Speaker 1: All right, next time you're out and about and you're like, you know what, I want some incredible barbecue, we want you to go to Hurtado Barbecue. Brandon Hurtado's family recipes pass down from generations. They're spent on Mexicue Mexican barbecue. They have locations in Mansfield, one in Fort Worth, one in Arlington, two locations inside a Globe Life field in Arlington, and then one new location in Dallas at the Farmers Market. So if you head to Hurtado, take a picture CCS copy us on social media so we can kind of raise our glass to you as you enjoy the finer things in life and enjoy her Tato barbecue.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Listeners, here comes kt fun tweets.
Speaker 2: We're around this sport.
Speaker 1: Now, let's go around the sports. KT fun tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, So DeMarcus Lawrence signed a three year, forty two million dollars with Seattle, and he arrives at the Seattle premises and you go through do your press conference hot stuff, and then you're doing a little media thing and he's doing an interview, and here's what happened. During that interview.
Speaker 2: You know, Dallas is my home home.
Speaker 1: I made my home there.
Speaker 2: You know, my family lives there. You know, I'm forever going to be there. But you know, I know for sure I'm not going to win a Super Bowl there. So yeah, here we're here, DeMarcus Lawrence. He's welcome to the Seahawks. Thanks for joining us. Pretty dramatic, dude.
Speaker 1: It was now he was not offered a deal, right because I saw him talking about it and he was like, we sat back, we started receiving some offers.
Speaker 2: We kind of waited to see what the Cowboys are going to do. They didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: And so you could look at this as him being upset that, hey, cowboys didn't offer him a deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of got the sense.
Speaker 4: I mean, wasn't there talk for a little while that the Cowboys just thought he was going to retire.
Speaker 3: I think that's they probably wanted. So you don't have any tension. And right because he didn't play, he didn't play much, and he's older. Just this is what happened. You're thirty three, You're not useful to that many teams in the NFL. At what sucks me? What it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just based on this, and like, think about this even in the context of how much we love Zach and what Zach had gone through. Right, And I'm not saying Zach and Tank are in the exact same situation, but they both were lifetime Cowboys. If the Cowboys said, hey, we just signed Tank to three years and forty two million, you'd be going, Wow, that sounds like a lot on Tank.
Speaker 2: He didn't play last year pretty much, Yeah, draft.
Speaker 1: This is actually and if you look at this, and with the Dante Fowler news that they acquired him, that's a way better deal one year, six or eight million dollars for a guy who had ten and a half sacks and is younger and did play last year. I loved Tank, I loved love. He's a great dude. But this is actually you got to give the Cowboys credit. They don't deserve it that often. They deserve credit on this.
Speaker 4: I think so. And here's what this tells me. The Tank's kind of have an amazing year. He might because every time I'm like, don't pay that guy that much, he goes somewhere and has a great year.
Speaker 3: So he might, you know, like sometimes getting red I don't just re energized or whatever. The thing about Tank the Tank covered up and this is I think Cowboys fans underrated him because the sack numbers weren't always there, and he's a defensive end. He covered up their lack of having any defensive tackle. I mean, dude, can you the amount of names this team tried to run through here, Gerald McCoy and you know, Jordan Phillips, and you can name all these defensive tackles fro while he's ten years like actually like don Terry Poe, like they spent money on like free agent guys they actually did try to spend on or did try to draft Neville Gallimore who didn't work out here whatever, and he kind of covered that up. It's where they weren't the worst run defense in the league for most of these years now. It's always been a problem. And I think that's where Dante Fowler doesn't help you, Like he doesn't stop the run at all, But they need any They need bodies, and six million on one year for Dante Fowler is a very good deal. And they don't want long term deals. They don't want that either.
Speaker 1: So you'll have Sam Williams back, You'll have Marshawn neelan back and.
Speaker 2: He's more of a run stopping defensive end types.
Speaker 1: That's good, and you'll have Dante Fowler and Michael Parsons.
Speaker 2: That's a good pass rush.
Speaker 1: So but I would imagine that Cowboys players were probably not too excited to see Tank, who is one of their leaders, taking shots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, now, But also, like I'm sure they This is.
Speaker 3: Where I'm confused. We'll get to what Micah said. Well, let's do this first.
Speaker 4: Let's do this to Mikelaus and dude, let's face it, there's zero doubt that Seattle will win a Super Bowl in the next three years.
Speaker 2: So Tank is set.
Speaker 3: Tank out here in twenty fourteen, Tank on the show a million times, people that cover the team even closer to me. I just read that as that's just kind of Tank being Tank. Tank can't say in that interviews, I'm not gonna win one here either, right, he's not. And he knows that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dry money, dry sense of humor, like real funny, likable guy, somewhat intimidating. Some of his comments are like that that have you going damn, oh okay, because that's Tabby Rolls. Yeah, and you need that.
Speaker 2: From him because football, and he doesn't care. He does not care, doesn't care.
Speaker 3: So Micah retweets it, Mica is Michael Parsons.
Speaker 2: If you don't know, Okay.
Speaker 3: This what rejection and envy look like. This some clown ass and then cloud emoji. It's very very sloppy clown emoji in my opinion or whatever. De Marcus lords response calling me a clown won't change the fact that I told the truth. Maybe if you spent less time tweeting and more time winning, I wouldn't have left.
Speaker 4: Very good good use of that drop.
Speaker 3: Well, and I don't know what y'all's timelines are, like mine was pretty feel pretty much filled with Cowboys fans mad at de Marcus Lawrence for saying that, which I find to be what Yeah, usually fans are reason yeah yeah, but like that, I just thought they might go the other way, Like, no, he said what you've been bishing about.
Speaker 1: It was about hours, six or eight hours of relief for Nico. It was like nobody was thinking about the Luca trade for about six or eight hours. It was all this drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is wonderful drama. I love it. I love that. Micah's on Twitter it's so good every time.
Speaker 3: But also there's a lot of like kind of sticking up for Micahs, sticking up for your guy, which might tell you where the generation of the world is. It's all players, because I was like this kind of like we're getting the teams back here, We're getting Micah's backyards, Like where were you y'all in net with the MAVs.
Speaker 4: Like right, because it's like yeah, but also like once the dude leaves, yeah, it's gone.
Speaker 2: You know, it's whatever. Who was it?
Speaker 1: One of the one god I can't remember which player it was. One player was like, hey, man, I thought it was a brotherhood above all else.
Speaker 2: Did you see that? No?
Speaker 1: No, And then Overshown said, okay, it's Alice cowboys versus the world.
Speaker 2: Like so it was like galvanizing them, bringing them together.
Speaker 3: Chohncey Golston just had three frowny emojis as he plays with the Giants.
Speaker 2: Now, pretty good, that's who it was.
Speaker 1: Chauncey Golston was like, hey, I thought it was the brotherhood above all else.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, look, the truth is we are not removed from last year being able to read. Dak slips on the sideline saying we fing suck. Yeah, you know, like before he was out for the year too, Like that was I think the game that the Falcons game where he got hurt in.
Speaker 2: Actually so I love it. It's just fun.
Speaker 3: They also brought a running back, Miles Sanders, who is uh you know he was the Eagles for a while. He played for the Panthers, either he or Javonte Williams. As you're running back too, And they'll draft someone that's the plan.
Speaker 1: Right and and man, you know you've been talking about this. There's there's all this talk about will they go get what's his name? Gentle team who's just fun and exciting, right, But they have so many other needs.
Speaker 2: I actually hope they trade back.
Speaker 1: But for the first time last night I was reading about the second and third and fourth best running back in the draft and there's they people are as high on them as anybody. I mean, they sound like there's some good bargains on running backs later in the second and third round.
Speaker 3: Day three, dude, we can go day three too. We need a right guard, we need cornerbacks. This morning you this is I was. I saw this in like a minute after it came out, like six am Adam schefter from ESPN tweets a sleeper team that has emerged is now making a push to sign former Rams free agent watch where Cooper Cup is the Dallas Cowboys. Oh okay, so the Cowboys and Seahawks were finals for them. About an hour later, it's like, oh yeah, the Cowboys are out. It's like, I did SHIFT just tweet that to give ESPN the juice for today sleeper.
Speaker 2: They're a sleeper too, which.
Speaker 3: Cooper Cup is an eight game or ten Game of Year player. You know he's a tank, so if you're gonna pay him, you don't pay much, right. I do think think they need a wide receiver, a veteran wide receiver, because your wide receiver room is ceedee Lamb No.
Speaker 2: Number two. Turpin and Tolbert are your turp is?
Speaker 3: Come on, he's a gimmick. You can't actually have routes. Yeah, exactly. And then you know Mingo and jaylen Brook I'm in on Mingo to someone are definitely worth that fourth. I feel good about Mingo. Someone says to Mingo, this year is my battle cry because the other big names. There's a lot of big names. Stefan Diggs is another one who's like there if you want.
Speaker 2: He's old in a week eight? Uh? Who else is a Mari series? Is he thirty two? Mark Cooper thirty thirty? I can't believe he is that young.
Speaker 3: He's young, and that's what I would That's the guy I think I would love for them to have. But Tyler Lockett's a guy who like didn't get to play much in Sale, but he played for Schottenheimer.
Speaker 2: He lives here too, so there we live to prosper. There's something there. I would have.
Speaker 4: He roa issue with Mary Cooper coming back. I would love it him and Dak were good together. Brandon Cook's back again. I mean, didn't we learn last year?
Speaker 2: That's a bad idea. It's just little. They're gonna they may.
Speaker 3: Draft, they may draft wide receiver, running back in that order, and they first and second round, and I could see it. They're not gonna take a running back in the first round.
Speaker 4: I know that, But I'm just saying you're not gonna draft an offensive lineman or a corner.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They got to trade back and get more picks because they they they don't they have one corner on the roster.
Speaker 2: When's Trayvon going to be back ever. Remember I don't think they don't want him around anymore. On Leslie thing, What do you do? The organization got Mike Leslie's back in that we can't have him around, all right?
Speaker 1: Good stuff there it is around the sports Coming up next KT.
Speaker 2: Where are we going to go in the weekly weekday Update? Man, we've got a fire warning here in DFW. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: And also we're gonna play the world's favorite game show, Dred That news report a yeah right, deis next