Speaker 1: Why would a rubber make pie? Who cares if you kill him? We'll be on TV.
Speaker 2: You're right, boy, mom my aquarium. Hello, Homer, you're alive and you've baked your pie.
Speaker 1: O me, what's going on? I'm fighting a rubber. You go get ice cream? Four finger discount, dude.
Speaker 3: Welcome to four figure discat where. This week the podcast is dedicated to the memory of Elsie Castelinetta and Dora k Warren. How do you know who those two lovely ladies are. I'm going to assume there's some mothers, the mothers of Dan and Harry here.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Yes, so obviously this is now. This was the first. It's Mona Leaves and by the.
Speaker 1: Way, yes, don't get ahead of yourself.
Speaker 3: So this was the very first episode apparently to be based around Mother's to be around Mother's Day in the United States. I think the United States, in England, who much the rest of the world maybe as celebrate Mother's down in this particular day different to us, the one's mother. So it's for Nikola here all of her friends back in the uksa happy Mother's Then she's like, oh should I because it's not Mother's Day here, it's always. It's always like she celebrates it still the English way because her mum's feeling like it's Mother's Day at that particular time.
Speaker 1: I understand where Nichola was coming from. But you're in Australia now, so you do it in Australia.
Speaker 3: With the time.
Speaker 1: Like you're not oz.
Speaker 3: But Mona leaves us. This episode was about. This was the finale, the sendoff for the end closest Mona, the end of her arc, the end of the Mona arc.
Speaker 1: Shall we say?
Speaker 3: I don't know whether I was happy with her passing away. I don't. I just feel like it's her story. Her and Homer story is so tragic from beginning to end.
Speaker 1: It really is. I must say. It makes me not dislike the episodes, but it makes them hard to warm too. Yeah yeah, everyone, But.
Speaker 3: It's funny because everyone always sees the or the end of the first one as one of the most heartwarming moments ever.
Speaker 1: Well, it's become very mean the fact. I guess we're talking about Homer sitting on the bonnot of his car, all they.
Speaker 3: That's the most mean shot. I think it's more than Homer in the hedge. I think people every time a celebrity dies, that's what you use.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean it strikes me as kind of It's not as sad as say, the final moments of a Jurassic Bark from Futurama.
Speaker 3: But that that was more of a fuck you sad though, wasn't it. Oh gosh, grussy bark. That was just like, oh really you went there.
Speaker 1: It's like we're really gonna yeah, stick it did and break it off. Where Yeah, the end of that of that episode, in that particular Armis feel sort of more melancholy than Simpson we're talking about. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I just thought here I felt really I thought the way they handled her actual death was done really well. It was very simplistic but impactful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We've reviewed the part of Buffy on our TV launch pod and the episode The Body of Buffy the Vampire Sleigh where Buffy's mother dies. Spoiler. You usually say spoiler before you actually reveal a spoiler. Yeah, maybe you should do that, But anyway, watch Buffy Good Show is a very very effective moment and this reminded me of that to some way. I mean, they really sort of capture the sense of disbelief that you have when you know, someone who is so pivotal to your life and who it was there one moment is now not it's like oh wow, it's it's kind of a surreal moment.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they realized this isn't a character that can have a funny, wacky death, because some characters could. I thought that Comic Book Guy could have a wacky death and we'd buy it, right, I don't know, actually, I mean they well, he has a death in the trans of horror where he's like, we're still best death ever?
Speaker 1: Would yeah, horror? Yeah, or bets are off those kinds of things. I think with characters that have been established for quite some time, even ones who are the butts of jokes or supposedly unlikable, like Comic book Guy, even if you lost them, they'd be like, ah, a bit of the bit of the furniture's gone, a bit of the bit of the fabrics gone. So you'd probably be I don't think you'd be sort of upnights making moves with a rip Comic book Guy or anything like that. But I think, oh, okay, things aren't the same as they used to be, and you turn you tune into something like that. Simpsons because you know, how how often are we used the term status quo? Yes, yeah, sorry, sort of roll the tape back a bit. I mean, yeah, it's it was hard to sort of get too. They handled the death scene very very well. They handled home's reaction to it very well, and the aftermath of it certainly, particularly if you know, if you someone you love goes and there's unfinished business. Oh shit. The last thing I said to them was something I really wish I could take back. All A lot of people could probably relate to oh yeah, or oh they died, you know, thinking that I didn't love them, or that, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: I had that with my uncle Noel, because he's he passed away in two thousand. Hit with the work incident, right o, wait, God to do this? What happened? You got killed at work? And he was the one relative who watched wrestling with me. And then he got like he was early thirties at the time, I was ten, twelve whatever, and he's always come over to our place on a Tuesday night and watched WWF raw at the time on Fox Sports. And then he sort of he got engaged and moved in with his partner. Blah blah, blah, and then he just didn't really come over as often, and I sort of like it didn't it pissed me off, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: I was just a child.
Speaker 3: I was like, what what do you mean? You're gonna hang out with you with your Beyonce? What do you mean? So I never forget. He caught up on the Monday and he and he said he wasn't going to he was on the phone. I said, you come over and watch the wrestling sight and he goes no, And I said, all right, whatever, and I hung, I didn't hang out. I gave it back to my and walked off. Next day he gets killed. I've always sort of had that in my mind, going, oh, last thing I said to him was like I left he was he had disappointed me. I was like that still to this day annoys me.
Speaker 1: No, I can wholly under stair. Yeah. I mean a lot of people ask me about the death of my dad, which was more than ten years ago now, and of course it's sad I miss him, that kind of business. But at the same time, like, are you really saying he really broke ups? Like no, because we had nothing left unsaid between you got to say goodbye. We had to say goodbye and yeah, yeah, we knew how we felt about one. Yeah, and there was no sort of yeah, like I said, nothing left unsaid. Yeah, but yeah, for for home to be in this situation, yeah, I think they conveyed that really well. But going back to the character the moment, the fact that she's sort of been in and out and she's she has her reasons, but she just strikes me as completely unreliable when it comes to her son.
Speaker 3: I don't think she's a very good mother. No, no, And there's probably listeners that they head were not going to be annoyed by that because they really like the Mona episodes. But she's not Grandpa is the rock Grandpa. Yeah, he's the one who actually raised him. Yeah. Yeah, She's like, oh, I was on the run for the government. It's like, yeah, that's your fault. You created that situation. You were on the run, not just because the government doesn't like you. You fucked around and you didn't you were a random found out. Yeah, you were irresponsible. You did thinks you shouldn't have been doing. The mother of a child, and you then have to pay the price and you're on the run. He came back in to Homer's life and then you're on the run again. Came backing to Homer's life. You have to fake your death that the government was I get. There's the sense of, oh, she faked her death at the government so she can come back and say goodbye.
Speaker 1: She may feel regretful about the fact that she wasn't in Homer's life, but it doesn't replace the fact that she really wasn't in Homer's life. And when she does come back in, she's there for a little while. Hopes are built up, then they dashed again.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on the fact that she used him with the ashes to get one last screw you to the government, Because in my thoughts, I thought, you're putting Homer and you can get in trouble here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Again, it felt like a selfish thing. I thought it was a funny twist. I didn't see it coming, right, but I thought it was. It was also a selfish thing to do.
Speaker 1: It felt that way to me as well.
Speaker 3: In all honest I thought it was gonna be sentimental.
Speaker 1: No, we're dreadfully conservative, show for good discounts, don't stick it to the man. But I Holly get where you're coming.
Speaker 3: From when that real make it have a risk his life to get to the top of this mountains.
Speaker 1: A rocket up the butt. It struck me as a bit of a little bit of a selfish act. Yeah for mine. I mean, you're lucky you've got Glenn Close doing this one of.
Speaker 3: Our I wasn't sure that it was Green Close. I thought her voice was a little bit different. Yeah, I thought, is this someone? But it was Glenn Close, it wasn't it, which is good.
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely. I like that they've got that continuity. And you know, Glen Close is up for just about anything. She's a very very good actor.
Speaker 2: Hey, my favorite.
Speaker 3: All right, what were your favorite moments in the episode?
Speaker 1: What did I enjoy? Look, I'll be honest, there weren't a whole lot that really sort of leapt out at me. Then I did get a laugh out. It was, oh, does Homo throw the Defender out the window at some stage.
Speaker 3: Plan my aquarium. I just like the Defender in general. The Defender was great.
Speaker 1: Don't mess with the Defender, And I love that it had a callback and thea that's what I thought. The payoff Yeah, yeah, shouted to the Defender. But my aquarium, I mean, you hear a crash, and they could be anything like what's the words, oh it in aquarium? Yes, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: I really like, I'm really glad, he corrected me.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 3: People always really glad when they get created.
Speaker 1: They felt like sort of classic Homer as well. Yeah, I mean I like that he didn't go for the gum drope haws a loi bubble, you know, he just sort of played it very subdued dance he did, know, which which I appreciated that. It was a good line as well. I dug that a lot. And also one thing I liked anytime he used a Paul A classic Paul Simon song is all Right by Me and Mother and Child. Rune is just a great song. Yeah, and yeah we get white Rabbit as well. We do get white Rabbit, which feels that's a little cliche when it comes to all the time, it's the Simpsons.
Speaker 3: It's the Simpsons thing. That's what they do. Every time he's struggle about it's white rabbit.
Speaker 1: It's either that or incense and peppermints. Yeah, quite regulars a better song. Also, I think weed deficient to I didn't think considered hemp bag unfair and it's going to meet people, stewed. I didn't think that's going to happen. I've traded Natalina whedon Is. But yeah, very very happy to hear mother and children great song.
Speaker 3: Also really enjoyed Lisa trying to get an outfit for a dolphin CEO secretary of CEO.
Speaker 1: I'm always I'm always a fan of that kind of face off, Jeff Lenny a nurse secretary to a CEO.
Speaker 2: Next question, you there eating the beast.
Speaker 3: Tri hit me with your first Actually you sort of relate to what we just talked about. What is the name of said dolphin, Betsy, Let's see what one?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I guess you've started. We're just jumping right into it, right into it, Okay. Then speaking of Lisa, she is going to elect to the food called businesses about the use of what styrophone and starphone is correct?
Speaker 3: What cookies did Lenny's mother cook for Karl make for Karl?
Speaker 1: Well, there were two, yeah, because there were were there lemon and then armond.
Speaker 3: No first one. The second one was almond. The first one is thinking of the palmi version of Indian food in Australia.
Speaker 1: But butter chicken, you guys got butter chicken. It literally is the parmy of Indian it is. Indeed, I had a party on Satday. No, yeah, living the kids and I went to the Belmont Hotel. Belmont Hotel. It was all right. It was okay because the party is the baseline. Right. If you go to a pub and it's like we've said this, yeah, okay, you don't really choosing Parmi Parmi.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny whenever you recommended a place good party absolutely or palma put penny on. Where you're from, you can be right and wrong.
Speaker 1: So no, you can be right and say party. That's what you can do. My next question for you is that your turn? I think it's my speaking of the Stuffer Hug place. Stuffer Hug is a what what Yeah, it's like a it's a subsidiary or an offshoot.
Speaker 3: Art what was it? I don't know's it's based on build about or whatever it was?
Speaker 1: Is. Yeah, welcome to stuff Hug A fun work love lab. Okay.
Speaker 3: And my final quest, all right, I haven't got one here, but i'll it's that place, Stuff and Hug. What are the names of the employees, he says.
Speaker 1: He told there's Eric, there's Andy, and there's black Eric. Or is it the other way around? There's there's Alan, Alan is Alan Eric and black Eric and black Eric.
Speaker 3: Yes, because he he asked Eric, and Eric asked Alan. Then Alan is asking Ic. I'm Eric, I mean black Eric. Yes, there we go. Okay, I did like the input. I'm like I've been.
Speaker 1: Uh, do I have one for one more question? You want to I've got two here? Okay, why not? Let's just do one? Okay, Okay, your favorite? We see a picture of cute little Homer a picture of not cute little Homer. Yeah, what is not cute little Homer eating? Say? Okay, it was a pink donut? Pink because he was only a cookie in the first one.
Speaker 3: Well, I think cupcake donut. Of course it's a Homer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you idiot. I wasn't going to say that thinking it. You know who are idiots? Stone, gutter Stone, Absolutely, they're not idiots. You know why? Because they're keeping the lights on. They are.
Speaker 3: Indeed, Yeah, particularly Katie g with their one hundred dollars support.
Speaker 1: Oh, she just keeping the lights bright.
Speaker 3: Indeed, and our man Andrews are keeping our glasses full of water, keeping the facilities running here at the forking a discount studio.
Speaker 1: Gim me our glasses full of tap water.
Speaker 3: Also our man Zach Putt. Of course, I'm going to be launching his Mugging in the Middle podcast very.
Speaker 1: Soon when he's not, you know, edit that out, Zach.
Speaker 3: Yes, and Andrew Swany Swan the Lord of Discord, Lord of Discord, and he's fixing up our website again for us. We don't have a new website coming soon. I think, wait, what, yeah, more fancy with basically with their website. I want it to go to the homepage and there's the landing page of all the podcast you can go. I want to listen to that.
Speaker 1: Oh so you have like here, here's my idea. Yeah, are you paying attentions?
Speaker 3: Wanting He's not building it, but he helps with the waste.
Speaker 1: I forget build a bed, build a site. By the way, this podcast sponsored by squares space, it's not really squarespace. Be a friend of the pod. Yeah, there's a picture of you and I in the middle like the sun and then sort of raiding it from how it's like speaking the hill fourfing a discount going down to South Park. Something to do with movies, perhaps who knows many many podcasts, but at the center of it is your pals. You say it's going to guide them to the Yeah, this is the longest, most drawn out four plays, like we're going to get the fucking I really appreciate this poor play, but get the fucking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna really like the show wants this launch.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: I've got four episodes in the can We're do indeed. Yeah, it's good to have some in the bank.
Speaker 1: That's true. I think that's the reason we're coming up to Christmas time. I thought it'd be very good to have some of the bank. It's good to have things in the bank. Yes, yeah, I need stuff with the map because you know why, we've got to wrap this episode of quickly because I have to go to the dentist. This in the film Godzilla Times Kong the New Empire. I actually it was pretty good. But old Kong he's sort of open around or grumping. It's because he's got a fucked up tooth and especially his nerves. Oh yeah, and I don't know how I've got this job, but this guy has to go in and basically sort of like wrap a big harness around it and then a helicopter sort of rips it out. That's going to be me today, I'm pretty sure, because I've got a tooth that's all fucked up. It's like, I'm honestly going to say to the dend It's like, look, unless this is really gonna mess up the structural architecture of my jaw, just wrap it out of my head. I don't care. You're going to borrow to get your teeth fixed. I got one fix. I'm just one. Ah well, no, not all of them. I think he came back of a whole sentergary. Well, I've got some veneers. Yeah, and I also got a crown done. But then, you know, there's a lot of great things in the Davis DNA, sporting prowess, full head of hair, and wait a minute, that was I think I got all the regressive Jane, but teeth, bad teeth is it runs in the Davis DNA unfortunately. So yeah, I'm just gonna get this one send because I've got a bit.
Speaker 3: Of all week and bad teeth or bad oral hygiene.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say bad teeth because that takes the responsibility of me. But then I was also I was leaving the Lord of Luis's house yesterday and felt that feels familiar, that feels like a flat Oh, I've got a flat tire. I need to get a new flat tie. Yeah, and they come along the RCV guys, Yeah, look at this, you've got a You've got a screw flush into your tire. So I got to go and get a new tires after this. Well, so what I'm saying is still dropping over the fat tire go around. So what I'm saying is, yeah, it would be good to have somebody for Christmas, all right now. But anyway, Yeah, that's that's my trivia questions, all right, So I want to stone cutters. Well we haven't done the rest of the stonecutters. Sorry, guys, no more important than me and my problems.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Rossi, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sewn DV, Pete Anderson, Timothy Bells, and Andrew David, Ryan Dunlap, Kevin Dental, Planned Flood, Shannon Hofer, Bellow, Windo Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple, be Adrick McLeod, Lewis Cavanaugh, Mark Trelevin, Rhys Roberts, Ginger, and Pickle Preston Murray Talia Enriquez, Jeep Mosado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hellier, Logan, b James Sheppard, Joe Readin, sac Dave Pretzels mcneally, Gavin Lang, Damie Miller, and Charlie Joe.
Speaker 1: What a bunch of legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much for being top tier supporters here at four thing. Just can I hope you're enjoined it early in add free access to all of our shows and our bonus exclusive shows. Today we're gonna be doing this week. It is Speaking of the Hill.
Speaker 1: Correct. Last week it was Seinfeld. Previous week it was Fu Drama all the time. It's gonna be TV launch for a couple of months. Yeah, oh that's right. Yeah, it's so many shows it's easy for even us, well me, to lose track.
Speaker 3: Yes, so every week you get a bonus episode of a show bus podcast here at the just by being a supporter.
Speaker 1: Just by being a support, every week you get a bonus show. It's pretty neat, It is pretty neat. It's indeed pretty good deal. It is. Indeed.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into our review, shall we of Mona leaves up. So the visual edit was May eleventh, two thousand and eight. Because all's bet similar for us, isn't it. Maybe America celebrates the same as US. Maybe a got it wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, America does sort of do everything ask backwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, the rest of the world does everything asks backwards with America would say it comes the metric system. So Mother's Day America, Mother's Day America's ours is the first Sunday in May.
Speaker 1: Right, sounds about right, And Father's Days like the first Sunday in September.
Speaker 3: So first Sunday. Maybe it's the same for Mother's Day Australia twenty twenty five. Okay, so American and Australia actually the same. But England must be different. Mother's Day England. Mother's Day England is the thirty for March is in March, so it's England's any when it's different, ok I thought it was America and England. Okay, so America's I'm we don't do they don't do ask backwards, they do that one right.
Speaker 1: My apologies to everyone in American, particularly all the mothers of America. I love you all. Man.
Speaker 3: Well, I just think it's nice that you know every Father's Day, Mother's Day is going to be a well will it be Father's Day? Because I think it airs lates of Tennessee. You're not going to get it because it's the first Sunday and September. Isn't it Father's Day for us?
Speaker 1: You'll want to set alone to the line I understand.
Speaker 3: There would be no math, So basically get March for England and I'm assuming Europe maybe and same as US May for America and Australia. If you're a fan of everything we do here at fourth Finger Discount, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dando for a little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash four Finger Discount. The production code kab F one two written by Joel H. Cohen, threaded by Mike B. Anderson and Ralph Sosa, and the chopo gag is this punishment is not medieval, written in medieval medieval and.
Speaker 1: The cash gag. So this was filler.
Speaker 3: I thought, Yeah, you've an episode Mona's Farewell and you're filling it with well the first two minutes before the episode of even start the Long Hours evolution, Yeah, where have you been or whatever?
Speaker 1: This episode kind of felt like it had a fair bit of filler in it, though I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't really.
Speaker 1: I thought the last the third act was just it was your silliness? Was it was? It was your stuffer hug. Yeah, it really was. So maybe stuffa Hugg was a deliberate think at this because actually the first act felt like a bit of filler as well. All the stuff at the mall, I mean all the stuff at stuff Hug. It was like there's a lot of stuff and not a lot of hug.
Speaker 3: And then it was just had nothing to do the story because they just came home. Yeah, you could have justly started with the family getting home saying what a fun day and the more.
Speaker 1: Wow I went to stuff a hug. Yeah, I told him to stop using starifoe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this this definitely felt. Yeah, you think you think an episode that is all right, we're going to send off Glenn Close as Mona. Let's base the entire episode around that. Why do we have yeah five minutes.
Speaker 1: I need to revisit the mother episodes because I don't know how much of her background where actually sort of privy too, I mean they do. They show a lot of her, you know, anti establisher and hyginks. Of course they do.
Speaker 3: That's why mister Birds is trying to get her.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm just yeah, I'd like to know more about her backstory. But then, of course they probably already did that episodes and I don't remember. It would have been nice to have more though in this episode. Yes, as opposed to stuff a hug and nonsense. I justly thought they were going to I thought they would bring back Hanks Scorpio or something when they had the when it was it was like, wow, this is a secret missile launching face or something. It's like, I was just burn what's this going on here? What I launched the missile for? I have no idea? Oh no, they're launching nuclear waste into.
Speaker 3: The nuclear wat Yeah, get ready into the rainforest.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing is, though I was really surprised. Actually we didn't I was gonna touch this at the start. We're surprised by how early they killed her off because the whole episode was meant to be. They brought back Glenn Close for it, right, Yeah, she was in it for like what two minutes.
Speaker 1: Didn't have a whole lot to do. No, No, although actually it made sense to me that they would bumper off early. And then you've the rest of the episode is Homer dealing with that.
Speaker 3: I guess her ashes being part of the story, is incorporating her the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean that whole aspect of She shows up, she feels bad, Home's not accepting the apology, she's dead. Homer feels remorseful. He's got one last task to sort of like resolve everything by climbing to this, to this peak and setting for actions like okay, that's that's a good cord to build it around. But yeah, everything else they surrounded with was like, ah, this is kind of empty.
Speaker 3: I wrote my notes. It's feeling very awestime power ish. And then we've got the Yeah. I was like, is that what you were going?
Speaker 1: I guess so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But Austin powers was it big what's one less? Is it two thousand and eight, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When was gold Member out five? I want to say, I think so, yeah, because because the first is ninety seven, Spy of Shagman is ninety nine, and then I'm guessing gold Members early two thousands.
Speaker 3: Look, Goldmember was in two thousand and two, really early, so six years prior. Yeah, we had on Jim Show, we had Mindy Yeah, and maybe must Powers fall on the works. I feel that the world needs one. Make myie has just been am I He's doing Shrek obviously, but it hasn't been a when's the last time Mike Myers appeared in something?
Speaker 1: He did a show for Netflix called The Pentaverate, which is kind of like a comedic conspiracy thriller kind of show. Not really okay, to the best of my recollection, I saw a little bit when I thought, this is a lot of Mike Myers in various disguises, doing various accents, amusing himself, maybe not us so much.
Speaker 3: People saying he just never recovered from the Love Guru.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard that as well. I mean, I could go for a new Austin Powers if they passed the Torch. You need to find some young.
Speaker 3: She revealed to us that the story that might pitch to her for it would be it would be from Doctor Evil's perspective. He would be the star. Okay, essentially was the start, but it's more we're seeing it from his side. Okay, Austin Powers is sort of like the one we occasionally see well, I mean.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, like the Doctor Evil Scott Evil dynamic and but I think it'd be great if you had, like if you found the right actor to play Austin Powers's son, I think that'd be kind of interesting. I mean, the first person springs to mind is Tom Holland for some reason.
Speaker 3: They'd have to see what it all depends on the dialogue.
Speaker 1: It really does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a super Bowl commercial several years ago. That's what we touched on in the Inn. Mindy and you wash and you go. This can still work like him and Seth Green doing their father's son. I'm like, if it was the right script, Yeah, these guys can still pull it off.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, these legacy sequels are very in right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if they said Austin Powers for is coming to like Netflix where people be all about it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but having said that. I mean, Beverly Hills Cop four came to Netflix and everyone was like, yeah, I can't wait for this, and now it's like, oh wait, there was a fourth one.
Speaker 3: What's why I'm really concerned about Happy Gillmore too.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: It's like, ah, I love that movie so much, it's not going to be the same and the expectations. I'm leaving my expectations really low. I got burned by Bill in ten three big time.
Speaker 1: I get where you're coming from completely. I mean, yeah, it strikes me that, you know, outpal the Sandman has sort of built up enough of a brand of just being we'll show up for anything that Sandler does that you don't need to attach his best ip to it. Yeah, you know, it's just like.
Speaker 3: Coming to a Netflix Halloween film was actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: He'll be Halloween. I didn't mind it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he's just one of those guys, Adam SANDLERWI just go I've got time for you, mate, because you know, he's just a great guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, but to possibly tank the good memories that people have of say Happy Gilmore or if he did another Billy Madison or something like No, I.
Speaker 3: Do feel like that's Adam sounds still going to be running the show though, which makes me think it hopefully he won't let them ruin his baby, hopefully because how many times do you see them do a rebui or whatever and it's not the same direct jone. It's like someone's different vision.
Speaker 1: Correct correct.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's get back to the episode. Let's episode kicks off. We have even understand So that's Springfield more and I loved the reveal here. So you think it's just Mo wanted to get in the car. I'm not leaving, not leaving, not leaving. No, he's doing it deliberately because he's just the son of a bitch.
Speaker 1: It's very much the people who actually do this deliberately. But it really does grow on my gears. If you've got someone who's sitting in a car in a car park and it's like you're on your phone or but they've turned their car on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, well, I can get it if it's a hot day, because I've got the air con running, and I do it. Sometimes Nicolly goes, just wait in the car, I'm gonna get run in and I'll be straight out and I do that and people.
Speaker 1: Look, look at me, and I'm like, it's hot house cool. I don't be sitting here listening to not that.
Speaker 3: I get it, And I also get said from both sides. I can get why it's frustrating, but can also get why some people would have the car on just being a prick, yeah, which I thought was a nice gag. And then we get the family walking out of Itchies and Scratchies, which is not show.
Speaker 1: Not a filing out with the beloved cartoon characters, but instead just itchy and scratchy sweaters. Yeah you got any of these? No, not really.
Speaker 3: I used to have a couple when I was younger. Mum used to knit sweaters, not always itchy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it was a very late twentieth century thing. I forgot when we sort of made the transition from it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. Do I ever got to wear this jumper?
Speaker 3: Look at some of my old jumpers, and I'm just like, you can tell mum knitted it right, And I go, it's pretty.
Speaker 1: Bad ass, Mum. Absolutely, you need to be apart Simpson. I'm like, that's legit branding something out of it. It's like move over, Uncle Rica. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also you know when you get I don't know whether it because you weren't watching the Simpsons when you were young, But there's gags and the Simpsons right that relate to you. You know, when you're a child, you were right. You get to look through Star Wars and Jaws. You got it better than me, don't you worry.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 3: So there's gags and the Simpsons that I appreciated as a kid, and there's gags that I appreciate as an adult. I don't remember watching this episode at all, really probably did. Don't remember watching it, so I don't know whether I this went.
Speaker 1: Over my head.
Speaker 3: But the gag of kids complaining about being bored or whatever and Marge saying I'll let you listen to music radio in the car, holy shit? Does that relate now? Because they can't. It's like the car the kids will listen to Spady or Wiggles. I'm like, I just put on my top back radio, please in my podcast. That's it's all I listened to.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't put music radio or anymore. Can I listen to Kyle and Jackie O?
Speaker 3: Don't do you listen to radio in the car? Actual music? I don't at all unless I'm in.
Speaker 2: The mood.
Speaker 1: To be in the mood. Yeah, I mean I was listening the other day to well, why was I not listening to my usual podcasts or whatever? I don't know, but smooth a than came.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, is it smooth Smoothes go to for me? Now?
Speaker 1: Smooth and gold Classic. It's so smooth because they have a mix of like new and old brashing and it's it's not a bracehief or anything like that. It's just good smooth tears my hard, light hearted jeez, A bit of smooth band to take us up to news. Andrew D's camera came. I think I've made a mistakes several times in the podcast. You don't mix up those two.
Speaker 3: I mean the funniest commercial shows, didn't he Australia wackiest commercials? I was always like always Andrew dadda.
Speaker 1: I think so when he married like Australian not quite supermodel but still incredibly hot. Alison Bray, Yeah, you're just looking at them, was like, oh god, damn it. You two are just living the dream because they're like my age, like mid fifties or something. It's like, you two, this is what I Shakhada. It's look when you see home in the mirror, sort of like this is how he sees and I was like, that's how I see myself. It's like, no, that's not you. The lovely Louise of course, looks like Alison Bray. I didn't look like Cameron.
Speaker 3: Dada is a camera or Andrew who buried her?
Speaker 1: Cameron? It is camera. Yeah. The brother's confused. Good last time a lot of Dada's. Yeah, nearly Dano, it's correct, I nearly there should get him on the show. He has Dado and Dan quite Dan and not quite a dad. But you'll get the good knee. It was meant to be Jacques turned into Sergio. It was a zoo. Troy put it in Edge. Yeah, but listen to music radio.
Speaker 3: Yes, but Marge says you can. We'll pick one fun thing to do before we leave. Lisa wants to complain about the starrophone, but once based toys, I wants to sit on the bench.
Speaker 1: Relatable. You can tell this was written by people who either have children or just advanced age. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Maggie wants stuff and hug so she says, let's do something. Maggie wants to do you ever remember that we've done it? And I'm like, that is so true?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, very much.
Speaker 3: That's why when I look at people, I go, why are you having this extravagant birthday party?
Speaker 1: You knew you were about to say? For a one year old? What are you doing? They won't have any idea what's going on. I don't even need to make him a cake.
Speaker 3: They literally I get the cake and stuff is photos whatever. But it's like, you don't need to go all out like this.
Speaker 1: It's not my sweet sixteenth. It's a party for you, oh very much. So it's a party for the ground. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or the TikTok, the tocking and the ticken.
Speaker 1: Have you ever built a bear, built a bed?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I never did any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Name I had the ones where you could draw on them and rub it off and and redraw on those more stacy, my sister had those notes. I'm never gonna buy one for me. I don't want a teddy bear. But it's cool, like you draw this special texture, wipe it and come off with magic. Oh okay, yeah, but I never built a bear.
Speaker 1: No, I never built a bearer.
Speaker 3: But the worker tries showing them the video on how to build the bear or stuff the bear whatever stuff, and Hug I did like that.
Speaker 1: This is a you know, a minimum way do you guys say, I'd tell you when I could show you this video. Yeah, why do your job?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately input missing.
Speaker 1: Get Eric.
Speaker 3: I'm Eric, So yeah, they had a little bad to that. Then we get March saying can't buy a poodle because it gives the dogs and ideas. Ralph overfills his teddy and it becomes like a snow day and Lisa.
Speaker 1: It's more Ralph being the new mel Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then Lisa tries to get the dolphin outfit off the working, which I thought was great. Just it's just a great his sake of sexism.
Speaker 1: So, little girl, what aut the do you want for your dolphin?
Speaker 2: Doctor? Okay, nurse?
Speaker 1: It is profess, a kindergarten teacher, chef, lunch lady, see yew, secretary to a CEO. You now it's a boy dolphin. Oh here you go? Doctor Hm, lean full there, Betty.
Speaker 3: Then we have but finding the hippos that can copy his voice. These are always the best toys when you're a kid. One of them I never forget the first time Elliott. He's got this little radio thing and the first like I was a dinosaur actually, and he said something and I set it back to him. It was like, wait, what what is this sorcery?
Speaker 1: My? What's alone from? It's like Conan O'Brien, but where he's flaying old time baseball? Oh have you never seen that? Oh fucker? Since we're done here, Yeah, just time in an old time baseball Conan, Okay, funny at fucking thing, But I'll give you one I'll give you one bit from that because it's like, you know, like Civil War are reenactments and that thing. But it's like some old time village and you know, they're playing old time baseball like it's late eighteen hundreds or something. And he's got like the big handle my mustard squat on and then and everyone's really committed to the bit, and so Conan does as well. But like a plane flights over, what is that demonry? I loved it, but oh god, if you've never seen old time baseball, I've made your day. I pre emptly made your day. Fantastic.
Speaker 3: Appeared in the premiere of the Simpsons this season.
Speaker 1: I'm well aware.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the finale, Yeah, which I kind of ruined, well done.
Speaker 1: You know, he's got a lot of fans and Simpsons hq uh what with the hippos with the top back? Yes, it's al This is one of those things. I felt like, this is just going on a little bit too long.
Speaker 3: It felt like a I went into one of these stores one day and was like, we could do a whole bit around this. Yeah, we just can't find an episode for it. Just check on the start of this one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, nothing, there's nothing to it.
Speaker 1: I wonder who the person is. Like, it's good, it's not a whole episode.
Speaker 3: Where's the filter here?
Speaker 1: It's a bit good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I guess at this time, still making the movie and whatever. They're just tired. You do get sense of sometimes you go, I can I can't understand why they were tired, but I just wish you could just put a little bit more into it. But they get home, and this is where the episode should have started. We got home from somewhere and the door opens it's called the door is open, sorry, and Bart is sent to fetch the defender. I'm like, why didn't you just get it yourself? But fetch the defender? So Buck goes and gets it, brings back to a cement block, center block. Yes, on a chain, and then he noises in the kitchen that's where the food sleeps. So Homer goes in there, spells a pie and finds his mother in there.
Speaker 1: Do you have your version of the Defender? Do you have like a home implement? And I really should, but you said that, yeah, because when a kid, when a kid fly kit the game, that's I just have these babies. Well that's true, you've got the guy.
Speaker 3: But you know, I'm sure that if a kid kicked my garage door again, I went out with my fist flying. They just come from all direction.
Speaker 1: They're defending themselves. There's so many of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do need some sort of weapon. My dad's got guns, but you have to keep them the safe.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I would hope.
Speaker 3: So it's like in Australia, guys, we have we're allowed to have guns if you pass a certain test and you keep unlock and key a proper test, and you keep them in a safe and you don't wear them in a holster on your belt when you go to the seven eleven or too. Yeah, let's just let's just move on.
Speaker 1: That's a bit of a heart, but tur.
Speaker 3: That's why people come to.
Speaker 1: A whole lot of people. I'll give you a hundred bucks a month for your scathing political commentary. I already a fucking banter.
Speaker 3: But it's his mum. He finds his mum in the kitchen. He throws the send a block out, the defender out hits the aquarium, aquarium, and I did like this margin, what are you doing fighting rubber? Go get ice cream because she's made him, made him a pie. That's spy. Yes, so we come out from commercial is a commercial here? It is just basically he says, you keep coming and going. You just like the show Scrubs. That's a date of reference now, but Scrubs was huge. Scrubs was good and it was big and it was funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like it was one of those things where people just turn on something more like someone because I get the film. People's turned on Zach Brath for no reason, for no reason. Oh didn't he do something? Well? He made this movie Garden State that was very I remember seeing this isn't bad. I mean's kind of knock off where anders them? But that's uh no.
Speaker 3: Natalie Portman, who's in what maybe's never messing in and she's like wet on the front rest. Move continue, I'm just confusing with another movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I think you're giving us too much Zach Braf and we don't really want it now. Everything that Zach Baff related is kind of like we don't like it.
Speaker 3: So no, I've never seen the movie. I always just thought that was that was they were messing.
Speaker 1: Oh and it's actually exactly yeah yeah, yeah, but it's Garden State.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The post of guards that she's they're like wet with, like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, all the three of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that was Debra Messing. I've never watched the movie. Okay, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Not bad, but it's one of those things where it's like, were we really into this in the two thousands oh ago? We were so sily and then that sort of thing gains momentum. It's like we'd say, I don't know. Chris Pratt, for instance, he says one or two things that a few people don't like, and all of a sudden, the tsunami happens. Like do you know he's like this and that this would be good? You know, the guns gets great. Chris prep wasn't it.
Speaker 3: I swear Zach Braff had some sort of controversy exactly.
Speaker 1: He was dating Florence Pew for a while, the actress Florence Pugh. And there's like, a yeah, pretty decent. The age gap forty nine and twenty one. So that's what twenty eight years that decidable, even notorious per that me is going, wait a minute, what about Jerry Seinfeld did he date? Like, yeah, that's that was a smaller gap in this though. But she was like young, young, well she was like a high schooler. Yeah, she was like underage. Everyone's like, every time I've forgotten about that. Yeah, every time I'm always reminded that Onion article. I was like, eerie man always gets a little thrill out of telling people John Lennon beat his wife, Hey that thing you enjoyed, let me let me ruin it for you. It's like, yeah, I conduct yourself in a decent manner. Celebrities and I know other people in the world, But at the same time, I don't know. Yeah, I'd be a dick on social media and take the moral high ground all the time.
Speaker 3: So he was two years older than me. He was thirty eight. Funny watched SI fan down. I want these guys are fucking old. No, they're my age. Oh yeah, he was thirty eight at the time. She was seventeen. Yeah, two years from now. And then me going with the seventeen year old seems kind of creepy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's lose daughter's age and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a kid. Yeah, it's like they're literally a child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jerry, what.
Speaker 3: Are you doing?
Speaker 1: What is the deal with that school?
Speaker 3: By the way, if you like sidefad talk, I was available, although we make it.
Speaker 1: A season desist letter. Jerry's other You're not allowed to talk about it anymore. Got back to the episode showy, Yeah, why not. I gotta go to the dens and get my tooth through it.
Speaker 3: Bit the scrubs mentioned. I thought, now, if this was made now, this episode, that joke would be a futurrama. Do you think taken away coming back? Take it away? It's been canceled up three times? That's true, Yeah, back again. They just having finally for this season. But Billy was telling me that they're doing a second season.
Speaker 1: This will be Billy West, dan Tho's close personal friends Billy West.
Speaker 3: Everyone knew Billy, but I know that sounded really douchebaded.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean that. It didn't. I'm being unnecessarily dog myself, but the government.
Speaker 3: I'm not looking for her anymore because she faked her death and she always just wants to be his mum. She just wants to back in his life. And Homer says he won't let himself get hurt again, and he won't even digest the pie that she cooked for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that looked painful. Also, I think Glenn Close is a good enough actor that you kind of do buy Oh, yeah, that you buy it. Yeah, that she makes her a good mother though, no, no, but make she.
Speaker 3: Wondered whether she knew she was dying and she was coming back to sort of just try and get it didn't feel like a we didn't know why she died. Yeah, it just felt like natural causes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think Glenn closest is talented enough to do a lot with a little and you know, the material that she has here to go to convey a bit of regret and a bit of I could have done things better and jin acting. To quote my man John Love, its to quote my man John.
Speaker 3: Yes, did you know he beat up any dick I've never heard this. He's got two most the two things you've been most known for hitting any dick, and that they're losing them. He's mad and I an't ripen their benefits. I've seen that meme shared like three. I was in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: I thought it was another dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thats just does yes, but mont of them shows the kids the baby photos of Homer and the really cute that he looked less cute and he lost his cuteness and she's just glad that he wasn't raised on television. I liked this for really. You think he's in front of the TV. No, he's in front of the fridge.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: This here is a moment though where you realize she's not a good but she wasn't a good mother. So she leaves because she has to chain hers up to a sub nuclear sub and she doesn't eve give him a hug. She just hugs and kisses, and he wants a hug and she just walks off and I'm like, you know, and then he hugs the KFC bucket. See she wasn't a good mum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we'll go over there and give a kid a fucking like she's putting her own political beliefs in her own what she wants, her own wants ahead of raising a child. Yeah, one might say she don't care.
Speaker 3: He loves it, but I like the you know, you left the whole and mean I filled it with food and I'm never fall Good line, good line. Yeah, Homer is now watching the SP's What.
Speaker 1: The hell are the Spies? It's like a sports award, okay, because the ESPN ESPN is a sports network, right, Yeah, so I think the SPS is like, ask ifp is a sports network.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask if it was. I phrased it as a rhetorical question.
Speaker 3: I put, you're like, SP's this pots network? Right? I thought you meant is it? I now I know what you're saying. Sorry, okay, I took it wrong.
Speaker 1: My bad. We may have some indoor kids listeners who like ESPN like the is that a Mayo brings? Then in.
Speaker 3: The War show, I would explain what Lance Armstrong was there.
Speaker 1: Indeed, now what I've written here is good supporting acting work by Glenn Close. Bad came by Lance Armstrong. I didn't think he was all that great. Also, Lance Armstrong, I don't know history has shown him to be kind of an iffy person.
Speaker 3: It happens, so wait till these Diddy List comes out.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I think even we're going to be on the Diddy List.
Speaker 3: Remember Hollywood, it's gone now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember that last fifty years of arts and entertainment you enjoyed it. It's stricken from the record.
Speaker 3: Kevin Spacey sit back going.
Speaker 1: He's losing his reputation and I am reaping the benefits. Andy, Yeah about like hit list and ship list? People who have we done it? Andy Dick reference this week. Okay, go.
Speaker 3: If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcast, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dando for a little It's one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash Fourthinger Discount. I loved pozzy bear here rips the popping off and it's just a hand Why up, Michael, wake up? Yep, and the homework for give her though or accept her tucking. He's basically saying, no, I will not do this.
Speaker 1: That looked like a really good tuck in.
Speaker 3: It did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate been tucked in. Oh I have my feet being tucked in. Yeah, you're a foot outside of the Car's got yet? Same here?
Speaker 3: Yeah I can't. I literally cannot sleep with my feet under the bake. Its just I get hot.
Speaker 1: Yea to start with the lease, I've got to have a foot outside, Yeah, at least one foot. Yeah, I don't care if Gremlin gets it.
Speaker 3: But then during the night he feels terrible, so he makes her a card and it says been a real turkey. Goes downstairs to give her the card and he finds her dad on the chair.
Speaker 1: Actually that was a really sweet the fact that this kind of dopey guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but heartfelt like he made the effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been a real dourky. Yeah I did the hand turk in all that and something. It was like, yeah, that was it was affecting.
Speaker 2: I feel terrible. My own mother reached out to me, and I rejected her. I'm going to make her a code.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 2: Are you asleep?
Speaker 1: Asleep with your eyes opened? Mom?
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 3: So at the funeral home, and Grandpa says he was considering dancing on the grave, but now he's not going to.
Speaker 1: He's just too sad. He's wearing his tap shoes. Is Yeah, forgive me if I am not up to speed with previous Mona episodes. But the three dudes on the other side of Homer and grand paying attention to them, there were like three guys. I'm wonderingly, are these like former Are these like ex lovers or something? Oh I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I'd have to go back and check. I'm not too sure. Yeah, I wasn't really paying attention honestly. But home is now at home now with the urn. He feels bad of me to it before he passed away, and but then tries to cheer him up because you didn't suck that bad.
Speaker 1: Really that bad? Not that bad? You take away?
Speaker 3: You can get it now, is it Mo's? And Karl says, you know it's important to make peace with your loved ones. Then he calls his mum, but she wants to talk to Carl he was her son too, and she says goodbye, I love you or whatever, yes and out the quickie mart and Hermer asked what happens to you when you die? And he says, manjul is gonna sell his saw die hair blonde and marry his cousin. But you get here a little bit of a band between Flanders and a pooh here oh for crown out loud.
Speaker 1: People aren't mice.
Speaker 2: Oh what a surprise, jor Jesus Junior is gonna set us all straight. Look, Homer, people don't come back as anything except for our Lord who came back as bread.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: It's it.
Speaker 1: That's the thing with your religion. It's a bummer. Even the sing along No, the sing alongs are rooky.
Speaker 3: Marge then found finds the box of Monus things and it's got a video Will in there by Gary's video Wills the same guy he didn't make his birthday party and he had to fight with his girlfriend there and she leaves Bart the knife. Lisa, her rebellious spirit. Actually want to touch on this happens throughout the episode. I feel like Lisa wasn't very Lisa like in this episode. For the last act anyway, because she tries to justify not climbing up the hill. Oh, that's right for grandma. She stole the necklet, the pearls, crystal rings and stuff, and I thought Lisa wouldn't do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this feels a little out of character. Felt a little out of character.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And Marge has the purse which is woven in hemp and it smells like concerts. Then she leaves home. A difficult task is to climb to Monument Park. Climb the highest point and exactly three pm release her ashes.
Speaker 1: I thought that's really fun for anyone, throw symbolic gests. Go this one sucks. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then she puts some animal whoopers at the end, just because she knows what he likes. Chimp on a toilet, Chip sounds so much better than monkey a chimp.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Chip, I just to watch him crazy crazy.
Speaker 3: I still haven't watched it yet, but I'll put it on the watch list for sure. Wonderfully traumatic they arrive at Monument Park. I will avenge you correct him. Oh, we just love being correct to sweet.
Speaker 1: We're always really glad when they're corrected, like.
Speaker 3: When Homer can be secastle and actually, yes, actually makes sense, yeah, but then stays behind. He's not going to be doing it at Lista tries bailing out and eventually she just lays down. Then Marge Omas says, the last one left. Marshes, I've got energy, and I've even got energy. Despare makes her piggyback. You're getting sweaty and I'm starting to slip off, so she bails as well. It's only fifteen minutes to go. So he starts climbing. I really like the reveal of him climbing down. That's but he gets to the top and you never knew me well, and if you did, because if he did, you wouldn't ask me to climb anything. And he sets the ashes free and exactly three o'clock does exactly what he want Mum wants him to do, and he goes straight into the missile guiden system and the launch is avoided.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I went.
Speaker 3: It seems like it's very extravagant, right because it's listally what ten minutes later they've just got to go on again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't break anything. It's like, I don't know, is this the Simpsons. Rid's being showing a little bit of conservatism or a little bit of even cynicism and saying all these grand gesses that you protests are making don't really add up a whole lot in the overall scheme of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's too.
Speaker 1: That is definitely maybe, maybe it's a possibility. I completely agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a way of acknowledging that the rainforest shouldn't be well, they should have viewer. Rainforests are getting sucked over by people like this. But also protests aren't really having that much impact, Yeah, which is kind of sad.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can plain it all you want, ye ain't listening.
Speaker 1: The bog of people don't care?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly right. So we get the worker here try to solve the issue, and he says, you think you're Monk? Monk said another show I never watch? Would I enjoy Monk? I never really watched Monk either.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like the guy who plays Monk, and I think it's got a good cast. But I think it's one those shows like Castle. Well you like white collar.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, that kind of thing that kind of it's Castle and white collar as yeah.
Speaker 1: Or burn notice yeah, yeah, which yeah, it's sort of become a bit of punchlines. But you know, I think when you reach a certain age, like well, I'm a little further down the track, but and you being like thirty five or what thirty five, thirty six, I'm thirty six now, yeah, you're in the sweet spot where it's just like I don't want to be too traumatized. I don't want to watch the Red Wedding every week. I think I just want to see James Spader sold some crime.
Speaker 3: I want to be the same thing, same structure, same template, and I want to know what I want to know what's coming. That's why the last season SVU is getting like depressing endings. I'm like, this is why I watched this show. I want to get the bad guys, the bad guys that I'm supposed to win. That's life, though I'm like, oh yeah, this is, but this show is not life. I watch the show to get away from it.
Speaker 1: I've got a lot. Yeah, I don't like going a television so I can escape that life for a while.
Speaker 3: But Homer slips on the urn. Here it lands on the missile and the workers shake it. You're supposed to like it, and he falls hurts himself or they have to hurt him because he didn't hurt himself. Yes, we come back and they give the ashes back in like vacuum vacuum yet and I don't want to back because she's to me, she's nothing but trouble and revealed here that it is actually mister Burns and he's using the rocket too, as we said, disposed nuclear waste into the rainforest. But Homer says he has to leave early next those days. By the way, why I've got you here? Now the system's operational again, so it's just like, what was the point of all this?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 3: They can just get it back up again. But home's like the little prison bar throws him the knife, So it's all sort of like coming forward circle the will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except look it's dumb asking it picky, but it's lends in his head. How's how's he get it out of his head? And then other knife in the head. Yeah? It was stupid, wasn't it. I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: I never liked that. They do a lot with mister Burns, just the unrealistic body morphing and what can we move on from that? But he sees the chain and cinder block. What could I make out of those two things? He's like, was it hanging off his nipples or something?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever.
Speaker 3: But then Marge has the hamp bag. She burns it, which, as you've already that wouldn't work.
Speaker 1: It's going to get you.
Speaker 3: But Lisa turns it, but burns it by getting the diamond that she took from her nightstand.
Speaker 1: I thought, whatever.
Speaker 3: But then the workers that get high and we just have your fingers a legs for your hand of a I just high talk and he takes out seven of them because birds and the higher ten people. Two of them all away, and one is.
Speaker 1: One of Jewish and has to sleep early before. Is that a thing. Yeah, that's where you're not allowed to do anything from our Jewish friends. Forgive me if I'm messing this up. I don't think you're allowed to do like anything from sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday. It's like you're not allowed to go on if you're devout, if you're an Orthodox Jew.
Speaker 3: According to law, shabbit is observed from a few minutes before the sun sets on Friday evening until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night or an hour after sundown. So you can't work.
Speaker 1: You can't work you can't like you can't travel in a car. Really apparently all this stuff this is I think this is a very heavily orthodox or if you're about you okay, good way good because getting out of work and Friday night work, can't it absolute? Someone's converting nice nice one.
Speaker 3: But so then we get the the brick so uses the defender on the workers, as we said, that'll do a brick babe reference. And then he accidentally activates this self destruct but he escapes using the parachute. So is everyone else in there dead? Now?
Speaker 1: I have no idea what happened.
Speaker 3: It's just it's not the wis didn't it? But we get a nice ending note to Homer adds water to the Ashually, I wanted to the ashes to bring it.
Speaker 1: Back to life.
Speaker 3: That's not how it works, Homer. At least it says she will uh. The Homo says she'll live on forever in our hearts because of what you did here today. And then we get a montage just various clips from the show of her appearances, and we get a new clip here of Homer wanting extra sugar on his cereal and she says no, because you're sweet enough.
Speaker 1: That's a nice memory. And then he also just tastes it anyway spoonful of sugar because he's Homer.
Speaker 3: Yes, as the end of monat leaves are. So it was a nice It was a twist on an appearance because she appears for like what two minutes.
Speaker 1: She's not in it long, but she makes a good impression. Is in it?
Speaker 3: Glenn Close isn't in it, but the character by Ashes is in it.
Speaker 1: Her spirit is throughout it. What do we learn, Bomber, That's what.
Speaker 3: You learn from the episode, mister Davis.
Speaker 1: This may be a controversial position, mister Dando, but building her own beer is for suckers. It's for chumps. Go with pre built.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're good at your ikea bears, do not stuff a hardback, do not build a bear flat, and always buy your shit preassembled or get someone to wear a task of that shit.
Speaker 1: Otherwise you will lose the respect of your girlfriend. Oh wait a minute, Oh no, I didn't mean to say when you can't do.
Speaker 3: It, it was too late for Nickols. She'd already married before she realized I couldn't put a shelf on the wall. So I learn they should be that kind of thing in dating. You used to have like a.
Speaker 1: Your manly skills. Yeah, you have to run through a series of tests.
Speaker 3: It's like, describe the difference between a flathead and a Phillip's head screwdriver.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, flat isn't that tasty? Fish?
Speaker 3: I learned that I wasted way too much time in front of the television. I should have been sitting in front of the fridge.
Speaker 1: Could have be looking at the colonel, the glorious face of the colonel all that time, him just staring back down at you.
Speaker 3: Can you remember the first time you had a major franchise takeaway like a McDonald's or a KFC.
Speaker 1: I have memories.
Speaker 3: My earliest memories of McDonald's is the super size. I have a super sized thing going, and now obviously you can't do it anymore, damn you, Morgan. But super sizes used to be a thing in the strade for a little while. I just sort of it, come and go, come and go, overgoing supersize, super sized, and was like, you don't need it, super size, you don't need it. You're fatty.
Speaker 1: I thought you're a bad instead of supersized, Mama thought you were going up to the concer superzars motherfucker excuse me, but yeah, I'm trying to remember. I don't think it was McDonald's. I think it was probably KFC or Kentucky Bright Chickens. We used to call it, and we are now calling it again.
Speaker 3: It's still yeah, which makes me happy.
Speaker 1: It does indeed look like it's fried food.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like KFC is the one major franchise that aren't afraid to go We're not good for you.
Speaker 1: You don't care, you love it. Not to shill another podcast or anything or YouTube channel, but friendly Jordie's Yeah. Astrain comedian has been doing a lot of so and so workers Confess your sins, and KFC's workers sins are so much He's done two videos on them. It's like he hears some real horror stories from what the what the kids get up to, working into with the working for the colonel, not washing their hands, that kind of thing. Oh yeah, but also you know, oh, there's a lot of oh and s issues, But there's also yeah, it's just bad management. Also just terrible, terrible hygiene. It's like, I don't care, I don't care. I love it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I look at them when I'm in the drive and I'm waiting for the food, and you see them whipping your food together, and you go, you didn't wash those hands. Why aren't you wearing gloves? Oh there's chip saw smush on the floor.
Speaker 1: You look, ok, you twelve and you take the first butte of that zinger. It's like, oh, listen, then from this day forward, your name will be all right.
Speaker 3: It is the Guy Davis New Name Championship for season nineteen. I think we've pretty much conceded who the winner is.
Speaker 1: It's going to be his name is Jeered. I love if he has.
Speaker 3: Never listened to the South Lie podcast and has no idea what's going on?
Speaker 1: If that would just make my why have they made this dumbas song about why the name Jeered? What are you taking the pit? I won the championship.
Speaker 3: I've won it, damn it. But they Currently the board stands at this in first position Jared Hornby on twenty five points, in second position, Phil Hawkins on fifteen, and third Adam Wolhouse on fourteen points.
Speaker 1: This week, okay, first point one point goes to Adams two ashes.
Speaker 3: David Bowie reference.
Speaker 1: I would imagine times too. That would be One might also say a biblical reference just a pre date. David Bowie. Mon, it's like Bible did it, Babel did it. By the way, that's a shout out to something we'll be doing just at while speaking of south Park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you've never checked out the south Park podcast, we're about to record our review of The Simpsons already did it, so maybe you will want to check that one out.
Speaker 1: Least you'll find that everything is connected. Yes, so that makes that is David Nelly, Dave Nelly.
Speaker 3: What has Dave done to get that cut? Isn't it like ram mc nelly. Oh yes, ram My Nallie David Nelly. So he has got now two points one, I'm Dave.
Speaker 1: On your Dave two points. Well, Dave got two points, but these two points go to whoever gave us she's leaving Homer Beatles reference made in my heart that or woman. Let's see who it is. His name is Felip. His name is Argus, but we're not going.
Speaker 3: Philip Hawkins now on seventeen points he is, You've got one episode left and he's eight points behind. I think he's up shit without some sort of a paddle.
Speaker 1: As the saying goes, the math ain't methon at the stage.
Speaker 3: Well, he's claimed second position. You can only tie now Adam gets Oh, Adam will at three points? You actually continue? What's the next week one?
Speaker 1: That's right because I'm still give three points, and I'm giving three points to let her dope.
Speaker 3: That is not Adam Willhouse, that's Rach Beasley on Rach.
Speaker 1: Rach has made a bit of a run.
Speaker 3: She's on five points now. I think it's like three consecutive.
Speaker 1: Times retail end of the season on your rage.
Speaker 3: Three point to two Rach Beasley. So we've now got Jared Hornby still on twenty five. Phil Hawkins now second on seventeen points, so he's three points ahead a third one episode left, which means he can only tie now for third if Adam comes hard with her three point of next week.
Speaker 1: Come hard with the three point of next week, and we'll see what happens. Keep coming hard, you'll be fine. But it looks like it's Jerry.
Speaker 3: Have you looked at what the finale is of season nineteen the Simpsons? I leave that kind of thing to you. Okay, well, I'll look at it right now.
Speaker 1: It is cool.
Speaker 3: Well, it's called all about Lisa. Normally that would bother me, but I'm going to know.
Speaker 1: We've had at least one episode lately that was Lisa centric that I don't think either of us minded. Either of us thought it was.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I've heard. I actually have memories of this one. I think, I think I enjoy I just looked at the description. I'm pretty sure this is a good episode. Normally, the finales, they usually end with a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well I'm not going to look. I'm just going to go in completely blind. Yes, okay, so impartial.
Speaker 3: The next season nineteen episode of four Finger Discount, we shall be reviewing the finale of the season. It is all about Lisa. But before that, you're going to be getting a classic review next week, and we're not going to let you know what it is until it's released.
Speaker 1: Crass spirit thingers, which means we haven't the satgy, don't show what's behind the curtainer.
Speaker 3: The cameras are off for a reason. Said you wouldn't keep looking at it.
Speaker 1: You were the one who did spirit fits. You were like really hamming it up on the camera.
Speaker 3: You're my one man on the one man's show for you, you're my audience.
Speaker 1: Okay, then I'm not directing anything to you. I'm directing of the black screen.
Speaker 3: You're in an amazing talking crusty, evil, crusty doll over there that we're going to be talking about in the next episode as well, talking Krusty. Our friends at Headstart Toys they send us a bunch of Simpsons stuff to talk about and show off. When you say us, hey, you do a show of your kids mine? Are they unbucks this, I'm like, yeah, sure, whatever, as long.
Speaker 1: As it's free.
Speaker 3: We did the mo Phone and it's actually funny, a little bit of a tease for nerd Daddy's a channel that I do on YouTube of the kids, So subscribe to nerd Daddy TV and we recorded our video of the mo phone. So basically you can have two modes. One is you just dial a number and mo talks to you. Or the phone rings just haphazardly and you've got to answer it and Moe talks to you. Has the prank phone calls.
Speaker 1: I never realized how not suitable for children. Ah, it's the Simpsons is we're doing it, and it's like the Simpsons and the kids now be walking to a house going.
Speaker 3: My crutch, my crouch. Anyone seen my crutch? Please, And Nicholas like, what are you saying?
Speaker 1: I said, it's that stuff? Is that phone? Yeah, Amanda, I can kiss. And I was like, oh shit, it's not at school. That's gonna just step in and with a stupid face or whatever came my old but and I'm like, oh, this is not what I had in mind. Well, see it's cats and the cradle stuff. Man. Yeah, don't mean my mum banned me because you were straighten around the house with a knife. Yeah, Bart Simpson style.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, I kind of get why mum banned. Put the sisters on now and go ah it, she is scratchy, not suitable for three year olds.
Speaker 1: Anyway, when you're coming home dad, I don't know, we'll get to get the thing.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to our review of Mona Leaves. Next episode will be a classic. Then we're going to be doing the finale all about Lisa. But for now, mister Davis, any final words for those amazing listeners out there, Well, we
Speaker 1: Hope you've enjoyed this episode of four Finger Discount because I'm like, mo, we don't like creating disappointment.