Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, join us for free beer Friday.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give away Love Street Fest.
Speaker 1: I got a four pack of VIP passes for the.
Speaker 4: Big show tomorrow with every case of beer right up at six.
Speaker 1: Seven, eight and nine. How great is that? It's an all agest thing too. Bring the kiddos out there to the brewery. Paul Fraternity. Paul goes for win number five, Fresh out of Bad Head to a Head Challenge, Offspring tickets, Home Runer, get the most on the fun Fact Flashback three eleven, Bad Flower tickets at seven to twenty, Pixies tickets at eight twenty. We're hoping phones Friday. You guys get the whole last hour of the show. We'll leave you with those tickets to go see the Hives. They go on sale today at ten a m stund disguise today Hig of eighty eight weekend, no rain, sun mid eighties, beautiful weekend.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Good morning ride, Good morning home Room.
Speaker 5: A tragic helicopter crash in New York City's Hudson river claimed the lives of all six people on board.
Speaker 4: Yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 5: The helicopter departed from downtown Manhattan around three pm, and witnesses reported hearing loud noises and seeing parts of the helicopter detached mid air before it plunged in to the river. On board the flight was Siemens executive Augustine Escobar, his wife, their three children, and the pilot of the helicopter. The Supreme Court has ruled that the Trump administration must facilitate the release of a Maryland man who is wrongly deported to a prison in El Salvador, and the ruling yesterday at the Court both granted and rejected a Department of Justice emergency requests that contested Kilmar Abrego Garcia be returned. The decision means Garcia does not have to immediately be returned due to a judge imposed deadline expiring, but the Trump administration has to be prepared to share what it can concerning the steps it has taken, along with further actions. The decision also notes that the case should be handled as it would have been had he not.
Speaker 4: Been improperly sent to El Salvador.
Speaker 5: Abrego Garcia was sent to an El Savador Prison on March fifteenth, as part of the Trump administration's plan to send alleged members of a Venezuelan gang.
Speaker 1: Now Tomorrow is National grilled Cheese Day and a new pole. Seventy percent of people say that they prefer the toast level of their grilled cheese to be golden brown, twelve percent like it well done or even burnt, and thirty percent of parents say that they've had to remake a grilled cheese for their child because they weren't happy with the toast level. Oh yeah, if you if you go too dark with a grilled cheese, your kid's not gonna eat it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I gotta pull question up this morning on the ex that Rod Ryan Show. What's the best cheese to use for a grilled cheese? It's changing. Fifty percent say Cheddar, thirty percent say American, fifteen percent say greer, five percent say other.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, as American cheese, according to this survey, is the most popular cheese used in grilled cheese, So You're followed by cheddar, mozzarella and so with sixty five percent of people said it is spread butter on the outside and younger adults are more likely to even put mayo on their grilled cheese.
Speaker 4: Mayo on the grilled cheese is the hack?
Speaker 1: Put it on the outside of it? Yep, yep, that's why I did. I learned that on this show. Yeah, grill it in the skillet using mayonnaise, Ryan instead of butter.
Speaker 4: It's awesome in the skill.
Speaker 5: TV actor Eric Dane has been diagnosed with Louke Gerrigg's disease. He's best known for his roles on Gray's Anatomy and Euphoria. Yesterday, he told People magazine that he's been diagnosed with ALS, a disease that affects the nervous system and causes loss of muscle control. He is married to Rebecca Gayheart and has two teenage daughters, and said quote, I am grateful to have my loving family by my side as we navigate this next chapter. He also is requesting privacy for himself and his family.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. He plays the creepiest dad ever in Euphoria. He's like the man I think he's going to return to try and return to that role if.
Speaker 4: Possible, the big, tall, handsome guy. Okay, I've never seen Euphoria.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, but he was in Saltburn, Salt Grass, Salt Saltburn, Saltburn, like he's the kid of him, and they're both just so they're so weird and just freaky on euphoria.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I feel bad for.
Speaker 1: The Eric Dane guy. That's terrible.
Speaker 4: He's got to be in his fifties.
Speaker 5: Huh, I think so? Yeah, Wow, this is my favorite story today was.
Speaker 4: Blink What a two? Is Mark Hoppus responsible.
Speaker 5: For the capture of Saddam Hussein back in twenty twenty three?
Speaker 4: This sounds like it. Well, that's what he's.
Speaker 5: Saying in his new book Fahrenheit one ay two that arrived yesterday.
Speaker 4: I might get into it this weekend was blank What a two? Hoppa says that the band.
Speaker 5: Was on an aircraft carrier and the Persian Golf because they were doing some shows there. He told a Navy admirable Navy admiral excuse me on the boat that he had a plan to catch Hussain. They had to do with the fact that Saddam was sending video messages to his followers from an unknown location, and Hoppas says he told the admiral, what about having drones fly all over the region in patterns, broadcasting time codes above the level of human hearing, but at the level that a video recording could catch. Then the next time he releases a video, you can listen to it and pull the data and triangulate where the drones are flying over Admiral. The Admiral told Hoppus that he might mention it to his higher ups, and then four months later, Saddam got yanked out of his hole he was hiding in. Hoppis ended the story the book by saying, so you're welcome, everybody.
Speaker 4: Wow, pretty cool. If that's the case, I'd like to just say, Blake, what a two clasad, I'm the same cool, We're a Patriot.
Speaker 1: And then Tom finds the aliens like they really are doing it all okay. Sports Astros will.
Speaker 4: Be back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Angels at Dykin Park.
Speaker 1: Renelle Blanco is gonna be on the mound for the Stros, going up against LA's Jack Cocana, which first pitch is at sevent ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety Rockets. They're gonna be on the road tonight they'll play the Lakers out in LA. They're nine and a half point underdogs. Again, they've already locked up the two seeds, so they may rest some guys.
Speaker 4: And I tip hop's gonna be at nine thirty.
Speaker 5: You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety as well.
Speaker 4: In golf, Oh, I'm ready for you.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 5: Day two of the Masters is going on in Augusta, Georgia. Justin Rose is your current leader at seven under par. I will keep you guys updated if anything changes on the Leader Bird throughout the show.
Speaker 4: That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: So did Rory Mac like just kind of tank a couple of holes yesterday? He's minus three is when he finished at last I saw, all right, all right, here we go, guys. Four Hours of Pain starts right now. It's free beer Friday. I hope you know what you're winning. Love Streak Fest goes down tomorrow at the brewery. I have a four pack of v IP passes with every case of beer this morning. So that's what we're gonna get into right out of the gate man. Four Hours of Pain, the most interactive show on the radio, starts right now come on.
Speaker 7: Man Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday. Right, free man Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, did I win?
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 8: Dude, Carlos?
Speaker 4: What you're calling for?
Speaker 1: Free beer?
Speaker 4: Your caller ten?
Speaker 1: Dude? Come on?
Speaker 4: Oh heck yeah, first time call her?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: First time?
Speaker 1: The first time you've ever called the show. It's the first time you've won.
Speaker 4: First time, the first time I ever called the show. You've never picked up the phone and called this show before. Never, never, And I almost gave up. What was different about today?
Speaker 1: What I don't know?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Those concert crickets, Dude, love Streek Fest.
Speaker 1: I've got a four pack of VIP passes for you to love street Fest tomorrow and the case of beer. Dude, you're rocking all weekend? Man.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, all right, where are you from, Carlos? I'm from Montgomery, Montgomery County.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me get this straight.
Speaker 4: You have never called us before?
Speaker 1: Nope, never call yearly.
Speaker 10: I'm up at five, so I'm I'm listening, but I'm listening now, dude, it's so great.
Speaker 1: I'm listening.
Speaker 4: Don't be a stranger.
Speaker 1: Bro Okay, got you got it all right. You're up to the You're up to the brewery too, man, you're up to the Carbok Brewery, same spot where we did the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 4: That's Carlos.
Speaker 1: He's got the first four pack of VIP passes. I'll do it again straight up at seven, at eight and nine the homeroom.
Speaker 4: We're just getting started.
Speaker 1: Wakey, wakey, hands off those cup cakes, Paul Paternity Paul, he's going for win number five today. That would make him a three time Hall of Famer if he pulls it off. Chile.
Speaker 4: He puts some great tickets in there.
Speaker 1: Speaking of great tickets, all Offspring, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory. I've got those tickets for you on the fun Fact flashback. All right, busy, busy, busy today and man, beautiful weather, beautiful weekend, sunny eighty eight today, Sonny eighty five tomorrow, Sonny mid eighties on Sunday. Nice. Yeah, that is an awesome weekend. What else? Uh? Meredith Boudreau, she's got like ninety kids in the morning and she's listening to the show and she's getting them all their cereal. She's a teacher, and she said, thank you for starting your show off with my teacher walk up music. She has like teacher like wrestlers. You know the song they play on the way to the ring. She says, that's her teacher walk up song, Welcome to the Jungle. Okay, you're twenty one of teaching for her, and she's the one that she's kind of famous for always giving me the countdown thirty days left, but who's counting sock sock shoe shoe, hot dogs only on the fourth of July, no water, toothpaste, water, homeroom for life, all right.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thirty days left for teachers.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it's just start.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, yes, suck. The spring break just happened, and sprame breaks like the count down to the end.
Speaker 1: I guess that's insane to me. So I mean, I trust her, believe me. She's not off by even half a day. She knows there's thirty She.
Speaker 4: Knows as like the seconds and the minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. If she tells me thirty days, it's thirty days. Thank you, Meredith and all the teachers out there countdown is on quick break. When we come back at a w rec check for you, we'll find out what's trading, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh Out.
Speaker 11: Of Bed Houston, Houston's alternative and home at The rod Ryan Morning Show, ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz. Just like the man said, good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Welcome to homeroom, everybody. I'm getting all things ready to go for the Fresh out of Bed Head to head. It's a big morning man, Paul Paternity, Paul trying to get back into the hall. He's a couple of questions away from that. So we're getting ready for that game. That should be awesome. We've got sunny skies this weekend. We've got mid eighties up mid to upper eighties with low chances of rain all today, tomorrow and Sunday.
Speaker 4: Man great, great look weekend. All right, Alex.
Speaker 1: Everything that's trending, it's kind of things that in the short time we've already been on the air, we've kind of mentioned almost everything.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, what's so? Tell me what's trending? To get so Hudson River helicopter crashes. The first thing I see everywhere trending.
Speaker 5: All six people on board of a helicopter crashed into the Hudson River yesterday. It had a Siemens executive named Augustine Escobar, his wife, their three kids, and the pilot on board and they all passed away in it. Justin Rose is trending he is the leader at the Masters after day one, and then Eric Dane is trending the Gray's Anatomy and Euphorius actor he and ans that he has been diagnosed with ALS. So people are talking about all of those things and that's just trending. On ninety four to five of us.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Everything's buddy, this is fraternity, Paul, you're fresh out events, hit the Head, four day Champions.
Speaker 13: Two questions, two answers.
Speaker 12: Again, Rod, You're welcome. Thank you to Laser Focus continues. Play on Friday and get that win number five and get back in the Hall of Fame my.
Speaker 1: B seven one three, two one two, five, nine four five. If you want to play The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the Bus ninety four five, The Buzz, Giovanni and the Higher Guns Rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday, gave away that first case of beer first time the dude has ever called the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: He wins.
Speaker 1: I said, what what was different about today? He said, those concert tickets you're given away. Uh, the Love Street Music Festival, Love Streak Fest. It's going down tomorrow, doors open at three o'clock. Out of the Brewery. Got three bands, looseid Illusions now on the bill, So four bands at least, But there's gonna be the whole village, the vendor village, the food, the beer's everything. I've got four I got a four pack of VIP passes with every case of beer this morning. So we'll do it again at seven, eight and nine. I've already talked about what a beautiful weekend it's going to be. I got six twenty five. Let's roll and now each time for the Fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Listeners to York Corners.
Speaker 4: All right, paternity, Paul.
Speaker 1: Hey, Happy Friday, everybody.
Speaker 4: Man seeing to you, back at you.
Speaker 1: A couple questions away from possibly getting into the Hall of Fame for the third time.
Speaker 4: You just don't know what this guy.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the show, the curator of all things Fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 4: Other John, everybody, good morning, Other job funny, guys, how were you welcome back?
Speaker 1: Other John?
Speaker 4: No value.
Speaker 1: I mean, nobody comes close to you as far as keeping track of.
Speaker 4: All things going on with this game. You've been in the Hall of Fame before, two time Hall of Famer as well.
Speaker 1: Two time Hall of Famer with Paternity Paul. Now have you ever played Paternity Paul?
Speaker 14: So funny you should say that Rod for actually the first time the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: In the tournament, Paul.
Speaker 4: Destroyed me in the first round.
Speaker 1: Now, Paul, Paul, do you remember that? I mean, don't feel bad if you don't. John is just like rain Man when it comes to this stuff.
Speaker 9: Yes, I do not.
Speaker 4: I do not remember that. John's over it. Yeah, John's just it's not at all rooted than John. He's still aren't revenge is you can keephim out of the hall. Now, Other John. You can't root for the guy you're playing against. You don't want to. You don't understand that your starstruck playing a game. It's it's a Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: I got tickets to kohed and Cambria and taking back Sunday, September eighth, White Oak Music Hall. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Here we go, a beautiful mind. Other John, yep, and paternity, Paul.
Speaker 4: Shout out your name? What do you think you know?
Speaker 1: The answer?
Speaker 4: Question number one?
Speaker 1: Name the fast food chain that was known Okay, paternity, Paul, I'll go ahead, answer in McDonald Other John, which fast food chain was known for their five dollars foot longs.
Speaker 4: And a half in subway?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I remember they got in trouble because they weren't quite that. They weren't they were not selling them as the right size, or they got busted.
Speaker 4: They had bad spokesmen. Oh they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah that Jared didn't turn out to be so good. Oh geez, feedback all right? Other John on the board, Alex likes to call him OJ sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, RP yesterday.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Next question, Paul. It was an odd play for Paulie, isn't. I mean the.
Speaker 5: Question gave you two chances though, to get caught speeding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. All right, well, here we go.
Speaker 1: Next question, which Houston Freeway is commonly referred to as the Loop?
Speaker 4: Paul, John, Other John, I'm sorry Paul.
Speaker 1: That it was good bag. He was sticking her the whole time. Okay, your game, John, he has been grinding an axe for years over there?
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Like he comes across, he's all super.
Speaker 4: Mild mannered and stuff.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? He's a maniac.
Speaker 4: He's a maniac.
Speaker 1: One hundred and seven days ago. People don't forget John doesn't John does not Huh. Fraternity Paul, I thought you were Waltson in the Hall of Fame. I really did. I'll call back. Okay, yes, other John, can you join us on Monday? I gladly throwing on Monday. Holy cow, it's those, it's those wyatt mild mannered dudes. You gotta worry about second. Okay, Yeah, he is great.
Speaker 4: John Show effects include mood swings.
Speaker 1: Mood swings ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan showed corn and coming undone? Did you put that in for paternity, Paul? Not very nice, paternity, Paul. Paul did come undone during that game? My goodness, let's see Kenny. A lot of people chiming in about the game Kenny the cash man. Wow. I thought Paul was going to go in easily because sometimes John has hit or missed.
Speaker 4: But with the first question a double speed trap. Good game, John, good luck, double you said the same thing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna look at that question. You said something about which fast food chain? So that was the first.
Speaker 4: Speed Trap you pause on? That too, was known.
Speaker 1: For their pause pause.
Speaker 4: That's what you got it?
Speaker 1: Five dollars foot longs. Okay, double speed trapp. I don't know that's a that's Jill and her husband writing those questions for me.
Speaker 4: A great question, right there, Yeah, great question.
Speaker 1: Hey John, the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 4: Here's your current champion. Hey John, where are you going with that axe in your hand?
Speaker 14: Good morning everybody. It's the bad spoiler Other John, the three time Hall of Famers. Now you're fresh out of bed one day champion e sixth day.
Speaker 11: That's a lousing the fraternity follow and finally.
Speaker 4: Get my rebound.
Speaker 14: Join me on Monday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not too psycho.
Speaker 1: That's not too psycho at all.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking, you know, I remember Other John getting his name.
Speaker 1: Who was the other Like the other John has become such a superstar.
Speaker 4: Who's the John that made him?
Speaker 1: Other John? Where's that John?
Speaker 4: He's now just John to me? But like you're right, I don't remember. Yeah, I don't know either. John, Where are you? John Smith? John before other John?
Speaker 1: You need to get back into game, not this week, not next week. Though I can't have two John's. We don't have buzzers. It's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck ba's to.
Speaker 1: The day.
Speaker 4: That brought us some fun facts. There's my guy, captain Cash brother Ron. Hello, good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good to see you this morning.
Speaker 4: See some fun facts for you guys today to nash On.
Speaker 1: Make them good. Marilyn Manson is co headlining buzzfests.
Speaker 4: Oh is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: A great show. I can't wait to go.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a great show. Have you ever back in your photography days? Did you ever shoot Marilyn Manson?
Speaker 4: I didn't think so. I didn't think you had any in your portfolio.
Speaker 1: Manson, Marilyn Manson and Macy Gray went to high school together in Canton, Ohio lay the Football Hall of Famous. Oh, this was just kind of all running together. Bro.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on there today. There we go, Okay, I don't know what happened, Bro, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I just hit the one So anyways, Marilyn Manson and Macy Gray went to high school together. Apparently they didn't know each other. You know, us went to high school together. Cameron Diaz and Snoop Dogg. She bought weed from him. Eat. I'm not going to charge you for that one.
Speaker 4: That one's free.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: The E in Chuck E Cheese, This E stands for entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chuck, it is Charles E Enter Charles entertainment cheese. On some of the new ones I've seen, they put that on the outside of it instead of Chuck E Cheese in his full government name, Chucky Jesus is doing new things.
Speaker 4: I saw it was a meme.
Speaker 1: S I don't know, Okay, it's been going on for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Finally, your final fun fact for you today.
Speaker 1: Deaf people have actually been known a new some of them was gonna do it. I left it open. Deaf people, what hello, have actually been known to use sign language in their sleep. Oh, that's neat.
Speaker 15: It's the fun.
Speaker 1: Back to the day. We make you look smart, funny your body, it's the fun.
Speaker 4: Back to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, I don't know how smart you're gonna look today after those Sorry, I've got tickets to go see the Offspring, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory August twenty third, Man outside of Busfest. This is the show Man. It's your fat. Oh. If you add up all the numbers on this it equals six six six.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We uh we learned that yesterday seven one three two four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, bro, you were on that roller coaster yesterday.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for your for your entertainment.
Speaker 10: Yeah. The Dow was down one thousand and fourteen points. Kick off this morning at thirty nine thousand and five to ninety three. NASDAC down seven hundred and thirty seven to sixteen thousand and three eighty seven. Benchmarten, your treasury set a four point four percent in your oil STANDSUS sixty dollars sixteen cents the barrel to the most actors, the big studs, United Health, Verizon, and Coca Cola. The big duds Nike, Chevron, and Walt Disney. On the economic countar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the Producer Price Index for March.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 10: Futures they're looking good. They're on the upside. Hanging on to this would be a positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: I'm out here.
Speaker 10: This is highly minis director with the Raymond James port it for the Ride Ryan Show from Ramy James on Sam Flip Ben Augusta and don't forget toys.
Speaker 6: All rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 4: Great job, hell real good, real good stuff though thank you well.
Speaker 16: Amon's expressed those of all land and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates income Ever, nat as IBC I art Radio ort sponsors. Information was mased on, so it's believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is or educational and informational purposes on meet the stands of It's based on the movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Welcome back ninety four or five to buyes Good morning Rod Ryan Show on this free beer Friday. Oh it's Fanny Friday too. Whoa whoa wah wah wee Uh beautiful looking weekend, guys, A sunny all three days, mid to upper eighties, no rain clear, jeez, perfect your fun Yeah, it is the fun fact flashback. So I'm going over the phone here, Good morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 4: Who's this Jamika mcdoll, Hi, Jamika?
Speaker 1: How are you good? How are you so great? Thank you for joining us in homeroom. My question is if you add up all the numbers on this, it equals six hundred and six the six. I grew up a big iron Maiden fan. I know that's the number of the beast. What are we counting here?
Speaker 17: That would be the rolette?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jamiica, all this off spring, Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory August twenty third.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited about this show.
Speaker 1: You're going.
Speaker 18: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: My heart, my heart's pounded.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining us in homeroom. You're awesome.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 19: Alexa played ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 1: Four point five to the bus stations from iHeartRadio, Houston's Rock and Alternative ninety four five buzz Boy. Lots of talk of this Mark Hoppus book. We've been telling you almost daily this week. Here's another thing that came out of the book. Oh here's another thing. So now some good, juicy things are coming out, which is great. Alex is telling me that that book is available, so I'm sure you just go to Amazon. That's what Amazon used to sell, exclude Lee books. I remember that. That's how old I am.
Speaker 4: I hope you're up to a great start to your day.
Speaker 1: Free Beer Friday is It's a big one today, and I know people are.
Speaker 4: Calling their emailing me to Love Street Fest.
Speaker 1: I got four packs of VIP passes to tomorrow's Love Street Fest with every case of beer. How sweet is that? We got beautiful weather for that festival today tomorrow sunny, clear, mid eighties, no rain. That's kind of the same thing for Sunday too. So beautiful looking weekend here in Houston Art Car Parade this weekend. There's a lot going on. There's a lot going on, but the art car Parade. That's great. I've been out there before it's been real cold and rainy. Not this weekend. It's gonna be awesome. Man. It's gonna be record numbers at these things this weekend for sure. Good morning, Alex. I know we're starting out with some nasty news and some sad news here. What do you got for Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: WEO, Good morning Rod, Good morning home Room.
Speaker 5: A tragic helicopter crash in New York City's Hudson River claimed the lives of all six people on board yesterday afternoon. The helicopter departed from downtown Manhattan around three pm, and witnesses reported hearing loud noises at seeing parts of the helicopter detached mid air before it plunged into the river. On board the flight where was a Siemens executive named Augustine Escobar, his wife, their three children, as well as the pilot of the helicopter. An iconic weight loss program is heading towards extinction. Weight Watchers is preparing to file for bankruptcy over the next few months. After launching its business back in nineteen sixty three, The health and wellness company is working with lenders and bondholders on restructuring. Shares of the company fell fifty nine percent on Wednesday, despite the stock market having its best day in five years. The iconic company has struggled with relevancy over the past few years with the rise of weight loss drugs like ozimbic, Wegovi, and Manjaro, as Quick Fixes for obesity.
Speaker 4: And then Oprah was the spokesperson for it.
Speaker 1: And Oprah and she kind of abandoned them, kinda said, yeah, I've been taking the shop too to lose weight, so you weren't using what you were spokesperson for to lose that weight. And I believe it or not, Oprah Still there's people that just worship it at the altar of Oprah. Still, I think that that was the last straw, the final straw.
Speaker 4: Maybe that put them over or under.
Speaker 1: My mom did weight watchers when I was a kid, had points and something like that. She had. There was a scale, she was weighing food, all that stuff, but teas and piece to weight watcher. It was the only time my mom left the house. And you know what she said. She was going to I go where are you going? No fat club, so my mom said, my mom, I said, I'm going to fat club. You'd have to go and get weight in front of everybody. Fat club. Like this was long before fight club. I was a kid. My mom would go to fat club.
Speaker 4: They can just change the name and make rebranded a little bit.
Speaker 1: I should have called it fat club or just something that out went out about weight weight watchers just like call it watchers were watching your way.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Hey, they had a good run. They had it. Yeah, it was a hell of a run by weight watch.
Speaker 1: Would you try a smoister, Rod, what's a oyster smash up? Nobody likes oysters. Nobody likes it like oysters. Nobody likes any smashed up with oysters. Would you mix them together a some' more and an oyster? No, dude, I don't think it would be good, but I'd try it. No, I would try it.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: Well, A seafood plays in Charleston, South Carolina, is selling them now as a new dessert. It's an oyster on the halfshell, topped with Hershey's chocolate, crumbled Graham crackers and a tiny marshmallow. They torched the marshmallow to brown the top and the restaurant's called Fleet Landing and the manager says that he was trying to come up with something different and.
Speaker 4: Realized that no one was doing dessert oysters.
Speaker 1: Yet nobody even thought about dessert oysteruice Rod.
Speaker 4: He said that he got his first idea during Girls Got.
Speaker 5: Cookie season when he thought of the idea of a thin mint oyster. But says that he thinks moisters is a better idea. Again, don't think that it would be very good, but I would try it.
Speaker 4: This might be I tried it.
Speaker 1: This might be the worst mashup I've ever heard of in my life. It's bad one of them, for sure. Yeah, it's very bad. But like, I don't know what that gonn taste like?
Speaker 4: Who knows?
Speaker 1: It's gross?
Speaker 4: Who knows? If you always say.
Speaker 5: Like, well, you don't like to taste the oyster, you put all this other stuff on it. What if you just put a smore on it, you wouldn't even taste the oyster. Maybe that is the best kind of oyster.
Speaker 4: A spoister, a smoister.
Speaker 5: Down on the food blog page today, it is.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes an. A couple of celebrities just became parents. Former Saturday Night Live cast member and comedians Scaly Strong just gave birth to her first child. She and her for You Say John McGregor announced their daughter's birth on Instagram yesterday, and Zachary Levi is also a new parent as well. The actor and his girlfriend Maggie Keating welcome their first child, a baby boy named Henson Ezra Levi Pugh yesterday. Uh so lots of celebris becoming first time parents right now.
Speaker 4: Zachary Levi is the Shazam guy.
Speaker 1: Shazam guy. He kind of looks like one of the Property brothers us.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know who that is.
Speaker 5: He's not a Property brother, dude, but he looks like he could be like the third brother.
Speaker 1: I thought Cecily Strong was a super underrated player on SNL too. I just looked it up. I old, she's forty one. Good for her, congratulations to both. Doesn't look forty one. No, it doesn't look forty one at all. She was on SNL for a while. She must have started when she was young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: Concert tickets are way too expensive nowadays. Everybody knows that, but the artists are pocketing way less of the proceeds than you think, and something corporate recently tried to break it all down for CBS News. So for a recent show, the band set their ticket price at fifty six dollars. That became seventy dollars thanks to various fees that got tacked on. At that price, the show had the potential to generate two hundred thousand dollars, but right off the top they had to pay nearly one hundred and four thousand dollars in costs related to the venue, like stage hands. Not that those guys don't deserve money, they're just breaking down the costs. Okay, that left them under or just under one hundred k. But then there were commissions, fees, and payroll, like the band's manage taking a quarter of the profit and the band's crew taking another quarter of it.
Speaker 1: Now at least half of one hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: Half of that when I was said and done something corporate only made a profit of about ten bucks per ticket for a ticket that costs concert goers seventy dollars recently. So this is the problem, Like the bands aren't making the money because of all these fees that are get attacked on, but the bands are.
Speaker 4: Also having to pay their people.
Speaker 5: And the bigger you get, the more money you're gonna have to pay all of these stage all these stage hands and stuff like that too. Not that those people are working, so they do deserve their cut, I believe. But like when you'reuse, you're rich, why don't you just play for five bucks because you would make no money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again some of these bands like this, like something corporate.
Speaker 4: I'm not that familiar with them, but.
Speaker 1: I remember from high school a lot of musicians that you know who what they are. They're not rich, right, A lot of bands, especially older bands, they're not rich. They're not They do it and they have to go play. That's why you have some of these seventy year olds out there still playing.
Speaker 5: The band Brand New just announced a new tour and I was like, they're probably like in that range. It's like they had their their heyday, but like they got to get back on tour because those guys.
Speaker 4: Need the money right now.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows the Taylor Swift stories, and you know the people that are making all kinds of money, they're a billionaire.
Speaker 5: It's easy to pay the fees and stuff like that. But if if you're making just ten bucks a ticket, and it's like we put the music out, we did, this is our stuff.
Speaker 1: We wrote.
Speaker 4: People are coming to see us.
Speaker 1: They're not plague and they're getting pennies for their Spotify ten bucks hit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like, yeah, they get a nickel a week. I'm sure Spotify listen.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong. A lot of them are living very very comfortably, but it could but you'd be surprised how many named bands.
Speaker 4: They're just not rich.
Speaker 1: They're not. Yeah, as long as you're using headlines, okay, once you got in sports, well, the Askers are back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Angels at dyke In Park.
Speaker 5: Ronel Blanco ob be on the mountain for the Stros, going up against LA's Jack Cocana, which first pitches at seven to ten. You could listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In basketball, the Rockets are gonna be on the road tonight. They're playing the Lakers out in LA. They're coming into this as nine and a half point underdogs. They've already locked up the two seed and the playoffs, so they're probably going to rest some more guys. Tip offs at nine thirty. You can hear it on oursister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In Golf's Day two of the Masters and Augusta, Georgia, Justin Rose is the current leader at seven under par. I will keep you guys updated if anything change is throughout the morning. And then I have to give a special shout out to the Stratford Lady Spartan's soccer team.
Speaker 1: I got a bunch of information. They're playing in the state championship for the.
Speaker 5: First time ever tomorrow morning at eleven am in Georgetown against Louisville Marcus.
Speaker 4: Their coach is David Walters.
Speaker 5: Shout out to their captains Alison Goodwin, Mary Charlotte, Paul Ryan Webers is my daughter's favorite soccer player. And Olivia Harveston. So go Lady Spartans Chili.
Speaker 1: Stratford Spartans alum, Oh yeah, oh so, so I know he's the biggest Stratford Spartans lady soccer fan there is.
Speaker 4: But who get him? Girls? That's what's going on in sports. The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Bus.
Speaker 7: You got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right bam Friday, Right Bam Friday and free bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning morning, good morning, good morning, Good morning, rod Ryan Show HILLO.
Speaker 4: Hi, sorry, my voice is changing.
Speaker 1: I'm going through some changes right now.
Speaker 4: Oh Hi, what's your name? Who is this? I think you heard Carmen in there somewhere.
Speaker 1: All right, you're code number ten. I'm so excited. You got me excited.
Speaker 4: Now I didn't even win anything.
Speaker 1: Hi, So Carmen, where are you from?
Speaker 20: Uncle?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not only giving away just beer today, I'm giving away the guy that won the first case of beer today has never called this radio station. He was so excited about the extras that were coming with every case of beer. So, Carmen, I don't know if you've won free beer Friday before? Have you? No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is really getting a lot of new people involved. Every beer winner today gets passes to Love street Fest tomorrow. It's a four pack of VIP passes to Love Street Fest at the car Brewery with your case of beer. How great is that? Oh my god, you have made my morning, Carmen.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 20: Listen, you make my morning every morning I've been listening forever.
Speaker 18: I love you.
Speaker 11: I love all of you.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: I love you.
Speaker 4: That means too, That absolutely means the world to me.
Speaker 1: What I'm doing, what I'm gonna ask. I know you're excited and you go to this Love Street Fest. I'm asking my winners today if you could just snap a few pictures and then maybe send them along to us and share your experience at Love Street Fest with us.
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you got a phone with a camera on it, right, harwor yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, Carmen, you've been great this morning.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: I think you made a lot of people smile today, and that's magic.
Speaker 1: So thank you, Thank you, Carmen. That's how great it was.
Speaker 19: That off.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're sitting on something pretty good here, like that's does anybody else need to be convinced that free beer Friday is pretty special today?
Speaker 4: I don't think so you got, I know, I don't, you got, Carmen. And then you know what happened on that first call?
Speaker 1: That guy said he's never called here before. That's how good the prize is. That's how that's how excited he is about this Love Street Fest tomorrow. So we'll do it again at eight. I'll do it again at nine, and then you know, we flipped the phones and it becomes open phone Friday. So on to a really good start. Man. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, hands off those Caky's sunny skies, clear skies, mid to upper eighties with no rain. That's your weekend Love Street Fest. You can art car parade all day on Saturday and then I will head over to Love Street Fest. I'm seeing some cars in the Heights. I saw the Banana car. Yeah, in the Heights. Yeah, the Banana car is sick. It's one of my favorites. I mean, there's is there anything? I mean, is there a better car than the Stevie ray Vaughn car. Sometimes that's parked over at the Hobby Airport, which I call it's the Patrick Swayze Airport. Now that's what I'm going to start calling you when I see it parked at the sways. Yeah, when when you're departing and you're off to go get your luggage, the art car they've got a little installment right there.
Speaker 4: And the Stevie ray Vaughan car.
Speaker 1: Is there a lot?
Speaker 4: That one is unbelievable. It's just so spectacular.
Speaker 1: But there's something about that damn Banana car like I would want to drive that on the regular. There's a couple of them in my neighborhood. You can see him kind of parked off to the side. But yeah, even London at her school in the Heights, at her little uh in first grade, they had a little art car parade. They got to see some of the cars and stuff get some excited about it. So it's the largest art car parade in America and we have it here. So that's going on. And it's such great weather this weekend. That's what's exciting. I wanted to mention this guy here, send me an email and hey man, whatever it takes, whatever it takes.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, other John, if.
Speaker 1: You miss a killer, Yeah, the psycho killer.
Speaker 4: Other John.
Speaker 1: He's been waiting two thousand, three hundred and twenty three days to get back at paternity Paul. He sent me the numbers. That's a crazy person. Okay, that is a crazy person. That's the kind of person that I say, what do I say? Check the freezer for heads such to the kids would go through their popsicles.
Speaker 4: Or freezer for human heads.
Speaker 1: All right, I want to talk about this guy. Eric Kelly sends me an email and he said, hey man, at the beginning of the year, I made a goal for myself. For every ten pounds I lose, I would allow myself to get a new tattoo. He has his third tattoo scheduled and he went so he's already lost twenty pounds.
Speaker 4: Well now he's at thirty pounds and he's got his third one scheduled.
Speaker 1: He's not just getting little tats, he's getting big pieces. I said, I go congratulations number one, and I said, send me what you're getting done. And I'm gonna have to put I'm gonna send it so over at Chili.
Speaker 4: I'll have to put it up on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Like his forearm is one tattoo that's ten pounds, and he's got this other big piece, and he's got the squirrel or no, not a squirrel, the raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy's.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Got that scheduled to I don't know, why do you do that? That's what his name is, that's what his motivator is. Ten pounds lost. There, I can go get another tattoo. It's working for him.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be that guy. Oh okay, I don't want to be that guy here.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking for just just so I can ask the question, what do you have to do if you gain ten pounds back?
Speaker 4: Do you have to remove those tattoos? You don't want to get involved in that.
Speaker 1: That's painful, right, So maybe that's a motivation, is that, Well, I don't want to have to remove it.
Speaker 4: You put that on there and keep the weight off.
Speaker 1: I think the fact that you see them all the time, they're on his arms, it's his whole forearm is done. Now, I think that's you're like, hey, I earn that that's true. And then also like, you don't want tattoos to stretch. If you like gain weight back, then they may not look good.
Speaker 5: So put him in some spots where like that's that's not gonna Yeah, they put it right in the middle of your stomach.
Speaker 1: Those girls in high school, they got a uni of corn on their booby and now it's a giraffe whipping this break. We're gonna give you three eleven mad Flower tickets. I'd stay with us if I were you.
Speaker 3: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: A Ray Yeah, that's us, Good Morning, Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: I got some concert tickets coming your way, but first and so I'm gonna jump in here on your first one, all right, just because we talked about it so much. Uh, No real update with the Weezer situation as far as what's happening with the base the bass player's wife attempted murder. She was shot.
Speaker 4: You know, we talked about that a lot yesterday the update that I do have.
Speaker 1: Weezer will apparently still play Coachella this weekend despite the attempted murder charge against Basis Scott Schriner's wife. So that was kind of a question that we had on the table, like, God, what do they do? It's a bass player?
Speaker 4: Is he too busy? I mean they're playing Coachella this week? Okay, So that's the first trend.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: Well, National Pet Day also a trend day.
Speaker 1: Hey there you go, So shout out Wheezy my girl, Weezy see rocks.
Speaker 4: So I love your boat, I love your vudo. And then also trending is John bon Jovi.
Speaker 1: Oh New Jersey Mayor Daniel Roderick blames bon Jovi's charitable restaurant for attracting homeless people city area.
Speaker 5: So he has what's called the JBJ Soul Kitchen. It's a non profit restaurant that serves people in need.
Speaker 1: Like, if you can't put the bill, if you're if you're you need food, you can't afford to pay to eat at the restaurant, you can volunteer to work at the restaurant to pay off your bill.
Speaker 4: And the mayor is saying.
Speaker 1: This is causing homeless to be in New Jersey. I'm pretty sure New Jersey had homeless people already, but now John bon Jovi is the target of this guy.
Speaker 4: That sucks because John bon Jovi for.
Speaker 1: Having a charitable kitchen to feed people, and he doesn't go around and brag about this thing.
Speaker 4: I didn't know about this until just now.
Speaker 1: I knew he was doing this. It was in the documentary, and I knew about it beforehand. And he's not a guy that leads with that. He just kind of does it out of the goodness of his heart, giving back to New Jersey. And I imagine there's more to the story, as there always is, but man, going against a nonprofit.
Speaker 4: Like that, that's how mess that's crap old decision.
Speaker 1: It's like bringing more homeless people to the area because they're coming to eat.
Speaker 4: And when I ran from mayor, I would I vowed never to do that.
Speaker 1: I should have made that out.
Speaker 4: But that's a training and night by the buzz all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, you know what time it almost is, let me give away these tickets and then I don't.
Speaker 4: Know I was feeling feel a little jumpy. I got jumping.
Speaker 1: I got three eleven bandflower tickets. They're playing the seven to one to three Music Hall. If you would like them, call her ten seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's Friday, twenty four minutes after seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 1: Who's jumping with me? Who's jumping with me?
Speaker 4: Let's go?
Speaker 1: Now is the time that we like to jump around on the Red Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: And I would encourage you all to jump along with me.
Speaker 1: How's of pain? Howdy four and five? The busnwety four and five? The bus jumping around a little bit on a Friday morning. You know it's Friday when you're hearing that, that's a good thing. Pretty excited. I've always been excited about Fridays. I'm not even getting paid today. Are getting paid today? I think?
Speaker 4: So you don't know any shack? How do you not know? No pay to day? I get paid every other. Oh, you're an every day pay every other because they give is.
Speaker 1: I get paid on the fifteenth and the last day of the month. So I'm not even getting paid today.
Speaker 4: An seventy five percent by weekly.
Speaker 1: But Fridays have always been a little mini last day of school for me. It's I wrote my note to London this morning like it's the last day, get the weekend. Although this is coming. I was told by people that had kids before me it's coming. I'm telling you it's coming back to back birthday parties on Saturday. Oo boom boom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ten thirty and.
Speaker 1: Ten.
Speaker 4: Do you know parents at both of them? Not the first one? Okay. I feel like it's a little bit easier if you know people going into it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, you know, Londay can't drive herself, get her nuber so needy time. These kids are so neaty, they can't do anything for themselves any Yeah, like you know, and I don't know them.
Speaker 4: So it's like, you don't drop your kid off.
Speaker 1: You got to hang out.
Speaker 4: You have to hang out. You gotta go buy a present. We had to go make aarget run yesterday.
Speaker 1: We did you go get that?
Speaker 4: What you get?
Speaker 1: I let her pick it out. I thought the slime was going to be a good thing. I like to get projects. I like to get artsy, crafty type things. I feel like, you know, everybody could use that. I don't know if she's got that particular Barbie Doll London was dead set on getting some doll.
Speaker 4: I'm like, all right, whatever, you pick it out at your friend to Lebron James Barbie Doll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't look at that.
Speaker 4: Lebron's got a Ken doll. Yeah, it seems like a go to for everybody.
Speaker 1: Is that just I didn't see it on Miss Sticks. Target didn't have it, nor would I have bought it, So you know, I'm cool with that twenty twenty five dollars range for a kid that I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's that. I think it's more.
Speaker 1: You're right, I do.
Speaker 4: Let me go over to the phone's here.
Speaker 1: Good morning rob Ryan' show, Good morning. Who's this.
Speaker 4: Sarah? You're calling number ten?
Speaker 20: Thank you.
Speaker 21: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to probably, I mean believe it because you're going to three eleven in Bad Flower, May nine, seven, one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 4: All Right, my husband's not going to believe me.
Speaker 1: You'd better believe you when you flash those tickets in his face.
Speaker 21: I can't wait so much.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll have a great time at that show.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. Can you look at your you call me on your cell phone? I am okay, can can I can it just? I would ended a little help from you today if you can just hit the screen.
Speaker 4: What is your battery at right now?
Speaker 8: I don't know, like one hundred?
Speaker 4: Are you at one hundred for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm at ninety six?
Speaker 1: What do you add, Alex?
Speaker 4: Let me check. What's your battery at eighty eight?
Speaker 1: Eighty eight? I'm at ninety six?
Speaker 8: People, Yeah, I just took mine off the charger when Chilli I answered the phone call.
Speaker 1: You know why because you plugged your phone in on the overnight right, yeah, on dude, night stand, boom, there's a plug, you plug it in, right, that's what you do. Okay, Sarah, thank you, you're awesome, You're cool. Have a great time at that show, all right, you and your husband. This girlfriend does not plug in the phone. And then I get why didn't you plug my phone in last night? What do you know running around like a maniac with thirty percent on your phone at all times? I don't, dude, it's weird to me. Dude. It's just it's a simple thing to plug in your phone. There's something called the panic percentage. Okay, okay, the panic percentage is that number. I guess you could probably that was my phone that just drops.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it's gonna take off a couple percentages.
Speaker 1: People have a panic percentage. Most popular answer twenty thirty eight percent thirty eight percent?
Speaker 4: Does your phone say the percentage it's on right now? Yes? I don't have that feature turned on. I just wait. And if my phone's like your phone's at twenty? Are you good with just the icon?
Speaker 1: Is that what you want?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You just want look to see like how full your tank is. I also keep my battery on like savor.
Speaker 4: Mode or whatever, like low power mode all day.
Speaker 1: Chili pluged his phone in on the over. Miss Christina plugged his phone in for him. Probably that probably rubbed his feet back. Rud put oils on his head.
Speaker 21: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 6: I plugged him?
Speaker 4: Okay, what's your phone at? Oh?
Speaker 6: I don't I don't have the percentage, but it's still fool.
Speaker 1: Why do you guys have that?
Speaker 4: You don't want?
Speaker 1: You don't? Do you not want that number? Is it like an anxiety thing? I don't know, it's just I never I know what low is? Yeah, yeah, like if it turns red like K time charge?
Speaker 5: What is he?
Speaker 1: He's got an iPhone?
Speaker 4: He's got an iPhone. He's elite.
Speaker 6: It's a phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a.
Speaker 4: C phone, and you just you choose not to have that number on your screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it's annoying. You're you're trying to see you a battery you but don't you're looking at ninety six percent or fifty percent or I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess in the number two, it's like that looks about eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, I'm not that I'm a numbers guy. I need to know exactly where I'm at. So I have the number and.
Speaker 1: Then how you and it's at twenty percent where it's like, hey, what's up, dude, I have the picture of the battery. Now it's deceiving because see the picture of the battery shows full.
Speaker 4: Yet I'm at ninety six percent. That's not full. It's not full. I phone see it dips a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, it doesn't gas, it does There's no way it shows four percent loss of battery will definitely that's an Android for you. Yeah, take the easy way out. So you got to keep up with your percentage. Sorry, I have the most popular phone in the world. Yeah, not in America, most popular phone in the world. Yeah, I'm an American. I care about America.
Speaker 4: Cca. These people that run around it's tough.
Speaker 6: I don't know it is.
Speaker 4: Why the bill that never have a charge on their phone.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like people that are driving around and they're always at a quarter tank of gas, like you got to stop that, you got to stop that.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Girls don't want to get gased and whatever you're telling me, you get hassled at the gas pump.
Speaker 4: Whatever. Okay, I get it. It's got to be so hard being a hot check.
Speaker 5: The dude I do a podcast with Pat, he gives me phone anxiety because he doesn't He has like the most ancient iPhone of all time, refuses to upgrade. He can't download certain things because his phone's not up to date, and he also can't charge by plugging his phone in anymore. That charger does it work, So he has to have the wireless charger that you set it on. So if you watch any episode of Past to Gravy, probably he's always got the phone in his lap on a wireless charger that then just lights your phone on fire because it gets so hot and it'll be charging it slower than it would if you could plug it in. But instead of getting a new phone where he could plug it in, he just refuses to do that. And it stresses me out when he talks about it. It stress he's chasing a charge all day.
Speaker 1: It stresses me out when somebody is scanning every room for outlets and thinking, okay, like you.
Speaker 4: Have a charge, got charge of Tesla's phone?
Speaker 1: Always Testa's phone was never charged, like she's just it's chaos to me, it's absolute chaos.
Speaker 4: She had already have it plugged.
Speaker 1: That you don't have your phone it's a simple thing to plug it in on the overnight.
Speaker 4: I get forgetting though, like sometimes okay, do you forget? But see I don't sit there. This is maybe what happens if you're laying there and.
Speaker 1: You're scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, which we all know you shouldn't do that, and then boom, you fall asleep, and then the phone's laying next to you, and now you haven't plugged in your phone on the overnight. When you fall asleep on the couch, you wake up it's two o'clock and then I only have an hour of a charge.
Speaker 4: Fo it doesn't charge all the way that happened to me. There's a panic percentage.
Speaker 1: The average person starts worrying about their phone's charge at thirty eight percent. A lot of people, about a thirty people won't get concerned until their battery falls below twenty percent. I am of the belief that from twenty percent to zero is really five percent. Now you can get a lot on twenty I don't believe that. I feel like that that is that's just sheerly a number. It's like the amount of battery chewed up in that twenty percent. It's five You might as well just have five percent left. My panic percent is just when my phone's like, hey, yo, you're at twenty percent, because I think it does twenty and ten percent, and it's like, hey, what's up charge me? I was slightly upset with myself yesterday leaving for the golf tournament, knowing that it was going to be out there all day and taking pictures and video and stuff. I was slightly upset with myself that I was headed out to the golf tournament at eighty percent. I'm like, dude, you're better than that. I could have just I have a plug right here. I don't keep my phone plugged in during the show does not have it.
Speaker 4: It's right eighty percent.
Speaker 1: And I was already having a little panic, mini panic attack that my phone wasn't going to make it for the golf tournament.
Speaker 5: Isn't it bad for your battery long term if you're always charging it, like you should let it run its course and then charge it to make sure you have a charge.
Speaker 1: But I was told for my Dwult batteries. Yes, I don't know my phone, that's pretty much.
Speaker 4: But yeah, when you buy like a wireless speaker, it's like, don't charge it too much. Yeah, I think you just choost to let those drop a little bit.
Speaker 1: All right, So people talking online about their panic percentage, just plug in your phone on the overnight the.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan shown.
Speaker 1: The buzz all right, juice.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five buzz bad omens and uh, just pretend.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's show Free beer Friday. If you're just joining the show, where the hell have you been?
Speaker 7: Do we do?
Speaker 1: What do you want of these Johnny cum latelies?
Speaker 4: That's fine, Glad you're here.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're here because the first two beer winners were so excited and they made they made me know they wanted me to know the reason they called for free beer Friday.
Speaker 4: That guy had never ever called the station before.
Speaker 1: At six o'clock, I'm giving away love street Fest tickets. I have a four pack of VIP passes to Love street Fest, which is going down tomorrow. I talked about the beautiful weather all weekend. I mean sunny, mid eighties Saturday, Love Street Fest, sunny, no rain, higher eighty five, you kidd meet doors open at three o'clock. I got a four pack of VIP passes with the eight o'clock and the nine o'clock beer, So keep it right here.
Speaker 4: Vanessa sends me an email.
Speaker 1: I feel judged the current battery thirty eight percent, gas tank quarter full.
Speaker 4: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Do me a favorite, Vanessa, Go check the lint trap in your dryer, because I'm sure you've done about ten to fifteen loads without even.
Speaker 4: Looking at that sucker. That's the same person. That's the same person that has not checked the lint trap.
Speaker 5: We moved into a new places, like I think three weeks ago, yeah, and my wife was like, come here, look at this. In the first load of laundry that she did, she pulled out the lint thing, and I don't think in the entire time that the people that are rent against the house lived there, they ever emptied it.
Speaker 1: Listen, I love your wife. You can't even it's impossible for me. It is physically impossible for me, it all. But it's physically impossible for me to load up the dryer and not take a look at that lintra. I take a look every time too, before yeah, before, yeah, cheap throw.
Speaker 4: It take it out usually all righty, Vanessa, I am judging you.
Speaker 1: I'm judging Houston's rocking alternatives A rod Ryot.
Speaker 16: Morning show from six to ten AM ninety four.
Speaker 1: Or five ninety four, five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show, Fun of a Tree and hurt.
Speaker 4: A lot of people feeling attacked today by the show. That's not my intent, not our intents at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, it happens, but I don't come in here thinking that, Okay, I'm going to attack a group of keep doing. Sometimes things need to be said out loud. Girls, get your act together on charging these phones and you're it out and gassing.
Speaker 4: Up your cars.
Speaker 1: Just get it together, Just do it. It's not that hard, it's not it's a simple thing. It's gotta do these things, Rod, I too feel attacked. My panic percentage on my phone is when I hit four percent that's that's the same as my gas tank. When I have four percent fuel left, then it's time to fill up. Would a car guy please call.
Speaker 4: Or just send me an email? Why that's bad for your car?
Speaker 1: That's not true, as like you said, the batteries sometimes these rechargeable batteries, like for my dewault. Because you know, I'm a big I'm a man's man. I'm drilling, obvious, drilling all the time. You're not supposed to leave those batteries on the charger. As a matter of fact, you're supposed to let those go down to nothing and then recharge them the gas tank.
Speaker 4: That's not good for your car to be down rolling around in those fumes.
Speaker 1: She goes. At least I don't put gas in my car while it's running, like Tessa. Love you guys, Happy Friday, Laura. All right, Laura feeling attacked. I was Vanessa earlier.
Speaker 4: Never got to have a car faster.
Speaker 1: Sometime you need to be called out for what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's I'm off you just the things that you do.
Speaker 1: And you too, Laura, go check the lind trap in your dryer co lee. You can't you can't let that thing see it.
Speaker 4: That's a fire hazard.
Speaker 1: Sunny skies today, temper cent chance of rain upper eighties. Tomorrow, art car parade during the day. Beautiful sunny high of eighty five Tomorrow. Same thing for Sunday. Man No rain, no nothing.
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Weekend. Love Street Fest is going down at the brewery tomorrow, doors open at three. I'll have another four pack of VIP passes with the beer straight up at eight and the beer straight up at nine. Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: A tragic helicopter crash in New York City's Hudson River claimed the lives of all six people on board yesterday afternoon. The helicopter departed from downtown Manhattan around three pm, and witnesses reported hearing loud noises and seeing parts of the helicopter detached mid air before it plunged into the river. On board the flight was Siemens executive Augustine Escobar, his wife, their three children, and the pilot of the helicopter. The Supreme Court has ruled that the Trump administration must facilitate the release of a Maryland man who is wrongly deported to a prison in El Salvador, and the ruling yesterday the court both granted and rejected a Department of Justice emergency request that contested Kilmar Abrago Garcia be returned. The decision means that Garcia does not have to immediately be returned due to a judge imposed deadline expiring, but that the Trump administration has to be prepared to share what it can considering the steps it has taken, along with further ones. This decision also notes that the case should be handled as it would be as it would have been had he not been improperly sent to El Salvador. Albrego Garcia was sent to an El Salvador prison on March fifteenth, as part of the Trump Administration's planned to send alleged members of a Venezuelan gang there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're sent to El Salvador with the worst people on the planet.
Speaker 4: You don't belong there. They go, whoopsie, what are you asking for? What's the money? What's the figure for real?
Speaker 1: All of it? Two million? MILLI I mean, do you start?
Speaker 4: I want more than that. You don't get it, though, I don't get I go for ten.
Speaker 1: I don't think, hey, buddy, did you just send me to an El SALVADORI in prison? What I want?
Speaker 4: I want all the things, and I want immunity for the rest of my life. I can do any crimes. I don't think he's gonna get that either. But but he'll come away with a couple of meal. I think the mill is not enough. You should give him a lot more than that. He'll get a couple million dollars.
Speaker 1: Call me. Should never have to work again, He should never have to do any of that stuff. He should just be able to chill on a beach somewhere. Give him the rest of his life if he wants. Give him that list that they submitted from Armageddon. They didn't want to pay income tax for the rest of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, go through this on you guys, go.
Speaker 1: Through whatever, Steve BUSHMI that whole list of things that they said they wanted. People they get wrongly in card or like yeah, like when stuffing that happens, Like there's not a price that you can give them to make up for what you did. But they give a couple of million to people that have been locked up for years. This guy's been a couple of weeks. Yea in El Salvador with the most dangerous people on the planet, for sure. Maybe okay, now I'm talking myself down. Maybe he'll get a million, Maybe you'll get all.
Speaker 4: You should get all the things. What is this song that you have in?
Speaker 1: Oh? I just looked up grilled cheese songs in our system. Okay and elmer fudd I guess wrote on can I hear it?
Speaker 4: I look so very hot?
Speaker 22: Oh day long, I've got a dweam of heew before I get home cheese.
Speaker 1: I'll help you, wady because we got a date. I just can't wait to get Pulman put you on my poate.
Speaker 4: I didn't know we had a grilled cheese song. Well now you do.
Speaker 1: Today is national or tomorrow's national grilled cheese borrow is Yeah. So the poll question today is what's the best cheese to use? Forty eight percent say American cheese, thirty percent say Cheddar, nine percent say gri are, and then I had to go with other They only give you four options. Eleven percent of our audience said, so what cheese am I missing?
Speaker 4: Like? Do you like a grilled Swiss? I love Swiss cheese? Why not I want a grilled cheese, but Swiss.
Speaker 1: Oh, grilled Swiss wonderful?
Speaker 4: So yeah.
Speaker 5: In a new poll, seventy percent of people say that they prefer their toast level of their grilled cheese to be golden brown, twelve percent like it well done or even burnt, and thirty percent of parents say that they've had to remake grilled cheeses for their kids before because they were not happy with the level it was toasted.
Speaker 1: I had to make a grilled cheese, so I hate them. So Dad eats the burnt one and you got to make another one for the kids.
Speaker 4: It's not a bad situation.
Speaker 1: Though, right.
Speaker 4: It can't drive themselves to these parties.
Speaker 1: They can't cook for themselves yet, dude, welcome to my nightmare.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be there very soon.
Speaker 1: As for the sandwich, forty seven percent, and people consider themselves purests who just want bread and cheese. Men are more likely to experiment with extras like tomatoes, fresh herbs, bacon, and onions. That doesn't make it a grilled cheese at that point, though, if you add something, is it no longer a grilled cheese yet?
Speaker 4: If it doesn't have just like gets a grilled cheese. It's cheese. So and that it's a sandwich. It's a melt. It's called a melt. Yeah. Then, but are you saying one extra ingredient takes it from.
Speaker 1: Maybe the herbs you could throw in there, Okay, but like I don't, you will throw tomatoes on a grilled cheese like that's not that's not a grilled cheese anymore. No, that's a tomato sandwich with cheese. Eat it up, all right, I'm okay, I'm not arguing with you.
Speaker 4: You you're so argumentative. I am argument I very very argue. Eat it day.
Speaker 1: I think I'm okay with a grilled cheese can't contain any other elements.
Speaker 5: Cheese, herb, but like when another like other thing like that. Okay, tomato doesn't count. No, that's part of a sandwich.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: But man, dude, rye when you put.
Speaker 5: If you're putting bacon on your grilled cheese, that's cheap. I mean, that's not cheating. You're just making a bacon cheese sandwich. It sounds dope. I bet it's awesome, the grilled cheese with bacon.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: American cheese is the most popular cheese used in grilled cheese sandwich is followed by cheddar mozzarella and swiss Ccy five percent of people said they spread butter on the outside, and younger adults are more likely to put mayo on their grilled cheese.
Speaker 4: Mozzarella is good for one thing and one thing only, and I'm gonna leave it as a sticks.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pizza and stick okay.
Speaker 5: TV actor Eric Dane has been diagnosed with Luke Garrig's disease. He's best known for his roles on Gray's Anatomy and Euphoria. Yesterday, he told People magazine that he's been diagnosed with als, a disease. It affects the nervous system and causes the loss of muscle control. Dane, who's married to Rebecca Gayheart and has two teenage daughters, said quote, I'm grateful to have my loving family by my side as we navigate this next chapter. And he's requesting privacy for himself and his family. And the best story of the day was blanquid Ay two. Is Mark Hoppus responsible for the capture of Saddam Hussein back in twenty twenty three, or, as George Bush would call him, sam Adam Hussein well, that's what he claims.
Speaker 4: In his new book Fahrenheit one eighty two.
Speaker 5: Hoppus says the band was on an aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf because they were playing some shows in the region, and he told a Navy admiral that he had a plan to catch you, saying it had to do with the fact that Saddam was sending video messages to his followers from an unknown location. And Hoppus says he told the admiral, what about just having drones fly over the region in patterns, broadcasting time codes above the level of human hearing, but at the level that video recording would catch it. Then the next time he releases a video, you can listen to it and pull the data and triangulate the drones that you have flying over the admiral. Their admiral told Hoppus that he might mention it to his higher ups, and then four months later, Sadam got yanked out of his hole he was hiding in. So Hoppis ends the story in his book by saying, quote, you're welcome everyone, Thank you. Without blink way too, he wouldn't have aliens found out, and we wouldn't have captured Sadam So shout out.
Speaker 1: Shout out to blick Way too. Timothy Stalberg, good morning, brought Rod and crew. Have you ever had a brisket grilled cheese sandwich?
Speaker 4: No such things? Yes we did. I know the people from Smoke right before Christmas, Bard and it rocked.
Speaker 1: But it's a brisket sandwich. Brisket sandwich with cheet with melted cheese. It's not a grilled cheese right, And you're right because it's got brisket on it.
Speaker 4: I agree with you on that. Donecree sandwich is cheese.
Speaker 1: It's got to put the glove take the gloves off.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: I'm not fighting you, I'm fighting everyone else, all right. Sports Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Angels at Diking Park. Renew Blanco is gonna be on the mountain for the Strolls, going to against LA's Jack Kocano Witch first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In basketball, Rockets are gonna be on the road tonight taking on the Lakers out in LA.
Speaker 5: They're nine and a half point underdogs probably because they're going to rest some people. They've already been locked into the two seed in the Western Conference playoffs tip offs at nine thirty. You can hear that one over on our sister station, Sports Talks seven ninety And in golf, it's day two at the Masters. Yes, Justin Rose is still your current leader at seven under Paul. He's not going to tee off for a couple more minutes, but I will keep you guys updated if anything changes. And then also one more quick shout out to the lady Stratford Spartans soccer team.
Speaker 4: They're playing in.
Speaker 5: Their first first state championship game tomorrow in Georgetown at eleven am against Louisville Marcus. They're coached by David Walters and their captains are forward Alison Goodwin, midfielders Mary Charlotte Paul and Ryan Weber, as well as goalkeeper Olivia Harbison. Good luck ladies, kick some ass out there in Georgetown. Yeah, that's what's going on.
Speaker 4: In Sports Rock and Alternative Fair the Rod Ryan Marnin Show.
Speaker 1: Six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Wait, here's will.
Speaker 1: I will real late tonight?
Speaker 2: Three tons of well hit one can Oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, we men are blood the Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You've got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Free man.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Well Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: This is Antonio from Houston.
Speaker 4: You're not one of these guys that uh doesn't check the lind trap in the dryer?
Speaker 15: Are you?
Speaker 4: I can't, I can't, I can't deal.
Speaker 1: I can't deal with you. Guys if you if you're one of them that errollful get happen, won't.
Speaker 4: Even let me catch you doing that. Antonio, you're calling up ten awesome, bro.
Speaker 1: Do you know what we're giving away? You know it's free beer Friday. I know you got that part down. Did you hear about all the extras that are coming with the beer today?
Speaker 10: I did not?
Speaker 4: Okay, listen and you listen to me. Good Antonio.
Speaker 1: You now have a four pack of VIP passes to Love Street Fest tomorrow at the Carbock Brewery, right.
Speaker 4: Right where we did the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: They got bands playing.
Speaker 4: It's a whole festival.
Speaker 1: There's an artist village, there's food, there's beer flowing, and you got four VIP passes tomorrow. Need I remind you Sonny in eighty five for Saturday doors open at three o'clock.
Speaker 4: You're in bro awesome.
Speaker 6: Man, that sounds like fun on a bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude.
Speaker 1: The guy that won the first case of beer today at six, he's never called the station before called and he heard that we were giving these passes away to love Street Fest.
Speaker 4: So everyone else.
Speaker 1: There's still some VIP tickets available, so Antonio's not getting the last four, but there's not many, but general admission tickets are available.
Speaker 4: At Carbock Brewing dot com.
Speaker 1: Our friends Loosen Illusions are going to be playing will Dorado Moontaxi, Alex Lambert, Antonio, you're into that tomorrow, Okay, all right, all right brother, it is outstanding. Dude, thanks for listening. Have a great weekend, have fun. I am asking everybody that heads out there, man, shoot us a couple of pictures, you know, especially especially you guys that I'm giving you these VIP passes.
Speaker 4: Shit, at least you could do.
Speaker 1: That's the least you could do.
Speaker 4: All Right, I gotta take a break. I got one more of these opportunities.
Speaker 1: Straight up at nine o'clock for the Love Street Fest vipiece and the case of beer. On the flip of this break, we'll give you those tickets to go see the Pixies at the White Oak Music Hall.
Speaker 4: So stay there for rock and altar soon.
Speaker 11: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back, everybody. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you what's trending right here. Okay, we got you covered in the morning. Come on, you know better than that. Some guy just asked me. He's like, dude, are you gonna jump around today? Bro? B r O seven seven? It was? We hit it at seven twenty four today. We did jump around, Yeah, seven twenty every Friday. If you're looking to jump around with us, you're gonna have to just get up a little bit earlier. Okay, come on, trending now, I just put something up on x and uh soon to be trending.
Speaker 4: You can be trending futures pre trending.
Speaker 1: I have given you a link today, listeners of the Rod Ryan shok some' you smart Nasa NASA. NASA is running a contest to find the best way to recycle astronaut poop in space. Okay, whoever comes up with the best idea, they're gonna give you three million dollars. Okay, ideally it would work with p and Puke as well. Now, if the super smart people at NASA can't come up with it, and they're asking for you and I to come up to that idea, Sun, I don't know, I'll blow it up. I sent out the link a chance for three million dollars. Work on that astronaut. Pooh, okay, so there's your first one. Boom one, there's one, all right, there's one. Give me a couple more.
Speaker 4: Fanny Friday's trending in.
Speaker 5: At U tierraz subintuus by listener Brandon is very popular amongst our listeners. To check her out at the World Finish rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: I'm going right now.
Speaker 4: Joe Flacco's trending.
Speaker 1: He just signed a one year deal to return to the Browns at forty years old, and Frozen four is trending. Western Michigan is going to face Boston University in the National Championship. Boston University beat Penn State in their Frozen four matchup, and Western Michigan beat Denver in two overtimes.
Speaker 4: To advance to the National Championship Game. But that is was trending on ninety.
Speaker 1: Five The Buzz. What do you know what kind of money like Flacco? The thing I know about Joe Flacco, he was offered a contract and he said, you know what, I'm gonna wait. And a lot of times guys will try to get in that contract before their last year is up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe Flacco said, you know what I don't like. I don't like the terms that you guys are looking at it right now. Let's just wait till the end. That's the year he goes to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: So then he negotiated after winning the Super Bowl and he played his cards brilliantly.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I know that he had that one month.
Speaker 1: He probably was the highest paid quarterback and he was he was the next guy up that got that that big, big money.
Speaker 4: What does he get for a year now? I mean he's not a million.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine, just like, yeah, I'll stick around.
Speaker 4: Another year for four mil. Four mil.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put iHeart on you know, I know I got I got four years left on this contract. I'll stick around for another year for Joe Flacco money. Oh yeah, no, no, no, I'll just be the backup morning show guy for four mil.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: The Fanny Friday is wonderful. Yeah, it is absolutely wonderful. Pixies Spoon, White Oak Music Hall Phaser Days also on that bill September sixth. Tickets are on sale now at Ticketmaster locations. I got a pair of tickets for Caller number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five, Cage the Elephant ninety four, five, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, pup, you off. You're a great start to your day. Free Beer Friday that's still in play, and everybody that wins beer today, all four of you are getting a four pack of passes. They're VIP tickets to the Love Street Fest, which is going on this Saturday at the at the brewery at the Carbonk Brewery. Doors will open at three o'clock. You got great bands playing. Lucid Illusions, Yeah is playing. I didn't even hear. I had to go find out from you. You said, oh, yeah, it's all the guy's talking about it, maybe on their Instagram or something.
Speaker 4: So hey, the rock they are, they're awesome. They're awesome.
Speaker 1: So that's going down this weekend, that's Saturday. You can still get tickets Carbock Brewing dot com. But you can win a four pack of VIP tickets with that fourth and final case of beer. Let's go over to the phones here. Beautiful weekend too. I mean all this stuff going on. I mentioned art car, I got twenty five kid birthday parties to go to. Yay, good more of it.
Speaker 4: Who's on the phone here? Good morning?
Speaker 15: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Well hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: This is Rebecca?
Speaker 4: What is your phone charge at right now? Don't lie to me? I want to click on the little screen. Where are you at? Eighty seven percent?
Speaker 1: All right? We can be friends and I'm gonna give and I'm gonna give you tickets of course. Oh goodness, that's so exciting. If you're I mean somebody rolling around with ten it's eight point thirty. Yeah, because you pluged your phone in last night, right, Rebecca?
Speaker 17: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: How much gases in your car? Don't lie to me?
Speaker 1: A full tank?
Speaker 15: I filled up last night?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Would you drive it down? Would you drive it down to before you filled up?
Speaker 17: My gas light came on?
Speaker 4: But all right, all right, Hi.
Speaker 1: Just could you clear this up for me? What are the greatest mysteries of all time? What is it about getting gas that you hate so much? Please just end it for me, and I'll never bring it up again if you just have this great reason. What is it about getting gas that ladies don't like?
Speaker 11: Go?
Speaker 15: I just feel like it's gonna take ten minutes, and so I put it off and put it off, and then of course it only takes like three when you actually get there.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Listen, you're awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you these tickets, Uh, Pixies and Spoon September sixth, White Oak Music Hall.
Speaker 6: You're in all right, Oh that's awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All right, Rebecca, thank you so much. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you, which is cool.
Speaker 4: Kind a gas thing still didn't really clear that for me.
Speaker 1: So there's no oil in or gas in with oil and gas Greg, not for the masters, No, no, right, Like he's watched. He sends me updates and all day, every day he sends me these updates, and he's got these little snippets that he sends to me, and I can't help reading his emails in my master's voice, and I hear this music, this music literally plays in my head.
Speaker 4: Rent free every time Oil and Gas Greg sends me an email.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: A familiar face leads the eighty ninth Masters tournament.
Speaker 23: After Thursday's first round, making his twentieth Masters start, Justin Rose shot a seven under.
Speaker 1: Par sixty five. That's how I read all these emails. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can try, but I don't know if he saw this story. It's on links and guests.
Speaker 1: Big big names are.
Speaker 23: Lurking, including defending champion Scottie Scheffler at four under par.
Speaker 1: And what's this on whole sixteen?
Speaker 23: Justin Thomas having an issue with the green Jose Lewis Baalister behind him.
Speaker 1: Must have to.
Speaker 4: Really take a leak because he is now peeing in the water. Yeah, this is a real story.
Speaker 1: That was Like the biggest story I saw yesterday was that an amateur Jose Lewis Baalister, pissed in a creek during the first round of the Masters.
Speaker 4: He said he really had to go.
Speaker 1: Can't. I can understand this.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: That's also like half the reason people play golf, so you can pee in nature, Okay, right, I paid ten times at my tournament. Yeah, in the woods, okay. But during the Masters there's cameras everywhere, there's call everywhere, and just let the guy go, pace to play, pace to play.
Speaker 4: He told ESPN.
Speaker 1: Quote, I'm like, I really need to He's young, right, Yeah, he's an amateur, so he qualified.
Speaker 4: So this is a direct quote. I'm like, I really need to pee.
Speaker 1: Didn't really know where to go, and since Justin Thomas had an issue on the green, I'm like, I'm just going to sneak here in the river and probably people would not see me that much. He added, quote, it was not embarrassing at all for me. If I had to do it again, I would do it again. I have a linkup of him explaining himself. Listen, when you gotta go, you gotta go right, And that's the that's the beauty of being a man.
Speaker 4: Okay, curious, just so mad, Gusta, you would do this?
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, ladies, it's called ladies' night, it's never been called dude's night.
Speaker 4: And play golf.
Speaker 1: And you got all the boats on the Titanic, all of them. The trade off the world is our bathroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, those are the rules, ladies.
Speaker 1: Is this the first? It can't be.
Speaker 4: It's just at first it's gotten reported like since Yeah, since we've.
Speaker 5: Got all the media that we have these days. But okay, definitely at the first person to pee on a golf course at all.
Speaker 4: No, but at the Master's good for him. Did you also see how disrespectful he was?
Speaker 1: He had an upside down words on his hat and people were like, wow, no, why would he Why would he wear that to a gusta.
Speaker 23: This and more on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course we got a link up to the dude taking a whizz at the Masters. Here's shining down on the Buzz ninety four or five the bus. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Shine Down, rocking out for us. Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. It's a very special free Beer Friday.
Speaker 4: We've had a few people that are absolutely losing.
Speaker 1: Their mind over winning free beer Friday today.
Speaker 4: It's all presented by Specs.
Speaker 1: Okay, the beer, But what's special about today is uh, it's a four pack of VIP passes to Love Street Fest, which is happening tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Our car and all day.
Speaker 1: Love Street Fest doors open at three o'clock over there at the brewery. One more opportunity just a little over twenty minutes away. All right, sunny skis today, hies in the upper eights, no rain, no rain tomorrow, sunny eighty five. What it's perfect. It's perfect, sunny upper eightis. Low chances of rain on Sunday. Absolute beautiful weekend.
Speaker 4: It's been a perfect week.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've been a People are coming to me confessing, Sandra Rod, I'm cracking up.
Speaker 4: My phone's at ten percent.
Speaker 1: Earlier on the show.
Speaker 4: You never know what's going to hit.
Speaker 1: You never know it just real quick.
Speaker 4: I just was gonna mention it on the show.
Speaker 1: Important new research out there, people, there's a panic percentage where the average person starts worrying about their phones charge. That number is thirty eight percent. Mine is anytime it gets below fifty. But I'm just it's my neurosis. Rod.
Speaker 4: I'm cracking up. My phone is at ten percent. To be fair, I've been up since three forty five.
Speaker 1: What are you doing that? You did you plug it in on the overnight?
Speaker 4: No, that's my answer.
Speaker 1: No, I know you didn't. She said, gas tank? Is that half gallon or half a gallon? Better be more than a half a gallon. I'm sure, she meant to say half a tank. She It wouldn't surprise me if someone's driving around there on fumes with half a gallon.
Speaker 4: For God's sakes, This I'm gonna do when I get.
Speaker 1: Home, and I'd like, this is the same routine that I did a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: What were we talking about?
Speaker 1: The cap of the laundry detergent The day that we realized that there are people out there that pour it in the cap and then throw that wholesucker right in the wash wash and it says to rinse or throw in the washer. A lot of these caps on your tide and your detertions, it says to throw it in with the wash. People didn't there. There was all kinds of people that were chiming in on that day, people that did that, that didn't know it was a thing, people that oh my mom taught me that my grandma did that years ago. Some of the caps actually say to do that. I had never heard of any of it before. It was all like a foreign language for me, Thomas, And I know all washers and dryers are differently. The whole thing about sorry girls not wanting to go get gas, running those phones down forgetting to plug it in on of the overnight, running around with ten percent whole day and your wallet scrambling. Oh yeah, I didn't bring my license. It's so heavy to carry a license. Don't leave your house without ID. All right, moving on. I know every washer, every wa usher, and dryer is completely different out there. But Thomas says, I just wanted to let you know because oh, I was talking about the lint traps, and Tessa was famous for this. She would do twenty five loads of drying laundry and would not look at that way more than that, right, like maybe never, And I had to yell at her. I'm like, please, please, just get the link out of there. It's gonna be more efficient.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're wondering why those clothes are rolling around for an hour and then you open up the door and they're still wet.
Speaker 1: It's got nowhere to vent.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Thomas sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I'm gonna look at mine when I get home today, Rod, I wanted to let you know washers have a lint trap of sorts as well, where the socks go. Yeah, did you ever see any of those videos of like people like the and there's all these old socks and stuff that's there's a place where socks go in a washing machine.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I'm not handy, he said.
Speaker 1: Look for a small hatch on the front of the washer, near in the front of the washer, near the bottom left or bottom right. Grab some towels, open the hatch, unscrew the handle inside.
Speaker 4: Bad smelling water will come out. Soak it up.
Speaker 1: Keep unscrewing. The handle itself will come out, and you will see all sorts of nastiness that the filter has caught. Screw it back in and close the hatch. Do this at least once a month or every two months. Please pass this along to your listeners. Do you guys have a hatch? Is there someone out there that is at home that can get to their washing machine? Is there a hatch on the front now, he says, he said, water's gonna come out of that sucker, so but nasty water's gonna come out of there.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if you need to get some sort of a tupperware bowl or something. I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: These are the kind of maintenance things that makes me feel like a man when it's real easy to do I do it, and then I feel I'm so proud of myself. I feel like my dad's looking down on me. He's like, Okay, she's a air filter, This son of a bitch. At least he did that, you know, Like, I do feel good about that. I can't wait to see if if I have this crazy secret hatch on my washing machine when I get home, first thing I'm doing, I can't wait. You have a hatch on yours?
Speaker 4: You don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's gotta be some kind of it. Now, Guys gonna call me like, yeah, you know there's a filter inside your glove box in your car.
Speaker 4: Somebody told me that one time.
Speaker 1: They always try and get your change out when you get your car work on, right, that's something. Yeah, there's some change filter, weird air filter in the in the glove compartment or something in some of these cars.
Speaker 4: What's it like to be smart? What's it like to be awesome and just know all this stuff? Because I don't know what it feels like. I don't know, but I will go check to see if I got a hatch on my washing machine.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rock, Houston's alternative All Day and the Rod Ryan Morning Show, ninety five, The Buzz ninety four or five bus, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Harvey Danger Flagpole, Sit up, Ooh, we're close. We're gonna give away that fourth and final case of beer. But of course you get the four VIP passes to Love Streak Fest tomorrow at the Carbock Brewery everyone else at carbok Brewing dot com. There's still some VIP passes available, plenty of general admission tickets. I think a lot of people were kind of waiting to see what the web was gonna be, Like you kidding me? Today Tomorrow, Sunday, sunny, clear, mid to upper eighties, no rain, beautiful weekend on top.
Speaker 4: Right, So I'm gonna do the beer.
Speaker 1: I'm gona give away the beer, get you the tickets, and then we'll get right into open Phones Friday, where you guys.
Speaker 4: Will get the entire last hour of the show.
Speaker 1: All right, one final time, Alex, Good morning.
Speaker 4: What are Houston's headlines? Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: A tragic helicopter crash in New York City's Hudson River flanned the lads of all six people on board yesterday afternoon. The helicopter departed from downtown Manhattan around three pm, and witnesses recorded hearing loud noises and seeing parts of the helicopter detached mid air before it plunged into the river. On board the flight was Siemens executive Augustine Escobar, his wife, three children, and the pilot.
Speaker 4: An iconic weight.
Speaker 5: Loss program is headed towards extinction weight Watchers and preparing to file for bankruptcy over the next few months. After launching its business back in nineteen sixty three, The Health and Wellness Company is working with lenders and bond holders on restructuring shares of the company that fell fifty nine percent on Wednesday, despite the stock market having its best day in five years. The iconic company has struggled with relevancy over the past few years with the rise of weight loss drugs like a zempic, we goo v manjarro as quick fixes for obesity.
Speaker 4: Not about a quick fix, but it's working.
Speaker 1: Talk about red Mountain weight loss every day on this show, and people are losing weight Man fifteen pounds in a month's time.
Speaker 4: White Watchers ain't doing that. Yeah, White Watchers is not doing that.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm sure there's people that had great success. I mean they were around for a long long time. It's just it's it's got to be the Oprah winfree factory. They brought you to.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 1: I think they brought her in as a hail Mary, Okay, and then people love Oprah they still. I mean, remember remember when she said like she they shut her out like farming and getting her own cauliflower.
Speaker 4: Now you know she's got minions out there getting her cauliflower for her, like four seconds of the camera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, while she's getting her feet rubbed, her bunions rubbed by another minion. But when she went on a whole kick that she loves cauliflower, cauliflower was like, you couldn't get it at the store.
Speaker 4: And then oh, bread, I love bread.
Speaker 1: I love bread like you eat bread on this It's like, shut up. You can't eat a ton of bread and lose weight. You can't.
Speaker 4: But she said she could. Then she kind of got busted.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm doing some other things in addition to my weight loss or my weight Watchers program, and she's taking the shot like everyone else. Yeah, so I think this was the last straw for weight Watchers.
Speaker 4: They had a good run. Yeah, rip to weight Watchers. You're playing the weight by the band.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was trying to think of a nice play. I thought, so nice play, dude, would you try a moister?
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's a oysters and s'mores? Man, Well, if you if you're interested.
Speaker 5: At Seafood Place in Charleston, South Carolina is selling them as a new dessert. It's an oyster on the halfshell, topped with Hershey's chocolate, crumbled Graham crackers and a tiny marshmallow.
Speaker 1: How about new They torched the marshmallow rod. They're gonna brown the top like that sounds great?
Speaker 4: Guys, nobody likes oysters.
Speaker 1: You already.
Speaker 4: You always argue it's like, well, if you just put the stuff on top of it, and that's why you like it. This is the stuff on top of it is a some more.
Speaker 1: The people that want to fight me, I'm telling you they want to fight. There's people running around in this building want to fight me if they love oysters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you like all the crap that's on there.
Speaker 1: You like the oyster as a vehicle to put a bunch of crap on it and then eatores?
Speaker 4: Is that a bunch of craft? I just don't see that.
Speaker 1: I just don't There's protein and s'mores. It actually makes the most healthy if you think about it, it's disgusting. It's disgusting. I don't even think we have a link up today. This moisters. I thinksters. I know that the name is funny. I like this. I like this the mashup because I think it's funny. The person that's eating it on TikTok is not fooling me for a second that it tastes good. Watch the video, try it, watch the video. You get back to me, and you tell me, is that person enjoying that smoyster?
Speaker 4: They're not. Well, they're not. I'm not saying that they're not putting on a brave face for the camera.
Speaker 1: There's no way they're enjoying that.
Speaker 4: I'm just not having fun with it. Okay.
Speaker 5: The restaurant's called Fleet Landing, and the manager says that he was trying to come up with something different and realized that no one was doing dessert oysters.
Speaker 1: Yet.
Speaker 5: He's groundbreaking stuff for a reason, groundbreaking stuff. So he got his first idea, he said, during Girl Scout Cookie season, when he thought of the idea of a thin mint oyster.
Speaker 4: You just put the oyster on top instead of a cracker at the thin minute. I'd try that.
Speaker 1: Stop with your oyster.
Speaker 4: Duspoisters was a better idea, though, because it's a funnier name.
Speaker 5: Still would try it. Okay, Yeah, it is a funnier name. A couple of celebrities just became parents. Former Saturday Night Live cast member and comedian Cecily Strong just gave birth to her first child. She and her fiancee John McGregor, and it's their birth their daughter's birth on Instagram yesterday.
Speaker 4: And Zachary Levi is also a new parent.
Speaker 5: The actor and his girlfriend Maggie Keating welcome to their first child, a baby boy named Henson Ezra Levi Pugh. So lots of slabs becoming first time parents.
Speaker 1: Now, just like Alex Oh, Alex is the second time dad. Yeah, I got a kid, I advocate and everybody want a saber kids.
Speaker 4: That's how it works. What piece of produce is your kid right now?
Speaker 1: Not even that big huh.
Speaker 4: I don't even know right now, like a raisin four months yesterday?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so it might be. So it might be like the pit of a guacam like that. Yeah, I didn't see.
Speaker 4: My wife yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to like ask what.
Speaker 1: The update is. Yeah, that's the hot new things, Like, well that's been around for a while. But the app and it tells you every day what size the baby is, and like you.
Speaker 4: Can do a fruit and sometimes it's like an animal too. It's like, oh, of a porcupine or whatever. If that kid's the size of a porcupine. Right now, you're in trouble.
Speaker 5: Concert tickets are way too of nowadays, but artists are pocketing a lot less of the proceeds than you might think. The band Something Corporate recently tried to break it all down for CBS News. So for a recent show, the band set the ticket price at fifty six dollars, which became seventy dollars because of various fees that got tacked onto it. At that price, the show had the potential to generate two hundred thousand dollars, but right off at the top they had to pay nearly one hundred and four thousand dollars in costs related to the venue, like stage hands, that left them with just under one hundred k. But then there were commissions, fees, and payroll like the band's management taking quarter of the profit and the band's crew taking another quarter. When that was all said and done, something corporate only made a profit of about ten bucks per ticket for a ticket that cost concert goers over seventy dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the offspring does everybody know this?
Speaker 1: The Offspring has to pay the Woodlands Pavilion to play there, right, because you have people working and so you had to cover their costs, like they deserve to get money for working. Yeah, you're renting that venue to play there, assuming that you owe money enough money off of that then you can live off of three eleven.
Speaker 4: Will be paying seven pe to three music Hall to play there.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Woodlands wants you to play there, but they also want to make sure that they can take care of their people to play there.
Speaker 4: The Hives have to pay the House of Blues, yes, for the venue to play there, and then they got to pay all these other people.
Speaker 1: Yes. But yeah, when you're when you're like, why why can't you guys just play for ten dollars like it used to Because there's a bunch of other people that have to get They got their hands out and they need their their payments as well.
Speaker 4: Wild and those are you since headlines, it still.
Speaker 1: Doesn't justify some of the concert ticket prices that are happening. I agree, but those are people that the fees and stuff, those are just leeching off of all of this, which makes it worse for the consumer. And I do think it's cool that this band took the time to kind of explain, Hey, here's how the ticket price, this is where that money's going. And I think it'll be eye opening for a lot of people. You can see it on the music blog page there. Hey, no one's clicking on it. Everyone's little do it. Everyone's looking at that fanny complain. Yeah, then why when you're done with that, then you can see why you shouldn't complain as much.
Speaker 4: I guess everyone's looking for that secret hatch on their washing machine. Yeah, that might be waiting.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have one. Guys, I have a front loading washer. I don't have a secret hatch too. I don't have a hatch.
Speaker 4: I got confirmation. I don't have a hatch on mine.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: Sports Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Angels at dyke In Park. First pitch that's at seventeen. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In basketball, the Rockets are gonna be on the road tonight taking on the Lakers out in LA. They're nine and a half point underdogs coming into this Tipox at nine thirty, and you can hear it over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety as well. It's also day two of the Masters out the Gusta, Georgia. Justin Rose is your current leader at seven under par. Yeah, I won't be giving you any updates because this is the final sports of the morning, but quick shout out again to the Lady Spartan soccer team from Stratford High.
Speaker 4: School, Chili's alumni.
Speaker 5: They're playing in the state championship game for the first time tomorrow morning at eleven am in Georgetown against Louisville Marcus Picks. Some ask girls, that's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Chili was on that girl soccer team when he went to Stratford. The biggest Stratford Lady Spartans fan there is. He played on the team.
Speaker 4: He was the inspiration for the movie Lady Bucks and the Big Green and he didn't get any money for that. They just took his four eard and they.
Speaker 11: Ran Houston Fro, Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 8: Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: He got a free Bam Friday. He got a free Bam Briday. He got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and righte Bam Friday and rock Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan right right right, Ryan.
Speaker 22: By right right right right right, Yeah, good morning, hello, hello brother Rod, Yo, brother Richard.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? How are you doing awesome? I'm looking. I got a picture of my washing machine. I do not have any kind of a front hatch. I want to clean my wash my my my, my clothes washer, my washing, my washing machine. I don't have I got a front loading. I gotta I was. I told send me pictures of our washer, and I don't have that hatch. I want to clean this thing out. That's what I'm doing. Oh I'm doing a radio show. Oh I'm giving away beer. Hang on? Oh no, well yeah, I love.
Speaker 4: That though, right.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, there's always room for one more of those. But dude, you got the fourth and final case of beer today, Richard.
Speaker 4: Now all the beer winners.
Speaker 1: Are getting a four pack of v I P passes to Love Street Fest tomorrow at the car Bock Beer Garden right there at the brewery. Dude wil Dorado, Moontaxi, Alex Lambert, Loocid Illusions. They're all playing local food vendors. There's a huge vendor village, local shops. Beer will be flowing. Your VIP now, Richard, VIP tomorrow. Doors open at three o'clock. You're in. Let's go, Yeah, let's go. Beautiful weekend. The weather's going to be perfect, Richard. Where are you from? Pring enjoy, Enjoy the weekend. Dank you.
Speaker 4: Congratulations man, thank you for listening. Thank you everybody.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to our beer winners. I told you already. That guy that won the first case this morning. I don't have his name in front of me. You probably wrote it down. He had never called the radio station before, and he was so excited about the not only the beer, but what was coming with it, those Love Street VIPs, the four pack. He said he'd never called the station before.
Speaker 4: It happens when you call PIP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it works, it works.
Speaker 4: Oh man, you're waiting all week for this.
Speaker 1: Open phones for Friday, open phones for Friday, more like open phones Friday.
Speaker 4: Yay, whoa open phones Friday?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Jerome is the first one to get through, Jack Jerome Josh Tree, good morning, Yo.
Speaker 17: What up?
Speaker 13: What up?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 1: Jim? Fun time out at the golf tournament, dude, it was such a great time.
Speaker 9: I mean the weather was beautiful like so. You couldn't have asked for a better day.
Speaker 4: It might have been the nicest.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've got a pretty good weekend on tap here, but I think it was sunny in eighty two.
Speaker 4: We're out golfing. You kidding me, that's dumb. It's so great.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got a little bit too much, don Yeah, a little too much everything over there. I heard, I heard about it. Oh oh, you worry about it as long as you had a good time. Thanks for the support. I know Alex appreciates you hanging out there at the gravy Hole being a charter member of the gravy Gang. Later later, little ladle Lovell, all right, thanks millionaire guys, taking off of work for your for you for the golf tournament, for you, your golf tournament for us, millionaire.
Speaker 4: Good morning, JD the truck driver JDA good more, brother how I'm doing great. You're keeping the rubber side down.
Speaker 1: Of course, I know you are.
Speaker 21: I know you are.
Speaker 4: Are you driving today?
Speaker 18: I am in Illinois right now, going to Indiana swapping out my day with another driver, and then I'll tak you my loough to bring it back down to Texas and delivering.
Speaker 4: Wilmer on Monday and then Monday night.
Speaker 6: You know where I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be Monday night, a baby. Oh your son of a match. Good for you, dude, Good for you. Os are fans, Dad, They suck oysters are good thing. No one likes him, not so he literally just said he likes us. See you just like saying that on the radio that you're like a tough truck driving guys.
Speaker 6: I just ordered, I just ordered.
Speaker 9: I just ordered two bottles a whiskey.
Speaker 4: Okay, doll Field of Dreams. Oh really, I didn't know if that was a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just they just released.
Speaker 4: And so I got chuck corn for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah please please yeah, man, thank you, thank you. Jad keep the rubber side down.
Speaker 4: Ten to four. Hey Logan, you're next up on open phones.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hey Camran, brother Ron, how are you, brother Logan?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great, man, What you got for us? You're on the air.
Speaker 1: I was just got some mechanic TIFs about fuel. Yeah, in the Marine Corps a run.
Speaker 4: But uh, thank you for your service, bro, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, thank you for your support. One hundred and four days to our next birthday.
Speaker 4: Ah these marines, all right? So what was your tip?
Speaker 24: Uh? Just the reason you don't want your fuel to get low and especially in a gas iningest because I'll have to breathe. Stuff is gonna get in your feel pumped and see the overheat it or it's gonna cause it fail.
Speaker 4: Okay, now hang on a second.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I got a guy that sent me an email and said, Rod, would you stop this nonsense. The pump sits at the bottom of your gas tank and it's always pulling from the bottom. Is that true majority of the time? Yeah, speak for euro vehicle spit. Okay, So Logan, I know you know what you're talking about, because most people do tell me that they're like when you we were having a discussion earlier today about people running their gas tanks down to nothing. I got a guy that said, Rod, I'm on my way to daycare. Took my wife's car look what I'm looking at the gas He sat in the car and the gas light was on. Okay, Like, chicks hate getting gas, and people will tell you that it's not good to get down that low. Some people say it's a myth, but most people do agree with what you said, Logan, and that it's not good. Man, Like a quarter tank should be the new empty if you can kind of like get that mindset. But that's gonna be hard to change people's minds on.
Speaker 20: That, you know.
Speaker 24: And for all those diesel uh, diesel heads out there, whenever you do all change, make sure you've changed your fuel filters. Can't tell you how many times we got people bring in sharks. It's not running properly. And it's because the the field filters never changed.
Speaker 1: Out there.
Speaker 4: You go, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: And then the windshield washer fluid, Alex, It's there's another one right next to it. It's the blinker fluid.
Speaker 4: That's not a thing that you have to change.
Speaker 1: I know that change the blank No, it's that thing, right, thanks, Logan. That's another line open seven one three. Just a bunch of guys talking cars, you know, just just some car talk today.
Speaker 4: Car heads getting under the hood this morning.
Speaker 1: It's another line open seven one three, two one two five nine four five. It's open phones. We can talk about whatever you want.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: Amus, Good morning. I hope you're on to a great start to your day. We are all to a great start. On open phones Friday, I'm coming to you. I got Daniel, Nathan and Jellica Lynn Thomas, I'm coming to all of you. Don't go anywhere, but the kids. Got something for us. First online, Kid's alligs online ninety four five.
Speaker 4: Then what you're doing Today's ay, Well, it's pretty simple.
Speaker 1: Masters is going on. We're just doing mini golf. Yeah, my mini golf game kill some time on a Friday.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be working anywhere. Don't overthink it. Yeah, have the Masters on the background, you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Play the mini golf today at the well Famish rod Ry and show page at the buzz dot com. Cool.
Speaker 10: I like that.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. All right, here we go, Thomas, You're next up on open phones Friday.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Hey brother, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are y'all doing? Great? Man?
Speaker 4: What you got going on this weekend?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 9: I want to wish my daughter and my soon to be son of loft tomorrow, all the best. They're getting married tomorrow. We're all super excited at another member of our family.
Speaker 4: That is this the first kid that's getting married of yours.
Speaker 9: This is my only kid and it is he's the oldest of two on the other side, So yeah, it's first wedding for both sides of the family.
Speaker 4: How are you gonna hold it together?
Speaker 1: Thomas?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be able to. I'm sorry, I know I won't. I want to start crying right now.
Speaker 9: I know we're both girl dads and uh yeah, Uh, the least I talk about it, the better I'll do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you're gonna be got to.
Speaker 9: Toast this evening and obviously some some sort of a toaster speech tomorrow as well. I'll do my best.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be bawling like a bitch, you know you are, Yeah, dude, good luck holding it together, man, And just I don't know, have fun with it. I don't know, I mean, how geez.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's amazing, But I just the emotions that you've got to be going that's got to be running through you right now.
Speaker 4: Good luck holding it together. That's all I can say.
Speaker 9: Thank you, brother, thank you for letting me get out there.
Speaker 4: All right, man, have a great time.
Speaker 1: Hey Lynn, good morning, Hey brother Rod.
Speaker 4: What you got for open phones?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 13: I just wanted to give a little plug from my YouTube channel. Please called any anything outdoors Gold Coast.
Speaker 4: Uh huh uh huh and uh I do.
Speaker 13: I do saltwater fishing videos. I do bad fishing, air salt really just anything outdoors man. Trying to get people to, you know, get off the couch, get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather we got.
Speaker 1: You know, I like that. You know, we're all good friends. Alex really good tight with Doug Pike who works here. And uh yeah I was. I was making fun of him. Okay, Now, Doug's an outdoorsman like you. He probably, I don't know if he knows you're he is. He went to a fly fishing movie festival. I'm like, that's the nerdiest thing I've ever heard in my life. It's a bunch of movies about fly fishing.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that might be a little far for me.
Speaker 4: That's how they are. That's how deep does.
Speaker 1: I try to get people to.
Speaker 13: You know, get outside and enjoy what we got out there to enjoy. You know so many people who give simple pleasures that can be close to your out.
Speaker 4: We say it all the time on the show Touch grass, Touch water.
Speaker 1: Touch grass, great out there? What isat?
Speaker 4: What is your YouTube channel?
Speaker 13: Len anything Outdoor?
Speaker 18: Gold Coast?
Speaker 4: Good stuff, man, Thank you, appreciate you. Angelica, You're next.
Speaker 1: Up on open phones.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, Angelica, what.
Speaker 1: You got for us?
Speaker 15: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Good morning. My name's Angelica.
Speaker 15: I have owned the wax Spot by Angelica in the Heights for about eighteen years and we've been open for twenty two years. So I just wanted to promote a small business, woman owned, family or operated. It's me and my two sisters and another woman who's been waxing for seventeen years.
Speaker 4: So if anybody's.
Speaker 15: Questioning bikini Brazilian waxing for both men and women.
Speaker 6: That's what we specialize in.
Speaker 1: That's what we do all day, every day, five days a week.
Speaker 17: So if you've lost to beat.
Speaker 15: Guys, or if you're looking to try something new spice things up after a while, call the wax Spot.
Speaker 4: It's what we do all day, every day.
Speaker 15: Do you sins best wax dot Com?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Do you use is there any kind of a numbing cream or anything that you use or you just go in there with the waves.
Speaker 15: Yeah, there's topical numbers that people can use. I found that it can be a pro or con. Some people say, oh I feel it more or you know, it actually works, So it just varies from person to person.
Speaker 20: So we actually don't offer it. We just let people take you know, their preferences, okay, and then we recommend like a talent all advil.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, sure, I'd like to just be hit over the head with a baseball bat and then wake me up one of my waves. Now what how that would work?
Speaker 4: To Listen when a guy wants a ball wax for real? Like, yeah, is it?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 1: You get one a day? Is one a week? One a month?
Speaker 4: I mean, how many dudes are coming in to get to get their junk wax lush?
Speaker 17: Listen?
Speaker 15: There's not many people in Houston that offer mail Brazilian waxings and we've been doing it for twenty two years.
Speaker 20: So we get clientele daily and they help sustain our business. So we're really grateful for the guys that give trust, trust us to handle that area for them.
Speaker 4: So every day, our bread butter every day you're waxing a ball bag.
Speaker 15: Every single day.
Speaker 1: There are two times, three or four or five?
Speaker 4: Not kidding, Okay, not kidding. We need to do a bet on this show.
Speaker 15: Yes, I can wax you. I can wax in studio. The wax Spot by Angelica and the Heights We're off.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Angelica.
Speaker 15: I'm ready when you are. The wax Spot by Angelica Houston's Best wax dot Com scheduled today.
Speaker 4: That's so awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Good plug.
Speaker 4: Nathan, You're next up on open phones.
Speaker 17: Hey, brother Rod, So I wanted I wanted to ask you have you do you have any contenders for the show yet, anybody prospects or anybody.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're talking about a co host?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I said something.
Speaker 4: I haven't talked much about it.
Speaker 1: You're right. I mentioned something the other day Monday, I said on the air, I go, I think Tuesday. Tuesday, I said, there is a person that has an offer letter in their hand. It is in there, it is in their court. Whether there's going to be a counter offer or something. I'm sure there will be. There is.
Speaker 4: There is a letter in a person's hand that I have offered the job to.
Speaker 1: That is beautiful.
Speaker 4: That it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: That's what I can tell you. There's there is legal things, and I try to tell you guys, absolutely everything. But that's where I'm at. That's where it's taken a long time, and I just didn't want to It's got to be right. If you've heard me talk about that, I said that seat on this show, I've never gotten it wrong. I've always you know what I mean. The people haven't been on the show forever. But if you look at Teresa, Dinah, Tessa, it's been right. It's been right every time. So with that lineup, that's murderers right there. To try to get somebody to sit in that seat, it had to be right. It's taken me months. I'm going to get it right, Nathan, I'm going to get it right.
Speaker 17: Okay. Well, I don't listen to the show all the time. I have to work too, and I don't have Ieheart. I can't download.
Speaker 4: iHeart, So why any can't you download her?
Speaker 17: I set up two accounts and I can't remember my password, and I keep trying to download it and I can't remember. I'm a damn password dude.
Speaker 4: Just blow up that phone and get a new one. Thank you, Dathan. Thank you just because I said I was going to get to him, Daniel.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Daniel, Hey by the road up sud Dude, I said I was coming to you. I got you.
Speaker 4: Thank you for holding what you got for open phones.
Speaker 13: Hey, hey, to switch up the whole vibe. You have all that manly talk about outdoors and.
Speaker 21: Guys, we'll get a shout out to my wife man and I love him little bit to hilling back and she stay by my Suze Marie.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, dude. How long have you guys been together? When I six years now, I haven't been married for going on three Wow.
Speaker 1: And is this is it an anniversary or something that's happening or is this just a shout out out of the blue? Out the blue good for you, the blue.
Speaker 4: Good for you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now we all got a shout out to our checks. Thanks Daniel. Thanks Now we're all okay. So everybody's chicks great out there. Okay, except for when you let it the gas tank go down to Eve. That's another line open Thank you, Daniel. Seven one, three, two, two five five. It's Open Phones. Experience in Adventure into the Cosmic on Buzz ninety four five bus popa roach, No apologies, Rod Ryan Show. Oh well, we're either going to sit down and get some popcorn and watch the Magnificant Magnificent seven, or we're gonna do it for folks. What are we doing here?
Speaker 4: I think we're doing open phones Friday.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jay Bird has been on hold the longest Jay Bird Good morning.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning brother Rod.
Speaker 4: Hey dude, what you got for open phones?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 18: So I wanted to First of all, I went out to the tournament on what was that Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and thank you was out there.
Speaker 18: My wife was out there with one of my coworkers and wean. I appreciate you guys coming out for the the booth there and checking it out. What was your flat, Houston?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, my buddy took it pall. Yeah, my my my buddy unloaded a clip in my butthole. Thanks.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, he took care of you real good.
Speaker 4: Huh what are we saying?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 18: No, we actually read outd Colin was we have a paintball term Nick coming up on May, okay, and we have an open division which is open for all all categories, but we also have a beginner division for people that are interested in trying it out. So I want to throw that out there.
Speaker 1: Give out the website, sply Houston dot com. That's awesome, Hey man, thank you guys so much. It was really fun having you guys out. It was a real fun interactive hole too. I don't know if you made it over.
Speaker 4: There, Alex, I didn't not get a chance. It's fun. It's nice having it. Probably would have gone poorly because I would have done something done too. Was it called the buckwheat? Yeah? Yeah, buck weet.
Speaker 1: Christopher Walken in Things to Do in Denver when You're dead ordered a buckwheat on somebody.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: If you missed the show, you can't. I can't be explained. I can't be re explaining everything we talk about on the show off the day. You got to listen every day, Cheyenne, good morning, Hey.
Speaker 19: Good morning guys.
Speaker 1: How are you super great?
Speaker 4: What you got going on this weekend?
Speaker 1: Cheyenne?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm with Redfish Inspections.
Speaker 1: We want to help you guys get out there and look for houses this weekend.
Speaker 6: So we want to do that inspection.
Speaker 16: If you're a realtor and you got an open house, drop me a message on socials and we'll bring buys some goodies for it.
Speaker 1: And if you're a buyer looking for a homer commercial space, we want to come by and make sure it looks.
Speaker 11: Good for you.
Speaker 4: How long you guys been around it's our fifteenth birthday this year. Really, how long you've been doing this?
Speaker 8: I've been with them for eleven.
Speaker 4: Now do you do the inspections or you book them?
Speaker 1: So I actually do all the marketing for them.
Speaker 15: So I've got a team of fifteen guys in the Houston area and we also are in San Antonio and Dallas.
Speaker 1: That inspection is so important and it's unbelievable how thorough they are. I mean, when you get somebody good, Alex, I don't know if you've gotten to this point yet, but you hire Cheyenne's company and they come in and they work for you.
Speaker 5: I had a house fall through like a year ago because of the inspection the electric The electricity was through a surge protector.
Speaker 4: The whole house was on one extension cord.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just ran to the neighbor's house like, hey, you should probably get this fixed.
Speaker 1: Like something, yeah, probably something. You want to buy this house if this extension cord gets unplugged the whole house Goeser Sark.
Speaker 4: What's the name of your company.
Speaker 6: It's Redfish Inspections and we do home commercial, mold all.
Speaker 1: Of the things.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Thank you, Cheyenne.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks guys, going.
Speaker 1: You guys are doing a good job promoting today. Skittle, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Brother Rod?
Speaker 4: Talk to me, Skittle? What are you promoting?
Speaker 19: Check it out, dude. I'm the singer of a band called Chaw j W h a W.
Speaker 4: And your name is Skittle. Of course you're the lead singer of the band.
Speaker 1: Yes, but check it out. You guys have seen me before.
Speaker 19: Okay, where I sung with Relevant Saints for the Saint Patrick's Day show. All right, and I did that video we're on the nerd for the elevated song.
Speaker 1: Were you the singer of that band or you just sang a song with them?
Speaker 19: I sang the elevated song with string?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Skittle, I remember you for sure.
Speaker 1: For sure, shaw a W.
Speaker 17: You would love chaw It's very rage stylish.
Speaker 1: Okay, but we're funk jazz rock, new metal. How do you get every song? You sound like you might be Are you screaming in these songs.
Speaker 4: Dude, how do you like how do you like your voice? How do you get to a show?
Speaker 13: What do you do?
Speaker 4: What's your secret?
Speaker 19: It's not all screaming. It's a little rap, little singing, little everything.
Speaker 4: Is just different.
Speaker 19: I have a vocal effects pedal that helps.
Speaker 1: Okay, every song is different.
Speaker 19: If people so got a band, every song is different, and you go and it's all the same. What we actually pulled that off?
Speaker 1: What is the most important social media for you? For people to look at? Instagram?
Speaker 4: YouTube?
Speaker 1: What do you want to give out?
Speaker 4: Skittle?
Speaker 1: YouTube?
Speaker 4: Okay, what is the how do we get to you on YouTube?
Speaker 1: Shaw?
Speaker 19: And then type in t X right after.
Speaker 1: It and we pop up C H A W t X and we'll pull up skittle singing yep in the band.
Speaker 4: Okay, you got a gig this weekend?
Speaker 19: The next show we have is actually for the drummer of Relevant and thank this wife a private event. But no, we don't have anything set up. So if anybody wants to hit us up.
Speaker 1: Let us know. All right, all right, one good thing you'd love to know check this out?
Speaker 19: One last thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one thing did.
Speaker 19: All club people hate the bartenders, the sound guy, all them people hate they hate your band, right because everybody sounds like crap all this. Those are the main three people that love us besides the crowd.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we'd kill it. Bartender approved, chaw okay, bar back approved. Okay, thank you, Skittele. Matt England, welcome back to the show. Dude, where you been Matt? Nah, just been busy.
Speaker 21: If I wanted to call in and say hello to you guys and let you know that, uh with y'all just being just the man shown just you guys, I mean, I know you've all been double work and everything.
Speaker 1: You're just doing a great job.
Speaker 13: It's been a great transition, guys, until you get your new co host.
Speaker 1: Definitely killing it.
Speaker 4: Thank you. These guys have been killing it.
Speaker 1: I mean, Chile and Alex have really kind of stepped up and we just said, hey, you know what we're I don't want to just go run out and get a co host and then it be wrong. I'd rather take the time, and that's the trust I have in these guys. I'm like, we're not gonna we're going to find the right person. We're going to make sure that we find the right person. So that's kind of I can trust these guys and they.
Speaker 4: Haven't done a great job.
Speaker 1: And thank you, Matt.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you calling here as good as the people you surround yourself with.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, I've said that for years, like I've never been able to do this show by myself.
Speaker 4: I can't thanks to you.
Speaker 21: Guys are doing a great guy man.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Matt. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Chris.
Speaker 4: One more, and then we got to wrap it up.
Speaker 1: Hi, Chris day fellows, sup us up? Man? What you got for us?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's so funny that Matt said that, because that's exactly why I was calling.
Speaker 18: Like, I love Testa and everything, but I've been enjoying just the boys.
Speaker 6: Man, you and Alex chopping it up.
Speaker 4: Dude, you'all are cracking me up. I'll send this to Wizard. All our losses.
Speaker 1: Get another five years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: If I get that Joe Flacco money, yeah, it's the four I get that Joe Flacco money, I'll resign. Thanks. You'll do this little passive income there, Chris.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, man, appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Pleasure, love you guys, Thank you, love you mean it. When I said, all right, guys, thank you it was a great round of open phones Friday.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. What did she? Oh? I knew?
Speaker 4: I knew what he's gonna do.
Speaker 1: The Hives tickets are going on sale at ten, so he put those on know the show, very top of mine, very smart of him. The Hive September ninth, House of Blues not even on sale yet. We'll give you the last pair before we turn you loose that ticket Master. Okay, Alex will have a question for you on the flip of this break. Thank you, Everybody, Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 16: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. What a great round of open phones Fridays. You guys are awesome, man, Thank you. I have tickets to go see the Hives on September ninth. They're playing the House of Blues. Tickets will go on sale two days at ten am, twelve minutes from now at ticketmaster dot com. And I know a bunch you're gonna hop on and go buy those tickets, so at least try to score these from us right now.
Speaker 4: Alex. It's called no the show. You have to have a question for.
Speaker 1: Them, something that was said on the program, Well, hello friends, Hello, we were talking about a golfer that did something.
Speaker 4: Yesterday at the Masters. Because some people are little upset. It's just one of us.
Speaker 1: But it's just it's just guys being dudes. What was it that he did at Augusta to have people in a tizzy? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, prove it.
Speaker 11: The Buzz is right in your market.
Speaker 16: Tell your smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Stained and So Far Away. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. I hope you're all real great start to your day. Thank you for joining us and hanging out with us for a little bit. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: Jeremy's up next. Helpe me on a beautiful weekend on tap.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about it, and I want to talk about some of the great things that are going on this weekend.
Speaker 4: But let's take care of this last person here.
Speaker 1: I know the show on ninety four to five The bus. Lala la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la Doo do to do goot doo. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Hello. Who's this Ada? How are you today, Amanda.
Speaker 8: I'm fantastic, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I hope we can get you some tickets here before we go. All right, I'm trying real hard. Okay, this is Amanda Alex. You have a question, Amanda, what did a golfer do yesterday at the Masters.
Speaker 4: We've got some people upset.
Speaker 8: He was standing in the creek. Yeah, what an amateur.
Speaker 1: Nature calls.
Speaker 4: He's in nature.
Speaker 1: You had to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, congratulations, you're the winner.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you those tickets to go see the Hives on September ninth over at the House of Blues.
Speaker 8: Okay, sounds great, Thanks so much.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Amanda. Have a great weekend. Well wait a minute to hang on. Okay, I'm hanging how much gases in your car right now?
Speaker 8: You think, Oh okay, I knew you were gonna I'm gonna catch me. So this is a very unusual. I do not let it get a below half a tank where you at right now? And I'm at like, like not even like a notch below. I'm all my way to the gas station right now, all right, all right, and my phone is at ninety seven percent.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, you're cool here you all right. We're cool, we cool, we cool, we cool. Alright, have a great weekend, Amanda, you too. Thank you so much, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: All Right, the show, it's guys.
Speaker 4: I used a little more cow bell. Well, yeah, there's that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. Baby, I got a fever and the only prescription it's.
Speaker 4: More cow bell.
Speaker 1: A million emails, lint traps, gas tanks, phone batteries. Yeah. Why do we do everything on one show?
Speaker 4: I mean just piled up. Thank you, guys, I really did. I had a fun time today. I still had fun with you guys. Man every morning.
Speaker 1: I like it. I mean, it's a crappy time to be up, you know, but you gotta make the best of it, and I think that's what we do.
Speaker 4: So thank you, guys, so much.
Speaker 1: Thanks to the guys over at Carbok for being so generous and giving us all these tickets. Everybody that won beer today got a four pack of tickets. Not just any tickets, but VIP passes to Love Street Fest.
Speaker 4: It's going on tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's at the Carbock Brewery doors open at three Carbonkbrewing dot com. You can still get tickets online, okay, can you walk up and buy tickets? Probably, and you're gonna want to because tomorrow clear skies, sunny, no rain, eighty five. It's almost like how we drew it up for the golf tournament. It's a perfect day. Yep, it's a perfect day. You got the art car parade that's going on in the morning. It's gonna be a great weekend. Guys. It's gonna be an awesome weekend. It's a great weekend for Houston. And it's just beautiful, beautiful weather. There's no rain to worry about. We're either mid or upper eighties, sunny and clear. Jeez, come on, congratulations to Paul No.
Speaker 4: No day five most he got the door.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 4: Other John Psycho has been waiting over two thousand.
Speaker 1: Days exactly how many days to avenge the time that he lost against Paul over two thousand days ago, and he's just been creeping in the background and he came in on Paul today and won this morning. What a game. If you missed the fresh out of mad head to head this Morning is it podcast? It's yeah, So just that game is podcast. If you want to just hear the podcast of that game, but I always recommend you go back and listen to the whole show. There was a lot of stuff today on the show. Thank you to everyone that was a part of the show. If you picked up the phone and called that guy, I talked about him how many times now, the guy that won the first case of beer. He's never even called before, but he thought that these Love Street Fest tickets were too good to pass up on, and he he ended up winning. So does a lot of people go into that Love Street Fest. Man, snap a few pictures and send those to us. Okay, I mean little kid birthday. Hell, we'll get through it, buddy. I'm going to ten birthday parties this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jillie's got six picks, Hill's got six Jay six picks?
Speaker 4: Bro And man, what you got planned?
Speaker 6: Nothing? Going to an Astros.
Speaker 1: Game today though, out of the way, yeah, millionaire, Yeah, going to the Astros game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna be sweeping out the places though.
Speaker 4: All right, Okay, you're heading to the game today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to an Astros game tonight.
Speaker 4: Awesome. All right, Well that'll be I'm already looking forward to your picks. It's not even Monday yet.
Speaker 6: I'm not looking forward to Monday.
Speaker 1: Can't get here quick enough to see what Chili's got planned for the weekend and more sidewalks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never again.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jeremy's up next. He has picking tickets in the one o'clock hour. He's gonna rock out the whole nooner. He's like, I don't have time for these commercials. I'm just gonna NonStop nooner. Have a great weekend, everybody. Thank you guys so much for another great week on the show. You guys really do make it awesome. Hey, I'm af well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 4: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 11: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.