Speaker 1: Hey, good morning. If you're an Austin night or Central Texan and you like your morning radio from people that actually live and work in Austin, Texas talking about local things, will be here for the JB and Sandy Hour. It's coming up at seven on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one and streaming on iHeartRadio. App Well, it looks like the Pope has got some famous relations. Trisa's gonna tell us about it in the story We Love in just a Moment. But first, did you hear about this? This is a weird marriage Mountain Dew, Kentucky Fried Chicken and f One the Movie.
Speaker 2: Maybe you've heard of this from something in the movie and we just don't understand it yet.
Speaker 1: All Right, KFC is teamed up with Mountain Dew and the new Bread Pit movie f one the Movie and creating a new twist on its exclusive Sweet Lightning flavor, now featuring peaches and cream Sweet Lightning. Sweet Lightning It's Here's how it's described. This sweet honey creamsickle inspired drink adds a vanilla cream swirl extra summer vibes. Available for a limited time, The Mountain Dew Sweet Lightning Peaches and Creams Soda ties in with KFC's promo for the upcoming Brad pitt led f One. The movie fans are buzzing about this latest thing. This sounds like it's gonna your teeth.
Speaker 2: It's gonna rote your inside. That it's gonna give you. The sugar is what it's gonna do.
Speaker 1: Right, The mountain dew is gonna The mountain dew doesn't kill you, then whatever it's to get you for sure.
Speaker 2: Now coming to you from the Lester Hold Studio.
Speaker 1: My dear friend and p I c from time to time, Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 2: All Right, So Pope Leo big big deal when he first came on to the stage, right, I haven't heard that much about him since then.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's kind of laying low and just doing his things.
Speaker 1: Got work to do.
Speaker 3: He's got work to do, that's right.
Speaker 2: But The New York Times researched his family tree and found out that he's related to a bunch of celebrities, a bunch of very famous celebrities. He they all have the same ancestral like six generations back. He was Canadian, and because of that, Pope Leo is distant cousins with Justin Bieber, Justin Trudeau, Angelina, jo Lee, Hillary Clinton, Jack Kerouac and Madonna? Why did all of them? Who's Jack Kerouac, Jack Carrowac, the writer, the famous writer.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: And of course now Into the Wild didn't Jack Carroak?
Speaker 1: Oh I saw the movie? Did you start with that crazy kid went out into the wild in Alaska and lived in a bus.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think he wrote.
Speaker 2: I think Jack Kerouac wrote in he died in sixty nine. He's a huge literary guy. Anyway, look him up. Oh look, Jack Carrouac, up, you look it up. I can't believe you don't know his name. I can't believe. I think I know a book that he wrote. He's pretty famous though. So anyway, it's interesting that Leo would be related to Madonna given all the Catholic church issues and stuff with their song back in the Eating.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's right, like a prayer.
Speaker 2: But a few years ago, Madonna reached out to Pope Francis, asking to meet with him to discuss important matters. She told him, quote, I've been excommunicated three times. It doesn't seem fair. I have no idea if she actually ever met with prope Francis. But our new pope, famous for being American, famous for being a white Sox fan. Now he's related to all of these famous American and Canadian celebrities.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, it's shiny like a new Penny right now.
Speaker 1: Huh, clearly he is. That is the story we love. She's tricial. My name is Sandy stick Around. We've got more coming up on What three point one, Austin's eighties station, and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Boy, we give it up for the team on this show, up to our own embarrassment, right to our own shame. This is both bad embarrassment and a little shame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more shame than embarrassment.
Speaker 1: So what you need? Two things you need to know. One, Trish and I are married, have been for seventeen years too. We've slept in different beds for about twenty years, seventeen eighteen years. Yeah, we've sleep in supper beds. Best decision we ever made.
Speaker 3: Highly recommend it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think more people should do it. You just get good sleep. So yesterday morning, Father's Day text message comes in from Tricia and it's seven fifty three. I'd been up for an hour and a half or so, and it says you can come snuggle in bed with me if you want to.
Speaker 2: God, I need to acknowledge that.
Speaker 3: As I wrote the text, I had just woken up.
Speaker 2: I was still a little groggy, and I typed the word snuggle and I was like, snuggle feels weird. And then I was like cuddle and I was like, nope, cuddle feels weird. And I was like, what am I gonna say? Would you like to come lay beside me in bed? But it all felt weird. But I was too tired and still groggy, and I hit send and then I regretted it.
Speaker 1: Well after I got We're not snuggle couple, just so you know. After I got done gagging a little back, I responded to Tricia with this, did you mean to send this to me? What lies? Yes? Who else would I send it to? I reply the fuzz our daughter? Yea, she said, I thought she was still asleep. I respond, no, she is awake. This is where this is where it gets kind of funny. She wrote back. Okay. Trish writes back, okay, all right, back, I.
Speaker 3: Can't let it lie you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: No, I was not going to let it go. I said, I feel I feel like you were trying to set some kind of trap where I snuggle with you and you karate chopped me or something. I was afraid if I went and snuggled, I was gonna get karate chopped. It was.
Speaker 3: It was a trick.
Speaker 1: It was a trap. I think you were trying to send it.
Speaker 2: The rope laid out on a circle on the ground leading into a bush where I'm hiding me to pull it.
Speaker 1: It's like putting the shoe box with a stick a carrot and trapping the rabbit and you.
Speaker 3: Go unto the shoe box and I pulled a stick right.
Speaker 1: Trisha replied to my comment about the karate chop with we were going to spoon. I can't karate chop you when we're spooning such a loving marriage. I reply, I reply, you would figure out a way. You are tricky and not to be trusted. Trist replies true, yeah, true, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's Father's Day, I'm gonna be sweet.
Speaker 2: And like I said, before I even hit sand, I was like, this feels weird, and I was right, it got weird.
Speaker 1: It got weird, and so we are not your average couple friends weird, but it works for us. I was afraid of the.
Speaker 3: Old and I was like reassuring you can't. You're behind me. We're smoothing.
Speaker 1: Oh, Stavid, Does any other marriage communicate like this? I would all you have to do is we'd like to know we're not alone. Just send us a text like that. Sounds like my marriage.
Speaker 2: Too, right, surely there are others like us.
Speaker 1: I don't know the number seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. If you're even remotely like this marriage, we would love to know we're not alone. So JB and Sandy show starts at seven. If you missed Friday show, here's something you miss. Stephen Presley, our guests can find him on Instagram at thunder pop Tv, also on YouTube with the same handle. Now this is I find this interesting. I just saw the trailer for the New Superman. By the way, I just saw it last night. But Warner Brothers, the production company, the studio has a lot writing on this for it to be a big hit. And you said, Stephen, as does the movie industry in general. Tell us why? Yeah?
Speaker 4: In WWB has already had some hits and misses lately. I mean they're in the middle of a mid restructuring. They call it mid restructuring. And also they had a credit down grade, so they're dealing with a lot of things behind the scenes with the business. And so Superman supposed to relaunch the DC Cinematic Universe. They've got all these other things planned on the back of Superman, another movie next summer, Supergirl, the Green Lantern TV show, another season a Peacemaker, all these other things.
Speaker 1: But for those two be a thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, those things are gonna come out, but for those things to matter this first and for other things to get greenlit later, this film has to be if Superman, who's the anchor. It's like if you open a mall and the anchor is the JC Pennies, but the JC Pennies flops, yeah, mall, the mall is probably in trouble. So that's what that's what it's like with this scenario. Superman obviously is your biggest star if it flopped. Now, this movie's gonna do really well the first weekend, guaranteed. It's already breaking pre sale records for tickets they're gonna have. I'm actually gonna get to see it two days before the wide release that week. I'm gonna get an early screening of it, So I'm excited to see it on Tuesday of that week. But the film is going to do great the first weekend. But where a lot of these superhero films have missed lately. They all have big first weekends, but the second weekend there's a huge significant drop off. Is what's been happening lately. What happens is all the nerds show up weekend one.
Speaker 1: Or on Tuesday, or on Tuesday or on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: In my face two days before went exactly as the hardcore nerd. It goes on a Tuesday night to see it. But so yeah, so the nerds will show up first weekend. But for this movie to succeed, it's got to get something a lot of the other superhero movies haven't had lately. You have to get the outside audience that's not normally a superhero movie audience to be inspired to go, yeah, to be inspired to go see this film, say oh that that one looks good, I'm gonna go see that one. Also, you have to get the repeat what the people that loved it so much the first weekend that they want to see it again and maybe even a third time. That's what Minecraft got. Minecraft got repeat watches, and then it got and because the parents taking their kids, they got some people that would not normally go to those movies to watch them. Yeah, so that's what this movie needs in order to see. If it doesn't get that, it will it won't do well.
Speaker 1: So Superman is kind of like the the mother patch of all the other ones, the offshoots. If it doesn't, if it dies, the rest of them died too, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and probably the whole genre for a while, for it's like ten years.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think what people are most interested in in this Superman reboot is I feel like there's been a lot of chatter about the guy that they chose to be Superman. Either people are real excited about him or they're very angry about who has chosen. I also have seen a lot of chatter that people are like, why the hell is there a dog?
Speaker 3: What's the dog getting?
Speaker 2: So I feel like it's going to be curiosity, like Judge, interest to go see it be's good enough to be Superman?
Speaker 3: And if the dog is done.
Speaker 1: How important Stephen, isn't you mentioned that the nerds will show up first. How important is it that the nerds love it? It's pretty important.
Speaker 4: I mean, those are the scores online. I think need to be better than ninety five percent to get the outside audience to still be inspired to go see it in the second and third weeks. They need to see something better than the ninety five percent score, I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, moving right along. The latest gin Alpha alpha obsession is getting a movie and it's a toilet right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Gen Alpha me being the father of a Gen Alpha kid who's seven, knowing that their their sense of humor is geared around usually toilets. All things funny is around toilets, and so yeah, this crazy obsession with this thing called skibbety toilet, And yeah, I tried to watch these YouTube videos, but they're getting like fuck millions of you hundreds of millions of views on these skimbity toilet videos. And basically, in a nutshell, to explain the concept, it's these the villains are the toilets, the bad guys, the baddies. They're human heads with toilet bodies. They look like basically someone that's their bodies inside the toilet with their head sticking out.
Speaker 3: They're terrifying looking.
Speaker 1: They're terrifying looking.
Speaker 4: They look like they're half a zombie, you know, discoloration in their face, and they bounce around on these toilets. Their bodies are toilets, and they fight against the heroes of the story, and the heroes of the story are electronic devices with bodies like humans and heads like electronic devices. They look like radios or computers or whatever. And this sounds like the most ridiculous scenario, but it's just a phenomenon on YouTube getting hundreds of millions of views. And now Michael Bay, who's a gen xer, has brazen enough to adapt this for a movie. He's going to make me. Yes, Skimby Toilet the movie by Michael.
Speaker 2: Bay, And there's toys, right, Yeah, Why do you know so much about Skimbity toilets Because our daughter, who's sixteen, she showed it to me. She shows me all the random things, like she'll be like, mom, look the suspending and she showed it to me and I was like.
Speaker 3: What the hell is that. It was like, it's this new thing. I was like, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And that was last year and now it's a freaking movie and Michael Bay is directing it. It's unbelievable what catches on and what becomes popular.
Speaker 4: Well, and memes now rule the media because it, you know, used to be there would be adaptions for movies from from maybe a book, or there was an adaption of a of a movie to song or vice versa. Now memes are getting merch. You know, there's a target, there's a section of target for this meme merch, like the skibbity toilet and other meme merch, and so that's become like another branch of media that's getting adaptions into movies.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: The skibbity toilet stuff will rot your brain as long as it's so that we'll make it will make you dumber for watching it.
Speaker 4: It will instantly r i Q will drop. I mean, just think about the most ridiculous scenario you can come up with, and then that's what you'll probably get famous.
Speaker 3: And make a ton of money on.
Speaker 1: That was from Friday Morning Stick Around the JV and Sandy Hour starts this morning. It's seven on Austin's Davies station one O three point one caroed on't care coming up in just second all you air gongers, get your air gong hand ready, your imaginary mallet, all right, and your imaginary gong and if you would like your air gonger number, all you have to do is text us at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. We have a new air gonger. I want to give a shout out to air gonger. Oh Sandy. I know he's number forty seven, but I have to find his na yeah, because I put his name was going back and forth. It's a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, somebody asked me the other day.
Speaker 2: I met somebody and there were like, do y'all really number your air gongers. That's like we really do. And she's like, there's like a list and everything. I go, yeah, and I named off a few of the ones that I know their numbers. We even have two ladies who are sharing one of the numbers. I believe it's number twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's right, yep. She was like, really, I know, it's surprising.
Speaker 3: I know we do the things we say we do, people we do, and I'll need it.
Speaker 1: I did it. I'm going to find it. My text thread, I get so many I can't keep up sometimes you know what I mean. That's all right, Sorry, Mike later, Yeah, we'll look for it later. Let's do this right now. I got it, okay, Greg, Number forty seven.
Speaker 3: Greg, number forty seven, welcome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took me. I apologized. It took me a while to get back with him, but he was super cool about it, and I of course told him gave him number forty seven, Welcome to the club. Remember to Gong responsibly and he said, no problem. I blame the delay on Tricia Gong on.
Speaker 3: Jop it by me.
Speaker 2: That was a cheap shot. Greg, I'm believing reminded my own business. I'm going to remember that number forty seven. Greg, Sandy fan, I guess so yeah, which guy? All right, Sandy, do you care or don't care to find out what the most expensive thing that's ever been.
Speaker 1: Built is the most expensive thing that's ever been.
Speaker 3: Ever been built.
Speaker 2: The estimated cost is more than one hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 3: It's something that's built that you can touch, well, you can't touch it. You have to go far away to touch it.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's the space station.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you've remembered what I tease.
Speaker 2: The International Space Station is the most expensive thing that's ever been built?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 3: One hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's more than the tash Mah million dollars. Wow.
Speaker 3: I know crazy.
Speaker 1: It looks awful. The decorating's terrible in there.
Speaker 2: It just feeling it together. Are you talking about the taj Maha or the International Space Station?
Speaker 1: International Space Station looks terrible and I feel.
Speaker 3: Like it's it looks like it's like a duct tape in some spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like there's nothing comfortable there.
Speaker 3: What do you mean smells like farts?
Speaker 1: They say that space smells like rotten eggs fartsw.
Speaker 2: Well, probably it's like the Mikey House. You're in there for ten minutes, you don't smell it.
Speaker 1: Weren't They offered a million dollars if someone could figure out how to get rid of the pooh.
Speaker 2: What to do with all the pooh that's collected it. They're surely they're not just g littering and throwing it out the window. All don't mess with Texas style, All right, Sandy, Because there's a toy in every happy meal. Would you like to know why that makes the McDonald's what it makes McDonald's the world's largest distributor of never mind, I just messed that up.
Speaker 1: Toys moving right along.
Speaker 2: But on a similar note, would you like to know, based on that information, what makes Lego the largest distributor of Legos no tires because in all their little kids, they put the little tires to make Lego cars. So Lego biggest tire distributor, McDonald's biggest toy stress.
Speaker 1: You know, Lego's a painful memory for me, I know, but you.
Speaker 2: Know what, people love them And I freaking watched Lego Masters hosted by Will Larnette.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. I got to set a Legos for my birthday on June the twenty eighth when I was eight years old, and my mom said, if I ever step on one of these, that all the Legos are gone. On June thirtieth, at twelve thirty pm, all my Legos were thrown away the trash.
Speaker 3: He had them for a day and a half.
Speaker 1: Yep day and a half.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Finally can't remember the nineteen sixties TV series Batman. Remember Robin His his little catchphrase is holly something. Yeah, would you like to know some information some facts about how many times Robin said holy something?
Speaker 3: In some of the phrases that.
Speaker 1: That he used. Yes, and I'd like to hear too.
Speaker 2: Okay, three hundred and fifty six different things did he add to the phrase holy, and they were Some of them included holy amadillo, holy hamburger, holy grammar, and holy unrefillable prescriptions.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think that's it.
Speaker 1: I used to love it when Batman and Robin were scaling the side of a building. Yeah, and you could tell all they did was turn the cameras.
Speaker 3: For the camera sideways. They were literally still standing on the ground exactly.
Speaker 1: That's carried out care sees. My name is Sandy Austin's Dighties Station one O three point one. Are you guys like me and just amazed when you read about a bank robbery and one happened in Round Rock? I guess they happened all the time, But to me, it's just like who still robs a bank? The Round Rock Police Department said it's searching for a person of interest in connection with a robbery that happened March twenty fourth. All right, so it's a little while ago. A person described as a white dude with tats on it the right side of his neck, right hand and left arm last scene wearing a black beanie, black shirt, black pants, and black shoes. I mean, this is just a walk in. I guess stick them up. Robbery of a bank in round Rocks. You know anything about it, I'm sure they'd love to hear from you. I'm just still amazed that someone walks into a bank and says, give me your money.