Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Oh, the sky is falling. The sky is falling, Ryan, Wow, get your football helmet on.
Speaker 2: Is this just.
Speaker 1: Fascinating to watch, isn't it? And the reason I can laugh about it and kind of enjoy it is there is no doubt in my mind this is all going to end very, very well. But you heard at the top. We just didn't get the usual propaganda from ABC News today. Oh no, we got the special report. You notice that it was ABC News special report of the Martians land. If the Martians just landed, you know, is there a nuclear war somewhere? Oh no, no, no, it's the stock markets down today, right, national crisis.
Speaker 2: Right see, we were right all along.
Speaker 1: Trump's Trump's horrible, Tamala should be president. And I thought, you know, I'm I was in court today, the privilege of being in court in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and I thought, well, you know, okay, it's going.
Speaker 2: To be a rough day.
Speaker 1: Stocks are down ten or twenty percent, you know, Black Monday, all this stuff, and so I checked and it looks like about a five percent hit today.
Speaker 2: Right as a guy with the four oh one K, I don't like to see that.
Speaker 1: But it's it's not like Black Monday or Black Friday or the market crash or anything like that. It's just that, and everybody sees it. And that's where the left. You know, they're not stupid, they're s'mrons. They're smart people doing moronic things because hate interrupts brain function and they just don't see that everybody can see right now, they're rooting for America to fail. They're rooting for our economy to crash. Does anybody have any doubt that whatsoever that Jared Polis would want to see We just want to see it all crash tomorrow or Chuck Schumer or anybody else, Not that anybody cares, but Polis now echoing the line, and it wasn't a very good one. It was something that you know, probably a first year in turn wrote somebody still in college.
Speaker 2: From a king Jeffries. But Jared Paulie had to pick.
Speaker 3: Up on this is one of the biggest tax hikes in American history.
Speaker 4: It's not liberation day, it's recession day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, that's creative, right.
Speaker 1: So do you really think Jared Paulis wants to see the economy store right now? Do you think Jared Poulis wants to see your four oh one k go up or down? Do you think he wants to see you get paid more or less in your job? Do you think he wants to see your family right now doing better or worse? How about Michael Bennett? How about John hick and Lopper? How about Chuck Schumer? Everybody knows the answer, right, which just prouves they don't care about you at all. But the beautiful thing here is that it's like road Runner, right, Wiley Coyote, I mean, or you want to think about the football being pulled away from Charlie Brown. It's going to happen to them on this and it's just a matter of whether it's sooner or later. So and again, you don't want to take stock advice from me, believe me, But you haven't lost a dime until you sell. So all these headlines about trillions and market value wiped out yet, but nobody loses a dime until they sell And remember COVID. And I'm not saying there's an all fours comparison to COVID here at all, but remember COVID. And you know, again, I do not consider myself a great stock picker or anything like that. All I know, even in dummy like me, was able to do, you know, relatively speaking for my modest investments very well, you know, just just not giving into the panic during COVID.
Speaker 2: So I think this is.
Speaker 1: Going to be a great buying opportunity, whether it's today, tomorrow, week from now, months from now, whatever. But does anybody truly in their right mind, And I appreciate the fact, and this is physiological that the Trump haters their brains don't work correctly. And that's not meant as a it's just literal, it's clinical. Their brains don't work correctly because you know from your life, I know from mine that hate interrupts brain function. Anger interrupts brain function. And they hate Trump so much their brains don't work.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Can any thinking person believe that Donald Trump, who just overcame more than anybody I can think of right off the bat in the history of America to become president again for a second term, that Donald Trump is going to stumble into some kind of economic disaster. Not a chance, not a chance. So I just start from that simple common sense point, right, there is no way in the world he's going to blow up his own presidency. And then you look at the economic success he has had in his own life and critically and maybe even more importantly in his first term in office. And then you look at the track record of his critics and who you're going to trust ghostbusters, Yeah, three or three someone three eight two five five takes d an five seven seven, three nine. And the starting point is right. This is coming from a guy I have not spent my life studying tariffs. I do not claim to be a tariff expert of any kind. I do claim to be an expert in common sense, and I have been around a little while. And so that's what leaves me with great comfort right now that this is going to end very well. But we want to bring you both sides. So I want to bring you a lot of sound on different sides of this whole tariff thing today, and then we'll continue the conversation as it rolls out toward what I expect to be a very happy conclusion.
Speaker 2: Sooner than later.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing that people forget in this conversation, right, American might.
Speaker 2: And I'm just talking clinically now.
Speaker 1: I'm not even talking about the pride you probably feel in your chest, the pride you feel for the United States of America, how we're all lottery winners to even be born here. I'm not even talking about those justifiable emotions. I'm just talking clinically here, American might. And when America takes a position on the world economic stage, that now all of a sudden things are going to have to be more fair.
Speaker 2: Now. Is it really as if all these other nations in the world can.
Speaker 1: Just double middle finger America and laugh at us and say, oh, you're going down now, big boy.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I don't think that's the way it works.
Speaker 1: So there are a lot of reasons to believe, just starting with basic common sense reasons that I know this is going to end well. But I come back to this other premise, and I'd love to get your take on this. You can text us, as you know, da N five seven seven three nine, or call, which I really enjoy three h three someone three eight two five five. But but just broadening it out, and we could talk of course economically as well, but broadening it out. How many things are there in life where you get great progress, great breakthrough, break great solutions to a big problem without some pain, without some sacrifice. That's just not the human condition, that's not the way it works. I know, Ryan, you've been thinking all night Kellys two about some exception, and I know some exception.
Speaker 2: Out there exists. But whether it's childbirth itself.
Speaker 1: Right, the greatest thing that can happen in all of humankind, whether it's childbirth itself or something in business, or it's something in sports, or it's something in a relationship, what great breakthrough, particularly, what kind of problem solving ever happens without some pain, without some sacrifice.
Speaker 2: And that's you know why this country.
Speaker 1: Has gotten into such big trouble now, right, just whether it's Republicans Democrats, there's been very little tolerance to the point of about zero or any kind of pain while somebody's in office, because that their first priority is protecting themselves and protecting their power and their grip on power and their influence, and if they're up for reelection, their chance for reelection, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So none of these elected people.
Speaker 1: Very few on either side both sides are willing to do anything that's going to inflict any pain, even though they know it just keeps the.
Speaker 2: Car moving toward the cliff.
Speaker 1: I respect the heck out of Trump for being willing to say, no, we're going to have to endure some pain to break this cycle that is headed us, heading us toward a very very bad end.
Speaker 2: So hey, I think it's going to work.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing is people are analyzing this, and people who know a lot more about tariffs than I do are analyzing this in kind of a traditional tariff sense of Okay, you know, what's the long term impact of terriffs that they're not in it in.
Speaker 2: A deal making sense, and a deal making.
Speaker 1: Sense whereby okay, what's the long term impact and so what is the price to everybody involved in that, and what kind of leverage does that then create four deals, some in the relatively short term. So yeah, what Democrats, I'll say it again only because it's a profound truth we all have to keep in mind during this period of pain. But but what Democrats are so terrified of is not the tariffs are going to fail, but the tariffs are going to work. So they have to spook Trump off the tariffs before they work, because the left knows once these tariffs work, the left is toast. I mean, they'll hang on in a few hardcore lefty type spots, but they know once these.
Speaker 2: Tariffs work and people see.
Speaker 1: You know, the tremendous thing that's going to come from you know, all of the benefits more manufacturing and home et cetera, who's going to have any interest these Democrats? And we know mathematically, and I don't mean to be redundant, but it's a number of people need to keep in mind once people start making seventy five grand or more strong majority vote Republicans. So that's what the Democrats are so freaked about, that these things are going to work.
Speaker 2: We have much more ahead in the show as well.
Speaker 1: Today we have sound from the legislature, actually elected Democrats comparing parents groups that have an interest in these transcendity issues to the KKK.
Speaker 2: We'll play that sound for you.
Speaker 1: We'll have the state legislator who is in that hearing, and then we'll talk about, you know, what does that mean for where Colorado's headed, the chances of the GOP, etc.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dankapla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Without some pain. I'd really like to get folks take on that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's something somewhere, but the universal truth, right is that almost every great property, almost every great breakthrough, almost every great healing act, fixing a major problem comes with some significant pain. I'd love to hear about the exceptions here is Senator rand Paul.
Speaker 3: Tariffs have also led to political decimation.
Speaker 6: When McKinley most famously put tariffs on in eighteen ninety, they lost fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Of their seats in the next selection.
Speaker 6: When Hot smoothly put on their tariff in their early nineteen thirties.
Speaker 2: And lost the House in the Senate for sixty years.
Speaker 6: So they're not only bad economically or they're bad politically.
Speaker 1: And listen, it's not just the Democrats. They're really prominent Republicans, some not a majority or close to it, really prominent Republicans very concerned about these tariffs. The difference is the Democrats, I think to a person, at least the ones we've talked about, want the economy to fail. The Republicans wanted to succeed. If you think there's a hole in that logic. As Prime says, you know where to find me three or three someone three eight, two, five, five The number texts DA in five, seven, seven through nine before I go to the phone lines, and we'll start in wheat Ridge, Colorado.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite texts in a long time.
Speaker 1: Dan, Maybe you should stop lying to your audience and tell them who pays tariffs.
Speaker 2: I'll wait for your answer. You're not worth calling, and it's.
Speaker 1: Disgusting how you're covering Trump's tariff's stupidity. Every economist from left to right says it's an idiotic move. Well, the reason this guy's not calling is because he knows that he would get decimated in a conversation. As polite and as nice and respectful as I am, he would lose. And it's not because of me. It's just because of the facts. But here's what I'm curious about. You're not worth calling, but I'm worth texting.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: That's kind of interesting because more people these days just prefer to text. I guess to right is to think, and everybody's busy. But think about how little he thinks of you. You should stop lying to your audience. Tell them who pays tariffs. Well, there's no question about who pays tariffs. Everybody knows who pays tariffs, and obviously I've never said anything to the contrary. That's why we've spent the last two days talking about pain and talking about the pain that we're willing to endure to save this country, to advance this country. We wouldn't be talking about the pain if we all didn't understand that these tariffs cost us short term because we're going to be paying more for imported goods. They cost us because our efforts to sell goods overseas are going to then run into higher tariffs.
Speaker 2: We all get that.
Speaker 1: But my question to this individual, and it's the reason I think she didn't call, is because, Okay, well, who pays for.
Speaker 2: What sickens America right now?
Speaker 1: Who pays for these big structural problems we have in America right now that's heading this country toward a cliff economically?
Speaker 2: Who pays for that? What about that pain?
Speaker 1: Just because you have a sugar high before you have an absolutely hillacious, enduring amount of pain, doesn't mean that pain's any less. In fact, that pain's going to be more. But nobody wants to talk about that pain. They just want to talk about the pain that Trump is causing right now. By trying to heal these problems, heal what ails us which could potentially be fatal three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. Let's go to beautiful weak Ridge, Colorado. Craig, you're on the Dame Kaplis, sh'll welcome.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan.
Speaker 3: I want to preface what I'm about to say by saying that I voted. I've voted for Trump in the past three elections, but I don't what there will not be the next one. He's not going to get a third term.
Speaker 2: But let me finish, Okay, he is.
Speaker 3: I agree with his policy that we need to get manufacturing back in the United States first of all, but tariffs is trying to kind of force the hand nowt For example, in his speech yesterday, he targeted Japan. And the facts are that Japan ninety ninety five percent opinion on who you want to talk to of cars being driven in Japan are manufactured in Japan. Well that yeah, that's a tremendous trade imbalance. And we do buy a lot of Japanese cars in the United States.
Speaker 2: Some of those.
Speaker 3: Companies have manufacturing plants in the United States which employ United States workers. But why do you target Japan with tariffs when the reason people in Japan do not buy American cars is because the quality they have a perceived opinion of the quality of their cars are better than American cars. Big SUVs, pickups do not fit on Japanese narrow roads.
Speaker 2: Get bigger roads.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, you cannot expand.
Speaker 1: Roads, Craig, I was joking. I was joking, my friend. Here's my core question too. I'm not dismissing anything you have to say. I'm the first one to say I'm no expert on tariffs. I'm also the first one to say I trust Trump. I trust his view of the economy, I trust his economic impulses. I trust that he's not self destructive. So are you sitting there believing that he just threw a dart at the wall in the West wing and came up with that number for Japan, or that he has some rationale, some rationale that you may well disagree with, but I trust that he has a rationale.
Speaker 3: Well, the American percentage of cars being driven in Japan is one percent. Has I'm just specifically we probably import more Japanese automobiles than we do anything from Japan. That's probably the biggest when you want to talk about the total number of the deficits between what is purchased from the United States and Japan and vice versa, the biggest portion of that money is probably in the automotive industry. Now, if they're only buying one percent of our automobiles and they're buying four percent from German or European car makers, you can't Consumers will buy. They will spend their money where they want to spend their money, where they precede the quality to be the best. Force and putting tariffs on automobiles is trying to force Americans to buy American cars maybe when they don't want to. Maybe they want to buy a Japanese car because they precede the quality to be better, whether it be a Toyota, Honda, Accurate, whatever.
Speaker 1: Well eight, I have no question that that is true for some American buyers, no question whatsoever. And I respect their free choice, their ability to make that choice.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 6: In a historic Executive order instituting reciprocal tariffs on countries throughout the world.
Speaker 2: Reciprocal. That means they do it to us and we do it to them.
Speaker 6: Very simple. Can't get any simpler than that. This is one of the most important days, in my opinion, in American history. It's our declaration of economic independence. For years, hard working American citizens were forced to sit on the sidelines as other nations got rich and powerful, much of it at our expense. But now it's our turn to prosper and in so doing, use treaty and trillions of dollars to reduce our taxes and pay down our national debt.
Speaker 2: And it'll all happen very quickly.
Speaker 6: With today's action, we are finally going to be able to make America great again, greater than ever before.
Speaker 1: And I want to play some more of the sound of Trump's explanation, because you don't get much of that out there, right. I mean, most of the mainstream media is an extension of the Democratic Party, and you're getting the hysteria and you're getting their cheerleading for calamity, right, because obviously the left wants the economy to crash. They're going to be sorely disappointed. But tying into this related issue is Tesla and the terrorist attacks on Tesla, and George Brockler, the DA and the twenty third will join us at five point thirty six to talk about what those penalties should look like criminally. I also I'm intrigued by a civil lawsuit that was just filed for a very large amount of money against a Tesla terrorist, and so I want to look at some.
Speaker 2: Of the civil possibilities as well.
Speaker 1: But that got me into talk talking about Okay, I'm starting to think about getting a cyber truck just to make a statement, just to stand up against the terrorist. And so as I thought about that, I thought, you know, I don't like any of their colors. It's not a very good looking car to begin with. I don't like any of the colors. So I started to research online and there's some really cool wraps out there where they wrap a vehicle. So we've been talking about that, and then I got this nice text from a company. Get Doug with Quantum Raps in Canyon City. Looking at the website, I mean, some of the stuff I saw on the website should be in the loof.
Speaker 2: It's just a work of art.
Speaker 1: So I thought we'd do a quick pop with Doug just to get a feel for what's possible and what this stuff costs. Hey, Doug, welcome to the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you, Dan. How are you doing well.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great and appreciate the time. I'm really excited about this REP possibility but know nothing about it.
Speaker 2: So first tell folks a little bit about your business.
Speaker 1: But then also everybody's question is what does it cost to say rep an s U V REP, A pick up REP A car?
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, I can explain. Some of that business is basically graphic design marketing type of products. We do vehicle wraps, we do science banners, web design, graphic design pretty much one stop shop, but we do we do a lot of vehicle wraps. We there's a lot of box with a vehicle wrap. Either do a color change that's just simply changing the color of your vehicle. There's a lot of options to look to that are available. Then we also do full print. That's a we can do custom design. We can do this personal uh personal use of businesses and uh yeah, it's just a great way to h give your vehicle a new and feel or hope if you don't like the color change that and it also helps save your paints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then how much would it call, let's say a cyber truck, because I know this stuff is not cheap, but a cyber truck, what would something like that cost truck?
Speaker 7: If I'm looking around forty two forty four dollars depending on the vinyl dig.
Speaker 1: You sures, Which gets me to my next question. Doug from Quantum Wraps in Canyon City kind of enough to be with us.
Speaker 2: How durable is it?
Speaker 1: Because you know, remember when matt was real popular on vehicles, but then I heard that, you know, if you got to scratch on one door, you had to repaint the whole thing. I don't know if that's true. But with wrap, how does that work? How durable is it? And if something gets scratched, what's the fix?
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, it's pretty durable. It's you know, you treat it just like paint, to just like paint it. It's may say it's tenure vinyl. However, their warranty on something like that is generally about three years on vertical in two years on horizontal. We always do the horizontal areas roofs and hoods twice. That extends the life on that. And of course if you keep your vehicle in the garage. It's going to last be less well. I hate safe forever, but a really long time. And you know, if you do get a scratch on it, say somebody wants to try to key your tesla, we can easily just replace that panel. You don't have to print, you know, we wouldn't have to replace the entire vehicle.
Speaker 2: Would it's still match or would the rest have faded at that point?
Speaker 7: Generally it's still match, yes.
Speaker 1: Because I am planning on it, Doug, if I do get this cyber truck, and there are very delicate negotiations going on at home right now with this.
Speaker 2: But if I do get the cyber.
Speaker 1: Truck, I am counting on it getting keyed, probably multiple times. But again, the reason I'd get it would be to stand up to these terrorists. But I've seen some amazing designs on your website, I mean truly beautiful art. I saw one where you've had cheap and you have kind of a faded American flag on the hood and then what looks like maybe the Declaration of Independence on the side.
Speaker 2: Who does your art?
Speaker 7: I do, yeah, a graphic designer. Then in the business is eighty three and then myself that works in the business as well. I have a couple of Stollars at work Force. We're a family in business. So n Yeah, I've been doing graphic design for a long time and so pretty much anything you can envision and want to get point across, we can definitely work that and do a design that is going to get him to that end. And yeah, the way we do it is we'll do that, We'll do that cyber truck, and we'll send you, We'll send the customer what it's going to look like. I mean, it's going to be on a template. It will be exactly what you approve. And yeah, we can the world's your oyster. We can put anything on there you'd like.
Speaker 1: So you can put obviously pictures, right if I'm not like a picture of my wife and I could have that, but but would be great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can picture you and your life on like on the front of it maybe or something, and then in a minute going into a flag waving flag or something.
Speaker 2: I'd look at that.
Speaker 7: And then actually for your vehicle, I would use a thicker lamination, so that would be we're talking full print, so it's a full print and they try to key it we always have the print file on file and we can you know, we can reprint it or do whatever. And I have a hard time damaging in the vehicle with that wrap on it.
Speaker 1: I'm really excited about this, whether it's a cyber truck or something else. Just the opportunity to use the vehicle as as art and to create like that to me is really exciting.
Speaker 2: But would you give everybody your website?
Speaker 7: Yes, that would be quantum Wraps dot com just says it sounds and also a number there is if you don't mind it is no please, It's a five four three.
Speaker 2: Wrap, wonderful wrap. I Doug, thank you for being how with it.
Speaker 1: Love family businesses, love American businesses, love the creativity and appreciate you being on the show.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Dan, thank you so much for having me. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Well, you take care And if I get this cyber truck, you are my first call. That that after maybe a counselor, but you.
Speaker 2: Are my first call.
Speaker 7: You'd be an honor to do your truck.
Speaker 1: Dan, thank you, my friend. Sure appreciate it. Do you take care? And Doug from Quantum Wraps in Canyon City. And if it's not the cyber truck. I want to do it with something else, and I really do want the cyber truck. But listen, I'm you know, I'm a very very lucky guy, met the right woman. We're over thirty years into a great marriage. If she feels that strongly about a cyber truck, I'm not going to force it. But I have not given up yet on persuasion. If not get or something some way to accomplish this. You're on the Dan Caplas.
Speaker 5: Show and now back to the Danaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Too late any longer, and we're going to start being smart and we're going to start being very wealthy again. We're going to be wealthy as a country. Because they've taken so much of our wealth away from us. We're not going to let that happen. We truly can be very wealthy. We can be so much wealthier than any country.
Speaker 2: It's not even believable. But we're getting smart.
Speaker 6: Nearly a century later, in the face of unrelenting economic warfare, the United States can no longer continue with a policy of unilateral economic surrender. We cannot pay the deficits of Canada and Mexico and so many other countries. We used to do it, we can't do it anymore. We take care of countries all over the world. We pay for their military, We pay for everything they have to pay.
Speaker 2: And then when you want.
Speaker 6: To cut back a little bit, they get upset that you're not taking care of them any longer. But we have to take care of our people, and we're going to take care of our people first. And I'm sorry to say that.
Speaker 7: I see.
Speaker 1: It's so important to be playing this Trump sound today because there's not much of it out there right I mean, most of the media extension the Democratic Party Democratic Party wants an economic crash right now, or at the very least, they want Trump's approval to fall so he has less sway in the House and Senate. But wait a second, this guy's had a lot of success economically and including in his first term.
Speaker 2: So isn't it worth at least thinking about this. I sure do.
Speaker 6: And you're going to be very happy, and you're going to be very safe. We're going to build our future with American hands, with American heart, American steel, and we're going to build it with American pride like we used to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so critical right to national security as well, I mean, we can't become a nation that isn't making stuff anymore.
Speaker 2: I know we'll always make something, but you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, isn't making a lot of stuff, isn't making the stuff that we depend on for our national security. So yeah, America is broken economically in some really significant ways. So I admire that he's trying to do something bold to fix it. And I have a lot more confidence than most that it's going to work. Not because I'm an expert on tariffs, not at all, but but I do think I understand Trump, and I do think I understand, you know that his commitment to America, to working people. I think I understand his commitment to winning, his commitment to going down as one of the greatest presidents in American history. I don't think he's going down this road unless he thinks.
Speaker 2: That he's going to win and win big.
Speaker 1: The country's going to win and win big, and workers are going to win and win big. Three or three someone three eight two five five takes d a n five seven seven three nine thanks to Doug from Quantum rap in Canyon City. In the last segment, Dan just wrap it with Dan capitlis Law and write the car off as a business expense. Thank you, c give texture. I would never do that, but thank you for the thought. Talking about a cyber truck, I want to stand up to the Tesla terrorists not committing to getting it yet because of some ongoing negotiations on the home front. Dan, can he rep you Tody Box for work track? Absolutely, Jason, go to the website Quantum. I was looking at their website and they do all sorts of stuff like that. Haven't used them before because I've never wrapped anything before.
Speaker 8: Have you, Ryan?
Speaker 2: Have you wrapped a vehicle before?
Speaker 5: No, that's not really something I think about.
Speaker 9: But in the spirit of what you're attempting to do, I think it's an awesome idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and so many creative possibilities for any kind of vehicle. Dean and ourvad will start with you. You're on the Dan Kapla show. Welcome we are hey Dean.
Speaker 2: Oh you sound surprised. Who were you calling? Yes, sir, Yeah, we're.
Speaker 10: On a par in the radio at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're on a seven second delay in case somebody swears or something. That's why, particularly if you have Democrats on because he's see where now the big thing is for all these Democrat office holders to curse.
Speaker 9: But well, go ahead, hold on, Kelly's resetting him and there's the deal. We're really disappointed, indeed, Kelly and me, because he's a veteran call he is he shouldn't all the new colors out there. Yeah, there is a seven second to lay to dance point. Turn your radios down and listen only through your phone.
Speaker 2: And if you.
Speaker 1: Guys noticed that you're watching a game now maybe and depending which cable or streaming system you're on, it can be forty five seconds behind real game time.
Speaker 2: Chris and Denver, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hey Dan, this is Chris Wonder for me.
Speaker 2: I can't thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sir, I was hearing your thing on the wraps. Yeah, you don't have to go out of town to do that. There's a guy here in town called Sam Lopez on the Hampden Avenue and does a marvelous job, does exotic car wraps and ceramic codings and all that sort of stuff, so you don't need to cook down out of town to get it done.
Speaker 10: It's called gorilla raps.
Speaker 1: Gorilla you know, I've heard of them. I love going to Canyon City as long as I can leave, but Gorilla wraps.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the call, my friend, because thank you.
Speaker 1: I went down there for an execution once. Oh yeah yeah, but I could leave, which.
Speaker 2: Really made me fat.
Speaker 1: Your own execution obviously, yes, yes, no, very intuitive, no, but it yeah. No, And and thank you to Chris for that, because I got to tell you. The more I study this rapping thing with a w these are real artists and the work they do.
Speaker 2: Remember that commercial, what was it? Whitch Beer Madero?
Speaker 1: Witch Beer did the commercial featuring the guy who did the custom cars and the Jack dumbdellas Mello Medello.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can tell how much beer I drink and more whiskey than beer, but not much of that either.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's just amazing these artists out there and they turn it into performance art and you think about to creative possibilities, which I'm getting really psyched about. I mean, whether it's cyber truck or something else. I really want to wrap something. Let's go back to Dean see if he's pulled it together. You're on the Dan Kaplas Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome Dean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, hey Dan, that was crazy. This is iHeart and then I called you and never overlapping each other.
Speaker 10: I've never seen.
Speaker 4: Wow, here's a good bad dream today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know today.
Speaker 4: I was listening to Hanity before you and they had Shumers from.
Speaker 10: Like seven years ago. They had Pelosi on there as well, and they were all.
Speaker 4: For tariffs before and now they're like, you know, they've just flip flopped because Trump's idea. And the second thing I want to mention is I don't understand why everybody's opposed to reciprocal tariffs. I mean, it's one for one.
Speaker 10: What is the issue with that? Because no one seems to explain.
Speaker 4: Why that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Well, the concern is that Americans are going to be paying more for a lot of different products. That's the concern. And so Democrats they just want the economy to crash, right, But you have some respective Republicans really worried about these tariffs because they think it's going to raise prices and it will. They think it's going to raise prices without any big obvious benefits soon and that the GOP will get wiped out.
Speaker 10: In the mid TEMs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Charles saying on a sliding scale, he's gonna just as needed. I'm pretty sure that he's not going to just goar horror and just ruing the economy.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'm with you, you, thank you, I'm with you one thousand percent. That's why he's a guy. I don't claim to be an expert on tariffs. I just come back to I think I'm an expert on Trump. And and Trump is a smart guy who wants to win as much as anybody who is ever born. And he is not doing this and unless he has a plan and great confidence in that plan.
Speaker 2: And I don't think the plan is Okay.
Speaker 1: We're going to impose tariffs for ten years and then five years we'll start.
Speaker 2: To see some benefit. I think he's done the.
Speaker 1: Calculation that once the world takes them seriously, will really going and down this road, because you know, what the hell do I have to lose that he's going to have the leverage he needs to get a lot of good deals done.
Speaker 2: I think that is the play. Hey, we'll keep talking about that.
Speaker 1: Representative Jarvis Caldwell, a Republican from Colorado with some interesting sound