Speaker 1: I opened the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine, The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 2: The Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Kaufman and Lynt Entry Attorneys. Good morning, Michael, Good morning, gents. How are you?
Speaker 3: I know you guys are happy. I'm sure Taco has the magic sign back out in his front yard, because that was more like it last night.
Speaker 4: That was Orlando Magic basketball last night.
Speaker 3: Came out against the struggling Sixers, flipped the switch and looked like the gritty, gutty, defensive minded team they've been all season. Of course, the game before they got they got just you know, outshot in the game before and did not play good defense last night, though they beat the Sixers one O six one Oho too. The Fronds a thirty five points last night. That's his second straight thirty plus point game. I think that's his What is that? That's his eight straight game of scoring at least twenty points. The guy is proving he's an All star. He was twelve to twenty three last night. You know what I love about the Franz as well? Everything I do love everything about the Frother jacket, the motorcycle, the whole deal. Yeah, the respects of mister Cunningham. Yeah, he definitely has not jumped the shark like the fawns did. But he makes his free throws. The guy makes his free throws. Made all ten of his free throws last night. Not enough guys shoot a good percentage of free throws in the NBA. You know the Franz works on that, so good for him.
Speaker 2: You alluded to it, But to be fair, the seventy six ers are quite depleted right now. So yeah.
Speaker 1: And also you alluded to the sign in my front yard that has since gone. But I do have the magnet on the back of my car. All right there, you get there, you get. Speaking of the NBA, Hey, Lakers, how did that taste? How did that taste? One thirty four to ninety three. The Lakers go down in flames last night to the Miami Heat.
Speaker 4: I'm a little torn.
Speaker 3: You know how much I hate the Lakers, but I don't gotta laugh when the Lakers get beat. I do feel bad though, for our boy JJ Reddick, who's the coach of the Lakers. Lakers are not playing well right now. They started out good, but I think they've lost six of eight, and they've lost those six games by an average of twenty two points per game. So they're getting absolutely emasculated out on the floor.
Speaker 2: That's it's kind of happened to a nicer bunch of guys. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know it's even better with that loss last night is that it's Lebron's former team.
Speaker 4: That's right, the heatles.
Speaker 2: Forty one points. Jesus man. Let's let's let's put that in football terms. Would that be like a sixty three to nothing drubbing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say it would be worse.
Speaker 2: Really, Okay, all right, I'll take that anyway.
Speaker 4: The UCF coaching rumors are out there.
Speaker 3: Lynch text me yesterday, Hey, have you heard the John Gruden rumor about John Gruden?
Speaker 2: I don't buy that. I don't buy it at all. I don't buy any of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, there were a lot of reports yesterday that UCF had had reached out the Lincoln Riley of USC.
Speaker 2: Why the world would he leave USC to go to UCF.
Speaker 4: Well, he's he's struggling at USC.
Speaker 3: They were six and six this year, but he's got fifty three million dollars left on his contract.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's gonna walk out.
Speaker 3: I'm fifty three million dollars to take a three or four million dollar year job at UCF. Not that UCA.
Speaker 4: It's not a good job.
Speaker 2: But come on now, and do you see John Gruden wanting to deal with the realities of the portal and nilt.
Speaker 1: No, but he'd hire somebody to do that stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm so John Gruden, John Gruden, if he wants to get back in the coaching, he's gonna.
Speaker 4: Have to get back in the coaching, right, I like, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't I wouldn't object to them hiring a retread coach like Jim bow Fisher or Dan Mullen who's hungry to get back in. I don't know about John Gruden. He's got in coach college ever. I saw the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 1: I saw Mullen yesterday and in an interview, and he's like, why would I leave this? And of course he's you know, it's tongue in cheek. He probably already is talking to all these schools. But he's like, you see f Ford and he mentioned the other two big schools where and he's like, well, why would I leave this fun job to go deal with the stress, and he went into the whole thing up.
Speaker 2: He goes the night before.
Speaker 1: You don't sleep, and then he goes, I get done with this show.
Speaker 2: I have a win every time, and I sleep at night. Well, the coaching position would add a few zeros to the paycheck. Yeah, but he's already gotten zeros, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He evidently he's made a bunch of money in investments as well. I wrote my notes Callum today Orlando Sentinel dot com.
Speaker 4: You can read it.
Speaker 3: By the way, I compile a list of the UCF coaching candidates year ready for it. Lincoln Riley, Scott Frost, Jamie Chadwell, Dan Mullin, jimbo Fisher, John Gruden, Urban Meyer, Kirby Smart, Bill Belichick, Stan Van Gundee, Tiger woods Dale Earnhardt Jr. And Foghorn Leghorn. Those are your candidates, right. It's amazing all the rumors out there. So I told you to put coach coach Mark Daniels in there. It would be hard to call the game and coach the game. But if there's somebody that could do it, he could do it.
Speaker 2: How did a signing day end up turning out for UCF?
Speaker 4: Not good? No, not good.
Speaker 3: I think they signed a total of seven recruits yesterday. There's seventy second in the country. According to these you know, sort of arbitrary recruiting rankings twenty four to seven sports dot Com, I think is the most reliable. They ranked UCF number seventy two in the country. That's ten spots behind usfyay, So that just goes to show you not a very good recruiting class for UCF. The usual suspects were at the top, Texas number one, followed by Alabama, Georgia, Oregon, Ohio State. The top ten had eight SEC schools in at. Florida was number eleven, Miami was number fourteen, FSU was number twenty five. And as we mentioned, you see if number seventy two ouch, yeah, yeah, not good.
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 1: Ye once we if we get a solid coach here at U SEF, then all of a sudden, people start you know transferred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you to have a coach. That's kind of good question.
Speaker 2: Hey, real quick. Thursday night football tonight, we got a banger with the Packers and the Lions. Bulldog.
Speaker 4: I know that's in Detroit. I think Detroit will probably win that game.
Speaker 2: I'll be out ahead of the game pre partying with Bud Light Coming to Brevard tonight at Cocoa Beach Fish Camp there on on North Atlantic sixt eight. If you want to come by, we'll have some some goodies.
Speaker 4: Stomping grounds out there.
Speaker 1: I used to live over in Satellite I heard, I heard you and shot doctor used to hang ten.
Speaker 3: Huh absolutely serving with Kelly Slater all the time.
Speaker 1: Against six to eight Cocoa Beach Fish Camp tonight. That place looks cool too, and you're gonna have the b w L stickers and coozies as.
Speaker 2: Well as Welcome to Rockville tickets and Monster Jam tickets. So come on out and have a cold.
Speaker 3: This Jaguars, by the way, shut down Trevor Lawrence yesterday. He's on injury reserve after that cheap shot he took.
Speaker 2: And the lightning back on the ice after having many days off in a row their home against San Jose the Bulldog. Mike beyon Key, host of Open Mic on AM seven FM ninety six to ninety game weekdays on Adjacent to Us, thank you for taking the time out of your show to join us for the Sports page each morning here on j R R. Brought to you by Kaufman Inland.
Speaker 3: Listen The under Oath with Attorney Jeff copp and every Saturday morning seven thirty FM ninety six nine the game. Catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform, oh oh.
Speaker 1: Clinching Taco on demand, download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime, anywhere. This is JR R.
Speaker 2: From the Bogan Munson