Speaker 1: It's time for what you watch on Wednesday. The following program is brought to you in living colors, but you're watch it in there.
Speaker 2: Americans love television. They wean their kids.
Speaker 3: On USA television.
Speaker 2: Man, you've been watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 3: Oh, we have a trio of trailers up on our web page at Gary and Shannon kfi AM six forty dot com. You can check them out. That's what I'm going to do. Coming up in the break. Mobland is up there. Good American Family as well as the name of something that I wrote down and I can't read my own writing.
Speaker 1: Pulling it up. The assessment, excuse me, the assessment.
Speaker 3: So we've got the trailers for Mobland from Paramount, plus a Good American Family from Hulu and the assessment as well. So I'll check those out with you during the break. But what are you watching? I am in the midst of Paradise. I'm loving. I don't know who was behind this, but all I know is everybody was telling me to watch this. And when I say everybody, I just mean Deborah Mark and Amy King, the two people I'm exposed to the most. Dan Foegelman is the person that is behind this. They call it a political theory, a thriller, post apocalyptic science fiction, which is why I did not pick it up when it first came out. Those are things that I would not have signed up for in my spare time. Political thriller, post apocalyptic science fiction. Check no, check no, check no. However, it is really good. It's about a secret service agent investigating the murder of a former president and this seemingly peaceful community, and it is so well acted. I mean a lot of big names in here. You've got Sterling K. Brown, who I can watch all day. I just want to call him Kevin. I do too. I mean, I was just gonna say Devor. Part of it is because of my love for This is Us and the emotional bond, and so it's like he can do no wrong to me in anything, like if they ever try to cast him as a bad guy or and he could be a bad guy in this I don't know. I'm only two episodes in, but I won't buy it. And that's not being a type cast. It's just like it's an emotional bond that should be respected between the people that watch This is Us and Hollywood.
Speaker 1: James Marsman's in it. Julianne Nicholson.
Speaker 2: She gets me so angry her character, Oh, I only have one episode left, so I'm going I'm not.
Speaker 3: So she's been through some things, you know, So I mean that's where I'm at. I met Oh my goodness, Okay.
Speaker 1: Just just you wait, Shannon.
Speaker 3: So this guy was also this guy who did it the screenwriter, the director, or the producer. He is also behind This is Us as well. He did His screenplays include Cars, Tangled, and one of my all time favorites, Crazy Stupid Love. That's why this this is speaking to me. He also did only Murders in the Building.
Speaker 1: So this is it. It's one of those shows.
Speaker 3: I always get so frustrated when someone goes, oh, this is a great show. You just gotta get four episodes in and then you'll get into it. It's like saying, you know, try cigarettes, you'll love them. You never liked the first one or the second one, but by the fourth you're kind of hooked. But then you're stuck with this habit that you didn't really want in the first place. I want to show to grab me right away and also not kill me. But that was a bad analogy. With the cigarettes, and I apologize, but if I've got to wait four episodes, that's too much time for me. I don't want it to be four hours till something grabs hold. And this show Paradise grabs hold right away. I mean within the first few minutes your I was hooked to it. And probably it's because of Sterling k Brown.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, But like.
Speaker 2: I said, just you wait, because every episode you're gonna get very invested.
Speaker 1: I'm pissed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, this is how pathetic I am. My husband has plans tonight's going out with a friend, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, that's great. Tell me, I say, hi, enjoy yourself and the same way. And then I'm like, I'll be watching there. I know, louser, I'm such a loser. Same same, same, same, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: All right, we will check out the trailers in the break you do as well, Mobland Good American Family and the one.
Speaker 1: Who's writing I can't. I'll pull it up here.
Speaker 3: It's the assessment, all right, What you watch on Wednesday continues The trailers up at KFI AM six forty dot com. Gary and channaon page are Good American Family Show coming out on Hulu It.
Speaker 1: Stars Meredith Gray.
Speaker 3: I will always know her as Meredith Gray, and she is the mother in this drama. To Za of the Whole, Natelia Grace Saga. This was the adopted girl slash woman, depending on who you want to believe, adopted to an American family. I think sent back at one point to whatever country she came from. I want to say it's Romania. Could be Russia, I'm not sure. And then another family adopts her, and then the story or the script's flips to where she's not a child, she's actually a grown woman but severely disabled.
Speaker 1: I actually thought that the.
Speaker 3: Documentary that I dove into on Hulu about the YouTube vlogger Mom Grace or Ruby Frankie, I conflated the two stories I thought that was going to be about. I was like, Oh, is this about that adopted daughter who may not be a little girl and maybe a grown woman. I don't know if I want to watch that. And when I started watching it, quickly realized it wasn't about that. I just kind of don't want anything to do with a swindler handicaps app want to be child grown woman if that is the narrative, and I don't I haven't done all the research and connected all the dots there, but I just feel like, if you need attention that badly, I don't want to play in your mental illness for my own entertainment. The other trailer up there is a guaranteed you're gonna love it if you're a dude show.
Speaker 1: It's called Mobland.
Speaker 3: It's a Guy Richie production and it stars Pierce Brosnan, Tom Hardy, and Helen Mirren. It looks like it takes place in Ireland.
Speaker 1: It is. It comes with a.
Speaker 3: Badass fixer type character and Tom Hardy.
Speaker 1: It looks really good.
Speaker 3: A lot of action, a lot of guns, a lot of criminal enterprise. Mobland is the name of it, and I do believe that's on Paramount Plus. So check that out if you are a dude or if you like dude stuff. I like dude stuff from time to time. That one looks like it is going to be a win. And then aessment assessment is I forget where that is playing, but you can probably find it on Apple somewhere. It involves one of the not Mary Kate or Ashley, but the other one, Elizabeth Olsen, doing real good and identifying people and things listen at the end of the show. But anyway, it looks very well acted. It looks like one of the things that Debra and I were talking about that we don't really watch very sci fi, very maybe post apocalyptic vibes going on there, but again, looks very well acted. If you're into that kind of situation where a stranger comes to the door and assesses your family and makes decisions for your family moving forward, sounds very post apocalyptic to me.