Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Was there an accident that I didn't know exactly?
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, you ate We all age, but when you don't see people for a while, it's it's it's a little jarring. But I just saw Michael Kroger for the first time.
Speaker 3: And forever, my god, and you looked at your watch to make sure it wasn't are you putting.
Speaker 2: On your face?
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 2: Keels is great.
Speaker 1: It's a great brand.
Speaker 2: I'll get you. I've seen that brand.
Speaker 3: You also provided me with beef tallow that that was worked for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Okay, because you stopped using it. I'm not going to start you on a skincare regimen if you're not going.
Speaker 2: To commit, well, okay, if you prom take more.
Speaker 1: Than two days to see results, obviously, what.
Speaker 2: Else is going on? What's happening? And what's happening is brought to you by Trajan Wealth.
Speaker 3: Trajan Wealth will help you set and achieve your financial goals for retirement.
Speaker 1: Your local trust in financial finuciary. Trajanwealth dot Com.
Speaker 3: The biggest update, of course, is what's going on in the Middle East. Seven Israelis have been wounded, according to the Jerusalem Posts, and explosions have been heard throughout Israel as Iran has fired missile barrages at Israel. Sirens have sounded across the capital of Jerusalem and in Tel Aviv. This after the Israeli Defense Force airstrikes and missile strikes killed not just the Air force top brass for Iran, Iran's military chief, the Republican Guard Chief, several nuclear scientists in Iran and decapitated basically their nuclear program by hitting several of their nuclear enrichment sites.
Speaker 1: Huge news in the Karen Reid murder retrial in Massachusetts. There he is now deliberating. Judge gave each side to make its one hour fifteen minutes closing arguments today. Defense, of course, as Reed is being framed by police for the death of her cop boyfriend John O'Keefe. She, the prosecutors say, hit him with her car after a fight, left him to die in a snowstorm. Back in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Consumer sentiment increased in June for the first time in six months. Latest signed that Americans views of the economy have improved, inflation has stayed tame. The Trump administration has been at least working towards a truce in the trade fight with China that was announced a little bit earlier this week, and it feels like it was a month ago.
Speaker 1: Former NFL wide receiver Antonio Brown wanted on attempted murder charges. This is connected to a celebrity boxing event in Miami last month. Apparently he was involved in a fight with several people and allegedly stole a security guard's firearm.
Speaker 2: Shots were fired.
Speaker 1: He is shown in video, hands behind his back being escorted from the venue by an officer. So now I guess the charges come. We'll see how Antonio Brown surfaces. The last time he surfaced, he was telling Gavin Newsom on Twitter that he has had sex with his wife. I believe that happened earlier this week. We're in a world of crazy when it comes to what surfaces on Twitter or X and I believe that was one of the things.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine, Let's let's go back to oh, I don't know, let's go back to the late eighties. If and I don't mean to impugne the names of these men other than to.
Speaker 2: Say that they're high profile people.
Speaker 3: Gonna use Jerry Rice, aren't you? No, I was not gonna use Jerry Rice. I was gonna say Walter Payton. What if Walter Peyton, it's probably come out and said I had sex with Pete Wilson's wife.
Speaker 2: But Walter Payton was never that guy. I know. Antonio Brown was that guy.
Speaker 1: You got to pick a bad boy that was an active player back in the late eighties. You gotta pay Taylor, you got it. Lawrence Taylor is a great one. Yeah he had some fun. Or Michael Irvin is another one. You know if he one of those went on on the morning news show and said I had sex which was your old version of X and said I had sex Pete Wilson's wife. Who was Pete Wilson's.
Speaker 2: Wife, missus Wilson? Remember? Was she a hot little dish? I don't I actually don't remember.
Speaker 1: Is Pete Wilson still with us he's ninety one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow, but I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Gail. Gail was her name, and she was a dish, hot little number.
Speaker 2: Why do you say? Was she older lady? Can't still be a.
Speaker 1: I am sorry? I thought she was no longer with us. She is still with us. She is eighty two.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: I had a well look at her, I mean, look at Gail. That's a picture of her a little older, but that's.
Speaker 2: The age from that you know that guy? Well, now, what were you saying? I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: She was the first lady in the state of California in the eighties and is just about the same age as our current president and younger than the previous president. Yeah, that's how old these people are now. Guys, gotta stop doing that quick note. A collection of ancient Roman coins amassed by a former Latin teacher in Connecticut was auctioned off at over a million dollars this week.
Speaker 2: Carol Ross was her name.
Speaker 3: Interested in ancient Roman currency and history, collected over one hundred and thirty of these coins. Fascinating rare pieces detailed lifelike portraits of Marcus Junius Brutus, likely the most well known of Julius Caesar's assassins.
Speaker 1: Man, did you think you'd wake up this morning and talk about Pete Wilson and his wife Gail? Me neither.
Speaker 3: That's why we keep that wild card open in the middle of the Bay car This show will always shock you.
Speaker 1: It'll shock you with late eighties California political reference.
Speaker 3: Don't forget our Disneyland giveaway is coming up in a little bit the Disneyland Resorts seventieth celebration. It's not a celebration without you. All the sights and laughter and fun and everyone is excited. And KFI is going to give you a chance to win a family four pack of one day, one park tickets to Disneyland Park or Disney's California Adventure Park and join the limited time event. We will tell you how coming up a little bit later in the show.
Speaker 1: Would we come back. We've got our entertainment report to get your right and ready for the weekend. It involves dragons, it involves a rom com and who wants more space Balls?
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Air raid sirens have sounded across Israel during an Iranian missile attack on the country. Several explosions could be heard throughout Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, Israel. TV stations have shown clues of smoke rising from different different areas. Looks like apartment buildings may have been struck there. In Tel Aviv. The Army has ordered people across Israel to move into bomb shelters. The Army said dozens of missiles were launched, and Iran says they have several more barrages of missiles still to shoot at Israel.
Speaker 1: Coming up at two o'clock, Chief Jim McDonald, of course, LAPD Chief Jim McDonald and the Ellie County Sheriff Robert Luna and the head of the CHP Deputy Commissioner will be holding a joint news conference and talk about their plans law enforcement prep as we head into this weekend. We've got the Army slash Trump Birthday celebration in DC, the No Kings protests planned at various cities across the country. So they have been making plans on how they would respond to any sort of unrest over the weekend, and they will have an update that I imagine we will have details on here at KFI at two pm.
Speaker 3: Heather Brooker joins us on Fridays, most commonly to talk about stuff that's going on in entertainment. Yeah, just like we talked about Lelo and Stitch a couple of weeks ago, where they are remaking a show, a live action show based on an animated show, The How to Train Your Dragon people have come out in force with this new live action which looks spectacular.
Speaker 2: It really is. It's a beautifully done movie.
Speaker 6: And honestly, they have spent the last fifteen years, you know, basically working on it.
Speaker 2: They really started a couple of years ago.
Speaker 6: But the original How to Turn Your Dragon came out in twenty ten and it was a success. I mean a lot of people really enjoyed that movie, and I guess the director thought, I want to make a live action version of this. So he's got Gerard Butler back, who is playing the dad in it, and it is. It's a really well done movie. The effects are great, the story is great. I wouldn't say it's a shot for shot remake of the animated but it's definitely very close.
Speaker 3: Gerard Butler thankfully plays the guy that he voiced in the original.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is good. That's good for them.
Speaker 6: Apparently they had to kind of convince him. They brought him out, says they brought the director brought him out to Belfast and showed him the set and showed him the vision and they were like, this is what we want to do. And then he was like, all right, I see it, I'm in, and he doesn't. He's probably one of the best parts of the movie. He's really great in this film.
Speaker 1: Is it the same movie except just okay, same story, same everything.
Speaker 2: Toothless is there? You know.
Speaker 6: It's about finding your people, helping people who may be a little different, you know, and and that sort of thing, not judging a book by its cover, that sort of messaging. All still there. It's just a beautifully done movie, great for families, all ages. It's getting it's really well received.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I saw a trailer and I've seen some promotions for The Materialists, which is to me a classic movie that I will consume as soon as I can because I love a rom com.
Speaker 6: This is a rom com you're definitely going to love. I mean, listen, this is do you pick the hot rich guy or do you pick the hot not rich guy. What a tough decision for Dakota Johnson in this movie. This is a return to the classic rom coms that we love. It's very beautifully done. It's an a twenty four film, beautifully shot, really funny, charming, Dakota, Dakota Fanning, Pedro Pascal Chris Evans all infinitely watchable in this movie.
Speaker 2: So wait, what is this face? Gary?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not for him and it needs exactly no.
Speaker 2: But it's funny.
Speaker 1: And the thing is is you I think you do like rom com you just don't like to think you do. Gary just was like, no, my husband loves rom coms.
Speaker 2: But he's a better man than I.
Speaker 1: It's a good man, you know. He likes the cute stuff.
Speaker 2: But this is a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of men really do like rom coms, they just don't like to pretend they do.
Speaker 2: Too often the dudes look like morons in.
Speaker 6: But this one's got Pedro, Pascal and Chris Evans and they're not. And it's actually it's got a little bit of heart behind it. It's really good story. It's an original story. We're always saying we want some original stories at the box office and we need more like lighthearted stuff. It's either it feels like it's either like Avengers type, you know, End of the World kind of movies, or like horror, and this is a nice in between. And it's got a huge cast, and I think people really be surprised. It's really good.
Speaker 1: Even the formulaic matchmaker making matches for other people, accident makes a match for herself.
Speaker 2: She has to decide they're.
Speaker 1: All formulaic though, I mean everyone tom Is. You get to be twenty years old, you realize that all of them are. The story is told over and over the same way.
Speaker 6: If you watch it, because we did a story and we like that exactly anymore.
Speaker 1: And this is definitely one that people are gonna enjoy. I think Spaceballs. What's going on with Spaceballs?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, they're remaking space Balls? You guys.
Speaker 6: Amazon and MGM maghn MGM Studios. They have given the green light to a new Spaceballs in twenty twenty seven. It's going to come out and Bill Pullman is in it, and of course he played the Han solo esque character, you know, and mel Brooks is going to be returning.
Speaker 3: We better get this thing under production. Mel Brooks is ninety six.
Speaker 2: No, why did that happen yet? In there? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna start acting, so we need to front load those mel Brooks scenes.
Speaker 2: Get those shot immediately.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't know what's going to happen. Well, they're also hoping that, you know, his son will be in it. And what's funny to me is like Bill Pullman apparently for years try to distance himself from Spaceballs. And I was like when I read that, like what, this movie is amazing, It's so stupid, so funny, people still quote it to this day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he did Independence Day and realize, you know what, I can.
Speaker 2: I can do the dumb ones every once.
Speaker 6: So let me just take that check and go home. But yeah, but they're remaking Spaceballs. I for one am really excited. I hope they can still capture the absolute lunacy that was the original Spaceball.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's kind of it's like Star Wars but innuendo jokes yea. And bathroom humor, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cold.
Speaker 6: Literally you at Bar remember as Bart dress up as Bar for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Look at me, it's like a big lady. I can be Bar. I just like don't understand, I mean, I do. I get the desire to remake things. It's just for me, like Spaceballs, and maybe just because like you know, you see something growing up and it should always exist exactly that way. But you know, I understand that you want it remade for different generations and for new generations to appreciate that type of vibe and that humor, and it's.
Speaker 6: Totally a cash grab, you guys, yet that's what all.
Speaker 2: Of it is.
Speaker 3: I do love the idea of Bill Pullman's son Lewis being involved.
Speaker 2: He's great.
Speaker 6: I just played Bob in Thunderbolts, so so people will be familiar with him.
Speaker 2: Also from lessons in Chemistry. He was a great character. Yeah, nominated, yes, yeah, read actor.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to be just again leaning into that nostalgia that we all loved for the original. People are going to take their kids to go see it and try to see how many inappropriate mel Brooks type jokes can be made.
Speaker 2: All of them all he's been saving.
Speaker 1: Up and then really quickly, it's Friday thirteenth. Guys, are you going to watch the movie tonight? Are you going to sit go home and put you.
Speaker 2: Get your horror on?
Speaker 1: I never really got to where are you from?
Speaker 2: You're saying that funny? What do you mean we horror? Oh? I just said it dramatically. Horror. Okay, oh, the horror.
Speaker 6: I can't say where I'm from because some lady called one time. It was like drink every time. Heather Brooker says she's from Oklahoma, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, I had no idea you were from Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, how rude.
Speaker 1: Now, Michael Monks I get he brings up the Kentucky thing.
Speaker 2: All the freaks into it.
Speaker 1: My god, that's where he song Kentucky.
Speaker 2: You guys, come see my show Friday tonight. Oh yes, yeah, come see my show. Where is it? I'm at the Comedy Chateau just Oklahoma pronunciation.
Speaker 6: Comedy Chateau in North Hollywood. I'm going to be there tonight, seven thirty is the show. You can use the code Heather Brooker, and I'll give you some free too.
Speaker 1: This is stand up stand up comedy. Do you get real dirty when you do it?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: Sometimes I can be careful because I have a real job. Now I'm not just like a free wheeling you know.
Speaker 2: Look around.
Speaker 1: This whole place is crawling with degenerate, profane people.
Speaker 6: Last time I did show, I told you somebody came in and was like walked.
Speaker 2: Careful women are rarely rewarded. That's true. That's the good point. That's my power to the women.
Speaker 6: And then a direct to look at Shannon when he says that, yeah, well, I'm not rewarded Monday through Friday kind of one?
Speaker 2: Is it because you're careful? What careather? Thank you, Thank you, guys, you're the best.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Disneyland Resorts seventieth celebration and we want to give you a chance to win that family four pack of one day one park tickets to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure offering subjects to change restrictions.
Speaker 2: Striction is a change that I've noticed.
Speaker 3: But caller number six at eight hundred five to zero, one five three four is going to pick up that four pack of one day one park tickets. The family four pack one day one park tickets eight hundred five to zero one five three four, eight hundred five to a one KFI caller number six, it's going to pick up those taps.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: On this Friday. It is June thirteenth.
Speaker 1: I should just throw songs from nineteen seventy six on the old car radio for you and my wife's road trip.
Speaker 2: Not an awful idea. I know it's not as feel good, feel good year.
Speaker 3: The Pentagon now says the US military is helping intercept missiles that Iran has fired in retaliation at Israel. US has been moving assets nearer to Israel in an attempt to assist in missile intercepts and to provide better protection for US bases that are throughout this region. The official talking to the AP did not say how we have provided assistance, but both US Air Force fighter aircraft and destroyer based missile defenses have interst intercepted missiles before, so that is what we know. The air raid sirens continue throughout Israel as Iran continues to launch They said, many dozen and potentially a few hundred missiles towards Israel in retaliation for overnight strikes that hit over two hundred locations in Iran.
Speaker 1: Do we still do what you learned on the Gary and Shannon Show?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Do we still do it?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: I just don't hear us talking about it anymore. We don't seem to ask people what they learned throughout the day. But they still let us know. Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, it is accurate.
Speaker 1: You're like, yes. They let us know pretty much all of the thoughts.
Speaker 2: They do not hold back what it now, the thoughts that they have about this show.
Speaker 1: They do not, And I feel sorry for you, and I appreciate you, especially in weeks like this week, that you you go through all the death threats and all the profanity and all the hate, and you shield me from all of it. And I appreciate that because I know it is vast, and I know it.
Speaker 2: Is play a few. I just need to keep you grounded. Oh I'm grounded.
Speaker 3: Well, there's so much that goes on. We try to keep it entertaining and entertainment.
Speaker 2: Inform me.
Speaker 1: Informative.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Hi, Gary, Hi Shannon. What I learned this week is that Shannon has ball envy.
Speaker 6: She must have said the word balls this week.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking more than that anyway, have a great weekend, have your Father's day carey.
Speaker 1: I love you guys. You get me through the day.
Speaker 2: Thank you, No, thank you.
Speaker 1: I talk about balls all the time, all the time.
Speaker 2: Good morning Gary, Good morning, Shennon. What did I learn today?
Speaker 9: Well, I learned that the Buffer music you're playing today took me back to a lot of fond memories of nineteen seventy six, when I was eleven years old in my mom's nineteen seventy three pint.
Speaker 2: O Wagon show for the filkal Am Radio. It'll go all right. I just wanted to share that with you guys. Oh Michael from Rockle Okay, guys, see you.
Speaker 1: Thanks margin people burn in nineteen sixty five as the second person who was eleven years ago.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hey Marty from Denver here, great show is always Denver. This week I learned Shannon's nephew is a rugby player.
Speaker 2: Yep, good on him.
Speaker 10: And just a reminder twenty thirty one, the Rugby World Cup will be here in the US. Yeah, learn a little about the game.
Speaker 3: One of my college roommates dated a girl is now married to her whose mother used to work for EA Electronic Arts and they used to put out all of those great sports video games. Yeah, and he got an early copy of a rugby video game. Oh wow, we could not figure it out.
Speaker 1: It's played. I played for a while in college. I have my brother played rugby. I got another nephew that plays plays rugby. A lot of rugby players.
Speaker 2: So you can explain it to us long before that.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it helps to play it to understand it.
Speaker 8: Bet.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well then I agree with it.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to be I'm not going to join an over fifty rugby teams.
Speaker 2: Smart. Hey guys, this is adele n.
Speaker 7: This is what I learned on the Fantastic Gary and Shannon Show. I learned that Gary may and may have not been putting onions in his pillows with his pillow fights with his kids many years ago. Besides that, I want to say, fantastic reporting this week. I grew up there in Long Beach now in s Genectady, New York. But fantastic reporting and great show there.
Speaker 2: Thank you, no, thank you.
Speaker 1: So he's the one.
Speaker 10: This is going garyan Shannon.
Speaker 5: I learned that I miss Shannon's cheesy jokes that she used to tell daily.
Speaker 2: Whatever happened to those? Do they run out jokes? I have no idea what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: I do remember jokes. Oh, food jokes. Remember we used to do food jokes with Neil.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is that? But daily? Not daily?
Speaker 11: What I learned this week on the Gary and Shannon Shows that I'm a blonde. As I'm listening to Shannon explain her theater story, I'm thinking she's in a theater with actors and actresses. Oh, she was at the movie theater. I'm thinking, how is that woman named popcorn in the theater.
Speaker 2: I say, that's funny.
Speaker 5: This week on The Garan Shannon Show has been pretty heavy, but I did learn something. I learned how to more effectively unsubscribed from those pesky emails that keep showing up on my email address. Hopefully this will take care of a lot of stuff that you know, shows up that I really don't care anything about. Anyway, y'all have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: See you bye.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: That was a useful moment we had this week.
Speaker 3: There was one moment and we're talk did all in the other Michigas.
Speaker 2: There was one good work all right.
Speaker 3: So we end every show every week, I should say, by doing our nine news nuggets you need to know, and this is an opportunity for those other stories that otherwise would have been thrown at the bottom of the pile to have their day.
Speaker 2: Did you get a haircut?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 3: No, I mean I've had haircuts before. When give me a timeframe for when you're asking did you get a haircut recently? Question mark about three weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Oh, it looks cleaned up in the back. It looks tidy. That's all I meant. It was a compliment, is what it was.
Speaker 2: Here's your honorable mention.
Speaker 10: Serving with you.
Speaker 2: So today holding auditions to become the newest member.
Speaker 1: Oh, look at your favor overstated reactions.
Speaker 3: A man who posed as a flight attendant for different airlines was able to get one hundred and twenty free flights over the course of several years.
Speaker 1: Tyron Alexander is his name. They say, between twenty eighteen and twenty twenty four, he booked free flights only available to pilots and flight attendants on an airline carrier's website. What they need to provide is their employer, their date of hire, and badge number. He threw he flew thirty four times with that airline.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be.
Speaker 1: That easy to fill out that information. On the site that he was able to do this, he submitted about thirty different badge numbers.
Speaker 2: Oh you gotta do is find one that works.
Speaker 3: Right and then just tweak it. Yeah, I'm gonna try this. Wire fraud is basically what he's accused of. Twenty years in prison, ten years from entering the secure airport. That's real time.
Speaker 2: Never mind, here's number nine at number nine.
Speaker 9: I did ninth place with the cock's dirty nine times out of tennis partners dirty too, and I speak.
Speaker 3: Nine languages.
Speaker 2: Basically everybody at table narning.
Speaker 10: I feel ready to go another nine?
Speaker 5: And niner?
Speaker 2: Did I get chick niner in there?
Speaker 3: Welling from talking?
Speaker 2: I don't know how I would react to this.
Speaker 3: Guys, disc golfers in Myrtle Beats, South Carolina saw a baby hammerhead shark fall from the sky while in the middle of one of their rounds.
Speaker 1: How does that happen?
Speaker 3: So three friends they were at the eleventh hole at Splinter City disc golf Course in Myrtle Beach. They saw an osprey carrying this little baby hammerhead shark in its mouth.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 1: So the bird went down for lunch, picked up a hammerhead shark. That is a big feast, and then dropped it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the osprey was being chased by a couple of crow when it dropped whatever it dropped, they didn't even know what it was until they walked up to it. They realized something more extraordinary. Baby hammerhead shot our little baby hammerhead shark.
Speaker 2: Are you sure he's dead?
Speaker 1: Number eight.
Speaker 4: A CID is bold every eight second listening to eight different bosses drawn on about mission statements.
Speaker 1: Hey, here's the quote thirty nine year old man named Eric klinger Smith from Buffalo, New York recently went to a Muppet Vision, a conference about muppets, and he said, Standing there in his shirt and blazoned with the phrase save Muppet Vision, Eric thirty nine years old, said, I was all cried out. You see, it was a funeral for Muppet Vision, a muppet attraction at Walt Disney World in Florida devoted to Kermit, the Frag, Miss Piggy, and Gizmo Gonzo. Excuse me, I'm gonna get really in trouble for that one. Apparently people were in tears over the Muppets attraction closing grown people, grown men, grown men. That's the key everyone adorned. Did you see the people in their cerment outfits? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Wall Street Journal wrote the article and included in this third paragraph this line, this.
Speaker 2: Used to be their happy place.
Speaker 1: You can still play with your muppets at home.
Speaker 2: Here's number seven.
Speaker 12: With seven days with the government, seven years of college down to dren seven seven days.
Speaker 1: You had some run ins with boo boos here at.
Speaker 2: Work this week.
Speaker 3: Valentine accosted me with one but his la Boo Boo costed me. He said, look at my laboo boo and he said no. The National Financial Regulatory or Regulatory Administration is China's financial regulator. It's asking banks to refrain from offering non compliant perks to attract deposits, specifically, stop giving away La Boo boo dolls. The guidance came after one of the banks ran a promotion offering La Boo boo dolls in several cities to anybody who would deposit at least fifty thousand and one for three months.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a great promotion. Are you kidding? La boobo number six?
Speaker 2: I got six, you got six, She got six. Number six. There's six more weeks of winter. Picture of me a rabbi and six drunk and longshorey. We just dig in a nursing home closer to us. I don't have to die. Take that drink another six tracks number.
Speaker 1: Do you ever see a no barking sign? I mean, no parking signs, no explosive diarrhea signs. We've seen all of that from one end of the spectrum to another, but no barking signs.
Speaker 3: Montreal dog owners at a dog park could be fined between five hundred and two thousand dollars outside the dog park that says it's forbidden to let your dog bark, wine or howl.
Speaker 1: Even an otter place for a no barking sign would be outside a dog park.
Speaker 2: One dog owner said, it's too much. It's too much.
Speaker 3: I know it's to scare people, but it's not fair. It's stressful, to be honest, I'm always looking around to see if my dog is doing good. She's not barking too much. No, it's not fun anymore, said the Canadian.
Speaker 2: Relax number five park five.
Speaker 6: I have five rules.
Speaker 2: We begin bombing in five minutes. Five little monkey fishes, the year five point finally five would be a favorite. Lose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 1: So this approach kind of I think worked. I mean it worked for me. I quit smoking regularly for the first time when it became kind of taboo to smoke. Everyone smoked in the nineties, and that's when I started smoking. And then everyone quit smoking, and then it became shameful to smoke. You would smoke in alleys and hidden away like a heroin addict. You were embarrassed to have people see you smoke. And I think that that's really what started the wave of cessation when it came to smoking. And now in Hong Kong, that's what they're telling people to do. Stare at the smokers. Please stare at people who light up to discourage smoking.
Speaker 2: But that's it. Just look at them.
Speaker 1: Well, they're toughening other anti tobacco measures.
Speaker 2: This is just part of it.
Speaker 1: They have banned smoking inside restaurants, workplaces, indoor public spaces and some other public outdoor areas.
Speaker 2: But this is just part of it. But that works.
Speaker 1: Man, public shaming.
Speaker 2: Here's number four, four minute.
Speaker 8: It's probably on his fourth tranquilizer by.
Speaker 2: Now, number four.
Speaker 1: This isn't the same world you left four years ago.
Speaker 3: Well you missed the fifth annual European Gull Screeching Championship. Sixty people who believe they sound like seagulls from fourteen different countries descended on the town of Depon in Belgium over this last weekend.
Speaker 1: Not just that they tried to sound like a goal, they dressed like the birds, feathers, face paint, the whole bit. We've got a series of nuggets here where you can just send in brigades of mental health professionals with the vans mine.
Speaker 2: Mine number three. Three shall be the number that count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Were dead within three.
Speaker 4: Hours three clearance level three, all three of the three.
Speaker 2: I got all three of you guys for the rest of your natural born live. After about three days, they both start to stink it three well.
Speaker 3: Meta, Facebook's parent company, this week announced that it's going to sue the maker of an app that uses AI to simulate nude images of real people who appear clothed in their pictures. Find somebody with their cloth, picture of somebody with their clothes on, put it in this NEWIFI app, and it will then take the clothes.
Speaker 2: Off of them.
Speaker 3: This is like the old X ray glasses you used to get in the back of the comic books.
Speaker 2: Grandpa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just terrifying when you think about it used with kids in schools, right, and then they start circulating pictures of people at school, you know, naked. But it's AI. I mean, it's all bad.
Speaker 3: Meta says the company bans quote non consensual intimate imagery on its platform.
Speaker 1: Unconsensual image.
Speaker 2: Very interesting, sanitized way of putting that number. Two. What's going on you two? There's two sons and no women.
Speaker 1: Do you probably take a capsule or two in the morning, maybe the afternoon, a good old one a day vitamin, something like that.
Speaker 2: What about centrum silver.
Speaker 1: Centrum silver? Oh, are you an adoctor?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, would you take anything? I do not currently take anything cool crapsules, crapsules. You don't take a crapsule.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 1: British doctors are prescribing these crapsules. What they have inside them are a freeze dried feces. It's a new treatment and they say that the studies have shown some promise treating everything from advanced cancer to deadly liver disease.
Speaker 3: Well, fecal transplants have been done for some time where and it's not putting poop. You don't take poop from one person put it in somebody else. It's the microbiome that is destroyed in your gut that has to be replaced with a healthy microbiome, and some of that bacteria is what they use. But researchers have been testing whether these freeze dried stool capsules from healthy donors could be used to uproot some of the antibiotic resistant bacteria that might be hiding in someone else's guts.
Speaker 1: How much money is to be made out of handing over your fecal matter form in the name of science to help.
Speaker 2: People blood donor plasma? Dont right?
Speaker 1: Are there centers where you go like you would donate sperm or blood, you can also donate fecal matter?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing? And it's healthy? Like somebody with that healthy biome? Pay you for it?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: They give you a magazine. You go in the room, you do your business, just like in the other places.
Speaker 3: I they'll think it's the same. But I know what you're getting. I mean, here's number one, weird number one.
Speaker 2: You're number one. We're number one, Ben, I decided to look out for number one. Are you the number one? Row?
Speaker 10: Number one?
Speaker 2: Number one? Number one?
Speaker 1: You're a man?
Speaker 2: Why do you always do?
Speaker 1: Do you ever shove a USB cable up your penis?
Speaker 2: I love that they included the X ray here? Do you love it? I love it.
Speaker 3: Young man got a cable lodged in his unit after he inserted it for what he thought, I guess was going to be some sort of pleasure. Twenty one year old student decided to go to the hospital when he realized that he couldn't pull it out by himself. My god, he told medics that he had previously put things in there like cotton buds.
Speaker 2: I assume that's a cute tip.
Speaker 1: Hey, I got a question for somebody with a penis. Go on, do if you were to try.
Speaker 3: To give yourself a name for this practice, did you know that it's called sounding?
Speaker 2: Why stuff in there?
Speaker 1: Why is it called sounding?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It sounds painful.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're man with a penis. If you wanted to cause your self pleasure, would it occur to you to stick something in your urethra? Why are you silent in this moment?
Speaker 2: I'm at least giving it some thought. I don't know. I'm gonna say no. No, That's why I said no.
Speaker 1: I mean, even aside from the painfulness of it, right right, Yeah, you would be thinking what, Elmer. I'm not judging. I'm just I'm just surprised you said it was not mad Elmer. Matt, She's not mad, she's just disappointed.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious, Like, if you thought about your.
Speaker 1: Urethra, don't you think that it would hurt to put something in it?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: I mean good things in lin I've hurt sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is true. That is true.
Speaker 3: You're not back on Monday, that is true. All right, it's gonna be a long weekend. Everybody have a great time.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking all the things you can put in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, see see you. We'll see on Mondays. Stay dry, everybody say it. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.