Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: We do celebration continue, and let's celebrate even harder today because it's a Friday, and because it's happening right and you don't have to like every pick. I don't have to like every pick. That's not the point. The point is Trump is delivering on what he promised, and we know the last words he's going to say on his last day in office. We know those already write him down. Promise is made, Promise is kept. And that's what we're getting right now is it's not more of the same, it's something completely different. It is disruptive because the people don't like the status quo, and so there is a lot to celebrate, even if you don't approve of every pick eight five five zero five A two to five five The number text d an five seven seven three nine. So it's Friday treated as open lines. Of course, We've been training every show as open lines for as far as I can remember, because that's the nature of the world right now, right that the old days of talk radio, and I'm blessed to be going on about thirty years. I've got this weekend around, I'm going to count up the number of years so that if if it is like closing in on thirty, maybe we just passed thirty. But we'll have some kind of thirtieth anniversary show, right, and which will probably cost the show to get canceled immediately. That's just the way those things work. The last time we won Colorado Broadcaster of the Year whatever they gave us, right the big award, Yeah, they canceled the show like two weeks later. So we've got to avoid those big impressive milestones. But all I can say is this is as much fun as talk radio gets eight five five for zero five eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. Not just because America one, right, Not just because America one. Because there are always going to be ups and downs in a human endeavor, that's just the way it is. But because this was a hinge election, and because there's so much reason to believe there are great things ahead and the chance for that to be long term. So got to enjoy this stuff when you get it. I had one of those epiphanies last night, one of those political epiphanies. And I'm always so grateful when those happen, because whenever I get like a really really good idea or understanding or awakening, I know it has nothing to do with me, right, and it's just it's something crystallizes. And it just really crystallized for me last night. And it happened to be about Matt Gates. And I'll get to that in a second, which is really interesting because I've got to tell you he has been just from a distance. I've never met the guy. I know some people have met him and really like him. I've never met him, But from a distance he's been. You know, he has been one of my least favorite people in politics, just watching it on the stage. And I really do blame him for all that disruption that led to the ouster of McCarthy. And it's not that I love McCarthy, but the point is all of that disruption was bad for the conservative cost, et cetera. So I haven't been sitting around being a Gates fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have to tell you admit to it. The more the Left loses its mind, the more I like them. But on a deeper level, And this is one of those kind of beyond the obvious things. And when are we going to rename the show? Because we did that for a week. We did a topic on Hey, let's come up with a new name for the show, and we had this caller had the great idea of beyond the obvious, because that's what we strive for here, is to you add value to your day by making points that are beyond the obvious. We all just our minds now, and this has happened. I think over the last five years, have just become programmed to turn off when we start hearing talking points, unless it's the Good Lord himself come down to give us some talking points. Yeah, our minds just turn off. So beyond the obvious. But here's the point I want to make before we go into our phone lines and our texts. Though I don't know that my text can rival. I'm saying about forty texts here on deer hunting to Ryan, and I cannot compete with that because growing up on the South Side of Chicago, we never saw a deer. Let alone hunted one. I saw hunting, but it was hunting of humans, and so I'm not sure that qualifies. But here's the point before we go to the phone lines on this Matt Gates stuff. And I know it's along the lines that I've been talking about since that nomination was announced during our airtime. But here's what it comes down to. Because the Democrats unleashed hell literally on this nation when they opened that Pandora's box and decided that the modern Democratic Party was now going to pervert the legal system to try to destroy and jail their political opponents who they could not beat at the pole. So I mean, that's the sort of stuff that can undermine a nation. We can never be defeated from the outside. We can be badly wounded, we can be staggered, we can be set back decades, never be defeated from the outside. Only from the inside, and from the inside. There are only a few ways to defeat us. But that is in the top two or three, if not number one. Is this whole Banana Republic law fair jail your political opponent things. Okay, Once the Democrats decided to unleash that, they forever changed the nature of the attorney general's office, And no longer can any president, certainly not any Republican president, have a typical attorney general who is first and foremost chosen for her or his you know, particular legal skills and abilities and administrative etc. They simply literally don't have that option because now that the Democrats have unleashed these demons of banana republic lawfare, any Republican president must have in that position somebody they know to be completely thoroughly, incorruptively loyal to them, because that's the one position that can kill them, can end them politically the very first day of their term or any other date during their term, all they have to do is announce they're appointing a special prosecutor. All they have to do is is give in to one of these politically motivated plays from the left. That's all they have to do. And so it is the left that has forever changed the nature of these appointments. And I think that's a profoundly sad thing, profoundly said. And so since we're in that reality, what I would I completely understand why Trump would want Gates because Trump was almost destroyed politically and almost put in prison during his first term because of what the Democrats unleashed done him with the Russia hoax and then what the Democrats followed up with in abusing our legal system. So would I compare it to And this is kind of the epiphany I had last night, because this first point had been crystallizing and I'd been talking about it on air, and that it's the Democrats have forever changed the nature of this appointment, at least for Republican presidents, just for survival and so they can fulfill their promises to the nation and their obligation to the nation. They simply can't afford to have their very next political breath and every political breath after that at the whim of whoever happens to be attorney general. They have to have a loyalist. But it occurred to me overnight. It would be similar to if there was a position in government where the job of that person was to sit next to the president's bed as the president slept every night, and that person would get to decide whether to euthanize the president or not. That was just in their job description, and they would have such broad discretion that if they decided to euthanize the president they're probably going to be fine in terms of their job and everything else. And if there was such a position deciding that the president did not have any control over, who would hold that position because of what the Democrats have done in abusing the attorney general's position, what the Democrats have done in terms of the Russia hoax is they've created that kind of threat to Donald Trump and every Republican president because that's what an attorney general could do. They could euthanize Trump politically in a heartbeat. So he has to have a loyalist because if you're going to choose who holds that position of the person who sits by your bed and while you're sleeping every night can decide whether to euthanize you or not, you're gonna want a loyalist in that position. Let's go to a beautiful Boulder color, I don't. We'll kick it off with David. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 3: Welcome, it's been too long, Dan, congrats. I know it's been an exciting couple of weeks for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. More to come.
Speaker 3: But first I want to ask, as an old boxing guy, you're leading music always?
Speaker 4: Uh you know?
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you for asking that question. Can you actually bet on this fight tonight?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm in this next break. Let's take this break early because I'm gonna go bet everything I have on Mike Tyson. Really well, listen, man, I I don't know Mike Tyson, but I studied Mike Tyson in great depth because I covered his rape trial for NBC and and I was in the courtroom sitting three rows behind Mike Tyson and his aunt gourage to that entire trial in Indianapolis. After reading everything you could read on Tyson, Remember Don King, David, Mike Tyson's Yeah, Don King. Literally as the verdict was being read, Don King's leg was touching mine. We were sitting next to each other in the courtroom as the verdict was being that bet all the big hair, the whole thing. Yeah. And so all I'm telling you is a guy who has studied Tyson in depth. I mean to the point, well, I don't want to go there. It's a family show, but things that are written about him and in the most personal kind of ways, there is no doubt that unless he for some reason wants to throw this fight tonight. And I don't think he will, that he's going to destroy this guy.
Speaker 3: He's a fifty eight year old man. I'm in agreement. I want to see Tyson wins this, you know, online influencer to screw him, right, but take it.
Speaker 2: I don't care if Mike Tyson was fighting another contender right now. And you're welcome to hand David. We have to hit this mandatory break, but I'm going to go somewhere and legally bet on that fight right now and I'll see after the break. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Rocky Knows.
Speaker 7: If you remember, the first image was the picture of Jesus as a resurrection ac club. I found a church that had been converted to a boxing ring, so the image pans down from Jesus onto Rocky being hid. And at that moment he was a chosen person and that's how I began the journey. Something was going to happen. This man was going to go through a.
Speaker 8: Metamorphosis and change lives, just like President Trump. Piven last night, Hold, I do you that we are in the presence of a really mythical character. I love mythology, and this individual does not exist on this planet. Nobody in the world could have pulled off what he pulled off. So I'm in awe and I'll just say this and I mean it.
Speaker 7: Well, George Washington defended his country.
Speaker 9: He had no idea that he was going to change the world, because without him, you can imagine what.
Speaker 2: The world would look like.
Speaker 9: Guess what we got the second George Washington Congress issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mythical figure. I don't think there's any doubt about that. I mean that that Donald Trump is that larger than life, just just beyond anything that anybody, any type of president that we would have imagined. I don't think there's any doubt about that. Now, you got the people like me who say he's historically great in terms of policy. You got other people who would see at one't eighty. But in terms of kind of a mythical stature, Yeah, this is this is one of one.
Speaker 10: Think about this, Dan, four generations from now. Let's say in a hundred years and there's a middle school or high school history student reading about Donald Trump. They're not going to believe that all this happened to him, or happened for him, or happened by him. I mean I think at that point he may be a bit of a mythical character.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things I think he's clearly already One of the things that makes him mythical is he wasn't crushed by all that he had a major setback in twenty but he was able to overcome it all. And listen, anybody who looks at it and looks at what what are the odds that he survives at assassin's bullet, that he turns his head at just that instant, and then he's able to overcome everything to win this second term. And I have no doubt the second term is going to be a very good term. Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt about the mythical status. By the way, I could not find that fight. I could not find a place to bet on that fight tonight. Is there a legal place to bet on that fight? A caller in the first segment had brought up the Tyson fight. One of my take on who is going to win?
Speaker 10: I'll either go ask the sports guy's myself all for have Kelly doing yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I if I can bet on it legally, I want to do that because I studied Tyson in depth, that I doubt very few people have ever done. Because I was covering his rape trial for NBC Nationals as well as a lot of their affiliates, and then local media here and and of course our radio stations and Channel four. So I had to study every aspect of his life. I was very close to him in the courtroom, not close personally, but physically close to him during the trial. Overheard conversations with his entourage. Boy, yeah, no, he's this guy is going to be lucky if he survives the fight tonight whoever he's fighting. But yeah, so please do let me know if there's a place to legally bet all proceeds to charity. That's that's a cold I'm not Yeah, let's go to Karmendale. What a beautiful place that is. Richard. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 11: Welcome, Hey Dan, I'm the beyond the obvious guy.
Speaker 2: Oh my lord, thank you to you. Richard. What a great show.
Speaker 11: Now you use it a couple of times in just in dialogue as the show goes. That's the way. About six months ago or more of that, Ryan was still your producer. He's great on his show, by.
Speaker 2: The way, is Yeah, I listened every day he's doing great. I don't get any work done. I just listened for those two hours.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I know, it's great. So that's it. I wanted just quick glad you brought that up, and just some quick comments. I think the Kennedy appointment wonderful. I mean, the implications of that, him taking poison out of our food is great. And also the and uh vega, I mean, I'm sorry, you know what. Yeah, thank yeah, yeah, that's a tough one. I'm sure all his life he had to save that. But anyway, I think government spending, don't you think it's how many? How many duplications of government work are you know is going on? And I was hearing today it may have been on Ryan shows. Some one was talking about all the stupid you know, government finances of badger fighting in Uruguay or something, you know what I mean, Just hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars on stupid things.
Speaker 2: So well said my friend, Well said, you think.
Speaker 11: It'll be great to clear I think the government is way too big, and and the health issues that Kennedy will bring, I think those are all good things. And so there you go.
Speaker 2: Hey, appreciate the cause yes, you and your family.
Speaker 11: I think you show you do good stuff real quick. One quick dad joke for you. Okay, a pair of jumper cables going to a bar. Bar just says okay, you can come in, but don't start anything.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it. Thank you Richard, We love we love Richard great ideas. He had suggested the name Beyond the Obvious for this show, which it took us a great compliment, very much pre so you know, I think, yes, dose is a great thing, and need to go out and save all those billions and try to create a new mindset of actually treating the money like it's it is what it is right, which is our money, hard working people who hand them those dollars. And because we have to and we're good Americans, we follow the law. But I think the far greater value in terms of the pocketbook of each and every American is going to come from the overall influence of Elon Musk. I just think the more super smart people you can get in government who've actually been successful in the real life business world, the better. Not that each and every one is going to be useful to you, because it depends on what their values are and everything else. But I think Musk is going to turn out to be just a tremendous influence on policy overall. And I'm sure there are some things I disagree with them on, but I think he's going to be awesome. Let me squeeze this in from rfk jor.
Speaker 12: Since two thousand and five, I's been thirty minutes praying every day when I get out of bed, and my prayer is this, I ask God for nineteen years to put me in a position where I could end the chronic disease epidemic and bring.
Speaker 2: Help back to our children. And I don't doubt for one second that every word he said is just true. But it also tells me that he knows abortion is wrong, and that, like so many Democrats, he's just decided he's going to put up with it so he can get and keep power.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Ever tell you my stick story? And don't worry, I won't tell it to you. Now? Did I ever tell you that story?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Okay, You've had some brushes with some big time musical artists in between them and the who oh.
Speaker 2: Lots of them? Yeah, lots, but yeah, Styx. That was really special because I was in the seminary and we weren't known for like hosting a lot of dances or concerts. So I walked into Father Fahee's office. He was the director. I was student body president. Said Father, I think we should have a dance. You know, there's a band down the block. There's a band on the next block, a lot of people like him, and we can raise money for I can't remember what cause we were raising money for, but it was very worthy cause. And father, you know, we got long well he trusted me. He said, okay, yeah, just you know, as long as you can set it up and get it organized. So Styx had grown up down on Colon, further down Colon, yes, believe it or not, our street was named Colon, And so we got sticks and we had thousands and thousands of people who couldn't even get into the school. Raised a lot of money for whatever our cause was. But I'll never forget just sitting there in my high school gym thinking this is surreal, you know, as they opened the show with that theme song and then went into Lady and stuff like that, it was really cool. So hopefully we'll get some Lady Bumper music here soon, let's go to beautiful Colorado Springs. Talk to a Warren. You're on the Dan Kapla Show. Welcome Warren.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Dan, once again, I got a couple of questions for you. But before I asked the question that we'll let you know what I was happy about the way the election tour, he springing about ninety percent of everybody I know was happy the way elections turned out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and that's why I mean there is a new coalition now, so you know, there's more happiness in America because his victory was was spread across a lot of different groups in our society. It's really a cool thing, Warren. I know you probably called the talk.
Speaker 13: Ukraine, right, and well, yeah, there's two questions the core of the Internet. Well, first of all, the Warsaw Pact dissolved in Teborluary of nineteen ninety one, but in the Eastern Europe corner of the internet before, like in the midute during the Cold War Wars.
Speaker 2: I've got to here. Here's why I have to stop you, okay, because if it was you and me and we were having a couple of beers and we were talking in history I would enjoy it, but I'm sorry. I'd love to the only reason I'm laughing is my wife's been out of town, you know, ever since Election Day. She fled the country, and you would think that I would have had. All I'm saying is I am so busy in my law practice right now. I don't think I've watched a game while she's been out of town.
Speaker 13: Maybe the scene I apologize.
Speaker 2: I am so just and I'm very happily busy in my law practice right now. How old am I? You mean the chronological age I kind of my driver's license or my real age. No, I'm serious, because that number, it's totally meaningless. Well, chronological age on the driver's license is sixty seven. My functional age, like, if you were to bring my PCP on right now doctor Levinson and have him talk to you about test results and everything else, my functional age is probably thirty four.
Speaker 13: Well that's great, Yeah, I was. I was twenty two years old when the Acuban dis crisis happened. I had relatives. I lived in Los Angeles, I was raised in LA and I had relatives that moved out into the desert. So these people say that we're closer to the Third World War than we've ever been.
Speaker 5: A wrong.
Speaker 13: We were closer then, well actually closer than we've been since nineteen ninety one. But we're closer in nineteen sixty two, believe me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I remember it as a little kid. I remember it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, well, how could we get together to have a beer?
Speaker 2: So I sometimes as soon as things calm down, I would love to do that. Do me a favorite for would hold the line and just give Kelly your info because I would love to do that it. Yeah, but I did watch that buff game. By the way, Ryan's Terry. Kelly was telling me, you can bet that Tyson fight tonight. Okay, because well I don't know about that.
Speaker 10: Our resident gambling expert, and I don't think he has a personal problem with it. But Benjamin Albright over on KOA, who is an intrepid reporter, he tells me that, yes, you can place a bet on the fight. However, Big caveat Colorado is not one of the states in which you can do that. There are several states restricting betting on the Tyson Paul fight, including Colorado, New York, and Pennsylvania. I think it's because of its status, like you mentioned, not a real fight as an exhibition rather than a sanctioned fight.
Speaker 6: And that's something a text or said.
Speaker 2: I am a very very very controlled sports better right. I don't bet big. I don't do this. I didn't do that, but my betting average is very very good. And I hope anybody who does have access to betting this fight tonight does not take a thing I say seriously about it. But I have never been more sure a sporting event. Mike Tyson is a real boxer. And I learned a lot about Mike Tyson covering his trial. Funny thing. I'll go back to the phone lines in a second, but what was so striking to me covering that Tyson trial for NBC? And I was I was in Indianapolis for the whole thing, and I was sitting there in the courtroom just a short distance behind Tyson. When he would talk with when he would talk with his unentourage and his lawyers and everything else, it was like you were talking to an English major, like perfect everything, perfect grammar, perfect everything. He's a deep thinking guy all in the way was so impressive. And then when he you know, when you would hear him talk in other settings. How about the clip I cut for you there, Oh yeah, here, let me play them out. This is this is one of the most interesting interviews ever. And while I disagree with what Mike Tyson's saying, I want to play it for you right now.
Speaker 6: It's a young girl reporter.
Speaker 2: That's why it's so interesting. It's one of these kid reporter deals. So You've got this girl standing next to him. I'm guessing she's ten or twelve, maybe thirteen or fourteen, but it's a kid reporter, a child interviewing Mike Tyson on the issue of legacy.
Speaker 14: Well, in your return to the ring for this fight, you are setting a monumental opportunity for kids my age to see the legend Mike Tyson in the ring for the first time. So, after such a successful career, what type of legacy would you like to leave behind when it's all said and done.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 15: I don't believe in the word legacy. I think that's another word for ego. Legacy doesn't mean nothing. That's just some word everybody grabbed on to. Some one said that word, and everyone grabbed on the words, and I was used every five seconds.
Speaker 2: It means absolutely nothing to me. I'm just passing through.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna die and it's going to be over. Who cares about a legacy after that? What a big ego? So I'm gonna die. I want people to think that I'm this, I'm great, I'm not wain nothing. Well, you're dead with dust, absolutely nothing. Our legacy is nothing.
Speaker 2: A look at her face. Well, thank you so much for sharing that.
Speaker 14: That is something that I have not heard before someone say that as answered.
Speaker 15: Can you really imagine? And somebody say I want my legacy to be this way when I get dead? Well you want to think point, I really want to think about you.
Speaker 5: How was that that thing?
Speaker 2: I want you to think about me when I'm gone? Who the kids about me when I'm gone?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: My kids named grandkids. It was so interesting because the young girl handled it so well.
Speaker 6: She did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was You've got to see the video when you get home tonight. It was really striking and your point, Ryan, It did bring back some memories about Tyson and just being around him in the courtroom and listening to talk to his group because he was so thoughtful. Listen, I think he was properly convicted of rape. I think he did rape. Desiree was Washington. I think what happened was he believed it was consensual, but it definitely was not. And I think he believed it was consensual because there were individual days where he would sleep with ten, fifteen, twenty women and you know there was I mean, and this is documented in one of the books as well, that you know, there was one day sleup to almost thirty women in a day, and so, you know, women often wanted to be with him, and he just assumed when she came out to meet him at the limo, she'd been up in her hotel room and then they had met somewhere and you know, he it's about eleven thirty midnight, and she said, yeah, I'll come out, and he said, we're's something loose and that was all undisputed, and she came out and jumped in the limo. He took that as consent. Just in his life, he thought that was consent. There's no way this young girl was consenting or intended to consent. So yeah, so that's why he got convicted. But I think he really believed it was consensual.
Speaker 10: One final note here, as we go to break Beagemin Albright said the following about this betting he said, Honestly, I wager a lot, and I wouldn't wager on that fight in quotes fight, but I don't think that any entity should be able to block what any American wants to wager on. It's their money and they should be able to do what they want.
Speaker 2: Well, the only reason I would bet on that fight if I could, is knowing what I know about Tyson and then you just hearing them in that interview, you think he's going in tonight to do anything other than be a champion fighter. And as everybody knows, it is a true science when it's done right. He was a scientist. He was a killer, yeah, but also abramsk scientist. I know we have to hit this break back in a flash. Oh new press secretary just got named. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dankapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I was just texting with Tom Martine. He was talking about how he had interviewed Styx as a young reporter, and I just as we were sitting there, I flashed back and it's probably nineteen seventy five and I'm in the seminary and I'm student body president. I talked Father Faye and letting us have a local band. Guys who grew up down Colin Avenue, we grew up on Colon come in and it just happened to be. And how weird to see them. I can picture man like it was lunchtime today, you know, just just singing lady. I think it was Dennis de Young was that his name? Singing lady right there? It's right in our gym. It was phenomenal and a heck of a fundraiser. Christopher Eng Sorry, youry know that they listened to. None of us are going to make you know, but I'm Mike Tyson mode. Now Hey, we're all ashes dashes dust to dust or Chris Berman, We're all day to day. Hey, Christopher, are you doing? Sorry I coughed in your ear there.
Speaker 4: Not at all, Dan, Hey, just calling to let you know some of the I don't want to get political, I'm an independent, but some of the unintended baby consequences of the new term. I work as an appoyment specialist. I helped disable people get and retain employment up here in the greedy Evans area. Cool and yeah, I've been doing it ten years here and I did it eight years in Florida. Previously, I've been an educator special ed and social work, mental life.
Speaker 5: So it's one. Oh, I love it. But I just wanted to mention that I work under the Colorado Department of Labor Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. We are all private contractors because obviously they want to save money on pensions and they're like, you know, benefits. So yeah, we actually get people off the dole and on the tax wols.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but one of the problems is over seventy percent of our funding comes from the United States Department of Education.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you're so you're concern that's about to end.
Speaker 5: We are our livelihood. I'm fifty five years old.
Speaker 4: You know this was going to be it till I retire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I just unintended consequence.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, no, no, no, no, you're right, And I get the concern, Christopher. I would have to believe that if President Trump is successful in getting rid of Department of Education, that it's not going to happen overnight, and that there there are going to be provisions in place to make sure that essential programs and your sure sounds like one you know, are protected. I mean, listen, what does Trump really want at the end of the day, he wants to go down with among the great American presidents and and he he right, and economy is very high on the list there, and so he's going to be very smart about the impact that his actions have on the economy. And then I don't know you and I don't I don't know the details of what you describe, but what you describe sounds wonderful and essential and something that's that's very important to a healthy economy. So I get the concern, believe me, but I'm I'm optimistic. Isn't going to be any sudden shock there it speaking of sudden shock, not one here with the new press secretary, new press secretary just announcing, there was talk about, Hey, would it be Tucker Carlson, Would it be Atlanta Haba, his attorney, would it be Megan Kelly? In fact, it's going to be Caroline with A K levitt L E A V I T T. You've seen her before she was press secretary. There were several who filled the role, but she was the main one during the campaign. And yeah, I mean very solid, smart, articulate, physically attractive. Yeah, So I'd say a conventional kind of pick for Press secretary and nothing wrong with that. And again Trump nosary can trust her, she's been in battle with him. But that's the development there today. Doug burgham obviously Interior. Yeah, I mean, there's no question that's a great pick. I know we haven't talked about Gates since the beginning of the show today. I'm sure we will before the end. Even though you know there aren't going to be any big developments on that today. You know we may know more by Monday. Obviously, they're trying to force release of that House Ethics Committee report. Big question that, right is Hey, if in fact an underline if innocent until proven guilty and they didn't charge him, If in fact he had sex with an underage girl and took her across state lines as part of that, all of that, then then yeah, I think he'd be disqualified and he couldn't be ag Short of that, I expect to be confirmed. But eight FI five five two five five text d A N five seven seven through nine. Hey, all these ads we see, all these ads we see for big pharmas stuff on TV? Should they go away? Should they be ended? With RFK Junior coming in Health and Human Services that a big question because he's talked about wanting to do that, so you think we'd all be better off? And could it be legally done to just say no, those can't AIRR on TV. You're on the Dan Kaepla Show.