Speaker 1: And here we go with another Minnesota good bye. I kind of screened through the emails a little bit, so I'm not going uh my favorite part. Uh Hello morning show crew. Please don't say my name. I want to ask opinion on babies names. Me and my future husband are expecting our first kid. Thinking of baby's names. I'll always like when siblings first letters of their names are the same, like you know, Marie and Martin or Abby and Annie, that type of thing. Me and my sister have matching first letters, and my cousins all matched too. I think it's cute, but he thinks it's unnecessary for context. He's already got a kid, and I've been thinking of names with the matching letter of this kid, so I see it as extending his family. What do you think is the matching names outdated or what?
Speaker 2: That's interesting?
Speaker 1: Okay. They go on to say he's an avid listener of your show and he constantly has it on and we'll even repeat shows all day. If you can send a sticker, he would love it, So I will send a sticker. Also, I'm not telling him i'm writing in, so maybe he won't realize it's me doing this. You're doing a great job. We love listening and we won't say the name. I think it's fine, but I don't know anybody that's doing it now. Alison's got Ava and Evelyn's so they don't match. Yeah, but I think it's fine. I think it's cute.
Speaker 3: I've never said it was that popular to call it like outdated period, you know, Like I feel like it was just like a thing that some people did. Okay, sure, yeah, no, I guess that's my opinion. But I think it's totally fine. And I think that is cool that you're kind of like trying to do it as an extension based off of him already having a kid.
Speaker 4: My dad's family has a lot of J names on purpose, and they do that as a thing. They even have like all the boys or J names, all the girls are M names. And my friend Sarah, I mean, has two kids now and both of them are our names on purpose. But I don't know. If I had kids, I probably wouldn't. But that's just me personally. So if we've that's something that you're into, go for it. As long as they don't sound the same, you know.
Speaker 1: Jaden, Braiden, Cadend.
Speaker 4: Brandy and Riley you know that's like too close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, you know what, they're your kids. I would only say the one thing that I think that you should keep in mind with a child is make it easy to spell so they don't have to spend the next eighty nine years spelling it. For people when they're given the you know they give their name at the car dealership, how do you spell your name Braiden b R E, A, y O, D E and Q right, Because that's a fucking pain in the ass that your kids should not have to go through. Also, not a name that sounds like something they can make like make made fun of that.
Speaker 4: And like I always try to remind people. I don't know, I'm not remind it's what's anyway. I try to say, like, you're not naming a kid, you're naming an adult because they're going to be an adult for most of their lives. Yeah, so like if we name them like, you know, Tiara Masu, that's cute when you're a baby, but when you're an adult and you're like, yeah, hi, I'm an James Tira Massou, that's a.
Speaker 1: Very good point.
Speaker 2: Awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I know somebody who named their child after a very very popular TV character, and I don't want to embarrass them, so I won't say it. But if I said it right away, you'd be like, oh seriously, And so this poor kid. The good news is as this kid gets older, people won't remember this TV character. But currently it's like wow. Right next one, we talked about hypnosis and it came up, I think because I had tried hypnosis for my belly pain it didn't work. And we talked about you know, hypnosis shows who you know, it's all fake and whatever, and then somebody said, no, it really was real, and it was real for them. So here's an interesting experience. I was talking to a longtime friend of mine just last night about his thoughts on hypnosis, and he told me about he was at the California State California State Fair. There was a stage show going on with a guy doing hypnosis, and he said, the guy on stage had some volunteers come up from the crowd. He took them all back behind the curtain and said, look, look, our intention is to put on a show and entertain the crowd. And if you don't want to put on a show, go back to your seat. But if you're up for it to stay, then stay and let's put on a show. My friend left and that was his story. He says it's complete bs. Anyway, he's also a doctor, and he does say there is some legitimacy to like clinical hypnosis. So but I thought it's interesting because if you've ever been to a hypnosis show, and I've been to one of the State Fair and the beer garden, you know over that by the bazaar, and they then it's funny as shit and they bring somebody up. It's like you're a duck, lay an egg and quack like a duck, and so this woman from Fridley will get whatever. But I think that he was smart. It's like, we're here to put on a show and entertain and make people laugh. If you're up for it, do it. If you're not into it, please go back and sit down. Ensuring success.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Next one. Okay again, here I go. Uhh. I am writing in regards to your conversation about fish hatcheries and also animals such as ducks. Okay, we purchased mallard ducks from hatcheries all over the US, mostly California and Iowa. They get raised at her home. We got a pond form in the backyard, and in the late fall they will leave and migrate to the south. I know it sounds weird, but we love it. They give us little flight shows during the summer, and now we have a duck named Mama that's back home for the second year to nest. So does that mean she flies south and then finds the same place again. If so, that's really amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds like it.
Speaker 1: I just thought it would be cool to give you some insight on raising and releasing animals. Is attached as a picture of Mama, our favorite duck. She's sitting on the rock with Drake, a male duck I named in Greg.
Speaker 4: Greg.
Speaker 1: Hopefully I'll have pictures of their baby soon. I love the randomness of that email, because we have not gotten an email about ducks or mallards. In a hot man in a hot.
Speaker 4: Minute, I'm glad you named Greg. What a good name for a duck.
Speaker 1: Greg, I know, is that funny duck. Here's another one, totally different one from Hannah. She says, speaking of talk on people on talk people from yesterday, I was wondering if anybody has the same problem as me. I am one tall bitch. In my head, I'm always thinking I'm not really that much shorter than my husband's family until I look at a family picture. I'm five foot three. Everybody else in my husband's family is so tall. The next shortest is five foot nine and that's my mother in law. Everybody else is five foot ten plus wo with the tallest being six foot four. And it's just a random picture of her family standing up against it looks like a barn, and they're all tall, but she is. She looks like Fallon picture Fallin.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, that's what I was thinking of in my head.
Speaker 1: And Fallon is about five foot two or three. Everybody else in the I mean, she's the only one that's short. They're all tall and lanky.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: I saw a family at a restaurant one time and they were so conspicuously tall. I don't mean they were tallish. I mean they were like six foot eight or taller, including the girls. So there's mom, tall, dad, tall, three girls and a boy or something like that, all six foot eight or taller.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And you couldn't help but stare. And now I'm an adult, and I know better than to stare, but.
Speaker 2: It's like, fuck, oho those people.
Speaker 1: Fuck, they're so tall.
Speaker 4: They're all legs.
Speaker 1: Whoa, So I wonder I think one of them might even written in Lately and they said they were like part of a really tall family something like that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it is it's a weird vibe because I've mentioned my first boyfriend I ever had was six five and his whole family was all like six three six four, six five, and his mom I think was even like six' one or. Something they were all so. Tall so it did look in any pictures THAT i was. In, YEAH i was like a foot shorter than.
Speaker 2: EVERYBODY i just thought that she thinks that she's so tall at five to.
Speaker 1: Three oh she said in her, mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Right but that's WHAT i, mean, like.
Speaker 1: Oh she's a tall bitch in her.
Speaker 2: Mind that's funny that she thinks.
Speaker 1: That let's see you. Know that is more of a personal one for. Me, GOD i really got to catch up on. Email if you send an email AND i haven't, answered Then i'm. Sorry we have kind of it's it's must be a busy season at the radio, station because every DAY i clear up my email. Box THEN i, go, shit there's a whole lot. More there's One i'm looking for AND i feel. Bad it's a little boy who's about, seven and he's sent in a video with his mom and he's, Like, Hi Dave Ryan, Show i'm doing a fundraiser at my school And i'd love for you guys to help. Out AND i it was one of put it in my get back to later. Pile, Yeah AND i can't find it, now AND i want to find it BECAUSE i don't want this little boy to be LIKE i wrote to My face radio show and they never wrote me.
Speaker 2: Back what a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Tools So i'm gonna ask you a question out of. Nowhere did you ever write to a celebrity and heard? Back, now while you think about, it and maybe you, listening you have a story About we had a class project WHEN i was a. Kid we had to write to a company a letter about something seventh or eighth. GRADE i wrote to The listine. People why Because listine in the big the big, bottle not the blue, stuff but the brown stuff tasted like shit and it was a. Mouthwash and you would also use. It you would gargle if you had a sore, throat gargle with. Listerine you could also put it on cuts and. Scrapes but the main thing was we would rinse our mouth out with listerine after we brushed our. Teeth tasted like. Shit and they used to have a slogan the taste people hate twice a. Day you don't remember. That that was their, Slogan, wow you taste people hate twice a. Day and SO i wrote To listerine AND i, said, hey it would be great if you improved your. Taste they actually wrote me, back and it was like hearing from the. President i'm, like holy. Shit listerine wrote me.
Speaker 2: Back do you remember what they? Said they said sucking like they suck it, it.
Speaker 1: Suck, it you little. Fuck they said something, like, hey we appreciate you, writing but that is our that's our that's our. Brand people love the taste of listerine because it tastes so, bad and that's how you know it's. Working it tasted like drinking iodine or an anti. Antiseptic you. Know so you never wrote to a celebrity in her? Back do you? Count did you write to?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well WELL i wrote to you ten years ago saying you should come see my play AND i would come see yours and you. Did you came to see my play.
Speaker 1: And that's how we. Met, yeah so, okay all, Right i'll take.
Speaker 3: That way you.
Speaker 2: GO i did.
Speaker 3: NOT i don't remember that at. ALL i know we did like the pen pal thing in elementary school with someone from a different, country but that was the extent of WHAT i can.
Speaker 4: REMEMBER i remember wanting to write To Adam. Driver he's an actor now who's pretty, famous AND i wanted to write to him AFTER i saw him in THE tv Show, girls AND i had a whole letter, drafted and then like went to go See Star Wars The Force awakens and he was in, it AND i was, like, well, shoot like NOW i can't send this letter because he'll never see it because now he's a big.
Speaker 2: Star oh you didn't think it was a big star yet when he.
Speaker 4: Was, No, NO i was, like he's just ON, hbo like not everybody Had kenny.
Speaker 2: Where you got to. START i, thought, yeah it was right. Exactly he was so good on that.
Speaker 4: Show AND i was going to write to him and be, LIKE i really appreciate your nuanced acting. Performance it was so good and really touched. Me and then, yeah and then he was In Star, wars SO i was, like well so much for.
Speaker 1: That well now too? Big. Yep, Okay so if you wrote to a celebrity and they wrote you, back or you wrote TO i don't, know like The Tide Laundry Soap, company then let us know because that's kind of a cool little story you've never brought. Up if you wrote to anybody and you got a letter, back that's pretty. Cool all. Right there's another one From. Jenny she, Says i've been listening for a long time AND I i wanted to add some context to some text THAT i sent during No phone screen Or. Friday this was a week. Ago dave was talking about a parody living In minnesota to live In, Levita, loka living In, Minnesota and WHILE i don't Know dave's, PARODY i will never forget my uncle's. Parody, DAVE i don't know if you might remember my, UNCLE Dj Steve. Hunter he only worked For Clear Channel, radio which was the predecessor To iHeart back in the day doing total. Traffic, unfortunately my creative uncle passed away in twenty. Thirteen but thank you for content that made me think of all the fun memories of my fun. Uncle and in. Tribute i'm going to pull this up And i'm going to see IF i can push all the right buttons and see IF i can play this guy's. Song, no it's here just to honor. Him, now you got to give me a second to push the right.
Speaker 2: Button, yeah we're doing good.
Speaker 1: Time so here we go and that goes, there and that goes, there and THEN i thought, there oh wait this and then, this, okay this should do. It here we go living In.
Speaker 5: Minnesota we been to Black fisher hunting In Redwood. Falls i'm stuck in a road construction trying to get you a mega.
Speaker 2: Mall oh yeah that can. Happen oh you bet?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah up, north it's a.
Speaker 2: Vacation wood, ticks mosquito.
Speaker 5: Bites another losing season for The, twins.
Speaker 4: The, wools the, vibes some her roaster guns.
Speaker 1: Up in the winds of freezer.
Speaker 5: Brain oh, sure he hontish every other night of this ride being gold.
Speaker 1: Game there's a pop born in every.
Speaker 5: Lane, yeah you bet your out living in me IN u saw time At Dunlee Jon.
Speaker 1: Downtown The dance Of wats And. PODKA i store my ski doo, slang have my paris in no beer crowd spend the. Joke, come, okay that's very. Clever that Was that was better than a lot of the parodies THAT i. Wrote SO i do remember your. UNCLE i don't remember much about, him but he did traffic for. Sure so, anyway she goes on to, say Another jenny who went to THE u from two thousand and eight to twenty, twelve oh.
Speaker 2: Graduation, yeah that's exactly WHEN i was there.
Speaker 1: TOO i can write her back really.
Speaker 2: Crosspaths at one, Point i'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna write her back right. Now stall for me for a.
Speaker 3: Second, Okay, well we don't have a ton of time here, anyways so we'll have to wrap it up shortly.
Speaker 4: Here But, bailey what are you doing this? Weekend this, Weekend I'm i'm judging A History day. Competition i'm going to a singles event.
Speaker 2: Tonight, yeah you're doing The pitch Of. Friends, yeah so we'll see how that.
Speaker 4: GOES i feel Like i'm going to be an old person, there so we'll. See But i'm going With Katie cap shout Out Katie. Cap And i'm think it's going to be like young twenty year, old like twenty five to thirty two type.
Speaker 3: People BUT i don't know, though BECAUSE i feel like those people are out there like meeting people at barstill, YOU i feel like you would think it would be more of like a thirty year Old.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah they did like a preview of the people who are going to get, pitched and they did seem.
Speaker 2: Young SO i was, like, yes, today if, Anything i'll be at a. Brewery so, okay have.
Speaker 1: Fun all, right thank you for listening to The minnesota, goodbye and we will dedicate this episode To Steve, hunter who used to work For Clear channel In Total traffic and send any emails about you writing to a celebrity To Ryan show at katiewb dot. Com