Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: It's Tim Kase everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Hope you're well on this cool Wednesday night here in southern California. The Dodgers, though, looking to stay hot, having won two in a row, looking for the sweep over the Colorado Rockies. Dodgers at thirteen and six overall on this season, looking to close out this homestand on a winning note, and Bobby Miller is back on the mound, called up from Tripa, Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: He'll get the start coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 2: Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Robbers. David Vase joins us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Kyle Farmer, Rocky's first basement, former Dodger catcher and shortstop. Will dive deep into this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical Moment, your prize picks, double play of the game, and Kirston Watson will visit from sports Net LA. In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neverer and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Last night, Landon Knack got the starts to not get the win. Landon Nack would pitch into the fifth inning four and a third, gave him two runs on four hits while striking out two along the way. The Dodgers gave him some early run support. Bases loaded for Chris Taylor in the second. He would ground into a double play, but Michael Conforto would score to give the Dodgers a one to nothing lead. Then in the third, runners on for will Smith.
Speaker 5: There's lead, big lead at first for Freeman, there's a swing in a drive left field. This ball's deep in caring bean back to the wall. He looks up.
Speaker 6: Better's got a home run.
Speaker 5: Will Smith with a three run shot and the Dodgers lead at four to nothing. Second home run of the season for will Smith as he just hammered this one out to the right of the bullpen into the first row of the home run seats.
Speaker 2: Three run home run for Will Smith. That is the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Argo quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers of four to nothing. Then later in the third they made it five to nothing thanks to CT three at tenor Reps.
Speaker 6: Went in the left field.
Speaker 1: That's a pace hip. Tommy Edman was off to the racers.
Speaker 5: He's around third already and he slides in safely.
Speaker 6: The ball put off in the middle of the enfield.
Speaker 5: It's a two out RBI base hit for Chris Taylor and the Dodgers leading five to nothing.
Speaker 7: For Chris Taylor, he can x sail a little bit. That's the good swing.
Speaker 2: He's been planning to find it, and he found it last night with that RBI single, Dodgers of five to nothing. In the top half of the fourth inning, a Stallings two run double off Landing Neck the only damage done to Necker that would.
Speaker 3: Give it the Dodgers a six five to two lead.
Speaker 2: Then the eighth with the bullpen cruise and Freddie Freeman and RBI single and scoring show hey O Taani, Dodgers tack on that run in the eighth inning to go up six to two. The bullpen did their job. Dryer h Vesi a Garsi. They gave up one hit over four and two third innings of work while striking out eight along the way. Dryer gets the winning relieve Alex Vessia gets a hold as the Dodgers hang on to beat the Colorado Rockies last night by a final of six to two. Will Smith with the big three run home run as a couple of RBIs from Chris Taylor he had the RBIs single, then Freddie Freeman with the RBI single in the eighth. Dodgers getting it done from the top of the lineup to the bottom of the lineup as they pick up their thirteenth winner this season, and tonight they go for the three games sweep over the Colorado Rockies as Bobby Miller is back on the mound, called up from Triple A Oklahoma City with more. We head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth and welcome in Tim Neffett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thanks very much, beautiful blue sky afternoon in the evening here at Dodgers Stadium. Should be another pleasant night at the ballpark as the Dodgers try to sweep the Rockies out of here. The Rockies are zero to five on their current California road trip. They were swept and also shut out in three games in San Diego and they have lost the first two games to the Dodgers. Tonight, the Dodgers call up Bobby Miller, the right hander will make his twenty twenty five debut. He will go opposite Herman Marquez. Marquez zero to two for the four six zero era for Colorado and last night all the Dodgers with a six to two win. Another home run helped him out Will Smith with a three run shot, and the Dodgers offense is very reliant on the home run. They get Tioscar Hernandez back, maybe we'll see some more doubles here.
Speaker 7: The other part, too, is we talked about this last night briefly, is that at the bottom part of the order really produced, because we mentioned in the pregame show that numbers five, six, seven, eight to nine have not really been hitting them all particularly well. Not the story last night that was big production. And I think it was really kind of a trifecta, if you will, the Dodgers in that winning effort, the offense, yes, check that off. The defense was there on top of it, saw a couple of sterling plays. And the other part was the bullpen, because from the fifth inning on, the bullpen allowed just one base hit against the Rockies. So indeed a very good night to pick up the victory.
Speaker 5: And how about Jack Dryer and inning in two thirds, no hits, no runs, one walk, four strikeouts. He paced six men, struck out four of them in the rookie left hand or picked up his second major league win.
Speaker 7: And his slider was absolutely unhittable last night. He kept throwing it and for the Rockies, they kept swinging and swinging. We've seen the Rockies who came in and but Black was saying, look, we were kind of patient. It's a young ball club and try to discern really where the strike zone is. Well. For Dryer, he have really forced them to expand the strike zone with the slider in particular. So hopefully it's going to be a very good night for this Dodger ball club trying to go for the sweep. Tomorrow is going to be a travel day for most of us, and then back in Harness and Arlington against the Texas Rangers on Friday.
Speaker 5: So the Dodgers since the beginning of twenty twenty three have beaten the Rockies two out of twenty eight times. They have outscored them one hundred and eighty two to one hundred and two and have had forty six home runs against him in those last twenty.
Speaker 7: Eight Yeah, it's already been a long season for the for the Rockies and we're not through the month of April. They're won in ten on the road and on the road in those eleven games, they've scored a total of just sixteen runs and on the road hitting this one to seventy seven. They've got three guys that are available, Kyle Farmer, who's in there again tonight leading the charge hitting a three thirty three, Brenton Doyle, who's been sidelined with the quad injury. He's not playing, he's hitting it three to twenty one. And for Nick Martini, he's hitting at three zero six. Martini will lead things up. But the rest of the lineup combined, other than those three guys in that lineup collectively hitting just one eighty one. So their runs have been really hard and in between a lot of different games.
Speaker 5: Dodgers dart the night two games behind the Padres, who won this afternoon four to two over the Chicago Cubs. The Dodgers thirteen and six, sending Bobby Miller to the mound, and the Rockies three and fourteen, worst record in Major League Baseball. They've got Herman Marquez going for them. Dodgers Rockies Game three on the way.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you guys. As we getting down to first page. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 7: What are your.
Speaker 2: Shaky's Pizza shake in the Mojo's right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Moroco Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. David Basseys goes one on one with Kyle Farmer. We'll dive deeper into this pitching match with Bobby Miller back and getting the start. Your price picks. Double Play of the day is coming up, your magical moment of the game. But up next you're Tani e wine An. We'll visit with Kirsen Watson from Sports in at LA. What's all coming up as we lead you up to first pitch? Dodgers and Rockies first pitch set for seven ten. Thanks should be in with us. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network its Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Todger was on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Rockies final game of this three game set. Bobby Miller, i'mon Marquez. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 7: This is the.
Speaker 1: Ree why Freddy Freeman one ball.
Speaker 5: Those strikes to the left handed hitting first basement. Tani leads at first and there goes Otani for second base, pitching the dirt for a ball, throw down not in time and show he has stolen his fifth base.
Speaker 7: Of the season.
Speaker 3: Show Hey Otani got on vol walk.
Speaker 2: It was over for four two punch outs, but the stolen base number five on this season. Despite an zero for night from Otani and Bets, Dodgers still beat the Rockies last night sixty two.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirston now joins us from Dodgers Dandy brought to by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 3: Ready to donate your old car?
Speaker 2: Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now friendly standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate today. Tommy Edmund means a lot to this Dodgers team, certainly big in the playoffs last year.
Speaker 3: Tonight in a special night for her. Tommy Tanks, Yeah.
Speaker 8: It really is. It's Korean Heritage night, and he is half Korean, so for him, his mother is actually going to be out there on the mound. She is throwing out the first pitch ahead of the game. She's very excited. She actually grew up a Dodger fans. Even with talking to Tommy, he was saying, it's really special just to be able to share this with her. He's gonna have a lot of friends and family. And actually, if you look at the giveaway for tonight with the Korean Heritage jersey, it says Edmund on the back of it. So he said, it's going to be really special just not only seeing all the fans and having their support them wearing the jersey tonight, but to be able to have his mom out there. She's been practicing, she's been practicing all week and he's been giving her some pointers. But he did say today too, he was like, she's really nervous, and I think I get why because I guess to do it in front of fifty thousand fans is kind of a lot. But everyone very excited for her out there today.
Speaker 3: Bobby Miller.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe a little nurse from Bobby Miller on the Mountain tonight. He's back in the big leagues and looking to prove a lot of people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly. And Bobby last year how things ended for him. It was a tough one. But he is someone who spent a lot of work this off season just putting himself in a good spot mentally and physically.
Speaker 1: He came into spring.
Speaker 8: Training looking really good. Unfortunately, in one of his outings he was hit by a comebacker right off the forehead. Blessing of that is he is someone who even was teasing in this moment so we can laugh about it now, was saying there was no bruising, by the way, and this was like a ninety hundred miles per hour comebacker that came off the bat. I think it was like the second batter in the spring game. For him not to have any bruising whatsoever. He was like, I guess it's a good thing that I have a hard head, which his mother, I guess always teased him about as a child. But just for him to have this opportunity, it'll be Bobby is feeling really good heading into this one. There's some of the results have been as much as there's been some traffic, he has been able to get out of it, limiting the damage. But we'll see what happens tonight. Dave Roberts didn't say just yet if he could have a second outing. He's not ready to commit to that, so we'll see how today goes.
Speaker 2: Hopefully a good night for Bobby Miller and the Dodgers. They can finish off this Colorado Rockies team cais that we appreciate it. Coming up, we will check in with David Veastay. He'll go one on one with Kyle Farmer, former Dodger, now Rocky. But up next we're gonna get you an injury report and we'll get the pregame.
Speaker 3: Thoughts with Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: It's Marongo Casino Dodgers on dec as we lead up to Dodgers and Rockies first pitch of seven ten I'm Tim Kats.
Speaker 3: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers ANTEA on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck in ten US on this Wednesday night as We lead up to first pitch from Dodger Stadium, Dodgers and Rockies, Morogo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand Slam for good time as Bobby Miller Herman Marquez.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup tonight first pitch is seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers injury.
Speaker 2: Report or is it of my UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Well good news.
Speaker 2: Clayton Kershaw three innings, no runs, two hits, two strikeouts in Triple A Oklahoma City today, making his first rehab start since offseason toe surgery. He threw thirty pitches twenty two for strikes in his first outing. Evan Phillips is in Triple A Oklahoma City working his way back, as is Tony Gonsolin, who made his start yesterday and expected to make at least one more in the minor leagues. Blake Snell not sure if he'll go out in a minor league rehab assignment, but still on the il with the left shoulder inflammation a right sent back out to Dodgers Stadium. Been checking out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 7: Anything else, Dave?
Speaker 3: Do you questions for Dave?
Speaker 7: Dave Can you just describe Dave. Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: I think that's what it is with Bobby is there's an evolution happening right now. All players aren't linear as far as they're kind of get to the big league stay in the big leagues, and so it's been a little up and down for him, but he's staying in the moment. I think he's learned from some things and gotten past the scare in spring training and he feels really good tonight.
Speaker 6: What is the evolution Dave of him and where he needs to be to stick.
Speaker 9: I think it's more of filling up the strike zone using his four pitch mix the right way, sequencing, not just trying to overpower hitters, throw strikes and just let the talent kind of take over.
Speaker 6: If you get a sense from Bobby and from Landing and from rode Leski that they're not just competing against the guys in the batter's box, but in some way competing against each other to try to be that guy.
Speaker 9: I think that's human nature, sure, But I think from from you know, my chair and just kind of from the organization is just to encourage these guys to go out there and compete against other team and some of the things are out of their control. Some of the things are in their control. But when you're worrying about things that you can't control, that's certainly not beneficial. So I think that right now, I don't think Bobby is thinking about anybody else outside of those Rockies hitters.
Speaker 6: Obviously there's not a ton of opportunities for those guys, or they don't know when those opportunities might come.
Speaker 4: Like how much of an impression can they.
Speaker 7: Leave in a couple of starts that they aren't getting up here?
Speaker 8: Like how much do you kind of evaluate on that based off the bigger.
Speaker 7: Body of work you guys have.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that's a it's a it's a broad question in the sense that you know, landing through the baseball, Well, yesterday he's out because we needed to make a roster spot. Bobby's gonna throw the baseball tonight. But I do think that how they perform certainly helps. And then when they get their opportunity wherever it might be, to just continue to pitch well and create opportunities for themselves. And when an opportunity does present, itself. Then they are their number is called. But it's not an easy thing, you know, going up and down spot start here and there, but it's kind of the way of the world in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Dave Roberts talking about his rotation and with the injuries, young guys getting opportunities. Bobby Miller one of those guys tonight needs to take advantage of that. When we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David Vassy as we're leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies as they wrap up this three games, that final game of the home stand. Bobby Miller back in on the mount. First pitch coming up. That's seven ten.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, dv mentioned Bobby Miller getting the start, so he did not break camp with the team. He got hit in the head in the spring training that maybe sent him back a little bit, But how is he going into the start?
Speaker 3: What can we expect?
Speaker 6: Yo, that's the biggest question tonight. What are we going to expect from Bobby Miller who really hasn't pitched that phenomenally in Oklahoma City. He's walked a lot of hitters down there, so we'll see what he's able to do. Because his e alras under three, so that means he's putting runners on but they're not scoring, so that's a good thing. But I saw Bobby in the clubhouse earlier today and as you know, Tim, when a starting pitcher is going to start that day, you don't even want to talk to him. Instead, Bobby was trying to engage me in conversation. I said, Hey, I'm not talking to you. I'll talk to you after. But I'm rooting for Bobby. He's a great kid and hopefully he performs tonight.
Speaker 3: David has driven by four.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing you like, its choice is fine yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark can only be called F one to fifty. What's the latest with Blake'snell David.
Speaker 6: Well, Blake's in a better headspace the last few days than he was when the Dodgers were on the road when he was placed on the IL. And that's because he's played catch from about ninety feet a couple of different times here at Dodgers Stadium when they returned home, and things are moving in the right direction. He actually was throwing his change up today, So things are moving in the right direction. And I mentioned this a few different times, but I'll say it again. It feels like because he has to get built up and he's moving in the right direction, probably needs a rehab start. We won't see Bobby Miller until the Dodgers hit out on a ten game road trip at the beginning of May, because or Blake Snell in that ten day road trip, because they're going to need a starter there. So it feels like he's ramping up for that period of time.
Speaker 2: Clayton in Oklahoma City today, David feels like he's on his way back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he is, but he can't come back because he's on the sixty day IL. So that means even if he was ready to go tomorrow, he would have to wait until mid May. But today was the beginning of all that, right, because he's still dealing with some pain in that left toe, left foot, and his fastball velocity was only at eighty nine miles an hour today. There were some eighty five's in there. And he told me in Washington, DC that that's the biggest hurdle for him to kind of get that extra little tick of fastball velocity is for his left foot to respond. So he has time. Think of it as maybe his second spring training start, so he has time to build up.
Speaker 3: Dave real quick.
Speaker 2: Chris Taylor, what kind of opportunities will he get moving forward? He had a couple of Barbie eyes last night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, he came up with a big catch in the third inning. He came up with a big two out hit in the bottom of the third inning. He's still the twenty fifth, the twenty six guy on this roster, but yesterday he's not a guy that really shows a lot of emotion. But you can hear the smile on his face when he gave this ancetce.
Speaker 10: It was fun, you know, just to get back out on the field. Obviously, I haven't been playing much, so trying to be patient away from my opportunity, and you know tonight it's all good to contribute. I feel like I'm a part of this and it's a good win for us.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So Chris Taylor, who has a long resume, Tim, I wouldn't count him out. And he's not going anywhere because he is still owed quite a bit of money in his final year of a four year, sixty million dollar contract. But nights like tonight are good contributions.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it. Thank you, DA able to check back you with you just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day. Don't miss the biggest derby party west of Kentucky, Mother's Day dining and free Fridays with special drinks every Friday. Just go to Santa Anita dot com slashy Fence find out more coming up here on Moroco Becauseino Dodgers on deglha from Kyle Farmer. But I'm next, We'll get your Hoffey magical moment. Don't go anywhere, leading you up to Dodgers and Rockies first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday night, final game of this three game cent Dodgers going for the sweet Bobby Miller on the mound, first pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 6: Dog had a hot dog who wants.
Speaker 1: Hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment, Bitch Magical presented by Hawby hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, if the Dodgers taking on the Rockies, we go back to September twenty fifth, twenty sixteen, Dodgers and Rockies at the Ravine, Dodgers clenching the NL West on an emotion old day, Vin's final home game ever.
Speaker 6: Bottom of the tent, tied at three. Boom Logan, the lefty set and the pitch to Culberson.
Speaker 1: There's a fly.
Speaker 6: Ball the left field. Did they do it?
Speaker 11: Charlie Culberson a'll walk off home run. The Dodgers win the West for the fourth pnsecutive year. But this win is for Vinn and Charlie Colberson is a man who's.
Speaker 6: Done it.
Speaker 2: Charlie Culberson with the walk off home run as the Dodgers beat the Rockies and clenched the nl West on Vin Scully's final home game at the Ravine. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hafey hot Dogs, Hafey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 3: Haffy hot Dogs local and so great. When we come back here on.
Speaker 2: Moroco Casino, Dodgers on Deck, well here for Rick Monday, we'll get you your Prize Pigs double play of the hey leading up to Dodgers and Rockies. Some Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network its Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dodgers and the Rockies. Bobby Miller on the Mount. Herman Marquez will go for Colorado. First pitch coming up at seven ten, got him with the two for.
Speaker 11: One hard shot to third, drove the second on the first double What double tollers.
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double play of the day.
Speaker 2: Join me and millions of others playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks baseball season is in full swing. Download the free Prize Packs app and sign up using the code go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's a free fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup, go blue when you sign up at Prize Picks.
Speaker 3: It's easy.
Speaker 2: You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash, whether it's strikeouts, RBI's first any runs. You pick more or less at Prize Picks, use the code go blue.
Speaker 3: Here to my two picks tonight, Freddie.
Speaker 2: Freeman more or less half a hit runner RBI combined easy Yes more more for a half a hit or run an RBI for Freddie Freeman. Bobby Miller more or less one and a half walks allowed. Going to go more for Bobby Miller's has some concurtrol issues. Even in TRIPAA Oklahoma City this year. More one and a half walks for Bobby Miller Again, use the code go blue when you sign up at Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: Run your game and now joined by David Bass saying here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Rick, the Dodgers aren't closing out this homestand and looking to do what they should and that sweep the Rockies out of La.
Speaker 7: Yeah. And this is not meant to throw stones in the Rockies way, but you know they come on their three and fourteen one in ten on the road, and you know this may sound cruel, but these are the teams you just have to beat up. I mean, that's all there is to it. And right now, you know the Rockies are beat up themselves physically, and you start to look at their offense. I mean, if you look at Kyle Farmer, the former Dodger, and good for him, he's one of the good guys. In fact, he's going to be on your pregame showed today.
Speaker 6: Correct, that's right, He's going to join us later.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pretty good segue and a billboarded that for you. I mean, he's hitting three thirty three. Brenton Doyle, who has not played since last Thursday because of a quad injury, is hitting three twenty one. And then Nick Martini, who is going to lead it off and playing right field for the Rockies tonight is hitting three oh four. Okay, that's the good news for them. The rest of the team is hitting just one to eighty one. That's not going to get it done.
Speaker 6: I was shocked when the Rockies were in San Diego. Kyle Farmer had five hits, the rest of the team had four.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, And that's that's the way it has been. And we're going to see a little bit different lineup for the Dodgers tonight, and that would be with the Austin Barnes doing the catching. And the other thing about the Rockies, I mean on the road they're one to ten. How about the fact those eleven games they've only scored sixteen runs. Now, they're going to get better on that end of it. They have a young team that's kind of developing. Speaking of developing, today's an anniversary for the Rockies. Now, this is rather obscure, but that's where we dwelve in this segment, David Bassey, because in nineteen ninety four at Mile High Stadium, this is before Korsfield was actually built, it was in the process of being built, but they introduced their mascot and I believe you know the name of the mascot Dinger. Dinger, Okay, he's a dinosaur. Yeah, it was a dinosaur, triceratops.
Speaker 6: To be exact, I love triceratops.
Speaker 7: Do you know why it's a triceratops.
Speaker 6: I'm sure that's where they lived. They found a lot of fossils out there.
Speaker 7: They did, and they found a seven foot long triceratops skull weighing a hat a ton in the very sight that they were excavating to build coors Field. Therefore, Dinger the Triceratops.
Speaker 6: I had no idea they excavated that triceratops fossil.
Speaker 7: How about the fact that he was seven foot long skullah a way to half ton.
Speaker 6: Hey, I love paleontology, Rick, You didn't know that about me. Really, I'm big. I'm a big astronomy fan of big paleontologist.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you'll have to do some research when we get up to Denver, no doubt I want to. Now you know the backstory to this entire thing. So when you see Dinger the mascot running around like an absolute fool, you'll know kind of why.
Speaker 6: I always wondered why see why that?
Speaker 7: See, inquiring minds want to know, and that's what we're here for sometimes.
Speaker 6: All right, since we're going to the way back when the Rockies first started back in nineteen ninety three, their best years were with the Sluggers, the Blake Street Bombers, Larry Walker, Vinnie Castilla, those guys, Ellis Bert's and Dante Bischett. Yep, what did you think, because as you were broadcasting for the Dodgers all the way back then as well, what did you think about baseball and Denver? And when you saw those four guys come to the plate.
Speaker 7: I thought it was baseball's version of arena football. I mean, seriously, that's how I try to put it into terms. They've tried to analyze what to do with that field. Do they make it smaller? As far as the dimensions, I mean, the ball flies. We talked the other day about for every thousand feet of altitude, the ball will theoretically go and the physicists have come out and verified it. The ball will travel farther. For every thousand feet of elevation that you're having, there gets thinner. For every ten degrees of temperature increase or decrease, it either goes farther or shorter distance so is there an answer for games. I've even seen a suggestion at one particular time that maybe accurs field they add an additional fielder in the outfield and have four outfielders. In essence, you would have ten guys defensively, including.
Speaker 6: The I don't think that would go over well, Ray, I would hate to see that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, rovers are still cringe at the placed runner in extra endings. I still want to pick my feet up off the floor when I see that.
Speaker 6: And the Padres lost a game yesterday because of that place runner and the tenth Inny Nico Horner tripled in that placed runner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, all he had to do is hit a single. Could have done it. You wasted a triple.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's an interesting way to.
Speaker 7: Look at it, Okay, mister tri Sarah Thomps.
Speaker 6: Can't wait to see you when Texas Rick will be together again.
Speaker 7: Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 6: We'll send it back here at the studio.
Speaker 7: Tip.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, guys. Dodger's game plan. Dodger fans, start your future at the California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with the tuition, books, and yep, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step classes they can film quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Tim and Rick will have those keys to the game. Still to come, but I'm next. We go high and tight with Kyle Farmer, former Dodger, now Rocky. It leads out to first pitch. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Wednesday night. Bobby Miller, her Mon marquees the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers for both of them coming up in just a little bit. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zench handcrafted sushi. Enjoy it heading to the game, listening to the game. It's quick and affordable for the whole family, made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion and a tradition. You can taste tune of rolls, Salmon rolls, timper shrimp rolls. They got poke bulls. Find Zen she know the deli counter at rals zench hand crafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 6: This it is high and tight, a different uniform, but still a good guy. The one and only Kyle Farmer is back at Dodger Stadium. Great to see you and great to see a smile on your faith.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks, glad to be here.
Speaker 12: It's I've had quite a few uniforms since I've last played here, so it's been good.
Speaker 6: But we've remained consistent. I come see you no matter who you're playing for.
Speaker 4: If you don't, I'll be really upset.
Speaker 6: Twins, reds Now Rockies.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah, I love Denver.
Speaker 7: It's great.
Speaker 4: It's been a lot of fun so far.
Speaker 6: What's been the key to your personal success to start the year.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 12: I may not swing change a little bit this offseason, but honestly, I'm thirty four now and not sure how much longer I'm gonna be able to play, so I'm just kind of enjoying every moment right now and just kind of taking everything in and enjoin it.
Speaker 6: When you look at your journey, everybody talks about that. I know you're in the moment still and still excelling. But what do you appreciate the most about the road of your major league career?
Speaker 7: Ah Man?
Speaker 12: Just the patience that a lot of coaching stuff has had with me at different teams. I think you don't get to where you are without some help, and I've had a lot of good help on my way with the Dodgers, the Reds, the Twins, a lot of guys who have patients with me and has helped me out a lot.
Speaker 6: Speaking of the Dodgers, I'll never forget your greatest Dodger moment, a walk off hit against the San Francisco Giants on Sunday Night baseball. Your jersey got shredded that night. I still remember that. Do you still have the jersey?
Speaker 12: It's actually I think it's supposed to be here in Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 7: I believe.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they took it from me, so I don't have it. It was drenched in red power aide Quigue was giving me a good drag around the infield. Barnes was punched me in the gut. Woody was tackling. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: I think it's still here.
Speaker 12: I think in like the like the first walk off doublee Dodger history.
Speaker 4: Since like eighteen hundred or something like that. I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: We got to refine that jersey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please find it and send me a picture.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'll get it for you directly.
Speaker 4: If you get it from me, I owe you a big one.
Speaker 6: That's where your roots started with the Dodgers. Who helped Kyle Farmer the most in the Dodger organization Travis.
Speaker 4: Barbery really yeah.
Speaker 12: He he was our catching coordinator when I got drafted, and then you know it was Travis and probably Trammell Sledge as well. He was our double A hitting coach at the time in Tulsa for my third year, and so I got to give a lot of credit to Sledge. Well, God, there's another one, Bill Hasselman too. Bill Hassman was great. He had a lot of patience from me too.
Speaker 6: Even though you're not catching anymore, do you still see the game as a catcher?
Speaker 7: Would sure? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I mean I think once you become a catcher you think of the game differently. And it opened my eyes to something I didn't know about in college and high school and stuff. And I'm very fortunate that I was able to go through that whole stage.
Speaker 6: One of the good guys, Kyle Farmer is joining us before first pitch at Dodgers Stadium. You mentioned Woody. That's our guy, Alex Wood. Where's Alex Wood these days? Is he taking baby reveal pictures? What's going on?
Speaker 12: I think if you look on Instagram, he's been modeling quite a few times. So yeah, he's having his second baby. We're excited for him. I think he's just looking for his job.
Speaker 4: I miss Wood.
Speaker 12: He love Woody, but he's he definitely looks good on the camera.
Speaker 6: You could actually validate this. He may not have the same talent as Clayton Kershaw, but do you feel like he's just as competitive as Kershaw?
Speaker 4: I think so yeah. I mean, there's no one like Clayton but Wood.
Speaker 12: He when he gets on that mound, he's very competitive and that's why he was good for so long.
Speaker 6: You hear that Georgia twaying in his voice. He's been to many different teams. Do you sound like a Georgia guy?
Speaker 7: I am a Georgia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so what happened to your football team this year?
Speaker 4: We're not gonna talk about it.
Speaker 12: We had a little quarterback issue. Decided to go to Miami and do some other things. So hopefully we turn around this year.
Speaker 6: So it is the LLC of Kyle Farmer and Alex Wood now a big donor, the nil donor to the Georgia Bulldogs.
Speaker 12: I love my Bulldogs, but I will not be giving any money to a college student.
Speaker 6: Are you still having aspirations of being a broadcaster when you're done playing?
Speaker 12: I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna a lot of guys want me to manage. A lot of people want me to broadcast. I think i'd be a good manager. I think I'd also be a good broadcaster. So I think you gotta have a little Southern twang on the broadcasters sometimes.
Speaker 6: I know, Well, that would be great either way. But just don't ask for anybody's phone number. You're a married man.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna that. That was an Atlanta brave guy too.
Speaker 6: We don't.
Speaker 4: We don't claim it.
Speaker 6: Hey, before I let you go. Jackie Robinson Day at Dodger Stadium, How special was it to be here for that.
Speaker 4: That was really cool.
Speaker 12: Was my second time doing it. I was here with the reds uh when we did it and then, Uh, it's really cool. I mean having Doc out there talking was was awesome.
Speaker 6: All right, I'll let you go. I know, Yeah, you're not in trouble. They don't know who you are. You're one of the good guys on the farm. Dog that's right, don't forget it. Great to see you.
Speaker 7: Good to see you too.
Speaker 4: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 6: There he goes. One of the good guys and best friend to Alex Wood, Kyle Farmer has been our guest, and he receives a pair of Canaan sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit Canaan dot Com for your pair today, Tim. We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks a lot, DV. Great to hear from Kyle Farmer, one of the good guys. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's Game nine, it's group night.
Speaker 2: At Shakys dot com coming up, We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Guess who's back, Bobby Miller. We'll dive deeper to that pitchy matchup. Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kasi's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Long, Dodgers and Rockies, final game of this three game series, final game of this homestand for the Dodgers as they go for the sweep of Colorado.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven ten, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the diningck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Present about your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard, in play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charged engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Herman Marquez on the mount oh and two of the four to sixty era thirty year old right hander out of Venezuela, Tennessee in the Big leagues already. It's a bounce back season after making a combined five starts in the last two years because of elbow issues, making his four start this year last time out four and two third innings, six runs, seven hits in a loss of the Padres. He's gone three and five with a three seventy five RRA against the Dodgers in seventeen career starts. He's three and three with the two eighty nine RRAY in nine starts at Dodger Stadium. That ERA, by the way, is the second best opponent ERA amongst active pitchers at Dodgers Stadium. Bobby Miller on the mound for the Dodgers. Twenty six year old right hander former first round pick. Miller burst onto the scene in twenty twenty three, going eleven to four the three seventy six RRAY in twenty two starts. However, twenty twenty four not so good. In ERA over eight and a half, he was two and four in fifty six innings of work. He opened this season in TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City, where he's made the last two starts in three appearances with a two to twenty five RORAY. It's not a lot of traffic on the base pass across twelve innings with eleven strikeouts. He's facing the Rockies for the third time in his young career, is first at Dodgers Stadium. He's one to er at the four seventy two era. He last faced the Rockies July nineteenth. Last year. He went six and a third innings, give it up five runs on six hits while striking out two in a no decision. So it's Bobby Miller and Harman Maraquez Dodgers and Rockies final game of there's three games set.
Speaker 3: We are fifteen minutes await for first pitch.
Speaker 2: Keys to the game are coming up next with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 2: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies, final game of the Homestand remember the Dodgers dropped two of three to the Chicago Cubs to start the home stand. They have won the first two games of this three game set against Colorado, looking for the sweep over the Rockies. Bobby Miller, Harmon Marquez. The pitch you match up when the boys in Blue play at home. It's important they have their right game plan to protect the house and looking to protect it tonight with the sweepover Colorado. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, before setting up a campfire, make sure to get a permit from CalFire, check local restrictions. Know how to properly set up a campfire and extinguish it using the drownster and feel method. Always have a water supply and shovel nearby to extinguish that campfire. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot ca A dot gov. All Right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth. Tim Nevernett Rick Monday Guests.
Speaker 5: Tim, thanks again and another gorgeous night here at Dodgers Stadium, wrapping up this home stand and wrapping up this three game series. Dodgers looking for a sweep over the Rockies. They've won the first two. Bobby Miller gets called up making a spot start for the Dodgers in Triple A this year. He is zero to one with a two to two five ERA, eleven strikeouts and twelve innings pitched. He's had three a pair instance and two starts for the Oklahoma City Comments, his last one coming on the eleventh against Round Rock, and now gets ready to debut tonight. Where we see a new Bobby Miller or what will we see that could be different from the right hander as he hopes to try to stay in the big league.
Speaker 7: I think one thing that has to be different than the starts that he had in Triple A is not walking eleven batters in the twelve innings. That's really at the top of the order. And if we look back the last year the fastball, and while that fastball registered in the elite categories, it averaged at ninety seven point six miles an hour. That's in the top five percent of Major League Baseball. The fastball was hit a a three forty eight batting average in a very high slugging percentage because of location, not lack of velocity, but it was lack of location inside and outside. Of trying to tie up some big swings.
Speaker 5: One big key for Miller is going to be to not give up the home run. Last year, he allowed seventeen home runs in just fifty six innings. That's two point seven home runs per nine innings. He can get the ball in the ground, keep it in the ballpark. He should be okay. Veteran Herman Marquez going for the Rockies. He is three and three with an ERA under three in nine career starts against the Dodgers. The Dodgers thirteen and six, the Rockies three and fourteen. Game three and a chance to sweep for the Dodgers coming up.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you, guys. Don't forget after the game. I'll have all the postgame festivities, including postgame Dodger talk as well all the reaction from the clubhouses. The Dodgers look to finish off this sweep over the three and fourteen Colorado Rockies, who have lost five in a row on their road trip.
Speaker 3: Dodgers looking to make it six in a row.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Diamondbacks, Giants, and Padres all one today.
Speaker 3: Diabacks have won four in a row.
Speaker 2: Padres get back on track with the win at fifteen and four in a top the division. So as we speak, Dodgers going to play in third place in the NL West. Dodgers, Rockies, Necks. Bobby Miller on the mountain when we return. I'm Tim Kase has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck, I'm the world champion.
Speaker 3: Los Angeles Dodgers audio networ