Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and Dona Koa n FM got.
Speaker 3: Stay the nicety through Frey, Andy Connal keeping sad day.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to a Tuesday edition of the show.
Speaker 5: I'm your host for the next three hours.
Speaker 4: Mandy Connall joined by Mine right and man. We call him a Rod, you can call him Anthony Rodriguez.
Speaker 5: Today we are going to take you through a busy broadcast day. Today.
Speaker 4: I have to say there is an embarrassment. Hang on, I'm trying to respond. It's a thin T shirt type to the texture. Was concerned that I was wearing a hoodie today and it's so warm now it's like a thin T shirt slash hoodie type thing.
Speaker 5: I'm w Rod wearing a full on hoodie. Yeah, he's a Maniam really down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's one of the things that uh oh gosh, his name just went right out of my head. The guy who was in Mike and Molly. Uh, I know Billy Gardell. So Billy Gardell's lost like one hundred and sevents. Yes, friend of the show, Billy Gardell, And he actually says, no one.
Speaker 6: Told me how cold I was going to be all the time, which makes it crazier that Dragon wears shorts.
Speaker 4: He's Dragon is not a normal person. Well, I mean, can we just I mean his name is dragon. His name is dragon. Okay, that should have just been the indication right there, Red Beard textor who just asked, does Mandy wear a swimsuit in the hot springs at hot Soulfur Springs where I was on Saturday? They're required at all times. But the fact is, if I'm in public, I'm going to be wearing a swimsuit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not doing that.
Speaker 4: This is like my worst nightmare of my life that I go to some beach somewhere, some topless each some naked beach, and I decide to you know, to join.
Speaker 5: In with the natives. And someone from Colorado was like, is that me any Connell?
Speaker 7: I gotta be real with you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, your husband Chuck strikes me as the guy who would not for the reasons that are weird and gross.
Speaker 7: I feel like he would enjoy a nude beach.
Speaker 5: He does not care.
Speaker 4: That man, That man has zero level of concern about what anybody else thinks of him.
Speaker 5: Like me, I mean, obviously not what you would see, but just like the freedom.
Speaker 2: No, he just was like, I don't care.
Speaker 4: He really is one of those I mean part of that. Any guy that's been in the military will tell you that there is no modesty left by the time you get out of the military. You have done it all in front of a bunch of other dudes. So it's like like and he would walk out and just like stretch out, Oh what I'm talking about? Exactly exactly what he would do me. On the other hand, it's my nightmare. A friend of mine, a really good friend of mine from college. I've known this guy for forever and know his wife really well. He's like, Hey, we go to this place in Jamaica and they have a nude island and I'm like, no hard passing in that. He's like, look, dude, I don't care. We've been friends for for I go. It's not you I'm concerned about. It would be that one random person from Colorado that happens to listen to the show.
Speaker 5: That would be my nightmare. Is it free to have somebody walk up while I'm naked and go, are.
Speaker 4: You Mandy Connell? It's horrifying. I'm a very modest person overall. And I did say that Mandy, I would argue that a rod is also not a normal person. I don't think you can be a normal person and works successfully in radio, So you may be onto something.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: Clothing optional resorts are awesome.
Speaker 2: That from Mike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mike, till I bump into you, I mean I would die mortification, That's what I'm saying. I would die of mortification. I really would. Here's the story just to and I'm gonna get to the blog, I promise you in just a second.
Speaker 5: Because it is so good today and there's lots of stuff. No so here I am.
Speaker 4: I'm pregnant with my daughter, right and I was in Southwest Florida, and I'm pregnant. I'm on the radio throughout my entire pregnancy. Well, two weeks before my due date, I end up having a situation and I've talked about it briefly on the show before, where she went into fetal distress and all of a sudden, I have to have an urgent sea section, and her heart rate was stopping, and it was the most stressful experience, horrible experience I've ever had in my entire life. But I'm in there and they're like, look, we're going to do an urgency section. You're going in at six twenty five. It's just gonna happen. Bing bang, boom.
Speaker 5: We're just gonna do it. You don't have any say in this. I'm like, great, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Inside, I'm freaking out at a level that I have never freaked out before in my entire life. Like I cannot even begin to explain the catastrophizing that's going on in my mind.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking.
Speaker 4: I'm just laying there waiting and they take me in to do the sea section. And when you go into do a sea section, obviously it's surgery, so you're naked, right, You're laying on the table. They got the little towel cover or whatever it is on you, but you're basically laying there, splayed out. And the anesthesiologist walks in and she's a shorter woman, built sort of like a refrigerator. She was very solidly built, and she walks up to me and she goes, Okay, here's what's gonna happen. We're gonna go ahead and try and do this with just an epidural. But if the doctor tells me you need to go to sleep. There is no discussion. You will be going to sleep and you will wake up and you will have a baby. And that's what's going to happen. And that's exactly how she said it. And she goes, do you understand what I'm saying? And I said, oh, yes, I do, thank you. And she takes two steps away and turns around and goes, are you Andy Connell?
Speaker 7: And I was like, why, God, why why now?
Speaker 4: And she was so sweet and so kind, and she told me that she listened to the show all the time and she was going to make sure that everything was fine. But it was just mortifying the whole thing. Stressful, mortifying. And that is exactly what is going to happen if I go to a nude beach exactly. The only worse because I'll be standing up and naked voluntarily. No way, not a chance. Anyway.
Speaker 5: All right, let's do the blog because the blog.
Speaker 4: Is, like I said, fantastic today, it's an embarrassment of riches and I think you're gonna be shocked about today's first topic. I'll get to that right away. Find the blog by going to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline that says for twenty two to twenty five blog y X is the Public Square plus DEM's hate democracy or transparency.
Speaker 5: Click on that and here are the headlines you will find with them.
Speaker 6: With Office South American allmerships and clipments as plant.
Speaker 5: Today on the blog.
Speaker 4: If you aren't on x dot com, you just aren't up to speed scrolling, scrolling scrolling. Hey Rod breaks down the draft with Colorado's Morning News. Only two more days until the draft. Colorado lawmakers will override police's veto bonds equal debt No matter what Denver says. School leaders need to be checked by parents. Student loan collections are starting back up. To be clear, what's excuse me? Shannon Sharp is accused of sexual assault. Ice arrested people outside the co courthouse. Representative joon A Goose called let me try this again. I go with the hiccups, okay. Representative jo A Goose cause needless doge panic Duke Scooper flag is going pro Colorado Dems have a dumb idea to reduce auto insurance. What might the new area around Ballerina look like? The Pope's funeralist Saturday. Parents fighting against curriculum at.
Speaker 5: The Supreme Court?
Speaker 4: Can we talk about Christy nomes purse for a minute. A climber finds a body listening to music releases opioids in your brain? Is chet GPT too much of a suck up? Will the Broncos trade up? Pedro Pascal on being a heart throb? Ditch the phones on vacation?
Speaker 5: Those are the headlines on the blog.
Speaker 4: At mandy'sblog dot com. You guys are crep Yeah, thank you, Maylan. You guys are cracking me up on the on the text line the Common Spirit Health text line. You can always join in on the conversation by texting two five six six'.
Speaker 2: Nine Oh.
Speaker 4: Mandy if you're seeing on a new beach and they ask if You're mandy Con, well just tell them You're Randy.
Speaker 5: Cromwell, oh of, course Because randy goes to nude beaches all the.
Speaker 4: Time and to this text through who, Said mandy naked beaches are great until you see the naked people that hang out.
Speaker 5: There not playboy and playgirl.
Speaker 4: Material, well at the ripe old age of fifty, FIVE i would Say i'm probably in that not playboy or playgirl.
Speaker 5: Category at this point in my.
Speaker 6: Life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Anyway so moving on from that whole conversation that we didn't even need to get, STARTED i want to jump into my topic. Today and my big topic today may seem so, weird BUT i had a revelation. Yesterday YESTERDAY i was scrolling THROUGH x AS i want to do BECAUSE i follow a lot of news. OUTLETS i follow a lot of, NEWSPAPERS i follow a lot of, POLITICIANS i follow a lot of political And i'm still gonna call It twitter BECAUSE i Like twitter, better BUT i follow Political twitter on x dot com and it is the absolute best way to keep up to speed on what is happening politically in this.
Speaker 5: COUNTRY x Dot com is the town.
Speaker 4: Square, Now I'm i'm not gonna sit here and tell you that they are not complete scumbags and racists and Anti semites and crazy idiotic people that will call you nasty names on occasion if you. Engage but, ULTIMATELY x Dot com for me is almost LIKE i liken it to the old, wires you, know back in the day WHEN i first started in, radio And i'm sure a rod you did not ever see this in a radio station you worked in the first radio JOB i ever had was working for nine to seventy wins In, Orlando, florida and it was a news station and we actually had AN ap ticker machine that printed out a ticker tape of, headlines and then we had this Big remember those dot matrix printers with the with the holes on the side that you had to pull off the paper after you printed. Them oh While i'm going on, now you know WHAT i? Mean, YEAH i mean they're. Giant they're like this b and it would have a constant like we have on the computer, now THE ap feed right LIKE i can pull up THE ap feed and see what THE ap is. Feeding it used to come over this giant dot matrix machine and it would constantly be sending news.
Speaker 7: Out.
Speaker 4: GUYS i feel like that's WHAT x dot com does for me right. Now and the REASON i say this is not BECAUSE i agree with EVERYTHING i. See and you do have to be a discerning customer when you are on any social media. Platform and by WHAT i mean is there's a lot of crap ON x dot. Com there's a lot of garbage ON x dot. Com AND i will tell you that if you see a news story that you think to, yourself, Aha finally someone.
Speaker 5: Is proving WHAT i.
Speaker 4: Think you need to double check. It you gotta double check, everything but it's a great starting.
Speaker 7: Point and you can't just check the check marketing.
Speaker 5: Right, No, no that means.
Speaker 4: Nothing not the check mark means. Nothing, WELL i have one SO i can. EDIT i like it looks. COOL i, MEAN i do like, it BUT i have it SO i can edit my. TWEETS i hate that it shows editing and people can see your grew. UP i still go and delete and. READ i don't care because usually it's a minor spelling, something something THAT i never changed the. Intention but What i'm trying to say in the, TWEET i merely go back and correct something THAT i got wrong BECAUSE i.
Speaker 5: Was in a, hurry, RIGHT i, mean SO x is.
Speaker 4: YESTERDAY i want to share with you WHAT i found ON, X, like this is my fines from yesterday ON x dot. Com and this is just what you're missing if you're not ON x dot. Com and by the, way this is not an endorsement OF x dot com this in any, way shape or. Form i'm just letting you know that if you want to know the latest of what's happening right, now go TO x dot, com create a free account and follow all the news media, outlets follow all the politicians you can think, of follow all the talking heads you can think, of Including Mandy connell At Mandy. Connell that would be awesome because then you get little nuggets like. This SO i want to share with you this exchange Where Elizabeth warren appeared on a podcast with a GUY i have never. SEEN i will probably never see him. AGAIN i have no idea who this guy. Is But Liz warren shows. Up Senator Liz, warren she shows. Up she's gonna be because you, know, now The democrats are, like we gotta be on social, media we gotta talk to, podcasters and they think they're just going to get an, easy an easy, track. Right but listen to this exchange as this unnamed podcaster decides to Press Senator Elizabeth warren On Joe biden's mental.
Speaker 5: Fitness, okay just listen to this. Exchange do you.
Speaker 3: Regret saying That President biden had a mental, acuity he had a sharpness to. Him you said that up Until july of last.
Speaker 5: YEAR i said WHAT i believe to be.
Speaker 7: True and do you think he was as sharp as?
Speaker 5: You, okay you, guys what you can't see right? There she just. Laughed she actually laughed when he asked that. Question But i'll let her. ANSWER i, SAID i had not seem to.
Speaker 2: Climb and the other.
Speaker 4: Thing you get this, guy she, SAYS i SAID i had not seen, decline and he looks at her, like are you blanking crazy right?
Speaker 5: Now But i'll let her continue that.
Speaker 3: Pool you did not see any decline from twenty twenty Four Joe biden to twenty twenty One Joe biden.
Speaker 8: Not WHEN i said. That the sin is.
Speaker 5: He look he was, sharp he was on his.
Speaker 2: FEET i saw him live.
Speaker 5: EVENT i had meetings with him a couple of.
Speaker 3: Times senator on his feet is not. Praise he can speak in sentences is not.
Speaker 7: Praise fair.
Speaker 5: Enough Fair now she's laughing in.
Speaker 4: This she's laughing about the fact that The Democratic party conspired with The White house to cover up from The american people that The president of The United states was not in full control of his mental. Faculties she is responsible for one of the greatest scams perpetrated on The american, people she and her, party and she's laughing about it. NOW i would have never seen this were it not FOR. X somebody IS x dot com different than the?
Speaker 5: App it is.
Speaker 4: NOT i just have it on my desktop right, now so IT'S x dot, com but the app is JUST. X, Mandy i'm ON x AND i don't know how this came, about But i'm getting UNSOLICITED x rated material on my.
Speaker 5: Feed have you had this? Happen go darn.
Speaker 4: Touton YES i, have And i've had to unfollow some people because they. Reshare porn is a huge part OF x dot. Com but it's very easy to avoid, it really. Is and before any of you, go, Sure, Mandy i'm sure you avoid. It, LOOK i open UP x dot com in my work computer and the last THING i need is for my boss to walk up behind me and see pornography on MY x.
Speaker 5: Speed SO i work very hard to cultivate it not being.
Speaker 7: THERE i feel LIKE i follow one a day for the stuff that they, repose and.
Speaker 4: Sometimes people will post videos of like people, dying AND i mean SO i unfollow anyone That i'm connected, to and in all, HONESTY i only use the tabs that are PEOPLE i. Follow they offer other tabs now that are like for you or, whatever But i'm not doing.
Speaker 5: THAT i do following there's two.
Speaker 4: Tabs if you go, following you are only going to see the people that you are, following and you have much more control over that part of x dot. Com so the other thing THAT i found yesterday in addition to, that was a press conference With Lee zelden from THE. Epa, now the way this is, cut it's a little bit hard to immediately understand what he's talking, about BUT i want. TO i want to jump into this because there's a new attitude on the right when it comes to dealing with the, media AND epa Director Lee zelden has been talking about the various the the the the twenty billion dollars that The Joe biden administration fast walked out the door to democratic friends and they're brand new alleged environmental. Organizations and he's been tracking down that money and trying to claw it. Back and The New York times keeps saying without, evidence without, evidence and that is what he's talking in this.
Speaker 5: Clip how is it no? Evidence how can any paper.
Speaker 2: Political has written?
Speaker 9: It Washington post has written, It The New York times has written, it others have written that there's no.
Speaker 5: Evidence and now we're all together And i'm glad that we, are and it's you, know It's.
Speaker 9: April twenty, First It's april twenty, first twenty twenty. Five why should any story get written after today that says no?
Speaker 5: Evidence go, ahead just question.
Speaker 10: Sir oh, sorry she's a reporter Liter friedman with The New York. Times Where as a judge said that this is From.
Speaker 5: I'm Saying New York times said, It, Lisa. Lisa If New York times is going to write that there is no, evidence.
Speaker 10: Not, Sir we've written that the new or that judges have not found.
Speaker 9: Okay over over the last few, months Leez, elden a mystery of The Environmental Protection, agency has made explosive you know you know this because you wrote, it has made explosive accusation against the Biod, administration accusing it of insane malfeasance in its handling of twenty billion in climate. Grants, now as a legal battle ensues over those, funds many of Mister zelden's claims remain unsupported and some are flat out.
Speaker 5: False why wouldn't you write that there is any?
Speaker 10: Evidence could you point us to where the judges have found that There's now she's trying to hide behind judges but then he goes on to point, out you did not say the judges said there was no.
Speaker 5: Evidence The New York times said there was no. Evidence he throws it back in her.
Speaker 4: Face over and over and over, again and she has no response other, than well.
Speaker 5: It judge didn't say, it. Judged that's not the.
Speaker 4: Point and he absolutely held her feet to the. Fire, NOW i don't WATCH epa press. CONFERENCES i do.
Speaker 2: Not you do, NOT i do.
Speaker 4: NOT i also learned from x dot com that it Is Lesbian Visibility week this week a rod so it's time for the lesbians to throw off their cloaks of. Invisibility and if you want to know HOW i knew, THIS i learned it Because Governor Tina. Kotek she, says in case you missed, It i'm one of q lesbians who hold the title of governor in The United. States i'm proud to live in a service state where every person can be their authentic.
Speaker 5: Selves now let me just ask this.
Speaker 4: Question if we have two sitting governors that are, lesbians are they? INVISIBLE i, mean it certainly flies in the face of thinking someone is, invisible and quite, frankly the lesbians THAT i know are like look. AWAY i don't have time for. You so this is all STUFF i learned on x dot com this. Week but that's not. All you know HOW i feel About Andrew, tate the absolute misogynistic scumbag pig who has been embraced by some on the right FOR i have no idea. Why if you want to know why this guy is such a, clown he posted a video On wait For it x dot com and in the, video, wait don't turn the volume, up, arod BECAUSE i don't even know what's in the background of the.
Speaker 5: Volume But i'm just gonna walk you through what's in this.
Speaker 4: Video it starts out with him sitting on a, couch a white. Couch he's got a dumb bill in each. Arm he does a couple Of arnold presses ONE qwo, three and then he puts him down and he grabs a hookah and he sucks on the hookah so he can smoke that while he's sitting at a. Computer now we get to see him drinking his cup of coffee while he, smoke says, hookah and then it's gonna go to the table where there's spiles and forward money and gold, watches and we're supposed to be what impressed this is the magic you get.
Speaker 5: On x dot com.
Speaker 4: People you just don't get it anywhere. Else that kind of combination of train. Wreckery you're just not gonna find it in the real world except on x dot. Com all of, these by the, way including a. Video did you see the video of The australian twins in the? Interview did you see that a. Rod we're gonna talk about that, next, because oh my, GOODNESS i might play it for you just because it's so absolutely. Insane keep it right here on gayaway x dot com just as a place to find incredibly interesting, stuff but also weird stuff like. This, NOW i want to set this up for, you and many of you have probably seen. This this thing was all over the internet yesterday as people were, like you're not gonna believe.
Speaker 5: This i've got to set the scene.
Speaker 4: Though first you're gonna hear from a newscaster who talks about an, event a crime that, occurred and then they're gonna cut to the video of a reporter interviewing a. Witness, now technically there are two women in this. Video they are identical. Twins they're wearing the same. Shirt, now why does that. Matter i'm going to let you listen to the interview in real.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 5: Now when you hear.
Speaker 4: Two, voices that is the two women talking at the same, time just. Listen, oh hang, on TikTok's give me a fit, now, okay, right give me my audio, boom.
Speaker 5: It's it's not. Playing oh never, mind hang.
Speaker 11: On and, second that was me recounting some of the drama that unfolded on The Sunshine coast this. Afternoon two sisters have told how their mother and men raced to help when the carjacked suv rolled On steve Rwin, way only to find the gun wielding car thief emerging from the. Wreck here's some of what they had to.
Speaker 12: Say and one, guy he was up there with our mom and he he went up there and he was coming back down wards and he goes, run he's got out. Gun and, oh our hearts started A pnd AND i, said well, mom where's?
Speaker 6: Mom and.
Speaker 5: One moment she goes right because he had a black and he, Goes i'll shoot.
Speaker 7: You she, goes, Hey i'm eating to.
Speaker 5: Hell Now i'm gonna stop this right. Here just to tell you what's going.
Speaker 4: On those are two identical twin sisters wearing matching, shirts and as they're, talking one will start a sentence and the other one will join, in and they talk at exactly the same, time saying exactly the same.
Speaker 5: Thing and it is the freakiest bit of BUSINESS i have seen in a very long.
Speaker 7: TIME i literally was, like you got two going at the same, time that's what he's.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah tech?
Speaker 2: Ishe?
Speaker 4: No this is these women talking at the same. Time AND i have a, question because do you know any identical? Twins Ey rod? Personally, Okay so in my, EXPERIENCE i have known three sets of identical twins in my. Lifetime one set of identical twins twins is like this very very. Close they got married and they they're both in my hometown still and they live like two houses down from each, other and they're still very very involved in each other's. Lives the other two sets of identical twins THAT i know do not. Speak they're adults and they don't speak. ANYMORE i, mean if they, do it is like at a family event and they say hello or. Whatever BUT i want to know from identical twins in this, audience like that is. Crazy it's like they've got one brain AND i wonder if we have any identical twins in this audience that are like, this BECAUSE i think this is the most interesting thing in the. World and you, know of COURSE i have jumped right to the morbid When i'm thinking about stuff like.
Speaker 5: This but what if one of them? Dies that's going to be.
Speaker 4: Devastating it's got to be worse than losing a, spouse you. Know even the handjester someone pointed, Out, yes they're the. Same people have seen. This this video was flying around yesterday with everybody, going you are not gonna believe what you are about to. Watch the same shirts, Too they kind of look like it looks like A scrubs, shirt you know What i'm talking, about like that nurses, wear and they look exactly the. Same if one identical twin gets, fat are they still identical? Twins, yes because the identical twin part is determined by their genetic. Code the big question is if one identical twin decides to go on a crime spree and leaves HER dna at the, scene can she blame her. SISTER i actually asked one of my, friends one of my friends who does not speak to her identical, TWIN i, said have you ever thought about framing your sister for a. Crime and she looked at me and goes more often than you can, imagine and it was, like, okay.
Speaker 13: All.
Speaker 4: Right THEN i find the entire concept of twins and identical twins, fascinating just. FASCINATING i, MEAN i can't even imagine what that's. LIKE i have an older sister AND i have a younger, brother and then we get along perfectly. Fine there's no ill will between any of.
Speaker 6: Us we're not.
Speaker 4: Particularly, close you, Know LIKE i talk to my sister like every couple of. WEEKS i talk to my brother like once a month just to check. In maybe not even once a month because we're all. Busy so it's just it's this kind of RELATIONSHIP i think is very very interesting to people who don't have. It BUT i, also on the flip, SIDE i think it could be a little. SMOTHERING i don't. Know mandy had a sweet maid in college that developed a crib language and were studied BY u OF.
Speaker 5: M i'm a.
Speaker 4: Guess i'm guessing they were a twin a crib, language so they had their own. Language that's, crazy. Guys humanity is, amazing isn't. It my man and his twin sister have their own. Language they rarely speak it this, days but it's. Freaky oh my. GOSH i would make them speak it all the.
Speaker 5: TIME i.
Speaker 4: WOULD i would make sure that they didn't lose. That when my daughter was was very, little FOR i mean really, little like just you, know talking really really, well she would speak in a made up. Language we started Calling quenglish because you, know for q and it sounded like a mix Of spanish And english and maybe a Little italian thrown. In but she was consistent with the words that she would. Use it wasn't like she would, say, oh that's a, ball and then she would make up a word and then make up a new.
Speaker 5: Word she would use a consistent word for ball in.
Speaker 2: This made up.
Speaker 5: LANGUAGE i loved.
Speaker 4: It she has no memory of it at, all not a. Bit AND, i of course DID i videotape any of.
Speaker 5: It, NO i did, not dang.
Speaker 14: It.
Speaker 4: Mandy the Podcast Killer ken has multiple episodes about twins that commit crime.
Speaker 5: Together well right, now The menendez.
Speaker 4: Brothers ALTHOUGH i don't think they're, twins look and see if The menandez brothers are. TWINS i think they're just. BROTHERS i can't REMEMBER i didn't really care about that story when it.
Speaker 7: Happened they're not.
Speaker 4: Twins do identical twins have the same? Fingerprints this texture right below? It interestingly Says, interestingly they do not have identical, Fingerprints.
Speaker 5: MANDY i knew identical. Twins one twin did.
Speaker 4: Die the one who died lived In ohio and was. Pregnant her sister In Saint louis called her twin because she had a sense that something was. Wrong her sister And ohio answered and said she was having robles and was dead.
Speaker 5: Before the medics could. Arrive, WELL i don't know what, robles Says.
Speaker 4: Mandy if you've ever seen the design show ON hgtv And Syllable houses with two identical, Twins lindsay And, leslie you may have caught them doing the same. Thing they many times speak together, identically and.
Speaker 5: It is freaky for. Sure.
Speaker 2: MAN i love that.
Speaker 5: SHOW i absolutely love those. WOMEN i think they're. Hilarious.
Speaker 4: Mandy my niece and nephew are fraternal twins and they had a crib language when they were.
Speaker 6: Small.
Speaker 4: Background the twins Run Twenties pelican And Seabird, rescue a wildlife organization they founded after Meeting Steve. Irwin they've previously gained attention for their identical speech patterns and clothing.
Speaker 5: Choices that is good to. Know thank you for. That and that tracks with the way they. Look they just look like, sweet, sweet big hearted women AND i just think that's. LOVELY i just thought that was super.
Speaker 4: Cool you can watch the video on the blog today at mandy'sblog dot, com AND i strongly recommend you do that because today's blog is. Amazing when we get, BACK i know we don't really talk about, sports but we'll do it in a little short. SEGMENT A rod gave a little analysis this morning Of colorado's morning, news and If i'm, HONEST i am not paying attention at. All so in the next, SEGMENT i like you so you can have conversation with people.
Speaker 5: That makes you seem.
Speaker 4: Educated we're gonna pick A ro's brain a little bit on that right when we get, back so we'll all sound like we know what we're doing when we express some kind of joy or. Disappointment On thursday, night when does the draft actually?
Speaker 5: Start it used to start at. Night when does it?
Speaker 7: Start? Now six?
Speaker 5: O'clock, okay our, time six weeks our?
Speaker 4: Time, Okay now we don't normally talk about sports on the, show but let's be real. People we live In, Denver, colorado and on third And friday of this, week everyone is going to be a buzz with what The broncos are going to. Do, so in an effort to help you sound like you know what you're talking, about and more, importantly help me sound LIKE i know What i'm talking, About we're going to talk To, anthony who has been deep, involved, steeped if you, will in the comings and goings of The denver draft. Situation yesterday things to kind of a crazy. Turn rumors started getting out and being publicized that The broncos were going to trade up to get a running. Back, yes what do you think the chances of that actually happening are going to?
Speaker 7: BE i, think, unfortunately it's pretty.
Speaker 6: Low and that is coming from someone who really wishes that they had the capital and the wherewithal do. IT i just at this, point especially with the news, CONTINUING i, mean this is just the week of smoke, screens the week of all the.
Speaker 7: Misdirections let me ask a.
Speaker 4: Question about, this because you, KNOW i love the psychology of a good smoke. Screen, yes what would be the benefit for The broncos or anyone. Else kind of shoving that that rumor out into the. World are they waiting to see who's gonna? Call are they waiting to see if anybody's interested in trading?
Speaker 7: Down could get people to.
Speaker 6: Call it could, also just Like Sean payton did last year in getting The vikings to go GET jj, McCarthy it could get teams to give up capital to go for players that they actually don't want that way they're, bored falls their, way and the guy they actually want that they wouldn't clearly ever really talk, about falls right in their lap or within like distance to go up and trade.
Speaker 4: Four let me just ask, you, though because this ownership group seems very, straightforward very buttoned, up very squared.
Speaker 5: Away they.
Speaker 4: Don't that sounds like An Al davis. Move what you're saying right? There are they really? Like Is Sean payton a school dougery? Guy is he A shenanigan's? Man that's not HOW i have always viewed.
Speaker 7: Him he, is and he plays chess in doing. So, okay he's very. Calculated he knows EXACTLY i, mean against.
Speaker 5: Who he wants in this Draft i'm guessing. Already and this.
Speaker 7: Goes back to last year and.
Speaker 6: Essentially he was freaking out that someone like The La rams are going to take Bo, nicks for, example so he is going to do whatever it takes to make sure he gets his. Guy and, again these misdirections are a part of. It and, yeah you heard yesterday three independent sources that are saying The broncos are potentially one of the teams that are looking to trade, up but it may not be for running. Back Ian RAPPAPORT Rnfl. Net we're getting, tired Said Koe sports. Yesterday he thinks that they were to trade, up which is, possible he thinks it would be for a wide, receiver not for a running. Back and we've all heard The broncos say that they like their wide receiver. Room SO i Mean Matthew golden Of texas as the guys that could go After ted McMillan is a guy that could go After At. Arizona there's a couple of good wide. Receivers BUT i don't like the wide receiver, class AND i don't necessarily think that that should be the. MOVE i think should be for running. Back and the problem is the rumors today that The browns at two overall again The. Broncos for those that, know The broncos are at twenty, overall The browns at two, overall and The giant three. Overall there's rumors that they are fielding calls to move off of those, picks potentially teams that are calling them and looking.
Speaker 7: Trade problem is that could be for a couple of players and they're not.
Speaker 6: Quarterbacks that could be for One Travis, hunter who The browns are plaly gonn take it, too or the unfortunate one THAT i think it also could very well be because he is just astronomically risen up. Boards the guy that is my absolute number one dream, scenario and that Is Ashton, janzy the running back out Of Boise. State there is now talks that first everyone's, saying, okay he's gonna go six to The.
Speaker 7: Raiders.
Speaker 6: Sure then we're hearing yesterday maybe five to The. Jaguars now people are saying maybe the moving up to two or three could be a team going that high to get. Him so if if that high five or six wasn't possible for The broncos to get jans, EIGHT i mean it's just now it's just further further out of.
Speaker 5: Range so do you think there's any truth to this or do you think it was just a smoke.
Speaker 6: Screen, OH i think THERE'S i think THERE'S i think there's some a little bit of truth to. IT i don't say a, lot BUT i would like to think that there's a little bit to it BECAUSE i think The broncos are position roster wise where they kind of need instead of really the. Depth and this is WHY i hate the trade back situation in the. SCENARIO i think they need that those that game breaking. TALENT i mean that's.
Speaker 7: All that's what everyone was literally telling me out of The Super.
Speaker 6: Bowl ANYONE i would talk to would, say, literally just get Bow nick some. Weapons if you want to get them a, weapon get guys that are the game, changers the difference, makers The Ashton janet's of the. World there's are there's some wide receivers that will make a, difference but they need those top level guys to take the roster up to the next. Level SO i don't like the idea of trading. BACK i love the idea of trading. UP i Think Ashton janty is going to be on the. Range but there's two other running backs Of Marion hampton And Trevon, henderson who would be the number, one three down back on this team.
Speaker 7: Immediately AND i.
Speaker 4: Gotta tell, you after being A Miami dolphins fan during The marino years and watching him never get A Super bowl because they never had a running, GAME i am inclined to, say we've got to get the running game just, incredibly incredibly, good and let some of our wide receivers who are very young come along a little bit. More And i'm with, You i'd rather see your running. Back we'll find out, though On, thursday and obviously the draft will go on all, weekend through all the, rounds and we'll have all the coverage here ON. KOA i know the guys on the afternoon show are ready On thursday to just jump.
Speaker 5: In and it's exciting for.
Speaker 4: Running, really you talk about The broncos in the, draft but nothing about the two actually relative teams that are in the middle of a playoff, run and The abs and The.
Speaker 5: Nuggets what a waste of a.
Speaker 4: Segment, Well, ERIC i don't care about THE nba at, all AND i don't know anything about, hockey and SO i don't know what you want me to. Say and plus we're not The avs. Station and we're not The nuggets. Station so Sorry i've disappointed, you But i'm sure you can find coverage of their stuff.
Speaker 1: Elsewhere The Mandy Connell show is sponsored By belle And Pollock accident and Injury.
Speaker 2: Lawyers, no It's Mandy Connell.
Speaker 8: One study and the nice us through.
Speaker 4: And coronald keeping your sad Bab, Welcome, Welcome welcome to the second hour of the.
Speaker 5: Show I'm Mandy.
Speaker 4: Connell that guy right over there Is Anthony, rodriguez and we will continue to take you through a very busy broadcast.
Speaker 2: Day.
Speaker 5: NOW a couple of things are happening right.
Speaker 4: Now one of them in The Supreme court of The United states Of, america where The Montgomery County School district is arguing that they should have the right to force parents to require that their children sit through lessons on sexual and gender identity that their parents find objectionable for religious or other. Reasons this case is incredibly important if the parents in this case who are suing because The Montgomery County School district wants to teach children that you know, what you can be whatever gender you. Want and, oh let's talk about the contributions OF lgbtq people, now let me just say something about the second part of. THAT i don't have any issue with someone's contributions to society being amplified in any, way shape or. Form WHAT i object to is that those contributions are being amplified simply because of their sexual. ORIENTATION i feel the same way about white history and black. HISTORY i feel the same way about all of. This we need to integrate the history of Great americans in The United states Of america have done amazing things in our country and make sure that they're part of our history programs because it's important and people know what they, did but.
Speaker 5: Not because they fit into some kind of.
Speaker 4: Class we've done a lousy job with that in the, past but that should be the, goal, RIGHT i, MEAN i laughingly said It's Lesbian Invisibility week this.
Speaker 5: Week, really, REALLY i, mean, really.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 4: Ridiculous we're moving further and further and further away from judging people by the content of their character and more Into, hey if you belong to this special checkbox, category we're gonna celebrate. You but if you're just white and, straight, sorry no months or weeks for. You it's just gotten to the point of. Ridiculousness and today The Supreme court is hearing the arguments that parents should have the ability to opt.
Speaker 5: Out and that's the key.
Speaker 4: Here that is definitely the argument that at Least Supreme Court Justice Brett. Kavanaugh i'm gonna share a little bit of the exchange this is happening. Today this is from The Montgomery County Public schools arguing that parents should not have the right to opt their children out of lessons that conflict with their. Teachings by the, way this plaintiff group is a code of many. Colors this plaintiff group got a group Of muslim, Parents christian, Parents secular, Parents chinese, parents parents from across the. Spectrum they have decided they have the right to raise their children the way they see. Fit and that's something that The Supreme court has affirmed many times, before but it needs to be affirmed. Again and today it's happening in The Supreme. COURT a DO i have my, audio let me do. This this is from the hearing today Where Montgomery county In maryland is arguing that parents shouldn't have the ability to opt their kids out of lessons that they find morally.
Speaker 14: Objectionable in the, country as opt outs for all sorts of. Things the county has opt outs for all sorts of. Things the Other maryland counties had opt outs for all sorts of, things and yet for this one thing they change in mid midyear and say no more opt.
Speaker 7: Outs i'm just not understanding.
Speaker 13: Feasibility so, AGAIN i think what's in the record is that with respect to these, books as they were deployed in the, class there was high absenteeism in some, schools for, example dozens of students being opted out IN i think Mister baxter said the average size of an elementary To Montgomery county has seven hundred, students so each grade is one hundred and twenty. Five if you have dozens of students walking, out making arrangements for those students to have adequate space and supervision and alternative, INSTRUCTION i think is.
Speaker 7: Infeasible and that's do it for all sorts of other opt.
Speaker 2: Outs they don't do it.
Speaker 13: For all sorts of other opt. Outs there's a limited universe of things that students can opt out. From The Family life And Healthy sexuality curriculum stands.
Speaker 2: Alone it is mandated by the.
Speaker 13: State it is something where you are able to predict precisely when the curriculum is going to be.
Speaker 14: Deployed there's a four's the most similar substantively to what we have, here and there's an opt out allowed. THERE i Guess i'm not understanding Why Montgomery county School board stands. ALONE i think in the, country you can tell me if there's another school board that's done something like.
Speaker 7: THIS i dooth ipol both.
Speaker 14: The kind of books that are being used and prohibiting opt, outs AND i Guess i'm just not understanding the whole. GOAL i think of some of our religion precedents is to look for the win, win to look for the situation where you can respect the religious beliefs and accommodate the religious beliefs while the state or city or whatever it may be can pursue its. Goals and, here they're not asking you to change what's taught in the. Classroom they're not asking you to change that at. ALL a lot of the rhetoric suggests that they might have, that'sten that they were trying to do, that but that's not what they're trying to. Do they're only seeking to be able to walk out so that they don't have the parents don't have their children exposed to these things that are contrary to their own.
Speaker 13: BELIEFS i understand your, honor and there may well be circumstances where a school can Or now that other.
Speaker 5: Voice you heard Was Alan.
Speaker 4: Schoenfeld he is the attorney for The Montgomery County School. District and this is a case THAT i think is going to be used as precedent for any parents who are upset and angry about the sort of nonsense that their kids have to deal. With And Lindsay, dako who he talked to last week on the show on x dot com fairly recently gave a perfect example of the disdain that schools have for, parents their, concerns the morality that their parents are trying to instill in their. Kids And Jefferson County Public schools has done everything in its. Power Jefferson County Public schools here In colorado has done everything in its power to undermine the parental relationship between parents and.
Speaker 5: Kids we've talked about this before on the.
Speaker 4: Show the president of the school board immediately, assumes in my, view that all parents are abusers and that.
Speaker 7: They are the.
Speaker 4: Problem and a perfect example of this is That Jeffco Public schools was ordered by The Federal department Of education to do away WITH dei and all of this change your name and gender. Crap, well guess what they did to circumvent pronoun survey and privacy. Laws they have a new document that kids are using Because Jeffco Public schools is obsessed with getting kids to change their. Gender name story is the handout that's being. Used tell us about answer any one question about any part of your name by telling us. Now some of these are completely, innocuous like are you named after? Someone what is the origin of this? Name who named? You do you have siblings with corresponding? Names does your name get? Misspelled and how does your name get? Mispronounced and how do you know anyone with the same name as? You all of those are perfectly, fine but then it moves into new. Territory do you like your? Name have you ever changed your? Name do you have any? Nicknames if you had to change, it what new name would you?
Speaker 13: Pick?
Speaker 5: Now what is the purpose of that?
Speaker 7: Question what is the?
Speaker 4: Purpose what special meaning does this name hold for? You are there so many other people with your name that you had to have a? Nickname what's the meaning of your? Name does it match? You they already asked the origin of the, name how do you choose a pet's? Name anything else you'd like to? Share, now the last little square where it says anything else you'd like to, share it literally has underneath as a little graphic six, stars which would be, cute like just put six stars under.
Speaker 5: There but oddly all of the stars are rainbow. Colored isn't that?
Speaker 4: Weird isn't that just the strangest? Coincidence this is Jeff Cooe Public. School so this case Of Montgomery county versus all of these parents who just, say, LOOK i don't want my kid to learn about a book in kindergartener first grade about a boy who name Is. PENELOPE i don't want my kids learning that they can just pick their. Gender it's not something that we believe in in our. Family and thank god parents for doing, This but this kind of Stuff Jefferson County Public, schools.
Speaker 5: This ruling is going to be looked at and used.
Speaker 4: To fight against parents or help parents fight against school boards Like Jefferson County Public schools who seem just absolutely obsessed with getting kids to change their. Gender this FROM cbs. Four this article came out last couple of years. Ago a couple of years, ago and it's about the gender identity situation where union teachers were breaking the rules by giving surveys that they didn't record in order to let children give their. Pronouns, now my daughter in high school has been asked for, pronouns And i'm, like what do you?
Speaker 6: Say she?
Speaker 5: GOES i say she? Her but why why don't you just say the normal? Ones you, know it's all.
Speaker 4: So, stupid so incredibly incredibly. Stupid so, yeah, yeah this case is incredibly. Important it's happening right. Now we'll of course give you the ruling when it comes, out BECAUSE i think this is going to be something that shapes a significant number of these cases where parents are pushing back and fighting it back against school. Boards which the reality is, this if your school board is engaged in this kind of, stuff it's time to throw them out of. Office it just is The Jefferson County Public School. Board they should all be out of office right, now and voters should ask, themselves why are you so obsessed with talking to little children about sex and?
Speaker 5: Gender why are you so obsessed with?
Speaker 4: This why don't you teach them how to read and write on rate? Level why don't we focus our attention. There it's one thing to be supportive of students who may be struggling in whatever area they're. Struggling it's quite another to decide that parents are the problem and the school is going to put themselves in between the parents and the child as often as. Possible and that's what's happening in public schools right. NOW i will say one of the things That i'm grateful FOR covid is that parents finally learned what kids were actually learning and not learning in, schools and, boy it woke a lot of people. UP i mean a whole lot of people. Up SO i guess we'll always be grateful about that. Anyway by the, Way ross or A rod posted a question about where people get their. News Ross kiminski's wait IN i get my news from The Ros Kiminski show and then listen To Mandy Connell show for a.
Speaker 5: Confirmation there you. Go we're the one two punch of.
Speaker 4: News so, people couple, people three, people, no two, people excuse, Me we're arrested by ice agents Outside Douglas County. Courthouse and Nine news did a story on, this And i'm going to read it to you in the same breathless.
Speaker 5: Manner THAT i think Nine news intended.
Speaker 4: IT i don't normally attack the way a news story is written because journalists have a lot on their, plates they have a lot going. On but this story is absolute, trash And i'll explain to you AFTER i read it in a dramatic voice for your.
Speaker 5: Enjoyment in, Mind.
Speaker 4: Immigration And customs enforcement agents detained at least three people outside The Douglas County, courthouse with two of those detainments captured on. Video Midian, schoffner a community activist who runs the Nonprofit epitome Of Black excellence And, partnership recorded the incident at the courthouse while preparing for a rally Supporting Jalen, sebron who was shot and killed by. Police she noticed police activity and law enforcement agents as they were setting up for the event and observed what appeared to be coordinated signals between individuals outside and at the courthouse entrants before the detention.
Speaker 5: Occurred they just came out of the, Courthouse schaffner.
Speaker 4: Said in the, video the footage shows masked men identified AS ice.
Speaker 5: Agents schaffner says.
Speaker 4: At least one person was held at gunpoint by AN ice agent during the. Operation schaffner, said describing the scene where agents instructed the individuals to get on the, GROUND i would have literally thought they were kidnapping these three. Men the incident has raised alarm about ice operations at, courthouses which were previously considered sensitive areas where enforcement actions were. Limited it's making the community unsafe because now all those people that were by that, courthouse if they were, victims and they were immigrants, themselves they're going to be wondering if they're safe for testimony or if they're safe.
Speaker 5: For reporting the crime for.
Speaker 4: Them laya added that current enforcement appears to operate outside previous. Protocols it's, terrifying she, says AND i think now what we're seeing is that there are no. Rules they are not playing by any rule. Book For, schaffner the detention evoked to parallel with the police brutality the black community has. Experienced watching those individuals being dehumanized and being taken and having to scream for the, life that is Something i'll never normalize in my, Heart schaffner. Said it aligns very parallel with the continued killings and the continued torture that the black community experiences with law. Enforcement it really is all, intersected and that's why we should be standing together in this. Fight while consin De pause encourages immigrants to know their rights when encountering law, Enforcement laya emphasized the changing tactics makes this. Challenging community members are advised to seek education and, community he, supports AS ice operations continue to take, place and, that my, friends is the end of the. Story according to Nine. News, NOW i have a follow up, question and that is why were these men being arrested BY?
Speaker 5: Ice what did they? Do what have they been charged?
Speaker 4: With why are they likely going to be deported at this moment in time simply because they are here, illegally which would be a little over the top to have them picked.
Speaker 15: Up at the.
Speaker 4: Courthouse but we don't know because this reporter has absolutely no interest in finding out what these men. DID i certainly have interests because if they're violent, criminals Well i'm okay WITH ice picking them up at the. Courthouse if they if they harmed someone, else if they did something, Horrible i'm perfectly fine with. It but the drama here.
Speaker 5: And no apparently no.
Speaker 4: Attempt usually when a news organization reaches out to a governmental organization LIKE, ice and they don't get a response.
Speaker 7: Back the simple.
Speaker 4: Line we reached out TO ice for clarification about these why these men were being, deported and they did not respond by press.
Speaker 5: Time none of, that none of. That these guys could be accused of, Murder these guys could be.
Speaker 4: Accused of raping little, Children these guys could be accused of a lot of horrible, things but we don't know because no.
Speaker 5: One bothered to.
Speaker 4: Ask so in this very dramatic reading of another proof that the rules are being, broken, WELL i just want to point out to these women that the state Of colorado has not only passed laws to prevent any cooperation WITH. Ice so maybe we'd have a better idea of WHAT ice was doing there if there was any cooperation, allowed, right, maybe just, Maybe, so the state Of colorado is the one who threw the rule book out the window through any cooperation with The feds out the. Window so any complaining about how The feds are operating now on public UP i really don't want to, hear because The state Of colorado has told the federal government that we don't want you.
Speaker 5: Here we don't care if we have.
Speaker 4: Criminal illegal aliens running around Victimizing colorado's we don't. Care we'd rather, virtue signal and posture that protect the citizens Of colorado is something they.
Speaker 5: Have done over and over and over and over.
Speaker 4: Again this story is, trash AND i hope the young woman who put this trash story together here's What i'm saying right, now and decides to try actual journalism for a. Change only talking to activists who are clearly on the side that you want them to be on is. Garbage it's not, journalism it's. Crap now for someone like, Me i'm only going to talk to people THAT i agree with most of the.
Speaker 5: Time Because i'm not a, Journalist i'm a.
Speaker 4: PUNDIT i get to talk about things that people, do like write garbage stories on Nine. News the first treating thing for me is maybe there wasn't a good reason for these men to be held at, Gunpoint but we don't. Know we have no idea because no one even bothered to, ask because the answer might have been. Inconvenient the answer might have shown these two men who have now been they're. Victims now three, guys they're. Victims look at, Them they're being so. Mistreated we have no idea why they were being removed By. Ice but if they were in the courthouse And ice picked them, up it would certainly stand to reason that they were law enforcement, attached justice, involved as they like to. Say but that part of the story would have made the rest of the story far less. Dramatic and it wouldn't have given a woman who wants you to believe that black men are being killed by cops while ignoring the fact that most black men are being killed by other black, men a platform to talk about how racist the.
Speaker 5: Cops we wouldn't have been able to do those two.
Speaker 4: Things this story is Just it is a mother load of left wing talking points and absolutely no counterbalance. Whatsoever, so LIKE i, SAID i don't normally just do a story to rip it to shreds on the, radio but this one really deserve to be ripped to. Shreds AND i certainly hope this young reporter who was out, there you, know trying to get a, story follows up with a story With ice talking about why these guys were actually. Arrested that would be a nice and refreshing. Change and if that, HAPPENS i will update the blog and update the. Story, However i'm not holding my. BREATH i just don't think it's going to be a thing that we need to worry. About, now the plans for the new development Around ballerina have been.
Speaker 5: Released have you seen?
Speaker 4: That did you look at the new plan a, Rod, yeah it's actually Quite did you read any of the, details because let me tell you the number one detail that we all need to know from as soon as they break ground on this project for. Forever parking will suck At. Ballerina it will suck so. Badly and the only way the cron keys can put forth a plan like this is that they have never tried to ride mass transit after an event At. Ballerina that's the only THING i can surmise because they're, like, oh people take mass Trans, No, no they.
Speaker 5: Won't you know why BECAUSE rtd.
Speaker 4: Sucks more on that in a, minute Where Elish gardens now sits and they put a first look into what they're looking at doing, NOW i would not expect any of this to.
Speaker 2: Be done very very.
Speaker 5: Quickly as a matter of, fact they say the full bolt buildout will take.
Speaker 4: Decades but they put a rendering together and some of it looks really really, COOL i mean just like super.
Speaker 5: Cool but then there's this let me just read from the master. PLAN a higher and.
Speaker 4: Better use of the existing surface parking lots over time is key to the development of a vibrant urban experience for The Ball arena.
Speaker 5: Site this will be accomplished.
Speaker 4: By enhancing access to, transit use of a local shuttle, system improved and expanded pedestrian, connections and greater emphasis on the use of parking within a fifteen minute walking distance of the arena and other venues and future new. Facilities the parking requirements will also be accommodated by sharing parking with existing and yet to be built facilities in the. Area the combination of these strategies will facilitate the redevelopment of the existing surface slots and simultaneously provide comprehensive accessibility strategy for this new neighborhood and provide more comprehensive options for event and non event day access and parking.
Speaker 5: Requirements now did.
Speaker 4: You hear anything except, well parking is going to suck down, There because that's WHAT i. Heard and this is one of my huge frustrations WITH. RTD i don't understand WHY rtd cannot check the schedule At Ball arena and, say you know what the night of games or concerts or any other big event at Ball. Arena perhaps we should add more trains to the, schedule because the last TIME i tried to take a train after a, CONCERT i missed the one at eleven AND i got to stand there until. Midnight EXCEPT i. DIDN'T i got an newber and went home for seventy. Bucks so, yeah call me skeptical of, this but of course it'll be approved because the leadership In denver and the governor of the, state they hate, drivers absolutely hate. Drivers now they themselves, drive, RIGHT i, mean we already know that the mayor Of denver drives because his car was stolen out of his. Yard we know that the governor drives around in big fat, SUVs so they don't have to worry about.
Speaker 5: This but, man, yuck just. Yuck, anyway all, RIGHT i.
Speaker 4: Want to talk about this, story BUT i don't want to spend a lot of time on it BECAUSE i think it's kind of.
Speaker 5: Dumb BUT i do have to just express. Confusion.
Speaker 7: You, NOW i, Know i'm a.
Speaker 5: GIRL i get.
Speaker 4: IT i am a, woman so in THEORY i should understand. This But department Of Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nomes purse was lifted at a restaurant as she had dinner with her family over The easter. Weekend now that should be the biggest story because yet again another failure of The Secret. Service they're assigned to protect her because she has a cabinet secretary and they allowed a guy wearing a mask to get close enough to take her. Purse i'm guessing it was on the back of her. Chair so another failure that they need to answer. For but here's the list of stuff that was In christy nomes. PURSE a driver's license makes perfect, sense, medication all so perfect.
Speaker 5: Sense apartment, keys.
Speaker 4: A, passport A dhs access bag that a makeup, bag blank, checks and about three grand in. Cash now she says she had the three grand in cash in order to take friends and you, know do stuff and do some activities over the.
Speaker 5: Weekend but do you a? Rod do you even have a? Checkbook is that a thing that, you as a thirty year old have a?
Speaker 4: CHECKBOOK i used. TO i don't use it, anymore but you don't carry it around with. You nobody carries them around. Anymore my grandmother with a hold, on let me just balance it real, quick, okay, okay, no we're. Good yeah, Nothing, no, no.
Speaker 5: You got nothing on carrying a check? Book yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah Mayor johnson's car was stolen long time, ago long time, ago during the height of the, car the f, Thing so that was pretty. Funny BUT i don't who carries checks. Anymore this is like a bag full of everything in her entire. Life AND i have to ask women specifically a out, this like what is in your? Purse because right NOW i can tell you it's in my purse right, now at this, MOMENT i have my wallet that has my driver's, license of, course and it does have my My global entry card in, it you, know so that guess that's part of a passport sort of. Thing and THEN i have probably have forty bucks on me right. Now and THEN i have a bag with lipstick BLISST, x and then bread spray and some tile and, all and THEN i have some sweetener for coffee IF i buy coffee out and then that's. It that's that's everything in my. Purse, oh this person, SAID i carry checks every day for? What, Texter, like what are you still writing checks for unless you're a business that is writing a check to a vendor to pay for Something and generally. SPEAKING i, Mean i've been the person who had to deliver the check to somebody in that. Situation and you just carry one, check you don't carry the whole check. Book i'm just, SAYING i do want to know what you carry checks.
Speaker 5: FOR i really.
Speaker 7: Do what do you guys?
Speaker 4: Use so if you have a debit, card what are you carrying checks? For and a lot of places won't even take a check. Anymore my grandmother was the queen of the check. BOOK i mean she would stand there and write out her, checks you, know in perfect perfect. Penmanship but haven't we moved? On mandy thirty four still carry a check, book almost never use.
Speaker 5: It, Haha then why.
Speaker 2: Why are?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: Why Why?
Speaker 5: Mandy why would you not have your?
Speaker 4: GUN i don't carry a weapon in my purse because purses can be easily.
Speaker 5: Stolen you should always carry on your. PERSON i carry.
Speaker 4: Checks and use them weekly only because the PLACES i write checks prefer.
Speaker 2: Them is that a?
Speaker 6: Thing?
Speaker 5: Though do people prefer? Checks is that a?
Speaker 4: THING i will say that as the government has gotten more intrusive about payment, methods a lot of small businesses or moving back to checks and, saying, yeah cut me a.
Speaker 5: Check there you, Go, Mandy.
Speaker 4: Christy carries a check book because her plastic surgeon doesn't Take American. EXPRESS i don't know About. CHRISTY i don't Think christy's had plastic. SURGERY i do think she probably spends a lot of money on. Upkeep she's a very attractive, woman and as a woman, MYSELF i can tell you upkeep is.
Speaker 5: Expensive it just. IS i pay all my bills with, checks old.
Speaker 4: School my husband was a check guy until fairly, recently but now we do everything online and it's so much. Easier, mandy forty, six still use a check book every, day mostly to hear the people in the store behind me grown you're not, Nice. Texter, yes they are starting to charge more if you use a credit.
Speaker 5: Card that is, True. MANDY a lot of.
Speaker 4: Places In South dakota still would prefer checks over cards due to. Fees Thanks, Chris, okay maybe that makes. Sense this person, SAID i only carry out checks to whip out at the last smid in the front of a long grocery.
Speaker 5: Line, yep, yep, Yep. Mandy my boss was just laughing at me about. This BUT, i, uh, oh where did that? Go oh?
Speaker 4: WOW a lot of, You, mandy no credit CARDS i do have some credit cards in my in my, purse BUT i don't even carry all of my credit cards on me at all. TIMES i always have one or, well actually NOW i have more somewhere else in case of.
Speaker 5: My purse is stolen like This.
Speaker 4: MANDY i just recently went to the butcher Before easter about one hundred and twenty five dollars worth of t, bones and they were going to charge me to use a credit.
Speaker 5: Card SO i wrote a check and that just went. Anywhere well a lot of, you.
Speaker 4: Wow, WELL i would like to apologize to check carrying, maniacs you whack a doodle folks out there writing checks for you know, stuff and the crazy people who accept.
Speaker 6: THEM i.
Speaker 5: APOLOGIZE i had no idea as a self employed.
Speaker 4: HOUSEKEEPER i hate. CHECKS i have to go to the bank for like one check every week or. Two don't you have the automatic deposit, though where you just take a picture of the front and back and send it to your. Bank we can do that on our app on our banking app WITH. USAA i don't use.
Speaker 5: Checks, anymore but up until recently MY hoa would only take. Checks.
Speaker 4: WOW i pay my cleaning lady and handyman with. Checks, see here's the. Thing at, home we use a, check BUT i don't ever use it, out BUT i.
Speaker 5: Will you know, WHAT i.
Speaker 4: Apologize i'm walking back my disbelief because apparently everyone in this listening audience uses. Checks, Mandy i'm a window. Cleaner residential mostly still get paid by.
Speaker 5: Check window. Cleaner send me a text. MESSAGE i need a window cleaner right now at my.
Speaker 4: HOUSE i thought about doing it, myself but, ugh that's a job This american won't.
Speaker 1: Do.
Speaker 5: MANDY i carry checks for shopping At. Woolworths so DO i text? Her so DO? I i guess so.
Speaker 4: Well the sad thing is as young people don't even know how to fill a check. Out, yes that is, very very, sad but something that we as parents should be able to. Fix all, Right we're going to, you. Guys the whole text line is full of people texting about, checks whether they want them as a small business owner or whether they use them for the same. REASON a vast majority of your, saying, LOOK i don't want to pay the credit card, fees and now more and more businesses are passing those fees back onto the. Consumer and that is. True so there you. Go, ANYWAY i sit, corrected AND i will never talk About christy Nomes perse, again not. EVER a very funny video Where Pedro pascal is attached to a lie detecture and has to admit that he knows he's a heart, throb.
Speaker 5: And he laughs hysterically about.
Speaker 7: It, GOD i love that.
Speaker 4: GUY i think that is one of the funniest Things i've seen in a really long. TIME i also have the most fascinating. Story the headline FROM, ESPN I found Your. Dad the mystery of a missing, climber and it's about this guy who went down To peru to try and Climb Peru's Jagaren mountain and it's incredibly, difficult it's incredibly, high the second most dangerous mountain To, everest and they didn't make. It his team got to a certain point and the weather conditions were such that they decided it was no longer, safe so they went to turn around and come back down the, mountain and they found a body on the side of the, mountain which is not unusual because much Like Mount, everest there are three hundred bodies On Mount everest right, now three hundred because the conditions are so harsh that the climbers can't exert the energy to carry a body back Down Mount. Everest it's very similar for this mountain as. Well so they find this body on the mountain and they find a driver's license on this, person and they find out that he's a man that disappeared twenty two years. Ago for twenty two, Years william's stampfol has just been, missing and his family believed that he died on the, mountain but they had no, certainty, right they had no real idea of what for sure.
Speaker 5: Happens so this guy goes. Back he has the guy's. Wallet he goes.
Speaker 4: Back and tracks down the guy's son and calls him and, SAYS i found your, Dad and he tells him the story of finding his dad's frozen body on the side of this. Mountain and then the son had to go through all these hoops to get the body removed by a rescue, team and they brought him down and had him, cremated and they finally brought him. Home but can you, imagine this is why WHEN i see these stories In colorado And, man they happen a lot once you start looking for, him you see THEM a lot of people that just disappear when they're Hiking we just had a situation last week where they found a body from a guy who disappeared.
Speaker 5: A couple of years.
Speaker 4: Ago AND i always think to, myself what a, horrible absolutely horrible situation for the family to be. In and don't get me, wrong finding out your loved one has died right when it happens is terrible and tragic and, Awful but there's a finite end to that portion of your. Grief you remain and you have grief for the loss of that, person but at least you have some. Finality you know what exactly went, wrong what, happened how this person. DIED i always think about this because it's, like wait a, minute let me just throw this up here really. Quickly AND i find out the Stat, now how many people go missing every?
Speaker 5: YEAR i look this up a few years. Ago listen to this. Number you're about to be.
Speaker 4: Floored you, guys, Hey, ron how many people do you think go missing every? Year reported missing In, COLORADO? Us in The United states, annually ten six hundred thousand people are reported missing every. Year, now a vast majority of those people are. Found they, just you, know something, happens they're. Found but at any given, time there are one hundred thousand missing persons in The National Crime Information, center one hundred thousand people where families don't know what. Happened so WHEN i saw this story of finding a body on a mountain and then taking the time to track down the family and let them, KNOW i just thought to, Myself, man the guy who found him is a mega.
Speaker 5: Athlete he's a, climber he's you, know ripped.
Speaker 2: Guy he does this for.
Speaker 4: Fun and he thought for a long, time he felt this sort of gravitational poll to climb this mountain because it's one of the most. Dangerous and he finally, SAID i finally realized my job here was not to summit this, mountain but it was to find this. MAN i just think it's a super cool, story very very. Interesting that's on the blog today near the. Bottom when we get, back can we talk About, well, no when we get, BACK i have.
Speaker 5: A guess coming.
Speaker 4: Up because we've talked a little bit about the home rule stuff In Douglas. COUNTY i am not talking more about it BECAUSE i still am learning about it. Myself but a few things that are happening around the way this.
Speaker 2: Is being ruled.
Speaker 4: OUT i have significant questions about and, today a bipartisan group of PEOPLE i believe filed a complaint or a Lawsuit we're going to find out next from former County Commissioner Laura thomas against the Current board Of commissioners for operating in.
Speaker 5: Secret we'll get the details right after. This keep it right here ON.
Speaker 1: Koa The Mandy Connell show is sponsored By belle And pollock accident and injury.
Speaker 2: Lawyers, no It's Mandy CONNELL onnem got.
Speaker 5: The Nicey.
Speaker 6: Connell sad.
Speaker 5: He, welcome, welcome welcome to the third hour of the. Show I'm Mandy.
Speaker 4: Connell that guy Is Anthony, rodriguez and we will take you right to this last hour of the. Program and joining me now is a woman who has put up with more than most politicians have to put up. With she is Former Douglas County Commissioner Laura. Thomas but Because laura is not one to be cowed into silence or shrink quietly into the, night she's back with Two, WELL i guess we should say bipartisan tri. Part how do you describe this group that you've assembled, Here laura to ask for some accountability from the current.
Speaker 8: Board thank you for having me, On mandy and we are three.
Speaker 15: Individuals one is A, republican one is A, democrat one is an unaffiliated, voter and almost fifty percent of voters In Douglas county are unaffiliated. Today and so the three of us came together because it doesn't matter what political stripe you, are every person in this, county in this country should demand transparency from their. Government.
Speaker 5: Correct it's one of the.
Speaker 4: Cornerstones and it's been very frustrating to me to see how that transparency has been eroded under The Gold. Dome and we'll talk more about that, later but right, now you guys are talking specifically about the movement to Move Douglas county to a home rural. County And i'm not going to pretend THAT i know all of the ins and outs of, this BUT i am already what's the Word i'm looking, for skeptical that this operation is a grassroots movement by the people Of Douglas, county because The board Of County commissioners announced it as if they'd been chatting about it for some, time even though as far AS i could, tell there'd been no public conversations about it up to the point where they announced that they were doing.
Speaker 5: This what DID i?
Speaker 4: Miss first of, all were there discussions During county commission meetings THAT i? Missed what happened? Here how did you spring forth out of whole cloth.
Speaker 3: Like, This?
Speaker 15: Somandy you didn't miss a. THING i have been kind of just out of interest watching what was going on with my, government LIKE i always have, done even BEFORE i was an elected. Official and WHEN i heard On march twenty fourth that On march twenty, fifth the three commissioners were going to put home rule on the, BALLOT i was stunned BECAUSE i had not seen or heard one word about home rule in the public meetings that the county government had been, having not one.
Speaker 4: Word so it is my, understanding and you can correct me If i'm wrong, here that not only did they make this, announcement they brought forth people that they want on The Charter commission so they could all get their petitions signed by each other and be submitted so their names could go on the ballot to be on This Charter Planning.
Speaker 5: Commission is that? Accurate that is?
Speaker 15: Accurate two things that has to. Happen first of, all On march twenty, First i'm, Sorry march twenty, fifth the commissioners put on the ballot the question do you want to go to home? Rule and we will see that On june twenty. Fourth the second question is to elect twenty one people who will write that very, precious complicated. Charter but what happened is the night, before On monday, night the chair of The Republican party sent out a letter an email that, said our amazing commissioners are.
Speaker 8: Going forward with home rule and these are the twenty one people they have hand pipped to be on The Charter.
Speaker 15: Commission so what is your group of.
Speaker 4: People you're A, republican You're, democrat and you're. Independent what are you guys alleging and what kind of relief are you?
Speaker 15: Seeking so we are alleging that and we have hard evidence of this that the commissioners have been meeting with the county attorney and the county manager sometimes other people in unposted and unrecorded meetings in which they are talking about county, business and they are also going into executive session with other elected officials and not starting with public meetings where they vote to go into executive session and tell the public what it is they're going to be talking about while they are in executive. Session and that that leads to the meeting that they had On march twenty fifth where they put home rule on the. Ballot because there was no public meeting before that vote to put home rule on the ballot on That march twenty fifth, meeting we believe that That march twenty fifth meeting is no, good that it needs to be thrown out by the, judge and that then the commissioners will then be forced to go through a public. Process isn't that an interesting?
Speaker 8: Word a public, process so that the citizens Of Douglas county.
Speaker 15: See what they're talking about home, rule and then.
Speaker 8: The commissioners can put it on the ballot. Again but they need to do it the right, Way, nandy not the wrong.
Speaker 5: Way so let me ask this.
Speaker 4: Question BECAUSE i also understand that they have spoken to private groups Like Parker. Conservatives those meetings were not open to the, public and more than one county commissioner was. There BUT i want to ask you BECAUSE i, know you know what if parameters for going into executive, session they're very, limited aren't.
Speaker 15: They, oh you're absolutely, Right. Nandy twenty four to sixty four to zero two is the open meetings, law and it has a few. Exceptions for, example if the commissioners want to buy a piece of real estate and they want to go into an executive session to find out from their broker what's the right price and how do we negotiate to get the best price for the. Citizens but even those meetings must be recorded and released to the public once the deal is. Complete personnel matters are another reason that.
Speaker 8: Commissioners can go into executive.
Speaker 4: Sessions so they've just gone into executive session without having proper, cause, CORRECT i, mean that's what it sounds like to.
Speaker 8: Me, well that's what it sounds like to me having been a commissioner.
Speaker 15: For eight years and fully well knowing BECAUSE i worked in that process to know.
Speaker 8: What it is and what it looks.
Speaker 4: Like so let me ask you another question about that specific part of. It it also seems to me that this entire, process and this is what really gives me, Pause, laura as a citizen Of Douglas, county this process is being rushed along And i'm not sure, why and that makes me distrustful of the entire. Situation this is much different than the way other counties Like Weld county AND i believe It's Pitkin, county have gone to home. RULE i mean those were true grassroots movements from. Citizens, Correct you're absolutely.
Speaker 15: Right i've done a lot of, research looked up at old newspaper, articles both In weld And. PITKIN a group of citizens got together and they were upset by the corrupt nature of their three commissioners because they were hiring their, buddies they were spent money like. Crazy so a group of citizens got, together got it on the, ballot wrote the, charter and you know, what they went to five commissioners because they felt that was a way to break up that power thing that was going on with their corrupt. Commissioners so it was absolutely driven by the citizens in the only Two Home ruld counties in the entire state Of.
Speaker 4: Colorado it's my understanding That George teele wants to be on The Charter, commission doesn't?
Speaker 15: He, Oh George abe And kevin Van, winkle all three of the commissioners assigned themselves to be the three at large people on The.
Speaker 5: Charter cos they've already assigned themselves to the.
Speaker 15: Commission, well they have assigned themselves to the voting process that will happen On june twenty, Fourth so that slate of twenty one people that THE gop chair sent out the night before this became. Official the three of them are on the handpicked list of the twenty one. People and let me tell you what's going to. Happen. Man In, june mailboxes are going to fill up with flashy mail pieces with pictures of crime, saying if you want to keep crime out Of Douglas, county vote for home rule and vote for these twenty one people because they are going to preserve your.
Speaker 8: Rights that's what's going to.
Speaker 5: Happen, WELL i.
Speaker 4: Am increasingly distrustful of this. PROCESS i am increasingly distrustful of This County. Commission and the only way THAT i THINK i would move forward if The Charter commission came out with a charter that said none of the current board members may run for reelection on The County. COMMISSION i think that's The if they're going to put themselves on the, board they cannot write a charter that allows them to enrich themselves in any, way shape or. Form so if they want to exclude themselves from further, service then MAYBE i would accept. It but this all stinks to high heaven And, LAURA i know that you have a lot of animosity towards two of the board members.
Speaker 5: WHO i believe treated you extremely.
Speaker 4: UNFAIRLY i want to say that because there's going to be people who are going to, Say Laura thomas is just sour. Grapes but the reality of What laura's saying is still. Right, okay it's she's not wrong, Here So, LAURA i appreciate. This, now are you guys filing? Suit what are you looking for specifically in? Relief i'm, SORRY i know you already said.
Speaker 15: That so this morning we did file a lawsuit In Douglas District. Court we're asking that the commissioners start following the. Law we are asking the judge to provide an injunction that requires they follow open meetings. Laws if they, don't then it becomes a criminal. Matter and we're asking that the judge do an injunction that invalidates That march twenty fifth meeting when they put home rule on the, ballot only so that it forces them to do it the right. Way we're not saying we don't want people to. Vote we just want the commissioners to put the question on the ballot the right way so that there's transparency.
Speaker 5: Involved it's that tea work right and transparency is.
Speaker 4: Key Laura, THOMAS i appreciate you and all you do to look out for the people Of Douglas. County we're obviously going to be talking about this as it moves, forward And i've urged people In Douglas county who want to be on this shorter, commission you have to have your paperwork in By thursday at five, pm AND i put a link on yesterday's blog about.
Speaker 5: That laura will talk about this as the story. DEVELOPS i appreciate the time.
Speaker 15: Today thank you for caring about the citizens Of Douglas county because you.
Speaker 8: Are one of.
Speaker 4: Us exactly exactly, right all, Right, laura we'll talk again.
Speaker 5: Soon we'll be right.
Speaker 4: Back they are announcing a ban on petroleum based dies in our.
Speaker 5: Food, now let me just repeat that for, you just for a.
Speaker 4: Second they're announcing a ban on petroleum based die in our. Food this should not be controversial at, all and food companies have known this was. Coming they're looking to phase out dies by the end of twenty twenty. Six why do we have to wait until the end of twenty twenty S these dyes don't do anything for the flavor of the, food the texture of the.
Speaker 5: Food the only thing.
Speaker 4: They do is make it look more visually. Appealing it's a marketing. Tactic and their petroleum based. Dies you, know somebody called me on and, said MAYBE i thought.
Speaker 14: You were a.
Speaker 4: Libertarian why are you in favor of banning these? Dies the reality is is that the federal government should have never let them in in the first. Place and if we're gonna have a system where the federal government is deciding things about our, Food i'd much rather it air on the side of not eating petroleum based. Dyes if we're gonna have that overlooking the food, chain THEN i want to make sure that, it's you, know not feeding me petroleum based, dice BECAUSE i bet you a ton of people did not know that these dyes were petroleum. Based how many of these little oil and gas anti people are running around with a red bowl full of dies in their, hands not having any.
Speaker 5: Clue that petroleum touches. Everything it truly.
Speaker 4: Does SO i got a couple things on the blog, Today, YEAH i want To you may have seen That Shannon sharp has been accused of sexual assault by a woman who says she was in a relationship with him for two, years and during that time there were two different instances months, apart where she says he sexually assaulted, her once In october of twenty twenty four and once In january of twenty twenty. Five this woman is, Nineteen Shannon sharp is fifty. Six not that that, matters BUT i will tell you AND i don't have any particular affection For Shannon sharp because he got mouthy With Dan marino back in the day AND i didn't like it BECAUSE i was A dolphins fan at the. Time so this isn't out of any particular concern or love For Shannon. SHARP i don't dislike the guy, anymore you, know Because Dan marino seems to be over. It but WHEN i first saw this, STORY i, THOUGHT i you know, WHAT i. DON'T i don't believe all.
Speaker 5: WOMEN i just. Don't there's too many women looking for a.
Speaker 4: Payday and this is the same, attorney by the, way who's represented a ton of money or a ton of women that have accused Of Sean watson of. Malfeasans so this attorney, IS i guess now known for going after, athletes and.
Speaker 5: Maybe a bunch of other women will come out of the.
Speaker 4: Woodwork we don't, know BUT i am definitely taking a wait and see approach on anything like this story because too many of them have turned out to, be you, know giant nothing. Burgers AND i realize that we're not supposed to talk about women who are being victimized and how they.
Speaker 5: Stay but why were you in the same room with someone you sexually who has sexually assaulted you In? October why do you put yourself back in that? POSITION i really struggle with, THAT i truly.
Speaker 4: Do AND i know that women who are in an abusive situation are often so mentally abused and beaten down that they don't have the ability to have those thought processes because the fear is so great IN i understand that part of, it but it's just, like why does it seem that the women you want to sue for this later.
Speaker 5: Are the women that seem to have gone. Back SO i don't. Know maybe it's, true maybe it's.
Speaker 4: NOT i have no, idea But i'm not going to be talking about it or commenting on it because at this stage in the, GAME i JUST i will say, This if you are a man of means and you're running around banging chicks left and, right or whatever you're doing or you're mistreating, women you're an. Idiot you will be separated from your cash faster than you can even. Imagine be a decent human and hopefully you won't have to deal with accusations like. This AND i GUESS i saw ON tmz. EARLIER i didn't watch the, story but it was, like now this woman is released text, messages angry text, messages and that's supposed to shot up per. Case, well angry text messages are sent by a lot of people a lot of the, time not, me BECAUSE i.
Speaker 5: Put nothing in. Writing i'm going to threaten people to their. Faces just. KIDDING i don't threaten any BECAUSE i can't back it up when we get.
Speaker 4: BACK a story out Of Kansas city has led me to some questions about the you, know reality of having men in women's, space especially locker, rooms and how this could be completely abused by discussing in sick men and it might have been disgustingly abused In North Kansas. City we'll talk about that. Next at In North Kansas CITY, ymca a mom was in a locker room with her seven year old daughter and they had just finished swimming lessons and they were changing in the locker room when she heard a man's, voice and as she and her daughter were leaving a stall where they were changing for, modesty they encountered a naked man with his junk.
Speaker 5: Exposed this is where it gets. Good once she questioned what.
Speaker 4: The man was, doing the woman, said the individual responded with something to the effect of, Honey i'm a.
Speaker 5: Woman well didn't necessarily look like a, woman.
Speaker 4: And other moms at THE ymca have shared their concerns as, well not necessarily looking to run into a grown man with genitalia hanging out in the locker. Room, now The North Kansas CITY ymca has launched an, investigation but so has The North Kansas City Police. Department THE ymcaa issued a statement that, says THE ymca Of Greater Kansas city is aware of a reported incident in the locker. Room we continue to investigate the incident and are unable to provide further details at this. Time we are also cooperating with The North Kansas City Police department as they conduct their. Investigation the safety and well being of all of our members is a, priority and we take this concern. Seriously we follow all state and local, laws and individuals are allowed to use the locker room or restroom that they identify. With at The North Kansas CITY, ymca we also have for private universal changing rooms available separate from the larger shared locker rooms for anyone who prefers the. Privacy they offer to ensure all why members' standards of privacy are respected and safety is. Prioritized when using any of our shared locker, rooms members are asked to wear a, towel wrap or other clothes at all, times which is communicated to members when they join our member. Handbooks so here's what we. Have we have A ymca that has, four four separate private changing rooms, available and yet this man decided he was going to walk around the ladies locker room with his junk. Out, now The North Kansas City Police department has confirmed that it is investigating a report of an indecent exposure that occurred at THE, ymca but they did not share further. Details now here's WHAT i want to ask in this. Situation if we know that there is there are options for a trans person to change in a locker room that are fully, private four of those, options and we know that THE ymca has a policy asking people to show some modesty in the locker rooms for the comfort of. Everyone then how is this not just a, plain straight up case of indecent exposure by a guy who decided he was just gonna let it all hang out in the ladies. Room i'm gonna tell, you, Guys i've often Thought i've never dealt.
Speaker 5: With this as a. Mom as a, WOMAN i can.
Speaker 4: Handle, myself And i've never dealt with a situation WHERE i felt uncomfortable in a. Restroom i've never had to deal with this particular. Situation but when it comes to my, kid when it comes to my, daughter then things get really really tricky for. Me And i'm not sure THAT i would not have had a verbal altercation at least with this dude in the locker room In Kansas. City but doesn't this kind of open the door to the question of the reason that women don't want men in their. Spaces whether there are men who say there are, women or they are men who say they are, men we don't want them in our spaces because there is an inherent imbalance between men and women when it comes to strength and everything.
Speaker 5: ELSE i, mean, you, GUYS.
Speaker 2: I know THAT i know.
Speaker 5: BASIC i, mean just you know basic sort of self defense. Moves BUT i also know that.
Speaker 4: If a guy is six' two and outweighs me by, fifty pounds there's very little THAT physically i can do to stop him from doing whatever he wants. To do that's one of The reasons i'm a concealed carry. Permit holder that's a great equalizer, right there BECAUSE if i can't physically, stop him my firearm.
Speaker 5: Absolutely can.
Speaker 4: But now we're faced with a situation where there are men who say they are women who ignore all, those norms who just come into the locker room and walk around with their junk. Hanging out how is that not in? Decent exposure how is it not in? Decent exposure and why do we even have?
Speaker 5: Those laws why are they even on?
Speaker 4: The books and the part that really gets me is THAT this ymca has four separate private spaces where this man could have, been accommodated but instead he chose to walk around the women's locker room with a junk. Hanging out this is exactly why women don't want trans men in. Their spaces not because trans men are inherently dangerous, TRANS women I guess i should say in and, of themselves but because there appears to be a sub sect of men who are willing to say that they are female so they can have access to. Female spaces and the unfortunate thing here, is that unfortunately it's going to be the trans women who are going to have to pay the price for, those Men because i'm not willing to err on the side of caution on behalf of trans women when there are other spaces available for them to change clothing if they are fully mail, and intact which this guy.
Speaker 5: Absolutely was because what's.
Speaker 4: To prevent just a normal guy who gets off on exposing himself to little girls from walking into any restroom IN any ymca and just changing clothes and drop and trow and then just like, this, Guy honey i'm, A woman ignore.
Speaker 5: My penis i'm. A woman this is how absurd this entire thing. Has gotten IT'S just. I posted, i mean if you missed the beginning of.
Speaker 4: THE show i literally started the beginning of the show today talking about HOW much i love X.
Speaker 5: DOT com i. Love it IT'S where i get.
Speaker 4: My news i've cultivated my feed to get incredibly good, news pundits all kinds, OF politicians, I mean i get all kinds of stuff but one of THE things i posted a couple of days ago was a protest In The, united KINGDOM and i urge you to go to my x Feed At mandy connell and find this in my profile because it is it's it's, beyond parody and it is a guy who. Is disabled he's sitting in a wheelchair at an event for. Trans writes dude has.
Speaker 2: A full beard.
Speaker 4: And mustache dude is wearing, dude clothes but in this video he talks about being misgendered by the. Transportation system they kept calling me. A, man dude you look like. A man if you have, a penis you look like. A man and if you don't want to look like a man, a man don't change in a locker room and show everyone. Your penis this is the kind of stuff that is going to create a backlash that that's. Growing ALREADY and i want trans people to be able to go to, the GYM and i want them to have a. Nice life BUT what i don't want is bad actors to utilize these insane rules to force little girls to see men's junk before it's time for them to see that kind. OF stuff, i mean, my goodness you guys.
Speaker 8: This is what we're.
Speaker 4: ARGUING about i REMEMBER when i was little and we were all worried the stranger danger in. The bathrooms we weren't allowed to go in the bathrooms because what if a man was. In, there well now you're supposed to act like it's. Perfectly fine, oh no there's a dude in. The bathroom don't worry, about it.
Speaker 5: It's fine.
Speaker 4: The PROBLEM that i the sad thing is that there are plenty of trans women out there who don't deserve to be lumped in with any of. These people they don't deserve to have to worry about going to. The bathroom they don't to have to worry about going to a. Locker room but the sad fact is that all of these other people have. Ruined it they've.
Speaker 7: Ruined it.
Speaker 4: AND if i see a dude that looks like a dude in a, Locker room i'm going to. Say something i'm gonna be nice. About it i'm not gonna, be Rude but i'm going to say something about it because it's. Fundamentally wrong why do we even have? Separate spaces and the ironic thing about this whole thing is that the reason that trans women want to use women's bathrooms is because they don't want to be around men in that.
Speaker 5: SPACE either, i mean, come on just. Come, ON.
Speaker 4: Anyway i got a lot of stuff on the blog TODAY that i have not gotten to that you really should read because it's. All Awesome Representative jonah goose called a caused.
Speaker 5: A panic a full. On panic what did he? Panic, over well he panicked because you heard a Rumor that doge was At the noah Office. In boulder and you know that.
Speaker 4: If there's Anything that, democrats hate it's making, government smaller spending less of our. Tax dollars so not Only Did Representative jonah goose, Show Up Colorado attorney general and current Goobernatorial Candidate.
Speaker 5: Till wiser showed up, as well.
Speaker 4: And they filmed a social media video or SOMETHING something I don't i didn't even.
Speaker 6: Really like.
Speaker 4: Pay attention, this quote taken from the video by our Friends at fox thirty, one is, of course we Know that doge has worked to dismantle government agency after. Government agency we've seen it At The Consumer Financial, protection Bureau the Department, of education and the list goes on. And on so we were, rightfully concerned and the community is. Rightfully concerned about what may be Happening at Noah.
Speaker 2: And nissted except.
Speaker 5: Nothing. Was happening so the little false panic.
Speaker 2: Was much ado.
Speaker 4: About nothing but isn't it interesting that they're fighting to keep? GOVERNMENT huge, i mean it's. Not surprising, come on it's not surprising. At all so that is on the blog today. As well the pope's Funeral.
Speaker 5: IS saturday i am, not Going But donald Trump and millennia will. Be attending.
Speaker 4: So you got that going for You that i'm interested to see the level of pomp and circumstance in the funeral for this, particular pope because he's the guy was not about the pomp. And circumstance he was a, simple man, simple beginnings. SIMPLE ending i don't know if you guys, know this but In the, jewish faith you are according to. Their FAITH and I hope i'm getting this right Because a jewish person explained this, to ME and I hope i have it right.
Speaker 5: Right now they're buried in a.
Speaker 4: Pine box they don't do the eight thousand dollars, fancy CASKETS which i do, not. Understand y'all it is going in the ground with a body. In it nobody needs to see a burled. Mahogany casket, no one, stop it just stop it. Right now but In the, jewish faith you're buried in a pine box and everyone is buried the, same way because we're all equal coming into this world and leaving. This WORLD and i love, that CONCEPT and i kind of feel like this pope would probably have embraced. This CONCEPT but i don't know how much planning. HE did, i mean when you're, eighty eight don't you think you plan, your funeral especially if you're. THE pope, I mean i'm, fifty FIVE and i kind of have mine mapped out in. MY mind i have, MY playlist i HAVE things i, WANT red i HAVE people i want called out in vicious fashion for perceived slights over.
Speaker 14: MY.
Speaker 4: Lifetime jk i'm not really doing that. LAST part I mean i tried to get my friends to, do it but they.
Speaker 5: Have demurred so you got to Think the pope probably had something to do with planning.
Speaker 4: HIS funeral i heard a sound bite today On kaoi's news at, some point and it was some Guy In, Down, down denver in his response to the pope DYING was i just can't believe.
Speaker 5: This happened, I'm, like okay let's just check.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 5: Math dude he was.
Speaker 4: Eighty eight that's thing. Number one he was in the hospital for thirty, eight days like a. Month ago he's had a lot of health problems and. You're shot did you think the guy was gonna?
Speaker 13: Live?
Speaker 5: FOREVER no i don't.
Speaker 4: Think so but that is on the blog, as well plus a really. COOL story i might talk about. This tomorrow people are complaining BECAUSE chat gpt is too much of a. Suck UP chat gpt is too nice when you ask it. A question you, Know WHAT sometimes i just open UP chat gpt and ask it a question so someone will be nice.
Speaker 5: To me is that?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 5: Wrong then, All right mike calls me, a moron. IT does i programmed it to. STOP it i got enough of that in. MY life i don't.
Speaker 4: Need, LIKE no i, like It and i'm very kind TO, chat gpt so when our robot overlords, take over they'll remember.
Speaker 5: My kindness. That's fair if you ever, need negativity you can just ask it to roast you and watch. What happens, OH god i don't want it to.
Speaker 4: DO that i don't understand the appeal of, being ROASTED like i understand wanting to.
Speaker 5: ROAST someone i get.
Speaker 4: That instinct but EVERY time i watch, these, roasts like at some point the person being roasted just.
Speaker 5: Has that, fake smile paste it on, their.
Speaker 4: Face and you can see the wild discomfort in, their Eyes and, i'm like why.
Speaker 5: Would you sign up?
Speaker 16: FOR that i. LOVE it i think we roast the roles, we love AND so i think, for me it's a great way that people can get taken down a not, your two, you know, get that get that the ego taken down a not your two a, little bit and have their flaws pointed out in an environment that's healthy more or less because it's not screaming at.
Speaker 7: Each other.
Speaker 4: You, Know well i've often said that JUST when i get too big for, My breeches god puts me in a SITUATION where i inevitably humbled, myself again as if to, remind, me yeah you're not.
Speaker 5: ALL that i literally got too big for my bridges AND realized i needed to. Swim, down yeah don't make fun of My southern, Euphemism's, there, arkansas boy you've heard that before. YOUR life i. Have once you're worried about that?
Speaker 4: At ALL so i didn't realize, you too were terrible at shooting garbage into the, trash.
Speaker 5: Can, shameful dirty non. Truth teller he's calling you OUT on X.
Speaker 4: DOT comps i will TELL you I watched ross sit here and missed three out.
Speaker 7: Of five you guys shoot at the free.
Speaker 5: Throw line i'm over here at the three, point line and that you just can't even make it from. THE here i can't, see IT and i still. Hit Them nick ferguson is full of you.
Speaker 7: Know what you, Hear me you hear me calling. You out we'll have.
Speaker 5: A contest hey has quite the POOPSTER on x dot com about this kind.
Speaker 16: Of stuff camera and we're gonna, sit here two, of us an alternating shoot at, the can and whoever makes the most out.
Speaker 4: Of TEN and i Did Think blake GRIFFIN on x Was Actually kim kardashian's ex husband whatever his.
Speaker 5: Name, was, No, no no That Wasn't kim kardashian's. Ex husband that was what's? His, name well she he was. WITH her i thought they. Were, briefly no. That's it THAT'S why i think they. Were, married briefly?
Speaker 7: Were, they NO she's i think they. Were together, one boy they.
Speaker 5: Might together she was only married to what's?
Speaker 12: His?
Speaker 4: Face for like a, hot minute And then kanye proving she has diedamite or past.
Speaker 5: In men uh so there.
Speaker 2: You, go.
Speaker 5: Anyway, let's see It's time kim.
Speaker 7: Was married kim was Married. To, humphries yeah THAT'S what.
Speaker 5: I said, oh no why, Would no.
Speaker 4: Kendall's degenerous she's Not, a kardashian she's a channel, so young she's not. That young now she's in, twenty six, Twenty seven. I'M guessing, i mean she's not old by any stretch of, the imagination but she's not like.
Speaker 5: A teen yes. You are and as, they say what you like about high, school girls they stay the same.
Speaker 4: Aide, exactly yeah it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio oskine in the world.
Speaker 1: Of.
Speaker 5: The day not that that was actually your best work. Right, there yeah it was hard to under that. Previous bar under that? All right what is our? Dad joke could the Day? FLEAS anthony i.
Speaker 6: Felt uncomfortable driving into. The CEMETERY the gps, blurted out you have reached your. Final destination, oh no that's, no.
Speaker 5: Good that's no good.
Speaker 2: At all what's our word of?
Speaker 9: The?
Speaker 5: Day please this day is.
Speaker 7: An adjective it is.
Speaker 2: Oh that has to do.
Speaker 4: With food it's something that's delicious or something that tickles your taste buds that it's closer.
Speaker 7: To EDIBLE am i related to or associated with eating or the sense? Of taste there, you.
Speaker 5: Go something that tickles your. Taste buds that's what you, got there speaking of.
Speaker 4: Taste buds will stay on. That topic what popular spice comes from the root Of the kakurma longa flowering Plant plant kurrcuma longa.
Speaker 5: Flowering, Plant no i'm going, to go what's The red what starts WITH? A t it is.
Speaker 4: Anti inflammatory everybody's using it. Right now oh, my gosh it just went out of.
Speaker 2: My head no.
Speaker 5: Clue turic, oh YEAH and i. Am, correct okay there, you go NOW that i.
Speaker 4: Remembered it the spice contains a chemical, called curcumin which is believed to have help and if it's such as reducing. THE swelling i actually have a product called kircumin at.
Speaker 5: My house, right now there.
Speaker 4: You Go ben Albright And, mandy connell, all right what Is our? Jeopardy Category rush jeopardy? Last Night if i've been on the show, LAST night i literally knew. EVERY answer i, Was like i'm the smartest. Person alive, right now go on. The, show yeah bulto?
Speaker 5: Much pressure too?
Speaker 6: Much pressure category is a, taxing, category okay tax time taxes can, be regressive hitting lower incomes harder or.
Speaker 7: This type what?
Speaker 5: Are progressive that?
Speaker 6: Is correct in nineteen, Forty three congress mandated this process via which employees deduct Taxes.
Speaker 5: Many what is?
Speaker 6: Withholding taxes that? IS correct a homonym of a word meaning to. Cut out there are taxes on, specific, goods services. Or activities blanked taxes to cut out starts with.
Speaker 5: An e bread the whole question one.
Speaker 6: More time a hominem of a word meaning to. Cut out they are taxes on.
Speaker 2: That site that.
Speaker 6: Is correct dang It an most of the proceeds From The Federal Insurance contributions act tax go to this Program.
Speaker 5: Social security that.
Speaker 6: Is correct we are back to property and sales taxes are often this Type from latin for in proportion, to value.
Speaker 7: No chance.
Speaker 5: TO value i do not know the answer to.
Speaker 6: THIS question i don't think blank something Obviously ad in the, second one what is?
Speaker 5: Added, value no It's?
Speaker 7: In latin, oh god no zero ad valor there.
Speaker 5: No WINS because i took. The shot we take what we'll Be like british soccer and take.
Speaker 7: A tie, OH god.
Speaker 5: I refuse i will not take your.
Speaker 4: Pity tie THEN alright i will come back and beat you fair and square in.
Speaker 5: THE future i am fine. WITH that i don't need your pity the last one to or? Madam whatever what is your what's one? Sports, Today no i'm just stopped.
Speaker 7: Hanging out happy to.
Speaker 5: Be here we'll get ready FOR The nfl draft coming up here to talk To a rod about some of the. Social, stuff, yeah yeah. That's exciting When for, thursday night, big show lots of draft coverage. And everything We'll u we'll be down At the. Broncos headquarters we'll be in the. Headquarters exclusively that's.
Speaker 4: A headquarters, all right that's not, Happening today That's. Happening thursday but today we DO Have ko sports coming up right. After this keep IT on koa