Speaker 1: What is up, Fellasi goos, I am damn Valley coming at you with the one the only.
Speaker 2: The certified fantabulous is probably Tanning in Hawaii as you watch Slash.
Speaker 1: Listen to this, mister Grant, I'll maage gave away I docked you.
Speaker 2: You know are gonna be We're gonna be hopping those Okay good, You're gonna be one of those private resorts.
Speaker 1: That's only available to trillionaire. Absolutely. Uh. The certain five fantabicis mister Grant Hughes.
Speaker 2: We are here gathered around the hard One House campfire today for a bunch of stat padding. But we first and foremost need to figure out Grant, can we survive the Starting five Gauntlet?
Speaker 1: I'm really confident. Can I be honest, I'm very I think we will. We will not know you know what, we will thrive, will not survive the gauntlet.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your optimism because I haven't played this yet.
Speaker 1: This game in full, so you can go and play.
Speaker 2: It will be on screen for anyone who's watching Starting five dot app.
Speaker 1: And so what it does is.
Speaker 2: It assigns you a random team throughout NBA history, and you have to see if you can guess the starting lineup from that year. I as an as just a poor historian of the game, as someone didn't start to really follow basketball until later on.
Speaker 1: I'm prepared for this to be a blood bath for me. It's gonna be. It might be tough. We'll see. Let's don't beat yourself before the game starts. You know, are you ready? Get started? Here? Let's do it. I'm anxious to see.
Speaker 2: What our first team is gonna be. So let's take the gauntlet.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: We gotta do five random teams. It's the MAVs, the two three MAVs.
Speaker 1: Grant. Oh, we get numbers? That's helpful. Is this the This isn't Delonte West? Is it? Is this a Steve Nash? No, you knowice two oh three? Yeah, he'd be thirteen, that's Nash. My contributions are over as far as well. You gotta get I mean forty one sitting right there at power forward. Yeah, you're right, Eric Dan Pierre. So we got Dirk number seven at shooting guard. Who is that? Two? Three? Maths is well, I don't know if he's I mean Michael Finley. I think might be four. A small forward that feels like Finley's number.
Speaker 2: Try Michael Finley, Yes, we're Wowkay, three out of five is pretty good.
Speaker 1: So now this gets tough. We call it forty five at center O two O three. What were you doing and what was happening in your life in two thousand and two, two thousand.
Speaker 2: And three, I was I was preparing to enter my teenage. Well I had just been born, so I was at the age of two, me and a fellow twenty How.
Speaker 1: Could you possibly remember? Uh? Oh, I see there there's more information, you know what. I need to make this screen bigger because wait, I know, I know I made a joke, but could for No, that's too early for Eric Dampierre, right, you know when you I think you should try it because I don't feel like that's so off base on all cap two. I'm excited. So are there strike?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: We get a lot of strikes?
Speaker 2: Wait, I need I need to pick the position six eleven age twenty six is the center. I'm sure it would have automatically assigned it Tam Pierre.
Speaker 1: I would hope. So this is I see the problem here is anyone that knows this. It's so obvious to them, and we look so stupid, right, now for not knowing who the shooting guard and center are. So the nash I think that's this is too early for Delonte West. But I but I'm not going to just sit here and say don't pick him. So and also I don't think he's six five, but say it because I don't have a better, better option.
Speaker 2: I don't like this, I say, I automatically hate it. So we're two strikes on the shooting guard.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think of Finley as a two. So this this player is smaller than Finley. Oh are we getting like letters there or is that just what's what's seen under the jersey with all the little dashes.
Speaker 2: Number seven six five, twenty eight years old. I think those are strikes.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, So it says he's a guard. There we got the letter G. But then there's a bunch of dashes. Is that like how many letters there are? Oh that might be their name. Yeah, that's I don't know. It's not helpful. I assume though.
Speaker 2: You're a G and though that's guard. Okay, I get what you're saying. Yeah, I don't know how helpful it is. Or there's a G in the middle. Oh, look, we get hints let's click on click on the hint. We want shooting guard, another hint either one. Let's focus on the shooting guard starts with an A.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, it feels like an Anthony Anthony. I mean I could. Let's just type it in and see no one fits. What's Greg Anthony? No, they can't be it.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make any sense if there's an A at the start of the name.
Speaker 1: Let's try the center with a hint. I'm gonna use our hints. Man. We have a finite number right, hint revealed for guesses left? What is the hint? I don't even say. There's no hint revealed here. We've been duped. Uh. I don't know why. But what about yan mahinmy that's way too early? Yeah, two thousand and two. Yeah, there's an.
Speaker 2: L and the first name is that at L to start the last name? Boy, what bigs did Dirk play with?
Speaker 1: This shouldn't be that hard. I know it's Oh, two of the three is a long time ago Lafayette Lever oh r. And then oh that's Rayfela. Friends, I'm so embarrassed I didn't get that sooner.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we have Steve Nash Michael Finley, turk fiskey reef of friends? Who's the shooting guard? And we guys, then Graham? Is that a player? I think I'm making up NBA players now.
Speaker 1: I think if we get another letter hint, we might get it here. We might as well use all our hints. All right, another hint? Did that work for it? I'm not seeing tell us anything? Adrian Oh, Adrian Griffin, damn it, I was not going to get that just off memory? All right, all right, let's hope. So all right, tap to continue. Who's the next team up? The Knicks? I just sit back and just watch cook here?
Speaker 2: Okay, So wait, don't Christy Harnant was before twenty eleven? Twelve twelve? Was that was post mellow? So Mellow is seven? Stodamyer was the starting power forward. So we have a Mari Stottamyer and Carmelo Anthony was Tyson Chandler. Yeah, Raymond Felt was treated in the car. Who's number two? Andrew Fields starting shooting guard? Look at that point guard?
Speaker 1: Watch?
Speaker 2: Why am I getting stuck on that? This isn't Jeremy Lynn? Is he gonna be the one that comes up here?
Speaker 1: I think he's twenty one. Yeah, I don't think you know he was seven? No, he wasn't. That was post you said Felton, Right, it's that, that's not Felton. Wasn't he traded for Mellow? I can't remember. I think he was, So I'm not gonna do that. You already do that twenty one. This is a very young point guard, twenty one. So it's not Raymond Felt Raymond Felton a six. He's twenty one years old. That started with It's just Mellow and Stoudamar. It shouldn't be that hard, No, it shouldn't. I'm just gonna put Jeremy Lynn anyway, see what happens. No, okay, it's good to know. My god, do I need Do I need to hint? Jeremy is not on the twenty eleven? You say, is it not? Is Chris Duhan an option? Here? I'm just thinking, was this.
Speaker 2: Even this was a d Tony team.
Speaker 1: And it's a lockout season because there's only sixty six games there? Why can't I remember who the point guard was? Who was still left? Oh? No? Is it before the at was a Chauncey No way, dude, because this guy's twenty one years old. Oh yeah, you needed to stop me. There's an S in his name? Sure, that is that at the end of the first name or beginning of the last, beginning of the beginning of the last name.
Speaker 2: Man, these Knixt point Guards, there's been too many of them.
Speaker 1: There's been a decent number s twenty one years old. Well let's let's think who's And they were so young and they were starting this should have been something, Oh my god, you this is you. Oh man, this is gonna be really frustrating.
Speaker 2: Starts with an S. There's four letters in the first name too, that's the other thing. So can't be Chris. This is infuriated. Oh no, there's no no, because that's an I was to say Tony Douglass, but no, that doesn't fit.
Speaker 1: Okay, good man. I think if you do one more letter, we'll get it. It's just if you want to burn a hit. Starts with an ike. What the hell? Six five twenty one years old. This is crazy. A four letter first name that starts with an I. So it can't be in Isaiah though that that was ever a Knix Points wasn't an is is Schmith doesn't fit. No, I wasn't on this team anyway. Oh my god, who is this? I can't even think of six five, twenty one years old? I should know this. This is awful. This team for this year frustrated the hell out of me too. I mean, I don't know. I would just go. He's twenty one years old, he's starting for this team? Is it? What? What the four letter words starts with? Like? I have no idea? Oh man, I can already tell how mad I'm gonna be. We might need to. We only have two guesses left, so we would use another hint. Well, I don't have a good get. I don't have any idea. I think you might as well. I hate this. No more hints. Oh that's that's ridiculous. We got a higher score than the last one, though, that's all I'm matter. We can definitely still do better. I'm I don't feel like you get to call him on Schumpert a point guard? Am I misremembering that? Well? I mean I guess functionally though, was he not? I don't know. I just never have thought of him as like a primary initiator.
Speaker 2: The next team up, the Boston Celtics seventy. Oh boy, this.
Speaker 1: Is okay, so Dan, This is pre Larry Bird, pre post Bill Russell, pre Bill Walts. So I'm gonna I'm gonna have to say there's probably a Jones on here. I don't know if it's Sam or case. Uh nope. Well, I also couldn't tell you it's what position that would belong at. I don't think it's point guard. We might get absolutely shut out here, like Dennis Johnson. Pro is this Robert Parrish? Or is that to try it? I don't. I think he was double zero. He's also twenty seven already, So this guy, you don't waste it? Uh? How's about John halcheck for small forward? There? Let's see it feels too old? What just happened? They said, you guys are idiots? You quit? Let's zero? Did I quit on accident? Now? Can we see you only have we only have ten minutes for the entire thing? Oh now I want to know who that was? Though? Is there a way to look at it? Jojo for the record, it was going to be a John Halichack. We would have gotten we would have gotten Dave Cowens. I think maybe so. I made it through two teams in the first batch. I didn't realize there was a time crunch. What is up Fellasikos.
Speaker 2: You're listening to this episode right now thinking wow, it would be so cool if there were no ads on it.
Speaker 1: We have the power to make this the last ad you ever hear. And that's not a threat, it's more of a promise. The best way to support the podcast is to join our Patreon, which you can do at patreon dot com, slash hard Wooden, NBA. Tons of perks there. In addition to the promise of and not threat. I can't emphasize that enough of no more ads, which is a huge bonus. We're going to do a couple of Patreon subscriber only pods every month. You get access to our discord. You just get to be a bigger part of this community. You get our sincerest appreciation, which really can you put a price on it? If you want to support the pod, that is the best way to do it. Thank you again as always for listening and for watching. And now back to the show. You want to do some more? This is kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never played this before, so this has been learning in real time. Let's restart this again. First team up? Okay, Oh, The New York Nicks of twenty fourteen twenty fifth. This is going to be embarrassing for me. Okay, Carmela, that's going to be Marberry?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: No, not not in twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen. No, I think Barnianni might be on this deep No, well that wasn't him, but this Barnianni was what that could be?
Speaker 1: Bargs Yeah, number fourteen? Okay, no, this is getting bad all right? Well? Is two oh boy six one and sixty.
Speaker 2: Three twenty fourteen twenty fifteen Knicks not a good team?
Speaker 1: No? What was the really good year? Was that? Twelve thirteen? Twelve thirteen?
Speaker 2: So this is two years after, which means Barnianni was off the team.
Speaker 1: So I was misremembering there? Uh who was there? This wasn't the joke? Kiem noah year was it? No? That's too early?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, Wilson Chandler was off the team. He was number twenty one twenty fourteen to fifteen Knicks. Such a non descriptive team.
Speaker 1: That's right? Was coaching?
Speaker 2: Oh no, none of these numbers are KP because is he was the draft year after this?
Speaker 1: That's right? He was the twenty fifteen draft. Why do I keep wanting to say Chris Douhan was Chris Douhan ever a nick or am I just thinking? I know he was? I just think this is like way too way too early.
Speaker 2: Number three is sticking out as a point Wait, do we was a mon shumpard Ever?
Speaker 1: Number two was, well, but this guy's it can't be him because that player is six foot one. The shooting Oh yeah, I'm not looking at the heights.
Speaker 2: Why was the shooting The shooting guard was shorter than the point guard who was six to three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh was this that Al Harrington team? No, because that's pretty that's too early. Twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen. Who did Mellow play with?
Speaker 1: And it was?
Speaker 2: It was this is post the old team.
Speaker 1: Wilson Chandler's definitely gone. Yeah, he's gone. He was gone in the Mellow trade. This is tough.
Speaker 2: Seven foot center was number fourteen at the age of twenty eight. This is not we might I think we need to hint somewhere.
Speaker 1: I think we definitely need to hint.
Speaker 2: Oh God, that what G in the last name. That was a terrible hint for the shooting guard.
Speaker 1: Twenty three years old too, a six undersized shooting guard. G is the first letter of the last name. He's young. Uh, it's not Gordon geiricek So we can rule it. If you were thinking that Dan, it's not him, we can rule him out.
Speaker 2: That's rough stuff, I feel. What's the one we're stuck on them? If you think I should we should know the point guard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's take a hint on that one. He's thirty three with an oh accent in there.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that can't be him. Yeah, there's the O with the accent in the middle of the name.
Speaker 1: What does this person have? One name? Is this? Where's the first and last name? Slots? This wasn't the Jose calder On year, was it? I mean, that wouldn't get it? Twenty It says, is the twenty three or thirty three years old? Thirty three Calderon? Wait is this? That's not the Prigoni year, is it? No? That wouldn't be twenty three. How many of you guys have the accent on the Oh? They could? I think calderone fits the the spelling. All right, we got the starting point guardists awful? This is so recent. Why isn't this easier? The shooting guards really bother me because we have the letter first letter of the last name, Like, what I mean? Is this Adrian Griffin again? Somehow he's daged ten years?
Speaker 2: Who is the center for this team? My god, Nick Centers, this franchise is so awful.
Speaker 1: We're gonna burn up our whole ten minutes on this one team. Yeah, this is not gonna go. Well, we got to a five. Just give just hang out some hints we need. We need hints clearly, which way I pick a position? Shooting guard? Do it? I'm shooting guards? Really bothering me? Let's get another hint on shooting guard if it doesn't help us, Grant, I hate you. It's an I and a G. Is it an L? I think it's an l?
Speaker 2: Oh Langston Galloway, good job there it is? Look at you, bang Galloway. I'm just gonna is that al Hanrington wasn't number twenty one right?
Speaker 1: There can't be Nope, that was wrong? My bad twenty one power forward post Amari? Who is there for post Bargs? He's old, thirty two years old. That's old.
Speaker 2: This team twenty twenty eight year old for a center. This front court is a disaster.
Speaker 1: Not good. Joe KiB Noah's not there yet, is he?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, because the summer to that sixteen was bonkers, and they signed him the summer after that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's him too early. They didn't have Todd Gibson yet. Let's let's burn up some hints. We're gonna have to. Let's use center a power forward center, since you're on it already. That's not helped. Didn't help me that much.
Speaker 2: Well, the last last name agains with an S.
Speaker 1: Smith s Am, I is there a Smith anywhere in your center brain? For the Knicks? Uh? Could j R? Smith? Yeaut Otherwise it's gotta be more Smith's than the pull down menu shows. Let's just you have to burn another hint starts with which with all these? Is that I? Or is that a j Oh? I want to zoom all the way in?
Speaker 2: I don't know of the user interface is tough to read that j I'm not one of the first ones that are coming up. James. Is that fit JMS? Yeah, James?
Speaker 1: Who is the forward out of Arizona? That could like maybe shoot he played for the Knicks the Lake Chairs probably like Jordan. That's I guess I can't be him. That would be more. Nevermind that you're taking out of the hint. Yeah, do it? What did that to give us? Jason Smith? God darn it, God, this year was such a disaster. This is a bad team.
Speaker 2: Oh man number twenty one, power forward, age thirty two, six'.
Speaker 1: Nine we have no more? Hints? Right or do we have one more? HINT i think you gotta use. It we're just drawing dead here starts with an A hm three letter first. Name oh you got another? Hint oh, no this New Ale. Munson oh that's gotta be. It oh my, god he was so, Bad oh my, god so. Bad. GOD i mean they won seventeen. Games so all, right let's see if we could blow through this next.
Speaker 2: Team it is twenty twenty twenty Three Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Hawks all, right we got for. Me we Got trey right at the. One Trey young Is John, collins the power forward might be a little twenty. Five that sounds about. Right, no was he off the team by? THEN i CAN i don't, Know, Okay, no he was on the. Team. Fifteen uh that's the. Center. Twelve oh is This DeAndre? Hunter? It, yeah that's a good. ONE i Thought Torrian prince for a, second BUT i Like. Hunter, yeah is Five Kevin. HERDER i was gonna Say hurder Or. Benbury let's try hurd Her you want to Try? Benbury? Sure did he? Start he did? Not first letter of last name IS. M was there? Center? Right oh?
Speaker 2: YEAH i actually THINK i had their center on the tip of the tongue now AND i meant now it left?
Speaker 1: Me was this click? Capella? Still? Oh good? One all? Right, hey we did good on that? One? Really all? Right are you? Ready?
Speaker 2: Yes the next team Is Orlando, magic so twe hours on.
Speaker 1: It nine Is Richard.
Speaker 2: LEWIS i don't THINK i need to click on the, positions, right we'll find. Out, Yeah i'll just pop Up jamie Or nelson at point? Guard, right, yep, yeah, yeah jamior suiting.
Speaker 1: Guard he's thirty? Three could could small forward? Be? Uh Is turcleu there or? No? Him and that's not he's not six. Seven turkle is taller than. That The Grant hill year that he was stuck too? Late oh, UH i think he's gone the shooting guards thirty three years. Old that should be like it's a. Veteran this team won a bunch of games six, Six this is This, no he's too. Old Aaron afalo too? Old, OH i don't hate. It that's probably is too old. Though could he be the small forward by any? Chest, no it's not? Him uh is not? There what about? Uh Redick? Age, yeah, damn we're gonna run out of. Time get a bunch of hints real quick on one of, them, sup sneak it in? There Vince, Carter oh, yeah, YEAH i think that's. Right, okay and something with a B mb damn? It alright. Close we almost finished three teams that. Time that's rough. Stuff this game's. HARD i think almost any team in the last like five, years we're gonna get pretty. Easily but then the brain fog shows up before the knicks one that comes across terrible for. Me BUT i team is so forgettable, though Lou aminson, like, who, yeah that's. Crazy uh do you want to try and do one more? Round? Kinda? Yeah this game is. Addicted do you guys just want to sit? Here from now? On will gather around like our episodes will just be granted me trying to figure out this, game playing some? Games all?
Speaker 2: Right running, Again First team Up Toronto raptors in twenty, three twenty. Four all, Right i'm feeling okay about. This, Yeah Scottie barnes is on this. Team we still got, uh this isn't. Yakob i'm actually, all are you feeling bad about?
Speaker 1: This this is? Weird where's The? Oakham is he gone? Already is he already on The pacers in twenty? Three twenty? Four is the power? Forward thirty? Five so he's? Gone that means, quickly? Manual? Quickly, no, oh, yeah he's. THERE.
Speaker 2: Rj, BARRETT i don't. See he wasn't coming off the, bench was? He, okay we got oh, no, no so he's on this, team but coming off the.
Speaker 1: Purdles center, Right purdle's the? CENTER i? Think, okay power? Forwards, god he was at the. Three the power forward is thirty five years. Old this this should not be that. Difficult who's an aging shooting guard is twenty five at six?' five were? They still? Wouldn't be That's not baji was maybe not there and would have been younger. Than that if, he was and he's, like number that's. Not him thirty five are? POWER forward i want to get stuck on. This, one, yeah, okay yeah let's sa he only won twenty, five games so that's so this is. The year isn't this the year They traded siakham and. Og right, uh yeah because neither of them? Is Here Was? Bruce brown number? Thirty? Three? Oh great? One five, you, think oh, You're, RIGHT no i THINK he's i think that's. Too old do? It, anyway, okay yeah. That's right start to. The. T oh by, the way if you don't pick, the position it docks us twenty. Five points if you just type the name in without choosing, the position. YOU'RE doing, i APOLOGIES well i was on the right twenty five points on pearl never getting. Those? Back okay uh IS the t in the last? Name? There yeah it starts the? Last? Name uh could That Be Gary? Trent junior let's. Try it feel good? About that you should?
Speaker 2: Twenty one who's the power forward on? This team thirty five?
Speaker 1: Years old they should stand? Out right? Mm hmm what's? Au parle let's get. A hint that way we'll bang out at least three teams on this on. This run oh, UH hmm i feel like he was out of. The league where's? The hint did not did not? GO through i don't think it gave me maybe the NUMBER of i don't know what. That did try one more starts WITH. A y last name starts with. That Young oh fatty. Is. YOUNG damn i was gonna, say HIM but i, was, like no he's out of the league. BY now i guess not, all, right good, Good Start Oh nnesota timberwolves IN post. Kg trade, so Like is serbiak on? THIS team i don't. See, him no this is gonna. Be tough this is a really Really well wiggins is a. SMALL forward i will click on, It now. YOU'RE welcome i Almost Hit aaron, wiggins though that's.
Speaker 2: Not, no, Yeah Wait andrew wiggins didn't come to the league until two fifteen or whatever.
Speaker 1: IT was i just saw twenty TWO and i immediately, so confident okay? With it this team was Twenty Five. Nicola. PEKOVICH hmmm i don't think he's in the league. YET either i think he's like a fourteen to, fifteen guy, All RIGHT but i also Just Said andrew wiggins was. On That andrew wiggins Was in like what?
Speaker 2: All right time we have, no uh twenty two, years old six foot?
Speaker 1: Point guard Is That? JOHNNY flynn i? Love? That, GUESS nope i. Hate. THAT guess I think i think that he's in the, step draft which hasn't. HAPPENED yet i Think is? Stepho, nine yeah oh, my god we might just get shut. Out here hints spam the hints? Which position give me? A? Bottle gear we gotta? Get one what do you mean? Another hent we got. ONE already i don't see. Any hints starts WITH a t that? Does? Nothing okay s and T Oh. Sebastian telfair great that gives us? An? Error right, or yeah? Fifty five this feels like it should stand, out right he's, twenty nine it's a. Big guard fifty five is who's the? Center for, oh wait oh? The Center? Al, JEFFERSON okay i don't. Hate, it boom, good job you're really coming. Through here who the hell was his? Power forward? Undersized for he's twenty five? Years old and who?
Speaker 2: Is this who is the small forward for? This team this Isn't a, latrell'spreewell? Team, right no it was.
Speaker 1: TOO late i would have been host, because yeah like THE is O seven o eight the year They? Trade garnet or is IT six?
Speaker 2: O seven Because the celtics won the title, this year so they've Just Traded.
Speaker 1: Kevin garnett oh Was? Delant No? Delante west for the. Shooting, guard no you give it. A shot it's a weird number. He had he had some weird numbers accent on the seat to close out. The, name uh, oh, MAN.
Speaker 2: You i feel like we shouldn't burn a hint on. This position now we burn a hint on who the?
Speaker 1: Hell's number? Twenty two this. Is brutal this. We keep we've gotten a couple really. Forgettable teams this ONE'S a b for the. Small, forward hmmm this. Is tough this team was twenty two, And SIXTY so i don't feel. Too, bad yeah. That's okay yo kitch for the. Shooting guard, oh. NO eight i don't know.
Speaker 2: WHY don't i was Gonna Say antoine walker JUST because i because.
Speaker 1: Of, EIGHT yeah i think we got to burn some. More hints we're never going to get THESE.
Speaker 2: C b the initials on Small, forward chris he's, twenty One? See bouchet how Old This.
Speaker 1: Chris bouchet was playing twenty? Years, Ago Uh, Corey brewer i'd. See that woh. Good one who the hell is? Fifty five we need? Another?
Speaker 2: Hint yeah oh so so something WITH a j that's?
Speaker 1: A yoki is there another yovich or yo kic or you want to think you remember. That guy he's twenty nine using it starts WITH. An m this Is Bad, marco yarich that's who.
Speaker 2: That is you got IT before i burned a hint on a. Nice job we still need to. Power forward this team.
Speaker 1: Is awful cant use all our hints yet what hint? Was? Revealed gee that doesn't. Help Me jeff green was he somehow On the wolves in seven? Or, eight dad don't have any memory.
Speaker 2: Of that it's, Not him Ryan Gr.
Speaker 1: Ryan, gomes oh, go.
Speaker 2: Alright we gotta get, on, more right, all right tap, the continue here. We go next team up, is, yeah okay you.
Speaker 1: Say that? All right We got conley, maybe right there's a? Point, Guard yeah gasol AT. Seventeen, M no i, don't, know no because he was On the raptors In, in yeah that's got To. Be, allen no what's, not happening? Doesn't okay is a? Small, forward no, that's no it's way. Too, late yeah that's. You're. RIGHT seven i want To Say, tayshawn prince but. That's Wrong.
Speaker 2: Nineteen grizzlies they only won thirty. Three, games well Remember Nineteen Jaron jackson junior is the?
Speaker 1: Power, forward, right okay. Good call did he ever play? With gasol is? He gone he got traded? This season it's yeah he did Because the raptors win the title. This year is It's Not stephen adams? AT center i remember him? Wearing, seventeen yeah we got some what? Hints though there's the hell is that we had all kinds of punctuation marks on this. Guy's name we have to.
Speaker 2: Get this who's the small we only have? A Minute Is kyle anderson the?
Speaker 1: Small forward? Small forward? For one he's not even? Coming up it doesn't, bowl well it is good call. On him here is what the heck? Is seventeen that name is driving? Me nuts like what and the shooting guard is ticking? Me? Off yeah who is like The Post tony allen shooting guard?
Speaker 2: For them, oh no this is too late For?
Speaker 1: Oj mayo never mind wrong? Number two oh and the other guy's twenty. NINE too i like that, guess.
Speaker 2: Though twenty nine and the center is. Twenty six the center is the name he's got the? The time.
Speaker 1: Is This? Foun? Yeah? Yeah okay who is the starting? Shooting guard like these are all.
Speaker 2: That's r who that shooting? Guard was the shooting guard was. JUSTIN hollow i was not gonna. Get there needs, All, right well two and a, half teams two and a half. Starting liners we'll have to. REVISIT that I think i feel sufficiently terrible.
Speaker 1: ABOUT myself i. Don't know that did not. Go well that. Was hard, IT'S like i think it's more interesting if we're not good at. It though so so. There's that.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for your for your like your own. Singular statue i'm sufficiently humbled. After that so you're catching me at a great. Time, Competitively okay i'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna save don't want to save the best? For last, Or yeah i'm. Gonna save there's a trash talking.
Speaker 2: Element one i'm gonna give you the money, element one since that's, More, topical. Okay GRANT eight nba players are currently on or have signed contracts that were worth more than two hundred and fifty million dollars at the time of. Their signature so this means that these players who might have more than that left on, their deal but they've signed extensions to get there that weren't all worth it would not. Be included how many of these eight players on two hundred and fifty million. Plus contracts can? You name i'll give you, three strikes?
Speaker 1: All? Right so, uh so, For Example donovan mitchell just signed a two hundred and seventy whatever million? Dollar extensions is? That kid? That's? One, yeah okay that's one and so? It, Okay Uh jason tatum that you got two? Six LEFT so i don't need there to be two hundred and fifty million left on. The deal it's when they. Signed it it's.
Speaker 2: Worth Over so tatum's when he signed it was worth three hundred team. Point, Nine Yeah, devin booker that. Is incorrect, oh shit strike one.
Speaker 1: O because he's got. The, extensions okay this should not be. That, Hard Well so wemby has got just over two, fifty, right yep that's three. Five, Left Uh, kate cunningham there, you go that's four. Halfway there we gotta have living. On hour paolo's.
Speaker 2: In there he Is not oh why strike? In there his contract was two hundred and thirty nine point.
Speaker 1: Two million oh this is. THAT'S ridiculous i mean that's ten, million. Off sir, Oh shit SO do? I? Say, Uh Well, evan MOBLEY am i gonna? Be? Off? Correct, left shay that? Is correct? TWO left i Don't think jadab, got It so i'm NOT gonna i. Can't Remember though Jadab and ched are, Both, close sir they might, have it but that's not an, Official guests i'm gonna. Leave them I'm sure i'm missing. Somebody. OBVIOUS uh I Think anthony edwards is too early to have gotten. That much he's on The. Fun, max yeah so we need second, contract guys but it's got to Be post kaid draft class or big. Time rookie there's got to be like. A veteran you're saying a lot of smart things right now now that the specific names are not gonna come, to, ME though.
Speaker 2: I, Will Say i'm i'm surprised you haven't gotten one of. These, players, well no It's Not. Steph, curry, Okay good i'm not going to burn the guests. On that then YOU'RE surprised i haven't gotten one of, These Players, tyres haliburton that. Is incorrect he was at two hundred and forty four point six million at least. Strike Three the choos did Not Get jaalen brown two hundred and eighty five point four million dollar Tracked And nicole jokic two hundred and seventy six.
Speaker 1: Point one million. Dollar contract, All right i'm satisfied with. That performance it was a lot better than our performance on the starting. Five Call and i'll tell you. That much it's hard to, be, Worse.
Speaker 2: Okay GRANT ten nba players are going to be making more than fifty five million dollars this coming season twenty, twenty six. Twenty seven how many of them can? YOU name i will give you.
Speaker 1: THREE strikes i Will say steph for. THIS one i Believe.
Speaker 2: He's he's the highest paid player in the league, next year sixty two point.
Speaker 1: Six Million.
Speaker 2: Uh yannis he's the third highest paid player in the league at fifty eight and a. Half million jokic he is the second highest paid player at fifty. Nine Million jalen brown he is the seventh highest paid player at fifty seven point.
Speaker 1: Seven Million. Joel Embiid joel embiid is the sixth highest paid player of fifty. Eight Million.
Speaker 2: Shoutout Philly jason tatum is the fifth highest paid player at fifty eight point. Five million you were on fire.
Speaker 1: The you're over six over fifty, five million, you, said correct it's like the over fifty. Five, community YES should i aspire to be in? One day one. Day soon, uh, OKAY man i broke my rhythm a little. Bit there over fifty Five is luca making over? Fifty five? Strike, one okay this is where it's gonna. GET tough i think a lot of. The, Obvious Well, devin.
Speaker 2: Booker that, is correct the eighth highest paid player at fifty seven. POINT one i can't tek me tied for seventh with no tie for eighth if that, helps you because.
Speaker 1: You haven't gotten the.
Speaker 2: Next, player um you got seven on one? Strike impressive is.
Speaker 1: For this this? Coming, season yes twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty, SIX oh i Forget if shay that is incorrect because remember his extension kicks in and sixty one next next. Strike two you have three. Names left three.
Speaker 1: Names left make an over fifty. Five, million hmm and it would be it would be cheating to be looking at any material, right Now which i'm not even if there's a list of, Players, names No but i'm sure there are obvious ONES that I am i don't know there's at least one.
Speaker 2: Obvious ONE but i am surprised you didn't get two of these three players just based off something you said offhandedly about an hour and a.
Speaker 1: Half ago if you could recall an hour and a, Half ago are you? KIDDING me I Remember adrian griffin started at the two for THE two O, three MAVs but i don't REMEMBER what. I said i'm still so mad at. That game, let's See Does Jaron jackson junior make over fifty five that? Strike three?
Speaker 2: Rough Stuff anthony davis is the fourth highest paid player at fifty eight point, Five Million Karl anthony towns is the ninth highest paid player at just over fifty.
Speaker 1: Seven million And Then jimmy butler Of your warriors. AT fifteen i Was, THINKING butler i thought he was under. Fifty, five okay the you should.
Speaker 2: Have known that because when you were if you thought that there was a sixty five percent chance That the warriors were gonna GET a D, and lebron you should have known that they would Have Needed jimmy butler's salary To Accommodate anthony, davis's salary.
Speaker 1: And should have known a lot. Of, things okay This one i'm kind of. Excited about so you can't.
Speaker 2: Hate, it, okay deal you have to GUESS the nba trash talker from. THEIR quote i will give you, four, Options.
Speaker 1: Though oh with, each quote so it's. MULTIPLE choice i know you.
Speaker 2: Love those GUESS the nba trash talker, first quote you're about the same size As. Bow wow was this Said By, Kobe Bryant, dwight Howard andre Iguodala Or Joe, kiem noah.
Speaker 1: Hmmm first, Not Best but i'm Gonna say kobe said that that.
Speaker 2: Is correct he said It To kyrie irving in twenty Eleven when kyrie challenged him to play one on one for fifty.
Speaker 1: Thousand, Dollars yes and in, THAT exchange i Believe that Kyrie tells kobe you have. To guard you have, to guard As if kobe had not considered he would have to play defense playing one. On one that you remember but you Can't Remember jimmy.
Speaker 2: Butler's, salary no watcha sure GUESS the nba, trash talker by the quote tell him who the best shooter in the?
Speaker 1: House was It wasn't Bro From.
Speaker 2: Golden state Was This, Dylan Brooks, Anthony Edwards joel Embiid Or John, morant.
Speaker 1: Ooh great list by, You there because at least THREE times, i, said oh it's got to. Be him out of, four guesses It wasn't Bro From. GOLDEN state, I mean i gotta Just Go dylan brooks first.
Speaker 2: And incorrect It Was. JOHN moran i thought you would have caught the. Shooter, reference maybe but maybe what with your, Heart there but you.
Speaker 1: Can't Put dylan brooks on there Knocking the warriors and not have me.
Speaker 2: Pick him GUESS the nba trash talker by, their quote, shut up you? Little smurf Is It, Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett gary Payton Or Victor.
Speaker 1: WEBBER yama i mean that Feels Pretty kevin garnett, to me, It does but the Answer Is. Gary payton who's he? Said that in?
Speaker 2: The context was said it To the Timberwolves Coach sidney lowe in nineteen?
Speaker 1: Ninety, three, wow okay.
Speaker 2: GUESS the nba trash talker by, Their quote charles Is not charles with his? Mouth shut that's like me playing with? My hair was this Said By, Magic Johnson, Michael jordan, shaquille O'Neill Or.
Speaker 1: Kenny, Smith ooh my first Thought Was, Michael jordan But either Shaq or kenny could have, Said, That uh i'm. Gonna go i'm Gonna, go jordan that. Is correct he said It To. Charles barkley in case you didn't Know who. Charles was.
Speaker 2: GUESS the nba trash talker by, their quote by, my age you was eighth man on? The bench was this Said By, Charles Barkley, Kevin Durant, lebron James Or?
Speaker 1: Paul, PIERCE man i guess you can't tell me who that was said to because that would give. AWAY potentially i can tell.
Speaker 2: You, this yeah it was not said to a player on. The court it was said to a former player in the stands who was watching.
Speaker 1: The game who are my, Choices Again, Charles.
Speaker 2: Barkley, Kevin Durant, lebron James Or. Paul pierce it Feels Like kevin durant, to me that.
Speaker 1: IS correct i gave it away with. The clue, he, said well, uh YEAH because i can't remember.
Speaker 2: It was it was FROM this i think was from last season as a member Of the Sons To gary payton in.
Speaker 1: The stunts that sounds. All. Right yeah it just seems like he's the most likely player to respond to someone like that in. The stands GUESS the nba trash talker by their quote chasing that.
Speaker 2: Farewell tour they don't love you. Like that you can't get no. Farewell tour you thought You? Was kobe was this Said By, Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green tyler Hero Or.
Speaker 1: Chris paul this was Said By draymond Green To paul, pierce.
Speaker 2: Yep when pierce was a member Of the clippers in. Twenty seventeen. NICELY done i remember. That, one okay we're entering the. Final, four oh GUESS the nba trash talker by their quote you take this outfit home and. You burn it Was That, Patrick Beverley, Jimmy Butler kevin Durant Or russell westbrook or, excuse me It Was kevin Garnett Or.
Speaker 1: Russell westbrook so This Is kevin Garnett To, craig sager The Late Great, craig sager wearing a bright. Red Suit kevin garnett. Roasted him that trash talk goes on for like a solid. Three minutes that, is correct you were. On fire GUESS the nba trash talker by.
Speaker 2: THEIR quote i own a lot of real Estate In andre, drummond's Head and i'm on my way to. Build more was this Said By, Jalen, Brown, Luka Doncic joel Embiid Or, Tyrese.
Speaker 1: HALIBURTON man i own a lot of real Estate In Andre, drummonds Head and i'm on my way to. Build more do you KNOW what i thought OF when i saw?
Speaker 2: This quote do you Remember When stanley johnson said that he Was between lebron's ears in?
Speaker 1: The, PLAYOFFS no i don't. Remember that good. For him i'm vaguely Remembering An embiid. Drummond Rivalry so, I'll say embiid that.
Speaker 2: Is, correct wow you can you get so this is actually the. Last, ONE now i think you'll. Get it GUESS the nba trash talker by, Their, quote kobe tell me how my? Ass tastes Was This, Matt Barnes, Raja Bell michael Jordan or.
Speaker 1: Shaquille O'Neal this is? This was this Was shaq that is one of the more famous uh off, the court maybe maybe the only incidents here where it was like yelled into a microphone at.
Speaker 2: At A new york club After the lakers got bounced in the two thousand and.
Speaker 1: Eight finals. Yeah, tough look you did. Very well i'm impressed.
Speaker 2: By you, you, know recall when it comes to anything that happened within the last month or so is.
Speaker 1: Not great but if we got to go. Decades back you're all, over, IT man i can Tell you i'm never going To Forget adrian griffin played starting shooting guard FOR the, O two o. Three males make, His takeaway i'm never going to. Forget it if depending on how this is, cut up that will make no sense.
Speaker 2: To anybody i'm actually annoyed that that game retroactively reminded Me That lou Monthson And jason smith played together on my. Basketball TEAM that's, i mean look how far you plea look where, you've come SH that's i mean NOT even, i mean Actually did dominson play For?
Speaker 1: The pelicans THAT feels I Think jason smith did at one point that. Was. Rough. Yeah better you know what proof for anybody that's going through it with their team is that it's not gonna stay like. That, forever uh let us know.
Speaker 2: If you like this type, of, content like well we did forty five minutes Of stat, paddy like we'll throw these up from time to time on their own that we. Have to if you Like seeing GRANT and i fail comment or let us know in, the, discord whatever just let us know and we'll do we'll run it.
Speaker 1: Back trying i'm so happy to play that lineup guessing game just for as long as we need to, play It because i've because how sweet is it gonna be when we just? Crush one, you know like.
Speaker 2: That's, what yeah let's so we're gonna, pivot fully we're only gonna do that once a week where that's gonna be the episode.
Speaker 1: That releases and until we until we make it through, the, gauntlet right because you got to get through five in. Ten minutes we never got through more than like two and, a half do you?
Speaker 2: Know what so people are gonna say that we're not, sickos enough but what Really is we've consumed so much basketball over the years because we're such sickos that there's just too many things.
Speaker 1: To remember That's what i'm taking, IT is i.
Speaker 2: You know the battles of our knowledge is too is too overflowing at, the moment is REALLY what.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not like we even came across a, single player well other than like the Seventy, Five CELTICS like i don't know who that.
Speaker 2: PERSON is i don't even KNOW when i, Saw, them Yeah Like, jojo white but IT was i don't Remember When jojo.
Speaker 1: WHITE played i know that's a person that played For, the celtics so.
Speaker 2: We WOULD have i maintained we would Have Gotten dave cowens and you Almost Got, john halichek but it was under the.
Speaker 1: Gun former warriors Head Coach dave Cowens and hornet's. Head coach, so see we should. Prove it we should prove our sicco stature by like any name we get wrong and, be, like hey throw out a fact about, this guy and. We could we could probably do that with. Basically everybody see.
Speaker 2: One of the stat panning games is gonna have to BE and i mean you could do this for you could do this.
Speaker 1: For you, is like is this AN actual? Nba? PLAYER oh i. Love it. That's great you gotta. Give it we get like three names and one of them is fake and you have to SPOT the nba imposter, just like well, that exists but it's not in this version we're. TALKING about i. Love it we'll have to do that next time after we make it through. The gauntlet are? You ready are you ready to take us out? Of here you got? Anything? Else no thanks everybody for. Listening watching remember, to rate review, and subscribe and tell your friends and tell your. Enemies twice Join Our patreon Patreon Dot Com SLASH. Hardwoodknocks nba every episode's add for. You there we're doing a couple bonus episodes. Every month we'll do as many starting lineup games as. You want we'll pay you to let us.
Speaker 2: DO those i would love to see you do that game after midnight your time as a call back TO the.
Speaker 1: I might be better AT if i just get into like a fugue STATE where i don't even KNOW what i don't know what year it, actually is SO maybe i could.
Speaker 2: Transport myself we get like the nineteen Fifty seven baltimore whatevers and you're just five.
Speaker 1: For, five sure under, a minute. All, Greer no but also if you've Become a, patroon member which is by far the best way to. Support podcast we appreciate all of you who are. Already members join, the club and you're gonna get discounts, on merch some sweet merch, coming soon and you get access to our discord there. AS well i think that, does It Shouts. Franklin kina Apologies To jared allen