have to take that. I'll take them off. I'll actually do that part of it. You took a picture of my shoes, you would see dirty old shoes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people said four bucks, twelve bucks, six bucks, twenty two. Somebody said one thousand dollars. They would pay a thousand dollars for your worn shoes. Okay, that's a listen.
Speaker 1: I would take it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you mean you I arranged this? I am the one who brokeer this deal. I at least get half.
Speaker 1: I'll give you one percent.
Speaker 4: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: Half of the shoe you half of the shoe purchase. I mean, is that really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, I would pay Gary to burn them and never wear them again.
Speaker 1: Was that my wife?
Speaker 4: Does she talk about these shoes?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure she's probably not out loud. She doesn't.
Speaker 5: So they said, you could pay me one hundred dollars. Let's see, seven dollars if they were at goodwill, but two dollars since I know they were Gary's ha ha, five bucks, one hundred and thirty pesos fifty cents.
Speaker 2: We have our trio of trailers up on the website right now. If you go to KFI AM six forty dot com says you would pay you twenty two dollars for them. That's not very much among other things. Now you see me The third movie in that installment is Back the Rock in the Smashing Machine, and then the twe trailer that you just watched Jessica Bill and Elizabeth Banks in The Better Sister, a murder mystery. It was a book at one point, also interesting. So we were asking what you have been watching.
Speaker 3: I'm watching Ratchet on Netflix.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty intense show. It's about Nurse Ratchet, and so far it's really good, really suspenseful, and I think it's pretty well done. I think I saw that years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a five years ago.
Speaker 4: I think she's really good in everything.
Speaker 1: Uh Paul Boy, I can't remember him.
Speaker 2: I've been watching reruns of King of the Hill on Hulu, getting ready for Return to the King.
Speaker 4: He sounds like that.
Speaker 2: Sarah Paulson later this year, Sarah Paulson. I didn't realize that they were doing a return of the King of the Hill.
Speaker 1: But that's good.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 4: This is Claudine from Long Beach.
Speaker 1: Hy Claudine.
Speaker 4: I'm watching The Long Bright River on Peacock with Amanda Secree. My brother watched is wonderful and a crime drama, suspenseful show and it's so great. You should watch it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I started watching that it was just really dark. It is very dark, and I wasn't in the mood for darkness. But my brother loves it.
Speaker 1: And was that on It was on Peacock, is what she said.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, I'm watching mob Bland on Paramount Plus, the one with Tom Hardy.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's just kind of hard to understand them sometimes. I love on the Spectrum finished.
Speaker 2: I kind of watched that song with my wife and now that that's over, she's.
Speaker 1: Watching Bailing Out Loud. Oh yeah, kind of different. Yeah, take care, guys.
Speaker 2: Bailing Out Loud is the story. We talked about it about a month ago. That was a show about a young woman with Tarets.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, my one of my girlfriends loves that show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's like, you have to watch this. I'm like, I don't know, I live it.
Speaker 3: Hey, Garing, shuh, Yeah, I've been listening to your reviews on Friends and Neighbors.
Speaker 4: I might just jump in.
Speaker 3: Haven't had the time, but like a little guilty pleasure for us out here at the house is as naked and afraid, Like I don't know, probably watched it ten years ago, one episode and like now it's just like it's it's like a little more revamped, and it's kind of interesting, like what if we were put into this situation of survival?
Speaker 2: That's that is always an interesting personal test. You see yourself in those situations, or if you did find yourself in those situations, great, you can probably have clothes on, but.
Speaker 1: I just would survive.
Speaker 5: I spend all when I've watched bits of that show, I just spend it wondering what led these people to sign up for this show. I went on to where you're signing up to be naked and.
Speaker 1: Afraid with television with another person.
Speaker 5: With a stranger on television, right, what what led to this?
Speaker 1: But he brings up a point.
Speaker 2: My wife and I are watching the shows that are now being released weekly. Back to that old thing, right, And so there are multiple days where you know, on Thursday, I can watch Hacks and Friends and Neighbors Your Friends and Neighbors with John Hamm on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: I can watch the rehearsal on Sunday night.
Speaker 4: Oh I got it, you know what, I haven't even.
Speaker 2: Started that, And well there's only two of them out now, so you get through tonight, but then what do we do for the other night? You know, and it's if it's a regular thing, you got to find something else.
Speaker 5: Do You got to talk to your wife. But I have one that's what saves my husband.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things. But we also type up.
Speaker 2: We call up an episode of Elsbeth, which is a goofy little CBS show. It's it'd be like today's equivalent of murder. She wrote, oh really in that it's it's an easy, self contained She's a you'd find it on Paramount Plus now, but they.
Speaker 1: Do, but they also have it on CBF.
Speaker 2: CBS don't say are they British.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: She actually is a character that showed up in The Good Wife. Do you ever see that with Julianna Margalli. Now this is a spin off, although it's nowhere near as dramatic. It's a lot supposed to be a lot funnier, goofy or lighthearted, but it's a crime is committed in the first five minutes of the show, and she spends the rest of it solving the crime.
Speaker 4: I see.
Speaker 5: I think my husband would punch me right in the face if I called up something called Elsbeth for the evening viewing.
Speaker 1: It's mindless.
Speaker 4: He would just see that name and be like, no, he'd give it a chance.
Speaker 2: He'd better be wearing shoes when he does it, though, because I know how you get infatuated. You'd be so distracted by his feet that this show is fine. My shoes are acceptable. John coblt Show is coming up next Stay