Speaker 1: So we're gonna talk about Kansas their five and oh their basketball team is number one in the country and they have a Goliath showdown here with Duke coming up this week. But first, Cam, you just told me a really sad story involving the KU football team, who has become I believe, the first team, the first team ever to have a losing record and beat three straight ranked teams something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's correct. I equate that to the It's the same thing as my college, Northwood University, going to oh to six in the Gliac and then winning an award for community service. But still kind of cool, that is, it's it's incredible that they're in this spot. But you mentioned Kansas's punter, who is from Australia. Tell that story. I didn't know this, So he's from the land down Onnder. Apparently I came across this earlier on the internet today out of boredom. And apparently his parents flew over to watch him play, which is super cool. Well, it turns out Kansas did not punt once, so that his family flew across the pond to watch him. I guess hold I would assume hold field goals. Maybe I think, because I think that's all he probably did. Or extra points even.
Speaker 1: Extra points, yeah, extra points, lots of that. It's it's kind of It kind of reminds me of when Kansas basketball had Doake's mom come up here all the way from Nigeria to watch her son play in a final four, and uh, well, she she saw him score the first basket of the game and had to be like, Okay, Villanova sucks. That probably was in her mind thirty seconds right, and then while very quickly and suddenly.
Speaker 2: Firebomb.
Speaker 1: The whole game just went south.
Speaker 2: But you know, I hold on. I think the worst part of that is that she had to watch her son, who was the slowest big on the court, have to guard like stretch fours and just watch them make three after three. It wasn't that they lost, It was that she had to watch him struggle against that for forty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was it was then she probably left thinking, oh my gosh, my Sun's basketball team is the worst team that's ever made one of these final fours. And now, if she is a history buff, she would acknowledge that that final four didn't actually happen. So it makes sense correct considering how bad that her opinion of Kansas must have been through one game. Because Bill Self won his eight hundred and fifteenth basketball game at Allen Field House. Wink wink. It was actually his eight hundredth according to the history books. All Right, where were you the day Bill Self won his eight hundredth basketball game?
Speaker 2: Sir, oh man, I feel like I was in a living room.
Speaker 1: Well that is that.
Speaker 2: That's about as exciting as it gets. That is just every bit as terriffic riveting.
Speaker 1: But we're going to talk about that number eight hundred on what feels like show number eight hundred in my career. It's not. But I've done the better part of half of those games, I think, which is just sad and a lot of it's amazing. That is amazing and sad at the same time. This is inside the Paint Two Persons Show today for one more episode.
Speaker 2: I'm Ryan Landrath and I'm all two Schools of Paige Charlie Weiss nineteen million dollars not coach football.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. That yeah. And then and then one of those same exact teams was like, hey, let's hire this less miles. Guys, Surely that won't happen again.
Speaker 2: I sent I sent Jeff Long an edible arrangement because I said something on Twitter once that I was like, yo, I'll send you an edible arrangement if you hire less miles. And so I sent him an edible arrangement and then they wrote about it in the Kansas City Star and it went viral because Jeff Long called it an edible and his daughter thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: That was you that sent that. I remember reading that story and seeing your name.
Speaker 2: This moment in my life.
Speaker 1: Wow, well, that's pretty cool because you sent a gift to a very rich man that did a lot of very not very good things at the University of Kansas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, allegedly, and well as far as the results, which we have, so yeah, Kansas here, they're they're going to play duke on on Tuesday night in a game that has a lot of hoopla.
Speaker 1: But first, you know, you got it. It's kind of like Thanksgiving. If you want to get to the dessert, you gotta sit through the appetizers. And I guess we're going to talk about the green bean cas role that was the UNC Wilmington game land and we'll be back on the next show. Uh, he is still getting he's still handling. A couple of things I want to say off the court. He say off the court makes him sound.
Speaker 2: He got a ten days suspend me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's go go ahead.
Speaker 2: Landa got a suspension for you know, ten days approximately for betting on Iraqi League basketball illegally. Actually that was me in college. Don't worry about that, folks. Yeah, he'll be back. I did do that once.
Speaker 1: Of course. I remember you betting on foreign league basketball games, and it's like, do you even have access to it? You're not watching lives.
Speaker 2: That's why I say allegedly, because it was our site called Bovada, and it might have been for a time period where it was legal.
Speaker 1: That is, it's very very alleged, very very never happened.
Speaker 2: But if it did, it did.
Speaker 1: Let's talk all about Kansas, and I don't even remember this was because, like we go, I think it was Wilmington, right, yeah, Wellington, All right, let's do it, all right, Five games, five wins, Number one Kansas eighty four U n C. Wilmington sixty six. Kansas. They are five and zero after a strong open to the second half, something we hadn't seen so far this year, a good start after halftime and they built an instrumentable lead against the Seahawks of Wilmington, Kansas is. If they beat Duke, they are North Carolina state champions. Considering three of their six opponents so far have come from North Carolina, there really aren't a lot of huge storylines here. There was just a lot of lineup tinkering. That's probably the biggest takeaway. Bill self still trying to find the right mix and match. It looks like you're starting to see a seven man rotation, maybe an eight man rotation at the forefront, with a couple of other guys that play on occasion, but overall pretty much a shrug game. They've had two of those. Now. We thought that they would handle both of their last two opponents, being Oakland and Wilmington, and they did just that.
Speaker 2: Neither was in doubt. Yeah, pretty simple game. Dwan Harris played well and I see him get some get some shots falling if he's Ky's leading scorer with seventeen points on six of ten shooting. He had two three pointers. He added six assists and two steals in thirty minutes. Note here it is the most he scored in game since his twenty three point out burst against Kentucky and last year's Champion Classic. Overall, in my opinion, it's one of those games where we knew Kansas was going to win, and we saw some different lineups and I think we'll talk about that in a little bit, but it was fun. We did see that four guard lineup that we've talked about a little bit on the show this year, and it led to some scoring and then it was taking off the court pretty quickly. Thanks Bill. Yeah, overall, pretty boring game, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Harris was fantastic. It was great to see Dewan Harris play. I was completely I'm a Paul and in here, I was completely zero in on the Sunda night football game. Did you read to one Harris's stats?
Speaker 2: I did. Yeah, you're good, Okay, cool. Nick Whifers is still alive, and well.
Speaker 1: As I'm not gonna be like Nick, it's notting to one scored seventeen points because he was great. And you know, we saw this, as you said, early in the season last year and wondered, oh, this is the Dewan Harris that could score. Maybe it'll stick around. And he didn't score more than fifteen in the rest of the way this year. I predict he does not go the rest of the season without scoring fifteen points in a game. He looks like he is really comfortable doing what he does best, which is not taking any shot. I don't think he's taken a single shot in five games that has made you go, why is Dewan shooting that? All of the ones that he takes are so in control. He's the perfect quarterback for this team, playing really really good basketball through five games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, high quality shots. He all shoots wide open threes and fortunately he made a couple in this game. And yeah, I mean overall, he is the senior point guard that you want on a team that has a lot of scoring options. He can score when he wants to and needs to, but it's not his first choice. It's fun to watch.
Speaker 1: As for Kansas shooting the ball, Dewan did make a couple of threes, but everybody else struggled. Do you take out Harris and they were barely twenty percent as a team as a roster six of twenty five. That's twenty four percent against this UNC Wilmington defense. This is a team that had played in entirely exclusively track meets through this point in the year too, they were averaging like one hundred and eighteen points or something like that, mainly because they hung one forty on some crappy mount all of Naia School. But still it was Kansas scored like twenty two points in the first eight minutes, and we were expecting a full on track meet. Really never hit that point. I think they started one for nine and finished six of twenty five from three against the UNC Wilmington defense. In five games this year, now Kansas is outside the top two hundred and thirty threes are in threes per game, so they're in the bottom third nationally thirty four percent as a team. Last year, that was undoubtedly the straw that broke the camel's back. That was just when it became clear that this team couldn't shoot well. The riding was on the wall, that they were going to lose by a lot in their season inning loss, which they did. Five games. Haven't been as good as we thought they would be, especially considering how Zeke Mayo start of the year. Are you concerned or are we just looking at a very small sample size.
Speaker 2: I think it's a little bit of both. Actually, I mean I wouldn't say concerned, because as far as roster construction, this is a team that should an emphasis on should be able to shoot the three. I will say it is. It is a little surprising to see this slow of a start, you know, thirty four percent as a team and being outside the top two hundred three. That's not ideal. I do think it'll rebound a little bit. Zeke Meo is going through a shooting slump right now. Dwan Harris has not made a lot of three pointers. He's not gonna shoot an granted, but he also has not made money up to this point. I think it'll I think it'll even out over the course of the season. It's kind of the highs and the lows of college basketball. What do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's probably it. I think you're gonna see them at some point. You're gonna need to see them put it together. You know, they play a Duke team that I don't think they're going to have a ton of success with that. They try to make it a half court game. Duke's athleticism and ability to drain the shot clock and use their athletes to have their way. They have more size. I don't think that's Kansas's game. I think Kansas is be game against the Blue Devils. We'll get into the preview later. Is to play fast. It's to up their transition game. Zeke Mayo is a perfect catalyst for this. There were several occasions where we saw him sprint right to the three point line with the ball in his hands and pull up and shoot NBA style with twenty seconds up in the shot clog. That was awesome to see. I want to see a lot more of that. He hasn't shot the ball as well in the last couple of weeks as he did the first week of the season, but that doesn't mean that I think that they should do any of the shooting or any less shooting than they're doing. Keep firing the ball. You have guys on this roster that have a proven track record. Let it fly and results will follow until they don't. That's what I'm willing to say. I'm going to give him through Christmas. If they're still shooting thirty four percent through Christmas, we might have a problem.
Speaker 2: I agree. I also think you know, you think back to last year. Nick Timberlake obviously had a lot of success shooting the basketball at his prior school. But you look at it on a different level. He was there was a lot of pressure on him to be the guy to make all the three pointers. He was the shooter. This year, they don't really have that. There's so many different players that can threes. I think overall, it's it's a really small sample size. They will start a hit shots, hopefully against Duke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they need to against Duke because that's their toughest opponent of the non conference slate. I think I think that is the clearly Kansas's strongest opponent of any of the teams that they're gonna play in the non con.
Speaker 2: Are the du Blue Devils.
Speaker 1: They are extremely talented and they have a ton of strengths. So it'll be interesting to see what Kansas does there. They're gonna play well against against Duke. It's gonna be through this guy. Hunter. Dickinson had fifteen and fifteen in thirty minutes, match his points with his rebounds. He was seven for eleven from the floor. Predictably, the Seahawks very unique name by the way, I think they're the only Seahawks in D one. They had no match for Dickinson. We figured that would happen. We thought we'd see a lot of flory, but doom got We really didn't. We had three quick dunks in eight minutes before rolling his ankle and exiting in the first half. It looked significantly worse. From our seats. It looked like a non contact knee injury when it kind of bends the wrong way, and it turns out after seeing the replay, he just kind of rolled the awkwardly.
Speaker 2: That makes me cringe so hard whenever I see it, right, I cannot stand those injuries. I even if it's just a tweak, it is so disgusting. It's such a visceral reaction that I get to it.
Speaker 1: It looked horrible well, and then there's also the point where these athletes just bounce right back like it's nothing like in the Chiefs Panthers game this afternoon, this defensive lineman for Carolina clearly broke his hand or severely hurt his wrist or something, and he's like holding it in agony, and then they take him in the sideline. He's there for like two plays as they're putting pins in it and wrapping it up, and he's right back on the field like the John Madden tough act and nat Field. It's crazy. I don't know how these athletes. Then you just see Flory like an hour later smiling like, yeah, man, I'm good to go. Sel said that he could have returned, he ultimately did not. They get a week off between games, and cel said he will not have any restrictions against the Blue Devils. I think he is a very Yeah, I think he's a very important player in this duke game. They're gonna need some athleticism to match dukes, especially in the front court. So really, not a whole lot to say about these two guys. They both did. Dickinson was really good, made his impact whenever he wasn't scoring a whole lot early on. Still so good that he pads finds a way to pat his numbers and Bajunga avoiding injury. That's all you needed to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hunter Dickinson good. But Douga also will be good. Hopefully he'll play more. Another player that we'll talk about a little bit. David Quoit actually finishes Kansas's second leading score, putting up his best game of the young season with thirteen points on four out of seven shooting and cleans two of four from three, he played twenty minutes. Realistically, what do you think his role will be going forward?
Speaker 1: Well, let's look at their rotation. We've done this a couple of times. It feels like we do this a lot of early season shows in these recaps where there's not a lot to discuss with the actual game. You got two bigs, you got Mayo, Griffin, you got the one, you got kJ Those guys are your front six. They're gonna play a lot you have off the bench. So the first two guards cards are David Koit and you have who am I missing? Who's the oh? Aj Store? Those are your eight. You got eight guys that are very very very much anchored into this rotation. I think Cooit is eight out of eight as of right now. But still he's he's got the experience, he's a good enough shooter, he's a good enough point guard. He's gonna get minutes after that it gets interesting. But this is less about the rotation and more about quit specifically. I don't think Koit's gonna play more than what Harris, Mayo Griffin, and maybe Store. So he's probably fifth of your backcourt guys, maybe he's sixth.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be like fifteen ish minutes per game, is my guess.
Speaker 1: And I think that's that feels like a fine role, right, Like you can put him out there, and in this game he got twenty minutes. He played more because the ball was going through the basket. He's gonna have games wherever the shots not falling. Not Charlie Moore wasn't nearly as.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, say a flaming hot take, David Quoit, is what Charlie Moore was supposed to be. Yeah, that's a good better team.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a good take. He is. He is Charlie Moore coming to fruition, uh and on a much better team. Yes, that helps, like and Charlie Moore's role on that team was gonna be one of the two or three most important three point shooters, which makes crazy, yeah, because look how that ended saying out he was I remember, do you remember? I remember Charlie Moore making six threes against South Dakota right before Christmas that year.
Speaker 2: The fact you can pull that off the top of your mind is so crazy. I don't remember that, actually.
Speaker 1: No, I remember that vividly, and I'm looking at his stats that year. He made He shot twenty six percent on threes at Kansas and.
Speaker 2: He only made twenty.
Speaker 1: He only made twenty and six of them were in that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for context, what was Timberlake last year? Oh?
Speaker 1: I think Timberlake made thirty two of one hundred or something like that.
Speaker 2: So that is very comically bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard to do, especially when you're brought in, as you said, to be one of the iconic sharpshooters. Yeah, no Quoite is a is going to be leaned on to when injuries mount or a first half in Morgantown is going poor and you need to turn to a guy off the bench that can go in and score. I'll always remember Sphe, m kay. Look, in his sophomore year, there was a game they played at k State. Kansas was that was their number one overall seed team that eventually lost to Villanova. Kansas State wasn't good. They didn't make the NCAA tournament, but Kansas was struggling out there and self kept trying guys off the bench. He turned his Spema Kylok, who was at that point just a sophomore and like his eighth or ninth option, and Sphee made three threes in the first half out there, and you after the game, you go, oh, they probably lose that game if they don't have that depth. Throw Spee out there. I think you're gonna see Quite in a similar type role. He's gonna play more than that. But you have to make sure that you have guys that you can go on off the bench. If Store isn't scoring like you think he should, if Ryland Griffin gets two early fouls, if the one Harris's floater isn't going, you gotta have someone on that bench that can go in there and you can rely on them to score. We're inside and out. I think Quit is one of their best, most reliable, true off the bench scorers that they've had in quite some time. He would have been a pivotal piece last year.
Speaker 2: Completely agree. Also, the thing that I love about David Coit is his attitude. He looks like he wants the ball when he's out there, but he's also capable of actually making shots. Unlike Charlie Morrison. When he gets the ball, you're not terrified about him launching it from the volleyball line. But yeah, no, really fun to watch. I will be curious to see how that shapes up in the rest of the season minutes wise. As we know, Bill self typically runs eight top players right eight Max. He's definitely in that spot right now, and then after that we're looking at our our buddy, Zach Clements.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because we just named the eight and then nine, ten, and eleven in some order, our rakis Passmore, Shack Moore, and Zach Clemens. We don't think we're gonna see Clemens much. We don't think we're probably gonna see pass More very much either. I think that I think that Shack Moore, that's the wild card. It would it stun you if Shackmore played more than Quoite this year? Stunned Probably not, But you're not expecting more is not? Okay?
Speaker 2: Then in that case, it's hard to see shack More getting higher than ninth in the rotation, which kind of sucks for him because I mean he transferred in. He he is a senior, correct, so I mean he's probably not going to play a ton anyway. That does kind of suck for his end. But no, I don't expect to see.
Speaker 1: That grad transfer too. Is yeah, your senior and he transferred in before quit did quite You mentioned his attitude. He played two years at Northern Illinois and they were a horrendous team for the last year. Yeah, they were horrible. They We watched them lose at allen Field House only by eight. In the game that Landa Nick and I, I'm sure you listen to that show. Landa Nick and I were banging the drum going, hey, you know what, it's totally fine. They were just looking ahead to the next up.
Speaker 2: Was completely normal that they won by like four points.
Speaker 1: It was not the narrator says it was. It was much so not so. Yes, I'm good. Is he quite playing here? He has a valuable role. Whenever you have a guy with experience, a guy who can shoot, and a guy who can score, all in the same package. I don't care how tall they are, I don't care who the opponent is. That's a guy that has value on your roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally agree. It's fun to have players that can can contribute from the portal.
Speaker 1: Tell me about the other guards. All of these guys I believe are from the portal.
Speaker 2: They are from the portal. I was a portal goer. By the way, I was one of the first portal goers in college golf. Fun facts not highly sought after by Kansas, just throwing that out there. Ryland Griffin made an early three, but had just seven points in twenty minutes. He was frequently bench in the first half, so we could watch the offense role through our buddy Kjadams car crash Dot Jiff aj Store had seven points in twenty three minutes, but he was just one for five on shooting threes. Zeke Mayo had ten points on five out of ten shooting in twenty five minutes, but he missed all four of his threes. Rip to anyone that had him in the same game in Parlay, namely myself Zig allegedly always. Zeke Mayo has started to season eight for thirteen through halftime of Game two, shooting threes. Since then, in the three and a half basketball games that he's played, he's won for six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a big problem. That's the second half of North Carolina Michigan State and then the last two home gimmes just and honestly, not a lot of them, not close. Yeah, it looks really rush and look, he's gonna ultimately be fine. We know that he'll settle. And this is a guy with an enormous volume in his career a big sample size. We see the stroke in the first couple of games. He will ultimately be fine, and we've seen him contribute despite the three point shooting, the three point shot not falling. We saw him still have a game where he had ten rebounds and seven assists. Whenever he only made one three in this game, he still manages to get ten points and make four of his five twos whenever he's not shooting the ball well from the outside. He's a good defender. This is a guy I was kind of concerned about. My impression of him in the Arkansas exhibition was it looked like this game was really fast. He'd played at South Dakota State, and Arkansas's athletes looked like they kind of overwhelmed him a little bit. I no longer feel that way at all. I think he looks comfortable out there. It's just a matter of the show falling. And of all the guys here at we have some questions about Store, obviously have some questions about kJ. I don't think we have a lot of questions about Griffin, But of all these guys, I think I have the fewest questions about Mayo. I think he is he is one. He's probably their third best player after Dickinson and Harris.
Speaker 2: I would say, I agree. I think he has so many more ways of impacting the game than just shooting the basketball. It's kind of a nice compliment to Dwan Harris really because Zekemo can. He can create his own job. But he's so good in transition, and yeah, his SHOT's gonna fall. He's not gonna continue the slump of one for sixteen. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes out there and makes three threes against Duke. I mean, he's too good of a player to continue that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I completely agree, Like that's that's exactly the way I feel. If not gonna be he's if they beat Duke, or if I mean just period against Duke, you figure he's going to be one of the key contributors on both ends of the floor because Duke's gonna throw a lot of talent at you, so you better be ready to defend. And he better have made some progress in that sense since the Arkansas game a few weeks ago. But yeah, not concerned about Mayo at all.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Here's here's a take that we're only going to talk about whenever you. Uh, whenever we're recapping this boring basketball game.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So they played this song, they played this song at Allen Field House, and of course, yeah, it's it's a classic. And then all of the uh, they showed a bunch of KU students doing the trump ants on the on the big screen. Uh, you're a very common rational thought. What's that I'm being told we absolutely will not talk about this on the.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna interject here and I'm not gonna say anything too crazy. What I will say, And let's let's bring up some history here. So if kJ Adams were the shooter, Uh, Abraham Lincoln would be two hundred and sixty five years old today.
Speaker 1: So we're just skipping, skipping right over the trump dance, which is probably for the best saying something less controversial, like the assassination of the Yeah, Abraham Lincoln, he.
Speaker 2: Should have been standing there, he had a he had a booth seat at play. I don't know what he was thinking.
Speaker 1: Well, on that note, I mean, I guess we just better talk about kJ, who you've dubbed a future YMCA Hey, YMCA All Star and Mensley Now three points five rebounds and five assists at twenty nine minutes. There was some good in the second half. He played better, such as his passing ability, his defensive presence. The intensity was up there, but K you played at their best. I think when he was on the bench. They played the four guard lineup to open that second half quite a bit and the offense took off. The reaction on Twitter is that kJ is the weak link in the starting five, based off of the ku accounts I follow on Twitter, and I don't think that's a take you disagree with.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with it. I think it does suck though, because I actually I really like kJ, and we've said this before. I think he's an awesome dude, and he's a really really good basketball player, but his game does not fit with many lineups on this team. The three or four minutes when the four guard lineup came in, this facing was so much better. The ball movement was better. It doesn't take a trained eye to see that. And I think Bill self ultimately knows that. I mean, he's not a dummy, he's all Hall of Fame coach, two national titles. He knows. But it's tough. I mean, it's it's something I think everyone kind of sees. And I also I think there will be some games where kJ Adams will actually help Kansas win with some you know, outside of the box score plays. But yeah, it's it's definitely something that people are taking notice of.
Speaker 1: It's such a matchup game with kJ because there are games where he looks great and then there are other games wherever he clearly is the week link out there. And my hot take on this, and this may be proven to be laughably incorrect, I think Bill self knows kJ is the week link in the starting five, and I think Bill self knows that eventually kJ will not be in the starting five. I no, no, I think you think there's a point this year where kJ is no longer starting.
Speaker 2: Well, you say, and one of the craziest things that's been said on this podcast, which there's been a lot, you said Will Smith had to shoot his dog, you know, at one point, which made me cry with laughter. No, it's kind of the same concept. I think he knows it's Bill Self, he knows what he's doing. But it's it's tough because you have a guy who's been in the program for now what four and a half five years. He's a really good dude. He is a good player, but he is a definition of It's like when you get to the NCAA tournament and it's all about matchups. I just don't want to see this team lose an NCAA tournament game because kJ is playing over I don't know Ryland Griffin, aj Store, whoever, Flory. It doesn't matter. I think. I think that will happen at some point with him going out of the starting lineup.
Speaker 1: Though well it's not even it's it's Thanksgiving week. They've played, They're getting ready to play their sixth game, and kJ still doesn't have as many rebounds as his jersey number. And he's he's a power forward position on this team. I know he's not a true four, but that's what they're asking him to play.
Speaker 2: And in his defense, though I will say this in his defense, I don't think it really matters who starts on this team.
Speaker 1: That is true. Like in this game, what, let me pull up the box score? In this game, Quite plays twenty minutes off the bench. Dickinson plays twenty five minutes as a starter. Like, I mean, are we really that that? Like is does? Is it really that big of a, it really doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I think it's just its minutes distribution. And then you think of like late game scenarios in the second half when teams tend to go on runs. That's where I'm I don't know. I get a little bit leary about kJ playing a ton of minutes, but again, I just I have to think Bill self knows that, but it's got to be such a hard call for him.
Speaker 1: And Dickinson played thirty, not twenty five. But Zeke Mayo plays twenty five as a starter. AJ Store plays twenty three off the bench, Ryland Griffin plays twenty as a starter, David Quite plays twenty off the bench. So like, yeah, I'm with you, there's a lot of mix and matching at this point. They're all gonna get valuable minutes. But I and I don't care as much if kJ starts or doesn't as much as I care that Bill self recognizes when kJ at the four is getting you burned. And I don't like the matchup at all against Duke who starts Cooper Flag at the four. So I mean, kJ isn't better at anything basketball related than Cooper Flag. To be fair, I'm not sure if anyone is yeah, that's not his fault. But you know, you're like the the two big lineup maybe maybe really really helpful against Duke and you. I hope that Bill self isn't stubborn to kJ to a point where we've seen him be stubborn to other veterans. I predict he won't be, just because the deficiencies with kJ are pretty glaring. But as you said, he's a great guy and he does good things. He has value on this team. I'm just not sure if starting over the four guard lineup, if that really is your answer, you want to tell me about these other notes? Here, your buddy, that's my body persuasion.
Speaker 2: The Caucasian persuasion. Zach Clements. He did have a bucket, which brings his season points total up to I believe check notes two points in three minutes, Ricky's passed. Moore and Shack Moore both had two points and six minutes the walk Ons didn't get a chance to see to get on the floor. In other news, the prop bet for walk on points is cooked with a capitol cooked.
Speaker 1: Also, Zach Clements has seven points. You're forgetting about the five he scored against Howard.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Howard doesn't exist. We can't do what's been done or whatever.
Speaker 1: If you if you, if you don't out the Howard game, then yes, these were his first two points of the year. That was a set.
Speaker 2: I just forget. I completely forget that he scored. I forget that he's even played meaningful minutes. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I wonder why what makes people wear T shirts under their jerseys, Like that's something that Zach Clements has started doing. I think white.
Speaker 2: Shirt man, that's so I you know, back in my day, my day when I played in middle school basketball and the junior varsity basketball in high school before I gave it up, I wore a long undersleeve shirt because I felt I felt weird about you know, the armpit, you know, that area being exposed. It was a weird even like that. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 1: Some people do like I wondered if that was left the answer. Yeah, that I wondered if that was legitimately why some people wear T shirts. I would think a cotton T shirt on a basketball floor feels like a hot, sweaty mess. Not me, of course, I'm going going on four weeks now with no deodorant. But it's so noisy for normal humans. Yeah, And I'm sitting here. It's cold in Kansas right now, and I got space here and everything blastings.
Speaker 2: And in your defense, you could go to sleep with fourteen dogs, two cats, a space heater, and a heated blanket in Kansas and you probably wake up being cold.
Speaker 1: Yes, the state of Kansas is about to get really cold. Everybody's going to eat Thanksgiving turkey, the worst of the major holidays, and they're about to have the wow weather downturn. Oh? Is that a hot take? Is that is that correct? I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's a hot take all. But I've never heard someone say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, rank your favorite five holidays.
Speaker 2: Number one, Christmas number two. I think it's gonna be. It's close. I'm gonna say I'm gonna say Halloween, but it's probably fourth of July, just because of the season. But I'll say Halloween number three, fourth of July. For Easter, it's early spring, Masters Sunday number five, it is probably Thanksgiving. And then if we want to add another one, I'll say Indigenous People's Day just to make our listeners happy.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, that that's got to make somebody happy, especially the ones that are piss at the k students did the Trump dance. I have so many buttons I want to push, but I just will not push anything. Good behaved boy. Okay, Christmas is one, Christmas Eve is two. I don't know if I can do that, but I will.
Speaker 2: I forgot to have twenty four trees.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's correct. Are you ready for this? Start? Valentine's Day is three.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's not even a real holiday, dude.
Speaker 1: It's no more of a real holiday than then Halloween. Is right, and I like that.
Speaker 2: You're right though I don't like that, but you are right.
Speaker 1: Valentine's Day if you do it correctly, which is go out and try nice restaurants, wear red clothes, usually right around the time the Cheeks win the Super Bowl. It's a It's an opportunity to show somebody who you care about. And even if you don't, you can still go out and have a nice meal. Food makes the world go around. In Valentine's Day runs all sorts of good specials. Number four. New Year's Eve really fun holiday. I don't drink, but board games and there's usually crazy good football on, whether it's the college football playoff or college basketball. Okay, you plays on New Year's Eve this year, and so those are the four that really matter. I'll say Halloween is five. I can move out those three four or five are interchangeable.
Speaker 2: Halloweeny. I don't do anything for Halloween. It's just nostalgia. That's That's all correct thing that I say about it. That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not big party throwers or anything either, but or the neighborhood's a circle. So handing out candy's nice. And you know, you got to see what all the kids up are dressed up as something. There's always what amazes me every year is how there's still four or five year old kids dressed as Mario and Luigi like that game will now survive free generations of fans at this point. But yeah, that's always fun. And I'm trying to think of uh as far as the other so, so Thanksgiving. The most second to Mount Rushmore, second to only Mount Rushmore as the worst major most overrated landmark in the United States is Plymouth Rock in Massachusetts, which a lot of I have not been. I've seen pictures and I refuse to go. It's just a freaking rock. It's a It's not even that big either. It's it's like it's it's like the size of of a of a of a corner COPI at your Thanksgiving table. Yeah, well, yeah, that's the Hungry Games intelligence. Well, I'll throw it out for Thanksgiving. It's not a big rock. It's just oh wow, that's a rock. That's where a bunch of smelly people landed on a boat after say only the ocean and fooling around with all of their many cousins the whole summer that year. It's really not that much of a landmark. Yeah, ironically, they're very close to West Virginia.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just go on on out of a limb here and say, inside the paint conspiracy, that's not the actual rock that was touched when they landed on shore. I know that rock is probably lodged somewhere else.
Speaker 1: It's probably way way under the rising sea levels at this Yeah. Nah, see what I did there. Now the Trump MCA people and the Elizabeth Warren people, now they are really confused.
Speaker 2: Get all sights here outside the paint. Oh no, we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't hold any favorites and we don't have any least favorites at the same time. But yeah, Thanksgiving foods. Okay, Ham's better than turkey, so the Christmas meal is better. The football games always suck. Oh my god, this year it's the Giants and the sam Cowboys. Seriously, why you're a Lions fan? You don't even want to watch the Bears play the Lions on things?
Speaker 2: I think, you know what, hot take. I think that game is going to be somewhat close.
Speaker 1: Chicago gave it everything they had today and overtime. The Lions. I've just been stepping on people recently, so eventually.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be semi closed for a bit.
Speaker 1: The Lions. Also, I feel like I'm twenty nine. I've watched the Lions play twenty some odd games on Thanksgiving. I cannot remember three wins.
Speaker 2: I they lost last year, I remember that by a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they lose every year. I remember Peyton Manning throwing six touchdowns on them once. I remember Aaron Rodgers lighting them up every like four years. It's never good like now and now Detroit is good.
Speaker 2: They should win. I mean the Bear suck, but they I mean it's a short week, they're hurt, they're kind of banged up on defense. For the line, I don't know. I mean, I think it might be closer than it should be. They should win it.
Speaker 1: It better be because Danny DeVito and Cooper Rush is your is your afternoon game. So whenever you are done with the mediocre Turkey and your uncle and your grandpa are starting to talk about how vote fraud really was as much of a factor this time, then you can turn up and listen to whoever Tom Brady talk about the Giants going for their fourth field goal try of the game. It's just totally not what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Danny DeVito has a quarterbacker in twelve by the second quarter.
Speaker 1: I read that they fired their coach. I don't know if that's not not so that maybe that's is that okay, you you read the rest of the stats. I'm not out of it. Why would you fire your coach when you play in three days? Like, there's no way that's.
Speaker 2: I think it's just there's their way of saying something's wrong. We don't know what it is. We'll try this and by the way, we'll go back to Kansas here. Allen field House Ryan was in attendance for this game. Curious how his experience was. He does claim the renovations are fine but he also was curious how that was worth fifty million dollars. I kind of concur.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so I'm trying. There are some blue check marks that I've said that the head coach in New York kind of gm have been fired. Whatever. If he's not now it will be. As for the allen Field House renovations, they have made the concourses much darker with blue and red paint, and the court itself is so much brighter. It kind of looks like an octagon now. It looks like a WWE fight where they have all these lights on the underside of the scoreboard that light up the court and the rest of the crowd is dark. It's kind of weird. Lots of places to buy food. There are ice cream places.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't I didn't have any food because it was at seven o'clock so we had just eaten dinner or whatnot. And that you get there and they're kind of like a lot of airport concession stands now where there isn't somebody working, Like you just go up water and then you go to the kiosk and type in what you bought. Yeah, so I don't know. I'm surprised that however much theft you see, what, however much theft that they lose, it must be less than paying people to run those stalls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, kidding, I don't understand how that works. I did that the air in Albuquerque about a month ago, and I felt I felt sketchy, like I made it so obvious that I was putting my item under the scanner, Like I'm basically waving at people like, hey, I'm paying for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and you don't get disapproving looks for no, I'm not taking the three dollars bag of Mike and Dikes or box of mic and Dikes or whatever. Uh yeah, like they were okay, I it's it's it's it's more of an event than it used to be. You know. It used to just feel like a big gym, and I think a lot of people liked that. Uh it felt like a big high school gym. Now there's not a lot of crowd noise. It's just more like pumped in techno music to boost the numbers. And I don't want to say back in my day it was better, but they're definitely trying to make it appealing to the recruits, to the younger folk. Uh, and it's the end result. I think. Also, the TVs in the corner are utterly worthless. I don't understand those.
Speaker 2: I don't get that either.
Speaker 1: There's not a single seat in that place where the ideal hitch point to check the score or stats is to look at one of those instead of the center court scoreboard, like everybody's cranking their neck sideways to see the same information that's there. I think they did it so they can just have two screens to advertise on the whole game.
Speaker 2: You're probably right with that. I mean, I've sat basically in the rafters at Allen Field House, and even then I thought it was fine. I never had an issue looking seen action on the corner, but too looking at the stats. I mean, it's that is a crazy waste of money. I don't know why they did that.
Speaker 1: The new video board and center court's good. And the other thing is they you can definitely tell they took out a lot of seats, like those corners have really been filled in, some for giant TVs and some they increased handicap accessibility areas. They added a lot of media seats in the in the southwest corner that it just looked like bleachers up there with places to put their computers. You can tell they took a lot of seats out of there. Didn't notice a big difference in the noise. But you know, if I was one of the people that lost my season ticket, I would have been very angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine that. And I also think it's top I mean, they had they had a hard task of maintaining, you know, the prestige of Allenfield House, trying to make it new and shiny. But I also think they could have used some of that money maybe for the football team that is five and six also the best five and six football team in history.
Speaker 1: Yes, that so the KA football team. All they do they keep beating Uh, they keep beating great teams after squandering so many early season chances. And you know how this ends, right, you know what happened losing Taylor for sure. Yes, there has to be a letdown at some point.
Speaker 2: I hope there will be a rare Devin Neil fumble in the fourth cow and they will be lose by one point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you. I hope it doesn't happen. Because they're now so close you can taste it, but at the same time they have. It's definitely one of the biggest, probably the biggest what if seasons in Kansas history. Hopefully the basketball team will not be like that. Kansas fifty five percent from the floor, seventy six percent on twos, and twenty four percent on threes. Hell of a range there. They made sixty three percent of their free throws plus six on the glass and only turned it over ten times, so five. Yeah, you're still kind of waiting for that big dominant performance. Haven't seen it yet. Great up against Duke. No, but like if they beat Duke by a couple of points, they'll have three really good quality try the numbers wins and not a lot of dominant showings yet.
Speaker 2: Correct. Big shout out to Palm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ken Pom has Duke as like a four point favorite in this game against Kansas.
Speaker 2: That's not that crazy in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Actually, I look forward to you throwing a ton of money on the Kansas money.
Speaker 2: I probably yeah, yeah, probably, yeah, you know me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's well, we'll see how that works. But big game coming up. Now, let's talk about some other games, big twelve games, and uh, well, there's no l in big twelve cam, but there may as well be, because there's tons and tons of.
Speaker 2: L's that were If you spell it out with work.
Speaker 1: It's true. That is true. Big twe l l l l l VE, I think is how this week went correct.
Speaker 2: Yes, One Big twelve team took their first loss of the season this week. Saint Joseph's beat Texas Tech by a single point, seventy eight to seventy seven in the Legends Classic.
Speaker 1: I think that was a tournament that Kansas was supposed to play Virginia in a couple of years ago, but it got canceled due to COVID. The cod right. Yes, COVID did a lot of bad things, but it also did one good thing, and that was making sure that we didn't have to watch Tony Bennett play Kansas. Four Big twelve teams took their second loss this week. I think it's five. Now, Actually I need to go check on what happened with k State, but I think it's five. Florida I think they did lose. Oh my god, they were losing late, so we'll get to them. Florida, Atlantic and Nevada both took down Oklahoma State and the Shriners Children's Charleston's Classic, which is a real thing.
Speaker 2: Is that a celebrity tournament?
Speaker 1: It feels like it would be more interesting than whatever the hell Oklahoma State ve Nevada for fifth place was. The Cowboys got fifth in this event after losing twice. UCF also lost twice, falling to Wisconsin and then in three overtimes the LSU to get third. And another celebrity golf tournament, the Greenbrier Top Event. Yeah, this shed's light on an important question. Does anybody on Earth care about UCF basketball?
Speaker 2: The short answer is no. But the real answer is all ten thousand people that stormed the court last year when they beat Kansas did care for that one evening, right?
Speaker 1: That is true? It was their first see in the history of sports goodness?
Speaker 2: Was that a terrible game? I was in the podcast then. I wish I was on the podcast then, because you would have had an hour of me screaming into the mic about how terrible that team was.
Speaker 1: Didn't they lead that game by like seventeen or something like that and wind up losing? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm also pretty confident that I lost a good amount of money on that game because they kept, like the money line kept getting closer and closer to plus and I eventually just launched on Kansas like plus one oh five and they lost.
Speaker 1: And that is the correct call. That was the right call. Most of the time they win those games. So if you do it twenty times, you're gonna win like thirteen or fourteen of them.
Speaker 2: And you see, like, honestly, no one has cared about UCF since they've had who's the guy that was like ten feet tall Taco Fall? Taco Fall Fall, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's you see if no one has really cared about since Taco Fall almost beat Duke in the twenty was it twenty twenty nineteen NCAA tournament. I think you know.
Speaker 1: Who ultimately beat Duke in that tournament, don't you, Sir.
Speaker 2: Ah woof another participation trophy for tom Izzo's team making the final four and then not winning in title.
Speaker 1: Fun fact, that was Tomzo's only lifetime win against against either Roy Williams.
Speaker 2: Or Mike Krzyzewski, which is so crazy.
Speaker 1: That's he's one and twenty two and that was the Kansas in that UCF game. By the way, they were thirteen and one and they led UCF by sixteen in the first half. Thirteen and one and up by sixteen and they wound up. Let me see, their final record was twenty three and eleven, so they were and they were ten and ten the rest of the way after that game.
Speaker 2: That was that a game where do you remember like on the show? Was that a game where you guys were like, yeah, I mean it was. It was kind of a fluky loss. Everything will be fine.
Speaker 1: And then that show still out there. I know what probably happened. Is Landon probably realized oh this sucks, and Nick realized, oh this sucks, and I held the right fine. It was like, hey, you know what, there's a weird one every year. They're gonna kick the hell out of West Virginia next week and then we'll feel a lot better.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that game was so much better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did not after they did that.
Speaker 2: So I almost pulled after that game and want to drive through a Costco.
Speaker 1: Cam. He sends us a weekly Bob Huggins or Jim Beaheim text in the group chat, and it always makes me laugh just because those things happened, and poor those.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Grandma got run over by a reindeer slash Jim Beaheim, Oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, I'm not following that one.
Speaker 2: Up you go. Also also losing for the second time was number seventeen Arizona Caleb Bluff Sucks, who lost to number twelve Duke on their home floor after only scoring fifty five points. In a tribute to Bill Self's elite eight losses, Number thirteen Baylor got blown up by number eleven Tennessee and the fighting Rick Barnes, the greatest regular season coach of all time, minus four other coaches. In the Bahamas, the Bears were down forty to fourteen. They needed lots of garbage time just to get the final score to seventy seven to sixty two. In three weeks, they've already taken two bowout losses. Are you concerned? I am.
Speaker 1: Not A lot of people are, and I think they're gonna pay for it in the rankings. But Baylor has scheduled as tough as anybody. They've already played like four ranked teams. I think Tennessee, Saint John's, Arkansas and Gonzaga. Yeah, they've already played four really good teams. Scott Drew has gone from one of the most laughable schedulers to one of the toughest. They might be scheduling too tough at this point, and for being honest, they have a young team, their best pieces of freshmen. They have a veteran point guard. They brought the They brought Jeremy roach Over from Duke. He will write that ship. I still think they're the second best team in the Big twelve. They're thin, but they have a lot of talent. It will eventually get going. But yeah, definitely not super comforting if you're a believer. And then to see them take just get railed twice in the first in the first month of the season. Then there's Kansas State, who has had just a terrible few weeks. They lost at home to LSU as a double digit favorite when the Coleman Hawkins thing happened. Then they then they decided, oh, we're gonna make it all better. We play Mississippi Valley State, who is, according to Ken Palm, the worst team in D one by a lot.
Speaker 2: Great Twitter account, by the way.
Speaker 1: Great Twitter account. This team law by what seventy to Missouri? I think it was seventy to Missouri. Kansas State led him by two at halftime, they mound up winning by eighteen. Then they beat George Washington who is a president not a college in the Paradise Jam before losing sixty seven sixty five to Liberty in the championship game of that tournament. So Kansas State is four and two. I think their roster is pretty good, but they have a lot of misfits. I think Jerome I think that's their problem. I think Jerome Tang is a good coach, but he's got his work cutout for him. These are a bunch of guys that just kind of look like they're not too interested in being a cohesive unit.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I feel like Jerome Tang is this team is a victim of the nil era when it doesn't pan out, when a roster looks really good on paper and then just doesn't gel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Doug McDaniel is very good. We obviously know that Coleman Hawkins is gonna get there. We think David and Guison is a good player. This team has some pieces, and they have a really favorable schedule coming up. Here's Kansas State schedule until Big Twelve play Longwood, Arkansas Pine Bluff and the annual Big Twelve Invitational that they play. The Challenge Game is at Saint John's they're an underdog there Drake at Wichita State, they're favored in four of those five games. Then they start Big Twelve play and there's a lot of very quality opponents. I still think their home court advantage is going to lead to some home upsets, but I don't feel great about picking them to finish fit in the Big Twelve at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I think that might be one of our worst takes. Actually, we'll see what happens. Jerome Tang has shown tendency to get them going throughout the course of the year, but I don't know. Like Coleman Hawkins just isn't very good at this point, like a price tag.
Speaker 1: No, they gave him two million dollars and he's averaging eight and seven. And he had that whole weird thing with LSU where he stormed at the guy like just not what you're looking for from a senior leader.
Speaker 2: I saw I saw someone tweet on I can't remember who said it, but it was a one of those funny like Kansas Burner accounts, and they're like, nobody wants to talk about the fact that kJ Adams and Colemanhawkins are the same player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a little bit they're difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's kind of right in a way that I think Coleman Hawkins has them by like five inches at the height.
Speaker 1: But overall their liabilities are prominent, and whenever you ask to lead a team, you see what's up. Five Big twelve teams remain undefeated. We've already lost eleven of them through the first three weeks of the year. That is Kansas and Iowa State, who are both top five teams, Cincinnati, who's a top twenty team, and then out of nowhere because they haven't played anybody, Colorado and BYU. You know, every time that BYU goes for an extended under start a season, things always go really great.
Speaker 2: And any sport right asks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are now quickly on the tailspin. Kansas is crushing Big twelve playoff dreams one week at a time.
Speaker 2: Best thing they can do other games.
Speaker 1: Well, one team that is doing all the dream crushing themselves is a guy that you're absolutely positively betting on to go deep in this year's tournament.
Speaker 2: Shaka Smart, whose hair miraculously regrew. Shout out to Bosley Number fifteen Marquette racket up quality wins as they take down Number six per Due at home, seventy six to fifty eight behind a triple double, seventeen points, thirteen rebounds, and tennis sists from Cam Jones. Great name. Are we believing in them a little bit? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Until March?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. They're they're talented, really good team. But yeah, Shaka Spart's gonna shaka what they always do.
Speaker 1: They lose to a team that's a lot worse on the seed line than they are.
Speaker 2: Happened except for that one time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh boy, speaking of damnit.
Speaker 2: Damn da da. I cried after that game, I actually cried. Yeah. I think I was in like seventh grade, and my dad and I ever were like, this is awesome. You know, Kansas cakewalk to the final four. The remaining teams weren't that good, and we watched the game and then I got tons of text for They're like Shaka smart, Shaka flocka flame. Everyone was texting me, and I was like, I'm just gonna go crawling a hole.
Speaker 1: So Kansas and VCU was my sixteenth birthday, March twenty seven, twenty eleven. Oh yeah, and that game was our spring rec League team's first game, and it was at the same time, and I think that that Kansas game started like one to twenty and our rec league games started at two. So I'm walking in the gym after listening to a couple of minutes, just tipped off and Marcus Morris scored the first six points of the game, and Kansas is up six to nothing, and I'm like, Oh, this is gonna be.
Speaker 2: They're just gonna kill Big Dog.
Speaker 1: Oh great, We're going to the final four after last year's disappointment to get in there. We play our rec league game and I come out and I get one look at my phone at halftime in the rec League game and VCU was up thirty seven to seventeen with five minutes left in the first half.
Speaker 2: Was that this game? I can't I didn't remember. It was that bad.
Speaker 1: It was just a fire bombing. And then Kansas got it within two with thirteen minutes left, and everybody thought they were gonna end up winning the game, and they did not. Instead they got Oh man, that's the worst loss of the celf Era. Absolutely, that's the worst loss, considering the stakes, the opponent and all of that. And yes, then they would have gotten to play eight seed Butler and three seed Yukon. They would have been favored by eight points in both games. They would have won a Natty.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, so much trauma.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Duke here. Number twelve Blue Devils. They handled Arizona and won sixty nine to fifty five. Cooper Flag dominated with twenty four points. The Wildcats are now just two and two. They've been outplayed by the only two quality teams they've played. And then there's Caleb Love, who was three for thirteen in this game and two for thirteen against Wisconsin. Just a horrendous start for him. He's under ten points a game through the first five games of his All America season. I think he's flat out back. I don't even think he's playing bad. I just don't think he's an efficient and efficient player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one's for all the longtime it TP listeners. He sucks, he sucks, He sucks, he sucks.
Speaker 1: Do I have that one you have somewhere?
Speaker 2: Do I have it?
Speaker 1: I have to though, not that I don't know. But you're very very good though, for remembering that one.
Speaker 2: It's funny what I can remember and can't remember. If you asked me something that's really important to my life and career. I won't be able to tell you on the spot, but I can remember it TP drops.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's that accounts for something, or at least it will when we hit it big and you get paid a lot of money for this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, AD Companies contact us.
Speaker 1: Duke is the best team talent wise in college basketball. I'm convinced that doesn't mean it's all gonna gel. They have a lot of mouths defeat on that team. They're not super deep and so if you know, you take an injury or two, and who knows, and then there's the whole coach thing. John Shire did a good job in this game. I thought that he did a very good job with his set. It's late. They were always one step ahead of an Arizona team that just may be outmatched at this point. But yeah, it's gonna be very interesting because Bill self on the sideline with a top five, top one team is going to be a little bit bigger beast. We'll see how they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Number eight Alabama bounce back by hanging one hundred on number twenty five Illinois and a thirteen point home win. Former Jayhawk who never actually played for the Jayhawks, LeBaron fillin Ye had sixteen points in nine assists. He has been one of the Crimson tides best players thus far. Big fan of Nate Oates up here in Michigan.
Speaker 1: I want to say that that's a big loss for Kansas, but they have enough guards and I don't know at this point how long le Baron Fallon's gonna be at Alabama.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean the roster construction for Kansas minus him is still really really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they'll be just fine. But it is cool to see him succeed. Number eleven Tennessee won the Bahamas Championship by blowing out Virginia Yay and number thirteen Baylor and can executive days. The Bears also beat number twenty two Saint John's on a crew Man in a totally, absolutely wild ninety nine to ninety eight double overtime win. Brilliant basketball games. Thank you, Scott J.
Speaker 2: Did you hold on? Did you see that? I think it was Zoobie edge Off miss the free throw? Yes, yes, oh man.
Speaker 1: Zoobie tribute to Bill. It was an old friend, Zubie, who was actually playing pretty well. Thus far this year, He's averaging eleven and six for a ranked Saint John's team. Uh but yeah, that was not his finest moment and uh well it cost this team in a big way. The game that was two overtimes, fifty minutes, thirty four fouls. The refs did a good job there. That is half of the number of sixty seven fouls that were called in that Wisconsin Arizona game last week. And no, Cam, I don't think I can say that, but I really would like to. Sister Sheen is not watching well in that case. The real takeaway is that Virginia lost twice and they got last in the Bahamas where they belong. Cam wants me to say something very not nice.
Speaker 2: So it rhymes with luck and it's.
Speaker 1: About what I think of Virginia. Uh so I'll just say this instead of Bill picture Bill is Virginia. Bill sucks hate Virginia.
Speaker 2: Replace s with a different letter.
Speaker 1: Right. Oh hey, there you go that that Virginia.
Speaker 2: Screw them hard. Yeah. Uh. The brasketball, The brasketball turned some heads by going into Omaha, not a great place, been there, upsetting number four, seeing Creighton handling them throughout and ultimately winning seventy four to sixty three. Ryan Kalchbrenner and another edition of how is he still in college? Was held to just four points as the Huskers for seventeen turnovers and controlled throughout despite being outscored by twenty four points on threes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Creighton lost Stephen Ashworth to a really nasty looking leg injury. He's gonna be out a while he was there. I believe average sixteen points a game, second to only Calburnner in points. So their outlook just went down a lot. I think Kansas losing. I don't know. I sixteen points a game, guy, and I don't have to I should have to make analogies for that. That's a lot of points they, I would think now are really looking uphill. They played Kansas in Omaha in a couple of weeks, and I don't think they're gonna win that game. Now, tell me about Omaha. I went there over the summer. We took a little trip, Yeah, to the Omaha Council Bluffs area. Absolutely a lot of casinos there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. A lot of casinos. No, it's not not what I was there for. My grandparents actually lived in Council Bluffs throughout my childhood, so I spent a lot of time there in summers. Went to Omaha. We went to the famous Omaha Zoo, which has a big dome. Yep, big zoo. Big dome has desert area. Desert Yeah, yeah, super cool. I actually got into the penguin exhibit. That was kind of weird. I don't remember how I pulled that one off, but I did go in the penguinings of it and saw them up close, saw some prairie dogs in the in the big globe thing, and other than that, I'd not not a lot going on in Omaha. Some crime, I assume lots of crime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have a really good frozen yogurt place that my wife wanted to stop at, but I didn't want to park the car anywhere.
Speaker 2: I understand that.
Speaker 1: First said crime reason, So I just kind of drove around while she waited in line and had the doors locked.
Speaker 2: But you know, I think it's hilariously real, Like I'm not comfortable parking here, but I'm let my wife just go stand in a crime infested area.
Speaker 1: Sure, just as long as you're inside the peach wave or whatever.
Speaker 2: It was completely fine.
Speaker 1: They have the College World series there, that's that's right. They still happened there. Yeah, it's it's kind of a landmark. It's what those people live for because they obviously don't have.
Speaker 2: A And that's actually right next to the zoo, I believe it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all in the same area. And yeah, the Iowa casinos sucked. We lost money there. Now, really, did you allegedly lose on your weekly sell bats?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna get one of those one day, and you guys will be the first to hear about it.
Speaker 1: Hey, whenever that happens, I can't wait for it. Ranked teams to lose since the last time we did a podcast. Number six Perdues the only top ten team here. They lost to Marquette.
Speaker 2: Bigley, Number thirteen, Baylor to Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Number fourteen Creighton lost Stephen Ashworth and the game to Nebrasketball.
Speaker 2: Number seventeen Caleb Love shot himself in the foot and his team losing to Duke.
Speaker 1: You can do that one. Number twenty two Saint John's took two l's, one for each two in their ranking. They lost to Baylor and then they lost to Georgia not the Carson beck A basketball version.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Number twenty four Rutgers, which we are unsure of how they were in the top twenty five lost Kennesaw State.
Speaker 1: Especially with a loss like that, and number twenty five Illinois lost to Alabama. Still a pretty good squad. They just got Crimson tided last weekend pick them. Speaking of speaking of losing, oh no, oh no, Landon's might be grass at this point. He's already starting to fall behind, and now his next week's worth of picks are all heavy favorites because he's scared to fall further behind.
Speaker 2: He's got a one way ticket to Chicago.
Speaker 1: That's and probably the reason you say one way is because he's not coming out of that one.
Speaker 2: Because you guys will never know about the Pickham loss bet this year, but.
Speaker 1: No, we do, but you will know whenever the Pickham loss causes a loss, and it's a two person show permanently after that.
Speaker 2: Yep, that is how she goes, all right?
Speaker 1: Ask RCB should be short today, much like my patients for Kansas's pay for much like my patients for kJ Adams being in the starting lineup. Only six questions. So, Cam, I'm going to ask you another question about Thanksgiving? So what do you typically do on Thanksgiving? This year you said you're gonna be scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this year is weird. So I'm actually moving to the Chicago area this week. I'm leaving on Wednesday, so Thanksgiving Day, I'm driving back to Michigan, kind of the southern portion of Michigan. I'm going to my girlfriend's Thanksgiving, and I think all we're gonna do is we're gonna have a bunch of food. We're gonna watch the Lions play. Typically what I would do though, if it weren't this year, I'd spend it with my family in mid Michigan. We would have a big turkey dinner, we would watch the Lions. And honestly, I think Ryan, you were kind of right. Thanksgiving is boring. I get bored, Like it's it's one of those holidays. You know how many people go and take walks on Thanksgiving, Like you have to be so bored to go take a walk.
Speaker 1: Yes, I completely agree it is. And this year it's supposed to be a lot colder down here and be cold here. It's cold there, so it's not great.
Speaker 2: No what do you do?
Speaker 1: But so we go over to my to my grandparents' house, and that group has gotten smaller over the years. As you had some We've had a lot of politically charged family disagreements thanks to I don't know the last four years. I mean, there's only a lot that's happened there. So our group has gotten smaller, and it's just the people that well, it's the people who didn't let the others political opinions change their stand.
Speaker 2: That is crazy, by the way, we haven't had that. But I will say the things you should if anyone wants my advice, and you don't want my life advice, but I'll give you some things you should avoid in Thanksgiving number one politics, number two religion, and then number three. kJ Adams role in the starting line up at.
Speaker 1: Kansas sounds like something that John Rothstein would tweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we sleep in May.
Speaker 1: There you go, and Landon will sleep permanently after losing that pick them bet just way.
Speaker 2: Yes, he'll be buried in the South sud Chicago. I feel like.
Speaker 1: That eventually we're gonna have to say what it is, what the bet is.
Speaker 2: It will have to like gingerly walk around the bed, but.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it'll have to. Just just know that you really don't want to come in last this year and pick them folks, and Landon's normally very good at that. The only thing that Landon is better at than finishing last, than is not winning. Pick him because he does both of them a lot. Yeah, Thanksgiving not really that entertaining. We'll go to a relative's house. My wife is also a nurse at a bedside nurse, so she has to work a lot of holidays, doesn't this year, So gonna try to make this year. Yeah, I'm gonna try to make this year hashtag the best Holidays ever? Before you know, while you have that off, I guess, I don't know. Watch Normally people spend the day after Thanksgiving putting up their Christmas decorations. But that's not a problem. That's the day a thing you've been on this house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, your advent season starts in actually right around the time that Lent begins, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And why not? Why not, especially in a year where there has been a lot of head scratching conversations and political, politically charged rifts that have happened, why not put up the Christmas tree. It'll make the it'll make the background noise from your relatives shouting at each other. The terriffs are gonna raise prices. No, it can't be worse. In the last four years Okay, I'm just gonna put up my Christmas tree and put in air pods and hope that nothing nothing else goes wrong.
Speaker 2: Yep. And that's when I walked to the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 1: YEP, with center blocked on your ankles. Ask rock Chalk blog at show, and really most of these questions are about football, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: At the Real Wheel too, just sends their schedule with lots of l's and then three w's here recently and asks simply, what changed here? Do you think a lot changed with Kansas football?
Speaker 2: I actually that's a really good question. I don't think a lot changed. It's kind of an interesting thing to think about, right, because Jalen Daniels didn't play last year except for what the first couple of games, so he was rusty. Right, you have a new offensive coordinator coming in. I don't want to say that much changed. I almost want to lean into they became comfortable playing with each other and with kind of the new system, and also just getting used to having a new OC. I'm not sure. I kind of think that's more of what it was.
Speaker 1: What do you think I don't think that they're doing a whole lot different at all. The games are close in the fourth quarter, and they've won three after losing five of six. Regression regression to the mean was kind of always gonna happen. I thought that it was gonna happen sooner than it did. But like, are you definitively saying like the offense is a freight train right now? And they still do weird stuff with play calling, like they get the ball of the three yard line by running it, then they just stop running it. But no, I think that overall, I think Kansas is an eight win, nine win team that's gonna finish with five or six because they were on the wrong end of several fifty to fifty breaks.
Speaker 2: Completely agree some of that.
Speaker 1: Some of that's coaching right, they could have done things better, but also football happened in some ways, and it's disappointing because a year that this is a team that's never been good, but they've also been unlucky and if they could ever use some positive fortune, it was this year and it just didn't happen.
Speaker 2: I agree. I also think this the next yeah cue the music, next weekend's game is so important for the program, even though they would be going six and six. That would be three straight Bowl games, which I believe has never happened before. So buckle in, folks, it's time to believe.
Speaker 1: What could go wrong Absolutely nothing when you put your faith in lance lightpel and yeah there. Yeah, speaking of Grimes at Ryman underscore justin. Was Jeff Grimes really calling the plays in the fourth quarter versus Colorado? I know he was calling him the first couple drives when they get it to the three yard line and then start freaking corner routes.
Speaker 2: Those Actually me with my Xbox controller calling in a wildcat play passes, reverse pass on Xbox.
Speaker 1: As Devin Neil is just averaging seven yards of carry and you're like, well, we didn't give it to him here. Also, it's hard to uh, it's hard to come up with a guy who has been more influential and important to the program all the years as Devin Neil.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just love to see him get to go out with a with a Bowl game and their one went away from getting to do it.
Speaker 2: Hope they win. Don't let me down. They probably will.
Speaker 1: Have they ever won in that new stadium down there, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I'm actually not sure on that one.
Speaker 1: That stadium is like a dozen years old, and I can't remember. They usually just get clobbered down there.
Speaker 2: I'm so rattled. This is so random. I'm drinking coconut water right now, and I've looked at the ingredients list, and on the ingredients list it says organic coconut meat. What does that even meet? Wow?
Speaker 1: The meat like the husk of the meat of the I don't know, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: That just rattled meat.
Speaker 1: The last time that camp so one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, lucky thirteen wins in a row for Baylor over Kansas in the series. The last time that Kansas beat the Bears was in two thousand and seven. The last time Kansas has won in Waco. They've never won in Waco lifetime. They are ten against the Bears. Yeah, so this will be this will be a big challenge. Yeah, they they they really look they're they're the better team. But they're not in a great good But they're not in a great situation here because they have seen energy wise, Yes, they have brought the energy and gotten up for three straight great teams. Here's the letdown spot. His story history says, it's not a team that's as good. They don't have a number in front of their name, and you just can't keep getting up for all these opponents. Eventually you're gonna fall flat. Maybe they can wait one more week, though, because it'd be this is the most important game that a lot of these seniors have played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, completely, three straight bowl games for this program would be huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be enormous. It'd be and Lance light Bold completing that turnaround three straight bowl games at Kansas. Imagine that ever thinking that was gonna happen more Kansas football questions, that showed me Hawk says, pick KU's football wins in twenty twenty five. I mean they play a bunch of teams that they didn't play this year. They play at they do, play at Missouri, at Arizona, at Iowa State, and they get Utah, Oklahoma State, k State, and Cincinnati and West Virginia are the home games, UCF and Texas Tech.
Speaker 2: On the road.
Speaker 1: It's it's not a super daunting schedule, but there's so much unknown with the roster makeup, They're gonna lose so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a tough call. There is a possibility that Jalen Daniels comes back. I mean he has a ul ability, so I mean win.
Speaker 1: I think he's not.
Speaker 2: He's not going to the NFL.
Speaker 1: Okay Landon was convinced he didn't have a year of eligibiity.
Speaker 2: No, he has. He can come back.
Speaker 1: He can come back like with an nil bag. Why not?
Speaker 2: I think I actually think he might. Let's say hypothetically he comes back. Obviously, I think they win against Fresilo State, they win against Wagner. At Missouri. I'm gonna say they lose at Arizona, win at Iowa State loss, U saw win, Oklahoma State win. They're gonna win against Kansas State at some point. Not Cincinnati will probably win West Virginia at home. We'll say win at Texas Tech loss at UCF loss. So what is that seven.
Speaker 1: Seve seven and five. Yeah, and that's undefeated on the home schedule and one in five on the road. Right, Yeah, No, you gave him a loss. Did you give him a home loss?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gave him you said, uh so that would be eight and four. You gave him eight wins there.
Speaker 2: Eight and four sounds right, but that'd be really good. I don't know, it's probably gonna be closer to like seven and five or six and six.
Speaker 1: If they get to boil eligibility next year, I'll be stoked, stoked and with the animals, that should be the expectation. Yeah, I agree at Mayo Zeke Berner, we obviously have the top seven figured out. How would you rank the trio of Shackmore David Koit I refuse to call him Diggy after Yeah, after hearing Brian Hainey say it and Racki's Passmore. Those three guys, who would you give the most minutes? Two of the three?
Speaker 2: Zach Clemens.
Speaker 1: Oh, of course. The Caucasian persuasion, Yes, you go ahead, it's it's gotta be quite. Quite does the most things here, I don't think. I think Shaquis or Shakys shack Moore and ro Key's pass More. They're kind of similar players, but shaq is just a more polished version of that. At this point. Uh so, I I'm probably rolling with uh Diggy quoit. There you go, Brian Haney, followed by shack Moore and then Rakeys pass More.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna name my firstborn child Shakise or whatever. He just said, yeah, keys, Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna agree, give it, give me diggy diggy quite minutes.
Speaker 1: And don't give Brian Haney the microphone. Look, here's all I'll say about Brian Haney. All right, there has to be somebody better.
Speaker 2: I saw a tweet that said that, and then I was going to at you in that, but you already made it to the mentions.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, yes, I said that. I want to stab myself through the ear drums with an ice pick every time I hear it's a better year. That's what the idiot said after they won a national championships.
Speaker 2: So funny.
Speaker 1: Seriously, it's just just awful. Oh, absolutely awful. At Ol heart Casey, if you could only eat one fast, it's so easy for the rest of your life. Is it McDonald's.
Speaker 2: No, it's Chipotlet. I don't eat so I haven't had fried food in forever. So I like Chipotle because it's relatively healthy. It has different meat, you can mix it up. You can have tacos, brita bowl, courrito, you can make a salad if you're into that type of thing. Nah, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: I think it's McDonald's McDonald's the best man. I could eat McDonald's every day for the rest of my life. I really could, and I weigh one hundred and eighteen pounds.
Speaker 2: You should eat McDonald's for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't work that way. I wish it did, and it just would probably cause the cholesterol to shoot like a rocket. Not necessarily the number on the scale. No, I could eat McDonald's all the time. They are number one in all the categories. I wish they'd stop raising their freaking prices. But big, big McDonald's guy here at show me. Okay, here's a question. What is your least favorite fast food restaurant?
Speaker 2: Mine? Oh man, Oh, it's a hard question. I would say probably Burger King.
Speaker 1: Burger King hasn't Like there's a Burger King by my house and I drive by it every day and I never see any customers there.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they stay open.
Speaker 1: It's like that SpongeBob episode where they go thirty eight days in the Krusty Krab with that customer that's that Burger King, Like who's keeping them up?
Speaker 2: They have like senior citizens that go there every single day. That's there's like a shell gas station in my town, and if you go in there at any time, there's like five dudes that are on oxygen tanks. They're eating a whopper.
Speaker 1: And they're all done with their lunch before eleven AM. So in very sad, sad news, my wife loves Golden Corral, a very sad, sad loss. She likes to eat at Golden Corral like she actually does. And I understand that you may be thinking I'm either married to somebody who's eighty or weighs eight hundred pounds. Neither of those things are true, but she likes Golden Corral.
Speaker 2: A week ago, Ryan, if you go to any Golden Coral in the United States of America at any have an hour, you were going to find somebody that can put up Wilt Chamberlain numbers and try try gliss rides with their blood work.
Speaker 1: And odds are their pants will be pulled down too far and you'll get a nice shot of a big Harry butt crack.
Speaker 2: Ats just like Bob Huggins get an injected. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they all look like Bob Huggins. And Golden Corral really isn't that bad. We go because we're on the night shift schedule, so our dinner or our lunchtime is about three o'clock when all the seniors are riding up for their dinner time, and I'm just thinking, what are what are we doing with our lives? We're eating?
Speaker 2: Right, it will good, They are good.
Speaker 1: The honey butter kind of stuff spread that you find it is. It doesn't necessarily mean that it makes up for the fact that all the gross people that walk out of that bathroom without washing their hands. And also if you think I'm gonna ruin this for for anybody who goes to Golden Corral, when you stop and think about how many different mouths that you bring that you're using really has been in and what some of those mouths looked like. Well, there's a reason that we literally bring our own silver work.
Speaker 2: That's actually a good idea. I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: Yes, we bring the little plastic utensils like we got, We got all that. It's could be worse. Yeah, just think, just think about your You're putting a lot of trust in the Golden Corral diswasher. That's all I'll say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think the average Golden Corral customer kind of looks like a cross between Bob Huggins and that guide the Fridge that played for the Bears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's and they can they can put up Will numbers, as.
Speaker 2: You said, we've Will Chamberlain plate numbers.
Speaker 1: If it was the Olympics, we'd find people that could do it. And speaking of the Olympics, our last question is about that at show me, Hawk says, if Olympic soccer games for a Dallas summer Olympics bit are outsourced to David Booth Memorial Stadium and or the new Chief Stadium, would you go watch any of the Olympics soccer games. I land and probably love soccer. I did. I can't watch any soccer boy that.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big soccer guy either. It's hard for me to watch. I can barely watch if Ryan will hay this. I can't really watch baseball must I'm there in person TV Baseball for.
Speaker 1: Me and watch baseball either. Like I can watch baseball, but it's gotta be it's a background thing. I can sit on my couch and watch a game in April, like it's it's a good thing when you got some housework. Yeah, exactly. And and the average game just really doesn't matter until you get a deeper end of the year. Uh so, yeah, I'm with you. I can't. I can't watch soccer. I try every World Cup, Men's and women's. I try every Olympics. I can't do it. It's background TV.
Speaker 2: I'm in the same boat. Not my thing.
Speaker 1: Landon will kill both of us. But I think that's the right take. Yeah, well he's having scarcbs. He's not here for at least one more preview and now we preview a big boy game. All right, So the rankings are gonna shift, but for now it is number one Kansas versus number twelve Duke. They'll probably climb into the top ten. On Tuesday, November twenty six, at eight o'clock PM in Las Vegas, in lieu of a Feast week tournament, Kansas will just draw. The one game against the Blue Devils in Las Vegas. Should be a blast.
Speaker 2: Of a game, yeah, John Shire's Duke. Blue Devils are four and one on the year, with a lost Kentucky being their only loss. Their favorite, perk hen Pom, and have a seventy percent chance of winning this game according to ESPN, and a.
Speaker 1: Big part of why their favorite is All Universe freshman Cooper Flag, who leads the team in every category. Remember that game Andrew Wiggins dropped forty one on West forgot I do? And they show the stats where he led them in rebounds and points and it's just his picture five times. Yep, that is Duke's uh season leaders in everything with Cooper Flagg. You see his face a lot on their website because he leads them in points with eighteen, rebounds, with nine assists, with four steals, with two blocks with two all of which are first on the Blue Devils. He is a six ' nine two oh five small forward that plays more of the four and excels at just about everything this sport has to offer. He hasn't been a terrific three point volume shitter yet twenty six percent through his first five games, but he's been unstoppable driving to the basket. He can score from everywhere on the floor. He is a guy who wants the ball in his hands laid. He is clutch. He is a brilliant basketball player, and I'm glad that Kansas is playing him before. Yeah, he gets too much better because he's he's just accumulating knowledge Transformer style by.
Speaker 2: The game, No kidding. Also, I really really hope that Detroit Right drafts him in the NBA draft. Next to Flag in the front court is seven foot two Sudanese center Kaman Maluak, who is very raw. I probably butchered his name, but who's very raw. He has a huge athletic upside and averages nine to six and nineteen minutes. Fouling has been his biggest weakness thus far. They also bring in the six foot nine Milik Brown to play in the front court for their other rebounder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Duke backcourt has a little bit more familiarity with the names their point guards Junior and Tyrese Proctor twelve points. He's been a very good forty five percent three point shooter so far this year. But the shooter to watch is white Guy of the Game candidate who he looks like it the unibomber himself, con Nippel, who averages, lives in a shed and does nothing but make threes against the j Birds forty five while shooting forty from three. He is their best shooter and his six seven size makes him very difficult to guard. This feels like the spot where kJ Adams gets in some trouble and for being real slashing wing Caleb Foster and senior guard Pion James round out a rotation that is not super deep, but they have talent everywhere in every way. Yeah, correct, Zion James not related to Lebron James, but you know, give or take. Yeah, Duke has been one of college basketball's best three point shooting teams this year, averaging twelve makes and thirty one attempts per game. They've been terrific of both passing and protecting the ball, and their pace has been higher than it normally is. They haven't committed many fouls, and they've posted elite rebounding numbers. Their biggest weakness thus far is how they've only gotten to the free throw line sixteen times per game, likely due to a lot of perimeter shooting. Yep, yep. Bill Shelf is four and two against the Blue Devils and his time at Kansas, which has brought KU back to six and eight in the all time series, getting closer to five hundred.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: They've won four of last five, with three Champions Classic wins and a twenty eighteen Elite eight victory that technically didn't happen according to the NCAA Record Books. Good time for you to say your key phrase allegedly correct. Yep, all right, let's predict this game. Landon gonna start with Landon he thinks Kansas takes a loss here. He thinks Cooper flag scores thirty and Duke wins a shootout eighty two to seventy nine.
Speaker 2: What say you, yeah, I get where he's coming from there. I'm actually gonna take Kansas wins eighty five to seventy one. I think the experience of Kansas overtakes Duke. I also think Bill self is worth a couple of points by himself over John Shire.
Speaker 1: Interesting see, I think Duke wins as well. I think that the Devils win this game because I think they match up really poorly with Kansas. From a Kansas perspective. Duke has size and athleticism. They have Kansas beat in both of those categories. I think Hunter Dickinson do just fine, but I'm terrified trying to picture what they're gonna do with kJ Adams and I think that Duke. I think that they have the athletes to slow Kansas down in transition. The faster this game is played, the better for Kansas. Will it ultimately lead to a win? I think it's close. I'll say Duke eighty Kansas seventy six, but I hope I'm wrong because Duke is my least favorite team in the sport, and I would love to be incorrect. Other games, We're gonna pick twelve other games and all you can eat night here on the Inside the Paint Podcast, starting with the first four games in Maui, Wi chickoff at one thirty our time tomorrow today. Whenever you're listening to this, Memphis against the number two Yukon. I assume we all want the Huskies. Yep, Colorado versus Cam's favorite Michigan State Spartans team. I'll go with Michigan State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me tom Izzo.
Speaker 1: Great game here. These rankings will shift, but these teams will both be ranked as high as they are. Number four Auburn versus number five Iowa State in the first round of the Maui Invitational, I will go with Auburn.
Speaker 2: I also will go with Auburn.
Speaker 1: I think they're better by a lot at this point in the year. And Dayton versus number ten North Carolina, I think we're all going chock here.
Speaker 2: We'll go with you and see yup. Give me North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Now there's four games in the Players Era Tournament, which is for nil money. The winning team gets a million dollars of nil to use between their players. That's This tournament kicks off on Tuesday. San Diego State versus Number fourteen Crayton. I will go with the Aztecs. I think that Creighton's really wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna differ here. I'm gonna say Creighton bounce is back. However, it wouldn't shock me if San Diego State wins.
Speaker 1: Oregon versus number twenty three Texas A and M feels like that the Ducks always are more of a late arriving team. So I will go with the Aggies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me Texas A and M.
Speaker 1: Number seven Houston versus number eight Alabama. Really nice matchup here, ESPN says Cougars. I say, Crimson Tide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me, give me the fighting names.
Speaker 1: And number twenty four. I'll forget that they ain't gonna be ranked anymore. Rutgers versus Notre Dame and a game that actually will happen. I can't people will watch it, yep. I will go with Rutgers.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, give me the fighting Greg Ciano's.
Speaker 1: Rutgers, Louisville, and now we go on to the last four games we're picking here. This is the first round of Wednesday's battle for Atlantis. We'll be doing a show Wednesday night where we should have recaps to most of these games. Louisville versus Number sixteen Indiana. I think that Mike Woodson's team is really good this year until he eventually sets them back, which will happen. I will ride with him that happens. Give me the.
Speaker 2: Hoosiggers, give mess mister potato ahead. Give me the Hoosiers.
Speaker 1: West Virginia versus Number three Gonzaga. I think we all want the Bulldogs big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zaga. Buy as many points as you can buy on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma versus Providence. I there are no Big twelve team. I was gonna, Oh yeah, I guess West Rgiana counts.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Not banking on the Sooners though. Give me the Friars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I give me the Friars as well.
Speaker 1: And Davidson versus Number seventeen Arizona. The Wildcats haven't proven that they can beat anybody with a pulse this year. Does that change? No?
Speaker 2: Give me Arizona, Okay.
Speaker 1: I will, I will agree, I guess, I guess I reluctantly agree. So we will be back on Wednesday night, Cam. That's moving day for you. Are you taking absence? Are you gonna run?
Speaker 2: I'm going to pull a Tiger Woods in the two thousand and eight US Open on one leg and attempt to do the show with terrible internet that I'll be setting up on my on my own in my own apartment. So if you guys hear about a forest fire started in Mount Prospect, Illinois, that was my doing.
Speaker 1: But I will try to be too many things. All right, Hey, look at that dedication you could teach let's go. No, I'm kidding land and Landon has been as dedicated as anybody on this show, and he will be back. So we'll be back to a three person show for the biggest recap of the season thus far. And then I mean, well, it's gonna be very short lived because then they play Furman Cam.
Speaker 2: What is the Paladin mascot?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: You knew it that one, Okay, So the only reason that I knew that is that I knew the assistant golf coach at Furnman for a while. Wow, That's the only reason I knew.
Speaker 1: That I'm assuming Kansas and Furman I've never played, because I think we would know that if we did.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a first round matchup in the NCAA tournament, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Think they have it does and that game will not be as good as the Duke one. But that is Kansas's final draw of November. So back on Wednesday night. Show will drop Thursday morning for you all to listen to as you're driving to your in laws house on Thanksgiving. Surely it'll get you a nice break. Yeah, exactly. Should should help hearing us talk about why they couldn't they try to stop Cooper flag with kJ Adams and we just push the whole time. It's gonna be even better than your relative's house. Happy Thanksgiving. This is inside the paint on Rock Chuck Flog.
Speaker 2: I'm Ryan Lander and I'm Cam Lippolt.
Speaker 1: All right, well you want to say something to land In.
Speaker 2: Yeah, land and welcome back from your ten day suspension from the NBA G League. We hope to have you back on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Land In, your suspension is so good. But you know we're not going to suspend reffs and we're not going to suspend kickers, the two stupid groups that deserve it more.
Speaker 2: John Higgins should be sent to Siberia.
Speaker 1: So should the freaking commander's kicker for that atrocity. Today, so bad,