Speaker 1: Hmmm, come on, many, go for it.
Speaker 2: Dude, gets Friday.
Speaker 3: Day and then you had all right. I'm still trying to figure out how did make all these things working, pushing button and everything and all that kind of stuff. So Hi, it's a Friday, and it is you and me and everybody, and we got stuff to talk about all over the place. We've got draws that came up in both Europa League and in champions Like. We'll get into that. We'll get into somebody who came by the airport last night here in SDHHD and came back and there were folks that were welcoming somebody back to Atlanta. If you were there, let me know what the vibe was like. Saw the vibe from our buddy Justin Felder at Fox five Morning Ricky and Morning Derek. I know my date is two days slow, Oh crap it is. I'll be damn uh it's I know. It's like I look at the thing and you're like, my date. Yeah it's one, No, it's one thirty one. Genius. Well let me here, let me see if I can, let me see if I can do a live edit here edit and no, okay, because I was trying to see if I could edit copy update. Oh no, update titles. Here we go, so update titles, hang on, hang on all right, so twenty nine thirty one, next and hit next. There we go, save and magically maybe there we go. Okay, now Abby's made it to Florida in the new abstomobile. Thank you, Thank you, Ricky, thank you for card. Good morning. All right, so if you were there, let me know what the vibe was like. We got to talk about what's going on at Middlesbrough. We gotta talk because there's obviously there's some stuff and we got to sort through it. But yeah, there's we got to talk about some stuff. So we'll talk about Latte Loth mainly, we'll talk about the money, and we'll get into what is being said reported. It's not news. What's being reported on the two hundred and eighty character app and it's all over the place. Money's all over the place, numbers are all well four card. I'm going to get into that. Like I said, I want to. I want to get into I don't think it's borough, but this is going to be and this is going to be a bit of a lengthy deal, so it might end up being in hour two, so we can go down the rabbit hole a little bit. But there are updates. Ricky has mentioned Cabral, allegedly reports tying him to west Ham and Graham Potter seems to be all keen on it. Remember what ever, Buddy Toddaus said yesterday. If you didn't, if you want a part of that conversation, go back, go listen to it on our platforms, on all of our audio platforms. And in the show starting at about the fifty five minute mark was when Nino's segment was yesterday when we went fully loaded. So Nino ain't all that keen on Arthur Cabral. I don't think it's burah, I you know, and I don't know Michael. If we are bidding against ourselves and I think four Card is onto it. I think four Card is onto it here. So four Card is looking at our friends at MP Management Agent, trying to kill the vibes and take more money. That's where I'm leaning in all of this. Like I said, we'll take all the pieces because it's gonna take a bit of a build. And so we'll walk through Middlesbrough and we'll walk through the numbers, we'll walk through the bit with the agent. Remember we had the talk about the agent and the agency. We had that discussioner in the week. We'll go back over that for those you've missed it about where their talent pool exists. So there's a lot to discuss about MP and the agency and the numbers, and I want to walk through it. I want to take the time. I want us to walk through it. But as four card has put into the twitch pitch, this is where I'm leaning about the agent. But like I said, we will present the evidence, we will present everything that we know, and we'll break it all down. Like I said, I think it's going to be an hour number two as we get ready for it, Lanty United and Birmingham on the weekend. Remember atlutd dot com slash live for the kick a couple of minutes before, not on ninety two nine in the game, So Atlanta in Birmingham and then after that seven point thirty Eastern is the target time that Maddy and I are going to run point where on Saturday night we're going to be at Monday night and so we'll have all your post game there. We'll have your post game thoughts. Anybody who's still in town that wants to stay, we'll go over to Monday night and hang out for a little bit. Tyler Pilgrim from Scarves and Spikes is going to be there, are Buddy Kaylor Hodges from the USL Show is going to be there. We may have some representation from Legion hanging out with us as well to find out what it's going to be like there in their USL season coming up in short order. So if you're in Birmingham a it'll be great to see it b Saturday night, at Monday night, Monday night browing, you can. Scott Flood and the Flood Project have done some great work in getting everything orchestrated in trying to make the experience in Birmingham a really cool one. And so you're not just driving over for a game and then you're driving back. So it's drive over for a game, maybe hang out for a little bit, hang out with us at Monday night brewing in downtown and then make your way back, or spend the night in Birmingham and have a good time. I guess my plan is that it's probably going to be depending on how long of a night it is at at Monday night, Monday night brewing in cafe. I may go to Rojo and pick up some tat shows and take them back to the hotel. It's kind of like it's kind of like when you go to waffle House and you get the order of hash browns and you can get scattered, mothered covered chunks and top. You can kind of do the same thing involving Rojo and their hash browns and literally you can have a meal of the hash browns that's attached. So I think it's four thirty eastern Abbey, hang on just a second, let me. I want to double check it. No, that's not what I did trying to open up windows and things like this. It's like, no, that's not what I'm trying to do. So schedule, we hit schedule. I just want to double check. So it might be a couple of minutes before four to thirty eastern time that Atland United and Birmingham Legion and go at it, and it's at protective. It's not like on any goofy campus or anything like that. It is four thirty Eastern time. Kick four thirty Eastern timekickatl utd dot com, slash Live, Mike and Jason are there. I know that Maddie and I will be there in sdh ness and we will let you know what's going on while we're there. We'll have the game report up at Soccer down Here dot net. We'll get your post game, have that posted, probably do something again to a full time report with the cast of thousands that's gonna be there. So set your notifications and set your stuff, and however you notify yourself that things are coming up on networks and audio and video and all that kind of stuff. So once again four thirty kick on Saturday atlut d dot com slash Live. A couple of minutes beforehand, Mike and Jason will be there, will be there, and then you can go to Monday night and hang out with us on a Saturday night. So there you go, all right. Then after that they go to IMG for a while and they're gonna be there for ten days, playing New England on the eighth, so next Saturday on the eighth, and then s C Cincinnati on the twelfth, coming back to Atlanta on the fifteenth, and they play in a closed door match against FC Dallas that one I believe is going to be on atl U t D dot com slash Live. I think it's on ninety two nine in the game, and that one will be on the fifteenth closed door session between FC Dallas and Atlanta United. So that's the rundown, so yesh at O U t D dot com slash Live and ninety two nine in the games broadcasting Chattanooga on radio. So at O U t D dot Com slash Live with Chattanooga, Birmingham in Dallas. Keep your notifications up involving the other matches, UH, with Cincinnati and New England if they're going to be on the dot comlas slash Live. So dot Com slash Live has the three of the five Chattanooga, Birmingham, Dallas, and just keep your notifications up for everything else, all right, So the Orlando scrimmage was added? Where was that added? Hang on? Yeah, because that was I think that was Where was the Orlando scrimmage? Hang on? Just a second, Uh, Orlando City, Atlanta United And I'm trying to type and Wednesday the fifth, So Wednesday the fifth at a time that is TBD, So Wednesday the fifth is where that one is? So Orlando is uh, Orlando's on the fifth, Revs Are on the eighth, Cincinnati's on the twelfth. There you go, So five eight, twelve. Third one that got added in is Orlando. So once again, don't know the broadcast plans if they exist for that one, and we'll keep an eye on all of that stuff for the three matches that are in Central Florida at IMG after the match this weekend in Birmingham and then they go down to IMG and go and hang out in Bradenton, Florida. So that's what you're staring at for Atlanta United in the schedule coming up here as we get ready, because we are twenty three days away, no, twenty two, twenty two days away from the beginning of the regular season, because if it's the twenty second, then it would be twenty twenty two days and then you add one for today, So twenty three days away from the beginning of the regular season. Very very busy time in Orlando. When it comes to Atlanta United today at Mercedes Been Stadium. It is going to be the reintroduction of Miguel Almron. He's going to be there for the local media three o'clock and keep an eye out for any kind of video that might be live or recycled very very quickly about the reintroduction of Miggey to the local media three o'clock at some Mercedes been stadium, So that's your mid afternoon plans, and then everybody gets to fight traffic and drive home except for Abbey who's in South Florida. So that's going on this weekend, and then they'll discuss, you know, plans for getting mica El alm on our own. Ready does he get introduced? You know those kinds of things, you know, with the window by the way for MLS is open today, so anything that might not have been officially official can be announced today. And you're seeing some loan deals and things like that that have been announced. And we'll go over all of all of that stuff with with our news and notes an hour number two and we will break down all of the things. And let's see, Ryan Harris gives me an email this morning. Five hundred days until the World Cup. We're under five hundred June fifteenth to twenty six, and you're going to have a host city poster and one you're out at three sixty five and so website and all those kinds of things. So note today Landa is marking five hundred days to World Cup twenty twenty six. Migi is three at least that's when we were supposed to be assembled, So we'll keep an eye out for all of that, Ricky. But yeah, three o'clock is when we were told Mercedes been stadium bells and whistles and serpentina and confetti and all that kind of stuff. So this afternoon, the reintroduction is Miggy in three o'clock. Who might be so, let brick it might be five hundred us till the first Atlanta match. Yeah, it might be true because we're under five hundred total. So it was I think four ninety nine earlier this week when we were at the training center on Tuesday, So at four ninety six I think, so four ninety six if my math is correct, before the first match match. So that's where we are, all right. Opening kickoff brought to us buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee, Kickoff coffeeco dot com, and once again we'll go through all the things that you need to know when it comes to stuff. I know that that's incredibly vague, but that's just where we are all right now. Once again, you can go to our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com to kick off your day. And what you do is you buy out the entire store, and and then you can buy out the entire store, but you can do it at fifteen percent off by using the code soccer down here fifteen when you're checking out. So basically you could buy out the entire store. They'd be happy about it, but you could do it at fifteen percent off. You'd still have fifteen percent of your money. So like if you spent ten bucks, even though it would be more than that, you'd be saving a dollar and a half, you'd be keeping a dollar and a half spending ten dollars, and then they in turn take ten percent reinvested. Youth games youth initiatives are friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com, also Olivi and York. You can get your SDCH jersey. The first ever jersey that we've had in twenty twenty five is in the year twenty twenty five. Got to work on my modifiers and it is a Navy jersey thanks to our forensic cause of Permanente, Beyond Goals, Soccer for Good, all those things, and the net proceeds go to stuff that we have earmarked here in twenty twenty five to help out and continue to grow the game. But olive in New York. You can get the sdchgear Kaiser Permanente on the front. You can either have on the navy jersey. You can have either white lettering, white letters and numbers and personalization or like light blue Carolina bluish kind of things, so you could go Carolina blue on navy or white on navy. Go to Olivi York and you can get that all squared away with your SDH jersey, the first ever that we've done there. Now. You can also go to our store at soccer down here dot net and you can take stock of everything that we have in the store. And we do have the newer things in the store, and I know that there are some of you that as are we we probably need to reorder some things. But you can go to the store at soccer down here dot net. You can also look at all of our old our old writings and previous writings and shows and things like that and links and all that. Soccer down here dot net is where you can go on the news and information side and get all your SDH gear. I know that I've had this for years, the retro, the retro lettering, and just even talk about maybe reissuing some of this stuff. But we'll keep an eye on that at soccer down here dot net. Also, soccer's just better in Atlanta. Our friends at Grady Baby Grady Baby Co. And what you can do there. You pick that up. You can get it in the red, you can get it in the black, and it helps out with your purchase either T shirt or sweatshirt. It helps out the advancement and the improvement of middle school soccer programs attached to Atlanta public schools and just the growth of the programs in general. So Grady Baby Co. Soccer's just better in Atlanta. Gear the sweatshirt's awesome. Sweatshirts for me, I like them baggy. I like all my stuff baggy, so people can't see how fat I am. And what you do is you get something you know, and I'll get like a double X because A my laundry skills are awful, and b if it shrinks then there's still some room. But I like baggy anyway. And so our friends at Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co. Do a really comfortable sweatshirt and then it helps out middle school programs involved Atlanta Public schools. So there's that. And then also our friends at the Marshall Islands, which reminds me. I have to send the scarf to the fan in Canton and it's on the other side of this wall. So you can get your end as a soccer for good. O G was wondering about buget hats. Yep, you can get bugget hats from the Marshall Island Soccer Federation. Go to their store. You'll see Maddie and her campaign with the scarf and helping out our friends at the Marshall Islands. You get that from me. The scarfs and the jerseys and the bucket hats and all that kind of stuff. You have to send money to England and Matt Webb, our buddy with the Federation, sends you a package from there, and our friends at Player Layer scarfs come from me. So if you want a scarf from the Marshall Island Soccer Project, but you buy the scarf through the website, Matt sends me a note, Hey, somebody has in the on the your side of the Atlantic has sent a thing and invoice mail them a scarf. And so that's how that's how that's how the circle of life works involving the Marshall Islands. So Marshall Island, Scarf Grady Baby co olivin York, Soccer down here dot net and go to Monday Night Brewing and puh Monday Night Pub and restaurant on Saturday night for Atlanta United postgame reaction. Tyler's going to be there. Kayler's going to be there. Maybe some Legion folks will be there too, and it'll be a fun weekend in Birmingham as Atlanta has match two in the Ronnie dilit Era in the preseason. All right, that's opening kickoff. Bang, there we go. Whatever is on your mind, go ahead and line it up in the queue, and we will discuss the return of Miguel Almron. Like I said seven minutes, if we get a visit from our friends at Beyond Goals Menering, since they are indeed traveling the planet, we can find out what is on their collective mind. So if we get a visit coming up in short order, I didn't want to start. I didn't want to start a topic and then have to dump out. So like I said, when we're done, if our friends at Beyond goals nering join us at nine p thirty. Then we can catch up with them, and then at ten o'clock we can get into Emmanuel Latte Live. We can get into Cabral, get into the news, get into the numbers, get into the reports, because the reports are goofy. I mean, the numbers, frankly are all over the place, and I want to sort through them, and we'll go over who is sending out these reports because once again this year and every year, every window check your sources, check your sources, check your sources, because there's some weird numbers out there. And yeah, Ricky Yamal Emiliside did post a note saying goodbye to Cincinnati, so I saw that out there as well. So and you know, we keep an eye on all of the transfers because there have been some, and we see has made a transfer of one of their young players. And we'll go through all of the news and everything and get you ready for the weekend. But as kind of a coda on opening kickoff, I don't know if you saw this, Yesterda, I think it was yesterday, and I wanted to discuss it for a new round of stupidity down here and we have to recycle the clock. And it was in the a z Alkmar match and it was it was crazy. So you had in the az in the ozied Alkmaar match, and AzID Alkimore in the past has been fined fans tried to storm an area where west Ham fangs. You remember that in the Europa Conference League. They got fined sixty eight thousand for that one apparently in their matchup in Europa League. And I want to get I want to get the numbers of what happened in the matchup in odds Portal. It was crazy that you had rival fans dressed up as stud words to try to get into fights. I think legitimately this is the first time that I've seen something like this. Where in ozid Alkmore they advanced they're gonna play galatassa Ride and that's gonna be in a couple of weeks. But in the o zed Alkmore match, let me see if I can find who was Farrence Varas okay so ozed Alkmore and Farrence Varros. Let me see if I can spell ference Varros quickly, so Asy Oakmar Ference Varas four to three. It was nuts. It was absolutely crazy. They both make the Europa League. But it appears that Ference Varro's fans decided to dress up like stewards and try and get into fights Ference Varas and this is from our u. This is from posted reports. Farence Varas Ultras disguised themselves as stewarts to fight with the oz ed Alkmar fans security and this was in Budapest. They had secure and they had security in there for the first time in ten years. So Ference Varas stewarts ozid Alkmar fans. So that that's being and it was just nuts violence. But anyway, I think we might have hit a new level the stewards getting into the addressed as stewart's getting into fights with fans and the wording might be a little, you know, tongue in cheek, but it was intriguing, nevertheless to see ozid Alkmore and Farence Varas getting into it. Yesterday. If you've missed the if you've missed the morning Espresso, I would recommend that you catch up with that because it gets into the shorter, shorter news involving it at Land United News of the Day. Those kinds of things. We do have our new mats, by the way, in Europa League and in Champions League. I wanna get into the Champions League because this might take a little bit of time too. But Europa League asy out Mark, galatasar Porto and Roma, Fenerbach, Anderlech, Ferns Varros and Victoria Pilsen, Mitchell Andre Associate did Paluk, Slonka, FCSB, Royal Unjon and Iax and Twine and Bodo Glimped. That's gonna happen on the thirteenth of February. Champions League matchups. Yeah, man City and Madridigan who knew uh breston PSG And this is on the eleventh. The eleventh is gonna have all the matchups. Celtic and Bayern Munich Byron a big favorite already We're two weeks out. They're already favored at a minus two ninety four. Club Bruce in Atalanta, Atalanta favorite Fine Ordon Ac Milan Ac Milan favored a lot of road dogs, I mean a lot of road favorites. You've a at home favored against PSVA to minus one twenty. Manchester City actually favored it home at a plus one twenty nine. Considering form, Manchester City a plus one twenty nine. Re Real Madrid a plus one ninety. Your draw is a plus two sixty three. Monaco hosting Benfica a plus one twenty nine. Benfica is a dog there and Sporting hosting Dortmund at a plus one twenty. I don't know. Sporting at a plus one twenty hosting Dortmund at a plus two oh nine. Your draw is a plus two fifty nine. So that is your road that you're round of sixteen, your next sixteen teams going up against each other, and then they screwed it all up, because then from there you've got to have another drawing and figure out, okay, what's your path. You get nine through twenty four figuring it out, then they they reorganize the thing and it's like, well, we don't know who you're gonna play next. Basically is what they're doing. We're gonna we're gonna we're gonna juggle it up all over again, and then we're gonna let you know what it looks like. Could be Liverpool, could Bear, could be Leo, could be aston Villa one two seconds. Look just look just do it this way, bro, look Breston PSG and it's not and it's like literally it's the fifteen and the eighteen. It's not even the sixteen and the seventeen yet because we don't know. Just just line it up, absolutely, I know. And Madrid's a dog yeah on the road. That's literally ricky. You look at this and it's like Madrid a plus one ninety going to Manchester City draws a plus two sixty three. That one's sitting right there for everybody. But they still have to figure out who you're gonna play next breston Paris. You're fifteen eighteen, which really needs to be the You know, if it's the you need to just reseed this whole thing. It's like, all right, Liverpool or Barsa is gonna play Breast or pay or PSG. The seven or the eight is gonna play the nine or the twenty. The five or the six is gonna play the eleven versus the twenty two. It's gonna be either one or the other. Just line it up. Just line it up the winners in the nine through the twenty four. You reseed it. Lowest seed goes and plays the highest seed. It's not that hard. It's not that hard. People. I don't know. Maybe I'm thinking of logic and I'll bring in our next guest and and and find out about this whole logic thing. Kap it am I being illogical, just wanting logic. When it comes to the Champions League, it's like an either or you get a fit. You get fifteen of the eighteen, and they're gonna play either the one or the two. It's either you're gonna eat the mashed potatoes or you're gonna eat the green beans. It's not like, look, you're going right at the meat loaf. Am I wrong here? I don't know, John, I'm getting I'm getting one of those scanners headaches, just trying to figure out what the Champions League is trying to figure out.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, it seems like, you know, sometimes you just got to keep it simple.
Speaker 3: Just keep it simple, kiss, keep it simple, stupid exactly.
Speaker 5: I mean, then you go back to the basics a little bit here.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm saying, all right. So, and speaking of back to basics, you know, the Beatles had a lyric get back to where he once belonged, you know, talking heads, same as it ever was. Dude came into the airport last night. I don't know if you know this, but a dude came to the Atlanta airport last night and there were a lot of folks that were there to meet him. I don't know if you know this, gentleman, but his first name is Miguel and he's here in Atlanta. Have you had interactions with this woman in the past on any level? What can he bring to it? Landy United? Do you know this, gentleman?
Speaker 5: I think we all do. Yeah. I'm excited. It's gonna be Uh, it's gonna be exciting.
Speaker 4: It's exciting for the team obviously on the field, you know, bringing what he brings to the team, but I think just as important it's going to energize the fan base. And uh, you know, I know that there's been moments the past few years where things have you know, peaked up and the crowds have been good and stuff. But you know, I want to get.
Speaker 5: Back to that.
Speaker 4: Normal sellout crowds, you know, crazy atmosphere, even if it's a Wednesday night game.
Speaker 5: Hey, and Miguel is going to help bring that back.
Speaker 3: Uh. I have a question to to you, sir, And I don't know if you can, uh, if you can put any light on this. Uh. There was a picture posted to social media and the gentleman looked a lot like you, and you know, this could have been you. It could have been a doppelganger. It could have been someone masquerading, I don't know, someone maybe doing a late Halloween thing, and it was someone who looked a lot like you looking into a mirror. And you had a jersey that had a name on the back of this particular gentleman, how long did it take you to get that jersey? How how did were you allowed to order that from an MLS shop dot com like three weeks ago and you were being just prescient? Or did you hit the FedEx button on this one? How did how did you? How did you get your intel?
Speaker 5: Sir man?
Speaker 4: I'm old, but I'm not that old where I still have a hookup here and there. And so, you know, a package arrived in the mail and had a little special gift and I thought, you know what, I should probably share this with the world.
Speaker 3: A package just showed up on your doorstep. It's like, oh wow, look at this. I think I think maybe this will this this might be cool to wear. Okay, so the man got the hookup is basically what happened.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Okay, exactly, And to be honest, Sean, I'm not like a Jersey you know, snob. And when I put it on, I didn't even know it was in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Oh, because yeah, because it has like the it's the the black stripes go all the way up to the shoulder, the shoulder blade and everything like that. This not just cut off. It goes all the way up into the shoulder blade and the stripes this.
Speaker 4: Year, yeah, I mean I just saw the stripes and the name on the back and everything like that, and that's all I was focused on. And then I saw some of the comments about saying it was a Jersey league, and I was like.
Speaker 3: It is. I'm when I'm I'm the most excited to see how I mean, obviously, you know at the airport, he's literally signing every single autograph that was asked if him, and that's that's normally, that's his gregarious nature. But I am intrigued to see how different a player he is six years on. Yea, how what what the experience in the Premier League has given him internally and externally. We know that you can still shoot him out of a cannon and good luck catching him when he slams it into fifth gear. But but I'm interested in seeing how he has continued to evolve. I won't necessarily say mature, because he's still you know, running around like you know what. But I'm intrigued to see how thirty year old Miguel Almeron will be here in Atlanta with the game that he has evolved over the last six years.
Speaker 5: Totally yeah, same.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that we've all seen him play a little bit over in Europe and uh, you know, he looks he has looked the same as he did in Atlanta, you know, just rubbing and rubbing off tackles, just flying through people, running around, busy and dangerous, and.
Speaker 5: You know, I think that's what we expect.
Speaker 4: And uh, you know, don't think anybody really quite knows the formation that we're going to play. And you know, there's a lot of a lot of pieces now to the team, and you've got a lot of attacking options that it's going to be interesting to see how the gaff forgets everybody on the field and how he lines everyone up and what the responsibility is because Miguel had a lot of freedom under tap top, especially when we were playing in that three five to two esque. It was like a three six to one basically where Miguel could kind of roam and do as.
Speaker 5: He pleased and go wherever he wanted.
Speaker 4: And you know that suited him obviously really good defensively.
Speaker 5: You know, he did what he needed to do, and so yeah, it would be interesting to see how his game has evolved.
Speaker 4: And you know, does he do a little bit less running and you know he used his brain a little bit more.
Speaker 5: That's that's what tends to happen when you hit your thirties, right.
Speaker 4: But you know, I think on in counter attack situations and you know, on that turf, there's a there's nothing scarier than me running at you.
Speaker 5: So I'm excited to see that.
Speaker 3: Did he What was it like having him run at you? In practice?
Speaker 4: A nightmare because not only it's like, oh God, how am I going to keep up with this guy? But at the same time you're like, God, I don't want to follow him, follow him and hurt him.
Speaker 3: You know, So yeah, it was tough when it comes to and I want to I want to get this to the mentoring aspect of things, when when you have someone who comes into a situation and he's the new kid, it doesn't matter what you know, about and what you might know, what you might not know. Do you have conversations with your with your mentees about being the new kid at school, about being the new kid and what it's like to try and integrate and be a part of the team while still trying to learn on the field what you want and be a part of the whole vibe off the field. Do you have those conversations with your mentees.
Speaker 4: Oh, definitely on both sides of it, right, Because you've got the players that are a part of the team are welcoming in a new player, and then you've got the new player who's joining a new team, and so we talk about both of those aspects because they're both important, and everyone that plays any sport for a while will be in that situation on both ends at some point, and you know, and only then do you realize how difficult sometimes it can be to be the new person, depending on the environment that you're walking into and depending on who you are as a person.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It's it's for some guys, it's so easy because they're loud and open and so confident, and they just walk into any locker room and you feel like, Wow, this guy's been here forever, you know. But then there's other people who are you know, much more shy and quiet, and you know, how do they find their way? So yeah, we absolutely do. And to those types of you know, to the first type, it's pretty easy, right, we have to have to.
Speaker 5: Tell them like, hey, you know, know your role.
Speaker 4: You know, don't go stepping on anybody's toes in the first couple of days, even though you want to play with that confidence.
Speaker 5: But it's more of.
Speaker 4: The other players of like, okay, how can you find one player or two players that you can you can bond with and get to know and then slowly integrate yourself more into the team, not feeling like you have to be best friends with everyone on the team on day one, because that's that's daunting and it's challenging, you know. And then on the reverse side, right, how can you be a welcoming teammate because it makes a huge difference.
Speaker 5: It makes a huge difference.
Speaker 4: And you know, if you've got the confidence that you're going to be able to keep your place in the team and that this new player isn't going to kick you out of the starting lineup or anything, there's no reason why you shouldn't be welcoming to a new player.
Speaker 3: But then for the for the player who's coming into the situation, you don't want them to overcorrect. You don't want them to lose what got them into that situation that they're stepping into, because I would imagine at times there are there is the player who's coming in, it's like, yeah, I want to make the right first impression. I want to be the player, but at the same time, I don't want to step on any toes, and you know, I don't want to upset the chemistry that's already here. So I would anticipate that that's a that that's a delicate balance and trying to figure out figure out your plays, not not mess up what's there, and continued development. It's like three things working at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And to that, I would say, don't worry about stepping on toes out on the field.
Speaker 5: Right. You go out on the field and you do.
Speaker 4: Everything that's got you this opportunity and got you there, and you don't worry about anything else other than going out there and being you and playing as best as you can and as hard as you can and working as hard as you can.
Speaker 5: Right, it's more.
Speaker 4: Off the field of like, you know, being cognizant that you're the new player and helping out and having a good attitude and you know, not being so brash in the locker room and things like that, you know, settling in a little bit. But on the field, we definitely try and tell the players know, hey, have that confidence, go ahead, get in there. It's other players need to figure out who you are as a player, and you need to show them from the get go this is who you are, so you know, don't be timid, don't be shy, don't be afraid of like, oh, if I'm going to go take somebody one on one, yeah, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 5: And if they.
Speaker 4: Look silly, then that's on them and they need to get better, right. But you know, I'm going to go out there and I'm going to do me and that's okay. It's more off the field. I feel like where you can you can make more of an impact.
Speaker 3: How were you as the new kid in school?
Speaker 5: Quiet? Yeah, shy and quiet.
Speaker 4: So for me it was it's easy to talk to those players because I was one of them. You know, I saw the other people that were the other way and how they could integrate really easily. But for me, it was like, no, I'm going to chill out here on the side. I'm going to take everything in, you know, learn kind of the ropes a little bit, figure out who I want to buddy up with and who's a little bit more you know, like me and like minded, and you know, we'll go from there.
Speaker 3: Are your mentees more like you? Or are they more gregarious going into their new situations? From what you can remember off the top of your head.
Speaker 4: I'd say it's sixty forty more more open, more willing to put themselves out there and you know, not care or just have that confidence to go out there and you know, be them in any situation, which is good.
Speaker 3: Is that generationally different or is that just you know, part of what goes on on the field where you're going to have one of two personalities come out there. I didn't know if this particular generation or the mentees that you're dealing with are geared toward one direction over another, whether they they are more gregarious just naturally or they're more quiet naturally in the sixty forty mix, or is it just something that is more game state more than any thing else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, I think that I think athletes in general tend to be a little bit more confident than non athletes as far as like a in a school, And that's what I was kind of talking about. So obviously the mentees are all athletes, and so you know, I think maybe that tends to lead towards them being more confident going into certain situations. So it's kind of swayed a little bit based off of who we work with.
Speaker 3: What did you think of training camp when when training camp came up? In general? Were you excited about new seasons where you're like, oh man, it's training camp and we're going to go south, or we're going to tour, We're gonna What did you think of training camp when training camp popped up every year?
Speaker 5: Mostly excited.
Speaker 4: The only thing I wasn't excited about was fitness and fitness tests. Yeah, but no excited just to get going again and to get to know we know, the new group, you know, and.
Speaker 5: A fresh start.
Speaker 4: And I think that going away for training camp is really nice because you get to you get to bond with guys, and when you're in a hotel and you're away from home, you just bond with guys more differently than you do when you're just around them, you know, for five six hours at the training ground and then go home.
Speaker 5: So it's just different.
Speaker 4: When you're having your meals together and you're doing other things off the field together, you get to know each other a little bit better, and you know, I think that's important bonding for any team. So I always look forward to those things. And I liked getting away with the guys and you know, getting into nicer weather.
Speaker 3: So your mentees, I don't think they have training camps where they go to like IMG or anything like that. Most of the time, it might be ninety nine percent of your mentees are staying at home and they're with their teams, with their clubs, what have you. When they're going into these new environments, it's the first day of school, you know, first day of club. Do you have conversations with your mentees about pre season, about new environments, about new seasons and how to respond or do they or do you just let them do their thing and get more feedback coming back it's like, well, yeah, I've started with this new club and ABC D and E. Do you have information going in or do you get more information from them coming out when they're once they're in itself.
Speaker 4: When it comes to integrating, yeah, I think it depends on the situation of the player and if they are going to a new club, like you said, if if they're hanging out with their old club that they've been a part of for a long time, and what their situation is, and also how the previous fall went for them personally. Are they coming off a great fall and hey, let's keep that momentum going, or hey, this is a fresh start, right new season, let's recharge, let's set our goals and you know, go from there. So you know, definitely depending on if we've worked with them before, how they did last year, and you know, what their environment is that they're going into.
Speaker 5: So we're trying to take that all into account.
Speaker 3: So when you have a mentee, say that had a that had a great last season and they're coming off a great postseason, whatever that entails. You know, my my mentee had a great postseason, we'll put that we had a great last season, put that in quotes. And then you have a mentee that didn't have a good last season and they're going into a situation this year that either could be that you hope is you know, different more optimistic. How do you steer a men te coming out of a bad out of a bad vibe toward a new season and try to flip that vibe around. What are those conversations like, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the first message is the same to both players, Like what happened in the past does not guarantee the same for the future, right, both both good and bad. Right, we've got a We've got an opportunity to either continue that or to change it.
Speaker 5: And that is on us.
Speaker 4: And we have that onus, on us and that power to change things that happened. Right if we create good habits and we go out there and we have a good mindset and we put the effort and we want things to change or we want them to continue, and we don't get complacent. And so you know, I think that goal setting is a big one for players that have gone through a down period and setting smaller goals, right, how do we Yeah, of course, your goal might be to start for a team. Right, maybe you came off with a terrible season, you didn't play that much, Right, I want to be a starter. Well that's great, but what are you going to do to become a starter?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: How do we have these small little goals so that each week you're saying, hey, I did these five things this week to get myself in a better place, to become a starter. And you know, that's what we try and really focus on, is like, Okay, control what you can control, put yourself in a good situation, continue to develop, and everything else will take care of itself.
Speaker 3: How hard is it to convince a men t about controlling the controllables? Because that has been an underlying thing with you and Greg ever since I think day one and all of our conversations here on Fridays. You know, I would think that mentees and that particular age group, in that particular demo, it's all about the instant gratification, the instant results. If something didn't happen, it's an extreme. It's either I did really great and the world is fantastic, or I had a bad day and everything stinks. How do you How difficult is it to have a mentee focus and understand the control the controllable's message these days?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always a challenge, I mean, and it's not just for young mentees, right, I think for all of us, it's right.
Speaker 5: We all stress sometimes about things that we can't control.
Speaker 4: You know, we're stress about what the weather is going to be like and how that's going to affect plans or you know this, that or the other thing.
Speaker 5: Right, we all do it.
Speaker 4: So it's challenging, and you know, I think that's the more that we're able to help them just focus on one or two things and slowly change that habit and the mindset of what are we thinking about on the way to a game and what aren't we thinking about or on the way to training. Right, I think that that can help, and so then we start to get the buy in a little bit.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 4: It's not a hey, this is what you should do, so go out there and do it, and great, Right, it's a constant challenge.
Speaker 3: How much how do you know you look at the adjustments that you have to make with mentees on a year and year a basis, how many adults do you have to have conversations with about controlling the controllables? Because I'm to your point, you're like, yeah, the weather impacted our plans and we couldn't do this, or we're snowed in, what do we do with the kids in the backyard, or you know, what do we do to keep them busy? Oh? No, the power is out. We're really in trouble. Now. How are we going to navigate these kind of things? Do you have conversations with parents or adults in general about controlling the controllables?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my wife really appreciates those conversations.
Speaker 3: Can you please control the controllables here? Fifteen minutes? Is that a controllable? What are we controlling here with?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: But everybody's running around, everybody's in the backyard dinners in fifteen but we're halfway through fifteen minutes. It's control the controllables. Yeah, I could. I could see those conversations with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but probably not as many as we should with some parents, you know, some of them here the things that we talk about with the mentees. So hopefully it gets through a little bit, but you know, not as much. And honestly, I found John that the more we've we've done things, the more parents are not involved in the sessions. And I think that's mostly a benefit, which I'm pleased about.
Speaker 5: Even younger players.
Speaker 4: We'll work with a ten or eleven year old and parent is like, you know, get some set up in front of the screen, okay, I'll let you guys do your thing. So it's actually rare, more rare that the parent sits there and listens and is part of the conversation. Oh you just had a hat fall behind you.
Speaker 3: WHOA, no, no, no, we can't have that.
Speaker 5: Yeah on the left side.
Speaker 3: Oh there it is, Okay, I'll pick it up on the shows over.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean, not as many conversations as we probably could and should with the adults.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I get the idea of having an adult, you know, let the kid you know, have the session with you and the parent, thinking that it's about on the field stuff or whatever. You know, it's like mentoring and that, and it's only part of the equation. I mean, I'm trying to have you ever thought about just saying hey, okay, I need to have it. It's like, you're cool this week, I want to talk to your parents, or having separate mentoring sessions, but not necessarily call it that I want to mentor a parent. No. I mean, but have you thought about having separate conversations just as the sides with parents or anything like that, just kind of pull them off and sit there and go okay, hey, here's what's going on. Here's what I think I'm seeing from you. Tell me if I'm wrong kind of a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good shout, John, because I don't think that we do that enough. I think every now and then, and it's usually only if it's something big or if the parent asks, you know, in an email or something, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 5: How's it going type thing?
Speaker 4: But we probably should honestly do it more often.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I guess it's a time factor and it's a we don't want to use up a session. You know that could be with the kid with the parent, but we need to figure that out.
Speaker 5: That's a good show because I do.
Speaker 4: Think that we could provide more information back to the parents so that they're getting it as well. It can stay on top of some of the things that we we.
Speaker 5: Do at the airport.
Speaker 4: At the airport, I just was reading what Barbote, what we do in the sessions.
Speaker 3: You had sessions at the airport. Yeah, I mean, well, well but you but to your point, and I wasn't even necessarily thinking like during session time in general, because there are parents and we've had these talks in the past, you and Greg and I have had these talks where the parent is adding to the issues and not contributing to the solutions. And that's kind of where I was like, well, how do you how do you pull a parent aside, be diplomatic about it and have them and have them understand Okay, I'm seeing this from the outside. I'd like for you to look at this from the inside and see if we together can help move everything forward into a positive and then try not to sound like a jerk about it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did have one interaction with the family recently, and because the dad wrote an email saying like, oh, I sent you these videos and son said, you guys didn't watch him.
Speaker 5: Well, the dad had prefaced it that the kid didn't play well. I watched some of the videos. The kid didn't play terrible, we didn't play great.
Speaker 4: So we talked about some of it a little bit, and I didn't feel like it was necessary to, like, you know, show them all the bad clips and you know, go from that, especially when we're dealing with confidence issues. Yeah, to which the dad wasn't thrilled about and let me know about it. So, yeah, I had a email exchange with him, letting him know about Hey, this is how I work and this is what I see and uh, you know, I didn't say the kid was asking. The kid asked me, yeah, what video? What game were you talking about? And the mom from the background was like, the game you sucked in?
Speaker 5: Wow, So wo geez, poor kid.
Speaker 4: The kid laughed so well that obviously talked about it, and that's defense.
Speaker 3: I think that's a defense mechanism, or at least it was for me in the past when someone, you know, when your parent, yeah, am on you a little bit, you laughed to laugh it off as a bit of a defense mechanism. But that's got a sting man.
Speaker 4: So I definitely wasn't going to show the video after that and talk about it and kind of pound it in. So we talked about it, you know, just in general, when you're playing well, when you're not playing well, and things like that. So yeah, that's definitely a situation where it's like, Okay, you know, there's there's things going on here that you know, hopefully can change in the broader picture and not just with the athlete.
Speaker 3: Another couple of minutes there with Michael Parker is that MF. Parkers on the two hundred and eighty character app at bg Mentoring, Beyond Goals Mintoring, and Beyond Goalsminnering dot Com where they're getting into video and they're doing all kinds of different things here as we get into twenty twenty five, and I'm looking forward to seeing how things continue to evolve as how old is How old is BGM now? Three?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It's over three? Ok? Yeah too.
Speaker 4: We started two and a half years, okay, two and a half years, and we got we got a brand new challenge coming out maybe today, maybe.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow, I don't even know, it might be today.
Speaker 4: So we were talking about, you know, goals for the new year and resolutions and things, and then that's hard seventy five thing became really popular online enough.
Speaker 5: You're aware of it. But it's a challenge. Basically.
Speaker 4: We've got different categories, and you know, within each category you need to like drink a certain amount and get a certain amount of cet. You need to do Yeah, good luck on that. I'd fail work out for X amount of time whatever. So we're putting together one for youth athletes where it's like, okay, here are some different categories and here's some options within each category, so you make the challenge about you, right, do you drink zero water right now? And your goals to literally drink one glass of water each day? Or are you pretty good with hydration and you want to drink you know, half your body weight announces, which I guess is what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: So we've got different little categories and selections within each one, and it's it's just something to do for thirty days, so that we that we are setting a small little goal a challenge each week that hey, can we do it? Can you do it together? And so something for them to hopefully challenge themselves with, push themselves a little bit and just get used to having a small goal that we feel like, Okay, we're getting better each week.
Speaker 3: So basically, what you're telling me is that I'm supposed to drink somewhere in the neighborhood of three leaders of water a day.
Speaker 5: That's what science says, John, not me.
Speaker 3: You know, just I mean, hey, just checking, man, you just like half half your body weight, you know, half your bodyweight announces. And so I'm sitting here going, okay, this morning, I wait in at this So that means, damn, that's a lot of water.
Speaker 4: I know, That's what I think too, because I'm like, how many ounces just grab just grab like the big two leader at the wild Wire or something, and just bring it to the house.
Speaker 3: Uh, Bart, I think the reason that Cap wasn't at the airport last night because he's in Columbus, Ohio. That might be a little counterintuitive unless you know it has a private jet, unless you're unless you're a PJ flyer and you just hop into the airport, that'd be nice and hop on a PJ and come down to see somebody signing things at Hartsfield. So obviously, my guess is you were probably invited to the the housewarming party when they get settled here in town. I know that there's a thing at three o'clock this afternoon, and it's going to be in a press conference setting. Are you gonna PJ fly down for that at three o'clock? You're going to welcoming back. We're in your jersey.
Speaker 4: No PJ in for me. The only PJ and I'm doing is.
Speaker 5: The clothing smart man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that starts early on a Friday around here. We call it par curs sweatpant time. And you know on a Friday that's definitely around actually we're speaking to a high school Greg and I later today at three thirty I think, so PJ Time is going to start a little bit later.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well, as always, my friend, it's a great decay up with you. Find out the latest about what's going on beyond goals entering and the Friday free kick and the signing of some dude that that you've got his jersey and you you you, but you kit leaked and you signed you got to you got him, got to get him to sign the jersey.
Speaker 5: Now I'm going to give it away soon.
Speaker 3: Breaking news.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give that away here probably nice Yeah, within the next week or two.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we'll figure that out. As always, my friend, great to see you, and uh, just be safe, have fun and enjoy the U the the p p J T Parker's PJ Time after the minute later this afternoon. Be good, my friend. We'll see us soon. All right, There goes Parking and uh, you know cap cap ain't messed around. Speaking of caps, actually, let me fix before we get into Ammanue Latte lot, let me find out what the hell happened here? Uh was it two of you? It was Gerondine Bordeaux. Yeah, my my Bordeaux hats fell remember when we were Yeah, and they go right there, and that's not going to happen until after the show is over. So two boards fell. We got to fix that, all right. Our number two and uh, as always, thanks for dropping by. We're gonna give a bit of a preview with Birmingham as we go here later in our number two. But let's get into the Emmanuel Latte Loth deal, and I mean that both figuratively and literally, where we're talking about everything going on involving the transfers. Now Ricky mentioned it in the uh in the twitch pitch early this morning. Actually tell you what I can we say, hid everybody first before we get into the news, and we'll find out what's going on with uh with everybody this morning. Okay, So morning Derek, morning, Ricky, Morning, Emilia, Ricky fan base is crazy. I love it, no doubt, Morning Abby, morning four card, and thank you for reminding me about updating the dates and things. Uh, yeah, we'll get into Burgh. It would definitely we'll get into Burah fore Card Ricky mentioning cabral west Ham allegedly we'll get into that. Michael is like, are we bidding against ourselves in this ELLL deal? I think we kind of stood firm at the number, and it's I think that you're bidding against the agent. Like I said, we'll get into the details of this and we'll walk down each lane of traffic here coming up in a bit. But I think that four card is on it. I think it is keeping an eye on the agent, and so we'll walk through all of that stuff. So Morning, Alex Nicky presser is at three and it is in the press conference room, so I don't know. There definitely would not be any room for anybody to go, you know, you know, and go and be in the stands or anything like that. So it's not on the field. It's in the one of the press conference rooms. So let's see morning four card. Yeah, Greg, alluding to last week when he was with us, it might be other dudes coming back. Ricky needs more hints and mentioned youd let's see, uh yeah, you know, Patrick Parky's post did break the internet is a Jersey leak that he didn't know was a Jersey leak. But he's got people will yes, Emilio, morning to y'all. Yeah, that's more stuff about the Agent and morning bart Abbey, I don't know why Mountain Dew's not on the list and Ropes. I'm with you. I just kind of have it here to have it here, you know, it's just kind of like here is a part of the It's like a set prop at time. So okay, morning to everybody, and thanks for dropping in as you always do. Uh now, so here's your updates on your things. Now. Ricky had mentioned Arthur Cabral, and right now it looks like and like I said, here's what the reports are saying. It looks like Cabral. And this is multiple, this is multiple folks networks in Portugal and newspapers. Cabral looks like he is linked to west Ham at eighteen plus two. Looks like it's eighteen plus two according to Record in Portugal, and they're one of the newspapers. And they've got four hundred and twenty one thousand followers on the two hundred and eighty character app if you want to look at it that way. So you're looking at eighteen plus two for Cabral. A lac Lee has gone another direction. They went to Glenn Kamara. So Kamara out heading one direction and so the pivot. Now you have the rumor with the Cabral in West Ham at eighteen plus two. So mirror and everybody is sitting there and staring and go on, Okay, that's what the that's what you're looking at. So the mirror is saying fifteen plus two plus add ons and you have others looking at eighteen plus two. Olie Watkins has told you Ni Emory he wants to stay at Asston Villa forty million bid. Emory, fresh from offloading Jean Dern from al Noos for seventy seven and a half million pounds, has confirmed that Emory is not coming united looking at Giovanni Kenda. We've talked about him and our conversations that we've had involving our buddy Nino Torres and the Portuguese League and Rubert Amerim and everybody. So you're looking at eighteen plus two or fifteen plus add ons right now, depending on who you're talking about. By the way, Jiago Almada has a new head coach, it's Palo Fonseca. That was announced this morning as well. So depending on what you're looking at, eighteen plus two and a lot of folks are going back to the report from Record in the Record newspaper in Portugal eighteen plus two. Some folks are saying fifteen so Cabral, and once again remember what our budding Nino Torres said about Cabral yesterday that he ain't too keen on him. But the number for Cabral to west Ham is anywhere from fifteen plus to eighteen plus two. So that's what you're looking at with Cabral. So Ricky being the intrepid producer, Emil Asid wasting no time going to Cuyaba in Brazil, so that's out there as well. This morning the Emial Aside sweepstakes, so the meal Aside to Cuyaba this morning. But so right now through December of twenty six, so it looks like it's a year and a half deal for Assad now with everything that we have talked about involving Cabral and Emmanuel Lattels, here is where we are morning, Badger, no movement, but that's where we are. That's where we are right now. Your timing is impeccable. There are reports out there and they're all over the place. I have seen anything from twenty plus two to twenty plus eight. That's what I'm saying twenty plus two to twenty plus eight. The twenty plus eight one to me is an outlier, and it is someone who has followers who is tied to someone who has a lot more followers, if that makes any sense. The number that we've been looking at is eighteen plus two. So let's look at the Let's look at the characters here in the play and kind of look at things. So let's start off with our friend at tees Side Live. We'll start with our friends at Tea Sidelve and our buddy Craig Johns who Pop who wrote an op ed for our friends at the Gazette. Craig's been very very busy. Headline Emmanuel latte Lots sale is a risk Middlesbrough simply have to take. With Striker close to exit. Craig is the Middlesbrough beat writer for tees Side Live. Here's what Craig wrote this morning and it was an op ed for those of you that missed it. Emmanuel and I'm gonna paraphrase and dip through some sentences. Latte Lot appears on the verge of a Middlesbrough exit on Thursday and agreement was finally reached with MLS side Atlanta and I died for the sale of Buristar Striker, having already completed his medical there aren't any expected hiccups to stop the transfer now taking place. A twenty two and a half million pounds sale represents a record fee received for Burrough, what they got for a Domitrio Ray to Wolves seize the club, turn over a huge profit on the ivory and who was bought for a little over four million pounds just eighteen months ago. John's continues make no mistake, though It's a risk, a big one, you might say, giving them what's potentially at stakes, selling your top score mid season while locked in an intense battle to reach the playoffs for a shot at promotion to the Premier League. With twenty nine goal since his arrival from Atalanta, replacing Latte Lost is not going to be easy, but quite simply though, it's a risk that Burrow simply have to take. Ultimately, that's the model, and that is dictated by the cruel financial landscape that is the Championship. Signing players like Latte Loss, developing them into better players to make profit is ultimately part of the plan to get Burrough's finances back on track and he mentions Brentford and Brighton. At the start of the month John's continues, Burrough released their financial accounts which covered the period through last season. They highlighted the importance of player trading and the fact that money brought in on players' sales will be invested back into the squad. The club made an overall operating loss of over twelve million pounds over the year long period, over a million pounds a month. Let that sink in The accounts showed the club made nineteen million pounds on player sales, and despite projected losses and the fact that Steve Gibson put in a further thirteen million pounds to ensure the deficit wasn't even bigger, then they spent eighteen million pounds on buying players. Within that eighteen was the money they spent on bringing Latte Lot to the club. Fast forward to this season. Such financial information won't be available until next year, but what we can safely predict is that without this Latte lost sale, Burrow were highly in the red. Without any major sales in the summer, they continued investment in the squad with big purchases such as Aiden Morrison, Tommy Conway this month, as well as bringing Ryan Giles back on loan, adding Mark Travers until the end of the season, turning George Edmondson's loan into a permanent switch. They've also splashed in initial five million pounds on signing Morgan Whittaker. It's not complicated maths to work out that a twenty two and a half million pound offer just cannot be turned down. MLS is an ever growing league. He's about during life changing money which he cannot be begrudged for. To his credit, throughout the whole SAGI, he's never wants down tools or not given us everything for the borough cause. Alas at his age and with recent achievements in MLS, move feels underwhelming to say the least. Disagree Craig Jones. That's ultimately not Burrough's concern, though their focus quickly turns on an adequate replacement. Without one, Burrough's massive investment in their squad could be for nothing in the short term at least. Okay, So that is what Johns wrote this morning for The Gazette and tees sidelve. So because of this, I would say that Middlesbrough wants the sale knowing their finances or lack thereof, Middlesbrough wants this sale to go through. When you've got twenty two and a half million pounds staring you in the face and you have the operating deficit and challenges that Middlesbrough have, Middlesbrough's gonna sit there and go bruh sign we love you butt morning, Harry. So in this I would say that Middlesbrough is not the issue. Middlesbrough sees twenty two and a half million slid across the table by Craig Henderson and Garth Logerway, they're like, ooh, this could really help us out. Atlanta looks at Emmanuel Latte Loth. They've got a figure that they've kind of stuck to eighteen plus two, you know, twenty two twenty to twenty two and a half. That's the range that we've seen euros to pounds and things like that. And once again, you know, Atlanta United is not just in this one lane of traffic. We don't know what, we don't know, but the European window only has four days left. The Saudi window actually closes today just for reference sake, So four days left in this window expect everything to be chaotic over the weekend. Keep an eye on who plays and who doesn't. Atlanta United has sat there and said, hey, look when they've stood fast with that number eighteen plus two reported on this side of the Atlantic. You know eighteen plus two, you know twenty two and a half, we're all right in there. So if Atlanta United, while they're trying to look at other folks, and they might have to look at other folks quickly, if they're not already scouting other folks because of the issues that have been going on, and you could tell they've been looking at because they've been linked with other players. But they may have to boogey on a deal in the European market over the next four days with everyone that they're looking at and Emmanuel Latte Love they've got a boogie on all of these things. And keep an eye on over the next four days. I imagine that over the next four days, Chris Henderson, Garth Lockerway, and the front office that at Lanty United are not going to be getting a whole lot of sleep this afternoon. Do not be surprised if video comes out of this press conference and you see a lot of dark circles under the eyes of Craig Henderson and Garth Lockerway and anybody from the front office. So that lends us to the agent. And this is where I am leaning in this discussion about the issue in getting this over the finish line. For whatever reason, our friends at MP MP Management, they don't think that's enough. They don't then this would have to be a conversation had with a particular with a particular agent attached to a particular a particular player. What's the issue here, what's the problem. So the agent hanging out for a Premier League deal, you know, bruh, what's going on? And if you look at his you literally, if you look at the agent's instagram, he's in Italy. Everything and everything that we have seen news wise involving Emmanuel Lattels has been coming from Italian sources to start off with, from Italian million sources. So it's just it's been looking looking at this, looking at this agent. And now you have fans who are attached to Middlesbrough who are looking at Mattias ven Rosso at MP and it's like, bruh, what's going on? So I'm leaning toward the agency here being the issue. I know that we have seen reports about Latte life and his interest in you know, generational money and all these kinds of things, all these separate things we've talked about. I don't think it's the player. It's definitely not the club. And Atlanta United has been at the table kind of sitting and going all right here. It's so I'm leaning toward the agency being the issue. We have a club that needs the money and they've invested, and they've had dudes, you know, come in and throw more money into the issues in the Championship. Like I said, at Landa Knight has been at the table. That's one lane. They're interested. Middlesbrough needs the money. Middlesbroough sees twenty two and a half million or twenty to twenty two and a half million. They're like, ooh, after investing four to get him from Atlanta, that's a big turn on investment. Player seemingly interested. That's lane three. So that leaves the agency. That leaves MP Management as the folks who are the agency for Manuel Latte La that are quickly having patients lost from everybody and anybody attached to Middlesbrough. So and Michael mentions the agent works for the player. Agent needs to get this done and convince. And if it is lane five where the agent works for the player, I mean this has been a meteoric rise in fee for Emmanuel la Telt. Like I said, we have mentioned before and we'll mention again. MP management has two players of market value according to transfermarked that are above one million pounds or one million euro. One is Nicola Savona, a twenty one year old right back who plays for Youve. The other is Emmanuel latae lat because of his time at at Atalanta moved to Middlesbrough. So so you're you're looking at all of these things that have been pieced together in all of these different lanes of traffic. Something is holding this up. Something is holding this up, something someone what have you. So that's what you're staring at with all of these things. So all these different lanes of traffic. I figured I would present the evidence, but like I said, my I'm leaning toward the agency here trying to get that Premier League deal. Why Middlesbrough would not be interested in selling considering their financial situation is beyond me. That has been that has been out There is an idea, but trying to get that Premier League deal for your client, and you're not even in England to do it. You're you're in Italy. Your client is in England, playing in England, and you are in Italy supposedly taking offers and listening to folks. So that's where we are in all of this. A couple of days left, so we'll see where we are. But I think at three o'clock this afternoon and beyond you look at Chris Henderson, you look at Garth loger Way, and you'll see a lot of circles under their eyes. Yeah, Micky's yeah, and Michael and Michael to your point. Yes, So Michael's point, Miggy has an agent. Miggy wanted to come to Atlanta United. Micky's here. And it was also a situation where Newcastle was like, go find a home, and so it's like if you find a home, al Maron's like in Atlanta is interested? Okay, So Newcastle has Miguel Almroon on the outs call online one Atlanta United. Hey, Miggy would you like to come back? Okay? Yeah, sure, we'll figure it out. You're not seeing any of that, Yeah, we'll figure it out From mp and Middlesbrough trying to figure something out. I'm sure Middlesbrough. I'm sure Middlesbrough wants a deal done. But we have seen reports that have been off the rails. Today at twenty plus eight I have never seen in my life and almost fifty percent add on for anything anything. So Michael Kerrick within the last half hour has had his press conference quoting him getting ready. Emmanuel Latte Loth came off injured last week. We're seeing how quickly he's going to be fit. Until there's anything to report, we'll work with the players and prepare for the next game. There's always a plan surrounding the balance of the squad. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes to come out of the transfer window in a good place. That's Michael Carrick as of about twenty five minutes ago. So that's what you're staring at, involving Emmanuel Latte lot So keep an eye on all of this, Like I said, keep an eye on all of this, all right. That's where we are anyway, Okay, So eighteen plus two, eighteen plus seven, that's all over the place and spinning plates. Let me see what Northern Echo has to say really quickly dominic Shaw. Two hours ago, Latte Lot set to complete his twenty two and a half million pound move to Atlanta United, signing a striker of the obvious priority. Ro's recruitment team are calm and confident. Three to four potential targets still very much alive. Strelitch was the one from a slow and Broadislava I think was the one that was linked Burrow having carried out extensive groundwork reports of the weekend. Strelitch has been keen on the move. Cameron Archer not on their radar from Leeds, so Northern Echo is leaning into the twenty two and a half million pound deal. Twenty two and a half million seems to be the number, but the weird one when you said twenty plus eight. So Burrow says yes, and this is so Burrow says yes. The player and the agent, you know, is it a situation where the player and the agent are sad that it's not a move to the prem considering you're coming from Syria to the Championship now, is it? Latte Lots saying yes, and the agent wanting more of a piece of the check since it's not the Premier League. And we try to figure out what the options are going forward. But I saw this morning Luca Bendoni was the one that was the one that was off the rails. So Luca Bendoni, who has ties to the Janluca de Marcio plan, had seventeen million fixed eight million in add on late lot yet to approve the transfer parties waiting for his decision. Ten percent of borrow capital gains from this deal go to at Atalanta. So and this goes from Tommy Scoops and Nysark Kinsella. But literally, I have never seen I have never seen a contract offer that had basically fifty percent markup on add ons. I've never seen that before. So the Bendoni report, and that's what I'll use. I'll use it as a report. So look a Bendoni reporting seventeen plus eight in pounds. Like I said, I've never seen twenty five and eight of it being add ons. I've never seen that before. So keeping your eye on twenty to twenty two and a half. This twenty five with eight million add ons from Bendoni is out there off to the edges of the Bell curve. So hold that kind of like we do. The three in the four letter paper. So that's what you're looking at At the moment. I'm still leaning into the the agent, the agent that is trying to do things from Italy with a player who used to play in Italy who's now playing in England in the Championship. So anyway, like I said, that's me, That's what I'm That's what i'm That's what I'm thinking here. Keep an eye on the age in all of those. But the agent is as detached as you could be one end of Europe to the other, doesn't seem I mean, yes, I know we can do things electronically, and I know we can do things a bunch of different ways these days. But the fact that he's not in England with his client trying to get things done. Who knows. But this would be the home run shot for MP, considering that the twenty eight other clients have a value of twenty three million euro when it comes to MP management. So all right, Atlanta United Birmingham, let me start here. Yeah, the agency and is gonna end up shooting themselves in the foot. Like I said, two players above one million euro in value. One of them is Emmanuel Latte Lot the others are right back at Uvean. Well, no, I mean a lot of cash for someone basically currently on the IR Like I said, we don't know the seriousness of the injury, but he had his medical done apparently overseas, and well, like I said, we don't know the seriousness of the injury, but you would also if it Landa United were concerned, they would have pulled out and you would know it. They would have pulled out of this deal. I think if it land United were concerned, then they would have pulled out. Remember that while Middlesbrough is in season at Landa United still has another couple of weeks. So even if there was a concern about treating Latte Lot, if he were to come in treat him lightly on the side, he's still got a couple of weeks. If it's not a concern, it's not a concern, and we would know that it's a concern by no longer being interested in the deal. Once again, you've got until February third. Big Ben goes at midnight local time February third. Everything's over, So there's going to be a rush this weekend. We'll get into all the news and notes and who's moved and who's looking at as we go now that Land United Birmingham. I want to know what's on your mind when it comes to this match other than everybody healthy. There was a conversation that was had among Jason, Maddie and myself self after the match in Chattanooga, and Jason asked what he was looking for. He asked me and Maddie what we were looking for coming forward for this matchup in Birmingham. And this is the adjustment that I have to make to make sure that you guys can hear it is that I have to move my head set so I don't blow out my own ears. So here is the conversation. Jason asked, Okay, what are you looking forward to? What are you anticipating? What would you like to see with the matchup in Birmingham for at Land United Birmingham Legion. Here is that conversation that we had courtesy of the full Time Report off the Woodwork podcast at ninety two nine in the game of the post game show after the matchup in Chattanooga. So here's what we were anticipating, what we'd like to see coming up tomorrow.
Speaker 7: I asked Mike, I'll ask you guys and we'll start with you, John, What do you want to see.
Speaker 5: Be better next week?
Speaker 7: One thing that you want to see improved from right now to Birmingham next Saturday.
Speaker 3: Not as much backpassing, not being afraid to engage in the play and go forward, because it seemed like there were times where Okay, I think we need to preserve possession, so I'm going to pass it backward and go all the way all the way back to brad At times we saw that as a part of an outlet to preserve possession. Go ahead and go ahead and go forward and see what you can do when it comes to what you're trying to learn with this system from Ronnie Dallas. So for me, it's advancing play and moving forward instead of going for that back pass and necessarily being and I'm going to go ahead and use air quotes, being safe with your activity.
Speaker 7: That's the step forward and what we were talking about with build up from doing the drill and getting the understanding to executing it and getting out of your defensive half, out of the build up phase into getting forward.
Speaker 5: Maddie, what about you?
Speaker 8: I think mine would be kind of pigging back off of that, but to me it would be. I felt like there were a couple of moments, especially in the place, just getting closer to goal, getting into the box and trying to get a shot. It almost felt like it was too many touches, almost like it was and you see the opportunity, you take it and see what happens.
Speaker 3: You want you want folks to be a little more unselfish, a little bit more selfish.
Speaker 8: I would agree there were a couple of moments where you know, Luke Brennan had a great opportunity but instead took a couple extra steps to then try the cross in. But I felt like he had a good opportunity to maybe just bring it inside and maybe trying a shot himself. I thought there were a couple of moments. But I mean to me as well, I think it's about building a little bit more of that trust. And I think that's something that they talked about this week, especially on Tuesday and Thursday. I think you're seeing the blueprints of it. You see a lot of those combinations that we did see and how the trust is there. I mean you see it too. With a lot of the guys from the twos, they play together a lot, they already have that trust. They have that bond there a lot of guys from the first team they've played together a little bit, Cleish and Jay they've played together all season long, so they have that connection. I think it's now just about building on top of that and getting a little bit more of that trust from everyone around you, and being comfortable and trying to connect and not being afraid to maybe take it yourself, maybe picking out a couple opportunities where hey, you know what, maybe the right opportunities for me to pass it up to Saba on the right and then we go. It's I think picking your moments and then also knowing when I need to step back and be like, hey, I need to make this extra pass to go. I felt like it was a little bit of inconsistent sometimes and a little bit of like almost trying to do a little too much to try a pass that.
Speaker 3: This is what happens when you're trying to do multiple things. So Jared, that was post game with Atlanta United and Chattanooga with me and Maddy and Jason about what we want to see in Birmingham. But let me go back. We've been kind of breaking down each lane of traffic involving Lte Lot and Landa United Middlesbrough. We went over Middlesbrough's finances, win the op ed piece from Craig John's This Morning over at the Gazette. Then it's Agent Latte Lot and anybody else that they're chasing after knowing it. Land United is over in lane five at the same time that they're in lanes one through four. Where are you right now when it comes to trying to get this particular striker, this particular individual and get this line, this over the line to have this pickup for the five stripes here with Emmanuel Lattels, Where are you mentally get it done? Damn it, get it.
Speaker 6: Done or find something else?
Speaker 3: Oh so you're an issue? Get off the pot mode?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's dragged on for so long and it feels like, yeah, man, it just feels like it feels like it being dragged out intentionally by possibly multiple parties. You know, you're you're waiting, you will You're you're like you're waiting for everything to come to fruition in terms of other offers coming in, which sounds like west Ham will be one of them because apparently they're on cabral So everything is just connected in its own little weird way, but like no one else is really making a move right now, and maybe they run this up to the eleventh hour. They're trying to get as much money as possibly can out of it. I don't know he I guess my thinking on this personally is that he's still twenty six years old.
Speaker 3: I think a lot a lot. Let me check, I think he's twenty seven. But yeah, that multipart.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so maybe he goes like this is his shot to make it to the top flight in a top five league, and that if it doesn't hit, then it doesn't hit. The problem is now, if you don't hit on this.
Speaker 3: You're right January first, ninety nine, so turned twenty. You just turned twenty six, turned twenty six.
Speaker 6: The thing is, man, like, if you miss on this, like, let's say they don't get this deal done for whatever reason, it falls apart and you don't do anything. Man, it's ye, especially with the injury.
Speaker 3: He just picked up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like, there's no guarantee you're gonna get, no guarantee you're gonna hit that number again. And especially imagine a Middlesbrough doesn't get.
Speaker 3: Promoted, right, they brought people in MM hmm.
Speaker 6: If they don't take this money, it feels like it's risky, like to turn down. I know, the last report was like eighteen million pounds. The totals have fluctuated and then some people This is the inconsistency of the world because some people report the total and some people report the total guaranteed and then the escalators and incentives separately. This is a similar issue. We have every support here. I mean, we had this with in the NFL at the time that it was worth four hundred million, like, well, yes it was. If he hits every single possible thing. Like the Kirk Cousins deal, it was really easy to.
Speaker 3: Delineate what was what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it was really easy to It's really easy to to like screw around with it, you know. So I'm trying to get the way to put the system. It's really easy to screw around with the numbers and to make them say whatever you want them to say. It's kind of the livest damn lives.
Speaker 5: Kind of thing.
Speaker 6: I just I want the deal gone. That's where I'm at.
Speaker 3: With it the end. Yeah. So, coming in to.
Speaker 6: Bart's question, No, I liked t A as a backup player, A big fan of Jamal Tira. Jamal Tierra has not shown me that he can stay healthy, yep, and stay on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like.
Speaker 6: Could not. That's not even trying to be mean man.
Speaker 3: That is no, that's none. That's the number.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he has not shown you that he can stay on the field, and that is not a reliable player when he is out there. Can he ratchet goals? Absolutely? He cannot stay on the field right now.
Speaker 3: And you you're looking at that particular position right now as Jamal Tagashi son and the nine that you're trying to chase, and if you have Maggie, if so, if you have say Maggie, you're nine that you're chasing and Saba and you know that Saba and Miggie are going to do their thing and they're just gonna like float and go free or what have you. In theory, then you've got your midfield of click Slish, Fortune, midn Chuk and whomever else wants to dive into that pile, and your back line of of Hawkeye and uh Derek Williams and Noah Cobb and Epha Morales fighting for minutes, Matthew Edwards fighting for minutes, UH Stean Gregorson and Ronald Hernandez. I mean you look at that attack, that nine. You get that nine in place, and you're going to be the anticipation is that there's going to be a lot of goals scored with that front, at that front seven at the very least.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah. I guess my thing is is this continues to drag on, Like why have you got Maga across the line? At least came into your port last night? Did the whole thing You've been negotiating with them? Though you didn't pull the plug on this right, you didn't pull the plug on Cabral, So somewhere along the line you must have believed that you can get one of these deals across the line. Something has led you to believe that this is doable. If it doesn't get done, I look forward to finding out where it broke down. Was it the agent, was it the player? It sounds like it wasn't Middlesbrough because I up until this week, I would have thought Middlesbrough could have sat on it to try and rash up interest. But now like as of this weekly, especially the second half of this week, they can't afford to wait. No windows closing.
Speaker 3: Four days four days with the European window.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then MLS kicks open yep. Still really dumb to me, Like, I don't know why we don't shame the MLS window. Well, I don't know why our window technically, uh, our window doesn't sync up better, just because it puts some of the European clubs in a weird spot, and an understandably weird spot where they're like, I don't want to sell because now I can't after the third I can't bring anyone in right. Middlesbrough up until this week, you would have made sense for them to sit on it to try and get a Premier League team or three involved, but it doesn't look like that's happening. So they got to if if they're gonna sell, if they think he's gonna go, they got to move now. But if he and the agent sit on it, everyone might get screwed because if they sit on it long enough like Middlesbrough and they take it, Middlesbrough is not gonna have time to go get somebody right or negotiate. They' gonna have to overpay for they want, which they'll have a bunch of money.
Speaker 3: So that's nice. Yeah, Well, but that bunch of money may not be a bunch of money considering they're running at a deficit and they've had folks to invest to try to keep things a float. That twenty two and a half will go a long way. I just wonder what you know they're looking at strelitch from slav and Roslava. I just wonder what the number is there?
Speaker 6: I want you wonder if I tell them like a standby, like hey, when this moves, that moves, these two were connected kind of thing. But yeah, man, it's it's gonna be weird, you know, like because because it also could could could hinge on the player and the agent trying to get more money or thinking we can all like we're gonna go to the prem that's that's what we're going to do. And that kind of level of called the spade of spade. It's, you know, it's kind of a little bit of humorous there of like infirmly believing in yourself that you can be that guy to get up to that flight. But if no one comes calm for you, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 6: Also, what happens if you know, you struggle coming back from this injury and you don't produce. What if you don't see twenty million again on the offer, So there's a lot for Atlanta, like Atlanta through their eggs in this basket. Still don't know happened with Kyogo and Celtic. That one's still very weird.
Speaker 3: I know you're still looking at that one.
Speaker 6: I'm still looking at that one because he went to Rend with the aston Villa game in hand for Celtic, like he apparently something about.
Speaker 5: That was like.
Speaker 6: They didn't overpay that much to get him immediately, Like I'm surprised he didn't stay for the last Champions League game for Celtic because that Celtic Aston Villa game had waight to it for everybody. Something. I'm guessing something weird happened there. It feels weird, But you threw a lot of eggs in this basket and you threw your weight behind trying to get this cross the line. If it doesn't happen, both clubs and the player might be in a weird situation coming up. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we are. We are joined in the Friday free for all by Bart Keeler, who's all right, we'll speak. No, it's not there, it's not well. But no, we had we had issues last time with Bart, and so it's I don't know what's up with Bart and his Uh, Bart may just have to I don't know, dude, I don't know what's going on. Last time Bart was here, he literally in his studio setting like he is now, was not able to talk and I don't know why. And so literally, well I heard something. It's like you're like, you're switching. I know what we're gonna have to do. We're gonna have to take Bart and like do something offline, like when we're off the air. We're gonna have to figure out, Okay, Bart, what the troubleshooting is because I can't we can't hear you all of your conversations that you've been having on the YouTube, off the YouTube and the twitters. I can't hear you nothing.
Speaker 6: While he figures that out. To Michael's point, what if he comes here and struggles to injuries happened with a lot of guys. You're betting on productivity, Like Gigi didn't have the kind of injuries that he had before he got here, and then they started popping up and you were like getting those muscle injuries where it was like he could go seventy five eighty minutes and then he was like something was something was kind of sideways with a tendon or a muscle or something another like here, it's always a risk with every player, like every player could develop those injuries. You want one, you want a more recent or not more recent I should say an older reference, but one that hits close to home for people. Go look up the transfer marked game log for Tito vi Jadva.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when.
Speaker 6: He left Atlanta, when he was healthy, he produced. He was not very healthy, and it was little injuries. It was muscle polls. It was like those kind of things that you're like, oh, that's gonna be reoccurring. And then he finally got healthy and towards a CEO. No, I think he's going to Penyroll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that broke yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, I think so he was gonna go to Tom Lorenzo back where he came from originally before he came to Atlanta, but something fell through and he's going to Penyroll. But some guys like will be healthy and then they will just hit a weird part, whether it's you know, age, or whether it's just bad luck, whether something weird happens, and injuries.
Speaker 3: Just hit m free agent one year deal, Paeni Roll and he's supposed to sign it today.
Speaker 6: Like sometimes injuries just hit. It's weird, it's it's hard to protect. So Derek sounds like the a player wants to smoop, the agent's holding things up, situation, the player down the age on the end of night. Maybe we don't know, like it's going to be interesting watching how it unfolds because you're getting reports from give Me Sport, you're getting reports from I don't I don't know if they're fan blogs out of England, out of Millsborough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why traditionally I'll try and go to what Craig John's is saying out of the Gazelle. It's a baseline.
Speaker 6: You're getting a lot of cross talk about who is who, who's the onus?
Speaker 3: On is done? Yeah, and that's the key now. And Michael to your point, Michael's not a fan of fighting a sign and an injured player, So I mean I get it. Yeah, I get that too.
Speaker 6: And and I think I think some of that frustration, if you're Atlanta, was if we could have just gotten this done when we wanted to get it done, he wouldn't have played in that game. Yeah, you would have had him on the plane here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Michael Carrick has been one to sit there and say, you know, player wants to play and I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say no because he wants to be here and fight for a promotion. Round two? What's going on? Bart? Is this better? Yes? I think I figured out the problem? John, what me? Let me let me tell you this. No, it's not It's not you or me.
Speaker 9: Oh, it is the corporate world refusing to allow me to use the microphone on my computer something.
Speaker 3: So are you using you're using the business computer with the studio setting? And well but I mean when you were when you were trying initially, yes, okay, yeah, so studio setting linked to your corporate overlords and they're like not today, fam yea, so I think okay? So yeah, uh it is. It is a bit of a Friday free for all. And I know that you are corporate busy, but so what what is on your mind here with twenty minutes to go here in the show? What what lane of traffic did you want to get into this morning? Crystal done? We haven't talked about her.
Speaker 9: Talk about strikers, Well, could we should talk about Crystal dun uh an Janet Icelanger both getting moves over to uh well Jeneta and island off the coast of Europe.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Crustal done official to PSG.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: But I was, you know, we were talking when you have to strikers, and.
Speaker 9: I just had an overwhelming sense of things, anxiety about if they were going to be healthier, if they're minky toe is gonna somehow become disconnected?
Speaker 3: So right, but Crystal dun picture, I don't understand this.
Speaker 9: I'll be honest, Okay, Uh getting to the PSG for something a couple to almost on hundred thousand I think was the final number. Were from Gotham, you know, I think you get it from like you want to keep playing. I don't know PSG, but would be where I want to just continue my career. I ending out of country for the next three four years. But uh, this is another examplan saying all along, John, we have talent in this country.
Speaker 3: We have talent.
Speaker 9: Women's soccer in this country is not short on talent. The women's national team not short on talent, and a lot of your European teams understood that for a while, but for some reason there just seemed to be some sort of blockade. But now that they're willing to spend just a tiny bit of money, John, they're able to bring in players like this. And you know, I think for Crystal and Jenna, they're kind of on opposite ends.
Speaker 3: Of it their career.
Speaker 9: Jenna needed, I don't know if you needed to move from Gotham, although Gotham seems to be a place that no one wants to be right now. And I think she saw Arsenal slash. The WSL is a great chance to play in a league that I think fits her skill set a little bit better.
Speaker 3: She's not.
Speaker 9: She's not big, she's a tiny little thing. So maybe going to the WSL she can play the league. It's a little more conducive to her skill set than the NWSL. But with with Crystal don I'm still good for her. Hopefully she's getting that back. I know there's probably some sort of family decision making going on there move to Paris, but PS you could clut to be at that's positive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say this, what are you doing? When we are off the air? Let me ask you that are you doing more business e things. Do you know yet? Sure? Well, because I also want to. I also want to. I want to troubleshoot your corporate I want to troubleshoot your corporate overlord problem. That's that's why I'm asking so separate, separate thing. Oh then yeah, let's figure that out off there. Yeah yeah, so off ye uh so yes, I know that the uh the Crystal Dune. You have the Crystal Dune transfer of the Jenna and I Swanger transfer. You've got other transfers inside the WSL. You have the the one point one attached and Naimi Gearma let me let me ask you this, And I was gonna ask you this on Monday, and we could probably expand on it a little more on Monday.
Speaker 9: Every well, not everyone but Pierre sure to get into Onday. John, Yeah that too.
Speaker 3: But when it comes to and I know, Alex, yes, I'm in trouble shoot that. Yeah, I know. It's like that's a good idea. There is a train of thought that these egresses outside of the NWSL are going to present an issue for the NWSL when it comes to them and their talent pool and their league. All of this American talent going overseas. We don't necessarily have these discussions when it comes to the men's national team. Oh wow, the men's national team as players going overseas and they're playing overseas. But when the women's national team does it, all the wusl Oh my god, the world's on fire, and it obviously is an indictment on the NWSL. How when when it comes to what you've been hearing, how much of that have you heard? Versus Nah, fam, this is really good for the NWSL. When you have these players who are here and they're women's national team players and they're going to Europe, it's a good thing. How much have you heard it's a good thing versus, Oh my god, the world's on fire. Where the NWSL is concerned, I think.
Speaker 9: First thing is the world is not on fire for the WSL because I think when you look at the movie, it's this TRANSFERMENTO specifically and a couple from last last year. Yeah, it's not a huge exit. So that's the first thing. That's all you got, you know, half the league leaving. You also have it's procedy. You have a lot of players from Europe or or other nations's coming to NWSL. The real issue is what I'm seeing and here ring and this is kind of the fear with a salary cap to the.
Speaker 3: League which has the most.
Speaker 9: Talent available and is in the best women's soccer co country, is that you're going to run up against the fact that because NWSL has some transfer spending caps just like we do in MLS, right, we have not ANNWSL. And so specifically, when you're looking at Crystal dun going for what was the number one point five ish basically is what it comes down to do that the question is, yeah, one hundred and forty thousand, sorry, one hundred and twy thousand, Yeah, is that a number that an NWSL team wants to spend to get her from Gotham. Now, I think Crystal Dunal is a very good player. I think everyone does. She has threaty too, So that's just where we're gonna run into these questions and problems. In my opinion with ny of you, with out now, with with Nice Wonger, I think this is it's more of a.
Speaker 3: Personally.
Speaker 9: I think this is just you know, she want to go. I think it made sense for her to go to Arsenal, a team that maybe isn't going to use her primarily as left back for stuff, because they have a left back when the arsenal has Katy mc caabenly Fox. So yeah, particularly h yeah, we're not We're not like hurting for for us I facts. She has some history plans on other positions. But when you look at Crystal Dunn and I think probably probably this is really true for Andy Garma. Is the transfer fees that they're going to command because stem Garma's case, she's the best player that's playing soccer right now. Now that's just my opinion, but it's backed up by the fact that she's the best player who's playing soccer right now. She was not I'm gonna get that number from an NWSL team. So that's the problem, John, And it's not, oh this is all is gonna be bad as soccer? Can we have the there are how many eight Division I college programs out there? John, Well, yeah, he'll be well to find more players. Yeah, I mean it might be so obviously there's not a Gurma or Done that comes out out every single year, right, but you can find replacement, replacement level players and then go find starting level players to backfill which is lost in Germa or done from the talent available and in the US, but then also sells a lot of these clubs because of the the mechanisms are able to go get a player who might not be as expensive maybe from your own from US. Oh yeah, and so you're just not it just done pricing and end of yourself kind of has a net transfer cap is basically what it comes down to. And so if you're yeah, you're gonna you know, if you're if you're seeing Diego a team that is trying to reinvent itself after inventing itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mm hm.
Speaker 9: The one point one million now that you have to play with, then your net transfer is really helpful. So for for Go off of them getting on hundred and forty hundred fift whatever that is in America second dollars, that is helpful.
Speaker 3: But again, again, were you willing to pay.
Speaker 9: Crystal the money that she was gonna need to stay, because I'm sure she still demands again get a chunk of money she's willing to pay, not just transfer for you, but her salary. So it just comes down to that salary cap is eventually going to either demise then WSL. How do you think that salary cap is going to be a little bit of a problem with keeping the best best players here or getting best best players to come here again, I think if you are looking at these clubs individual actually, you know Garma leaving San Diego.
Speaker 3: This sucks for San Diego.
Speaker 9: I don't think that necessarily makes them better or worse because they were already in a bad place. Yeah, Gotham seems to be having some individual problems in that locker room. They've lost several players this offseason from the super team they built, so it's just it's not a mass exodus Johns.
Speaker 3: I'm not like, oh my.
Speaker 9: Gosh, the sky is falling, but it is gonna be a problem when you look at just the financial and eventually they're gonna have to figure out how do we adjust that after by the way they adjusted this like less off season.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely true. Latest for soccer for us PO D, what's going on.
Speaker 9: I'll have an episode to you today because I gotta finish editing out, which is what I'm gonna do on my lunch hour, and that is covering what we just saw last last went with the two from Leason and kind of again looking we did hot takes cold takes then kind of threw some water out and hot takes and gave our what we think of cold takes. Think there hot takes if you listen and you can determine that. I mean, yes, I think it's a hot take that walkersmerment isn't quite ready for us't int action again, I love them.
Speaker 3: That's a hot tape. Yeah, so that's stuff I think. Okay, so, uh, when we're over, I will text you and we will get to the bottom of your corporate overlords invading your computer. And you'll be back on Monday to talk about Denver and the NWSL and other NWSL type thing and reffing down here. You'll be on at ten at ten o'clock and we'll talk about the things. All right, thanks for crashing in on on a on a free for all. And as you always know, like I said, anything going on, you're gonna crash because Crystal Dunn signed and you're like, oh my god, I've got to talk about things. Bart Well, I I will see you offline in a little bit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I hope you Friday, the smile is back in Atlanta, so'll be happy this weekin there.
Speaker 3: You go smiles back and so on multiple fronts. I'll see you in a little bit, my friend, and there he goes, all right, So that's bart all right. Now let's run through what we know, from where we know it, and how do we know it? All right, So let's go through all the moves. By the way, the Crystal Dun transfer was a free and so she played between Chelsea seventeen and eighteen on the WSL and played in Washington Courage and Thorns. Left Gotham on Tuesday on a free. So that's the Crystal Dun departure. Now let's get into who's moving, who's moving and where they're moving too, and we'll go domestically first. Laurel Faylor had a report about signings for FC Cincinnati Hilberta flores You twenty two player on contract through twenty seven options for twenty eight and twenty nine. Pat Brennan at the Cincinnati Inquirer says that the fee paid was two million, but Laurel failure reporting on that as well this morning. So looking at things domestically, the Armstrong move to West Brom did happen, so Vancouver to West Brom. Also, Jovan Miyadovich is joining Luvin on loan until the summer from NYCFC so club record signing, and it looks like he is heading on loan to Leuvin until the summer, so cf you want to keep him pushing for a loan with no purchase. They are still high on his talent. According to Tommy Scoops, All Caps got a bid from FC Copenhagen for Roman Burkey. According to other published reports and those including farzum A Ballasaini and bid was rejected final year of his deal. Is where Burkie is right now with All Caps so Burkey being chased by f C Copenhagen, No was the answer currently. Also, well, let's see if there's anything else that has happened this morning. Once again, we talked about Jeendurn yesterday. The transfer fee now for Chicago Fire full value thirty point seven million dollars thirty point seven million dollars, so that is big for them. And obviously we're going to be keeping an eye on Emmanuel ltte Lot and what's going on involving at Landy United. Four days left in the window. Skipping to our buddy Ben Jacobs, it is Lester's will Alvis adjoining Cardiff on loan. Ipswich confirming Luke Wolfenden a new two and a half year deal. Emory says Ali Watkins wants to stay at Aston Villa, quoting Emory this morning from his press conference, the commitment of Ali Watkins with us is huge. Some players prefer to leave and some except to stay here and commit with our challenges. One of them is All Watkins. He's happy to stay here. We ask him how he's feeling every day and year, and he is happy here. He is being pursued for a great deal of money. Arnest Slutt mentioned on most of the law's future. Everybody wants him, including us. We want him to extend. That is clear. I'm not surprised sawd he want him, but I wouldn't be surprised if other countries want him as well. And that's just the quick quote. Ipswich confirmed Wes Burns suffered a torn acl against Liverpool. He's out for the rest of the season. That's a big loss for Kieren McKenna as they are trying to stave off relegation. Barcelona confirmed Govi has signed a new deal keeping him at the club until twenty thirty. A one billion euro release clause that's just like saying, you know what, we don't want him. We don't want him to go, so you know what, we're gonna put down a one billion dollar release clause. I mean, is it just me or is that just damn ridiculous? I mean, I mean literally, that's just damn ridiculous just saying, you know, like I said, it's a billion dollar release clause, just because that's like, that's like me saying, Okay. Literally, it's like if I owned a club, Hey, you want to sell your club, you really do, but you don't. You can if the number is right, you can sit there and say, yeah, I'll sell my club. It's like if I owned Nelson FC. The only thing missing is Ted Dibiassi coming into the room. Everybody's got a price, haha. And he's got the money belt, you know, he comes out and he opens his jacket and he's got the water and wat of hundreds. You know, everybody's got a price, ha, Gobby, a one billion euro release clause is a part of the deal. Sure, what the hell? Alnoso's second bid for Metoma from Brighton was ninety million euro. Brighton's like, nope, everybody's got a price, ha. Metoma. They don't want to sell him multiple approaches. Metoma didn't want to go Alnosa threw up ninety million to Brighton. Brighton's like nah Dorgu is gonna fly to Manchester on Saturday to undergo his medical ahead of the move from leche Let's you have named Dorgo in their squad for tonight's match against Parma. The move will be set to be completed after the match. Forrest for Joe Gardner's joined a League two team on loan. The nineteen year old is gonna get some more more reps there. Galina set to join alec Lee full agreement in place with Port and Galino. All Aklee have to lose a foreign born player deals in place with Galino, so keep an eye on that. From the Saudi League, Chelsea long standing interest in Evan Ferguson. Chelsea's monitoring west Ham is pushing everybody's interested. All exit options are on the table for Ferguson as long as Brighton's evaluation is met. Yeah, just the road, just seriously, the Champions League bracket give me a break. Okay, all right, now let's get into gossip rumin in the window from our friends. What to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it and recap what's going on. I know that Ricky had something that he had when we were discussing what you're looking for for the Birmingham match tomorrow and get those in before we go. It looks like Spurs have agreed to a fifty million pound deal with Bayern Munich for Matti's tel. It's from the Keep United aim to sell Garnacho bring Intel on loan, so keep an eye on all of that. He would prefer move to Old Trafford over Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs waiting to see if United's interest is concrete before making a decision. Arsenal have blocked here in Tarranny from bringing forward a summer move to Celtic PSG's Marco Asensio, one of the number of attacking players Villa are interested in. For a letter paper, Villa also considering a move for ma teas Kunya. That's from the Guardian. Chelsea and Portugal's Joe Felix another target for Unai Emery all Hill all have made a super offer. I don't know if that's a and this is in quotes a super offer. I don't know if it's a super offer or a super offer, meaning it's like double xcel or something, but they made a super offer. In quotes to Rodrigo is a replacement for Neymar. Monica close to an agreement with i ax on Jordan Henderson. They Monica reluctant to pay a fee, so they want Ias to terminate his contract so they can sign him on a free. Everton also in line on Evan Ferguson. Chelsea interested in Barusha Dortmund keeper Grigor Kobel until but nothing may happen till the summer. Newcastle v talks over eighteen year old Spain U nineteen winger Antonio Cordero for a free when his Malaga contract expires in the summer. Once again four letter paper we mentioned lanksheer Brighton looks like they might be signing a defender from Darby County. Wrexham have signed Sam Smith record deal redding striker out the door goes to Wrexham Premier League in Championship clubs. Keeping an eye on Camarney Miller out of Wigan. And that is your gossip, rumor and innuendo. Okay, so Landy United, that is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for what to watch or to watch it, how to watch it, and we'll gover the juice boxes in the prem before we get out of here, So all right. Adriana is also now being reported to go to Alcadsia in the Saudi Women's Premier League for a five hundred thousand dollars fee, So once again keep an eye on all of that, all right, What to watch, word to watch it, how to watch it? Now today being Montpelier and Lenz at two forty five, simulcast on being an Espanol you can get all the BNS newestern tell a cdo for the fans leg Liga one, Max pro Lega one, all that on finanates f and tz dot co slash soccer down here and Caleb Wiley, Yes, Milaio is going to get to that too. Looks like Caleb Wiley might be going on loan from Chelsea to Wolves, sorry to Watford, So Chelsea to Watford for Caleb Wiley closer to monitor the recovery of his shoulder injury that he received after he was injured, played a handful of matches at Strasburg, got injured, came back, got injured with a shoulder I think it was a separated shoulder in forty five minutes of play, had to be subbed out, hadn't played since rehabbing back at Chelsea, and so Strasburg send him back to Chelsea. And now it looks like Watford will be getting Caleb Wiley on loan, So keep on that one as well. CBS Sports Network, Blackburn, Presston, North End. That's at three o'clock FS two. The U seventeen Women's Championship Pandama on Cuba right now going on looks like the beginning of the second half of a game involving all hlal ESPN Deporte is three o'clock a Spanish Laaliga, Leganess and Ryo Vaicano. Also Fox Deportois simul casting the league that we neither can, don't endorse nor promote. ESPN Plus Bundesliga at two, twenty Bundesliga be at twelve thirty Lalliga simul cast at three. Fox Soccer Plus has the CONKA caf U seventeen Championships, nine to thirty matches going to be ending four o'clock seven o'clock. US Virgin Islands believes Trinidad Tobago and Honduras Paramount plus two forty five Parma and letsche remember that goes back to the door goot conversation. We were having Blackburn Preston North End and the Champions League Europa League draws. It frustrated the hell out of everybody, all right. So that's what's what to watch, ord to watch it, how to watch it now, Juice boxes in the prem and anything else before we get out of here. Now, uh, let's see there we go. Hit that man, hit that. Now, fix your fantasy, Fix your fantasy, Fix your fantasy. Six matches on Saturday three, on Sunday one on Monday Night Football, and then they don't come back until the twelfth, because I think next weekend is FA Cup. Nottingham favored at home against Brighton at a plus one forty six Born with the big underdog at home at a plus three fifty eight. Liverpool comes to town to minus one forty nine. Everton minus one twenty hosting Leicester at a plus three to fifty Ipswich favored against Southampton. This would be a big win for Cired McKenna in the relegation scrap. Ipswich a plus one o two hosting Southampton at a plus two sixty three to also ten o'clock Newcastle and Fulham. Newcastle minus won forty three Fulham at a plus three sixty six Wolves at twelve thirty the late game a dog at the Malnu hosting Villa at a plus one fourteen Wolves a plus two twenty nine. Sunday, Brentford favored at home at the g Tech against Spurs at a plus one oh two two Spurs a plus two twenty five Ish Manchester United a minus one o two hosting Crystal Palace at a plus two eighty five draws a plus two forty six arsenal hosting Manchester City. Manchester City is a plus two to eighty two dog draws a plus two fifty six look at that one arsenals of minus one oh five. Chelsea and west Ham Chelsea Monday Night is a plus two seventy eight minus two seventy eight hosting west Ham, who's a plus six thirty four year draw is a plus four forty seven. Now, before we get out of here once again, broadcast plans for Atlanta United atl ut d dot com slash live four to thirty kick and looking at four thirty eastern kick with Mike and Jason atl utd dot com slash Live. After the match, we are at Monday Night brewing on Twelfth Street, I believe, and Maddy and I will start things off there. Tyler's gonna be there, Tyler Pilgrim scarves and spikes, Tayler Hodges from the USL show scarf available right there. And also perhaps probably hopefully some Birmingham leeds and folks are going to be hanging out with us there as well, So come by after the match if you've got some time, if you're staying the night, or we can break up your drive a little bit. So Saturday night at Monday night, SDH and our friends from Monday Night are going to be having a blast and hope that if you make the trip, hope to see you there at Monday night on Saturday night, kickoff about seven thirty Eastern six thirty locals, so we'll see what happens with the match start at four to thirty Eastern time. Hoping to be kicking things off seven thirty might be like seven forty five or so at Monday night in downtown Birmingham. Looking forward to seeing all of you there now, Derek says the odds of signing Latte loth Or approximately three thousand, seven hundred and twenty to one, thirty seven twenty to one. Okay, So, and then where was what Ricky was saying that he was looking for. Hang on just a second. Ricky and all of his intrepid producing had a thought about the match. And so it's like, what's the thought about the match? And I think I probably just rocketed past it in the timeline. I wish I could. I wish there was a function where you could sit there and go, you know, somebody said something and you could do a search. Saint Deal's here we go, Sat Deal's chattanoo. Young player development, maybe a little cleaner play. And that was why I played the element from the full time report with me and Maddie and Jason. I want to see more forward play, more forward engagement. Be confident in what in who you are as a player, Be confident in the system, and be confident in what they're looking for from you as a player. You want to keep possession, and I know that Ronnie Dila wants. Ronnie Dila said I got bored at times. Don't play as much backward, go forward, go after it. You know those kinds of thing. I want to see that kind of development and as if hey, if there's a shot, take it. But my biggest thing not as much backward, continue working forward when it comes to the offense. Miguel Almeron once again being introduced. Three o'clock press conference setting, probably going to be streamed on the on the YouTube at ato U t on Atlanta United's YouTube channel, probably going to be streamed. It'd be my guest, keep an eye on your social media is all the social needs for that, and we will get you up and running with all that stuff. See you Saturday. Hope to hope to see you Saturday. If you're there, we'll run into you and say hi. I'll be great to see everybody there. Hope to see you also at Monday night on Saturday night, and then we back at it again on Monday. Reminder, Tuesday is going to be an SDHPN because I have to take the boss to the doctor to look on the wrist, so we'll see, so Tuesday will be an afternoon show. But more importantly, Miguel al Moron press conference this afternoon three o'clock at Mercedes Benz in a press conference setting. So we'll see we'll see what's going on with Chris Henderson, with Garth Logerway, we'll see how much sleep they've gotten, with Ronnie Diaila and with Miguel Almron all there for Atlantic Night. So it's another week of SDH. Thanks for dropping bys you always do, and after this once again, always be let us know what's on your mind, let us know what is working in the brain, every single time. Don't be afraid to reach out to us on social media. Hit us on all of our social media channels, on the Facebook, the two hundred and eighty character app, here, on Twitch on a daily basis, on the youtubes, whatever wherever you want to give your comments. Follow me on social media right there at OSG Nelson on the two hundred and eighty character app, and you can follow me and follow soccer down here on all the platforms and you can stay informed on everything going on in the world when it comes to the beautiful sport. So we'll be back at it again live nine oh five Monday morning and we will catch up with you then about the weekend. We'll have your highlights, have your post and all the stuff that's gone on from Birmingham as they head to Bradenton for ten days to do three matches in ten days and get caught up with the system and what Ronnie Dialup wants to do. So all right, we're gonna go fix Bart's computer and see if his corporate overlords will allow him to speak. So for everybody here at SDH, thanks for dropping byes. You always do. And since it is Friday, that means we get to do this on our way out the door. So play it safe everybody, and moocha platyall, and you know what, It's a Friday, so enjoy. Let's be careful out there. I gotta add that drop with phil est House, see you later, everybody.
Speaker 2: Sticking into our fingers, the dictating equipment started asking us questions, and our beepers sent electric shocks just through our body like a candle brod out in the warehouse. The trucks kept banging into the docks, not even thinking about stopping. Our frail bodies were strapped to the chairs.
Speaker 3: And our chairs were chained to the desks.
Speaker 2: Our please for justice were ignored, and the end seemed near. But we busted our slave drivers, little bitty balls. We've charged high their break fortress the streets are the gods. Yes, Friday, Fridayday,