Speaker 1: Now I have Billy Cunningham, the Great American. Here we are again, much like floating on a pile of coconuts out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I'm still here, Steve McQueen style. But until then, Moager, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Mo before we get into the if and the ends and the butts of a free kick, which I think is a sign of the apocalypse, and the fact that Bengals Bengals are going to win the Super Bowl this season. In a sense, I thought that was a sign from God, the free kick last night, which you can explain later. I know you're wrapping gifts, getting ready for Christmas. But before we go any further, the theme of Christmas Morning, with the Conclave, with Eddie and with the Rock and with Mike and with Scott Sloan, of course me is going to be how you got here? And so I want to ask moeger Mo. You've been kicking it here for about a quarter of a century, most of your adult life. You've been here. Tell the American people this snowy Frieday afternoon, how you got here.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty boring story, Bill, I know.
Speaker 1: But most of most of my interviews are so let's keep the string going. It had to be something how you got because out of Dayton came Any Fingers and Mike McConnell, and out of Toledo came Scott Sloan, and out of uh Montford Heights and Dent came Rocky Boyman. Where An come from?
Speaker 2: Well? I Uh, I spent my childhood split between Taylor, mil Kentucky and New Jersey, right, And so because of that, because we were always driving back and forth, uh, we had talk radio on NonStop, my dad, my mom NonStop, often late at night. And so as a as a young boy growing up, I developed a fascination with radio music radio talk radio specifically, and I just would always think to myself, you know, I'd sit on the breezeway with my grandmother back in the nineteen eighties, and she was a talk radio junkie and I would say to myself, God, those people on the radio sound like they're having.
Speaker 3: So much fun.
Speaker 2: So as a kid, I decided I wanted to work at a radio station. I didn't know specifically what I would do. I didn't specifically know how I would do it, but I knew that that's what I wanted to do. And so when it came time to pick a college, I graduated from Scott High School in Taylor Mill. All I really cared about was going to a school that had a campus radio station where you could be on the air year one, and the University of Dayton afforded that opportunity. Now I didn't know much else about the school. I didn't even know really was a Catholic school, but I knew they had a campus radio station, and I knew you could start before you even took a class. So that's why it appealed to me. So I went there, and you know, by then I I certainly had listened to seven hundred w WELW a lot. And I met a girl in a class by the name of Lori Bach who had been an intern for Mike McConnell, and she described this awesome experience, and I was very envious and asked her, like, well, any shot you could put in a work for me or tell me who to call, And she did and I called remember Yancy Deering, right, Oh, yeah, called Yancy. Asked if I could be an intern on Mike's show. He said yes. I did that in the summer of nineteen ninety seven, and I remember day one walking in and just saying to myself, these people are having a lot of fun. This is what I want to do. And so that turned into I did the summer. I told her this is a boring story.
Speaker 1: Bill, but this is somewhat interesting. I didn't know this about your life.
Speaker 3: Mo.
Speaker 1: I had no idea. Don't short sell yourself. Let others do that. Please continue.
Speaker 2: So so the summer internship went, you know, wound out, well, wound down, and I went back to school. This would have been my junior year. And then, you know, we got to winter break and I called and uh. I talked to the guy who would become my best friend, the lake great Rich Wahlberg, and said, hey, I've got a month, you know, no class. Can I come down and just help whatever it is? Run the board, but do whatever? And he said yes. You know, radio stations love free labor. So I came down and a couple of days before, yes, a couple of days before Christmas, I was asked, what are you doing on Christmas morning? And you know, my answer was, well, what everybody does on Christmas morning? And I was asked, would you like to come in and run the board. And at the time it was these large real or real tapes of the Dusty Rhodes Christmas Special Spectacular, right that we used to run. Yes, and I was bad. Would you want to come in from five to noon.
Speaker 1: To do that on Christmas Day?
Speaker 2: What is Christmas Morning? And I said of course. And the yid man, Dave Arnbrewster and I we're having this conversation. He goes, well, if you're going to do that, we have to pay you what And I said, well, that's even better. And he goes, if we pay you, we have to make you an employee. And I kind of just looked at him with this dumb, stupid look on my face that I often walked around the radio station with in my twenties, and I said, finally, like, does that mean you're like, I have a job? He's like yes. So that was my job. That was my first part time job. I was a student at UD and then the following summer between my junior and senior years, you know, Jim Scott had returned to the radio station and they were looking for somebody to help produce his show, and Rich Wahlberg pushed for me to have that opportunity, and I did that for five years. I did that well past my graduation day. From that point, slowly but surely made it known that I'd like to have my own show, like to be on the air one day. That took forever. Finally got that opportunity, and I'm still trying to be good at that. But that's how I started twenty seven years ago. Well, mo i, And by the way, and what you're looking for here is the man who hired me to be Jim's producer, who officially signed off on it was Bill coming in. So so thank you. I don't know if I should thank you or I ask you why you did that to me, but thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, you were cheap and you would do anything. But two issues come to mind with you. One is a placing of a sign on the outstretched arms of the Genius of the Waters on Fountain Square, and the city council was going to move the Genius of the Waters Fountain Square, Tyler Davidson Fountain, and I asked you somehow jump into the water shitty up the side of fount of Tyler Davidson Fountain and put a sign on the outstretched arm of the symbol of Cincinnati that says we'll work for food. Can you recall that? Yes, explain that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I believe this was like, that's a great memory, though I think this was like my second or third day as an intern. You know, my first day as an intern, Dan Quayle was signing books at some bookstore, Wow, And I was asked to go get him on the air, and miraculously, the Secret Service let me give him a cell phone and we got him on the air with Mike.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, that was day one day, one day, but maybe the second or third day. I don't specifically remember what was going on with the fountain, but you guys wanted me to go to Fountain Square and hanged this gigantic sign that said will work for food on the fountain, which basically required me climbing into the fountain itself in early May, so it wasn't exactly hot, and I did that. And then if you remember, a couple of days later, the Cincinnati Inquirer had done this big expos day on shiquida bananas. Yes, and you had me go down to the Inquirer building and hand out they had to I admit the story was inaccurate or something. You were really excited about this, Yes, and you sent me down to the Inquirer building on Elm Street with a truckload of bananas, and I my job was to hand them to the inquire employees as they walked in and out of the Inquirer building. That was my first time ever on the air. You put me. It was the hour of Power from two to three, and I was on with you as an intern, twenty years old, not even twenty years nineteen years old, handing out bananas to the Inquirer employees. And I guess that's kind of how it started.
Speaker 1: Well, those are the two issues. And the inquir ran a terrible false story about Carl Linder, and after it came to light that they lied about Carl Linder, I thought, what's better than going down there with thousands of bananas and handing him out to inquire employees. Carl Lindner and I thought that was a pretty good thing too, And I thought, those are the two issues.
Speaker 2: You also asked me the first time the Reds played the Indians in Cincinnati. I think by this time I was an employee. You asked me to dress up like Chief Wahoo and drive around town. I think I was giving away tickets. Yes, but you had me like literally go around the entire two seventy five loops dressed up as which like you couldn't do now, No, No, dressed up as Chief Wahoo to let people throw egit or something. You remember that one.
Speaker 1: Yes, put you up on the Riverfront stadium concourse dressed as Chief Wahoo and a dunk tank and people could line up and dunk Chief Wahoo. I mean, I'm not sure radio does that anymore, my right or wrong, but the band is about Tyler Davidson Fountain, about Chief Wahoo. I mean, we don't want.
Speaker 2: To do more then you back then. I mean you you had people who just that's what they did. They just hung around the radio station waiting for someone to give them something to do, whatever it was.
Speaker 1: That's why Sega still here.
Speaker 2: That's why that's right. And uh we uh we don't have that. We don't have that staff member anymore.
Speaker 1: No, all right, now, let's move on. And uh, I'm gonna do this Christmas morning with all the with the conclave of cardinals and we're going to talk about it. But uh, last night, of course, the only way that Ben Galleys can get to the Super Bowl this season, is somehow, some way for Denver to get beat by the Chargers come here. Of course, the Bengals have to win out and then come here next Sunday and have the Bengals beat them here, which is then or beat them here, then have Denver lose to Kansas City, then the Bengals somehow win in Pittsburgh. That's assuming that Miami and Innanapolis each of them lose one of the next three games, which I think is likely. Now, assuming what I said is accurate, which I think it is, Explain the free kick. Tony Bender calls me last night late. It has not happened in forty eight years, and this was a key element that demonstrated to me the Bengals were gonna win it all this season because this hasn't happened in forty eight years. Explain to Tony Bender the free kick.
Speaker 2: So here's how I understand it. If you are the receiving team and you have a guy take a free catch a fair catch, you have the option of running a play offensively, which most teams do because typically if you signal for a fair catch, you're doing it in your own territory or attempting a free kick. So theoretically you could make a fair catch at your own ten yard line and then have your kicker try at one hundred yard field goal. No team obviously is going to do that, So there was a fair catch, but there was also a penalty against Denver, which moved the ball fifteen yards and gave the Chargers an untimed down. Now, Jim Harbaugh in that instance could have decided to have his quarterback throw a hell Mary pass right or because a free kick would have been a fifty seven yarder, which is makeable for most NFL kickers. The free kick means Cameron Dicker the kicker, they just put the ball down, it's held, and he kicks the ball to the upright. There's no oncoming rush. It can't be blocked, and so it hadn't happened, I guess since nineteen seventy six. I was talking with a high school official last night that I was watching the game with, who kind of outlined how at the high school level this sort of thing has happened a couple of times, but it's rarely used obviously, But you know, pretty smart by Jim Harbaugh, go ahead and do it. I would imagine there are some NFL head coaches who don't know that rule. Hopefully they have someone on their staff who does. But he played it perfectly. And while the margin of victory for the Chargers last night did exceed three points, it kind of to me felt like it gave them a measure of momentum after being dominated by Denver in the first half.
Speaker 1: Right, it happened. It just was one of those things you think about the good old days with the leather helmets and no face masks. It came out of that, but it hasn't happened in almost fifty years, because how many times would a player have a fair catch and then have a fifteen yard penalty, then have like a fifty five yard field goal. And it gave the Chargers such momentum going in and then all of a sudden the second half, the Chargers arose and well Moe lastly one minute remaining. Do you have hope for the Bengals that you did not have before last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think last night's game, you know, we've kind of talked about over the last couple of weeks, how the Bengals have you know, a very very very very slim chance of making the postseason. The odds are certainly not in their favor, but it's less slim. Now you know that was the game last night. It kind of made the scenario moving forward plausible because they're heavy favorites in the game on Sunday against Cleveland and they get a chance to play the Denver Broncos a week from tomorrow in their own building. Yeah, and if they win that one, and if you subscribe to the belief as I do, that Miami or Indy neither team is good enough to win out, then I think you're looking at a very strong possibility that that last week of the year, the Bengals will go into their final game against Pittsburgh. Now, what we're not going to know is what the Steelers are playing for a Week eight team, and we're also not going to know what the Kansas City Chiefs are going to be playing for a Week eighteam their Denver's final opponent, and so I think we all want the Chiefs to lose a game so they have to play their main guys in that game. But I think it did set the Bangles up that if they take care of business on Sunday, you can start to see the pass open up a little bit, and prior to last weekend, I don't think any of us were exploring those possibilities. So I hate that we're in this situation, right. I hate that they're six and eight. I hate that they're having to rely on other teams. But but you know, two weeks ago people were throwing dirt on the coffin, and I think I think it's time to at least take a pause before we put the shovel back in the wheelbarrow.
Speaker 1: All right, mo mate, you and yours have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year presence to be opened by your daughter. And one of the ways radio is wrong today is not having the moe Eggers running around here saying hey, I want to get into radio, or the antsy dearings, or the Paul Mason's or the Rich Wahlberg's. And somehow radio is differently today, and I'm not sure it's better, But Moegger may and you and yours have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
Speaker 2: I came along at precisely the right time, Bill and forever grateful for it. Merry Christmas, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's continue with more your reaction to more five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW, and Frank Zibell, who runs things at ACR, is a great American. Good to have you with me. This weather interesting Friday afternoon in the Tri State. The snows coming down, should not be much accumulation, but later on temperature's plummet. Getting ready for Christmas and so much more. And you know, every year, at least for the past fifteen or twenty years, on Christmas Morning itself, the Conclave happens in which the stars, so to speak of the Bigger One, get together in executive fashion starting at about seven am on Christmas Day itself. This year, we're going to have Eddie Fingers and Rocky Boyman, Mike McConnell, Scott Sloan and yourself, the five who dominate the airwaves right here in the Tri State, to talk about what's going on, what is not going on, and the first area of entime going to explore with them. And I have my list. Over the last couple of days, I have the topics. I went over my journal, as you may know, every show that I've done for the past forty one years. I've kept a journal on under the date and the guest, and I started a new one because I ran out of space on on a Monday, September the ninth, twenty twenty four, which was, you know, an interesting day. The It was after a Bengals loss the game before against New day before against New England, I had on Moeger. I just had on again. At one o six pm, I had on Grover Norquist, and a two of six I had on Scott Powell. And every show that I do, I keep a little note as who I had on things like that, so that year's in I could get together and talk to the conclave about what happened that year, and I have some preparation. The number one topic I'm gonna deal with is how it all began. And after that, I have politics, the significant Melissa Powers losing in a sense to Countie Pillach and Donald Trump's election in the Congress. JD Vance, Who's going to be his replacement? By the way, it will not be me? Homelessness big mac Bridge City Council mayor retreats jup. Republican Party dead in Hamlton County but thriving in the county surrounding Hamilton County. Why Ohio is read more red than Michigan and Pennsylvania, Wisconsin. The social issues of the day, the death of DEI, the collapse of public education in the Tri State. When it comes to the since the public schools, did you know that fifty three percent of the kids that attend public schools in Cincinnati, at a cost of about twenty thousand dollars each, fifty three percent are chronically absent. And if you're a black boy, the odds are being chronically absent at CPS. It's seventy percent. I know, good public schools like Beechwood, like Deer Park, and guess what they don't have fifty three percent chronic absenteeism. You got to one thing in life you have to do is show up. You got to be there physically. And so we're gonna spend some time maybe on Christmas morning, talking about the collapse of CPS, and uh, fifty three percent chronically absent, seventy percent of black males or chronically absent, not showing up. Fifty two percent of Americans say today that fifty two percent a college education is not important. That we have fifty five million foreign born persons living in this country, which is, by the way, ridiculous, Southern border crime, or some of the issues that proliferate when it comes to marriage. In nineteen sixty, which was you know what, Liam wasn't born yet what sixty four years ago nineteen sixty, the average American male was married at the age of twenty three, female at the age of twenty in nineteen sixty. In nineteen ninety, let's go ahead thirty years it was twenty seven years old for men, twenty five year years old for women, and now twenty twenty. That's close enough. You're thirty one years old if you're a man, and twenty eight if you're a female, which has consequences. You don't get married in your early thirties and want to have a bunch of kids. Doesn't work that way. Eighty percent of twenty five year old men that might be you, eighty percent are not married. Sixty percent of females say that marriage is not that important to them. Between the ages of seventeen and thirty years old females, sixty percent of females say that marriage is not important to them or having children. We do big topics all year about men like you and I. We're in trouble. Jobs, more drug use than women, watching porn taking the place of real relationships with a woman. Jailing mainly men ninety percent jailed, or male suicides seventy five percent, or males lack of education men. So men, especially white males, are in serious trouble by any fair estimate. And lastly, this issues for Christmas morning with the conclave. The top five stories in America, I'll begin number five according to USA Today, Number five, the collapse of Syria and all that entails. Hamas ESBLA. That's bad. According to USA Today, number four top story, the collapse of democratic governments. Think about this, Canada collapsing the government. Britain has had three prime ministers in the last eighteen months. Germany the lead is voted out of office. South Korea President he's a goofball. He declared martial law. France. Big trouble. So the collapse of democratic governments. And they put in that vein by the way that maybe in America we've had the collapse of democratic governments because the Democrats didn't win. Number three. Hamas invays invades Israel on October seventh, twenty twenty three, it's been about a year and three months, and all the things that came out of that. Number two is the Ukrainian War going on nearly three years, at least one million dead, at least three million injured. The Russian invasion going on almost three years, began February twenty fourth, twenty twenty two, which is going to last three days. Now we're into three years, and the top story is in America in twenty twenty four, Donald J. Trump survives. It would be impossible to write a story in which a presidential candidate, Donald Trump is the subject of hundreds of lawsuits, multiple criminal indictments out of New York City, out of Atlanta, two out of Washington, d C. And then another one in southeast Southeast Florida. And here we are on December the twentieth, and he survives the gunshots, survives two impeachments. The guy is the most remarkable political figure in American history, up there with Washington, Lincoln, tr Fdr. Eisenhower, Reagan, and Trump. None of them have gone through other than George Washington. The physical demands that Donald Trump has survived, and in fact he's now flourishing, flourishing. One other story Number six is the mental collapse of the of Joe Biden. You may know that the Wall Street Journal there's been some reporting on this, but the media does not just did not want to report on it because they thought it helped the Republicans. They thought it helped Donald Trump. But the Wall Street Journal, if you have a subscription, did a lengthy story of the mental collapse of Joe Biden starting in twenty twenty one, right after he was so called elected. I still have questions about the twenty twenty election, by the way, but nonetheless, early on the presidency, there was an effort by the White House Praetorian Guard, led by a guy named Ron Klaine and by Joe I'm sorry, doctor Joe Biden, to protect the media and the American people from knowing the truth. Now they could count on the media to involve itself in a cover up, which they've done for the past four years on Joe Biden, who's by the way, quietly quitting as we speak. But they adjusted the presidential schedule starting in January of twenty twenty one due to his advanced age and he would not sit down for interviews. The media availabilities were light. They also limited Biden's schedule because he became tired if meetings went too long, which was thirty minutes, causing him to make mental mistakes. The praetorian guard around Biden told visitors to keep meetings focused, including meetings with senior Democratic lawmakers cabinet officials. Please don't spend too much time, Do not ask him questions, don't ask him to remember things. Went on to say they excluded negative stories about the president and his daily news clips, including negative polling about his twenty twenty four campaign. This is the White House during the age of the rise of the media, implemented greater than normal controls over Biden, who he spoke with, limited the sources of information he consumed, did not prepare presidential daily briefings he could not read them. Allowed Biden to start his day about ten o'clock in the morning and put a lid on most days by noon. He spent sixty percent more time on vacation than working on and on and on and here sat the Washington Post in Washington, DC, itself not covering this story. ABC maybe the worst, NBC, CBS, PBS ignored. And what they did was protect Joe Biden because he was being used by the Obama hangovers for the third Obama presidential term, and there's little or no reporting. In fact, Joe Scarborough has the Lie of the Year of NBC News in which he said in March of this year, this is the sharpest, the brightest Joe Biden that he's ever seen. And the White House staff prevented the press and donors and stakeholders and Biden's campaign from direct contact with the president. He would not the staff would not allow him to make telephone calls on his own. And it went on and on, and he almost almost succeeded in electing someone even less qualified to the presidency. She only won the presidency by about a quarter of a million votes out of some one hundred and fifty million cast in three states. It was close, closer than we like to think. That the cover up by the White House, in conjunction with the mainstream media to keep important facts from you is now going to be laid bare, and more and more books coming out and reporting of what the media did to you as a citizen in twenty twenty four, and the Democratic Party completely complicit in all of it, beginning with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, etc. And they continue to lie on watching right now a news conference in which a KJP, the Press Secretary is telling us how sharp, how sharp Joe Biden is. Let's continue with more. After one o'clock, Leland Fiddett will be here and so much more. After two o'clock the calls and all will be yours at your home of the Bengals News Radio seven hundred Wow. It's an I seventy five showdown.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, you bear cats get it on with Dayton's flyers in primetime.
Speaker 4: What on?
Speaker 1: What ad thunder Stock?
Speaker 6: Get ready for a winner take All contest on the court but nap, get all the action live.
Speaker 1: From Heritage Bank Center, Oh tonight at eight on.
Speaker 5: Seven hundred WLW and seven hundred wlw's live stream on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You know right now, Paul Luck and all the men and women of McKinley Mortgage are there witning for your telephone call and they're getting to work. Homeowners, How good would it feel after Christmas to have all your credit card debt paid off and improve your cash flow to the tune of about two thousand dollars a month off total debt. The underwriting fees waived an all fixed rate home equity loans now at McKinley get the cash to pay off all your debts. McKinley Mortgage approved several loans last week when those doing the refinancing understood they couldn't get the deal done anywhere else, but McKinley and Paul Luck took the time to help them with their loans. Got their loans approved and once again many walk ins took place and they if they can close their refinance by January the tenth. January the tenth, you skip payments in January and February. First payment not due until March first of twenty twenty five. March twenty twenty five, McKinley is first time buyer down payment help and do not fall behind all your payments. Call McKinley Mortgage Now. They will let you know right away if they can help. Number is very simple, seven nine to one twenty seven hundred. Me and my family have been using McKinley Mortgage Now for over twenty years. Support small local businesses. Call McKinley Mortgage once again. A one hundred dollars certificate is yours when you close out McKinley the number to call. They're waiting for your call. Now, Billy Cunningham, the great American joan you and I now is the great Leland Verntered of News Nation and Leland Vitter welcome again to the Bill Cunningham showing Lelard. I don't know where to start. Uh, it's Christmas, it's New Year's, it's all the rest. We're not going to be together, I think anymore this year. And if somebody would tap you on their shoulder and say, Leland Vidder of News Nation, what the hell happened in twenty twenty four? And this is maybe five or ten years from now, the books are being written. The Wall Street Journal did this thing on the mental status, of course of the president, which is the great untold story about twenty twenty three twenty twenty four. We've not hit a functioning presidency who's running it. But if somebody would say, Leland Verter, can you tell me the top two or three big stories of twenty twenty four? What would they be?
Speaker 3: I think unquestionably it is the American people spoke demanding a form of change. And I say that not so much because they elected Donald Trump, but because.
Speaker 1: That was part of it.
Speaker 3: The other part of it is, for example, in Nebraska, where you had a Democrat Union guy who ran as an independent come within three or four point of the city of the United States Center. The American people in twenty twenty four stood up, they said, we've had enough and we want things change. We want Washington torn down. I think the influence of Elon Musk in the election was an enormous moment. Obviously, Joe Biden dropping out all that that you alluded to huge, But from a political standpoint, I think it's actually more about what twenty twenty four means for twenty twenty five. And as you know, your subscriber Warnotes dot Com as our daily newsletter that comes out. And I think what twenty twenty four set up is going to be a very very messy twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: And I think what happened when I review what occurred in the election is there's not there's about four five hundred counties in the United States of America and not one of those counties and Kamala Harris receive more than three percent of the vote that was received by Joe Biden twenty twenty. In other words, the status quot didn't do well. But there's all kind of counties all over the country. In fact, almost a thousand of them that voted for Donald Trump at least three percent more than for Donald Trump in twenty twenty. And the other factor is over three consecutive elections. I've not checked out William Jennings Bryant, who's a good friend of Tony Benders, but nonetheless he ran four times and more or less was a candidate. But this guy, over three election cycles, received about two hundred and ten million votes in those three cycles. Now a great number of that two hundred and ten are the same person voting, but just taking it saying you had this guy. If somebody would look at the results one hundred years from now, assuming we were still around, and somebody would look back in the way back in twenty twenty four, there was this guy named Trump that received two hundred and ten million votes over three election cycles. No one's even close to that. He went through, shall we say, the impossible, the gauntlet to come see ran the gauntlet with the Algonquin, which no one survived the gauntlet because you were killed. But in this case, the gauntlet was run by Donald Trump of the lawsuits, the charges, the indictments, the assassination attempts, the negative media coverage thither and fro, garbage in, garbage out. He came out of it as a magnificent Renaissance eagle with his wings flapping, about to take office, we hope on January the twentieth, and when the story is written, I know the personal feelings one might have towards the Trumpster must color your opinion, and mine are positive. Many in the media is negative. But how remarkable was the gauntlet run by Tacumpsey and the gauntlet run by also I might add Simon Kenton ran the gauntlet. We can describe the gauntlet later on, But what this guy went through between twenty fifteen and twenty twenty four, a ten year period, is unprecedented in American history. And so I would ask you, did God have something to do with the election of Donald Trump? Had had to be something divine. There's a question in there somewhere.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, Curragham. I'm trying to find the questions. There was a lot of statements in a lot of imagery that I am trying.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing you now.
Speaker 3: I've got two weeks of vacation. I'm going to be thinking about it all three weeks. The gods, you know that this is Yeah, I might. I might have an answer for you when we talk in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: But explain it to me if somebody had said to you after the auto just pick a point one of the indictments. Jack Smith was dramatic mar Lago, here we go, Ninja Warriors.
Speaker 3: I hate people who said I hate people who say I told you so.
Speaker 1: I told you so.
Speaker 3: I said on TV. We have the tape multiple times. The exciting part is going to be in the Democratic primary, not in the Republican primary. Everybody wanted to talk about how, oh this is going to be the year of Tim Scott. Yeah right, Okay, Look, Donald Trump won the election, the one because Americans were tired of the status quo. You know, cable news, talk radio, and America is about the future. Okay, around you know, the Christmas tree and at New Year's No one's going to be talking about the past, No one of the great parts of Americas. We talk about the future. And I think what Trump supporters and might look, I'm I call balls and strikes. My job is not to cheer lead my job is not to have my personal opinions get involved. The question now for Donald Trump is delivering. Everybody said he couldn't win the election. He did. Everybody said, now, everybody said, oh you can't, you can't run Washington this way, and managed by tweets with Elon Musk playing good cop, bad cop. Well, we'll see the results of speaks themselves. You made a great point. One hundred years from now. One hundred years from now, people aren't going to look back on the elections and talk about whether he ran the gauntlet or not.
Speaker 2: There's no there's no president remembered.
Speaker 3: There's no president remembered for winning elections. Presidents are judged by results. Okay, If we think back about the great presidencies, say, think about Lincoln. We don't talk about Lincoln winning the election. We talk about Lincoln keeping the Union together, okay, and what he did, what he said. We don't think about, you know, one of my my personal favorites, Eisenhower. We don't talk about his massive landslide election victories. We talk about his enormous successes rebuilding the military, the Eisenhower interstate system, bringing industrialization through America and manufacturing and setting up you know, the great economic expansion that would go on for decades and decades. We don't have to talk about Ronald Reagan's great electoral victory in nineteen eighty four or what he set up for AH W. Bush and eighty eight. We talk about what they do and that now, that now becomes the new challenge for Donald Trump, and so far he's off to a much better start than he was in twenty sixteen. And I hate say, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Those are a classic comment. It's because I go back to Abraham Lincoln, and you might recall in eighteen sixty he received about thirty seven percent of the vote and the country was going to be split up. It was ugly. He assassination attempts came through Cincinnati. There was a bomb put on a train that he should have been on. He switched cars, the bomb goes off, Abraham Lincoln is not killed. I think of FDR in in February of nineteen thirty three. He's getting some son in Miami. There's an assassin waiting for FDR coming off a train, and he had a small retinue at that point with him. Gunshots are fired and all of a sudden, the mayor of Chicago is killed and FDR is saved by this slimmest of margins. In nineteen sixty three, Lee Harvey Oswald, he has to get a job. He's gotta find work. There's two Texas school book depositories. On's in fort Worth. Once in Dallas, some manager said where you're going to go to Fort Worth as close to your home. But then the weekend before he starts work, someone got pregnant in the Dallas, Texas school Book depository and the manager said, well, Lee Harvey Oswald, instead of going to Doubt, instead of going to Fort Worth, you go to the Texas school Book Depository in Dallas. That's where you're going to work. The twist and turns of history. When the Trumpsters in Butler County, Pennsylvania, he normally doesn't refer to the immigration map until later on in his speech. For some reason, the map was up. He turned to his right to reference the immigration map. The bullet whizzes by his ear, clips off a little piece of flesh instead of the right side of the right side of his brain, And those little twist and turns of history determined the outcome of so many great elections. If Richard Nixon had said, you know what, when he first discovered about the break in at the at the DNC and the Watergate, would have said let's clean that up immediately. That's not his instincts. So the twist and turns of history are such that we have no idea what's going to happen in the future. I hope Donald Trump survives until January the twentieth. There's still a Iranian assassination teams out there to get him. All that. If somebody would say, as you said, in a classic way, elections are about the future, not the past, because people don't remember exactly what happened in nineteen seventy two with McGovern. I think you and I probably do. It's about the future. If a year from now we are together, God willing, and we are together in December of twenty twenty five, and we have peace in the world, we have American economic expansion, the southern border somehow is locked down, only legals are brought in, the illegal gangs are shipped out of the country, and there's po's Americana over the world. We would have said, boy, Donald Trump had a great, great first year. If, on the other hand, there's complete gridlock in Washington, there's some national international event we can't even conjure. We have no idea what's going to happen, and the Trump's has got a bad reaction into it. Or if some catastrophe strikes the world, which will be a use of a nuclear weapon in Eastern Europe and all heals break and loose China invased, invages Taiwan, and then we're in a completely different course. And at this point I think the country is better off. You calls ball, you call balls and strikes. I tend to be a little more subjective in my analysis, but I could not imagine a world right now in which Kamala Harris is the president elect and that Tim Waltz is ready to be the president of the Senate vice president. I could not imagine that world just as we sit here toward the toward the end of December. Would you say that there's a sense it's morning in America spelt the right way and uh, and that the catastrophe of Kamala Harris did not take place? Can you say that Leland.
Speaker 3: Vitters, Oh boy, it's Friday before Christmas and you're trying.
Speaker 1: To get me in trouble.
Speaker 3: These are the days that you talk about hot chocolate, rest peas and your favorite Christmas Carol.
Speaker 1: I want to be a little deeper because I have hope. But what's happening with the balance?
Speaker 3: This is okay, I'm gonna answer. I'm gonna give you an answer, okay, only because I like you. The answer is this, if we look at the polling and we see the fact that a far greater percentage of Americans approve of the job Trump's doing than voted for him, it tells us that the American people are optimistic. Yes, and I think you are onto something that that same feeling would not exist with Kamala Harris and with Tim Walls, And I'll tell you dot dot dot are reason why. One of the great American scandals, and we are just now learning about how deep it was and how perverse it was and remains, is the cover up of Joe Biden's.
Speaker 7: Health and the fact that that same regime would be re elected and would now be coming into power and the same people who lied and covered up and gaslighted about his health and his competence.
Speaker 3: That I think would have a profound effect on America's trust in the democracy and in the idea and in the institutions. I know no greater threat to democracy than a White House for four years essentially run by a chief of staff and the first Lady, with this group of cabinet secretaries and lawyers and doctors, and the Vice President covering it up, and the media to a large extent not asking questions about it. So I think if there's a reason that right now things would be very different if Kamala Harris had been elected, that's it.
Speaker 1: I have hope. All we have is hope. And if those kinds of lies and deceptions would succeed, the countries in worse shape than it might be. Leland Vettered, great comment, and may you and yours have a merry Christmas and a very happy New Year. And thank you, thank you, thank you Leland for coming on so many times this year, and let's keep it going in twenty twenty five. Thanks for the support.
Speaker 3: Bill, my best you and also a merry Christmas. And thank you to your listeners for supporting us here at News Nation and signing up for War Notes as well.
Speaker 1: God bless America, Leland Vetter, thank you very much. Let's continue with more Bill cunning into Great American Live at Jerome of the Reds and the Bengals who now have a heartbeat after last night's game, all in news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: It's the Battle of Ohio.
Speaker 8: But you touchdown past number five for Joe Borrow Job Burrow.
Speaker 5: It is big Brad Bengals like for their playoff lives. What may line up against the Browns in October? The Orange and Black beat the Brownes. It you'll make triumph in victory again and keep their postseason Greens alive.
Speaker 2: Nail, I am Bam fam when you.
Speaker 5: Get the call from Dangerous Dan order Mighty Dave Black. Coverage begins Sunday morning at night so WLW.
Speaker 1: The home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 4: Twas the night before Christmas? Wait? Wait twas? What's twas? Is that short for? It was? What kind of rush?
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 2: Ind man?
Speaker 4: You can't just say it was? Oh, you saved a lot of time there, fella.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hello, quiet, I'm Skos, I'm broadcasting segment.
Speaker 1: Here they are again completing the year twenty twenty four. You will be here in all likelihood this is my last show until January. The second twenty twenty five segment. Yeah, I have a question for you. Uh oh, before we get to the free kick and all the sports? Uh huh, when the conclave meets an executive session, shall the shoes of the fishermen? Right? When we meet an executive session? Christmas morning? Right, there's gonna be any fingers right, there will be the rock right, there will be Mike McConnell. Right, there will be Scott Slowan. Here's gonna be the spectacular, Yes, Christmas morning spectacular. Yeah. And I prepared for you and for them my questions right here. Okay, can you see the questions?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so this is like a preview, so you want you got to what like two of them or none of them?
Speaker 1: Can you see the first? What is the first question? I can't read your writing. How did it all begin? Oh? Okay, you can't read segment. I can't read your writing. I want to ask the segment, how did it all begin? My mom and dad got together? Not quite that far? Oh okay, I'm sorry. How maybe at the Dent Movie Driving that's a different issue. Yeah, Penny used to love to go to the Dent Movie Drive in a neat popcorn in the back row. That's all I can say. I won't get more specific seg Man, you and this station. How did it all begin?
Speaker 11: Well, he, let's see, I was at the NKU and we were in a broadcast law class with a gentleman by the name of doctor Byron Wrins.
Speaker 1: So you're in a what kind of class broadcast law? We had to take it at KU.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and we had a report on like these broadcast like Supreme Court issues and this.
Speaker 1: And Thatfore was this seventy eight?
Speaker 11: This was probably a night Yeah, probably there probably nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Who was president of nineteen eighty.
Speaker 11: I didn't I didn't really care go ahead, So I just sat there. And all of a sudden he said, oh, by the way, WLW is looking for somebody to write up sports on the weekends. And little seg Man said, remember that light bulb that went up above your head flick bingo, and before that, before that, in the morning, from six am to nine, I went down and parked in the old Pogues parking lot where you people don't know where that is anymore, walked across the street into the Crew Tower in its glory.
Speaker 1: Days, back when men were men.
Speaker 11: Went up the elevator to fifteen thirty w c k Y sat next to two illustrious or three illustrious gentlemen in the broadcast industry, Mark Neely don Herman and Bill Serell. Don Herman was a living legend in Yes, and I did. I produced their health well, they had an airplane. I produced their traffic reports, and I left. I left school. I thought, well that day and he announced that I remember it was snowing, so I took a I took a tank bus tank from Highland Heights the Dixie Terminal, went into three's fourth Street. Applied A couple of weeks later, this was probably mid September. The Great Bill ride Now recalled me on a Saturday afternoon at my house and said, said, you want to come work with What come work for us? I said, yes, sir, been here ever since. Bill was nineteen seventy eight seventy nine.
Speaker 1: Bill, right in the beginning, What did you do? Seventy eight seventy nine eighty before I saw the talent in you? In eighty three, What did you do? It was helicopter Trafford that tell the America.
Speaker 11: I sat in a booth, sat outside, worked with the music professor Jim Lebarbara kept the log for him. I was in a booth with about six to eight or nine police scanners a in a a pad of paper, and I would write down the accidents and send him up to then Bill Behar in the helicopter. Gosh, this was thenters right.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden it's like, well, okay, may then I say this, Nancy McCormick, rest in peace, Amen to that, please continue.
Speaker 11: And then all of a sudden Willy thought, well, you know, let's do this thing. And all of a sudden I got hooked in with Andy Mack and the Great Bob Trumpy and everybody, and what year was out about eighty about saying eighty yeah, because my for my first game, I uh my first they said you're going to get a red's pass because they wanted more stuff from the clubhouse in that other than Joe Joe star of the Game show.
Speaker 1: You want half more time tape, three quarters of the yeah I got. I was. I started getting tape. You were like a microphone stand right, here's a plump one. All we saw you was that's what and that's all I needed. I used to tell people that Mike's that Mike's clip right there. I used to get paid twenty five dollars to put it to get it on TV twenty five dollars. It wasn't the truth. I just I was just right.
Speaker 11: I was just right there, and I put that I put our logo right in the middle of everything.
Speaker 1: I vaguely recall seg Man. Yeah, in the summer of eighty three, when Randy Michaels bought the station and said to his lawyer, me do evenings for a while and we'll find somebody else. Right, when did we begin the Stuge report, the Stooge report.
Speaker 11: Well, he came through the high school football score we did on Friday nighty I don't know, I mean right, a couple of years, probably after you started.
Speaker 1: Yid Man says, eighty five. What do you say. I would say that's probably true, because up to that point we didn't know what the hell we were doing. No, well, you were doing legal advice every night. And then they then they introduced the truck and Bozo. He came in with Randy Michaels, and I said, you look like an armpit with eyes.
Speaker 11: I thought he had the real clown suit on. I'm thinking, man Jack, But the Bozo was the greatest.
Speaker 1: That was eighty four, correct, because Bozo ruled the overnight rate was the king Amen from midnight. In fact, I was on nine pm to one am from a year and a half. Correct. When they brought into Bozo under the leadership of Randy Michaels, he began a nine to five and I said, thank god, yes, I had cases at eight o'clock in the morning. Correct, didn't get the I didn't sleep till three or four, got up at seven and I said, thank god you're here. And at some point thereafter I'd say a couple years we had the idea of why don't we do on Friday nights the Friday football follies, that's correct, And then from that I would go out to various high schools and do pep rallies right and the assembled crowd to generate excitement for the station. And now instead of we going to them, they come to us. They come to us. So don't want to keep doing it for full circle. We'll get beechwood in attack of the first attack it. Oh, he might show up segment why don't you give me quoting and give me some sports?
Speaker 4: Will he?
Speaker 11: The stood reporters of Proud Service of your local Tamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality. You could feel the beautiful milk for the Homo one main gallery. What about Sega Claus called Baker Heating at five one three eight three one fifty one twenty four.
Speaker 1: Got a text here from Paul Luck and McKinley Mortgage. When are you gonna play Sega Claus song? AMC if you can find a Sega Claus song? Oh no, I can't remember that one. Sega Claus.
Speaker 11: Also acr gunn eyed Pools Willies are presenting sponsor this week holiday special going on now. Call today and you can swim in twenty twenty five because of the Great Frank Zibell.
Speaker 1: Don't give you a dozen golf balls too, acrgun eyed pools dot com. We also want to thank Lear's Prime Market, your holiday party destination for our lunch today. Order the fresh party trays, that world famous tenderloin and Prime riv for those holiday dinners and festivities next week. Sloan does Sega clause? Where is Sloaney? Where is he? Probably drunk someplace? Let's see.
Speaker 11: Of course, Willie the Bronco's losing last night and that ups the Bengals chances now of making the playoffs to eight percent according to NFL dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has to happen, seg Man, right on Sunday. Bengals must beat the Browns correct next Sunday or is it Saturday? The Bengals right? Next Saturday. Corengles must beat Denver YEP, which is likely. Both are likely correct, right, and then the Bengals must beat Pittsburgh. We'll see about that one man. In addition to that, the Broncos need to lose in Denver to Kansas City. Watch. I don't know what they do. They win at home, maybe Kansas City won't care about the game.
Speaker 11: They also need the Dolphins and Colts to lose at least one more game.
Speaker 1: Which is likely. So after that free kick last night, I now have hope. Oh that's a good thing.
Speaker 11: It looks like Joe Burrow's okay for his knee and T Higgins is in for Sunday.
Speaker 1: That's unusual.
Speaker 11: Covers begins nine Ams for a pregame sports Talk Live from the Holy Grail. Postgame Sports talk bad Tom Smith brewing in beautiful Madisonville. Oh, Joe Burrow Christmas gifts to his offensive line, hitt't gi him cars like party I bet gave him authentic Japanese sarah Man Samurai samurai and read my writing.
Speaker 1: He gave Japanese samurai katana swords from the sixteen hundreds. What are you gonna do with that?
Speaker 11: Patrick mahomes of his offensive Lineman gifts including Yetti Coolers, Designer boots, Rolex watches.
Speaker 1: But what am I going to give you?
Speaker 11: Brock Purty of the forty nine Ers called his offensive line out fellows, Got something for you for Christmas?
Speaker 1: From Joyce, from Joseph Toyota.
Speaker 11: Ten ten Toyota brand new ten, brand new Toyota trucks. For each of his Offensive Linemen segment, give me out of the Stude reports. Because we're up against the clock after two o'clock, I'm gonna take calls to the American people for the thirty minutes seven four nine, seven thousand. Who will be the first and the last segment hit it?
Speaker 1: Also? Will you don't forget tonight the college basketball It's the Battle of the Top twenty five number twenty two, Dayton the nineteen rated Bearcats. Eight o'clock here on seven hundred WLW segment, Give me out of the Stuge report. Willy, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stewod Report playoffs on seven hundred WLW lets gingerbread. People don't hang around that long this time of year.
Speaker 3: You've got to make the most of our time out eight by five.
Speaker 1: That's why we listen to Eddian Rockey Ooh my arm.
Speaker 4: They're fun and you can be a part of by thy Legs and.
Speaker 1: You can be a part of their show.
Speaker 4: They really make the holidays.
Speaker 3: See Oh Dear the head shot Eddie and Rocky this afternoon at three.
Speaker 1: On seven hundred WLW. First of all, all the great Americans at Joseph Chevrolet, wish you and yours and merry Christmas in a happy new year. Big end of the year close out sale now happening all through December thirty first at Joseph Chevrolet and Cole Rain. How about you getting GM employee pricing on all new twenty twenty four Chevrolet stilling stock only at Joseph Chevrolet. Or take two thousand dollars off MSRP and get zero percent APR and the completely redesigned twenty twenty five Chevrolet Equinox. Joseph Chevrolet is the number one name in town. Low prices, low interest, rates are great selection and a great staff. It all happens at Joseph Chevrolet and Cole Rain and Joseph Verla dot com com, Bully Cunningham and as the radio works. Today. This is the last day many of us will be on the air with you until in my case, January the second. Normally between now in the middle of January, I go into my Southern Command, get in my double wide near Cape Coral, Florida, and enjoy some golf with friends and family and things of that character. But this year is different because my wife, the People's Judge, suffered an injury during a match, a little bit of rugby match she was in and suffered some a little bit of a broken here and have broken there. I'm going to spend time with her. Not good to travel in those conditions, so I'm going to nurse her back to health as a good man should. So I'll be with you well during the month of January. We're scheduled to be elsewhere. But in reality, you know, many times things happen as you plan your life, and this is one of those little bit of a ripples in the road, which Penny will overcome with great alacrity and also faith in God Almighty, and the best medical care in the world. I especially want to thank the good men and women at the Christ Hospital. Spend some time there. Now she's back home and taking care of her and I love doing that also, so I don't complain because I have new respect for those who are caregivers to love ones that are not capable of getting better over time. And she will get better, but many are involved with it with parents or kids that do not get better, in fact get worse, and that is not her circumstance. So I will be with you through January and a good part of February, and I'll delay our trips to the Southern Command, and I want to thank you again. iHeartMedia for building me in Southwest Florida beautiful studio so I can spend more time with you. Secondly, we have an extravaganza on Christmas morning. I'm putting together of Eddie Fingers will be with us on Christmas morning and Rock which is a sacrifice for him because of his three boys. And Mike McConnell, who's going to spend in April next year, five months from now, complete his fiftieth year in radio again. When he was nineteen years old, and he's kicking it still. And then also to my far right will be Scott Sloan, not politically but positionally, and we're going to talk about things. And I have listed things to do, but I want to hear from you seven four nine, seven thousand pounds, seven hundred couple issues quickly. Within one minute, I'll go to telephone calls. And that is that. One of the issues coming up next year is going to be the treatment of city Council and the mayor. And I want to give two or three council members some props, including Evan Nolan, for what they're doing with the more liberal members of city Council who are violating a court order by saying that we're going to study the problem for the next sixty days and decide what to do with homelessness. In my hands is the court order under date of August sixteenth, twenty eighteen, about six years and four months ago, in which the City of Cincinnati agreed under a court order to quickly remove illegal encampments that are often mobile and are moving nuisances that constitute a hazard of health and safety of the general public, including those living in illegal homeless encampments, and I'm reading the order, which is about what eight pages long, and it's in effect as I speak, And I know that the Attorney General, David Yost i had on a few days ago, is looking into this thing because if the city will not enforce the law, maybe it's up to the state to enforce the law. Much like with sanctuary city sanctuary states. If the cities and blue states do not enforce the law, when federal law just describes who and who is not illegal or legal, then the Feds will get involved and do it. Right now, we have a disengaged see now president who is continuing on a disgusting pardon spree and the media won't cover his senility because it doesn't fit their political wit wants and whims. But we have those those issues and more what to do with homelessness in the city of Cincinnati, which is proliferating. I received almost daily large numbers of picks from individuals of homelessness, Homeless individuals living underneath bridges as I speak, continuing to do so against the law in the city. The city police department will not enforce the statues. Let's go to the calls and who will be the first caller, and who will be the last caller of twenty twenty four. I will be with you, God willing on January the second and third, which are Thursday and Friday after the new year, and God willing about every day in the month of January. Let's continue. First of all, we'll go to Bill, and then Teresa seven four nine, seven thousand, Dave and many others. The top caller doesn't have a name. Let's get the name, sir or madam. What is your name and what would you like to discuss?
Speaker 2: Dight? My name is Dwight.
Speaker 1: All right, Dwright, give me a full report, okay.
Speaker 2: The question of how hot it got to melt or be formed? The bridge girders under four to.
Speaker 10: Seventy one bridge, the mulch used in the playground with a synthetic mulch made out of shredded tires which.
Speaker 2: Enabled it to get very very hot.
Speaker 10: Is you it can tell by these tars that get on fire by accident places. And it was put down by a landscaper who is also a city fireman.
Speaker 1: Okay. And the reason I've seen these tire fires happen and they go on for months and they can't be put out and also on top of that tire mulch. Mulch was a large playset and this wasn't a typical place. It was this. It was fifty by eighty feet place of restructured plastic. And so you take the tire fire lighting up this plastic, it would burn for a long time and that's what created the two thousand degrees that melted the girders. And I'm waiting, here's someone to tell me. Was it a homeless encampment, which is what Dan Hill's, the chief of the police officer says, Or was it these three or four bums and derelicts and are now locked up just decided to set something on fire for the hell of it. We still don't know, Dwight. We don't know the answer to that question.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 10: And the fire department, you know, had a hell of a time putting that far out with the close of the plastic and the tires right.
Speaker 1: In fact, it took hours to put to put it out, and by that point the damage was done. Well, Dwight, Me and you and yours have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year, and thanks.
Speaker 10: For listening, okay, and Merry Christmas, Bill.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, and who will be the last caller with me of twenty twenty four? It could be you. We have two lines opened five and three, seven four, nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundredth New eighteen team. What would you do? What would you do with the homeless situation in the city or what other kind salutations do you want to provide? Let's go to Bill and then Teresa and Dave and then Russell and many others. Bill, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham showing Bill, what do you got?
Speaker 2: How you doing, sir?
Speaker 12: Doing this one of the wish you and said and your families are very happy and prosperous. Merry Christmas in New Year. I've been listening to you for as long as you've been doing the radio. It's great listening to you.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I appreciate I enjoy it. I enjoy it.
Speaker 12: One more thing before I go, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yes, how about Carry Combs coming back? Maybe if things don't go with Ryan Day well, and my sources in Columbus tell me that if he doesn't win the national championship, he's gone, which I think is stupid. Ninety seven and one against the Big ten other than Michigan one in four against the Big ten. So putting that all together, he's ninety eight and five in the Big ten. Ninety eight and five, and that's not good enough.
Speaker 12: I can't believe that.
Speaker 2: Ninety eight and amazing. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: People. I talked to the powerbrokers at Ohio State. They tell me he's gone, and they've already got one or two people that are looking at I'm going, are you kidding me? Ninety eight and five and that's not good enough.
Speaker 2: That's the world we live in.
Speaker 1: Will he let me answer you this bill? If you could change something about our station, can you think of something you would change or something you would compliment?
Speaker 12: Well, I compliment you guys. You know, Mike McConnell was great.
Speaker 2: I think you do a great stamp there. Keep it going. Maybe you want a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: Well, I told Donald Trump that I would be here as his right flank in the Northwest Territories as long as he's the president. I will be here to defend him here and we'll see what happens down the road. If I'm blessed with good health. You know, I just turned seventy seven years old a couple of days ago, but I kind of quote the George Strait song, I still feel thirty five most of the time, and I enjoyed life. I'm motivated every I get up. I want to do this. When I want to get up in the morning and not want to do this. Now, I know it's time. Or if large numbers of people quit listening to me, or advertisers quit advertising with me, then I know it's time to go. But at this point, Hell, I think I might have another five to ten years left to me. What do you think?
Speaker 12: Keep it going, Willie, I'm seventy four, I'm three years younger.
Speaker 10: I got your team here.
Speaker 12: Keep me in your prayers.
Speaker 3: Let's keep it going.
Speaker 1: God bless them, keep it going, keep it going. Thank you, Bill. Let's continue Now we have Teresa in South Carolina, the home of the game Cocks, and Teresa, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Teresa, how are you?
Speaker 6: I am finer that are frog here? Split three ways, mister Cunningham, How are you today?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 1: If I was any better, I'd be a triplet. I feel good. I feel humble and quietly proud.
Speaker 6: Well, sir, IQ have been listening to you for years and first May I say my best to miss Penny. God bless her, and I hope speedy.
Speaker 2: Recovery to her.
Speaker 1: Well, she's she's John Walker. Now she's getting off the walker next week. Then she'll go to canes and after the canes she'll be doing backflips. I said, I got to get you like some own biles and on the balance beam. That's what I need her to And she said that, She said, Willie, she calls me billy. There's only two people ever calls me billy, which is my mother and my wife, your mom and her and her. And she said, I'm going to get one hundred percent by Valentine's Day. And I said, dear, I'm going to help you, nurse you back to health. It's all going to be good. I love you. You've dealt with me in some bad times. I've dealt with you in only good times. And whatever I can give her, I'm given.
Speaker 6: Well you, sir, a good man. Really quick, I was in the car accident, broke my teamur.
Speaker 9: And shattered my hip. Six months later, after being in a wheelchair, I was in a walker. Then two weeks after the walker, I was on a cane. Two weeks after the cane I was walking, and the doctor's when I wrecked, said that I may told my husband I may never walk again.
Speaker 2: By the grace of God, I walk anyway. That's not why I called.
Speaker 6: I have been listening to you and SEG going down memory lane. I remember and recall vividly when you.
Speaker 2: First came on the air. I remember the Fun Girls.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, that was hysterical Patty Brisbane, good Friday night, fun Girls, good good radio. But what I can't recall when did the Scent of Seg come out?
Speaker 1: Uh, Liam, producer, go into the system and find the scent of Seg if you can. That was about nineteen ninety three, and the Seg wanted to monetize his so called popularity and have the Scent of Seg, which was a beautiful male cologne, be sold for the holidays.
Speaker 6: But you know, uh, hopfully nothing like Gwen Paltrow's candles.
Speaker 1: Not exactly, but nonetheless it wasn't a great financial success. So Seg has many bottles of the Scent of Seg available for distribution purposes. How about that?
Speaker 6: Well, God bless you, sir. You're a good man, and thank you, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Teresa, You're the man and God bless you, and God bless America. Let's continue with more we have. Let's go to Russell in Kentucky. Well, I was born and uh partially raised in Kentucky. And Russell, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Russell, how are you well.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Willy Commander. I've been listening to you.
Speaker 12: Said you was on Bozo.
Speaker 2: I want you to know, said the truckers. God bless you.
Speaker 6: Willie.
Speaker 1: Well, I was there the first lady. I'm taking care of Penne. She's a joy to be with. And you know, she said to me last night, having a fractured pelvis can be a problem. And she says a lot of pain. She won't take any drugs. She takes tyland on. And she looked at me and said, you know, Billy, there's a lot of women, a lot of men that have constant pain. I know one day my pain will be gone, and I'll pray for those whose pain will not be gone. And I said, dear, that's why, with a smile on your face, we're going to get through this together. And she's been a great life part ne her mind. And Russell, I remember the first day that the Bozo walked into a studio and I was there the last day when Bozo walked out. And there's never been a better representative of the trucking community than the great Dale Somers. May he rest in heaven. I was proud to do his eulogy. It's online. But Russell, I'll tell you what, because the time restraints, you're the last caller I have in the year twenty twenty four. How about that?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: Is this a great country or what?
Speaker 1: Russell? God bless you and Merry Christmas. Let's continue with more news and sports are next at your home of the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WULW. Give it to me straight. I came a long wait just to see you. Mary. Just at least you can do his level with me. What are my chances?
Speaker 2: Not good? Not good?
Speaker 1: Like one out of one hundred. I'd say more like one out of a million. So you're telling me there's a chance. That's a chance. And the dum dumble. But just when you think who's dumb and dumber in this group? I think I'm dumb and I think you're a dumber to be honest with Okay, just checking, Just when you think you can't do anything more stupid. You do something like this and totally redeem yourself. Seg that's you. Okay, give me some sports, will you. Well the studio it's here from a well. He turns ninety pretty soon. He's still doing that burger king thing of Kalamazoo. I think he's running things in Omaha Omaha. So I was like, way he moved it up to he's a manager.
Speaker 11: He's a manager now district manager. It's like the DJ Hodge and Burger King.
Speaker 1: But maybe go to frishes. But say, listen up a little bit, good point. Listen, sit back.
Speaker 11: Say this is the kids and Elvis is the big Boy statue.
Speaker 1: I tried to buy one for five thousand, and they turned me down. I said, I'm not paying twenty thousand dollars for a big boy. I'll pay five Give me mister big Boy out in front of my house right there for five grand. It's worth it. Day one twenty, I said. Nab bab Bannah Nababana was that black market can't say. But he's chained right now somewhere in Wanning Hills to be chained out of in a cage somewhere in the back of one. I won't over looked down moss. I'll take that one? How much? Fifteen thousand? I said, kiss my ass? You can kiss my double decker. I wish I had one too, me too. Hot fudge cake. Doug gone to two. Now I'm going to the one on Plainfield Road. They closed, go to the mainliner. That is unbelievable that the mainliner is is down by the way. The meal was great. That this is an outrage, I thought, Can I go to a Can I get a big boy somewhere? Hot fudge cake?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: What about strawberry pie? Oh my gosh, how about some chick cherry? About that? And what about the frishes ice? Oh give it to me, baby, give it to me. Nobody makes that anymore Frish? How do you make special ice? I have no idea. Talk to Home City. They do everything in ice.
Speaker 11: Well, he the stooge reporters of proud service of a homebo teme star heat.
Speaker 1: He get into anterisiting dealers manning shut up thamestar.
Speaker 11: Quality you can feel in beautiful western hills. Call Brett durban at Durbin, heating at five and cooling at five one, three, five, nine eight, eighty four forty nine or go to Durbin Heating and Cooling dot Com.
Speaker 1: Worse scent of sag Tony Benner's gonna find its scent of seg by Bob hid Out the job Hot Nice sold out, not hot Nice, and Newport Motels whatever sweat lot's of grease. Here comes the song. This is the greatest, Uh christ, I like the one by what's their name? Vance and Vince and all? No, you said the Valuanes. That's it right there. That is the name of a car by Chrysler Plymouth.
Speaker 11: Still, I also want to thank a cr Gun Eye Pools for our presenting sponsor this holiday week.
Speaker 1: Frank z I Bellbary Christmas, Happy New Year. He'll dig the hole yourself Holiday special Going on Shovel, Get on a shovel like John Dutton being buried by the ranch hands in Yellowstone.
Speaker 11: Call today and swim in twenty twenty five ACR Gun Eye Pools.
Speaker 1: Dot Com segment Hold on listen. One of the great voices and baby other than Whitney Houston who blew it out rocket crack, cocaine and marijuana, taking about two million bucks a year in royalties. Out of this, she had no idea it was going to be accessible. Don't have any new Christmas songs. This was like thirty years old. That's pretty old, so don't need anything.
Speaker 11: Well you got Bing Crosby and Gene Autry singing and Dean Martin.
Speaker 1: About burl lives. Can't forget Hayton. Yeah, the fat guy would have been at King Cole. He died early. Too too much Cigarettes.
Speaker 11: College basketball tonight Willie battle of top twenty top twenty five teams right along the Big River, number twenty two Dayton and number nineteen Cincinnati Bearcats at eight.
Speaker 1: Don't forget we have a battle on that. I have date and you have uc for a. You put Sunday from.
Speaker 11: Go ahead as Xavier will pay a host ninth rated Marquette tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 1: Here on seven hundred w WELW. By the way, Belgian Waffle was closing all over the place too, you know Party City, I just saw closing. How about Fridays, big lots everything I thought, everything I think I was. I thought every gonna get better with all Humpster. Well he's not in yet, you clown. Missile to college football first round of the playoffs tonight, to kickoff at Indiana Notre Dame seven thirty, ESPN fifteen thirty tomorrow down in dirty.
Speaker 11: SMU and Penn State. Who you got there? Taking a allions. I like the road because of Madeira. I like the mustage. Websit in Texas. That's a lot of orange. At four o'clock, I'm taking Texas, Tennessee the the Ohio State University.
Speaker 1: I'm told he's gone. Ryan Day has gone collectively ninety eight and five against all Big ten teams, including Michigan, and they got to get rid of him. Ninety eight and five.
Speaker 11: NFL tomorrow right here on seven under WLW Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco, and Party Town your tailgate HQ.
Speaker 1: Got a text here from Paul Luxa's great economy. Everything is closing. It'll get your mortgage now. Get your mortgage now before it's too late. Brown's been in the equity of your home, Brown's and Bengals On Sunday. Bengals coverage nine am, pregame, Sports Talk Live at the Holy Grail, kick off at one at end. Postgame coverage Forever Bad, Tom Smith Brewing in Beautiful Madisonville. Will you be their segment early Sunday morning.
Speaker 11: Yes, with a tailgate crashers pregame party from nine am to noon at beautiful Longworth Haul.
Speaker 1: You don't do about anything for an appearance fee high school football?
Speaker 2: Cole Rain?
Speaker 1: What has a new head football coach? Carry combs?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Carry Combs?
Speaker 11: Bill Belichick has left North Carolina and he's headed No. Jordan Stevens is the new head football coach of Mike beloved Cardinals and Cole Rain. He's been at Mount Healthy for the past three seasons.
Speaker 1: The home of the Owls, Union Township Frishes, according to Tom weed Man, is still open. Get there immediately. The Township Frishes coach Stevens led the Owls to a ten and three record in a Division two regional semi final finish this year. When's the last time Cole Raine on a football game? I think when I was like a senior. What happened to Tom Bolden when you need him? He bolted for Lakota West, doing pretty good there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Union Township, I assume a Union township in Kentucky. It says Union Township, and they're still open segment. So we have a hot fun Sunday bed. You know what, you know what?
Speaker 11: We got to take this your show one day on at the Frishes.
Speaker 1: It's still open. Going to do it quickly.
Speaker 11: And take donations to revive every freshes in the world.
Speaker 1: How do you get the staff and the cost are too high? Sit back segment still looking for sentis just like Perry Coman, probably in the vaults and silver lanes. Very good. I have a good I gotta go to here too. That's the only part of my He got to point that Tom Weed. Then what is he is he eating there? Yeah? He sent me here sitting there at the table.
Speaker 11: I bet you a as a big trusteer that he is. Bet you think he pays anywhere what he wants in Now.
Speaker 1: How about this Kim Golfer Shiler the one in Eastgate supposedly is open and I go there and the Paula you know when he pays off January the second he wants to pay off which face may they may not be one got to get it. They freeze to say freezing right now? Yeah, I don't get it, but I what do I know? But the closest freshest to my office, it's north of Columbus. I don't know, but nice segment. I want to thank you for the long time we've been together. Hope I'll be back with you January the second, Yes, sir, and third, and we thank all of our listeners.
Speaker 11: We think all of our listeners are not listeners and out stay safe on the road, stay safe for this holiday season.
Speaker 1: Thanks the very merry Christmas and happy New Year. And all of our trouble segment temp star quality you can feel. Can't go over all of them. We'll forget a few, correct. All I can say. I know I'm going to a swimming pool from ac R Gunney Pools.
Speaker 11: I know Baker Heating, Durban Heating, Schmid Heating and Cooling, Sheldon Braun at Broun Heating, Stacey Heating and Air Solutions, Wyoming Air, the experts. I preferred Home Comfort any any weather heating and air, Johnson Heating and Cooling, Clement Clements Heating and Air, and also Tom Recton.
Speaker 1: How about how about Team Penske them too. You're like a NASCAR driver, for God's sake, get another Indy five win coming up. But also also according to Tony Bender, the president and Vice president both been called back to the hovel office mid they forget something when they left. I think someone was going to tell Biden he's not going to be the president in thirty days. That's the But is there a rumor which is out there that he's going to resign today or tomorrow and give it to Kamala for thirty days to screw up the marketing of Donald Trump's you know, forty five forty make it forty five forty eight, because no one's.
Speaker 11: Supposed to go to California or something got called back that he was he was on the beach in Delaware.
Speaker 1: You don't know where he is. He's old and senile and all the best.
Speaker 11: Willy to our our our better halves to Penny, Denise, my mom, Mary and everyone.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Nothing but good sipback, sex, sipback, Just hit it.
Speaker 8: You begin sunes, just prices.
Speaker 1: Luther Vanders, How about that, Luthor? He is a great singer, But what allows a human being terrible in one of the great male singers of all time. So we'll see what happened. Luthor had some deal with in Vogue. You know, they group and he wouldn't there. He wouldn't let them wear certain colored clothing. Because it would afflickt with him. He wouldn't speak with them. He put up a big, big fence between him and them, and they hadn't. They left the tour and said, we can't deal with this church anymore. Luther Vandroska what a singer though, I don't care he can sing, Luther vandros I think CNN's got a special on him. And Sama's coming up coming up, Ready, Willie, Ready, the Rocks, little kids going to be there and the big thing, and I know it's all done, going to be in preparation seven am to eleven am Christmas morning. Doesn't get any better than that. Now, right, there's gonna be Eddie. Right, there's the Rock. Right there's Mike McConnell completing fifty years in radio, not here, but fifty total in April of next year. And right there's going to be the loud mouth, the sharp tongued Scott Sloan. Oh, you mean the Grinch had stole Christmas? He steals Christmas. He did not vote for Donald Trump. I don't think Mike mcconnald, do you vote for himself? Probably? I'll vote for any segment. Give me out of the stuge report, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's car as yours truly, I'll see you all this Sunday night, but also January second and third. I'll be back loud proud in Sassey. The double wide near Cape Caral is going to have to wait. Segment. Get me out of the Stuge report.
Speaker 11: Willy and honor of all of our loyal listeners and everyone out there and Radio Land singing loose Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stuard Report here that Bengal Grewland mean and nnger beat who day who day?
Speaker 1: Who they think going to beat them Bengal. Well, I'll say it again. I said it to start off today's show, that there's hope because of what happened with the free Ki last night in Los Angelesday they win next Sunday, it's gonna keep going on up. It's eight percent. Now make the playoffs. If we get through Sunday in good shape, it's going to be about twenty five percent. And then when they play Denver here, if they beat Denver here, which is likely, it'll be fifty or sixty percent. Then if Denver loses playing Kansas City, and the Bengals beat Pittsburgh, then the Colts in Miami each lose at least one game of the next three. Then they're to the playoffs segment would you be shocked and amazed? No, because that's what I'm counting on me too. Segment. Thank you, Sir, Tony Bender.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Keep the music going on seven hundred W all the