Speaker 1: Good evening, thanks for joining us tonight. We're gonna get started here in just one minute, all right, I show seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: And uh, I don't know, I don't know if you guys are ready for this yet, but uh this is something. Uh there's something a friend of mine maid, so I hope you enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Here we go, wisdom signal.
Speaker 4: The third game back in my Dad wasn't all the same. And those you two coats, they've all sold out. Beside hand chorus, sparm, scream and shout of side, crying on the bath and comelay eating bound. The crisest things ain't going ass playing Saddam always in a jam, turns down and there you are just a sad damn CB ain't real radio?
Speaker 1: Okay? Was that whole thing without sound because it was it was playing on this side. Strange that it didn't have any sound. It totally was playing on this side. Huh, what do you know? Well there's Kyle Finny. Okay, all right, well you know what you know what I say about live stream streaming, Right, guys, if you've never messed up anything on a live stream, then you haven't actually live streamed. So let's okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: There's that.
Speaker 1: Can you hear me? Part of it was no sound. Just the end was sound. Just the end was sound. All right, I wonder, Okay, I I heard the second half. I should have heard more than that. I think I know why. I think I know why. All right, I got to play this for you guys. Okay, let's let me say tell me if you hear this. Okay, that's too high.
Speaker 5: They're crazy.
Speaker 1: Ooh war.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I tuned in to the chatter on Friday, let's say night open for some wisdom or a signal soul. Right, but all I heard was grumbling, a low frequency jam. Every channel's crowded with sad Ham, Oh, sad Ham, crying on the band, complaining about the prices. Things ain't going ass playing sad Ham always in a jam. Turned the down and there you are, just a sad Ham. These new rigs are pricing just a corporate game. Back in my day, it wasn't all the same. And those YouTube folks, they've all sold out. The sad Ham chorus hero scream and shout, Saddam crying on the bath, complaining about the ristest things ain't going as playing sad Always in a jam turns down there you are.
Speaker 1: What do you think your sister played on YouTube?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, yeah A friend of mine did that for me, and uh, I was like, yeah, I gotta play that on it, but I got I gotta be selective. I've actually had that for a while and I'm like, I gotta play it on the live stream, but I don't want to play it before the wrong guest because I don't want to. Okay, well, at least it sounds working, Okay, okay, all right, geesh, So what's going on?
Speaker 7: Nothing, let's have it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it is Sunday night and I haven't live stream for like two weeks. Man, it's been Uh it's it's deer hunting season.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I had a busy October and uh all kinds of stuff. So yeah, glad to be back in the shack.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: So what what do you What are you guys up to?
Speaker 7: Uh, same same deal. I mean, I haven't live streamed in a while. I'm thinking about going live on Thursday. I got a topic that I want to cover, so I don't know be watching for that. So I got a video coming out. We uh put anew what we tried. We kind of failed so just a little le FYI I'm got I got a bunch of video of us trying to put this thirty foot yagi on a sixty foot beam or I'm sorry, a yagi on a sixty foot tower and we failed. So I've got a whole ton of video on how.
Speaker 1: How how did you fail not to do it?
Speaker 7: Not to do it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you just not bolt it up correctly?
Speaker 6: Or no?
Speaker 7: We so I hate to give out the the That's okay, you know what we did, but we got it up there, but we had some set had some issues, so you're gonna have to watch the video, all right.
Speaker 1: That's that's fair, that's fair. What's up, Tim? Thanks for being here, buddy. Let me do a shout out to all the YouTube channel members say I'm off my game because that whole sound thing down. Douglas V Amateur Radio. He was in there earlier. Andy Kelly was first. Gf Odale was in there. Good evening, Tom W B seven O U T. Saw you in there earlier too, Ed A C three I K. Jason Perez. Let's see forty five autos in there. Digital Warlock W five wn R. That's a new name for you. Dude Cooley is in there. Let's see who else? Uh, coolie again, Skeeter K seven t r D. Thanks for being here. Jerry N eight O w V Jerry Simonowitz and let's see Jason again. Forty five auto. Several of you guys in there. Okay, Yeah, thanks for the support. A Jeff A for BC.
Speaker 3: Good evening.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the support, guys, appreciate that. And yeah, we're kind of kind of waiting on Frank here. We're going to talk about how to not chop your finger off at a PoTA outing here in just a little bit. And I've I've created an Amazon list here that I'm gonna put some stuff and we're gonna be talking about that. A couple of quick announcements here. Okay, I'm I'm I'm a little bit out of out of order tonight. But hey, I haven't live streaming in three weeks. I'm rusty.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Everly Stock has a brand new affiliate program that they let me sign up for it, and I have a coupon code at the coupon code is just an affiliate code. Right now, they have a bunch of coupon sales running right now. Black Friday end of the year holiday sales everly stock some of the best most well made bags and packs you'll ever see. You're gonna pay for them because they are made mostly in the USA and they're just fantastic. But if you guys have any interest in that at all, there's you can see right here it says Jason's favorites. Those are my picks. The Switchblade right here. That's my my EDC carry pack right there. And this gun runner I've got down here at the at the hunting Lease. That's what carries my rifle at the hunting Lease. In this fact tack fact track, I'm I've got my ftd X ten in that one right now. They just came out with a new one called a Romad. I picked that one up so you can see a video about it soon. But really great, well quality made packs and also red Oto reached out to me a week and a half, a couple of weeks ago something like that, and they're gonna be running sales periodically throughout the year as well. Throughout the rest of the year as well, and they'll have certain coupons that pop up. You can sign up for their email list or their text messaging list and get additional coupons with that, but we have a permanent coupon from now to the end of your ham Radio ten. Hem Radio ten will get you ten percent off of everything on red Odo from now until the end of the year. So they email me and they're like, hey, you're one of our best affiliates. We want to give you a special coupon code. They probably did that for everybody really, but they're they're easy and fun to work with. They're great, great people over there at red Odo. And so you guys go check that out link to the both of those that's in this in the chat, and I will put those in the description after the live stream ends. So I don't know where Frank is, but we're just gonna go without him. So so I wanted to do I hit up Kyle shortly. So Kyle, I'm gonna let you tell your story there. It's not a not a big deal. I don't think I did watch your video. What's where you recorded that video about the pack and the river behind you? Where were you?
Speaker 7: There was a place called the Holla in North Carolina and just south of Bryson City along the not a Holla River.
Speaker 1: Not a Hola yep.
Speaker 7: It's big whitewater rafting class two and three rapids. Well maybe just one and two. But anyway, I went there after Huntsville and just spent a week there, just you know, sitting along the river literally drinking beer and wave into the rafters.
Speaker 1: That's what I did, not a haul. It reminds me that that line from Office Space samir not not not gonna work here anymore? Parts car right side parked car. Oh wow? All right? So so, so Kyle was Kyle is gracious and uh benevolent enough to cook lunch for hundreds of people for the last three or four years at Montesano State Park on the Friday before the ham Fest, we set up and do a poda thing and even though the ladies have actually cooked the last two years, but Kyle's kind of in charge of everything. So Kyle's good at coordinating stuff like that. But he cut it. But that wouldn't was that on Friday that you did? That? Was it the night before?
Speaker 7: So the night before?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 7: It was Thursday.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that we were at my campsite when you did that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were, yeah, yeah, we're slicing onions yep, and yeah ouch, right, yeah. So, I mean the story goes. You could probably fill in between the lines whenever if I'm not telling the story completely. But I sliced the crap out of my finger. I was cutting an onion and had my finger in the wrong location and sliced right through the onion. And it went through my finger too, And it didn't go through the finger. I mean it went through the finger, but didn't cut the finger, right, I've got all of my fingers here, But it it puts I want to say, Jason a c K. I'm sure that it probably put a I want to say, a half inch maybe three fourths of an inch gash in my finger. I mean it was, it was deep, and it was big, and it bled. It absolutely bled like you wouldn't believe. And you know, the whole thing with the the topic tonight. I had an emergency kit in my trailer, but my trailer was you know, a side over, and so you know, we sat there and we stopped the bleeding and I wanted to go get my emergency kit. Well, everyone else, you know, kind of brought their emergency kits. And I think Jason had come over and you know, him being the boy scout that he is. You know, he's like, here, let me look at it. And I showed it to him. He's just like, you don't have the right stuff, son.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much exactly how he sounded.
Speaker 7: He's just like, I'll be right back. So then he came over and I'll let him kind of tell the story after that. But I mean he sprinkled this pixie dust on my finger. That literally was like, you know, it's like men in Black the whole the moon went way.
Speaker 1: Oh, but yeah.
Speaker 7: I did a video on my channel about you know, I had had an emergency kit, but I went through the kit and like literally with a new set of eyes, tried to figure out is this something practical that I need in this kit? And is it old? Is it expired? Or if it's in the kit, will I know where it is in the kit? And can I get to it with one hand because the other hand I was trying to make my fingerclot right. Can I get into the kit and get into whatever I need with like a first hand retrieval and get it to you know, wherever I needed to get to with one hand and get it get you know, first did applied? So I determined that I did not have the right stuff in my kit. I mean, I had a kit, but I just didn't have the right stuff.
Speaker 1: I had a kit too, I keep a kit in the back of my truck, and the I have a molly panel on the back seat of my driver's seat, the backside of my driver's seat. And but there was two or three things and we're gonna talk about here in a second that you guys had that. I'm like, you know, I don't have that, And I've always thought it would be a good idea. And I haven't bought this yet, and I'm pretty sure you can legally buy both an EpiPen and narcan. And I've always thought, you know.
Speaker 8: I think you can buy a Narcan. I don't think you can buy an epipan.
Speaker 6: We cannot do an EpiPen without a prescription.
Speaker 1: See, I thought it was the opposite of that. I thought I'd looked that up and I'd found EpiPens, but not narcan on Amazon or on the internet. But you might be right. I don't remember, it's been a while since I looked. But I I mean, why the hell would you not want an EpiPen to I mean, I don't have I don't have you know, I don't. I'm not. I'm not going all John Travolta in pulp fiction on anybody. But you know it's I got a stabber in the heart three times. But uh, you know, I mean it, it'd be a good I mean, you never know who you're camping with. Man and peanut allergies are a real thing, and allergies to other stuff. For real, somebody gets bit by something that they have an allergic reaction to, you know that that might be a really good thing to have in your kit.
Speaker 8: And those are also expensive, they are.
Speaker 1: They are expensive, Yeah, I remember there. I think I looked them up at one point in time. They were like two hundred dollars. And the only problem with that is I think they expire after a year or two, So if you don't use it, then you just basically lose that two hundred bucks. Yeah, anyway, So but yeah, but but the the clotting stuff that you had, and the pixie dust as you call it, and uh, and the glue, I didn't have any of that, you know. I had a bunch of gaus and band aids and hydrogen perox side and.
Speaker 9: And and also what was sorry, I didn't mean to cut you out, cha, No, go ahead, go ahead. So and what was amazing about the wound and the way that it got dressed was, you know, Jason dressed the wound and he you know, put the dust on it and you know, let him explain what was going on there.
Speaker 7: He dressed the wound, and I felt a little fainty.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: I had to get a little bottle of water, and I was just like, I need to sit down. I'm gonna yeah, I'm gonna feign, but I'm okay with you know, blood. But you know, whenever it's your blood and you're you know, you've got something going on, it's a little different story. But you know, I I looked at that that gash, you know, twelve hours after and I was just like, wow, I'm I'm one really lucky, and two that thing is going to leave a scar, right, It is gonna huge leave this huge scar down the riddle with my finger and literally yeah, I mean you guys can't see it, but there's no scar whatsoever. After Jason dressed that wound and said, all right, in twelve hours, take your bandage off, clean your bandage, and like, give that thing a good scrubbing. With soap and water and then rebandage it and you know, keep it clean and whatnot. He's like, it'll be brand new in three days. Sure enough, that bandage came off in like two and a half or three days, and it was like, you know, you could still see the scar, but it had totally closed up. It had started to heal. And within a week that scar was I mean, the scar was there still there and it still had to heal, but I was using my finger like normal. I was typing and doing all the other things. So the stuff that Jason had that he's going to tell you about is amazing. Everyone should go out and grab some of the stuff because it is great.
Speaker 6: I had a pretty good first day kit when I was doing the search and rescue. Oh yeah, I had gloves, gauze. I did not have any click clock because they didn't want us to use it because we were prepping to get people out and that might hinder other things down the line. So we were just told to pack it, pack it tight, and wrap it around so it puts press aro on it. Because once we get to the ambulance, they might have wanted to reopen up that womb and they don't want to clear out anything. So we didn't do that, and but I stopped carrying it because one it's usually in the car, but since I've been going out and doing Podo lot, it's that whole backpack and everything stopped being carried around. But there was some pretty cool stuff in there. I don't have it on me right now.
Speaker 1: But well, tell us, is this the same thing? Is this what you're gonna talk about? Go ahead, Jason, you can, you can have the floor.
Speaker 8: Yeah. First of all, I gotta give a shout out to my wife. I was actually enjoying a beer and some conversation when she rolled up through the first aid kid at me and said, Kyle Cutty's finger off. Okay, So I had no clue this was even going on until that. But the product that you'll keep calling Pixie does is womb Seal. It's not quite the same as quick clock, but fairly similar. But I've been a huge advocate of it for for several several years.
Speaker 1: Isn't this the the one that you told me you you had, Kyle?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so is do you have something different Jason?
Speaker 8: The womb Seal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not this bleed stop brand.
Speaker 8: I can't see what's on your screen right now?
Speaker 1: Uh, you should be able to say, zoom is a virtual camp. You should be able to see what I'm sharing on.
Speaker 6: No, we just got you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we just got It's all we got.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, I can fix that. That's just on yourll side. Yeah, let's see. Okay, how about that right there? Yes, yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that is not the one I boughted. I've got the one that's let me make sure I'm not telling you wrong. Yeah. It's literally called wound.
Speaker 1: Seal, wound seal. Okay, that is it top left, top lest Okay, all right, So it's.
Speaker 8: A clotting agent. Basically, all it does is it creates the scab. But for you, it just does it instantly as soon as it comes in contact with the blood. We poured that stuff on it, and I told Kyle, I said, don't be alarmed. Literally, it's gonna look like I'm pouring dirt on your hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it does.
Speaker 8: It literally looks like dirt when it comes out of the tube. But we poured it on there. We stuck a two B two gulls on it, wrapped it up, and I just told him, don't open it up for twelve hours, let it do its thing after you you know, after that twelve hour period, take the bandage off, wash your finger, and rewrap it. And usually about three days you're good to go. And that that cut was deep enough it could have probably used a stitch or a team.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, Okay. I was judging that, Jason by if there was going to be a scar, you know, and if there was going to be you know, if I could look at it today and be like, yeah, the thing is still I can still see the scar. I should have went to the emergency room. I mean, there is I can't even tell. I mean, I know that it was this finger, but I can't I can't tell you know, where the uh the scar starts and stops because it's gone. But you're totally right. I mean, if if I had not like been so stubborn and be like, Nope, not going to the emergeny room, Gotta cook some onions, I think I probably, you know, should have gone to the emergence room but or gotten a couple of stitches.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that would be going to be about thirty thirty ish minutes or more away for where we're at right time, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, I mean it's not like that wound was going anywhere.
Speaker 8: So the nice thing about that stuff is, I mean you had a cut where you could actually close it back up. I have cut the tip of a finger before where there was nothing left to close up. I just sliced off a hunk of meat and using that wound seal it still got the bleeding stopped in short order, and same thing three or four days later. I mean, it's not healed, but it's enough that you can remove the bandage and lightly at least use that hand.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I'm a big fan of it.
Speaker 7: Well you may be a fan too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to put that one in. Put that one in my kid here. Then I probably should have bought all this stuff before now, but I want to do this live stream and pick Yall's brain more real time than what we were. Everything was kind of chaos that night. I did find bleed clot, the one that Kyle linked to me. I did find it for your pet also, so I would I'm probably gonna pick up one of these because you know, I usually have a lecture with me so and you know, so several other people have dogs with them.
Speaker 6: And it's how different that is versus the one for humans.
Speaker 1: You know, it's probably the same damn thing, just different packaging from marketing. So oh, now I buy one of each, you know, but you're buying.
Speaker 3: The same thing, you know.
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 7: Somebody commented on my video when I did it on my other channel about what about your dog? What do you have the right first aid for your dog? And I was just like, hmmm, uh no, probably not, but you know, so then I went down the rabbit hole of trying to figure out, okay, what are some common things, you know, and it's more paw related, right right, right right, they're gonna step on, you know, a goat's head or you know, something like if you're in a desert. There was a lot of snake bite.
Speaker 1: Right yeah. Yeah. And I actually got I don't remember where I picked it up. I think I got it from the dog rescue that Emily and I volunteer with is called Dallas Pets Alive. And at some point time, you know, we get stuff from them because we're we're fosters for them and we've done some volunteer work for them. Somewhere along the way, I picked up an actual dog first aid kit and I've taken most everything out of it and added it to my first aid kit. So I've kind of got some stuff from both kits in my main first aid my I fact if you were, if you will in the back of the truck. But so I've I've had stuff like that for a while. But because I'm always concerned about about her getting out there, I mean, the bad thing.
Speaker 6: Well, I was going to ask, do you have anything for pads just in case it gets too hot or cold that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't have anything like that. I've I've not faced that problem very regularly, but you know, like out at the hunting lease, it's been like in the eighties for the last couple of deer seasons. Started a week ago yesterday, so for the last two or three weeks, it's been in the eighties during the day. And my buddy Mike out there that hunts with this, he's like, he brought his dog out yesterday but not last weekend, and he's like, well, I don't like him rooting around for copperheads in the bush because it's it's not gotten cold enough yet for all the snakes to go in the ground in hybridation. So and I'm like, well, that's a good point. Even though there's not there's not really many snakes out there, but still the sentiment is there. I mean, you don't want your you don't want your dog getting into something. I mean, what if what if your dog has There's a bunch of scorpions out there, And while those are not poisonous or deadly, what if they have an allergic reaction to a scorpion or a beasting or something like that. So you know, you kind of want to be prepared for all contingencies. None of the stupid wasps have been crazy in north to just here at home and up there this year, just those wasps everywhere. Goy all right, Frank, you can go with your gup store.
Speaker 6: So this is probably something to look into. But having something for washed things and beastings, not just the allergic we asked just to treat the womb. I was at the park a couple of weekends ago with my girlfriend and there was a yellow jacket flying around and he got into my hair and those and a couple of times I was like, Okay, get away, and then I felt him flying again, and I took my hoodie and I was like slowly pulling it above my head to like, you know, encourage him to go away. And then I felt like something like I pulled my hair, he trapped him.
Speaker 7: That mother stunk me on the top of the hell. It hurt for the whole day.
Speaker 6: It was, Oh, but have something just general, because that's, to be honest, not the first time I was stung by a wasp, so I knew I wasn't in danger of any allergics. But I wonder if there's anything we can get to ease the pain. And also that's a good question, protect it other than a band aid.
Speaker 1: I was. I was. I never was stung by a wasp until like two years ago, and never in my whole life, never been stung by a wasp until two years ago. And I was out at the hunting lease and I always open up the shed and right inside the door, we keep a storage shed out there, and there's it's a double door, like an old barn door like that opens up like this, So you open up this side, then you reach in and you grab the handle and you open up the inside. As soon as I opened up this side, there was a wasp nest right there, and I heard it come down I heard it go with ZiT and it hit me right there in the shoulder, and I just was like ah and and I'm like okay. Well, and then I saw him flying around up there. I'm like okay, and I'm like, okay, I guess we're gonna I guess if my wife, you know, if I don't come home tonight and I die because of anaphylactic shock because I don't know if I'm allergic to these damn things or not, I guess she's gonna come up here and find me. But you know, it didn't hurt for more than like, I mean like literally five minutes, and probably wouldn't even that long. I'm like that was that was. It hurt for like a few seconds, then five minutes later I didn't even know it was there.
Speaker 6: My head hurt the whole day.
Speaker 1: Well, the head's a lot more sensitive. It depends on where you get stung, right, And then in at our family reunion just this last June, I was stung by yellowjacket. I was walking through the yard and I was and actually in my yard. I got stung by yellow jacket like a week after that, just because they they they they I don't know if they nest in the yard, or if they nest down low somewhere in the bottom of a bush. But you walk by him, and you know, they just they just think you're invading them. And I got stung on the on the on the foot or on the ankle twice, and those hurt for like ten or fifteen minutes. But you know, in the media part of the shoulder here, it didn't really hurt that badly, but that one on my foot kind of hurt. And now the yellow jacket was half the size of that that walks. But the good news is I'm not allergic because it didn't die from any of that. I didn't put anything on them. I just like kind of walked them off. And I don't know. But uh yeah, haven't haven't got it. Roberts in there talking about he got into some scorpions earlier. I haven't been stunn by a scorpion. Yeah, So knock on this is actual wood right here. I'm gonna knock on it. So, but something like a sting treatment like that is a good idea. Yes, huh.
Speaker 6: I see venom are removers for bee stings. I'm just doing some googling, but I don't see a lot of post treatment for a sting other than get the stinger out.
Speaker 1: For bees, yeah that's yeah, Yeah, that's on bees. You got to really piss bees off to I mean, you know, if you're trying to take their honey, I guess. But if they're just flying around you, they're not going to bother you. Generally speaking, wasps, they're just mean mothers. They're just mean, mean.
Speaker 6: Mother So Poto time says, wash the area with cool water and for about ten to fifteen minutes.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, if you're from the southeast, just put some nicotine on it.
Speaker 6: Everyone says, it's just drink more whiskey. Yeah, yeah, have any whiskey at the time.
Speaker 1: I've heard mustard. But that's for a burn, not necessarily for a sting.
Speaker 8: But keep burn jail in my first st aid kid in the art, because that's something that you're gonna run around when you're camping, or you're gonna run into when you're camping. Is somebody grabbing something hot out of the fire or off the grill. Yeah, so I'll always keep burn jail in that kit.
Speaker 1: Burn jail. Okay, now there's some of that right here. Okay, that's I'll add that to the pack just little packets of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've just got some they almost a little like a ketchup packet.
Speaker 1: To keepeah in mind. Yeah, yeah, okay, I've got some stuff like that in here. That's a good idea. Yeah, because you're gonna get you know, grab a pot uh pot handle or something like that. It's gonna be hot at some point. But I guess that's true. Freddy Max says baking soda and water that actually does work. Yeah, cigar smoke slows down beds, not wasps.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tried blowing cigar smoke at the one that was in my deer stand last week, and it didn't seem to that bead was he was like he was fast, little sucker like cheez But uh yeah, I mean, uh, I wish that cigars would repel you know. I like the sign that they have up. But Michael's that says, I use my cigars as idiot repellent. You've seen that one, Frank.
Speaker 6: I was. I was just there before the strings.
Speaker 1: I know, I got your text earlier. I was busy, but I just got home a little bit ago.
Speaker 6: I figured as much. I didn't know if you would be around, but are we ready for the next thing. I saw a good suggestion in the chat, Sure, go ahead, a CPR shield. So a CPR shield is a plastic device that you put over someone you're about to give CPR on, and then some of them have one way valves so you can only breathe it to them. Because when taking some of these CPR classes, and I actually had to do it one time, you don't know what happened, what caused him to fall over. He could be sick with something, or when you're doing CPR sometimes it causes the person to vomit, and you don't want that stuff coming into your mouth either. So those shields are these A lot of them are designed to have a one way valve so you can only breathe into them and nothing comes back on you. Or a couple of them are just the little plastic inserts so you're not mouth to mouth with some old guy on the ground. But yes, that was in my pack too.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's a good idea. Yeah, yeah, that's a really good idea.
Speaker 6: Did we already talk about tourniquets.
Speaker 1: We did not. Somebody in the chat I mentioned tourniquets are useless without training. I've actually through my sheep dog training. My church security group that I trained with a couple of years ago. They taught us how to use a tourniquet.
Speaker 6: You're not doing it right to the guy yells a.
Speaker 1: Lot, Yeah, that's go.
Speaker 8: Go to a stop the bleed class. Yes, yeah, I give them all over the country.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's what we had. We had to stop the bleed class. Yep, and by a guy who does that sort of thing, and he does training tactical medicine. In fact, I had talked I had talked to a tac med guy at one point time about coming onto my live stream to just to just to kind of go over some high level stuff. So I think that'd be I think that'd be time.
Speaker 6: It's also correct, to be honest, I've been taking CPR classes over about fifteen years now. The current revolution of this is less breathing, more compressions. But I've seen that go away and come back number of times. So it's up to you.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, Okay, you know what.
Speaker 7: Your favorite outdoors store might offer classes in first aid basic first aid. We've got a Saint Louis, We've got Ori, but we also have this place called the Alpine shop and they every month do just first you know, individual first aid kits, what you should get, how you should use the stuff in the kit, YadA YadA.
Speaker 6: Austly, if you wanted more advanced one, check out red Cross. I took a Red Cross class when I was in college two decades ago now, but they covered everything from splints to deep gashes to other things.
Speaker 8: Another good one is wilderness first Aid. Ever get the opportunity, yeah, take it?
Speaker 1: Does Canterbury teach something like that?
Speaker 8: I do not know.
Speaker 1: He's got some really really awesome looking classes, like like he's got intro to Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Bushment, Bushcraft, Wilderness, Survival, Building Sheltered. He's got a bunch of stuff, and man, I just if he was freaking closer than Ohio, I would have gone to two or three of those by now. I was just and I email him sometimes I'm like, dude, I really want to take your class, and he's like, man, just let me know when. I'll make sure you get a spot, and I'm like, I appreciate it, but it's just it's a two day drive to get there. Yeah, and I would want it. I would want to drive there because I would want my gear with me and whatever gear because he's got a list of gear at the at the bottom of the class sign up page. He's got a list of gear here. He's like, here's what you need. And I'm like, okay, I'm not bringing a bowie knife and matches and crap like that on a freaking airplane. So and I just I would prefer to drive anyway. That's just me. But but I really want to take one or two of his classes. I think that would be really really beneficial and fun to learn.
Speaker 6: The search group I was a part of do have Wilderness First, DAID do Regular one and also Advanced, which I never was able to get out to, and I kind of regret that because that would have been so much fun. Yeah out of forty five of course Technical Emergency Casualty Care class.
Speaker 1: Yes, pretty yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: I just google these Stop the Bleed courses. All of the ones in my area are at hospitals and it looks like they're they're taught by, you know, someone from the hospital staff, and they're all free.
Speaker 6: Really Stop the BEAD is a free class. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So the one I'm looking at here is at Mercy South Hospital, Saint Louis. It is from It's on eleven twenty four, so it's a Monday and it's four thirty to six pm. Free.
Speaker 8: It's worth it. The one I took was free, Yeah, yeah, but definitely worth it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And Frank try if they aren't screaming, you don't have the turning get tight enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ben Paul says Wilderness survival and cannibalism for dummies. Dude, Paul, you've been to Japan too many times, Buddy, I mean.
Speaker 7: For dummies.
Speaker 1: Know what he's talking about. Oh dude, that's great. Yeah, yeah. Do you guys, here's a good question. Do you guys renew your shirt training every three years? Do you guys have cert where you guys, Jason and Kyle, do you have shirt where you live?
Speaker 8: Nope, we have.
Speaker 7: Someone's gonna have to school me in the in the comments. We have certification classes for our ares and races. I don't know if that goes towards SERT or if it's another.
Speaker 1: A no, sir, it is community emergency rescue training or something like that. It's it's generally done by it's Ham Radio adjacent, but it's usually not a Ham radio club or group that does it. In fact, a lot of them use gmrs, at least in this area. That's how they do. The city of Grapevine, last I checked, does not have a CERT program, so it's something that the city has to sign off on. The City of Hurst has one. I think Bedford and US both have one. Two or three of the other cities around me have one. But last I checked because because Hurst was the Hurst Radio Club was working in conjunction with the Hurst Cirt Club there for a while, and they still might I don't. I don't know, but but at the time, this was three or four years ago, it was right before COVID, I think, and the City of Grapevine. I was like, I'm going to get involved with the city of Grapevine. They don't have a CERT program at all in this city. So I never really got involved in CERT because I was like, well, it's not I'm not gonna if something were going to happen, I'm not going to drive to Hurst to assist them. I want to stick close to home and be in my actually my actual community, in my neighborhood, and they don't they don't have anything like that here.
Speaker 6: I was looking to do something more, not just to the local community, and that's why I joined that search and rescue group.
Speaker 1: It goes, yeah, well and that's techs are right. Yeah, so that's Texas Searching k Yeah, totally agree, but that's that's also not CERT. No, they kind of overlap a little bit, but that's not the same thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm looking here. So the city doesn't have CERT training, but the county does, so okay, okay, Yeah, Saint Louis is kind of screwy that they've got. So I live in the city, but the city is also a county, and then the county is a county also, so you know, there's it's two different to two different counties. But Saint Louis County County has CERT and looks like they've got workshop classes Tuesdays and oh my gosh, Tuesdays and Thursdays from six thirty to ten every week. Wow. That seems a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does seem like a lot. I'm sure that the I mean, I'm sure it's not a new class every day, right, probably like four classes and then they start over again or something.
Speaker 7: Maybe.
Speaker 6: I think you have to take a number of different types of classes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true. I think the CERT training program was like I don't know, for six weeks. It was like one or two days, one or two evenings a week, a couple of hours for for for several weeks. I don't I don't remember exactly how long it was.
Speaker 7: But yeah, yeah, it's on, yeah, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thursdays is at the Forest Park Community College campus. Yeah, so yeah, it looks like they do have that. Yeah, interesting, sir.
Speaker 1: It is Citizens Emergency Response Team. I think I said rescue team. Yeah, Citizens Emergency Response Team. But uh, yes, sir, it is a lengthy Yeah. Oh, Izzo was a cert trainer, helpful for grants and other funding sources.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, nice.
Speaker 6: Did y'all also cover backup knives and scissors to have in your so?
Speaker 1: So there's a so I have scissors in my kit. I have these Madison Supply scissors. I've had these for a long time. I actually owned these, several of these, like this bleed stop and the burn gel and stuff. I've added this kid, I don't have this yet. I'm gonna go buy those after the stream.
Speaker 8: That would have been way easier. Just cut off the rest of his finger.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, Well, you don't want those, you want a good knife for that, Jason, my finger shurts clipping.
Speaker 7: Now it doesn't hurt anymore.
Speaker 6: Now you don't have a finger.
Speaker 1: Like that, like that scene from a major pain. I got something to take your mind off that painting your finger work every time.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So the scissions you were just sowing there on screen were fabric scissors that will cut through heavy, heavy material.
Speaker 1: It's made for cutting uh sorry, just the wrong screen. It's made for cutting off off like uh.
Speaker 6: Clothing, clothing, heavy material, slow jeans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, go through genes.
Speaker 6: And if it goes through jeans, you pretty much could go through anything. Yeah, that's a good thing to have. I also recommend having a backup ead C knife in your kit because you might lose the knife that you traveled with, or you wanted a clean knife or something. You can always have another knife.
Speaker 1: Can't have too many of those, right. Well, I'll tell you what these days, I've got flashlights coming out my years.
Speaker 6: Oh a flashlight flash.
Speaker 1: I've got flashlights every freaking wear. I just for some reason, I see a flashlight online and have to buy it. I don't know why.
Speaker 6: Uh, we now got flashlights everywhere before I did. They search a rescue group I hated the headlamps, but now I'm a I sing by that I would like amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like I don't like the headlamps either, but they are incredibly useful for setting up camp, setting up an RV, setting up deer camp, walking to and from a deer stand in the dark. They're incredibly useful if you if you need your hands to do something, putting gas in a generator after dark. Very Yeah, headlamps are worth their weight in gold for sure.
Speaker 6: And backup batteries for all your for your lamps that made lamps and if you can only buy ones that have the same battery type, so only double ships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. But we were We went to uh uh Carlsbad Caverns on vacation this year. We went to Big Ben. We stayed, stayed for two or three nights, and we went through Guadaloupe Mountains and UH and then Carlsbad caverns, all national parks and uh in Carlsbad Cavers. You've ever been there, Frank, Carlos Bad.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go down in the yes, yeah, you go down in the big caverns and it's all underground. It's nice and cool down there. So we get we we get in there and and uh, we're like, I don't know, twenty or thirty steps in and Emily's like, oh, I forgot we're supposed bring your flashlight. I was like, I got two of them. She's like, she's like, of course you do, talking about yeah, I've got two of them. Oh yeah, but yeah, so we act we activated those natural parks on that trip, and she activated all of them as well, and that's why we were there. But that was a fun trip to walk through those caverns as well.
Speaker 6: Those are a great place to go visit. I'm trying to think of what else. You know.
Speaker 7: One of the things that whenever I was going through my pack was to remove and refresh all of the things that had expired.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's good. I did to check it about about once a year, I'd say. In fact, I heard I heard one guy. There's a guy on YouTube called Marine X. He's actually here in the North Texas area, and he does he's a former marine, and he does like EDC gear, like all kinds of everyday carry DC gear, and he has a he has a pack that like an emergency get home pack that he keeps in his car, and he's got two of them. He's got one for winter and one for summer. He's like, he's like that way when you at the end of the summer, when you're changing out to your winter pack, you pull out your winter pack and everything that's expired, you go through it and you know, renew it, and then when you change it out to the summer pack six months later, you do the same thing the summer pack. So it's always a good idea to, yeah, go through that at least once a year and make sure you know any batteries you have. If you have batteries in flashlight, I don't know why anyone would buy a I don't know why anyone buy a flight. I mean, if I were going to buy a flashlight for a pack like that, I would that I was only going to get into every now and then I would buy a USB rechargeable battery. These days, yeah, you can get flashlights with eighteen six fifties and they're good flashlights and whatnot, But if you're not carrying that every day, I wouldn't put like a flashlight with a double A or a couple double as, or an eighteen sixty fifty and a pack that I'm going to put away for several months because more times than not, I've had those batteries explode, especially if you get the cheapy ones off Amazon. You have those batteries explode and it corrodes the contacts inside the flashlight or the little radio you have, and then it's ruined. You can't really ever fix it after that.
Speaker 6: I've put a little piece of plastic like they do on the new devices, So I unscrew them that piece of plastic and I screw them back so that lights has the battery they and it's not constant.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, or just keep it, keep a fresh set of double a's or eighteen batteries and don't put it in the device. So yeah, but but you know, simple things like that is a good practice to get into.
Speaker 6: Bill says to have a webcutter available and a glass breaker, so in your car. I think that was a good thing to have in your car and not in your pack because a lot of times these packs are in the bottom of your backpack, so they need to be in the center console.
Speaker 7: Yes, right, Well, well you want one of those, yeah, where you can get to it. So therefore, if you if you flip your car into a pond or a lake and your windows don't roll down, you can get the windows open after have you did? You guys? There was a date line where I they did like common how to get out of common? Not common, but like if you're in a in a situation, how to get out of it. And one of the things that I'll never forget this if you if you drive your car or your truck into a lake or a body of water and it starts to fill up and you can't push, you can't get your door open. It's because the pressure is different from the inside of the outside. So you literally have to let the cab fill up with water to a point where then you can equalize the pressure and then push the door open. And I'm like, that experience has got to be one of the worst where it's coming up and you have to let it go all the way up you can push, Oh my gosh, it's just like there's no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Did y'all watch MythBusters? That was something that they tested and they're like, this is the freakiest thing we've ever done, because, like you said, you have to literally sit there and wait for that air pocket to go all the way up the ceiling.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to let it get to that point. I'm going to get that door open.
Speaker 1: Just roll up, roll the window down, or break it.
Speaker 6: You know. Yeah, well a lot of that. You're going to be cancussed because you're going to go, let's say, forty five fifty miles an hour to nothing really fast. You're going to be dazed, and your point of opening that door is gone already.
Speaker 1: I've seen plenty of stupid people just driving the rivers for no reason. So I mean, yeah, it happens in Galveston every time the island floods, just people driving to people driving. Some guy in a freaking a Toyota or a pre not a not a truck, but like a like a little Sedan or a Prius or some crap like that, and they're just floating down there. I'm like, hey, it's a good thing you brought that little cartoon car out here, little the what's it called, the the little Frank lookalike car, but alsohire Sapphire lookike car. You know, to drive through a freaking flooded street down here.
Speaker 6: Is not running on batteries.
Speaker 1: True, true, Yeah, you drive a battery car through a river out.
Speaker 7: Goodness, now dancing on Pull three Sapphire.
Speaker 6: Y'all you're just jealous. She's beautiful and blue.
Speaker 1: No, No, we're really not. No, No, Kylin and I both have blue cars. No, we're not jealous, trust me.
Speaker 6: Oh what else? Someone said? It israel bandage or compress Those are good to have their their turna cake like, but they also provide a lot of pressure to the womb. So if it's a larger womb, that will help keep pressure on it constantly.
Speaker 1: I've heard of Israeli bandages, but I'm not sure exactly what they are.
Speaker 6: They're kind of like so they have a gauze and padding on the outside. So after you pack a deep womb, you put that on there, and they'll have butterfly wraps that you'll circle or you go up and over a couple of times. Then you can tie it tight on top of the womb and it will keep a constant pressure on them.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 6: Okay, So it's for a large gash or deep stat womb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, we'll add that to the to the kit here too, so.
Speaker 8: I keep my kits separated. I mean, I've got kind of basic everyday items, and then I've got severe bleeding. So I think about those as two different things.
Speaker 1: I would yeah, I mean if you if yeah, yeah, I would think that's two different things.
Speaker 7: Also, and you have different do you have different packs for oh you kind of answered my question, but for different locations, like would you have a car pack? And then you've got another pack in your RV that has different types of contents.
Speaker 8: So my truck has the major bleeding bag in it. And then I have two what I just call booboo kits that has the wound seal in them. It's got band aids, it's got aspirin, it's got a few two by two gullses. I mean, it'll fix a finger. But if you've got severe bleeding, we got to go get the bigger kit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So, and then I've got those. I've got the major bleeding components in various places. For instance, I've got one of those that stays on my range bag, so if we're going to the range, that's always with me. I don't want to have to go back to the truck if I need that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So do you have tell me if this is true? So you've got a pack in your truck that's got some major trauma things that that you keep in there, right, yes, in case you come across something that needs attention right away. But do you have a less severe kit like that Buba kit in your RV, because therefore you can get something on whatever you need to, you know, a wound or whatnot. But then you're probably gonna get to a point where it's safe, and then you're gonna get back. You're gonna get into the truck and then go somewhere where it's where you can get more attention.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I have one of the Booboo kits with the wound sealed and all that stuff I was talking about, both in the r V and in the truck.
Speaker 6: And in the house.
Speaker 7: Gotcha, gotcham.
Speaker 8: So I keep multiple because I might be in the truck without the r V, right right, so right, so I want that with me. But I also have one in the r V because if we're camping, that's the first place somebody's gonna go. Look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a good idea. I don't have one of those in my new RV. I should do that, So I have one in my truck. I figured that anytime I'm in the r V. I'm gonna be in the truck, so I just keep it all in the truck. But it doesn't have It doesn't hurt to have a redundant backup if something you can get to maybe a little bit quicker.
Speaker 8: Well, if I left in the truck and the wife needed something, yeah, yeah, there's a you know, there's another one there.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, true ha.
Speaker 6: Un till it hurts, don't. Yeah, it was just hilarious. Have y'all talked about also just things to have on your person, Like in my first day kit, I also have fire starters in there and water pure offiers, so if I do get lost, it's a self contained that I can also have, like kind of an emergency kit.
Speaker 7: Also, Well, you're talking about the ten things to go hiking or camp or yeah, right, your little ten things for hiking day hiking ten essentials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, we didn't really get into that. That's not really what we were talking. I mean, it's good.
Speaker 6: Good on my person first day kit because that's part of the emergency in my mindset. So that's where I put a couple of things in there for that.
Speaker 7: Along with your tube of preparation.
Speaker 1: H and his portable Sepa machine.
Speaker 6: Hey man, I can't sleep without that thing anymore.
Speaker 7: And yeah, you never tell.
Speaker 1: You're gonna take a nap, you right, You're obviously not drinking enough whiskey, Frank. But yeah, but that that'd be another that'd be a good Uh, that'd be another good episode to do, like a fire starters and uh, like a get home like I've got I've got like two get home bags. I've got to I've got two get home bags and I've got what I call and again I got these ideas from this Marine X guy on YouTube. Two get home bags. One of them is right here in front of me because I was going to do a video about it, but I need to put it in my truck. And I have a blackout bag. And what that is is it's a bag you keep in like a closet of your house so that when your power goes out, which I this is not a dig I promise you, but you know people in California with they have really the crummy power grid out there, and those brownouts and blackouts all the time, you have something in your bag where you can you know, you can have radios, flashlights, you know, some emergency water maybe some protein bars that kind of thing. But you have something and you know it's all just in one place. That way you don't have to go dig in through stuff through the house and blah blah blah this kind of thing. Yeah, So so I've got he's he's got he's like, got this blackout bag that he's like, this is what I keep in the house for when the power goes out, you know, big storm, crummy power grid, whatever, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 8: And instood a video online in September.
Speaker 1: For a blackout bag. Yep, okay, okay. I generally, I generally, uh, I get your I get your notifications about your video feeds. But I don't. Uh, I didn't see that one.
Speaker 8: But you don't. You don't watch them, it's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I watched them. I watched the ones. I get the notifications, and I watch the ones that I think will be interesting to me sometime in the next forty eight hours. I like the APR S ones. Man APR S ones are really good. Yeah, and uh, I like the one about your uh your your your MA expedition go bag for your was it an FT five or FT three? Your FT three radio? I copied that one and I gave you credit in my video. I was like, this is a great idea. I'm gonna do this myself.
Speaker 8: So no, I did that during National Preparedness mont Ah.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, what month was that?
Speaker 1: I think I remember September.
Speaker 6: I totally missed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, September.
Speaker 6: I usually go through and look at what's going on sale for text free weekend in Texas and see if I want anything. Usually that's when I buy the the tarp that I've probably ripped up by it last year. So yeah, tarps of steaks. Steaks never have enough.
Speaker 1: Steaks, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: He's always losing them, bending them given to someone and they never return it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: One thing I do need is a hammer. Not not in my first day kit, but I need a small hammer for.
Speaker 7: Everything's a hammer, Frank, everything that hammer, well, you're just not using the device to its full potential.
Speaker 1: You're gonna want to go to the grocery store and get that little hammer that's like that weighs like four or five ounces, because that would fit nicely in sapphire until you until you get it, until you get a real vehicle. I wouldn't put a hammer in.
Speaker 6: There, So well, I want to put it in the PoTA pack. So I want to hammer a steak into the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, what I've what I've started using is those uh those drill because I carry my uh my wireless drill with me everywhere. And and those drill ones that you can put in the ground with like a hammer drill. Those are those are cool.
Speaker 8: How do we go from first aid gets to hammer drills?
Speaker 6: Hammer drill?
Speaker 1: It's all adjacent. I don't know. Yeah, is all right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: I could be a hammer all.
Speaker 1: Right, Jerry, I I got a comment on on that, buddy. Okay, Texas Telly in California, they have a bad power grid. That's like the kettle calling the pot black.
Speaker 3: L o l.
Speaker 1: It happened not once, not unless the kettle is this big and the pot is the size of my freaking truck. Okay, So I can put the kettle. I can put the kettle in my pocket, and the pots the size of the truck. So yes, we had that thing, that Texas Snowmageddon. That was twenty twenty one. It was almost six years ago, and or almost five years ago, brother, Yeah, And in the fifty years that I've lived in this state. That's the only time that's happened. And yeah, we don't have regular brownouts here. That's not a thing because because they have, because the power grid is overloaded with stuff, so we don't. We don't. Never had that, never had that, so kind of not the same thing. But uh, but that's just me.
Speaker 6: California's do it to themselves. They're shutting off all their old file plants and coal plants and m all right, I'm done, all right, yeah, yeah, yeah we can.
Speaker 1: We can do another episode about powering back up. So well, Texas.
Speaker 8: Just as many electric vehicles not yet.
Speaker 1: Well that's true. Well the tests here now, Tesla is here.
Speaker 7: Now can say Elon's taking up residency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in in South Texas?
Speaker 7: There have you? Have you been to that.
Speaker 6: Boca Boca we're on? I want to? Yeah, I want to.
Speaker 7: It is huge. Now, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Do not know. I would. I would love to go down there. And the SpaceX launches take a place down on the coast to.
Speaker 6: Their test launches. Yes, they have regulars down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah we should.
Speaker 7: I mean, here's something a Jason here, Jason, that you're talking about. We should plan a trip we should plan a ham radio trip where we go down and we watch rocket launches and we activate PODA.
Speaker 1: We can totally do that. I mean, we can even get a special event call signed to do that. Yeah, and yeah, that would. I've talked about doing that with a couple of the guys up here in one of the local clubs. And yeah, I've talked about doing that before.
Speaker 6: But rocket lot's caught off today because unusual URF activity.
Speaker 7: How far is that from Dallas?
Speaker 1: I could I could get I could get to your house quicker than I could get there college.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that's down in like Brownsville, isn't it, Frank.
Speaker 6: It's southern. You get in Texas.
Speaker 1: It's probably twelve hours. It's probably twelve hours south of me. Yeah, ten to twelve, ten to twelve hours. I can get to Kyle's house in about six hours, seven hours, six seven hours, No, no, I'm sorry, nine hours, nine hours I can get Yeah, nine hours. I can get to Saint Louis. It's twelve hours to Brownsville.
Speaker 7: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Uh Freddie max In He's like, that's an awesome idea. I assume that's what he's talking about. Yeah, Freddie Max a couple hours about four hours north of me.
Speaker 7: You know what we maybe should do is we should nine hour drive okay, to.
Speaker 1: Brownsville to to star Base, oh to start Okay, Okay, So maybe it's not quite all the way down there then, but it's not down there. It's nine hours to port A, Ransas and to uh End and the corpus. And I thought it was further south than that, but I don't.
Speaker 6: Know exactly where it is Andre Island south Okay.
Speaker 1: So okay, so yeah, that's probably nine to ten hours. Then that's not quite as far as south as.
Speaker 6: Brown it's probably a level with Jason's driving.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, but maybe one year after Hamcassion we should go over to uh uh Cape canaveral right at your launch?
Speaker 6: Did you see the launch last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 6: I saw it from the field. There was a rocket launch during the yes vacation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we saw it. Yeah, we were all watching it. Yes, uh huh.
Speaker 6: I was just sitting down in the trading area. There was oh, how what did that happen? My videos all screwed up?
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: That's your OBSM. So all right, so first aid kits and stop bleed kids and now rocket launches. So that's all. That's all kind of in the same.
Speaker 8: Thing, right, don't forget the hammer drill and the averag drill.
Speaker 6: Solve in the world's problems, that's right, and some glitter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hell yeah, that's great. Okay, Well all right, well we got to get together with I don't want to talk about this right now, but uh the ham Caation guys did email me and they want to come onto the stream, and uh so we're gonna get them on probably in January.
Speaker 8: And but there are only three months out from ham.
Speaker 1: Cation, the four of us plus a couple others and who are who want to camp at hamp Cation. We need to get onto it. We need to plan a live stream and come back on here and talk about camping ham Cation plans for this. Uh this this upcoming February. So we will make that happen probably sometime in mid January, so you guys be prepared for that. And that's gonna be that's gonna be fun. I enjoyed the heck out of that trip last year. I really really did it. It was it was a fun drive to get there, it was a fun camping experience and not having to go to a crummy hotel at night when the Hamfest is over. And I really, I really enjoyed it, probably more than Dayton because everyone could camp there. You know, Dayton's such limited camping space, and I love my camping spot at Dayton. I'm glad I can provide that for everybody, but as a hangout spot anyway during the day. But it was a lot more fun to have more people camped kind of all in the same area at Hampcashon. I just really really enjoyed. And you know, it's it's forty degrees in Texas during that time of year. It's seventy degrees in Florida then, so that's nice too. I'm ready to get the heck out of the cold by the time February gets here. So so I'm looking forward to that again this year because I had I had a lot of fun with that last year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're gonna have to bring your Blackstone. I'm gonna bring mine, and maybe we can we can cook all of the meals at the campsite and just stay there the whole weekend. We don't even have to freaking leave.
Speaker 6: That's rotate chefs, though.
Speaker 1: That's almost what we did. Yeah, that's almost what we did last year. That's almost what we did last year because I had my Blackstone there last year. But yeah, absolutely, I'm I'm totally down with that. That's just that's just great. So yep. But yeah, Bill's in the chat. He was there with us last year too, so and those and uh it was uh, Tim, Bill, Frank and Rob with me and the five of us were in a camper I had rented. Those guys all all paid me for their share, and I reached out to them about a week or so ago and I said, who's in. You guys get first right of refusal, and all four of them they're like, yep, I'm in.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna have the same group. I'm gonna try to find a camper that actually has more than five beds. I try to find one. It's kind of hard to find one that has more than five individual beds, so at least someone that somebody wants to rent it to you. But anyway, so yeah, well we're gonna do another live stream about that upcoming. And I know that Brandon from BattleBox, he's he wants to come hang out with this over there. I don't think he's gonna camp there. I'm trying to get hangs Strange to come back. He was there, he wasn't there last year, he was there two years ago. So and trying to get some some other dudes out there as well. So KB five you two y Dave, he's recently become an r V er thinking about going full time, and he's in the chat now. He said, I'm gonna bring my big blackstone as well. So Dave is the other person, Jason that I was trying to. I was like, there's somebody else who told me they we're going to camp this ship. That's who it was.
Speaker 6: Just had owned the live stream talking about mestastic. I bet he'll be there with his computer in a line of people behind him fly can you flesh? And this and this?
Speaker 1: Ye ye this, that's good. Okay, all right, let's call it quitz. Thank you for joining us tonight that this was a fun stream. Appreciate everyone's time, Kyle Jason especially, thank you guys for taking the time out today. I know, Jason, I know your schedule is really up in the air. Kyle, what are you doing? You're doing some q SO party next weekend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sweepstakes a RRL sweepstakes Saturday three pm Central to six, well three pm Central on Sunday if you do twenty four hours, but you can do thirty six hours. So this is the contest with the really long exchange. You've got your section, your check, the year or the year that you were licensed, your call sign, and precedents, so it's a huge exchange. There's no signal report, but you might want to if you're want to get into contesting. This is probably not probably not the one you want, not the way you want to to, you know, dip your toe in. But if you do decide to dip your toe listen for a while and get the cadence correct on what they're they're talking about, and then go into the rules and figure out you know what your exchange should be, and.
Speaker 6: Then you know for your particular station.
Speaker 1: What's the what's the goal is just work as many stations as you can or correct.
Speaker 8: Okay, yep, Kyle, explain something to me. Yeah, you say you don't do a signal report. Every contest I've ever heard on the ear gives a five. Nine is a signal report, regardless they asked for six times for your calls on and the until you're a five to nine right right, Well, why do we exchange?
Speaker 7: I'll give you in fifteen seconds. This signal report is there in most contests. The only two contests you really don't exchange the signal report is NAQP and sweepstakes and a couple of other minor field day field Day, yeah, yeah, field Day. That's a good another good one. But anyway, whenever you say the five nine, that is like your cue to say the next thing that is going to be said over the air is the exchange. So it's that that Q And whenever you don't have it, sometimes it's a little crazy because you say the call and then you know the next thing is the exchange. Well, if you're looking for it then and you're an experienced contest, you know that you're not supposed to say the uh the signal report. You can you're already in that mode. But typically for other contests, you say the signal report to say, hey, here comes the exchange. The next thing I'm gonna say so, but it is I I hear you, Jason, I hear you loud and clear. Whenever you're trying to get through the ride, and everyone is five nine. But see that's just the I don't have a reason, that's just the way that you know. It was done before I was born, so right, right right, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The trigger word I listened to and when i'm when I hear are like okay, I'm ready to go is when the station says please copy.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Well even the most experienced contesters still get into that rut.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, guys. Well, once again, thank you for your time tonight. Appreciate everyone being here. I'll put the links we talked about for everything today. I'll put it in the description of the video here in just a minute, and I just shared them in the chat once more. And we will see you guys sometime this week. So everyone have fun and stay warm and seventy three doll bye. Here's the here's the close out that we're gonna do this again.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 5: That's too high, They're crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, I tuned into the chadder on a fridayday night, open for some wisdom, for a signal soul, right, but a drumbling, a little frequency jam. Every channel's crowded with sad hamp Oh sad hemp crying on the band, complaining about the prices. Things ain't going ass playing Sadam always in a jam, turned the down and there you are just a sad hand. These new rigs are pricing just a corporate game. Back in my diad, it wasn't all the same. And those YouTube courts they've all sold out. The sad Ham chorus. Hear them scream and shout, Oh sad pamp crying on bath, complaining about the prices. Things ain't going ass pads, Saddam always in a jam, turns down and there you are just a sad hand. CB ain't real radio, they say with a sneer, get a license, Sun before you come near. But the air waves crackling with a bitter tone. Sad Hams grumble on it. There micra, they say. Back in the day, it was also for bring ruin by gadgets. You don't understand. But while the world moves on leaven sad ALM's humble song, Oh sad Damn crying, complaining about the crisis, things ain't good boy, and asked what I said