Speaker 1: Mac as I continue to advance an age as one does, right right, I've I've acquired certain tastes like I really enjoy lemon. Now I've spoken on the podcast about now loving cucumbers after being indifferent on them for so many numbers years cucumbers. Now have I morphed into a person that prefers the fall over the summer?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I think this is just your late to the party here, I and this is maybe a very new England thing. I would say a majority, maybe seventy to eighty percent of the people I know prefer fall over summer.
Speaker 1: Hey, over to ax. We just put over the pall. Tell us what's your favorite season? What's your favorite season? This is a seasonal podcast. Now.
Speaker 3: Now, don't get me wrong, I love golfing. It's my favorite thing in the world to do.
Speaker 1: You can golf in the fall, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty much my only hobby. And summer is you know, golf season. However, after like three or four weeks of ninety degrees in humidity as we got, and in a lot of July hasn't been as hot in August, I'm kind of over it. Whereas in the fall or a crisp summer morning. I love it to be like sixty eight to seventy two. You know, I can wear shorts in a pullover or you know, pants in a long tea. I like that that that window right there, and you don't get it in summer, you get it in fall.
Speaker 1: I do like how we are morphing. Our podcast is also growing as we get older, into two white guys talking about the weather.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny, is I think it is like an old guy thing. But I very in tune with the weather because also like my job sometimes it's very affected by the weather, Like if it's going to be a real scare, it's like, if there's gonna be thunderstorms, I'm gonna be dealing with wires down a car accident. So I'm like, I look at the weather more often than most.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I because I do the Free Friday Flame WBZ. We still have three more. Come on out, guys, let's see some people at these free Friday flex We have Barbie next week, we have Ghostbusters Frozen Empire after that. But I'm constantly shot up. I am constantly looking at the weather and keeping track of the weather. And I think it was the humidity of July that really broke me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a brutal months, that's for sure. And this is I don't know what I would before because last summer there was so much rain that it almost like ruined the summer, like every weekend at rain extensively. By the way, speaking of weather and that most recent ghost, let's just.
Speaker 1: Talk about weather. I'm really into this. Now. Let's stop with the movie crap.
Speaker 3: Frozen Empire is on Netflix, and I'll tell you what. I tried to watch it, and about forty minutes in I wish I had died via freezing to death like those people.
Speaker 1: I think I mentioned this on the podcast. We didn't do a full episode on it. Maybe we'll add it to one of your or not one of your, but one of our What have you been watching lately? But I made the point of saying the entire movie should have been like the first ten minutes, just ride the ecdo one around New York and catch ghosts. It's that simple.
Speaker 3: Admittedly, the first like twenty thirty minutes, I was like, oh, this isn't as bad as I thought.
Speaker 2: It was gonna be, and then it immediately got back.
Speaker 1: How do you find a way to make Paul Rudd so Blandy.
Speaker 3: The first twenty thirty minutes were solid, and then it just kept going down and down.
Speaker 1: And I have watched the first ten minutes of that movie a hundred times. My son loves that scene. We watch it over and over again, and I'm like, this is good ghostbusting fun.
Speaker 2: Swashbuckling fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't swashbuckle when you catch ghosts. You don't no spooky like you do spook buckle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like what I just did there. Let's edit that out. Go back, guys, what do you think you do when you catch ghosts?
Speaker 2: I feel like swashbuckling fits.
Speaker 1: You can't swashbuckle in the Ghostbusters.
Speaker 2: Also, I do opportunities swashbuckle anymore.
Speaker 1: By the way, I am just pushing off talking about the Acolyte as much as possible. I do. Like how in that Saturday Night trailer that just came out, we'll have it in our news dump at the top of next week. But the announcer there, Don Pardo, the guy playing Don Pardo. This is a movie about the first episode of Saturday Night Live in nineteen seventy five, and Don Pardo could not pronounce akroid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's an oddly spelled name.
Speaker 1: Yes. I also asked my mother, I said, why did people find Dan Akroyd funny? And she didn't have an answer for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could ask that, honestly about half of that original cast, although comedy was in a different place then.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But though it's like Chevy Chase and Dan Ackroyd are just obtuse, and I think that worked in nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 1: I think Chase still works. It was. I think a lot of what Chase did after SNL is still funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that's true.
Speaker 3: That's more true than with Akroyd, But he's a gigantic dickhead, and it really ruined.
Speaker 1: Not acroy achoroid by all seems like a very nice.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Chase. Yeah, I'm talking about Chase now.
Speaker 3: It really like when I look back on stuff, you're like, man, he really is a fucking asshole.
Speaker 1: Huh Oh. I've heard stories of the set of Caddy Shack where if you weren't one of like those main five or six people, Jevy Chase just treated you like garbage. We don't treat our producers like garbage, even though they keep on giving us these saying get to the Acolyte, and I'm saying, why why are we going to get to the acolyte? One?
Speaker 2: Good three?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Job three. King of Queen Marl Street.
Speaker 2: Entertained you and I am the Maccolyte.
Speaker 1: I just let you do that. I gave you a little bit of space, and I said, I hope he does this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 1: Ye are you here to kill me? All?
Speaker 2: You OpEd it?
Speaker 3: I fucking sent it home, Send it in Jerome. Today we're talking about Goo's favorite television show series of all time. Yes, The Acolyte, the latest live action Star Wars entry on Disney Plus currently streaming. This was a TV fourteen and Goo get this Action adventure, drama, fantasy, mystery, sci fi, and thriller. This ran eight episodes, ranging between twenty seven and thirty six minutes. It came out to about a thirty three minute average, with the exception of the finale that was forty two minutes. That total two hundred and sixty six minutes of content, or four hours and twenty six minutes of content. If that's easier for you to understand, Goo, your hand was raising.
Speaker 1: My hand was raised. I didn't want to interrupt you if you were going back through those genres, which, by the way, way too many genres. You obviously have it in alphabetical order, but if you were putting it in relevance of you know what. The show leaned on most mystery and maybe a little too much.
Speaker 3: It had a lot of promise to start with, and we'll get into that in a few minutes.
Speaker 2: I was hoping that it was going to be a great mystery thriller.
Speaker 3: Type thing, but the cat was out of the bag almost immediately this show, and I think this is why a lot of people aren't liking it, at least on the internet, at least pretending.
Speaker 2: Not like it is.
Speaker 3: It really set itself up to be a great mystery thriller story and then by the end, like it just didn't quite get None of.
Speaker 1: The mysteries really pay off. And yeah, none of them I don't think a lot of them add to the story, where like if you just told us at the beginning what this mystery was and just like let the characters develop with those as opposed to being like, oh, we'll tell you at the end of this episode and at the end of this episode, Like at the end of every episode, I think they had a cliffhanger. You don't need one every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I also think that the action in like sci fi in this show was some of the best that Star Wars is.
Speaker 2: It legit had some.
Speaker 1: Great Let me ask you this is, how do you prefer your lightsaber? Because in this we kind of saw two different versions. We saw kind of like the really bright glowstick version, but we also saw like the remember in what is the first movie with Ray I'm blanking Force Awakens? Force Awakens when Ray and Kylo Wren are lightsaber to lightsaber and you can hear the lightsaber sizzle. We got a bit of that in this. Do you prefer the sizzling saber or the super bright glow lightsaber?
Speaker 2: I actually like.
Speaker 3: When the different types are featured and not everyone has the same type. I like that there's because, like in if you just try to relate it to actual swords, there's fucking hundreds of types of swords, and so it would be dumb if everyone had the exact same sword, because you know, as someone who would fight with swords, you would always be looking for advantage.
Speaker 1: As someone who does fight with swords, always.
Speaker 3: Be looking for like an edge or a customization that you give you an advantage. Yeah, so I like different types being featured. We also saw a light whip for the first time in Live Accident here, which I thought was pretty cool as well.
Speaker 1: Were people upset about that? I didn't read about what people were upset about, because I know no people were.
Speaker 3: Upset about that, And I think the strength of the show was clearly that sort of stuff, and it definitely fell short elsewhere. But the dialogue online has gotten so extreme, and we have talked about this hundreds of times before. The Star Wars fandom is so toxic you can't even really you have to go into these shows with like a blank slate because I have liked stuff they haven't liked. I have hated stuff they've loved. And that's just really what Star Wars has become at this point. And I think, you know a little bit of a tease before this episode, you talked about maybe you don't like Star Wars, And to me, this show had a lot of the essence of Star Wars, and that's why my mind was blown that a lot of people did.
Speaker 2: Not like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it has to do a bit with just people's vitriol towards it, and like putting certain movies on pedestals and everything else sucks even before seeing it. And then also I will say that these Disney show, these Disney series, outside of the Mandalorian stuff, they all just feel so Samesies to me, and they all feel bland and to the point of like, just make some movies again, put some effort into making movies.
Speaker 3: That's a good segue, right there, guz so on Roddy Cheese, this show has eighty percent from the critics, eighteen percent from the audience.
Speaker 2: On Metacritic, this has a sixty seven.
Speaker 3: In general, the critics have liked all of these Star Wars shows except for basically Boba Fett.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you heavy air, and not to jump ahead of you, but like the Mandalorian season three audience fifty percent, Boba fet audience forty nine percent, Obi Won sixty one percent, it's the same as those shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I liked it better than all of those, and I could.
Speaker 1: See that, but like, also I could see that maybe someone likes those a little bit more than this, Like there's no huge difference from what we've gotten in those in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that has.
Speaker 3: Been an issue with this these live action Star Wars shows, for sure, but also it is a bit of an issue with the fandom too of like expectations and wanting to see this, wanting to see.
Speaker 1: That, and also not stepping on what had been done in the past and going against Cannon or perceived Cannon.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I.
Speaker 3: Liked this show so much, and liked it, or at least started off higher going in because this show is set roughly one hundred years before anything we've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Before, like before dinosaurs too right, and like.
Speaker 3: Clearly they were going to make connections, but I liked it was almost refreshing to have new characters not tied to any expectations.
Speaker 1: I think one of the issues that they actually had was shoehorning in characters that we know, not to spoil anything, not to say any of the characters' names, but like pushing in a couple of characters be like, hey, you know that guy right.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I also felt like the couple they alluded to and may or may not have shown it was fine the way they did it. You know, they weren't really a part of the show, but they were questions of who was lingering. But again, like the critics have generally liked all these shows, this was on the lower end, but they have They've all been roughly in the same tier. Minus season two of Mando, they have that a bit above. Obviously, you know, we haven't watched and Or. The folks give that a big thumbs up. And listen, if you say that's the best Star Wars show, fine, I'm not gonna fight your.
Speaker 1: After seeing this, I now really want to watch and Or, because I've been told by a million people, by the way, I'm three episodes in, I'll get to it, but that it's so much different than all of these, and maybe that's what I need. I need something different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, maybe that's that's the case. So yeah, to talk about the other live action show. So we've had The Mandalorian, the Book of Boba, fett Obi Wan Kenobi, and Or and Ahsoka. The most recent one, of course was Ahsoka. You and I I like that a bit more than you, but we generally really enjoyed that. You obviously had a hard time connecting to him because you hadn't watched some of the animated stuff.
Speaker 2: That was sort of a prerequisite.
Speaker 3: But the Mandalorian season one ninety three percent, ninety two percent, seventy on Metacritic. People really enjoyed that. I honestly didn't care for it. A couple really strong episodes I gave that. I think originally like twenty six hot dogs. It went down to like twenty four to twenty five barely floats. Which season season one of what Mandalorian?
Speaker 1: You gave it? How many hot dogs?
Speaker 2: Originally I gave it twenty six. I believe Tory.
Speaker 1: I think you gave it like twenty eight or thirty.
Speaker 2: I didn't care for it.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Gave it thirty three. You enjoyed it quite a bit.
Speaker 3: And again, this has been my issue with the Mandalorian is there'll be two great episodes, but in between there's three or four bullshit episodes. And it's been that way for three seasons, and it really you really felt that in season three. Season two, other than the season of Ahsoka, I thought was the strongest live action things Star Wars has done. I gave it thirty four to thirty five. You were in the thirty six thirty seven range. Season three, I gave twenty four. You gave twenty nine that you didn't care for that. Boba Fet I gave twenty one, you gave twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Did I give twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I did for the You want to know why I really liked the Mandalorian episodes of those seasons of that season, Yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: That's the only reason why that wasn't like a ten for me was because of the Mandalorian influence. Obi Won just fell so flat sixteen for me, twenty from you, and that was literally just carried by two Darth Vader scenes. That show fucking sucked. That to me, that was worse than Boba fet because the little Leo just ruined everything. And or of course we haven't seen Ahsoka. I gave thirty seven, you gave thirty three to thirty four. So with that context, like, it's really hard for me to see why people hated on this show so much, considering the other shows didn't get hate.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of dig and discourse about it.
Speaker 3: This show getting so much shape makes no sense because to me, it's like, like this season is clearly like the third best season they've done.
Speaker 2: You might have it fourth or fifth, like, but not at the bottom.
Speaker 1: I have it in the window of just like it's with everything else. And it's not the first two seasons of The Mandalorian sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same tire. It's just about everything else. So that's why it blows my mind. It's gotten so much shape. Next up live action, by the way, is the Skeleton Crew that's coming at the beginning of December.
Speaker 2: That'll be pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: This show was created by Leslie Hedlund, who has an extensive resume of directing a bunch of TV stuff. She was also one of the creators and writers of Russian Doll along with Natasha Leona and Amy Poehler. So that's like a universally loved show. So you know, I didn't think, sorry, I thought I was gonna sneeze.
Speaker 1: I didn't think you used your force powers to hold that sneeze in.
Speaker 2: I didn't think writing was a serious issue here.
Speaker 3: I thought like overarching stuff that she's probably not really in control of was a bit of an issue. And I also think the main actress was a little bit of an issue, which we'll get to in a few synopsis of this show, an investigation into a shocking crime spree pits a respected Jedi master against a dangerous warrior from his past. As more clues emerged. They traveled down a dark path where sinister forces reveal all is not what it seems. This show stars a Mandla that's right, Aia and d La Stenberg as Osha slash may On Asaya.
Speaker 1: That sounds like an issue that you would have say at a bar or a club, and the person's like, my name is Amandla and you're like Amanda, And this goes back and forth for roughly a half hour.
Speaker 2: I will say.
Speaker 3: About her, they asked her to do a lot, and I don't think she was really capable of conveying what they needed her too.
Speaker 2: She was fine.
Speaker 3: I just don't think she could convey the sinister or like mean parts well enough.
Speaker 2: It just didn't quite work.
Speaker 1: Call what she did poorly a violation.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're referring to. Ohsha ah, I hate you so much. I really don't like.
Speaker 1: She was on the top rung of a ladder. You can't do that. You gotta be on that second one.
Speaker 3: Lead Jung Jay is master soul. He was awesome and he also gw this is unbelievable. When he got this role, he did not speak English. He had four months to learn English before this show shot. So that's very impressive that he had that dedication and where I thought it'd even be able to do that.
Speaker 1: I both found his character to be interesting and then by the end boring.
Speaker 2: I could see that. I think he did a great job though, but I totally understand.
Speaker 1: Just tell the story.
Speaker 2: Many Jacinto as the Stranger aka Camie.
Speaker 1: She would sit on her hand.
Speaker 2: I thought he was.
Speaker 3: The best part of the show, and honestly, what hurt this show was not featuring him more. They he's the most fantastic moment of the season. He's front and center, and then he goes away essentially into the finale, and that was that was a bummer. One of the big players here is Rebecca Henderson as Vernic dea Rowe, who is sort of sol She's like one of the head Jedi. I guess I don't know what her what her title is, but and what is she She's very green there green.
Speaker 1: That's how you can tell who she is. She's the green one.
Speaker 2: Some other ones in here.
Speaker 3: We had Charlie Bennett as your fand are Daphne Keen as Jackie Lawn, Judas Suotamo as Master kel Naka. That was the Wookie Jedi Uh, we were very teased by that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Leah laarn Brady played young May and young Osha. Jody Turner Smith his mother Anasaya. She did a great job in her three or four episodes. Dean Charles Chapman as Torbin. This was the meditating homie that was involved in the whole thing. Carrie Ann Moss's master in Dara, and Margarita Leviev was mother Coral, the other half of Anasea.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: In general, there it was an up and down ride with with the acting. But I also feel like Star Wars get so campy that sometimes it's intentional.
Speaker 1: I think we've also realized that it's not the children's faults that they're always so bad in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that you just need really good actors for this very poor dialogue for it to you know, come across. When you give it to a child, that's when it just sounds really bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it was tough to double down on like the origin of everything with the second flashback episode here leaning so heavily on the children when clearly they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Be part I'm so sick of flashbacks. Just tell a linear story.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: No Star Wars is so bad with flashbacks.
Speaker 2: I I there's a line they crossed it. They had too much of it.
Speaker 3: But also that was the whole premise of this show, right, was jumping back to that flash back of figuring out what truly happened. So I guess that's that's your issue with it in general. But again, this was set roughly one hundred years before a New Hope and introduces us to an entirely new cast of characters. Like that alone made it pretty interesting to me instead of having it fit into a specific spot, a specific two year window, and that part was refreshing. Essentially, the premise of this show, gu is that May is out to avenge the murder of her mother by a specific group of Jedi years ago that flashback. As the story starts unraveling, we learned that the Jedi present that day didn't exactly act in very Jedi like ways, And this is something I also really enjoyed the framing of the Jedi because it makes you question who the bad guys really were.
Speaker 1: I know that, so yes, But it's also something that we have now seen a million times. We get it. Jedi stink, no Jedi stink. We know Jedi alluded.
Speaker 3: To we haven't seen them doing things that we clearly had they had to do to get.
Speaker 2: To, like certain points of power or influence.
Speaker 3: So I was happy to finally see Star Wars Cannon throw the Jedi under.
Speaker 2: The bus a bit like that. That was nice to see.
Speaker 3: Again, take issue with what you want, but this show did stuff that no other shows have ever done, and I appreciated it for that. Now, it could have been better, don't get me wrong, but like on a week to week basis, in the middle it got a little boring.
Speaker 2: But I enjoyed this viewing.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't love it, but like there was certain things in there that like really kept it going. First of all, Camire, the villain in this whole thing, he was awesome. His look was awesome. His lightsaber was awesome with the little baby attachment to it, that was sweet.
Speaker 1: Oh Ryan Airy on screen Crush pointed out that because obviously this is very influenced by Japanese culture, Japanese film, everything else, that might have been a nod to they would have little knives to kill themselves if they were caught.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, all right, I don't mind that.
Speaker 3: His whole look was clearly like Samurai influenced too, with like sleeveless, you know, he just looked badass. And there's there's about a twenty minute fight scene in the middle of this season that was fucking phenomenal.
Speaker 1: And watch it on YouTube. It's really all you need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: The the I know you're not as familiar with this, like with the Knight Sisters of Dathamir that are very present in the Clone Wars. I liked that they introduced new force sensitive people force users here that weren't Jedi, a new coven of force.
Speaker 1: Wine, which I don't care about that. There was a lot of people that did though, even outside of the animated stuff. We've seen witches on these shows, haven't.
Speaker 2: We Yeah, we're definitely getting into that more. We saw them.
Speaker 1: Also, Jedis are wizards.
Speaker 3: Yeah again I I the universe is vast and the forces everywhere, so they should be you know, introducing different force users instead of just Jedi and Sith. So I enjoyed that aspect, and I also enjoyed, you know, one of those groups would be trying to do something like this to advance their themselves in the universe type of thing, so that I had no issue with that, but the Internet had a massive issue with that. And I but I also think a lot of people watching these shows haven't watched the Clone Wars.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this question, though, Mac, And this is really what hit me in that third episode, because I look at both of them as being terrible choices. Would you rather be a space witch or a Jedi?
Speaker 3: I want the lightsaber, so I'm gonna go Jedi. But it almost feels like Jedi are like they gotta be celibate, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, They have to stunt their emotions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the fact that, you know, non Jedi can use the Force.
Speaker 1: In whatever way I say, the Force is still there for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I guess I could have a lightsaber and not be a Jedi too.
Speaker 1: That's entirely pop space, which is love and they have sex.
Speaker 2: Good. Let's get into the octagon. What do we gotta here?
Speaker 1: A million of these? Did you even put them all in there? Who knows? We were in charge of this episode?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There you fun factor, and outside of a couple lightsaber battles, not enough.
Speaker 3: I would say episode one, episode five, and episode eight very fun.
Speaker 4: The in betweens lacked fun satisfactor. Were you satisfied by this show? I like them trying to introduce new stuff, but too much of it feels the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it definitely lacked something incredibly satisfying at the end. I think the fight scenes are inherently satisfying, but when you're talking story and the way it wraps up, not all that satisfying.
Speaker 1: I also found every mystery, every like reveal in this to just be like, oh, like nothing was.
Speaker 2: Like, ah no, that's fair, that's definitely.
Speaker 1: Fair borometer, and by the end it was like pulling my nails out.
Speaker 3: They had a serious issue trying to get us to care about Osha and May, both story wise and with the actress.
Speaker 2: They both just didn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't written intriguing enough, she didn't act it good enough. And that that honestly is what pulls this show down is is leaning on that so much. And I know that was the premise of the show, but leaning into that so heavily and not giving us enough of like camee in that sith light type of stuff was a mistake.
Speaker 1: I think also by episode, like the midway through episode six, I was just like, Saul stinks like I'm I'm, I've I've lost all interest in Saul.
Speaker 2: I liked Saul.
Speaker 3: I feel like and this might be a mistake now being seeing how this was reviewed, but it felt like they were saving some of the stuff that I wanted to see for a season two And there's clearly a setup in the finale for a season.
Speaker 1: Two awquator below really yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty easily above For.
Speaker 1: Me, Halloween, will this show wane over time? For you? I am gonna forget about it.
Speaker 3: I rewatched episode five almost immediately after I watched the finale. There's some really cool shit in this season, but not really tied to the plot of the season. So watch episode five, maybe watch the finale. There's a lot of cool shit that happens in those two episodes.
Speaker 1: When life gives you plemings, you make plemonade. And for me, there was one scene I believe it was in episode eight, where a senator I don't know his name gave a speech about Jedi and how much they suck. I said, I like this.
Speaker 3: Guy, all right, Yeah, I don't forget the name of that character, but he's been around for a bit too many. Jacinto made every scene he was in instantly more intriguing at the beginning, in the middle, and at the end.
Speaker 2: He was easily the best character on this show.
Speaker 1: Credit Union Mac, Who are you giving credit to?
Speaker 2: Lee?
Speaker 3: Young Jay was great? You didn't like him, I guess as Master Saul, But I thought it was an awesome.
Speaker 1: No, the character by the end. No, the actor learning English is incredible like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, credit fact here. The fact that he learned English for the role is pretty incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, don't say the actor's name. I thought he did a good job. The character by the end was incredibly boring and just fair enough. This entire eight episodes is just a string of miscommunications. Guys, just have a conversation and we can.
Speaker 2: Figure this out.
Speaker 3: It's so he's got a reputation to uphold, right, and he didn't want it to get out what he had actually done, and it, you know, in the finale you learn exactly what happened. And it is interesting to see that the Jedi it's and it makes no sense if you frame it like in political terms of today, like clearly that would get covered up the way many things get covered up.
Speaker 2: And so I like that aspect of it.
Speaker 1: What do we got here? Pants ten City excite bike Mania And besides episode five, Mac, did anything get you going?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There was two or three things in the finale that I really enjoyed as well. But it was also like a twenty five minute pants tent in episode five. Episode five was fucking incredible.
Speaker 1: Hot Dog, Hot hot dogs, Mac, what is your hot dog score?
Speaker 2: Nice? Nice work for us to harmonize there.
Speaker 1: Ye, dude, I was going low. I'm happy that you were up here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, I'm hip.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This show starts off with a pretty intriguing premise and mystery, and although it doesn't deliver on that initial promise, it does deliver two or three great Star Wars moments, some of the best stuff we've seen in a long time. And there was just some great visuals and standout moments in this show. Even the worst Star Wars stuff still gives you some great visuals and stand out moments, so you gotta give it credit for that. Like even Kenobi had great stand up moments. The Last Jedi has like great stills, you know, so they always do a good job there. The most intriguing parts of the show, however, were It's villain came here and the Jedi being framed in a through a different lens. It was refreshing to see the Jedi portrayed that way. We've long known they've been into some shady shit. It was good to finally see stuff like that. Unfortunately, we just don't really care about that may Osha dynamic. We cared what the Jedi did involving them in regards to them. The show starts strong and ends strong, and you know, I'm a sucker for that.
Speaker 2: The book ends.
Speaker 1: Mac only cares about the endings when he's watching adult videos. He only watches the.
Speaker 2: End Well, it does.
Speaker 3: It leaves a better taste in your mouth when you start strong and end strong. And again in the middle. He did have episode five, but outside of that, they definitely missed the mark with the story along the way. They spent too much stock time on the wrong stuff, not enough time on the right stuff. It does seem, however, like they purposely left some of that intriguing stuff for season two. Who knows if we're ever gonna.
Speaker 1: That's the issue though, is like, are we gonna get a season two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we may not.
Speaker 3: We may not, so that that obviously is a thumbs down for this show. But again, this show is so much better than those lazy schlocks of Boba, Fett and Kenobi that essentially built a show around like one or two moments, and those shows were incredibly boring.
Speaker 2: This to me, was much more intriguing even if you didn't like the.
Speaker 3: Results on a week to week basis, much more energized to watch it did it did have the inconsistency that all of these shows have had from episode to episode, with the ups and downs, and that it honestly reminds me of what season one in three of The Mandalorian did were Like they'd give you something cool and then they did just kind of go away from it from an episode or two, and that's that's just been an issue with Star Wars in general. So for me, like Ahsoka stands out above all of these shows because it kind of has to by default it it just has. Again you can say, Andrews at the top, I'm not gonna argue with you over and or I'm just never gonna watch it when you talk about like Bob, Boba Fett and Kenobi, like compared to this show, the story in this show is plenty easy to follow. Maybe it didn't find it interesting, it was better than those two. I will take this over that dogshit any day of the week. That, like those shows, felt like backfield right, all right, we got Vader, we got this, we got this Boba fet moment, and then they just backfield shit. This was completely different. So I'll take this any day. I've got it at thirty hot dogs. This season of Star Wars might be the third best season of Live action Star Wars, behind Ahsoka and Mando season two. I think it's in the conversation with those other two Mandalorian seasons, but above Boba Fett and Kenobi for sure.
Speaker 1: So I watched this in bunches. I watched the five episodes, and then I watched the three episodes because Mac made me and I was perfectly fine. Like you know how some people watch just the first four seasons of Breaking Bad, and when Gus dies spoiler, they say, you know what, this is the perfect ending. I don't need to watch another season. I thought that episode five lightsabers fighting cool deaths. I was like, this is pretty good. I'm not sure if I need any more. I'm I don't think I need any more to solving this mystery, because so far, every mystery on this show just hasn't been interesting, it hasn't given me, you know, a cool result. Everything's just been oh, all right, that's a decent little payoff, and everything in the last three episodes of answering the questions of how we got to this, it's just all right. I guess that's fine. And like I said, it's just a string of miscommunications, a string of needing cliffhangers at the end of every single episode. This would have been so much better as a two and a half hour, just tight movie. Tell the story, not need to have constant cliffhangers and mysteries. And I thought that they introduced the mystery and they solved it at kind of weird points, and it hurt, you know, developing may Or Osha, Like I didn't mind that character as much as you. I just thought that by the end, every character I didn't care about. I didn't care about the characters. I didn't care about the story. I think it might have been just the way that it was told. It didn't pull me in. None of these Jedi, outside of Saul, who then got on my nerves by the end, none of them really pulled me in. So I think it's a storytelling issue with Star Wars right now, and I don't think it's terrible. I don't think it's the worst thing Star Wars has ever done. I think it's just the same and I'm sick of the same. And like we talked about at the end of the last dump, I don't dislike Star Wars. I think I dislike what Star Wars is doing right now because they just keep on giving us the same thing over and over again, and I want something new, I want something fresh, and this, while they try and introduce some fresh stuff, by the end, just feels the same. Twenty three hot dogs.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I think that's very fair review and read on the show, and I think there there's definitely more people that probably feel similar to you than than I.
Speaker 1: And that might not even be a review on the show. It's just a review of like where.
Speaker 3: Star Yeah, the overatching stuff. Here's my thing on it, and I I feel like you should make a promise to me here that in the next six months.
Speaker 1: Make me say something.
Speaker 2: I think you should watch the Clone Wars.
Speaker 1: And Rebels I'm watching and or first Yeah, I don't know if.
Speaker 3: I would do that, because that's not as tied. That is specifically just tied into rogue one?
Speaker 1: Can we can we make a new segment on the show where we make each other promise things.
Speaker 3: A lot of the themes and things Star Wars does, they've been doing for a long time. You need, you just need to watch Clone Wars and Rebels, you really do. And it's I think it'll give you a more and actually might turn you off more to Star Wars to be honest, it's like a lot of these.
Speaker 1: Shows, are you willing to take that gamble?
Speaker 3: A lot of these shows do the same thing that especially Clone Wars does, where it's a real roller coaster ride where they get distracted by shit that the audience doesn't really care about. And every one of these shows has essentially done that. And again, you know our great Lord and Overseer Dave Filoni. Everyone loves to bow down to him. He's ultimately in charge of all of this stuff, whether his name's on it or not, he gets final sign off, and people pretend that he doesn't. And his it's a Dave felony issue because he's so crazy. He's an encyclopedia of Star Wars Wikipedia. He wants to go down these paths for really no reason other than rounding out seeing d list characters that we don't care about. But he has to do it in his head, and I think it hurts just about every show he's attached to. It's just the way he does things, and he's been doing that. He did it all through the Clone Wars and and I think there is a conversation to be had overall about Star Wars in the direction and what they're doing. And I know they handed the keys to Felony, and Kathleen Kennedy has less of an influence now, but Dave Filoni's always been overseeing this stuff and has been for twenty years now, so you kind of all draw the lines back to Felony.
Speaker 2: So I think he needs a O guy. And again it.
Speaker 3: Seems like and sort of what you're saying, do is you have the same gripes and criticisms with every one of these Star Wars properties, and I don't disagree with you. So it's almost like like it's hard to be upset with these shows when you know it's one guy calling the shots behind the scenes and connecting everything.
Speaker 1: No, but then it's also someone saying like this needs to try and hit with the mass audience. We're putting this on Disney Plus. This needs to get subscribers or keep subscribers, especially with Disney Plus going up and up in its fucking cost.
Speaker 2: That is certainly a part of it, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: But again we talk about it all the time with Marvel and Kevin Figi when they when they've been kind of fluttering here, treading water for the last couple of years, we point the finger of Figy really and no one else, And so Felony should get the same ups and downs that Figi does. And it's weird that no one ever criticizes felony.
Speaker 1: What I want to happen, and you know what, anything is possible. As Kevin Garnett once told us, is I wouldn't be surprised if they pay George Lucas a heaping, stinky pile of money to make something and they say, we'll we'll have some oversight, we'll let you mostly do what you want me do want final say, it's still ours, but we'll give you a lot of money to make a star war.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but doo, the last time that happened, we got the Phantom Menace. We don't want that.
Speaker 1: That was not the last time. No, the last time that happened. We got Revenge of the Sith, and I like that movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I'm saying at the outset, we got Phantom Menace.
Speaker 2: The way it finished was it's good.
Speaker 3: But again, that's another one that they're going back and backfilling, filling and stuff from characters we already knew and needed more backstory. I would rather them venture off and do new stuff.
Speaker 1: What if George Lucas is able to buy Star Wars back for a dollar and then he gets to then take over the company again, And I think.
Speaker 3: I think that's why the Ahsoka show is so intriguing, is because they're ahead of all that stuff and going forward and getting into new shit we've never done before. So maybe maybe that's and maybe that's where Filoni will get out of his own way. And because he doesn't have to try to, you know, prop up trilogy, he can just do his own thing.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's the answer, but who knows. I think basically.
Speaker 3: We're both saying as Star Wars has an overarching issue and we don't know how they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Solve it, and we also don't know how to solve it because we're idiots. Yes, yes, Max should we spoil Spili spoiler. My favorite scene from the show is after all those Jedi get murder or just straight up murdered, Osha goes over to the sign and flips it from five hundred days without a Jedi death and it goes back to zero.
Speaker 2: Goo.
Speaker 3: One of the big reveals in this show, or one of the the main thing that this show is really doing, is showing that May and Osha were created through the Force by Mother Anaseya in a very similar fashion I supposed that Anakin was. And it almost leads you down a path to show you this is maybe where Palpatine got that idea, where Darth Plagis got that idea of Palpatine's master who we get a little sneak peek at in the finale here, and it almost seems like the show was just doing that, And so that's hurt.
Speaker 1: That just a show that like, oh, this has happened in the past. But if you look at it, Anakin comes out as that one person and has both sides to them as opposed to this is a character that is one person but is split into two, and they don't, I mean, they do have the duality to them. It's i know, I've seen everyone compare it to a Yin Yang sign where yeah, the white and the black and then the colors bleed into each other. Oh what the ying ying? Oh thank you? Also, she is both of them very high m count. I like how they were afraid to say medichlorian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it does also lead you to believe that because they had such an issue keeping these two together, you know, this whole diad thing that we talked about a little bit in the Newest trilogy, that's why maybe Anakin stays as one when they make Anakin, because it didn't work keeping them separate here. So that's that's obviously, And I understand people having issues with that, and I just didn't care a ton about that, Like that doesn't bother me. This is again something Star Wars always does, at least in the last twenty years, is a lot of the things they create will tie back into something from shit we've seen before the mid season reveal. Really here was that Camire the Stranger that we see at the beginning. It was the guy under the mask. He's our like pseudo sith villain the good. A good percentage of the internet had sniffed that out, so that wasn't very surprising to me.
Speaker 2: I spent too much time on Reddit and YouTube these.
Speaker 1: I also thought it was so obvious that they wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get I guess maybe who else.
Speaker 1: Would it be? It would either be him or one of the Jedi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people thought it was Saul as well, so that that was an interesting I the reveal was fine to me. It didn't It didn't blow my cock off. I didn't get upset about it. Some finale stuff gou we see Osha force chokes, saw the death. Something in the moment, the way she acted it didn't quite hit for me. I thought it was a cool idea, just didn't quite hit. What was fucking cool, though, is as she's forced choking him to death using the Dark Side, she bleeds the broken Kyber crystal from the lightsaber in her. We had never seen anything like that before, and then when she activates the lightsaber moments later, it goes from blue to red. Fucking really cool moment. I'm sure you can question why things go that way, but.
Speaker 1: I had to like that. No, it is when you hold a Kiber crystal and it takes on who you are. It then flips, you know, once they get.
Speaker 3: Red sabers as they bleed the crystals, there is a thing to be brought up about what's supposed to be your own Kiber crystal.
Speaker 2: But we've seen many times.
Speaker 3: Before people take other people's lightsabers and therefore their crystals, So again didn't bother me.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a cool moment.
Speaker 1: They'd be a cool I think they could do it on like Robot Chicken in their fifteenth Star Wars episode of Darth Vader choking someone like forest choking someone and then someone goes, WHOA, did you just make that up? And he looks around like, you know, to make sure that Osha or May isn't there, and he's like, yeah, I made it up. No one's ever done this before.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing they seem to be teasing going forward and during this season was that Vernessa Uh was Camille's master Camiir was Vernestra's padawan, and we saw an episode six those whip marks on his back and we see she has the light whip, and then in the finale we see they connect real quick because his mask is off. So that's really intriguing because we don't really get much about Vernestra and she seems like she might feel a little underhanded as well. So that dynamic was way more interesting than the Oosha May and Saw stuff. That's the stuff I was like more intrigued by. And it seemed like they were setting up for a season two. Unfortunately, I don't know if we if we ever get that. We also see towards the end of this season Camire wipes May's mind. That seemed like it was two weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh he had one of those men in black things.
Speaker 2: But also I was thinking about it.
Speaker 3: I suppose if someone is willing to get their mind wipe, that makes it much easier as well.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I didn't, I didn't that.
Speaker 1: Also that plays into in the Phantom Menace when they're all sitting around being like, there hasn't been a Sith for a thousand years. That's because no one knows what happened.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a big thing here.
Speaker 3: Gu A lot of people were talking about Dialogue and the Phantom Menace surrounding the Scyth. Anyone that interacted with the Syth in this show was not around one hundred.
Speaker 1: Years either dead or see that, or they are trying to cover things up.
Speaker 3: Yes, that blew my mind when people were so turned off by that fucking thing, like anyone that interacted with this syth did not, Yeah, they weren't. That was just that was the dumbest criticism on the internet.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: One of the biggest things or biggest ramifications going forward or into the Star Wars universe here was the reveal that Darth Plagus is kind of pulling the strings. Yeah, with Camire, we just see him briefly peek out of the cave there on whatever planet Camie was on. And the only things I know about Darth Plagas, and there are people that know way more out there than me. Number One, Darth Tenebris was his master. That's another name I know. I don't know much about. Those are two people in some of the books that people have been wanting to see for a long time and live action. Additionally, Plagas was Palpatine's master, so there's a lot of Plagas Palpatine stuff out there that people have been wanting to see or want explained. He's also part of the reason that Palpatine ended up in such a political power position, So there's there's something to be there's a story you can tell there this essence transfer that we see in the Rise of Skywalker when they're like, somehow Palpatine returned, that's actually something he learned from darths Pleegas. So there's like a whole thing there.
Speaker 2: That's like, you know that exists.
Speaker 3: I guess the bad backs these two or three seasons have gotten into some of that force cloning stuff, which again goes back to a lot of their shows are trying to explain stuff from the trilogies. And then finally gou and it's basically a mid credit. But at the end of this season we see the back of Yoda's head and we learned that he was Vernestra's master. He's around and obviously plays in all of the future Star Wars stuff. But important to note, Vernestra tells him nothing about what happened on that planet, tells him nothing about Sith, so again, no one knows that the Sith are operating underneath everything.
Speaker 1: But also I could see her telling him and him being like, we're not gonna tell anybody.
Speaker 2: Sure, because that is a little shifty.
Speaker 1: Yoda doesn't he doesn't play by the rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, totally agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm right there. Twenty two, twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's it Like thirty makes sense to me, like had some Wow's story wasn't great. I enjoyed watching the show.
Speaker 1: Let's get into Maxack and mac Sack could be that. It could be a bout what.
Speaker 2: You try this, you try that? That's what said nothing.
Speaker 1: I think, so.
Speaker 2: All right you let's put you every.
Speaker 1: Day, okay and mac sak this week is I think it's right up your alley and on x AT snooze underscore. Bar asked us, uh, if we have ever had bats in our attic? I think, referring to the fact that maybe he had had a bat in his attic and I had told him, let's see here, have you ever had a bat in your house? Those suckers are freaky? I agree. While cleaning my attic out maybe two summers ago, I opened a box and there was a dead bat in my attic. I then looked to move. Bats freak me out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, doing pest control for a decade, I have run into these sort of scenarios. And also, uh, you know, being a firefighter, occasionally we'll get calls.
Speaker 1: For like a bat in the house, calls from bats.
Speaker 3: SWAT's been a couple of times where you're in a house fucking swatting at a bat batch or gross.
Speaker 2: They're gross.
Speaker 3: They are essentially rats with wings or mice with however you want to look at it. Yeah, I wouldn't want them in my house. They're actually pretty harmless and they eat mosquitoes.
Speaker 2: But I get why people wouldn't want them in their domain. They are gross looking.
Speaker 3: They're probably pretty gross in general, but they do eat mosquitos and such, so they are important to the ecosystem. I'm not afraid of them, knowing what they are though, Like they're harmless to humans, they're afraid of humans.
Speaker 1: They're just gross. They're fucking gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're creepy looking.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you for your uh give me your Goo's Juicy six pack and try and rank them of the vermin that you do not want to find in your house.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's tough to say, like because some people are like afraid of spiders, but like, spiders are.
Speaker 2: Eating the other shit, they're eating the insects. They kind of want spis.
Speaker 1: Okay, so spiders are off your list, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yes, spiders are our friends.
Speaker 1: I am asking for your personal preference of just disgusting outside stuff that you don't want inside.
Speaker 2: Well, like rats I.
Speaker 3: Think are the worst because they're they're larger than anything else, you know. Okay, actually squirrels are the worst.
Speaker 1: Whoa, that's a hot take right.
Speaker 3: There, because squirrel like it's relatively easy to get rid of the rats. The squirrels will fight back into like whatever hole they were getting into, and like sometimes if there's babies inside too, they'll just tear up the wood.
Speaker 2: The rats are.
Speaker 3: Somewhat capable of that, but it's easier to kill rats than it is squirrels. And also legally you can use more stuff with rats than you can with squirrels. Squirrels you can't just fucking like throw bait and try to kill them that way. Squirrels you gotta use what are called like one ra doors oh so they can get out and knock get back in, or you can trap them. Squirrels are probably the biggest nightmare to deal with.
Speaker 1: You can't kill squirrels.
Speaker 2: Uh No, when you catch them, you're supposed to kill them.
Speaker 1: But you can't like chase them with a bat or something.
Speaker 3: Well, you could if you want, it's a hard do whatever the fuck you want with the squirrel. As a licensed person, you can only do certain things, whereas, like with rats you can set up bait stations and shit like that. Not allowed to do that type of stuff with squirrels. Also, squirrels are like are up so that there's a heights thing involved too, Like it's just a whole different.
Speaker 1: Game beyond squirrels. Because now you have really grabbed my attention here because I fucking hate rats. But yeah, squirrels, okay, So what else that's might be.
Speaker 3: Second hardest to get rid of sometimes, So a lot of the old homes in this region have slate roofs, and I don't know if you know anything about slate roofing going, there's all sorts of little spaces under the slates, and ba's are small enough that they can get under there sometimes, so the whole is under the slate roofing, but you can't find it in slate roofing. So a lot of times you just like try to catch them inside, and that can be a nightmare. If you can't find the penetration into the home, nice, you're not gonna be able to get rid of them.
Speaker 1: Basically, well, skunks are raccoons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so, that's like more wildlife, and there is a distinction between wildlife and pest control.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sure skunks are terrible, but you can trap skunks pretty easily. Raccoons same same idea.
Speaker 3: Raccoons are much smarter and they have opposable thumbs, so they can they can open things. So maybe maybe raccoons would be second behind squirrels. I don't have much experience with like raccoons or skunks. There are ways, so there is like green ways to try to get rid of those. Like a known predator such as a fox, you can buy you put.
Speaker 1: A fox in your house.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, oh, you use the fox to your advantage.
Speaker 3: They sell fox urine on the internet at hardware stories and you can put that spray that in areas where you might find raccoons or skunks, and as a known predator, they'll just usually vacate the premises.
Speaker 1: Because I thought what you were getting at. So I live in an area that is filled with fucking rats, lots of rats. City. We used to have tons of skunks and raccoons in the area. They would get at the rats. We don't have those skunks and raccoons anymore. So I was thinking, we drop skunks and raccoons, we have them get the rats. But then what I thought you were getting at is we then drop a bunch of fox in there to get rid of those guys. What will we then get for the fox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because then you'd have foxes maybe going after house cats. So then you just get coyotes made to go after the foxes.
Speaker 1: But then what do we get for the coyote?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a never it's catch twenty two. It's a vicious circle.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I think we it's a giant thing of like you know how like sometimes when you get to like the biggest animal, then like the smallest one can kill it, like mosquitoes.
Speaker 2: There you go, and then we need the bats again to take as.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we're starting it all over again. It's as if we need an ecosystem.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen.
Speaker 3: The stats about when Yellowstone introd introduced a wolf pack in like nineteen ninety two and bring it on completely, So I believe it's ninety two early mid nineties, Yellowstone introduced seven wolves to the park and it fundamentally changed the ecosystem for the better. Because you need to have a proper ecosystem. You need that proper pecking order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a man.
Speaker 3: I don't know the specifics of it, but for those of you who did don't know anything about it, look up the effect that the wolf pack has had on Yellowstone National Park.
Speaker 1: Oh, we also saw so a wolf? What is six foot four one and sixty pounds? Is that what West showed us? Uh?
Speaker 3: The biggest wolves on the planet, or get to like a one seventy five in that range?
Speaker 1: Just fucking pure muscle too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I've still got one hundred pounds on those things.
Speaker 1: So you think that you could beat the biggest wolf in the world, You think you could beat them up? Yeah, I don't think I could even fight or flight. I don't think I could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're we're talking two different weight classes here. We're also talking about someone who's afraid of bats and someone who's.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no ah, you stop right there. I don't like smaller insects animals because they're tougher to hit. A wolf is fairly big. I could probably Let me get right now.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question here. If you see an off the least dog coming your way, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What kind of dog?
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter? Seventy pound dog?
Speaker 1: Is it coming to attack me? Or is it coming out? I'm probably just gonna stand there, Okay, I would if I'm with my four year olds on him, I'll pick him up and I'll hold him and then I'll do, like what am I gonna do? Fucking run away like.
Speaker 2: Ninety percent of people would. And that's the that's the wrong thing to do.
Speaker 3: You gotta you gotta make yourself big and almost come at it, and then it's gonna think twice.
Speaker 2: Wolves are dogs, dude. Wolves are the same fucking thing.
Speaker 1: Wolves are not the same thing.
Speaker 3: They have a killer instinct more than a domestic dog, obviously, but also wolves do not know how to take something down by themselves. They have a pack mentality. Their whole thing is predicated on packs. If you isolated a wolf, it would dive to a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Like I think the fox is the perfect size for me to attack, Like it's not just small, yeah, so like it's small, but.
Speaker 2: I get like twenty to forty pounds for a fox.
Speaker 1: Right, so if it's running at me, and say, if I have some steel toe boots on, like I often do punt it.
Speaker 2: It's like fox. And then next up is coyotes.
Speaker 1: I think I could do a coyote kitos like what you seventy five pounds?
Speaker 2: No, the I bet a big coyotes fifty to.
Speaker 1: Sixty And those are fucking mangy.
Speaker 3: They mangy looking, that's for sure. Yeah that wolves definitely look more, more majestic and more killer than coyotes do. But there's also a massive side.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, go to x go to Instagram right now? Could you fight the biggest wolf in the world. Why isn't anyone responding right now? Mac? Where can the people find us?
Speaker 3: You can find us on Twitter and Instagram, at Mac and Goo podcast every other platform. We are mac ampersan Go that's Mac Shift seven Goo that includes Facebook, Stitcher, Tuning Castbuck Spreak of Google Play. IHEARTRADI credit to us for for keeping iHeart afloat.
Speaker 1: Yeah up eight percent because of its podcast revenue. You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Uh We're on Spotify, but more importantly we're on Apple Podcasts. Get on there, rate review, subscribe five stars. If you do that, we'll get you free Mac and Go d shirt from the folks over at Watertown Sports where Watertown Sports. We're on thirty four Mod Auburn Street in Watertown. Watertownsportswear dot com expert screenprinting and embroidery.
Speaker 1: Oh you might be watching this on YouTube. Smash that subscribe, Like and subscribe. Also, if you want to write a comment, maybe it be nice.
Speaker 2: I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: It hurts my feelings.
Speaker 2: So here's a question. If the wolf is mean to you, the would the wolf beat you?
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say I would prefer a bat in my attic than a negative comment. All right, tell Siri or Alexa to play Mac and Goo on your iHeartRadio app. Hey, Alexa, play Mac and Goo on your iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I think should be clear too with the folks at home.
Speaker 3: You know, if you're five to four one hundred and fifty pounds, oh here, maybe maybe you don't want to fight a wolf when you're six.
Speaker 1: Well, we're not telling anyone here to fight a wolf.
Speaker 3: When you're six foot, two hundred and seventy pounds. It's easier to take on a fucking wolf.
Speaker 1: I am five ten and a half. I didn't want to lie and say five eleven and I weigh Let's say right now, let's just say one seventy. That's a lie. Why what do you think I weigh?
Speaker 2: I'd say one eighty five.
Speaker 1: I haven't weighed one eighty five and like, well a little bit during the pandemic, but that those years don't count.
Speaker 3: I will say, at Rafi's birthday party of the day, you were looking pretty slim, so credit to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But now, like now, the wolf has a bigger chance of gett yet.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is I have to put on some weight to fight the wolf.
Speaker 3: If hypothetically I would, yeah, I get back to that two hundred pounds range in your pandemic weight.
Speaker 1: Like I haven't scaled up in a while, I might weigh closer to one sixty.
Speaker 3: Also, credit to me, I'm down about twenty five pounds. So I'm going the opposite direction as well.
Speaker 1: Should I have pointed that out as opposed to having you point that out. You know some people don't want to compliment themselves. I was going to say that you look you'll look great, Mac.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thanks u.
Speaker 3: Another twenty I'll feel pretty good about myself right now, just in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: It's a grind, but.
Speaker 1: If you lose another twenty, would you lose an edge on the wolf.
Speaker 3: No, I think there's a certain point where like it's just I'd say, like so to twenty to two forty, that's like a range that the wolf's just gonna have an issue with.
Speaker 2: Around two hundred and belower, maybe they can handle. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Imagine going to a place like Awake in one eighty, who does amazing work, and you say I want to lose this much weight, and they say, oh, well, I think you could push that even further, And then you say I would lose my advantage over the wolf.
Speaker 3: I'd be susceptible to a wolf attack under two twenty. So I'm gonna stick there.
Speaker 1: All right. Tuesdays or Goose Days. I abuse kangaroos.
Speaker 3: By Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for girls jumping on trampolines.