Speaker 1: What's up, everybody.
Speaker 2: It's me Cecily in my radio voice with here with Stephanie.
Speaker 1: With the male man. It's Steven the malemn ning Dong. Who's here. It's the mail man. He's got some news. You've got the news. That was a lot. That was a lot to just even like start. That makes you laugh so much. And the best part about it is that you really like that. Literally was your job. You were a DJ.
Speaker 2: I was a DJ on a morning show in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: It's true. I was very good. I bet you were good.
Speaker 2: I wasn't very good. I promise you listen. There are some things I can say that I am good at. I think I'm a good writer. I think I'm a good lot of things.
Speaker 1: But I am not.
Speaker 2: I was not. I did not want to be up at four thirty in the morning. I had a sour I was a sour puss. I was a My grandmother used to say, a pickle puss.
Speaker 1: That's what you would call us. I don't think she meant it the way it sounds. But do you feel, and this is an honest question, do you feel that you had to like were you just being yourself on that? Were you like, well, you know what, I'm the sidekick and I'm here to like give stories or did you feel like I gotta bring it up. I gotta be energetic, I gotta talk in a voice that's a radio voice. Well, the problem is that I didn't.
Speaker 2: And when I was hired my and we won't go too into this, but my pde my program director, who I still am very close to and I like him very much. He was so good to me. But he you know, it wasn't he wasn't in the room with us, so it's like a really he hired me. He was like in our immediate description when we all got hired, there was like a description of what we were supposed to do in the room, and my job was to bring no joke and just said Cecily will bring a little bit of the danger.
Speaker 1: So they literally.
Speaker 2: Wanted me to tell talk about dates be a little edge. He's like, you're not the typical country person, but it's la and we want you to be a little bit.
Speaker 1: Like little edgy, And I was like, okay, So I was in my.
Speaker 2: Janine Garoffalo stage for sure, which I'm not sure I ever really grew out of. You know, that's just like my one of my idols, and I was just kinda It's not that I'm not neurotic and people pleasey, but I was just, you know, I'm myself, and I was so tired, and I hate bullshit, and it was there's so much bullshit, and I just wasn't a good fit because also, remember it was a very other than Buzz and who also turned kind of dicky too, Like it was a mean ass room. It was like a dark, mean, bad, negative energy place. And I just fought for so long the best I could, and then I just couldn't. I couldn't fight anymore, right, And I'm exhausted, and I'm drinking shitty coffee and it's five am, and I'm looking through the newspaper for stories, and I've got a coked up producer who's just being a dick. He's one of the worst people I've ever met in my life. And I don't even have a problem saying that. Wow, bad dude. So that's what happened. Would you write about it?
Speaker 1: Would you be like shaky tired sometimes and just oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well, I was also doing stand up at the time, And then I remember getting mad at like Buzz because I was like, you don't even.
Speaker 1: Come see my stand up?
Speaker 2: And he's like, I also have to get up at four thirty, you know, like you know, I just I was so like such a comic. It was like, why aren't you guys coming to the improv to see me? I'm until fucking midnight trying to have sex with omnipop. You guys don't care. Nobody cares all management.
Speaker 1: It's a manager for those who don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like an agency basically, And I just like probably dated half of the agency. Yes I did, so okay, So in conclusion, yes I had some blame to take, which I did.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: I said this to a to someone recently that I was like having a review with you know, I was like, listen, one thing you don't have to worry about me for is I will never not want constructive criticism. I think I suck. Believe me, I am not the person that walks in the room. Is like, I know everything. I'm like, I hate myself more than any of you could hate me, so please give me notes. So I don't know it was a bad fit. We all did our best. If I got that job now, I would handle it very differently. And I would be a lot more grateful for the paycheck coming at me.
Speaker 1: And you know, yeah, but I guess what could you be now how you are on a podcast and just be yourself, No, because you only get like snippets of time in radio, right, And I ended up with a radio career, like you know, I was syndicated and all these I still have stations left where I get to just do my own thing, and I love it. You know, that's still something I do for a handful of stations.
Speaker 2: But back then, you only really got three minutes and you had to play a song or do a contest, right, You didn't really have like room to do whatever. But I just didn't fit, Like, I don't think the audience loved me. And I mean, I that's not my fault, really, But what really wasn't my fault is how shitty these dudes were. It was such a I mean, I know that's cliche, but like just the energy of these guys it was right. Yeah, it was a bad room. And I mean I feel that way, Peter, And I'll say it. I've said it to you many times. Peter Tilten sucked. The producer Jeff sucked. Buzz I like now, but he sucked for a while and nobody was standing up for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to explain. Yeah, I mean, you're getting the paycheck you don't have, you don't have time to spend it. But I do wish i'd saved it a little bit. Yeah, funny for some in my twenties.
Speaker 1: But well, you know what. You know, what is great not bad is hers. Hers is a weight loss tool. Okay, when you are feeling like you have some extra pounds and just whatever you're doing is not working. I felt this way. I was going to the gym. I had not eaten sugar in like four months. I was like, no, the weight will not be But then I tried a GLP one and it really changed everything. So if you've tried everything to lose weight, hers can help, Okay. Hers now offers access to the FDA approved we Go V pill and we Go vpen, and they also offer access to an affordable range of FDA approved GLP one medications. And you can lose up to twenty percent of your body weight when combined with diet and exercise. So if you're ready to reach your goals, visit for hers dot com. Splash Rose Pricks to get personalized affordable care that gets you. That's f O R H E r S dot com slash Rose Pricks for Hers dot com slash Rose Pricks. Wait Last by Hers is not available in all fifty states. We go VI's registered trademarkrapt Novo notice as to get started and learn more, including important safety information. We go the clinical study Information Restrictions visit for Hers dot com. Okay, I'm sorry that was a big intro. But every time Stephanie asked me about radio, I go on. I tell you, I always tell you. The answer was an this question, honest answer. That's fair. Yeah, totally fair. I love radio now, I love the medium. I grew up in it.
Speaker 2: But we have so much to get to, reality show wise, because it's Reality Friday, a thing we may or may not stick with, who knows, but we've just been doing it lately, and I kind of want to start with Brandy Glanville your story first, and then I or should we wait on that since I have because that maybe we wait because I'm going to lead you down a different path.
Speaker 1: On right cources. Okay, Well, I will tell you this because I think this is worth talking about. First of all I want to talk for a moment about Real Housewives of Orange County. I'm so glad I'm not watching it. I hate all these people. I'm terrible.
Speaker 2: I've always made a recognizable I mean, you know who had their camera.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: I don't even understand what her face is anymore.
Speaker 1: Have you been watching it?
Speaker 2: I tried to watch the first episode, but because I didn't have it saved on my YouTube account or whatever, it makes me watch two full minutes of ads like every eight minutes, and I'm like, and meanwhile, people are like.
Speaker 1: Well you guys do that, but not two full minutes. No TV ads are so crazy wad. So I just I just gave up. I'm like, I'm not that into this. I don't care. Yeah, I just don't think any of them are good people like none of them.
Speaker 2: Well, VICKI certainly not. And she does have I got to her new boyfriend. She always has some dude. They all look exactly like Brooks, and they're all some version of Brooks, right, and then she's always just like, my love tank is full.
Speaker 1: Now it's empty. Now it's full. Like you're the worst. She's the worst. They're just most of them are just Republicans. I mean, it's bad when Tamra is sort of the hero of the bunch because.
Speaker 2: Not Heather was. But then we heard that she might have voted or been sort of she was supporting Spencer Pratt.
Speaker 1: And we know that you're sure or she said she's not, Oh she would she how the fundraiser for him. That is so freaking insane. I don't even know what to say about it. That's so freaking crazy. Yeah. But also just these people, they're just such assholes. All these women are assholes. Katie was a liar, but she wasn't an asshole, and so she's having a lot to say these days. And first of all, you know what, Actually, I'm going to come back to that in a moment because this is a good setup for it. But Real Housewives of Orange Counties Shannon Badore is called out again by this producer for being She's labeled miserable and narcissistic. Okay, so here's this guy. Well, first of all, this story also involves Heather McDonald. I'll get to that. Shannon Badour was called out for her poor treatment of crew members by a former Real Housewives producer on Instagram on Sunday, following a slew of similar claims against the sixty two year old Real Housewives of Orange County star, comedian Heather McDonald poked fun at Shannon's dramatic behavior, prompting the man who has previously Bravo for its toxic work environment to speak out against her and then so Heather's thing was, she put in a caption of a clip that little like acting things she was doing, she said, calling all Real Housewives in need of a storyline, spaces at the Shannon Badoor acting class is filling up fast, she wrote in a clip. Okay, so, Following sharing the video, a man named Patrick MacDonald and I feel like we've heard this name before. He's worked on several Real Housewives shows, including Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and The Real Housewives of Potomac. He came forward, sharing his experience quote, it's most wild to see her go from absolutely losing her shit, yelling, screaming and cussing at the producers and crew right before the cameras turn on, and then she instantly clicks into this tired old performative shtick, one of the most miserable and narcissistic Housewives across the entire brand, he declared, and then meanwhile, in response, Heather confirmed you would know haha, which is funny. So after the comment was shared and began making its rounds on social media, Shannon's former co host Katie Janella weighed in, Well, all, she wrote, well, I think that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Why do they all?
Speaker 1: But why do they put up with that?
Speaker 2: Like even okay, Like I don't like Tamra at all. I think she's really just awful, but like she's kind of will tell it like it is.
Speaker 1: Why won't she just say is it money? Is it? Because? Is it because Shannon has stuff on her? I do think having this shit is just kind of scripted. I you know, so don't forget it, says as many Housewives fans will recall, she faced claims of treating Love Hotel staffers in a quote subhuman manner in September twenty twenty four by the host who later don't forget how to apologize that guy? Remember Joel Kim Booster, who later apologized quote just because you're a pathetic drunk on a reality television show best known for a string of failed relationships and a dui does not give you license to treat people you work with like their subhuman period. He stated in a brutal Instagram story that he said, they will make me delete this, but DM me if you'd like to see some videos. Besos that was crazy, and then Shannon responded to his allegations, quote, we all get tired, each one of us at points were like, Okay, I haven't eaten, I'm exhausted, or I need to walk away. But it wasn't like berating and screaming. She said. All I can say is I didn't do what he said. I don't treat people subhuman. We've seen her, right, and then it says still the claims against her continued the following year. So this is somebody, Oh this is an insider said. Shannon had to be told to cool it more than once, to take her anger out on the problem or even the cast, not the people just doing their jobs. An insider told us Sun and this this was July last year. Production had to step in and have a word with Shannon about the way she can speak with the filming crew. Sometimes she's bad. Okay, So here's so here really quick before we get to the Brandy stuff, which is pretty funny. So Katie Janella claims that Shannon told the production staff that she felt quote unsafe around her. Isn't that hilarious? Wait what Katie said? She heard that Shannon Badore quote told somebody in production that she felt unsafe around Katie. Wow. And then the castmates banded together to oust Katie. See she said. This is where she said. Ella Emily Simpson hosted an event that featured a polygraph which allegedly showed that Katie lied on every question, but Katie later accused the lie detector team of being actors and suggested the results were faked, which I believe her. I think Katie's right. I believe her on that too, higher or real. It was like a party person, you know, yes, and then okay, So quote she says, I was told that Shannon told somebody in production she felt unsafe around me. That I'm not a safe person, she said. But I do know that the women banded together to get me off the show. And she says, and when you're working for a big corporation, those words like unsafe means something. When you say those words, they have to take it seriously. Even though I'm not an unsafe person. I think that's what started the ball rolling for them getting together and saying she needs to be off. No, she sucked.
Speaker 2: She needed to be off because Shannon sucks, but also Katie sucked.
Speaker 1: But Midseen is nothing. We never felt she was telling the truth. Well, she should have come back. But she's not any worse than any of these other women. She says. It's according to Katie Bravo quote, wouldn't let me do anything. I couldn't even go to Cynthy Cynthia Bailey's birthday party. She said, they wouldn't let me go to that. That's weird. Yeah, and then she says, oh. She says another thing that made her uncomfortable was she says, the biggest thing that made me uncomfortable was when I hosted Hot Pot. So I don't remember that, but she says Katie shared it was horrible. All the castmates did was make fun of the food. And this is a food that is deep rooted in Asian community. That's right, and you're making fun of it, she said, Emily putting an egg in her purse and trying to make this all a joke. It's not funny. Also, if you remember she hosted that light detector test with those actors for a Persian New Year's How are we not talking about how she literally villainized a day that Persians celebrate. Well, okay, I don't. I don't know about all that.
Speaker 2: Sucks so much too, though. I mean, this is zero here, So it's not like I'm like, oh, hold on, let me let me back up Emily. The only person I'm ever going to back up is Gina. You know that's not going to change. And by the way, from what I watched, and she's doing well.
Speaker 1: She and Trey Avis are doing great. They're engaged.
Speaker 2: He proposed, they're engaged. She looks great, she's she looks her best there. They've got a real estate business together and they're killing it. And I'm so proud of my Gina. I could just scream, and I might. Yeah, I love Gina, and I do want to say and I did. Like they tried to do a thing with Heather's mom. They brought Heather's mom from New York to LA to like live, and you know, she put her up in some Wilshure apartment. You know, it was like wherever she is somewhere, And and they have arguments because Heather is telling her mother that she's just not been a very good mother, because she's like, why didn't you move from New York to LA to help me raise my kids? And her mother's like, that's ridiculous. Your dad wasn't retired yet. We were living our life in New York. We came out for every birthday, every bar mitsva everything, you know. And I thought I felt like, as someone who doesn't have kids, I mean, I think like this is my Maybe I have a bad take, but that's ridiculous to think that your mother's supposed to like leave the East Coast come live next to you to take care of her.
Speaker 1: Grand's so entitled. Yeah, since she's still entitled to this day, she has everything.
Speaker 2: She has all the money, she has, all the money Terry Dubrow made, everybody made all the money, and she's taking care of and her mom is now taking care of everyone did just mine. But she came from money. They like gave her all that and gave her a start in this world. And then she's still complaining on television that her mother didn't do enough. And I just like wanted to reach in and just like, are you kidding? Wow, it's gross. I want to get to Brandy. So I have so much I want to say about So I have a.
Speaker 1: Little story that is that Brandy, and this is gonna seem like nothing burger, But as a mom, I'm gonna pull that card. I think she's saying nothing burger. But you didn't even realize I was showing you. Yeah, that's ridiculous that I just said that. It's that was my right wing listen. I were coming off of talking about the Orange County Housewives, Cass. I'm just trying to blend with them. Okay, So Brandy called, Okay, So here's the story. Brandy Glanville criticized her boring sons for never trying cocaine while admitting to her own past drug use. Okay, so again you're gonna think this is like not a big deal, but it kind of is. Okay, it says she said on her own podcast. She said, well, I mean, let's be clear, we've all done cocaine in the nineties, and then she noted, however, she hasn't done cocaine since ventanyl came out. Wow, good, good for her, that's amazing. When Glenville's co host James Moss equipped that now she uses quote drug testing strips to check the cocaine for fentanyl. She jokingly replied, I got them for the kids. Luckily, my kids don't do cocaine because they're boring, she said. Then she says, but that's okay. I love that they're boring. They don't even like to drink. I'm like, what do you do? Where's your life? I mean, you're gonna hate me for this, but I think she's joking. She's jolie, but it's not funny. I'm telling you, it's not funny to say about your kids who are like night at the prime years that they would be drinking. Listen. I've thought about that kind of a joke because like two of my kids don't drink, and it's like, it's just not appropriate to say that, because it's it's like, your mom is going really get a life, Like you don't do it? What do you do?
Speaker 2: My mom said the exact same thing to me. She came to visit me in college. And I'm pretty pretty straight laced. I mean, I drank and I was in a sorority and stuff, but I didn't I'd never done any drugs at all, not even pot yet.
Speaker 1: And my mom like came out and stayed with me somehow in the dorm. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: She must have, say somewhere else, but she was like, where's the party? First, she was kind of looking for coke also, and I was like, oh my god, I don't do that. And then she asked if she goes, well, is Mary Jane on the guest list? And I was like, oh my, you're trying to not say that. Yes, she It used to be in my I used to joke about it on stage. She's like, is will Mary Jane? And that I thought was kind of endearing.
Speaker 1: But I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Asked the zbts they've got the pot like the frat that all the frats had the obviously everyone's pot. I just I was a little square, but I had the exact same conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, Glenville said that while she's proud of Mason twenty three and Jake nineteen so Jake not even legal to drink, she's proud of them living such a clean lifestyle, she wants them quote to party a little more. Please please start drinking. So I just know that I've been there. Yeah, Now, it didn't bother me that much. I was like we're just different.
Speaker 2: It'll make the kids more alex Pekatney, it's not gonna believe me.
Speaker 1: Of all the things that I went through, that was the least. Yeah. But she's a fucking mess with a whole horrible alcohol problem and she's she's the one. She thinks that that's going to endear her to her kids by going like, you guys should drink more.
Speaker 2: She is a total mess, and they are fucked up. If they're going to be fucked up, they're already going to be fucked up weather.
Speaker 1: But I hear you.
Speaker 2: I know what you're saying. It's gross, it's totally inappropriate, and it's not cool. And we don't like her for a lot of reasons. But can I please, I've been dying to be the cast, So she is.
Speaker 1: She's cast. This is so hilarious on Special Foxes Special Forces World's Toughest Test.
Speaker 2: Remember this all kind of came to light when Sandival was going through scandabal and all of a sudden, he's like going to Australia.
Speaker 1: She's wearing a young white nail polish the whole time. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Here's the cast now, and this is This was posted on whispering, and it makes me laugh so hard because first off, Brandy Glanville is in the cast, and they used they're putting like there, you know, they're putting a background making it look like they're in the jungle and putting little hats on them. But it's just whatever pictures you know, CGI and all that. But the picture they used of her is from after the Face Worm, so it's like one of the worst pictures that was ever put on page six after the Face Worm, and then they just stuck a little like hat on it and it makes it look like she's in the jungle.
Speaker 1: So she's number one. You ready for the rest? Yes, George Santos number two? No no, no, no, no no no. I don't know this person.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't watch Selling Sunset, But Brianna Tsc whatever her name is, you will not like her.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's gonna get You're gonna Mauricio, hold up, why CEO's daughter Alexia. No, it's gonna keep getting worse. So I just need you to get yourself together. Candace Cameron fur no, no, no, no, born.
Speaker 1: Again, Candace Cameron. It's really cute in this picture. I do have to say she's haircut, the Christian judgmental Cus who is I don't know some of these people, Okay, David Charvett, Charvet actor, Trial the actor, Yes, I don't know him. Hannah Stocking, who is a content creator, so she must be a TikTok person. What's the name again, Hannah Stocking? Don't know her? Pretty?
Speaker 2: Two an NFL players, we don't I guess I'll just tell you Matt Barnes or no, he's a former NBA player. And Lessanne McCoy, retired NFL player. I'm not done with some of the good ones though. Colin Goslin Kate Goslin's son.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right, the one who's writing a book about how about his bom sucks? Little mustache? She looks like the dad. Oh. And then Oliver Hudson Kata Hudson's brother, Oh my god, yes what? Oh? And Ruby Rose? Who God? She is hot. I will just say with like that pixie cut, but you know she's like a was you know, Ruby Rose.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to read you some of the comments. But I mean, do we need to let that set in for a second? These people, I mean, do we need to That's I mean that's crazy, that's outrageous stupid.
Speaker 2: So okay, So someone said, why is Oliver Hudson in this mess?
Speaker 1: Andever?
Speaker 2: And someone jerk writes, he looks so old. He doesn't look so old. He looks like he aged the amount of time that people age and he looks great.
Speaker 1: So I think that's rude. And then someone said, aren't, like, isn't Mauricio too busy selling houses? Guests? Not?
Speaker 2: So some people are whatever, right, And then someone wrote, we know George Santos is going first, so he's not going to make it. Then Candice, then the Goslin, Oh Brandy, what about Brandy though she's not going to make Brandy yeah, And then they're like, there's so someone wrote, there are so many people I want to see fail I don't decide.
Speaker 1: Who should be first. Just so true. Now some people, let's see Brandy. Oh. They asked, they like, how far do you think Brandy Glanville's going to go?
Speaker 2: And they said she gonna make it either all the way, like she's gonna win, or be out immediately. And then someone else pointed out like, no, she's gonna stick around just to just enough for like one day to flirt with Mauricio and then she'll be out.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched the show, but we are going to watch it, and I I don't really know how it works.
Speaker 1: I guess it's like Survivor or something. Yeah, I mean, yes, somebody gets kicked out every episode. Do you think I would imagine? So I guess it's kind of fun because I guess they cast it on purpose like this. It's like Villains.
Speaker 2: It's like people like Sandoval did it right after Scandival, so it's you want to watch them suffer. It's kind of like House of Villains, which I thought was freaking genius. Right. They brought back another season, but it won't let me watch it. I keep trying to watch it, and it's like disappears every time I try to watch it.
Speaker 1: So what is that? Kind of weird? Is very weird.
Speaker 2: I know I'm doing something wrong. I just don't know what, but I haven't been able to. I'm a huge fan, and I love the idea of like just people we hate, like suffering on time television. It's really fun. So I mean this might be fun, but what the hell? Okay, what else do we have so many hate ms around out?
Speaker 1: I think that's it is that all we got. Yeah, that's our stories. A lot of good stories.
Speaker 2: Though these aren't listen, I'm gonna be honest, peek behind the curtain. Sometimes we do stories because we're covering things where I'm like, oh, I don't totally remember who that person is. I'm going to let Steffane talk about it because I know that our listeners know, and I probably do the same.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes I'll bring something up that I'm.
Speaker 2: Excited about and You're like, go off right, yeah today to Dath, I was genuinely interested in all the stories in our own stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good story, they're good stories. We're keeping everybody up to date. Listen, if we have to be up to date on all these people, you have to be date up to date. So Cada, Briya, good stories. I wonder where Jen is now? Where is Toda? Where is Shah? I think she's doing great. She's very happily single, living her best life. And uh, she's happy, she looks great. She's she's gone to go get sweets. You have to go get sweets. I don't like sweets. We were so mad about that.
Speaker 2: We were so furious about that that they even had to go do that what about season that was Oh my god, wow, we didn't think they could top how awful that season was. And here comes Taylor Frankie Paul, which, by the way, if you haven't listened, we have a one off standalone. We have so much on her and that's that's out. That should be out now, So go ahead and check that out. Check it out, all.
Speaker 1: Right, love you guys, Talk too soon. Hi,