Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection. We have OKM and my goodness sakes, we are colorful today. We've got all kinds of beautiful flyers here for Octoberfest.
Speaker 2: Good morning, ladies. Are you doing?
Speaker 3: Good morning Tom?
Speaker 2: How are you all doing? Okay? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Rose?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, of course you are. I know you are. What we got cooking.
Speaker 4: We have so much cooking, but we'll start with Octoberfest. Octoberfest is coming up on Saturday, October fifth. It will be over at our office on Dewey and fourth, Fourth and Dewey between fourth and fifth, I should say. And so if you know where the Harvest Bank is, if you know where RSU you can find us. We are just right there on the corner. So we invite everyone to come out. Children eighteen and under are free, Adults are ten dollars. You can buy your tickets at the gate. You can buy your tickets at okmmusic dot org. And so we encourage everyone to buy their tickets early. Just to speed up the process of getting in. We'll just scan you right in. You can also come in and see Rose at fourth and Dewey or myself and she'll sell you a ticket. You can also call in on the phone if you can't use your computer. Don't feel like getting out at nine one eight three three six nine nine zero zero. So that's what we have going on immediately, and you don't want to miss out because Tom, I know you like food like I like food. Where foodies and so we have an amazing new food truck called Get Toasted.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 4: I have the sticky on my door and everyone who walks by sees it and they think the wrong thing Get Toasted, and I'm like, no, no, no, it's not alcohol.
Speaker 3: You would think that for Octoberfest.
Speaker 4: But it's actually French toast with a twist, so like you know chicken and waffles, it's like chicken and French toast. So everyone has to come out and see the new Get Toasted food truck. We have Prices Meat Market of course, bringing all the beloved German food with the brots and the sausages and the sours and all of that wonderful stuff that everyone loves. We have Jack's Barbecue, which is also new for us this year.
Speaker 3: We're excited to have them.
Speaker 4: Palace Rooms is bringing their delicious pizza from Lollipops as well as their yummy pretzels, so we can't wait to try those. They're also going to have wine anything, Bent cake, bunt Cake will also be.
Speaker 3: There, Cooper and Mill, Scissor Tail, and so much more.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 4: There is going to be good drink, good home brewed beer. There's going to be or I guess I should say craft brood beer. I don't think they make it at home.
Speaker 3: I have, yes there. We're going to fit them all in because we have that whole street.
Speaker 2: That's true, you do You got even more room than you think. Yeah.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Gateway Bank is so kind to partner with us. They're across the street from us. We use their parking lot where you drive through with the teller to put all the food trucks, and then we have the tents in the parking lot that's next to our building as well as in the street. That's our root Beer Garden tent for families and kids this year, and of course the stage goes in the big main tent.
Speaker 3: And so that brings me to entertainment.
Speaker 4: We have the German American Society of Tulsa Dancers Gust Dancers coming the Blascapella Polka band, the Mack Schnell Polka Band, and of course everyone's favorite King Cabbage is also making a return. And Octoberfest wouldn't be Octoberfest without the Chicken Dance, So you have to come and do the Chicken dance.
Speaker 2: Rosi Chicken dance for us.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know, I don't know about that. Rose is going to do the beer Stein Competition.
Speaker 2: Muscles right exactly.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you can come do the beer Stein Competition. You can do the beer Stein Relay. We have a raffle that we do every year. It's a yetti, so every year we do a new color and it's filled with all kinds of German goodies, so to have schwetzla and sauerkraut and brats and just all kinds of fun things, gift cards and certificates. This year also our big Raffle is a trip to Bigfoot Country in Broken Bow, Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 4: Can stay for three nights with your family in an airbnb. You're gonna get some cash, some restaurant gift certificates, and you're just going to have a swell time looking for Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: And remember you can get a big foot hunting license and you can only bring in bigfoot bigfoots willing to come in.
Speaker 3: There you go, and I kind of hoot. I hope that no one's sponsored, but maybe you want to spot.
Speaker 4: Just wait, there you go and Broken Bow is beautiful if you have. If people haven't been there, they really need to go. It's just it's a fantastic little town, a beautiful park, beautiful lake.
Speaker 3: It's just it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Rose what you got over there?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Well, beginning at twelve thirty with the kids in the afternoon, there's going to be a marrying Aunt peppet show the circula and it's got with a little doc see it's a little wiener dog.
Speaker 2: Oh my.
Speaker 5: And we're going to have pepercorn decorating and pretzel necklaces that they can put together and wear or they can eat. We'll have the shilty bags, and we have storytelling with books and stories of four great things. And we're going to have two times for the puppet show, one at twelve thirty and the other at six.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you need to see it twice or.
Speaker 5: Time or pick your time, and it will be in Amber Hall, nice and air conditioned.
Speaker 3: Well, we can't have all the puppets.
Speaker 2: Outside, you know, I know it happens there.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: We want to get a really big shout out. I need to address all of my corporate sponsors. But while Rose is talking about children's revo and John Nettles is just.
Speaker 3: A huge sponsor for Okay Music.
Speaker 4: And he helps make all of the kids games and activities and puppet shop possible. So thank you so much, John for all that you do for Okay and music.
Speaker 3: No, no, you are fine.
Speaker 5: We're also gonna have a sausage toss and a gnome hunt. They're gonna be like all over here, a little moans so and so we have a root beer garden, which means root beer floats. Oh yeah, so come out and join us for that. And I have to think Bronx they're gonna furnish our ice cream like they did for the Unity uh Fornali for the kids on for the festival.
Speaker 2: Boy, they liked so much. You're coming back like that.
Speaker 3: I think they are.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: We have other things, you know for the older kids, you know, like axe throwing and off and yeah.
Speaker 3: All kinds of painting, all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: So these kids are gonna be like worn out by the time, they're gonna sleep good a lot.
Speaker 5: That they have a wonderful, wonderful time because we have lots and lots of good things for them.
Speaker 2: Man, it sounds like it's going to be great.
Speaker 3: All they have to do is scan.
Speaker 5: The little flyers are going out the first part of the sixteenth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just yere in a few days. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In the public school and all the private schools, home school associations, everyone, every child will get a flyer and tell us all about what's.
Speaker 3: Going on, and so over over five thousand flyers.
Speaker 4: Going out to our local kids.
Speaker 3: It is a lot of kids. But we're excited. We are excited.
Speaker 2: We should be the community.
Speaker 5: I have come together and we've had people that have notified me and we have like over the pretty close to five.
Speaker 3: Thousand of those flyers.
Speaker 5: And in the school system, every child gets what one as well as boys and Girls.
Speaker 3: Club and you know they have a club.
Speaker 2: Over in doing now, Oh yeah you do. It's a beautiful one, yes, brand new.
Speaker 5: And the school over there and then the preschool so exactly parents, and don't forget that on the back of the flyer is the scan you can scan to RSVP, so that I know approximately how many children are there, so that we can plan ahead for each event that's going on.
Speaker 3: Happening children are for you.
Speaker 4: We do ask that you go ahead and reserve your spot, just to make sure that we know. And we have plenty of arts and crop supplies, We have plenty of love cushion cookies to decorate, plenty of seating for the puppet show. And again there are two settings for that. You can go on our website okaymusic dot org and check out all the schedules and then if I can, Tom, can I mention our corporate sponsors or.
Speaker 3: Make this possible?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: I'm under I had to read this so I didn't forget anybody.
Speaker 4: Bank, First Stride Bank, Chowan Cohen, Gateway Bank, our Vest, Matt Spence Insurance, Spears Travel, Schwegman Insurance, Truity, Jim Moore with State Farm. Of course, the very one and only Bartlesviell Radio, So thank you very much, The Potter Family, Walmart, Moxie's, Honey's Flowers, Sal's Daylight Donuts, Barbara and John Cain, Jane Phillips Society, Melinda Mallett, Price Connors, kelliher architects, Cassie and Schafer, Kimball, the print Shop, the Lions Foundation, Ambler's architect and then we have a few anonymous that would like to remain silent.
Speaker 3: But we think those corporate sponsors as well. Gosh, I'm losing my voice.
Speaker 4: And then also going back to John Nettles with Rivo Financial, the Chapman Foundation also helps us every year. And we are just so grateful to all of our corporate sponsors and foundations.
Speaker 2: By tea what they make it happen, don't they?
Speaker 3: They do, they do.
Speaker 4: So if you want to be a corporate sponsor, please go onto our website again Okaya music dot org.
Speaker 3: There's still some time to do that.
Speaker 4: If you want to have a corporate event out there, you can get a table for your you know, associates, or if you want to take clients out there.
Speaker 3: It's a good opportunity. So we welcome and invite everyone.
Speaker 2: All right, they have to do just call the office, walk in, talkt to.
Speaker 3: Rose right, yes, six nine nine zero zero.
Speaker 2: Wow, you guys got an all tied up here? Pretty dark?
Speaker 4: Kight?
Speaker 2: Nice? I like that. It is going to be a.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is a street party, but it's family fantastic. It's very family friendly. It is the family Octoberfest in Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: You know, it's grown so much.
Speaker 1: Yes, it'll almost doubled the you know, at least a one and a half time size and double every year.
Speaker 3: It seems to get bigger.
Speaker 4: So weather knock on wood permitting, we expect a good crowd.
Speaker 2: Well, you'll get one. You want to know why, because everybody likes.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: You guys provide wonderful educational programs outing for the week of the festival, but also going into the schools and everything else, and the scholarships that is provided through OKAM. I mean you're there for the community, communities, there for there for you. So I think this is probably a marriage maid in Bartlesville.
Speaker 3: Well, we appreciate everyone's support.
Speaker 1: All righty, well, I want to thank you very much, and once again, folks, if you will go to their website that is.
Speaker 2: Ok M dot dot org dot org. I'm so hung up on the organ for that's the music. How how dare me? That's all right, take care and thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Pat will slowly change over the next day or two and bring slightly warmer weather back through southern Kansas.