Speaker 1: Welcome to You Should Know Better with Mike c Ylson, the guy who won't shut up about winning three times on Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Welcome to you Should Know Better, the trivia podcast that tests your knowledge and a little bit of your patience. Our goal here is to celebrate the theme of continuing edication. We should always be learning and always be on the prowl to know better. Now we will meet our closely related guests and hear all about what superb causes they are playing for, and shortly crown one of them the smartest person in the world for one week. But as for right now, let's jump right into some questions and answers with our first of four rounds today are General Knowledge Round Round one, General Knowledge Thinking, caps on, Brethren, pencils at the ready, and away we go. There are eight questions in the General Knowledge Round. Here is question number one. Gary Gygax and Dave Arnison created and designed Dungeons and Dragons, which was first published in what year? It's multiple choice. Gary Gygax and Dave Arnison created and designed Dungeons and Dragons, which was first published in what year? Was it nineteen seventy four? Was it nineteen seventy seven or was it nineteen eighty? We got a couple nerds here, D and D. When was it first published? By Guy? I mean that name, Gary Guy. It's the best name ever. First, It's like, who created the nerdiest game of all time? Gary Guy Gas. It's gotta be.
Speaker 3: Gary Guy Gas.
Speaker 2: Was it seventy four, seventy seven or nineteen eighty? How do we feel after one question?
Speaker 4: Guys, those states are pretty close?
Speaker 5: I know That's what I was thinking too. It's like, damn, the states are so close.
Speaker 2: Gary Guy GaX and then Dave Arnison getting a little love too. Yeah. Sometimes multiple choice makes it harder, but I just felt if we just did what year, that would be a tough Oh yeah question.
Speaker 4: I like the choice, Kyle, how are we doing?
Speaker 3: Oh I'm pretty sure I'm winning?
Speaker 2: Oh shit, brother versus brother? Just like the Civil War? Here we go.
Speaker 3: The bad idea.
Speaker 2: Question Number two. Who starred in the twenty twenty two action film The Woman King just a couple of years ago? Total badass actress who starred in the twenty twenty two action film The Woman.
Speaker 5: King for fantastic I don't know if you watched it, but it was one of the most fun Oscar movies.
Speaker 2: Very fun.
Speaker 4: This only came out two years ago.
Speaker 2: I know it feels Yeah, it's crazy, just a couple of years ago. The woman King who starred in that film. For number two, all right, question number three, we're going to do a little geography. What are the capital cities of both of the Dakota's. It's a tough question, both the Dakotas. Can you name both of their capital cities? North and South Dakota. We're going back to elementary school when you learned your state capitals.
Speaker 6: I just did this with my nine year old. I had to listen to a song a billion times.
Speaker 3: What are'm blinking.
Speaker 4: As an advantage over me? We haven't got there yet. The elementary Yeah, how holds your.
Speaker 2: Kid in?
Speaker 4: She's fifth grade going on the fifth Nice.
Speaker 2: That's a fun year. I feel like that was the worst, like really fun memorable year of like of school for me was fifth grade. So again for question number three, what are the capital cities of both North and South Dakota? All right? Question number four of eight in your general knowledge round, Besides the Dallas Cowboys, can you name any of the three other NFL teams that have a star somewhere on their helmet, in their logo on their helmet. Besides the Dallas Cowboys that have a huge ass star on their helmets, can you name any of the other three NFL teams that have a star somewhere in their logos on their helmets? For question number.
Speaker 5: Four, that's an interesting one.
Speaker 4: I like these questions.
Speaker 2: I think there's three for sure. I think the one I'll give you this hint that might help you out is the little things on the Steelers helmet. They're more like diamonds, So I wouldn't consider those stars. The three little colored things in the Steelers helmet. A lot of people will call them stars, but they're star for this, Yeah, They're like the little the red, yellow, and blue diamonds.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Question number five, can you name either of the current US Senators from the Great State of Illinois? Question number five, You spent some time in Chicago, both of us, But can you name either of the current US Senators from the Great State of Illinois? They've both been there for quite some time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was surprised to see one of the names was current.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Illinois senators. Can you name one of them? Last names? Will suffice for number five. Are you ready for number six? Sure? Ah? All right, here we go question number six of eight. What men's grooming brand had the slogan the best a man can get? Let me say that without flubbing it up. For question number six, what men's grooming brand had the slogan the best a man can get? The best a man can get?
Speaker 5: Name that is it was not a successful campaign, because I feel like I have a very good memory for commercial jingles and like slogans and campaigns. I have no this. I've never heard of this in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best a man can get? All right, we're getting here your penultimate question. In the general knowledge around question seven of eight, Louise fits Hugh wrote about what eleven year old secret agent who jotted down the observations of her classmates in her notebook, Very famous children's lit book. Louise fits Hugh for number seven wrote about what eleven year old secret agent who jotted down the observations of her classmates and her notebook. For number seven, name that sleuth or secret agent for number seven.
Speaker 4: I feel like I might have known this sometime ago, but I have not needed to rely on that information in a while.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys, looking at the bookshelf. Stop looking at the bookshelf.
Speaker 2: Ah, Jackie, did you read these?
Speaker 5: No? But hint, I definitely watched the movie. Hello, really liked the movie?
Speaker 2: All right? And finally, question eight of eight. Goiter, that's a fun word. Is an enlargement of what butterfly shaped gland in the human neck? Not getting enough iodine? Goiter is an enlargement of what butterfly shaped glan in the human neck? Someone has a goiter that's affecting what gland in your neck? For question number eight, a little human body question? All right, pencils down. We will go over your answers in just a few quick moments. But it's time to meet brothers from the same mother. I'll just talk about all the places they've lived for both of these gents Columbia, Tennessee, Marshall, Michigan, Lexington, Kentucky, Chicago, Illinois. But this guy, he supports clinical research for the Pearlman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. My new friend Ian Moore.
Speaker 3: Is here today.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Ian, What charity are you playing for today?
Speaker 4: It's called CHOP, which is the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. It's a local hospital for research, lots of cancer research. It works with our you know, University of Penn Hospital and it's just amazing to see the type of work that goes there. And you ask for a charity to work for, and I really couldn't think of the type of need that a family would be going through if their child had to go through something like that. So beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we're happy to make a donation in your name to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Win or lose. It's time to meet your opponent. And who's older, younger, older.
Speaker 3: And younger.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Fourteen months and it shows much.
Speaker 2: Let the baby have it again. All those places. But he was just recently in one of my favorite films of the year Netflix, Big Hit Beverly Hills, cop Axle fol you'll see him like the first fifteen minutes of the movie. It's this dude killing it with Eddie Murphy holding his own with the goat. Eddie Murphy, my pal Kyle Moore is here today, woo and Jackie's good pal.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yes, I got to watch the movie with Kyle at the Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles and it was the really. It was so exciting. And I knew Kyle had, you know, shot shot the movie, and I knew that this was happening, but I also was expecting Kyle to like maybe have six lines, you know. I just wasn't. You never know.
Speaker 2: I'm happy no matter what.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, oh, yeah, like Kyle's gonna be like in a little scene. I'm like, oh no, Kyle's a ton of this movie, Like this is huge. It was very, very very cool.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic. Yeah, I'm sure watching it in that theater, what a thrill. One of the coolest theaters in all of the country, especially in Los Angeles. Kyle, what charity are you playing for today?
Speaker 3: So I let my eleven year old pick the charity, you know. I gave him a day to look up and figure something out, and he chose something he's donated out of his own money before. And it's uh Mote dot org Mota. It's a They are a laboratory, marine laboratory in Mexico. I believe that they save axe lottos, which are cool, very endangered, and they're his favorite animal because of Minecraft. And you can adopt an ax lotto basically from there, you don't get it, but you get to save one with your donation. Uh, and they are critically endangered. So my my child decided to save.
Speaker 6: The animals, and uh, we we're gonna save an ax a lotto that.
Speaker 2: Is awesome and it's called Mota dot org. Yeah, fantastic. We're happy to make a donation in your name to Mota dot o RG and in your son's name too. You can follow Kyle at kylemore dot tv. You know our brothers, you know what wonderful charities they're playing for. But it's time to get back to brass tax and go of our answers for very fun general knowledge round.
Speaker 5: You know what, I gotta say this before we do. Yep, I gotta say if you, if you the listener, have never seen or heard of an axe a lottle, you gotta look it up. It looks like a real life Pokemon, very very very cool animals and.
Speaker 3: The guess is pronounced ohal like.
Speaker 5: No clue, but I have no idea, but they're so cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are so cute, Jackie.
Speaker 2: Can you find the phonetica where they like spell it out?
Speaker 5: I can't spell it to be in with, so no I don't think I can. I'll try just.
Speaker 2: People, ask Siri or something at home, just do that to figure out what the hell this thing is, this adorable animal that we need to keep alive and thrive. All right, let's go over your answers for a very fun and interesting general knowledge On question number one, Gary guy GaX and Dave Arnison created in Designed Dungeons and Dragons, which was first published in What year was multiple choice? Nineteen seventy four, nineteen seventy seven or nineteen eighty. Kyle, what did you choose for question number one?
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Seventy seven? Great guests, Ian, what did you put?
Speaker 4: I went with the earliest date seventy four.
Speaker 2: We have seventy seven and seventy four. The correct answer is nineteen seventy four. Nineteen seventy four. That's old school. Nineteen seventy four is when D and D first was published.
Speaker 4: That's like later than I expected. I thought it might be a little Yeah.
Speaker 2: They were probably tinkering in the late sixties or coming up with some ideas, but yeah, first published in seventy four. Question number two, who starred in the twenty twenty two action film The Woman King Ian.
Speaker 4: I had never heard of this movie, so I went with wonder woman gal Gado gal Gado?
Speaker 2: What can't she do?
Speaker 4: Kyle?
Speaker 2: What did you put for number two?
Speaker 3: I might be saying her name wrong, but I put I said Viola.
Speaker 2: Davis, Viola Davis. We have gal Gadot or gold Goduct. I learned how to say her name correctly, Yes, beautiful and Viola Davis the correct answer. The woman King was Viola Davis. So we're both off the schneid. It's one to one after two. Love it. This is where it all changes. It could all come down to the Dakotas. You never know. Question number three? What are the capital cities of both North and South Dakota?
Speaker 4: Kyle?
Speaker 2: What did you put for number three?
Speaker 6: My kid is has walked in. Come here, Calvin, what you tell me? He just did this so he better know this? What are the two capitals North Dakota?
Speaker 3: I have my answer. I got one of them, and I won't I won't cheap, but I want to see if he knows. So what you don't know either of them? You remember either of them? North Dakota, South Dakota.
Speaker 5: Hey man, I need a dewey.
Speaker 6: He had to make room. For the summer. I have just Bismarck. I forget the other one. Just Bizmarck, forgot the other one. Ian, what did you put?
Speaker 4: I came up with Decatur and Pierre.
Speaker 2: You know what, We're going to give you one point a piece, no fractions, Jackie, You're welcome.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Combine, you got them both. We have Bizmarck North Dakota and Pierre South Dakota. So Bismarck and Pierre are the capital cities of those two wonderful Dakotas for question number three? Question number four was your NFL question? Besides the Dallas Cowboys, can you name any of the three other NFL teams that have stars on their helmets or their logos? Ian? What did you come up with for number four?
Speaker 4: I think that Titans have stars and for some reason the Colts I thought his stars on or is that just holds in the horseshoe or something? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Great guesses, Kyle, do you agree or disagree? Where'd you go with your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Hey, you went with Titans as well.
Speaker 2: Actually, Titans and Titans, you're both going to get the point. Because the Tennessee Titans do have a few stars around their dagger or whatever that makes up the tea. They have like a few red stars I think around they're flaming logo. The Tennessee Titans. We also have the Houston Texans. Since they're in the lone star state, they have a star in their you know, cattle head on their helmets. And then the New England Patriots have a little star on his cap too, the Patriot. The Pats have a little star on there. So you have the Texans, the Patriots, and the Titans. But you both nailed it with the Titans. Question number five, can you name either of the current US Senators from the great state of Illinois?
Speaker 6: Kyle, I'm sorry, shy Town, I failed, but I did guess Johnson and Smith.
Speaker 5: Yes, I can't wait till you hear what the last names are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty good, Pretty good when you think about it. Johnson, Smith Ian, What did you come up with?
Speaker 4: I'd like to use my phone a friend for this one. I didn't. I didn't write a name down.
Speaker 2: Okay, tough question. You live in Illinois, you probably know them, but outside of there, it's pretty tough. We have the guy that's been there for a long time and he's like pretty high up in the Senate is Dick Durban. Dick Durban. And then I think the junior senator from Illinois is Tammy Duckworth. Tammy Duckworth, which is the veteran Tammy Duckworth. So Duckworth and Durban for number five? Question number six, what men's grooming brand had the slogan the best a man can get Men's Grooming Brander six? Ian? What did you guess for this one?
Speaker 3: Gillette?
Speaker 2: Gillette the best a man can get? Kyle? What did you put so with Gellette? So we have Gillette and Gillette. We were just talking about the New England Patriots that play at Gillette Stadium. It is Gillette, the best a man can get Gillette for number.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Gillette Stadium. You don't say that's funny?
Speaker 2: Yeap? What's that craft the guy that owns the Patriots Gillette Stadium? Yes, number seven. Luise Fitzhugh wrote about what eleven year old secret agent who jotted down the observations of her classmates and her notebook. Kyle read the spy Harriet the Spy Ian what did you put spi kids? Spy kids? Great guesses? We have Harriet the Spy and spy kids The correct answer is Harriet the spy is that eleven year old secret agent. And then finally, question number eight, goiter is an enlargement of what butterfly shaped gland in the human neck?
Speaker 4: Ian thyroid?
Speaker 2: Thyroid? Question mark Kyle, what did you put? What is?
Speaker 6: Looking for the word thyroid? But I couldn't. We don't know if that counts. But I went with the pitatory. I had that first too, and then I was thinking that's in the brain though, so I had the pituitary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the pituitary gland is a little p shaped gland. I think, yeah, it's like the base of your brain, in the middle of your brain.
Speaker 6: I wanted to say thyroid, I couldn't remember what it was.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is your thyroid is that little butterfly shaped gland right here in your neck. Great job, brothers, well done, Jackie. What the hell's going on after one round?
Speaker 5: You know, after talking about myself, I really tried hard with the scorekeeping, and I'm pretty sure sure I've got it accurate. What around the brothers are tied? It's five to five.
Speaker 2: Oh holy shit, that's how we draw it up here, five to five brother versus brother. After one holy smokes. I love it.
Speaker 4: Now it's a race.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now it's a race. It's anyone's game. As we head into round two, which as our pop culture grab Bag.
Speaker 1: Round two pop culture grab Bag.
Speaker 2: Today. In the grab bag, we're talking all about video games. These are questions all about video games that spanned over the last few decades. Here there are eight questions in the pop culture grab Bag. Here's question number one. What augmented reality mobile game was downloaded over five hundred million times by the end of twenty sixteen, the year it was launched? Again, everyone seemed to be playing this game or have it on their phones. What augmented reality mobile game was downloaded over five hundred million times by the end of twenty sixteen, the year it was launched? For Number one, why didn't we create this game guys and make a trillion dollars?
Speaker 5: I can't believe that I know any of these. The minute you said games, I was like, I'll just fiddle around.
Speaker 2: Why I'll go read a book.
Speaker 4: Keep the score correct this time? All right?
Speaker 2: Question number two? What objects does Sonic the Hedgehog collect to stay alive? What objects?
Speaker 5: Wow, I'm learning it. I might be a secret gamer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be two for two, Jackie. So again for question number two, what objects do Sonic the Hedgehog collect to stay alive? Sega? There you go for number two, all right, zooming right along to question number three of eight in your pop culture grab bag, we're talking about video games. Revolver and Redemption are the first two games in what series? I didn't know there was a precursor to Redemption? But Revolver and Redemption are the first two games in what series? For number three, Jackie is beside herself. She i'mulking this round because.
Speaker 5: I'm not looking. I do have the answers in front of me, but I'm like looking at something else, and then after I guess it, I'll look and I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm like shocked, Jackie, you're officially a video game nerd.
Speaker 3: It's okay, Yeah, I'm all cool.
Speaker 2: I love it, Okay. Question number four, let's go. Let's go a little old older school pit. Pi T is the protagonist in this classic side scrolling neys game named for the ancient Greek son of Datalus and flew a little bit too close to the Sun name that fun Nintendo game from the nees Pit. Pit is the protagonist in this classic side scrolling NS game named for the ancient Greek son of datalists that flew a little bit too close to the sun. Name that game for number four, That is old school. This is a tough ass game. A friend of mine I remember, had this game first, and we didn't have the Nintendo yet, and he brought it over and we played it and it was hard as hell.
Speaker 4: I think you can get it based on the clues alone. I don't even think you need Yeah, you got this. Think about this, all right? Question number five? What's the color of the original angry bird that splits into three identical birds when in flight? In the first round or two of angry Birds? When you play that game?
Speaker 2: What color bird? In mid flight? When you tapped on it turned into three identical birds and did some damage that way again for question number five, what's the color of the original angry bird that splits into three identical birds win in flight? When you tap it in mid flight it turns into three birds and they smash into shit? What color are they?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: All right? Question number six, I think it's the oldest school question we have in this video games round. What a Tari classic from Activision features a fortune hunter trying to avoid tarpits, scorpions, and rolling logs, among other obstacles. Game that seemingly could go on forever. For number six, what Atari Classic from Activision features a fortune hunter trying to avoid tarpits, scorpions, and rolling logs among other obstacles. I think that possibly could be the first video game I ever played. My brother got it for his eleventh birthday. And then there were two two questions left in your Video Games pop Culture grab Bag? Question number seven, what first person shooter was based on a nineteen ninety five James Bondflick? I had friends that played this for a bajillion hours. For question number seven, what first person shooter was based on a nineteen ninety five James bond Flick?
Speaker 4: I just sent Kylo screenshot last week with this. Oh nice, the kids were playing it. I was like, the kids got to learn the classics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're raising them right. I do like that. This is the seemingly in your both of your wheelhouses. This is great. I think this one's going to come down to question five. Honestly, okay, Question number eight of eight, here we go. What twenty twenty two Action role playing game was directed by Hitataka Miyazaki, with world building provided by George R. R. Martin of The Game of Thrones fame, but again for question number eight, what twenty twenty two more recent action role playing game was directed by Hitataka Miyazaki, with world building provided by George R. R. Martin in that game. Yeah, we went a little all over the place for this round, but super fun.
Speaker 3: You know it's funny?
Speaker 6: Is I write for a video game comedy company, so it's definitely in my wheelhouse and my brother often helps me when.
Speaker 3: I text about so this will be interesting.
Speaker 4: I think we've played several of these games together.
Speaker 2: Lovely.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: That's what our podcast is all about, bringing families together. Little known fact, folks, these guys have been a strange for seventeen tearful reunion.
Speaker 3: We got some shit to talk about.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, pencils down, Let's go over our answers for the pop culture grab Bag today and the grab Bag where it's all about video games? Question one of eight What Augmented Reality mobile game was downloaded a staggering five hundred million plus times by the end of twenty sixteen, the year it was launched. Ian start us off. For number one. I'm going with the Pokemon Go Pokemon Go, Kyle, what do you got y? We have Pokemon Go and we have Pokemon Go. The correct answer is poke Mon Go geez. Five hundred million plus times and less than a year.
Speaker 4: Is it still going? I wonder are there still gyms out there?
Speaker 2: It is so I think they've added to it. It started off with a number when I looked it up there. It started off with like there's one hundred and fifty pokemons that you could find, you know, out out and about. But they've added like hundreds more to keep people playing it and keep going.
Speaker 5: I teach kids and they're still playing like they're still super into it. Now there are I don't know if it's now. I never played it, so I don't know whether this existed before. But there are shiny ones and that's important, some.
Speaker 3: Old school shine.
Speaker 6: I'm willing to sell if anyone's listening, I'm selling scott.
Speaker 2: Ah Yeah, Field Trip, Jackie and I are going to download it and go find some of these shiny pokemons. Yeah. Poke men, I think is the term. That's not true? Pokemon go for number one. Question number two, what objects does Sonic the Hedgehog collect to stay alive Kyle, mushrooms.
Speaker 3: No, they're rings.
Speaker 2: They're rings, not mushrooms. They're rings. Ian, what did you put?
Speaker 4: They're not just any rings. They're golden rings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five golden rings. They are gold rings. And Sonic the Hedgehog they're rings. He's collecting those rings to stay.
Speaker 5: Alive on gloves Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Run to the right, run to the right, run through hoops. Do all the things Sonic is collecting rings for number two? Question number three? Revolver and Redemption are the first two games in what series? Ian?
Speaker 4: I'm not a hundred percent on this, but I'm gonna go with Red Dead, Red.
Speaker 2: Dead Red Dead? Kyle? What did you put?
Speaker 3: I went with Red Dead Red Dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Red Dead Revolver, which I didn't hear of, and then Red Dead Redemption blew up. So it is the Red Dead series Revolver and Redemption red Dead for number three.
Speaker 6: You know, my brother actually knows one of my friends only through playing Red Dead Redemption online with him, and that man's name is Paige Smith. Yeah, who we met through probably fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: Might be the first first LA trip I ever went on, and I met you.
Speaker 2: Yep, for sure. A huge shout out to our pal Paige Smith in Shytown right now, the one of the best dudes around. Question number four. Pitt is the protagonist in this classic side scrolling NYS game, named for the ancient Greek son of Daedalus and who flew a little bit too close to the sun. Kyle, do you remember that ANYS game would be kid Iicorus kid Icharus Ian? What did you put?
Speaker 4: Yes? It is the kid Iris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very difficult, super fun, simple game kid Icarus? Is that answer? You guys are destroying the pop culture grab bag? So fun?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: It could come down to this though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this one.
Speaker 2: Question number five, this isn't your wheel house. I had to throw a couple in here because everyone seemed to have Pokemon Go and this game downloaded on their phones. What's the color of the original angry bird that splits into three identical birds when you tapped it in flight? What's the color for number five? Ian?
Speaker 4: I'm assuming red is the basic I remember a green did something? They're black white? The splitter, I don't know, so I just went with purple purple, great gus purple splitter.
Speaker 2: Kyle, what did you put with yellow yellow, so we have yellow and we have purple. Yeah, they had a bunch. One was a boomerang, one dropped eggs. One was just a bomb that would blow up. But this one they are three bluebirds. There are three bluebirds. They're the bluebirds. They're the little ones. And when you tapped on it, it turned into three little ones. But no harm, no fall. But it was bluebirds for number five. H Question number six. What atari classic from Activision features a fortune hunter trying to avoid tarpits, scorpions, and rolling logs, among other obstacles. Kyle Fall Pitfall, Ian, what did you put?
Speaker 4: I could not get the second part. I knew it was pit and I put pit hunter. I could not remember the other part pit hunter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the correct answer is pitfall, pitfall, swinging on vines and jumping over, yeah, scorpions and snakes and avoiding the alligator's mouths and stuff. Very simple.
Speaker 3: Black a young Jack Black in a commercial for that.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right. There's a famous commercial that you could look up on YouTube and it's like a twelve year old Jack Black or something for Pitfall. It was one of the first gigs I think he ever had. But it is Pitfall for number six? Number seven what first person shooter was based on a nineteen ninety five James Bond flick Ian GoldenEye goldene Question Mark, Kyle, what did you put old and I GoldenEye and GoldenEye? The correct answer is GoldenEye double O seven. It is GoldenEye for number seven. And finally we are here question number eight of eight. We have a very close game. This has been a very close round. Here we go, question number eight. What? Twenty twenty two action role playing game was directed by Hitataka Miyazaki, with world building provided by George are Our Martin.
Speaker 6: Kyle, George or R. Martin helped with a game called elden Ring.
Speaker 2: I believe elden Ring. You believe? Ian? Do you agree? Or did you go your own way?
Speaker 4: I am also going with elden Ring.
Speaker 2: Elden Ring, and the correct answer a big game from just a couple of years ago, is elden Ring. Goddamn great job, gentleman. Jackie is feverishly carrying the one and whatnot? Jackie, how are we doing at halftime?
Speaker 5: What a game?
Speaker 4: It's tight?
Speaker 5: Still, Ian you have eleven points and Kyle, you snuck ahead with twelve ooh, it's all.
Speaker 2: It always comes down to pitfall and the Dakota's unbelievable. We have a one point game at halftime. Again, we're here with Kyle Moore, he's playing for Mota dot O RG or m O t E dot O RG. And we're here with Ian Moore, his brother, and he's playing for the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Holy smokes, we have a one point game as we enter the dastardly and sometimes insidious lightning.
Speaker 3: Round Round three.
Speaker 2: The lightning round is the third or four rounds between you two brothers. Ian, you are trailing right now, so you get to go first. Let me get my stopwatch ready. Here, you can choose from these three headings. Again, these headings have nothing to do with the question nor the answers, But I thought I would choose three of my favorite names for bands today. You could choose either the Butthole Surfers, Bikini Kill or the Dead Milkmen, the.
Speaker 4: Artist of Pepper song. I love the butthole Surfers.
Speaker 2: Yes, butthole Surfers. All right, So I'm gonna say this question twice. I'm gonna say go, I'm gonna hit my button. You're gonna have twenty seconds to give me as many answers as possible. Kyle, jot some answers down, because I'm coming straight to you with your five second buttle to see if you could steal some from Ian after his twenty seconds are up. So, Ian, here is your whole Surfers Lightning Round question. I want to know the top nine highest grossing films for Samuel L. Jackson. He's been in a ton of huge budgeted films that made a lot of money. So the top nine highest grossing films for Samuel L. Jackson. Twenty seconds on the Clock and.
Speaker 4: Go Pulp Piction, Snake's on a Plane, some of the Avengers films. I don't know if he was in. Which one's.
Speaker 3: He didn't do?
Speaker 4: Ink? Did he do a baseball or sports one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: The one of Leo Django Stop stop.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you one. You weren't specific, but you said the Avengers, So I'm gonna give you the Avengers because that was number three on the list. Okay, he was in the Avengers, so you're definitely gonna get one, Kylie.
Speaker 5: Bunch of movies that he's in, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did.
Speaker 5: He's in so many super high grossing movies.
Speaker 2: Mag's on a Plane. You should get a point for just mentioning that one. Kyle, your chance to steal some. There's still a bunch on the board. Top nine highest grossing films of Samuel L. Jackson, five Second Rebuttal and Go In You War, Endgame, Glass, Iron Man Stop. You got two of them. You got Endgame in Infinity War. Those are the top three you guys named the top three in his incredible career. But Avengers, Endgame, Avengers, Infinity War and The Avengers are the top three in his storied career. The ones we didn't get to number four right there, Age of Ultron, so his top four all those number five, Spider Man, Far from Home. He was in that Captain Marvel. Number seven. I thought one of you guys would say, Jurassic Welcome to Jurassic Park. He was in that one.
Speaker 5: You forget that he's in that show.
Speaker 2: You kinda do. And then he played Mace Windu in some of the Star Wars movies, the prequel, So those are those finished the list, uh Star Wars episode one, The Phantom Menace, in Star Wars episode three, Revenge of the Sith, so like between the Avengers and Star Wars. That's most like Sam you Yeah, yeah, but you guys got you guys got the top three. So great job on the butthole Surfers Lightning round question. Well done. All right, Kyle, it's your turn in the barrel. You could either choose bikini kill or the Dead Milkmen for your question. Keenie kill bikini kill. All right, here's your bikini kill question. I'm gonna say it twice. I'm gonna say go. You're gonna have twenty seconds to give me as many answers as possible. Ian jopped some answers down because I'm coming straight to you with your five second rebuttal. All right, here we.
Speaker 4: Go, Kyle.
Speaker 2: I want to know the nine Peanuts characters that have appeared in the most Peanut Nuts comic strips. The top nine Peanuts characters that have appeared in the most Peanuts comic strips. Twenty seconds on the clock and go.
Speaker 6: Charlie Brown, woodstock Snoopy, uh Lucy, Peppermint, Patty Pig Pen, Uh Lionel and uh piano boy uh man.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that probably.
Speaker 2: Stop. You did great. What a what a start you You came out guns blaze and you got five of them. You got Charlie brown Snoopy, Lucy, Peppermint, Patty, and Woodstock. So you got five of the nine. Great job. There's still four on the list. Your five second rebuttal Ian, the nine Peanuts characters that appeared in the most comic strips. Five second rebuttal and.
Speaker 4: Go Lionus, mom, teacher Lesbian.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, Kyle said, Lionel, which is very close with his security blanket Linus. So yeah, so Ian steals one right there. The ones we didn't get to. I think it's Charlie's younger sister, Sally, the blonde. I think Sally is number five. Marcy, who is close. I almost want to give you a point, but was like Peppermint Patty's right hand woman was Marcie with the glasses. And then Kyle mentioned piano. Who is Schroeder. Schroeder, Yeah, the piano man. But you guys did fucking fantastic in the bikini kill question, Jackie, how are we doing after this lightning round?
Speaker 5: After a crazy lightning round? Now the score, now the score has gotten a little less tight. But the next round is a double dooty radcliff, so the is still anywhere could go anywhere. Ian, You're at thirteen right now, and Kyle, you jumped quite ahead. You now have nineteen points.
Speaker 4: Holy cow, he nuts.
Speaker 6: It's important that I invited my brother on this because my whole life he was the smart one. I was the dumb skateboard never gonna do nothing with his life after and look at us now, look at us now.
Speaker 2: Kyle just texted me that, Yeah, Kyle just texted me that he wants to end the game right now. We can't do that, We can't allow it to happen. So here we are. It is nineteen to thirteen after three as we enter our fourth and final round between you two brosifs.
Speaker 1: Round four the Double Duty.
Speaker 2: It is the Theodore Double Duty Radcliffe round. We call it the Double Duty because points are doubled and there are nine questions in this round, so there are eight team very important points up for grabs, and today we're doing one of our fan favorite rounds. It is a be four and after Now how does that work? Some might ask? So here's an example. If I gave the question miss Parton's Pigeon Forge Tennessee Amusement Park into the twenty eighth president of these here United States, The correct answer would be Dolly Wood Drow Wilson, Dollywood Woodrow Wilson. The little wood is the thing that connects those two things. So that's our before and after. So there's gonna be kind of two clues per question, So if you figure out one of the two, you have a good shot of figuring out what I'm going for here in this before and after round? Does everyone feel good?
Speaker 5: Mike?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Here's question number one of nine in our before and after And I need I need a little leeway on this one. Sometimes I kind of I need a little way and a little love, but this one was too good to pass up, So give me, give me some space on this one. Hailey Welch is enjoying her fifteen minutes of fame known as what girl for spitting on that thing? God into the QB for the Miami Dolphins to just got a huge contract extension. So for question number one, Hailee Welch is enjoying her fifteen minutes of fame known as what girl for spitting on that thing? She's throwing out first pitches at ballgames and on podcasts and doing all the things into the starting quarterback for the Miami Dolphins that just got a huge contract extension for her number one of year before and After.
Speaker 6: The answer A bet A great final fantasy football team name, by the way, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: I think you're going to see that all over fantasy football leagues this year, for sure.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Here is question number two Year before and After movie where Dirk Diggler and Chest Rockwell show us there all into the moody blues tune with the chorus and I love you, Yes, I love you, Oh how I love you. I'll do that again for question number two, movie where Dirk Diggler and Chest Rockwell show us they're all into the moody blues tune with the chorus and I love you, Yes, I love you, Oh How I Love you for question number two. Question number three facial hair that is a full straight mustache, extending from under the nose, past the corners of the mouth and growing downward past the clean shaven lips and chin into two tapered tendrils, often extending past the jawline into the fried dough in Spanish or Portuguese cuisine. I repeat that one more time for question number three. Facial hair that is a full straight mustache, extending from under the nose, past the corners of the mouth, and growing downward past the clean shaven lips and chin into two tapered tendrils, often extending past the jawline into the fried dough in Spanish or Portuguese cuisine delicious, all right. Number four might be my favorite one of the bunch. Kamala Harris's hubby into the film where three office drones beat the living shit out of a pain in the ass printer For question number four, Kamala Harris's hubby or spouse into the film where three office drones beat the living shit out of a pain in the ass printer.
Speaker 3: Stuff.
Speaker 2: This is not easy, but if you can figure out one might help you with the other part. All right. Question number five of nine goes like this. The toy brand that gets its name from the Danish phrase play well into the Fleetwood Mac classic that starts loving you isn't the right thing to do? Loving you isn't the right thing to do? So again, question number five. The toy brand that gets its name from the Danish phrase play well into the Fleetwood Mac classic that starts loving you isn't the right thing to do?
Speaker 4: These are not easy, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Know it makes you want to sing the rest of the song. Question number six, Here we go Montgomery Bus Boycott Hero into the NBC sitcom that gave us Little Sebastian, the band mouse Rat and the catchphrase treat Joe self. Question number six Montgomery Bus Boycott Hero into the NBC sitcom that gave us Little Sebastian, the Miniature Horse, the band mouse Rat, and the catchphrase treach yourself. Holy cow, it's getting so quiet. It's coming down to these last few questions. Brother versus brother all right? Number seven inside Lewyn Davis and Moonnight actor into the author of the seventeenth century book Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy. Fuck you, thank you, I deserve that. Ken for question number seven inside Lewyn Davis and Moonnight actor.
Speaker 5: Do you know what? Then I look at the answer and I'm like, okay, I take it back.
Speaker 2: No, I like you fuck us, fuck us really yeah again? Question number seven inside Lewin Davis and Moonnight Actor into the author of the seventeenth century book Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy for numero.
Speaker 3: And I believe I can't remember this dude's name.
Speaker 2: That one's going to pop into your head. It's gonna pop in your head.
Speaker 3: Act I mean, I know, I mean the actor. Yeah, I know that, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, getting old, Getting old sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's it.
Speaker 2: It is Calvin.
Speaker 5: His son couldn't remember the.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just genetic now, Jackie, he's very young, We're all very young, young at heart. All right, here we go question eight of nine in the double duty Radcliffe round today, it's a before and after round. Question eight. Is this TV's talking horse into Alberta's five time Stanley Cup champions? So again for question number eight, TV's talking horse into the Province of Alberta's five time Stanley Cup champions. All right, it could all come down to this question number nine, and I screwed up. So Jackie on the spot came up with this one. I think it's wonderful. This is question number nine. Thank you movie starring Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz into where Garth Brooks Has friends for question number nine. Again, tip of the huge tip of the cap for Jackie jumping here and adding one question number nine. Movies starring Johnny Depp and Penelope cruise into where Garth Brooks has friends. I love it. I love it, and I think, Jackie, next time we do this round, I want you to come up with this.
Speaker 5: I can help you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. I think you would be really great at this alenge. Deep breath. All right, here we go. Pencils down, let's go over our answers. This fourth and final round it's the Theodore Double Duty Radcliffe round and it was a before and after round. Question number one of nine was Hailey Welch is enjoying her fifteen minutes of fame known as what Girl for spitting on that thing into the starting quarterback for the Miami Dolphins that just got a huge contract extension. I needed a little leeway on this one, Kyle. What did you get for number one?
Speaker 6: Yeah, some leeway on this last name, but I got Hawk tua il Lula's.
Speaker 2: Ah. Yes, Judges, they're nodding their heads. Yes, uh Ian, what did you get?
Speaker 4: I don't think I spelled it correctly, but I went with hawk tua Tulia.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be very generous. I'm gonna give it to you guys. You guys were right all right on that. The correct answer is hawk Tua tug of Ioloa, Hawk Tua tug of Ioloa. So we got Tua tug of Ioloa and the hawk Tua girl. It's our first before and after there is an h in his name. So I needed a little like wink wink, nudge, nudge, you know what I mean. But you guys nailed it. Oh, hawk Tua tug of Ioloa for number one question. Number two movie where Dirk Diggler and Chest Rockwell show us they're all into the moody blues tune with the chorus and I love you, Yes, I love you, Oh how I love you Kyle.
Speaker 3: The love Boogie Nights.
Speaker 4: Ah Ian, what did you put Boogie Knights and Days?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you guys nailed the movie. But I can't give it to you because what I was going for is Boogie Knights in White Satin. Boogie Knights in White Satin.
Speaker 5: Was part of this. It's a movie, I mean, it's a song.
Speaker 2: It's a moody blues classic, Knights in White Satin. It's a downer of a song. It's very like its log rock seventies downer of a song. But I had to give some gen X or you know, boomers some questions here too. So I was going for boogie knights in white satin, so no harm, no foul.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Question number three. The facial hair is a full straight mustache with the long tendrils that go past the jaw line into the delicious fried dough in Spanish or Portuguese cuisine. Ian, would you got?
Speaker 4: I could not get past the splitting, and I ended up on forked beard. And I don't think I could get beard into dough.
Speaker 5: I love that. I love beard.
Speaker 2: I love it. Kyle, did you did you give me what I was putting down here?
Speaker 3: You mean the front? I don't know the ditch. So I went with fu man chewy bread.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know what you're getting. You're getting one. I'll give you one point for that. I'll give you one point for that. What I was going for is a fu manchuro, a fu manchuro a cho a fu manchu ro churo churo fu manchuro for number three? All right, number four? I think these are two big points for Ian. He needs this one big time. Kamala Harris's Hubby into the film where three office drones beat the living ship out of a pain in the ass printer Kyle, what did you get.
Speaker 3: Doug office space?
Speaker 2: Ah? Oh, great, guess Ian, what did you put Samuel office space? Oh, Samuel office space or Doug off of space. We needed his last name to get the points. But it is Doug. It is a Doug name. It is Doug m Hoff as space. Doug m hoffa space that deserves a Splooshe His name is Doug m Hoff Kamala's worse half. But yeah, Doug m hoffas space.
Speaker 5: We still love him. We still love dog.
Speaker 3: He's great.
Speaker 2: His speech at the DNC was one of my faves. He was incredible. Question number five, the toy brand that gets its name from the Danish phrase play well into the Fleetwood Mac classic that starts loving you isn't the right thing to do? Ian, what did you get?
Speaker 4: Wait, don't go.
Speaker 2: Play he don't go love it?
Speaker 4: Kyle?
Speaker 2: What did you put can Lego? You are the own way, Lego your own way. So we got play dough and Lego. The correct answer is lago your own way Lego.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like the phrase yeah for play well is they they shorten it, they take a couple letters out, but it means yeah, play well in Danish is how we get Lego. I didn't know that question. Number six Montgomery Bus Boycott Hero into the NBC sitcom that gave us Little Sebastian, the band Mouse Rat and the catchphrase treat Joe self. Kyle, I be ROSA parks and rec ROSA parks and rec Ian, what did you put?
Speaker 4: Also rosa parks and wreck.
Speaker 2: That is the correct answer, Rosa parks and recreation or Rosa parks and rec for number six. Number seven inside Lewin Davis and Moonnight, actor into the author of the seventeenth century book Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy.
Speaker 4: Ian, I'm guessing on this first name, and probably the second one. Samuel de Kart.
Speaker 2: Samuel de Kart, Kyle, what did you put?
Speaker 3: No said, I couldn't get Frickin' Mark Rufflo out of my head.
Speaker 2: Get out of here, Ruffalo. What I was going for is the He's excellent. He's an excellent actor. Oscar Isaac Newton. Oscar Isaac Newton is what I was going for for Number seven, No harm, no foul. Number eight TV's Talking Horse into the Province of Alberta's five five time Stanley Cup champions. Kyle Mister Edmonton, Mister edmonton Ian.
Speaker 4: What did you put I had, mister Edmond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could add the oilers if you want. If you're nasty, it is the mister Edmonton oilers for number eight. Two big points apiece. And then finally Jackie Gonzales de Ruthie came in and rescued me because I screwed up this round, and she added the ninth question, which is excellent movie starring Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruise into where Garth Brooks has friends. For this one, we'll start with Ian get low places, Get low Places? Kyle? Do you agree with that it? Did you go your own way?
Speaker 3: Now? I just it just popped in my head after you said that.
Speaker 6: I know that it's blow places, but that is amazing, But no, I wrote, I couldn't think of that, so I wrote bungalow.
Speaker 2: Places, bungalow places. You couldn't get bung hole out of your head. I guess mark ruffalo and bungholes out of your head.
Speaker 3: But you are correct.
Speaker 2: Jackie was going for below places for number nine. That answer deserves a huzzah. Holy smokes, Jackie, who is the smartest person in the world for one week? This week?
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 5: Alright, alright, here we go. What a game.
Speaker 2: This game.
Speaker 5: This game had a lot of twists and turns. Ian, you ended strong with the nineteen points. Kyle, you ended up kicking your Ivy League brothers ass with twenty eight points.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight to nineteen. Kyle Moore, you are, in fact the smartest person in the world world for one week. Unbelievable. Well, the eight game fellas Kyle our champ. You can follow him on social media at kylemore dot tv. We're happy to make a donation in his name to m ote mote dot org to save those wonderful animals. And then, if you haven't seen it or watch it again, watch Beverly Hills cop axel f on the Netflix. And then Ian Moore, we're happy to make a donation in your name to Children's Hospital of Phildelphia Gents. That was a great game, but it's not over. I forgot to mention we have a little thing called the Final Throwdown.
Speaker 1: From the Final Throwdown.
Speaker 2: This is where Jackie comes back in with a one off question and then the three of us can kind of discuss possible answers and then we'll hopefully learn a little something something about this question and its answers. So, Jackie, what do you got for us today?
Speaker 5: You know, I I just learned some really fun a really fun fact about because why wouldn't I learn about Shrek right now?
Speaker 3: So that's at.
Speaker 5: Your trivia question. Is this which I also rewatched recently, and gosh, it's good. Jeffrey Katzenberg contracted a group of Sarah Lawrence alumni called the propeller Heads, who were experimenting with computer animation technology to develop the animation for Shrek, which was the first time that we saw that three D animation. There is a very famous director, producer, you know, but director we know him most is a part of the propeller Heads. And I want you guys to guess who the hell this person happened to have come up been like one of the people that came up with the technology for the animation of Shrek. It's gonna blow your mind. It blew my mind.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: None of you know this about me, so this isn't a huge clue, but I'm very obsessed with this person. Oh shit, I think he's my favorite director, oh my creator.
Speaker 2: So Shrek came out around win fellas. When do you think that, like the first one came out two thousand, Yeah, like early two thousands.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I heard that they were not very treated well and that as they were doing the project, they pretty much the studio was just like didn't pay attention to them. They were basically doing it as a joke. Weren't even going to finish the project, and they ended up making Shrek like it, but it came out more of like a labor of love, even though they had no support from it. That's why they just threw all these jokes, very casual, put it together, no serious oversight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. I do know that that Farley was supposed to play Shrek originally, and he pretty much had courted almost all of it, or he did record all of it, and then he tragically passed away, and then Mike Myers came in and re recorded like all of it. It's like, God, that would have been a different franchise as well. Great great franchise, but yeah, two totally different takes.
Speaker 4: I think. To understand the answer to this question is we have to understand Jackie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, director she loves I was so I.
Speaker 5: Mean, and I'm going to repeat like director creator, Like, I think I love him more for the things that he's created.
Speaker 3: I like, was Tim Burton sir was me?
Speaker 2: That's interesting because I feel like that's wild if he was part of the propeller Heads, because he was he was, you know, doing stuff for like Disney and stuff in like the mid nineteen eighties. So yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 6: Well because yeah, because Batman he would have been Yeah, because he would have been Yeah, he would have been old hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did. You know, Peebe's Big Adventure was his first film that Tim Burton directed, that was like nineteen eighty seven. Yeah, but maybe it's a bunch of people from that era that we're working on this or something. But it could it be like who else does Jackie like? Does she like a Wes Anderson? Does she like a Spike Jones?
Speaker 5: Does she like a You're never gonna get there, because it just like you're never gonna think that this person had to do with Shred?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so what ditt Yeah, Yeah, I'm stumped.
Speaker 3: Very interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this person has Okay, I will be more specific. This person has created, I mean, has directed a lot of awesome movies, has created a very iconic television and nothing that he's worked on involves like animation like this, and it's not children's stuff like it. It's crazy, it's not green. H No, it's but I don't know how you're going to get there because honestly it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: It's okay if we don't. Like again, like I I have nothing. So I'm just trying to think of anybody that's even in this world that does this stuff. I got nothing. Do you guys have a guess?
Speaker 4: You know some twenty ten's who was peaking in the twenty ten teens directors and TV them create creatively.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna guess Lena Dunham, even though you said it was a man, I got nothing. I think Jack, I think you just need to like I did, and we were gonna get our minds blown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this one, this is less a question of like can you know the answer, and more of like when you low the answer, you're gonna be so weird it out. JJ Abrams, Wow, what the fuck? In nineteen ninety four, JJ Abrams was a part of this three person group just a developing computer animation.
Speaker 2: Wild that's awesome, Like, what hasn't he done? And I've heard that he done. But I've also heard that like him and his wife are like super awesome and super cool people as well, so fantastic. J J Abrams. Yeah, part of the Shrek universe.
Speaker 5: Part of the Shrek universe.
Speaker 2: And Star Trek and this and that.
Speaker 5: What hasn't he done Shrek now too?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty awesome. That was a good That was a good one. Now I'll never forget.
Speaker 5: It's a very fun fact.
Speaker 2: Yes, Moore's brothers, thanks for being on our show. That's our show, continued success and I have a have a great rest of your twenty twenty four Thank you, Thank.
Speaker 4: You so much for the rematch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see you next week for another episode of You Should Know Better.
Speaker 2: I want to help out the podcast. Please subscribe to You Should Know Better. Wherever you listen to podcasts, Radar Show and Ride a review you can. It really helps get the word out to the Massons. We thank you, and for some daily trivia action, check us out on TikTok and Instagram Until next week. Take care of yourselves and each other. We're all in this together. And in the immortal words of Harry Carey.
Speaker 3: So long everybody.
Speaker 2: You Should Know Better? As produced by Jackie Gonzalez de Ruthie and myself Mike C. Nelson. Edited by Nick Wright, All music created by mister Kevin Shema, voiceover talent Natalia Castelianos, and graphic design by Jason Caldera and Calderico