Speaker 1: Oh thats are hello, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: This is the Cult of Conspiracy and my name is Jonathan, I'm Jacob and Jacob. We're getting a little meta today, sir. I do, I do want you to know that, but we are going to bring in a lot of scientific things to this conversation, just for those left brain logical, you know, intellectual type of individuals. I understand, you know, sometimes you need a little science to back up some of these claims. And I think that that's perfectly logical to think that way. And you know, I tried getting Sean on for this show tonight. He wasn't able to. I was gonna try and make it like a cult ex meta kind of conversation, but he had some shit going on. That's totally fine. I'm still gonna bring the fucking meta hammer today. Okay, it's gonna get a little wild. I do want to say I'm under the weather. So if my voice sounds a little raspy or whatever, then just know, you know, I'm I'm I'm hammering through trying to trying to make it happen. But and that's why I figured, you know what, at least we can talk about a topic that I have a lot of research into. I have a pretty pretty good understanding of what's going on. And we're gonna get weird today, sir, are you I am? Okay? So first off, we are going to be going on near death experiences. This is something that has been a passion of mine to to research and to try and understand, and so we have plenty of articles today that we're going to be getting into. If you don't know what a near death experience is or an ND, it's basically somebody dies, you know, whether it's on you know, the the operating table or wherever. Most of them the ones that have been very well documented and and tried to poke and prod and and no it's not this, and no it's not that it is this. It is that whatever certain claims can always be made if if it's just you at your house, right, But whenever you're on an operating table, then there's a lot that's that's a that's a different story. Right.
Speaker 3: So when we say near death, do we mean somebody that was pronounced dead, flatlined and all these things and then woke up? Are you talking about somebody who who was in a coma and then woke up from that, Like when you say near death, to what level do we mean here?
Speaker 2: Well, let's get to it, because I've had people come and tell me that they've had a near death experience and then I hear what they actually experienced and it wasn't a near death. So whenever I say near death, that doesn't mean like you almost died. No, like you died and then you somehow, you know, maybe you were resuscitated or something caused you to come back into this reality. But for a moment, for a glitching time, you existed somewhere as something else. That's the best way I can put it. And I like doing these kind of shows for mainly I like doing it so that people can just stop being scared to die, like I'm not. I'm of course you want to try and you know, push and postpone that as far as you can. But you know, most people today, in this day and age, are doing everything to get by, and they're operating on fear. And that fear is like, well what if I die and not? You know what I mean, Like, it's always it's always something like they're they're operating out of fear, and I don't I don't like that because yes, death is unknown, uncharted territory, right, But at least I feel like these these stories, can you know, shed a little light on what may transpire once we die.
Speaker 3: I feel that, And I mean, aside from my own religious convictions being afraid of death, I understand people being afraid of how they're going to die. Right. Nobody wants it to be uh. Nobody wants to be slow and painful, right, nobody wants it to be some slow, agonizing months and years. And nobody wants to be burned alive. Nobody wants to drown to death. I'm like, the fear of how one is going to die, I completely get. I mean, I guess in some way I also have that. The fear of death, even as a youngster, has never made sense to me. It's like being afraid of taxes, like you're going to have to pay them regardless. Why are we afraid of them? It's inevitable exactly. And although and again religious dogma to the side. Here, aside from us not knowing what's on the other side, we have faith on what's on the other side, and some people have a conviction of knowing what's on the fine all the things I understand that. It's like, if anything, is the fear of the unknown, right, I think that could be the closest connection to this. But because it's an inevitable unknown, it's not like a fear of skydiving, and if you never experienced it, you don't know what it's about. But it's also the fear of the unknown. This is an unknown that no matter what you do and how you live and whatever, you're going to be confronted with it eventually. And I feel like that's people's biggest fear, is that because it is an inevitability and because there are so many unknowns around it, that's why they're scared. I don't know, but it's never really checked out to me, because it's like, if anything, shouldn't we just embrace it as a part of life. But I know I'm weird on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and everybody's different in regards to this. And look, I'm not trying to sit here and prove where we go when we die. This is not the point of this episode. It's to prove in my in the best way that I personally can what what caused me to come to the realization that we still exist once our bodies die is by reading thousands of near death experience stories. And now I'm not gonna lie. At first, I was trying to figure out what's the real truth, you know, or do we go to heaven? Do we go to hell? Do we go to somewhere else? Do we do we even go anywhere? Right? Just trying to figure it all out, And one thing persisted. I mean the stories vary, I mean they they vary from A to Z bro and all the way back to A.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to sit here and say that I know for a fact that everybody's going here. I'm not saying that, right, But one thing does persist, and that is that we go on like and that's the point that the entire point of this episode is just to prove that we do go on once the human body dies. And that might spount to me initially it was conspiratorial because you have your atheists out there that say, nah, definitely not right. Then you have you know, your religious people that out there like, well you do, but if you do this right, and if you don't, then you get that And maybe that's true, but you know, this is as you said, it's gonna be taken away from the dogma and just showing that you know, we do, you know, continue on. So now I find that to be awesome personally, No, just just to know that we do go on after this body, you know, expires, it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: I agree. I agree.
Speaker 2: So the first article we're going to be getting into today is Psychology Today, and this is one of two Psychology Today articles that we're gonna we're gonna be into. I actually have a story this gentleman that came on to the Meta Mysteries like dude, like a year ago, maybe longer. His name is David Ditchfield, and he talks about his near death experience and it is profound, and so I'm looking up information to try and present for the show today, and lo and fucking behold, Psychology Today wrote an article on him. I was like, oh my god, I had this guy on my show. I didn't know that he was famous. How about that?
Speaker 3: That's little shit?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah. So for the people that are unaware of what a near that near death experience is, this is where we're going. A near death experience is the conscious, semi conscious, or recollected experience of someone who is approaching or has temporarily begun the process of dying, for example, during a cardiac arrest that is followed by a resuscitation. People who who recall near death experiences have described perceiving a variety of surreal phenomena, such as seeing them from above or passing through a tunnel of light. Reports of these experiences sometimes include religious or spiritual interpretations, and a fuel debates about whether a person's conscious can persist after death. Some scientists dispute that NDEs reflect post mortem consciousness and have sought to explain them in terms of changes in brain function during the process of dying, as they would, right, right, and that's not it's not to take away from sciencests like their job is to try and understand how the brain is working physically. Right, So that being said, what are near death experiences? So, thanks to advanced medical care, it has become increasingly common for people on the verge of dying to be revived and returned to normal consciousness even after their body has begun to shut down. A subset of these people recall episodes from the period of time before they awoke that are often extraordinary and personally meaningful. The descriptions may include some details that are particular to the individual, such as seeing a family member, and others that appear in some version in many people's near death experience reports. So what does this say? So how is a near death experience defined? It says a near death experience is simply an experience that a person reports having had while in a physical state in which the risk of death was imminent. Commonly, the person's heart temporarily ceased to function at some point prior to recovery, as after a heart attack. Reports of NDEs can include images, sensations, and other conscious elements that are often vivid and striking. So what are the common elements of a near death experience? The nature of a near death experience varies from case to case, but some features have appeared in multiple reports. Feelings of peacefulness or serenity are typical in NDE accounts. They may also include vivid imagery such as a bright light, movement through a tunnel, or vision of events from one's past, also called a life review. Some NDEs include out of body experiences in which one feels removed from one's physical body, and some reports describe encounters with other beings such as loved ones or anonymous entities perceived as angels. For some, the different elements of a near death experience may unfold in a in sequence, For example, passage into darkness, followed by a sense of leaving one's body and seeing it from outside, and then then an apparent encounter with a mysterious being, ultimately ending with a return to regular consciousness. Okay, so there's a beginning, there's a middle, there's an end. That's basically what they're trying to say, right, So, what are some examples of near death experiences? This is just a short one, so says. In one reported near death experience, a man whose heart had stopped beating and who's shown no signs of brain activity was subsequently revived. Later, he recalled having a countered a compassionate being during the episode who gave him a feeling of warmth. In another case, a woman described a memory of floating above her body, looking down at the doctors who were treating her and listening to what they had said. So most people would see that and be like, all right, I mean, can you clarify that? Can you prove that you did it? The answer is yes, Okay, this is why I say the operating table ones are studied, I mean fucking six ways to Sunday, bro. And some people are left baffled, like I don't know what to do with this information, you know, like, how is it possible that this person died on the operating table and they were able to see exactly what procedure and what tools I was using. If I had a stain on my shirt, how would they able to see that they were dead. There's no way they could have saw that. And even from the angle where they laid, they couldn't have known that because their heads all the way back there's they didn't lift their head up to look, you know. And so that's the talking point is that they believe that like these people are literally somehow their consciousness whatever you want to call it, is floating above where their body is laying there and is able to perceive reality as if it's still going.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's pretty wild. So how common are and dees? This is interesting, it says. Estimates vary, with some suggesting that as many as ten to twenty percent of people who have been declared dead have had a near death experience. So ten to twenty percent of all people who have been declared dead have had an NDE. It says in one study of patients who had survived cardiac arrest, nine percent of survivors who nine percent of survivors.
Speaker 3: Who could be interviewed reported a nd Okay, So heart attack victims, it's.
Speaker 2: Not always heart attack. A lot of the time, it's it happens in the brain too. So I hear this injury or something.
Speaker 3: A heart attack would be considered in my opinion, inde, especially if it's a heart attack that goes to the point of them coding right. Sure, yeah, And if you're saying that nine percent, we can round that up to ten percent. I don't feel weird about saying that one out of every ten heart attack patients that survive the experience say that they saw something on the other side. So ten percent is pretty wild. So one out of every ten it's pretty hat your heart attacks alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty damn high, I would think, right, yeah. And also I wonder if you know people have them but then they forget, you know, kind of like a dream like they say that everybody dreams every night. I don't know if that's actually a fact or if that's a myth or.
Speaker 3: What but like most people do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like you know, how how often are you able to recount your dreams?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, because most of the time they're extremely different than what your reality is, right, and there's no place to compartmentalize that, So your brain's just I don't need that. There's nothing for me, there's nothing for me to gain from that. I think that that could be, you know, maybe those odds actually go up to fifteen or twenty percent, if that is you know, a case.
Speaker 3: Possibly, But okay, So of the people that have had indes, I will say that most people act like there's no way you can forget this. They can describe in very, very vivid detail, every aspect of their INDE. Right, And that being said, I wonder if there's something to do with how long they're out, Right, somebody who coded for five seconds as opposed to somebody who coded for five minutes, I feel like one would be I don't know, I don't know what the statistics are on this, to say that like one out of every ten heart attack patients or victims, whoever you want to call that has an NDE. Well, is that that one out of every ten codes for eight minutes? And like there's eight minutes of no oxygen genated blood going to the brain, and like this was their response, and they did wake up. Like I wonder what kind of nuances we're looking at here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure if it matters how long you're out, just as long as you are out. It's almost like, I mean, and I'm gonna bring it up, but like, uh fuck, what was it called d MT?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: DMT only lasts like a minute, two minutes, three minutes, depends on the person, right, But it feels like a fucking eternity, bro, like any literal eternity.
Speaker 3: So I mean, shit, I was there for both of your big trips. One of them lasted four.
Speaker 2: Like three minutes, was the second one. I think I allot to say one was like four minutes, the other, like they were both sub five minutes, like real shit, right right, And and but in that short amount of time, I was able to bring back so many things that happened, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: To that point, the first go round, when it was what would be considered a normal nose, you felt like you were only gone for a few minutes, and you were only going for a few minutes. The second time, You're only going for a few minutes, but you had a much different experience and it felt a lot longer.
Speaker 2: Right right, Well, I mean, hey, you know, whenever, whenever you're not having a good time, things tend to stretch out a little bit, you.
Speaker 3: Know, exactly. Time is relative, right, So I'm wondering if it's the same in the NDE world as well. I don't know, but that would stand a reason.
Speaker 2: I'll give you an example. So I the the most, the most amount of dreams that I'm able to recall is not necessarily from a night's sleep. It's usually from a nap. And normally I'll nap for fifteen, twenty minutes, thirty minutes, just a little kiddy cat nap, just to get me through the day, you know what I mean, especially if you got a headache or something. You just want to rest your eyes for a little bit. And there's been times where I've laid down for ten minutes and I woke up and I thought that I I thought that I slept for eight hours because of the amount of dreams that I had, And it just doesn't make sense, you know. So I think that in this realm of the mind. Time is a non factor, or at least it's just vastly different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, time works differently here kind of.
Speaker 2: Thing, right, right, So this is continuing on the Psychology Today article The meaning of NDEs. It says, given the remarkable stories of those who have near death experiences and a general curiosity about the nature of death and what does or doesn't follow it, NDEs have invited a variety of interpretations. Some find spiritual validation in the mysterious accounts of what may seem like a brush with the afterlife. Skeptics of that viewpoint instead to They point instead to potential brain based reasons for such vivid experiences. And of course, individuals who have survived in near death's state grapple with the meaning of their own experiences, and some report positive changes in their outlook on life and death. No matter the ultimate explanation for NDEs, experts encourage those close to these individuals to allow them to talk about these potentially impactful experiences and to respond non judgmentally. So, how how do people how do people who have near death experiences interpret them? So, people who who have near death experiences may find religious significance in what they remember they might. They might conclude, for example, that an out of body experience in the sense of movement toward light represented their soul departing for heaven, or that they interacted with an angel or God. These details of these interpretations seem to vary based on a person's religious background. For more broadly, people who have a NDE may feel that they have encountered something divine, a glimpse of the afterlife, or some other truth beyond the realm of normal.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that checks out to me too, I get this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's your experience. It's up to the interpreter, you know.
Speaker 3: I've heard people wake up from Indie saying that they peered into hell, like true hell, and they get they wake up and they decide they are going to become a church goer and they're changed their life. Oh yeah, I've heard personally somebody that I know who saw the other side and there was nothing but black like it. It's nothing on the other side for him, So he's changed literally nothing about his life. I mean, it runs the gambit for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, everybody's so different, dude. I heard one like one of the craziest near death experiences that I heard was from like this little girl. It was like, I don't know, twenty years ago or something like that, and she's talking about how she went to Hell and she saw that Michael Jackson was there. Ah shit, I mean so it's.
Speaker 3: Also feel like most Disney adults go there too.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Yeah, my point is is that that's how wide ranging the possibilities are with the near death experience. Ye and probably similarly to like a DMT trip, very wide ranging, you know, say, yeah, with a dream whatever. Right, So our near death experience is proof of life after death? Okay, So while many people interpret vivid near death experiences as evidence that he since consciousness or soul continues to exist after death, from a scientific perspective, i NDEs do not prove that life continues after death. While NDEs are not fully understood, various potential explanations do not involve a disembodied consciousness have been explored. That being said, I mean, science can't prove one way or another a soul, a consciousness or whatever. Right, Like, they have a hard time with that.
Speaker 3: They've done the experiment with the weight, right, and after a person dies they get a few ounces lighter, and like that is a measurable thing. And they have said they've speculated that that is the soul leaving the body, right, So like they they think that the soul is at least quantifiable in that way. But I mean, who's to say that your ethereal self actually has a mass associated with it? Right there? They're they're grasping its straws, trying to find some way to quantify the unquantifiable.
Speaker 2: Right right, How do you measure what is immeasurable? Exactly exactly? So? So how do scientists explain near death experiences? So? And this is not an across the board understanding, it's just this says. Multiple hypotheses have been proposed, with some bearing on particular elements of near death experiences. For example, out of body experiences in NDEs may be accounted for by the disruption of the temporal parietal region key to the sense of embodiment as the brain approaches death, and some have suggested that the tunnel imagery of many NDEs is due to the effect of slowed down blood flow on the retinas. However, the neurological basis of NDEs is not yet fully understood, and some researchers are open to alternative accounts that go beyond brain activity. That's what I'm interested in it because to say that you know your soul or your consciousness solely resides in your brain, that doesn't sound right. I what do you think?
Speaker 3: So? I also believe that soul and consciousness are two different things. Okay this before right? So sentience consciousness and your spirit or your ether or your whatever, your soul. I think these are three completely different things, right. I think that your sentience and consciousness both reside in your brain. I just Jacob speaking on behalf of Jacob. I believe that your soul resides in the entirety of you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So like whenever you.
Speaker 3: Say, like trust your gut, you got that gut feeling, or a heartbreak, it actually physically hurts in your chest even though your heart is fine, right, Like you're you're physically okay, but you feel actual pain in your rib cage, in your chest right, or when you have such agony that your brain goes into a fog. I am of the belief that you're so resides in the entirety of you, in your body and in your mind. I think that your soul has to connect it all otherwise it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: That's just me, okay, yeah, I mean that's that's a thought for sure. I personally, you know what, I'm gonna save my opinion for later because I want to, you know, read all this and better understand it my own self. So the next question is is do hallucinogenic chemicals like DMT explain near death experiences. So one hypothesized explanation for near death experiences is that the body releases the hallucination inducing chemicals such as dimethyl trip tomine or DMT when it is near death, but this has yet to be established. There are similarities between experiences caused by hallucinogens and near death experiences. However, there is evidence that ketamine has effects that are more similar to NDEs than the effects of d MT. I wouldn't expect.
Speaker 3: That, ah, I don't know, dude. I know people that have experienced ketamine k holes, and right right right, I'm just I've never experienced ketamine or pure DMT. I should say that this is strictly speaking from ignorance, but from the outside looking in you getting lost in a K hole versus you having a very deep DMT trip for five minutes. I feel like we're having two different conversations. At the end of that. I know people that have got lost in k holes at raves and shit, and I know people that have tripped balls on DMT at raves. They have very very different reports at the end of it. So to say that these are comparable, I feel like that's trying to compare getting high to getting drunk, Like it's not the same conversation we're having. And I'm not saying one is necessarily better or necessarily worse. I'm saying it's very different.
Speaker 2: There is a lot of positivity out of people that are getting ketamine treatment. I think they're using it more now for like depression and what is it called, dudes do PTSD.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, But I've also seen dudes do AAHUASCAR retreats and DMT treatments for their PTSD as well. And that's the thing. PTSD is not like a one size fits all thing. What was so traumatic to one guy to give him post traumatic stress versus what was so traumatic to this other guy. It could be very different things. It could be the exact same experience, but they their bodies and their brains reverted in very different ways. So it's That's what I mean. Like, as far as medical practice goes, sometimes DMT is the cure. Sometimes ketamine sometimes just like talking about it and there's no one size fits all. Yeah, but again it's comparing ketamine to DMT. That is quite a claim.
Speaker 2: I've done both.
Speaker 3: I only do you done ketmine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just one time, and it wasn't a lot, Like I'm just out of curiosity more than anything, because I knew that it had like psychedelica. I'm I'm always down to try something psychedelic, not acid, not doing acid, but mushrooms, d MT four aco five me e o, shit like that. I'm down for that being said. I did. I did try ketamine, And to be honest, bro, I just looked over to Homie and I was like, he was like, what do you think. I'm not gonna call him out. He was like, what do you think? And I was like, Bro, honestly, I just feel fucking retarded. Like I feel like I feel like I got dumber. That's what I like. My brain wasn't working. I didn't necessarily feel an extreme intense sense of calm, nothing like that. But I don't maybe I didn't do enough. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I've I've heard that though, right, And that's the thing. You get somebody who's got like, uh, not eighty HD, but like somebody who literally their brain is on six different levels at any given point, right, and their their their brain never stops running. They got this going on, da da da da da da da da da da, and it's all NonStop. Ketamine can be used to kind of like tone that down of it and get them singled not tunnel vision. They can focus not like it's not like it's aderall, but it like it shuts off the excess and then they kind of dumbs them down for lack of better words right now. I've also heard people that were already not gonna call names, but they were already not firing on all cylinders if you catch my drift, uh, and then they tried ketamine and they just got like retarded off of it. Then on the other side, you get the person that's brain never stops firing and they're going crazy. They tried DMT. It's even more so you get the person that's kind of not firing on all the cylinders on DMT, all of a sudden, they're like firing on all cylinders. It's like the limitless drug for them, and like, what the fuck this is? This is how people think normally, and it's like, I mean not really, but like okay.
Speaker 2: Well and this is you know. I did multiple episodes on researching DMT and DMTX over in London with the continuous drip for an hour. I really wanted to try and understand that a little bit better supply quote unquote mapping the DMT realm and I did that on Meta a few months back and it was fascinating. There are like a lot of crazy like realizations that they were able to come to. But I don't know. I'm yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with this kind of me now. I am saying that out of a point of ignorance. I've only ever tried it once and it probably wasn't even enough, so don't take my word for that. Fair Fair that being said, it says, how are people affected by near death experiences? This is the most profound thing because it's one thing to say that, you know, a dream made you change your life. Not many people are saying that, you know, but a near death experience, people's lives are turned upside down. Usually for the better. So near death experiences can leave a lasting impression on the person who has survived. Among the transformative effects described by those who had NDEs are an increased sense of purpose and appreciation and a reduced fee of death. If that's all that happens, that's what a blessing, bro right, you know what I mean. So it says a person may report becoming more open and loving in the aftermath of an NDE, and in some cases, the person may perceive that they have gained intuitive abilities, such as seeming to know what someone is thinking or feeling. So telekinesis, well, telepathy, not telekenes excuse me, telecanes moving shit, my bad. So somebody comes out of a near death experience and they get like telepathy. I mean, that's what some people say.
Speaker 3: I have never heard one of these claims. Okay, let's go there.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's psychology today right there. That's a mainstream science article right there, you know.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So and so that's just the first article. I really just wanted to pull that one up so that so that, you know, kind of lay the foundation, lay the groundwork a little bit. Another article I wanted to get into as far as laying the scientific groundwork is from science inculture dot com. Never visited this website, don't know how awesome it is or not, but this article seemed very interesting. So this was an article written on June eleventh of this year, so pretty interesting. So it's always evolving, that's what I like about it, it says. A recent article on BBC Science Focus provides a revealing glimpse into the way that the study of near death experiences has been changing. When neuroscientists Mario Beauregard and I wrote The Spiritual Brain, which I guess was a book or an article or something like that in two thousand and seven, treating NDEs as scientifically researchable generally meant debunking them. For example, in nineteen ninety nine, British psychologist Susan Blackmore discounted the idea that they were life changing. In her quotes, the limited evidence available suggests that this change is a function of simply facing up to death, not having not of having a near death experience. But when endears behave altruistically, this helps read their nd memes, so that ninety nine memes, that's what she said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow.
Speaker 2: Canadian science journalist Jay Ingram noted in two thousand and five that the idea that NDEs might be genuine experiences is end quotes repellent to many Jesus dude brutal uh Yale University psychologist Paul Bloom, author of a number of books, probably spoke for the majority when he said in two thousand and six in his quote, if what you mean by soul is something immaterial and immortal, something that exists independently of the brain, then souls do not exist. This is old hat for most psychologists and philosophers, the stuff of introductory lecturers. So talking all kinds of shit on the soul and consciousness, whatever you want to call it, right, this is what.
Speaker 3: This is an old hat for entry level psychologists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically just saying it's like low hanging fruit and it's easily debuncable.
Speaker 3: I will have to respectfully disagree on that point and again take away religious dogma here. But most psychologists that I know, and I know a good number of them, are religious individuals themselves. So to say that, oh, any real psychologist knows that the soul is a mental construct, like, I'm sorry, the data proves that that is inaccurate.
Speaker 2: My boy, Any Harvard professor with his salts knows this.
Speaker 3: Good God to tell me you're a pompous asshole without telling me you're a pampas asshole. Well, that's academia, right, And we've talked to shit on academia for how many years now, And because it's you know, go with the status quo, and if you decide to go against the status quote, you're no longer in that group.
Speaker 2: And so a lot of them don't ever step outside the line. So this guy right here, well, these people right here that were saying that the British psychologists and the Yale University psychologists, both of them were probably just in lockstep with whatever the understood literature of the time was.
Speaker 3: Fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, however it says that it didn't age. Well, it says our book was one of It was one of a growing number of exceptions, not in the sense that we were boosters, but in the sense that we were writing for those who are prepared to consider the possibility that there might be an authentic evidence, there might be authentic evidence of the survival of the human mind at death. Since then, a steady stream of corroborative research means that the facile explain aways that worked so well thirty years ago are no longer suffice. Thus we come to cognitive neuroscience neuroscientists Christian Jared's recent article, which offers a more neutral approach than in the past. This is his quote. They leave their bodies, witness a bright light, and return forever changed. But do survivors of near death experiencers or of near death experiences truly glimpse into the great beyond? New research into the brain's final moments could decode these visions at life's edge. So you know, that's at least a step in the positive direction towards saying that these people aren't crazy.
Speaker 3: You know, right.
Speaker 2: It says the hope of fully naturalizing ends remains. That's a given. But in this and many articles like it, the dismissive just you wait tone that we that we used to see so much of is gone. Another quote here, It says there are plenty of documented NDEs, and many continue to baffle scientists and raise perplexing questions about the nature of consciousness and life itself. Should we believe them all? My reaction, my reaction has always been skepticism tinged with wonder. It's hard to listen to accounts of people who've had these experiences and not be moved. Bro, I'm telling you, it's one thing to read it, and I don't have any you know, videos of people recounting it, you know, in their own words and their voice and everything. I really hope after today's episode people go into a rabbit hole on YouTube, on TikTok whatever and just listen to people talk about their experience, and I promise you it will shake the foundation of whatever you are. Like it is. It's profound. And you know that they're not bullshitting because you can see the tears in the eyes, you can see the body just tensing up whenever they're going through detail. And I mean just the tone and their voice about you know, in compare it to you know, what was their tone and their voice before they had the NDE. And it's crazy, dude. It's a night and day change. Yeah. And so it says should we believe them all? Of course, we needn't believe anything that we find unbelievable. A better question might be, at what point could an agenda get in the way of our understanding? If our grounds for disbelief amount to nothing more than science. Means that the mind is merely what the brain does. Then we should check out the history of efforts to defend current science in the face of challenging new information, beginning with Thomas Kuhne's Structure of Scientific Revolutions, which was written in nineteen sixty two. Jarrett that Christian Jarrett that we were talking about earlier. I think he was a psychologist. What was he cognitive neuroscience or neurosciences. He offers the suggestion that the ND is simply the behavior of a dying brain, he goes. In fact, some neuroscientists argue that many of these powerful subjective experiences can be attributed to intense neurobiological changes occurring as the brain approaches death, and they have the research to support this claim. In twenty twenty four, researchers at the University of Michigan published groundbreaking findings from their analysis of brain recordings from four dying patients. The patients were on life support and their brain activity was recorded by electro Ncephalogram EEG, which tracks electrical activity in the brain via electrodes placed on the scalp. Led by doctor Gimo Borjin, the team made the remarkable observation that two of the patients exhibited a surge of brain activity shortly after their relatives had agreed to the removal of life support. So a surge in brain activity once they took them off life support.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Previously, this kind of end of life surge in brain activity had only been witnessed in studies with rats, but here was the first evidence that it might occur in humans too. This was a quote from the Reassuring Science. So it says, so does that final surge of brain activation explain everything we need to know about NDEs? It says, hold the AHAs for a moment. As Jarrett reports, the surge, the researchers noted was consistent with patterns and regions associated with consciousness. For example, the prefrontal cortex, which is thought to be involved in consciousness, showed heightened connectivity. But the Big Consciousness study comparison that wrapped up recently did not find that the prefrontal cortex plays as much of a role as is usually assumed. A bigger problem is that, as doctor Charlotte Marshall noted, none of these patients in the study survived, so we don't know if they had NDEs. Just what the surge signifies is still still to be determined. Good point, Okay, And that's the that's the problem with these things is that you're You're never gonna be sitting around waiting for somebody to have an NDE. You know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, nobody knows the time or the hour, as they say right in the Bible or some shit like that. It's like, you don't know the minute that you're going to die. Nobody.
Speaker 3: I don't want to, good God, that would be terrifying. Bro.
Speaker 2: I've had like psychics on the show and they're like, you want to know when you're gonna die. I'm like, fuck you, No, I don't want to know that. I'm good. I don't want to know the year. I don't want to know the decade.
Speaker 3: No. I I want no part in understanding any of that. Thank you. I would like to live every single day it is my last on earth, give it one hundred percent of everything I got. And at the end of the day, if I lay down at night and I can think, you know what, I truly know I gave one hundred and ten percent of myself to today, then fucking Gucci right that that's where I'm at I am good God, I'm not trying to find any of that shit out.
Speaker 2: Hell no, I don't need that in my life. Got enough stresses as it is.
Speaker 3: Bro Now today, Satan, not to today.
Speaker 2: Back the fuck up, Satan. All right, nobody asked you, so, it says, then, of course there's a question of this is interesting what they call vertical near death experiences. But it's ve or verit vertical v e r I verritical vertical Is that what you'd say that, huh vertical? It's v e r I d I c A L My first time ever seeing that word. Anyway, the question of verritical near death experiences, which is, experiencers may see things that they should not be able to, things that can be corroborated later. For example, sample Michael Egnoor and I note in our just published book The Immortal Mind, how psychiatrist Bruce Grayson first became interested in the study of ndees. This is fucking fascinating. Okay, this Whenever I hear shit like this, it's like, Okay, it's there's no way, It's just what the brain does. There's no way. Bruce Grayson, author of the book called After, was an agnostic psychiatrist decades ago skeptical that the mind could be detached from the brain, but then a young woman rescued from suicide told him that she had seen a spaghetti stain on his tie during an out of body experience. There was indeed such a stain, and he had gone to some trouble to conceal it from colleagues. Brains are just don't account for people knowing information that they should not have access to under normal or under natural circumstances. It's early days yet in the study of near death experiences, but we are seeing growth and genuine curiosity, which is a welcome change and likely to be a fruitful one. So that that example, this girl was trying to kill herself, right, Yeah, she was laying there on the table, Bruce Grayson, I guess was there to try and you know, bring her back to life or to keep her from dying. She ended up flat lining for a little bit. I don't know if we have that story pulled up, but I read it she ended up flat lining for a little bit. She had this whole out of body experience to where she's not in her body anymore. She's like fucking floating at the top of the ceiling, right by the by by the lights and shit, and she's able to see him, see the procedures that he's doing, and she's able to notice that he had a stain on his shirt something that he was trying to cover up this whole time, right like on the lab coat or something, and she shouldn't have had access to be able to see that.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: There's no way she could have known that.
Speaker 3: And we've talked about that before, right, people that have had in these but they like agreed to be a part of this study if they did come back kind of thing, there was like a shell with different cards on it or something that they wouldn't have known the order of the cards unless they had some sort of an edy NDE and they were able to come back and talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's I don't. I don't. It's unexplainable, seemingly. Yeah, so I did want to. I do have a couple of stories that we're gonna read today. I'm gonna spread them out, so I'm not reading back to back to back stories. We're gonna be thilling them in. But this seems to be the craziest nd ever documented. And oh, shit, yes, all right, this is that the story that we were just talking about with the spaghetti stain. That's this story.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go they I had.
Speaker 2: This one pulled up. So this is Pam Reynolds. I think she was like a fucking actor or something. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: She was an American singer songwriter from Atlanta, Georgia. Pam Reynolds. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Let's see what she was in. So Pam Reynolds music. Pam Reynolds did, she was a singer songwriter. Doesn't say what.
Speaker 3: I mean to say that you're a singer songwriter, Like, I know, that sounds impressive, big dog. I met a guy at the airport one time. He was a bartender at the airport and we were just, you know, started bullshitting about music or whatever, and he wouldn't stop talking about how impressed he was by Miley Cyrus. And this is back when she was doing Wrecking Ball, right, it was around that timeframe. He's like, well, listen, I mean, I'm a singer songwriter myself, so I would know and this and this and this. I'm like, oh, you're a bartender at the airport, so like word word Okay.
Speaker 2: Somebody's saying that they're like a podcaster. It's like that's a wide ranging thing that you could be doing right there.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm saying the levels of success are kind of broad here, my guy, right right.
Speaker 2: So anyhow, this is the woman Pam Reynolds. It says Pam Reynolds. She uh. She died in twenty ten, but she was an American singer songwriter from Atlanta, Georgia, whose near death experience is one of the most frequently cited in the literature. The experience seemingly occurred during a complete shutdown of her brain and body functions that had been instigated purposely to allow delicate surgery on a brain aneurysm. It included accurate views of the operating room and equipment, hyper awareness, visions of light, and interactions with deceased relatives. Her case is regarded by many as convincing evidence of survival, since her vital signs were monitored continuously, providing a certainty that she was clinically dead at the time. Okay, so she got.
Speaker 3: Put into a medically induced coma so that they could do surgery on her, and something either a went wrong during surgery or maybe the anesthesiologist kind of pumped her full of drugs a little too much, and she was pronounced dead and then came back, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: So there's the investigation in publication, it says. In nineteen ninety four, Michael Sabaam, a cardiologist in Atlanta, launched a study on the relationship between NDEs and spiritual beliefs. He interviewed one hundred and sixty people, mostly patients of his clinic, finding that forty seven of them spoke of having such an experience. According to criteria identified by NDE researcher Bruce Grayson, Pam Reynolds was Her case was one of several summarized by Sabam in his book called Light and Death. Reynolds has described her case in a BBC documentary. Sabam first interviewed Reynolds in November of nineteen ninety four. So this is an older story, right, yeah. Hearing that she knew details of the operating room that she could have only seen while deeply unconscious, he contacted the medical staff and took other steps to try to verify them. So let's get to the actual experience here. In nineteen ninety one, she was thirty five Reynolds experienced symptoms of dizziness, loss of speech, and difficulty moving her body. A CT scan revealed a giant aneurysm at the base of her brain. The neurologists to whom she was referred predicted little or no chance of survival because of its size and location. Regular neurosurgical techniques to excize it would not work. She was then referred to doctor Robert Speltzer in Phoenix, Arizona, who had pioneered a surgical procedure, hypothermic cardiac arrest, that would make the aneurism operable. This involved cooling the patient's body to sixty degrees fahrenheit, stopping the heartbeat and breathing, and draining all blood from the brain. More than twenty doctors, nurses, and technicians took part. The operation required reynolds vital signs and body temperature to be very closely monitored by multiple instruments placed in various locations on and within her body. Molded speakers were placed in her ears, producing clicks at regular intervals so that other instruments could detect her brain's reactions to them. Reynolds was awake when she was brought into the operating root At the operating room at seven fifteen am, she felt a end quote's loss of time and blanked out as the general anesthesia took effect. Then she became aware of a musical tone that seemed to pull, a musical tone that seemed to pull her out of the top of her head. She goes, this is her quote. I think, the further out of my body I got, the more clear the tone became. I had the impression it was like a road, a frequency that you go on. I remember seeing several things in the operating In the operating room when I was looking down, it was the most aware that I think I have ever been in my entire life. It was brighter and more focused and clearer than normal vision. There was so much in the operating room that I didn't recognize, and in so many people. She recalled being surprised that the team had only partially shaved her head. She also recalled seeing the bone sauce that the bone saw that spelt he used to xcise a section of her skull. She goes, the saw thing looked like an electric toothbrush, and it had a dent in it. The groove of the top where the saw appeared to go into the handle, but it didn't. And the saw had interchangeable blades too, but these blades were in what looked like a socket wrench case. I heard the saw crank up, so it says that she found this sound unpleasant. Obviously, they're about to fucking cut her skull open. Sure, and someone said something about my veins and arteries being very small, Reynolds recalled, adding that it was a female voice. At this stage in the operation, a female cardiac surgeon, having determined that the arteries in Reynolds's right leg were too small to handle the degree of blood flow required the heart lung machine required by the heart lung machine, opened the left leg as well. Speltzer assessed that the aneurism, assessed the aneurysm, and ordered hypothermic cardiac arrests to be performed, Commencing at ten fifteen am, blood was removed via tubes from the femoral arteries and veins, chilled in reservoir cylinders, and returned to her body. As Reynolds's core temperature fell, her heart beat changed to change to fibrillation, then stopped entirely. Her brain waves flattened, then as her core temperature reached sixty, the brain stem shut down. By standard definitions, she was clinically dead at at eleven twenty five, the heart lung machine was turned off, the operating table was tilted, and blood was drained from her body. The sack of the aneurysm, was now empty, was easily excised, so the heart lung machine was then reactivated and warmed blood reinfused into reynolds circulatory system. The brain stem slowly began showing activity again, then her higher brain also. As the warming process continued. At noon, it became apparent that her heart would not resume beating by warming alone, so electrical jolts from a defibrillator were used to shock it into starting. Having been clinically dead for about an hour, Reynolds was returned to the recovery room in a stable condition at two ten pm for a fucking hour.
Speaker 3: Bro. Yeah, I want to sound like that guy.
Speaker 2: Here, be that guy. That's okay.
Speaker 3: This was done on purpose because they couldn't get the surgery to be completed while she was still alive. Yes, it was purpose, yeah, right, right, So she wasn't just medically in a coma. She was medically her life was ended by definition for an hour. But even still, it's not like they pulled the plug, decided we can't save this patient walked out of the room, and all of a sudden she woke up like this was all for a purpose, right?
Speaker 2: Her body didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you know so.
Speaker 2: I mean, so according to her, her body thought that she was dead. Her heart wasn't beating, her lungs weren't pumping. I mean, by all accounts, she was dead. And if they hadn't finished the operation and they would have just left her, she would have been dead. Right, that's fair? Yeah, So where was I? So? As cited by Sabam, which I think was the doctor. Reynolds's next recollections fall between the mention of her arteries being too small and the time that Speltzer's younger assistants were closing her incisions. This is her recount of it. There was a sensation like being pulled, but not against your will. I was going on my own accord because I wanted to go. I have different metaphors to try and explain this. It was like the Wizard of Oz being taken up in a tornado vortex, only you're not spinning around like you got vertigo. You're very focused and you have a place to go. The feeling was like going up in an elevator really fast, and there was a sensation, but it wasn't a bodily physical sensation. It was like a tunnel, but it wasn't a tunnel. At some point, very early in the tunnel vortex, I became aware of my grandmother calling me, but I didn't hear her call me with my ears. It was a clearer hearing than with my ears. I trust that sense more than I trust my own ears. The feeling that was that she wanted me to come to her, so I continued with no fear down the shaft. It's a dark shaft that I went through, and at the very end there was this very little, tiny pinpoint of light that kept on getting bigger and bigger and bigger. The light was incredibly, incredibly bright, like sitting in the middle, like sitting in the middle of a light bulb. It was so bright that I put my hands in front of my face, fully expecting to see them, and I could not, but I knew that they were there, not from a sense of touch. Again, it's terribly hard to explain, but I knew that they were there. I noticed that as I began to discern different figures in the light, and they were all covered with light. They were light and had light permeating all around them that began to form shapes I could recognize and understand. I could see that one of them was my grandmother. I didn't know if it was reality or projection, but I would know my grandmother the sound of her anytime anywhere. Everyone I saw, looking back on it fit perfectly into my understanding of what that person looked like at their best during their lives. I recognized a lot of people. My uncle Jean was there, so was my great great aunt Maggie, who was really a cousin on Papa's side of the family. My grandfather was there. They were specifically taking care of me and looking after me. They would not permit me to go any further. It was communicated to me, that's the best way I know how to say it, because they didn't speak like I'm speaking, that if I went all the way into the light, something would happen to me physically. They would be unable to put me. They would be they would be unable to put this. This me back into the body, into the body me. Okay, So the me that she's referring to is like her soul, her consciousness whatever. Right, if she went all the way into the light, there was no fixing it. So they were trying to prevent her from going all the way, like I had gone too far and they couldn't reconnect, so they wouldn't let me go anywhere or do anything. Then they were feeding me.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: They were not doing this through my mouth like with food, but they were nourishing me with something. The only way I know how to put this is something spark sparkles is the image that I get. I definitely recall the sensation of being nurtured and being fed and being made strong. I know this sounds funny because obviously it wasn't a physical thing, but inside the experience I felt physically strong, ready for whatever. My grandmother didn't take me back through the tunnel or even send me back or asked me to go. She just looked up at me. I expected to go with her, but it was communicated to me that she just didn't think that she would. It was communicated to me that she just didn't think that she would do that okay. My uncle said that he would do it. He's the one who took me back through the end of the tunnel and everything was fine. I did want to go, but then I got to the end of it and saw the thing my body. I didn't want to get back into it. It looked terrible, like a train wreck. It looked like it was dead. I believe it was covered. It scared me, and I didn't want to look at it. It was communicated to me that it was like jumping into a swimming pool. No problem, just jump right into the swimming pool. I didn't want to, but I guess I was late or something because he, my uncle, pushed me. I thought a definitive or a definite repelling and at the same time a polling from the body. The body was pulling and the tunnel was pushing. It was like diving into a pool of ice water. It hurt. The assistance finished the operation to the sound of rock music, and Reynolds recalled it, said, she goes. They were playing Hotel California and the line was you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
Speaker 3: I had a feeling that was gonna be the line.
Speaker 2: Interesting. That's funny. I mentioned later to doctor Brown that that was incredibly insensitive, and he told me that I needed to sleep more. When I regained consciousness, I was still on the respirator. Either, that is coincidental. It has to be coincidental, right, I don't.
Speaker 3: Thieve coincidences though.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying that. I can't believe. I wouldn't believe that, like the doctors would be purposely playing that at that moment, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've heard of doctors that played music during surgery, and typically it's like, you know, non non lyrical music or classical or something like that, because they like it's it's the same as like working a job. You know, some people work better with a little music in the background or whatever. Hotel California, maybe he just had like an old rock mix or something that's what he works best to or whatever. But like, again, yeah, that's uh, that's kind of crazy that that was the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty, I mean, you know, whatever you want to make of that.
Speaker 3: It says.
Speaker 2: As measured by the Grayson NDE scale, Reynolds NDE was particularly deep. The maximum score possible is thirty is thirty two. The average score among Grayson's subjects at the time of Sabam's writing was fifteen. That was the average score is fifteen, and the average among the subjects in Sabam's study was thirteen point three. Reynolds scored a twenty seven. So that's according to the nd East scale. Maybe we'll look that up here a little bit. Okay, After her experience, Reynolds law all fear of death. She said, as quoted in a MSNBC broadcast. This is her quote. If death is the worst thing that happens to us, what an incredible thing. If at the end of our lives, this is what's going to happen to everyone. I don't see a problem. I really don't get it. I fear pained, but I don't fear death. So pam Ronold's fully recovered from the operation and lived a healthy life until twenty ten, when she died at the age of fifty three of heart failure. Still young.
Speaker 3: God damn dude, going through some shit, bro, I guess. So, I don't know what caused the heart failure, but like, damn, fifty three is not old. Granted, I don't plan on living past fifty, but like to hear that you already have one nbe and then to die of fifty three.
Speaker 2: When did the surgery take place sixteen years prior to her death? Okay, so she still lived a while after that? Yeah yeah, yeah, So it says there are verifications. It says having examined the operative report and interviewing interviewed Speltzer, which was the doctor, Subam determined, Oh, Subam is the interviewer. Speltzer was the doctor. Okay. So Sabam determined that Reynolds's experience could not have been the result of a temporal lobe seizure, as no such seizure had been recorded. The report referred to a female doctor referring to the small blood vessels, apparently confirming Reynolds's memory of having heard the comment. Significantly, Reynolds could not have heard the comment normally, as by this time her ears had been stopped up by the molded speakers that were generating loud clicks. Sabam also learned that the comment was made at about the same time that the saw started up. Holy shit. So Sabam was unfamiliar with the bone saw used in the operation, it was not in a position to confirm Reynolds's description of it, resembling an electric tutebush and its case resembling a socket wrench case. He contacted the manufacturer, who sent pictures of him of both. The resemblance was clear, so she described it perfectly. I guess yeah, it says. There was media coverage, so Reynolds's NDE eventually became the subject of multiple television news segments and newspaper articles. On the radio show Coast to Coast AM, which focuses on unexplained phenomena, show host Art mel rip to a Real One conducted an in depth ninety minute interview with her in two thousand and two. A two thousand and nine segment from National Public Radio includes a short clip from a rock song Reynolds wrote based on her experience. A few days before her death, Reynolds gave more details of the experience in an interview transcribed by Oh what is that word? Anesthesis? There we go and an NDE skeptic GM Worley. So there were criticisms, all right, Well, let's hear the criticisms. I mean, hey, we're just trying to search the search for the truth, it says. In two thousand and seven, the Journal of Near Studies published three papers by philosopher Keith Augustine questioning the validity of ndees with claimed verdict veritical memories and dismissing them as fantastical. The issue included responses by NDE scholars such as Sabam, Grayson, Kenneth Ring, and Raymond Moody. That's a name everybody should look up if you're interested in ndaes is Raymond Moody.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: The debate continued in the following year and restarted in twenty eleven with a critical paper in the same journal by Warley. He contends that Reynolds retained sufficient conscious awareness, even under anesthesia, to hear the sound of the saw, the cardiac surgeon's comments about blood vessel size, and the song Hotel, California. Alternatively, he speculates the sound of the saw could have reverberated through her skull and she might have guessed the blood vessel comments as she was aware that she had small blood vessels. Countering this, according to Sabam, the technologists who inserted the speakers pointed uh pointed out that the tape and gauze used to keep them in place covered the entire ear in ear entrance, making normal hearing of an operation room conversation impossible, So Augustine argues that Reynolds's visual recall of the bon saw is confused on one point and therefore likely incorrect. He suggests that she may have guessed what it looked like from the experience with Detchil drills. He posits that her out of body experience began and ended before the period of cardiac arrest commenced, and therefore she could have she still could have been slightly conscious and able to physically perceive aspects of the operating room. He argues that her memories might have become contaminated with with such knowledge of such details gained during the three years that it lasts between the experience. In her first interview with Sabam, so Sabam counters that while Augustine is correct with regard to the to the moment when the out of body experience commenced, that when the saw started up, Reynolds herself identified its conclusion as the operation being brought to a close by the assistance during the playing of Hotel California, confirming that it was underway during the time of cardiac arrests. With regard to the point about her allegedly confused memory of the saw. Parapsychologist Charles Tart counters that a minor error in recall of an unfamiliar instrument is not submit is not sufficient to dismiss her memory of having seen it as having never occurred. With respect to the three three year delay, Tart points to statistical evidence that memories of NDEs tend to remain consistent over time. The account Reynolds gave in her final interview suggests that the first verifications of her outer body memories were actually provided by the medical staff very soon afterward. This is where it's more fascinating, whenever you can get verifiable shit from the people that were actually there, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But they're saying that her story has changed over time.
Speaker 2: Well, they're saying that her memory may have changed over time, but her recounts of what actually happened whenever not in the operating room. You know, you're not going to forget that. I think that was the point. But it says the account Reynolds gave and her final interview suggests that the first verifications of her out of body memories were actually provided by the medical staff very soon afterward. I thought I had hallucinations, and when I talked with my family and husband, we were joking that made everyone laugh. With the exception of the nurse, the doctor, the anesthesiologist, and the neurophysiologists. Neurophysiologists, they did not seem to find it funny, and they hardly dared to look at me. In fact, they knew that I was not hallucinating and that this had occurred. They had never heard of such such things before. I thought maybe it was my imagination and I had a dream. But they told me that this was not the case, and what I saw really happened. They kept telling me that I was that it was not a hallucination. So Speltzer confirms this, as quoted on MSNBC, saying that what she related so quickly after surgery was remarkably precise as to some details that went on in the surgery.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, the people in there are saying, like, yo, she said it moments after it just because you you know, it wasn't documented into it three years after the people in that room know the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So that's Pam Reynolds. I thought that was gonna be the Spaghetti State one. I thought that I might have fucked that one up. There's a lot of these stories that I've read, bro, It's hard to keep them all in order.
Speaker 3: I get it, especially as you go on to these things on Meta Mystery. I get that, like they start to blend.
Speaker 2: They do, they do, but they're all still like they're all awesome. So this is an article from Forbes dot com and it says this was actually just written August second of this year, so a couple of days ago, well like two weeks ago. It says what near death experiences teach us about work, new studies say, It says, so this is gonna be an interesting angle. It says near death experiences at work are uncommon in many professions, but with close calls and aviation gaining more attention in recent months, certain industries are grappling with these with the impacts that these experiences have in the workplace, in ways such events influence how survivors move forward in their careers. Recent studies reveal that employees near death experiences dramatically change their thoughts about work, what matters most in their careers, and their relationships with their coworkers. So what are near death experiences and near death experiences is an event when someone has a close brush with death and temporarily begins the process of dying. After recovery, survivors typically recount an out of body experience or a vision of a tunnel of light. NDEs occur among seventeen percent of people who nearly die, and about forty five percent of people who report near death experiences describe accompanying accompanying out of body experiences. A whopping five to ten percent of the general population have memories of an NDE, including somewhere between ten and twenty three percent of cardiac arrest survivors. Many people who have had near death experiences describe a sense of awe or bliss, and a reluctance to come back into their bodies being after being revived.
Speaker 3: That's kind of crazy. Earlier we heard it was like nine percent of cardiac arrest survivors. Now we're hearing it's more like a twenty five percent of cardiac rest survivors. I wonder if the data has gotten more updated since then.
Speaker 2: I think so, Yeah, I think so. I don't know when that original article was written, but this is super recent. I mean it's two weeks ago. So it says they recall seeing and often hearing ongoing earthly events from a perspective that is apart and usually above their physical bodies. Following cardiac arrests, they may see and later accurately describe their own resuscitation. In the last hours before an unexpected natural death, many people enter a period of unresponsiveness, during which they no longer respond to their external environment. Anecdotal reports from near death XS experiences commonly include stories of the dying person hearing unusual noises or hearing themselves pronounced dead. Bro imagine that he's dead, he's cooked done, and you hear that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just it's crazy. I literally just heard a story of a guy who was with the MACV SONG, which is a Vietnam basically like super special operations group. They were listening on the radio one night and the enemy had gotten one of the radios and it was like super ENCRYPTI. They they weren't supposed to be able to get in on this, and this woman on the line basically read off the obituaries of every single person that was in his team, which was scary because no one was supposed to know they were there. No one was supposed to know which dudes were in this team or any of this stuff. They had like somewhere around four to eight hundred guys coming at them at that moment, and they're trying to radio to like headquarters for an extraction all this stuff, and they hear this woman come on reading each individual name and their obituary of how they died, where they died, all this shit, and it's like, oh fuck. So like and they made it out there alive doing wrong, but like hearing that that that would just fry.
Speaker 2: You, dude, that would definitely throw you through a loop. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So it says that there's scientific research on near death experience. As we were reading earlier, this is a more up to date article. So it says no one knows for sure what happens when we die, but recent information from researchers gives us a clue. In twenty twenty, I wrote a story for Forbes on brain scientists doctor Jill Bolt Taylor, who witnessed her own stroke, describing it as strikingly similar to the bliss of an NDE, which she details in her book called My Stroke of Insight. Taylor told me that there was zero fear in that she was bouncing in and out a blissful euphoria and awareness of external reality. Interesting, an awareness external reality that's fucking awesome. She remembers shifting into a consciousness that she's a part of a greater humanity, more open, expansive, and flexible to possibilities as opposed to self focused needs. Now, her quote is is that the authentic self is part of us that I firmly believe shows up in the last five minutes of our lives. When we're on our deathbreed, on our deathbed, the left brain begins to dissipate. We shift out of all the accumulation and the external world because it's no longer valuable. What is valuable is who we are as human beings and what we did with our lives to help others.
Speaker 3: That's her quote. So yeah, so, I mean I would probably think that same way. That's fair.
Speaker 2: Neuroscientists accept ndase as a unique mental state that offers insight into the death experience. A recent burst in research suggests that survivors of near death experiences feel increased empathy, spiritual growth, a sense of purpose, and even a change of how they approach their jobs. A groundbreaking study in Scientific Reports validates anecdotal records with the first empirical evidence that people still hear while in an unresponsive state hours before dying. The researchers found that the auditory systems of dying patients respond similarly to young, healthy participants just hours from the end of their life. They conclude that hearing is the last sense to go in a dying brain. A study in June of twenty twenty five, an issue of the Journal of Applied Psychology, explores stories from military aviators who had a close brush with death on the job and would help them process the traumatic experiences and rediscover meaning in their work. So I spoke with the studies co author Kevin Rockman, a professor of management at George Mason's University Costello College of Business. He told me that participants use storytelling about their loose brush with death as a means to reclaim a sense of purpose, identity, and belonging in their jobs. He adds that the story He adds that storytelling after a life threatening event also applies to corporate employees readjusting to life's readjusting to life after facing a traumatic or serious medical event like the recent Manhattan mass shooting at New York's NFL headquarters, major surgery or auto accident. The way the way stories are told with humor, exaggeration, or vulnerability shapes emotional healing in workplace esteem. Rockman says even deeply traumatic experiences can strengthen an employees' connection to their role, especially in high stakes jobs like aviation, healthcare, or emergency response. So they published in July of this year, explores how NDEs affect employees return to their jobs. The most common change is the desire to do more meaningful work. The study found that NDEs reshapes values, creating a deeper appreciation of life of life, less value on money, material possessions, and prestige, and more importance on meaning, purpose and loving others. Survivors often change the direction of their careers, focus on different work priorities, and switch jobs or start their own companies. The researchers also reported that NDEs transform how survivors interact with and relate to others at work, making them more than just business associates, creating deeper relationships connecting to them as human beings. The stories of near death survivors often offer a kind of blueprint for reimagining how we work. For employees, that might that might mean reevaluating what success looks like or exploring roles that align more closely with personal values. For employers, it might involve fostering workplace cultures that prioritize connection, purpose, and well being. So basically to say that whenever people go through these crazy experiences, their entire life perspective changes. They no longer give a fuck about material things. They don't care about doing jobs if it's not helping humanity in a certain kind of way. They want to feel like they are giving something back because they are now more grateful for the life that they get to live. So yeah, I mean, even if you think that this is just a rush of you know, chemicals and it's not really anything special, Even if you think that, to the individual, that's not how they.
Speaker 3: View it, right. They see it as something profound and in some way life changing. I'm with you, right, And so it says when coworkers have near death experiences. According to Rockman, the natural tendency is to suppress near death stories so as to not disturb hearers and make the affected person relive the experience. But he believes that this overlooks the value to be gained by encouraging that person to share their story with others in the workplace. Unspoken workplace rules cause miscommunication and disconnection. If you're an employer, experts recommend that you ensure.
Speaker 2: Okay, who gets the fuck about that? All right? So basically to say that, like, it's important to allow the people to tell their stories, you know, leave your preconceived notions or whatever at the door. Basically, yeah, so it's pretty cool. So another one, this is the one I was talking about, this is I had this guy on my show and fuck, man, I mean so good this story. And like, I guess he was like a real piece of shit before, he was drinking a lot, he didn't really care about life. He ends up having this crazy experience and his life completely change upside down. So this article was actually written in twenty twenty so I had him on meadow way after that, I think in like twenty twenty four. I think it was last year. I want to say, yeah, I think I was living in Texas already when we had that conversation. Okay, So David Ditchfield's remarkable near death experience. It says in two thousand and six, a man called David Ditchfield was seeing off a friend at a train station near Cambridge, England. He stepped onto the train to help his friend with her luggage and to hug her goodbye. But as he stepped back off, his long coat got stuck in the train's closing doors. Unable to take off the coat, he found himself trapped as the train set off. He was pulled along the platform as the car as the train gathered speed, being tossed around like a rag doll. Fucking got run over.
Speaker 3: Final destination. Shit right there, Fuck that, Fuck all that, he says.
Speaker 2: Then he was sucked up into the gap between the train and the platform and ended up on the train track with the train hurling above him. Despite the danger, David felt strangely calm. To maximize his chances of survival, He pushed himself as far down into the tracks that he could. The final carriage of the train passed over him, and he felt a surge of joy that that he had survived, although now he felt intense pain. He noticed that the left sleeve of his coat had been ripped to shreds and that his arm had been severed. Oh shit, his arm had been severed from the elbowed down, as he says, everything on it in a slow dreamlike way. It I felt an unearthly, absolute sense of calmness. David was rushed to the hospital by paramedics with his life hanging in the balance as he was losing so much blood. Shortly after arriving at the hospital, he lost normal consciousness and suddenly found himself in a completely different environment, immersed in a darkness that seemed warm and soft, with vivid colors and lights around him.
Speaker 3: There was no calmness. That calmness. She'll hear that from a lot of dudes that get like, you know, bombs go off by them and they become an amput. It's shock, like they only realize they're missing an arm or anything like that. They feel fine, then the look down and they see that it's missing, then the shock, whereas all then they feel the pain and all these things. So like, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 2: I mean I had I'm not gonna even put myself to that degree, but I had somewhat of a similar experience. It was like, uh, last year for Christmas, there was like a fucking shooting. I told everybody about it, but there was a shooting at the mall that I was at, and everybody was running and fucking crying and panicaning and everything. I'm like, I'm just walking, bro, Like I it's not that I don't care, It's just that I I had this strange, for no reason, sense of calmness that took over my body to where I just I just in my mind, I was like, dude, whatever's gonna happen is gonna happen. Whether I stress and fucking panic about it is not going to change my circumstance. I don't even know where that came from, right, because why would anybody think that way? I don't know. It was strange, I get it. So anyway, it says there was no pain anymore, and he felt very tranquil. This is now. This is how he described his experience in an interview with me. I could see pulsating colors like little orbs, much brighter and sharper than any colors I had seen in my normal life. Watching them was really relaxing. In therapeutic it was such a beautiful place, with a feeling that I was being cared for and supported. I thought that this is what it might be, what it must be like to die, and then wondered if it meant that I had just died. The sensation of love became stronger, and I looked down at my feet. I saw a huge tunnel of light drawing closer towards me. I felt, and I still believe this now, that the white light was the source of all creation. I never dreamt that I would ever see something so beautiful. It was the light of pure, unconditional love. Every molecule of my body was pulsating with love and light. It was the most incredible sensation. I felt more alive than I have than I ever done before. It felt like I was experiencing the true reality, while my old world was just an illusion. That's what so many people say.
Speaker 3: Like it somehow while the train was going over or after the fact of my hospital, this is in the near death experience, That's what I'm saying. Like at the hospital, not with the train.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. Yeah. At the hospital. At that point, I felt certain that I was dead, but I didn't feel any fear or regret. I laid my head back and I laughed because I felt so joyous. Then suddenly I was back in the hospital with an overdrive of noise and light and people and frantic voices. I was being rushed, I was being rushed into theater. Interesting, so attempted explanation of near death experiences. David's experience is a remarkable example of what is usually referred to as a near death experience. Near death experiences occur when a person's body and brain shut down for a short period of time before they are resuscitated, for example, after cardiac arrests. In many cases, people report that even though their brain showed no signs of activity, they continue to be conscious and underwent a remarkable series of experiences, usually along similar lines to David's. Such experiences are surprisingly common. For example, research suggests that around a third of cardiac arrest patients report them after resuscitation.
Speaker 3: So first we got nine percent, Now we got twenty five percent, Now we got a third.
Speaker 2: I think that it's not conclusive, and these might be individual people that are doing these tests.
Speaker 3: I think, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: It says nds are controversial because there is no viable neurological or physiological explanation for them. Many suggests have been made, for example, that they are caused by cerebral anoxia, which is a lacks of lack of oxygen to the brain, undetected brain activity, or the release of psychedelic chemicals like ketamine. Huh okay, crom.
Speaker 3: I've never heard the ketamine as some of your brain releases naturally. I know DMT is, but or is this them trying to compare ketamine to DMT?
Speaker 2: I think so? Yeah? Oh lord, it says from this point of view, NDEs are nothing more than brain created hallucinations, no more than real dreams. But there are problems with all of these explanations. Cerebral anoxia usually results in chaotic hallucinatory experiences and is associated with confusion and memory loss, but people report NDEs as unlike this. They are usually very serene, structured, and well integrated experiences. Research has shown no significant similarity between psychedelic experiences and NDEs, and there is no evidence that the brain has a hidden store of psychedelic chemicals that are released when we are close to death. I disagree, but let's.
Speaker 3: Move I mean a hidden store. That that's misleading, right. That's like saying, well, there's no evidence to say that your brain has a hidden store of chemicals that are released while you're sleeping. That we might call a dream. Like, it's not a hidden store. This is they're chemicals that are already in the brain. They're not like on reserve waiting to be deployed. They're just kind of there and they get deployed when your brain relaxes enough to deploy them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's probably something that doesn't necessarily need I don't know if there is a store of it. It's almost like somebody saying, I don't know, Like like people like men, we keep on creating a semen. You know, it's not like you pump it all out and it's all gone, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean with the semen thing, like your balls store the semen that is the reserves, right, And I can understand at a certain point, like even whenever you take loose and jesup but can't speak hallucinogenics, Like if you take a hero zose mushrooms, your brain feels like you're in a fog for the next two or three days until your chemicals level back out because you just used all of them. So like they're already in the brain, but it's not like they're stockpiled somewhere and they like they give you like a drip of it throughout the day. It's kind of one of those things where your body produces what is needed. But again it's not I feel like that just that was a misleading sentence.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, maybe it was, it says. It is also difficult to see how endase could be due to undetected brain activity. When after cardiac arrest, brain stem reflexes are lost straight away and do not return until the heart has been restored. How could a brain be functioning without showing any signs of activity. In any case, if there was some undetected brain activity, it would have to be incredibly low, and it seems unlikely that such a low level of brain activity could produce very intense, apparently conscious experiences. It's a good point, So then it gets into the long term effects of NDEs. One of the most striking things about near death experiences is their long term effect. Although they may only last for a few seconds of normal time, near death experiences usually have a powerful transformational effect. David Ditchfield's experience is an excellent example of this. His NDE changed him so dramatically that he feels as if he is that he has a different life and a different identity, almost as if he is a different person living in the same body, And even after fourteen years, these changes have not diminished. As David told me, here we go, I feel like I'm living in different dimensions rather than just one. I'm much more sensitive and can pick up on the energy of places in people. It has made my life so much more interesting. I have a lot more appreciation for nature in the world seems a beautiful place. I love watching animals and insects, watching the seasons change. Before the experience, I was so immersed in myself that all of those things just didn't exist for me. They were just there. It's changed my relationship too. I'm a lot more understanding rather than feeling disappointed with people, I have a much broader take on how people work. That helps me to be more supportive of the people around me. David began to paint as a way of depicting the visions that he had seen. One of his paintings is at the beginning of this article. Oh let's go see that painting.
Speaker 3: I saw that when I was wondering what that artwork was.
Speaker 2: There we go. Yeah, One of one of his paintings depicting the his NDE. So this is what he says that he saw in there.
Speaker 3: That's pretty wid a basic an explosion almost, that's kind of what it looks like.
Speaker 2: Or maybe some portal or tunnel or something.
Speaker 3: Is that a skull?
Speaker 2: He told us that whenever he had his NDE that he felt like he was out like in the like floating around in the universe, is how he said. And he said that he witnessed seeing a fucking waterfall of stars. Like he said that just in the middle of the universe, for no reason at all, was a waterfall of just stars that were falling like water.
Speaker 3: That that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty uh descriptive. So anyway, where were we?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: He also learned to compose classical music as another way of conveying the incredible sense of peace and calmness that he had that he had experienced. That is fascinating in of itself. He's actually gone to like he's produced his own what are those people called that they go like this, the conductor is nothing conductor, Yeah, the conductor or the composer, composer right to to you know, the people of all the instruments. My brain's not working right now. I'm sick, but anyway, he's been conducting this shit. He never had any experience with music at all before his nd and now all of a sudden, he's composing fucking orchestras, which is crazy, right, Yeah, and became an artist, so like, just creative in every facet. So he continue, where was you know? I lost my spot? Okay, so he also learned to compose classical classical music. These long term changes are typical of NDEs. They almost always bring a profound shift of values and perspective, which leads which itself leads to major lifestyle changes. People often become less materialistic and more altruistic, less self oriented, and more compassionate. Like David. They often report becoming more sensitive to beauty, more and more appreciative of everyday things. So the fact that they have such profound after effects makes it seem very unlikely that NDEs are a brain generated hallucination. Hallucinations are usually quickly forgotten, with a clear sense of that they were delusional experiences, less authentic and reliable than ordinary consciousness. Even though they seem to contradict our standard materialistic view of reality, we have no option but to be open to the end, to the idea that NDEs are authentic experiences. So I mean, there you go, David fucking Ditchfield. I thought it was gonna go a little bit more in detail because and maybe maybe I'll get him on the show. Fascinating How long ago to have him on the show. Maybe a year, year and a half ago something like that?
Speaker 3: On meta Okay, interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very fascinating individual to talk to. He'll go in super depth about what he experienced. It'll fucking it'll it'll shake you a little bit.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: That's awesome though, very very good. So there's that article, all right. I want to get to this Jeremy Renner one because this was really recent. This article was written, wrote writ Wroten, wrote wrote on May twenty first this year. So and anybody that listened to him on the Joe Rogan Experience, Man, Joe didn't go into detail about what he experienced in his any nd E. And I'm like, Joe, what the fuck? Man like guy said that he had an nd and You're like, oh, that's interesting, Well what else happened? It's like, come on on.
Speaker 3: That is kind of crazy. You would think that Joe has been a minute on then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know, but anyway, this is Jeremy Renner explains why he was so pissed off when he was quote unquote brought back after snowplow incident. U here we go. So Jeremy Renner is opening up about the powerful wave of feelings that he experienced after regaining consciousness following his near death snowplow accident in January of twenty twenty three. On Wednesday, May twenty first, Renner, who is fifty four years old, appeared on the Serious XM's show called Let's Talk Off Camera with Kelly Rippa to promote his recently published memoir called My Next Breath. During his conversation with host Kelly Rippa, the actor recalled his near death experiences when he broke dozens of bones and was left in critical condition after he was struck and crushed by a seven ton snowplow at his home near Reno, Nevada, on New Year's Day. He goes, it was at a great relief, is all I can say. It's a wonderful relief to be removed from your body. A wonderful relief to be removed from your body.
Speaker 3: He said, Oh, okay, that sounds like people that took like a hero's dose of a psychedelic and they're like, you're having that ego death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. It is the most exhilarating piece that you could ever feel. You don't see anything but what's in your mind's eye. He says, you're the atoms of you're the atoms of who you are, the DNA, your spirit is. It's the highest adrenaline rush. But the piece that comes with it, it's magnificent. It's magnificent. It's so magical. And I didn't want to come back, and I remember and I was brought back, and I was so pissed off. I was gone for I think five minutes or or two minutes or ten. But I came back and I saw the eyeball again. I don't know what is referrin to there, he goes. I'm like, oh shit, I'm back. Saw my legs. I'm like, yeah, that's gonna hurt later. I'm like, all right, well, let me continue to breathe. Rennerd titled his memoir My Next Breath in recognition of the solace that he focused or that he found and focusing on breathing during the forty five minutes. It took for him to receive emergency help, and in the more than two years since the accident occurred, oh It says, when Rippa asked whether he spoke with anyone while he was unconscious, the actors simply stated that he entered a plane of existence that was, in quotes not linear. He goes, it makes me a man that did not want to come back really be able to be back here and live on my terms as the captain of my own ship. Get on it or get off. I don't give a fuck, he said. I'm not going I'm not going to live life or I'm going to live life on my own terms and for nobody else. I'm very clear. The white noise is ripped away. I repel the things that I gave credence to. I can't stomach the things that I gave that I gave credence to prior to the to the accident. I invest in love and my shared relationships that I experience love with because that's the only thing that you'll take with you.
Speaker 3: Wow. So not in not super le in crept in depth detail, but I mean that's all sounds profound. Nonetheless, And he's.
Speaker 2: Dude, when you hear him talk about it. Oh my god. He just seems like such a good guy, you know, but he seems plus Pittsburgh native. That's my people right there.
Speaker 3: Baby, he's a Pittsburgh native.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if it's Pittsburgh or surrounding area, but he's he's from that area.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Yeah, dude, well.
Speaker 2: Sounds he sounds like he's from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: No doubt. Yeah, I'm trying to see I got I found a couple of videos of him talking about it, but they're all like ten minutes fourteen minutes long and all this and I don't you know, we don'tlyn spend that much time listening in on it. But wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would love to hear a yen's from him personally. If I can hear a little Pittsburgh ease out of him, that would, uh, that would tickle my fancy. I don't know if I've heard of YenS though.
Speaker 3: Pittsburgh ease.
Speaker 2: Huh, little Pittsburgh ease, that's our language.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know what? Actually, I found a short let me uh, let me share the screen real quick, and let's talk. Let's hear rather uh, let's hear your boy Jeremy Renner talking on behalf of himself about his nd let's go it physically, and to know that that's what ran over your leg, oh my whole body.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, the accident happened because you have to get in and out on the off on those tracks.
Speaker 3: And I hit.
Speaker 4: The thumb thing and uh it threw me off and I was going towards my nephew, so I had to jump back on and try to stop from killing him.
Speaker 3: To if your boughty to run over the entire all, it's like.
Speaker 4: It was like you know, you're like you're drowning and being struck by lightning and eating out and tell all the things all went its thirty eight broken bones and eyeballs out.
Speaker 3: Oh and it's a shot out to medical I know, right, bro.
Speaker 2: His eyeball was out of his socket, both.
Speaker 3: Of them apparently.
Speaker 2: Fuck that. Wow. Yeah, it's uh yeah, he really went through it. And you want to talk about like that's for him to come back like he did. Look at him, it looks like nothing happened to him.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, plastic surgery is miracle things real shit here, But I mean, cool, all right, you know this is him getting emotional about near death experience. Let's listen in it's been the reaction from your friends, your loved ones, colleagues with this new new look at life.
Speaker 4: There's there's with with that, Oprah, there's that's where a lot of it's it's was. It was all a connected thing anyway. It wasn't just it just didn't just happen to me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Mine might have gotten ran over, but I affected so many people in my life that I love dearly, so many people that in the ripple effect of that goes beyond Yes, we're here talking about it now on a podcast two years later. So I held responsibility to that and used that as fuel to heal my family and knows that I've hurt and giving the I gave them a lot of toxic, awful images and dreams. And like my poor nephew, he had to watch me holding my arm die in the ice of my eyeball out.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can't, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: So in me never worrying about getting better, I just had to get better.
Speaker 3: To help them. So whatever my physical.
Speaker 4: Milestones were, they were always fueled by number one, my daughter, and then the rest of my family too, because I love them so deeply. I couldn't bear the responsibility of giving them nightmares for the rest of her life.
Speaker 3: I said, it might die.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to take this one way road of recovery, and God damn it, I'm gonna recover, and God damn it, I'm gonna get better every damn day for my family, for my daughter.
Speaker 3: And that's how I got better so fast.
Speaker 4: And then there's miracles involved at every turn here, with every doctor, very my you know, there's it took a thousand people to keep me alive, okay, but to get better once I wasn't dying. It was my family and my love, my deep love, the safe landing spot of love that I have with my family all my life and not wanting to disappoint them. So fortunate that I had that one way road of recovery.
Speaker 3: Wow on Oprah talking about it, Oh God, I just love that guy. That's insane, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's And that's the thing is that it has such a profound effect on literally everybody, everybody that has had an experience. You're like, they they say, it's it sticks with you, like it's you know, you're never going to forget that. And you know, I mean, hey, it's just a thing where it's a thing where everybody's trying to figure out what the hell it is. You know, is it proof of the afterlife or is it proof that we exist outside the body even though we perceive that we do. I don't know, you know, this is actually a really good story. This is one that actually sparked my interest in wanting to do this episode. I found this article like a week ago and I was like, oh my god, I got to get back into do you want to show on NDEES because this fucking one got me.
Speaker 3: We've had a few people requests that we do a show on indies, but there's so many stories and so many different stories, so many similar stories, it's very difficult to pinpoint a direction even when it comes to these types of things bro over.
Speaker 2: There's tens of thousands, tens of thousands of documented stories, tens of thousands, and the main if anybody ever wants to go and check these out, you can just literally go and read them until you die. There's so many stories. If you want to go to NDERF dot org, which is Near Death Experience Research Foundation dot org, they document literally tens of thousands of them over there. It's crazy, and they're still uploading more every day, like it's a thing that people have one and they know that they can go to that website and document it.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty awesome. But this is from spooky site dot com. It says woman declared dead for eight minutes says that she discovered that death is an illusion.
Speaker 3: Has written also real quick, while we have a minute, and we just played some videos. We got a bunch of articles we've been reading here Frenny coltmember that is trying to see these things rather than just hear about them. Jonathan, where can they go? How can they get a hold of that?
Speaker 2: Well, we always we want you to be able to see with your third eye. But if that third eye is not really feeling up the part today and you need to see with your other two eyes, then you got a Patreon dot com slash Cult of Conspiracy podcast. That link is now in the show notes below. It's the best way to be able to support us. You'll be able to slide into our dms. We check them daily. You'll be able to see all the shows that are uploaded days, sometimes a week in advance. You'll be able to sign up for the tier that is that will that will allow you to come hang out with us every Tuesday night at nine pm Central on a zoom call. We call it the Cult Member Live Show. We go three hours from nine to midnight Central time, every single Tuesday night. We know you ain't doing shit on a Tuesday night, you may as well just come hang out and have fun for a change. But honestly, the main reason why most people go to Patreon is because it is completely flulessly Yeah, buddy, so come on over. Stop wasting your time, save your finger a couple extra clicks instead of just hitting fast forward all the time.
Speaker 3: You ain't got to hit fast forward on shit on Patreon. Okay, that's right.
Speaker 2: That being said. Woman declared dead for eight minutes says that she discovered that death is an illusion says for as long as humans have been able to think about their own existence, we've wondered about the moments, About the moment that it ends. What happens when the last heartbeat fades? Do we simply vanished into nothingness? Or is there something somewhere waiting on the other side. Throughout history, countless people have claimed to catch a glimpse of what comes next In quotes, Some call it the afterlife, others believe that it's a different dimension, and skeptics argue that it's just the brain's final electrical fireworks before the lights go out. But every so often a story comes along that refuses to fit neatly into any explanation. This is one of those stories, the account of Brianna Lafferty, a thirty three year old woman from Colorado who, for eight measured minutes, was clinically dead, yet she swears that she was more alive than ever. So who is Brandon Lafferty? Brianna is no stranger to living with physical challenges. She was diagnosed years ago with myoclonist, a rare neurobiological disorder that causes her muscles to contract suddenly and uncontrollably. Fuck that, imagine trying to write, walk, or even stand while your own body decides to move without permission. The condition is disruptive, but it was something that she had learned to manage, that is, until her body suddenly gave out. One day, her heart stopped beating. Medical staff worked frantically, but there was no pulse, no breath, and no measurable brain activity. For eight minutes every standard, by every standard in modern medicine. She was gone. Yet Brianna says that she didn't go anywhere in the way that we imagine. In fact, she says that she never lost awareness, not even for a second, so the moment of departure. Brianna describes the sensation of leaving her body as unexpectedly calm. She wasn't, in quotes, pulled or pulled out or forced away. It felt more like gently stepping out of a heavy coat that she didn't know that she had been wearing. From above, she could see what was happening below, but she wasn't particularly interested in her lifeless form or the panic of the room. Her attention shifted almost immediately towards something else, a pull into what she calls a space without time. In this place, there were no seconds, minutes, or hours. Yet she was fully conscious. She says that she felt more herself than she had ever felt while alive, as if the version of Brianna. She as if the version of Brianna she had known on Earth was just a smaller fragment of a much larger being. Oh fuck, yeah, dude, Wow. There was no pain, no fear, no sense of needing to breathe, just a steady, comforting awareness, says. One of the most fascinating parts of Brianna's story is how the environment seemed to respond to her thoughts. At first, she noticed that whatever she focused on began to form around her, but slowly, as the universe there took its time answering her. If a negative thought emerged, she had space to shift it into something positive before it fully materialized. She found herself deliberately choosing peaceful, loving images, knowing that they would eventually shape her surroundings. To her, this felt like proof that even beyond the boundaries of life, the mind or consciousness has creative power. Dude, that's fucking awesome. Yeah right, so, says eight minutes or eight months, says Back on Earth, the clock recorded her absence at exactly eight minutes, But in that other space, Brianna felt like it like months had passed. She had time to explore, reflect, and even interact with what she calls familiar presences. She doesn't claim that these presences were human in the way that we understand humanity. They seem to be beings of awareness, not flesh, radiating a sense of unconditional acceptance. As someone within this vast stillness. She says that she sends a greater presence, something wise, loving and infinitely patient. There was no quote unquote voice, yet its guidance was unmistakable, so it says among the Stranger Stranger revelations, Brianna brought back with UH with her conviction that the universe is fundamentally made of numbers, not just in the way mathematicians use equations to describe physics, but as if reality itself is constructed from numerical patterns, a kind of cosmic code. This isn't an entirely new concept. Ancient Greek philosopher Pythagorasts believe numbers formed the building blocks of everything. Modern physicists sometimes speak about the mathematical universe hypothesis, which suggests that the physical world is at its core a mathematical structure. Brianna didn't arrive at this idea through study. She says that she simply knew it while she was there. WHOA so coming, I.
Speaker 3: Mean a mathematical structure? Do we Do you think they mean like the Matrix movie it's all ones and zeros, or do you think they mean more like uh, you know, chemically speaking, a atomic numbers and atomic masses and specific gravities and these types of numbers. What do you think she means?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, it could just be all of it. I don't know sure, I guess, but anyhow, it says, coming back wasn't graceful. Brando awoke to a damaged body. She had to relearn how to walk and speak. Her pituitary gland and important hormone regulator had been harmed, leading to health complications that required experimental brain surgery. She admits that she is afraid of going through another near death event, but she's also grateful, grateful for the perspective that it gave her. Today, she describes her purpose, her purpose as living deliberately, even if she doesn't have a step by step mission plan. She is less afraid of death, more appreciative of life, and more aware of how her thoughts shape her experience. So it says, while Brianna's story is deeply personal, scientists have long tried to explain near death experiences in purely biological terms. Some neurologists suggest are caused by the anoxia, which is the lack of the oxygen of the brain. Others point to a flood of neurotransmitters like endorphins and dopamine, which could create sensations of euphoria and visions of light. Researchers have also studied the right tempo temporo parietal cortex, an area of the brain responsible for processing information about the body in space. When this region malfunctions, whether through trauma, seizure or oxygen deprivation, it can produce the feeling of floating outside the body or moving through a tunnel. From this perspective, NDEs aren't windows into another world, but the brain's final protective illusions.
Speaker 3: I understand the scientific perspective of saying, like, you know, and that's that's true. Lack of oxygen to the brain will cause hallucinations. That's that's not a disputable fact. Saying that it's your brain firing off the last bit of chemicals before it goes dark. I understand that too, you know, one hundred percent. I'm not saying that I think that every single NDE that is clearly what's happening here. But at least I can understand the academic approach to them if that is the route they're trying to.
Speaker 2: Go right right, And I will say that science is usually good at one thing, and that is to figure out why a thing does what it does or not not how a thing does what it does right. But it never under it never explains why a thing does what it does right. It's it's always just like how does it do it? You know? And I think that I think that you know, you're you're not going to get a how understanding of a near death experience.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I mean that in order in order to understand it, you would have to accept that we have a soul or a consciousness or a spirit or whatever you want to call that.
Speaker 3: But see as the thing. Most scientists, and most into varying degrees of quote unquote science, where it's theoretical physics, whether it's astro theology or whatever. Most of them are, for lack of better words, let's say religious. However, they use science as the means to explain the how, and they use their religion to explain the why. Sometimes the two converge, sometimes they don't. But typically science, like we said, it's the study of how this works and maybe why does this work? But that's kind of a rarity, you know, unless it's something that you can track and that's like, you see, this happened A plus B equaled C, and here's how we track that. So now we know this happened, and this happened. This is how we got to hear this is why this happened. But big picture why it's very rarely does that come into the conversation. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so I don't even think they're really that concerned with it, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Not typically unless it, like you know, adds into their field of study in some way, shape or form, which rarely it does. But yeah, it's I understand why the scientists are looking at it from their analytical point of view, and they're trying to find the real world justification as to why the brain is doing these wild things. I at least I can understand that. But again, some of these, especially if you go in any of the good cult members, if you go and look at the list of indies, some of them can easily be chalked up to you, Well, yeah, the brain was, you know, lack of oxygen started the hallucination process. The brain started firing off the last of its chemicals. That's totally why they had a trippy thing happen, and then they woke up and they snapped back. That totally makes sense. Some of them don't line up at all.
Speaker 2: Well, And the thing is, the thing is, like, all right, just because you can explain what chemicals and what may be going on in the brain, that you may be able to determine how it happened, you might be able to determine how it happened. But that does not, in my opinion, that does not eliminate the why at all. You know, like, for example, if somebody, if you were to tell a fucking doctor or a neuroscientist or whatever about your demon and angel story, you know, they would try and figure out, well, what was going on in your brain? You know, what was firing, what was not firing. Were you in some kind of state of mind and that's what allowed it to happen? Now, does that dismiss that you actually had that experience or does it just show you what was going on in your brain and in your body at that time of that occurrence?
Speaker 3: Right right? You know, I mean that's it's not exactly indeed, but I like more than one thing could be happening at once.
Speaker 2: That's just my point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dot dot duh.
Speaker 2: All right, So it says, uh. Still, what makes NDEs intriguing is how consistent they are. They are across different cultures and time periods. Ancient Egyptian texts describe journeys into the other realms after death. Tibetan Buddhism teaches about the quote unquote bardo, which is a transitional state between death and rebirth. In some indigenous traditions, people speak of traveling across a bridge or river to meet ancestors. While the imagery varies, the themes light piece, familiar presences show up again and again. Even among modern survivors, similarities emerge, which is a feeling of leaving the body, a perception of moving through darkness toward light, encounters with guiding beings, a review of one's life, or a decision or command to return. Brianna's account fits fits neatly with these within these patterns, yet it has its own unique twists, like the concept of the universe being made of numbers.
Speaker 3: I see the quote from her saying we are binary code, So I guess that answers the question. She didn't mean like atomic numbers. She meant ones and zero. She meant the matrix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they say it's a documentary, you know, man, I mean maybe not fully, you know, but midways.
Speaker 3: How do we know?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 3: How do we know?
Speaker 2: No way to prove it right? Or is there?
Speaker 3: Or is there? So?
Speaker 2: What was Brianna's experience? Was it a true journey beyond death's edge or the brain's intricate farewell performance? Science can't say, can't yet say for sure. What's clear is that the experience experiences like hers, whether interpreted spiritually or neurologically, can leave lasting changes. People often return with less fear of death, greater compassion, and a renewed sense of purpose. For Brianna, the message is simple but powerful. Death isn't an ending, It's a change of address.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 2: What a fucking quote. That was awesome. So it says whether or not you believe her, the thought has a certain comfort after all death. If death really is just an illusion, maybe the final chapter of life is not the end of the story, just the start of a very different one. I full, I mean, how could you even disagree with that? You know?
Speaker 3: I personally I do agree with what she says. I think we may be coming from different places, but I don't find any fallacies of what you just said.
Speaker 2: I mean they say that space is the final frontier. I would imagine that death.
Speaker 3: Is technically speaking the final frontier. Yeah, you know, it's the last place you're going to explore.
Speaker 2: So I get you, as your physical body, that's the last place your physical frontier is ever going to, you know, trek.
Speaker 3: But see, that's the thing your physical body stays are. Your physical body doesn't explore death.
Speaker 2: Good point, Yeah, good point. All right, we'll go on that one next these I let me see. I mean, we can go on and on, bro. I mean, it's entirely up to you. You want to keep on hearing stories, because I got a shitload of them.
Speaker 3: I'm down.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get weird then, because this website was fucking awesome and I was hoping that we were going to get to it. This is from guideposts dot org. It says five incredible stories some near death experiences. These inspiring firsthand accounts of heaven shed light on the peace, glory, and love that awaits us in the afterlife. Says what awaits us after life on Earth? Is heaven real? Can near death experiences experience stories give us the answer? Those who have had near death experiences say that heaven is unequivocally real, and it is, and it is full of unimaginable wonder. Below our accounts of Heaven are accounts of Heaven from people who have been there and back. These indies stories shed light on the incredible peace, glory, and love that we can look forward to in the afterlife. So here are five of the incredible stories. It says Don Piper's Heavenly Experience. And these go into a lot more in detail. So obviously we're not going to read all of the stories, but I'm gonna read, you know, the the basically wrap up of the story, and you tell me if you find one more interesting than another. Right, So, Don Piper's Heavenly Experienced, It says Don Piper a minute was driving home to Alvin, Texas from a convention when he got into a terrible head on collision with an eighteen wheeler. First Responders at the scene couldn't find a pulse and he was declared dead. But upon impact, Don had been transported somewhere else. He'd been driving one minute and the next he was standing in heaven. Joy pulsed through him as he became aware of a large group of his loved ones who had passed on before him. Standing in front of an ornate gait, he walked towards the gate. He had no idea what laid ahead, but he felt that with each step, Heaven would grow more wondrous.
Speaker 3: Now, I know there's going to be some people say, well, of course, I'm pastor is going to see heaven and that makes sense. Well, like, yeah, it does make sense, though it does I mean not even from a judgment point. I'm just saying that that's what he believed, so it would be you know, I would say statistically most likely that that would be what he would experience if it all is just you know, in your head. Now, that's another thing I'm curious about of the NDE experiences. And I don't know if anybody's actually sat down and quantified the numbers on this are like ran the numbers. But how many of these people saw something that they believed in any way? And how many of these people saw something that they didn't necessarily believe in beforehand, but now they do? And to whatever degree. You know, if you, let's say, were born and raised a Southern Baptist, you died and you saw Vishnu. Like you know what I'm saying, How many of these people saw something that is absolutely outside of the realm of what they thought was reality and now they believe that's the truth.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know, I mean, it's really wide ranging. Some people get, you know, their experiences confirm their beliefs. Some people have experiences that make them want to move away from their beliefs. You know. It's not necessarily like you know, hammered down, you know, as far as the numbers go from what I can tell, because it's varying stories both ways. Some people feel like absolutely I approven that God exists and Heaven exists and da da da da dah, you know, and in many other ways. So yeah, so that was your boy, Don Piper, the pastor or minister rather. The next one is Bubba Bay's miraculous encounter. While on a walk one night, Jim Bubba Bay slipped and fell fourteen feet into a concrete culvert. His skull was oh fuck me. His skull was cracked, and his shoulder and his shoulder blade, eleven ribs, and ten vertebrae were broken. He was in absolutely excruciating pain until a blinding sight appeared, illuminating his surroundings and washing away his suffering. From the light walked a man with a kind of weathered face and a long beard. He held in his arms. Two children. That's a fucking cliffhanger right there, and we're gonna read through all of them, and then you tell me which one you want to go back and reading. Then there's Lori Lambert's conversation with Angels. So A Navy technician, Lorie Lambert was on a team building experience kayaking through rapids when she capsized and was flung into the freezing river. She gasped, gasped, and her lung lungs filled with water. She was being pushed down and couldn't get to the surface. She was drowning. Oh God, please help me, she thought. Then she was zooming through a tunnel of pure white. She came out on the other side in an otherworldly room. Three beings stood before her, made of giant, shimmering crystal. They radiated pure love. Laurie's fears subsided, and she felt calm and comforted in their presence. The middle being said, before you go back, we are going to show you some things, and opened a book of moving images.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Then there's Mike Olston. He said, who Mike Olsen thanked in heaven? So, during a double lung transplant, Mike olsen surgeon released a clamp too soon, causing him to bleed out. He recounts him. He recounts being aware that he was on the operating table with medical personnel scrambling to save him, and then being transported in a sudden burst of energy to a place of blinding white light that's surrounded him and stretched on endlessly. It filled him with peace and joy. Then he saw a figure walking towards him. It was Jesus, and alongside him someone else done Dune done.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: The next one is Yvonne Nocta gal her comfort on the wings of an angel. So, during a surgery to remove a brain tumor, Yvonne left her body and found herself in another realm. She was surrounded by warm, beautiful colors. While taking everything in, she realized that she had died and was in the spiritual realm. She wasn't upset or afraid. She was comforted by the feeling of being held by an enormous wing, the wing of an angel. She felt utterly surrounded by love. There we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well, I mean, do any of those really tickle your fancy?
Speaker 2: I got a bunch more if none of those really did.
Speaker 3: It for her? I mean they all seemed solid, but nothing really stood out to me as like more incredible than the other. Honestly, very well, but well where Jesus and someone else walked up? I mean, my normal human curiosity is begging to know who is the other.
Speaker 2: Person, but say less than let's do that one? Which one was that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike Olsen, Here we go?
Speaker 3: And the only reason why is because that fucking book, The Five People You Meet in Heaven? Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Man, it was a video, but the video is not there. Let's see what this says, blinding white Light. Oh that this is the story. I think it's written out.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the same story though. What was his name, Mike Olsen?
Speaker 3: No, MI.
Speaker 2: Don't know. This is some guy named Buddy. I don't know why it'd sent us there.
Speaker 3: Okay, either way, it says, just as the rattlesnakes slashed out in him and divine light appeared, angelic bright light protected him from.
Speaker 2: Danger, it's not Jesus though. It's not the one we wanted, right, well, okay, I mean I guess we I thought we were gonna be able to get to some of those, but I guess not. Oh wait, uh, you know, read and watch. Yeah, some of these you can read and watch. Some of them are you can only watch. Of course, you pick the one where that's the only one where you have to watch. Anyway, there's plenty of other stories. We'll get to them. This is an interesting one, and we're not gonna read this whole thing, but some of it, oh it's blurred out anyway. Okay, of course you know some of this shit. It's like it gives you access to it on your phone, but then you go and upload it to the computer and it's like you have to pay for this. I'm like, why didn't I have to pay for it on my phone?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You know? So weird. There's an interesting one right here. This is one of the more documented ones. This is from Betty Edieu. She was an older gal born in nineteen It says she's an American author of several books on near death experiences. Her best known book is called Embraced by the Light in nineteen ninety two describing her NDE. It was followed by the other books that she kept on going on with. Let's get to her ENDE account. So in her near death experience, Edie reports many phenomena similar to other NDIE accounts, such as going through a dark tunnel, seeing a bright light, and experiencing a life review, as well as other features unique to her story. In nineteen seventy three, at age of thirty one, Edie was recovering from a surgical operation. Edie reported that she first felt first felt herself fading into lifelessness, then felt a surge of energy, followed by a pop and a feeling of release, a sense of freedom and movement unhindered by inertia or gravity. She was met by three angelic beings who spoke with her about her prior existence and hitherto suppressed memories in order to participate in earthly experience. Dude, that's crazy, right, She had to lose her memories in order to participate in the earthly experience. That's fucking awesome. That's kind of what I expect.
Speaker 3: Actually, that's fucking wild.
Speaker 2: So she traveled to terrestrial locations such as her home merely by thinking about them, returned to her hospital and then passed on through a dark tunnel like medium in which she reported sensing other beings in a transitory preparatory stage. Exiting the tunnel, Edie approached an intense white light and met in heaven the embrace of Jesus Christ. There you go, there's a Jesus story for you, okay. During this encounter, she reported a strong sense of love and a high and a high, high speed transfer of answers to her many questions, Oh shit, that almost sounds like my mushroom experience a little bit. Possessing a corporeal identity of an ethereal kind, she visited in numerous places persons and phenomena such as natural settings and gardens. Beyond the character of the conventionally material. It was taken on a tour of sorts of learning experiences that she had felt equivalent to weeks or months, so it felt like it lasted a long time, but it didn't. In addition to her to discussing traditional Christian subjects such as prayer, creation, and the Garden of Eden, Edie reported visiting a library of the mind. Sometimes people call that the Acoshic.
Speaker 3: Records is that what she means?
Speaker 2: Maybe it says here. It became possible to know anything or anyone in history or the present in minute and unambiguous detail or in minute and unambiguous detail, as well as being able to observe individuals on Earth and being taken to distant reaches and civilizations of the universe. Warned initially upon arrival that she had died prematurely, so she was warned about it, Edie was told that she must return in order to fulfill the personal mission allocated tour. Its specific character, like numerous other details were removed from her memory in order. She said that she was told to prevent difficulties in her fulfilling it, so she knew what her mission was, but that got erased from her mind so that she so that she wouldn't have any difficulties fulfilling it. Upon protesting, she was made to understand the reason behind the necessity for her to return, and reluctantly agreed to do so. She exacted a promise that she would not be would not be made to stay on Earth longer than necessary. She reported her return to material corpore reality as extremely heavy feeling and unpleasant. Initially intermittent in phases, and accompanied not long after by a demonic visitation that was cut short by an angelic reappearance. Doctor reportedly verified her clinical death on a return visit to the hospital, attributing it to a hemorrhage during a nurse's shift change, and took great interest in her recollections. Independent verification of the length of her death was not possible, but she speculated that it could have lasted up to four hours based on her memory of certain details preceding and following it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why why when we say could have lasted four hours, is that the number four or just could have lasted for hours?
Speaker 2: Uh four? Yeah, like the number four yep, four hours? Yep. Geez.
Speaker 3: I mean, but how do you even quantify, Like we've said, time works different? There it do? Right?
Speaker 2: Well? I think that she was talking about the Yeah, it says the independent verification of the length of her death was not possible, but she speculated that it could have lasted up to four hours based on her memory of certain details preceding and following it.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm saying. Though, It's like that was a feeling that it was four hours. Do we even know that for a fact.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I'm saying. It wasn't possible. I guess they didn't, you know, keep tracking.
Speaker 3: A dream could last fuck, a dream could feel like it lasts a week and it last thirty seconds. Yeah, it's oh man, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, that's the problem with these kind of things is that they're pretty damn fluid, you know what I mean. Like it's hard to really grasp it, right, so it says. Subsequent to her experience, she spoke of it very little and suffered a long term depression. This she attributed to the anti climactic nature of returning to corpore reality or poor reality. That's a hard word to say. After experiencing the heaven of afterlife, she slowly became involved in near death groups and studies and gave talks. Subsequently, going on to write her account in book form, which she met with a runaway success. While her account incorporated elements of traditional Christianity, it also met with a certain degree of resistance as well. This was largely in part to its teaching, as she reported that she was given it that some denominations might approximate truths, might approximate truth better than others. She explains, however, that different teachings were more appropriate for certain individuals at their given age of spiritual development, and therefore judgment should not be passed on them from where they are, Unlike many fundamentalist Christians, and despite her her own strict Catholic upbringing and a temporary conversion to the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ through the Church of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints Mormon.
Speaker 3: She went from Catholic to Mormon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it says.
Speaker 3: That is not a transition you typically see people make.
Speaker 2: But I yeah, and it says. And after her near death experience, she refers to God as h E instead of He, so little h E instead of big ag and insists that all religions are necessary for each person. She claims that each religion is necessary for each person because of their different levels of spiritual enlightenment. This is contrary to the views shared by many Christian denominations worldwide the Christianity is the one true, valid religion. Many of her statements also are ambiguous or conflict with mainstream doctrine of the Trinity, and her website disavows the traditional condemnation of homosexuality. Okay, that's not what we came for. I mean, yeah, I disagree with that as well.
Speaker 3: But you know, so she changed from God being the big, big H to little Ah, basically saying that he is one of many or yeah, maybe is that it's like saying that God or little G God, little G God is everything from Odin and Zeus and Poseidon to you know, the Vishnu and Kristna and all these things. But the big g God is supposed to be like the guy. It's the same type of import there.
Speaker 2: So I know what she meant by that, because she was saying that she was like talking to angels and shit, and.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. But okay, so her experience basically told her that, like everybody is experiencing their own thing based off of what they know. Like all right, dumb, but okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean everybody. You need a lens to look through some people, I mean most, I guess. Anyway, we'll move on to the last story here. This is this, you know, and I looked up, like, what were the most profound nd EE stories, and so that one came up, and this one also came up as far as like not even just the most profound but the one of the most talked about and documented stories because I wanted to be able to like cause, you know, you go on to nderf dot org, you'll find you know their story in written form, and then enderf will ask them a bunch of questions. And usually the story is not, you know, documented until twenty or thirty years after, you know, just yeah, people not knowing that the website exists, or not wanting to talk about it or whatever. It Sometimes it's deeply personal you don't want to talk about it. I get it. But this is from Anita Morjani So. She's an author of a New York Times bestseller called Dying to Be Me. She uh after she was let's see so after she was diagnosed with stage two A Hodgkins lymphoma in two thousand and two and rejected conventional treatment. Morjhanni was taken to a hospital in two thousand and six, where she laid in a coma for thirty hours. This might be the one. This might be the one that we were talking about. Oh, I'm so happy. Okay, maybe I'm not sure. So anyway, She's Indian from Singapore. Her family moved to Sri Lanka, and when she was two years old, the family moved to Hong Kong, where she and her older brother, Anup, grew up. Morjanni and her brother studied British schools. Okay, let's get to the act experience. So, in two thousand and two, while living and working in Hong Kong, Morjanni was diagnosed with lymphoma after finding a lump on her neck. Initially, Morjanni rejected conventional medicine. I mean, I feel like that's pretty you know, regular within that culture, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, turumeric will fix everything, according to some people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it is. It is a miracle thing. But I don't know if it's that much of a miracle. Let's see. So she rejected the conventional medicine. She had watched several people close to her die of cancer, including her brother in law and her best friend. Despite extensive conventional treatments over the months that ensued, Morjohnny Experience experimented with various alternative healing practices to no avail. She subsequently underwent several conventional cancer treatments. However, by that point, despite beginning these treatments as as as she was brought into the hospital, her doctors informed her in her family that it was too late to save her life. The lymphoma had spread throughout her body and had metastasized. At that point, all of Morjohnny's organs had shut down and she entered into a coma. Marjohnny came out of the coma thirty hours later. During those thirty hours, more Johnny asserts that she experience experienced many characteristic details of a near death experience. Her account includes an out of body experiment experience with observations and awareness of physical surroundings. Morjanni said that she had a strong reluctance to return to her suffering and dying physical body, but was encouraged to return by her father and her best friend, who told her that she needed to return and live her life fearlessly subsequent Those are the people that had died subsequent to coming out of her coma. Morjohnnie's tumor shrank by about seventy percent within four days, and within five weeks she was cancer free. In release from the hospital, although she had spent a few months in physiotherapy to regain her strength and the use of all of her muscles and limbs, and Morjanni remains cancer free to this day. So interesting, it says. Murjohnny submitted the description of the of her nde and subsequent healing to the Near Death Experience Research Foundation website which I talked about, a site owned and run by oncologist Jeffrey Long and his wife, Jodi Long, a family law attorney. Borjhanni's story came to the attention of American self help author Wayne Dyer, who contacted his publishers hay House, asking them to locate her and suggest that she wrote a book which they would publish. So she wrote the book, and oh she went on Fox and Friends, Anderson Cooper, National Geographic, and many others. And then she wrote a book that sold millions worldwide, has been published in forty languages. Good for her, for her. In the years following, she wrote three additional books. Okay, so all right, it says. A medical explanation of recovery from cancer, it says. According to one article, oncologist chematologist T. K. Chan, who treated more Johnny at the critical stage of her illness, ascribed her recovering to the draining of her lungs carried out by medical specialists after she had been admitted to hospital, followed by chemotherapy, which she had refused for four years. Chan stated with lymphoma, it's never too late, and Hodgkins's disease is quite curable. It can have a dramatic response to chemotherapy. On the same article, on cologist Peter Coe, who arranged to see more Johnny and all of her medical records on a visit in November of two thousand and six, declared that chemotherapy could not have could not declared that chemotherapy could not have occasioned such a dramatic recovery, and all that it could have been highly toxic. Considering the state of her failing organs, Co stated either her mind or body was able to send a message to the cancer cells to turn off the mutated genes, and chemotherapy does work well with Hodgkins, but I've never seen it work like this.
Speaker 3: I mean, it makes sense also in another regard, right, So a tumor needs a living host to feed off of, and if the host is no longer living, the cancer starts to die. So I could also see that being a part of it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's it's crazy, the miraculous healing that people have after these experiences. Either it's miraculous healing. They have a new profound sense of life and purpose and everything that comes from it. Their their relationships with everybody surrounding them is entirely changed for the better. Their view of life is dramatically changed, and they're they living, they're living different ways. And I mean, look, if it's just an illusion, fucking that's a great illusion to have, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So and I only go into like what she saw on the other side or anything.
Speaker 2: That was a Wikipedia article, and they're terrible at describing shit. I'm sure I could find something, but she did get with Oh, what's the Indian guy? I can't remember what his name is. No, no, sad Guru, it's another guy. Anyway, I read one of his books, like Deepak Chopra. There we go. Yeah, so must have been pretty good. So this is the last article we'll get into. It says is a near death experience like a DMT trip. One neurosurgent, one neurosurgeon experienced both. WHOA I actually talked to somebody who has experienced both, and he goes, Dude, same exact thing, same exact fucking thing.
Speaker 3: Same, same dog.
Speaker 2: Same Now I don't know what this. I think that this is going to agree and also disagree, all right, but at least from one of my people who I know shout out to optimistic banks said that he had a near death experience and he's done DMT and he goes fucking no difference, So wow, which I felt compelling having never had a near death experience, but it tried DMT, and I felt like it was I don't know how you go farther than that, You know what I'm saying, That's that was my experience. I was like, what more could there be than that?
Speaker 3: But that also kind of leads more credence to the theory that it's your brain firing off the last bit of chemicals. It has to say that it's the same as a DMT trip. That kind of scientifically any way, that makes sense, But then that kind of takes away the spirituality aspect of it.
Speaker 2: I actually disagree. I think that our bodies are meant to react to certain things in very specific ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For example, you know, we do have naturally secreting body throughout our lungs, throughout our pineo glens. Some people say even throughout our spine depending on various you know sources, And I actually think that I'm I'm less entertained by the mechanism of how it happens as opposed to why it happens.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's it's the same conversation. And say that serotonin and dopamine can be released by petting a dog, that doesn't mean that petting a dog is a spiritual experience. It's a chemical thing that's like within our genetics in our DNA to release whenever we pet a dog actually is the same thing.
Speaker 2: I disagree with that. I think that everything. I think that everything in life can be a spiritual experience.
Speaker 3: I mean, sure, taking a shit can be a spiritual experience, but I mean that doesn't mean that it has to be.
Speaker 2: I mean I think that it's up to the individual to interpret what's spiritual and what's not.
Speaker 3: That's fair, sure, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean I've had boring ass sex and then I've had fucking spiritual sex. You know what I'm saying. Sometimes it just be like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, to your point, it's that's relative to the individual. I get that, But okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, I'm not even trying to get sexual. But like pizza. Know, like there are some pizzas that you're like, oh my god, I wouldn't feed the shit to my dog, right, And then there's other pizza where you like, fucking, oh my god, what angel in heaven created this?
Speaker 3: Right? Right? I get that.
Speaker 2: I go about cow zones. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's no, not calzones, dude, pizza. Come on now, let's be normal.
Speaker 2: Hold up, I'm gonna make you a caw zone one day. It's gonna fucking it's gonna really tickle your pickle.
Speaker 3: And I'm not anti Calzone. I'm just more pro pizza than I am cal Zone. You haven't tried my calzone, that's fair. I have not.
Speaker 2: And I'm not talking about the Adam Sandler Jennifer Aniston style fucking child sacrifice pizza. Okay, for all the pizza gate people out there, talking about actual ingredients that are in your fridge that are not chopped up from children's bodies.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's just get that clear. We're on a conspiracy podcast for Fox's sake. Yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: So anyway, this is from Big Thing. I actually really like this website. It's the one one neurosurgeon who experienced DMT and near death experience, so it says doctor Eban Alexander, a neurosurgeon, underwent a near death experience while in a coma and subsequently went on a psychedelic trip after taking a powerful variant of DMT. So it did both internally produced DMT as widely theorized to cause the near death experience. So Alexander's dual experiences could provide some intriguing, albeit anecdotal insights. Both d MT and and near death experience evoke feelings of transcending time and space and glimpsing the multiverse, while at the same time eliciting a sense of unity and love. But there were also profound differences, he says. So in two thousand and eight, doctor even Alexander contracted a rare case of bacterial meningitis. As the pathogen wrecked or racked his brain, causing it to well and suffused with pus, Alexander entered a deep, deep coma he was not expected to survive, but live he did, and with a tale to tell. For in Alexander's stricken state, he underwent a near death experience, a profound out of body event. Four years later, the neurosurgeon detailed it in a best selling book. I had no real center of consciousness, he wrote. I didn't know who or what I was, or even if I was. I was simply there, a singular awareness in the midst of a soupy, dark, muddy nothingness.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a DNT trip I do.
Speaker 2: More recently, Alexander's popular account of his near death experience attracted the attention of Pascal Michael, a PhD student in psychology at the University of Greenwich Greenwood.
Speaker 3: Would you say Greenwich, I think that's pronounced Greenwich that I don't know. You know, it's like the King's English versus American English.
Speaker 2: We say Greenway because that's what it fucking looks like. But anyway, Alexander, Michael.
Speaker 3: Say Sandwich or Sandwich or Sanwich. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sandwich. Yeah, that's where I go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Michael met Alexander after seeing him speak at an academic conference and was informed that Alexander had experimented with five me e O d MT. Oh. Interesting, that's like four ACO and five me O I believe are very similar. A psychedelic closely related to d MT secreted from the glands of the Colorado River toad. Oh that's buffo.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so nd E versus d MT. As Michael's current academic focus is on comparing the psychedelic experience with the near death experience, he was intrigued. It's widely theorized that the psychedelic drug n N d mt UH more commonly known as d MT could cause the near death experience since the brain might be flooded with with it as we approach the moment of death. DMD, after all, is produced in the body and is present in cerebo's spinal fluid in small amounts. Oh how about that confirmed? I like it. Michael responded that having undergone both a near death experience and a DMT psychedelic trip a rare coincidence, Alexander could provide a fascinating anecdotal comparison of the two events. Michael interviewed Alexander in November of twenty nineteen and subsequently wrote a scientific paper on what he gleaned from him. The article was published in the journal Frontiers in Psychology. In the interview, Michael asked Alexander to deeply describe both experiences per Alexander's recollections both evoked feelings of transcending time and space and glimpsing the multiverse, while at the same time eliciting a sense of unity with the surroundings, as well as a profound, almost divine love for everything and every one. The most vital similarity between Alexander's near death experience and his five DMT trip was, in quotes ego death, the dissolution of his sense of a sense of self. The annihilation in quotes, the annihilation, though temporary, of the sense of one's individuated self and all of its concomitant autobiographal and all of its autobiographal memories, often gives rise to an experience of being a cosmic being. Michael explained this he noted is key to the psychedelic induced mystical experience and any potential benefits extracted from it. Mike Alexander also described many differences between the two events, avowing that during his near death experience he came across both menacing and divine beings and even briefly ventured to another world at one point. He also passed through an abyssal emptiness and yet suffused with nurturing light and came upon a quote unquote threshold which a feminine entity prevented him from crossing. Due to these dissimilarities and the fact that, at least for him, the near death experience vastly surpassed that of the psychedelic Okay, so he's saying that the NDE was like way crazier than DMT. Okay, I can't imagine. So, yeah, Alexander does not ascribe to the theory that DMT causes near death experiences, preferring a transcendental explanation that he briefly glimpsed some form of afterlife, the five meo or the Buffo toad. Uh, the five neo was like looking through a little peopole as opposed to being full bore swimming and being immersed in the Pacific Ocean, of being completely into that oneness experience of the NDE. So a key hole versus the Holdham thing.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: So now we've just heard we were talking about this. There's so many people that say it's the same, same type of comparison. He is saying, it's not even close.
Speaker 2: It's similar, but not close. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So Michael notes, however, that all the contrasting moments and Alexander's near death experience are broadly characteristic of DMT psychedelic trips. So Alexander's episode, by no means disproves the broader theory that NDEs could be caused by the bodies internally produced psychedelic compounds, nor does it confirm it. Well, pretty freaking cool, dude, I mean, what do you think about all this?
Speaker 3: I'm still kind of on the fence with it, even after reading all of these things. I'm I'm not negating that indies might actually be a person peering into the other side, right, one hundred percent. But then, as I'm hearing these still kind of where I was in the beginning. Some of them can be chalked up to the brain having lack of oxygen. It could be chalked up to the brain firing off whatever chemicals are still left, you know, on standby before it dies. It's the same way that you know your body expels everything as you're dying. But that doesn't, like I said earlier, that does not neatly tie all loose ends together when you're looking at the vast amounts of indie stories that are out there, right, So I'm still kind of on the fence with it. To be honest with.
Speaker 2: You, Well, what is true is that you know the experiences are real. No matter what context you want to put it in, the experiences are real. The effects of set of said experience are definitely real. And I mean, I hope that I never have to experience a near death experience because it sounds brutal. I don't want to get run over by a fucking train, you know. I don't want to. I don't want to have some kind of brain issue or heart issue that would cause me to slip into that. However, if I do give you that NDE all.
Speaker 3: Day, baby, I would I would much rather just die. That's just me. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what most people say. They're pissed and they got to come back. That's what Jeremy Renner said.
Speaker 3: He was like, fuck if I'm if I'm already there, let me just continue the journey. I'm good. I've I've made my peace with this life, and I have tried my hardest to not cling to this life too quickly because they could be ripped out from under you to like, tonight, as I go to sleep, there may be a blood clot that I know nothing about because I've never done a scan for one that might dislodge itself. Go to my brain and tie to I don't wake up tomorrow morning. Like that's a reality, and that's a reality for everybody. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
Speaker 2: You will not.
Speaker 3: You don't know if you're gonna see tomorrow. So live this moment like it is your last. Live today as if it's your last day on earth. And then when the time comes, go, you know, die gracefully, sing your death song like a warrior going home.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know what, Jacob, I am older than you, so the likeliness that I die before you is probably higher than you dying before me.
Speaker 3: I mean, you live a lower risk life than I do. And I'm not saying that to shit on you. I'm saying that in a.
Speaker 2: Very positive Nowadays I do. Yeah, yeah, you're still doing the night fighting all your crazy shit.
Speaker 3: So, like, I hope to get a motorcycle here in the next six months or so, or at least in the next year, like me too.
Speaker 2: I was actually thinking, since I'm gonna be moving out to Arizona here in like five weeks now, Oh dude, I think I might have to get me a fucking hog, dude.
Speaker 3: I think you need one. I think you do.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably about that time, dude, to be out there with the mountains and the water and yeah, I mean just open desert.
Speaker 3: You know, the desert is the spot for bikes. Man. Ah one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I might have to get me a little one. Nothing crazy. I'm not trying to get no fat boy or anything like that, but I mean, you know, a starter bike. It depends on the style.
Speaker 3: If you're getting a sports bike, no, yeah, I get like six hundred or something like that. If it's if it's a cruiser style, I would suggest start with a one thousand, because even though it might be seen as a quote unquote bigger bike, it doesn't have the same amount of torque as a sports bike, and anything less than that you're gonna be bored of in six months. Well, unless it's like a little cafe racer or something. They got small motors, but they're quick and they're light and they're small, so it's it's like a weird blend between like a crowd rocket and a cruiser. But we'll talk more about that when the time comes. And you get some money put aside to buy one. But yeah, I mean, I'm it's definitely gonna be used if I get one. I'm not getting nothing brand new. I would love to get a brand new bike, but there's no way. My dream ideal like brand new bike would be like a Indian chieftain and bitches are so sick, but oh I love them, I love them so much. I'm happy that Polaris bought out the Indian name brand and they've revived it because it's been ever since World War Two. It's like the company's gone down, up and down and up, and you'll get companies try to like put some juice back into that and then they crash out. Polaris ain't going nowhere. So the Indian has been doing really well.
Speaker 2: But plays makes the best four wheelers too, for sure.
Speaker 3: Agreed, agreed, But yeah, no, I'm yeah, it'll probably be a used bike when I get one, let's be real. But yeah, but yeah, I mean the reality is I'll probably die before you. I hope.
Speaker 2: So what do you mean you hope?
Speaker 3: So I mean I'm I hope that like I can. Yeah, I guess that sounded depressing as fuck out. Well, it's sad you have a good life. Oh no, No, I'm not depressed by any means. And I'm not like I'm praying for death or anything. But I'm just like, I am excited to die. Like, let's not get that twisted either, I think. So, Yeah, I'm completing my race.
Speaker 2: I mean, I thought I wouldn't say that I'm looking forward to it, but I will happily accept it when it when it occurs.
Speaker 3: I am looking forward to it, but I'm also not got a rush. Yeah, I'm not in a rush to get there, but like super stoked when the time comes, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did have some more notes here that we can go over. It's up to you. It's uh, just you know, because I've never had a near death experience and i've and we read that article. But then I also heard my buddy, you know, talking about NDEs and you know, psychedelic experiences, and I wanted to pull up some notes here that I had that were kind of comparing them. That will also split the difference as well. So it says there are strong similarities between NDEs and DMD induced ego deaths, and many researchers, mystics and psychonauts believe that they may be tapping into the same underlying mechanism of consciousness. So there are core similarities. So there is ego dissolution and loss of self. So in an NDE, in a near death experience, people report leaving their body no longer identifying with it, and experiencing themselves as pure awareness. The sense of I often dissolves into something vast, so that's an NDE. As far as the DMT ego death, it says the self shatters, dissolves, and merges with an infinite field of consciousness. The usual quote unquote story of me disappears, replaced by timeless awareness. So that similar. And then there is the to and light phenomena.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an NDE.
Speaker 2: It's as a common motif is moving through a through a tunnel toward an overwhelming light, often described as pure love or divine presence. That's an NDE. DMT it's as many report tunnels, vortexes, or hyperspace passages into a realm of brilliant light and geometry. The light can feel like God or source itself.
Speaker 3: I will say that that is such a cliche at this point the whole don't go into the light the whole INDE thing about people seeing a tunnel with the light of the end of it. That's so prevalent that that has even become a thing in movies that we hear it out right, Like it's that seems to be a very common thread with indes.
Speaker 2: Checks out though. I mean, if you get so many people saying that same thing.
Speaker 3: But you also, with your DMT experience and you've done for ACO and you've done pure and all this, did you see a tunnel with a light? Now, I know you saw lights and patterns and you know the geometrics shit like that, but did you see a tunnel or something even close to it? I don't remember you ever saying that you did.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't see a tunnel by any means, although on DMT you do feel like you're being blasted through a tunnel until you get to your destination. Okay, it's like it like how they were just saying, like hyperspace like fucking zoom all the way there, like it is, you're a fucking strip to a rocket going like a million miles an hour.
Speaker 3: So I know that, like Lemon, rockets are a thing when you're taking DMT, like four Aco and things like that and mushrooms and whatever. Is that a thing when you smoke pure DMT, you know what I'm saying, Like, you take you like a shot of lemon juice or something, then smoke DMT, does that like double down the blast off like it does with like four ACO or with mushrooms.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, for four eight there's no blast off with mushrooms and four eco.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, well it is apparently allegedly if you take some citrus with it, it does. I don't know that for a fact, but that seems to be what people say.
Speaker 2: So in my experience, because I have done mushrooms for ACO and DMT, DMT is the most like it's the most That's just the best way I can put it. Is the most psychedelic thing you could ever do. There's nothing more powerful than that. And they do say that it's the world's most powerful and potent psychedelic drug there is is DMT. That being said, I prefer for ACO. I still have a grasp on fucking reality. I mean, it's an overlaid reality. So it's like this reality plus the trippy reality laid on top of each other. But at least I'm still here. You know what I'm saying, DMT, you don't fucking exist anymore, bro, Like you are not you anymore. Like it's it's more than whenever you go to sleep and you have a dream, like you know, you feel a little dissociated or whatever. Right, it's it's that times I thought, like you, I'm a time god, honestly, like it is. I hope that you experience it one day, maybe one day. I just think that that would I would love to hear how you experience it, specifically you, hmmm, Like I want to hear your experience, I think more than anybody else on the on on the planet, Like I would mean, I would rather hear your experience than my parents. I would rather hear yours than I can't even think of anybody who would rather hear about than yours.
Speaker 3: I feel like you would be underwhelmed with my response.
Speaker 2: I doubt it. I feel like I feel like you think you're going to be underwhelmed.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, I know I get that, like I will be blown away, Like I get that, but how my brain computes it makes sense of it all. I feel like it's going to be like underwhelming for you. I could be wrong. Who knows, maybe one of these days will do it. Bro.
Speaker 2: I think that yeah, you I know how you would look at it and you be like, oh yeah, it was crazy, you know but whatever. You know, like like kind of how you know what I mean, Like you had your whole mushroom experience. You saw fucking gears and you saw how everything was really flowing with life, and you're like, man, that was a thing. Whatever.
Speaker 3: It just made sense, Like it didn't like blow my mind and make me like rethink how I'm living life and like, oh my god. It was just kind of like huh, so that's how that works. It. All of the things have to work together, the good and the bad. If one thing's out of place, it all falls apart. Got you, Okay? It was like all right, but it was it wasn't like an earth shattering experience, right.
Speaker 2: I would hope that you would have like a crazy spiritual experience.
Speaker 3: M you know, maybe one of these days we'll find out together, bro.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I'm not gonna lie. After I did that DMT trip, I we got it recorded, I said that I wouldn't want fucking even Hitler to have to experience what I experienced, like that's how dramatic and how like, yeah, dude, it fucking it put me into a depression for like two or three months, Like, no.
Speaker 3: I remember it was that. That's what I'm saying. Man, I don't I don't like want to jump on board that.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, But I'm so much fucking better now as a result of it, like not even shitting' you. Like the way I look at this fucking reality as we exist. I'm like, I do, I really don't take shit serious and because of that, but I get it. It's not that I look at it like it's a joke. It's just that they know that. I know even more now that it's like it's so temporary that don't even sweat the small shit. It's so incredibly temporary.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, I agree one hundred percent. Bro. As the Bible says, this too shall pass.
Speaker 2: It do so anyway they there is the tunnel and light phenomena. Then there's also encounters with beings under both instances, so a near death experience, it says uh. Under a near death experience, contact with deceased relatives, guides, angels, or divine presences who communicate telepathically, and then with d MT, there's contact with quote unquote entities, whether they be machine elves, teachers, gods, ancestors. Communication is direct, beyond words, often deeply symbolic. Pretty similar there, I mean, no machine eels in an NDE. But then there's the life review and revelation. So a near death experience, it says, some undergo a panoramic life review, feeling their actions impact on others with total empathy. You hear that a lot yew DMT, it says, while not always a review, users report being shown profound truths about their lives, karmic patterns, or humanity's collective story. So different in that aspect. I don't know if I ever heard of a life review on DMT, but definitely hear about them a lot on near death experiences.
Speaker 3: No, that's a good point. I don't think I've ever heard someone take DMT and like have a replaying of their life by.
Speaker 2: Any means, right, right, But it happens all the fucking time in ndies. Yeah. Then there's timelessness and unity. So in NDEs time stops. The person often feels eternal, outside of space and time and merging with what they say. The all d MT it says time collapses or becomes meaningless. Some describe experiencing eternity in minutes with a deep sense of unity with existence. Interesting, damn, that makes me think a little bit.
Speaker 3: Uh, tell me, tell me what does it make you think of?
Speaker 2: Well, just whenever I had that fucking bad DMT trip, like it made me like, you know, I was in the void and it, dude, it put me into a fucking depression so far, like for months after it, Like I said, but you know, and I felt like I I felt like nothing existed, including me, you know, and I felt like literally I killed everything and it was all my fault and everything right. But then as I you know, meditated on it and recollected exactly what I saw and what I felt and everything, I came to feel like a crazy comfort in knowing that even even in the void, I was still able to perceive my own awareness, which is crazy because if it was the void, nothing would exist. So if nothing existed, I wouldn't exist. But I did. I was there, I witnessed it, so that to me, that to me signals that even when nothing exists, we still do in some way. And I don't know how else to describe that but that's brought me a lot of peace actually thinking that good things. It says, there's transformation afterward. NDEs survivors often lose fear of death, develop heightened spirituality, and change priority in life. In DMT, many return with a radically shifted worldview, often more spiritual, compassionate, and less materialistic. Same kinds of transformations afterward. Possible explanations, It says, there's the biochemical explanation that both may involve DMT release in the brain. The pineal gland and dying neurons may flood the brain with DMT during extreme trauma or death states. Then there's the oxygen deprivation, which is hypoxia. Can also create tunnel vision, bright lights and vivid haint hallucinations. That's the biochemical explanation, yeah, which I'm not saying that that's not happening. I'm just saying that I think that maybe that's not all that's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then explanation number two, which is neurological, So both experiences correlate with surges of high frequency brain activity such as gamma waves just before or after clinical death, similar to what's seen and psychedelics. Interesting Okay, yeah, you always hear about the gamma. Shit, which gamma? So I've talked about like the different states of your fucking mind or whatever. You got beta, alpha, theta, and then usually delta is right after that, but some people include gamma, which is an even deeper meditative state, even deeper than theta. So theta is right before you fall asleep or as soon as you wake up. Right, this is suggesting. So there are people that go beyond that, which is gamma. Right, Think about like a fucking yogi that's meditating for a week. You know what I'm saying, Like that guy is gonna be way deeper than somebody who's about who's about to fall asleep, right, makes sense? Right, And so that's what they say, is that on psychedelics and in near death cases where they are being monitored, gamma waves are happening. So it's almost as if your brain is emulating that you are in such a super fucking yoga deep meditation that it's allowing you to see this kind of stuff neurologically.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean I see that. It's like whim Hoff, right, he does breathing techniques and meditation to give himself a d MT trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same thing. And then there is the metaphysical one. And I don't think that these are even separate. I think that they could all be happening. So the biochemical, the neurological, and the metaphysical. So the metaphysical explanation is that some propose that some propose both are gateways to non ordinary realms of consciousness. Both as in DMT and NDEs are their gates to non ordinary realms of consciousness, not hallucinations, but glimpses into other dimensions or the afterlife. That's the thing, that's what I wanted to bring up earlier, as far as the NN DMT studies is not an NDMT. The DMT studies that were ever in London, they said that they were able to prove without a shadow of a doubt that this reality that we experience in waking life is more of a hallucination than what you experience on psychedelics or in an ear death experience. And their explanation behind that is that our brain and our eyes and our mind, and you know, we take in fucking sixty thousand thoughts a day, and you know, all this information is constant. I think they said that we take in like seven thousand. I don't know if it's fucking gigabytes or whatever. I think seven thousand gigabytes of parabytes. Well, seven thousand gigabytes of information per second is what our brain has to process, right, do you know how many we actually are aware of? It's fifty out of seven thousand. Wow, so seven and no, that's right. It wasn't seven thousand gigabytes or whatever. It was seven thousand. Things Like, your brain is taking seven thous bits of information and it's fucking breaking it down into fifty, right, Whereas whenever you're on DMT or any other psychedelic or you're going through a near death experience, that broadens to over a thousand, which is why so many people say it's more real than anything I've ever seen, because their brain is not filtering out it is. You are getting the raw data. Yeah, so the brain almost look at the brain like it's a fucking it's a filter in waking reality. And whenever you're on DMT or you're going through a near death experience, that filter is fucking off, that veil is gone. So what they have surmised is that whenever you're you know, under one of those circumstances that that's not the hallucination, that waking reality is more of a hallucination than even that because there is no filter, and our filter is would be which is it's an interesting way of looking at it, because you would you would expect like, all right, well, hallucination is just something that your mind is making up that's not really there, right, whereas they're looking at it from the opposite end saying that actually, a hallucination is something that is happening, but your brain is fucking making the amount of information smaller to be able to process it. That's the hallucination itself. So it's like looking at it from different ends of the spectrum, which I think is pretty cool. Okay, wow, it says in this view, DMT is not creating illusions, but opening the filter of the brain to wider reality, just as dying removes the filter altogether. So very similar in those aspects. The key differences are control and duration. NDEs happen spontaneously, usually lasting longer, though they may feel like they're outside of time DMT, So that was NDEs. DMT ego death is chemically induced, short lived within minutes, though equally intense there's the content consistency, so NDEs often have recurring light tunnel and life review archetypes, where d MT can be more varied with wild geometry, alien like realms and be less predictable symbolism. The cultural framing would be. NDEs are often interpreted in religious slash spiritual terms, for example, meeting God, angels, Christ, et cetera. D MT users may frame it as alien contact, alien contact simulation theory, or cosmic consciousness. So they rhyme but not the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just like that.
Speaker 2: I like knowing that there's somewhat similar, you know, I'm I actually kind of like that they're.
Speaker 3: Not the same. I do because I mean because I want to be surprised.
Speaker 2: I want to be surprised whenever that time comes, you know what I'm saying, Like I wanted to be a once in a lifetime thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, to show all their similarities makes it sound like it's just a DMT trip when you die, right, But then to hear their differences, then there are some very nuanced differences here. It tells us that there's more going on here. So I mean, there's a lot to take in here.
Speaker 2: Well, I also like that they are they're similar but not the same, because whenever people are having near death experiences, they say, well, oh, it's just DMT that's firing off. Well, if it's just DMT firing off, you'd be experiencing the same exact fucking thing. There wouldn't be any differences, right, Yeah, So it can't just be that.
Speaker 3: Now. I'm also wondering if that's because it's the DMT that your body made for you right now, like to the whim Hoff breathing exercises to give yourself a DMT trip. I am curious if that is more closely related to an NDE as opposed to outside DMT entering your body. Now understand, chemically it breaks down the same. I'm with that one hundred percent, but it's like, uh, how could I put this. It's it's like wearing a tuxedo that was made for somebody else that's kind of your size, and it'll still fit you well and you can still wear it to a wedding and it's all good, as opposed to wearing a custom fit tux that was tailor made for your specific body. Yes, I'm wondering if the breathing exercise and meditation release of DMT. And I'm not talking about like a euphorious sense for meditation. I mean, like a true DMT trip from these exercises. How would that differ from external DMT use, And how do both of those differ from NDE And are they different or are the similarities even more so, I'm you know, it's fascinating.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think that you can overdose on DMT.
Speaker 3: No, you can't. I mean, I guess you can go to the other side a little too far and just never really come out of it. But it's not like you're gonna die from it, bro.
Speaker 2: And you hear fucking stories about that. And to be honest, that's what's scared the fuck out of me more than anything was knowing that. Like whenever I was in the void, I was like, oh my god, I fucking just broke it. Yeah, and I'm done. I'm stuck here. That's that's the nightmare of it. That because it is a possibility, not like not very high odds of it happening, like it's happened only a handful of times, I believe, Like it's not something that's like one percent of all. No, it's not even that. It's like so minute, the possibility, but even still, just the just the fact that it fucking does happen scared the ever living fuck out of me.
Speaker 3: It's it's a wild, wild thing, dude, And I think maybe one day I'll experience that. But I'm also not like super excited to go do that like next week. I'm you know, we'll see it.
Speaker 2: When the time is right, it'll happen. I am planning to go trip this weekend.
Speaker 3: So word up. You are in the woods, go into the desert. What you're doing? Ummmmm? I think are actually going to a lake there you go. Yeah, so that'll be fun. We're gonna go skywatching.
Speaker 2: Ah, I try to have a little uh or experience of the fifth kind? Is it possibly close encounter off kind? There you go, maybe called out Affleaadians or something, get a little weird.
Speaker 3: I hope it goes well for you, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be fun. But anyway, good cult members, let us know what you think about all this. I mean, what do you think about near death experiences? Do you think this is just a hallucination? Do you think that it's on some shit? I'm sure I could have done a lot better if I wasn't sick and congested, and I can't even fucking think and put words together right now. I tried to do my very best with it. But I think that anybody who's ever legitimately looked into near death experiences and heard somebody's stories or read somebody's stories, you don't forget it. You don't forget the feeling that you had after you read or listened to the story, because it's profound and it causes you to think, you know what I mean, Like anybody who just listens to that and just goes, eh, that's probably not real. Like you're not giving it the credit that it deserves because it is profound shit, no matter I mean, And it's hard to compartmentalize it for a lot of people, and so maybe that's why they would, you know, rather not. And I'm not even sitting here to say that I have I have correctly compartmentalized it, because I definitely haven't. I still don't know what to do with it. I mean, does it does it prove that we go to a specific place? No, you know, does it prove that a specific religion is the right one? No? You know what I mean? Like, there's still a lot of very open ended questions. But just the fact that it has happened tens of thousands of documented times. That's just documented by the way, right, and that's just over the last what sixty years, fifty years something like that. I mean no telling how many stories like this have, you know, stretched all across humanity. Almost makes you wonder if animals happen. Do you think animals got DMT?
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, for sure. I mean the same way they have serotonin and dopamine. Their brains produce very similar chemicals to ours, and I guess that varies animal to animal. Mammals probably have a little closer to it than like reptiles, but I mean reptiles might have a version of it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've seen my dog like kicking and running while he's dreaming, so that must be a DMT thing.
Speaker 3: Absolutely good call members, Tell us what you think about this. Do you think NDEs are just your brain firing off? Do you think that it is just DMT? Do you think that there is something about you piercing the veil and looking on the other side of it, even for a moment, only to return back to earth and you know, restore your life to what it once was, tell us what you think about it. That is the best way to support the show. I will talk about that in a moment, but before I do, another way that you could support the show would be to go to the link in the description below. Go to coc so dot com. Link in that description, like I said, and get your starting the buying and selling and trading of gold and silver, boy and listen, gold is over three thousand dollars an ounce. Silver is a little over thirty five dollars an ounce. Okay, I think right now it's like thirty five thirty six. I don't think it's broke forty yet, while it's still affordable, get your hands on some right now. Okay. When you fill out your information at ccsilver dot com, our homeboy Wayne Clark is gonna be the one to reach out to you and get you squared away. Do you want to buy a little bit? Do you want to buy a lot of it? Do you want to put a portion of your retirement nest egg into precious metals, which every financial advisor will tell you that you should do. Now is the time to buy once again. Cecsilver dot com link is in that description below. But like we said, we want to hear from you. What do you think about in DESE, how does it compare to DNT, What is your personal experience with it? Do you have a family member that had an experience with it? We want to hear all about it and the best way that you could do that what be two? Please at this time hit the five starts at the shares of lif suscribes comments like a post, reviews, shared it just for the family shares. If we're here's the deal. The more activity the algorithm seats across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted to more potential listeners. Who could that become potential cult members? Like there Steve, Fine, ladies and gentlemen, why are you gonna go check out Meta mysteries other till the show and get them the same lever respect over there with the five star views and the positivity in the comments. Come check out the Cage to Night and come join each of us for individual patrons, and we host every Wednesday night at nine pm Central, And we thank you for everybody's already gone and done so.
Speaker 2: And I also want to say too, just before we wrap it up, that if you enjoyed this kind of conversation. We have these kinds of conversations all the time on Meta Mysteries podcast. We're always diving into the spiritual, We're always diving into the psychedelic. We're always diving into the philosophical and the magical and every single thing in between. We like to really try and figure out what the hell is going on in this world, in this life, in this existence, and we're trying to figure out not ways to hack it, but maybe ways to optimize it. So, so if you want to go check us out, we are. We actually have a YouTube, so if you want to be able to watch all the videos and everything, I think you can go check out our YouTube. We're not worried about being banned over there because we don't talk about political suicidal two shots to the back of the head kind of thing. It's a little bit more acceptable I guess on YouTube algorithms. Uh so, yeah, we're on YouTube. Check us out at TikTok, Instagram, those kind of places. And also you'll see that every Monday and Friday we do have shows that are dropping on the Cult of Conspiracy. If you want to get those shows a day sooner, then go listen to them over at Meta Mysteries Podcast on the Meta Mystery Meta Mysteries platform if you're listening on Spotify or Apple, But if you want to get access to the shows even sooner than that, then you would go over to Patreon where it's completely commercial free. And we also have a live show every Wednesday night. We call it Wonder Wizday. If you want to get real weird with all of the other one, that's what we call our listeners over there. So yeah, just go check it out. I mean, it's it's it's a fun time, dude, if you're interested in, you know, just the weirdness of this can matrix or the simulation or dream or whatever it is. So yeah, we appreciate everybody that's gone and checked out that show. It's a passion project, just like this one. And they were both gone out of love and uh so we appreciate everybody that's gone and checked this out over there. But with that the except this was another beautiful episode of the Cult of Conspiracy. And my name is Jonathan and there's one very important, extremely vital piece off that us.
Speaker 3: Hey, cult members, Jacob here just want to ask who wants better sex the best way to get started is to go to Adam and Eve dot com Right now, Adam Eve is offering fifty percent off just about any item, but that's not all. When you get one item, they will also send three bonus sexy items and six free movies. They offered a screen shipping as your privacy is a priority, plus free shipping on your entire order. Doesn't matter how much you spend or what you buy. All we packaged and sent discreetly for free. That's fifty percent off one item and ten free gifts to boot bring more pleasure and satisfaction into your bedroom. Just go to Adam and Eve dot com and select any one item. It could be an adventurous new toy or anything you desire. Just enter the offer code cult at checkout and you'll get fifty percent off almost any item, plus ten free gifts, three bonus items, six free movies, and free shipping. Use the offer code cult that see ult at Adam and Eve dot com. Now. This is an exclusive ofll for specific to this podcast, so be sure to use this code to get you not just the discount and the free goodies, but also the one hundred percent free shipping with the code Cult