Speaker 1: What a day. Yesterday? Now, no nap even though I really needed a nap. I don't know, I don't I just really didn't sleep very well the night before. I wonder what it was about Monday night that may have ruined my slumber. But no, no yesterday, and maybe some of you as well, judging from some tweets I've seen. I threw on the old confirmation here in, the old Pete Hegseth confirmation here in I'm like, what will be happening here? And I had a pretty good You know, if you've seen one of these, you kind of understand how it works. Right, There's clear coordination, and especially if you're the opposition to whoever is getting confirmed, right, you sit there and you're like, all right, Bill, you're gonna take the uh, And then you know, you you identify two or three key points of attack whatever it is. You know, with Kavanaugh obviously it went pretty crazy, but with heg Seth, there are points of attack. Were multiple marriages drink That NBC News article where anonymous sources, although Tim Kaine says they're not anonymous, but they are. I went back and checked, uh, you know, where he was drunk all the time and you know, it's just all the really salacious stuff. Really, the only policy point that they made a core focus was his opinion on women in combat, and then they just spun it into whatever they wanted it to be, right, rather than a delineation of women in combat versus women in roles in the military where they have different standards to get you know, perfect scores on things, or to qualify for this thing, past this whatever it is, you know, which is I think really, I don't know that I've seen polling on this lately, and if if you trust it, but I would think the majority of Americans, if you put the question to them, should there be different standards when it comes to tip of the spear special Forces, you know, all of the and in combat roles right where literally lives are on the line. And it's not to say that there are combat roles where the physicality isn't an issue, right, you know, necessary or as big of an issue, right when you get into like drone operators or pilots or things like that. What we're clearly talking about is, you know, me and Ross are kicking doors somewhere, and Ross takes one in the leg, and I got to drag him two blocks or whatever to extract him from that area so I can get him help. Like the expectation that you're going to be able to do that is well, it's expected. So that's really where where where it landed. The problem was the delivery. I don't think it's enough to repeal the Nineteenth I don't. I don't think they should be serving in the in Congress on the Democrat side. Holy hell, how unhinged are you? That's now Look, that's tongue in cheek kind of. But the exchanges, now, don't get me wrong. There there was insanity for days, right, there was. There was all sorts of insanity, but every I found myself hoping that when they went to one of the female committee members on the Democrat side and the there's a lot of them right the committee, it's a big committee. But also there's a lot of women represented there on the Democrat side of the Republican side, I think it's two right, it's Jony Ernst in one another and it was. It was like a crazy off. And it's not that they were necessarily talking about different stuff. It was the way they were going about it. Let me let me give you an example, Okay, let me give you, let me give you, let's go with let's go with Kirsten Gillibrands. And she was one of the first if you remember, for about five minutes she was a presidential candidate and do you remember, do you remember and this is this is this is good to remember. Do you remember kind of the knock on Gillibrand at the time, not that she wasn't she was very personable, right, except it was like her her campaign strategy was to go to bars, do shooters and post pictures of it, which, by the way, I'm not opposed to I like to go to a bar occasionally do some shooters, right, bemoan the state of my teams. But also that's it was. It was a weird thing. And so the knock on her was she's a little bit of a party girl. Whether that's fair or not. Whatever. Again, she came across in the couple of the debates there is probably pretty personable, right, you know, if you didn't talk politics, you'd probably get along with her. But like that was the rap. They were all they kept posting, We're doing a campaign event at the you know, the whiskey factory here, and she's double fisting. So imagine how hilarious knowing that this exchange should have been for everybody uh watching, and Gillibrand is completely unaware.
Speaker 2: Be allowed to serve with that limitation. You've said yes to that question, but then in all of these other circumstances, you've denigrated active duty service members. We have hundreds, hundreds of women who are currently in the infantry, lethal members of our military serving in the infantry, but you degrade them. You say we need moms, but not in the military, especially in combat units.
Speaker 1: All right, So, and by the way, this is there's so much to unpack with all these cuts. What hag Seth is talking about is something I have heard voiced by members of the military as frustrating to normal order. And that is the if if you are a male member of the military and you're married or not even if you're married, but let's just say you're married, okay, if you're if if if you're married in the military and you're a male member, and as a couple, you get pregnant, obviously your wife gets pregnant. Because we're gonna stick to biology here, Do you then not have to go to Bellusiah, No, you go to Fallujah if that's what your orders are. Now, if you're a female member of the military, you ain't going to Fallusiah. So that is what that actual discussion was about, whether that's fair or not. Again, I never served in the military, so I can relay, and I'm very inquisitive, and I talk to people and I ask questions, and I think I have a general sense of attitudes on some of this stuff. But I've heard that voiced as a frustration, right, because you have that much like the double standards. Now this is this is more of this part. Let's keep going with gillibrand so.
Speaker 2: Specific to Senator Kahnon's question, because Senator Conton was giving you layups to differentiate between different types of combat and specifically, as Secretary, would you take any action to reinstitute the combat arms exclusion for female service members, knowing full well you have hundreds of women doing that job right now. And the standards your two mile round, Tom is about the Army combat fitness test. It is not the requirements to have an Mos eleven Bravo, which is the infantry.
Speaker 1: These are yeah, and cotton. He kind of screwed up on that delivery there and she's jumping on it, but he didn't say that. He used the word miles instead of minutes twice and it got a little confusing, So she's kind of feasting on.
Speaker 2: That are the requirements today for people serving in the industry, men and women. They are gender neutrals, and they are very difficult to meet.
Speaker 1: Well, actually that's not true. I actually have the chart here for here's qualifications, and this is this is kind of the big one qualifications, minimum qualifications and top all the way up to top score. The different percentiles for women and men when it comes to strength right for you know, for various lifts and activities. And the chart, which is the US Army's chart, has two sections men and women with vastly different numbers all right, in fact, ross, what are you? Is this deadlift? What is this? What do you deadlift? Do you know? I don't know if you do that as part of your workout? What is your what's your what's your no idea? You have no idea? Okay, do you think you could do two forty? Probably? I mean probably, yeah, I could do two forty. Yeah, two forty that's uh, that's that'll get you a top score on this chart. For women men have to do three? Is it three? I think it's three fifty here, So I don't know what the hell she's talking about. Now that's top score. But also there's a different it differentiates all along the various things there. Now we can argue, you know, which, you know, is it important for there to be the same standards? And that should have been the discussion, and it kind of was for some, But in reality it's I think that it's that part where you being able to pick up your fellow service member and get them out of there with which people envision in their mind when they're asking.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I think the only thing that people really care about is can you pull somebody out of a foxhole if they're getting shot at or whatever?
Speaker 1: Like dude. Yeah, And I saw one of the rebuttals. I don't think I sent it in the cut. One of the other Democrats said, you know, how many service members weigh more than two forty when they're in full kit? Most of them? Probably how much? How much? I mean, what are we talking about? Forty to one hundred pounds? Especially when you get into some of these guys who are really juiced out, like we're not if they're naked. It is usually not the situation you're dealing with. You're dealing with them and in you know, everything that they brought to fight. So it's so much absurd.
Speaker 2: I've not been produced in any way. And our combat units, our infantry, is lethal, So please explain specifically, because you will be in charge of three million personnel.
Speaker 1: All right, they kept all right, So she and honestly, she's the least unhinged. And I think it was because she was like up towards the front there. Yeah, so she cherry picks one thing. And here's the deal of the quote, hundreds of lethal women in combat roles. Hegsa's position, as he explained yesterday. And you can agree or disagree, or you can say you don't think it was his position all the time. Whatever his position yesterday was every one of them if they can meet whatever the standards are that well, you know, the minimum standards. He didn't object to that, and some people do. Some people say, hey, look, even if you can do the work, inherently, men, how you know, will will are more likely to try to protect women, you know, let's say, where they get into the psychology of it. And and I don't think that's necessarily a game winning point there, Uh, but I think it's definitely debatable.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And there have been studies where you have uh, you know, gender integrated units and their efficiency was studied against mail units and it showed that the male units did better, and then it was called sexist, and then they scrapped it. It was their own study. Now can you recreate it? Maybe they will and maybe they should the and then Gilibramma, it's not in that cut there. She She also brought up the drinking thing, and I just bust out laughing. I'm like, you were you were. Your whole presidential campaign was you go in the bar doing shooters, So like what do you get your box wine? Sit down, your time's up, and let's move on. But then we got to we got to Jean Shaheen and Elizabeth Warren, Tammy Duckworth and it was in Mazi Herono or the Chick from Hawaii, and it just escalated from there and uh, we'll we'll, Tim Kaine, I mean.
Speaker 3: How does the awarding work? Like, does does hag Seth get a silver star or a bronze star for dealing with these shrieking banshees yesterday, like does he get a medal? Like, how does it work?
Speaker 1: Well, you saw my tweet yesterday this morning. Yeah, that was the one I sent you for the audio. It was uh and I just said, uh, hey military folks, uh you got you got an eight hour assignment. Would you rather kick doors in Fallujah or sit through this? This is what happens when he stacked.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I didn't read what you said because it was like two minutes before the sh But yeah, I mean he should get something for that, right, right, common val or something? Yeah, I mean, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's get them some Let's get them some clusters too. Geez man, Oh you Rogie got so lucky not watching that thing. I turned it out.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 3: I had a whole conversation with Marky yesterday. I'm like, I'm like, I know this is what everybody's talking about, but like I'm scrolling through and I'm seeing just the still images of the video of these women yelling. I'm like, I have no, I have no, And then they did not participate.
Speaker 1: The cat meme. You saw the cat with the or the cats sitting eating the salad and the woman screaming.
Speaker 3: And then nobody can envision it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, exactly, and then Elizabeth Warren did the meme, so yeah, yeah, her mouth is open like she's a demon, and Hegg says face is just like I'll find it and retweet it. It's just a chef's kiss. Man. Yeah, yeah, no, you you lucked out. It was pretty crazy. So I'm sitting there and I am about halfway through it and all of a sudden, everything shuts off. My power went out, and uh. I looked outside and I found out that they they were actually working on the power line right out in front of my house, so which I didn't realize, and I guess they, I don't know, stuck a screwdriver somewhere they shouldn't. Power went out, and my first thought was, thank you Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a gift.
Speaker 1: Oh my goods. And then it came on like two minutes later. I'm like, oh, man, like I was, you know, maybe slipped the guy a hund row outside, like, hey, can you knock out power to my whole neighborhood again for like I don't know, another four hours by yourself something nice? But yeah, it was holy cow. So we'll we'll dive through if you were lucky enough to like Ross to not see this, but you still want a little flavor of what you missed. We're your guys. Okay, we're your guys, and we'll get to that and so much more coming up. It is the CaCO Day Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven five. I'm just seeing it is all of our audio. I think all of our audio is that. Oh no, there's something else, a potential cage match. I'll explain next hang them what the hag Seth? And I guess anyone who tuned in was subjected to yesterday, and that is the confirmation hearing of Pete haig Seth, which in its totality I don't know is necessarily over. But I don't know what they've stated. How much longer from a rounds? There was a request to do another round of questioning and it wasn't immediately granted, I don't know what the status is, but yesterday's was. Yeah, everybody got their turn, Senator most senators from North Carolina on that committee, so Senator Slenderman and Senator Bud got their questions in. There wasn't anything really groundbreaking there, Bud was mostly talking about recruiting stuff, which you know, that's it's interesting because since the election, recruitment numbers have gone up and not like just a little so watching some of the Democrat senators during that part of the discussion pretend like Trump coming into office and and a pledge to end the insanity. The DEI stuff wasn't impactful for recruiting. You can't make that argument. And and they were tipping their own hand there, you know, the what was the the way that they were advertising for recruiting people. You know, there's a meme for that, right and it literally they they did the meme where at the beginning of the Biden administration you had all these very woke remember some of the woke ads. What was there was one with a woman and her mom and it started. It was a cartoonish kind of thing, and I like, it was so incredibly woke and stupid that initially I'm like, there's no way the D or the the the D O D put that out right, And then you find out they did. And then by towards the end of the Biden thing, it's a bunch of you know, a bunch of badasses running through mud and you know, at the battle, and it really played to the macho side of it. And there's a reason for that, right, because they're recruiting numbers cratered when they were doing this stuff. Cratered absolutely undeniably. We can see the numbers. And so the joke is, well, as soon as you stop insulting basically a bunch of you know, white dudes who really are the core of who's signing up there, it's got you know, it's men obviously primarily, but a big chunk of our militaries, white guys. As soon as you basically decide that you're not even gonna market to them or create an environment where they think that they will have an inability to advance, right, which is with this DEI stuff. It creates those scenarios. It creates scenarios, and you don't have to be in the military for that. You could be at a Fortune five hundred company and know that as a as a straight white male, the likelihood of you advancing is more difficult. And some people go, well it should because forever they were the ones who ad Well, if you think it was wrong, then right, it's the amount of hypocrisy is crazy. So with all of this in mind, and this argument over I don't think. I don't think women have the temperament to serve in the Senate. On the Democrat side, Joni Ernst had a very normal conversation. Remember she's been critical of heg Seth, and she talked about the women in the military issue because she herself, I don't know if she's still in the Iowa National Guard. She served in a reserve capacity, in a National Guard capacity, And they had a normal adult conversation about this. And yet every time they would go over on the other side of the aisle, it was, what's you know, now, let's go to Senator Shaheen, right, and then it's like, what insanity is going to escape this woman's mouth?
Speaker 5: In your book The War on Warriors, with the chapter the Deadly Obsession with Women Warriors that quote, not only are women comparatively less effective than men in combat roles, but they are more likely to be objectified by the enemy and their own nation in the moral realms of war.
Speaker 1: All right, So yes, so she's about to take umbrage one with the very same study that I mentioned earlier about the effectiveness of integrated groups of tip of the Spear warriors and all male groups and efficiency, and they studied a lot of different aspects, like the way that people worked together, right, and it was clear that's why they scrapped it because they called it sexist. But also she's about to take issue with the fact that if four soldiers, two women and two men get captured by the enemy, that the women are more likely to be raped or sexually assaulted. I'm sorry, have you heard of Hamas? Now, don't get me wrong, they raped some dudes too, But like every single female captive of Hamas that had that I've seen an interview with who is willing to talk about this. It wasn't just beatings. It was a whole lot of rapn Okay, that's what she's about to take issue with the And it's a horrible it's it's horrendous and it's heinous, but it's not wrong. So for him to mention this thing, which instinctively, if you got people who've never heard of politics in a room and you and you showed them some e four dudes, some e four women, and you know, with a little bit of time in there, and if they got captured, and you asked, all right, who are the brutal capturers that run the Hanoi Hilton or the you know whatever it is. Who are they most likely to rape? You'd have to be an idiot because most of you know, the enemies are don't have women in combat roles, so you're likely being captured by men.
Speaker 5: Mister haig Seth, should we take it to believe that you believe that the two women on this committee, who have served honorably and with distinction, made our military less effective and less capable.
Speaker 3: I'm incredibly greatful.
Speaker 1: By the way the two women in this committee did not serve in the in that specific door kicking on the ground, tip of the spear style mos right now. Don't get me wrong. That doesn't mean they didn't serve in combat. Duckworth did. I can't remember what all she flies. But my point is it's a disingenuous question because your own study within the within the army, in certain scenarios that were studied, said that they were less effective. Now you could argue, maybe it's not a big enough sample size. And I absolutely believe that there are women that can go in and do these things and it doesn't get emotional, and they form bonds that are the exact same and and and all of that. But I also believe the study you guys did probably is not all fake, right, But I don't know. I haven't I haven't served in that capacity, served in any capacity in the military, let alone that, So I don't know. But like we're it turned into arguing truths. And I'm sorry military members of the military get captured, and they get captured by enemies that are willing to do horrible stuff to them, summary executions, beatings, all of the rapes, whatever it is. You can't convince me that a female soldier isn't more like to suffer the last thing.
Speaker 3: Now, it's so dumb, Like you said, you don't need these studies. It's what they're going to do. They don't let their women walk around without being covered up. What do you think they're going to do to a female soldier if they get one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't have a lot of respect for women, Like they're kind of like an Eagles fan.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, so that guy got fired. Did you see that video of that dude's screaming at the packers lady calling her the sea word? Oh? I guess that the internet found him out. But anyway, back to this. Yeah, No, to Ross's point, you just have to have a functioning brain. So while she's not screaming as much as some of her counterparts, it's what's coming out of her mouth.
Speaker 7: For the for the two women who've served our military in uniform and including in the Central Intelligence Agency, contributions on the battlefield, indispensable contribution. Senator, I would like to clarify when I'm talking about that issue, it's not about the capabilities of men and women. It's about standards. And this committee has talked a lot about standards. Standards what that we unfortunately over time, have seen eroded in certain duty positions, certain schools, certain places, which affects readiness, which is what I care about the most readies.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. And so how time.
Speaker 7: And time again to standards.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know I read a thing yesterday, a post by a former Army ranger and he said in his post, and he's he's pretty well known. His name escapes me right now, but he's he was talking about an incident. So he had he had one of the top five PT scores in his entire battalion. So this Army ranger yoked right, and he was talking about an incident in Iraq when he was serving where one of these fellow rangers got wounded and incapac couldn't walk even and he had to haul him. I think it was about three hundred yards and he said he was he said he after he did it, he felt as though he had never lifted weights in his whole life, because it's just a combination of, you know, another dude is probably pretty jacked and everything that a ranger wears, the you know, the kit is very heavy, and then in that situation having to move it. And he said that he himself literally was part. He had to like sit down after that and was just kind of rest his muscles. It was so physically strenuous, that's what we're talking about. And it turned into hypotheticals and what ifs and weird weird there what was the There was one really weird scenario that came up. I'll try to remember what it is. Let's listen to Elizabeth Warren though get kind of owned other words, you're quite shut, all right. So, and by the way, her beef is heg Seth has voice support for a position that Trump is in support of. And that is where you cannot be a general and then immediately go to this. Remember the wayde Austin had been retired for enough years to be able to go ahead and do it. So and I think they want to make that number go higher. So that's what this thing is. So her gotcha, Elizabeth Warrens gotcha is because haig Seth was a military member, and it like she didn't think this through. So that's the context here.
Speaker 4: In other words, you're quite sure that every general who serves should not go directly into the defense industry for ten years. You're not willing to make that same pledge.
Speaker 7: I'm not a general, Senator, you'll be the one.
Speaker 4: Let us just be clear in charge of the generals.
Speaker 1: I mean if I'm assuming she came up with that, because I I would like to think that her staffers know that he wasn't a general. And but this is what they're talking about. There's a lot of there's a lot of concern with somebody who is still in a in a in this decision making process right or at least has input on this, who may be looking at retiring in two years, who's cozying up to his next big gig at Lockheed Martin and so Lockheed Martin maybe is the name he brings up for a project that he has some perview like this is what this is about. I didn't even understand it. I wish you just would have scream like the rest of them over the other stuff. So all right, yeah, well, let's let me do this. We'll go ahead and hit the brake. You know, lots more of this the app I'm torturing you, I understand, but it will get better. And then we have a few stories that, frankly, have nothing to do with this, because if not, I think we'd all pass out. All right, six forty eight, Hang on, We're torturing you with audio from Pete Hags says confirmation hearing yesterday, because I tortured myself with it, and I'm not gonna suffer alone. We're all gonna listen to Tammy Duck where it's scream like a lunatic.
Speaker 8: Miss Hexa. This is we ask our troops to go into harm's way all the time. We ask them to go into harm's way. And this behind me is a copy of the soldier's creed, a copy that usually hangs over my desk here in the sun. And you should be familiar with it. It's the same copy that hung over my desk at Well to read every single day that I woke up and fought my way.
Speaker 1: Back again with just measured tone. You don't have to yell, you don't have to raise your voice. This is when people start tuning out what you're saying.
Speaker 8: Because I wanted to go back and serve next to my buddies who saved my life. The same copy.
Speaker 3: These words I repeated.
Speaker 8: Over and over and over again, and I mean read out two things to you, two sentences. I will always place the mission first. And I am disciplined physically and mentally, tough, train and proficient and my warrior task. Mister Heckseth, our troops follow these words every single day, and they mean if.
Speaker 1: You have to make accommodations, and it does not, and you do not have especially when you get into specialized missions, which she's you know, she talked about in length as part of her questioning as well. And and you you you rig it so that it is not a meritocracy, then you're not putting the mission first.
Speaker 8: But go on, man up, and they pack their ruts acts and they go to war, and they deserve a leader.
Speaker 1: Well not Tim Walls. Not he not not not Tim Tim Walls. He uh, he does something else.
Speaker 8: Can lead them, not a leader who wants to lower the standards for himself, but raising the standards for other people. And by the way, our troops already meet the state, and we asked troops of man that ship, fight that fire fly, that helicopter into their very last breath, and they do that every single day.
Speaker 1: And again she keeps talking about the standards, which are like she's acknowledging that they're lowered, but artificially lowered in some instance, isn't and and expects you just to readily accept it. It's everything. It was just all such garbage. And frankly, as as you know, as a veteran herself and somebody who was severely injured serving right, she should be able to bring a pretty unique perspective. Frankly, they didn't touch on any VA stuff. Oh there was hold on. There was one conversation about like after care for soldiers, but it was all gotcha stuff, and Duckworth isn't going there. It's just like she couldn't even cobble together a better way to try to embarrass Pete hag Seth and that in and of itself is embarrassing.
Speaker 8: They cannot be led by someone who's not competent to do the job. How can we ask these warriors who train and perform the absolute highest standards when you are asking us to lower the standards to make you the secret of defense simply because you are buddies with our president elect. And by the way, he has filed for bankruptcy six times, I'm not quite sure he's the kind of CEO you want to refer to as a successful business.
Speaker 1: Like she say, this is a senator. This is a senator who literally used the dumb like one of the dumbest Trump attacks out there, Like it's so late, it's Twitter troll worthy. Right, he filed for bankruptcy six times? Yeah, how many different companies did he did he start? Oh, it's in the hundreds. Okay. I don't know if you know this, especially like if you go on the restaurant side of things, I don't know if you know this. They have a failure rate that's pretty significant. So it's just so lazy. I expect better, even from an attack standpoint, and she just not bringing it. Man, I just I can't with her. I just because he can't.
Speaker 3: The bankruptcy thing. It reminds me of like, you know, like you date these girls in my early twenties and you'd get in these arguments and then suddenly, like part of the argument would be something that had nothing to do with what we were talking, Like what did that have to do with anything? It was just a petty, cheap attack. Man.
Speaker 1: It means you're losing the argument or the discussion, or you feel that you are, because there's no reason to pivot there if you if you think you have that, you know what it is. It's that Bill burd bit right, that Bill where he's talking it where he's talking about how women argue spot on. Man, I'm not trying to make this a sexist thing. And frankly, if if we were just talking, even if they were just attacking them over that stuff, and they wouldn't, but they brought up the women thing. This is their point of attack. So you're demanding that I analyze your point here, and so that's why we're doing this. And you're making the point like would you would you want Tammy Duckworth or Jean Shaheen or Kirsten gillibrand would you want them leading you into battle. Would you want them managing your business? Would you want to work for them? Like you said earlier in the show, it's the cat meme, it's the crazy whatever it is reality TV woman pointing at the cat hysterically and the cat just sitting there like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with the dude who stay in calm when you jackals are just screaming at him for hours over nothing like you say, look you can tell right like you mute a video, Mute a video. As I was watching in my feed yesterday, scrolling through and I'm like, you know, what is what are these hearings about? And I'm just watching with the mute off, you know, the volume off, and these women are looking at hysterical, and I'm like, I'm not gonna have any part of this because they're not I am not participating. Watch a video of Hitler. You don't need to have it with the music on, just just just mute it. You're like, you're looking at that dude. You're like that dude's crazy. Yeah, it's out of his mind. These women are looking nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just embarrassing. And then Fox, so I watched it streaming through YouTube on Fox just because I had my Apple, I watched stuff through my Apple TV and Fox for their stream they had like this weird I don't know if it was like on the broadcast network, but they had a fix shot on hegseth and then they had in the bottom corner they had the other camera which occasionally would point at whatever senator was talking, but also it would like wander around the room. And I don't know if it was one of those robocameras, if you don't know what those are, those are very popular, like there's a lot of newsrooms who use those, especially in smaller markets. Because the thing was going crazy and it kept like zooming in and looking all but it was very telling because right after one of these women would get done screaming like a lunatic and they would go to the next senator, the camera wouldn't cut away from them, and within ten seconds they were joking and smiling with each other.
Speaker 3: The other theater kids. Man, it's a performator.
Speaker 1: And it's like you couldn't even keep a straight face after you just got done accusing him. And the one where I saw it was Herono from Hawaii. Listen, I want you got this audio is insane, and I want you to know that a moment after she got done with what you're going to hear, she cracked a joke with the woman who sits next to her. I remember what that woman's name, that senator's name is, and they're just laughing, having a good old time. And I'm like, if you believe what you just said, then you should be doing everything in your power to make sure this guy doesn't get in in the most serious manner. The thing is, you don't believe it, and you poison pilled your own question. Listen to this.
Speaker 9: Would you use our military to take over Greenland or an ally of Denmark?
Speaker 1: Senator?
Speaker 7: One of the things that President Trump is so good at is never strategically tipping his hand, and so I would never, in this public forum give one way or another, present any context that.
Speaker 9: Sounds to me that you would contemplate carrying out such an order to basically invade Greenland and take over the Panama Canal.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, hold on one ross, Do you have a map? Is Panama Canal in Greenland?
Speaker 6: Check it?
Speaker 1: Oh it's not okay. We're talking about two very different in different areas of the world. Yes, ah, but you know, but the same rough temperature, probably.
Speaker 3: Not exactly Okay, a little different.
Speaker 1: I'll have to check that out. But I absolutely think that the US military could be used in relation to the Panama Canal. Hear me out. I'm not saying we go invade Panama, but if China, let's China, who basically controls most of the maritime services on the career be inside of the canal and is very quickly acquiring a lot of the contractor companies and they're Chinese companies come in and then they bid on these and they bit very low because essentially they're bringing over some workers and it's all so very corrupt. They are. They are very quickly getting a much stronger foothold on the Panama City side, on the Pacific side. And so if China decided, let's say China just had enough flex that they could do something to disrupt or bar US ships from coming through the canal. You're telling me we wouldn't put the six fleet out there just chilling to make a point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we would, because it would cripple our economy. Doesn't need that. China could be like crazy pirates show up and say this is our canal. Now, really, we're gonna blow you out of the water, right, Yeah, because that's that's not gonna happen, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna our battleship's gonna sink yours, so to speak, absolutely, and then and so to then get the the the the Secretary of Defense on the record that they wouldn't do that. It's one it's not his decision. It would be the president's decision, and also Congress, depending on how far that it went through there, it's not his. It's not heg Sas or whoever's in that role's decision. But I just gave you a very real world scenario where the use of military you don't even have to fire a shot, right. A lot of times it ain't about we don't have these big aircraft carriers and battleships necessarily nowadays to start shooting at people. Sometimes we do, but it's about the flex which is why when something's heaten up, what do we do. We send a bunch of ships to those look absolutely terrifying within the view of wherever the Shenanigans are happening, and it sends a message. And we've done it to China, and we do it to North Korea, right when we do. We do the military games with South Korea.
Speaker 3: A lot of times, a lot of times when we send the ships, we'll even take a few hits before we retaliate.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I've seen this before, right where they're like, oh, they've they've shot what was the last time with some pirates or something I just mentioned there. It was a pirate. They were like shooting stuff out of their ships, our giant destroyers. So we were like, what is this guy? And we let him do it a few times, and they were like, all right, well now you're gone. Now we're to it, you're gone.
Speaker 1: Well, the hois the Hoothies are a good example.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's what I was thinking about.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, they kept shooting and they did they I think they injured a couple of people, they didn't kill anyone, and we and we didn't do anything right away. And then finally we're just like, hey, you guys want a free health fire, All right, we go we got one for here you go, buddy, like, yeah, that's what that's so? And and she knows this, right if I would hope she knows this. She serves on the Armed Services Committee what you You have to be five years old to know that if you cut off the access to the Panama Canal to US US interests, right, and he yeah, this is doesn't have to be a US owned ship, but ship going to or from the US, or a company where there might be investors from the US. It would be financially devastating in very short order and would impact our military abilities too for obvious reasons. So yes, very much, one thousand percent the idea that the US military could be utilized in relation to something with the Panama Canal. Absolutely absolutely. Greenland, let's say, I don't know, say China went in there and took over Greenland, Like these are some of these are crazy scenarios. But but this lunatic is just once you get him on the record for that. And then one of the others who did the Ashon thing, well, I thought it was Herona at first, I didn't see it. I was making some food or whatever. It was it Gillibrand or Shaheen.
Speaker 3: It was Shaheen. It was her. Audio was like seven minutes long, and I just cut out like two minutes that we could do.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this doesn't have that part in it, right, no, no.
Speaker 3: It does. But she goes on for a while about that.
Speaker 1: So she's fighting, so she starts asking really obscure questions, and at one point she asked him about Ashan. Do you guys know what Ahon is? I don't. I thought it was a musical artist, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I heard it was a convict, right, was.
Speaker 1: Do one of those prison ones over the phone to put an album out?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know what ah so. Ashan is a small collective of countries in in like the Philippines is in Ashan and East timor right, which if you know where that is, it's basically, you know, uh, you know, right next to Indonesia there and and like a couple of the really small islands and and the point is nobody knows what that is. And I and Pete hag Seth didn't know about this thing called a Sean or specifically what it was, although he seemed to know that they had a military alliance down or not a military alliance a thin, it's a trade and protective alliance, so some of its military. I had to look it up. I didn't know. But I also don't think I don't think that necessarily that's disqualified I think you task yourself with finding the most obscure thing because you thought it scored you points.
Speaker 3: This is why I'm so sort of like mentally checked out of these hearings. It's because I know whoever they are going to put up there and sit up in front of them, they're going to act like this, and it's completely irrational. And then it goes to the other point where when they're off camera, suddenly they're going to be joking around like it's not the most serious thing. So none of it. I don't take any of it serious. Yeah, whoever they bring up, bring up Matrix from the movie Commando as if he was a real guy, and he's going to be like in charge of the Department of Defense. They're gonna find something wrong with whoever it is, whoever is the it's And we saw this during the hearings for for Supreme Court. Right, whoever they bring up, right Cavanaugh, Cavanaugh suddenly like, oh, well, he was a horrible serial rapist in high school and he had lines in his house. Shut up, I don't tell anything you say seriously anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh he was a boofer?
Speaker 3: Right, Oh don't you can't forget about the boofing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lots of boofing soda, and then it all just blends together. Do you know how many secrets these women could find out from detainees if you put them all in the room at the same time. Oh oh oh, all right, sorry, I thought it needed three os. Oh man. Uh and we're not even done with this. We'll get into the Tim Kaine stuff. Uh, Mark Way mullen, let's see, all right, Yeah, we got we got a bunch to go. And I promised you something that's not this so that your ears can stop bleeding for five minutes. Wait till I tell you what's going down at a theater in Paris. That's not part of the Inglorious Bastards movie. It's a different one. We'll get into it coming up next. Hang on, I had not I have not seen eighteen to twenty two inches forecast and Durham of snow next Wednesday. So I have not seen that. Oh and so said that, and then they change it to four inches. I bets that people were freaking out. Yeah. I don't know Oka, but well we'll definitely ask him how much snow he thinks. Okay, so I'll get to that, all right, couple of things. I'm gonna tell you about this this theater story real quick, but let me let me so ross. While I'm watching all this garbage yesterday, I got it on on the you know, on the TV there. But I'm you know, I'm jacking around the phone. I'm looking at some stuff on Twitter, but I've decidedly not really kind of looking at stuff surrounding the hearing, and I got into this rabbit hole man, which makes a lot of sense when you think about it. Have you seen the collection of Chinese electric vehicle videos where they're they're like dash cams and stuff, and so it's crazy that it's crazy because China builds electric vehicles, but like a lot of things with Chinese made products, they're not real good. They haven't stole enough tech, I guess yet. So there's tons of videos of some little Chinese girl driving because a lot of these are really tiny, little tiny cars, right, and they look kitted out inside. Mean, they look really kind of futuristic, but the tech doesn't work. So they'll be driving along and then randomly, even with drive when the drivers clearly assist the car will be like I want to go one hundred in the opposing way of traffic, and then it'll just do it. It'll just wig out, flip out, and then you see the driver trying to stop. It can't do anything. There's one where that takes out a whole line of people on motorcycles because there's a lot of motorcycles in China, and the girls like, she can't do anything. So it's a very dark rabbit hole. But like apparently it happens a lot, usually not to that extent, but the cars just randomly go, yeah, you know what, I I don't want to be in one piece anymore, and then just and then they just crazy accelerate. The one is on a bridge, so it's like three lanes one way, three lanes the other, and the cars, you know, normal traffic. It's the motorcycle one and it jumps the divider and goes flying into the motorcycles there, and it's just whoo, why would you I one of those? What would possess you? There's so many examples of those. And then also Russians because Russia buys a lot of Chinese stuff and I guess they sell them in Russia, and everybody in Russia I think has a dash cam. Have you ever noticed that it's really for insurance purposes. Probably, But so there's tons of this video out there. Holy cow. All right, so that's a thing. But it all again, it makes sense when you think about it, all right. So let's go to this this other story though. I want you, here's what I want. I want you in your mind to envision who you think the board of directors or the management group of a historic theater in Paris would be. Probably, uh, well, theater kids, right, theater people probably pretty smug, I know this is stereotypical. Probably pretty smug Uppercruss society folks, probably very liberal time. So with that in mind, here we go. The got I am when it comes to French pronunciations, throw me in with forgill a. I like whatever. It's a theater gate Lrique theater in Paris.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So it's a big, big old player. It looks like a you know, nice theater. And so they decided they were going to do something to show how woke and and accepting they are. So they decided to put together a free movie event for African migrants, right North African migrants at the theater. That was December tenth, and the event was entitled Reinventing the Welcome, and so they put out a thing and said, hey, some of the French are being mean to the the the migrants or the refugees here and worse. Oho, we're going to do a whole thing and show them that we really care. So that was December tenth. So they do the thing, They show the movie, they have some speakers, and then the event's over. What do you think happens? They refuse to leave. They went, oh this is kind of nice. Oh there's a bunch of baty.
Speaker 3: They love the show so much. They were like encore.
Speaker 1: They've been there since. Yeah, they've been there since. They have now occupied this theater for what five weeks? Five weeks the show They really like the show. No, they're just living in there and destroying it. And they're not just destroying it in all of the irony here. Attached to the theater is a calf like a coffee shop, you know, Paris cafe kind of thing that is owned and operated by an Algerian refugee who came years before. She's going to go out of business. The theater is going to go out of business. The theater is getting no money and they're still having to pay the bill, and they can't get the police to throw them out of there because they have they're they're claiming asylum in the theater or something. I don't know how French law works, but basically it's it's part that in part not being able to you know, like the squatters, they're basically squatters and they're protected.
Speaker 3: I for one am shocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is what FAFO was made for, right because you know the wokism that went into doing that thing, which admittedly is not a it's not a terrible thing, but also it's like not out of the realm of possibility. And by the way, more migrants keep showing up, so you have I think they have three hundred in there now and initially there was two fifty. So like they're calling their friends and they're all just living in the theater. And of course because because and they're not shopping at this woman's cafe, he's not doing any business from them, because you have organizations that essentially are bringing them food at this building they've taken over. It's just craziness. Man. The sanitary conditions, as you can imagine, are awful, and and like some of the quotes in here. Management issued a statement last week that the number of people is continuing to increase, the sanitary conditions are deteriorating, and that they had called local authorities to help them find a housing solution. But then they wrote this in their own this is the board. I guess this is they wrote this in their own statement. They said, although the occupation is forced, it is unthinkable to throw these people out in the street. It is imperative the government find suitable housing for them. So I guess at least you're you're sticking with what you got here. But like, how how the whole world isn't red pilled on, how this experiment is going on is beyond me. And it doesn't mean you have to deny the humanity of people, but you you have very different cultural things, and it used to be it was acceptable to say, hey, we don't do that here, right, we don't. We don't marry twelve year olds here, we don't do that here. So if you're gonna come here, you don't do that here.
Speaker 3: I mean, you do have a segment of these populations right in the UK and in Germany where you're like, you know, hey, this isn't right, Like you said, this isn't how we do things here, right, this isn't our traditions. The problem is when they call those things out, they're called racist bigots. And now it's when you've seen in the UK you can get arrested. You even post on Facebook like hey, you know, I don't really agree with this. I don't think we should be doing this like we're gonna show at your house and thuring in prison? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or did you see in Ireland where they were where they were forced walking those young women because they just they went in this little town. And if you're if you go to Ireland, and I'm sure many of you have been to Ireland, it's it's it's it's crazy beautiful and it's just so green and everything's going on and they have Yeah, you go to the bigger cities, but I would encourage you to go to some of the smaller ones. I mean, it's it's really really even if it's like even to can Sail or something down on the south coast, which I know some tours go there, but it's not a very big town. And so they took a one that is much smaller than that, and they built a giant migrant center there, and then they blocked the road like the main road, that you can't drive down it and you can't walk down it because they and they have cameras all of the center that are pointing out and so some like women went there. And because the guys leave the centers mostly men, and they're coming into town and they're just harassing the women, so the women decided to go protest it. And you saw the Irish police essentially man handling these women who weren't attacking anybody. They were standing there chanting stuff on a public road. Admittedly, I don't know how the laws in Ireland work about public property. But yeah, again, it's all of this stuff. And it's not to say that there are not people who migrate or who claim asylum who are who are not being persecuted. That's the thing. We understand that there are a lot of bad actor governments all around there, but this ain't it man. And and for the theater people be like, no, it's fine, that's crazy. You're probably gonna go out of business. You're the board, you have a fiduciary responsibility. I don't know how it's all set up with this theater. But if they have a board, it might be a nonprofit kind of thing. People are just nuts. All right. Let's talk about some weather Shelby with Jeff Mark. So somebody sent me an email. I didn't see this in a pan. It doesn't look like it. So the apple weather app yesterday or the Apple Weather yesterday forecast twenty inches of snow and Durham next Wednesday. Yeah, now it says five. Is there something that's changed? It is fine, even accurate for when? Yeah it says next Wednesday.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, we probably see some snow. I don't think we'll see twenty inches of snow.
Speaker 1: But yes, I don't know what the app. But I thought it was maybe the app street up. Then I thought maybe something changed. All right, so let's let's talk about what to expect, and let's try to get a little into next week.
Speaker 10: Yeah, cold as we head through this morning, and so below average this afternoon, but temperatures will be on the upswing end of the weekend. We'll get into the low fifties. But then here comes the Arctic air behind your front. As we head into Monday, we'll see sunshine only hit the mid thirties. Lows on Monday night and Tuesday morning in the load to mid teens. So it's going to get even colder next week, back the coldest weather so far this winter on the way, and in the meantime cold if you head out this morning early, then some afternoon sun breezy, a high thirty seven down to twenty with clear conditions tonight, Sunday tomorrow up to forty nine. We'll hit the upper forties Friday with some sunshine, low fifties with periods of rain this weekend ahead.
Speaker 1: Of the cold front.
Speaker 10: Then behind that front the clearing trend and the colder air moving in for Monday, with the high in the mid thirties.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, sir, to appreciate it, and we will be right back hang on yesterday. Just so, Rachel Maddow, if you don't remember, currently is only hosting Mondays. I guess which way? Why is this a thing now? In that because isn't that what Jon Stewart does? Doesn't he only do mondays on the Daily Show? That's weird anyway, So she's only doing Mondays. And if you remember, obviously she was the lead shrieker during Trump's first term, including very very starkly her assessment of his inauguration speech, which she like basically called a Hitler speech, and that was the darkest thing she'd ever heard. And MSNBC and CNN and others have been trying to pretend that they weren't like this, and then they decide that she's going to host five nights a week for the first hundred days of Trump in there, so you're you're clearly returning to it. It didn't make sense to me. But then yesterday, so that was two days ago, they announced that. Yesterday MSNBC had Rashida Jones announced she was leaving. She was she's out. They didn't fire her, she's leaving, and she just she chose the day after this decision was made to do it. So I'm I'm miss I think maybe she's trying to burn it. She's doing to Biden man, burn it down on your way out. That's the only thing that makes sense. And she'd been running the network for four years too, so it's not like she just got there. Yeah, And of course they're they're you know, everyone's got Shane because she was the first black woman to run a major TV news network.
Speaker 3: You know, I really remembered that, like it's it's clear in my mind that Trump inauguration like that speech, I can't I got I came here on what twenty eleven in this show, so it was Obama's first term and then through the first selection against Romney, and this was like the first you know, conservative Republican president on the show that we were going to be covering. And I watched this speech. I was very curious about. I think we all were about how Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was, how he talked on the great campaign, Yeah.
Speaker 3: How is this going to be? I remember watching this in my living room and I watched it and I was like, that was a great speech. That was that I felt uplifted. I thought it was inspiring. It wasn't crazy, it wasn't out there. It made a lot of sense. He was saying good things. And I immediately went over to MSNBC and I'm like, I'm like they had to be like, hey, that wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be. And like you said, I remember Rachel Maddow looking at the screen being like, this is the darkest speech we have ever heard. I'm like, what are they talking about? And it was so apparent at that moment how incredibly biased they actually were, because it's like, where did you get that from? There's any way you could watch that speech and be like that was an evil, dark speech.
Speaker 1: It used to be. And I'll tell you the other thing that I used to do, but then it got so much of it once Trump got in there is I remember going back to covering Bush and then obviously into Obama and all that. One of the things I would do is like, every time the State of the Union got done, where do you think I was gonna go? Well, if it was a Republican with Bush, I want to I'm gonna go over to MSNBC and I want to hear the crazy, like I would actively seek it out. And then with with with Obama, I want to see what Fox and I, you know, let's figure out what they're gonna flip out about. And then if Republican gave a speech like the you know, the the counter speech that that happens after, then I'm gonna go to CNN and see what they're saying. But MSNBC used to be the gold standard for that insanity, but then the insanity was everywhere, and so it kind of lost that luster. And it's because of exactly what Ross is talking about. The the idea, Like, it's comical that you would think that, Like I I exaggerate for not facts necessarily, but I like exaggerate emotionally about stuff, right most of the time. It's it's it's for humor. She was dead serious, man, Like, I don't honestly think we should send the email senators on that committee to Guantanamo to torture detainees to extract information. I don't really mean that. That's that's uh, it's it's uh. What was the term that they used instead of line, it's puffery. Puffery. I remember the first time I heard that, I'm like, wait, so if you lie about yourself, it's puffery and it's not lyne okay, good, all of that stupidity. But now we just got it would turned on like a like a fire hose, and I just can't anymore, and I think a lot of people just can't. So it boggles the mind why you're going to bring in Rachel Maddow, who was willing to do that, to be really the lead for your network for the first hundred days. Can you imagine the Can you imagine how deep a depression you're going to have if you only consume Rachel maddout the days a week for the first hundred days.
Speaker 3: That's what I was just thinking, because you do have these people, these like drones that are sitting at home watching the TV, and this is all they consume, and they're like, well, Rachel Maddow just said, that was the darkest speech we've ever had, you know, as an incoming president.
Speaker 1: So I got to be scared now real quickly. All right. So, because I hadn't seen this, Ross was telling me about it. So Tucker Carlson says he has a source, some spook, I'm sure or what did he say? A source?
Speaker 3: Is, yeah, yeah, somebody in the intelligence community.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, and what is it? This isn't pertaining to the drones or the drone insanity, all right, So what's up with.
Speaker 3: Because they sort of all just disappeared right after the holidays. And the theory is that the US military took out a Chinese satellite that was controlling the drones. So it took out the satellite and then took down the drones.
Speaker 1: And to that, I'd say, that is that is something that it could be believable. I mean, also because it's you know, it's about mitigating infrastructure and command and control. It's why we got bunker busters, right, figure out what command and control the enemy is, and then we'll go turn them to mist right, or you can just keep shooting their soldiers. So it operates on two fronts. So if it's if they were Chinese drones, you you know, you could go and and and shoot them out, take them out, and and now you know that's the kind of stuff with the whole Remember the mothership theory that the one congressman was pushing right right, So from Iran, right, I understand, I understand, No it was he's saying Iran or Russia. I know it was Iranian mothership right now says somebody else speculating they might be a Russian mothership. But my point is if that's the case, and you know, although like the Chinese had more than one satellite, but let's say that you know that if you take that satellite out that it renders them inoperable. It would seem the more efficient way rather than having you know, blackhawks over New Jersey neighborhood shooting drones out of the sky, Well, it'd be a lot more efficient just to blow the satellite to smothering. So I don't know that's interesting. But again it's an anonymous source, and so take it for what it's worth. And who knows. Who knows what's up? Maybe and maybe next week when Trump's in there, we get we get a little info because if if, in fact, the Chinese were running drones, spy drones and and you know whatever, we already know that they're running spies around military installations. We've we've arrested a bunch.
Speaker 3: Of We also know they ran a spy balloon right across the country. We didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, by the way, thankfully somebody did bring up hag Seth brought up yesterday and they were not pleased. Some of the Democrats are not pleased about that. But yeah, I but I think if Trump, who likely is going to go to and get into a trade war or at least threaten one with China, I don't think he'll be able to not bring it up.
Speaker 3: So who knows.
Speaker 1: All right, let's drab a couple of calls here. Uh, let's start on the on the military, the heads side, Scott, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Hey, So I was listening quite a bit yesterday on General the future General, the future leader of the military.
Speaker 12: Getting quiz and I had a flashback.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, I'm calling General that because because so the whole deal is I had a flashback to when my son was in basic training, combat Engineer portlander Wood, Missouri.
Speaker 11: And they allow parents to see pictures of basic training some of the events and one that I was struck by is engraved on my brain, especially when he deployed to the Middle East. Was there were three females carrying two different soldiers. One was my son and one.
Speaker 14: Was another young man, and three of them to carry them off the battle field.
Speaker 1: Is your son? Is your son morbidly obese? Is he? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, he's not.
Speaker 1: He's not private pilot.
Speaker 11: No. No, he went in skinnier than me, but he's bigger than me. Male.
Speaker 12: But he was probably one fifty five one sixty six foot two.
Speaker 4: So was he.
Speaker 1: Fully what was he wearing? Was he wearing just fatigues or was he full kitted out?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 11: He was not full fitted out. No, no, no, it was just no gear, just boots, helmet, and they were they were doing a training exercise on obviously getting them off the battlefield.
Speaker 1: Sure, And I'm thinking, please.
Speaker 12: Please give me a two seventy five combat engineer to haul him off, and he needs to.
Speaker 14: Get off the field and not three pounds. I'm sorry, females, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you don't have to be You don't have to be sorry, sir. If you're if you're one hundred pounds, dude, I might not have confidence that you could carry the ether, but we're just a lot of averages. Well, Scott, thanks for sharing that. No, it's the women way less on average, and they can't carry as much stuff on average. And I know you want to tell me a story about some really strong women, and trust me, they are out there and I totally recognize that, but that's not We're talking about the the average, okay, and that the whole the fact that that was their primary thing yesterday was actually kind of crazy to me because I assumed that you would have you would have concocted something far more egregious, because like you, you chirp and you yelled. But it all kind of made sense if you're willing to be honest and think about it. Zach, excuse me, Zach, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning?
Speaker 1: Cave that way, I'm good sir.
Speaker 6: Heyah, I'll just gonna let you know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, those you're all, they're still in the area. I thought more last night.
Speaker 9: I thought about four of them last night, and right up around the ball Lake area, Weaver Dam and oh, Weaver Trail.
Speaker 11: It's like the fourth and fifth time I've seen them.
Speaker 1: And well there's guys. There's guys that go over there to fly drones and they flimb up, h they fimb up around both of the reservoirs. I've seen drones that were peate, but their hobby drones. So I don't know. You know, I don't think you're flying hobby drones.
Speaker 6: But I said they're bigger than my Honda Civics.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I don't know. That's different. Well, here's what you mean to do, sir. Don't shoot the drone. You got a rifle, sir? Yeah, meaning all right, great, Well grab your favorite, go out of the yard and shoot up at the satellites until you hit one. Problem solved. So yeah, let me know how that goes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know what they're doing, though, it's very interesting.
Speaker 1: I've been noticing.
Speaker 9: I'm quite a bit.
Speaker 6: I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: But there well, you know, there's there's different, it's it's it's pretty fascinating, you know, and thank you very much for the call there, sir. Let me let me just say this, there are drones are utiling like. There's a lot of really good uses for drone and one of them is that they use they use out West. They used drones for fire surveillance too. And they're pretty big drones. I've seen them landed and they use them basically if they're trying to, you know, figure out what the hell is going on. Now, you can fly a helicopter, you do all that stuff, but it's far more efficient with the drones in some of these instances. And the ones they usedn't they weren't as big as a car, but they were. They were as big as like a love seat or not love seat, like a like a lazy boy. I mean, it was a pretty damn big thing. So, you know, not not all drones are are problematic necessarily, but sure enough they have those and uh, did you see what is the guy's name, Bill, Who's the guy who tried to short Amway Akerman? Bill Ackerman, right, the investor Ackerman. That's what I'm looking at So he was tweeting back and forth with Elon. Oh wait, hold on Boston, We'll see what he wants. All right. He was tweeting with Elon about, Hey, what we need is we need drone a firefighting drones set up and that that's pretty interesting. Actually, right, you have a fleet of drones. They have some capacity obviously to hold water. Yeah, I don't know how all the tech works with how much weight even some of those professional drones can hold. But if you have a fleet of them, if you have an army, you can put fire suppressant. You can map fire suppressant, so rather than having to fly the planes where you see all the pink stuff coming out and people are like, well why is it pink? Well, one, it's a chemical, but two it also indicates where you've landed the fire suppressant. So if you're trying to cover a grid, drones are really good at covering a grid, which is why they can do those amazing you know drone shows and stuff. So that's you know, all of these are valid uses. But you know, if those were Chinese drones, they took out a set like, I could believe that, but I don't know. So you know, make your own judgment there. Right, let's figure out what the heck Boston Paul wants. Yes, sir, what can I do for you?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know a lot of those drones are being used for nefarious things like coaching deer. See them up the area around the wooded the areas.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 11: Good.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Wait, how you doing today?
Speaker 1: The drones stealing deer? They just grab them and with.
Speaker 6: Them, put them up there and see where the deer at.
Speaker 1: You got to get some of those Ukrainian drones with the explosives and you just do you have chili ready to go and make sausage and you're good to go.
Speaker 6: So I don't know, I'm calling to apologize. I can't go to the taste and uh all.
Speaker 1: The Battle of the Barrels that I'm going that I'm hosting down in Beaufort here in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just two short of notice.
Speaker 11: Maybe the next time, but you.
Speaker 1: Know you're retired anything, Boston Paul.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's a three hour ride and I don't go any further than an hour without my medical staff. So you know, I.
Speaker 1: Got a wet nurse.
Speaker 3: I mean, we talk all right, so we'll put you down as I I mean, guys, the dude is in constant danger because of how he took away Weddy Boulger. I mean, this is a numb fact.
Speaker 1: Really from the winter Hill Gang by calling into the show. Yeah, I think the guys probably you ever see an interview with who is the number two of the winter Hill Guy? Who is his number two?
Speaker 3: I think that was Hank Hill.
Speaker 6: Okay, there was there was one guy, sus flinga he got.
Speaker 1: I saw an interview with whoever his number two was, And to this day, his biggest thing is that white He was a rat and it's just you could tell it just eats a man. So I don't know, maybe you are in danger because he doesn't it didn't still be a fan of law enforcement or rats that guy.
Speaker 6: So no, no, so so yeah, so it's just just a little too far for a quick hit and run. So it's okay, REQUIRE understand.
Speaker 1: I understand that you probably can't you know, can't hold your liquor. So so all right.
Speaker 6: That's what I said, I need my medical staff.
Speaker 1: I understand. Well, let's appreciate it. There you go, all right, So if you don't know what he's talking about UH. At the UH we're doing a thing Battle of the Barrels at Beaufort Hotel. They've done this in previous years, but we've we've partnered up with them this year and UH, I don't know, a little mini vacation you guys want to come out. I'm going to be hosting UH it's it's and it's really nice, like it's a lot of very high end bourbons. But also the restaurant at the Beaufort Hotel is fabulous and so they're going to have a big old, I mean big old gourmet spring it's gonna be really really like good stuff. And then the hotel's really nice, and I think they're doing a room rate special that's under one hundred bucks too. So I'd love as many as we can get from the Triad, the Triangle and all points in between to pop on down. It's okay, you've earned a vacation. We all did. If you listened to even two minutes of the confirmation here in yesterday. You need a day a day for you. We got tweeted it out. You go to the Beaufort Hotel and it's Beaufort Hotel and see is their website the thirty four North restaurant, and then we got links on our page and we're given away one of the dinner tickets, so check that thing out. All right, let me do this eight nineteen. We'll go ahead, take a break, and then yes, we're gonna get back into this.
Speaker 8: You let an audit of any organization?
Speaker 15: Yes or no?
Speaker 8: I don't want a long answer, yes or no? Have you led an audit of any organization of which you were in charge?
Speaker 1: So maybe you should grab some bourbon and join us in just a few With Nancy Mason Crockett screaming at each other and telling him to go fight outside, I'm sorry, no now, and they're already dysfunctional enough. Would I watch? Yes? Should we put it in a cage match and the rotunda and stream it? Yes, but it's not a good thing. But I wouldn't have hurt my eyes, So I guess maybe that makes me a little bit of a hypocrite. I don't know. No, I'm just saying, if it's gonna happen, I want to be there, but it shouldn't happen. Okay, all right, very good. Let's get back to this shell we and let's hear from some of the dudes. This is a Senator Reid. He is the well he was the chair. Now he's the ranking member, the highest ranking Democrat. He's the guy who sits next to the chair. And he doesn't He sure as hell doesn't yell very much. It's hard to hear even when I was watching it yesterday. When he does use his words, however loud they are, they're stupid. Case in point, here we go.
Speaker 16: The soldiers I served with were proud to do so, but it was certainly not the nation's most capable of military by any standards. We have made great progress since then. Today the Taunton offense is fully integrated. Every race and religion is accepted. Women serve in all combat roles and leadership positions. Sexual orientation is irrelevant to service, and the all volunteer force visibly reflects the nation it protects. Our military is more diverse than it has ever been, but more importantly, it is more lethal than has ever been.
Speaker 1: Do you know you guys agree with that? Is it more lethal? And is it more lethal because you can have high ranking officers posting photos of themselves and their puppy play masks? Is that what makes it more lethal? From a technology standpoint, maybe it's more lethal, but lethality. When you talk about lethality within military, you're not talking about just how well this one gun shoots, or what this tank can do, or look at this crazy the F twenty two Raptor, which is that thing's amazing. That's pretty cool. But it's also you have to there's people there, and it is undeniable if you look at recruiting numbers, that part of the military being as strong as ever requires confidence of people who may want to join the military. And clearly when you got into all of this stuff, there are people who didn't join, and there are people who over ten thousand members of the military who you excommunicated because they wouldn't get the vaccine, the COVID vaccine, which by the way, Haig Seth and Trump have committed to reinstating, given him back pay and equal rank, and I hope they take him up. How many do you how many of those ten thousand people, including seals and other like real the guys who do the heavy lifting when it has to get physical that you're just like, yeah, we don't need you, do you know that? What what was the estimate I saw on the amount of the dollar amount of training for some of our like Delta guys, and it's like it's over a million dollars for some of them. And I don't know how they arrive at that, but there's a big investment there. And you're just like, nah, so don't give me this garbage. And it's not. It's not more lethal or better than it's ever been because you decided to go ahead and and you know, implement a trans general or something like. That's that's garbage because morale is a big part of military and that morale is not just the soldiers serving, but also those who might want to serve. Looking at it going, you know, I want to go do something cool and and you know, maybe the recruiter will tell me one thing, it'll be another, but at the very least the culture looks like something I want to associate with. And no, and then we then we get into this too. This was the first gotcha all right, let me yeah, let me grab this real quick. Oh wait, hold on, there we go. All right, this is this is just funny to me, but they were all but hurt over it.
Speaker 16: If you have made statements to your platoon after being briefed by a JAG officer. Well, by the way, would you explain what a jag off is.
Speaker 7: I don't think I need to, sir. Why not because the men and women watching understand.
Speaker 16: Well, perhaps some of my colleagues don't understand.
Speaker 7: It would be a JAG officer who puts his or her own priorities in front of the warfighters, their promotions, their medals, in front of having the backs that those are making the tough calls on the front lines.
Speaker 1: Thank you interest all right, So that was the setup to it, and then later some of the other Democrats brought you're calling all jag officers that he was very clear of what he said. And I don't know if you know this, if you've ever spoken to anyone who's spent any time in the military, they they have a lot of inside jokes and uh insults. It's why if I have somebody call up and go, oh the Navy stupid, and I'm in the Army, then somebody from the the Air Force will call up, and then the marin will call up and call the Air Force, the Chair Force, and like this is all stuff that happens. So the idea, the idea that you would be like, ah, this term jag off, which you know if or not people will use it, and obviously they may be mistakenly use it when they want to say the other thing, but it has a real specific meaning in this case, which he which he obviously explained, and and that was the opening gotcha because he was the first Democrat to get to talk to him, and that's how he started it. So I don't know what the hell's going on? Man? Oh crap, all right, what is the caller went away? What was he going to say? Russell? Okay, all right, all right, hang on, let me grab this here real quickly. Grab by Donna. Hey, Donna, what's going on?
Speaker 17: Good morning, Casey. You just wanted to make a correction for you. Bring in the correction. Whitey's second hand man, his right hand man, excuse me, was Stephen the rifleman Flemy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that probably was Well I didn't say the name. I said. I didn't know the name, so.
Speaker 17: Oh maybe maybe Boston Paul did. And when I heard it, I was like, ah, that didn't sound right.
Speaker 7: Say that again.
Speaker 1: He's usually drunk, so take everything you say enough. Whoever it was, I just remember watching the interview, and I'm like that dude, the seething hatred for the rat was and he talked about well they kept trying to flip him and how much time he did and all that stuff.
Speaker 17: So it's funny because he became a rat himself. He dropped a dime on Bulger in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: Well after Bulger had already Yeah. Yeah, I'm not defending the guy. I just it was a very interesting interview to watch, is all I'm saying.
Speaker 17: So, oh yeah, I love this kind of history. Fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, thank you very much if you want to see it. It's what is the name of the series. It is Business I think Business Insider. Who does where they bringing experts to like look at watch war movies and then so they bring in, you know, some guy who was a seal and how real is it? You ever seen those videos they had that It was one of those how crime works. Yeah, that's what it was, how crime works? And that's who they were interviewed, was that dude, And it was it was. It was very interesting, well at least to me. All Right, one more little chunk of ono here? Uh what am I? Oh? Okay, all right here we go. Let's let's Let's talk Tim Kaine for just a moment, shall we.
Speaker 3: Second, Gentleman Doug Mhoff.
Speaker 15: Here we are in ann and Dale, Virginia, where the Biden Harris Change just opened the first coordinated campaign office in Virginia.
Speaker 1: Important here in a moment, and we are going to one win this election.
Speaker 16: Senator Kane is going to go back to the Senate and we're all going to do this thing together.
Speaker 15: Since taken office, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have stood up for our commonwealth at every turn, building a stronger economy for everyone, creating millions of new jobs, defending women's reproductive freedoms, and so much more. Virginia, We've got to have the backs of Joe and Kamala and win this November.
Speaker 3: Thanks so m.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, why am I playing this cut for you, this little flashback, because yesterday Tim Kain spent the entire almost the entire time that he had yelling at yelling at hegg Seth because he's on his third marriage. Now, there's some other salacious stuff with Tim Kaine which people's even Snopes didn't debunk it, but I'm not going to get into it. And that may be about the state of his marriage because frankly, I don't know why you're picking up, but he decided because hegg Seth while he was still married to his second wife, impregnated what then became his third wife. But without any details there, like in North Carolina right where you've got to sit out for your divorce, like that would be a play. So I don't know all the details there, but Tim Kane and Tim Kaine is standing next to Doug Emhoff who was hitting the babysitter right, destroyed his first marriage. And Tim Kine himself when he was remember he was Hillary Clinton's guy, and when asked about Bill and Hillary Clinton said that it was distasteful to talk about those things because they didn't pertain to qualifications for the job. So my point is he's a giant hypocrite. But that's nothing new in Washington. It's just kind of how they roll. All right, Let's get Jeff mar not a hypocrite. But I know year to well plot out your winter travel plans. What's going on, man?
Speaker 10: Yeah, boy, it is feeling like winter. If you're gonna be out this morning and into the afternoon. We've got an even colder air mass though made making its way into the area as we head towards the beginning of next week, and maybe some winter weather as we continue towards Tuesday night and Wednesday. In the meantime, drying cold this morning, a sunny and breezy afternoon. You're thirty seven for the high overnight, clear, around twenty for the low tomorrow, a little bit warmer Sunday, with the hype to forty nine. We'll stand in the upper forties on Friday afternoon under a sunny sky, which starts the weekend. The head of a front will be rain high as we hit the low fifties on Saturday and into Sunday morning, and then behind the front clearing and cold on Monday, with behind your thirty five the high on Tuesday and the upper twenties with lows in the teens.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you very much. And Ken moon tomorrow, right, So
Speaker 10: That's right, Ken moon tomorrow on Friday,