Speaker 1: Like I said, I was out here, I was pretty depressed. You know, my dad, we got the same name, you know, everything, we got the same birthday, everything, And I just lost him a year ago. We fished every lake and tournament in this state, you know. And I was just looking at the river, thinking about how many times that me and him had fish down there, and and and then then I hearing this great, big roar. But it wasn't a long one. It was a quick one. It's like five seconds. But it started out sounding like a like a big bull, and into the roar and then it just quit. And like I say, and it felt like it was five ten minutes. Then south of us, about a mile, you could hear the four knocks. It's kind of weird, you know, to me, you know, all the crap that I've been going through, and I was at a spot where, you know, I just didn't really care, you know, if I took another step or not, and and and and it really put a spark back in me. I would have never guessed in a million years that something like that would have been here. Yeah, you know, and that is not really scaring me. I think it put us. I think it put a spark in to learn more.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of this stuff was kind of hindsight for you guys, if you can go through the timeline, you know, how did this all start? When did you first start noticing things? What you noticed and all that.
Speaker 1: I mean, the first thing I really noticed was in November, the last day at deer season, and we were listening for the last rifle shots of the night, and uh, and I'm just standing up at the house and way down in the canyon I heard one scream and it was started off. My first thought was a really big man, and then it went intoto, this just Jurassic sound, just a big, hard roar, like like he was so mad. But and he was facing south, I could tell, and as at and I'm straight west of him, and he did that whole roar until he went past me, a little ways across me, and I could feel it in my chest my stomach and my head and and and I and I figured he had to be at least s three quarters of a mile away, and I could not believe I could feel all that. And I'm like, you know, I've seen bigfoot shows and stuff on just regular TV and didn't really think nothing about it, and I was getting ready go on Dillis and so I kind of put that in the back of my head. And that happened in two thousand, remember, yeah, twenty sixteen, and right in that area that November.
Speaker 2: Any idea how long and duration the roar was? Like, how many seconds?
Speaker 1: It was forever? It felt like twenty seconds. Wow. My validation for this was two weeks later. I'm taking my granddaughter into town for softball and then when I'm coming home, I'm turning in on our road and in a Bigfoot research vehicle was coming out of our road. You know, there's there's another guy that owns land just passed us. And I'm assuming him or somebody else heard it, you know, and called it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was.
Speaker 1: A small white car. It had to be putting stickers all over it, and and I was like, wow, you know, I couldn't believe it. That's weird. Yeah, I thought, that's pretty weird. Then then everything goes on. I was sick for quite a while there, four or five years. I didn't get out. And then when I finally started getting back out, we had went down to the river to see if any sand baths were moving, and it was of the Edens and me and my grandson, which was eight years old, and my and my son and we had about fifty seventy five feet behind us a wood knock, and I mean it was I'm saying it was at least that close. It could have been further away, but man, it sounded like it was right on top of us. You know when it when it happened down there in that canyon.
Speaker 2: Hop pretty loud.
Speaker 1: Oh it was. Yeah, it was pretty loud. And my son looked at me and I was looking up at him. He said, big foot. I said, chaund like it. He said, well, I think we'd better go, And so we packed up and came back up to the house. Then later, you know, we still didn't know what quite was going on out here because it was getting busy and the guy hops for getting crazy. I was out chainsaw on and I had noo of them come up behind me and uh, and we're growling at me while I was running the chainsaw, and I couldn't hear them, And when I killed that chainsaw, I could hear them. Well, then here comes my dogs jumping on him and running them off. Well, I thought, I told Karen. I said, well, we need to get it in for red camera, and so she agreed, and uh so we got one and we strick got it for the coyotes. And I'm using it and I'm looking and about the only time we've ever seen anything with it during bad weather, and we see a few things. We see some orbs and stuff like that with it, and we thought, man, now it's killer. That was awesome. And so it was Christmas night. I had the whole family out here. We had seven grandkids out here, both of my kids and their spouses, and we're all playing with puzzles and doing puzzles. And I had that infrared camera already set up on a tripod on the back porch. It was in sleep mode. All I had to do was hit it and it come on. And so they were doing their thing, and I'm not into puzzles, So when they got settled into the puzzles, I just come on back porch and sit down in a chair in front of it, and then I just turned it on. When I turned it on, I was looking through it and about oh one hundred and thirty yards to the back end of my pasture, right behind my house, there's a tree line there. He was a little further south on the tree line was one eye. Now I thought an owl, you know, had to be an owl. But this storm, this front was coming in. There was like seventy miles an hour wind coming out of the north, and but I skinned past it because I'm looking for kyots on the ground. And when I come back to it, well, there's two. There's two there. And I was like, well, that's crazy. There's two owls in that treeway down there, and there, you know, and they're not moving in this seventy mile an hour wind.
Speaker 2: Still in the same spot.
Speaker 1: Still in the exact same spot. And then it started turning back to its left. And when he was turning left, I watched his left eye just disappear and just to see his right eye, and it still looked bright, shiny. I never looked at it over the infrared camera because that infrared, because I played with it enough. If you look over it, you're not gonna see nothing because it's so bright right in your face. And you know, I mean, you're just blind if you look over it. And so I'm staying on it and I'm trying to look see where Karen is to get her attention and it's going it's going north. Then it steps down about it looked like a foot and back up and I mean, this is just as smooth as silk. It went down and then back up and it got to this big hickory tree at the end there and uh and then that eye just slowly turned away from me and disappeared. And this time, I'm I'm zooming in with this camera. I got it zoomed into ten and I can see his elbows all the way to the top of his head, his shoulders as he turned, and he took maybe one and a half steps, and I mean, and he was down in the canyon after that. And like I said, I mean, it was just smooth as can be. And so and what was crazy? That was Christmas night and I hadn't told my son about this. I didn't tell him, you know, because he wasn't totally you know, on the fence with it, right, And so I didn't tell him. And so the next morning, you know, because they were staying in his hunting cabin just south of us, and they come up here to eat breakfast, and we sat up here and we're drinking coffee and looking at the pond and looking out over the canyon and we're just eating and drinking and I'm looking at him, and he freezes up and he's looking exactly where I seen those eyes the very first time. And he's zoned in and and I'm not saying nothing to him, and I'm just I quit talking and I'm just kind of looking at him. And then he stands up and walks by behind me, and he said something staring at me, and then it went about and he pointed out the exact spot where that hickory tree where it went off and down into the canyon. He said something something to look at me. I could feel it, he said. It's I mean, he was freaking out, and you know, and he was in the military for eight years and he was a combat medic and I mean he's got purple hearts like crazy, and uh, I mean he he honed he honed right in on that. And he's just not scared of anything. You know. Now he's on board because of the footprint, and uh, I mean, and I'm still trying to chill him out because he's not scared of nothing.
Speaker 2: Have you gone to that spot and looked back towards your house from it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, you can see our big screen TV. You, I can watch it from there from where he was first standing. Yeah, from where he was worth standing at one hundred and thirty yards. I can tell you who's on TV and who's not, you know, the actors, And that's exactly where he was. He was watching our party.
Speaker 2: Any idea how tall it was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was like today's Four days later, my wife care She went got a broomstick and take take measure to it. And I set up the exactly where I was, and I knew exactly how tall he was because I mean it was winter time, but some of those smaller black jack trees won't lose all their leaves, and he had walked behind it and I could see his eyes just on the most level with the top of it. And so she went down there and she measured it to the eyes. Was nine foot. Yeah, it was nine foot.
Speaker 3: And that it also explained the step down, because I said, well, there's a boulder and then there's a big gap, and then there's another boulder.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, everything was there for it for him stepping down and back up and dunking under a tree. Maybe you know, there was a whole lot more trees there at one time, or a tornado.
Speaker 2: But now, Karen, what did you think whenever he said he saw a bigfoot.
Speaker 3: At that point, we hadn't conversed a whole lot about all of our individual things that had gone on. But on Christmas Day, I was on the back porch with grandkids and the eight year old grandson was kind of sitting in my lap and we're just watching everybody play and he's kind of chilling with me, and we heard wood knocks on the opposite side of our pond, and I mean, he.
Speaker 1: Looks at me.
Speaker 3: I look at him and he's like, Trama, did you hear that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yep.
Speaker 3: I was like, yep, yep, I did. And he goes, I think that's a bigfoot. And I was like, because he's all into bigfoot, and I was like that. I mean, because you live out in the country, you hear stuff all the time. That's a very distinct somebody took a piece of wood and wopped the tree.
Speaker 1: That's not something.
Speaker 3: Breaking, it's not a rock falling. I mean, it's a very distinct, sharp noise. But like I said, I didn't even tell I didn't.
Speaker 1: Tell my husband.
Speaker 3: It was just between me and the grandson like, yep, yep, I heard that. Boy, yes I did, And then he had his thing that happened that night, and then after everybody.
Speaker 1: Left, he's like, I got to talk to you, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, okay, So that's actually the night I think that we really started opening up about all the individual things that had happened up over probably the last six months prior to this, you know, start kind of in the summer up to Christmas time.
Speaker 1: That's when we started talking, and a whole bunch of stuff happened to her and me different but was exactly the same. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we just kind of became I think we just got more aware of things that were going on around our house that we just kind of were oblivious to before kind of just made an excuse like, oh, it's probably just.
Speaker 1: This or you know, you just but we have been hearing the screams. I mean, we knew deep down it was out here because we've heard lots of screams. We've heard the ohio HOI that big roar. The first time I heard it, we heard it either, and I feel like it was two of them, scream like a woman being murdered and a national joke, but it was and that had to be about three hundred yards away, and we've heard and it was so deep and so long, and it was a scream, and it felt and it felt feminine, you know like that at first one I heard, it was definitely a male. I mean when it started out, it sounded like a guy, humongous guy.
Speaker 3: But this you gave the analogy of you felt like somebody walked along and stubbed their toe and just did an angry scream out.
Speaker 1: Into the world. That's what it sounded like. Yeah. Yeah, And then down down at the other end of the property and you know, we've heard the siren where it started, but it never but then it just shut off abruptly. It got so high and so loud, but it it was sharp, and I mean it resonated through the whole canyon. There's been a couple of nights that we've been out here.
Speaker 3: That it's hoodows, but it's not hoodolves, because they're not very good imitations of That was with.
Speaker 1: The two screams we had over here. Yeah, it screamed real loud, and I went to go find crant Caren and and when I was doing it, it screamed again. I couldn't believe it screamed again, and when when it got done, it sounded like there was fifty hoodos over there who and sounded like monkeys at the same time. And that went on that she heard that, she didn't hear the screams, she heard the aftermath party of it. And and we only think they had killed one of my neighbor's cows over there. But they're so tight lift they wouldn't talk to us. They wouldn't tell us nothing, right, they wouldn't they wouldn't say nothing.
Speaker 2: Do the vocalizations, and everything seemed to be coming from the same general area.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could see on the map how our house is set up, and everything seems west and south, and it all stems along the canyon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a canyon that runs along our lower property line in it is either a river or a creek.
Speaker 1: So they just kind of follow that, and I mean, they they stay on that. And I've only the only time I've heard them on top up here was when they did the two screens, and then when it was and then we had an incident in the front yard with it. But that's also not a couple of two or three times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just seems like when we have family over with kids and they're out here playing a lot of noise, that is almost a guarantee.
Speaker 1: That we're going to have something happen, something happened. If you set out here long enough, you'll hear something happened once with them. Kids have been out playing and screaming and raising heck, especially earlier this summer, after like in August, we were bottom four wheelers and they've been tearing up this back pasture. And I've heard, you know, I heard of quite a few knocks in September, and I heard a roar and three knocks in a row that same night in September of the nineteenth of this just last month.
Speaker 3: And we've had children's voices happened when there's no children here, which is kind of scary, disconcerting. I don't know exactly what herm it is creepy. I don't go looking for I. I rationed it out in my brain and I'm like, there's nobody up here, there are no kids out here playing in the yard. You just need to go inside and not deal with that.
Speaker 1: That's that's when we talked to each other, because she had two experiences like that, and we had I had two and we had one together, and we just couldn't figure it out. I mean, we went and drove to check it out and whatever. I drove to check what I heard out, and there's just nobody there, and I can hear it plain as day, you know. Uh, it sounded like guys working, you know. Yeah. His was more adult voice, and yeah, hers was all kids. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It sounds like people talking to one another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean exactly just right behind my pondam And my ponddam is about thirty foot tall. Yeah, so we can't see anything behind it, so they could be right there, you know, doing it. And that's where it sounded like it's from. I was out here cooking breakfast and and it was just quiet compete until all that, and it almost sounded like laughing and everything. I thought, Man, I wonder what they're doing back there, because we got an old well over there, you know. I thought, well, maybe somebody was working on the well. And I go through the other gate and then the well gate and none of them been opened, and there wasn't nobody in sight, nobody around here anywhere. And then then it happened two days later, I was cooking my lunch out here and I heard it south east of me, in front of the house, around you know, around the corner, back around the house, which was weird. And I thought, man, how am I hearing all this? And so I go get in the truck because there's a well down that way about about a mile and I went drove all the way down to it, and there's when there's just nobody up here. And I told Karen. I said, well, I think I'm going crazy. She said, what is that? And I said, well, man, I'm hearing voices. I mean I'm hearing them everywhere, and I'm driving looking and She's like, oh my god, let me tell you. And then she told me her story, you know, of pulling up here and thinking our grand babies were out here playing. You know, she could hear them playing and then sound like they was going behind the chicken barn and then'd get quiet and then get golaud again and giggling. They were just giggling for her.
Speaker 2: It sounded like little kids giggling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like little kids running around playing tag or something, trying to catch each other.
Speaker 1: And you could tell they was running behind the chicken bar and do, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because it you know, would get loud and soft, you know, when that something would go behind the barn. But I mean I'm looking, I'm looking as far as I can over there, and I never saw anything. But again, once I rationed it out in my brain, like there's nobody up here, I don't need to go look.
Speaker 1: There's just there's no kids here. Right.
Speaker 2: How far is that that location, the old chicken barn location from say the nearest tree line.
Speaker 3: One hundred feet maybe eighty feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was all it was. They had to have been in that tall grass in my in my pasture on it. Then we had a lot more trees in before the tornado and and but it was real, you know, it was chest high yellow grass through there and that I hadn't brush hogged. And she feels like they were in that tall grass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and evergreens, and they you could easily walk away from you and I'd never see you see them because of all the trees that we had at the time.
Speaker 2: It's just really interesting to me because this is at your house and that incident. You know, we talked about it a little bit yesterday on the phone. That was at like around five o'clock in the afternoon, yes, right, and they're comfortable enough that they're coming up on the property in broad daylight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, yeah, and they and they were behind that pond, damn at eight o'clock. And I've been pushed, you know, I've been I come out here every morning and cook you know, my breakfast, and then the second when it was at noon. Right.
Speaker 3: And you know, up until last year, our grandkids, my son, his wife and the grandkids lived on the property. They were in a different house, but they lived on the property. So they're up here making noise all the time, and we just think it was the kids. They don't they didn't let them play outside at their house so much because they're closer to the cliff, to the cliff and all that. But so they did all their playing up here. And then last year, last summer, they bought a house and they're not out on the They come visit all the time, but they don't live on the property.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they were.
Speaker 3: I really think that they were intrigued with the kids because we had a you know, we had a what do you call it a treehouse out here with you know, things they could climb and play on.
Speaker 1: So they were just noisy kids.
Speaker 3: I mean, when you got five kids under eight years old, they're just noisy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so then before the end of the year and it's cold, it's it's almost the first of the year at the tank batteries, which are about I don't know how far you think that is. It's probably four hundred yards, and we could hear beeping, like electronic beep, and I was thinking a couple of different three nights. Yeah, it was three nights in a row. So I go get caring and come listen to this, and it would it would be a beep beep, almost like a backup or a fire or you know, your smoke alarm detector or or something like that.
Speaker 2: Like a real high pitched chirp sound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was a chirp. Was a high pitched chirp. But it's just a tad longer than a chirp.
Speaker 3: Right, And uh so I'm good dealing night birds.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, we're trying to figure out what kind of because what happened was the next night it moved from the tank battery down into our canyon and on on on down and around and we could hear it and we we was preserved that it was a bird right of some kind. I don't know. It's the first time we ever heard it. But then on New Year's night, we had a party here and with all my kids and everything, and well they had they left that night anyway, real late, and we're in the front yard, tell them goodnight, down them good night, and we're on a ridge. If you go fifty yards one way, you're heading downhill. If you go fifty yards the other way, you're heading downhill. And by the driveway it drops off pretty good right there. Well, we hear that same beep while we're telling our kids goodbye, and we're looking at each other and like trying to get them, get them out of here. Okay, love you guys, get out go, you know. And the dog I got a pair in thees Lab mix and she's one hundred and thirty pounds and she's bad, just bone and she stayed right with us. It was beeping right across the driveway. And if if I had to say, I would say it wasn't more than thirty feet away from us. It was just in the tree line. It was just in the tree line. And men, it took off running down hill at about a thirty degree grade is down to where my brother is. And uh, and you could hear every bipedal step in that in the in the leafs, you know. But he wasn't wrecking the trees or nothing. It was. He was just we can hear his steps. And he's when he kept beeping all the way down there.
Speaker 2: Now, how many dogs do you guys got?
Speaker 1: We got, well, right now, we got four, four but two were old. Two were old. They're just porch potatoes.
Speaker 2: And uh, me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we got she We got a young one, a male massive and uh he's part Anatolian shepherd and we raised him in the house and he's sharp as attack and he's smart, and we got him for first alert in the house. And I was sitting on the couch in there one night and he come in there and he's barking through the wall toward the front door. I mean mean, he's mad and I and I couldn't figure it out. I never heard nothing. And then and it took him a while to calm down, and I was telling Caring about it. I said, that's crazy. I said, he was looking. I got a bash on the wall there and all that on that front wall, and it's like he was looking straight at it. Well, what two nights later, we were sitting in there, and when she was in there, he started barking out our window where the air conditioner is, you know, just like that, I mean, just going crazy. And uh and and you know, right in that area is where Karen had her incident with it. Right, and then after the first of the year, after after that happened, after the first of the year.
Speaker 3: You're talking Christmas of the twenty four Now we're into January of twenty five.
Speaker 1: And then uh, we just we're going to take a trip and we're going to Minnesota, the guys, all the guys, and and we had had a tornado that tore our barn, our chicken barn out. Well that very night, you know, it snowing, had snow out. And that very night I had four of my grandkids, those three of them, three I had the old or three uh, helping me carry these chickens from one barn to the next, which is about one hundred yards. And we're going in the front of the house, in the front of the house for a couple of trips. They're going to carry one at a time, and uh, we decided to go around the back. And we was going around my back and the eight year old said, hey, Grandpa, look it's there's a big foot track. And I was like, well, cut up and get that chicken. Come on, you know, I said, there, And then I got to look. You know, he's he was swearing. So I went back started looking. Well, we found three and uh, the the two other ones were partial from about the middle of the foot to the hill. And and and I think that's because they it didn't show in the snow because it's so rocky up here, you know, where that rock is close to the surface, the snow melts quick. Yeah, And so I couldn't get a good picture of them because I didn't do it till the next day because Karen wasn't gonna let me go back outside to its light. And so it was about eleven thirty the next day. We were still packing, going on our trip, and I and when my best friend got here, we had tooken the picture, you know, in the snow, the one we sent you, the one we sent you, and Boss dread and leaving and I didn't have no time to go look anywhere, you know, I could tell the direction it was coming from and where it was headed.
Speaker 3: And this was within twenty thirty feet of my bedroom window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the steps were so when and then she don't tell us nothing when we're in Minnesota, and when we got back, then you tell your story. Yeah, so they they leave.
Speaker 3: Everything's fine. First night here, I'm fine. I don't have any anything going on. And the second night there was just something going on outside. Just the dogs were not happy. They were agitated. They were you know, even my old potato ports potato dogs, they're just they're agitated, and they're whining, like what in the world is going on? And then something smacked the house. And I know what a house shifting sounds like and feels like.
Speaker 1: This was not that.
Speaker 3: This was something that smacked it and made the walls, you know, reverberate or whatever words you want to use. So that happened like the second night, and I'm just.
Speaker 1: Do what I thought you said in the morning too.
Speaker 3: Now, in the mornings, when I would go out from my front door to the car, just something didn't feel right. You just kind of had that inkling that something's looking at.
Speaker 2: You or or you know, I don't know, it's still dark out. I would imagine a lot of mornings.
Speaker 3: When you're leaving every morning. It doesn't matter what time of year I leave, It's dark when I leave. So then the second morning that I headed out the door, so they'd been gone a day, I had already got gone to work one day. The second morning that I go to work, I'm going out the front door and it's dead quiet outside. We have, you know, crickets, everything's going on up here. So I mean, it's just very eerily quiet. And I'm like, okay, I just need to get from this ten feet from my front door to the car. It'll be fine. And across the driveway, something starts shaking this big evergreen tree. No noise is just the evergreen tree is shaking and scared to be jeeps out of me. But I'm like, whatever, I'm going to work. I don't have time for this. I jump in the car and I leave. And then I get home that night, more wall slaps have happened, and I'm sitting in my chair, and I mean, I've got I'm antsy, i am on edge. I'm like, I got to have my wits about me. I'm gonna be paying attention. I turned the TV off, I said, I'm just gonna sit here and read a book. I got to be able to hear what's going on when these dogs lose their mind. Well, then I hear my outside dogs and mind you, my porch potatoes.
Speaker 1: They are cowards. But the other dog she is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've seen her fight two and three coyotes at a time. She is aggressive if she's not scared of anything. And I hear her whining on my front porch, and then I hear her breaking through the skirting underneath my house to get underneath the house. And she's like crying, getting away from something. And you know, we're in a modular home, so we sit about three or four feet off the ground. And I'm sitting in my refiner, so of course my floor is three to four feet.
Speaker 1: Off the ground. I don't know how tall.
Speaker 3: And something starts growling at my porch, and I can tell from where it's growling that it is seven eight feet tall at least wherever the mouth is of this thing. It's not down low where my dogs are.
Speaker 1: It's high.
Speaker 3: And the only I have listened to every growl that you can think of that's possible out there, and it's somewhere conglomerated between a crocodile growl and a gorilla growl kind of merged together. That's the best I can come up with.
Speaker 2: And loud enough that you can hear it inside the.
Speaker 3: House, loud enough that I can hear it inside the house.
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 3: And I've tried to explain that it's a grown like. I don't think the mouth was open. I feel like it was growling through teeth, you know. Not a not a roar, not nothing like that, just a growl. And I'm flipping every light that I have on outside at this point, and I never saw anything, because I'm sure I made lots of noise trying to get to all the doors to turn all the outside likes on. I'm sure I was not quiet, and it was scary and it had to be something that scared my dogs, Yeah, because then I had to go outside the next day after it got daylight to go fix the skirty But it was just something every single night while they were gone. It was scared me enough that I went and bought my own shotgun wow, and had it here at.
Speaker 1: The house by the time they got back. Yeah, she went and bought her an ar style of shotgun. Had two five round clips with double hot and and I'm I'm.
Speaker 3: Just things don't normally bother me. I was pretty terrified for a few days, but I didn't tell them anything because I didn't want to mess up their trip.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I figured, worst case scenario, I'll just pack up and go stay at my daughter's house or something if it got too bad. But that the growl was the worst night. And like I said, I turned every light that we had on outside and it. The only thing that happened after that was like wall slaps and stuff. I do have a window air conditioning unit in my bedroom and something hit it one night. And then I heard and I want to say talking, but it was nothing that I understood. I told my husband, I said, I feel like it was an accident. I feel like they ran into it with their head or hit their shoulder and they were grumbling because it hurt. And then another voice was maybe making fun of it or grumbling with it or something.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't. I can't explain what I heard.
Speaker 3: It was just two, for sure, it was two, and it was it was chattering.
Speaker 2: Talking how high up is the air conditioner?
Speaker 3: If I was standing outside and I'm five foot four, and if I was standing outside, the top of it would be taller than me. Yeah, and the bottom of it maybe about chin.
Speaker 1: High to me. Maybe it's not a big unit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a big unit. It's a small unit outside.
Speaker 1: And then it come around in the front of the house one night, slapped the house where her head where she sleeps, yep, right where her head is. And then she's telling me about all this. And then I'm standing in the window in the kitchen, which is about the middle of the house, and she's taking a shower, and it's it's it's dark thirty, you know, it just got dark, and and I'm there and messing around and sink and and the whole house shook, and I mean it felt like, you know, ups back then, he never he'd never experienced the house slaps. Now, I haven't heard none of them. And and then at that time she was it slapped at her when she was in the shower, she was taking a shower, and she come running out there and slapping the shower wall with me in it, you know, and a bunch more ash, you know.
Speaker 3: And that's when he finally said, that's what that's that's what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yes, it makes the whole house.
Speaker 4: It did.
Speaker 1: It felt like, you know, like a one time truck backed into it.
Speaker 2: Do you ever hear anything messing with like the doorknobs or anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, no, never have no.
Speaker 3: So to backtrack a little bit, we have chickens and this.
Speaker 1: Is before the tornado.
Speaker 3: So all the chickens were in the original chicken barn, and it's it was a free range. They had the ability to go in and out anytime they wanted to.
Speaker 1: Is a big door. You know, a horse could have walked in there.
Speaker 3: And we were getting easily a dozen eggs a day, sometimes almost two dozen a day.
Speaker 1: And we went how many months, probably four or five four.
Speaker 3: Months maybe not getting a single egg, one none.
Speaker 2: Just getting cleaned out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I knew it was going in barn because I had these tubs that i'd pour my scratch grain feed in, and you know those two pound scoops that you get, you know to throw out horse feed, Well, i'd give I'd give them things a two you know, a two pound scoop, you know, every morning, while I reached in there to grab that thing, and I always just stick it back down in it, and it was laying on top of the grain. And when I picked it up, it was like all the way around the rim of it, on top and bottom had grass green stuck to it like it used it as a spoon. Uh yep, and was eating with that that, you know, that shovel like a spoon, because it had to have got that whole edge is wet. And when it put it back down in there, it all stepped to it.
Speaker 2: Do you leave dog food and stuff out outside?
Speaker 1: The dog food we have We got a an automatic feeder and it and it's inside my shop and and I've not had any problem with it in there. And then when we moved the chickens to the new barn, we quit getting eggs for quite a while. Then we started putting baby powder on the door knobs and it quit. And fake eggs and fake eggs. I put a fake egg in there and it disappeared.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you know one of them ceramic ones. Yeah, you can buy a dozen of them. That keeps them. Chickens will peck on it and it hurts their heads so they won't peck their own eggs. And I put big red eggs on them, you know, So don't bring them back in the house. But they looked just like a regular egg disappeared, and I said, I'm gonna put that fake egg in there and see what happened, and it was gone.
Speaker 2: But I mean, anything that would normally take a chicken egg would not take one of those.
Speaker 1: No, No, they don't even no, I.
Speaker 2: Mean you know, like you know, just think like possums, raccoons or whatever. They're going to recognize the smells different and they're not even going to mess with it.
Speaker 1: So they well they usually my been my experienced possums and all of them, they will make the mess right there, you know. Yeah, there are cells everywhere, and there'll be this, and there's no shells nowhere, and that egg was nowhere to be found. Huh. But they've never they've never killed any of our chickens now. And I'm surprised because after that tornado, you know, that built that barn was leaning like the Tirapieza, and yeah, it looked like he was about to come down, but never lost the scene.
Speaker 2: Did you guys notice any changes in the stuff that was happening after the tornado?
Speaker 1: It increased, Yeah, it increased. My best friend he helped us during the tornado or right after it. And but a day after it, he went turkey hunting and he followed the edge of the tornado down all the way down. It was like, you know, he went at four o'clock in the morning, and you normally hunt that area. He knows it good. But he got down in there and he got turned around because there was so much tornado damage. So he thought, well, he'd just picked a spot and sit down, and so he did. And he said, about not even thirty minutes, forty five minutes, there was a big wood knot behind him, you know, way west of him, and uh, he said, it felt like a three quarters a mile or so. And he said, in about an hour an hour and a half later, he said, wasn't it wasn't getting daylight and he was and he just started getting nervous and getting scared and just didn't feel right. And then he can here's something breathing in all that tornado damage behind him, and uh, and so he's he shines his light back there and he's looking and he don't see nothing. And he said it sounds like a you know, two thousand pounds brahma bulls with asthma and I used to have a about twenty bucking bull down here all the time, so we knew what that sounded like. And uh, he's listening and listening, and he says, the next thing, I know, he said. He said he could feel it breathe. He said he could feel it sniffing for it. He could hear it sniffing for him, and then he could feel it sniffing on him. He said he could fill it sniffing on the back of his neck. He said he didn't. He said he was so scared. He didn't turn around. He didn't do nothing. And he said, but and he said that was it. He never heard it leave and never did anything else. I mean, he said it had to have left, you know. And when when it was daylight he got up, he said, I didn't even look around, he said, and I seen him coming out of the woods because we were all out here cutting trees off my fence from the tornadoes. And he just got in his truck and left, you know. And I didn't talk to him for two weeks, and then he said, hey, I got to talk to you, and and well, and then he started telling me other stories because he's the only one that turkey hunts out here. I don't go turkey hunting. And he said he's been paralleled out of there, you know, two or three times, you know, and he never said nothing to me about it until this incident. But he was white as a ghost, wasn't it when he came out of there and it you know, and he just left it. Didn't say a word, he just left.
Speaker 2: Do you guys got a lot of hunters that go in and out of the property.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Now I can go a whole I've went a whole gun season and not heard a shot from you know, maybe I hear a shot that sounds like they're about five six, seven miles away, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're real particular. It's mainly just family, but not very many.
Speaker 1: But you know, and there was a when we when we first moved out here, there's a group of guys that used to hunt out here, and there was probably thirty of them and they'd come up and kick seven boats. This is the late nineties, and they come up and they did that for years all up till to almost right about the time I heard that first screen six in twenty six team and uh and nice guys. I talked to them because we used to have people, you know, camp on us and letter and all that. And these guys are great guys, and they did it every year. I never bothered them, never talked to them, nless. They was just happened to be broken by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had to come up the river to get on the public land, and the only way to get there.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting out here one night and uh, all hell breaks loose, and this is like one o'clock in the morning, and I know exactly where they're camping. I can see them. I've seen their like every night during their season. Down there there they're fire and their lanterns, and I could hear them talking and laughing. And uh, but about one o'clock, all hell broke loose and every it sounded like every one of them was shooting down there. It sounded like nine millimeters rifles. It sounded like everything. Like I said, it sounded like a war. And uh, and my son had just gotten out the military, and uh, he had took the game ranger down there, and he said that them guys left in a hurry. They left a bunch of stuff behind and left clothes lines up in the you know, in the trees, there was a hog leg hanging in you know, one and and and and I mean, I'm just guessing that they had shot hogs earlier that day and I had hung them all up, and them and them things came in there to get them hogs or whatever and and scared them guys. And they've never been back. They've never been back since. And they were this is thirty guys that were religious about this. I mean for two weeks.
Speaker 3: They would stay out there in these big army huge, big army tents with stoves.
Speaker 1: And fireplace everything in them. And ever since we lived here, you know, for thirty years. And then all of a sudden boom, they after that night, they we hadn't seen them since. And and when we thought what was weird, we got another neighbor east of us. Well, he calls me in the middle of the night and uh, he's a cowboy, got you know, he's got a big ranch and he runs a lot of cattle and uh, and he calls me in the middle of the night. He said, he said, there is army guys going past and through my pasture, hiding behind my barn, working their way through my property. And he said, they're all in black offs uniforms with nothing on them, heading you know, and he's a couple of miles away, and he said, and they're heading your way. We're like what And I was like what. Yeah. We was both like what in the hell was going on here? But well, I mean I didn't stand out there and watch for him now, but we never heard or seen anything which was which was pretty weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, other incidents that we've had beyond the that late night call off, we've seen government vehicles out here after weird things have happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, several times. I mean we've seen a cow that got ripped on its haunches. I mean so deep it looked like shark gis moving, you know. And they had game Wards. They had everybody out here. Uh, there was all kinds of cars and trucks out here, and but they wouldn't say nothing. And then my neighbor same thing, the same exact cars, the same exact government car and game Ward and trucks and these were black trucks were over in his pasture, and I went and asked the owners about it. You know, a couple of weeks later, they drove off of me and they wouldn't even talk to me, and you know, and these people were elderly that were chatty. Kathy's up until that point, Yeah, talked to us all the time. And they haven't talked to us since.
Speaker 2: You know, if livestock gets attacked by, say, you know, a mountain lion or cougar or whatever, sometimes it gets reported, you know, to let the local officials know, you know, hey there's a predator in the area or whatever. But you don't get response like that.
Speaker 1: No, No, Well, Karen had killed a mountain lion one one year in a deep snow getting onto the high was getting onto the highway. It was a deep snow. She had a little small Suzuki fool drive car and she had ran over it. And so she called me and I went down there. It was two messed up, you know, to get the hide off of or do anything with. So I had turned it in. So they're everywhere out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just really weird that you'd have that sort of government response to a cow injury.
Speaker 1: Right right right to a single cow injury. Yeah, and that was yeah, yeah, and that was on a big ranch and uh and and Karen and I both you witnessed that. And then it wasn't even a week a week later when it happened across from us. The owns the land right across from us, and uh, he don't live there. He lives about a mile from there, and it's just his property. And uh, it happened there. And then it happened at the entrance to where you come into our turn off the main gravel, I should say, because it's another mile and a half down in here to us. And uh, but there's two donkeys out there and it and that that biggest one got his half as butt toore off, you know, in the same time period.
Speaker 2: So something was going through the area attacking livestock.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And I just you can't convince me that a mountain lion attacks two donkeys our mules.
Speaker 1: I just don't see it. We had donkeys when I had all these bulls and I was having these calves out here, and we had a couple of donkeys, and I mean they fought with my dogs. They would catch they would, you know, because people have wild dogs out here too, kyot and kyots. But I washed that donkey catch a wild dog and let my dogs tear it up. Yeah, you know, they work together and they're just mean as ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to mess with no donkey.
Speaker 1: No, I don't see nothing jumping in there with the two donkeys, you know, because they're gonna fight and bite and they're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: And then again talking about our great Pyrenees dog that's not afraid of anything. Again, you know, she's out here. She's a working dog. She sleeps most of the day and she works all night keeping everything away from the house. But it was getting dark and we had the door open, and we hear her barking, which is not unusual. She barks at everything. And then we hear her screaming for her life, for her life, and we can hear her running back up to the house. And she gets up here, and I mean, she's screaming, and she spins around and she starts barking back.
Speaker 1: At the trees and she's stumping her front feet at the trees. Yeah. And I got the spotlight and I'm shining at the trees, and I can hear a few steps just in the edge of the tree line, and that wasn't more than fifty yards from the back of our porch. And I'm shining every I can see nothing chasing her, and usually if it's a coyo, they will chase her all the way to the porch and they'll fight right here right almost every time. But whatever it was, it stopped in the woods and I'm shining a light and I never heard it leave. And then she's barking and I'm not noticing her. When she comes back around, I could see her head bleeding well, and she's snow white. And so I made her come up on the porch and she's got a two inch long gash on right dead center in the middle of her head, and you know about it look like a blade whips, you know, a good the hunting knife blades, and that all of the meat and the hair was punched down into the womb like she had been hitting with a rock. Huh. And and it was wasn't five minutes. She had a nod on her head that was better than a peach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she had a she was a knothead for a while.
Speaker 1: That was not a claw mark. It was definitely an impact. Yeah, you could tell it was an impact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, claws will tear it outward. Yeah, definitely sounds like sometime hit it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, you know, And then and and it's just been crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whenever you think they're around to the dogs act aggressive towards them normally. I know you said that one time it got underneath the house or whatever.
Speaker 1: Every time I've been in the area where them dogs, and when I think something's going on, they eater ran off or I can't see them. Yeah. Like, I was brush hogging after the tornado, this back pasture and and I had my I had my back to the canyon and I'm about halfway up the pasture and I get hit in the back. Well, I think that brush hog hit a rock, you know, and got me in the back. And I come all the way up to the top and I was getting ready to turn around. I skidded back. I kept sitting on it, and I pulled it out from under me, and it was a it was a hickory nut, old, big, old greenhickory nut. And it's not a mark on it. So you know, it didn't come out from underneath that brush hog. But even if it did, the way these newer A tractors are made, you can't get hit by your brush hog anymore. You know, there's so much between you and it, you know, shielding your legs and uh, and they said in the middle. It just hit me right in the middle of back, and it left a pretty good mark, didn't it care? I mean it it was isn't no love? Tap by no means Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you about that actually, because you hear stories of screams and roars and you know, rock throwing or whatever whenever people are using brush hogs or lawnmowers or chainsaws and that, right, that kind of goes right along lines with that same stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It seems like something about the loud machinery like that they don't.
Speaker 1: Like, right, And that's the first and only time I've been hit, and you know, when I had to slow down out here doing stuff and cutting tornado damage down and cutting firewood, and you know, but you can definitely feel it in there, can't you tear? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You can tell on the nights that it's different out here.
Speaker 1: And the nights that it's just a normal night. Yeah, easily.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're in that area you're around or is it seasonal?
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, we'll go we'll go to us three months and not hear or nothing. You know, But like I was telling you, I talked to Brian Terroll and uh, he had run across a a game ranger and and they said, oh yeah, this time of the year, he said, they're usually on this side the highway, not on the you know, and then in the summer they go south of the highway.
Speaker 2: We're not going to give away any details about your location or anything, but I mean, you guys are off in there.
Speaker 1: You're yeah, we're a way and.
Speaker 2: It's it's remote and rough country there. There's no chance that you know, people are coming in, you know, unexpectedly. Nobody's trespassing out there or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Now, my dogs would have them if they were, trust you know, if they were doing stuff like that, and there's it's.
Speaker 3: Remote enough out here, and we're we know our neighbors or our neighbors know us, and you kind of just know everybody's vehicles, so you would know if it was a strange vehicle out here or something like that. Yeah, I mean, somebody be called, you know, we think somebody went down your road or something, you know, on those.
Speaker 1: Lines, right, But I haven't asked none of the neighbors about any of it. Because we had a mountain lion out here and it went between my son's hunting cabin and my brother's house right there in the middle of the day, come up the cliff and walked through the yard, and uh, I was and then that that's when that donkey up there got his butt tore on. And I wasn't going to say nothing about it being a big food or anything. I just told them that I just went to these houses and like I said, these houses about a mile apart, and I nobody believed me. And I told him, you know, there's a predator in the area. And I said, I didn't tell him Bigfoot. I said, it's a mountain lion. I'm pretty sure. Well, they didn't believe in it, the mountain lion, the mountain lion. So I wasn't going to say nothing about Bigfoot, you know. I mean, the guy, he's lived just neighbor. You got to drive for him to get to us, and he's been here for fifty sixty years. And then when I told him about the mountain lion, you know, he practically called me a liar, And so I wasn't I wasn't going to say nothing about Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: There's no way people have lived out there that long and not noticed stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how. And this guy's a coon hunter and everything.
Speaker 3: We do have one neighbor that has talked to us about it.
Speaker 1: He'd have his own stories, but oh yeah, and he he's the next policeman and uh, he's he's like our next neighbor. And he's about two miles Yeah, and uh got to talk and I told him about all this and him, I mean, he believed me one percent. He had his own experience with about eight or ten other cops down in the Commission Mountains. Oh wow, standing there where it shook a big army kit down on him. And he said that was the thing they used to do every year. All it's all these guys he went to Cleet school with and uh and they made a deal where they was going down there hunting every year. And he said after that, they've never been back. I think the guys that used to hunt down Yeah, he's like the guys that used to hunt down here. But uh, and he's also you know, he was a sheriff. He got called in on a complaint on Highway eleven and uh, when he gets there, he sees his trash can getting knocked plumber cross the road on Highway Eleaven. Well, he comes whipping in there because he knows something's going on, and he whips in there and he said, the damn he said, it looked like the biggest German shepherd he'd ever seen is looking down at him in his police car. Yeah, and he has an SUV not a car. Yeah, and he had an SUV car.
Speaker 2: Have you guys changed your behavior since all this stuff has started happening, You've kind of figured out what's going on? Are you like afraid of it?
Speaker 3: I would say the main thing we've done is we don't let the kids play outside by themselves, but we still let them play outside.
Speaker 1: I don't. I used to, you know, go out here at night and fish the pond or go do that, and you know, fish the creek. And I don't do that by myself. I go do it with my son or you know, stuff like that. But mainly we don't. We don't spend as much time out at night, right because I used to work out in my shop and do all kinds of stuff out here all night, wandering around in the woods. And hell, I tracked my deer at night, you know, And you could make me do that for a million bucks, I think.
Speaker 3: I'm just probably more aware of my surroundings, whereas.
Speaker 1: We're definitely that's it hasn't been off our minds since this has happened. Yeah before, I'd probably.
Speaker 3: Just go be bopping out and didn't think anything about nothing, you know, just shoot out the front door, take my time.
Speaker 1: But now I'm way more aware.
Speaker 3: I flip on lights, I really look around before I go outside.
Speaker 1: I just I can't believe on hindsight how many times I've been, you know, paralleled around here right and then or you know, go hiking off down in the woods to the creek and got paralleled down through there, and but I never thought nothing about it. But nothing ever scared me.
Speaker 3: And I never how many times I heard wood knocks and didn't put to ino together.
Speaker 1: But none of that HAPs they they haven't, I guess they haven't, you know, infrasound us or anything like that, because I haven't. I haven't never had a sick feeling. And and I'm and I'm and we've been close, you know, when they was across the street that that wasn't thirty feet.
Speaker 3: And then the only time I've truly been scared was when they were out of the state, when it was up here. I was up here by myself. That's the only time we've been scared.
Speaker 1: But I haven't had a scary moment.
Speaker 2: Do you guys got bugger lights outside?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, we got spot lights out and gain camera and but it didn't matter. It didn't matter. Yeah, down on down on the creek, there's an area where another creek comes in and on the point of it, there's some big trees. They're about a foot in diameter and they're broken in five different directions. There's five of them in a circle, and this circle is probably ten or twelve foot in the center. And uh. And these trees are broken all the way over, but not laying on the ground. The tops are broken out of them, you know where there's no limbs hidting nowhere. They're just broke over logs pretty much in five different directions. And uh. And there's trees in the middle and all around them, and not one single tree has been touched. But they've all been over in such a way that, I mean, they're all exactly the same. And it looks like you know, a Chinese handcuff when you bend it over and just a fiber of the wood is stretching and sticking, you know, and all in a circle. And I've took in a couple of different people over that way fishing and showed them that. And this one guy, you know, he's an engineer. He's in his agenes, he's looking at it and he gets out and he says, I got nothing. Man, I don't know how this happened, you know. I mean it was so strange. But there's also quite a bit of structure down there there. And then you know when we found stones on top of yellow grass, rocks on top of yellow grass where there should be twelve foot of water, you know, and smashed hogs that looked like they they were so decayed. It looked like it just didn't have no bones in it. And naturally my pyrenees rolled all in it.
Speaker 2: Those tree brakes. Were they pointed in specific directions or anything that you could tell or was it just kind of random?
Speaker 1: Uh? It was almost uh a perfect circle of them, you know, they was pointing north, south, east, and west. And like I said, there was five of them though they formed a circle like they formed a circle with.
Speaker 2: That's so weird. And you told me about the rock thing yesterday as well. How many rocks was it.
Speaker 1: There were there were I went hiking and the rocks, went hiking and there were no rocks. There were no rocks. And the next time I go hiking and she came back. When I came back to there, there was four rocks sitting in a row and there and they're, like I said, normally that creek area was about twelve foot deep, but it had had dried up because we had a you know, pretty drought and uh and uh. I just couldn't figure that out. And that's when my dog come down around the hill and stunk and just covered in just like black blood, you know what I mean, Yeah, black wild blood. And I was like, where in the heck did you get all that at? And so I followed her around up there and and and then found that and I got then I got out of there. But it was that was so old, you know, but the rocks wasn't Now.
Speaker 3: The rocks weren't there when that they were there when he came out.
Speaker 2: Did you get the feeling that the rocks were put there for you to see?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so it was why in plain, wide open, you know, it was pretty much the bottom of the creek, so there wasn't nothing in any direction. There wasn't no other rocks in that creek anywhere or on the bank. There was no rocks nowhere but those four in an exact line.
Speaker 3: And the grass was frosted over, and that was still frosted over under the rocks.
Speaker 1: It was still frozen under the rocks. It was after that ice storm we had, I think in the end up twenty four that in January of twenty four, I think that's when it was. But we had an ice storm on that Sunday night and I went that Monday, and walking down in through there, it looked all it was pretty odd to do that because it looked like an ice castle down in there. Yeah, you know, with everything frozen.
Speaker 2: And with everything that you guys are talking about going on and everything, like you said, you hadn't been hit with any infrasound or anything like that. You did have the incident with the dog. But they're not taking the chickens. I mean, I just think they're trying to be as neighborly as they can.
Speaker 1: That's what my son is saying. That's what because you know, he's a big time believer now, because I mean he's print the footprint, done it for him, and he's heard knocks and some weird stuff too, but it was a footprint that done it. And you know, he grew up out here and he's hunted and every bit of all this and been all over this place. And he so he's not scared, he said, if it's been out here that long, he said, it didn't bother me. He said, I ain't worried about it. Yeah. And man, my daughter feels the same way. You know, She's like, it didn't bother her either. They go out and do whatever they want out here. Still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, earlier you mentioned the orbs, So you guys have had some things happen that aren't bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Stuff, right, And the crazy part is we've never seen anything until all this big foot stuff that I'm not saying and I'm not trying to put two and two together with that. You know, it's just weird. Yeah. And I really didn't start watching for stuff like that until that came out, what that July twenty thirteen, and that when they come out with the government thing, and I started sitting down here looking for them, and then when we got that, and I never seen anything with my naked eye until I got the infrared and then we and we've had we had two or three incidents with it, and then I started seeing them with my naked eye and then but the first ones we've seen were about the size of a softball and uh, and they looked like they had static electricity in it inside the ball. And there were what, Karen, literally hundreds of them our whole It's like they came out of our woods on the on the north side and went into our pasture and kind of moved to our house and went into the woods on our on the south of us. But it was it was a ten minute deal. I mean, it was foreverwhere and they come all the way up to the house, but they never came any further than that, and they backed up and went away. And we weren't very tech savvy on this infrared thing.
Speaker 3: And I looking at it one day, I think I was trying to charge it or something, and I was like, well, what is this hole here? And I figured out that it took a like a card so you could take pictures. So then I actually went and read the directions and we could video with it. And I was like, Okay, I'm going to go get a card and we'll try to take pictures with this thing, and we're seeing the orbs out here. One night he calls me out here and I'm like, hey, remember you can press that button and we can record. In a nanosecond after I said that, they left.
Speaker 1: It shot out. It was on the one that was on my screen. It was about where that hickory tree was, where I told you that he went down and he stopped and turned and went down. It was. It was right there, and it shot from the left of my screen bottom left to the top right of my screen, and it left a trail, a trail on my camera that stayed on that stayed on there for a couple of seconds. But everybody was gone by the time we hit the button, and then and then everything just disappeared.
Speaker 2: It's so strange, so strange that I don't have any idea what to make of that stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't either.
Speaker 3: I mean, we it was just we were we were in all, you know, and it's not something that we get out daily, weekly, or even every few weeks.
Speaker 1: We don't. I don't. I don't get that camera out and look, and you know, I'm not. I'm not out here to convince myself.
Speaker 2: Right, And you don't need it. You don't got to go looking for it. It's right there.
Speaker 1: No, no, And and you know I've told my best friends, Well, my best friend had the incident, and I told another good friend, and and he's told me stories that he's had up here on our place where he got paralleled. But everybody I've told, you know, believe it. I haven't been laughed.
Speaker 2: At a lot of this stuff, like we had talked about as hindsight, you know that you've been paralleled out numerous times before and never thought anything of it. And I think that's what most people do, you know, they just write it off, Oh, it must be a deer, you know whatever. And it's not really until you know these things are out there that you start realizing like, well maybe that was something, right, Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: When they was pushing these cows around north so was we could smell it and and it was what I smelled was pure puke and crap. That's what I smelled. And then I can come out here, and she said, pretty much it smelt like a an old soured out.
Speaker 3: Down disturbed behind the little trash. Can you know That's what it reminded me of, Like a stinky dumpster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were talking about them running those cattle around the field across the pasture. Does that happen a lot? Have you noticed it more than that?
Speaker 1: Or well? I think well I sincely started noticing it. It's probably happened four times that I know of. And uh, And there's another ranch on the side of him, on the other side of him, and and they got land that butts around this other creek that goes around them, and and they they've had that place for a long time. And even the people before them told them not to not to let their calves go down in that area because they'll all disappear. And they lost a lot of cats and they've lost a lot of caves and cows in that area. So they got they got that whole back forty back in there that that they don't even use. They won't use it.
Speaker 2: Do you have any goals with this? Are you just would you want to get rid of them if you could, or do you like having them around?
Speaker 1: I don't think i'd want to cause any problem. No, Yeah, I think we're just aware. I don't know how you'd get rid of them, but yeah, we're just aware, and nothing nothing real damaging or other than stealing my eggs, other than yeah, just stealing the eggs and you know, and then slapping on the house. And that was just really weird that happened.
Speaker 3: What for maybe those two weeks, yeah, when you were gone, and maybe a week or so after you got back. And then I feel like if something happened in May, is that when the shower one happened.
Speaker 1: The shower wouldn't happened when you was in The shower happened in May. Yeah, year, Yeah, after I got back from the hospital, and then we were sitting out here and they was while we were sitting out here, they were throwing rocks at my shop, my metal shop. Yeah, pebbles, not big rocks, but pebbles. Yeah. And there's no trees, no nothing where any acorn or anything like that can drop or hit that building. Yeah, yeah, there's nothing around it. And we're sitting on the back porch, you know, just going uh oh wow, there you.
Speaker 2: Go without Yeah, you know, just say whatever your comfortable was saying. But you had mentioned that you've had some pretty serious health issues going on, so that usually requires a pretty good stay in the hospital. Do you notice things happening whenever you get back from a trip to the hospital or like these extended periods of time, whenever you leave the house and then you come back, things seem to happen more than right when you get back.
Speaker 1: I haven't noticed anything like that. I know a couple of my you know what, when I heard the howl, the scream and the war, you know, I was sick. I was just lost. I had a kidney transplant and I just lost my dad's kidney, and so I was going to have to go back on diasas. So I wasn't in the best of moods when I heard that first scream and how you know, I mean it was a roar.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 1: Later on I got a kidney from my son, and you know, and everything's going great, and then my dad starts to die. You know, he's dying, and I'm out here, and then I hear another ar in four knocks, you know, and then a year from that, well, no, back when he was dying is when we heard the knox and the tree slams. Yes, And it was at day that he died or something like that. You know, we're just out here thinking about it. And then when it's kind of weird this year. September eleventh or nineteenth. September nineteenth, I was out here and I heard a big roar again the screen and then and then about I don't know, a mile from there south I heard four what knots, And that was at eleven thirty. I got to pick my phone up and looked, and that was just this past September.
Speaker 2: The reason I ask is it seems like in a lot of the situations like you guys have, where they're in the area of someone's property and they're visiting the property on a regular basis, it seems like oftentimes they like routine and if you break that routine, it upsets them or they react to it. And another thing that seems to go along with this, and it kind of plays into what you're talking about right now, which again no explanation for, but they seem to pick up on emotion, like whenever we're upset or something. You got a lot of situations I've heard where like, you know, couples will be arguing and then something will slap the house, or somebody is outside yelling at somebody on the phone and they'll see one standing over there watching them, or you know, someone's crying and they hear of vocalization it. I guess they're just people watchers, but it just seems kind of kind of spooky, how keyed in on us they are at times.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know it, and you know, and I know I've been so close to it several times that if it had scared me as bad as my heart was, Hell, it killed me, you know, just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I was in there turkey hunting and something started stuff in the back of my neck that would have done it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how my buddy survived that. Yeah, you know, because you know, I hadn't had Like I said, it's been close, and I know it has, but it hadn't done anything that scare me. It hadn't never grouted at me close, just woodenknocks and trees and throwing stuff at me. And then going to our cinerator, which is about thirty feet from the house. And when Brian came out, they was only here. That was a second snow and later in January and him and his guys came out and they wasn't here ten minutes and found three different tracks, three different sizes in quite a few tracks and from ten inch fifteen to seventeen.
Speaker 2: How big was that one in the picture you sent me?
Speaker 1: It was fifteen and the lynks from because like I said that I couldn't see the front of the foot before it, but I could see the hill of the foot and the hill of the foot after that track. And we measured it and it was five and a half. But strike, strike, the little one was that long almost, but we think that one was. But we think that one might have been running because it left them across the driveway and you know, and the snow blows and it felt them in a little bit, but you still see where it stepped. But if you went in the woods, you could see its tracks, but they wasn't good enough to pour or do anything with in those lengths once it got inside the woods again. But where how it got to that point to my chicken barn, I didn't see nothing. It had to have come from the trees or or just because they just started almost at my electric.
Speaker 2: Pole, and that was in the snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was snow, and that was a smaller track, and the fifteen inch one was I got a cattle guard that's for four wheelers that you hook in your fence line and you can just go through it. Well you can see where it's and it's it's a it's about six foot across it. And you could see the footprint on this side of the cattle guard and the and where it hit really.
Speaker 2: Heavy on the other side, probably jumping over it.
Speaker 1: Jumping over it. Those are the ones that Brian found and then I had the men. He found the seventeen inch track uh over on the road by where my woodpile is and it goes up past my hog in and it was and it went through there, and there was probably five or six tracks with that one too. You can see them in the grass and barely in the snow. He did he did some three D pictures of it. They wasn't as good as the one I took because most of the snow was going away, but you can dangerous see the impression in the grass.
Speaker 2: Do you guys you mentioned the owls, the owls that weren't owls, something that we.
Speaker 1: Hear a lot. Oh yeah, that's when I heard the screams kind of northwest of us, and it was just a I mean it was absolutely so loud, a woman screaming into a roar. I mean there was no doubt, and there was two of them. And when that second one quit, the owls in the I mean, for lack of a better word, that monkeys. It sounded like owls and monkeys, you know, doing you know that? Yeah, And that's when I got caring to come out. And it was just plenty sound like to you it's just a bunch of them. And it was just a bunch. There was too many to be owls in that one spot. There were too much noise up there.
Speaker 2: Have you heard any you know, laughter, I know you mentioned the giggling children. Have you heard like a hyena type laugh or any other animals that you think were being mimicked?
Speaker 1: No, no, mamely just the owls. Mainly, just the owls. I heard a a loom in the middle of the winter down here in the woods. Sounded just like a loom huh on a Minnesota lake, you know what I mean? Yeah? And I was setting out here and it was it was dark. I don't know the flight patterns illums, but.
Speaker 2: Probably not going to be in the woods in the middle of the winter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any metallic sounds.
Speaker 1: The only offbeat sound that we've heard is the beeping. That's all I've heard, the chirp. I haven't heard anything else. And I've heard them, you know. When I heard the voices behind the pond when I was cooking, I mean I heard laughter and just it sounded like talking chaos, you know, like just a group of guys down there. Yeah, sounded like a group of guys down there, at least three or four just cutting up and there was nobody there. And then I heard kids. Yeah, you know, I've had other stuff happen where I've gotten down fishing by the island and I'm set up on those sides of the bank and there's an island across from me, and that island is about a mile long, me and my buddy, and we're getting growled at and stuff broke at and this is about I'm thinking one hundred and fifty yards away from us, maybe two hundred and just something raising. Hell. We're looking at each other like what is going on over there? I mean, this is island. It's just black as cold, you know, there's no lights, and it's in the winter. And it just kept going. It was making us nervous. Then it turned around and started walking away from us. The lengths of the island. But we heard that thing grumble and break stuff all the way to the other end of the island, you know. And this is twenty years ago. We had no clue, no clue what We thought. It was a bear, you know, but how's this bear doing all this? You know? And we had no clue about it.
Speaker 2: Just a complete random question. Do you guys find arrowheads and stuff around there?
Speaker 1: I don't know so much.
Speaker 3: About arrowheads, but you know, like I said, we got a lot of grandkids, so I justify a lot of stuff because they just moved things around.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, yeah.
Speaker 3: We've had bog ball rocks show up on the steps on the front porch and oh right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: I kind of think in hindsight, you know, yeah, probably was, But at the time I'm like, stupid dog, you know.
Speaker 1: Dropped the rock up there on the fort right, all right?
Speaker 3: You know, my dogs, they I have to always check between my car and the house because they leave presents all the time. I blame it on the dogs, now is it the dog?
Speaker 1: For now? We had a couple of labs when we first moved out here, and they got to about six months old and disappeared pretty quick. Yep, just disappeared one day they were gone. Huh.
Speaker 3: She never saw him again.
Speaker 1: And then we had a pair of beagles and uh and uh the male is a male and female and their brothers and sisters and uh, and they came home and she's just crying. And I go out there and he's just he's tore up. He's got he's been beat up, and he's got the gravel from the driveway bedded in it in between his teeth. Oh man, Yeah, he had two puntry when he was on his neck and uh, and he well took him to the vet. He healed up, but he died of shock. Yeah, he died. The bet said he died of fright something scared of his death. Yep.
Speaker 2: That sounds horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I'm female, you know how that is? She died not much longer. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I was saying, we blame the things that we know, and we just write it off as like, oh, it must have just been the grandkids or whatever. But right, I mean that's kind of the deal though, right, because it could be the grandkids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I find random tools everywhere, like what are they work? What were they doing with that? They had? No business with that.
Speaker 2: It can be kind of nerve wracking if you worry about this stuff too much, because then you know, you don't know what's what You don't know, well, is that something that they did or or something normal?
Speaker 1: Right, And there's nothing there's no pattern for the last since the beginning of twenty three, we haven't seen any pattern of of well it's mainly in the winter, but it's happened. We hear stuff all year long.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but definitely a spike whenever the kids are around.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, definitely in the holiday season.
Speaker 3: You know, when it's nice enough for them to play outside, because you know, when it's too hot, I'm not going to sit outside and watch them play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just too hot. But like night now when it's pulled off. They've been playing out here this whole last four days. We was both out here. I barely caught it because I was talking and she wasn't, and but we heard of it was kind of like that same there's a long hal without an ending, right, it's just a long hol out an ending. It's just it's just kind of abrupt, yeah that this stops. And then and then one night I sat out here and just on the other side of my canyon. When I first heard it, my first instincts was that it was a dove. And then it turned from a dove to now to almost a crow or something. And it did it, and it did it five times in a row. And this, I mean, this is loud. This is really loud, and maybe and I didn't hear nothing else. And from about twenty minutes later, it sounded like the exact same thing it did. This thing did it about five times right here, and then twenty minutes later, two miles west, I heard the same thing and it was three times. But just like you said, you don't hardly hear a whole lot of screaming out here. I don't think they do a lot of that out here. It's it's once in a great while. And I and I've got hours and hours and hours logged out here on this back porch, you know, just from being sick or whatever. I mean, I live out on this back porch.
Speaker 2: They're not very vocal in Oklahoma, it seems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't happen very often, and I so wish it would happen with my son out here, you know, because there's something to hear. It really is something to hear, and it really is jurassic. I mean, it's there's no other word for it. It's it's just not right. It's I mean, it's it's crazy. You know.
Speaker 2: All the stuff that you guys are talking about is stuff. I mean, this is just how they act around people's property in Oklahoma and Texas. I can confirm Texas as the same type of behavior.
Speaker 1: So we've not told you anything new. You've not heard anything new.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying that it's all new. You know, every time I hear something, I still get excited about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's exciting, but it's good to I mean, I'm kind of glad that what we're telling you is nothing extremely new. It's stuff that you've always heard, so it kind of helps validate it a little bit, right.
Speaker 1: I Mean, we're lucky we can talk to her and I can talk to each other about it, and my son and uh so, you know, it's not like there's something we got bottled up, nothing like that, because we've all had experiences out here. And I got two other times that I thought I seen it, and uh I was looking. I'm on one hill and the way across the canyon this other hill, and it's quite a ways over there. But before the tornado, there was a trail I could see over there. It looked like a you know, I watched deer go up it before, and I've seen hogs go up it. And they they go up it from the creek and then they they go left and then and they go left, you know, for about twenty feet or thirty feet, and then and then they switched back going to right, going up higher on this on the ledge. And I'm and I'm looking over there and seeing if there's any deer, and I'm out here doing my thing, and I see something black over there. Well, I'm thinking it's a cow, you know, or a huge, huge, you know hog, And I'm watching it, and I'm watching it. Well, it doesn't take the same trail that the deer and everything else took it. It didn't go up that switch back. It come from the creek and just went up and then turned and went up that side. So it took a shortcut. Whatever it was, took the shortcut, you know, which is a ledge right there. It had to climb, It had to climb, and that ledge that these deer and hogs would and willing to climb, you know, because I watched them out there all the time. And I even seen another weird thing and it was at a glimpse and I looked at We had a really hard spring rain. It was kind of a cold rain, and it was early in the morning, and then it didn't last long and so the sun popped out. Well, you know how in the spring, those Bradford pairs usually turned green quicker than everything. And there's trees way out there on the other side of the canyon and on what I feared, it's a mile and a half and h and you could see these sporadic green trees out through there that bloom first. And I look back and I seen one had a big old black thing in the top of it. Well, my first thought was they were vultures, you know, with the rings spread it out across the top of the tree, you know, drying, yeah, you know. And then and then I go and do my thing, and I come back out and well, still there, and I watched his vultures flying around in that area, and I said, mass, that's either got to be eight or ten vultures or that's something big, you know, And and it was like it was in the top of the tree drying out. And then when I came back, I went in the house, came back and it was gone.
Speaker 2: But you did see vultures in the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did see vultures in the air, and one went right by it, and it was way a little and it took it had took three of them vultures to make that wings, that that span that it was doing in the top of the tree.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a second hand story. This was not told directly to me by the person. But a good friend of mine said that this old man God's talking to him one day and found out that he was in the Bigfoot or whatever, and he told him that old man told him, look for the vultures, follow them buzzards and they'll lead you to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the buzzards were flying all around that area, but they wasn't landing in that tree. And you know that. I mean, that's so far away. I couldn't tell you yay or nay on that. It's just it was just it was just weird. And I told her right off the bat. Every time every time I hear see anything or see this, we tell each other right off.
Speaker 2: Even whenever you're out there looking for it. It's still just mind blowing. Whenever you're actually seeing it happen.
Speaker 4: It's kind of weird, you know, to me, you know, all the crap that I've been going through, and I was at a spot where, you know, I just didn't really care, you know, if I took another step or not, and and.
Speaker 1: And and it really put a spark back in me. Well that's good, if you know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, I mean it just I was I would have never guessed in a million years that something like that would have been here. Yeah, you know, And and it's not really scaring me. I think it put us. I think it put a spark in me to learn more.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, just you know, documenting the stuff is the best thing to do, just writing it down whenever something happens, making a note of it, keeping track of it.
Speaker 1: You know, trying to do that. We've been trying to do that. We don't put every knock we hear or none of that on there, because I mean sometimes it's it's quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, at this point you just need to be taking note of like major events.
Speaker 1: I would say, that's what we're doing now. We're just gonna stick to the major things because it's ridiculous how much knock and treats we hear and breaking, you know, especially especially through right now through April.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we figure it's going to really take up here, right.
Speaker 1: I was really surprised in September when I heard the scream and those four knocks, because we're always out here in September, We're planting these fields, we're getting everything winter we eat and all that we had all the time, and I've never had anything happen in September. But like I said, I was out here, I was pretty depressed. You know, my dad, we got the same name, you know, everything, we got the same birthday, everything, and I just lost them a year ago. And we fished. We fished every lake and tournament in this state, you know. And I was just looking at the river thinking about how many times that me and him had fish down there, and and then then I hear this great, big roar to the north north northwest. But it wasn't a long one. It was a quick one. It was like five seconds. But it started out sounding like a like a big bull, and into the roar and then it just quit. And like I say, and it felt like it was five ten minutes. And then then south of us about a mile, you could hear the four knocks.
Speaker 3: And four knock seems to be real common. Yeah, I don't know why we don't ever hear just one. Do you ever hear just two? It seems like four is our most common.
Speaker 1: But the only time I heard one just one is when it was behind me and my son and my grandson, and it was but it was it was dang close. It wasn't no mile away. It was right behind us.
Speaker 2: And that was whenever you're down at the creek, Yeah, and you and.
Speaker 1: You can feel it, you could field, you could tell there was something there is. We wasn't scared, but we knew we needed to leave.
Speaker 2: If you've had a Bigfoot encounter you'd like to talk about on the show, email me at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfootcrossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need all in one place. And until next time, remember there's something in the woods.