Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Here we are, good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Ry Ryan.
Speaker 4: Moment.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, sir, come on now Rod Ryan show check it in. Free beer Friday. Thank you Specs for the beers. We've got beer straight up. At six, seven, eight and nine, Sammy Baker Davis Junior going for win number four, fresh out of BedHead to head challenge. We'll play that game. At six twenty Fun Facts, We'll have some fun, we'll flash. We'll get you some concert tickets to a role Nation Lincoln Park. Got enough pair of tickets for you at seven twenty this morning. They're playing Arlington next Friday, one week. We'll have tickets for you. Ghosts tickets go on sale today at ten am. They're playing the Toyota Center October sixteenth, next year. Seems like a million miles away, million years away, a little over a year away. We'll have tickets for you at a twenty Meao Wolf is now open. It opened yesterday here in Houston. We have tickets for you on No the show. What's going to be happening with the rain around here? Twenty percent chance of rain today, mostly cloudy. High of eighty four sixty percent chance of thunderstorms both Saturday and Sunday. We'll see what happens with that. Good morning testa one to Houston's headlines, Hey.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Rod, Good morning, home room.
Speaker 6: So dueling presidential campaign events continue. They're taking place today in Wisconsin, the final countdown to election day, Tick tick tick, getting closer and closer. Vice President Kamala Harris will be us minutes away from a location where former President Donald Trump. They're both sent to hold rallies, both candidates bringing their messages to their prospective their respective parts locations, and Trump was in New Mexico yesterday as well as.
Speaker 5: Arizona and Nevada.
Speaker 6: Harris meanwhile joined in Arizona, Nevada by some celebrities on the campaign trail. There just a side note, Donald Trump is suing CBS News for ten billion dollars for allegedly making Kamala Harris look good in a sixteen minute interview. Trump's legal team filed that lawsuit yesterday, claiming CBS edited the footage to cast Harris in a positive light. The lawsuit says CBS participated and partisan and unlawful acts for election of election and voter interference, So we'll be chatting about that this morning. Okay, let's talk about your clocks and turning them falling forward, turning them forward. Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend, so clocks will fall back one hour this Sunday. Daylight Saving Time ends at two am and starts again in March of next year. That means an extra hour of sleep. Now, twenty eight percent of people pulled are not looking forward to it ending, forty one percent say they don't really care about it either way, but twenty three percent say they are really looking forward to getting that extra hour. So did we put a poll on our Twitter page?
Speaker 3: No, we've done that before. I got a pull question. It's more important, I guess, way more important. Okay, yeah, I have way more important question.
Speaker 6: Okay, have you ever heard of the theory from Forrest Gump that Jenny is the real villain? She pops in and out of Forest's lives whenever it's convenient for her and doesn't commit to him until she finds out Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna die. I've got this incurable disease.
Speaker 6: Then she brings along their son, who she never bothered to tell him about. So when Stephen Colbert was asking Robin Wright about that on his show this week. It turns out that she hadn't heard that theory until just before the show, but she kind of agreed with it. She's like, think about how she treated for us. Not great, but it's interesting.
Speaker 3: She never heard that she was the film Want the four God.
Speaker 6: But you have to remember Jenny was also abused by her father.
Speaker 5: So that stuff tends to make.
Speaker 6: You a little unstable psych exactly.
Speaker 5: So maybe her dad, maybe Jenny's dad, is a real villain.
Speaker 6: Oliver Anthony says he's getting out of the music industry. A little year after that this hit number one song Richmond, North of Richmond. He says he's not quitting music completely. He just wants nothing to do with the corporate element.
Speaker 3: Guy played the rodeo. I know that's insane that he played the rodeo. I haven't seen anything. So he turned down the music. He might have just got out of it. He remember that he had an eight million dollar offer on the table to sign. He didn't want to sign with any with Yeah, he didn't want to sign with a label or anything like that. Just wants to go back to his life.
Speaker 5: I just want to play music in the woods. Guys, I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know what would have came of his career or come of his career. But still, man, how many of us would have turned out eight mil to go work for the for the machine for a while? You know what I mean? I don't want many people that would have turned that down.
Speaker 1: On Thursday Night football, the Texans lost to the Jets twenty one thirteen. They look banged up, the offensive line didn't look good, and they just kind of seemed off all night up besides Joe Mixon and Tank Dell, who looked awesome last night.
Speaker 3: But Texas are now six and three in the season. They're gonna play the Lions next Sunday on Sunday Night Football. In college football, notal games on the schedule for tomorrow. The biggest game of the weekend is number four Ohio State playing number three Penn State. That'll be at eleven am on Fox.
Speaker 1: Uf Ah is gonna host seventeenth ranks Kansas State, and number ten Texas A and M will be at South Carolina. That'll be at six thirty. You can watch it on ABC. In basketball, Rockets gotta win last night. Suck at Dallas. They beat the Mavericks one o eight to one two. Jalen Green, a beast, had twenty three points in the night to leave the team in scoring.
Speaker 5: Rockets are now three and two.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have a day off before playing the Warriors tomorrow night at Toyota Center. It's also playoff time for the Houston Dynamo FC. They got a must win game on Sunday against the Seattle Sounders at Shell Energy Stadium. Then down one oh in this best of three series. And I'll start at five point thirty on Sunday night. You can watch it on Apple TV. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 7: All right, Let's go four hours of pain, Yes, yes, with beer every hour, Yes, pre beer Friday, guys, the most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You've got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday and Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: Ry right, right, honey, four five the bus. Let's go over to the phones here, I mean, first thing of the morning. Hello, good morning.
Speaker 9: Hello, yeah, hi, hey, what's up?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 3: What's how don't you call me? I didn't call you. I didn't call you?
Speaker 9: Did I?
Speaker 3: Did I call you? Did Chili call you?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Did you? You called Chilli? Okay?
Speaker 9: How was he?
Speaker 3: How was he this morning? Sometimes he gets a little cranky. It'll determine. We'll find out soon how much candy he had last night. He'll be a little cranky if he had too much. How was he? I guess all right? Okay, Yeah, he walked in, he said, good morning. He kind of looked a little bummed out at that Texans performance last night. So I stayed away from him, you know, like I kind of have to stay away from Alex after a giant I ever cared about. Yeah, I've been avoiding Alex for the last month. So hey, uh, you did call and you were the tenth caller.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give you that first case of beer today.
Speaker 10: Huh?
Speaker 5: Sweet?
Speaker 3: Who am I talking to?
Speaker 11: Rodrigo?
Speaker 9: Rodrigo?
Speaker 3: Hey, amigo? Yeah, where are you from Houston, Texas? Okay, Rodrigo, my amigo from Houston, Texas. First case of beard today, My man, have a great weekend.
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Did you want did.
Speaker 3: You have tricker treaders? Last night.
Speaker 9: No, they never really come to our neighborhood.
Speaker 3: So okay, yeah, they just sat there and watched the disappointment game. Oh yeah, it was rough one.
Speaker 9: All right, Rodrigo, hang on the phone for me.
Speaker 3: Everybody from Rodrigo's neighborhood drove into my neighbor Oh a thousand kids. I at least I saw there was a group text and group chat yesterday. I didn't have time to contribute. Were you and the Wizard chataw? I saw that I had no time. It wasn't Frinch boy owned bars. Well okay, I I had mentioned that movies you were giving kids. You know, it was you know, it was a great call. Was getting a few full sizers and giving them to the kids. Uh, London had come by, and London was kind of passing out some candy. And this is what was cool yesterday. Yeah, I had about a thousand kids come through. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah. It was insane. I was exhausted at nine o'clock. I was tired, like we had played tackle football for a couple of hours. That's how I felt it was insane yesterday. But when somebody had recognized my kid likes passing out candy, more than going trick or treating. She thinks the tube is so cool still, it's cool.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I've got a big long about and eighty two yeah, Covid eight foot PVC tube and then we shoot the candy down the stairs to the kids and the kids still love it. It's never going away. It's never going away. Kids are never coming up and knocking on my door ever.
Speaker 5: Ok.
Speaker 6: It's not only that though, but when they're little, getting them up those stairs. Yeah, your house is kind of like the dice roll. So it's pretty perfect for your setup.
Speaker 3: Because there's a couple of kids that go rogue anyways and just walk up the stairs like on up and parents are just letting them go. It's wild.
Speaker 5: Or the kids had just learned to walk and then they have to do those stairs like nohing.
Speaker 3: But when this is where you know, you kind of live through your children a little bit. And when London saw somebody that she went to school with, she went and grabbed a full sizer and took it over to them. And let me tell you, that was like handing a gold bar to somebody. Yeah, because the candy bars and everything is so small now, everything is so small when you see a full sized candy bars. It's like it's like worn, It's like winning the car on the price is right, like a new car. You know what, everybody would lose their mind. That's the full sized candy bar. It's full size and the curtain opens up and the place goes bananas. Yeah that's how it felt. Yeah. I hope you guys had a great Halloween.
Speaker 5: I've got chilli.
Speaker 3: There's another looking at girls blog page coming like the regular one. What I sent to you this morning was looking at girls Halloween dishes. Oh and Heidi Klum does wait until Halloween, so she is the queen remains said, We said, Megan the Stallion is now coming up in the ranks as being a you know, royalty when it comes to Halloween. So she's of course going to be on there. But there's another looking at girls blog page Chilly Sorry food blog page, all that good stuff. The rod Ryan Show Cares store. Okay, some of you getting paid today. I got two days in a row where people were getting money. Okay, so I need you to spend some of that money in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I am going to beat you up on that. Hey, welcome to November. Everybody, Can you believe it? It's November?
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 3: Can you believe?
Speaker 5: I genuinely can't.
Speaker 3: It's like a like a TV show.
Speaker 5: There's two more months left of the year.
Speaker 3: Can you believe it's already November? So we'll talk about some of the fun things coming up in November. This morning's gonna fly by Man Sammy Baker Davis Junior. You're asked better be up and ready to go for the fresh out of BedHead to head challenge. Hey all you kids better be up and ready to go. I got a text from HISD reminding me that kids had school today. We look forward. We should move trick or treating to the last Saturday of the month. We look forward to your kids being in school tomorrow. I'm like, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess there's a lot of kids that were up a little bit later last night. So lot's the dude today on the show. Wakey, Wakey, hands off those reces. We'll take a short break and we come back. We got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trading, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 13: Houston, Houston's alternative and Holme at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four five The Buss A Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Free Beer Friday, Rodrigo right from Houston. He won that first case of beer. Amiga to my it's Miamigo. All right, what's going on with the rain here? All right? I'm not gonna complain, No no, no, no no, I'm not gonna complaining too. Because the rain held off for the trick or treats last night. It was great, it was awesome. We potentially we were thinking about having a wash out here for Halloween and we didn't.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: Twenty percent chance of rain all day today, mostly high of eighty four. If you're heading down to the Lone Star Rally, Today's the day, right if you're lucky enough to do that. Tomorrow's sixty percent chance of thunderstorms high of eighty one, not so good on two wheels, and Sunday sixty percent chance rainy eighty three. Galveston needs the Long Star Rally to be successful. They make so much money on that. It's it's the biggest money maker. They make more on that, I think than Marti bron I believe it's it's yeah, it's up close it's close. It's one and two. I don't know who's one and who's two. Just be safe if you're heading down there for the Lone Star Rally. Okay, what's trending?
Speaker 5: That's what I was going to talk about.
Speaker 6: So the largest four day motorcycle rally in North America.
Speaker 5: It happens in Galveston.
Speaker 6: They say it brings together some four hundred thousand people and an estimated one hundred and fifty thousand motorcycles each year. It started last night and it goes through the weekend. So as Rod mentioned, if you are heading out there, be safe and hopefully the weather plays nice. The trending last night, So primetime game, the Thursday night game, Texans had it versus the Jets.
Speaker 5: Colonel what the hell man?
Speaker 6: CJ got sacked about eight times and the Jets just looked like a completely different team than they did in the first half.
Speaker 5: Tank Dell Alex is going to talk about it in sports It still.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was just weird, Like, how does fair bear miss a chip shot under I think like twenty seven yards?
Speaker 5: He misses that, he's so he's usually he's good from like sixty So.
Speaker 6: We're just that one handed catch that Homeboy from the Jets had it was it was, it was so so weird, and so that's trending. And then Heidi Klum you had already mentioned her today. Wow, she dressed like a character out of this world.
Speaker 5: Those topoilers. It's in the same worm.
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 3: She was? Unrecognizable? Is weird?
Speaker 5: Not recognizable here either.
Speaker 3: The thing that I love about Heidi Klum and listen, I like slut City and the bit and everything else. Honey Kloom puts her runway model body away on Halloween. Okay, she doesn't have to be tits out so brave. She will do whatever it is to have an unbelievable costume, and girls don't do that.
Speaker 5: Well, he want to come up. She's wearing today is more comfortable than the panty and brawn heels.
Speaker 3: All right, where's our guy here?
Speaker 14: Well, wow, it isn't Sammy Baker Davis Junior.
Speaker 15: Good morning everybody. This is Sammy Baker Davis Junior. This two time Hall of Famer is now. You're fresh out of bed Head to head three day champion, Join me on three Friday when I make it win number four?
Speaker 3: Bitches, did you drop something yesterday during that? Yeah?
Speaker 16: My battery.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, computer battery.
Speaker 3: All right. He said he worked a double last night. Remember he's a ligneman, so he said he had a double before he was playing this morning, if you want to play seven, one, three, five, it's the Buzz for five The Buzz Bad Wolves and Zombie their cover Rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday. Welcome to November, everybody, prob We gotta start gearing up for Thanksgiving. People walking around a little bit in a Halloween coma this morning. That's all right, mostly cloudy today, low chances of rain like twenty percent both today and tonight. The increase really comes Saturday and Sunday. Sixty percent chance rainy thunderstorms. We're in the low eighties this weekend.
Speaker 17: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 3: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 14: Well wow, if it isn't any Baker Davis Junior, Sam, I am good morning.
Speaker 3: Who cares? Who cares you? You worked? He's been working since the last time we talked to him yesterday. Do you work at double Yeah?
Speaker 16: I got one this morning?
Speaker 3: Jeez, dude, all right, what time you got you got to go back in today? Actually already scheduled vacation. So I'm sick. Good for you. Well, then he had to wake up for us. Can you have costume to work for Halloween? Yeah? Alignement, yeah, alignment here sick Ali, Sammy, you're taking on Matt.
Speaker 5: Just just Matt, Hi, Matt?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 16: Matt?
Speaker 3: Welcome back? You've played this year?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: There? This year?
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 4: We started?
Speaker 18: Fourth start or fourth time?
Speaker 3: How do you get through him?
Speaker 5: In Carla?
Speaker 11: People hitting that now?
Speaker 3: Yea persistence?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 3: This is why when you tell me there's other people that call, like, you know, once a week, twice a week. They're like a rod I call all the time. It's not all the time. This is all the time. This isn't all the time, Stitch. All right, Matt, welcome back. If you won anything this year, I mean you're playing every other week.
Speaker 19: I wants the tickets to t shirts.
Speaker 11: That's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well let's see if we can get these today. What do you what do you offering up?
Speaker 6: I've got a comedian Dane Cook playing it by Music Center. I got a pair of tickets to that tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt, Sammy, Sammy's on vacation, he's got time. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Here comes your first question. What's the first letter of the alphabet? Sam a A like Phonsie, what Canada? See? You're the one that brings up Canada all the time. Peop were like, oh, Rd's always talking about Canada. No, he's not.
Speaker 5: Alex Is, but you wish Fonzi is Canadian?
Speaker 3: How do you know Henry Winkler isn't as I know you're right, he's not. Here we go, Sammy, Matt, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Matt, you got smoked on that. Samy's been up for three days and he smoked you on that question. I don't know what your excuse is. Okay, here we go. What were women?
Speaker 2: Right there?
Speaker 3: You go? What were women?
Speaker 9: Matt?
Speaker 3: Matt? What were women? Witches? Tessa?
Speaker 5: What did you said?
Speaker 3: Matt? The questions?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, we are cousins.
Speaker 3: That's a correct answer.
Speaker 5: He's part of my COVID.
Speaker 3: What were women? It's the day after Halloween. We wouldn't ask a Salem witch trial question, would we?
Speaker 6: I mean, if we were lazy and left it on the page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on the show, we would What were women who were burned at the stake in Salem labeled as not sales women right stitches? All right? Uh wow, Matt got that one.
Speaker 5: Rights credible. He's a witch.
Speaker 3: Didn't believe. If I was driving into work listening to this show, I'd say, no, here we go for the win. What is a football field made of? If not real sam turf? If not real grass, I guess you didn't need the rest of that. I guess you didn't need the rest of that question either.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sammy did what he had to do.
Speaker 5: I mean, Matt was like he gave his rig just like the NFL.
Speaker 3: Matt was like a Salem witch. Matt, we gotta say goodbye. I was. I mean, you would you would have beat anyone else today, anyone else but love but Sammy. When he doesn't sleep for three days, he's unstoppable. All right, Matt, have a great weekend. Hey Sammy, all right, you're gonna be around to play. I know you're on your vacation boy now, but are you gonna be around next week?
Speaker 11: I'll be here Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, good?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: My brother, A great game.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or.
Speaker 3: Five of Us or five the Bus. Good morning Rod Ryan's show on the Supree Beer Friday.
Speaker 14: Help.
Speaker 3: You're off to a great start to your day, everybody. Twenty percent chance of rain. That's really about it. Today Today is like good you know, if you're gonna get after it on the two wheels, the motorcycles, the Lone Star Rally which started yesterday, twenty percent chance of rain. Nothing over that both today and tonight. Sixty percent chance of showers Saturday and Sunday. And we got a guy here the fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 15: Good morning everybody. Sammy Baker Davis Junior, still hanging in there. This two time Hall of Famer is now your fresh out of bed head to Head four day champion. Oh we got a big one come Monday morning. You're not gonna want.
Speaker 3: To miss it.
Speaker 15: As I go back in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: I just you think Sammy Baker Davis Junior, who's been playing forever, you think he's like a six time Hall of Famer or something. It always shocks me when he said he's only been in two times. Let's see if he can get it done. I don't know, like he'll be all rested up. That's not good for him. He plays better when he's running on fumes. You know, got some awall nation tickets coming up for you, But first, it's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we make you look smart in front of your buddies, it's the funk that to the day.
Speaker 3: I've brought some fun facts for you. There's a couple of lingering like you had some lingering Halloween stuff floating around. This is still kind of halloweeny ish. Janet Lee. They won't know how should know? Janet Lee Getty Lee's sister, Getty Lee's sister. That's incorrect. Janet Lee was in the shower when Psycho came in and.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, wait wait.
Speaker 3: With all the chocolate, Alfred Hitchcock, the blood was chocolate, right. The fun fact about Janet Lee. After she watched herself in that famous shower scene in Psycho, which hel knows that it was chocolate, she never took another shower. She claims she only took baths the rest of her life. Boss, I don't believe it. I don't believe her.
Speaker 5: I don't think she's a lot of time to run a bus.
Speaker 3: I just there's not always a bath option, you know, But again I don't. I think she just wanted to keep up the whole mystique about psycho astronauts in space. They can't do laundry, so dirty clothes from the International Space Station they get sent out into space to just kind of burn up in the Earth's atmosphere. No laundry. How great would that be to burn all your clothes? How great would that life be? Like the witches burn? Oh my god, do you get done? You get done wearing your clothes and you throw them in the hamper and it just goes into a black hole and you never see that again.
Speaker 5: But like like your shirt, there's just more.
Speaker 3: There's more nice shirts. There's your painting clothes, stuff out there. Oh my god, to never do laundry. Speaking of space, NASA has offices and they have a laboratory in a building in New York City. Where is it in New York City. It's right above Tom's Restaurant. That's the diner from Seinfeld Naturally, that's right above Seinfeld NASA.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck back to the day, make you look smart, to the day.
Speaker 3: You give it away.
Speaker 6: Over there, I've got a pair of tickets see a Wall Nation at the House to Blues.
Speaker 3: It's your fun America's Big Four rival, Pizza Chains, Domino's, Papa John's Pizza Hut, and Little Caesars all do this seven one three, two one two, And I know they make pizza. I'm talking about the fun fact from yesterday. Okay, smart ass, all do this. What do we learn about the Big Four yesterday on the fun Facts seven one three, two, one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain.
Speaker 3: Cash working with a bunch of wise guys. Yeah, they make pizza. Yeah, they make pizza. They do eight and sixteen slight set out. All right, we'll first tell us how he did on Wall Street and then get out. Okay, we did terrible.
Speaker 12: The daw was down three hundred and seventy eight points kickoff this morning at forty one thousand, seven sixty three. NASDAC down five hundred and twelve points to eighteen thousand, ninety five. That's Martenyar. Treasury is at a four point twenty nine percent and oil stands at seventy dollars sixty eight cents a barrel to the most actives. The Big Studs Verizon, Amgen, and Walt Disney, the big duds, Microsoft, Intel, and Amazon on the economic calendar this morning, he's pretty crewded. We'll get auto sales also the new unemployment number, both for October right now. Futures looking good on the hipside. Hanging on to this via pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it. I'm matt here. This is howlam Man's he directed with the Raymon James ported for the Ride Ryan Show from Raymond James on Saint Felip Don Augusta, No forget toys, a.
Speaker 3: Rock out with the stock out.
Speaker 13: Opinions expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associate of Zancome ever nyt as, IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational purposes. On theek, The studs of Duds are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 3: By Young ninety four five. The Buzz Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Yeah, there we go. Hi, who's on the phone, says we Wes welcome in America's big four rival pizza chains. That would be Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, and Little Caesars. What do they all do the same?
Speaker 16: They all use the same.
Speaker 3: Say it again, your phone cut out. I want you to get this right, go ahead.
Speaker 19: They use the same cheese.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes they do. Congratulations, we got a winner here on the phone. Would you please look them up with those tickets?
Speaker 5: There a well Nation House, some blues. They're yours man, all right?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah. They all buy their cheese from the same dude, James Loprino. His company sells one pounds of cheese every year. It's a wonderful fun fact. Wes, have a great weekend. Thank you, thank you, Thanks Bro. I'm wet. I'm that I I have it written down. It says, have a good weekend, Rod I said that to myself. I'm gonna manifest it rain and all. What's this, man, I don't know. It's ninety four or five The Buzz Ship Pupka, Oh, that's who they are. Ninety four and five The Buzz Good morning, Rob Ryan's show. We'll get to another case of beer coming up in just a little bit. Oh wow, really quick. All right, let's move. Twenty percent chance of rain today, mostly cloudy throughout the day. But that's it today. Twenty percent chance. Now Saturday and Sunday sixty percent chance of thunderstorms, rainy hies in the lower eighties. Tessa, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 6: Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump probably feel like they are both following each other because they were both in Arizona and Nevada, and now they're both scheduled to be in Milwaukee. The locations that they're going to be at are barely ten minutes apart.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, the political season almost over. Guys, it's almost over.
Speaker 6: Last day of early voting today, Get two, go exercise your you're right, No, no, no.
Speaker 3: Get to it, go you do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm saying it for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, say it to me.
Speaker 5: I have a flight that you don't want to be out there town tonight. So after Yeah, I've got like, today's the day.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be out there.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be out there, period.
Speaker 6: I gots You're honest, it's rough, but I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: You're going again.
Speaker 2: Home.
Speaker 3: He's not doing that, not that hard.
Speaker 5: You do it all right.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about Wendy's because they're closing about one hundred and forty of its burger restaurants by the end of the year. Executives at Wendy's broke the news yesterday during an earnings call and set about one hundred and forty low performing restaurants will be shut down worldwide. Their CEO said they'll be replaced by new restaurants at more profitable locations. Wendy's has over seven thousand restaurants, including six thousand in the United States. There's a debate on social media about whether it's cool to take your shoes off and walk around in your socks.
Speaker 5: Come on, seriously at the office.
Speaker 6: Some people say they've noticed it happening more after the pandemic as part of several ways people are still acting like they're at home. We have a pole up at Ron Ryan's show. Lots of people tend to be against it in the comments on this pole, But what are people saying?
Speaker 3: All I see is that guy getting his hand blown off.
Speaker 5: I can't seem to find our pole it's not our pole. Is it pinned?
Speaker 3: All right? Is it cool to take your shoes off at we're eighty nine percent of our audience says no, I mean it's ten point three percent. I think it's okay. How is it okay to walk around? And this is not bare assed foot? This is with your It says specifically, walk around, work with your socks on?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 9: Where do you.
Speaker 3: Work at slacker dot com?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is your private playground, you get it. Okay, So you work at some really cool hip plays Are you just doing shots for lunch running around?
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the middle, you know in some cultures. Didn't.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm going to be in my if you need me, I'll be in I pod.
Speaker 5: Shut off.
Speaker 3: Nassy socks, I wear socks at work, just socks, socks. Don't don't walk around in just your socks at work. Ten percent of our audience says it's cool. Cool shoes.
Speaker 5: Shoes so cool?
Speaker 3: You know what's cool sneakers.
Speaker 6: Forbes is out with the list of their highest paid dead celebrities of twenty twenty four. Michael Jackson tops the list after making six hundred million dollars this year from the Michael Jackson musical that's been touring all over the world on Broadway. Freddy Mercury comes in at number two, having made two hundred and fifty million dollars this year. Number three is Doctor Seuss. Rounding at the top five our Elvis Presley, who made another fifty million dollars this year, and then Rich Don't I don't know who the songwriter for the Cars is Rick okasik Okay Sick. He made forty five million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he made a lot of money. I thought Bob Marley would have been a higher up when they had a movie about him.
Speaker 1: Then everything and like, Bob Marley sells so much craft, he might be top ten.
Speaker 5: I don't have the five.
Speaker 3: He's a top ten or for sure, Bob. Sorry. If you have an adult trampoline, bounce house or ballpit at your work, you can go in socks. Those are the three things. Those are the three We're off.
Speaker 5: It's like a wrestling mat, maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a dojo.
Speaker 5: You work at dojo, you're a gymnastis coach?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 6: Let's go Metallicas Kirk Hammett says, working at Burger King helps him start his guitar collection.
Speaker 5: He says he was going out with this chick and she's like, let's go to Burger King.
Speaker 6: So they were sitting there and she came back with an application for a job there, and.
Speaker 5: He was like what. And then he was like, no, no, wait, this is brilliant.
Speaker 6: I'll just work at Burger King long enough for me to save up some money so I can trade my old strat maybe two hundred and three hundred toward a brand new black Flying V that was at Leo's Music in Oakland.
Speaker 5: And he said that he eventually traded.
Speaker 6: In that strat and got the Flying V and was so happy because he.
Speaker 3: Worked for it, because he got a job when he was a kid. You hear that. Hear that he got a job and bought things with his own money.
Speaker 5: Something he wanted, something he wanted he worked for and got.
Speaker 3: Like Dane Cook, he worked at the BK Lounge. Yeah, as since that night, you can have it your with.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Uh Ooh Texans not great?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thursday night football, Texans fell to the Jets twenty one to thirteen. They like banged up, the offensive line didn't look good, and they just seemed off all night. Apart from Joe Mixon and Tank del who had good games. Texans are now six and three in the season. They're gonna play the Lions next Sunday on Sunday Night Football. In college football, some notable games on the schedule tomorrow. The biggest game of the day is gonna be number four Ohio State taking on number three Penn State at eleven am.
Speaker 5: You can watch that on Fox.
Speaker 11: You off.
Speaker 1: H will play seventeenth three inch Kansas State at two thirty, and number ten Texas A and M is going to be at South Carolina at six thirty. You can watch that one on ABC. In basketball, the Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Mavericks one o eight to one oh two. Jalen Green had twenty three points in the night to lead the team in scoring. Rockets are now three and two. They're gonna have a day off today before playing the Warriors tomorrow night at the Toyota. And in soccer, it's playoff time for Houston Dynamo FC. They've got a must win game on Sunday against the Seattle Sounders at Shell Energy Stadium. Dynamo are down one to oh in this best of three series that they'll start at five thirty Sunday night.
Speaker 3: You can watch it on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 16: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six to ten am.
Speaker 9: The Bus, Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Man Right, Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Hey morning, how's it going today?
Speaker 3: Not too bad?
Speaker 9: Who's this awesome? This is Corey Haynes.
Speaker 3: Corey Haynes. How much candy did you eat yesterday? Don't lie to me, do not light to me right now?
Speaker 19: Oh man, I had less than ten pieces of a good Boy.
Speaker 3: Less than ten pieces. Wait wait, I'm thinking about it now because I snuck some. I had less than ten pieces.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had less in ten.
Speaker 3: But did you have a big, full size nothing? Nothing was in the full size range under my ten pieces.
Speaker 6: I had like these little measly pat I had like the sour punch straws and they give you like half a straw.
Speaker 5: It's like two of those. I had the gummy worms, the sour gummy worms.
Speaker 3: It's like we're having candy confession right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like, confess right now. Yeah, that's it, Corey, less than ten pieces of candy.
Speaker 3: I got a full case of beer for you. Oh let that play again. I don't mind a little extra one of those. But what I wanted to hit was the bell Corey Specs is, uh, we're gonna give you a case of beer. Specks is helping us out with that. All right.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 7: You'll have a great weekend, man.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you. Yeah, it could be a little rainy out there today, only get twenty percent chance of rain. Saturday and Sunday sixty percent chance of thunderstorms and rain. It's a big weekend down on the island, Galveston Lone Star Rally. You know, I don't know, what did you telling me? It's the biggest four day motorcycle rally.
Speaker 5: In North America?
Speaker 3: God Lee, I mean, all you ever hear about is Sturgis, right, yeah, four days you hear about Sturgis and Sturges goes on longer.
Speaker 6: I think, I don't know, Yeah, I think it's like two weeks or yeah, it's a couple of weekends, four days, so maybe that's that's it.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's huge don't get me wrong, it's huge. We love Galveston, we love the Lone Star Rally. Please be safe everybody that's going to be out there getting after it on two wheels this weekend. What else I want to talk about? Things to look forward to in November coming up? Can you believe it's November already? The one thing that I do know, I can, I can. I can get you two days in a row because Tesla got paid on the last day of the month yesterday. Okay, that was yesterday, and I beat you up a little bit. I was encouraging everybody to go to the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Today's Friday. Some people just get paid on Friday. Yeah, alex is getting paid on a Friday, not today, So you can't. You don't have to go into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. You'll get in.
Speaker 5: There, but don't. Some people get paid on the first No, did I just make that up? It's like the fifteenth and the thirtieth.
Speaker 3: I think your rents do on the first. So if you're a landlord, you get paid.
Speaker 5: Oh I am a landlord.
Speaker 3: Then you get paid today. Yeah, so then you need to get into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store.
Speaker 5: It's the house.
Speaker 3: For the first time ever incorporating this auction into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. We have two unique items. You are bidding on. These items they cannot they will not be made again. They are each unique and beautiful in their own way. So big with confidence, this is going to be up all weekend long. So the rod Ryan Show the Phony Festival shirt with all the funny band names you have, the rod Ryan Show Hoodie guys, Hoodies hoodie. I feel like Oprah.
Speaker 9: It's hoodie time.
Speaker 3: It's good Low of seventy two tonight hoodie time. Okay, hooty time. I'm that hood me. So that we've got the hoodie, which we know, it's gonna get cool around here. That rod Ryan Showed twentieth anniversary custom rapped acoustic guitar is up for bids. And then there's the one of a kind embroidered jean jacket autographed by everyone that performed at the twentieth anniversary party. It's a beautiful jean jacket. The embroidery on it is unbelievable. Thank you to our friend Jessica that had that made for us. It really is. It's special. It's special and it's one of a kind. Jessica works over at Byu City Graphics, but she went out and did that on her own and got that for us. Cheeto, of course, did the brilliant wrapping from bull Printing Wraps and graphics on that guitar. So the store stays open. Okay, it's Leo with the mic. I'm not leaving. I'm not leaving. I'm okay, We're gonna get this. But the store is leaving on Monday at ten o'clock. You have until now until Monday at ten o'clock to get into the store, make some purchases, make a donation so that that check is nice and big that we we we make to M d Anderson for breast cancer research. Okay, guys, quick break, let me come back in a direct chap for you. We'll find out what's trending. We'll give you tickets to Lincoln Park, which is one week away. They're playing Arlington, Don't Go Anywhere.
Speaker 16: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows ninety.
Speaker 3: Four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, brod Ryan Show. On this free beer Friday, down two cases. Thank you specs.
Speaker 2: We'll have a.
Speaker 3: Case of beer straight up at eight, nine and nine o'clock and then of course open phones Friday, the last hour of the show. I can't wait. Don't worry. We'll get somebody on to win. Some great tickets coming up in just a moment. But first, Tesla's gonna tell us about what's trending.
Speaker 5: Dude, to me, more to me Moore. In that new film, he's doing the substance. Do you see that Instagram post?
Speaker 3: I have it on looking at girls today?
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean trigger warning. It's insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty naughty.
Speaker 5: Huh yeah, dude, Alex just have him Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, just wow, Okay, just.
Speaker 3: Wow looking at girls blog page.
Speaker 5: What he's going on?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, and it's also Halloween, so Happy Halloween from Demium War. The new Squid Game too trailer has been released. I was wondering how they were going to approach this Squid game. The first one was wildly popular, and we're going to get a season two and it's backed by a new trailer. Now I can tell you that the original player was plotting his return to the game. We learned that he successfully gets back into Squid Game and he's going to like try to save the lives of other players while he's in there. If you watch the trailer, like that's kind of going to be the angle they're going to take. So I don't know if they can capture lightning in a bottle twice?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: Did you see Brenda Lee has approved AI to give ragging around the Christmas Tree no new.
Speaker 5: Life, she lets AI translated to Spanish.
Speaker 6: It doesn't sound bad, sounds pretty cold Spanish, but too early to talk about rocking around the Christmas tree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean listen now if you go in Spanish Christmas songs just police nave don.
Speaker 5: Oh that's sad.
Speaker 3: What did you What if you AI that in English? We could do that? Or would you get in trouble for it?
Speaker 5: Well, you'd got You'd have to get approval.
Speaker 1: Hose Feliciano, you would have to get Hosseys approval, just like Brenda Lee gave the okay here.
Speaker 5: So that's what's trending on ninety four five.
Speaker 14: Plus.
Speaker 3: Let's give something away.
Speaker 6: I have Lincoln Park tickets Globe Life Field in Arlington Is where they'll play November eighth, If.
Speaker 3: Anyone's interested in that, does Police nave Don translates to merry Christmas. Is just is it literal? And merry Christmas?
Speaker 6: Police Na, Well, if a lease is like happy merry, yeah, like yeah, it's not a literal transformation.
Speaker 5: A lease is like happy.
Speaker 3: Half happy Christmas, Happy Christmas, happy, happy Christmas.
Speaker 5: I want to wish you a merry Christmas. I mean, it's really that's He kind of translates it in the song, not all of it, all right.
Speaker 3: Caller ten gets the tickets to Lincoln Park one week from today. Anybody want to jump from Yeah, come on, come jump with me? Why not?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: The jumping's fine. Let's go back store, on my back store from passing out candy. It's not good. Oh my saiatica.
Speaker 9: That doesn't stop me.
Speaker 3: I'm still gonna jump around while you're dialing in. It's House of Pain ninety four or five.
Speaker 5: The bus, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Just feels right, doesn't it. Ninety four or five? The buzz with House of Pains jump around on a Friday. It's my new favorite tradition that started this year too. Thank you guys for allowing us jump around with you a little bit on Friday mornings. I'm a little lot of breath that's why I'm taking my time, well too much jumping your mosey cloudy today, Hi to eighty four sixty percent chance of thunderstorms both Saturday and Sunday, So thunderstorms, rainy, low eighties. Let's go to the phones. Good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 3: Who's this is?
Speaker 6: Courtney?
Speaker 3: Was you jumping around with us a little bit?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 5: Who I am?
Speaker 9: Droop? Hey?
Speaker 3: Your color number ten? Congratulations?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What do we think? What is she thanking us for?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 5: Do to tickets to see Lincoln Park in Arlington? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Nations?
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: One week from today they'll be playing in Arlington. Will they be coming and swinging around? I think they're going to be very, very busy in twenty twenty five, so hopefully we'll get a chance to see him. But you're gonna be lucky enough to see him on this first initial stint. Way to go, Courtney, thanks for hanging with us. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I have a great day, you two.
Speaker 3: Thank you. How did you do on Halloween yesterday? Did you pass out candy? We did.
Speaker 19: We had a lot of sug re treats yesterday.
Speaker 3: Give me a ballpark number. How many kids you think came up to your.
Speaker 11: Door over two hundred.
Speaker 3: Over two hundred. That's a good amount. Yeah, that's a good amount of kids. Thank you, Courtney. I appreciate it. I had to be a thousand. Yeah, yeah, I had to be a thousand. That's good. Last night there was a time where there were thirty kids in line, like at the end of the tube. It was just non stop. I mean, I might need to go in for Tommy Johns.
Speaker 5: The Height, not like the Heights is like a Halloween town. Really, it really is.
Speaker 3: It's fun. Yeah, yeah, it's just it was packed and it was great. All right, Courtney, hang in there. I hope you guys have all had a great Halloween. I don't know, you know what I wanted to talk about this Three things you must see. I mean, I guess we can get into it. The guy blowing off his hand. Oh no, Alex, I know you've I know you've seen it. I know that you've seen it happened. And La Dodgers. There's a reason that I brought this up right now because three things you must see. There's a Dietitian on there that and I've heard parents and I've even had friends that have done this they say, give your kids unlimited access to that Halloween candy. It's okay. If they get a tummy ache, you almost you almost want them to get you almost want them to get sick. Yeah, I don't know. I feel like, Okay, well, why are you letting me read all that candy? I was trying to teach her a lesson? Well did you no, she just ate a ton of candy. Yeah, it never got six Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that too. Yeah, why is your kid? Why is your six year old doing? Shot?
Speaker 5: Kids?
Speaker 3: Because I wanted to hate it, This registered dietitian, completely viral, says, let the kids eat as much Halloween candy as they want, don't limit it. I understand the fact because it was the forbidden fruit when I was a child, and you wanted what you couldn't have, and my mom was so strict about it. We were eating candy when we were on the road trick or treating, you know, not bringing it home to check for the razor blades, and we ate a ton of it while we were running house to house. But as soon as it entered the home, we knew that was no longer our candy. My mom took our candy and then we were rationed. You know, we got one piece every day for like the next six months. In our lunch, we got one piece of candy. This dietitian says, you put the limits on it. It makes the candy seem like what I said forbidden surprise.
Speaker 5: It's like a treaty.
Speaker 3: Negatively negatively impact. And then you're trying to sneak and binge and do all these things. Anyways, so that's where I was going with the candy thing. But yeah, the headline on three things you Must see today the same for everybody, and maybe it is for kids to see what could happen if you play with fireworks. This guy blows off his hand like he splits his hand. He splits, he splits his hand. Okay, it's an LA Dodgers fan, Alex Alex hate to see it. He basically blew off his hand with a firework while celebrating the World Series win. Now, maybe a few fingers are a lot of blood. A lot of blood. I don't know everything that we're doing right now. It's not an exaggeration. This is one of those that is not for everyone. He's in bad shape, He's going to survive. I don't know what that hand's gonna look like afterwards, will not be able to go on. Oh boy, Alex is the hands not even cold?
Speaker 5: And he's talking about it nothing, So I don't care how they feel.
Speaker 3: Okay, Alex's dead inside. If you're dead inside, you want to watch this. You don't play with the fireworks. I mean I love fireworks. Fires no no, no, yeah, yeah, I mean I love fireworks. You've got to be responsible, you got to do it. I don't know if this guy was drinking. I don't know anything about the circumstance other than he didn't have it laying on the ground and he lit it. He lit it while it was in his hand, and it went off in his hand.
Speaker 5: Kind of tell you not to do that.
Speaker 3: What do you think it was like? An M eight? It wasn't a pack of I've had a pack of fire crackers go out to my hand. At least had to be more than I feel like I had to be more than that, right, An M eight could split your hand? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, at least the old school ones. I don't know.
Speaker 5: All right, not chill that.
Speaker 3: Three things you must see today, maybe not for everyone.
Speaker 5: My name is Ron, and I like to part It's three Deer.
Speaker 3: Friday on The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four or five The Buzz ninety four or five of the Buzz of in Essence with Paul McCoy, Let's bring Me to Life, Rod Ryan Show, bless you, Thank you. A lot of people going to look at that to me more situation. What the heck I'm looking at girls, it's wild, It's wild. Dallas Daniel said he's seen the movie. He said it's not for everybody. He's gonna have a full review.
Speaker 5: Okay, he liked it.
Speaker 6: Well, I like his reviews, and he has a pretty good I mean he's our movie critic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's our resident movie critic.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. When you feel I don't agree with everything, but I don't get to see most of what he sees. But when when you feel like you align, when any movie critic, when they talk about things the way that you saw them in the movie, you're like, hey, I like this person. Okay, yeah me too. I gets it, me too. That's how I felt about the movie.
Speaker 10: I like this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I feel about Dallas Danton.
Speaker 5: When they put your feelings into words, that makes sense. That's always nice.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What I don't like is when callers call in and sound cooler than me, have a better voice than me. I'm more entertaining and more articulate and funnier that I don't appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, okay, who sent you? I don't appreciate that at all, So stop it, not get off. No, they're gonna do it at nine. They're doing at nine open phones.
Speaker 3: Bring it. Hey, can you believe it's November? Everybody?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: Can you believe it?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, what about there's only two months left.
Speaker 2: In the year.
Speaker 5: I can't believe that. Where did the year go? You tell me? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's gone by very very quick. We've been busy.
Speaker 6: That helps you do October kick your ass? Or did it leave you feeling like, hell, yeah, we did it? Like, how do you feel about this whole month? Because it was the This has been the busiest month of my entire life.
Speaker 5: I'm not kidding, Like, I'm not exaggerating.
Speaker 3: Boobs Rock month is always busy. Sprinkle in a twentieth aniversary party that was like a once in a lifetime amazing thing, and leading up to it, Yeah, I think the last two months have been very busy Monster jam Yeah, busy, busy, fun though really fun. We're not done. We're working on something. I haven't mentioned this on the air at all, but working closely with Wizard and the fun squad over there promotions, trying to get you guys some guitars for the holidays, you know, but not waiting until December, doing it earlier, and you know, maybe a fall guitarveist.
Speaker 5: He said, guitarvest.
Speaker 3: He said it on air, Wizard, I said, guitarviist. So other things to look forward to in November. I mean, I wish everybody has a good fall harvest, you know, just a regular harvest. I'm going to try to provide you guys a guitarveist. Daylight saving time is the number one thing right now. It's this Sunday. Yes, you gain an hour of sleep Saturday nights. Okay, awesome. Yes, it's gonna be so short sighted, short minded. Okay, it's gonna be dark at five o'clock. So there's that, and then it only gets better. Election Day is on Tuesday. Hell yeah, I can't wait it.
Speaker 5: Jazz does.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing. It's good, you know, if your guy, your gal isn't it doesn't win, then I understand where it's bad. But election day is on Tuesday today. You can still early vote. Okay. We may not know who wins on election night, but we should be done with the campaigning commercials, which is great. Okay. Now in sports, there's a new NBA season, it's just getting started. The MLS playoffs are underway, righty, Dynamo play on Sunday. The NASCAR Cup Series Championship goes down November tenth. And then for me, this Jake Paul Mike Tyson thing. For some reason, I'm oddly interested in this. I'm not, you know. Chili gets mad. He's like, well, why do you like the circus stuff? There's a lot of really good boxing out there that you should be enjoying. Rod, I'm like, I don't know. I like the freak show stuff. Netflix. November fifteenth, Jake Paul and Mike Tyson. Is this an up charge to what I already pay for Netflix? I don't think so. Okay, can you think the Jolly Chance Net thing? I hope you're right. I don't want to pay any more money for it.
Speaker 5: Hey, if it is not me too.
Speaker 3: Gladiator two is coming out this month for my kid, Mawana two. I don't know. She's just like kind of nah on it on Malwana in general, Ormana two specific Mowanna was number one for a long time in the house straight on.
Speaker 5: Like she's gonna love it.
Speaker 6: Might be growing up though, you know what I mean, Like you might like look back on that movie, which was only a year ago, and you're like, I'm a grown up now, dad, Like, please don't bring up Moana to me ma Wana two.
Speaker 3: On the twenty seventh Part two of the sixth season of Cobra Kai Netflix fifteen.
Speaker 5: Six seasons of Cobra Kai, good for them?
Speaker 3: Me and Tessa's dad stoked the only ones. Is anyone still hanging in there with Cobrah or is it just me? I feel like you're not even as excited as you once were.
Speaker 5: Now, dude. I think I got all the way to like three or four, and then I was kind of off it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right. The holidays, the big ones, Veterans Day on the eleventh, back up rod, November tenth Marine Corps Birthday. They're already hit me up, so November tenth Marines Veterans Day, the eleventh, Thanksgiving on the twenty eighth, and then there's gonna be a bunch of silly sandwich days, and every there is a National Happy Hour Day. I don't remember that one. I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 6: It's also All Souls Day today and then Dia delasmort dos happening all this weekend.
Speaker 5: I believe there's gonna be a parade.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, Thanksgiving is late this year. Yeah, last week, so Black Friday. Black Friday will be on the twenty ninth. Is that still a thing. I don't know. I guess they still want us to think it's the ball on that day? Now, Yeah, I heard. I saw that too. So Cyber Monday isn't until December. So that's what you got to look forward to this month. I mean two months left on the year. Okay, use it or lose it?
Speaker 16: What alternative?
Speaker 10: The road Last The Morning Show six to ten am, ninety far Fa.
Speaker 3: Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Frauday, we've got another case of beer coming up for you, so sit tight for that. Thank you to our good friends at Specs for hooking us up with the beers. Mostly cloudy today and tonight, nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain Okay, that looks pretty good, especially if you're going to be heading down to the Lone Star Rally tonight. Today might be the day to do it. Sixty percent chance of thunderstorms tomorrow and sixty percent chance again with the rain on Sunday, it's going to keep it in the lower eighties at least. But yeah, that rain is not good on the motorcycle at all, So please be safe on Lone Star Rally weekend. What else is going on? What are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: With the final week before election Day?
Speaker 6: Upon US Vice President Harrison former President Trump will both be campaigning in the Milwaukee area today. They're going to be like ten minutes away from each other in Milwaukee. Trump is holding a rally and Harris is scheduled to be in a sub for a concert and a rally there. So yeah, you know, election season, that's really what everyone's talking about. There was also, I mean, this isn't very light tight or bright, but I believe there was some allegation of voter registration fraud in two counties over in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: So that was going on.
Speaker 6: And then Donald Trump is suing CBS News for ten billion dollars for allegedly making Kamala Harris look good in a sixty minutes interview, so his legal team filed that lawsuit yesterday.
Speaker 5: He says the network.
Speaker 6: He's claiming that the network edited the footage to cast Harris in a positive light. The lawsuit says CBS participated in partisan and unlawful acts of election and voter interference and substantial news distortion when it aired the interview.
Speaker 5: The network says Trump's claims are false and the interview was not doctored.
Speaker 6: And okay, yes, it is that time of the year again, daylight saving time ending early Sunday morning, when two am becomes one am. In a new poll, twenty eight percent of people said they are not looking forward to it, even though we're gaining an hour. Forty one percent of people say they really don't care about it either way, but.
Speaker 5: Twenty three percent of people say they're looking forward.
Speaker 6: To it, which goes to show how some people like the darker evenings of fall and winter, or they're just you know, willing to look forward to anything.
Speaker 2: This morning.
Speaker 3: It's wild to me. It's wild to me somebody that's looking forward to it. You don't have to think like me on all these things. If you're indifferent, you don't care, it doesn't bother you. I can kind of see you that some people just don't like getting involved. You're looking forward to it getting dark at fine, I like, what's lacking in your life?
Speaker 5: I literally like the one night it happens and that's it. Like, I like that night, it's like hell.
Speaker 6: And then I and then when I day when I when I worked in a bar, I hated it because it would hit one o'clock.
Speaker 5: It would like we'd have to work that extra hour, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, oh, they wouldn't recognize it until after they were normally closing two am.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's exactly two am when the bars cloths in Texas.
Speaker 3: So it's like, damn it.
Speaker 6: But you would make a little bit more money as people would get be drunk and tippy wore. So yeah, let's talk about our celebrity news. Have you ever heard of the theory that Jenny and Forrest Gump is actually the villain?
Speaker 3: Everyone thought that. I mean, she's an evil She's one of the most evil characters ever.
Speaker 6: I don't think initially, I think this is like years after the movie. I don't think when we all watched Forrest Gump was like, oh my god, she's the worst.
Speaker 3: The biggest asshole ever.
Speaker 6: I thought she was a tortured soul and she and she was, she was, you know, someone try trying to figure it out.
Speaker 5: So yeah, in the movie, she pops in and out of Forrest's life.
Speaker 6: She doesn't commit to him until she finds out that she has an incurable disease, and then she brings.
Speaker 3: The sun into the picture.
Speaker 5: She never bothered to tell him about.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 6: When Stephen Colbert asked Robin Wright about that on his show this week, she says she hadn't heard that theory until just before the show, but she kind of did agree with it and said, think about how she treated Forrest not great. It's interesting that Robin doesn't have a defense for her own character, because there is one, and it's pretty solid.
Speaker 5: Jenny was abused by her father.
Speaker 6: And to put it mildly, stuff like that tends to leave a psychological mark.
Speaker 5: So maybe Jenny's dad is the real villain.
Speaker 3: She's walking around this world, the same world that we're in, not knowing that Jenny is the biggest asshole in cinema.
Speaker 5: You guys are hard on Jenny, you guys are too hard.
Speaker 6: You remember when little Jenny let forst sit with her on the bus when no one else wanted to.
Speaker 5: She was laughing, I don't know no. And then she helped him break out of his braces and she was like run.
Speaker 6: And then remember she taught him to pray. She was like, hi with me, farsh. You guys are too hard on Jenny.
Speaker 3: And then she became a whore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then Jenny because her dad was a crazy pervert.
Speaker 3: So we're led to believe, uh, we saw that.
Speaker 6: Oliver Anthony says he's getting out of the music industry a little over a year after Richmond North of Richmond hit number one. He says he's not quitting, he said completely, but he just wants nothing to do with a corporate element. It doesn't mean he's done performing all together. He says he's going to keep releasing songs like normally. He just wants nothing to do with big music industry. He says he's switching his business to a traveling ministry where he'll still do shows, so he's not going to sell tickets through sites like live Nation.
Speaker 5: And ticket Master.
Speaker 3: He walked away from so much money.
Speaker 6: He just wants to hit the small town's most artists never go to that's according to him.
Speaker 3: So why I got out of the music game too. It's like it's not about you know the corporations made.
Speaker 5: Is that he stopped singing all together.
Speaker 3: I don't remember your hit.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah it was before I got to that point a small town folks.
Speaker 3: I think you got out before you got in.
Speaker 5: I well, like I was.
Speaker 3: About to get in so hard that they were like, all right, You're the next big thing, and I was like, no, I.
Speaker 5: Don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: Was there a viral video that we missed? It was not released because he was about to be so viral.
Speaker 5: Gotcha well sing something for as No, You're not small town?
Speaker 3: Not small town? Anything in sports?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah on Thursday night football, you mightn't want to hear it. But the Texans did lose to the Jets twenty one thirteen. They looked banged up, the offensive line looked bad again, and pretty much everybody decides Joe Mixon and Tank Dell just looked off all night. Texans are six and three on the season, not too bad. They can turn things around, though, and they're gonna get healthier as it goes on. They're gonna play the Lions on Sunday Night football next week. In college football, these notable games on the schedule for tomorrow. The big game of the weekend is number four Ohio State playing number three Penn State.
Speaker 3: That'll be at eleven am tomorrow morning. You can watch it on Fox.
Speaker 1: Also on Fox, UH is gonna host number seventeen Kansas State at two thirty and tenth ranked A and M will be at South Carolina at six thirty tomorrow night. That'll be on ABC. In basketball, the Rockets got to win last night. They beat the Mavericks one o eight to one oh two. Jalen Green continued to dominate. He had twenty three points in the night to lead the team in scoring. Him and Shane gun are just going off to start the season. Right now, Rockets are three and two on the season. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Warriors tomorrow night at Toyota Center. It is also a playoff time for Houston DINAFC. They've got a must win games Sunday against the Seattle Sounders at Shell Energy Stadium. Then we're down one oh in this best of three series. I'll start at five thirty on Sunday night and you can watch it on Apple TV.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 16: Easton's Rock and Alternatives, The Rod Rock The.
Speaker 10: Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four five.
Speaker 3: Noons.
Speaker 4: Bother Frog, a Cold Bus song called him Brah Bry Cook the phone on them Box of Colder Streamer Boss called him.
Speaker 8: Day Brodayam Brody and Rock Friday and.
Speaker 3: Friday and Friday, Good Money, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this.
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 3: This is Christler from Katie. Christian from Katie. You call her number ten, congratulates him. I'm gonna give you a case of beer. It would be the third one we've we've given away.
Speaker 14: Oh that's so awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Pretty awesome Friday.
Speaker 3: It's pretty awesome. That makes my Friday too, man, making you happy, it's great. How did the Halloween go for you? Did you get trigger treaders at your house? Do you do that? Do you dress up? What'd you do? What'd you do yesterday?
Speaker 19: I actually actually took my little one out trigger treating.
Speaker 3: It was a good time.
Speaker 19: Luckily it wasn't raining over there at the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so it worked out. Would your kid dress up as.
Speaker 15: He dressed up as it was kind of a combo, kind of like Scream.
Speaker 19: Ghost Face but with a different mask.
Speaker 9: Sure, yeah, but it was worked out.
Speaker 19: You had a good time and you definitely got a lot of loop.
Speaker 3: And you were out and Katie very good. Okay, bro holding it down on the best side. That's Christian. He's got himself a case of beer. I saw some pictures of little baby L dressed up for her first Halloween. What happened yesterday? It looked like was there a theme of the whole family, like your brother his chick and then your parents there was a was it Noah's ark was going on?
Speaker 1: L is her name's L. So he just like, elephant would be funny for a first Halloween costume.
Speaker 3: It is funny.
Speaker 1: And then my wife and I bought elephant costumes for ourselves. And then my parents were like, well, if you're unied costumes, we're Uni costumes too. But they were just like, it's just be Safari animals. So my brother got a giraffe costume, and then my mom was a bear and my dad was a zebra.
Speaker 3: And then my brother's wife, not necessarily a Safari animal, but was a cow.
Speaker 5: So I still played we were animals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that plays. Now do you did you take l around town or a couple of homes.
Speaker 1: At to my parents? Asking Katie like, nobody really does that in my apartments, So go to Katie and we went to my I was next to our neighbor, so very good. She didn't get the candy, but we don't need candy. We just wanted to do the first trick of cheating thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we went out and we hung out Protections. Unfortunately, there were a lot of little kids, like little little kids. Yeah, little baby like you're like your baby four or five months. There were you know, lots of one year olds and then people just you know, kids just starting to walk. And early on five point thirty was when the little kids started coming around. And they're funny, they're all they're all funny looking. Yeah, you know, they don't know who Spider Man.
Speaker 5: Is and they don't really know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little hulk like when you took out London when she was maybe two years old, not even.
Speaker 5: And wasn't that like her first Really we went around.
Speaker 3: In our old neighborhood, but it wasn't that big a deal. That people weren't into it. So in the Heights, she was two or maybe two, and she was Hulk.
Speaker 5: So funny, it looked so funny.
Speaker 3: There was a little Hulk having a meltdown yesterday and it kind of reminded me.
Speaker 5: Of that and stuff.
Speaker 3: So there was a little Hulk having a milkdown. I don't want that. I want this. I don't want that. Oh okay, oh, I must have the I have the peep Show playing. I'm sorry. I was trying to get some I was trying to set the tone here for Uh, why do you look confused?
Speaker 5: I don't know what tone we're setting here.
Speaker 3: Day's del your taste. That's the tone I'm setting. How do you not know the tone I'm setting right now?
Speaker 16: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got out of my my guy here, I send it to you. Can you pull up that email I just sent you because he is celebrating today being the Day of the Dead.
Speaker 5: Oh, he has his altar up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a little alter. He's like, I'm not I'm not. He goes, brother Rod, listen to the show. Not a Halloween guy, never really was a Halloween guy. But check out this setup. I know that setup Thank you Coco the movie. I really I really didn't know.
Speaker 5: I really, well, how how would you? Why would you?
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, I really did not know the whole thing. And Coco, not only is it very entertaining the movie, but it explains it so well it makes a movie about it. Coco is one of the best. I don't know if it's Pixar or Disney, it doesn't matter. It's awesome that it explained it to a white like me. So I understand what this guy's going through. What's his name?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, my pail doesn't load like it can't put out. I see the subject line says day the Dead, and I'm waiting for it to load.
Speaker 3: His name is that?
Speaker 5: Nope, it's just Stay of the Dead. Really waiting for it to load. It'll load probably when you go to commercial break.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, there's one of our listeners. It's Daniel. Daniel Revealez and just like I said, not a big Halloween guy. Nothing against it. I just never celebrated, but uh uh, an observant of Daa de los Muertas. I know I'm killing it. Since I don't have Halloween costs that were picks, I thought i'd share my altar instead, so he shared his altar with us. So thank you, thank you, And I feel like I know what he's doing.
Speaker 9: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's Grandma in there, but you know, the picture is out so she can come back and hang out for the day.
Speaker 5: This is such a yeah, it's such a cool holiday.
Speaker 3: Cool, it is cool. Yeah, right, let me take a short break, let me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and we'll give you our last pair of tickets to Ghost before they go on sale today at five or no, they go on sale today at ten.
Speaker 5: That's right, Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 10: The rod Ryan Larning Show, six am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Twenty percent chance of rain today tonight, same thing. Twenty percent chance mostly cloudy both today and tonight. I don't see it's getting above for eighty four, lower eighties for the weekend that comes Saturday and Sunday, with about a sixty percent chance of some rain and thunders forms. It's okay, it's okay. It held off for the tricks and treats yesterday for the most part, so it was pretty great night of trick or treating. What's trending over there.
Speaker 6: Is the auction still going on for the rod Ryan Show guitar and blue jean jacket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guys, thank you. Great activity in the rod Ryan Show Care store. We talk about when people get paid, when that money is just it just hits. It hits the account, it hits your hands, it hits your wallet. So we have an auction for the first time in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. There are two unique items. There's the twentieth anniversary custom raped acoustic guitar, and then there's the one of a kind embroidered jean jacket with all the bands from the anniversary party and all the autographs. Those two things you can bid on them all weekend long, and then all weekend long you can shop. And I'm looking right now at the store and November first, Samuel got in there, Anthony got in there today already, Leonard Guerrero got in there. Barbara Brown, love you guy, Tom Plate, love you, Briam, Thank you, Chris. These are all people that went shopping today in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store, whether they put in a bid, whether they bought the hoodie because it's gonna get cold or bought the Phony Festival t shirt with all the funny band names. A lot of people shopping today, so thank you for asking about that. Yes, all the money stays here. The money's going to MD Anderson. The store will remain open all weekend long. It ends Monday at ten am.
Speaker 6: What else Kim Gardashian didn't dress up. She just decided to go full reptilian. Let she let her reptilian side hang out in the white alligator.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: People in the comments are like, this just confirms she's reptilian, never beating the reptilian allegations.
Speaker 5: The reptilian took off her costume.
Speaker 3: There are two Looking at Girls blog pages, one normal one Looking at Girls Halloween Costume edition, so in she's on both blog pages. I believe I got it.
Speaker 5: And her little sister Kylie, we talked about to me more earlier because she looks insane on the set.
Speaker 3: Of her movie Crazy.
Speaker 6: But Kylie Jenner did the strip tease era Demi Moore Demi Moore for her costume. That one's getting a lot of attention as well. The Salli in Paris Hilton. You can go see what Doja Cat was. It's all on the blog page's blocing doing very well. That's what's trending on ninety four five the Bus.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are you giving away?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of.
Speaker 6: Tickets ghosts at the Toyota Center. Tickets go on sale after the show at ten Amatoyota Center dot com. But we got to win them a last pair of wine before you can buy them tickets.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll take call at number ten seven one three, two, win two five, nine four five twenty.
Speaker 16: Years may m in the morning with the Run Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Only on ninety four or five the Bus, ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. On a free Beer Friday, our fourth and final case is coming your way straight up at nine o'clock. Okay, thank you specs for the beers.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: After we give away that fourth and final case of beer, we'll get a few of you on. You can talk a little trash or whatever it is that you want to talk about. It's your our open phones Friday. But we will sprinkle in their alternative income a chance to win one thousand dollars. Uh huh, and then we're gonna leave you with me Alwolf. Okay, I keep talking about rainy weekend. It's not a wash out. There's things to do, okay, Mio wolf. I believe that's an indoor installation. Meo wolf is open. It opened yesterday. We're gonna leave you with tickets for that on no the show. So yeah, that's gonna help out when you're looking for something to do because that's family friendly. Sixty percent chance of thunderstorms and rain Saturday and Sunday. It's going to keep it in the in the lower eighties. Over to the phones. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 9: It's Todd?
Speaker 3: Hi Todd? How are you not too shabby? This is why is the carpet wet? Todd?
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's not the other You know why the carpet's wet?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he doesn't have to be asked. He just knows why the carpet is wet.
Speaker 10: Todd?
Speaker 3: Uh, dude, your color number ten? Sweet? What do you give the Todd?
Speaker 9: Dude?
Speaker 5: You get the tickets to see Ghosts. These are before you can even buy them. It's at Toyota Center.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Hi, thank you guys man, Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Todd.
Speaker 3: I know you've been listening forever. Man, have a great time hang on for me, bro, I have a great weekend. So it's been determined that the decade and this always changes, but currently the decade we are most nostalgic for in twenty twenty four is the nineties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you see the way the kids dress. They want to be the nineties so bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I agree. I mean the nineties it's listen. I mean, when you talk about the biggest song of the nineties, I'm not saying that this is it, but for us it is. I mean, there's no doubt about it. I mean, it changed the landscape. It changed my life. It's been well documented. How I talk about how Nirvana.
Speaker 9: Rotten.
Speaker 3: You put maybe too much, too much emphascists on Nirvana. No, I don't, no, I don't. Okay, they didn't invent anything, but they just when people were there and they were cracking, who open the door? And you had bands like Jane's Addiction and The Cure and all these other bands that were kind of alternative before we talk about Nirvana just blew the door off the hinges. And that's what changed my life because radio stations started changing. Okay, that's when the nineties is the reason that we have the buzz and the radio station that switched formats in Buffalo that gave me the opportunity to work. So that's why I always put a huge emphasis on Nirvana and how important they are. They don't have to be your favorite band, but boy, you got to realize the importance of them. Maybe it's Spice Girls from the nineties. Okay, I'll go there too. It's probably bo It's just the nineties in general. That's where we're feeling most nostalgic. Okay, So it takes twenty five to thirty years for a decade to hit, to get to feel that to be liked again. But there's no way of talking about this without sounding old. Yes, this, but we have clear cut ideas about how people looked in the fifties, happy days, you know what I mean, Like the greasers the fifties.
Speaker 5: Then there's the sixties, poodle skirts, the seventies, the eighties.
Speaker 3: Clearly, everyone can knows what the eighties looked and sounded like everybody does the nineties. Was it the last decade that had its own real identity? Are we going to be feeling nostalgic for the year two thousand to twenty ten? What would you do? What does it smell like? What does it look like? What did I can tell you what it sounded like. I'm good with that. But are we ever going to say, God, I really missed that first ten years of the two thousands, like really had a look to it, that really had a feel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are we going to look like?
Speaker 3: Are we going to celebrate those things the way that we did? I mean a lot of it is going through it and when those were your formative years, Okay, I had already made up my mind on it, but just about everything once two thousand hit, Yeah, Okay, I got here in four. Okay, I was a thirty four year old man. When I got here in four, I kind of already had my favorites open to new things. But if that is your formative decade, which Alex movie for you it was?
Speaker 1: I would say it was to me, it's weird and this is gonna sound kind of dark, but like it's like everything till like nine to eleven, and then nine to eleven after that was like the whole other thing.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's like then we were like, all you gotta be serious.
Speaker 3: Now we like sober because sober is real stuff.
Speaker 5: Happens.
Speaker 3: How old? How old are you in two thousand, twenty four years ago? Twenty four, it's eleven. I was eleven, you're eleven, So eleven to twenty to twenty one. Yeah, that's where you're formulating everything, your music, the things you like, what kind of person you're going to be. But does that ten years have a look of feel for you?
Speaker 1: I have to ask you because it doesn't. And I feel like the nineties that coming back. Like I'm always like, I feel like you're the same way as me too. You're like, oh dude, people talk at ruggrats. Hell yeah, let's talk about like just like stuff like you remember being like vintage. Now it's like, that's coming back. I remember that where like right sephth was vitage. Gu I'm like, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like when my sister calls me, she's like, please get deaf Tones tickets.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you want an other Deaftones? She's like, yes, please, And I'm like, uh sure, yeah, let's go together.
Speaker 3: I'll go for a long time. For a long time. The answer to the question is what decade are you most nostalgic for? For a long time, it was the nineteen eighties. The nineties have surpassed that. The nineties are now the most nostalgic decade for twenty four percent of Americans, the eighties for twenty two percent, the two thousand's eighteen percent, and climbing. So it's going to happen as as you age, you guys, as you age, you're going to start saying, Okay, wait a minute, I'm remembering these things from it's just weird to not call it. It was easy to categorize as I did in the exercise fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, and nineties.
Speaker 5: It's easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Then there's that two thousand to twenty ten.
Speaker 1: It's hard to say it always ten, ten to twenty twenty.
Speaker 10: What is that?
Speaker 1: It's clunky because now we can say the Roaring twenties two point zero.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I reinvent myself every decade, so it really doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what are the things that one of the top things from the nineties that were most nostalgic for Well, music is number one, of course. Music is number one, of course. And then you've got stuff that we're talking about in Oasis going back out, you know, and these are bands the nineties.
Speaker 1: That's actually like, that's a really good like looking at all the bands doing that, I guess early two thousands bands are kind of going back doing that. Like I wonder if the early two thousands is going to be the next nostalgic just because it just phases out for the kids getting older and being like, this is what I used to watch because I creed going on tour again all of these bands is and let's just do the.
Speaker 3: Reunion to it or we're gonna make bag. So I do kind of feel blink wenty two. My eyes were opened when I went to that Hawthorn Heights. Means nothing to me, Yeah, that means nothing to me, but to.
Speaker 1: Everybody who's like in high school the same time, I was like the two thousand and eight, two thousand and ten, two thousand and four to twenty ten eight.
Speaker 3: Right, and one of the biggest festivals out there right now is when we were young, which is geared towards that audience. Okay, but my eyes were opened when I went to that Hawthorn Heights and uh did a tray you play and a bunch of I can't remember some of the other bands, but to have guys say, Rod, this is my jam, this is my EMO jam. I'm in Emo. Heaven here Bro, that's their thing. That's two thousands.
Speaker 5: It really wasn't It really wasn't a phase. We're back. It's sad. There's plenty of things to we emo about it, but lean into it.
Speaker 3: But where the nineties birthed grunge, the two thousands emo, I don't care. Yeah, so I think I did too.
Speaker 5: It really embodies the spirit, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: And if they identify her of a decade, we know that the lead is music, then EMO will lead and there will be more and more of this. I think. I think that when we were young Festival, when we talked about it earlier this week and we talked about them adding Panic at the Disco and Offspring and Blank eighty two.
Speaker 5: It was still the best concert I went to in my life. And I went to the I went to the Eras Tour two was like I think about it there.
Speaker 1: I think about that concert like several times a week where I'm like, I wish I could just go back to it for like thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Pretty great. I mean I cried during that concert.
Speaker 3: I'll just tell you if you were trying.
Speaker 5: You'd look at other people crying like, okay, school, It's cool, guys.
Speaker 3: If you were there, if you were sludging around with me in the nineties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with your flannel on. Hell yeah yeah, shirt jerty.
Speaker 11: It was fun.
Speaker 5: Dirty boys and they're not alone.
Speaker 3: It is the most nostalgic decade right now. Last night was Halloween, but even more scary today is the day after Halloween.
Speaker 20: People waking up with the cruel reality that Halloween fell on a weekday, a work day, a school day, Sleepy grumpy children who stayed up late eating candy, and parents tired from walking their children around the neighborhood last night and also eating candy.
Speaker 3: You know you did.
Speaker 20: Sure, Halloween is fun, but today we will seem like the longest day.
Speaker 3: Of the year.
Speaker 20: This message brought to you by people who believe trigger treating should always be the Saturday prior to Halloween, unless it falls on a weekend.
Speaker 3: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five The Buzz one week from today in Arlington Lincoln Park's going to be performing live. That would be November eighth. We gave away a pair of tickets earlier today on the show. I don't know if we'll have any next week. I was already asked, like, hey, did I miss the Lincoln Park tickets? Yeah you did? Yeah, seven o'clock, seven twenty. I mean you gotta get.
Speaker 9: Up, mats, you gotta get up.
Speaker 5: Let's go keep yours out of bed. You ever heard that.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five of the buzz? I hope you're off to a great start. I get it. Some of you wanted to sleep in a little bit, so did I?
Speaker 5: You dig I wanted to sleep in after watching that texting game sing up all night. But I'm not see my team win.
Speaker 3: But it must be a problem. I mean I can find the text, but hisd just some mass text. We're looking forward to seeing your kid in school tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Like, don't misake, didn't let him dress up, I know.
Speaker 3: Like as a book character.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay, I'm just letting more excited want so.
Speaker 3: I almost half think that's why they my kids got picked school pictures today, Like you don't want to miss school picture day.
Speaker 5: They're gonna look so tired. Yeah yeah, that's a.
Speaker 3: Gonna be bugging out of her head.
Speaker 5: From all those kit cats hair old messy, just the hair. When you guys missed school picture day.
Speaker 1: Did you have to make it up or did they just do like the they would have like the generic like I miss made a player thing where it's just like an outline of a person.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I missed the day and there was a makeup day. There was a makeup day where you could go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I remember my friend didn't go, and I don't think he went to the makeup day and he just had like a fake like a silhouette.
Speaker 5: It was just black and gray, and it was like, okay, what's that.
Speaker 3: Oh like when you're yeah, when you don't put a picture up for your websites and stuff, they're.
Speaker 5: Just kind of generic profile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. All right, guys, listen, we're getting close and closer and closer to that fourth and final case of beer, and then the next hour is going to be open Phones Can't Wait.
Speaker 16: Rock and Alternative to The rod Ryan Morning Show six to a.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five of us Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Okay, we're getting close to that fourth and final case of beer. I appreciate all the love and activity in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. We're gonna keep the store open all day today. I know people were paid yesterday payday for a lot of people today. If you want to get in on that auction, that auction is gonna stay live all weekend long. For the custom rapped acoustic guitar and the embroidered jean jacket, both big bids on those right now, So thank you for that. But the Rod Ryan Show, the T shirts and the boobs rock stuff and the hoodie, that's all going to stay going to stay live all weekend long. I know you're busy today, it's going to stay live all weekend and then Monday at ten am when the show when we go amf boom, I'm shutting that off. The winners of the auction. All of that stuff is happening Monday, So you got all weekend too, man, if you get some time to go check out the storm. Twenty percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy today and tonight, Saturday and Sunday, sixty percent chance of thunderstorms eighty one eighty two all weekend long. What is the final Houston headlines here?
Speaker 6: Donald Trump and Kamala Harris will be campaigning in the swing state of Wisconsin today. Both candidates will be holding rallies in the Milwaukee area. After campaigning yesterday in the South of West in Las Vegas. Yesterday, Harris was joined by Jennifer Lopez, who said every Latino in this country was offended by the jokes against Puerto Rico made during Sunday's Trump rally. The Donald Trump campaign, meanwhile, is criticizing billionaire Mark Cuban for comments he made about women who support Trump. While on the View yesterday, Cuban claimed that Trump is never around strong, intelligent women. The Trump campaign said the comment was extremely insulting to the thousands of women who were for President Trump, who worked for President Trump.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's talk about Wendy's.
Speaker 6: They are closing about one hundred and forty of their burger restaurants by the end of the year. Executives said yesterday during an earnings call that about one hundred and forty low performing restaurants will be shut down worldwide. The CEO Windy's added they will be replaced by new restaurants at more profitable locations. There's a debate on social media about whether it's cool to take your shoes off and walk around.
Speaker 5: And socks at the office.
Speaker 6: Seriously, some people say they've noticed it happening more after the pandemic is part of several ways people are still acting like they're at home.
Speaker 5: Naturally.
Speaker 6: A lot of the comments are from people who are against it, just like how people react when there are debates about taking your shoes off during a flight or in a ride share. Some people wondered what the big deal is. One person said, I change my socks daily and then get and they get washed between wears. My shoe soles not so much, and I walk around outside in them.
Speaker 3: Do you wear your socks into the bathroom or do you put your shoes? How many go to.
Speaker 5: Whiz to Pug always wear shoes in the bathroom, right, but you.
Speaker 3: Wear shoes the whole time you're here. I'm asking people that the people.
Speaker 5: That are that are walking around in their socks, they take them in the.
Speaker 3: Do you just go like you go all the way or don't go it all right, guys, because it's not always it's not always a nice place underneath the urinouls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, And if you're in there with your socks, extra shoes At my work desk, kparisit because I wear heels.
Speaker 6: So if I keep my crops, I keep a comfortable shoe down there. Because going back and forth and heels sucks.
Speaker 3: My question is nobody's asking about bare feet here? The question on X is it cool to take your shoes off at work and walk around in your socks? Ninety percent of our audience says no. Ten percent Yeah, no problem, Yeah, no problem.
Speaker 9: Where do you work?
Speaker 3: Where do you work that it's okay? I got people telling me Ron, we can't even wear open toes at work, let alone walking around with your socks.
Speaker 5: I'll probably work in a prison.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Forbes is out with its list of highest paid dead celebrities of twenty twenty four. The list shows how much money celebrities are making this year even though they passed on. Michael Jackson tops the list after making six hundred million.
Speaker 5: Dollars this year.
Speaker 6: Every year the list, he always usually finds a way. Michael Jackson musical has been touring on Broadway all over the world. Then you got Freddy Mercury in at number two. He made two hundred and fifty million dollars this year. Number three is doctor Seuss, who made seventy five million dollars in twenty twenty four, and then running out the top five are Elvis Presley and Rick okasick Okay Sickoka Okay sick.
Speaker 5: He's a songwriter for the cars.
Speaker 3: He's a one and done guy on this list when somebody cuts a deal. Kirk Obain was on this list. Not that he doesn't make a lot of money and death, but when he made that list and she sold the catalog, he made the list. Elvis is in the top ten every year. And you know who else, Charles Schultz thanks to Chili Brown. Charles Schultz, the creator of Peanuts top ten top ten every year of a dead celebrity is still making a ton of cash.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to see if Bob Marley was what Marley usually is in there.
Speaker 3: Sometimes Jimmy Hendrix is in the top ten.
Speaker 5: You know the Bob Marley's number seven, and Prince is number six. Charles M.
Speaker 6: Schultz, as you mentioned, number eight, and then Matthew Perry number nine, eighteen million, and then John onnon ten. So there's your top ten. Metallica's Kirk Hammitt says working at Burger King helped him start his guitar collection. He says he remembers he went to eat with one of his girlfriends at at the time and she was like let's go to Burger King.
Speaker 5: And he says, So we're sitting there eating a whopper, and she goes, I'll be right back.
Speaker 6: She comes in, and she comes back and had gotten him an application for a job there, and she's like, signed here, and then he was like At first he was like what, And then he was like, no, no, this is brilliant. I will work at Burger King just long enough for me to save some money so I could trade in my old strat and maybe get two or three hundred toward a brand new black Flying V that was at Leo's Music in Oakland. So he's like, yep. He said he was so happy when he finally got.
Speaker 5: The money for it.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what happened today. When I woke up this morning, I didn't think about him specifically, but I like Kirk Hamot. I liked him. He's a guitar player. I like Metallica. You know, they're not my favorite band. I like them a lot. I like them a little more now that I know that he worked at Burger King. I like everybody just a little bit more when I find out they've done food service. Yeah, I think it's important. I think everybody should have done it absolutely. I think everybody should have experienced it at some point or retail dealing with assholes at a store. Like in the real world, at some point, at some point.
Speaker 5: I put around people.
Speaker 3: But for me, because my experience for so many years was food service. I tell you, when it comes to hiring people, if you tell me you've got some food service experience, and it's dead even on these two potential people that I'm going to hire. You worked at Burger King for a week, you got the job with me. You got the job with me.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, that's pretty. I mean that's big. That's big in your book. Those are Houston's headline, Kirk.
Speaker 3: I like them a little more now, Alex, what's going on with you? In sports?
Speaker 1: Well, on Thursday Night football, the Texans lost to the Jets twenty one to thirteen. They look banged up, the offensive line didn't look good, and it just seemed off outside of Joe Mixon and Tank Dell all night long. Texans are six and three on the season right now, and they're gonna play the Lions on Sunday Night football next week. In college football is noble games on tomorrow's schedule. We got number four Ohio State playing number three Penn State at eleven.
Speaker 3: You can watch that on Fox.
Speaker 1: Also on Fox will be U of H taking on Kansas State, the seventeenth rank team in the country. And then at six thirty, number ten Texas A and M is gonna be at South Carolina. You can watch that one on ABC. And basketball, the Rockets got to win last night. They beat the Mavericks one oway to one. Of those who Jalen Green had twenty three points in the night to leave the team in scoring. Rockets are now three and two. They're gonna have a day off before playing the Warriors tomorrow night at the Toyota Center. And in soccer, it is playoff time for Houston Dynamo FC. They've got a must win game Sunday against the Seattle Sounders. Dynamo were down one to ohero in this best of three series that starts at five thirty Sunday night.
Speaker 3: You can watch it on Apple TV that because it's going on. In sports, Thanks.
Speaker 5: Al, no problem, Thanks all rock and all turn very.
Speaker 10: Used the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 8: Bam Friday's got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, Bam fridaye Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Yeah. I didn't want to I didn't want to talk to you until the free Beer Friday song was playing.
Speaker 5: We got to hear the whole song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, heck, yeah, who's this? This is Robin, Robin your color.
Speaker 5: Ted, Let's go fantastic great.
Speaker 3: Robin, I'm going to give you a super deluxe, ultra exciting, shiny, brand new case of beer.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, great, great way to start the weekend.
Speaker 3: It is a great way to start the weekend. I'm kind of struggling. I'm looking at the weather here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're too hot.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's cooling off. I'm more worried about the rain. Today's not bad. Today is not a wash. Twenty percent chance of rain. He got up to a sixty percent chance of rain. I might still try. I'm not I'm still thinking Renaissance Festival early Sunday. Get in, get out, you know, before it gets crazy. Yeah, I'm gonna try. Okay, all right, Robin says it's okay, so I might do that. Where are you from? I'm from Okay, Robin enjoy your beers, have a great weekend.
Speaker 11: Thank you you too, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you being a part of the show today. I even asked her, I'm like, hey, do we have any Renaissance Festival tickets? They're like no, I go, okay, you didn't get any. No, we don't have them in the house. Those all came from a well.
Speaker 5: I guess I could call Joe Myers.
Speaker 3: I guess I could call it Tromai.
Speaker 16: Dude, dude, you got to do.
Speaker 5: To get over there?
Speaker 3: Can go take a test drive?
Speaker 5: Why not so you can tell everyone else to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, go take a test drive of any car on the lot. You'll get a free pair of Royal invitations.
Speaker 16: There you go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go take a test drive today. You'll get a free pair of tickets.
Speaker 5: Where's that free beer Friday guy on the guitar that hits the high notes. I've been waiting for him this whole show and I haven't heard him.
Speaker 3: Most are you gotta get in your request early?
Speaker 5: I think there's a I was hoping.
Speaker 3: Form you have to fill out.
Speaker 5: It's like the Renaissance testial tickets. How do I get some freeer Friday, Joe Myers.
Speaker 17: Open phones for Friday, Open phone Friday, more like open phones Friday.
Speaker 3: Yay, all right, well she's trying to turn around these phones right now. I did want to share with you a quick little email. Dear rod Ryan, Okay, longtime listener of the show. I heard you talking about the perfect hard boiled egg the other morning. I just had to try it. That was the best hard boiled egg I have ever had. My wife loved it as well, and she is the one that always makes them. Thank you for this and all you guys do.
Speaker 5: Listen, guys solving the world problem, one egg at a time.
Speaker 3: This is a lifestyle morning show. Okay, this is a lifestyle morning show. Sure we talk a little trash. Sure we got stuff over here, We got stuff over here, talking some music in here and there. This guy learned how to cook the perfect harm boiled egg.
Speaker 5: About there you go.
Speaker 3: I had to explain it to the Wizard yesterday again. He's like, okay, I heard you, but could you run that by me again. Some people need a reminder, and I had to be very specific. Now take your eggs carefully, place them into your pot. Then put your tap water on them, put it on the stove. Bring those eggs to a rolling boil. Once it's boiling, turn off the oven, the stove cover eight minutes, set the timer. You'll have a perfect boiled egg.
Speaker 16: There you go, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Now do I have to put the egg in it?
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 5: I put the water? And then the egg.
Speaker 3: Wizard did the same thing. He's like, uh so what if the water's boiling and I put the eggs in there?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no know, tap water in the pot. Then carefully place the egg in the tap water, and then turn on the thing.
Speaker 3: I like to put the eggs in first because I like to know how much water I need to cover the eggs.
Speaker 6: I was laughing because people and recipes would be.
Speaker 5: Like, I don't like eggs.
Speaker 9: Do I have to do this?
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 3: Phones Friday, Sergio, Good morning, Hey, good morning, Hey Sergio. How are you today? Doing well?
Speaker 2: Doing well?
Speaker 3: How about y'all? So great?
Speaker 11: Grey?
Speaker 3: How are you gonna get it started today? On open phones? Well?
Speaker 19: Today is your second favorite listener's birthday, Xander.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is Ashley with an eyes. Okay, so here's here's the mister. I, here's how the tree works with an eye at the top of the tree, and then the branch is Sergio, and then the branch under them two is Xander the boy. Yes, how old is Xander today?
Speaker 2: He's fourteen?
Speaker 5: Wow, the teenager?
Speaker 3: That's crazy? Huh how quickly that goes? But can you do?
Speaker 11: It's a favorite?
Speaker 2: Can you put chili on and have chili?
Speaker 3: Wishing my happy birthday? Everybody loves the chili Chili I got, I got a request for you for a song and a night is trying to work the phones, but we need you, bud Chili. Sir. I'm sorry, he's hard at work over there. Sergio.
Speaker 10: Okay, well we tried.
Speaker 3: He's got me turned down a little bit. All right, Well listen Xander from the chili. Hey man, happy birthday. Wait wait, I don't know all right.
Speaker 5: Next up is Michelle Oh Michelle, former intern Michelle.
Speaker 3: Hi, Michelle, Good morning, y'all. How you doing so great? What you got for open phones? Good to have you on.
Speaker 11: Hey, my mom is turning seventy on the fifth, but we're going to celebrate her birthday tomorrow, so I just want to wish your happy happy birthday.
Speaker 16: So so nice.
Speaker 3: You don't have to ruin it because I don't know if she's gonna hear this, but you know, when you get to be seventy, you got everything you need, right, I mean, was it difficult shopping for her?
Speaker 11: No, I'm actually showing her a party. So we're taking here tonight. Yes, because over the years, I mean, I guess you could says she has everything she wants.
Speaker 3: And she has you. She has everything a person could want in life.
Speaker 11: My presence is the present.
Speaker 3: There you go, all right, Michelle, have a great weekend, love you, love you by all right. Well, that's a great way to get things started. A couple of shoutouts. That's all within play birthday shout outs, all of that. You got an event going down. I'd love to hear from somebody that's heading down to the Lone Star Rally. If you're riding, how are you planning your weekend? How are you navigating? What's the weather? Are you? Are you going today? Because tomorrow is like there's chances of rain all throughout the day. I said, I want to get out to the Renaissance Festival on Sunday. It looks like it's pretty low chances of rain Sunday morning. But I would love to hear from somebody that's going to be heading down to the Eye one. Okay for uh for the lone Star rally this weekend. Here's a chance to win some cash. That's another line open seven. You guys ever talk on past the gravy about me? Like, I wonder if Rod's a dude's dude or is he a dog?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's exactly who you guys.
Speaker 3: Ever get into that past the gravy, ladle lad.
Speaker 5: Like, that's almost exactly what happened. That actually just gave me a really good idea for my new podcast.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you hate you hate listeners and viewers?
Speaker 5: Listeners?
Speaker 3: You guess if I'm a dog?
Speaker 5: Does Rod hate listeners? That he's so helpful with just pending to respond.
Speaker 3: To every email I can't get to everyone. I'd love to Good morning ninety four five the buzz listen. I see all these phone lines ringing. I look forward to get into every single one of your calls here, uh everybody, And I see some all stars there and hold in the queue, so we'll get to those.
Speaker 10: But uh online, it's Alix.
Speaker 3: Online nine the muzz. All right, it's my dog over there.
Speaker 5: Go on, dog, what do you got Today's day?
Speaker 3: Well, is not anything dog related though, but it's still my dog.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get to see things get cut in half today on a well what stuff getting cut in half? Oh yeah, everyday items like toothpaste, the stuff that you bind around the house.
Speaker 3: And then they go into more industrial stuff like pipes.
Speaker 5: He's like that.
Speaker 1: I liked particularly like the mag light getting cut in half. They used a water pick to cut that one and a half. Sometimes they use a hot knife, sometimes they use a saw.
Speaker 3: You're just getting see it getting cut in half, so it's not the same thing that's doing different.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of videos for stuff just get cut in half, like that's what that's what the inside of the flashlight looks like.
Speaker 5: Who I thought my dog stuff?
Speaker 1: Go check it out see stuff get cut in half of the famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 3: You're in luck. It's open phones Friday. I mean when I said they were all stars on the phone, Robbie, good morning, mister Rod so great Robbie. Better now always with you and your presence on the phone. What you got going on for open phones here?
Speaker 2: Say, last Saturday, I heard Mama Teresa talking about a festival would Toll somebody else in master it and I wouldn't paying all that much attention. Boy, But what do you know about that?
Speaker 3: There was some kind of a festival. I don't know. It's the one at Google.
Speaker 5: Yeah, remember.
Speaker 3: Bro I wonder if we mentioned it too, though.
Speaker 5: Let me look it up for Robbie because I like him. I would literally never do this for one other person.
Speaker 3: So it's tool.
Speaker 2: I've got my wife going online today to get two hoodies.
Speaker 6: Live in the Sand festival with Primus and Masked it on Coheat and Camria Edges of Dead. Now let me see it's it's in the Dominican Republic, will I'm not going there?
Speaker 5: Come on, this is what I have googled here.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you, Robbie, have you been Have you been on a plane and going somewhere for one of these festivals, somewhere other than here in Texas?
Speaker 2: Now, I've only been on a plane to go to work out of state.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it. So you were thinking about maybe going to this one?
Speaker 2: No, not really. I just wanted to know where she's going to be.
Speaker 3: Jesus wants just wants to know that people are having a good time.
Speaker 2: Sometimes exactly. Oh, my wife is corset girl at the Keith going online to get two hoodies today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but tell me about she's corset girl. Where is she corset girl? Like just around the house.
Speaker 2: She's no, no buzzfest.
Speaker 3: With the corsets. That's your wife.
Speaker 2: You You and Hal helped about that on the radio. This is like ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know that was your wife.
Speaker 2: It might be twelve.
Speaker 3: So you get to come home to those corsets on the regular.
Speaker 2: I'd get to come home to them boobs.
Speaker 3: Good for you, Robbie. I wonder you're such a good mood, such a joyful person day Like Robbie too walked into a different a.
Speaker 2: The five and a half is good because you don't want to push.
Speaker 3: Okay, when you get out, Robbie, listen, finally somebody gets it by Robbie out of the cop Good morning, brother. What you got going on out there?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 21: Bunch of nothing.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 21: I just want to say I'm a little sad that my spooky sent the season ended already.
Speaker 3: Did you send me some pictures? Your kids were all dressed up right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 21: I had a My son was chucky and then had the little girls, the Bride of Chucky. Of course, my son's haircut looks like Andy from the movie, so he looks like Andy dressed up as Chucky.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Halloween it was good.
Speaker 21: Yeah, but but being bummed with losing that season brings in the greatest season of all. And just want to wish all the hunters out there happy hunting starting tomorrow, fight straight and ain't true and stay safe out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, And now tomorrow starts. Is it with guns or is it bow and arrow.
Speaker 15: Bows?
Speaker 21: And you started in October?
Speaker 16: Gun start tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 16: It's too hot to get out.
Speaker 21: There in the postseason.
Speaker 19: It's too high.
Speaker 22: I mean it's probably too hot tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Are you going hunting tomorrow? Yes, sir? And when was the last hot for work?
Speaker 21: I got my truck loaded up, throwing your uniform off, jumping in the truck and driving.
Speaker 10: To the lease.
Speaker 3: When was the last time you bagged a bambi?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 21: I want to say about last it's the first week of January.
Speaker 3: Oh you did last year? You got one for this year?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's like yeah, rod.
Speaker 5: Again one every year, don't you know the seasons?
Speaker 3: Well listen if you can't thank you Adam, please be safe out there, but I know he knows what he's doing. Corey also knows what he's doing. Goat hunter. Good morning, Good morning everybody. I imagine that you're all excited in the pants and you're all tight in the pants about hunting season starting.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 18: I've been doing bo season for the last month, but dear, rifle season opens up for the kids too, So okay, it's I had to take a family up and start shooting at some babies.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 18: Same shout out as Adam.
Speaker 22: Man.
Speaker 18: Everybody, keep your sight straight, shoot straight. And hey, shout out to my wife Samantha too. She's she's rolling on down the Galveson Island for the for the rally this weekend. So keep a safe baby and keep the upper side down.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you? Corey. Yeah, I'm not worried. I know you guys all know what you're doing, but just the weather is not perfect for Lone Star rally. Dylan is next up on open Phones. Hi, Dylan, how's it going great? Man? What do you got for us?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 23: I'm just calling for what am I trying to say? Boots for Troops Concert in the Country is next Friday, Okay, eight to night. We're trying to invite everybody out. Families are included. It's at three two nine three one right road. It's for veterans and families of veterans.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like the name boots, Boots for Troops.
Speaker 23: Yes, for Boots for Troops. Is the organization putting it on Becau doesn't want tickets? You go to concert in the country dot org.
Speaker 3: And is this is more of a local type thing? You bringing in a big name act? How does that work?
Speaker 23: Yes, sir, so Corey Moreau, Pam Till is a bunch of big names Montgomery Gentry coming out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably about say an artist that's pretty big. That is big. All right, Dylan, best of luck to you. Hey, if you if you don't mind emailing me the information, we'll put that out there on socials. We'd love to protag. I'll do it right now if you email me an email Rod at the Buzz dot com, and then I'll get it to everybody. I got you, man, Thank you, brother, okay Man, thank you, good luck, Dylan, thank you, Jackie, good morning, good morning. Hi Jackie. What do you got for open phones? You're live on the radio. You wish my son Alex a happy eighteenth birthday today and Alex in eighteen you named your kid Alex strong act. Was it a family name?
Speaker 10: No, and it's just Alex. It's just Al Alexander.
Speaker 5: Hello, No, Hello, big sister Alex birthday.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, happy birthday to Jackie's son Alex. What does he do?
Speaker 5: He is in a high school senior great, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, well, good job, Bomb, thank you, thanks by all right, Jackie's son Alex. Happy birthday. That's another line open if you want to get in on open phones. Friday seven one three, two, one two five nine four five The rod Ryan Show. All right on that at Empire upon an Empire.
Speaker 10: On ninety four Five's.
Speaker 3: The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. That's Papa Roach and kill the noise. Nothing about a twenty percent chance of rain today. Not a washout today, You're fine. Twenty percent. It'll keep it a little cooler with the mostly cloudy skies. Highs up about eighty four now, sixty percent chance of thunderstorms and rain throughout Saturday and Sunday. It'll keep it in the low eighties. Let's go, let's go. It's open phones Friday. All right, somebody's got a boiled egg technique, maybe better than mine. Okay, let's listen. I'm all for it. Good morning. What is your name? Is it Eminem?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You're Eminem? Okay, I didn't know we had Eminem listening to the show. It's great having you on, Eminem. Did you have something to add to the egg discussion?
Speaker 22: I had, yes, sir, since you just found out how to boil eggs.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, time out your time. I didn't find out nothing. I told that technique and then somebody heard me talk about it and they found that out for the first time. But go ahead, got you. I've been doing that for your little trick to do is you know the little flat bottom of the egg. This got a little pocket.
Speaker 22: Well, if you smash that on the counter, just a little, just enough for a little crap when you boil your eggs, you'll be able to easily peel them every time.
Speaker 3: How do you find that pocket?
Speaker 22: You know you got more of a pointy point of the egg. Well, it's the opposite. It's more than that flatter part. You just you just tap it on the on the counter. Just give it a try.
Speaker 3: You got a leaky eggs, risky, No, no, but don't you have like leaky eggs snot in the water and stuff. Now you gotta be a little gentle with it. Butkay, it works.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm out on that. I'm out on the gentle stuff.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'll break it those gentle hands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's I mean, I don't doubt that it's a perfect egg if you can master that little technique. But I know I would ruin it.
Speaker 3: Thanks Eminem, Joe Josey, jose Josie. Who is this jose Josie Josie, Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 21: On my way to BMP forrint to get my Ryan Shirve.
Speaker 3: What did you order? If you don't mind my asking at the festival course? Okay, are those ready? I hope?
Speaker 12: So I'm here, Okay, I ordered it this morning, said it was available for pickup.
Speaker 9: So we're about to find out.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, you all right this. We're not Amazon dot Com. We're not even the Gap, not even the Baby Gap. I think we're printing those I'm getting like the full order and then I'm ordering those shirts. I don't know that there's are printed.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 15: Well, we'll see when we get there.
Speaker 5: There's a great stat there at BMP.
Speaker 3: Oh they're awesome, no harm, no foulb okay, so awesome. Would you do me a favor? Would you let me know if you had success in picking up your shirt. I don't think there, I don't think it's ready, but let me know. Yeah, definitely, definitely okay, yeah, yeah, please please let me know. And thank you for your generosity. I appreciate that. I know people want the shirt, they want to wear it, this stuff. Okay, Josie, thank you, Please keep you posted. Also, also, also, can I tell my son happy birthday?
Speaker 1: Tie?
Speaker 3: He actually works at car bop. He's working right now. Oh sure, yeah? How old is Tie?
Speaker 9: Ty?
Speaker 3: Will be thirty four today?
Speaker 9: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 16: Thank you for your service.
Speaker 10: Thank you for your service.
Speaker 3: On what where did he serve? Uh?
Speaker 15: He was in Afghanistan?
Speaker 3: Actually what branch army? That's so great? All right, Ty? Thank you? Uh, Josie, thank you. I think what happens when we do a specialty shirt like this, what I do is I get all the orders and then boom when we have the cutoff. So I don't get stuck with extra ones.
Speaker 1: You just get stuck and they'd be sitting there being all the weird sizes nobody wants.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, this is like when it's a specialized shirt like that. So I don't know that they're printed. I really don't, Tony. Maybe Tony knows something. Hey, Tony, good morning.
Speaker 19: Hey, good morning, Tony.
Speaker 4: What do you know?
Speaker 3: What do you know? Well anything, I.
Speaker 19: Don't know much.
Speaker 3: What I do know is work.
Speaker 19: Okay, is what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: But?
Speaker 19: Oh, I work in the plant.
Speaker 3: What kind of plant? Like, what does it produce something?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's a petroleum plant. We mix like that Selina stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got that. Did you get this job through family? Did your family work there? Or do you go one at this alone?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 19: Yeah, oddly enough is my girlfriend's second cousin. He's uh, he's pretty high up in the office that I worked for, and uh so I got on pretty quick with this job.
Speaker 3: Good for you, dude.
Speaker 5: So yeah, shout out to your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep her roun.
Speaker 19: She's she's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I think now, do you ever feel if she goes the job goes?
Speaker 9: Uh No, not really.
Speaker 19: I mean we're pretty like respectful of each other, you know, like if we ever we've had talks like that. We ever decided that we weren't gonna be together or anything like that. You know, we wouldn't try to, you know, sabotag bring it down or tear each other off.
Speaker 3: You know, like you think that super high up guy would be cool with you dumping his niece. Probably probably not, But.
Speaker 19: You know they're just hoping that. You know, it's gonna be business. You know that's impersonal.
Speaker 3: Tony's gonna hang out this follow no patient with us.
Speaker 5: We're such Jared.
Speaker 3: I know he's gonna have this phone. He's like, why did I call those jerks?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why did you call? For real?
Speaker 3: Oh man?
Speaker 19: Well yeah, I just wanted to wish everybody, you know, a dry Friday, hopefully, and then just good luck on the weekend.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Tony, Thank you, good luck. Stay with that girl, Stay with that girl. Dude, O get mad? Hey Matt, good morning. I think you're gonna wrap it up for it. What's up, dude? What do you got for upping phones Friday?
Speaker 21: Hey man, I just wanted to wish everybody a happy opening weekend, all them hunters out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people hunting this weekend. Oh yeah, so two quick things. The biggest, the biggest catch, the biggest kill, the biggest how many points on the bucks? What's your what's your story that you tell people that you're hunting story? That's like, this is what I did.
Speaker 5: My hunting story is I'm still trying to find a hunting story.
Speaker 3: Man, I've been looking at my game camera all year and it's trash. Have you ever bagged a deer?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no you should a lot of deer.
Speaker 16: Just I ain't.
Speaker 3: I ain't got a big one yet.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 3: I got a couple of times. But that's about it. Ten points is that what the tennis? Ten points is a lot?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: What is your like.
Speaker 3: That's bigger than nine points?
Speaker 1: Would be your like dream shot? Like if it maybe maybe it's not necessarily a deer, but like.
Speaker 5: If you could go big game, would you terribly? Yeah? Would you go gazelle?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's something like a I don't know, a bear. Maybe a bear would be sick dude, damn yeah, I mean I'd get a jacket amounted.
Speaker 5: You know, it's sitting in the corner of the room.
Speaker 3: What do you what do you head not with this weekend at twenty to twenty one? What do you got?
Speaker 5: What you just saying numbers?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 5: What are you doing? You've never hunted?
Speaker 3: Like, what are you talking?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, how many calibers are you are you gonna have?
Speaker 5: Are you going to the animals being?
Speaker 3: I got to seventy? Is that a caliber?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This caliber is at miles per hour? What are you doing? Oh no, I'm gonna be going. I'm gonna be going ninety all the way to Del Rio. All right, listen, I knew a lot of you hunted. I didn't know this many. Be safe out there, for God's sakes, I'm worried about the guys on their motorcycle. They're fine.
Speaker 5: Be safe out there. And if you kill an animal, you better use every part of that animal. You better do a blessing on it.
Speaker 3: Eat the heart, right, yeah, like a real warrior. Wipe the blood on your face. Yeah, eat the heart.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, come on, let's go. We gotta wrap this up. You wrap this up like a ninety caliber.
Speaker 6: I have a fair tickets in the owl Host radio tape which just opened. It just opened last night, just opened yesterday. So if you want tickets to this new awesome venue.
Speaker 5: Then you gotta know the show.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be looking for well, we'll have a question for you on the flip of this.
Speaker 16: Break The rod Ryan Morning Show six to.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Come on now. L La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Time for know the show, and we're going to turn you loose for the whole weekend, although keeping the rod Ryan Show care Store open all weekend. More on that coming up. What are we offering up as a prize here?
Speaker 6: We have the two tickets to Miauwolf their radio tape, which is a brand new immersive multimedia experience right here in Houston, really really cool place.
Speaker 3: Good weekend for that too, Yeah, good weekend for that. What's your question?
Speaker 6: What song did I not get to hear today? And I requested it and it was too late apparently, But now it's not too late because it's part of my know the show.
Speaker 5: See how I get my way one way or another around here? Oh, it's called being crazy and you can do whatever you.
Speaker 3: Want, all right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Seven to one to three?
Speaker 3: Is this is this difficult? No, Alex, No, why three, two, one two five, nine four five. If you know the show, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio ninety four point five.
Speaker 10: Is dous station from iHeart Radio, Houston's rocking alternative.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan's Show. Okay, we're gonna wrap this up nine fifty four. Twenty percent chance of rain today tonight, mostly claude today, keeping a cooler eighty four tomorrow and Sunday sixty percent chance some thunderstorms. You gotta check though, you know what I mean, it's gonna be spotty, it's all over. There's gonna be some times where it's gonna be all right. Get outside a little bit this weekend, enjoy some of the great things that we have going on. If you looking for some indoor activities, we can help you there. He's now time for know this show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 10: La La la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 3: La la la la la la la. All right, time to go over to the phones. Alex. You know what she's doing here, but thank you do. Okay, Hi, good morning is this Charlie? This is good morning, Hi Charlie. Welcome to know the show. This happened today on the show, and I'm still a little cloudy on it. Alex is acting like Ekana's in on it. Charlie, go ahead, Charlie.
Speaker 6: One thing I don't like is not getting my way. And I called for something. I was waiting the whole show to hear a certain thing and I never heard it. What did I not get to hear?
Speaker 3: It's your that free Duror Friday song that you like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, No, man.
Speaker 1: With with Rod.
Speaker 3: You got to get your requests in really early, at least a year in advance. I'm gonna let you.
Speaker 5: Know, well, I want to hear it, not I want the Golden Geese.
Speaker 3: Now what are you giving this guy?
Speaker 6: Dude, I'm gonna give you a pair of tickets to go see me al Wolf's radio tave. Have fun there, and uh, if you want to report access on how cool it is, we'd like that too.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having the show, brother, Thank you, Ben. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 9: You do you want free?
Speaker 3: You know your shirt?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Guy beer Friday Friday Friday. He's got one more. Well I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow Bell. I gotta have more cowbell. Baby.
Speaker 9: I got a fever, and the only prescription it's more cow bell.
Speaker 3: He asked for the free Bee front song. After we gave away the fourth case of beer.
Speaker 1: It was still time.
Speaker 5: It wasn't sorry.
Speaker 3: All right, We're gonna good.
Speaker 5: You feel better now, I do.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 5: Sb d J Sammy Baker Davis Jr.
Speaker 3: Sammy Baker Davis Junior. He beat mad this morning. That means his Hall of Fame game is gonna be on Monday. So again you're thinking, oh, Monday, you know right, it's Friday. I'm I'm giving you a reason to come back to us on Monday when somebody's going for the Hall of Fame at six twenty in the morning and homeroom. That's a that's a reason to get out of bed. Okay, at least turn on the radio. Open phones. You guys did great. Be careful out there, all you hunters. Cheese and rice, free beer, Thank you specs. Halloween. Uh, this Day of the Dead is going on right?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see Lone Star rally this weekend. Please be careful. Yes, nobody on the show can believe it's November. Nobody can believe it can't we can't. Can you believe? No, I can't do We have some replay stuff tomorrow morning, Yes we will. Okay, so some of the best of the worst, some of the best of the worst of a Love Ryan Show. The best of the worst will be featured tomorrow in the six o'clock hour and the seven o'clock hour. Jeremy is back. He's up, He's ready to go. Nonstuf nooner Jeremy. Oh h pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. Okay. There's a new past the Gravy that went up this week. Yeah, so check it out.
Speaker 5: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: We talk about brozen dogs.
Speaker 10: Dog.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I gotta know that.
Speaker 3: The rod Ryan Show store is open. Okay. Somebody just went and bought two hoodies. Thank you, thank you. That's it's that's why I'm keeping the store open. Payday for a lot of you today. The rod Ryan Show Cares store. Those two auction items, those are going to be live all weekend long. You can get the hoodie and the T shirt for the phony concert with all the funny band names. Store closes Monday at ten am. Tests on Houston Life Today at one o'clock and that's it. Guys have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 6: Oh and Godynamo, they played great Sunday night, Sunday night.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, have the best weekend ever. Please come back to us on Monday.
Speaker 9: Hey amn, Well wasn't that fun.
Speaker 17: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.