Speaker 1: Got your computer screen cleaned off there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was something on it. When you say are you ready, I feel like I need to like grab my seat to hold on. Make it sound very intense.
Speaker 1: It's like the ride in Las Vegas that shoots you straight up in the air. Have you ever seen that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll never get on that, but I've definitely seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh I would do that for sure.
Speaker 3: No, Oh god, I throw up that.
Speaker 1: And the one at the Stratosphere when you can go out over the edge.
Speaker 2: Hello, are you kidding? What is the one? Is it the Grand Canyon that they have a sea through glass floor and you walk way out over the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 1: It might be the Grand Canyon. I know they have that in that big Tull. It used to be the Sears Building in Chicago. I would struggle with that one.
Speaker 2: The Sears Building also has windows that lean out and you're supposed to lay on them. Oh it makes my butt pucker just thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not pucker. Yes, but pucker's been called friends.
Speaker 2: How does it hurt your butt to think about? You're not afraid of heights at all?
Speaker 1: Not really, No, I really am. Not like I've always wanted to climb a radio Tower.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, you know what. There's a movie on Netflix. I think it's called Tower, and it's about these two girls who climb up to the top of a radio tower and then get stranded up there. And a ton of reviews were that people were getting physically ill during the movie because of all the shots showing how far, how high up they were, how far down it was.
Speaker 1: There was a movie about a rock climber, the guy that climbed El Capitan in Yusemite with no ropes. I can't remember his name, saved my life. But they said that about that movie too, because they filmed it, you know, as he was climbing and looking down and all that stuff. So I don't know. I don't know if I would want to watch it. I struggle more with seeing it than doing it, you know, Like if I see on Instagram a guy way way up high, I get woozy. But when I it doesn't bother me. I know it is strange. By the way, friends, my name is Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat a serb wife whose lifelong dream is to domesticate a wild raccoon.
Speaker 2: Yes, I so desperately want a baby raccoon that is mine. They're sneaky, they're so smart when you when you when you nurture out of them their need to want to scratch your face off. They're apparently incredible pets to have and very smart people actually have this past. Yeah, people who've rescued him and then they can't get him back out into the wild or they re release him at the pets always come back and visit them and stuff like that. Raccoon, God, I would love that.
Speaker 1: I remember opening up this before I knew. You open up a trash can and I take trash can out to the curb, and then I went out to get it and there's this rustling inside of it. I open it up, I look at there's a freaking raccoon and they're staring back at me like I got stuck here.
Speaker 2: Dude, Yeah, well help and then I'll be on my way.
Speaker 1: I just knocked it over and he just scurried off. Just I think it was the same raccoon that sat at my dog's bowl and ate his dry food with his little hands.
Speaker 2: And then and then Bumper was put a stop to that. Bumper killed him, Like I don't share my food right now, No, I don't.
Speaker 1: Fight us on Instagram at The Sandy Show official facebooks at The Sandy Show Radio. Here's what you got coming up for you, Tricia, one of your favorite people celebrating a birthday. We normally don't do birthdays on the show, but this is worth telling you about.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also some care, don't care. Things to look forward to for the month of April, and the story we love coming up?
Speaker 2: Ah, my first funny?
Speaker 1: All right, give me your first funny.
Speaker 2: My first funny. I have the paper towel habit of a much wealthier person.
Speaker 1: You do you really did?
Speaker 2: I love a paper towel. I also gotta watch myself on Kleenex.
Speaker 1: And toydy paper.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna use all the toilet paper. I'm just saying, act like Kleenex is free.
Speaker 1: Sometimes stay with us, We've got more coming up. This is the Sandy Show. Chrisa's got the story we love in just a moment. Also stick around because one of Trista's favorite people is celebrating a bird birthday today and we don't normally do birthday lists on this show, but this is worth talking about. And also a person who I think had the single greatest moment on a singing competition show. Okay, also celebrating her birthday. All right, so stay with us. We've got all that and some more fun stuff coming up. The stories we love from the elect host studio The one, the only PUSHAA.
Speaker 2: The whisper at the end is amazing. All right, here we go. Dating apps. A new dating app called Tribal is encouraging people to make more meaningful, deeper connections and not judging a big bites cover by immediately swiping left or right and a split second. So in order to promote this, it matches peoples based on compatibility, but then it blurs the user's profile photos for the first seventy two hours that you are connecting with this person, and during that time potential matches can chat with each other. There is a voice memo feature so you can hear each other's voices and then through that you determine whether or not there's a spark before you end up getting the big reveal and finding out what the person looks like.
Speaker 1: And the founder of it. The creator of it is named Rachel Harker. For me, in my opinion, Rachel Harker might be the most annoying person in the World.
Speaker 4: Tribal is essentially a friendship and dating app, but it's really based on psychology and it's all about combating loneliness in the improving social connection. Chines use technology in a really positive way. So the profile build and the questions are all around compatibility and values, and that's how people are matched and brought together. And I guess the psychology behind that is having aligned values and really trying to just eliminate that kind of superficial swipe culture.
Speaker 2: Yes, so sexy Rachel, so romantic.
Speaker 1: Chel, Like, Wow, I hope you don't have a lot of money in this.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like, I mean, we're just trying to find somebody that we're like, Okay, I can stand hanging out, Like, where's the I'm so attracted you, where's the spark the heat? Not the are values aligned?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh dating apps are killing romance, killing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're trying to eliminate any chance of failure, right, And that's kind of part of getting to know who you are and what you want, right.
Speaker 2: And I feel like if you were to talk to a lot of our friends who are married, it's the what happened to that whole saying opposites attract, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, you and I are a good example of opposites attracting. Right.
Speaker 2: You and I are very very different. We have very similar and important ways, Like our humor is the same. Yeah, and things, don't you know bother us? I don't know. It's it's it's there's no way to technically be like to find your soulmate without some spark and some in person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rachel Harker wants to make it a whole lot harder than it is. She was trying to eliminate the trial and error part of relationships.
Speaker 2: Right, and that's where the fun stuff kind of comes in. The crappy stuff. Sure, because I've heard a bunch of really crappy stories about Fritt with friends who've been on dating apps. I get that, But there's no way to make that go away. It's humans. You can't predict them. It's called impulse, it's called chemistry. You're right, Ah, what a bummer?
Speaker 1: That is the story We love more Coming up, one of Tricia's Booze, one of her favorite people in the world that she's attracted to for random reasons. Celebrating a birthday today, and we'll get to that in just a second. But also celebrating a birthday today is a person that, in my opinion, had the single greatest moment on a reality scene show ever. Okay, and it happened years ago, a long long time ago, and it happened on the I believe it was the English America's Got Talent. It may have been the English American Idol, you know. I don't know which one it was. But do you remember this? I'll play this her singing. You'll know the name, all right, you're ready.
Speaker 2: My dreaming, the dream and.
Speaker 1: Remember her.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what it is, but I can't think of her names.
Speaker 1: Susan.
Speaker 3: Yes, boy.
Speaker 1: She is a a frumpy, little english woman with very very big eyebrows.
Speaker 2: I think she had poor vision, like almost legally blind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she went out there in her little, very English proper type of dress and little he and nobody expected her to be able to belt it out like she could, and she blew people away. It was probably the best moment ever on a singing reality show.
Speaker 2: I think so. I think that was the first time people were like, oh my god. Also, ps, she's worth forty million dollars today. Really she went on to have a very successful career, career and albums and all the things.
Speaker 1: She's sixty four years old today, so I was gonna say she's probably in her mid to late forties when that happened for her. So it happened late for in life. Yeah, she looked like a little pop star.
Speaker 2: She did not.
Speaker 3: She didn't.
Speaker 2: She broke the mold of what you would think that people were physically looking for to be a star.
Speaker 1: And when you watch the judges reaction, I watched the whole video and Piers Morgan's just like I was choked up watching it was really really cool.
Speaker 2: So that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Just a little fun, nostalgic trip down memory lane for you there with Susan Boyles. But more importantly, Tricia, your fungus Booze turns fifty today.
Speaker 2: Why is he too old for me? Pedro passed.
Speaker 1: I just thought maybe fifty. I thought you liked a little.
Speaker 2: Bit younger due, I mean, it sounds like he's right in my wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: Pedro made a weird commercial.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't understand that commercial for Apple.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's weird.
Speaker 2: Sure it's cool, and I'm watching it because I like to look at him, and I think he's so nice, but I'm not sure what they're selling.
Speaker 1: I don't either. And he's got in the dance moves that he had to know he could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he can do a little bit of everything. And he's still rail buff from his role in Gladiator.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then he's really funny. He's been on SNL twice like he's.
Speaker 1: He's checking all the boxes for you.
Speaker 2: He's funny, he's super nice.
Speaker 1: Is he a laydown Booh?
Speaker 2: He might be a lay down boo Really, he might be.
Speaker 1: You don't have many of those.
Speaker 2: I don't have like three lay down boosts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Rock Pedro.
Speaker 2: And Brad Pitt and Pitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the laydown boo Is. Tell everyone laid on boo Is.
Speaker 2: If I see him in public, I'm just gonna lay down and be like, do what you gotta get, what ever you want to do. And my other booze are not necessarily laid down booze. I'm just attracted to them for various reasons mentally physically.
Speaker 1: You come up with the funniest names for things lay down boo And yesterday you were talking about not a Steve a speed bump, a speed hump.
Speaker 2: I don't think I invented speed hump, did I? I don't think I did.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's first.
Speaker 2: I don't think I invented that.
Speaker 1: Well, Happy birthday, Susan Boyle and Paedro Pashal. And one more good thing happening for you today, Tricia, and everyone needs to know that Tricia eats like a thirteen year old boy. Today's national peanut butter and jelly bag.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will have one today. It's not gonna be as good because I'm out of Cheetos and I only eat Cheetos with peanut butter and jelly sandwichos more coming up?
Speaker 1: Care, don't care. In just a moment, tell me one of the things you got coming up?
Speaker 2: All right, think about this? Do you care? Don't care to find out what? A California woman has the world's record for having the longest blank and she can do tricks with that blank? Do you care? Don't care to find out what that blank is?
Speaker 1: All right? Care, don't care, just a moment away, Heads up, I didn't know this. I don't know if you knew what, Tricia. But experts say you can be pulled over for driving under the influence of coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh, excessly caffeine.
Speaker 1: It says caffeine. Yeah, influences, but they say coffee, which is caffeine. And of course excessive caffeine consumption can lead to arrest and license suspension.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like you'd have to drink a lot of coffee for it to impair your driving.
Speaker 1: I love some coffee, but I don't think I can drink that much coffee.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could either, So just be careful. Here we go, Sandy. Question number one, do you care or don't care? To find out what the average American spends time wise worrying about things every single day.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, it's too much, but yes, I care.
Speaker 2: One hundred and thirty eight minutes a day a day worrying every day one hundred and thirty eight minutes spent. Top of the list of things that people worry about finances, family, things you need to do, health and work.
Speaker 1: What's that? Didn't someone want to say that you ninety nine percent of the things you worry about never.
Speaker 2: Happened, don't even happen, right? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did? Energy? I don't worry about a whole lot you don't.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm doing all the worrying for.
Speaker 3: Us, worry about I worry?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think it's spent over two hours.
Speaker 1: No, not even worrying.
Speaker 2: Not no, all right, Sandy, Next question, care, careen, don't care? Okay? You know how? What is it acronyms? Everybody abbreviates everything like I hate it, our rip, rest in peace or btw. By the way, do you you care to know how more than half of the people read or pronounce lmao? You know what LMAO stands for?
Speaker 1: Off? Yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 2: When they read it out loud, they pronounce it lamoo. If you're reading a text that says, oh my God, that made me la mao, don't you think that's kind of funny?
Speaker 1: I do, but I think it's I just never thought of it that.
Speaker 2: Way, I know. But people, more than half of the people are like, yeah, I can't just they don't say the words that the letters stand for, right lamao?
Speaker 1: You found that funnier night?
Speaker 2: I know, apparently I did. Now I will always hear lamao when I see those letters. Okay. Finally, Sandy, I asked you if you were going to care or not care to find out what the world's longest blank is and one some tricks that the woman who has this can do with that blank I do care. Yes, it's a tongue. Woman in California has the world's longest tongue three point eight inches long, and she can do tricks with that tongue. One of them is playing Jenga.
Speaker 1: Like pushing the block out with their tongue.
Speaker 2: Pushing the block out. I'm assuming it's not curling her tongue around the block to pull it out. I'd be a feat I'm gonna let you know that there. I'm gonna shaw. There's a video in the In the first part of the video, it's a crap. It's a picture of her.
Speaker 1: Just dropped her laptop. Oh wow, that's discuss impressive.
Speaker 2: I refuse to push play because that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: I can teate a quick funny story about a long tongue.
Speaker 2: What said nobody ever? Never has that sentence been uttered before.
Speaker 1: So if you guys remember the band Kiss and Gene Simmons had the big long tongue right, well, when we were kids. We was ten years old, we were moving from California to Nebraska. My dad got a sign. It was in the military and we're moving to Nebraska. My dad said, well, I bet you guys are really going to miss Gene Simmons. We're like, what do you mean. He goes, you know the kid in your class you talk about with really long tongue. Jeene Simmons like, no, No, no Death Jump said, Oh, that's a guy in the rock band Kiss, not in their classroom. He was like, Oh, didn't know.
Speaker 2: Geene Simmons is not like a rock band guy named no.
Speaker 1: In your fifth grade class, right exactly. Thank you very much for listening. We do appreciate it. Find us every morning on the radio from six until ten on Austin's eighty station one O three point one. Ask your smart device to play one O three one Austin