Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, Come on, come on, come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, pee.
Speaker 1: Ride Ryan all here we go, Wakey, wakey, Hands off those cup cakes. Rob Ryan showed checking in on this Monday of brand New Week, Week number two, twenty twenty five. Matthew got written down. Oh yeah, Matthew, it was one pump chumps all last week. Matthew's going for win number two? Can he get it done? At We'll see We're gonna play the Fresh out of Mad head to head at six twenty Papa Roach Rise against Right of the Roach Tour, Toyota Center, March twentieth. I've got tickets for you in Homeroom. We love you the most.
Speaker 2: I'll give you those on the fun Fact Flashback.
Speaker 1: Texas Hammer Game at seven twenty for Buzzfest tickets Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. Can't wait to party with you, guys. We're giving away tickets to go see Ghosts all week. Got tickets at ay twenty. Chilly says we're jumping into a national contest at nine ten today. I'll get more information from him later and then Monster Jam tickets. We'll get your Monster Jam tickets. Know the show today. That'll be the last thing we do before we get out of here. No rain to worry about today, sunny sky is a little bit warmer.
Speaker 2: Highs up around sixty. I'll take that. Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Well, good morning ride, good morning home room.
Speaker 3: The death toll in Los Angeles continues to rise as wildfires continue to rage. As of now, they're at twenty four confirmed fire related debts, but that's expected to grow. White House officials said yesterday that over twenty four thousand people have registered for FEMA assistance since Joe Biden approved.
Speaker 2: A major disaster declaration last week.
Speaker 3: Some Houston firefighters are even on their way to help with the wild fires right now. Firefighters from Houston, Baytown, Conrad, Needham, and Northern Montgomery County fire departments left early Saturday morning to try and help out. They're on their fire engine, so it's going to take a little while to get out there, but they're expected to be there for at least fourteen days or so. That could go on, but that's awesome that they're on the way to help out. And you know, our thoughts and prayersure with everybody out there that they're affected by these fires.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: President elect Donald Trump was granted an unconditional discharge and his hush money trial in New York. Even though he's a convicted felon, he can still vote because his sentence is complete, but he can't own a gun.
Speaker 2: It was an.
Speaker 3: Unconditional discharge for the thirty four felony convictions, which means that he will receive no punishment but can still appeal the convictions if he chooses to. For the first time in twenty years, there's a decline and the number of single people out there.
Speaker 2: Our relationships make going to come back. People are saying, I thought it was going the opposite to ride.
Speaker 1: I thought so too, but I guess not.
Speaker 3: According to a study, forty two percent of adults are single, which is down from twenty nineteen when forty four percent of people were single. So it's not too much of those of a difference, but still that means the relationships are kind of on their way back. Just to be clear, single means that these people are not married, are not living with a partner or in a committed relationship. Something for anybody that might want to submit an application for Mile of Meat.
Speaker 2: To remember. I think by the end of the week we're gonna have applications off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forgotten me single very important part of the Mile of Meat applications. So it does look like relationships are all the way back everybody. Over the holidays, Will Ferrell showed out to an La King's hockey game. Dress is Buddy the Elf with a cigarette in his mouth.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you're bringing this up, because this is one of those cool stories we didn't get a chance to talk about because it happened when we were gone.
Speaker 2: It did, and then it was just like, what is that?
Speaker 3: And we just assumed we were never going to talk about it, And then somebody finally asked him about it.
Speaker 2: He was on the Kelsey podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this version of Buddy Elf was unshaven, looked way less happy than the one that we'd seen in the movie. Why did he do this, Well, it turns out just because Will Ferrell said that sometimes he likes to just do weird stuff to stir things up, and if any if nothing else, we got good memes out of it. He's army after Christmas break, getting ready to go back to work and it was just Will Ferrell with a cigarette in his mouth.
Speaker 1: He's our Bill Murray. Bill Murray just does the extent.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's working on it, but he seems like he's going in that direction.
Speaker 1: I could see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got to keep doing stuff like this, But that was yeah, Bill Murray. I remember there was a Bill Murray story where somebody he bought ever clear from a liquor store and then lit a lit his lighter and then spit it out and was like, no one's ever gonna believe you.
Speaker 1: Bill Murrigy told.
Speaker 2: The liquor store.
Speaker 1: Get it.
Speaker 2: Shows up at weddings.
Speaker 3: He can just show, hangs out, hangs out with Craig Gass during the Cubs World Series.
Speaker 1: If you never if you haven't seen Will Ferrell current, Will Ferrell dressed as Elf at the hockey game. We got pictures and everything up on links and guests. You see Will Ferrell has to buy the Elf costume.
Speaker 2: He's got one. He probably got a couple. He's got one that's from the set. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Live Nation announced a fire aid concert that's gonna benefit victims of the Los Angeles fires. It will happen at the end to it Dome on January thirtieth to try and help rebuild communities that have been impacted by the fires. Performers and ticket information have yet to be announced, but will be in the next coming days. That are Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Oh yeah, love the weekend, the real headlines.
Speaker 1: Everybody. A great weekend in sports, Super wild Card weekend in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Texan started things off with a win. They beat the Chargers thirty two to twelve. Rod, did you know that since the Texans have been a franchise, they now have more playoff wins than the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. But I also was shocked that c J.
Speaker 1: Stroud is the first Texan quarterback to ever win two playoff games.
Speaker 2: Right, I thought for sure Matt shawb had a couple.
Speaker 3: I did too, and then they showed that and it was like everybody had one, tjads had, Well.
Speaker 2: You had a couple, a couple other dudes with one, But yeah, CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud best playoff quarterback in Texans history.
Speaker 1: Officially.
Speaker 3: Texans got off to a slow start. Was like that first quarter not great. After the first quarter, they figured it out. Defense had four interceptions, Justin Herbert from.
Speaker 1: The Chargers had thrown three all year.
Speaker 2: He threw four against the Texans.
Speaker 1: That was awesome.
Speaker 3: They had a pick six they returned to block extra point for two points Joe Mixon at one hundred and six yards. Most of those came in the second half to put the game away. Texas now get to take on the two time defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs in the Divisional round Saturday at three thirty. Way to go, Texans, though very hot right now. Everybody mama is still watching. Everybody's mama will be watching on Saturday. Some other results from Super Wildcard weekend. Saturday night, the Ravens took care of the Steelers. Then yesterday your Bills blew out the Broncos thirty one to seven. The Eagles beat the Packers, and the Commanders got by the Buccaneers on a last second field goal twenty three to twenty. We've got one more wild Card game left tonight. Matt Stafford and the Rams are gonna Justin Jefferson and the Vikings on Monday Night.
Speaker 2: Football.
Speaker 3: Vikings are two and a half point favorites in this one. Kickoffs at seven o'clock. You can watch it on ESPN and ABC. And then in basketball, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Grizzies at Toyota Center, tipops at seven. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety that What's going on in sport?
Speaker 1: Here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now. You want the first phone call, come get it. Chili is just waiting waiting for those phones to start ringing seven one three, two one two five nine four five. The most interranking show on the radio starts right now, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, twelve, third Eye Blind starts us off, and then that's it. It is your Milk Monday Show. Welcome back from the weekend, Texans Fans. My man, Chili, I'm a Texans fan. I'm telling you I loved that game. I loved it. I mean, like you said, they turned it on in the second quarter and then boom after the halftime, there was over. Yeah, there was no turning back. So I cannot believe that c. J. Stroud is the only Texan quarterback to win two playoff games.
Speaker 2: And Henna win three on Saturday and.
Speaker 1: He did it in his first two years.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty good record. I would This is why I don't bet.
Speaker 1: I would have bet everything I own that Matt Choub had at least two playoff victories. We had a pretty good run with Matt job and I just thought, but he was injured. He was injured, and that's how sage I think gotta.
Speaker 3: Win because I know they won one game and they lost to the Patriots in the second round, so maybe that was the only one. But then he was hurt, and that's when TJ. Yates gotta win. So Matt Shaub did lead the team that year, but then he didn't play in the playoffs when they played.
Speaker 2: Went to the Pro Bowl. Was the MVP of the Pro Bowl. Matt Schaub. Yeah, we're still a game.
Speaker 1: And think, all right, such great news, and then I don't know, it's not bad news. I mean, you know we're in it. But Kansas City Chiefs, who just do weird things in the playoffs gotta be the best. Yeah, I beat the.
Speaker 2: Best, that's what they say.
Speaker 1: Please beat the Please beat the Kansas City too. How sick would please? How sick would that be?
Speaker 3: I remember being at your house when they were up, sorry to interapt, but when they were up twenty one, nothing, oh god. And we were like, hell yeah, we're gonna go to the AFC Championship game.
Speaker 2: And it was just downhill from that. Yes, rally, rally Irish coffee. Yeah, and we were like, did you know a chance for going back?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: We were trying rally Irish coffees. We were trying to drink our way to the AFC.
Speaker 2: Championship game and it didn't work. We drunk a lot too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we got studdy skies today. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain high up around sixty.
Speaker 2: Very busy morning. We're busy every morning.
Speaker 1: Matthew, could he make it win number two fresh out of bed head to head. Nobody's been able to make it win number two all last week. So it was a week of one pump chumps. As I said, Papa Roach, tickets coming your way. In Homeroom Texas Ammer game at seven twenty, it's.
Speaker 4: Now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: It's the first phone call.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know you want to talk Texans.
Speaker 1: That's it. I know for sure, Oh, I know.
Speaker 5: First of all, I'll be later, Happy New Year to you and your cast of character.
Speaker 2: Same to you, my brother, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Texans, I want to ask have you tried the new watching the game on the Nickelodeon. I don't watch the I don't watch the slime stuff peaked at it and.
Speaker 5: They thought they bring some fun to the to the game. I watched it.
Speaker 3: Texans outscored them thirty two to six after Jim Harbaugh got put into the dirty bubble and that was the downfall the Chargers.
Speaker 1: I think I'm cool with like the truck Ray. I'm cool with like regular season games and having a little fun, and I've checked it out. I've seen Nickelodeon and SpongeBob and Simpsons. But for a playoff game, I'm not like it's all business for me, Like I don't want to hear see climbed. It's fun when is winning and then they're throwing around slime.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 6: But they even got Joe Nixon involved with the cime, so hapful whatever they.
Speaker 2: How much of the game did you watch on Nickelodeon the whole thing?
Speaker 5: Uh? Pretty much?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I'd heard about it and then I found it and then watching what they were doing and the antics and they brought a twist.
Speaker 1: Of the game thirty seconds. Truck Array, Texans Kansas City. What do we need to do to win?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, they need to find the most biased rippering crew to work it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then the.
Speaker 6: Texans go mistake free. They got a shot. I mean the pressure they put on on what his name, yeah, Herbert, Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 5: I mean Herbert got banged around so much. I think he can have no more part of it.
Speaker 1: I guess what everybody needs to do and the Texas need to do is the only game you can look at this year is the Bills game against Kansas City. They're the only team that beat Kansas City. So what did they do to beat Kansas City during the year?
Speaker 2: You know, just do that thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Truck Array, Happy New Year to you, my brother, Happy peace out. Direct check on the flip of this, we'll find out what's trending.
Speaker 2: We'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 1: It's all coming up Houston, Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five. Welcome back everybody on this milk Monday, January thirteenth, Sunny skies Today, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. We're gonna see highs of around sixty. Okay, Hi, Alex, Hello Rod. A lot of Texans football talk, obviously, I like you calling it Super Wildcard weekend. You're the only one, and I appreciate it. Texans with a huge win. I mean, it's a lot of football stuff.
Speaker 3: Tack NFL playoffs is the number one thing that I see trending everywhere, whether you're talking of depending on what game you're talking about.
Speaker 1: The Commanders won for.
Speaker 3: The last second field goal yesterday, the Eagles got by the Packers. You're built without the Broncos. But obviously Texans locally kicking ass. They're looking great right now. NFL playoffs everybody's talking about them. Also, people are talking about the TikTok ban. I thought they were supposed to have a decision on Friday. I guess they don't have a decision yet, but all the TikTokers are telling you where else you can follow them.
Speaker 2: They're preparing as if it's not.
Speaker 1: Going any end. But I feel like they're going to step in at the eleven dour.
Speaker 2: And do something.
Speaker 1: There's a story on three things you must see today. It's TikTok story, and somebody was recording at the time that the pilot on the airplane said, take one last look at the Golden gate Bridge, just because you're on the plane and you're not going to see it because we're going the other direction. Well, that TikToker took it as something's happening to that bridge. Take one last look, something must be happening, and it went viral and everybody's started talking about what's gonna happen to the bridge because what the that's TikTok? So maybe it should go away? Yeah, might It might be the worst thing.
Speaker 2: The Golden gate Bridge is fine, people, Yeah, what else be fine?
Speaker 7: The last thing I saw?
Speaker 2: Also football related, Mike Rabel is trending.
Speaker 1: He is the new head coach.
Speaker 3: Of the New England Patriots, right, so they announced that yesterday during the pregame shows they had gotten rid of Bill after Bill Belichick left. It was Gerrod Mayo, former Patriot. They got rid of Girod Mayo, now former Patriot. Mike Rabel is the new head Patriot over there. But Michael Rabel is the new Patriots head coach. That's what's trending on not even by the bus. He's hateable but very good at coaching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know we had to deal with him dealing, you know, playing against the Titans twice a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just looks like a dick. He does, but you kind of need that in a coach sometimes.
Speaker 8: I guess, hey, everybody, this is Matthew's gonna make him break the cycle at the warm Pump Jump, I beat Lou, you put Alex, put all's coins on him, But I'm here to break the cycle. Join me on Monday it take another win along with the Texans and make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 2: Well, he predicted the Texans win. So that's good. That speech.
Speaker 1: I like that actually plays today seven one, three, two five. You want to make him a one pump chump, call.
Speaker 2: Us The Rod Ryan Show ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five, The Buzz ninety four or five to buys. Let's Rise against Savior. I got tickets coming up for you this hour. As a matter of fact, I hope you liked what you just heard. There's more of that where it came from puppa Roach. Rise Against March twentieth, Toyota Center. Tickets available at Toyota Center dot com. Don't worry, I got tickets for you on the fun Fact flashback. My Manchilli is scrambling right now. He can tell me why sunn East guys today ten percent chance of rain, highs.
Speaker 2: Of around sixty today.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: All right, ready to bring on Matthew Chili. He gave a speech, he talked about I'll be here and the Texans are gonna win.
Speaker 2: Great speech. Where's he?
Speaker 7: I have no idea. His phone just keeps going busy, just the busy tone. So I'm trying and trying and nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, all right, so what do we do?
Speaker 1: We just get to brand new players and then we give him the one day pass and he can come back and play tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Yes, because the game was go on, Matthew, where are you all right?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Chili?
Speaker 2: Well, Matthew, this is where he was going to be. He was going to take on Sean Connery.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Sean, okay, good morning everybody. I mean, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Did you just play last week?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was followed three I think on day.
Speaker 9: One and follow eight on day three.
Speaker 1: Well, we know that you were in the tournament last year? How many times in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 9: Three times?
Speaker 1: Three time Hall of Fame? Okay, well, congratulations. How do you get in so often? How do you get in? Tell somebody that's driving they can't ever get in?
Speaker 2: How what's the secret?
Speaker 9: Call every day?
Speaker 1: Just call every day? All right?
Speaker 2: Well, Nate the Great?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Nate, good morning. You're gonna fill in today? You cool with that?
Speaker 7: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nate.
Speaker 2: When was the last time you played October? How'd you do?
Speaker 5: Lost?
Speaker 1: Why'd you do that? I have no idea meant neither you know what. I've been thinking about that game ever since you lost. I'm like, how did that guy not.
Speaker 2: Come away with a victory?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you, got way bite, I got you.
Speaker 1: Guys hooked up together and then Alex for Nate, Nate the Great, Nate the Great.
Speaker 2: Okay, Nate, say hello to Sean hi Son.
Speaker 1: Hey, all right, guys, you're playing for a rod Ryan Show T shirt. Nate and Sean shout out your name. When you think you know the answer, here comes your questions. Where is Matthew? That's not the question, but that's not that's my my question to.
Speaker 2: Myself Where where the f is?
Speaker 1: Matthew? All right, here we go, Sean, Nate the Great? Question number one? Where does the President of the United States? Live? While in off n Sean Connery White House is the correct answer. Nate the Great was just a little behind, Sean. Double O seven on the board. Nate.
Speaker 2: Step it up, Nate, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, step it up, step it up. We got it all right, Here we go, Nate, Sean, I'm not giving up on you, guys. I'm just saying that you'll know where I'm going now. In two thousand and one, the band alien Ant Farm released their own version of a popular Michael Jack.
Speaker 5: Sean Smooth Criminal.
Speaker 2: Smooth Criminal, Hey, a music question? A music question? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: You can thumb on all of them?
Speaker 5: I would have got the gorillas.
Speaker 1: There's a new sheriff in town and he's asking music questions in the morning that you're just telling you right that?
Speaker 9: Hey, Nate, I was screaming the gorilla that morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, Hey, Nate the Great. Yeah, have a good day, you too, thanks, Bro?
Speaker 1: Was it was it a good game?
Speaker 2: Double O seven?
Speaker 1: Are you just being nice? I'm I think it's so listen. You were supposed to play Matthew this morning. Maybe something happened. I give, I give everybody the best infit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: You're allowed one.
Speaker 1: So if we can get ahold of Matthew, I don't care what his excuse is whatever, Matthew will play tomorrow. If we can't get ahold of Matthew, then we'll open up the phone lines. But you might have a designated game tomorrow. All right, don't good? Okay, bro, Welcome back The.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Foo Fighter is my hero MILF Monday number one link already, Alex, you got six picks?
Speaker 2: I do already.
Speaker 1: I can't wait go check him out.
Speaker 2: You got more than six picks. I know you watch Bove and Beyond.
Speaker 1: I know you watched football this weekend, and then you shared with me before the show. Did you watch every toy story this weekend yesterday? One through four? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know there was a fourth.
Speaker 1: The fourth one is the tear jerker who's sad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone's kind of sad too.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't wait to see Alex's six picks They're all on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com Sunny Skies ten Chance of rain h I have sixty today, fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody, Double O seven. Sean Connery is back. The three time Hall of Famer is now you're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. Hey, Matthew, where are you join me on Tuesday when I make mad a one pump chump and make it win number two bit.
Speaker 2: Just Lewis sends me an email.
Speaker 1: Hal mentioned it to me already if we get a hold of Matthew tomorrow. Lewis said, if you guys get a hold of Matthew tomorrow, it will end the one pump chump.
Speaker 2: It has to, it has to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean fortunately, unfortunately, I don't know how people want to look at it.
Speaker 1: You cannot get rid of somebody will not be a one pump chump. I was waiting for maybe an email from Matthew. I hope he's okay, but yeah, he's got a pass. And if we get a hold of Matthew and he's good, he will play tomorrow, Okay, Papa Roach tickets has promised on the flashback, but first some new stuff. He gits the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart.
Speaker 3: Your body's it's the fua to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go some new fun facts for you today.
Speaker 2: The word turquoise, turquoise, turquoise, turquoise.
Speaker 1: I'm just not a I'm not a jewelry guy.
Speaker 2: Do I seem like a guy like Nathaniel rate Lift. He's walking around, He's got a big turquoise necklace, strings on in turquoise like it looks cool on some people like me, I look like a douche. I try hard. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want anybody. I don't want.
Speaker 2: To be a musician to do it. I think so.
Speaker 1: Lenny Kravitz probably looks awesome in turquoise. Yeah, Jason Momoa, I could see him wearing turquoise. Hal, I don't see you wearing tur hall.
Speaker 2: You better not.
Speaker 1: I've got a lot of turquoise. The word turquoise based on the word Turkish, because it describes the color of the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of southern Turkey. I didn't know that's very fun. You check it out. I just knew that turquoise was a blue. The modern oval office was only created in nineteen thirty four. Like Lincoln and Lash, those guys weren't in an oval office.
Speaker 2: It was designed so that President Franklin D.
Speaker 1: Roosevelt, who used a wheelchair, could move easily between the office and the residents. That is fun.
Speaker 10: Who it used to be like a kitchen or something like that.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, what was the other thing we talked about?
Speaker 2: The press pool? Remember it used to be a swimming pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the swimming pool where you see the press.
Speaker 2: I ask all the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that used to be a swimming pool.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. I love fun facts.
Speaker 3: Did you know the pool on the Titanic sells water in it? It's being a fools.
Speaker 2: It's a classic.
Speaker 1: It's a classic.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite fun facts.
Speaker 1: In the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme, there is zero mention of him being an egg. Yeah, that's just how it has evolved to look in pop culture, and then books followed, you know, portraying him as an egg. That's neat.
Speaker 2: I thought he's made out of lego. Oh did you know, I don't think legos were around when they invented Humpty dunty.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck thats.
Speaker 3: To the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart, inn of your bodies.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 10: Have you ever seen a king's horse try to put together a lego?
Speaker 2: They don't have fingers. It's very difficult.
Speaker 1: Try and place all the kings men. Yeah, they're working on it. You're right, Papa Roach rise against March twentieth, Toyota Center before hurricane. The top two selling items at Walmart are what seven one three two one two five.
Speaker 3: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: There's the money guy right there looking sharp. That means you I can tell by how how dresses, how many meetings he has today. I have a few the millions. Get all the meetings in that sport code. I'd be do on Wall Street Friday. Not good? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: The that was down six hundred and ninety six points on Friday. Kick off this morning at forty one thousand, nine thirty eight. NASTAC down three hundred and seventeen to nineteen thousand and one sixty one benchmark tenure. Treasury is training at a four point seven eight percent, and oil stands at seventy eight dollars fourteen cents a barrel to the most active is the Big Studs, Chevron, Walmart and Home Depot, the Big Duds, Travelers, Goldman, Sachs and Amex, the Economic Accountable this morning, it's all clear right now.
Speaker 1: Futures they are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm out here.
Speaker 10: This is Howlan managed to director with Ramon James portefit the rod Round Show from Raymon.
Speaker 2: James, on San Felip and Augustin defic toys a rock out.
Speaker 1: We just stock out.
Speaker 11: Famin's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, IART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mentioned.
Speaker 4: We'll continue.
Speaker 11: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy er sell any security referred to your m This programs are an educational and information This is not like this.
Speaker 4: It's based on the movement as reported by Young ninety.
Speaker 1: Four to five Buzz Welcome back, Rob Ryan's Show. Gabby, Good morning, Hey, good morning, Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: How are you here?
Speaker 3: You doing so good, Hokylla.
Speaker 2: Having a good one, so far, so great.
Speaker 1: Now before a hurricane, the top two selling items at Walmart.
Speaker 4: Are what.
Speaker 6: Water and toilet paper?
Speaker 2: Water and toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Wow, just guessing today, No, that's not what we said on Friday.
Speaker 2: Sorry, says our good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey man. What are the top two selling items at Walmart before hurricane?
Speaker 2: Pop?
Speaker 1: Beer?
Speaker 2: Now you were listening on Friday.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, congratulate righto.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get you those Poppa Roach rise against ticket. It's March twentieth, Toyota Center. You rule here, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio getting ninety.
Speaker 4: Four point five bus station from iHeart.
Speaker 2: Radio on Running Show on ninety four five, Wake out the.
Speaker 1: Bus, ninety four to five bus. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show on this Milk Monday. Welcome back from the weekend. What a weekend there was too, great football weekend, Sonny scottes Today nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. Highs up around sixty Texas Hammer game next hour for bus beats tickets. We're gonna be a wa ghost tickets this week we'll hook you up at eight twenty.
Speaker 2: We'll back in.
Speaker 1: We'll get back at it with more Monster Jam tickets on no the show alex Is six picks on links some guests, and there he is right there with Houston's headlines. Good morning Grown, good morning Rod, good morning home Room.
Speaker 3: The death toll in Los Angeles continues to rise as wildfires continue to rage. As of now, they're a twenty four confirmed fire related death, but that number is expected to grow over the coming days. White Has officials said yesterday that over twenty four thousand people have registered for FEMA assistance since President Joe Biden approved a major disaster declaration last week. Some Houston firefighters are even on their way to help with the out fires. Firefighters from Houston, Baytown, Conrad, Needham, and Northern Montgomery County fire departments left early Saturday morning to try and help out there on their own fire engines. So it's going to take a little bit to get out there, but they're expected to be out there for at least the next fourteen days.
Speaker 1: Some idiot was flying a drone over the Palisides fire on Thursday and it collided with one of the planes dropping water come on guys. I mean, there's that guy. There's a million stories, side stories that are are going around. I'm not jumping in on the conspiracy stuff. I'm not jumping in on what celebrities homes are still standing and what are not standing. Tonight's playoff game between the Rams and the Minnesota Vikings got moved to State Farm Stadium in Arizona, Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so okay, yeah, it's a terrible situation.
Speaker 1: I here still for sure.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty four was the hottest year in recorded history, according to many government agencies. According to scientists, it was the hottest years since at least eighteen eighty, and the previous hottest year was twenty twenty three. I don't know how that works out if eighteen eighty was hotter than twenty twenty three, but like, the math isn't mathing to me in that. But I'm not a scientist, so I don't know. I'm just gonna also make a guess that twenty twenty five is gonna be the hottest year on record next year when we're giving out these stats. Okay, maybe the consecutive records are part of a continued warming trajectory that scientists have been warning people about for a while now and some other news.
Speaker 2: Have you taken your Christmas decorations on your rud?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it Saturday morning. Officially everything had left the building. So okay, so you have completely Christmas free and then already started with the Marti graus decoration.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. Christmas stuff is gone in a way. Well, if you haven't, that may not be the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 3: According to a new survey, forty five percent of people say that there shouldn't be a deadline when holiday decorations come down. Others say that your decorations should come down by January sixteenth, So that would be Thursday this week if you're following that rule.
Speaker 1: When did you guys take it stuff down? Like traditionally? Oh really?
Speaker 2: I always was like, let's let's wrap it up, let's get rid of it.
Speaker 1: I would like to hear from that psycho, there's got to be one of you listening with a real tree. Christmas night, i'd see trees out or the next day, the day after Christmas, I would see real trees out where like where you put your garbage.
Speaker 3: Day after But like that seems like it's kind of grinchy. Hey, you want to you want to enjoy it for a little bit.
Speaker 2: We would leave our stuff up till King's Day when we when we said we could, you could have a kink cake. So the sixth I believe that's the epiphany.
Speaker 1: Okay, growing up we would always keep our stuff up then, but I will. I will say this, those of you that don't decorate your twin celebrate Christmas.
Speaker 2: The single worst.
Speaker 1: Thing of the year for me is tearing down that Christmas tree. It is, I mean, yeah, so bad. I love decorating, I love having a tree. I'll always have a tree, especially I'll do it for the kid. Tearing down a Christmas tree is the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 2: There's just no good to it at all. It's just it's the end of a great period of time.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: It really is kind of super Bowl to me. It was always like take down by the super Bowl, but like that's pretty late. Oh my got super Bowls in February.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl is in February, but like at least by the super Bowl. Like I do like living in an apartment complex. It's kind of fun when you walk the dog it and I like these guys look it's March. They still had their Christmas tree up, and like, sometimes you have it up but you're not having it lit.
Speaker 2: Then some people still have it lit all the time. Like if you have it up, light it up. So you're saying the sixteenth is the greatest Thursday is according to I don't know who the real people say, but this survey says like you should take it down by the sixteenth. So people they participated in this survey.
Speaker 1: But you know what, if you want to leave it up, leave it up. But just I don't know. I like the holidays, doesn't like the holiday. One year, I kept the tree up and turned it into a Marti Gras tree, and I got sick of that tree. I didn't oh yeah, it's over it. I'll never do it again.
Speaker 3: I think if you decorate for every holiday and then turn into a Valentine's Day tree, like I think you're good.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it, though. I just I wanted the tree out. I wanted to take the space after. I wanted it just to be special for Christmas. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Saturday Night Live with the Schala may Chal Mays hosting it on January twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: He will not just host, He's also gonna be the musical guest.
Speaker 3: Only forty one people in the show's fifty year history have ever hosted and been the musical guest. A few of those are only a few of them were not regular singers. Desi Arnez, Ricky Ricardo. I believe uh huh he did in nineteen seventy six. Gary Busey did not know this. Nineteen seventy nine he hosted and was the musical guest, and then Lily Tommin did it twice in seventy five and daighty three. Shala May has been getting good reviews for his portrayal of Bob Dylan and the biopic A Complete Unknown. But there's no word and whether or not he's going to be singing Dylan on EDSNL, Does he have his own does he have solo stuff?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: So nobody wants him to sing anything other than Bob Dylan. He's going to see Bob Dylan.
Speaker 2: You have to go. You'd have to go look at the history books.
Speaker 1: Then Gary Busey played uh, he was in a bio pick Oh, he played Buddy Holly. He played Buddy Holly. So I wonder if he appeared and did Buddy Holly.
Speaker 2: Stuff and he was the host. Yeah, but that'll be that'll be interesting to see that. It's one more reason to an end to watch him.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you didn't want to just watch Timothy shallame, it looked like Timothy shallamey.
Speaker 2: You know, he's so hot. He's the hottest guy going right now.
Speaker 3: Know that Glenn Powell guy probably is. Well, yeah, it was the two hottest guy.
Speaker 2: But I think timothy' shallam is bigger. Yeah, definitely bigger.
Speaker 1: Right now, Ragie's.
Speaker 3: Machines Killing in the Name has hit one billion streams on Spotify. We are iHeartRadio people here, but you have to acknowledge the milestone. It was first released on November and November of nineteen eighty two in the wake of the La riots, since become a beloved anthem to mini around the world. Over the Weekend Rages, tom Morello acknowledged the milestone and thanked all of those that have listened, including quote those who love it, those who hate it, and those who have enjoyed it without understanding it. The congratulations to Rage on that milestone.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I don't always agree with the messaging. I don't agree with much of Tom Morello's politics, but boy do I love his music?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, you separate the art from the artists sometimes, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Texans seem Super wild Card weekend.
Speaker 3: The NFL Texans started things off with a dub.
Speaker 2: They beat the Chargers thirty two to twelve.
Speaker 3: They got off to a slow start, but after that first quarter they locked in. The defense had four interceptions, one of which was a pick six. They also returned to block extra point for two points. Joe Mixon had one hundred and six yards in a touchdown on twenty six carries.
Speaker 2: Most of that was in the second half to put the game away.
Speaker 3: Texans are now going to take on the two time defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs in the divisional round. That's gonna kick off three point thirty on Saturday. But way to go, Texans. Hell of a turnaround right there. And CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud is the first Texans quarterback to ever win multiple.
Speaker 3: Playoff games, so good for him. My mind is blown at a futuristic the future. Some other results from Super Wildcard Weekend. Saturday night, Ravens took care of the Steelers. Yesterday, the Bills blew out the Broncos Eagles beat the Packers, and the Commanders got by the Buccaneers on a last second field goal. We've got one more Wildcard game left tonight. You were just talking about it. It's been moved because of the wildfires to Arizona. But Matt Stafford and the La Rams they're gonna host Justin Jefferson and the Vikings on Monday Night Football. Vikings are two and a half point favorites. Kickoffs at seven and you can watch it on ESPN and ABC. In basketball, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Grizzlies at the Toyota Center. Tip off for that at seven. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am, The Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz Screen Day and Holiday Good Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just thought on links and guests, forty five percent of Americans are cool with holiday decorse staying up all year long. Is that being specific to Christmas or is it just going from one decoration till the next.
Speaker 2: Because I you know, calling out myself as a psycho, you do.
Speaker 3: Have a lot of holidays that you celebrate Decorationally, I.
Speaker 2: Grew up that way for some reason. I think your mom.
Speaker 1: Probably was a decorator. She was, you know, she seems like that school teacher.
Speaker 2: You Marty Rayah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you probably didn't do that, But I mean my mom, we didn't decorate Marty gra growing up either. I didn't know anything about Marty Graw.
Speaker 3: But also, like seasonal decorations, like fall decorations, I think are different than Thanksgiving decorations, you know, or like winter decorations are different than summer decorations.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me map this out. Growing up, my mom decorated start with Christmas. Okay, we went way out for Christmas. My mom like took down all the knickknacks and replaced it with Christmas nickknacks, that type of thing. So Christmas, then I guess the next thing that my mom would decorate for was Saint Patrick's Day. Okay, Valentine's Day, I guess first, Then Saint Patrick's Day, right.
Speaker 2: What does that entailed?
Speaker 1: Just it was just like some red cardboard things that you bought at the store, and she'd like tape them to the cupboard doors. That type of the just you could tell.
Speaker 2: That Valentine's Day was coming up, and then there would.
Speaker 1: Be Saint Patrick's Day, and then Fourth of July decorations for sure, and then which is like easy.
Speaker 3: You used to have a couple of American flag or things like that's perfect on Americans.
Speaker 1: There was definitely Easter decorations, yeah, say I'm sorry. There was Thanksgiving specific decorations, and then Christmas again. Yeah, my mom decorated pretty good pretty much all the time. The only thing that's weird and I could see being called out as being a psycho is I went directly from I finished off all the Christmas stuff on Saturday, bin's boom to the storage bin up to the storage unit. I'm like, well, I'm right here, might as well grab the MARTI grossed off, and then I just started. I didn't get one day of just my house being my house. I went from one to the next. I went right into Marty Grosstof.
Speaker 3: You would have still had like there would have been two days of doing work if you had just done that.
Speaker 2: So like, I get what you're doing. You're just going one to the end.
Speaker 1: Jacob set me a picture. It's like, dude, I'm that psycho. With my live tree still up. I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: If you're still listen. Number one, how are you keeping that thing alive?
Speaker 3: Water?
Speaker 2: How are you keeping thathing?
Speaker 3: I mean, really, okay, I guess you've planted somewhere in this house.
Speaker 1: What I called psychos were the people. There was one family that I didn't know. It must have been on my paper route when I was a kid Christmas night, but for sure the next morning that tree was in the front.
Speaker 2: Of the house. Do you just hate Christmas and you only do it.
Speaker 1: For for whatever reason? Why decorate? It's weird to me? The day after it's very Christmas Eve, It's very Christmasy. From Christmas to New Year's it's still very Christmasy to me. I still listen to Christmas music. I'm still off.
Speaker 2: It's that weird time you're kind of drinking during the day.
Speaker 1: It's Christmas Eve. To me, taking down that tree, it is the worst. It is the worst. I guess maybe as I get older, maybe I'm seeing that it's less psycho.
Speaker 2: But I do kind of like, I think it is weird, but I kind of respect them. Moved to like just be like, you know what.
Speaker 1: Christmas is over? Move on rits for band aid off.
Speaker 2: We're going on to the rest of the year, okay, And it's like that it's hard to do, but like it's a business decision.
Speaker 1: The latest survey the date when holiday decorations should be taken down is January sixteenth. That's this Thursday. You can read more on that. It's not my rule a rule, okay. Nobody likes being told what to do, and if you tell.
Speaker 3: Me what to do, I'm not gonna do it. Like if I had not already taken my stef down. No, I'm leaving it up till Friday.
Speaker 2: Links and guests is telling you what to do, I'm not all right.
Speaker 3: I already my wife already did this stuff, so I don't have any say in my house.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, are we getting people to call in for the Texas Hammer Game today? Yes, all right, I've got Buzzfest tickets for you Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion. I remember on Friday there was a lot of Buzzfest talk during open phones. That was fun. I was surprised to hear so much love for Evans Blue, not surprised, just with the lineup that we have, people really excited about Evans.
Speaker 2: Came man to win the best game in Houston.
Speaker 1: Who wants it? All? Right, col Chilly, He's in a great mood today because of that Texans victory.
Speaker 2: Getting the queue to play the game seven and we'll play after the break.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show ninety four or five, The buzz Welcome Back.
Speaker 1: We got some Texas hammer Lock and Load coming up in just a little bit. Yeah yeah, your chance to win some Buzzfest tickets. Sunny skys. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, five around sixty.
Speaker 2: Pretty nice day out there today.
Speaker 1: I'd like to dial that one up. Can we have that all week? I don't think we're gonna get that all week, Alex.
Speaker 2: What's trending?
Speaker 1: The LA fires are trending?
Speaker 3: I mean they were all last week, just just photos, videos, everything that people are posting from all that stuff. We've got some Houston fire departments going out there to help, and you know, just our thoughts are with everybody that's I could buy those fires right now out Nelly. I did see one of them was fully contained though, so that's a start. I know that that doesn't take away the damage, but having the fire one hundred percent contained, means that at least one of them is kind of progress.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 3: The Australian Open is also trending today. That's going on right now. It's the first Major or the first Grand Slam in tennis, so that's happening.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Cocoa Golf.
Speaker 2: Trying to think of another Tommy Paul.
Speaker 1: He's an American. Would Pagola be in that? She would be, Yeah, she would be, you think she.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe she's probably traveling with the Bills now. Nor her dad is the owner of.
Speaker 1: The bill Her mom and dad owned the Bills and the Sabers and she's like the number two female tennis player in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rocking.
Speaker 3: So shout out to the Australian Open. Then the NFL playoffs. That's everywhere you look. One specific thing I did see that people are talking about, and.
Speaker 1: I saw this all day yesterday.
Speaker 3: Rex Ryan just ripped the Texans apart on the ESPN show He's on and he he's six Chargers are having It's basically a bye week for the Chargers, and so the Texans watched that it got back to them and then Joe Mixon was like, we smoking that Rex Ryan pack.
Speaker 1: He's smoking a cigar after they.
Speaker 3: Had to win, and everybody was just They made him apologize on their show yesterday morning. But Rex Ryan and the NFL playoffs just that's all people are talking about right now.
Speaker 2: But that's what's trending on, not even by the bus.
Speaker 1: This is dam handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game a piece of that Rex Ryan. I'll take my hammer to him, all right? Okay, I got Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Tickets to give away.
Speaker 1: You want to join us at Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 2: I'll be damn.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for to do this week? So I booked my hotel last week, nobody booked anything yet nobody nobody else booking.
Speaker 2: Somebody stay away from the marry out till Alex gets his room.
Speaker 1: Morning Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Who's on the pune.
Speaker 1: Jock?
Speaker 2: Hi Josh, Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm just doing fantastic? How about you?
Speaker 1: Brother? The same? I mean, I this is I can't remember the last I was in this good mood on a Monday to love it all right, listen I'm gonna play you some Texas Hammer. He's gonna be spitting some lyrics. You're gonna have to identify the name of the band and the name of the song.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll do Okay, here we go. Let's take a listen together.
Speaker 1: Mama, this surely is a dream. Yeah, yeah, Mama, this surely is a dream. I know this. Take it.
Speaker 2: I know this one.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the band? What's the name of the song?
Speaker 2: Is it Marthy's Playground with sex and Candy? That is it? There's one of the easier ones. Easier ones, I think, guys, I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: I knew it.
Speaker 2: One of the best ones.
Speaker 1: I knew it. Oh, dude, you and me, Josh, we're going.
Speaker 2: We're going to bustle.
Speaker 1: You're going, Yeah, dude, Saturday, May twenty fourth, Josh, just like that, You're You're into the big show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mama, let's do it.
Speaker 1: That was a funny one, all right, Josh, thanks so much for being a part of the show today. Hang on for me, all right. I thank Shirley set him up a buzz fast tickets. Ryan shown ninety four The Buzz four or five The Buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's show. Wow, that was quick.
Speaker 2: I was prepared to be here for a little while.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that Texas Hammer game takes a while to get to get a winner. I don't remember the last time I heard lyrics, and I just got so excited that I knew it. Mama, this surely is a dream.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Mama, This Shirley is a dream.
Speaker 5: Dig it.
Speaker 2: Mister Adler's gonna be here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: He's coming in just to hang out.
Speaker 2: He's excited. He's coming in just to hang out a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna cut some spots with him, and I haven't seen him since the New Year, so it's always cool to hang out. It's a cool vibe hanging out with the Texas Hammer sunny skies. Ten percent chance of rain highs them around sixty. We were talking about Christmas decorations earlier. I didn't think I was gonna have a chance to get to some of these emails. I got an email to share with you, guys. This is why I bring in so much crap, because you know, I don't know how long the Texas Hammer Game is gonna take. I don't know how long I got to talk, but I do have this one email real quick though. This one just happened to roll in. We were talking about people with their real Christmas trees, Drew sar. With all the talk about taking down the Christmas trees and the decorations, could you please mention to donate all live Christmas trees to help restore the dunes on our beautiful beaches. Last year's hurricane and storm surges were rough, did a lot of damage. We need all the help we can. There's a drop off locations. There is drop off locations all over Brazoria County. I'm sending a link with all the info of the drop off locations. Thank you. In Advanced Day one listener Drew.
Speaker 4: U.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is very specific to Brazoria County, So I'm gonna put that on everyone if doomsday is January twenty fifth. And I do know that they do recycle Christmas trees. They use them to create re I'm not gonna talk because I don't know what I'm talking about, but I know that they use them to help out the coastal line. And I'm gonna end there because I really don't know about it, but recycle everything.
Speaker 2: They're also fun to set on fire. Yeah, I don't know if you want to do that in the city.
Speaker 3: Don't do that in the city. But if you have the space to do it, it's cool.
Speaker 2: Because they burned on the.
Speaker 1: Mask, Jill eat, phone's working, okay. I mean, everybody has sounded great so far. If we turn around a.
Speaker 2: Couple of quick phone calls, I can do a little bit here.
Speaker 1: You good with that?
Speaker 7: Are you asking me? Are you telling me?
Speaker 1: I'm telling you to pick up the GD phone and answer these calls?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: I guess we're doing that, right.
Speaker 2: So I got this email over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I didn't think I had to, I'm today, but I just I printed it out just to make sure brother Rod loved the show. Fifteen year listener, My husband has been listening for eight You can thank me for getting him to listen. Thank you, thank you. She didn't say not to use her name. Laura. My husband and I we've got a now close friend who we hang out with all the time. What my husband doesn't know is that this friend and I briefly dated years ago, long before I met my husband. Nothing serious, so I never felt the need to bring it up. Now we're all kind of close, and I sometimes wonder if I should come clean just in case he finds out from someone else. I'm afraid it could make things awkward or create tension. Ask the twins, she wants advice from you, two knuckleheads.
Speaker 2: Ask the twins.
Speaker 1: Should I tell him? Or as they say, let this sleeping dog lie m. This is a tough one. Are there pictures of you two floating around on how long ago?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 2: Pre social media?
Speaker 1: How many people know about this?
Speaker 2: This is awkward. Yeah, this is super awkward.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just say she said it was nothing too serious. I'm gonna say there was no mounting.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what that's that's what I take. Not serious.
Speaker 1: She didn't, She didn't get that specific. She said, we briefly dated a few years ago, long before I met my husband. Nothing serious, So I never felt the need to bring it up. This guy's around all the time they dated, Bro.
Speaker 7: She already messed up?
Speaker 2: Or he or she?
Speaker 1: Or what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Is it like she needed to come up come clean right away?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 7: When he started just coming around all the.
Speaker 2: Time, Okay, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean it's not when he started coming up more often, she would have just been like, hey, you know, just got to come clean. You know, he we messed around, but not like in that way. You know, we just or whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm co signing everything you're saying.
Speaker 1: Don't say messed around.
Speaker 7: Well, but I say, like, hey, we went out to dinner a couple of times or here or there, you know.
Speaker 2: Just say you went on a couple of dates.
Speaker 7: But just say we went out to dinner a couple of times and people might have thought we were dating or whatever.
Speaker 1: Just I'm thinking of my wife coming out to be saying, yeah, you know that guy that's around all the time, we messed around back in the day, Like I'm I just had barf go right up into my throat. Well, you said that.
Speaker 7: It wasn't nothing serious.
Speaker 3: So serious, I feel like you have to say it sooner rather than later because.
Speaker 1: Chili see what the phones are saying.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's a good take on Chilie's part. I agree with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the longer you hang out with them, the more weird it's gonna be when he finds out. And I feel like eventually it'll come out somehow, unless like you and then that dude were like, hey, we can't ever tell him nothing. But then that's kind of sketchy too, is it not?
Speaker 2: This is nothing divorceable. I don't know, but like.
Speaker 3: That's why you just get clear the air. Hey, yeah, we dated a little bit.
Speaker 1: We're fine.
Speaker 2: We're fine though, there's nothing, nothing there.
Speaker 3: But it's gonna be weird if he finds out, like what, you guys dated and we've been hanging out for how many years?
Speaker 1: And you didn't tell me?
Speaker 2: Okay, and then what what happens moving forward?
Speaker 3: Then it's just awkward and then either he gets over it or they don't. Then they stop hanging out with that guy.
Speaker 2: But like, do you stop hanging out with that guy? I don't know? Or do you just slowly what happened?
Speaker 1: You slowly start to cut him off a little bit at Travis, good morning, Good morning. Uh, Laura, she used her name and everything. I appreciate how long she's been listening to the show. All right, you heard the story she tells her husband, right, Uh, if she's seen the wing, she needs to tell Oh, hey, on a second, I don't think there's Wieners involved.
Speaker 2: I don't think they don't know that. They weren't exactly, we don't know. Okay, what if there's no Wiener involved.
Speaker 1: Does she have to tell him?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Probably not?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, she would have told him if they had just gone like one date, if you had some wieners involved, you like, it's gonna be awkward if I tell her my husband, no, because he's already hanging out with this guy.
Speaker 2: I'm throwing up, Austin. Good morning, Austin.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Okay, does she need to come clean? I believe so.
Speaker 12: Okays, my wife now eleven years, have been together for fifteen years. My brother in law is her ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh is it awkward?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Not at all?
Speaker 2: Okay, at all.
Speaker 12: To be honest, man, he's a good dude. I mean she told me when they first started dating, and doesn't bother me one bit.
Speaker 2: I'd have this discussion before with someone.
Speaker 1: Is this out of bounds?
Speaker 2: Or am I just a weirdo?
Speaker 1: When you start dating?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm asking very specific. I want you in on this, Austin. When you start dating somebody, is it out of bounds to say, Hey, is there anyone around in the circle that I need to know about that maybe there's a past? Is that a Is that a fair question to ask of somebody that you're starting to date and get serious with Alex.
Speaker 2: I mean, good question to Alex.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, I feel like you.
Speaker 2: Are you allowed to say that? I think you are allowed to. I mean, I think there's.
Speaker 1: Somebody that had sex with that you wound up being friends and they're still around.
Speaker 2: Then you've seen paranoid asking that.
Speaker 3: But I also think that, yeah, you do sort of have a right, so you know sometimes, Austin, can you ask that question.
Speaker 5: Saying?
Speaker 12: My wife is from a very small town and we live in that small town. So she's very upfront honest when we when I met somebody that she knew or dated, she was upfront honest with me and told me, I mean she is, She's like, you know, we're from a small town, small selection. So yeah, yeah, we see her ex boyfriend that she thought she was gonna marry a high school sweetheart on a yearly.
Speaker 1: Basis, But she was upfront with with you about him. That's where that's where Laura is sending us the email Gabby, good morning, same morning. Tell me what Just settle this for me?
Speaker 13: Laura, her husband him, she's got you.
Speaker 5: There's no way, I mean, has her husband right.
Speaker 13: You can't you can't be around your husband and another guy, and and have your husband looking Michael fool What do.
Speaker 2: You say you want tacos tonight? By the way, I dated Phil. Yeah, now it's awkward because you say it earlier.
Speaker 1: How do you bring that up? Gabby?
Speaker 9: You just got to be honest.
Speaker 5: I mean, she's already waited this long. There there's no easy way to do it. You just got to risk the band aid off. And then you know it's up to him if they hang out with him anymore and not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna make it weird.
Speaker 2: It's definitely gonna make it weird. Now, trust me, I just made up.
Speaker 1: I made up that name Phil. By the way, I don't think she was. Phil's not the guy. I just it was the first thing. That's all right. She's got to say something.
Speaker 2: To the husband for sure.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 1: Well it makes sense, like how awkward is it going to be?
Speaker 2: And eventually that comes out there? What you guys?
Speaker 1: For how many years you didn't tell me this?
Speaker 2: One more?
Speaker 1: One more?
Speaker 2: And then I'm done? Reagan?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hey Rod? How you doing brother?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: You help Laura out. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm I feel like you know what you're talking about what's Laura to do here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, one hundred percent. He's got to come clean.
Speaker 2: And the way I always slipped this around is.
Speaker 5: If he had a girl that he.
Speaker 2: Had dated a few times, that was her best friend.
Speaker 14: They're hanging out at dinner, they're giggling and stuff, and what she want to know that he had went.
Speaker 2: Out on a few dates with her.
Speaker 5: And I guarantee you the answers.
Speaker 3: Till yes, yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: That's how you rationalize it. Then you figure out that's how you tell yourself. Okay, it's the right thing to do to tell them, Okay, oh yeah, absolutely, she'd want to know I don't know something about Reagan.
Speaker 2: I got a goodbye.
Speaker 1: I new he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ragin does know. Thanks bro, Thank you.
Speaker 14: Dude, Yes, sir, take care, good day.
Speaker 1: You don't want those things just I imagine she's Laura's thinking about this a lot. Yeah, And every time he's.
Speaker 3: Just like that means she's just clear the air, like, hey, look, I don't have any feelings for him or anything like this, but we dated a little bit before you.
Speaker 1: You weren't even a thing.
Speaker 3: There's nothing still going on or anything even close to that. But hey, I just feel like you have the right to know that.
Speaker 1: Laura. Lucky for you, Texas Hammer game ended quickly, we had time to.
Speaker 2: Get into this. Now your problems are all solved, and now the audience has spoke it. You gotta tell your dude good luck.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rocking Alternatives The.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: About five the Bulls, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. Panic at the Disco should have been through an email earlier on the show. It was from Laura, and she nowhere in there.
Speaker 2: I was surprised. Nowhere in it did she say, Hey, don't use my name. Maybe she should. Pat Morrero, It's like.
Speaker 1: Well, you said that she's been listening, she got her husband to listen to the show, and you said her name. Didn't she just kind of tell him through your email. I went back to go look at her email. Her email doesn't have her name in it, nor does is her name anywhere in there. Maybe she changed her name. Okay, maybe she changed Maybe she changed her name. But Pat, you're right, she said in the email, how long she's been listening, and she's the reason that her husband listens to the show.
Speaker 2: You might be putting the dots. Yeah, you listening right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think Laura probably covered her tracks. Did anybody go home and ask you wife today?
Speaker 1: Is there something you want to tell me about the especially for her name Laura.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything with it out?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Phil's out there. I just threw that name out there. If Phil is Phil is not a part of that story. Good morning everyone, I've got ghost tickets for you coming up closer to around eight twenty, Jillie says we're getting involved in another national contest. He didn't tell me much more than that. I will get clarification on what's happening at nine ten on this show.
Speaker 2: I've got Monster Jam tickets. Man, I've been busy. I haven't done any push ups. I haven't looked at Alex's six picks yet. Come on, man, like I just take him for a reason. Wait, just for someone else that's listening.
Speaker 1: What am I gonna go see? Just give me, like, give me a reason to go look at your six picks this weekend.
Speaker 2: My daughter's cute, Okay, really cute?
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: Chili, you made chili made chili.
Speaker 3: There was an MMA fighter that my podcast sponsored and you could see our podcast logo behind him.
Speaker 1: When he was fighting yesterday. That was cool, Okay, very cool, so all kind of cool stuff like that. I put it on the stories over the weekend. Thank you for saving me from making fifteen bean soup.
Speaker 2: Terrible move.
Speaker 1: I did add two beans to it. I made seventeen bean soup this weekend. It tastes different, Oh, like victory. Tasted like victory soup. Yeah, that seventeen bean soup this weekend for Josh Allen. And then I made some wings. I saw that it looked good, burning my Josh Allen candle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looked really good.
Speaker 1: Wings aren't good. I mean, what wings aren't good? That's true. Sunny skys ten percent chance of rain, hives sixty. Go look at Alex's six picks here. He is right here with Houston's headlines. Good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: The death toll in Los Angeles continues to rise as wildfires continue to rage. As of now, there's twenty four confirmed fire related deaths, but that total is expected to grow over the coming days.
Speaker 2: White House officials said yesterday.
Speaker 3: That over twenty four thousand people have registered for FEMA assistants since President Joe Biden approved a major Disaster declaration last week. Some Houston firefighters are even on their way to help with those fires right now. Firefighters from Houston, Baytown, Conrad, Needham, and Northern Montgomery County fire departments left early Saturday morning to try and help out. They're expected to be there for at least the next fourteen days. But our thoughts are with all of those that have been affected by the fires out that way.
Speaker 1: The current estimate damage wise, early estimates are at one hundred and fifty billion dollars. It's gonna end up being the costliest wildfire in US history. Can you imagine if it comes down to if they figure out where it started, the one that started everything, and if it does come down to somebody, Wow, that's yeah. I can't even imagine that there's somebody out there that might be walking around saying I think this is because of what I did, right, You know, there is that might.
Speaker 3: Be the case, because sometimes it's like just somebody threw a cigarette out the window and then I caught stuff like that. And also there's like arson stuff too that can happen to but yeah, you never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's really it's not clear if any of the fires were arson, but we don't know yet.
Speaker 3: President elect Donald Trump was granted an unconditional discharge in his hush money trial in New York.
Speaker 2: Even though he's a convicted felon.
Speaker 3: He can still vote because his sentence is complete, but he can't own a gun. It was an unconditional discharge for the thirty four felony convictions, which means that he's going to receive no punishment but can still appeal his conviction if he chooses to do so. For the first time in twenty years, there's a decline in the number of single people.
Speaker 2: According to a study, forty two percent of adults.
Speaker 3: Single right now, which is a decline from twenty nineteen and forty four percent we're single, so just a two percent.
Speaker 2: Increase, but still whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: Just to be clear, that means when you're single, that you're not married, not living with a partner, or in a committed relationship. If you're going to apply for mile of meat maybe later this week, make sure that you fit into that category too.
Speaker 1: And I thought we were going in the opposite direction. The other thing that came out of this is married people. The share of adults that were married went from fifty percent to fifty one percent twenty nineteen to twenty twenty three pandemic related because people were at home, they were alone. They don't want to go through that ever again. In case there is that true, I'm just trying to figure out the numbers had been going the other way for years and then since the pany is not the only thing.
Speaker 2: But it just seems like marriage on the uptick. It's on the way up.
Speaker 3: You know, I got married, and maybe people were like, Alex did it, Okay, let's go. So yeah, relationships look like they're making a comeback. Everybody, they say single them has peaked. It's never We're never going to see this time again, you know, But enjoy it. Enjoy it while you're single.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Over the holidays, Will Ferrell showed up to an LA Kings hockey game dresses Buddy the Elf with a cigarette in his mouth. The version of Buddy the Elf that he showed up as looked unshaven and way less happy than the one we'd seen in the movie.
Speaker 2: Why did he do this? It turns out just because he felt like it.
Speaker 3: He said that sometimes he likes to just do weird things and stir things up, and yeah, that's exactly what he did.
Speaker 2: Everybody's what's up.
Speaker 7: With Will Ferrell?
Speaker 2: Is you doing okay? Why do you go with Buddy the Elf?
Speaker 1: Is he losing it?
Speaker 3: And like Rod said earlier, he might just be our modern day Bill Murray.
Speaker 1: So that's cool.
Speaker 2: We did get some cool memes out of it, at least, so I like that a.
Speaker 3: Lot in music News, Live Nation and as a fire aid concert, it's going to benefit the victims of the La fires. It'll happen at the int to It Dome that's where the Clippers play on January thirtieth, to try and help rebuild communities that have been impacted by the fires. Performers and ticket information are going to be announced in the coming days, and those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Think about the affected area. This could be the big concert.
Speaker 2: It very well could.
Speaker 1: Ever, there is not a name that's too big for doing some sort of a benefit probably already in that area, correct, So.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously not any iHeartRadio festival would be way better, probably, But like this the cause awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Live Nation for jumping on that immediately. They've got all the connections. You're talking about the entertainment capital of the world right there. This concert could be live aid esque. If they use they put it together easily. It could be absolutely mascited to see who will be on that lineup for sure. Yeah, there's there's I don't think there's anybody that would say no, And I just don't think that there's there's nobody that you couldn't get for that prob Do they have an announced.
Speaker 2: Date, No, it'll go to it's all gonna happen January thirties.
Speaker 3: So it imagine it'll be later this week. Oh, they have what they said, it'll just happen later this week. The date of the show is born in the coming days.
Speaker 2: Why it could mean anytime.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, yeah, buddy up.
Speaker 3: Wild Card weekend in the NFL. The Texans started things off with the win. They beat the Chargers thirty two to twelve. They got off to a slow start after that first quarter, though it is all smooth sale. The defense had four interceptions, one of which was a pick six. They also returned to block extra point for two points. Joe Mixon had one hundred and six yards and a touchdown on twenty six carries. Most of that was in the second half to put the game away. Texans are now going to face the two time defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs in the divisional round on Saturday.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm no other John stat keeper here. Yeah, but a lot of people have hit me up with the old score of Gami.
Speaker 2: I think they like saying score Agami. It's fun.
Speaker 3: It's very fun, which means the score that's never been done before in history.
Speaker 1: So no NFL game has ever had a thirty two to twelve score before.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how many score gomis there are.
Speaker 3: Every comment they're going numbers becoming less and less every year.
Speaker 1: But that has never been the score of a football game in the NFL before.
Speaker 2: It's a good fact.
Speaker 3: It's a good fact that I'm the congratulations of the Texans. That was a hell of a win for them to start things off, especially when everybody he wrote him out.
Speaker 2: I thought that going into it. Everything everybody's picking the Chargers. That means Texans.
Speaker 3: When everybody's on one side, you take the other side.
Speaker 7: Let us all.
Speaker 1: Unite in our hatred of Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Get him, get him everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh you know who's from Kansas City? Teresa?
Speaker 2: Oh, I bet she's the borner.
Speaker 1: Hit her up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let her know, hit her up, let her know who's number one, even though her team sort of was. But she's also a sort of a Texas fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I guess her and Adam are now have to have a house divided in flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he's become some sort of a KC fan now because he's married into it. Yeah, Adam Clinton, Adam Clinton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see what he'sa Okay, I'll be tuning in to see what he has to say on Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 3: Some other results from Super Wildcard weekend Saturday.
Speaker 1: Night, the Ravens took care of the Steelers.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, the Bills let the Broncos, Eagles beat the Packers, and the Commanders got by the Buccaneers. We got one more Wildcard game left Tonight. Matt Stafford and the Rams are gonna host Justin Jefferson and the Vikings on Monday Night Football. This game was relocated from La to Arizona because of the wildfire. Kickoff is at seven and you can hear it or you can watch it on ESPN and ABC. And basketball Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Grizzlies at the Toyota Center, Tipox at seven, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports rock and alternative.
Speaker 1: Very used to the rod.
Speaker 4: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning to day. Hey, what's going on with that?
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan's show. A bunch of stuff in there is wild in here this morning.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Halfway part of the show, pabo percent chance rain, sunny, highs of around at sixty. You're still getting emails about quote unquote Laura and I'm sorry to think that's not her name.
Speaker 2: Go back and listen to the podcast. How about gonna repeat stuff from the other hours. But that's how other morning shows operates, It's not how we do it here.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate the email. A lot of people inputting and talking about Laura and whether she needs to come clean. She didn't do anything wrong. Podcast podcasts in the show every day.
Speaker 3: I am, okay, it's getting up a little bit later because I'm doing some other stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The guy's busy, guys busy doing like ten other jobs over there. Chilli an hour from now. You told me that we're jumping in on some sort of a national contest. He didn't really tell me much about it. That's all.
Speaker 7: The Infite the Wizard really really.
Speaker 5: Good to me.
Speaker 2: You don't have anything else on that now?
Speaker 7: He just said, Hey, no give away at nine ten because we got a contest that starts.
Speaker 2: All right, big national contest coming our way. Do we know what it is? No, nobody has.
Speaker 7: Kid's been very mysteriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he seems to be getting into football more. I think his girlfriend's in the football, so he's into football, you.
Speaker 7: Know, probably so Probably the guy.
Speaker 2: Never watched sports before.
Speaker 1: I don't at all. He uses every sports our boss uses resports analogy known to man. But a guy that doesn't watch any sports at all. I mean, he's the guy that, like, you know, well we're trying to work here is you know, shave a few strokes. That guy's never watched golf on TV in his.
Speaker 2: Life, not at all. And I don't know him the most golf.
Speaker 1: I don't know him to ever play, but he loves talking about shaving a few strokes off.
Speaker 7: Then the most athletic sport he's ever played, it was beer.
Speaker 1: Pong beer Pong proudly the cube. Yeah, TRUEBN, So we do have some sort of a national deal. We've got ghost tickets coming up for you in just a little bit now. Jillie Ashley with an Eye has sent me three emails telling me that she sent in six picks.
Speaker 2: What's happening.
Speaker 7: I have no idea we do.
Speaker 2: We just because you send them indism and we post them.
Speaker 1: It's not like the thing.
Speaker 2: So she doesn't get her six picks up.
Speaker 1: You know who's sending in an awesome picture, Nurse D.
Speaker 2: Go to our stories, Nurse D.
Speaker 1: But Nurse D sent in just a singular hashtag Houston Sunrise picture. I think it's in laporte. OMG, no filter, no nothing. This picture is beautiful. I mean that thing needs to be in a frame. It's so good. Thank you, Nurse D. All right, let's take a look here, Alex. You said you sent in six picks to that. All right, now, listen. I know you got a cute baby over there, so I know these pictures are gonna kill Alex has six picks for the weekend. My wife worked Saturday morning, so I hung out with my daughter. That's a picture out of the gate is funny. Yeah, well, because I never see you without a baseball cap. You're a baseball cap every single day in.
Speaker 2: Most of the time at work. I don't have great hair.
Speaker 1: I don't think most of the time. I think you have a wonderful head of hair too. But you you wear a baseball cap every day. Yeah, you look weird without a baseball cap. To me, that's how I know you wear a baseball cap every day. It's like when somebody gets lasi, they're walking around with no glasses, like happened. Why do you look so upset? Why are you upset? What do you mean looking right now?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: You don't have glasses all right? So there you are there it is hair all over the place.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You went to Knicks place to go watch the Texans game. Yep, okay, that's cool. Texas played on Saturday. You had the kid on Saturday. I had a kid Saturday morning. My wife worked and then when she got home straight off and I went and watch football.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get loaded take her to Like we just figured maybe don't take her to the bar for the whole game.
Speaker 2: So we didn't take he.
Speaker 4: To the bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she won't last the whole game. All right, man, that kid she looks like a different kid does but you see her every single day. So do you notice it in pictures?
Speaker 3: Because I notice it in pictures more than like when I see her, Like when you look back, you're like, oh wow, you were little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, this is cute. I like your hell Fire Radio T shirt. Yeah's my favorite morning show, Alex. I'll say this, the dam thing looks so good on you.
Speaker 1: That smile on your face is so genuine, and it's I think it's a smile that only a kid can bring to your face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool. You have that, you have that thing.
Speaker 1: You're now a guy that knows you either know or you don't know. You now know. That's that's that's the only I'm gonna I'm gonna end it there. You either know where you don't, you.
Speaker 3: Know, little stuff like that. And he's like, I don't know, I had fun hanging out with it that morning.
Speaker 2: Like none of your teams are in the playoffs, no nothing. Man's are actually the hottest even hockey. They've won seventh straight.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't look like a guy that's upset that the Giants aren't in postseason football.
Speaker 2: That does not look like a guy. I know how you how heavy that crown.
Speaker 1: Is for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he helps with it a lot. She helps with it a lot. You needed that kid.
Speaker 1: You were going to spontaneously combust if you didn't have a child, or it might be dead, Julie, won't you worried about how tightly he was wound? Yeah, I mean he's still wound tight. Believe me, this guy is tightly wound. But I feel like that kid has loosened him up a little bit.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Now he bets on how many diapers he's going to chain today.
Speaker 2: I crushed that, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Alex's six picks on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 2: It's milf Monday, Chili.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go look right now. I'm sure. I promise I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna go look right now.
Speaker 7: Hey know what, go ahead, Ashley and I send it by twenty emails telling Roder go look at the milf please listen. I thought, anyway, you'll go and see stuff.
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 1: Ashley took wonderful pictures for six picks this weekend. I'm sure they're beautiful pictures. He's at the Texans game.
Speaker 5: Too.
Speaker 1: She ran into an old friend. I thought they were wonderful, and I told her as such. I'm not whether or not that makes its way over the links and guests. I'm not control of that.
Speaker 7: I mean, I would just love for you to say, wow, cheerlead that milk today is wonderful.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna go do that the Texans game.
Speaker 7: But look at her at the beach, laying down, shaking me like you know, here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm going to well number one as always, I'm gonna go and listen to these great commercials we have lined up for you. Okay. I love this and I'm gonna get out and I'm gonna support everything that I here in this commercial break, I'm gonna go support all of them, okay, because that's what keeps this show free. So I want you to listen to that. But I am going to check out the MILF. I'm going to knock out some pushups, and then when we come back, we'll find out what's trending and we'll get you some ghost tickets. Rock and Alternative fever Us Dear The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, did what I said I was gonna do.
Speaker 1: Listening to all those fantastic sponsors of the Rod Ryan Show. Check Milf Monday. Check it's wonderful. Yeah, no names, man, you should take credit for that. Whoever sent that in, thank you. And then I got a little bit more information about the cash contest. At nine ten, Radio Wizard said it's cash. Baby, got another cash contest.
Speaker 2: I do like cash.
Speaker 1: Alternative income, all right, one thousand dollars in alternative income at ninety four to five, The Buzz nine times, nine times, Paris Builder fans nine times a day, nine to ten through five to ten each hour at ten after listen for the keywords on the tens. Okay, so we're getting into some cash. I like that, sunny skies, I like that, low chances of rain. Yeah, hi, sixty beautiful day. All right, Sorry, I took a lot of what's trending.
Speaker 2: Speaking of milf Monday, Milk Monday is trending.
Speaker 1: Okay, now it's worthy of the look. Yeah, it's really really good. Submitted anonymously. That's fine.
Speaker 2: It's Marilla j and.
Speaker 1: Pretty great.
Speaker 2: It's a fine feature. Pretty great start to the week.
Speaker 3: I would say, So, go start your week great by checking out our Milk Monday feature.
Speaker 2: Thank you no mesurad Ryanshippages buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: Also, it's strained all morning NFL Playoffs, Baby, that's what everybody's talking about. We had Super Wildcard weekend. We still have one more game left tonight. Everybody's talking about the Commanders coming back to win on a last second field goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Here locally, the.
Speaker 3: Texans just dominant after that first quarter and and I'm not going to mention the team from Philadelphia that one, but there's a lot of people online talking about that too.
Speaker 2: Who cares what we are?
Speaker 1: We blowing up Rex Ryan enough here in Houston and maybe Chili. I need to ask him this. Rex Ryan is the one that said that. He said that the Chargers playing the Texans was like a bye week, giving no respect to the Texans at all. And I saw him on there and he said, hey, I got it wrong, and we'll see what they do next week. But should we be Chili? Should we be blowing up Rex Ryan more?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 7: I mean nobody really cares about him, he really nobody even he was still and I mean he's trying to go coach the Jets. That just tells you how much of a winning mentality he has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 2: I mean he wants back in on that job for sure.
Speaker 7: I mean the more attention we pay him, the more of a favor were doing them to get that job.
Speaker 1: You know, I like, you do want that because you want the justice suck, all right? Rex Ryan is in the rear view of mirror, and now Patrick Mahomes is in the crossheads public. Okay one great, Yeah, I will playoffs in training. And then Taylor Swift is trending.
Speaker 3: She this is actually she gave her crew a one hundred thousand dollars bonus for the eras to it, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Like working on that you' getting one hundred thousand dollars from Taylor.
Speaker 1: Swet more money.
Speaker 2: I think she already I hate that, guys.
Speaker 3: The video of her signing the check over to everybody, so I guess now they're getting the checks.
Speaker 2: But that is what is trending on night. Moved by the buzz. The Chiefs haven't played yet in the playoffs and she's done with her tool will not be mentioning her for the rest of the week.
Speaker 3: Out of solid area with the Texans that was just like, that was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: But they're gonna show her during the game Texans Chiefs this Saturday, right, I.
Speaker 2: Won't be looking at her Saturday, Saturday after thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same time as last week, same results as last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that Ghost is coming to town. I want to see this band live. I've heard they put on a hell of a live show.
Speaker 2: I like them.
Speaker 1: Ghost is August sixteenth at the Toyota Center. Tickets are on sale now at Toyotas Center dot com. Win a free pair of tickets from us. I'll just take caller ten seven, one, three, two five, Hala.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan Show, Come ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Chili Peppers and can't stop, Won't do it? Not gonna do it? Ten percent chance of rain for your milf Monday, sunny skies today and we'll see highs all the way up until up up to sixty today. I love that. I love that for me, Good morning, brod Ryan's Show, Good mor Hi, who's this?
Speaker 2: This is Shannon?
Speaker 1: Shannon. Ask me if I'm in a good mood? Ask me, just go ahead, ask are you in a good mood? I'm in a great mood. Shannon, such a good mood right now?
Speaker 2: How are you today?
Speaker 3: Feel like?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna pretty good one too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's got you feeling good? I don't know.
Speaker 10: It's Monday and I stepped out of bed and not not you know, not six feet under.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: And your caller number ten. I hope that helps too. Hell yeah, yeah, awesome. What do you know about the band Ghosts? Do you know anything about them?
Speaker 5: Not a whole lot, not a whole lot.
Speaker 10: I've seen a few of their music videos, but definitely got a cool stage presence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a real theatrical show and I like that. And now I've grown to Now I've grown to like their music too. I used to give Phyllis crap about ghost all the time. Always I did all the time. I gave a crap about this band. Now I like them, So she knew she was early on. This Ghost is playing and they're big too. Man.
Speaker 2: They're playing the Toyota Center on August twelfth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So tickets are on sale now, Shannon, you're going all right.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's awesome. It's so cool.
Speaker 2: That is awesome, all right, Shannon, thanks, man, continue having a.
Speaker 1: Great day, my man. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it your positive.
Speaker 1: Energy today on the show. I'm gonna carve out some time on Friday. I want to see where you guys are at, those of you that told us that you have new New Year's resolutions, things that you wanted to do differently, whether it's well, whatever it is that you that you set as a goal for yourself. I figured, I know you did this Quitter's Day thing. Not you did it, but you were telling everybody that it was none. It was known as Quitter's Day. On Friday. Yeah, I was doing really good, and then my New Year's resolution was to do one hundred push ups a day. I am no longer a guy that does one hundred push ups a day. I'm a guy that does push ups every day that plays. I did seventy five on Saturday, thinking, okay, I'll just knock out that other twenty five later life later.
Speaker 2: Never life happened on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Life happened on Saturday, and I never knocked out the other twenty five. Fine, dude, I don't judge you, so am I okay, Well that's it. I don't do this anymore. No, I do this until Saturday or Sunday rolled around and I only did fifty. The Lord's Day I did fifty.
Speaker 2: I really got caught up in those.
Speaker 1: Football games to day rests. I really got caught up. And then I'm being lazy. I was eating chicken wings and you know, bean soup. I did fifty. So I didn't do one hundred pushups Saturday or Sunday.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to go back to today. I'm back at it today, and just let this be a lesson to you that Okay, it's all right, but don't blow it. Meaning Okay, well then I don't do this anymore.
Speaker 1: No, I still do it. I just didn't do the one hundred. Yes, I'm going to do one hundred today. I'm going to do a hundred every.
Speaker 2: Day this week.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do it. I'm going to get back on board. I did push ups every day. I just didn't do the number that I wanted. All Right. This kind of goes hand in hand with this new poll of vegetarians and vegans. Thirty eight percent admit that they have cheat meals with meat. Now, vegetarians, I think those are the ones that still eat dairy and eggs. Vegans are a little bit more strict vegetarians fall off the wagon a little bit more often vegans. Once you make that decision, a lot of people really really stick with that. It's not a one time thing, though. People on these plant based diets say that they rarely eat meat but occasionally once or twice a year. Thirty eight percent. Forty seven percent of people say that they don't eat meat but maybe once or twice a year. It's okay, you're still a vegetarian. If you have meat twice a year, you're a vegetarian. Doesn't it back you up?
Speaker 2: Doesn't it just hit you like a sledgehammer.
Speaker 3: Like your Tana was doing like a vegetarian phase. And I remember she had barbecue, and I think it back to her up it was either one or the other.
Speaker 2: The back to when right through her something with barbecue sauce makes me go the sauce. Yeah, it's the sauce. It's for me, for me anyway.
Speaker 1: Can you call yourself a vegetarian if you have a if you have two burgers a year and everything else you're strict on, are you still a vegetarian?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: For me, you are.
Speaker 2: For me, you are.
Speaker 3: I'm not that like because you can't say it like you're not saying I'm a strict vegetarian, Like I'm pretty I'm a vegetarian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes I do other stuff.
Speaker 1: So that Now, this poll was conducted by a beef company.
Speaker 2: Okay, but they are.
Speaker 1: They're selling vegan and vegetarian meat. So if you're eating meat very often, you could you probably cannot identify as a vegetarian or a vegan. You can call yourself very health conscious, picky eater, or you eat meat in moderation, your meat curious, which is funny, but a couple times, Okay, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: Now Arby's. Arby's has just said we need people in here.
Speaker 1: Their New Friday was Quitter's Day, when people were most likely to abandon their New Year's resolutions. If you want to pretend that you're still sticking to your diet, Arby's they've got you covered over there.
Speaker 2: The New Year, same you.
Speaker 1: They added salad to their menu, so you can go to Arby's and get a salad. Now, the problem is you step up to the counter, you order a salad with dressing. This week, you're gonna get a double beef and cheddar sandwich and a green smoothie. Will get you a milkshake, steamed vegetables gets you curly fries. They've renamed their menu items.
Speaker 3: Uh so then you can go back and be like, honey, I wasn't eating all these things.
Speaker 2: I had a salad.
Speaker 1: The ideas you can cheat, but you can get around it on a technicality. If anyone to ask, you say, well, all I had for lunch was a salad. It's listed as a salad. That but it's a double beef and shutter sandwich. That is great stupid. If you are looking that hard for technicalities, you should do something else.
Speaker 3: No, I absolutely agree, but I do respect the technicalities being there for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like a handful of cities that are doing this. I don't know that we're on there.
Speaker 1: So if you go to the local Arby's and you ask for a salad, they might look at you like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I don't know if they're doing this here, but I want you.
Speaker 1: To go to it.
Speaker 2: I want you to ask for the salad like it's like a drug dealer.
Speaker 1: Can I get the salad?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 1: Wink wink, nudge, nudge the salad? You know, you know how you guys do salads here? I want one of those salads, you know what I mean with the drippy cheese and.
Speaker 2: The beef.
Speaker 1: Experience, Adventure in the Cosmic ninety four or five, the buzz good morning, rod Ryan's show at his sublime and feel like that Jacob Nol with some tracks from his dad on there. Yeah, that's really cool. I'm glad that that's the we debuted that song on this show. And then you guys are you've been around long enough so you know how this works. We get to play a brand new song, we test the waters out, we take a lot of calls on it, emails, wizards, got to overanalyze everything forever and then figure out, okay, what are we gonna do here? So sometimes you'll put some stuff in the evening. It's not that that's a lesser audience. It's just, you know, it's a more adventurous audience.
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 1: The different day parts do mean something without getting too nerdy on it, the day parts meaning morning drive, afternoon drive, midday nights, overnights.
Speaker 2: Those are your day parts.
Speaker 1: And you know, some stuff he'll just park on overnights just to see if there's something happening with it. And that one, that one he kind of realized, Hey, wait a minute, this there's something here. I'm glad that they we're playing it in the morning and Jacob Dole, you were just talking about it and at the twentieth anniversary show, that kid was awesome. He was so cool.
Speaker 3: He had no idea what to like, what you what to expect, and just every expectation You're like, Justin was incredible.
Speaker 2: Justin's always incredible. But like, but Justin walks.
Speaker 1: Around because he's Justin, super humble, but he's a rock star. Absolutely, Justin knows.
Speaker 2: He's a rock star. He doesn't act like it, but he just has a presence about him. This kid.
Speaker 1: Didn't have that at all. I mean on stage he owned it. Yeah, but just talking to me, he was just this just silly guy, just hang out. Yes, he was just so unassuming. I think that's what it was.
Speaker 3: And it was just like you, he was the biggest question mark for everybody, I feel like going in and just absolutely exceeded every expectation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really really fun.
Speaker 1: Let's just have another party again, I don't we're the buzz fest. Let's have another Yeah, I was gonna say, we do have a party, just do again.
Speaker 2: Just do again.
Speaker 1: We do have a party.
Speaker 2: It's called Buzzfest Tic gets around sale now party.
Speaker 1: Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pulvilion. You can get your tickets through ticket Master locations, Dope Book, Garrotte's Yet. I'm gonna do that first, bro, I gave you the pro.
Speaker 2: Test last week.
Speaker 1: We get your hotel room, got it? Isn't that like Labor Day weekend? I think so?
Speaker 2: Probably, dude, get your room.
Speaker 1: I'll get it now, I'll get it. I'm going into a break. I got stuff to do it on the break. Go do your go. Get a right.
Speaker 2: Busy season, don't worry about any of that stuff. Wedding season. People are picking their dates.
Speaker 1: They've already like determined one of the most popular dates this year. I mean, Saturdays are always the most requested dates for weddings. Yeah, yeah, wedding planners. And then you get, oh boy, astrology experts.
Speaker 2: Nope, we don't got to cover that on this show anymore.
Speaker 1: June fourteenth is seems to be the number one reserved date right now, according to the pros. June twenty first, summer Soltice Solstice, September twentieth or September tenth is that September twenty seventh. They skip that that was my day June fourteenth, June twenty first, September twentieth, September twenty seventh. And then, like the numerology nerds, I never realized, and I never even believed that it was a thing that somebody wanted to get married because the numbers were cool. I get it if you get a one, two, three four, or you get a seven seven seven.
Speaker 2: I remember I was around during that, the eight eight eight.
Speaker 3: Josh Tree got married on two twenty two at twenty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was cool. It was two twenty two, twenty two.
Speaker 1: I think my neighbor he's talking about these dates, and he's talking about like when he's hoping that his kids are born, like he's into the numbers.
Speaker 2: Who cares, I mean, not doing a good football game.
Speaker 11: I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess if you're hoping to get an easy date that you don't forget.
Speaker 2: That's all that's that makes sense.
Speaker 1: But dates for numerology this year four five twenty five it's a Saturday, and then eight eight twenty five is a Friday. I guess just because there's a repeating number in there, that's what's cool about it.
Speaker 3: Two five twenty five would be a good one to remember easily.
Speaker 1: Five twenty five twenty five and one twenty five twenty five or both saturdays. I would never in a million years schedule a wedding to land on that date. It was it for me. It was do we have any monster jams going on? What promotion are we running? When do we have time?
Speaker 2: Is the venue available?
Speaker 3: With pretty much my deciding fact like wait that, okay, this one's not availed that day.
Speaker 1: This one is, we're gonna go with this one.
Speaker 2: It's so unheard of for me to think that you would pick out.
Speaker 1: A date because it sounds cool and then make everything happen around that date.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like, how flexible are you? Right?
Speaker 2: I'm not very flexible. I needed to be at a certain spot and everything it.
Speaker 1: All you're right, where are you gonna get married? And the location we had that that's hard.
Speaker 3: That we were choosing from. And then we were like, all right, well we like this one. These are the dates they gave, say well, let's go at this one. Try before football stats.
Speaker 1: If you get that venue that you want to get married at, if it lands on turd turd twenty five book it. Yeah, all right, well those are those are the big wedding dates this year, right of us, Rocky and all tearing very soon.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Morning Show, I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Dum Many four five the bus Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Got a chance for you to win some cash coming up, Alternative income nine ten. We jump in with our iHeart Brothers and Sisters and National contest Chance to one one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: We started off at nine.
Speaker 5: Ten.
Speaker 1: It goes at ten, ten, eleven, ten, twelve, ten, thirteen, ten, fourteen, ten, fifteen, ten, Military time, military guys and gals, they understand.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Teresa's gonna do it all the way up till five ten. Chance one one thousand dollars each hour.
Speaker 1: Ten If you're good luck on the Thank you for that. Sonny skies, Well, I can't say no rain. Low chances of rain vetter or not rain. Sonny in sixty, get me outside, okay, taking the bicycle out today? Oh yeah, taking the bicycle out today. Let's go one final time. Alex has Houston's headlines, Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: The death toll in the Los Angeles or in Los Angeles continue to rise as wild fires continue to rage. As of now, there are twenty four confirmed fire related debts, but that's expected to grow in the coming days. White House officials said yesterday that over twenty four thousand people have registered for FEMA assistance since President Joe Biden approved a major Disaster declaration last week. Some Houston firefighters are even on their way to help with these fires. Firefighters from Houston, Baytown, Conrad, Needham, and Northern Montgomery County fire departments are all on their way right now. They left early Saturday morning to try and help out. They're in their own fire engine, so it's going to take them a little bit to get there, but they're expected to be there for at least the next fourteen days.
Speaker 2: That's cool that we're.
Speaker 3: Getting to help out, but also our thoughts are with everyone affected by those fires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wonder how that works.
Speaker 1: If they looked up, you know, I mean they looked for volunteers to go.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was probably volunteers first, and then it was just like, hey, we got to get people out here.
Speaker 2: They said it.
Speaker 1: So you said fourteen days, They said it could easily, they could easily tack on another week. They know, absolutely it might be going, you know, from their families for twenty one days and they're battling one of the most the fiercest fires that we've ever seen in America.
Speaker 3: I know that it's kind of different stuff, but like whenever there's flooding and stuff here, we always have people from all over the country coming to help out. So it's cool seeing our people go out there and help out, and that this is a unique case. I know that we always help out in Louisiana and everywhere else, but it's cool seeing like the local Ustonians going out there and helping out. Twenty twenty four was the hottest year in recorded history, according to many government agencies. According to scientists, it was the hottest year since eighteen eighty and the previous hottest year, which doesn't make sense. It was twenty twenty three, So if it was the hottest since eighteen eighty, but twenty twenty three was also so hotter, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's people that don't like this talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, what thermometer are you looking at, bro govern make conspiracy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know a fountain. Listen, it's hot, I know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna go out on lemons, say twenty twenty five. Next year will say that that was the hottest year. Oh yeah, that's probably how that's seeing.
Speaker 1: So what the tea leaves are saying.
Speaker 3: The consecutive records are part of a continued warming trajectory scientists have been warning people about for years.
Speaker 1: Have you taken your Christmas decorations down yet? Yes?
Speaker 2: Well, if you haven't, it may not be the worst thing.
Speaker 3: Because, according to a new survey, forty five percent of people say that there shouldn't be a deadline on when holiday decorations come down. Others say that your decorations should come down by January sixteenth, which is Thursday. If you're trying to follow that timeline, we don't say that.
Speaker 1: Other people say that the rod Ryansch was not telling you that.
Speaker 3: A lot of people do say that seeing the lights makes them happy, that they wouldn't mind seeing them year round. I do think it would be funny to just have like Valentine's Day lights, make that a thing.
Speaker 2: The light the light companies would love that.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious why to go with any Cristmas music during this story, because I.
Speaker 2: Know what you would have changed it to come in five. There's this one on the boo bleboard today.
Speaker 1: I mean, why wouldn't you just put some Christmas music in to accompany your cast time story.
Speaker 2: I said it was holiday lights.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It could be Honikah lights. People were taken down to Honika went down a little late.
Speaker 1: Every bit of Christmas has been scoured from my house and it's such a good feeling.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love to decorate. I missed Christmas.
Speaker 1: God when it goes away, it's I'm so glad that it's like out of sight, out of mind. I love it.
Speaker 3: They were taking the light up Christmas trees, like the metal ones they have down by our office here. Down the other day when I was going post over, they were slowly pulling those up in that kind of enemy said, it's like, now it's really over. I knew it was over, but now it's really over when the lights are gone. Tamothy Shalla May is going to host Saturday Night Live on January twenty fifth, but he won't just host. He will also be the musical guest that night. Only forty one people in the show's fifty year history I've ever hosted and been the musical guest only a few of those weren't primarily singers, like Desi arnez aka, Ricky Ricardo, he did that nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 2: S Gary Busey did that in nineteen seventy nine. Who did you say?
Speaker 5: He was?
Speaker 2: He eating ass?
Speaker 1: He played Buddy Holly back in the day, and I think he was up for an Academy Award for that guy.
Speaker 3: And I'm assuming it had something to do around that time. Just Scary Busey's name stuck out on that list.
Speaker 2: What did he yeah to do?
Speaker 3: And then Lily Tomlin also did it twice nineteen seventy five and nineteen eighty three. Shalome has been getting really good reviews for his portrayal of Bob Dylan and the biopic A Complete.
Speaker 2: Unknown, but there's no word on whether or not he's going to.
Speaker 3: Be singing Dylan on SNL he has though if I do not know, I'm not saying he doesn't have originals, but I do not recall ever hearing of a Timothy Shallomey original. So unless he does have originals he's going to debut, then he probably would.
Speaker 2: You would think, what if it goes out there and does a couple of rage covers just Oh, that'd be cool. He just says this. Tom Morello comes out and they just do Rage. That would be badass, best episode ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Rage, It's the Machines Killing the Name has now hit one billion streams on Spotify. We are an iHeartRadio show, though, but you have to acknowledge this milestone because it was first released in November of nineteen ninety two in the wake of the La Riots, since become a beloved anthem to many around the world. Over the weekend, Morello did acknowledge this milestone and thinking all of those that listened, including quote those who love it, those who hate it, and those who have enjoyed it without understanding it.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston's heavlones.
Speaker 3: Justin's real headlines should be that the Texans whipped the Chargers' ass on Saturday.
Speaker 1: They ate them thirty two to twelve.
Speaker 3: It was a rough start, rough first quarter, but they got things together after that. Stevens had four interceptions, one of those being a pick six. They also returned a block extra point for two points. Joe Mixon had a one hundred and six yard game a touchdown on twenty six carries. Most of that was in the second half to ice the game. Texans are now going to play the Chiefs in the Divisional round on Saturday at three th Already you won last week at three thirty on Saturday. Just run it back this time. You just got to beat the chief It's totally the Chiefs. It's just the chief No one's won it won three in a row. So let's just do that. Like, just just end it now, dude, Luck's got to run out sometime.
Speaker 2: Let's all unite in our hatred. Let's just do it. Of all things, Jesus City, just do it.
Speaker 1: And the Chiefs and Mahomes and Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Whip all cool, whippy. You're the team that that tackled the Giant. They're my new Patriots, they really are. They're my new Patriots.
Speaker 1: I hate them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So big game ahead for the Texans. But let's celebrate getting the dub over the Chargers right now while we still can't, because that was that was awesome. Some other results from Super Wild Card weekend Saturday night, the Ravens took care of the Steelers, the Bills beat the Broncos. Yesterday, they Eagles got by the Packers, and the Commanders beat the Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: We've got one more wild Card game tonight.
Speaker 3: Matt Stafford and the La Rams are going to take on Justin Jefferson and the Minnesota Vikings on Monday Night Football. Vikings are two and a half point favorites heading into this one. Kickoff is at seven and you can watch it on ESPN and ABC and basketball. The Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Grizzlies at the Toyota Center. Tip Off is at seven and you can listen to that game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: I know there's some Australian thing you were talking about in basketball. I only have room in my heart for one thing right now, this football, I'm telling how to be. I'm obsessed, though, I'm obsessed right now. What a weekend? And you said it earlier. I think it was off there. You're like, I wish it was just Saturday and Sunday already.
Speaker 2: Just more time, more me too, the next round.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a fun weekend.
Speaker 3: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety five ninety four or five the bus. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Welcome to the nine o'clock hour, nine oh eight.
Speaker 2: I got a chance for me to win a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Some alternative income is coming up. All the instructions are coming your way. I think it's gonna be a key word.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to it together, figure out what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: But this is gonna be your marching orders for some time now, a couple of weeks more than that. But it's gonna be every hour nine to five, nine, ten, ten, ten, eleven, ten, twelve, ten, one ten, two, ten, three, ten, four, ten, five ten, So Terresa, we'll wrap it up at five ten Today Sunny's guys ten percent chance of rain him around sixty. I can't keep track of all these national days. There's some kind of a plant day over the weekend. Like plants. Yeah, like plants. I'm not good at keeping plants. My mom, it didn't That's the one thing I didn't get from my mom. My mom was killer at keeping houseplants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lost them at it thought some power plants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not good cillar plants. I wouldn't be good attending to those either. Today's National clean out your desk day. You know, it's cool about that. I don't have a desk anymore, ohcause I don't have an office anymore. But I got a desk at home, and I can't keep that sucker clean. Even when I had an office, I couldn't keep it clean. Somebody said, well, that's a sign of you know, being a genius.
Speaker 2: I went with that.
Speaker 1: I didn't. Why not, It's not true, but I went with it. So national clean off your desk Day.
Speaker 2: What a day I did. That's it, that's it. Just clean your desk today.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to get into the microbes on your keyboards, the sixteen million microbes that are on your keyboard right now. But what I did find out, which I thought was a fun fact, was Charles Darwin, thank you very much, revolutionizing the office chair.
Speaker 2: He added wheels to it.
Speaker 1: Wow, he put wheels on his office chair and he's wheeling around.
Speaker 2: That's how he got to the galapagoes. Uh, yeah, that's exactly how he got He did that so long ago.
Speaker 1: Why did it take so long to get him on luggage? And why did it take so long to put wheels on a cooler? Crazy to me that my dad would haul around a cooler, a Coleman cooler, green one that everybody had. My dad would put it on his shoulder and he'd carry that sucker to the beach with us. No wheels, just that he's a man. Yeah. The luggage thing, I remember being a little kid and some teacher was retiring. I was in grade school and she rolled in her luggage and she showed us her luggage and we went, oh, like we were seeing like a shiny new car. We looked at luggage that had wheels on it. It was the first time I'd ever I remember the first time I saw a pair of wheels on it set of luggage, not four wheels, just too And then they changed it to her.
Speaker 3: Now you have to like lean it it just like stands up, roll it on all four Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember no wheels on garbage cans. Okay, we had. We had these aluminum garbage cans. They were so messed exactly that, and I remember my dad taking out the garbage and carrying them and then I was so grouchy there were no wheels.
Speaker 2: Became my job.
Speaker 1: We had these aluminum garbage cans forever, you know, before they had the automated and pick up things and all of that.
Speaker 2: Do we have wheels on everything that we need wheels on them?
Speaker 1: Definitely not.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's my thought.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you got just think of like Heeali's how like they were tracked. Okay, all furniture would benefit with wheels the retractable, that's what. But boom, who wouldn't want to like roll out their stuff and like clean underneath and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really good.
Speaker 1: The kitchen table, the armoire, the bed, everything should have wheels. When you wanted to cocoon, you hit some kind of.
Speaker 2: Button and then now you can move it around and you can clean underneath.
Speaker 1: I don't hate that at all. I'm gonna use your term.
Speaker 2: Verbal trademark verbal trademark. Nobody can say that.
Speaker 1: I'm verbal trademarking the wheeled furniture.
Speaker 2: This is marked.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: You can listen back to the podcast that was when Rod Ryan on January thirteenth, at nine to twelve said verbal trademark.
Speaker 1: That's his I can hear him. Now, come on down today. We got just the furniture. We got the furniture with wheels out of back bark back, no back back slips.
Speaker 2: Come on, we got wheels on our furniture. We can hear Mac. I can hear Mac right now we talk to Mac. Max's definitely gonna behind that. You know, these are the ones that Rod talked about on the air. Mack back wheels on the furniture, and you'll get to be in a match there. I know they make little dollies and I know they make all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I get it. I'm talking about you. You buy the furniture and he's got yeah wheels.
Speaker 2: Onton and then there's a little wheeled pops out. Yep, exactly. I like that a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, how long do you think we just had barrows before we got the wheelbarrow?
Speaker 2: I don't know if that there was. It was a brerol, but a barrow. Yeah, I don't think there was.
Speaker 1: I think that I think those two came at the same time.
Speaker 2: Okay, I always wanted that.
Speaker 1: I don't know the history. Guys, money you want it? All right, welcome back everybody. Well, good luck on that alternative income. And it's just the start of great things. Man, Jeremy, we'll give you another chance. You'll get another keyword at around ten ten and I said on the tens until five ten with Teresa so plenty of opportunities each and every day to get in on that alternative income.
Speaker 2: It's one thousand dollars a pop.
Speaker 1: And uh, you know it's a national contest, but we want you guys to play along so that we can brag that, Oh yeah, Houston won again. Oh yeah, look at Houston, they won again. So let's get some winners here. Sawny Today ten percent chance of rain Hives sixty Alex Standing Buck Comline, Kid's Alix Online ninety five, The Mud. All right, what's going on.
Speaker 2: We're gonna check your eyesight today, Rod.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see.
Speaker 2: How good you see stuff I don't know. So it is called.
Speaker 3: The eyesight focus test, and you're basically try and see if you can get this knocked out in three minutes or less. It'll be something like you'll see a bunch of j's in a row, you have to pick the one l you have to click it, and.
Speaker 2: Then you move on to the next one.
Speaker 3: Or you see a bunch of o's, you got to find the queue, click it, move on to the next one.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm pretty good at this. I may have just seen one of these over the weekend. It was like a bunch of ends and then there was an him in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's exactly like that. Sometimes your eye goes right to it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it goes right too, but then sometimes you spend in.
Speaker 2: Way too long.
Speaker 1: Where the hell is?
Speaker 2: I've looked all over this, I can't find it.
Speaker 1: So you have to get it's a series of these.
Speaker 2: Series of these.
Speaker 3: If you can do it in three minutes or less, you got good eyesight focus, it says.
Speaker 1: If not, go get those papers checked out.
Speaker 3: But go check it out and see how your eyesight focused eyesight focus is Today at the world famous rod Ryan showbagsedobus dot com.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Show one.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: That's three days Grace and so called Life Milk Monday.
Speaker 2: We all took a look at that one today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did really, really good. Chili needs more Instagram features. He told me, Hey, I wouldn't mind you passing that along. I don't mind the Instagram feature every day is generated by what you send us to post on the website. If you don't know what day it fits in, don't worry. Chili will find up spot for it. That's what wild Everything has a space everything has room on the show. Everything has room on this show. So don't worry about like what specific day it is. But if you know that it falls in. I meant the girls loaded with tattoos shall probably appear on Tuesdays when we put them when we put up that feature.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is a.
Speaker 1: Reminder that we still need you guys to send these in. All right, Instagram feature of the day. You want to send in a dude, No want to look at it? It's cool you into that. That's fine, we'll post it. No want to look at it, but we'll still post it. I already try to looking at dudes this year.
Speaker 2: First week back, I put up a look at It Dudes.
Speaker 1: Didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Least visited blog page that we've done this year.
Speaker 1: Dead last on the year. Sunny's guys today, ten percent chance of rain hides of around sixty Have you ever heard of the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite Consumer Product Safety commission.
Speaker 2: You have heard of it before?
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Yeah you have, Yeah, you have? Yeah, And it only comes up. It only comes up at the end of the year, Okay, and it comes up. They keep track of emergency room visits and they keep track of what people put in their fanny.
Speaker 2: Why does okay? Okay, yeah, and I have heard of them. Yes, So again, it's the.
Speaker 1: US Consumer Product Safety Commission, and they kind of keep track of patients visiting the emergency room consumer products that had to be removed.
Speaker 2: That's the only time I've ever heard of them. Okay. Come to find now, every time.
Speaker 1: We talk about this, this is stuff that people are putting in their no go hole.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Nearly seventy eight percent of the patients are dudes that have stuff in their buttthole.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Forty percent of the patients require hospitalization. The average age is forty three years old. You're old enough to know that that plunger doesn't go there. I felt they're talking about over half of the foreign objects or foreign bodies, as they put it, were sexual objects, vibrators, beads, all other toys, balls, marbles, drugs, all associated with people receiving hospitalization for this.
Speaker 2: So I've heard of this before.
Speaker 1: You have two, and we've talked about some of the bizarre things that were in in buttholes. What I didn't know is that each year, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission compiles data from all the things that go down in the nation's emergency rooms, and they share it with the world. They shared this year and I've never seen this before. A list of things medical professionals had to pull out of ladies hot pockets, oh, in twenty twenty four. So is there anyone shocked that when there's a foreign object in a butthole, seventy eight percent of them are dudes? No, what is shocked at that? Okay, this is exclusive, This is exclusive. This is what is going on in the emergency rooms in our nation.
Speaker 2: Women the most popular things.
Speaker 1: And then nope, this is just even if it was one, it made the list. I love that US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So these are all items that had to be pulled out of a hot pocket of a female patient in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: A plastic triceratops. She might just be a Drassic Park fan.
Speaker 1: I mean that is like the pointiest, that is the pointiest that in the dinosaur the sharpest dinosaurs, the sharpest pointiest dinosaur. Yeah, okay, shotglass, okay, a toy, fire truck, an egg, a spork, a are of soap trying to clean up deodorant, Okay, a pencil, two pencils. Oh, and a pencil sideways. That had to be one of those little like bowling pencils. I would hope.
Speaker 2: Ouch perfume bottle.
Speaker 1: It wasn't sharpened, curling iron, dry erase marker, a bag of soil. This one comes with a whole quote quote was rough housing with the husband who lifted her up and accidentally dropped her on a hot dog cooker. I don't believe that at all. I think she tried to do something I don't know.
Speaker 2: Keys, candle climbing peg.
Speaker 1: Like from a rock climbing wall I guess all right, And a finger puppet are just some of what I saw here. These are some of the ones that I highlighted from the US Consumer Product Safety.
Speaker 3: Commission TRISERATOPSI is pretty whild, Yeah, right out of the gate, Right out of the gate, the pointiest of all the dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: Everything about it thing is rough. Everything about that thing is crazy. This has never ever come up in the history of me being on the radio.
Speaker 2: I never seen this list before. I need to see more of this.
Speaker 1: I never saw this qualification of items in that specific area. We've talked about what people have tried to smuggle into prisons.
Speaker 2: Yeah yet.
Speaker 1: And we've done the butt list before, but never the front butt list. And now we're breaking new ground.
Speaker 13: A rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, It's blink onin eighty two and all the small things and some of the larger ones too.
Speaker 1: Geez, that list day in that list, that's I'm just happened to come up to. I couldn't have planned that. I think Wizard planned that. Good morning, everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to not only your day, but your work week together. It seems like an eternity. But football will be back again this weekend. Yeah, buddy, you know what I mean. Yeah, football will be back again this weekend. It's so weird for me to have two teams that are playing in this late in the game. There's two teams that I'm like, just absolutely jacked about. If it comes to an impasse that these two teams have to play one another, well then let's just wait till we get to that point.
Speaker 2: There's the problems of having multiple teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, and I'm telling you what, that would be a great problem to have because that means the Texans beat the Kansas City Chiefs this weekend.
Speaker 2: I only have one in there. The worst.
Speaker 1: Sunny skies today ten percent chance of rain, highs of around sixty.
Speaker 2: Do I know this song? Espresso?
Speaker 1: Trent Reznor said the best song of twenty twenty four was Espresso by Sabrina Carpenter. Is at that?
Speaker 3: Do you remember this? Snl bit as Amen? It's me man the Domingo guys. Yes, that's what they're They're like us. Is the music I see?
Speaker 2: It's on every list of like the biggest song of the year.
Speaker 1: It slabs.
Speaker 2: Trent Resler said this is his favorite song from last year.
Speaker 13: Rock.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me listen. You can see.
Speaker 4: I can't be I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: She's working late because she's a singer. You don't understand.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, there's a there's a backstory.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I just one of the lines.
Speaker 1: She works hard for the money.
Speaker 2: Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: Right around the corner, the Madden Bowl has been announced. Chris Stapleton, Jelly Roll, Chabozi, Trombone Shorty Yeah are all playing something called the Madden Bowl. So it's the best Madden Football players in the world competing for one million dollars. It's at the Orpheum Theater in New Orleans, and then they have a concert around it. I guess, yeah, Okay, that's really country heavy. Huh.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Country is the cool thing right now, you know, and everybody's crossover. I don't know, if we're being honest, it's not. I mean, they threw Trombone Shorty in there just because he's a local guy.
Speaker 2: Everything else is country on this bill.
Speaker 1: It's like, you don't want to put one kind of more of a rockier actor.
Speaker 2: It's okay. What was Billy Eili's doing that weekend?
Speaker 1: I probably too big.
Speaker 2: EA Sports in the Game.
Speaker 1: Madden Bull, Madden Bull and all these great performers Friday February seventh on Twitch and YouTube social account.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're gonna stream the concert.
Speaker 1: They're gonna stream the guys playing, and they're gonna they said they're gonna stream the show.
Speaker 2: That's listen.
Speaker 1: I know that the Madden and the EA people, I know they have deep pockets and they have unlimited money.
Speaker 2: They can get anybody they want. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: What it costs to get Chris Stapleton, Jelly Roll and Shaboozie. I have no idea what that costs. I mean, it's probably the whole farm, you know, But I mean Chris Stapleton, it has a couple of million dollars for that lineup. That's a couple of million dollars. Yeah, to get those guys to play, because it's different.
Speaker 2: It's it's you know, you're getting a big corporation bringing you in. So that's a lot of money. Poor a lot of Madden copies. You think they get free Madden for that's what they get. Chaboozie doesn't play Madden.
Speaker 1: Maybe he does, Hey, my dude, I bet he does. He does. He looks like he played football. Chabboozi is a big dude. He's a big dude, big and looks pretty fit. Yeah he could probably. Chris Stapleton looks like he maybe played a couple of games back in the day. I wouldn't want to go against He looks like he might have a high school ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean, which is a high school jazz at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, know the show is coming up that and all kinds of stuff. They're selling an Elvis jockstrap, Yeah, and Elvis jockstrap is going to auction all of that stuff on.
Speaker 2: The on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: Today. I don't have time to talk about everything that we gather in the morning, but I do have time to give away Monster Jam tickets. A four pack with pit passes is coming up after the break, so stay there.
Speaker 3: Rock and Alternative to The rod Ryan Marning Show six to.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz, Welcome back.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Time for Know the show.
Speaker 1: Make sure you get the date right on this Oh no, he put Gary Clark junior tickets on here. Okay, all right, you did a little switch roo on me this morning. That's okay for Gary Clark Junior tickets live March first seven, one to three Music Hall tickets. You're on sale now. How you gonna win these tickets? What's your question today?
Speaker 3: Well, we talked about a fast food chain this morning that is trying to help people cheat on their New Year's resolutions. You can order a salad at this place and you're gonna get something that is definitely not a salad a salad, but that way you can tell people that's what you ordered. What fast food chain am I talking about?
Speaker 1: Like they were calling the fries something different and yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, so you want to know.
Speaker 3: The neighbor ordering like a smoothie and you get fries and stuff like that. But what is the fast food chain that we are discussing.
Speaker 2: They're on the food blog page seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: We are easy to find any place you are telling your smart device to blame.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The bus creed My Sacrifice Milf Monday wrapping up second Monday of January. Clean your desks today, That's all I learned to hand out on the show. If you're lucky enough to have a desk clean that, why didn't you clean it before the holidays?
Speaker 2: As it's that's futureiest problem.
Speaker 1: That was always my sick That was always my sick move. I wanted to walk into when I was clean desk. I'm clean it before that last day I cleaned over all in here and stuff like that. Just wants to walk into filth in.
Speaker 2: The new year.
Speaker 1: All right, if you're lucky enough to have a desk at work, clean it today. Sunny sky is ten percent chance of rain, high of sixty today. Time for show on ninety four to five The La La la, Good morning, good morning. Well hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: This is Robert Robert.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: Ready to win some tickets here?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, Well let's see if you were paying attention, Alex.
Speaker 3: What's your question, Robert, Robert, we were talking about in a fast food chain that's offering some new menu items that are really just code for other stuff on their menu items, like a salad. It's not a salad, it's a burger. But it helps you cheat on your New Year's resolution. What fast food chain was doing that?
Speaker 14: The worst place on Earth?
Speaker 7: Army?
Speaker 1: Okay, now is it the worst place on earth? Or are you following the lead of like some late night talk show guy. I mean, I do feel like Armist gets a lot of hate, and maybe it's just internet hate.
Speaker 2: Is it really bad? Robert?
Speaker 14: I there's the there's one right next to my job, and sometimes I have no choice and I regret it every time that I go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't they have like those awesome I haven't been there in years. Don't they have those awesome French fries?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Seasoned?
Speaker 14: I think I guess Jack and a box hoping tu though?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jack By said better.
Speaker 1: Robert knows this stuff all right. They're running a promo right now, New Year, Same. You hip up to the counter, order a salad with dressing, you get a double beef cheat double beef and cheddar sandwich. A green smoothie gets you a milkshit, and if you order steamed vegetables, curly fries so that when you go home and talk to your wife you say, oh, yeah, I just had a salad, smoothie and vegetables for lunch today and you were gorging up.
Speaker 14: I'm still doing good this year, you know, drinking and eating very healthy and working out.
Speaker 1: So are you doing?
Speaker 2: Are you doing dry twenty twenty five or dry January?
Speaker 14: I will go as long as I possibly can.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: And you're eating better?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yes, absolutely?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you weighing yourself or no, that's not important to you.
Speaker 14: No, yeah, I'm doing the entire like a whole lifestyle change.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 14: I'm still on that high for the beginning.
Speaker 5: Of the year.
Speaker 1: Now for you, dude. I said that I was going to carve out some time. I figured we would check in with people on the fifteenth. But I love hearing the updates and I'm glad you're still at it, Robert, and you just scored yourself tickets. We're playing them in the background right now. This is Gary Clark Junior. He's a four time Grammy winner. He's from Austin, Texas. He's going to be here March first, seven point three Music Hall. Dude, you're in awesome. Thank you so much, Thank you, bro Hey, continue successful with it, Robert.
Speaker 2: I love hearing that. I love hearing those stories.
Speaker 14: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: All right, hang on, Robert.
Speaker 1: Chilly.
Speaker 2: Did we ever hear from Matthew?
Speaker 1: I never got an email. Matthew was supposed to play the Fresh out of Bad Head to Head this morning. He was going for win number two, and then he.
Speaker 2: Was a no show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he emailed me. So I narrowed it down to the problem was our phones. Okay, so I cannot dial out because it was just getting a business signal the whole time because I try to call my cell phone and he was doing the same thing. So we'll work on that today. Get him on tomorrow, and tomorrow he's playing Sean Connery.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: I've already touch bases with them and stuff. So we got a couple ideas on how we can avoid anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, so we're good. Okay, Well I'm glad Matthew's okay. That's the most important thing. And I never tried to get too upset when we can't get ahold of the person because.
Speaker 2: Hey, something happened.
Speaker 1: Something happened. And then now you've got a factor in with us being here. It could be our fault, and it seems like it, I.
Speaker 2: Mean with the equipment's fault, not Chili's fault. It's it's just something.
Speaker 1: Here that's in house, which is awesome.
Speaker 7: Now, yeah, I mean we're not the sharpest tools.
Speaker 1: In the all right, that's it. We're back with you tomorrow. It is tat Tuesday. The MILF Monday was the number one link Chili. I did look at it today. I couldn't find Ashley with an Eye six picks. I couldn't find him. I looked on links and guests. I saw Alex's picks.
Speaker 7: Hey, yeah, why don't you just get pouring some more gasoline?
Speaker 2: I thought they were fine pictures.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The looking at Girls blog page was very popular today. Thank you for that. The food blog page today Three things you must see. All that stuff is there for you, man, whenever you get a chance, get over and check it out. We're gonna be We're gonna be directing you over to the website because's where you're gonna need to enter your keyword. National contest started up Alternative Income. We did it at nine ten. Jeremy, who's up next? He's going to do it again at ten, ten, eleven, ten, twelve ten. You get how that pattern works. We're gonna do that from nine to ten until five ten with Teresa Alternative Income a chance to win one thousand dollars. Okay, Alex's six picks did very very well, So if you didn't check those out, please do so, and then we're back again tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it's Tattuesday.
Speaker 1: We we can play game tomorrow. I'm I'm open to a little game tomorrow. I'll give do something at eight ten. You got some game suggestions, shoot him my way. You can always hit me up rod at the buzz dot com. And it's a designated matchup for the fresh out of ed head to head. Provided we get Matthew and double O seven, that's it. No one pump chump, I mean, somebody will be a one pump chump, but it won't be all have to, but somebody will be a returning champion for the first time in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: All right, Jeremy speaking up. I already mentioned him being Jeremy Benson. I love that guy. He's up next.
Speaker 1: He's got the NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour and then all those chances at alternative income. Guys, have an awesome Monday.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for joining us today.
Speaker 5: A m F.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, All the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world
Speaker 13: Famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.