Speaker 1: Five o five at fifty five k r C the talkscation at the Monday short work week. Some sit it was a vacation.
Speaker 2: I'm the dude, man.
Speaker 1: You may be. I'm Brian Thomass to the fifty five KRY Morning Show and am excited. It is a short work week for me. I really use vacation. And the people think, oh, you don't work, Thomas, you don't try, you know, it's everybody needs a little bit of break. And with all the pent up anxiety and everything leading up to the election, and I am so looking forward to uh, well Thanksgiving generally speaking, which is like my favorite holiday. Uh small group did this this year, but still looking forward to it and today and tomorrow then I'm off until next week. So really really really really really not that I won't miss you, but just looking forward to exhaling and relaxing. I just just I think feeling bad today. Terrible night's sleep to you. Every one of those nights where you have that recurring dream, you know, you're having a frustrating dream or one that's unsettling on some level, and you wake up and you're like, Okay, it was just a dream, and you go back to sleep. And you go right back to where you were in that dream. That was my night last night. I can't even remember what the subject matter was. I even woke up at the point. It'say, this is stupid, this is not real. This is you know, my anxiety in this dream is being generated by something that is absolutely preposterous, from a from a you know, logic reason standpoint. Go back to sleep, back in the exact same place. Oh all night, at least it felt like it. So apologies in advance. Not quite sure where I want to start this morning, and that's uh, of course where I started. Anyway, you can feel free to call five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk down five fifty on AT and T found. Christopher Smithman joins a program cannot wait till seven to twenty, get a guest on the show and relieve me from my anxiety and my lack of sleep stupor. Christopher Smith and former Vice many of the City of Cincinnati doing the Smith Event beginning at seven to twenty. Money Money with Brian James. Today we're talking about Goldman Sachs saying investors should diversify. Then theyn't think that's an unusual statement anyway. Money goal is to finish twenty twenty four, lowering your twenty twenty four tax bill and of the best places to retire and Ulysses days. My friend from Affordable Medical Image is going to join the show at eight forty our KRC care segment. I love saving people money. It's one of the nice things I get to do for folks advertising and of course I save money going with Affordable Medical Imaging when I got my CT scan. So opportunity to speak to you Lisses about that at the end of the program. Fifty five cares dot com get try Heart Media app. While you are there listening to the podcast or checking out the podcast, hope you had an opportunity to go to the Mediterrainean Food Festival yesterday at Saint anthonea Patawa. Always saw a wonderful thing that food. The Help Squad Brian Ibold could sure use your help if you have any money. You got a extra couple of bucks. You want to help out people on the West Side who are really struggling, and there are a bunch of people over there. That's what the Help Squad's all about. Trying to help people out, getting them get the rent paid for the month, or gett him a dishwasher or rather a you know, an appliance they can't afford, just a whole multitude of things. Brian Ibold and the team could sure use your help. So police consider making a charitable contribution. And for those who wanted to write a check, And I did get a couple of emails, I didn't realize that the address was not on the Help Squad website, and I did a Lord Brian Eyebold to that. I do believe he added the address of those who wanted to mail a check as opposed to making an online contribution. And I certainly understand why you'd rather do a physical check than an online contribution. But either way you can help police, help Help Squad. Listen to Peter Bronson. I had a whole hour conversation with Peter. Loved that guy. He's got a new book, Promised Land. How the Midwest was one very fascinating conversation with him about the early days of Ohio's history Midwest territories was before we achieved statehood. I thought it most interesting that Kentucky actually was a safe place to be the southern side of the Ohio River much safer than the northern side, where you were likely to get slaughtered by a Native American. Go back and read your history and you can get a lot of that history at Peter Bronson's Book of Promised Land. Anyway, I got to stack a WTF. Let's start with this one. And you heard the top of the our news. There are liberal tiers what has happened to people? And you're like, what the hell are you talking about. Everybody wants to ball up in a fetal position when they get bad news anymore, and they enable children in schools and all the way up through colleges to have safe spaces. It's like, you can't confront reality. You get some bad news and you needed a safe space to go. You need counseling or something. Come on, the world's an imperfect place. You're gonna be facing bad news your entire life. Learn to suck it up and deal with it on some level. I have no problem when people getting counseled when they have true problems. But you lost an elections, so you need therapy sessions. Therapy sessions paid for by the American tax player Representative darryl Isa going after a Secretary of State Anthony Blanklin Blinken. It was reported last week the State Department held therapy sessions for employees upset about President Trump getting elected. In a letter to Blincoln that he sent last week, Isa said, I'm concerned that the Department is catering to federal employees who are personally devastated by the normal functioning of American democracy through the provision of government funded mental health counseling because Kamala Harris wasn't elected president of the United States. This after a Free Beacon report earlier in the month talked about two therapy sessions that were held at the State Department after Trump's victory, Sources saying to the Free Beacon that one such instance amounted to an information cry session. That's how they described it. Another instance, email went out to agency employees touting a separate quote insightful webinar where we delve into effective stress management techniques to help you navigate these challenging times, of course, referring to Trump winning the general election. In the email, it says change is constant in our lives, but it can often bring about stress and uncertainty. Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into effective stress management techniques to help you navigate these challenging times. This session will provide the tips and practical strategies for managing stress and maintaining your well being. Suck it up, buttercup, Joe, did you in prior elections and you can ball up? Do you have to go to a counseling sessions to cope with it all the time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know me too, Call the lender center up.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 1: It's letter to Lincoln Isis said the reports sessions were disturbing and that non partisan government officials should not be suffering a personal melting over the result of a free election. Amen, brother, question, of course, the use of taxpayer dollars. The council those upset by the election, demanding answers on how many sessions have been conducted and how many more are planned, and how much the sessions are costing The Department raised fears. The session could also call in a question the willingness of some of the State Department employees to carry out Trump's new vision of the agency, And therein lies the challenge. Folks. This goes back to the whole doge thing the Department of Government Efficiency that's being run by Ramaswimmy and Musk. You know, cut this crap out, quit paying for things that don't relate to the effective management of government, and quit while politicizing everything and ferret these people out. If you can't deal with the change of administration, if you're not able to carry out the will of the next administration, then get the hell out of the job. And his letter, I said, the mere fact the Department is housing these sessions raises significant questions about the willingness of its personnel to implement the lawful policy priorities that the American people elected Trump to pursue and implement. Trump administration is a mandate for the wholesale change of the foreign policy arena, and if service officers cannot follow through on the American people's preferences, they should resign and seek a political depplointment in the next Democrat administration, should there ever be one. Suck it up, Buttercup, and I've read all these articles over the past several days about with Thanksgiving coming up. I think Bill Maher even spoke to it. You're gonna quit talking to family members over the election you can to stop in our acting with people who may have voted for Trump or alternatively may have voted for Harris. Blood is a lot thicker than politics. You know, administrations come and go. I mean, this country has been through some profound changes over the decades and last coming up on two hunred and fifty years. Family is one thing that normally you're supposed to be able to count on. And there's something truly truly nefarious and evil over those who would suggest you should not interact with folks who have voted for the other side. Whatever the other side happens to be, it has to come mostly from the left, from what I have gleaned, and I truly think that there is something really really undermining about that, and intentionally so. And I find it hard to believe that they truly harbor such profound emotion over it, that they're just actually just blowing it up beyond proportions and they realize that they are. You know, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, you get, the teary emotional you know, twenty two year old kids just crying into the YouTube screen or into the social media screen.
Speaker 4: But oh my god, go slimingo.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll tell you what I'd like to see that person pays a real challenge. There's one thing I always observe for my grandmother, Dad's mom, because she had talked about the Great Depression, and this woman had zero nothing her entire life. She grew up on a dirt farm in Tennessee. They had no money, they never had anything. And then you go, if you're throw in the Great Depression on top of all that, you come out the other side a pretty strong person. But these emotional whimps that just ball up over an election and the outcome of the election and they have no idea what's in store for them, you could get a pretty good idea of out of just looking at the last other four years of the Trump administration previously, I don't recall anyone like being that profoundly impacted, Like, what in the hell was it that Donald Trump did during his four years that caused you to just have a complete meltdown of the idea and becoming president again? Can you imagine a true genuine struggle? Children are ill prepared for it. Hell of a lot of adults in the same boat. It's five seventeen fifty five Krcity Talk stations stick her out. I think I might have hit the nail on the head in terms of where some of those comes from. I have a University of Maryland class. I want to mention to you about, Yeah, another reason why your children probably shouldn't go to college. Stick around, It'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC kick off Christmas.
Speaker 1: With our talk stations five twenty one on a Monday A five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three fow five fifty on at and T found my perception of the value of a college education has dramatically changed over the years, and I find it, at least from my standpoint less and less valuable, particularly given the types of courses that are being offered. And I go back to my own time in college, and I've joked about it many times over the years. First off, my degree pointless political science and the only reason I was able to provide at least participate in providing for my family married smart that was one most important thing. But ended up going on to law school where there actually was a demand for lawyers out in the world, and I was able to get a job. I don't know what I would have done with a political science degree, And in getting a political science degree, I was forced to take all kinds of really stupid courses that just were required. Well, you must take number of humanity's hours or whatever areas of study that had nothing to do with the course substance might degree. And is with that I go to these students the University of Maryland offering a course called are You Ready? Intro to Fat Study Spring of next year, three credit course. I don't know how many hours, how many hundreds of dollars per credit hour it costs to go to the University of Maryland, but I'm sure it's several hundred each. Intro to Fat studies Fatness, Blackness and their Intersections. That's the name of the course, as explained and breitbarton New is the article breaking this down. Fatness will be examined, quote in the words of the whoever put the curriculum together as an area of human difference subject to privilege and discrimination says the course will also highlight the relationship between fatness and blackness. Taught by Professor Sidney Lewis Senior Lecture in the Harriet Tubman Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality studies. We'll be looking at fatness as intersectional and if you can make any sense of this, please do call and explain to me how what in the hell this means. According to the course description, examines fatness as an area of human difference subject to privilege and discrimination that intersects with other systems of oppression based on gender, race, class, and sexual orientation and ability. Though we will look at fatness as intersectional, this course will be particularly highlighting the relationship between fatness and blackness. We approach this area of study through an interdisciplinary humanities and social science lens, which emphasizes fatness as a social justice issue. The course, they say, well close misses in their words, with an examination of fat liberation as liberation for all bodies, with a particular emphasis on performing arts and activism as a vehicle for liberation and challenging fatnissia. Joe, in your multiple years and decades on this planet, you ever run into the word fatnissia before you agree they are making it up as they go along. That was my perception as well. And thank you for coming down to the same side of the ledger as me. I view you as a man of logic and reason as for her part of Professor Sidney Lewis, the teacher of this class, got her doctorate in twenty twelve from the University of Washington English Department. Degree focused on twentieth and twenty first century African American culture, black feminism, and queer and gender studies, and, according to her biography at the University of America and Maryland, Lewis's work in teaching strives to blur the boundaries between academy art and activism. Her areas of interest include gender performance and performativity, Black feminist theory and culture, and intersectional Black liberation. Currently the co authoring and doing a co authoring and photograph of nationwide LGBTQ plus performers with photographer Chris j Okay and again three credit hours University of Maryland. And I'm sure you can apply this to whatever other degree you're getting as a fulfillment of whatever humanities things they're requiring you to take in order to get the degree. I don't know that you'll understand what the hell this woman is talking about when you're taking the class, because I don't even understand the outline for theculum baffling. But you know who am I five twenty six fifty five care Se detalk station Local Stories coming up. Prefer hearing from you if you would like to call love to hear from you. But I do have a stack of local stories to dive on into, followed by the stack is stupid. I'll be right back.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: About nine on a Monday. Christopher Smithing at seven twenty with a Smith Event Money Monday with Brian James. That'll be the eight to five. At the meantime, Local Stories got a couple of folks injured, one seriously crash happened Saturday night and one on Hills corner of the Cincinni Fire Department cruise responded to a two vehicle crashed the intersection of Reading and William Howard Taff just before nine pm. One driver had minor injuries taken by a family to the hospital. The other driver head what they called extensive injuries and had to be cut out of their vehicle. Fire Department said the extrication took multiple teams on both the exterior and interior vehicle and it took about twenty minutes to get him out. That person taking to UC Medical Center for treatment. Current condition unknown. Fire department didn't say what caused the crash, but the police department is investigating. Over to Springfield Township where a man was taken to the hospital after stabbing in ed Springfield on Friday night. Springfield Township Police said officers were called around twenty to midnight to Montoro Drive. Got there found a man with stab wounds. Police said the victim was taken to UC Medical Center. Extent of the injuries unknown. At this time. Police have not stated that they have a suspect. Does note that they are still investigating. Excuse me. Twenty one year old man dead after losing control of his vehicle hitting a tree Saturday morning in Saint Clair Township corner. The Butler County Sheriff's Office, who said deputies, alongside first responders from the Saint Clair town Ship Fire Department, responded to this single vehicle crash on US one twenty seven near mile post eight about six o'clock in the morning. They found a twenty one year old man driving a Mitsubishi Suv south found in US one twenty seven lost control of the vehicle. It veered off the right side of the roadway and hit the tree. Sadly, the man was found dead at the scene. Sheriff's office is not identified the man killed in the crass. The Butler County Serious Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team is investigating the cause of the crash. The office said alcohol and speed appear to be factors. Over to Westchester, where the township has become the latest Butler County community to extend the moratorium on businesses who want to sell recreational marijuana, trustees Tuesday agree to extend the moratorium on the cultivation, processing, and retail sell the adult use of cannabis for another one hundred and eighty days. It extends the three hundred and sixty day moratorium that was first imposed last December. According to Trustee Mark Welch, we just want to shake it out, make sure all of our teas are crossed and eyves or dotted. There are also some changes, some updates. We need to make our zoning to ensure that if a dispensary would come to Westchester, it would be in the right spot.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 1: This is the last moratorium on the matter that he would support. Quote, if we don't have our act together, one hundred and eighty days I'm not going to extend the moratorium anymore. People asked a year ago and said, we want it.
Speaker 3: I E.
Speaker 1: Legal use recreational weed, said, and in fact, fifty four percent of west Chester voted for recreational marijuana. Zoning issues to be addressed include location for dispensaries other related businesses, how many dispensaries would be permitted, in whether or to allow the businesses in the township. Earlier in the month, Liberty Township also voted to extend its moratorium another six months, citing the uncertainty of the regulations and how they would impact the community. In September, Fairfield County City Council decided not to extend its moratorium after approving zoning changes into its code. Only one business could be located in the city in the Ohio four corridor to dispense both medical and recreational weed. So working through the changes demolition, I thought this was rather interesting, going to the conspiracy theorists who think that explosions from airplanes couldn't bring down the Twin Towers. Demolition of the I four seventy one bridge won't begin until after Thanksgiving. The Court of State officials there's still no timeline for when the bridge and its southbound lanes can reopen because of the fire damage on November one. According to DOT perse spokesperson Kathleen Fuller, at this point, the plan is for demo slash removal of work to start Friday next week, since I traffic has been more congested the normal over the past couple of weeks after the mass of early morning fire under the Daniel Carterbier Bridge carries an estimated ninety seven thousand, nine hundred vehicles daily. More damage than expected recently found on not three but four beams of the south side of the bridge, according to HOW Department of Transportation. Consequently, the weight of the concrete deck is no longer supported, prompting to need for more shoring towers before demolition repairs can begin concrete see. Although the details of the exact timeline for construction to begin to be completed as yet to be determined o DOT in Great Lakes Construction or getting closer to knowing the schedule that according to HOW Department of Transportation released last week. Behind the scenes staff have been contracting steel fabricators to determine which company will be able to expedite production of the beams that need to be replaced. Timeline will depend upon the availability of steel and the cause of the fire store remains under investigation of court. Of this the same fire department. Wow, five thive fifty five cars the dog station. Oh because on the phone, mister too. But hang on, brother, we'll get your call here in just a second. Give me an opportunity to mention Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. Wonderful folks at Zimmer. This is three generations. The folks at Zimber Chris Zimmer and crew will take wonderful care of you. Get on a maintenance program. Absolutely, Zimmer has those coming over to your place on a regular basis to just make make sure e thing's running right, keeping it clean and making sure that it's efficient and running. That's what they do. Keep your home safe, efficient and comfortable. Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning represents the company that vented air conditioning and that is Carrier. And you can get a twenty two hundred dollars rebate on the Carrier air conditioning unit if you need a new one. I know we're heading into wintertime, but hey, if it's belly up, it's belly up. Go ahead and take care of it replacing. Now that's twenty two hundred real dollars. That's real money in my world. So call Chris Simmer for all your HVAC needs. You'll really be glad you did the numbers. Five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three, five two one ninety eight ninety three online find him at go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: First find it by forty on a Monday Thanksgiving week. Amen for that five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three dog or pound five fifty on eighteend phones. Before I get the sack of stupid, I got mister Tuba on the line, welcome back, mister Tuba, it's not my birthday.
Speaker 7: And two comments if I may the first. In nineteen seventy two, I was in college and as a registered Republican, voted for George McGovern. My side lost. We got out of bed the next morning, went to class, and of story.
Speaker 1: You didn't ball up in a fetal position and cry and need counseling.
Speaker 7: No, I mean we had a job to do, get an education and then go out and work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, at your old school like me in that regard. I though, I don't know how we've come to this place, my friend, I really don't. I just I And maybe it isn't true. Maybe the vast majority of young people out there carry that same mentality and we're only getting the little sliver of batcrap insanity because of course, social media picks and chooses what we can and cannot see, and some of the insaner opinions out in the world maybe isolated from us or remove from social media because they do represent the sane, as opposed to perpetuating the myth that the insane is the norm.
Speaker 7: I don't know now the next point, I'm gonna throw out the idea that the last election was actually a victory for ordinary Americans against ruling class elites. And by the way, establishment Republicans are part of the ruling class elits.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 7: I fear that establishment Republicans will think that this election was their victory and it definitely is not.
Speaker 1: I would agree with you on that, yes, yes, very much so.
Speaker 7: And what we won on November fifth, we did not want a war, we want a skirmish, and we ordinary people and Donald Trump stands with ordinary people and rejects the ruling class, and they cannot handle the idea of a president who does not obey them.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, them. And what I think is this overwhelming force pushing for you know, this, this global system of governance, you know, the idea of global taxation, the idea of global control over individual countries. And I think Donald Trump stands in the way of that. It's you know why his energy policy is across the board. I mean, much of this effort to globalize governance is built on this what I call lie and insanity of climate change. I mean, I look at this. They just agreed to three hundred billion dollars annual payments by developed countries, wealthy countries paying into whatever this pile of money is to support I don't know, some other countries. None of it makes any sense. But it's all predicated on a lie, but also predicated on being able to take away our individual powers, our individual liberties, our freedoms. We can go on and on and on. That's what we're all fighting against. And I'd like to, you know, and welcome into the camp those who want to fight against it. Anybody who finds themselves on the left leaning side of the political ledger and maybe reasons you're over there, but you're not doing yourself a wit'sworth of good if you think globalization and taking away power from our own local reality here, whether you're looking locally in terms of the country or locally in terms of your local government, we know the further it gets away from us as individual citizens, the less functioning it is, and the less it does for us. So don't let it escape our power and control. Rejected outright. Appreciate the call. I had to look up a Hinge date. I don't know what that was, but it's like a It's an online app which takes me to the stack of store of the stupid story. Here, we'll get a mother in Texas left her toddler at home alone with two dogs so she could meet this date out of town Hinge Dates and online dating app. Killeen, Texas police sent to an apartment complex for a child welfare check back in July. I got to the scene, they were told the child was hanging out of a broken window, an aggressive dog was trying to attack the child. Once authorities got to the scene, they found at sixteen month old toddler with his head and shoulders hanging out of the window of the ground level apartment, and an aggressive dog was charging at the other residents who were attempting to help the child. Officers noticed the window was not shadowed, but it hadn't previously repaired with a cardboard a piece of cardboard in suplexa glass. After removing that get inside the apartment, they found the sixteen month old child wearing only a shirt with visible feces on his skin and showing signs of dipper ash. Mother the child, Rhys Louise Myers, was then contacted by police. Said she was in San Antonio to meet a guy she met on this dating app that's one hundred and sixty miles away from her home two and a half hour drive. She allegedly told police that she had a babysitter who she contacted through Facebook to look after the child. Police met with a babysitter who previously babysaid for Myers back in December of last year. She told authorities that she had not spoken with Myers since that time. Myers are us the charge of abandoning, abandoning and endangering a child five forty six fitty five Karsine talk todays. You look, here's on the phone, Mississippi James. Hang on, my friend, we will. I'll pick up your call if you don't mind holding for a moment. After I mentioned the Chimneycare fireplace and stove, now too late to take care of your safety. I had the fire going over the weekend, just yeap, why not hit the button, had the gas fire up and enjoyed the gorgeous, gorgeous blaze of that fire in the fireplace and the warmth, and it was just really nice. It was so much moisture in the air. It felt like it was a lot colder than it was. It's like, why not let's have a little fire. I know my safety is taken care of. I have had my fireplace thoroughly inspected by the Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove. In fact, that's how I ended up with the fireplace, and so I got because the old one, the one that was built in the house, was dangerous. You don't want anything to happen to you. Get a carbon monoxide detector to protect you from that evil but also have the chimney inspected. Most notably for wood burners, you may need to have it swept. They also clean out dryer events, so when they're over there inspecting your chimney, have them clean your dryer vent out. Most notably, if you can't remember the last time that was done, I can pretty much assure you it needs to be cleaned out. You're spending too much money to dry your clothes and that could be a fire hazard as well. They do tuckpointing, cap and damper replacement, inserting, fireplays, other installing fireplace inserts, free standing stoves, self feeding wood waste pellet stoves, and a massive display and assortment of those can be found at the showroom, which is located at for thirteen Wards Corner Road, A plus with the Better Business Feer Award winners. They are across the board all kinds of awards and brightfully so around since nineteen eighty eight. Locally owned and operated schedule the appointment five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Learn more online Check them out Chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC find.
Speaker 8: Your red tag today You're try five fifteen to fifty five Karsini talk station.
Speaker 1: Feel free to call five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two read talk and go straight to the phones because Mississippi James is on the phone. Welcome back, my friend. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 9: All right, good morning, doctor Bryant.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: That's yeah, this story you were speaking.
Speaker 9: Of of the college course. Yeah, and it was a whole bunch of words, yes, from the way you was reading it. But I like to do a little deeper dive into it.
Speaker 2: Can you put the reference back out there again?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the University of University of Maryland intro to fat Studies. Fatness will be examined as an area of human difference subject to privilege and discrimination. It examines fatness as an area of human difference subject to privilege and discrimination that intersects with other systems of oppression based on gender, raised class, sexual orientation, and ability. Through it, we will look at fatness as intersectional. This course will particularly highlight the relationship between fatness and blackness. We approach this area of study through an interdisciplinary humanities and social science lens, which emphasizes fatness as a social justice issue. It goes on but anyway, word word word word, word word word. Yeah, brought a lot in.
Speaker 9: I couldn't sort that out myself.
Speaker 1: I know I can't either. Less, I got seven years of college and I'm a member of MENSA. It doesn't make any sense to me. But then again, I view my MENSA membership as valueless. So let's just underscore that, because the only reason I ever bring it up is to make that point.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, I'll look into it when I get a chance later on today.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're gonna take time out of your day to look into that.
Speaker 9: Well, sometime I have hours to feel my day, so that's one of the feelings I use today.
Speaker 1: Okaye.
Speaker 9: My life is a little different. I have to find my self to feel my day, So I use that as a filo for a little while.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I hope you get as much humor out of it as I did, because that was the only reason I brought it up. And I did write WTF on the top of the article because it just left me wondering what in the hell they're teaching in college these days? James, That's what that's my point. I mean, you're gonna spend a lot of money. Someone out there is going to spend a whole lot of money to listen to and sit through a three hour class hour course that doesn't make any sense. It's all made up fatisima or fat missia or whatever, hatred of fatness. I mean, I never heard that word before today. Someone made that word up recently. I don't know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we have a lot of made up words and a lot of words that change content from one one.
Speaker 1: Season did admit Orwell wrote a lot about that or Well reading nineteen eighty four. I appreciate hearing from you, James. Always a pleasure to hear your voice on the morning show five ety three eighty five ks DE Talk station. Over to the stack of stupid le's see here urine Yeah, health warning issued over well and be careful. I suppose a good time year to bring this story up. Report of a mirror people who are buying discount perfumes probably not a good idea. Apparently there's there are budget alternatives out there. They have the name brand on them, but they don't carry the premium price tag. But if you're overlooking the quality you're buying knockoff discount items, you might well damage your health. Some person described as a fragrance expert at price comparison website half Price Perfumes warned quote laboratory tests of samples seized by the Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit of showing that fake perfume can contain human urine. Obviously, that in and of itself is disgusting. It also holds a number of bacteria and other potentially harmful micro organism, leading to well a second point this person made. Counterfeit perfumes lack the preservatives and chemicals to stop bacteria from growing. When thrown together with unsanitary manufacturing conditions and low quality ingredients, it can be contribute to an amount of bacteria in your perfume, causing rashes, redness, ezema, among the standard risk of counterfeit perfumes. Also, they can be loaded with harmful chemicals simply aren't safe for contact with your skin, like formaldehyde palates and artificial musks. You said, they might even contain allergens that can trigger reaction, but as the ingredients are rarely labeled accurately, you never know until it's too late. So some of the chemicals can disrupt your body's natural hormone production and indocrine system, while the artificial musk can mimic estrogen as well from aldehyde and polycylic Aromatic hydrocarbons commonly found in counterfeit perfumes can also increase the risk and development of cancer. Well, that sounds like reason enough to not buy counterfeit perfumes and colons. You have been warned. Five to five five kercit talk station. Feel free to call. I'd rather talk with you than hear the sound of my own voice, so feel free to call me up the next hour. I'll be right back after the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: News your voice.
Speaker 2: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Your country. It's refreshing to hear it every day. Fifty five krs. The talk station prescriptions required online consultation with help at six o five to give outcar cit talk station. Happy Monday, Ryan Thomas inviting phone calls as always five one, three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk. Just having a random stack of stuff to dive on through no particular direction. I need to go or want to go this morning, and looking forward to a Thanksgiving week. I'm only having only working today and tomorrow. I'll be off the balance and really use a nice uh, well, I could use a few days offully quite honest with you, that's kind of the way I'm feeling this morning. So apologies if I'm not my normal spry, upbeat personality this morning. Just really real en after that terrible night's sleep last night, I won't bring that up again. I apologize. Coming up seven twenty with Christopher Smith and former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnaate joins the program every Monday at seven twenty two Vent to spleen this Smith event Money Monday, Brian James Goldman Sachs says investors should diversify. I thought that was always the norm. Money goals to finish twenty twenty four, lowering your twenty twenty four tax bill, and finally the best places to retire. That's what we're talking about with Brian James. Then we'll hear from my buddy Ulysses Days. He's a guy that runs affordable medical imaging, so he'll be on the care see care segment at eight forty Great opportunity for you to save heap loads of money on your MRIs, CT scans, etc. All right, So, not really knowing which direction I want to go, let me just bring this up real quick here. I regularly point out how we are our own worst enemy, and it's all predicated and relying upon this idea that you and I are killing the planet by merely breathing. I saw that the United Nations, they've come to an agreement that you and and the other developing world countries are going to be shelling out I guess three hundred billion dollars a year by twenty thirty five, our commitment to the Paris Climbing Accord. Now, thankfully, Donald Trump has already said he's going to pull the plug on this thing. And maybe the plug never should have been installed in the first place, or the Senate never approved it. You know, this is non binding, so every new administration come in neither hook us back up to it or pull a plug on it. Trump's promised to pull the plug on and that's the direction I want to go. And you know what the other thing is, the developing countries are pissed off. If I maybe super bowlers to characterize it like that, they wanted one trillion dollars a year by twenty thirty despite of the fact that developing countries didn't object to the agreement when it was adopted. Then immediately after it was adopted, express outrage. We want more money, one trillion dollars annually.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 1: All right, whatever global wealth redistribution. Can we all just come to an agreement. That's all this is about. We run a pretty successful operation here, administration after administration the United States. You know, we've got our faults, we've got our problems. We are not a perfect country. But in terms of our ability to generate income and earn money and create you know, wealth, generally speaking, there's never been another model alive in the world. Ever. It's kind of you know, wealth generation didn't happen under feudalism, it doesn't happen under socialism, it doesn't happen under communism, and on and on and on and on. Well that's the problem. Time I said, shouldn't happen, then one should be as wealthy as the United States of America. That money needs to be taken and given to somebody else. All right, you know what I have said to that, I got two words for you, and ain't happy birthday. Back in the real world where we do need electricity and power and fuel because well we all needed to live our lives and continue to run some form of an economy. Mean, I'm all worked up over this because of the Excel pipeline. It's unplugged, it's plugged back in, it's unplugged. Donald Trump has vowed to restore it. That we're still talking about this, and I saw this article. There was a guy on Fox and Friends yesterday. He's a former Keystone pipeline worker. He's a man with an opinion. His name's Bugsy Allen. This was reported by Madeline Coggins and Fox Business. Fine, okay, he say, it's breath fresh air. We're running on cloud nine. We're excited. It's gonna make a big difference as far as your energy cost, your food cost, your gas guys, you put in your cars. It's actually going to be the primary seat of bringing everything down for the American people that have suffered so much under the last administration. Whether he's right or not in his assessment of it, Okay, that's one thing. But in doing this little report and talking about his comments and the fact that the Trump administration is going to try to reestablish the EXL pipeline. Trump initially approved the pipeline in twenty seventeen, reversing Barack Obama's decision to reject the project in twenty fifteen, so Obama's in office says no to the pipeline in twenty fifteen. Trump gets elected, says yes to the project in twenty seventeen, and in twenty twenty one, after Biden takes office, he revoked Trump decision and cancel the pipeline's permits, shutting the project down again. Now, from my math, that is quite a few years of time that passed that they apparently didn't do anything. It was going to go online until Obama pulls the plug in twenty fifteen. Fast forward, the entire Trump administry is multiple years where Trump had greenlit it and nothing happened, giving Biden the opportunity to cancel the pipeline's permits when he gets elected. Here it is County year twenty twenty four, getting ready for the new Trump administration. They're talking about, well going forward with it again. What in the hell is wrong? What is right with what I just gave you by way of information? Department of Energy reporting from December of twenty two highlight of the positive economic benefits of this pipeline. Had Biden not revoked the permits, According to the report, it would have created sixteen thousand jobs or between sixteen thousand and fifty nine thousand jobs. I suppose it's which realm of the work population you're looking at. But between the workers building the pipeline, operating the pipeline on a daily basis, the workers moving around the oil or whatever, all the food industry and restaurants and service industry and everything else around those jobs, I guess that's how you come up with this massive range of jobs. But that report suggested we had a positive economic impact of between three point four and nine point six billion dollars. I say. A previous report from the federal government published in twenty fourteen and talking about this since back then, said it would have been thirty nine hundred direct jobs and twenty one thousand total jobs created during the construction construction which would have was expected to take two years. So if they hit the ground running in twenty fourteen before, while you know, stating the obvious, it could have been done. See, once it's up and operational, it's too late for a guy like Biden to come in and pull the plug on it by saying the permits have been pulled, just insane. Meanwhile, the oil is still coming out of the ground. That's the other thing that's really troubling about this. The oil is coming from up north to Canada, pipeline or no, it's coming out of the oil coming out of the ground. And as I've observed many times, and I'm not the only one, I'm no expert in energy policy, but it's a hell of a lot safer more efficient to put the oil in a pipeline and move it down to refineries here where it's going to be refined than it is putting them in rail cars. Talk to the people in East Palestine about that rail cars. But the carbon output right from the oil that's coming out of the ground, it's going to be there, regardless of whether it goes through a pipeline or not. And are we not adding to the carbon output in the pollution by putting it on railcars and moving it around the globe as opposed to putting it into a pipeline which doesn't require the internal combustion engine to move the oil through the pipeline. Why do we do this? What sense does this make? You've deprived us of billions of dollars of potential income, thousands and thousands of jobs for the American workers and made it more polluting by pulling the plug on the pipeline. There is no benefit for having stopped this pipeline at the outset, none whatsoever. It really makes you wonder what a nefarious element is going on behind the scenes that this has been such a contentious project. Why is it a Republican versus Democrat thing to do the most efficient job producing and income producing thing and the thing that's better for the environment. What is with the Excel pipeline that Democrats hate it and Republicans will embrace it when it seems to be it should be the exact opposite. If you want to look at it purely from an environmental standpoint, go over the points I just made. The oils coming out of the ground, that is a proposition that cannot be changed. It's the mechanism of moving the oil. Is it this whole rail system thing? Is this this Warren Buffett rumor that's been circulating a long time? Does he have a connection with the Democrats and maybe not the Republicans. I don't know. I just know none of it makes any sense when you look at it from an objective standpoint. But that's where we are. Bobby's on the phone, Bobby, I'll get your calling him in here at six fifteen right now, fifty five krec DE talk station and it's plumbing done right when you call my friends at Plumb Type Plumbing, outstanding work they will do for you. Customer service Numero Uno probably serving everywhere between northern Kentucky all the way up in the Dayton area. Their mission to provide you, and as they do with every customer, truly exceptional plumbing experience, delivering highest quality products and service, greatest customer relations in the industry at affordable and fair and ethical pricing. That's why they enjoin A A plus A the Better Business Bureau. Hundreds of hundreds of satisfied customers me included for a number of plumbing projects they've done for me and including emergencies. I always joke about my raining chandelier and talk to Westside Jim Keefer with his raining light fixture in the kitchen. You got emergency service. It's twenty four hour days, seven day week emergency services. Because you can give them a call at five one three seven two seven tight five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three finalm Online you can schedule appointment there. I've done that, really easy to do. Plumb tightt te plumtight dot com fifty five.
Speaker 11: KRC our first students arrived, just Shia six twenty I fifty five A pair CD talk station, A very happy Monday to you five and three seven for nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty.
Speaker 1: Three talk on if I fifty on AT and T phones over to the phones that go in order in which they're received, starting with Bobby, Jim hang on to get you called next. Bobby, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Happy Monday, my brother.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my friend. Not feeling it today, I really am not, but appreciate that maybe it'll turn around for me today.
Speaker 3: Well, I got two points that need to lets you know about. One of them has to do with the certification process on January the sixth. Yeah, it's referred to as a National Special Security Event and it's the first time that's ever been implemented, and the designation came from my ORCA. It's not going well at all, and I can tell you details, but I won't have the turn today, but you would be shocked. That's one thing that's coming up and it's not good at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, Bobby, you can't just say that and not even talk about what you're talking about. What's not going well? What do you mean by that? I don't even know what that means. Not going well well.
Speaker 3: One thing is it's DC and the Capitol Police are being put on the back burner, and all the meetings like the buttered Peas number one, the Special Agent in charge, they're having the meetings and everything. I can give you details on those. It's not gonna go well for January. The sixth Secret Service now has their Dignitary Protection Division and charge. They're going to let things fail. They're planning on fail.
Speaker 1: So are you suggesting that those responsible for presidential security are going to let someone get assassinated or something? I mean, what are you talking?
Speaker 4: Ever?
Speaker 3: I never said that, but I'll put it this way. It's not what a person does, it's what they don't do.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I mean, I know. That's been the criticism of the Secret Service in connection with the two attempts on Donald Trump's life epic failure. Some suggest that it was an intentional failure. They were keeping their fingers crossed that someone might shoot them. Is that what you're talking about? I don't know in a factual vacuum what these concerns are. Is it going to be a riot? Is a bomb going to blow up? Are there going to be massive protests? Is going to be a terrorist action? Is going to be assassination of time? I mean, I don't know where you got the information. I just want some, you know, flesh on the bones of the suggestion that it isn't going to go well, because I don't know what that means contextually, Bobby, that's all.
Speaker 3: I have no idea exactly what's going to happen, but I know it's not will go well. They're not playing they're they're not doing well in the meetings. And I can give you the details of individuals. It's no different than Eric Ranahan. He's a special agent in charge for the Secret Service. It's not going well in the meetings. I know this for a fact. Well, that's one thing. The next thing is it's going to be three weeks out before the ground's frozen enough. Between Minsk and Kiev. It's only been a hat hommering between twenty eight thirty two degrees in the last seven to ten days, so they expect it to be cold enough and the ground hard enough in about three weeks now. People can think whatever that means. But the ground's not hard enough yet, are.
Speaker 1: You referring to its ability to allow tanks to roll over it? That kind of thing They.
Speaker 3: Were planning on come to the border six weeks ago until they were put back, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So just waiting for the ground to harden up. Yes, well, that's just the natural reality of war, isn't it correct. I mean, we had to wait till the weather cleared up to do the D Day invasion, right, and you couldn't do it when the Caesarre chopping and the skies were overcast, so you had to wait around for better weather. So that doesn't shock me at all. But what that might mean in terms of military strategy and what the Russians might do, I mean it's a lost cause. I don't think the Ukrainians can fight much more than they already have. It's a desperate situation. I think we are only just prolonging their misery and putting ourselves in a worse position by providing these longer range missiles. I mean, people talking World War three all over the place. So I will concede that that is one massive Charlie Foxtrot right there, and the Biden administration isn't helping it at all. So don't know what Donald Trump's going to do by way of laying hands on the problem. He seems to think he can solve it. I'm a little cynical and jaded about that. So, but I do think that the Biden administration is intentionally making more difficult for the next administration, and in so doing is putting millions of lives potentially in peril, certainly hundreds of thousands of lives of the people on the front lines, whether they're on Ukraine's front lines or on the Russian front lines. And no, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for Russia. They're the ones that invaded. But this isn't easily boiled down to right and wrong considering the two countries we're talking about here. Sorry to be just so just you know, short with you, But you know, when you're just talking plot tudes like that, I don't have any context for what you mean. Things are bad. I okay, I need a little more than that to actually break it down. Sixty five Gym's on the phone, Hang on, Jim. Fifty five KCD talk station in USA Insulation. Here's something that's easy to break down, providing you great comfort and saving you money. Period. It's going to be heating system here. If you haven't even already kicked in your furnace yet in summertimes almost over, maybe you're not using your AC anymore. But in the file analysis, whether it's heating or air conditioning, you're paying too much money. If your home is under insulate, get in touch with USA Insulation. They brought it back. It's only ninety nine dollars a month with no interest. You can probably save more than that on your energy bill. Highest foam on the market for the exterior walls of your home they injected in there. Cover up the injection sites. Nobody knows that they were there, and you'll immediately notice the comfort. You'll notice your home is already more quiet. That's one thing right out of the gate. The comfort will improve dramatically. You know thenas cold pockets of air you got in some rooms in the winter time, or extra hot pockets of air in the summertime, whether your HVAC system just doesn't quite get it. It'll solve that problem to a large degree, and the savings every month are guaranteed from USA. The product pays for itself ninety nine bucks a month interest free, very affordable, and you get a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit from the federal government just for doing the right thing and saving yourself money every month on your energy bill. It's a free quote and free inspection. You could be under insulated to let you know, or you might have nothing in the exterior wall. So that's why I say free. I mean take them up on it, get them out to your house five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one phone, learn more online, check them out at USA installation dot net.
Speaker 5: Fifty five krc ay.
Speaker 1: And a happy one to you. Looking forward to Christopher Smith and joining the program at seven twenty Ryan James money Monday, of course at eight oh five the meantime over to the phone before we get the local stores. I got Gym on the phone. Gym, thanks for holding over the Breake. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Brian, Hey, I have some guilt on my consciousness. This morning. I brought my grandchildren to the Museum Center. And you know, after you go through the ice ages and how the earth has been evolving, and then you go through the section where, oh, my goodness, where doomsday is about to come, you know, global warming, and on and on on. I'm dealing with a little bit of how do I deal with that? And then I've got a couple of good suggestions for your what you described your situation you're going through here starting out this week, okay, And I'll give you an example. A neighbor up the road came to my place and he goes, Wow, I'd like to help you out whatever you're doing. Just tell me what to do. And we started into some projects. And the point is, he said, Josh, you've never worked me so hard. He's retired. He goes, I go home, worn out, but I can't wait to get back. And in the morning he's here first thing in the morning, and he'll be here this morning. Just want to do things. And my point is this, if you can't sleep well at night, or carter in the evening. If you can't sleep well at night, take a longer walk and have some animals, whether they're you know, domestic or in my case, my shape and my goats and my chickens, and do a project for them. And the more you wear yourself out, the better you sleep, and oh, you can't wait to get up.
Speaker 10: In the morning.
Speaker 1: Maybe I didn't explain myself. I didn't explain it. I rarely ever have any problem sleeping. It was my dreams that were bothering me. I was having a difficult night dealing with this recurring dream that kept waking me up and leaving me with a very disturbing feeling. It's like, you know, you get emotionally upset if a pet dies or a relative dies, or something that's a genuine human emotion. Sometimes dreams will bring about feelings of genuine human emotion in spite of the fact that the dream makes absolutely no sense. In this particular case, the dream was I had no idea recollection, something tells me how to do with the Russians or something. But the point of it inside the dream that was making me very uncomfortable didn't make any sense, and I kept having Every time I woke up, I processed the dream. I told myself, why are you feeling this way? Why are you feeling and expressing genuine human emotions that are keeping you from getting a good night's sleep over the preposterous point that you're dreaming about go back to sleep, right back into the dream, and right back into the uncomfortable feeling. So that's where it came from. So I lost. I didn't have a very good night's sleep, not because I don't sleep well. I normally sleep well. I just normally don't have disturbing dreams.
Speaker 12: Oh I missed that part. I'm sorry, but here's what I found. When I have those deep dreams, I'm saying to myself, Wow, I'm really sleeping the best of all, and I tell myself get back into that dream that tells me I'm sleeping the best of all.
Speaker 1: Well, Jabe, you're over analyzing it.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: I'm a very good sleeper. I have many sleep techniques that I've mastered over the years to help me get a good night's sleep. It's just occasionally, like I mentioned, last night wasn't one of those nights, and it was because of this weird, weird, weird dream that seemed to happen over and over and over again. So I appreciate your willingness to help me out on that, but this is not a regular problem for me at all. It's not for lack of work or inability to go to sleep. I got really good processes to get me to sleep. So I've long ago it was a different story, you know, the whole you know, all the emotions of the day and the things you got to do tomorrow and everything you thought about, and all that stuff would flow through your mind at the wrong time, and that's the time when you're supposed to go to sleep. So those days are long long past. Sometimes maybe it's something I ate. I don't know, but that was the dreams. Anyhow, I appreciate the effort. Let's see six thirty four real quick here again one local story and probably get in here. Twenty one year old man dad after losing control of a vehicle hit a tree. Happen on a Saturday morning in Saint Clair Township. According to the Butler County Sheriff's Office. Along with first responders from the fire department, they showed up for this single vehicle crash US one twenty seven year mile Post eight about six o'clock in the morning. They found a twenty one year old man driving an SUV Mitsubishi, specifically southbound on US one twenty seven, lost control. The vehicle veered off to the right side of the roadway and hit a tree. Man found dead at the scene. Sheriff's office hasn't identified the man killed in the crash. Butler County Serious Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team investigating the cause of the crash. Sheriff's office said alcohol and speed do appear to be factors. Six point thirty five right now, fifty five k C detalk station, don't go away. There's more to talk about. First though, Affordable Medical Image. They were aready here from Ulysses day. Ulyssy's going to join the program at six forty for our care Seacare session and he's from Affordable Imaging Services, good man. Matter of fact, Ulysses operated the equipment when I was there and I got my CT scan, I saved heap loads of money. A CT scan with a contrast is six hundred dollars at Affordable Imaging Services, and that will cost you thousands of dollars. Maybe your insurance company will cover a big chunk of it. But why would you go to a hospital imaging department where they use the same kind of equipment as Affordable Imaging Services does and get charged five thousand or maybe even more, when Affordable Imaging will do the same thing for the maximum will be six hundred dollars CET with a contrast, you don't get a contrast. It's only four hundred and fifty bucks. Echo cardiogram four hundred and ninety five bucks. I could set you back two twenty five hundred dollars and MRIs four ninety five without six forty five with a contrast over to the hospital, maybe thirty five hundred, maybe four thousand could be more, and they'll probably separately bill you for the radiologist report. Every image at Affordable Imaging Services comes with a board certified radiologist report, including that low price. So it makes perfect sense to me, and clearly it did because I went there and uh, it's low overhead. Just keep that in mind. Low overhead, but again same equipment and same professionals operating. It makes a huge, huge difference to your bottom line. You have a choice, you're allowed to go where you want when it comes to your medical care. My doctor had literally no problem whatsoever with me getting my image done. Affordable Imaging Services the number five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody, It's Peter Schrager.
Speaker 1: That is six thirty nine here fifty five krc DE talk station, and I try to have a happy Monday if you can five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk over a fifty five carecy dot com on the podcast page. Again, the help Squad could use your help because they want to help some folks on life's margins, and Brian Iboy joined the program last week and talked about that could use some charitable contributions, some items. There's all kinds of ways you can help folks out and help Squad five on' one c three charity is doing that each and every day, but it takes folks like you and me to help them accomplish their goal of helping people who truly need that assistance. So please please please consider them make a donation, and for those folks out there, and thank you. I had a few people reach out to me like they don't have their address. I want to mail a check. People still write checks and people still use the mail. And for those folks out there, I think he updated the website to include the address, but I know there's a link there that allow you to that will help you donate, and then they'll also take time and as well as other contributions. So the help squad right there also Peter Bronson in studio for a full hour. I so enjoyed that conversation. Fascinating look at his book Promised Land, How the Midwest was one, and some just fascinating stories. Peter Bronson. It's just a wonderful, wonderful conversationalist and a great author. So I recommend getting a copy of the book. And he's got a special going on as a discount. I think you get certain percentage off. He can buy several of his books. They're all great, all focusing on the greater Cincinnati area and the region in terms of its history. So right there is the link of fifty five carecy dot Com. Of course Tech Friday with Dave Hatter as well. You try Heart Media out there as well. I had a couple of stories I thought, well why not go ahead and get this one in here. First off, Gallup did a study on gun ownership, and obviously I've mentioned many times over here, so I am a gun owner. I exercised my Second Amendment rights all the time I like going to the range of blow a couple of gun clubs. So that's just me. You know, everybody's got their own hobbies. Happened to be mine. I find no problem with that. If you do, sorry, welcome to the world where you have a second amendment And I'm not alone. Gallup did some breakdown of by politics and gender on gun ownership. Gallup apparently divided the decades of the survey results into six year groups. Found that nineteen percent of Republican women own guns between the between twenty twenty twelve, So for that little slice of time, nineteen percent. Fast forward between I guess twenty thirteen and now thirty three percent of Republican women are now firearms owners, so almost doubling more Republican women now own guns than Democrat men only twenty nine percent of own a weapon. And I always laugh at these kind of things because you know, when people talk about political unrest and when you see like the woke Occupy Wall Street types, those aren't exactly conservative young people in that group. And if it really came down to push to shove, and no, I'm not advocating for it, and I never want to experience a day where we experienced some form of literal civil war or civil unrest. I happen to feel as though I'm on the right side of the ledger and politically speaking, given my firearm ownership, six out of ten Republican men own guns, again compared to twenty nine percent of Democrat women. Gun ownership among independent men five percent down over the same period. They only have thirty nine percent or firearms owners. So six out of ten Republican men owned guns. When viewed outside of political identification, forty three percent of all men and twenty percent of all women likely own guns. Thank you to my buddy A. W. R. Hawkins for bringing that to my attention. Now flipping over to an illustration of someone who doesn't understand when you are able to use deadly force. This social media post from last year has resurfaced given the discussion about the one elected official now in Congress, a guy who identifies as a woman, about what restroom that person's going to be using libs of TikTok x account reposted the video last Friday and it's been viewed millions of times. Representative Nancy Masa South Carolina is the one who introduced the resolution covering the Capital Complexes restroom is a response to the election of Sarah McBride. That's the Delaware at Large congressional seed. Sarah McBride, a man identifying as a woman. So this whole idea about men being and women's bathrooms is a subject matter being dealt with in congress. Nancy mace reposted this video as well, got several hundred thousand people viewing it from her site.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: The video originally posted on TikTok last year. Someone described it as an activist Tara Jay, dared opponents to prevent his entry into a woman's restroom. Here's what the activist had to say, I dare you to try and stop a transgender woman am my presence from using the bathroom. It will be the last mistake you ever make. This is a call to action and a call to arms. To everybody within the United States that are scared, worried you have children that are transgender, lesbian, by or gay. This is a call to action. You need to arm up, playing simple and go out and buy a gun, learn how to use it efficiently, through and through because the time to act is now. You need to protect yourself and need to protect your fellow transgender brothers and sisters, and theys and thems need to protect the rest of us in the LGB community as I am going to do myself. I do not fear Christians. I do not fear Conservatives, I do not fear Evangelicals, and I do not fear Republicans. They just talk a big game, that's all they do. But Heaven forbid you do something in my presence. You're going to know what fear actually feels like. Close quote. Now, I take away from that that this person is suggesting that you can use deadly force in a situation where you object to a guy walking into a women's bathroom. Is your life threatened? Are you an eminent apprehension of grievous bodily harm or death? I think these firm answer on that is absolutely no. And if you were to be well, use firearms in that particular situation. Use deadly force in a situation where you are not literally threatened with grievous bodily harm or eminent apprehension to death, You're going to go to jail. You will be prosecuted for that. I don't care what your profess sexuality is or what you claim to be for whether it's male or female. You can't use deadly force under those circumstances. It's just interesting that nobody brought that up when taking a look at this idiot's pronouncements six forty seven and fifty five care CD talk station Foreign Exchange there last week at my wife's car the oil change. I love those folks at Foreign Exchange. And I know I saved the heap load of money because my wife's got a German car just like me, and I know how much it costs to get the oil change at the dealer. That's why I go to Foreign Exchange, saving you lots and lots of money on your services. You get a full warranty on parts and service when you go to Foreign Exchange. And I recommend the Westchester location. That's a Tylersville exit off of I seventy five. Go east on Tylersville two streets and take a ride on Kinglin and you're there. They will take wonderful care of you. And it doesn't matter whether your cars from a traditional Asian or European manufacturer, whether it's exotic or run of the mill, you're gonna have it fixed. It'll be fixed right and you'll save a lot of money. Bottom line is your bottom line at Foreign Exchange? Tell them, Brian said, Hi, when you call them up, schedule the appointment. That number is five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six, six four four twenty six, twenty six. Learn more online. It's foreign X. That's Foreign letter X dot com.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC fifty two.
Speaker 1: Fifty five kair CD talk station, Happy Monday and Christopher Smithman coming up at the next hour. Can't happen soon enough? Real quick word here from my good friends at James Free Jewelers. Holiday season. You know you got Black Friday coming up. Everybody's going to be out to getting their Christmas gifts, and I recommend going to James Free dot com James Free Jewelers there, locate it at ninety five fifty five Main Street, Montgomery. I have made my wife a very happy lady over the years getting things from James Free Jewelers. Got her watch there. I got my watch there. They have beautiful, beautiful watches and of course gorgeous gorgeous jewelry, the finest natural diamonds, Swiss time pieces and unique rare creations. All prices you have to see to believe, So you can do that from the comfort of your own home. It's jamesfree dot com. Or again, head on into the showroom. Nice, nice people there, ninety five to fifty five Main Street in Montgomery. A little shottenfreudy going on and pardon me, I'm clearing my voice yet again. MSNBC. The ratings just plummeted, So you can kick back and smile about that. One a period of just over two weeks since the election, MSNBC ratings have dropped fifty four percent and their Nielsen ratings are down forty percent year over one. Anonymous MSMEBC commentator, we were so Harris propaganda that when she law, viewers were shocked. Also shocked Rachel Maddow. Now it's one thing. When you hear about she is taking a five million dollars salary cut, You're like, holy cow. You mean Rachel Maddow actually made more than five million dollars a year so they could cut her salary five million. Yeah, this is mind blowing to me. Rachel Maddow's salary, according to The New York Post, was thirty million dollars, and she walked out of the contract negotiations. I guess this month and taking a salary cut, so you know, boohoo, woe is me. She's only making twenty five million dollars annually. One anonymous executive quota of saying, this is a difficult time and they need to keep her. No one else can do what she does. You can't build a brand life I could overnight. Meanwhile, Joe Rogan and Elon Musk were joking around about buying MSNBC. Joe Rogan said he would take her spot. He said, if you buy MSNBC, I would like Rachel Maddow's job. I will wear the same outfit and glasses and I will tell the same Wise, oh, those two. It's got to be fun. It's one thing you can say about the Trump lineup so far. It's certainly going to be fun. And I am really, really, I remain perhaps overly enthusiastic about DOGE and the work it can do. That Department of Governmental Efficiency, lots of ideas and a lot of people stepping up to the plate with great ideas in ways to cut the size and scope of the federal government. And I welcome that all day long, six fifty five right now. Welcome your phone calls you want to call in before Christopher comes on the program, mister smith Aman and the smith event will take place at say twenty I'll be right back after the news. Your voice, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 12: Your country gives us all somewhat to think about.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. This report is sponsored by Survive.
Speaker 13: If you're hungry for information and entertainments, then you're in the right place.
Speaker 4: Let's go get some more.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRS the Talk Station seven oh six at fifty five KR s the Talk Station. Hope you're having a decent Monday. Always welcome to have phone calls here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show, so feel free to call top it crosses your Mind five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three Talk down five fifty on eight and T phones, fifty five KRC dot Com for r iHeart Media app and for all the podcast asked and get a copy of Peter Bronson's most recent book, when You're over there, great book. It is All of them by Peter Bronson are great. Coming up in twenty minutes Christopher Smithman, Vice former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinna with this smither event. We'll do money Monday and in one hour. Today's topics of Brian James Golden Sachs saying investors should diversify, which I always thought was the case. Details on that with Brian money goals to finish out twenty twenty four, How to lower your twenty twenty four tax bill. I like that idea. And then final topic the best places to retire and careseee Cares. Ulysses Days from Affordable Medical Imaging joined the program in et forty to talk about the benefits of getting your medical imaging done there. Money is the bottom line, So looking forward to having Ulysses on the program.
Speaker 10: He's good guy.
Speaker 1: Without further ado, I you know, no direction where to go this morning. Kind of been struggling that way. Apologies for my just not being quite completely with it today. Terrible, terrible tear, terrible night's sleep last night. I'm just trying to explain myself, but apologies in advance, but this one freaked me out. I'm obviously as worried as many many people are about the fifteen to twenty million or so illegal immigrants who have come into this country in a very short period of time, and it was interesting. I had this article I wanted to get to and just got done scanning through Facebook, and there was an overhead image of the city of Cincinnati. It was like from five miles up thirty thousand feet and you can see the whole Greater Cincinnati area. And I'm familiar with the population of the Greater Cincinnati area. And when you look at all of that housing, all of those buildings, all of that land, and all of the people that live and thrive, and the various communities that are represented in that one small photograph there, you're talking about maybe a million total people or something along those lines that are in that photograph. I mean, the city of Cincinnati is less than three hundred thousand residents within the city limits, at least that's my recollection. You're talking about twenty million people have been added to the United States, just almost on a flip of a switch, and many of whom we don't know why they're here. And there's very very interesting groups of people. My biggest concern, at least as I've expressed out loud, has been the significant number of military age Chinese men, Chinese Communist Party presumably men, and So with that, we have Texas Governor at Greg Abbott, who's been on this. He issued just recently two more executive orders targeting the Chinese Communist Party influence in the state of Texas. And I'm reading this going, wait a minute, why isn't this an effort more broadly taken on by the federal government, And is the federal government doing anything anything along the lines of what Governor Greg Abbott is doing. See an initial LI on November eighteenth aimed at protecting local dissidents from the Chinese regime's harassment. Now we have actual members of the Chinese Communist Party that are harassing Chinese individuals in the United States that are being critical of the Chinese Communist Party. You read about that police station they found in New York City, not really a police station, some vehicle for the Chinese Communist Party to basically go around and harass and almost sort of arrest members in the Chinese community who are not abiding. But anyway, Abbott sign executive rot GA forty nine on November twenty it's the safeguard critical infrastructure from cyber attacks. And then there was the other order GA forty eight day before to protect Texans from the espionage operations. Now, the order number for GA forty nine directs to the Texas Division of Emergency Management the Public Utility Commission of Texas to prepare for any but potential cyber attacks aimed at the state's critical infrastructure. Now, this is just getting ahead of a problem planning which everyone should be doing. But under the order two agencies create a task force to study potential vulnerabilities in the government systems and critical infrastructure, run response simulations to cyber attacks, and put together committee of state agencies in order to simulate a restart of Texas's electric grid in the event of a foreign attack. According to abbodist statement, China has made it clear that they can and will target and attack America's critical infrastructure. Texas will continue to protect our critical infrastructure to ensure the safety of Texans from potential threats by the Chinese Communist Party or any hostile foreign government. Now reference in the article was that volt typhoon, which the Chinese Communist Party had installed in pretty much everywhere in the United States communications, energy, transportations, water, the wastewater system. It was dismantled back in January, but had been floating around out there, according to the people involved in this, for at least five years. That's what the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency said back in February, So five years of that potentially, I would say life ending virus in all these critical infrastructures. And I say life ending because if he can stop the electricity from flowing and the fuel from flowing or the water from flowing, you obviously are going to put lives at risk in a substantial way. You also run the risk of chaos in the streets when everything shuts down. Governor's order also ceted FBI Director Christopher Ray's warnings from April, where he said China, in his words, has made it clear that it considers every sector that makes our society run as fair gain in its bid to dominate the world stage. Now you can draw your own conclusions whether he was overstating the case. I don't think necessarily that he was. And back in Texas, this order GA directs all state agencies and institutions of higher education to harden their systems from potential infiltration by hostile actors, including more thorough background checks on state employees and contractors who can access critical infrastructure. And there's where your worry comes in about people who have come across the Southern border, or anyboce else for that matter, anybody involved with the Chinese Communist Party who's applying for a job. Yeah, I'd like to think you do background checks. And no, it is not racist for me to say that, And always defend yourself against allegations of racism. You're talking about a political party, not individuals of Chinese descent. I suppose you can be a defender of a believer in Chinese Communist Party political philosophy and not have any Chinese in you at all. From a genetic perspective, State agencies are going to be banned from contracting companies owned or controlled by a foreign adversary government. According to these orders, bidding companies must prove that none of its holding companies or subsidiaries is owned by a foreign adversary government. According to the statement issue last week, faculty members and higher education institutions are now banned from taking part in any foreign recruitment program by a foreign adversary nation. China specifically mentioned, notably the China Thousand Talents program, which apparently is one of the things that the Chinese regime has maintained for decades to attract to China experts, experts maybe coming from our own higher institutions, higher learning. They pluck them and get them to go work in China's one of the things they do. FBI warned on its website the Chinese talent programs posts threats to our national security and usually involved undisclosed and illegal transfers of US intellectual property to China, which is part of this infiltration. If you're not making it up and building it yourself, you just reverse engineer it or simply steal the technology from American companies. So I'm happy to see that Greg Abbott is on it. But these are frightening things that he's saying, and he is obviously trying to protect the citizenry of the State of Texas, but clearly given volt Typhoon as a reference, and you know the broader implications we have here in the United States with foreign threats and foreign actors, and of course it's not just the Chinese Communist Party, it's literally anybody who does not well play nicely with the United States. And you can go ahead and come up with your own list of countries, including Iran and Russia and North Korea, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. So someone's gonna have to get a handle on our security. And I can only pray and hope that the Trump administration really does a great job in cracking down on these very very, very legitimate and I will underscore the word existential threats to our country. Feel free to comment five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three dog pound five fifty on at and two phones. And something I can strongly recommend is you getting a free roof inspection from my friends at Fast and Pro Roofing. The honest professionals at Fast and Pro never rip you off. In spite of the fact that there are gazillions of ripoff artists out there in the world, Fast and Pro does not need to rip you off. They're a very successful company. They have a lot of work, they have performed a lot of work, and they're there to provide you with an honest roofing assessment. So the best thing can happen when you call them, they come off your roof and say nothing wrong, You're good. Give us a call in a couple of years, because it looks like you have at least that much life left in your roof. And speaking of life left in your roof, if you do need a roof replace and you're gonna go with a shingle roof, how about this Certainty Landmark Pro fifty year shingle which is the one you're gonna get when you get a shingle roof. That's an automatic upgrade from Fast and Pro Roofing. Maybe you don't want to go shingle, you want to go metal. They can replace your shingle roof with a metal roof as are beautiful. And there's a photograph of a before and after and the work that they did and putting a metal roof on on the website, which I recommend you check out because they do a lot of projects beyond roofs. They do box gutters, They do custom metal work like copper flashing and bay windows. You want that beautiful copper look gorgeous, gorgeous. These are true professionals and this is all craftsman level work when you're working with Fast and Pro Roofing. I got my whole roof replaced, I got gutters with gutter guards from Fast and Pro and I got that hardy board replaced the old vinyl signing on the rear upper part of our house, a substantial improvement over the builder special Vinyl. Call him with confidence, tell them, Brian said, how can you do it? And it's free five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five fasten fast e n online. It's fastenedproroofing dot Com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: You've never been to an event like this on a Monday. Thank god, it is too taking the weight off of my shoulders. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smith Aman. We'll call him Grandpa Smithman. Welcome back for the Smith event. Good to hear from me, Christopher. Good, I'm fire.
Speaker 2: I've been listening. I've been listening this morning to you, and I hope I can get that blood boiling.
Speaker 1: And man, I hope so too.
Speaker 2: As you've been saying, I've been listening.
Speaker 1: I joke around. I say, you know, some days I feel like I'm firing on about four of eight cylinders. Today I feel like it's like one of eight. I have no idea other than the terrible night's sleep I got last night. I feel like something is really wrong with me inside. I don't know. I don't know what it is. And I apologize again to my listeners for feeling this way and saying it out loud. It is not something I want to try to unload. I'm just trying to explain myself, is all I'm trying to do. So thank you for joining the program, Christopher. I always enjoy our conversations regardless.
Speaker 2: Well, brother, you sound good to me, and let me just start off by talking about what I think is one of the biggest stories coming up next year, which is the possibility of World War three. Oh yes, and President Biden made a decision in the last sixty days of his presidency to give Ukraine long range missiles. Now I have no idea who is in his cabinet and who is advising you. They spent the last three and a half years giving them shells, giving them almost being sarcastic slingshots, and in the in the eleventh hour, he turns around and says, We're going to give you the ability to hit Russia in the in the center of their cities knowing had to have known that that would escalate the war. Obviously, Russia Putin responded with their own long range missile into Ukraine and then started threatening nuclear war. This has been like over the last three and a half years as people have been watching the policies of this administration. Their international policies are foreign policies, and they they're schizophrenic. It just doesn't make any sense. And all they're doing is making it more difficult for the incoming administration. And I don't want to be cynical Brian Thomas this morning, but it seems like that's on his agenda over the next sixty days. I wish President Biden which just go somewhere and sit down, just like in the Amazon when he gave that speech, he turned around and walked casually into the jungle. That's what we need to have happen right now.
Speaker 1: Well, and here's the there's two other challenges that are involved here. First off, based I mean in springing from your point about him yet again wandering away. We all know, and the problem for the Democrats and this most recent election was that Joe Biden was not really fit for office and then kept trying to cover up for his cognitive impairments, which points out Joe Biden isn't really the one making the decisions. He is the commander in chief of the American military, but I firmly believe that he has nothing to do with the decision making, and that someone else, one of the puppet masters, one of the string masters, for whatever reason, maybe to make it more difficult with Trump, or because they want maybe the war, the baut break of World War three to actually happen, approve these long range missile sales to Ukraine. Point number two, it's not Ukraine's military that's using or operating them. I don't know if our American military personnel who are required to shoot these missiles. You have to have the intelligence security level clearance to operate them, you need the United States military equipment, hardware, and connectivity to have them work, and they are required by all accounts to be operated by American military personnel. So are we subbing out our American military personnel and then letting them operate at the direction of Ukrainian generals, or is the American military itself making a decision on where to shoot these missiles? And then finally we have to observe that. At least according to everybody I've heard from, including Daniel Davis that comes on the show every Tuesday, they didn't really hit much with them. They get shot down. Russia's got a dome system just like ours, are actually even better, so they're fairly ineffective. They represent a serious threat from you know, the idea of shooting way into the interior of Russia operated by and fired by American military personnel, which RUSSI views as a direct active war by the United States, leading US potentially to World War three, and then ultimately they don't really achieve a whole lot because they can apparently be easily shot down if the military refers to this as a Charlie Foxtrott situation. Let's stop right now, Christopher back, Hey, you got me riled up a little bit there, Christopher, hold on a second. We'll come back with the former vice mayor and Otero Exit wonderful products. They are order before three pm online, will be shipped to your door. You'll have them tomorrow's ship same day. They're safe, they are green, they are all natural, and they do guarantee eliminate the oders you're trying to get rid of, regardless of what it is, pet oder, human odor, skunk, bold, mildew, smoke, a whole lot more. It's easy to get the older exit product. Go to od O r XIT no eodor exit dot com. There they are right there, the eliminator of the magic AQA and Mom's which stands for mold, odor, mildew, smoke. Mix that product top and you eliminated, guaranteed again one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. If it doesn't get rid of the odor when you use it as directed, you get your money back. But you won't be taking advantage of that because I've used them many times over the years and it works, or they rather work. Odorreggsit dot com works, and everything except the stench of politics. Fifty five the talk station, What if you could get the best health. Here's your weather forecast from Channel nine. Overcast day to day, early isolated showers and maybe some scattered evening showers showing up high a fifty eight down to thirty seven overnight, mostly sunny skyes tomorrow, with a higher forty five down to thirty one Tuesday night with clouds and a cloudy Wednesday. Chance or ain't after one kim in a higher forty seven fifty three degrees right now, let's get a traffic update check.
Speaker 4: From the UCL Traffic Center with you.
Speaker 14: See health of future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 4: Visit uc health dot com.
Speaker 14: Southbound seventy five continues to run a couple of extra minutes between Hop one and an accident below the Western Hills Viaduct. Left lane remains block northbound seventy five. A couple of extra minutes between Dixie and downtown. That's a wreck eastbound thirty two at Della Palma and on Dixie at Lauhauser Shocking Vermont.
Speaker 4: Fifty five k R and see deep talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven point thirty on a Monday, and a happy one to you have Money Money with Brian James coming up after the top of the hour. In the news meantime, A welcome edition to the fifty five krrecy Morning Show every Monday. Christopher Smithman with the smither vent. Let's kick it back in gear.
Speaker 15: Christopher, Look brother, I'm gonna get your boil, your blood boiling again. The MSNBC story is a big story to your listening audience, because at the heart of it, it's about a broadcast, our major mainstream media outlet lie to the American people for years, and the public rejected them in this last election. And so it's not just about their ratings, meaning that's the outcome. It's about the public voting with their eyeballs saying I don't trust you.
Speaker 2: You've been lying to me. You've been saying the laptop didn't exist. You've been saying that the guy who won with Hitler are fascists. You've been saying things like Russia, Russia, Russia, that this collusion happened between the former president and Russia. And that was the key story. You name the lie, that's what they were doing. And the public said, we don't trust you anymore. That's why they're not watching the station. And so they're listening to your show because they trust you, Brian Thomas. They're not listening to MSNBC because they don't trust that show. And they're looking saying, Wow, if you were right about all the things that you were saying, how in the world is the country meaning the electoral process mean, the map, well, how is it all read right? And the last thing I'll say about it that really burns my butt is what MSNBC did to our friendships, our families across this country as we go into Thanksgiving, where there are people looking at each other in their own families as if they are enemies of each other, and they're not. We're all Americans. What MSNBC did, and this is exactly what communist countries do with their state media is they lie, lie, lie, and they turn us from the inside. So there's so much internal fighting. Think about the families that they've destroyed this Thanksgiving or this Christmas with all of their lives, no balanced news for two years, and people are sitting around saying, I don't even like my mother, I don't like my father or my uncles, I don't like my brother. I'm not going to the holiday dinner because of the things they were watching and listening on MSNBC. Brian Thomas, same on them. I have no mercy that no one or the viewership has dropped fifty something percent.
Speaker 1: And I agree. And MSBC is just one of a broader, you know reality that we're facing now in an internet driven world where there's so many you know, very clearly defined politically motivated outlets where you're in this echo chamber and you're not hearing any balance. You're not hearing a thoughtful, engaged conversation between people on different side of the political ledger. I mean, that's not what they're all about. They're all about perpetuating one side of a political message and then the other part. To your point about dividing family members, that they encourage that division and that hatred, and they say that's okay, and you shouldn't sit down with your evil Trump supporting uncle or whoever, and that you should alienate them as family members. I mentioned that early in the five o'clock hour. I mean, we're heading on into Thanksgiving. What a joyous time of year this should be. I mean, the time to maybe put aside politics and be thankful that we're all around each other. We have relatives that we can count on, at least hopefully count on. They're telling you to alienate yourself from your blood relatives based on politics. That is just that's inherently evil. I mean, it is evil.
Speaker 2: Brian Thomas is very evil. And even the commercials that Vice President Harris rand the one commercial that said lie to your spouse, lie to.
Speaker 1: Your partner, Yeah, but who you're voting for me?
Speaker 2: But don't tell them right And I'm going, do you have any idea when you're putting a commercial out and people are married sixty years, thirty years, twenty years, one year, and you're literally promoting that they lie to their significant others. I mean, emmel and I could talk about whatever. It just doesn't make any sense to me. But it speaks to their desire to divide us over all of these identity politics kinds of things. And I want to say that if someone is listening to you and I talk right now, they can turn it around. Don't make the mistake of not going to your Thanksgiving holiday different dinner. Call your family members up and say, listen, surprise the heck out of them. I am coming for Thanksgiving. I can sit down next to you. You are not the enemy, no matter how you voted. We're family and we're going to sit down and have a civil conversation and enjoy the holidays together. We've got to promote that because these mainstream media outlets like CNN and MSNBC, they've divided our American families over the last two years, pushing lives eyes this seat and destruction.
Speaker 1: It is evil, well quite evil, and I just have to observe where we pause and bring you back from more conversation, Christopher, that that commercial, to me, is illustrative of their perception of marriage. That to me, in a good marriage, you should be able to have a conversation with your spouse about anything. I'm not suggesting that you're going to always agree with your spouse, but you know the idea that you you have to hide your vote from your spouse. What kind of foundation is your relationship if you can't even talk about who you're going to vote for for president of the United States of America. Jeez, Louise, hold on, we'll bring Christopher back. It's seven thirty six and fifty five KOC talk station. That's the first time I smiled this morning, Christopher. Thank you for that twenty two to three rout forty two between Mason eleven and greatest gun shop around, greatest folks there owning. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna be there tomorrow with a friend of mine who was looking to acquire a particular type of firearm. Didn't quite nowhere to go, And you know what I did? I said, I know exactly where you can go. So I got in touch with Wendy. Wendy ordered it up. It's there waiting and we're gonna go pick that up tomorrow. Give me an opportunity to stop out and say hi to the wonderful folks at twenty two three. You know right now, I mean get him in the holiday season, it's a great time to be at twenty two three from Black Friday all weekend long. Check out their deep discounts on twenty two caliber firearms. They got the renowned Colt King Cobra. They've got rifles for plinking and everything in between, new used handguns, rifles. You can find it all at twenty two three indoor shooting range and firearm store. Also on sale by a case of any in stock AMMO and you're gonna get ten percent off. They're already low prices, extraordinarily competitive. They are price wise. At twenty two three, you're in the best possible hands, great range, membership options. They've got it all, including a gun smith. But take advantage of the time. Twenty two caliber Firearm cell going on and they are open all weekend again. Route forty two between Mason and eleven and find them online. It's twenty two to three. The number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: If you're a business owner.
Speaker 1: Seven one I fifty I parric De Talk station. Always look forward to these conversations Brian Thomas with Christopher Smithmen, former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Get me riled up and at least give me a chuckle there, Christopher. I appreciate that this morning, most notably, given how I'm feeling today. But what else is on your mind? My friend?
Speaker 16: Have you seen your grandchild yet? By the way, I have not, will not until Christmas. But what I am doing is opening up an education fund. So I just got Social Security numbers and all that. You know what I do for a living.
Speaker 1: So financial planner, Christopher smithment, that's the right thing to do, my friend.
Speaker 2: Well, let me share this with you.
Speaker 10: Brother.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna get your blood continuing to boil. All right, I'm listening to. I'm gonna use one example, and that's Oprah Winfrey and her testimonial, her interviews, her attendance at rallies for Vice President Harris. We now know that millions of dollars were deposited into Harpo, and she's confronted her production company. She's confronted about this by some reporter and she says, they didn't give me the money. Da da da da da da da da. Now it's yes, we did get money, we had overhead. The reality of this and this is why MSNBC and people like her talking about Oprah Winfrey are going to have problems going forward, is because the public understands that you had conflicting our conflicts of interest. She should have started her interview by saying this is paid advertisement, or there's some financial relationship, or at least the vice president here campaign is underwriting the cost of the production of this show. Something, so that the public understood that there was some type of financial relationship between the Vice President Harris campaign and Harpo, which is owned and controlled by Oprah Winfrey. This is what's so bad about politics. And so whether it's Oprah Winfrey that got money, whether it's Beyonce who got money, or any of the big movie stars that were out there promoting her, I'm just sharing with you, Brian Thomas. We continue to learn these fact patterns of the lies that we were being told during this campaign, and why would we vote for someone think about this who ended up over twenty million dollars a debt with over a billion dollars going through the campaign and lost, Meaning the campaign is still out there saying send me money, send me money. We overspent by twenty something million dollars. I am just shocked because these are people, by the way, Oprah Winfrey, who I respected, This is a big mistake on her part to stick her nose in the politics, to take money from the campaign and not disclose it to the public.
Speaker 1: Well, they're out there looking for literally any show business woman and a lot of guys too as well. But this idea that the election was based upon the sex of the president, as if you and I encounter your twenty twenty four have any problem whatsoever with a female representative, whether it's president or a state rep. A local rep, a governor, a mayor. We've been living our whole lives with women representing us, and I have never ever had any problem whatsoever with it. And it's damn insulting to me to suggest that because I'm a guy, I'm not capable of voting for a woman, if it's a competent woman, if it's a woman that has a plan, if it's a woman that offers a better alternative of some guy that she's running against, I'm going to vote for her. This particular case, Kamala Harris said nothing to run on except running away from her own record and the last coming up on four years of her administration. No one's going to vote for that. No one. Look at what happened. Donald Trump won the popular vote. They were counting on him losing the popular vote. Knew probably he was going to win the electoral college, which is what happened before, and that would send him out running into the street talking about the unfairness of the United States Constitution. The electoral College needs to go. Boy, they got the win taken out of their sayers, the sales, the bubble burst. He wanted across the board. Why because she is and was an incompetent candidate.
Speaker 2: And what I'm trying to relay is, and I'm not refuting any of that, I'm saying that this brand of Oprah Winfrey, this African American successful billionaire, probably worth three or four billion dollars, people respect the brand or respected the brand. The goal was to have her come out and again persuade African American Democrats to stay on the plantation. We're finding out now that she was paid to do it. There are people out there who are listening to this who may make fifty or sixty thousand dollars a year working two or three jobs. They don't have this connection, so they look to sometimes these people like Oprah Winfrey to say, Hey, what do you think I should do? She used her brand to try to manipulate the electorate, specifically the minority votes, while taking money from the Vice President Harri's campaign. And I just want to highlight that because people don't know it. The last thing I want to say is Merry Christmas. Why am I saying Merry Christmas? Look, brother, I'm standing up for my faith. It's okay for me to stand up for my faith. You don't have to say happy Holidays to me. This election was about that too. It was about the freedom of religion, freedom of expression, and so people can say Merry Christmas. People who know me, who see me out say Marry Christmas to me. I'm Catholic, I'm a Christian. I believe in God. That's me if you don't, okay, but you still can wish me of merry Christmas. And what Vice President Harris did is she made her entire campaign about abortion. See, she thought that she could just put these commercials up and tell the world that this campaign was all about abortion when you and I know, and Oprah Winfrey obviously didn't know a multi billionaire, is that this was about the economy, stupid. This was about inflation. This was about people paying their rent, paying for medicine, paying for their daycare. This was about people trying to support their moms and dads who are in nursing homes and they can't afford their medicine. This was about the economy, putting gas in their vehicles, making sure their children could go to a school, and maybe just maybe take one vacation a year. This is what this was election of what this election was about, Brent Thomas, it wasn't about abortion, and even missed the.
Speaker 4: Whole bullseye well.
Speaker 1: And because she had no way of responding to the fact that the economy was largely the issue that we were all voting about, she had no way to respond to that it was on her watch that all this happened. She supported these ridiculous multi trillion dollar programs that caused the inflation. You know, further to your point about Oprah, someone may be out there defending well, wait a second, there was overhead costs associated with these events, and Harpo Productions did and took on the laboring or and produced them or whatever, and that was an expense. And then I would my response to that would be to your point, Yeah, and Oprah Winfrey is a multi billionaire, she could have made that as a campaign contribution, you know, like set up a political action community cover all the expenses of the Harris campaign associated what Oprah's doing. She didn't have to make any profit off of this. She's got a bunch of staff. She could have donated their time and eaten some of the money and production costs. She didn't have to get a check from the Democratic Party to do all that. But she took it.
Speaker 2: And what it does, Brian, it just makes you feel it wasn't authentic. It took away the authenticity of what she was doing and what she was saying. So then you have to ask yourself what was her agenda? And anybody listening to me, anybody listening to me, right, don't say I'm on here hating on Oprah Winfrey, say I'm telling the damn truth. I'm just telling you this is what happened. Right. You decide as the public, whether you believe my position, meaning my analysis of what she did. When I saw the interview, I believed that this was organic and this was authentic on her part, and now I have found out that it wasn't. So it means I feel like I was hoodwink or bamboozle, and that means that anytime she's doing anything else in the future, that's what's going to be in my mind, is Oprah with me doing this because she believes in it, because once you step into politics, and maybe she didn't understand this, right, this is a serious business that we're doing here. This is not playing. It's one thing when you're making your movies out there in California and you're living whatever kind of life you want to live. But when you try to influence the United States of America with harpo and you're taking money from one political party, you owe it to the public to disclose what you're doing. That's all I'm saying. My criticism is lack of disclosure on our part, and she owes the public not an apology, but she owes us an explanation. Just say, Harpo took the money. It was two point five million dollars. They came to me and wanted me to do this production. It really wasn't a campaign of an interview, it was a.
Speaker 1: Production exclamation point, Well stated Christopher Smithman. As is always the case, I certainly appreciate your your thoughtful contribution to the fifty five KRC Morning Shure every Monday.
Speaker 2: You getting to you brother and all that and your kids and congratulations on the upcoming marriage.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you Mary much, Thanks brother, I appreciate it. It's seven to fifty one here fifty five krs the talk station, and it can time me put quick word in for Andrew Cullen and my good friends at Colin Electric. They'll take care of all your residential electric needs with a smile on their face, with superior customer service and always at the right price. Wire up that media room, change your aluminum wiring into regular, good old fashioned safe wiring. Rewire your whole house, get rid of that old nob and tubes surround sound room. They can do that for you. Specialty lighting like led lighting systems, all kinds of electric projects. They do a wonderful job. Really do tenure wiring warranty you get on everything they do for you. So call callin Electric like I always have and continue to do for my wiring needs. The number is five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Find them online Cullen c U L L E. N. Cullen Electric, Cincinnati dot com, fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 5: Shopping should feel nicet.
Speaker 1: Overs should be left in the fridge till you're hungry again.
Speaker 8: Your news, however, should be served up fresh on fifty five kr c D talkstation.
Speaker 1: At six fifty five k r c D Talk Station, Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Monday and welcoming back second what we do every Monday at this time, Monday Monday with Brian James Alworths Financials. Brian James giving us some good financial tips and helping us prepare for our futures together. Brian, welcome back to the morning show, my friend. It's always great having you on.
Speaker 13: Good morning and happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and all those listeners out there.
Speaker 1: Thanks man, you have no idea how much I am looking forward to taking a few days off. Oh my god, yeah, I'm taking Wednesday to the rest of the week off. So I feel like I really really need it, And that when you address something very briefly, it's not on your list of stuff. But earlier in the and my listeners are quite critical at the top of the hour news and I share the criticism. But they mentioned something along the lines of how much you needed and I can't remember the word to be successful or it was in connection with financial planning, how much your annual salary needs to be and then how much you have to have accumulated in order to achieve whatever they deemed success or something. It was like five and a half million dollars, And I'm thinking, Wow, what a bubble burster for a lot of people out in the world that don't make a quarter of a million dollars a year and aren't set to retire with five and a half million dollars in the retirement count. Doesn't success and happiness and all that depend on a whole lot of variables that one number cannot alone satisfy.
Speaker 13: Well, there's an old saying, Brian comparison is the thief of joy, meaning that if you're looking at your neighbors, or your family members or whoever, and you're looking at their situation in trying to compare to your own, you're never going to be happy.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 13: People who do have five and a half million dollars believe me on this because I have conversations along these lines. People who do have five and a half million dollars look at the people who have ten million dollars and yearn to reach that level of status. So I think, after thirty years of doing this, what I would say, first off is a lot of people have forgotten simple math that they learned in high school, don't really have a concept of exactly what is needed, and therefore we get these kind of rules of thumb. All that really matters, Brian, is that your resources support your lifestyle.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 13: Your resources do not have to support somebody else's lifestyle. But that means you got to know where you stand. For somebody who has five and a half million dollars and that's great. Let's go with this whole perfect situation. Five and a half million dollars. You could generate three percent safely off of that and pull it out and never really worry about the markets going up and down in a relatively conservative portfolio, and not really have too much of a problem. So that's an awful lot of money. That's one hundred and fifty hundred and seventy five thousand dollars that you could pull out. That is an addition to Presumably this person would also have Social Security checks coming in, and yes, there are questions about Social Security.
Speaker 10: But it's not going poof.
Speaker 13: That's another topic for another time, right, So that's a two hundred thousand dollars stream of income off that pile of money. If you're a person who has never earned two hundred thousand dollars or anywhere close, then you've never needed that much. So therefore you don't need a five million dollar pile to live off of just because somebody says that's a rule of thumb. What you need is a stream of income that will support the current expenses that you have, and an estimate of what healthcare might cost and so forth. All of this is a factor of financial planning and looking at somebody's very specific situation, but it never results in a rule of thumb. How we're going to get everybody to five and a half million dollars. That is never a conversation that I ever have.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. I need to put shine a light of sanity on that. I just couldn't believe my ears when I was hearing that, and I thought, you know, it's so like you said, if you're living or trying to live vicariously through your neighbors, you're never going to be happy. You know, just seek a little bit of introspection and personal comfort and satisfaction with what you have and looking down the street and being envious of the other guy. I suppose anyhow, Brian, I thanks for indulging me on that. And I'm moving over something that I thought everybody knews or knew. I'm looking at the article for market Watch, investors should start diversifying their portfolios. According to Goldman Sachs. Isn't that what you're always supposed to do, Brian, Well, I'll tell you, Brian, I'm so glad we hear it.
Speaker 13: All Worth Financial are so glad that market Watch put out this article because we haven't been doing anything all along.
Speaker 1: You've been investing everything one stock. Your people come in like, all, we're gonna load you up on Apple yeah, right, Yeah.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna let and I'm going to let our chief investment Officer Andy Stout know that Hey Goldman says we need to diversify, So get off your rear end and do something for us. Now, the point here isn't so much that, oh my gosh, diversification is the latest and greatest new idea from the investment world.
Speaker 10: What it really is.
Speaker 13: This is another one of those if you read the headline, you scratch your head, but if you read the article you kind of get it.
Speaker 10: But it's still not rocket science.
Speaker 13: The market has been on an absolute tear over the last twenty four months, which is this is not an anomaly.
Speaker 10: This is what happened.
Speaker 13: So twenty twenty two was one of the worst market years, the five worst years that we've ever had. We don't think of it in those terms because it didn't come with a story. Everybody knows nineteen thirty seven, nineteen thirty eight was the great depression, technology bubble, and nine to eleven happened in one to oh two financial crisis of eight.
Speaker 10: All those have a story.
Speaker 13: Twenty twenty two doesn't really have a story, so we don't think of it that way. But we went deep into a hole in the last two years of really really strong growth are simply the pendulum swinging back the other way. It's not an anomal it happens. But what this means, though, is that the equity the stock portion of your portfolio is probably out of whack. If it was in balance four or five years ago, it's probably out of whack to the good side now, meaning if you had perhaps seventy percent of your portfolio in stocks, it could be sneaking up on eighty percent.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 13: That is a good thing, But it just means it's time to prune the hedges a little bit and get it back to seventy percent. This has nothing to do with the market being, you know, about to go over the edge or anything like that.
Speaker 10: We never know that. We just know it's time to trim back a little bit.
Speaker 1: When when we're in the situation all right, you say trim back, does that mean like moving money from stocks over into bonds, because I know the bond yields are still pretty substantially high or at least that's that's a percentage you can count on annually without the market swings.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And again it's not so much stocks are at a peak. Therefore, we should invest in bonds because bonds are going to do better. That's not really the case. It's simply saying, at some point in the past, you decided that your your risk tolerance, your portfolio is most appropriate at a seventy percent thirty percent mix or whatever it is. Bonds being not the bonds will never be super sexy. They don't doctor socks off or they don't terrify you. We don't think about bonds the way we think of stocks, but they do act as a rudder for the rest of the portfolio, and they will hold things steady when we inevitably take a step back. So again, it's just looking at where am I now and is it where I thought I was supposed to be, or is it time to update things? Those types of things I said it forget a portfolio.
Speaker 1: Forever, Okay, So readjusting which mutual funds or you know, diversified funds your accounts are in. That's that's that's a discussion I would have with my financial planner. Since I don't personally manage my own portfolio, I guess I'm just in terms of looking at it where you are? What does it mean to readjust or adjust your investment portfolio at this point.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that basically means taking profits where they are and moving them over into something that has that that has has kind of lagged the overall return. So currently at a very high level, that's taking something out of the stock market putting on the bond side. Now, as you mentioned, you have a financial advisor who was doing this for you. If you have somebody that you trust and you understand their process, you don't need to understand every little nut and bold of it. But if you understand that they are doing something, then there probably isn't much to this headline for you because this is the job of a financial advisor who is a fiduciary in managing your money, so they've probably already done this. For example, I can point to some of the things that some of the steps that we've taken literally over the past twelve to eighteen months is to lean the portfolio toward a more conservative side of things in terms of, you know, less sexy technology stuff because eventually we hit a peek and those will be the first to kind of start to falter a little bit. And also, we had been making changes for the last several years reflecting the change in the interest rate environment. So we were in a rising rate environment, then we were in a flat rate environment, and now we're we seem to be in a declining rate environment, although inflation is quite cooperating as well. As we wanted to do a lot better and recently, but we've been making those changes all along.
Speaker 10: That's what a fiducial advisor should be doing for you anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why it's good to have one take the weight off of your shoulders and not have to enter into a realm of well, perhaps the mysterious and misunderstood, which is exactly the way I view all of this. Thank God for a financial planner. Let's pause, we'll bring one back here. Brian James, join us and give us some money goals to finish out twenty twenty four. We'll talk about lowering your twenty four tax bill and the best places to retire. Stick around me right back, Joy Reid, What did she say about Kamala's campaign?
Speaker 5: This really was an historic, flawlessly run campaign. She had the Taylor Swifty to the Swifties, she had the Bee.
Speaker 13: Hot multimillionaire celebrities who know not a darn thing other than you know, singing and dancing on stage.
Speaker 1: It's the last dance for the Left. That's a flawless campaign right there, and they're still dancing around the truth. Clay Travis and Buck Sexton taking the lead, do a victory dance today at noon on fifty five KRC the Talk Station for more information about comingock. It's eight nineteen fifty five Karcy The Talk Station. Brian Thomas talking Money, Money Monday with Brian James Smallward Financial and moving away from diversification to seven smart money moves to finish out twenty twenty four. According to I guess Barons, what's this one all about? Brian?
Speaker 10: So yeah, several.
Speaker 13: Things you can be doing to move things in the right direction for yourselves. This is a good time A lot of time this time of year. People are thinking about what situation am I in? What did I do wrong this year? What should I do?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 10: Going forward? One of the big things is the emergency fund.
Speaker 13: We talk about the emergency fund all the time, but it seems to come up again and again. Is the first thing somebody didn't have in place when they get thrown a curveball by life, as tends to happen. So one thing that comes along with this is I have I've had many recent conversations with people where one of the challenges the emergency fund.
Speaker 10: Emergency funds boring, it's not fun.
Speaker 13: And so where we're sitting at right now, the stock market has done a lot better, and most people want to be putting as much cash to work as possible. But we need to be squirrels putting nuts away for the winner, because that's not going to last forever. So if you're in a situation where you've seen a lot of gains out of your stock portfolio, you may consider, you know, and you have the problem of not having much in the emergency fund, enough in the emergency fund, you might consider taking a distribution, take some of that out, and take those benefits that you've gotten out of that and put them aside for the future. And then but then the important thing is to check that box. If you hit a point where yes, I've got my emergency fund calculated, whether it's three months, six months, nine months of my expenses, know what that dollar amount is. And then when you hit it in your savings and CDs and super safe liquid investments, then celebrate that and stop doing it, then you can focus on something else, put more away for retirement, or buy that car you've been wanting or whatever, because you've accomplished one of your goals.
Speaker 10: That's a big one that people tend to miss.
Speaker 1: Prioritize the emergency fund over your long term retirement investments.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and prioritize is a I don't want to lump it together in too much of it, make it too quick and easy, because you don't have to ignore and I don't want anybody to ignore their four one K and their match and all that solely for the sake of building an emergency fund.
Speaker 13: But if you would prefer to be putting ten percent into your four one k yet there's nothing in the bank, that kind of means there's no oil in the engine. In that case, it's okay to maybe only do five percent or six percent or whatever your company match is, and then purposefully save the rest of it in some kind of bank account with a decent yield, which should be a minimum of three percent. Four or five is ideal. But that's the goal for those dollars. Their job is to be there, not to be growing. Your four oh one k's job is to.
Speaker 1: Grow okay, and I I guess everyone should have any emergency fund, because you know, life can deal you a bad hand. You don't know what's coming around the corner. But I suppose that that also is an individually determined idea, like how likely is it that I'm going to need an emergency fund? I mean, based on the current employment situation or the know the fact that you know, I've got, you know, fifteen years of existence in my current job. It doesn't look like it's ever going to go away. I'm really needed, So the likelihood that I'm going to have to tap into something in an emergency isn't really as substantial as somebody else who might not have had a you know, a stable career or something. I mean, am I making any sense?
Speaker 3: You are?
Speaker 13: And you're hitting on a subject that people always stumble over because it's one thing to have a gigantic pile of cash, which is you know, that's always comforting, but then on the other hand, that is money sitting off to the side that's not going to be doing anything for you. That's why it's important to know what you're shooting at. So if you're somebody where like you say, you've got you've got solid income, or perhaps you're also married to somebody who's got solid income, and then the likelihood of you both losing your jobs at the.
Speaker 10: Same time is pretty low.
Speaker 13: Then maybe only a read a six month calculation worth of expenses I see, knowing that you if you absolutely.
Speaker 10: Had to, you've got other resources you could tap into.
Speaker 13: Perhaps there's even home equity, you know, a home equity line of credit in place that you could draw on if the wheels totally fell off. I think it's really important, though, to have that calculation, because I do run into people who will sit on literally hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cash. And these are not multimillionaires. These are just people who let it build up, and it's just not serving a purpose. You don't really need more than six to nine, maybe twelve months, if you want to be conservative of the ability to cover your expenses. Anything more than that, you're wasting an opportunity for that money to grow, because it's just going to sit there while you're staring at it.
Speaker 1: All right, that's that's fair enough. Let's dive on into the next subject, which your ways we can lower our twenty twenty four tax bill it's not too late to do that. Huh.
Speaker 10: Now, it's never too late.
Speaker 13: You can always be managing your taxes during the year. But obviously we're getting down to the finish line of the year, and so whatever you're going to do, you kind of got to do it.
Speaker 4: So you've got about.
Speaker 13: A month left to increase your contrabtution to four oh one k's four or three bs. So let's let's for ten for a second that you are a person with too much cash on the emergency fund side.
Speaker 10: If you agree with what I just said of.
Speaker 13: Yeah, maybe we got a lot too much, well, then one thing you could do crank your four oh one K way up for the month of December. For your next couple pay periods, put more in and cover those bills with that excess cash. Now, obviously that's not everybody's situation. Some folks are in the opposite. But if you do have the ability to live off your savings for just a few weeks, then those paychecks can go right into your four oh one K. And the limits, remember are higher this year, so employees, anybody with a four to one K four or three B and most four to fifty seven plans employees can put in twenty three thousand dollars. That goes for anybody who can fog a mere. If you're over fifty, you get an additional seventy five hundred what we call a catchup. That means you can put over thirty thousand dollars into four to one k's this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that ketchup did jump, wasn't it previously five thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: It's gone up over time in it's now.
Speaker 13: Some of it is attached to inflation between the calculations they do with employee contributions as well as the catchups. But yes, it has spiked rapidly over the last several years the way they've done the math.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I may have a question or two more about that, but we'll get to that. Take a break here, we're else going to find out the number one thing the best places to retire have in common. One more with money. Monday's Brian James. Don't go away. I'd be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 8: With things how they are crazy. Stuff is happening in our world. Glenn is drolling out the welcome wagon. I want to welcome you, especially if you think differently. Perhaps you have been somebody who has tuned it all out because it's just all bad news.
Speaker 1: It's all the same. Join the Glenn Beck program.
Speaker 8: Assume that you and I have something really basic in common.
Speaker 1: Weekdays at nine, we just want the madness to add on fifty five K the talk station forever a Channel nine weather overcast with some early isolated showers and maybe some later this evening as well. Scattered fifty eighth for behind the thirty seven overnight forty five with sunny sky's tomorrow down to thirty one overnight Wednesday, mostly cloudy day, chants of rain after one pm. I have forty seven fifty four right now. Traffic update time chuck.
Speaker 14: From the u see a traffic center with u see Health. The future care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments. I'd give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit uce health dot com. South pend seventy five continues to run a couple of extra minutes through Lachland northbound seventy five. That's just over a five minute delay between Buttermilk and downtown. Northbound four seventy one is improving. You'll need a couple of extra minutes to get through the barrels. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station. It's a twenty nine I think about KERCD talk station.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas spending some time with Brian James this every Monday, Brian, real quick here in terms of lowering your twenty twenty four tax bill, one thing, and not everybody's in a position to be able to do this. But gifting money is that not a way to lower your tax liability? This is like a set amount you can give away, like to children, that tax free gift, like you set up a retirement account for your young people and hand them that money or something along those lines to lower your tax liability? Or am I am I confused and misguided on that?
Speaker 13: Well, the word gift gets thrown around a lot in terms of taxes. Now depends on which side of the tax savings you want to be on. If you're talking about your own taxes, I want to impact my own twenty twenty four form, then gifting to your children is not going to do that.
Speaker 10: Gifting to charities can.
Speaker 13: However, with the Tax Cuts Act that went into effect in twenty seventeen that basically took the standard deduction to I believe we're with thirteen thousand dollars this year for one individual, so of course double that for a married couple. If you if you're not giving more than that dollar amount, then the deduction's not going to do any good.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 13: However, Yeah, So what you can do, though, is you can create something called a donor advised fund, and you could do say five years worth of gifting all at once. So, for example, if you know you're going to give your church five hundred dollars every single month, or six thousand dollars every year, then you could do six seven years worth of that, put forty or fifty thousand dollars into a donor advice fund, and take that full deduction this year. But the church doesn't get it immediately. They still see the same five hundred dollars a month or whatever you've been doing. That's a way to stack all of your donations into one year and get a deduction on it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, play it forward, all right?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Moving on, what about retirement. It says here that the best place to retire I have one thing in common, but it's not affordability. I found that headline to be a little bit hard to believe, Brian, what's the story on this one?
Speaker 13: Yeah, given what I do for a living, I scratch my head at that too, because everything becomes a affordability. Whether it affordability is a concern or not, everybody worries about it. So but I would say this headline comes strictly from the fact that anybody who's thinking about where do I run or want to retire is currently riding the wave of a ridiculous stock market over the last twenty four months and has more money than they've ever had before. This same survey done three years ago in the twenty twenty two doldrums market would have probably looked very different, and it would have said, oh, it's all about affordability. I need a place with no taxes and cheap cost of living and so forth. But now all of a sudden that we've got more money than we've had, Now we don't really care about the cost of a gallon.
Speaker 10: Of milk at the store.
Speaker 13: So the common theme here is I just want to be happy, right, I want to go to a place where I can be happy. And this is according to US News and World Reports ranking of these places. Naples, Florida, Virginia Beach, Virginia and New York City all bastions of low cost of living right, not quite defensive places. But again this is just a sign of the times. We're not that worried about it at the moment. New York City, that one kind of blew my mind. I could see, you know, you've got you've got the arts around there are lots of restaurants, all that kind of stuff. But I've never heard anybody say that they aspire or retire to New York City. I know, to live there permanently. Yeah, I'm aware of that. And I know Naples, Florida is basically Cincinnati South. I mean, my parents had placed on in Naples for a long time, and of course all of their friends did. And it seems like everything, you know, every time I would go down there to visit, Oh look they have a skyline now, and oh look they have Fifth Third banks all over now. And but certainly not what I would consider in the least bit affordable at all. Not a place that I would consider retiring too.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what coming down to what makes you happy. This is another one of those subjective realities. I would like being in an area that would be like low crime and easy you know, easy commute in terms of driving around, accessibility to things without a headache or hassle, none of which sounds like New York City to me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And it has a lot to do again with with effect of just where we are in the overall market, the overall economy.
Speaker 10: Things are kind of okay right now.
Speaker 13: And I think in the longest of long runs, what people what makes people happy is stability, the absence of stress, and that can have a lot to do with where they live in terms of keeping up with the cost of living. So one of the things that I've been doing with financial plans for a few years now is if somebody expresses the desire to buy a place in Florida, right there's still a lot of people out there that think that way. What we will do is not we can, of course work out if there's going to be a mortgage orf they're going they're gonna pay cash or whatever.
Speaker 10: We can work all that out.
Speaker 13: But what I always have been doing now is we're setting up another spending goal alongside that to cover the cost of a house of a homeowners association and property taxes insure every time we have a hurricane, that waterline thing moves in land a little bit more, and things just get pricey unexpectedly, and I have more and more people going, you know what, this is going to be ridiculously expensive just to maintain that place, let alone buy it. Yeah, why don't I just set that money aside and we'll just go stay in nicer places and go travel around a little bit.
Speaker 10: And I think that's a fantastic solution. I don't personally, I wouldn't want to.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 13: I don't like going to the same place more than a couple of times because I've seen it so but more and more people are just thinking, I'm going to create a pile of money and I'm going to travel off of that and forget the second home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the idea. I'm with you one hundred percent on that second home thing. I just know, period, end of story. I'd rather choose a bunch of different places over the course of my life to head on down to and experience something different every time. But you got to have one base of operations, and whether it's Florida or Simms Township, that's a base of operations. And that's just fine with me. Brian James, Monday Monday. Appreciate all the sound advice you provide every week to my listeners and me and I look forward to another edition of the segment next Monday. Between now and then, have a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving you and your family and best of hell to all of you.
Speaker 10: You too, happy over eating day, and we'll talk to you next Monday.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, it's a thirty five right now if you five KRC de Talk Station KRC cares Cone of Next Affordable Medical Imaging ulysses Days joins the program, talk us about how great that is. That'll be next So I'll be right back as Trump makes his picks. Elon and I were not politicians. The left fields dicked.
Speaker 4: There will be pushback.
Speaker 3: Nobody who President Trump nomina is just going to get sixty votes.
Speaker 1: Were businessmen, no business being in that position. Most of the people making these decisions, from healthcare to the Department of Defense are failing on effectiveness because they have no accountability. Come join the conversation.
Speaker 2: I love the fact.
Speaker 4: That Trump is appointing businessman.
Speaker 12: We're never going to find the perfect candidate.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk station