Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be an absolutely beautiful day out at Dodger Stadium. I guess they're going to talk to Clayton Kershaw on that pregame show.
Speaker 3: Good because you're not doing anything else. Wow, sorry, it's not.
Speaker 1: We should get katsy on who Tim Kate's he's busy. What do you mean he's busy? It's doing the pregame show.
Speaker 4: It's on.
Speaker 1: Huh, Well, they've got commercial breaks, it can pop in.
Speaker 2: We should That game comes up just after one o'clock Dodg. Man, that's going to be a beautiful day.
Speaker 1: It is going to be a beautiful day because it's going to be like seventy three degrees so not too hot be in the sun unless you got seats in the shade.
Speaker 4: But it'll be perfect.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, what else is going on? Time for what's happening?
Speaker 1: WOWIHO service for Facebook, Messenger and Instagram has been knocked out across the United States.
Speaker 2: Can I say this every time we do stories about a social media outage, I say a little thank you to the Lord.
Speaker 1: I do too, because I sing trumpets of Jesus in my heart.
Speaker 2: Yes, because someone somewhere has to realize that this is exactly what should happen. You have to have if you can't do it yourself. Yeah, you're gonna have to have some forced time off from social media.
Speaker 4: Mandatory outages five times a day.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, toy outages.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe that could be put into the communist government should we achieve one.
Speaker 3: We could we could fix all the prices.
Speaker 4: Because that's what happens in China.
Speaker 2: Right, mandate when you can use social media on a rotating basis and force you to make babies on the On the much more serious side, the United States is going to deploy a missile defense system, the FAD system Terminal high Altitude Area Defense System to Israel and send along the roughly one hundred American troops that will operate It. Puts US operating the ground based interceptor closer to this war in the Middle East. Now, there are plenty of Americans that are already in the area, tens of thousands, but they're not in Israel proper. This will put these guys and gals boots on the ground in Israel.
Speaker 1: The Trump campaign is not viewing that Coachella incident as an assassination attempt. Two unnamed sources close to the Trump campaign told Fox News they do not view this in that way. The US Attorney's Office, Secret Service, and FBI confirmed the incident did not compromise protective ops for the former president. Of course, this after the Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco, an open supporter of Trump, said the incident was probably a third assassination attempt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what we know about this guy a degree from UCLA, maybe a master's degreeably from UCLA, lives in Vegas. He runs a co a media network. Would you even call it that? He claims to run a media network is a better way to put it. But apparently as part of this sovereign citizen movement, and the reason that deputies even stopped him in the first place was he had, according to the sheriff, homemade license plates on his car, because obviously you can't if you don't believe that the government has a right to exist, You're not going to pay the DMV any money to get their license plates.
Speaker 1: He says he always travels with his firearms in the back of his truck, just trying to protect himself after some death threats due to his media work.
Speaker 2: Right, but also claims that he has never fired a gun. Quote, I don't know anything about guns. I am beyond a novice.
Speaker 1: Tropical storm Nadine has a fifty percent chance of becoming a hurricane that could hit Florida. Do you think there's going to be a backlash to the Milton that never was when it comes to authorities telling people to leave.
Speaker 3: No, I hope not.
Speaker 2: I hope not to, because I mean, it did damage enough property. It was not the direct hit on Tampa that everybody was concerned about, but still not. I'm hoping that people don't think of it that way because the other thing.
Speaker 3: About it is.
Speaker 2: They were still dealing with the aftermath of Helene all up and down the west coast of Florida, So anywhere it was going to hit on the west coast of Flora was going Florida was going to be bad.
Speaker 3: So I'm hoping that they were smart enough to not do that.
Speaker 1: People still talking about what happened with Jim Harbaugh on the sideline there when the Chargers went up to Denver to take on the Broncos and secure that twenty three to sixteen win. Right before the game started, he went into the locker room with an illness. It turns out it is an atrial flutter, an arrhythmia causes the upper chambers of the heart to beat two hundred two hundred and fifty to three fifty times per minute and had a little flare up today. It's happened twice before. Once every about twelve years, it happens.
Speaker 3: Did they I know that?
Speaker 2: They said they got he said he they got his heart back into rhythm.
Speaker 4: Yes, did they have to rhythm? No? Not not from what I understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like if they had to shock him, that would have been a bigger deal. It's a hard didn't stop. It just was out of whack. So they give him an IVY, give him some potassium or something.
Speaker 4: I forget what they gave him.
Speaker 5: It's called april flutter, and uh I got into an episode of Today with it, and then doctors checked me out and he got it got back into uh since rhythm rhythm, So h came back.
Speaker 6: But you say an episode, does you mean like you were like like what happened there? Like you were feeling uncomfortable, and yeah, I can tell her there was there was some irregular beats I had qualified to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. I was nervous.
Speaker 7: I was very nervous.
Speaker 3: Say you were working through something.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I had a couple of Blazons nine, one in twenty twelve. I always remember the one in twenty twelve. It was during the money and I gave.
Speaker 3: Colk Kaepernick so great that he remembers the game.
Speaker 4: That game was incredible. I thought we were gonna.
Speaker 1: I thought we were going to see that guy go on to the Hall of Fame after that performance.
Speaker 3: Colin Kaepernick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the oblations that he was referring to, they actually they kill part of the heart that causes the flutter, either freezing or heating. I think cauterization. So a couple of quick Space stories. SpaceX's Starship test was completed with that chopstick booster catch, the first for SpaceX and an important step, they said, toward making the super heavy booster a fully reusable launch system, just like the SpaceX Falcon nine rockets. And then also today out of Cape Canaveral and NASA spacecraft flew away on a quest to explore the moon Europa, Jupiter's Moon Europa, because they're trying to see if, in fact, it has a hidden ocean underneath its icy crust.
Speaker 3: Ah, I knew her in college.
Speaker 4: Wow, sorry, so the fiance that left you?
Speaker 3: No, it's one of the others.
Speaker 1: Oh, all right that I have a trail pick that scab already gone after your dead family members, Gas Fantasy four play when we come back.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty A fun.
Speaker 1: Week six in the NFL kicked off, of course, Thursday night up in Seattle. One. The forty nine ers were able to get that divisional win thirty six twenty four. The Bears put on a show with Caleb Williams showing that he is a rookie to be talked about. Over the Jags. That was the London game, right, Yeah, what's going to go on with the Jaguars? Going to just blow that whole thing up or something?
Speaker 3: Start over?
Speaker 4: I don't know, move, I'm.
Speaker 1: Surprised that coach is still around. Ravens were able to hold off the Commanders, which have had kind of a nice little Cinderella season there with their rookie quarterback Jaden But it's hard to beat Baltimore in Baltimore and.
Speaker 3: Proves how great Lamar Jackson actually is.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 4: Baker Mayfield put on a show.
Speaker 1: He had three touchdowns but a couple of picks as well as they beat the Saints fifty one twenty seven. The other lopsided game was that Lions Cowboys game at House that Jerry built, forty seven to nine.
Speaker 4: The Lions won.
Speaker 3: At one point, the Lions were just messing around.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, they were throwing to linemen around. They were throwing to linemen in the end zone. Now how how that's acceptable? I mean there's a certain amount of you know, gentlemen league not.
Speaker 4: Between the Lions and the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: That was the best. That was so great to see though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just having fun at that point. Panthers continue to flounder with the Falcons beating them thirty eight twenty. Bengals got one over the Giants.
Speaker 4: Your c J. Stroud continues to look great.
Speaker 3: My CJ. Stroud jersey is on order right now.
Speaker 2: Oh good, so you don't have to get one for me, or you could probably cancel the order that you made.
Speaker 1: I think Jacob went four and oh this week I went three and one.
Speaker 4: How'd you do?
Speaker 3: I think it ad three and one?
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, we had a lot of winners though we did. We had eight people win gas Fantasy four play this week. That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Chris and Gaylon, Chris's Lisa, Wendy, Robbie, Earl, Janet another Chris. I feel like the magic mirror lady. I see, I see Chris, I see Lisa's magic mirror lady.
Speaker 4: You remember, oh, we've.
Speaker 3: Discovered from rocker Room and there were different wropper rooms.
Speaker 4: There was different ropper room hosts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, through cities and time, we didn't all have the same one.
Speaker 2: Through cities and vast swaths of time have been different round yes, miss like Miss Wendy, and somebody had Miss Sarah. I don't remember who ours was up in the Bay Area, but I do remember when we talked about it before. Everybody had different names for the same woman, right, I mean, not the same woman. They had different names for the same host. I guess is a better way to put it.
Speaker 1: Miss Nancy. I think was that it wasn't mine, Miss Nancy. I think I had Miss Sharon. I don't know the other I have miss Patricia.
Speaker 2: The other story that's different. She's not your romper room instructor. Is that what you call her?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Have you changed because last week she was your ballet.
Speaker 1: No, but I see her through the screen just like I used to see Miss Nancy or Miss Sharon.
Speaker 2: Do you hold up a Do you hold up a fake mirror and look through and see Miss Patricia?
Speaker 3: Is that what you do?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Weirdo, Everything's fine.
Speaker 2: Another football note that I thought was interesting was a sophomore high school quarterback out of evangel Christian Academy in Shreveport, Louisiana blew the doors off of the Louisiana state record. This sophomore, Peyton Houston, threw for eight hundred and seventeen yards and eight touchdowns. That's not even video game statistics, because I don't think the game would allow you to pass for eight hundred and seventeen yards and eight touchdowns. He completed fifty three of sixty eight passes and still lost the game. He lost seventy seven to seventy six to well not he, but well kind of he. He was twenty yards shy of the national record for passing yards in a high school football game, set by Davidson Day High School quarterback Will Greer. Back in twenty twelve, he passed for eight hundred and thirty seven yards in the game.
Speaker 1: Tonight we get the is it the Jets at the Bills or Bills Bill, Jets at the Jets, Bills of the Jets. Okay, so we'll see which shed Josh Allen we get, which Aaron Rodgers we get, and it's battle for New York there.
Speaker 2: And whatever temporary coach they have in place to take over for Robert Sala who was let go from there, they have the Jeff Ulbrick.
Speaker 3: Is that who's doing it? Yeah? I didn't see that, so that's all good.
Speaker 2: But then the other news, of course, not football news, is the baseball news. The Dodgers are at home, of course, taking on the New York Mets. They beat them last night, nine to noth and quick turnaround because that game starts in half an hour or so of forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: First pitch is going to be for Game two.
Speaker 2: Of the Alds and then tonight the Cleveland Guardians are in New York to take on the New York Yankees. I think it would be great if it was a Yankees Dodgers World, so I do too. That would be really that's a good classical matchup from what eighty one I think was when they last matched up in the series.
Speaker 4: Coast West Coast travel is real.
Speaker 2: B Well, that's why people are rooting for that Yankees Mets series.
Speaker 4: That'd be cool.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to take it easy on the travel. That way, they don't have to leave, they don't have to leave New York. Right, what do you want to talk about when we come back? A couple of things that CBS stuff. CBS now a week later still has not come forward and cleaned.
Speaker 4: Up any of the mess that they all of the editing.
Speaker 3: But also there's a new plagiarism issue.
Speaker 4: This cracks me up.
Speaker 3: Haunting the Kamala Harris King.
Speaker 1: This cracks me up because whenever you see these people write books, do you ever believe that they wrote they sat down and wrote it. There's just no way. I mean, they have ghostwriters, they have co writers.
Speaker 4: It's very rare. I would think you're.
Speaker 7: Listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Sheriff's office out of North Carolina has announced they have arrested a man and charged him with allegedly threatening to harm female workers in that area.
Speaker 1: Yet still no actual accounts of truckloads of armed people going after and hunting FEMA workers.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: William Parsons, a Boston, North Carolina charged with going armed to the terror of the public.
Speaker 3: That's the official charge there in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: The statement that came out said that deputies were investigating reports in the vicinity of Lake Lure and Chimney Rock that a male had an assault rifle and had made comment about possibly harming FEMA employees. Witnesses were able to give information. They eventually located and identified this guy, who was armed with a handgun. Was armed with a rifle, But according to the Sheriff's department statement, the initial report stated there was a truckload of militia men that was involved. However, after further investigation, it was determined Parsons acted alone. There were no truckloads of militia going to Lake Lure to hunt any FEMA employees.
Speaker 4: It sounded far fetched when it surfaced.
Speaker 3: Yes, thankfully it turns out to have been far fetched.
Speaker 1: CBS aired one part of a co Amala Harris answer to a question about Israel from sixty minutes and then aired a shorter, different part of the answer a day later. Now, former CBS News staffers are calling on the network to see what the hell is going on with this editing controversy. Former CBS News journalist telling The New York Post, I think there should be an outside investigation.
Speaker 4: Obviously there's a problem here.
Speaker 1: If they care about journalistic integrity, they would conduct an investigation or release the full transcript.
Speaker 2: I think everybody needs to be worried about this. If you're pulling for Kamala Harris, or if you're pulling for President Trump, or whatever your plan is to do on November fifth, you should be worried about a network that does not disclose the true nature of that decision process.
Speaker 1: In the preview clip that aired on Sunday's Face the Nation, she rambled it was a word salad when talking about Israel, a relationship with Israel, is Netanyahu an ally, all of that, And then in another in the primetime special on Monday, the one that everybody watched because nobody watches the Sunday Shows, it was a succinct, quick to the punch answer that she gave, and it was actually, I don't want to say shocking, but it kind of surprised me that she was so ready for it, and she was so quick to the point.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the magic of editing.
Speaker 1: Now, I've mentioned this before. I used to do this as a reporter all the time. You do an interview with some sort of city council person or any authority, fire captain, whatever have you. Not everybody speaks in perfect sound bites. Some people do ramble. It takes some people a while to get to the point. Would I ever.
Speaker 4: Use that rambling?
Speaker 1: No, because I had thirty seconds to tell a story, so I just cut it to the actual meat of the question. But to your point when I brought this up before, one of her major issues or the concerns with Kamala Harris, is that she gives nothing answers. There's not a lot there there, There's not a lot in between in the airs. So do we have a right to see that. I mean, there are a lot of people who ramble but eventually get to a point. Well, and some you agree with it if you agree with them.
Speaker 2: And some people that we've interviewed over the course of careers in news are savvy enough to go.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna start over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they'll just simply reset and state their point. Whatever they're doing, they'll do it more concisely, they'll do it with better word choice however they want to do it.
Speaker 3: But those are the people who are savvy enough to do it.
Speaker 2: A lot of times, it's going to be, you know, a public information officer for fire department or a state police agency or something like that, who have they do this on a regular basis. Part of the problem with the way this was handled is without a transcript, without a full interview, we don't know what she was doing.
Speaker 3: Did she do that.
Speaker 2: Word salad thing first and then say to Bill Whitaker, you know what, Bill, I'm going to give you a better answer, Yeah, and then rattle off what she did in.
Speaker 1: The case, why not just come out and say that CBS News.
Speaker 2: Again, it's always that I'm not accusing them of a cover up at this point, I'm accusing them of not being honest with us about the process. Just do it so that this doesn't continue to balloon into something it doesn't need to be. This is an unforced error on their part because they have not yet come forward with any information.
Speaker 4: And then there's the plagiarism issue.
Speaker 2: Back in two thousand and nine, Kamala Harris published a book called Smart on Crime, A Career Prosecutor's Plan to make Us Safer.
Speaker 3: This would have been two thousand and nine. This is her political slogan from her.
Speaker 2: Campaign for DA and she put it into a nationwide plan for what she thought at the time was going to be the future of criminal justice reform. Co authored by a woman named jane O C. Hamilton. Now there's as an activist who has published some details of the book on his sub stack today Famous citing famous Austrian plagiarism hunter Stefan Weber, who says he found more than a dozen fragments of plagiarism fragments of but said that there were a couple of things that were copied verbatim from Wikipedia, from Goodwill Industries, from her partner on the Back on Track Crime program, and some other online sources that became the text of her book. The report showed that she apparently lifted an entire section of text from an AP story published in April two thousand and eight about low graduation rates. Some of this stuff, some of the stuff is not a problem. Some of it can simply be bad. Attribution in the text, and then some of it could be outright plagiarism.
Speaker 1: They say that plagiarism accusations can derail a political campaign. It demonstrates the candidate is lazy or unseerious. In fact, biden first presidential campaign in nineteen eighty seven was derailed by these accusations. He appeared to be copying phrases and mannerisms from a British Labor Party politician. He was also accused of plagiarism in law school in the nineteen twenties. And not to be cute, but when Biden was in law school and when he was running in nineteen eighty seven, we had different standards, didn't we, Especially when it came to plagiarism.
Speaker 4: It was a big deal.
Speaker 1: Nowadays, with the Internet and with everything else, it's kind of an antiquated beef, I think. And furthermore, when I go to the bookstore when one still exists, I forgot to bring you a book, and I see all the books written by the politicians and the former presidents and things like that. Most most of the time I'm thinking, well, who wrote that for you? Like your name's on it and you signed off on it. Probably, But who did the work there? Because you didn't have time to do the work?
Speaker 3: Who's the also on that one? Right? Who's the also?
Speaker 1: And I mean there's always an also and they they're very clear about it. But how much of the book did you actually write? Probably the forward?
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.