Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray WBZ costin some news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll welcome back. We have just completed our first hour of the night. We have three hours left to go. It's about nine eight, nine oh seven, I should say, and we look forward to your participation. We going to start off with the I think biggest local news story of the day. We will get to the inaugural. I was off Monday and Tuesday night. I had a chance to watch a good amount of it while I was away for a few days, and so I do have some thoughts on that. But I want to talk tonight about the potential Boston mayors race. Now, there are several news media outlets, all of which are reporting in some form of fashion that coording here for the Boston Globe that Josh Kraft plans to jump into Boston Mayor's race. Source to say the sub headline of a piece by Emma plot Off, plat Off and Nikki Griswold is the Craft desiring February for a formal announcement, said people with knowledge of his plans. I did speak with someone today who has who told me they have been in contact with Josh Kraft directly and that he's as of now inclined to jump in, and that he will he will jump in, but he's not a candidate yet, so I think we need to make that very clear. He's not confirmed. To the best of my knowledge, I can't see that anyone has been able to reach him. But he by way of background, he's fifty seven years of age, so he's a little older than he come at Mayor Michelle wou For the last twelve years or so, he has been involved quite heavily with the Boys and Girls Club of Boston. He's described by The Globe as a longtime nonprofit leader and the younger son a billionaire in New England, Patriots owner Robert Craft, and the Globe story says he's decided to challenge Michelle Woop. There's been a lot of talk about him jumping in to the race. It's always difficult to beat an incumbent mayor, particularly in Boston. That hasn't happened since nineteen forty nine. So we're talking about what seventy five years ago or now seventy six years ago, so quite a number of elections, I mean, in our lifetimes. Most of us remember Kevin White being elected in the nineteen sixties and being re elected in nineteen seventy one, seventy five, and seventy nine, then choosing not to run in nineteen eighty three, at which point ray Flynn and a bunch of city others ran for the office, and ray Flynn eventually beat mel King in a race that was could have been a tough race for Boston, particularly in the years closely following school busing from the nineteen seventies. Ray Flynn remained until he was appointed US Ambassador to the Vatican by then President Bill Clinton, and upstepped a Boston City council named Tominino served as mayor for twenty years. He was succeeded in twenty thirteen by Marty Walsh, who stayed for two elections. In twenty thirteen he won, and then again in twenty seventeen, and then in twenty twenty one he decided to move on. He's now the head of the NHL Players Association and very happy. I suspected that job probably pays much more than does to be mayor of Boston. We had an interim mayor and then Mayor Wu was elected in twenty twenty one, and she is now in her fourth year, just having given birth to her third child. Like most incumbents, she has the advantage of the incumbency. But as a mayor in San Francisco, who Josh Craft might draw some solace from a woman mayor by the name of London Breed who was defeated by the new mayor out there by the name of Daniel Lurie. He is the heir to the Levi Strauss family fortune. In terms of mayor wu she certainly has pleased many people by spending one hundred and twenty one million dollars on the installation of bike lanes. She's also displeased a lot of people with that. She has been in fights with restaurant owners in the North End. She's supported the demolition of White Stadium, which there are some in the in the Roxbury, the Bluehill Avenue community, you know, and that is the Bluehill Avenue with White Stadium. They're not happy about that because it's considered White Stadium is considered sort of something for the school athletes, scholar athletes in the Boston public schools. And now we'll have a its primary tenant will be a women's professional soccer team. But that has caused some controversy as a matter of fact, as watching the news tonight and I guess right now groups are poised to raise are a ze, raise White Stadium. A lot of memories there. Of course, Mayor Wu has also been the bearer of bad news by having to send out property taxes for this coming fiscal year twenty twenty fifth scool year twenty twenty six, after having petitioned Beacon Hill to give her some flexibility in adjusting the property tax balance between commercial and residential real estate, and that has did not go well on Beacon Hill for a mayor of Boston, which was somewhat of a surprise. We had Nick Collins on the other night. So I don't know much about Josh Kraft. Everyone that I have spoken to who knows him, and I have spoken to a number of people in the last in the last couple of days speak well, the last day, I should say to be to be actually thoroughly accurate, spokes speaks very highly of him. And someone who has deep roots in the philanthropic community here in Boston and has obviously the ability to probably raise money and also spend some of his own money. I think that was one of the factors that the City councilor Ed Flynn took into consideration when he decided a little over a week ago that it was not in the cards for him to run for mayor against Michelle Woo, although he's been a critic of the mayor, so I think it might present a very interesting race. I don't think that Michelle Wu has certainly convinced me that her long term political aspirations end at Boston City Hall. I think all of us who knew Mayor Menino when he served as mayor realized that that was a job that he truly loved and that he was totally content to serve as Mayor of Boston as he did for twenty years. He did not aspire to the Senate. He did not aspire to going to Congress. And I think that, in my opinion, and I haven't talked to Mayor Wu in a couple of years, that she is eyeing the Senate seats of either whoever decides to leave first Senator Warren or Senator Market. Now that's speculation on my part, but I do believe that she fashions herself much more as someone who will be onto what's called considered a higher office. I don't know that that will work well for her. I don't know. If you share that point of view, you may feel that she's mayor for life. She just turned forty years of age. Tom Minino came to the office at a later point in his life, but it was very clear from the beginning that Tom Monino really loved Boston and loved the job of being mayor. And I don't care. I think he could have been elected for a long time if his health had not cut his time short. But he served twenty years Mayor Kevin White ser of sixteen years. So that's my thoughts. But I want to hear from you, if you live in Boston. I love to know. Do you welcome a race. Look, we've had years. Tom Menino had a couple of elections when he didn't really have They'd always be an opponent, but not a serious opponent. I think, josht if the election were held today, someone said to me, someone who has knowledge, probably more knowledge than I have, or maybe more insight than I have, said to me that if the election were held today, probably Mayor will would prevail. But elections are not held in January except when they have a special election to fill the seat of Ted Kennedy back in twenty ten. But elections are not held in January. They're held in the fall. And Josh if he has the funding, if he has the support of members of the business community, if he has support of those who are attracted to someone who is philanthropic and who has spent a lot of time in positions and posts. He could have been in a much more glamorous post associated with the New England Patriots, of which his dad owns the team, but he chose to work at the Boys and Girls Club as the executive director, and even today, Adrian Walker in The Boston Herald, who I think has a pretty good pulse of the city of Boston, characterized him as a long time do gooder. I think that's a compliment. I do believe that it's a compliment, and Walker writes apparently he meaning Craft, had decided that there's enough discontent with WU to make an opponent viable, but he spent He said. Craft has never run for any office before, but he spent twelve years running the Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston and built a significant fan base, particularly in low income neighborhoods and communities of color. He's an engaging president and rooms in which right rich white men are uncommon. Add to that his family's name, recognition and money, and you have the beginnings of a credible insurgent campaign. So I'd love to know what you think. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, six one seven, nine three one, ten thirty and triple eight nine to nine, ten thirty. My name is Dan Ray. This is Nightside, and we're talking about a potential a real mayor's race, which is always good for for a city to have a real mayor's race here in Boston this year of twenty twenty five. Coming back on Nightside right after this break.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray line from the Window World night Side, Steos on WBZ the news.
Speaker 2: Radio, Mala, let's talk about Josh Craft. I mean, look there, we have had people step forward and run for public office the first time at a pretty high level, and it looks like Josh Kraft is going to do it. So let's see, let's see what you think. Let me go first to Paul in Boston. Paul, welcome, you are first this hour on Nightside. Go right ahead, Paul, Hi, good eating.
Speaker 3: I would like to see Jonathan Kraft or somebody else get in the race and hopefully they could defeat her. She's a very nice person, but I don't think she's doing a very good job. And that's reflective on the conditions of the schools. They're closing schools in Boston and the enrollments way down. They tell me the kids, don't it They arrived at school several hours after school stats because of the transportation problems. And that's all directly, you know, under her watch. But another thing I wanted to ask you when it's I hope you don't mind she appeared on your show only once. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: That is well as mayor correct? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: And is it true she got a little offended. You always treat your guests with respect, There's no question about it. You insist upon that, and you always demand respect for your guest. But I guess she didn't like some of a questioning. Some of the questions were direct and they required direct answers, and I guess she got a little offended by that. Am I correct?
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't say so. What happened was one of the high profile Boston police officers at that time. There was a lot of controversy over protests outside of mayor Who's home in roslyn Dale, and it became kind of personal. So she came on the show. This would have been April, I'm guessing of twenty twenty three, and one of the Boston police officers, a woman sergeant whose name I know but I'm not going to tell me now, Yeah, that's what it was. It was a sergeant Catone called in and she was very respectful. She said, you know, good evening to the mayor, and they exchanged pleasantries and she asked a question and Mayor Wu responded really very well to the question. I thought she had the better of the Mayor had the better of the exchange. And it was about a two minute conversation, not particularly long. And the next day her press secretary called me and was offended. How could I let this police officer talked on the air to talk to the mayor? And I thought that this so called media person probably didn't understand how it works. So I explained that, I said, well, let me tell you how it works. We have a guest and we invite callers to join us. We give out the phone number and when callers get you know, get through on the line as this person did. We basically take them as they come in and and I just thought it was absolute arrogance of this press flack to call an even question that, and to suggest that somehow I would keep a caller off the air who treated the mayor politely, by the way, who was very respectful. I just thought that was so unprofessional. And I was convinced that I was going to hear back from Mayor Willwood some point say gee, my press person is young and they're enthusiastic, and I apologize. They never should have made a call like that. It was just totally unprofessional. Never heard back from her. So I've mentioned that story a couple of times in the year, and my attitude is that that she must agree. I assume the mayor must agree with her press flack, and in that case then there's probably no reason to have her back on because although we had a very pleasant hour, it must have upset her for her plus fresh flag to be so upset. So anyway, that's that's that's the truth, that is the true story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think the mayor reacts well under pressure direct questioning, as I say, the schools.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean it could be that as time goes on, things have, I mean things have have I think turned in a negative way. I think that the mass and casting still is a is a bit of a problem or a substantial problem. I think that the schools which you highlighted White Stadium obviously has not gone as smoothly as she would have liked. The bike lanes, I've been a critic of bike lanes since before Mayor Wu became mayor has got nothing to do with Mayor Wu except she's now spent one hundred and twenty one million dollars on bike lanes. But no, I've had a I mean, Mayor Menina was always on the show. Mayor Walsh was on the show a bit. Ray Flynn had been on the show quite a bit, and I was hoping to be able to continue that with Mayor Wu. She and I have at least one very close mutual friend, and I've explained that to the mutual friends. So again it's look, she doesn't need me to run for reelection, and I can cover the reelection with or without her as a guest. And again it's her choice. She's welcome here, She's welcome to come on any night. I don't hold grudges against people, but certainly I think that her press person was very unprofessional and it almost it's so I was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are very displeased about the reconstruction out the West rox Precenter. Also that's under her watch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well that's one that I think is a total disaster. And I think that that she basically has allowed the city streets of the czar of the city streets to run wild. And I know that just talking to because I I I actually go to a lot of the stores on Center Street in West Roxbury. I don't think any of the store owners that I've run into and talked with are particularly happy, and I don't think many of the residents are either. Paul. I got to run here because I but I I if you asked that question, I wanted to answer it. Okay, good talking to you, Dan, but great, good talking with you. We'll take a quick break here news at the bottom of the hour a minute or so late, be right back. I like to join us one line at six one seven, two five, four ten thirty one at six one, seven, nine thirty back on night Side.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Now Josh Kraft, I just checking it out. Doesn't have a huge presence on social media. Uh, he's there, but doesn't have huge followings. And I don't know. I would think that he's got some work to do. I'm to the best of my knowledge, I believe I met him once at a Boys and Girls Club's event I believe was over in Chelsea, but that was many years ago. And he's not someone who I'm especially close to. But from everyone who I know and who I respect, they say that he's done great work in Boston, including Adrian Walker in the Boston Globe today. Was it today? Yes, it's Today's Boston Globe. Yeah, Wednesday a challenge from Craft which again a pretty positive piece by Adrian Walker. Let me go next to Whole's Julius and Newton. Julius, you were next on Nightside. Welcome. How are you, sir?
Speaker 5: Hi Dan?
Speaker 6: How you doing tonight?
Speaker 2: Doing just great? We're talking about a potential challenge by Josh Graft to mayor Woop.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to mention at the beginning of the show, you mentioned that he was the former CEO of the Boys and Girls Club to Boston but prior to that, he was a club director in Charlestown, so he was very hands on. He was you know, he's not just someone who sat in you know, the corporate headquarters looking down you know, at the different clubs. He's actually experienced and work with kids and been you know, really part of the community there. I just wanted to share that with you.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you this. It sounds to me like, are you a friend of his or do you know him pretty well?
Speaker 6: I don't know him that well. I sit on a board for the Boys and Girls Club Advisory Board in Dorchester and Blue Hills and I met him through there, and when I first came on, I've been on it over twenty years. He was at the Charlestown Club as the director and then later on became the director.
Speaker 2: So you're saying as a director, as the director, you're doing the day to day, hands on operation of the club.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, that's with all the staff and all the kids would know him, and you know, he's the type of guy you know who would have you know, get on the ground and be with him, you know, not just you know, walking around with a clipboard so to speak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thing that strikes me interesting about this is that he easily, you know, could have associated himself with the New England Patriots. And I know that you know his brother Jonathan. It's always there with the patriarch of the family bomb Craft, you know, watching the football games. And he could have, I'm sure, had a role within the Patriots organization, but he in turn decided to work I guess what I would call the philanthropic sector, which is something that is a feather in his hat in my opinion. But hey, we'll we'll see. I hope to have him on the show at some point. Never had him on the program as a guest. I can guarantee you that. And if he get on, he would be treated fairly, just like Mayor Wu was treated fairly, and I would ask tough questions and callers would have a chance to call, and that have to take phone calls. You know, we don't let people know public office come on and not take phone calls. So he's more than welcome to come on any nine of his choosing, before or after his announcement, assuming that the announcement occurs as scheduled in early February. And again, I always like to not throw cold water on it. But say, hey, when someone says yes, I am a candidate, then they're a candidate. When there are press leaks or media leaks that say he intends to well, people sometimes have been known to back away from that at the last moment. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I definitely see what happened. But I also want to echo I think with Stevenpior to me, you always treat your guest fair and you're always protective of your guests in the sense of if someone goes down a rabbit hole that you feel they'd be in distressed, well you'll shut them down, which is great because they gets a tough question, but they're treated fairly well.
Speaker 2: The reason the reason I do that, by the way, the reason I do that is I want guests on this program UH to be willing to come back. One of the things that I that I've always felt was important about the program was that you know, if Tom Menino would take phone calls, and you know, Marty Wallash would take phone calls, and of course you know different you know Democratic candidates there there are Republicans and Democrats, mostly Democrats. You know, Laurie Trahan comes on Seth Seth Moulten, was that, except, Yeah, Elizabeth Warren has never been on the show. The only shows that she's that she goes on our shows. Who are going to protect her? She's she's she's considered herself to be a national figure from the moment she arrived here. Okay, uh, And so I gave up long ago. We will always do the courtesy of saying we're going to do a story that's critical. If she likes to come up, we know what the answer is going to be. But you have had you know, Richie Neil, the the the chair of the you know, uh well, he was the chair of the uh the Ways it means committee when the Democrats are in power of Jim McGovern, Jake Uchincloss, Steve Lynch has been on many, many times, many times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I'll tell you one of the most impressive political guests that I think you had was Seth Moulten.
Speaker 7: Great because.
Speaker 6: He seeks so well and he really can be in the middle. I think, you know, people on both sides can be comfortable with them.
Speaker 2: Predictable Elizabeth, Yeah, I mean Elizabeth Warren is simply predictable. Tell me the issue and I'll tell you where she stands. It's as simple as that. But Moulton. Moulton's very thoughtful, very smart guy, and you know, you always have to honor the military service that that he provided. He had. There was no draft, no requirement for him to be in the military. But anyway, look, Julius, appreciate you, Carl, thank you very much for some insight on on seth Molten. I'm looking for all sorts of perspectives that we might have here, and I think he's someone who most people are going to think very highly of. Thanks Julius.
Speaker 7: Oh, I take care.
Speaker 2: Talk to you soon. Oh, let me keep rolling here. Let me go to Joe and belmont Real quickly. Joe, you're next on Nightside. Go right ahead, Joe Dan.
Speaker 4: I'm predicting that God is gonna punish our country in Mayo Wou because of the abuse on abortion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Joe, you and I I know you like to make those those sort of statements, but we kind of disagree. I don't know that I think God's got a lot to worry about. I don't think he's worried about the mayor's race in Boston.
Speaker 4: I don't think I don't think. I don't think God has a lot to be worried about. He's got surprise creator, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, But he has a lot. I mean, he's got eight billion people here on the Earth, and he's war in the Middle East. He's got war in the Ukraine going on, and I'm sure that he's concerned about that. But I don't know that he's interested in, you know, the City of Boston mayor's race. But hey, you might be right.
Speaker 4: And if you you know, abortion is abomination to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again, you know what'll I don't think abortion is going to be a big issue in the mayor's Okay, I know that, and I understand what you're saying, and I like to be respectful, Joe, But again, I think we're dealing in the area here that is a little bit different from what I'm talking about. So when next time you call back, we'll talk longer. But I appreciate you call nonetheless, Thanks, Joe, appreciate it. Will take a break if you like to join me, feel free six seven, two, five, four ten thirty, six one seven, nine, ten thirty. I got Frank and Boston coming up. On the other side, I got some open lines here we will get to this guyon of President Trump his executive orders, uh, some of which I think we're long overdue, some of which I think were a little bit uh questionable at least one. And I'll talk about that, uh and we'll we'll continue with our conversation as I say, six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. If you'd like to share a perspective about Josh Kraft, who apparently is about ready to announce for mayor and we will have a mayor's race when that happens. If that happens here in Boston, feel free to join the conversation. I also have a line open at six one, seven, nine three, one ten thirty. Back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, we had we have had some interesting comments, particularly from Julius, about Josh Kraft's career here. As I say, I did not reach out to Josh Craft today, but if those of you in the audience know him or know of his work, we have a few minutes left here in the meantime, Oh I gotta do is give us a call at six one, seven, four, ten thirty. In the meantime, I'll go to Frank in Boston. Frank, you are next on nightside.
Speaker 8: Welcome, Yes, sir, I think another rich guy running for office? Think so okay, yeah, I seemed that you like those rich guys.
Speaker 2: Did you read Adrian called him this morning, Benny Chance? Frank?
Speaker 7: No, I did not. But I know one thing.
Speaker 2: You know who Adrian Walker is. If I'm not mistaken, correct.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes, right right? Doesn't him? Doesn't give him carte blanche?
Speaker 2: Who said?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 2: Who said? Game? You're you know you're you're making comments about do you know do you know Josh Kraft pretty well? Know where did he lived in the North end of Boston?
Speaker 7: Thank goodness? Thank goodness, because I was going to say, because I.
Speaker 5: Mean this city, if you get a chance, Frank.
Speaker 7: As has not.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm trying to be positive too, because.
Speaker 1: I mean, he.
Speaker 5: It's true, he is putting his foot in as into something that's into into something.
Speaker 7: That's I needed. We don't need him the mayor.
Speaker 2: You can ask you a couple of I mean crime crime before and I know and I know you're where you're coming from. Can I ask you a couple of questions. If you don't mind, okay, you.
Speaker 7: Love that, that's.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I got a question. I got a question. How do you feel about what's going on at White Stadium. You're from the city. I know that we've talked before. Do you think the mayor is doing the right thing on on the White Stadium in Franklin Park.
Speaker 7: I think she's going to spend too much money.
Speaker 5: But but one thing I do think is that whole area needs to be rezoned and that they need to take out White They didn't need to take out the zoo and maybe move it to uh, what's that other place that there's a zoo here?
Speaker 2: This this the New England's zoo. New England is in Franklin Park, as you know, and also in Stoneham. I think I think you're gonna disagree with you.
Speaker 5: I think that all that together and move it out some place. Yeah, it's amazing, but they need to move it out to outside the city, outside all this congestion, all this smog, and take all that land and turn it into housing and businesses. I mean, have you been to the Franklin zoos is the most trip I've gone through.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, I think it's I think it's if I can express my opinion, I think it's a great zoo. I think it's a great asset to the city of Boston. And anyway, Frank, I gotta keep it on you guys, got a bunch of other callers. I appreciate you weighing in on it.
Speaker 5: She she's done a good job, and I think Craft is out of place.
Speaker 7: He's he should stay like.
Speaker 2: Young, he should stay with the boys and girls clubs in your.
Speaker 5: Opinion, right, but he hasn't done nothing.
Speaker 2: You know what do me? Favorite read Adriane Walker's piece in the Globe today. I think I think you'll open your mind up. Impossible, You'll open your mind up a little bit to be honest.
Speaker 5: About a good man.
Speaker 3: That was a good man, but.
Speaker 2: In terms of who he is. But what he's done you said, he's he hasn't done something. Go read Adrian Walker's piece and and we can talk next week. Fair enough?
Speaker 5: Well, what how how how is mayer Wu really made herself less of less of a quality candidate? I mean to the legislature who took away the deal from that business group.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Frank, I'm not here to debate the mayor Wu. I'm not even here to debate Joshkraft with you. You had your opportunity to say what you want to say about him. You obviously are not a fan of Joshkraft. I would suggest to you you may get a little bit of balance if you read Adrian Walker's piece in the Globe today. Appreciate it, Frank, thank you much. Let me go to Joyce kill Haywick. Hi, Joyce, how are you?
Speaker 9: Hey, Danny, Happy New Year, Happy New.
Speaker 4: Year to you.
Speaker 2: We can still say this, Joyce, because it's still January. How are you?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, I say it all the time. I'm fine. I just came from a production of Peter Pan in town. It was press night at the Opera House, and so yeah, I was. I flipped on the BZ radio. Of course, heard your show, and I'm a big fan of Mayor Woo's. But my question really has to do with and I because I tuned in in the middle. I don't know if you've been talking about this yet, but obviously via inaugurations on everybody's mind and those executive orders that Trump signed, and I was curious to know where you stand on the blanket pardons for everybody, including the people who attacked and injured police officers that day, and so will I will give you.
Speaker 2: I will give you a preview of my ten o'clock hour. I think that it was absolutely wrong. I think that if you want to look at those fifteen hundred people and say some of them were there and in the excitement of the moment, they may be walked in through a door where they shouldn't have been. I don't think a person like that should be prosecuted. But someone who attacked a police officer, someone who broke windows, smashed doors, and beyond the head of the Proud Boys and some of these weirdo groups and organizations, why you would paint with such a broad brush. And as a matter of fact, I previewed it today. I said, the the president's executive orders, I said the good, the bad, and the questionable, and that was some very, very questionable. And by the way, his own vice president a week ago said the violent offenders of January sixth should not be should not be pardoned or have the sentence commuted as as.
Speaker 5: I will say after that, And I think you know any sane.
Speaker 9: Person who believes in law and order, who backs the blue, et cetera, et cetera, have to feel dis way. I think it's just an awful thing that was done. And I sweet, you know, painting with that broadbrush was just the wrong move here. But I thought it was very funny to watch reporters questioning some of those Republican senators and one of them said, I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: I saw that, and again they had the backbone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, very few people had the nerve to actually take a stand. And and I thought that was very revealing. It really separates the men from the boys when it comes to one's principles and the kind of president.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm very well, I think I.
Speaker 2: Don't think it's that you know, well, we're going to do that right after ten o'clock. But I got to tell you this, Joyce, I don't think it's that hard to take the position because you know, I have police officers in my family, have had police officers.
Speaker 1: You know what I.
Speaker 9: Achieve the police in different different.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and and and when people you know, it's look, there are people who get stopped a drunk driving and the police officers, you know, says get out of the car, and the person's half in the bag and they stumble and they bump into the police officer. Well, technically that's an assault in the police officer. However, this is entirely different. This is people home who struck police officers with baseball bats. Yeah, we'll get into that after the ten oclog News. Joyce, I don't think I will disappoint you tonight.
Speaker 9: I'm very very interesting. Thank you Danny for.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you for calling. Thanks Joyce, Doc, Thanks good night. Let me get one more in here. I got John in Dorchester. John, I'm going to give you about a minute if you can do something with it on Josh krafta mayor. Go ahead, John, is John there? Well I guess he isn't. So in that case, John, you can try him one more time and if he's not, We're just We're going to move on to the ten o'clock news and I can preview. I'll preview what is coming up after the ten We are going to talk about the inauguration, going to talk about the inauguration speech, going to talk about the executive orders which are still continuing from President Trump, and Joyce sort of anticipated what I'm going to talk about. But one of the orders that I disagree with is this blanket pardon? I think it was an absolute mistake. I think disgraceful to be to put it in in clear language. I will expand on that right after the ten o'clock news. Is Dan Rey on night side six one seven, two, five four, ten thirty If you want to jump on early six one seven, two five four ten thirty or six one seven nine three one ten thirty. We'll be talking about this right after the ten o'clock news. Get for Get in line,