Speaker 1: Yea ripped up.
Speaker 2: News you don't help, come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as you can.
Speaker 1: Show Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martin.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Welcome to the only show off. It's Candra here to solve problems, answer.
Speaker 5: Your questions, take complaints.
Speaker 6: Hard balls to make your life a little bit better. It's Car Day on the Troubleshooter Show. Any car questions you have, and of course we take all your questions. You've been ripped off by a contractor, you got anything going on in your life you want.
Speaker 5: To talk about. That's what we're here for. We love helping people.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you can get through right now. A couple of lines open. Jeff Vick Kimber transmission. What's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 7: Well, things are starting to pick back up.
Speaker 8: We had a little bit of a lull after Christmas, and I think everybody's recovering from their debt.
Speaker 7: And you know, is it typical? It's typical.
Speaker 8: It's also pretty typical when you have a change inside the administration. We see people they're waiting and see what's going to happen before they make large investments. No kid, So you know, doing something like a transmission is not a small task. It's just not easy on the pocket book. So they'll hold those things off.
Speaker 5: So it's starting to pick up. It's starting to pick back up here. Vin Kevin Cokin shared an auto tech.
Speaker 7: Yeah, same thing. We've been busy, and I think a lot of it has to do people. I think we're hoping the car price and the cars had come down.
Speaker 5: I think it's kind of weird with the tariff situation.
Speaker 7: But even that, the used car prices are insane, so people are definitely spending more money on the cars, keeping them going and hoping for maybe next year or get another car.
Speaker 5: It really wasn't long ago.
Speaker 6: I remember when my daughter turned I remember seventeen, sixteen, seventeen, her first car. Well, actually, I'll take my son. So when he turned sixteen, we had to deal with him if he got his third degree black belt andkwondo, he'd get a car, and I bought him a brand new Hondai accent.
Speaker 5: How much do you think.
Speaker 6: It was brand new fourteen? It's about twelve nine, yeah, yeah, twelve nine. If they're gone, there's no cars that are twelve nine anymore?
Speaker 7: I did the same thing for you know, my girlfriend's daughter. Is that of a used car? You got to keep putting money in? Yeah, I think it was fourteen to five for an Alantra. Yeah, the Alantras fourteen. I mean now they're over at easily twenty four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's so crazy and we're only talking almost double price and we're only talking what like four or five years little longer, but yeah, I mean it's nuts, man. And then the used cars. How many times are we hearing now these part issues?
Speaker 5: You guys? Is that getting any better?
Speaker 6: In other words, you've got a transmission come in and you need to get like what what give me a piece?
Speaker 5: It's hard to.
Speaker 8: Get for It just depends on on the part in the day. You know, Christ has been really bad lately where we're not going to shift a lot of stuff in Toyota has been horrendous for probably about two years. You know, just something like a common unit. I know that's not gonna make sense to you seven six, but you'll get an overhaul kit with pistons. It can take us a month to final one.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the airbag deal back in the day that Takata Takata. I mean, I don't think they still have enough of them.
Speaker 7: No, they're still replacing them.
Speaker 5: They're still replacing.
Speaker 6: The supply chain got so screwed up over COVID, it's really remarkable.
Speaker 7: Well, I think a lot of the manufacturers too, are getting are trying to get away with not stockings, still lower inventory, lower inventory costs because they know people will tolerate it because they did so. They're not doing it on purpose.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you guys something.
Speaker 6: The car prices that we're talking about, it made me start thinking of these tariffs, do you think we should bring the manufacturing And I'm not looking for a political stance here. I'm looking for car prices. They're out of control and it's hard to get parts. When Jeff just said, you know, we got to get them shipped over and stuff, I'm going, why not like build the parts and stuff here. I understand our labor costs more here, We're not going to build it. We don't have workers that are going to work for whatever they make in Mexico. It's simply not going to happen, or in China for that matter. I mean there's slave labor there. We can't compete with slave labor. But if you think of the shipping to get it here, and if you think of everything, and I know these business guys know the answer to this, but I get nervous on supply chain. Think about the precious minerals and stuff we rely on from China.
Speaker 5: Think of medication we rely on. Wasn't like insulin or something. There was a lot of things that during COVID. I mean it got really weird with stuff.
Speaker 6: I mean, what do you think about do you think ultimately it would cost less to build a car here, not just not put it together or assemble it, but to actually build the parts and stuff, or do you think it would be the case.
Speaker 8: If that was the case, they would have done a long time ago. There's not a figurehead over a Forward or GM that did that sat around us like, you know, let's give the Canadian some business and move some of our manufacturers.
Speaker 5: And they did it for for cost reasons.
Speaker 6: It's and I never knew they had a lot cheaper labor over in Canada. Three oh three seven one three h two five five? Hey Christy, what is going.
Speaker 5: On with you?
Speaker 9: I just wanted to update you on my farity hybrid. I took it to the shop last week. Do you want me to remind you what?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: What was it?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 5: Was it brand new? It was a brand new hybrid. Yes. And when you this was an interesting one.
Speaker 6: When you I don't know if it was in reverse or when you would just start.
Speaker 5: Rolling, it would make a noise. Yeah, go ahead, what was it?
Speaker 9: Okay, so there's three noises, but the lining noise starts at almost zero, but it goes all the way up to seventy five miles an hour. Just it's a it's a it's a It sounds like an electric motor noise, and the pitch just gets higher and higher and higher until like seventy five miles an hour and it either stops or it gets drowned out by the road noise. Yeah, but anyway, it's it's just constant.
Speaker 6: And then you brought it over to the dealer. And what did the dealer say, because it's all under warranty.
Speaker 9: Right, Well, basically the guy could like barely hear it. And he was like, and I'm talking to their master technician, and I don't doubt what he's saying, but he was like, do you mean that really really faint noise? And I said, well, I don't think it's really faint. Yeah, that's that whining.
Speaker 5: My electric car makes noises. I mean it really does so. But what did they end up saying?
Speaker 9: Ultimately, basically that that the noises were normal and then there's this other.
Speaker 11: Ticking noise that video?
Speaker 12: Right, I did?
Speaker 9: I sent you a small sniff because I could only email so much. But there's were you able to hear the ticking noise in the video?
Speaker 6: I think, Jeff, let you got three?
Speaker 8: There was just so much other noises. It's really hard top on noises on something like a video, particularly a Solen video, at all. I couldn't distinguish one noise from of the other.
Speaker 7: No I could hear that little feate whining noise, but it was so slight it was very, very hard to hear on the phone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, do you lose this a lot when you're not standing over the car, in the car where you can identify if it's in front of you, were behind you and besides you?
Speaker 5: Exactly They say it's normal, though.
Speaker 8: Well, has she driven another one to see if it's also prevalent?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Yeah, that's a good idea. Have you test drove another one.
Speaker 9: Yes, I drove an identical copy two weeks ago at the same dealer. Actually, the salesperson suggested I do that, which was a great idea. And I did not hear any of the noises in that car, and I wouldn't even have trusted my own hearing, except my daughter was with me, and she is you know, she agreed that this vehicle is not making any of those noises that your car is making.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's kind of strange, But if they're saying it's normal, I mean, I don't know how you unless they go on a test drive with you in another one. If you tried that, you go up there and grab the service manager or the service writer and say, let's go hop in this other Prius here and see if it does the same thing. But outside of that, I'm not sure what you do, because really it's not a dealership issue, it's a manufacturer's issue.
Speaker 7: I may try another dealer, though.
Speaker 5: What dealer did you go to? I'm sorry, I was.
Speaker 9: Working with Corwin in Colorado Spring.
Speaker 5: Is there another Toyota dealer up there? I don't think so.
Speaker 9: Sure it's a Honda, but I'm sorry, Hondia. I was wondering if I should vote a shamp because I think that's who you guys recommend.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't really write second opinion though, because when a tech starts out with you mean that noise that I can almost not even hear. Yeah, he's not vested in finding the noise.
Speaker 5: I know what you can do. Wait a minute, I know, actually Jesse could take a listen. Yeah, I think Jesse an honest, accurate, can tell you if it's normal or not. And he's not going to charge anything.
Speaker 9: All right, I will call him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jesse honest, accurate. He's on a referral list, referral list, that common fact. He's in studio with this. I didn't know you were in the Springs or else. I probably would have said that at first. But he'll go over there and just tell him you were on with us on the radio and we said he would take a listen and see if it's normal or not. But if you're trying to get them to like switch out the car or something, it's going to be an uphill fight if they're saying it's normal, you know.
Speaker 8: And I just did a quick Google search and there's plenty of people talk about these things making noise Obviously we don't have a volume on these monitors here, but there's several videos that will actually go through of normal noises and noises to actually be concerned.
Speaker 6: With of yeah, it's so weird, it's brand new, and the other one didn't do it. My car makes my tesla. I got in it this morning, and I'm not kidding, and I was just sitting there and I was contemplating whether to do an update before I left for the studio. And when I finally put it in reverse or swiped it into reverse, it made a weird noise back and out. Occasionally it just makes a weird noise. I don't know why it does it. I don't even know what the noise is. It's not like what you're describing. Yours seems to be constant. Mine just seems to come and go occasionally. So but but Christy, I would go down to honest, accurate, and why don't you follow up with us and let us know what Jesse in the gang say, because if they say it's abnormal, then I've got some ideas.
Speaker 12: Okay, yeah, that sounds good.
Speaker 5: I thank you, You're welcome, Thank you for the call.
Speaker 6: Christy three oh three seven one three eight two five five and Drew, you're gonna be after this.
Speaker 5: I got to take this break hold tight.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call company insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 6: Two all right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open, three oh three Martino, Michael has a question. No, I'm sorry, Andrew, you were first, Michael, you'll be next.
Speaker 5: Andrew. What's your question on motor oil?
Speaker 14: I was just looking at the Kirklands motor oil, Okay, just kind of comparing because the looks like that.
Speaker 5: It's probably quite a bit cheaper, right, Yeah, you can.
Speaker 14: Buy, uh buy it in bulk at costco and uh, I'm.
Speaker 6: Curious do they sell it? Do they sell it by the case, or like, how do they sell it? I've never seen motor oil there.
Speaker 14: I think you can get like the four I think it's the five courts, okay, four or five courts in one in one order nice, or like sixty nine Dolus of the synthetic full.
Speaker 6: That sounds like a great deal. I would assume you know, a major makes it. I mean, Costco is not in the refinery business. But what's the question.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was just looking in the there's an application chart into the oil and it says, because I've got a a totter under what you're it says it meets twenty eighteen. Okay, but it says in that in the chart it says it meets the Chrysler standards, the Ford standards, and the GM standards. But it doesn't show Toyota in there.
Speaker 6: Hey, that's the hell of a good question. I mean, what is it? Is it like a five point thirty five twenty?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 6: And then when we talk about standards, guys and Kevin, you guys, do a tonne oil changes? Really the standards not only the weight, like you were saying, zero sixteen is a big one now or five twenty or whatever.
Speaker 5: It is. But the additive packages is that have something to do with the standards for like GM.
Speaker 7: No, there's a radio called Dexos, So the same weight oils are not the same. If your vehicle requires Dexos d e XOS, that's the standard that they're looking for. So you have to be sure the oils you're using meet the qualifications for your vehicle. Not all oil works, but they'll all work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there's definitely good for it.
Speaker 7: There's definitely standards to keep up.
Speaker 6: So what he's saying on this Kirkland brand, he probably shouldn't use it if.
Speaker 7: It's not I don't know. I don't know if his twenty eighteen is Dexos or not. I was just gonna look at it.
Speaker 5: But he's saying on the side of the container while you're looking at.
Speaker 7: A list, it's not going to list every vehicle it's compatible with.
Speaker 6: No, but it is listing. You're saying, say again, what it says on there, Andrew.
Speaker 14: It's just a it's a synthetic application chart on the website, the Costal website. Yeah, and then it says Chrysler MS sixty three ninety five meters requirements and then four WSS in two c ninety four seven.
Speaker 5: I have no idea what that means.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's they're not going to be out a list all though.
Speaker 5: Could you look something like that up on all data?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm looking now. It doesn't seem to show any major requirements Texos or anything, just a synthetic grade.
Speaker 5: So the oil should be fine.
Speaker 7: Should be fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it looks like you're good. Is it to proper weight that yours calls for?
Speaker 14: I'll have to check on that. It does say Dexos one gin two.
Speaker 7: Well, there you go. Texos is what you're looking for. Yeah, Dexos is a is a high standard for a while, So that's the best. Yep, that's good.
Speaker 5: So he can't go wrong with what he's saying.
Speaker 7: No, that's the standard you're looking for.
Speaker 5: How much do you save buying it that way? Andrew? Just out of curiosity, did you calculate it like fifty bucks or what?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 14: Like it like AutoZone? I was buying you know, a five court or at like thirty thirty four dollars full synthetic, But then you get the filter with it. But then I mean just two of those purchases equals this would be Yeah, it would be four. That's insane.
Speaker 5: That's absolutely insane.
Speaker 6: I've never bought oil there, but I mean when I own shops, of course, I do them in my shop, but and now I do them either at Kevin's or you know, I'll go to one.
Speaker 5: You don't have to do them, well, that's true of my electric I don't have to do Seinfelder. Yeah, the low Tucker.
Speaker 6: Hey, Andrew, I appreciate the call man. Any other questions, You're good to go on that, I'd get it.
Speaker 14: Yep, thank you, you're welcome.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what Costco does. Guys, it's unbelievable. You're a Costco guy, right. I got Sam's Club and Costco.
Speaker 7: I got both.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this is crazy. Light bulbs. They've got light bulbs there that have little switches on them so you can do different like one thousand, five thousand, four thousand, so you can kind of pick the almost.
Speaker 5: Like a LED headlight. It's an LED and they're just regular bulbs like would plug into any of.
Speaker 6: These at Walmart, Walmart, not Sam's Club. At Walmart, each bulb is probably about ten bucks with the little thing. At Costco, you can get six of them for like eight dollars. I have no idea how they sell light bulbs cheaper. They must get something back from Uncle Sam or somebody.
Speaker 7: There has to be rebake, and I saw that too. Every bulb's a dollar.
Speaker 5: Every bulb they have there is so much cheaper than any other place.
Speaker 6: I just don't understand. They're led and they're all LED's, and some of them the ones that you can switch cover. Yeah, if you put them in the bathroom, you know, over the mirror, you might want this daylight. If you want them over here, you do that, and then they last for you know, probably outlast all of us.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's a ridiculous thing.
Speaker 6: One line open, three oh three seven, one three eight, two five five.
Speaker 5: Who is next? Next is Michael? Michael?
Speaker 6: What's going on with you? Victor Dennis? Hold tight, hey Michael, Yeah, I can barely hear you.
Speaker 11: Yeah. Let me put you on speakerphone and stiff you there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am here, Okay, go ahead, sir, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 11: I took my van in to get an estment. I was rear ended on the highway. This is on late Friday, so I imagine you need to have it over the weekend. Six weeks later, Oh my god, Yeah, when did this start?
Speaker 5: Give me a start date for my notes? When did it start?
Speaker 11: Okay? Unfortunately it started in August, and every time I deal with this, it sends me into a depression. So it's really hard.
Speaker 6: To August twenty four, Yes, okay, August twenty twenty four. You get rear ended Friday night, you drop it off at a body shop, and then six weeks later, what.
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 11: Well I kept calling to get any estimate, my estimate, and he said, well I already started working on it. Well wait a minute, I never authorizing any work to be done.
Speaker 5: Did you sign anything when you dropped it off?
Speaker 10: I did not, Okay, keep going, okay, Well.
Speaker 11: I said, well, well it's at his shop. Why will not get the hail damage through my insurance to go down there and look at the hail damage?
Speaker 6: Okay, so you wanted you were getting an estimate on the rear end whoever hits you, and then you're also getting an estimate on the hail damage. It was done during the storm, so two different claims. Yes, okay, so keep going.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 11: Subsequently, he started work without my authorization. Six weeks later, I was able to get the vehicle back. The hell damage wasn't completed the check I know for the hell damage.
Speaker 6: Hey, Dennis, let's talk about the hail damage real quick. Did your insurance company go out and deal with them?
Speaker 11: They went out to Yes, okay.
Speaker 6: And so they were basically going to pay for it. You're just not happy with the job they did. Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Just the hail damage.
Speaker 11: He didn't even complete the heal damage.
Speaker 5: Well, that cast a check, That's what I just said.
Speaker 7: Wait.
Speaker 6: Wait, so the insurance company basically paid him directly on the hail damage.
Speaker 11: They sent a check to him that had was endorsed to me and his company. You could never endorse a check or authorize the work which was not done.
Speaker 6: So he you never signed the check. He kind of phony blown to eat it. Yes, And did you see the canceled check where he did that.
Speaker 11: I've called the insurance company and they told me it has been cash.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't want to get off on that tangent anyhow. So here's where I really want to go. Did he do anything with the hail damage or simply cash a check just for the hail damage and didn't do anything? I understand, And you're not happy he didn't finish, but he did.
Speaker 5: Did he do anything?
Speaker 11: He took the hood off and uh, I got another dent in it from that. But he says he did that hood came back with swirl marks and another dent in it.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he did do something. This is all I'm asking.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to set you up in the trap. All I'm saying is he did do something, but it's absolutely horrible.
Speaker 5: It's a bad job.
Speaker 11: Well, he did nothing to the side.
Speaker 10: Okay, he did nothing to the rough.
Speaker 6: Is he claiming that he didn't get paid from the insurance company on what you're talking about?
Speaker 5: He only got paid for the hood.
Speaker 11: No, he got paid so over seven thousand dollars that the check was.
Speaker 5: Wow, and that's just for the hell damage part. That was just for the hell that that should have been seven grand. That should have fixed it.
Speaker 7: Well, what did he say? Did He says he wants you to bring it back?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, exactly. You go to pick it up, you're looking at it, You're going, what the hell?
Speaker 5: Then what?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, he says, bring it back on a weekend. I'll take care of you. He couldn't even take care of me.
Speaker 5: In six weeks oh wait, wait, wait, wait, did you ever bring it back to him?
Speaker 10: I Am not gonna take it back?
Speaker 5: All right, Hold on, let me take this break.
Speaker 6: We hear this a lot three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five. David's got an issue with an e bike victor, question on shipping cars, and a question on painting A lot more coming up.
Speaker 13: Hold tight, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, one line open three zero three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, this show brought to you by Paul the Waterman, or at least this hour.
Speaker 5: You know what. I bought a water softener from him.
Speaker 6: It was half the price of anybody else and I'm not kidding, but I'm a little mad at him.
Speaker 5: And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 6: Now he's got a system for thirty six hundred bucks or thirty six ninety nine right under thirty seven. Not only does it soften your whole house the water, it gets rid of the chlorine and that's what they treated these plants. And then it gets rid of forever chemicals. And I paid a little less than that, but only mine only softens water. So now he needs to come out and swap out. Now I'm kidding, Paul, but really you can't beat that. You call up these other guys, you're you could be ten to fifteen thousand all day long. But this system he has does it all. You gotta check him out. Waterpros dot net. That's water pros dot net. Paul's the owner, great guy. You'll hear him on the show all the time. He lives and breathes water. Now, Michael, we're gonna go back to you with this van. You brought it to a body shop. The body shop had it for six weeks. You go to pick it up. The hail damage looks absolutely horrible, but you're not going to bring it back to him because it was there so long.
Speaker 5: Is that kind of where you're at?
Speaker 14: That's correct?
Speaker 11: And they shout out to Paul, I have a system with the reverse osmost system, the Cole.
Speaker 6: House well rocket roll man. Oh that's very cool. He's a cool guy, isn't he?
Speaker 10: Yes, he is.
Speaker 11: He is awesome to work with. Great company.
Speaker 6: Yeah, waterpros Dot Now look at you. I'll hire you to do commercials with me. That's pretty cool. No, he's not a paid endorsement. So, Michael, what's the name of this body shop?
Speaker 11: Colorado Fleetworks?
Speaker 6: And are they like they're not like some kind of flim flam place. I mean, do they have decent reviews or what?
Speaker 11: I went That's how I went to him. I went to Google and they showed up the first one and what is it?
Speaker 5: Colorado?
Speaker 7: What fleetwork works?
Speaker 5: Fleetworks?
Speaker 7: Guys looked those up looks.
Speaker 5: So what are they saying now?
Speaker 6: I mean, did they even get a chance to look at what problems you're having? I know you don't want them to fix it, but honestly, I mean that might be your only remedy.
Speaker 11: The whole situation is, you know, he kept coming up with cheeses. Why it wasn't ready? Why you know I had a rental van that because of the rear ring collection, I actually had to paid hundred dollars because he kept it longer than the rental van I was authorized.
Speaker 5: What do you want from this guy right now?
Speaker 11: I'd like just put the money back to the hill damage so I could.
Speaker 7: Get that fixed.
Speaker 6: And it's that bad. Can you send us a picture of it? Because I got an idea. Can you send us a picture fairly quick?
Speaker 5: I have to do that right now. All right, hold on, here's what I want to do. Here's the plan, Michael.
Speaker 6: I want to get that picture and look at it, the three of us sitting in this room.
Speaker 5: I want to see if these guys agree with you.
Speaker 6: It's horrible and we're talking seven thousand dollars and Kelly, God'll drive.
Speaker 11: It down to your studio within the hour.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I want to do that. Send us the picture first.
Speaker 11: I want to see what the picture with the rearing collision, it's even worse. Oh man, you could if you stump a blind at a panel, that's fine, but you stump it in the middle of the panel.
Speaker 5: It's crazy and there was Does he have any excuses? Is he like we had a bad guy or what I mean?
Speaker 11: What what there was over spray over all my windows, the headlights, the whole Vanheadles.
Speaker 5: Does he acknowledge any of that?
Speaker 15: He?
Speaker 11: I haven't dealt with them one I got.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on, Michael, Michael, listen, first things first, send us over that picture. I want to see that picture, than Kelly. I want to try to reach out to them and see their side of the story, but I want to see that picture before we go any further on.
Speaker 16: I did ask him about the pictures. He doesn't have them on the current phone that he's using right now.
Speaker 5: He just told me he has him right now, like literally, is that true, Michael?
Speaker 15: Or of the dail damage right now? You do have well, I could take a picture of.
Speaker 11: It right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I want to pert all right, hold on, Yeah, take a picture of that, send it over and don't don't get rid of them. But I got an idea on this one. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Victor, you're next. You've been waiting the longest. Go ahead, Hey, Victor.
Speaker 10: Oh hey, sorry, I was listening to you. I forgot what I was doing here. Hey, real quick, Thanks, thank you, for everything you guys do have You guys.
Speaker 5: Have helped me out a lot of Thank you for listening, man, and I really mean that thank you.
Speaker 10: No, yeah, great, listen. I heard that there's a company I forget who is It might be Sharton Auto Tech, I don't.
Speaker 7: Remember who it is.
Speaker 10: But you had a company that could go and check a car for a person who is buying the car, and you pay some money and they go and do an inspection in the car.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not mobile though, I mean you mean a pre purchase inspection, correct, But you'll bring the car there right.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know, it's not how they do it.
Speaker 6: Well, you should do it. And let me tell you why. We used to have a company and the guy retired, he was great.
Speaker 5: What was it Auto MDS, Yeah, he was good. Yeah, so they would come out.
Speaker 6: But there's one thing that's a little harder with Well it's not just a little harder. It's hard to look under the entire car when you're mobile. So if you bring it to a shop like Sheridan, they're going to get it up in the air. Who are you looking at buying it from?
Speaker 10: Well it is I'm looking to get a Lexus es three fifty. It's a used car. It's a twenty nineteen with fifty miles on it, and they won twenty five thousand dollars. It's at the BMW on ten ten forty Colorado Boulevard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they should let you bring it over to a shop. I was thinking, so, right, Well, if they don't, don't buy it. If they don't let you check it out, don't buy it under any circumstance exactly.
Speaker 10: I mean, those guys are usually great, but I it's so much money, and I'm going to pay it out right cash, and I'm thinking I should invest a little and trying to figure it out that I'm buying the right.
Speaker 6: Oh, you're crazy not to. So here's what generally happens. So tell me what's involved and what is it? A couple hundred bucks, Kevin, how much is it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 5: We flat rate it, so one hundred and twenty bucks. You're going to check what.
Speaker 7: It's going to go up in the air and it's going to start from bumper to bumper. First we do safety, so we'll check suspension, breaks, lights, things of that sort. Basic tire, yeah, and then we'll start looking to see if there's any accidents because you can tell from the underside, you know, if panels are fixed or anything.
Speaker 4: Do you check fluid levels, it's just from.
Speaker 7: Going we know, we start moving towards fluid leaks. You know, it's a whole process.
Speaker 5: So you're looking for oil leaks, transmission leaks the first.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 7: We'll pull codes as we're working on it, see if there's anything been reset. That's the biggest thing we find.
Speaker 6: Now, how about like an alignment check? Is that part of it? Well, if you see like bad tire, aware we.
Speaker 7: See bad tire where we just assume, you know, and then then a test drive, well we'll top it off.
Speaker 6: And that's only one hundred and twenty Victor. I think that's the way you do it. And here's the deal. If they want twenty five grand, you know, and it needs something that gives you some ammunition to say, hey, bring it down there.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, at the very least, I want to feel good that if I invest that kind of money, well that an investment really, But if I spend that kind of money that I'm getting a decent car.
Speaker 6: That you have to anybody listening out there that buys a used car from anywhere that doesn't get it checked out is absolutely insane.
Speaker 5: And the biggest call we get is.
Speaker 6: They said they checked it out, had a twenty point inspection.
Speaker 5: I mean, how many times we heard that chef? At least I least a millions.
Speaker 10: I've heard it from from your show all the time, and I don't want to make a mistake. I don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 5: No, get it over to Sheridan. He's really good and you won't be that guy.
Speaker 10: So so real quick, because they're there now. I think. So if I go there and let's say I make an appointment and I'm going to be there on Tuesday midday to check the car out, I can tell him what I'm doing, drive it there, But how do I get in first? I mean, you guys have a list of people.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on a second. I got Kevin.
Speaker 6: I know it's a quick question, but I have to take this rule run up against you end. Hold on, I'll come back to you right after this, and then David, and then we're going to try to get that uh picture from Michael.
Speaker 5: Everybody hold type.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five two lines.
Speaker 5: Open real quick. Let's just tell Victor what's going on.
Speaker 6: If somebody wants a pre purchase from you, guys had shared in an auto tech, what do they do?
Speaker 5: Because I understand the question.
Speaker 7: So the logistics we were very sensitive too, because he has to make arrangement to get the car and everything. But we'll give him a two hour window appointment, got it to come in. He says he can wait, go get lunch for whatever.
Speaker 5: Well, but we'll take care of it and you'll check the car out.
Speaker 7: We'll check it out, and we'll make sure he gets in and out and back to the dealer same day.
Speaker 6: And wouldn't you guys agree with me? If a place will not let you take it off site. There's a reject there's not one reason by it walk away.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 6: And the other thing is, even if you buy a certified car, I want to tell everybody something. Now, it's kind of weird, but there's times where the warranty can get voided on a vehicle. So even though let's say it's a three year, thirty six thousand mile manufacturer's warranty and they did something to it, maybe it had, you know, programming something you weren't supposed to do to it, and the dealer finds out, the dealer can go in and literally void the warranty with the manufacturer. So you should always run the ven number two to make sure, not only for the carfax reasons.
Speaker 5: What is the carfax like twenty bucks?
Speaker 7: If you buy I just went through that, you'd buy fourum four hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So if you get a car fax, at least do that.
Speaker 6: If they provide you one, great, but you want to make sure it's up to date and make sure the warranty's there.
Speaker 5: Ye, make sure the warranty is in effect.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying it happens a lot, but we have had calls definitely. In fact, a handful of them over the years where they assumed it was under warranty and it wasn't because it got red flagged in the manufacturers system for whatever reason. And it could be because you know, the wrong fluids we used in it, or I'll tell you one. It was on an F one fifty or a two to fifty. They put a snowplow on the front.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and it's screwed up.
Speaker 6: Avoid yeah, and it's screwed up to suspension and other stuff, and they avoided the warranty basically based on that for a lot of different parts on the vehicle.
Speaker 5: All right, three off, quick question, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Would you suggest before taking it to Showden to take a quick test drive with the with one of the salespeople so that if some if something comes up, they can't say, well, you did it on the way to showdon I wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Worry about not from a dealer.
Speaker 5: Okay, not from a dealer. I mean that would be such a hard stretch.
Speaker 6: Now if you got into an accident, Yeah, I never thought about this guy's on a test drive. They always ask for your license, which I understand. In fact, Doc, you threw a fit somewhere on that.
Speaker 17: I threw a fit because I gave them a copy and and they they wouldn't take it. They want my real license. I remember that, And I said, no, here's a copy of my license. Oh I know why he didn't want to leave his license with him. And you make a very valid point. I've never I don't think I've ever left my license with them. They usually grab it, go back and make a copy.
Speaker 5: That's funny. I just put that together, right. Yeah. And when I said you threw a fit, I.
Speaker 6: Was just thinking, like, you brought in a copy and didn't actually have your license, but they wanted to hold your actual license.
Speaker 5: Yes, that makes sense, that is odd. But when they asked for that, and they also ask for insurance sometimes, I mean, but if you're driving their car, I think it would be their insurance.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 7: I've never provided insurance.
Speaker 4: I've never been asked insurance.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's when you've maybe it's when you finally buy the car.
Speaker 5: Is when they want to proof of insurance.
Speaker 7: For the holder.
Speaker 5: That must be it. Yep, because at some point you always give them the insurance info.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: All right, listen, we got a lot cook and we got two lines open three zero three seven one three A two five five David with the e Byke problem. Michael, here's the deal, Michael, I promise we need to get those pictures, and I want to talk about.
Speaker 5: That body shop.
Speaker 6: If they did that bad of a job, we're going to light them up right here on the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 13: Go with a short Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Three time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Come run in as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 18: Come.
Speaker 19: Six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 5: My friends to the only show It's kind.
Speaker 6: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, try to recoup money. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of We want to hear from you. We always have experts in today we have two great experts. In fact, I really enjoyed doing car Fridays Jeff Vick Kimber Transmission, Kevin Cok and shared in auto tech. You know, it's one of those things everybody in the world you got to have. Well, except for homeless vagabond stuff like that, in general, people have a car and house. You're gonna have problems, or an apartment or something you're gonna have problems with.
Speaker 10: Ted.
Speaker 5: It's amazing.
Speaker 6: Over the years, how many years have you guys been coming in I mean it's been a long time, at least.
Speaker 5: Ten, I think since two thousand and eight. Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 6: I mean we're talking, you're coming up on twenty years and I'm talking coming into the studio. Yeah, it's crazy. I was in your industry, as you both know, for a long time. I was not hands on like you guys. You know how to actually rebuild a transmission. And Kevin you know, I mean you've been a technician your whole life exactly. And you guys are also the business owners. I was yopposite. I came from the computer business. I could literally in that business. I could computers, sell computers, build computers. I could do everything there. But in the car business I was a sales guy. I mean I was the owner, but I was also a sales guy and had managers and stuff at the five different stores. But I might have known in theory how to sell something like I would explain to people, here's a caliber, it looks like a claw, you know, real basic stuff.
Speaker 8: Sometimes though, that gets through to a customer better than if you're talking technically to them.
Speaker 6: Oh god, yes, and that goes for computers too. You've got to come up with a basic way to discuss things. But it's kind of cool when the owners both came from the industry. Didn't you work for a dealership.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a couple of different ones, and a guy had a chain of Texicos back in the day. Wow, And then of stuff.
Speaker 5: Then Jeff, you worked for a transmission builder forever.
Speaker 8: I did was being out here. He was actually on referral list for a long time too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then when he died you took over.
Speaker 7: I took over.
Speaker 5: I just bought it.
Speaker 8: Hung the mission. Well, no, we pretty much had to have them exit. He had some other things going on in the weeds that they did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was an interesting deal. I'm not going to get into it, but wow, what an interesting story. Do you care if I got into that or now?
Speaker 7: Doesn't bother me a bit?
Speaker 6: So the guy blew his head off, right, Yep, I met him once.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: I'm going to tell this story, and I promise I'll get to the phones. Jeremy Michael David. So I was on the referral list with my good Years at that time, and Tom called me. And I was on vacation I think in Florida was Susanne, and my parents and the kids.
Speaker 5: Were real little.
Speaker 6: We were doing the whole Disney ripoff thing. So I get a call from Tom and in that day it was car Friday. In that day was what's his name James. James was in there. And James was questioning something one of my store managers did, and I knew about the situation already.
Speaker 5: I don't even remember what it was.
Speaker 6: But he was like kind of bad mouth in me and I was like, oh, and who is this guy?
Speaker 5: I mean, I've known Tom forever, who's this James guy?
Speaker 6: And it went down and then you know, Tom found out the whole problem was already handled before this even conversation. So I get back into town and he called me. James called me, and he goes, hey, I apologize about that. Blah blah blah. I didn't know you guys took care of that. I didn't know you guys were part of the referral list. And I'm thinking, yeah, whatever, dude, I mean, it was just it was unnecessary and you were one hundred percent wrong.
Speaker 5: So he goes, I'd like to take you to lunch.
Speaker 6: And I'm thinking, well, I've got a couple transmission builders, but where his shop was, that could work out for a few jobs if we had a transmission, because we didn't rebuild them, we would are and arm. I mean, that was it, and we would only do that on certain ones, and that was it. So we meet up at pop a Doze.
Speaker 5: Right over I think it's right around here. It's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: So it was like eleven thirty, eleven thirty noon whatever time, lunchtime, and we sit down. He starts ordering drinks, man, and I'm like, dude, I gotta go back. I can't drink now, but let's have lunch. It was the most unproductive meeting I ever had. The guy was arrogant as hell. I mean he truly was like just so arrogant. I couldn't even believe the guy. I didn't even know why he wanted to go to lunch at this point, I don't even know what he wanted. So then I never dealt with him pretty much never talked to him again. Next thing I knew what happened. He blew his head off, like legitimately committed suicide. Yeah, do you know, Jeffy, you don't want to say anything. I don't know if you know the family.
Speaker 5: But did it retain the business or he was crazy?
Speaker 8: There was a business aspect to it, there was an alcohol and chemical dependency aspect to it.
Speaker 6: Well, I witnessed one of them. I mean I witnessed it. Yeah that's sad, I mean it's sad. But the guy was honestly, he was just I don't what do you think of him? And I digress on this.
Speaker 8: For a lot of years, and he gave me a lot of freedoms to actually really grow in the position I was in.
Speaker 5: Nice. You know, he was pretty much a good boss. He was a good boss. He will he was pretty standale off with me.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know, he would get involved when necessary, but you know, maybe help point out a mistake here and how to correct them. But you pretty much allowed me to learn how to be a business owner without actually taking the risk.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it, and that's good. He was a good man there. I mean, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kelly, did we ever hear back from uh or did Michael ever send those pictures?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 20: I asked you to check your email.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're gonna check it. Send them. Can you send them to Jeff and Kevin so they can look at him as well?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 6: All right, So hold on, Michael, We're going to look at those pictures in a second. Hey David, what's going on with this e bike?
Speaker 5: By the way? One line open? Any questions?
Speaker 6: You have been ripped off taking advantage of three zero three seven, one, three eight, two five five or three oh three Martino?
Speaker 15: David, Hey, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I can hear you a great still.
Speaker 15: I purchased online a fairly expensive e by two years ago. The battery failed outside of outside of the warranty. The manufacturer advised me to ship my battery too down for inspection, which I did they get the battery. They say, yeah, your battery is dead and you'll need a new battery, and they said they had one in stock. They took my credit card for six hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, six hundred bucks. I guess you're pretty big on those e bikes going.
Speaker 15: Seven and they gave me a fifty dollars you know, throwing nickels around like manhole covers. Deal. But long story short, they said they had a battery in stock and took my credit card and then they said, ooks, we don't have that battery. It'll be thirty to sixty days. I said, okay, fine, thirty to sixty days comes and they said, you know another thirty.
Speaker 5: Hey what brand was this bike?
Speaker 15: Out of curiosity, it's ad Motor and it's their big monster hunting style bike.
Speaker 5: Wow, the mac daddy. What's It's an ad Motor wild Tan M fifty six hundred.
Speaker 15: You can google it. It's a it's a real big, powerful e bite and it suits me very well. I really love it. So without the battery, the bike it rendered useless.
Speaker 5: Of course it is.
Speaker 6: So they're about it looks like they're like, what a thousand bucks ish the bicycle.
Speaker 15: No, the bicycle, it was its.
Speaker 5: Okay, I see it, I see it. That is pretty cool. It's got those big mountain tires and stuff. That's cool.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's a monster.
Speaker 6: But it was out of warranty. You shipped it back. They checked it. They said it's dead. And you give them a credit card number, you spend the seven hundred or whatever it is. And I assume at this point you never received it.
Speaker 15: Nope. And now today they after, you know, email, email, you know, they're saying, you know it's coming in February, March whatever. And so they finally on the several emails by then, they said, well, we're just going to refund your your six hundred and fifty bucks back. And I'm telling them, I don't want just my six hundred and fifty bucks back. If I'm not getting a battery, I want all my money back for this bike, because you know, I can't write it, I can't sell it, I can't do anything with it. It's rendered useless.
Speaker 6: Well, of course it is. I mean that's the whole thing. The problem. The problem is it's out of warranty. First of all, i'd get the refund no matter what, and I'll tell you what the battery.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, I understand.
Speaker 6: No no, no, I'm sorry. I misspoke. There, Listen, here's what I'm saying. I'd get the refund. I didn't mean the warranty. I'd get the refund on the credit card for a very specific reason, which is after ninety days you're going to be out of luck if you try to contest it.
Speaker 5: So if it's been less than ninety days, i'd call.
Speaker 6: If they don't give you the refund immediately, i'd call the credit card company. You got plenty of emails back and forth the refund.
Speaker 15: I'm not looking for a refund on the on.
Speaker 6: This my god, David, David, I promise you I'm smarter than I. Look, here's what I'm saying to you, get that money back, then order it again on the credit card to see if you can get it, and then we will have someone call over there as well, if they actually have a phone number, to try to help you. But what I'm saying is just in case, I would hate for you to be out not only the bike, because without a battery you're basically out the bike, but you're also out another seven hundred bucks. So I'm saying, get the refund, then reorder it. That way you'll be protected again for that ninety days, ninety new days.
Speaker 15: Let me finish though. Sure they're automatically send back my refund. Oh God, asking for a refund, I want, I want the battery. They're just going to send the refund and just clap their hands on it. Now I'm stuck with a bicycle, that is.
Speaker 6: So you're saying it's not hold on, hold on, you're saying it's not back ordered.
Speaker 5: They simply quit make it. What are they saying?
Speaker 15: Yeah, So when I bought this bike, their website was full of accessories, including extra batteries, and it looked like, you know, it was a you know, a whole thing.
Speaker 10: Well, they don't make them now, they don't offer them.
Speaker 15: They they wipe this bike essentially from their inventory, and you cannot get parts for it. You can't get a battery for it.
Speaker 5: It's only too Did you ever get your old one back?
Speaker 15: No, they wouldn't ship my old one back to uh uh, you know, because it's because it's a lithium battery. They won't ship it back. They told me to ship it, and then they said they can't ship it back because because it's damaged or whatever, and they can't. So I don't even have any kind of a battery at all. I don't even have one that I could take to somebody and say, hey, can you rebuild this because they kept it. They advised me to send it to them, and then they kept it because it hazardous shipping.
Speaker 5: I understand what you're saying. I mean, you're not supposed to ship.
Speaker 7: The manufacturer of the battery. Is it possible to go to the manufacturer?
Speaker 5: It's all Chinese stuff?
Speaker 7: Man, Well, Lit's online Sampson.
Speaker 15: Yeah. Yeah, the batteries are made in China.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 15: And that's what they're saying, is that you know their manufacturer is working on this diligently, and I'm not.
Speaker 5: Sure what we could do. I mean us reaching out to some company in the middle of.
Speaker 6: Nowhere if you had the old one, I was going to ask these guys, can you take a casing? Do you know of a place that could actually refurbish a battery? I don't think so, at least not at any kind of effective cause, at.
Speaker 7: Least not a lithium style.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I don't know any of that either myself.
Speaker 10: But what I'm asking.
Speaker 15: Is is there a consumer protection? No?
Speaker 6: No, I'll tell you what you're up against. You're up against you're out of warranty. That's the problem. If you were under warranty.
Speaker 15: I'm looking for my my like to be operational. They sold me. They especially sold me an appliance that timed out in fewer than two years.
Speaker 5: David, I understand it, and it sucks.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is the only consumer protection that you might have. First of all, it's like pulling teeth, but it's something. But the whole deal is it's.
Speaker 5: Had a warranty. I get it. You don't want it warrantied. You want to pay for it.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying, though, is they stood up to the warranty they guaranteed when you sold it. And that's what I'm saying. That's why it's an uphill battle.
Speaker 8: But if you can manage to get that old battery back, there is a place here. There is a place right here in Denver, Heigh c Battery that specializes in refurbishing a lithium batteries.
Speaker 6: They can refurbish a lithium battery, but he doesn't have the.
Speaker 7: Old way, and they specialize in electric bike batteries.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, David, do you think there's got to be a way to ship a lithium battery? They might not want to do it like x air, but there's got to be a way to get it shifted.
Speaker 7: They shipped it to get it here to Colorado? Begin with it?
Speaker 5: Where did you where? Where did you ship it to?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 5: What? What state?
Speaker 15: I slipped at the California? I shipped it through the ups?
Speaker 6: Okay, so here's what I hold on. Just hold on a second. Two things.
Speaker 5: One, I got to take a break to Jeff grabbed their number.
Speaker 6: I would love to try to get them on air to figure out if that's how it works. I mean, that's that's that's incredible to me. And then Jeremy and Michael, you guys still hold on. We're gonna look at Michael's pictures. Did you guys get them of the car? And then I think I'm gonna turn this one over to a deputy David, and we're going to have someone make a call on your behalf to maybe just try to get the old one back. I mean, if they can't do anything, here's what I'm afraid of. They threw it out hold.
Speaker 13: On go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, we got a lot of cooking here. I did not get to look at those pictures over the break, did you.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 5: Let's look at them real quick and we'll bring Michael back up. Let's see. I'm sorry, everybody.
Speaker 6: What I'm looking at is a picture Kelly sent me from a guy that says a body shop charged him seven thousand dollars for hell damage and it's a absolutely horrible Well, I'm not going to say it's here's the problem. I'm not gonna say it's the word. It's not what I thought I was going to look at did you guys.
Speaker 8: Get it's also a gloomy day, so at least something to be desired for these pictures?
Speaker 5: It sure does, and that's the problem. Plus it's hard to see those real little hail ones. I mean, I remember shopping for a little car one time and all the pictures of it didn't show any hail, and I show up and it did. Ah jeez. Let me go back to him.
Speaker 6: Hey, Michael, we're going to try to call over there and talk to him. All right, Okay, do you know the phone number for.
Speaker 5: Him, Colorado Fleet hold on. I want you to give it to Kelly. Kelly.
Speaker 6: I want you to try to get Colorado Fleet on and tell them. You know, we've got a caller. You know how to get a company on. Let's get him on the air. Let's hear their side the only problem I'm having, and I'll bring Michael well. Kelly's got him. He's not giving him an opportunity to fix it. And I understand why they had it for six weeks. He doesn't think they can possibly do it right. And when they handed it back to him in bad shape. Although I don't know, I don't think the picture showed it.
Speaker 5: What do you guys think, Like.
Speaker 8: I said, with a gloomy day like that, maybe it's worse than it is.
Speaker 5: But I mean, do you see anything wrong with it?
Speaker 8: I mean you definitely see some spots, sure, okay, but you definitely can't tell what he was talking about where they blended the paint and whatnot.
Speaker 6: Let's try to get that guy back on and hopefully, Hey, that's what we do.
Speaker 5: We try to work that out. Now, what's question on speed? Question? Speed? Wait a minute, we got to go back to David.
Speaker 6: Hey, David, we found a place that can actually referb that battery if you can get it back. But what I want I would like Deputy Scott is did Deputy Scott report for duty? Does anybody know? Hey, Deputy Scott email me if you did. I want to put you on this. We're gonna have him reach out to that company in California. When you call up there. I mean, they're local, right, there's like a human you can talk to.
Speaker 15: They're out of California.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, that's what I'm saying. So they're just ordering everything. I see the bind. I understand everything going on. You've got a worthless bike, literally it's worthless, although you can get more exercise without the battery, so there's that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but it's not as much fun.
Speaker 5: No, it's not as much. I have one too.
Speaker 6: It's not quite as beefy as yours, but it's very close and it's actually awesome. Does that one? When it works? Can you do throttle only and you don't have to pedal?
Speaker 10: Oh? Yeah you can, yup.
Speaker 14: It's very powerful.
Speaker 15: It's a mid dry thousand Wanton motors.
Speaker 14: Wow, it's it'll fawing.
Speaker 15: Just about anything, and it's just you know, it just it'll roll over anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's cool. So listen, I'm gonna put Deputy Scott on it. I need all your in information. Don't hang up. Kelly's gonna get it. We're going to email it over to him, and then he's going to contact you and want at least you to email him a copy of the receipt for the bike, maybe a copy of the shipping for the battery, you get the idea, whatever he needs, all right, yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 5: Right, hold tight.
Speaker 6: Hopefully it's a big enough company they care about their name, and we'll try it that way first, and if that doesn't work, long as they answer the phone, we can put them on blast.
Speaker 5: I don't want to do that right now. Do you guys know what that means?
Speaker 6: That means I have all of our listeners, our YouTubers, our facebookers, literally you know, reach out to him and give them a true.
Speaker 7: On air, ask him a question.
Speaker 6: Sure, yeah, exactly, text them a nice question. But let's see if we can't do it. That would suck, wouldn't it.
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 5: Have you guys ever been.
Speaker 7: Seem like there's some way that somebody can modify batteries, you know, because they.
Speaker 6: Are found a place they specialize in e bikes. How much did they say how much it is to refirm?
Speaker 7: No, I'm sure it depends on what you do.
Speaker 5: I think it would be understaid an hundred.
Speaker 7: I would hope so.
Speaker 5: And it's lithium. Yeah, I didn't even know you could do.
Speaker 7: Even if they can't get the old one, there's got to be some way to modify another one to work on this bike. As long as you can meet.
Speaker 5: The specs, well, they clip in.
Speaker 7: That's the big I understand they may have to be a separate mounting or something something something, but I mean, this can't be the first time that the battery is obsolete on one of these integral batteries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on mine.
Speaker 6: I can't imagine how you would It would cost more just to modify that battery because you got the rail and then it like slips in and then you push it down and there's like six prongs that plug in and it rides that rail going up. I mean it would be anything's possible. Yep, but my got you can buy another bike at some point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: Did you guys ever work on a car where you simply couldn't get a part for it?
Speaker 7: The obsoletely mean one you go, I'm sure, well no, I mean, you know a ten year old you know with a tip of module, you know, he just can't get We went through the hell's a tippa integrated control modules. So basically it's a it's a it's a solid state relay board, if you will. And if it goes out, what well it goes out, the fuel pump won't work or wait, that's it. It can be any number of things. We had. One had a transmission issue because the tip went down.
Speaker 5: You're saying, if someone what what kind of vehicle are they dodge?
Speaker 7: Ten year old dollars?
Speaker 6: You have one of these and the tip of module goes out. You basically have a car.
Speaker 5: That won't run.
Speaker 8: It may not run, or the transmission man up malfunction, or a four wheel drive might not work. It depends on the failure on it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Now those places that do we build them? How much is that generally?
Speaker 8: It will depends on what the popularity in the market, So it's almost like a cluster.
Speaker 5: You'd have to send it out to someone, they rebuild it, and then you get it back. So it's like a motherboard.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but in that respect, we went through five before we found a good one.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. So there is it a big issue with Dodge.
Speaker 8: It's not just Dodge, it's most of the manufactors all we work. Dodge is a big problem because they absolute things quick.
Speaker 5: That is crazy.
Speaker 7: I read a work around when we had to wire relays separately from the board.
Speaker 6: All right, hey, Kelly, you got all that information on uh David, right, I do? Yeah, cool, And we're going to send that to Scott. I don't know if he's listening, but let me know and make sure he got it, because I'd love for him to give him a call today if he's on duty.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and I do have an update on Colorado fleetwork.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you you called over to them.
Speaker 20: I did if you talked.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold tight, we're going to get that update.
Speaker 6: We're gonna find out why these guys said they did the I assume it was paintless.
Speaker 5: Hey, was it paintless? Don't repair, Michael, I assume it was.
Speaker 15: I don't know how he was going to repair.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, it had to be paintless.
Speaker 6: Stand But we're going to find out what they said to Kelly, and I hope they were polite, but we're gonna find out after this.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a second on until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight, two, five to five. You know the problem with those electric bikes.
Speaker 6: They're electric bikes. I mean it's like a motorcycle. I love ours, but.
Speaker 4: But you get no exercise using them.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So there's two ways to use them.
Speaker 6: One it's assist, so you have to pedal, and then you can set doc how hard you want to pedal, And that's how most of them are. But mine actually as a free wheeler, which means I can just go And the problem with that is generally if we go on, like we haven't done it for a while, but like twelve miles is nothing, and by the time we're getting back home, I'm just like, I'm nothing but gas.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not using the peddling, So I don't know. They're kind of cool though. That one that guy had looked really cool. Where do we leave off, gentlemen, Oh, yeah, we've got a couple of things here. One Kelly reached out to that body shop what is it, Colorado Fleet.
Speaker 16: What it's called Colorado Fleet Works Works, and you talked to him.
Speaker 5: Did you bring up our caller Michael? Do they know who he is?
Speaker 20: I didn't even get a chance to do that.
Speaker 5: You didn't why.
Speaker 16: I got as far as hello, how are you. I'm Kelly, and I'm calling from the Tom Martine Troubleshooter radio show.
Speaker 20: Click just like that, just like that, just like that, just.
Speaker 16: Like that, and then like that, and then I called him back because you know, obviously we got disconnected. So I called him back and I left him a very nice voicemail.
Speaker 5: Well answering, Well, no, wait a minute, what kind of voicemail would you say?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 16: I said, you know, I believe we got disconnected. We'd still love to talk with him.
Speaker 6: So you weren't being you weren't being facetious. You left him a nice voicemail I did. Thank god, you know what what number did you call?
Speaker 4: Kelly?
Speaker 6: Because I would like other people to leave him a nice voicemail. I really think that would help in this case, because Michael's van looks horrible. All I want to do is figure out what's going on. So let's do this in two parts. One, I would like people to call up and give him, you know, an on air review.
Speaker 5: Really, don't be mean, there's nothing to do with this.
Speaker 20: No, it's very nice.
Speaker 6: I think the owner, I think the owner deserves to know. We don't know if that's an employee answering, they really should know how they're treating Michael, at least according to Michael, and then how they treat anybody that just calls up, which is crazy. He didn't have to come on air. I mean, I love when they come on air. It shows a lot of character. But I mean we just wanted some information.
Speaker 20: Well that's what I was trying to get out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there was nothing though, Just click, you said, Tom Martinez, show click, click click, unbelievable, what listener, What number did you call?
Speaker 20: So the number that he gave me and this the.
Speaker 6: Caller Michael, Michael. But when they answered it was Colorado Fleetwork.
Speaker 20: His name is Mike.
Speaker 5: So you called Mike Colorado Fleetworks at.
Speaker 16: Three oh three yep, five zero zero yeah, five one zero five, fifty one fifty no five one zero five five.
Speaker 4: One zero five five.
Speaker 5: I got it backwards. Fifty one oh five, three oh three, five hundred five to one oh five correct.
Speaker 6: And that's the number where the guy hung up on you. And that's the number where when Michael, you went and picked up your van and I saw the pictures and it just looks horrible. Those pictures you sent me, they're almost impossible to see the hell, but if you drove it up here, it's everywhere.
Speaker 15: Right, Oh, definitely.
Speaker 5: How far are you from here? You offered that before.
Speaker 11: How far are you what's your location?
Speaker 10: Were?
Speaker 6: Well, Kelly, you'll give that. I don't want to give it off air, but we're basically in the tech center. We're like Bellevue and twenty five.
Speaker 11: Dude, okay, thirty minutes.
Speaker 6: All right, hold on, I want to see the van in person, or I want you guys to check it out.
Speaker 7: You know, they do have another number on their website.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but we'll just go with the number he gave us because that's what he dealt with. But people, when you call up Colorado Fleet Works, ask for Mike, or ask for the owner or ask for the manager.
Speaker 5: That's what you should do, and.
Speaker 7: Just be nice.
Speaker 6: Say, look, you know this guy Michael. You guys worked on his van. He picked it up, and it's just in horrible, horrible shape, simple as that. It's in horrible shape. It doesn't look good.
Speaker 5: I'm going to verify that when he's here in a half hour, one of us will.
Speaker 6: And then we'll kind of go from there. I mean, I don't know why they would just hang up like that. They don't have to come on the air. We love it when they come on there, but they don't have to. You know, we're not the cops, and you don't even got to talk to the cops. Quite frankly, Hey, Jeremy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: And Wilma?
Speaker 6: You'll be next two lines open in a second three zero three seven one three eight two five five three oh three, Martino, any questions. You've been ripped off over three hundred million dollars we've recovered, Wilma, what's going on with you? Hey, Wilma, WoT my hat?
Speaker 18: Jam?
Speaker 6: Hold on a second, Wilma, I am so sorry. I meant to go to Jeremy. Jeremy, I apologize. If you call back, I promise I'll pop you on first. I just whatever, I hit the wrong button, to be quite honest, I had a long night. So, so what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Wilma?
Speaker 12: Okay? So I bought this twenty sixteen janc Ganali terrain dar two. Okay, good, great, all right? And then last year the chick engine like came on.
Speaker 6: So it's a twenty twenty two Denali sixteen twenty sixteen, twenty sixteen, Denali.
Speaker 7: She bought it in twenty two.
Speaker 12: Oh, I got it, and I only had like I only had like when I bought it. I had ninety one thousand miles on it.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 12: So so everything was run great until last year. The check engine I came on and I took it to several different places. I said, Oh, it's the timing team. You have to take it to dealership.
Speaker 5: Well that's not true, but okay, okay.
Speaker 12: So I took it the short line GMC on Havana okay, and they replaced it. And then after that then I had no get up and go. So they took it back and they're saying, oh, well, you need an exhaust, sell me need a manifold.
Speaker 10: All this so.
Speaker 5: They're trying to sell you everything under the sun.
Speaker 12: Basically, yes, all right, hold on a thousand dollars on that I got you.
Speaker 5: Hold on, Wilma, We're going to dig into the story. I get it.
Speaker 6: I mean, she's definitely unhappy with whatever is going on, and we'll get to it right after this.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five, we do have two lines open three oh three Martino. So Wilma, and I promise Jeremy your next No matter what I talked to you off air, Wilma, you're twenty sixteen Denali who told you it needed a timing chain?
Speaker 12: Well, first I told me that it was MIAs that offers like pilots in being.
Speaker 5: Okay, and then they said to bring it to the dealership to.
Speaker 10: Me a solenoid.
Speaker 12: First they told me a selenoids, and that was that was it might still have to.
Speaker 10: Put it okay.
Speaker 12: Then after doing that, then they're the one just said that. And then when I called it, I think everybody start saying, well, if you really wanted done, right, take it to a doer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I disagree with that, but that doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you some wilma. Was it just the check engine like coming on? Was the vehicle still running?
Speaker 12: Okay, yes, yes it was.
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 9: Why would then.
Speaker 5: Hold on a second twenty sixteen dollars?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 6: Why would they do a sylenoid? I mean, I'm not saying they should have or wouldn't have. Is there a code they might have pulled it?
Speaker 5: Sylenoid?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's called a VBT solenoid, okay, because it actually adjusts the camshaft timing inside the motor through that solenoid. So if the timing's off, do do a list necessarily off or anything. But it's not correlating properly. So that's what the computer sees.
Speaker 5: So you might have thrown a solenoid in it too.
Speaker 7: Well, I would have started with a solenoid depending on what we found, but that's that's not uncommon to start there.
Speaker 5: Okay, So then they told you at that point to do what?
Speaker 12: So then I get the timing chain and then like a two days later I had no get up and go. I'm not kidding you, aftergot the car back. It's like I could barely get to forty miles an Now.
Speaker 6: Hey, Wilma, I'm sorry, but they did not miight, just didn't do the timing chain, did.
Speaker 10: They No, it was MC short short Line.
Speaker 5: Thank you, so short Line.
Speaker 6: Did you like how long after you had the solenoid done did you go to short Line?
Speaker 12: Probably the next couple of days.
Speaker 6: Excellent, so you bring it over there. And how much did you pay for the timing chain repair?
Speaker 12: That was around four thousand?
Speaker 5: That sound right, guys, that's in line.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's pretty and I don't care about the price as long as they did everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so then you then you pack it up.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then, like I said, a week later, then I had no get up and go. It was only going to forty hours hour. So I took it back into them the short line. And then that's when they said, oh, well, you need a whole new exhaust stuff, you need new manicles, you need this they guess, which came up to over eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, there's.
Speaker 21: A fine yep.
Speaker 12: Okay. After they did that, they cars I had to wait.
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait, wait wait wait wait wait you did the eight thousand dollars worth of work. Yeah, plus the four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you're twelve grand in was short line at this point.
Speaker 12: At that point, yes, everything, I swear.
Speaker 6: If you're not going to tell me that it was nice and running well, at this point, my head's going to explode.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 10: Well, this was all done in July.
Speaker 12: Okay here okay. So then in December, all of a sudden they checked the engine light was coming on. They didn't get me in until like January third. Take it in January third, they finally could get their little thing. You need a whole new engine.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. What did they say was wrong with it?
Speaker 12: They didn't know. They just said it's seating up a lot of oil. So then I put picked to this guy on the ninth. It's called home Old BnB Automotive in Lakewood.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 12: He picked up my car on January ninth and he said, yeah, you need a new engine. And he kind of went through it and he said, oh, there's oil. I mean there's gasing oil. I don't know how gasoline could get my when somebody poured it in there the ring and.
Speaker 5: Keep going with.
Speaker 12: So then I purch it's a brand new engine. And then plus he put in all this other stuff they came up to over the tune of fifteen thousand dollars. How m I'll find you he had my car from over fifteen thousand.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, Wilma, I want to give you so much time. It's crazy, and I'm going to be up against the bumper. I promise we're gonna we're gonna do everything we can to help you. If I'm adding upright, she's at twenty eight thousand ish.
Speaker 7: I hope she doesn't still.
Speaker 6: Oh on this car, Oh my god, this is just horrible. What could possibly be going on?
Speaker 5: Hang tight?
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best ruffer Exceling dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 1: Off news you need so you don't have come running as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 19: Come, man, this is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, welcome.
Speaker 5: Welcome, my friends to the only show of it's kind. I'll say it like this.
Speaker 6: We get involved with your everyday problems. You've been ripped off by a contractor maybe you have a bad attorney. I mean we can even help you with that. We can help you with virtually anything in life.
Speaker 5: And I'm not kidding.
Speaker 6: We've got a list of professionals we deal with every single day, like Kevin Cokin share it an auto tech in studio with me today. Also Jeff Fick, deputy doc to my right. What is a deputy I'll tell you. A deputy is someone that helps people. I'm gonna tell you a little bit about deputy doc when he's not here helping us on the air at three Zho three Martino or helping us. I mean you do a lot of course off the air, Doc, but you also work at AARP.
Speaker 17: Yes, AARP has a fraud helpline, fraud Fighter exactly, which is very similar to this.
Speaker 4: Accept this from all over the country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's mostly probably a little older.
Speaker 4: Oh again, it's so much older.
Speaker 17: And you know the difference is we get a lot of local businesses contract is landscaping, the stuff from AARP that I ten nationwise, JED is more computer fraud, medicaid fraud, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: What is the biggest one that not just you over there, Kat, but in general, would you say, is the biggest call coming.
Speaker 5: In to that AARP hotline?
Speaker 6: Computer fraud meaning they got snookeered into calling a number or anything to do with it.
Speaker 4: Well, no, people, they'll see, you know your computer has a virus.
Speaker 7: Yep, that kind of.
Speaker 5: Call this number, call exactly, and then all of a sudden they get charged on their credit card or they get their bank accounts wiped out, wiped out. What's the most outrageous one?
Speaker 6: I mean, we've had calls in to hear sixty seventy thousand in outright front.
Speaker 5: One woman. I'll never forget this one. She thought she was dealing.
Speaker 6: She was like in her sixties or seventies, and she was an old sixty I'm remembering her picture. I think she was in her seventies. Is that that's not nice?
Speaker 10: Say?
Speaker 5: Is it an old sixties? But whatever?
Speaker 6: But she thought this like thirty five forty five year old dude from Europe was courting her and she had the text going back and forth, and he took five thousand and then ten thousand and he was going to fly out and marry her, and La la la, And you hear these stories, you just can't believe him. You can't believe it, it's even possible.
Speaker 17: What I find most extraordinary is that not only is it a romance scam, but it's a romance scam with a celebrity. I've had country music singers, I've had Paul Simon.
Speaker 5: Everything, everything, and they really think it, so.
Speaker 4: Believe that these celebrities are going to marry them.
Speaker 6: Yep, folks listening, Never give your bank account out, Never buy a gift card for anybody unless you're buying it and giving it to you know who, wimever.
Speaker 4: And you just don't leave a celebrity wants to be involved with.
Speaker 6: You pretty much. Never believe that's a good one, Doc. It's funny we even have to say that, But in this day and age, you do, and with AI it's going to get worse. It's going to get to the point where you know you're talking to Paul Newman or whomever I don't even think he's.
Speaker 4: Alive's dead, but Paul Simon's still alive.
Speaker 5: Paul Simon.
Speaker 6: All right, folks, listen, This hour brought to you by Frank Duran, the real estate man. One of the best real estate people I've ever met my life. In fact, Denver Metro he is the best. Frank sells more homes.
Speaker 4: Listen this.
Speaker 6: Frank sells more homes in one month than most realtors selling Colorado in an entire year.
Speaker 5: Think about that.
Speaker 6: It's an incredible stat and he sells him for more money. And he's the nicest guy you're ever gonna meet. He will actually do a one hundred percent free evaluation on your house. He's gonna he looks at it like this. You want to know how much it's worth. He's gonna come out. He's gonna run the entire gamut. He's gonna tell you. He's gonna do the comps. He'll give you a full report. It's all free. There's no pressure to sell it. He doesn't care if you're selling it now or not.
Speaker 5: But he knows.
Speaker 6: He gets to meet you, give you the free report, and when you go to sell it in a couple of years or ten years. You know who to call, and you're not gonna call him just for that. You're gonna call him because he's the best. Frank Durant Holmes dot com. Now this one's crazy.
Speaker 7: Wilma.
Speaker 6: Wilma basically has a two thy sixteen Denali. She brought it I believe the first place was Midas. They sold her a solenoid, which is like the cheapest part of this. Then she brought it over to short line GMC. Short line charged your four thousand dollars for a timing chain kit. I would I would think that was back in what month, Wilma, That was back in July, So in July of last year short line. Then the vehicle was okay for a little bit, right quick, and then you brought it to where where did it go next?
Speaker 12: Back back to short line and that's when they put in I knew exhausts some minute water pump is all of a sudden, my water pumps supersonally had a leak, even though a looking before.
Speaker 5: How much was it at that point?
Speaker 6: So you have four you have four thousand, and then how much was the water pumping all eighth?
Speaker 12: That was.
Speaker 5: How much?
Speaker 10: Eight eight thousand?
Speaker 6: But that wasn't the engine. No, So now we're twelve thousand. Now we're this is unbelievable. Now, I mean you're basically getting kicked in the face. So there's twelve thousand there.
Speaker 21: Then how long after that a single one?
Speaker 12: They always take it in.
Speaker 6: It's crazy, well not everybody, but anyhow, So twelve thousand dollars, Now what what when does the engine? How many months later does that damn check engine like come back on in December? So and I'm sorry the eight thousand was when guys, that was in July as well. July, so that happened quick. So then in December, And then where did you bring it in December? Did you actually bring it back to short line or you brought it to that other place?
Speaker 12: I took it back to the short line that was generally thirty couldn't get it in, so I took it in there. That's when they said I need a homeo engine. I said, well, I'm just going to give a friand and going. One's really good, except for you know the check engine. Lie.
Speaker 5: It run's very good, except that needs an engine. This is really short line.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And I mean sometimes it run like you know, because like when we were sitting at a line. You know, how these old trucks are, you know, kind.
Speaker 7: Of how many miles around this before the engine went? How many miles?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 12: Well, when I took it the Humble, it had ninety nine thousand, eight hundred money, so.
Speaker 5: Listen, one hundred thousands. So you bring it over there.
Speaker 6: He says it needs an engine too, Yes, And how much did he quote you? That's the fourteen thousand and ten.
Speaker 12: Thousand, ten thousand to the engine and the work and everything else.
Speaker 5: So ten thousand, okay?
Speaker 12: And he said yeah, and he said be a three year warranty, a limited monels.
Speaker 6: So at this point, at this point, you have twenty two thousand in it. How much did you buy it for?
Speaker 12: Eighteen thousand?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I almost feel like I'm being had.
Speaker 6: Is this really You've got forty thousand dollars into twenty sixteen?
Speaker 5: Donari?
Speaker 17: Correct?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 12: And he talked me into putting in the moment because he goes, you're going to really love it. It's going to be just like a brand of car, Just like a brand of car. So mind you, I didn't even get to check my car on January nine, Humble. And then how do you spell that in January, it's humm l and then it's the B and B. I don't know what's the B and b autumnt, but it's in liquid. And so then I got to cut back on the third of first of January.
Speaker 5: January, go ahead, crash.
Speaker 12: Back after the ninth, and then it was running good somewhat kind of not you know it, let me.
Speaker 5: Okay running okay? Is running okay? You just put a new engine?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well explain no before you go any further, explain okay, like when you come to a stop, is it idling?
Speaker 5: Rough? What does okay mean?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 12: No, I don't don't all right start the perfectly fine. It's just he kind of messed with the transmission because I could tell, I mean, it's still you can get in give, but it's not, and I have to kind of take it even further. I don't know, my god, that transmission. But so then mind you, he took it back on the nineteenth to do his a little two week checkup, uh February, and then on the twenty second, might check engine light came on and then all of a sudden, no traction that looks like you know what they were what the signe came on on my dashboard and everything, and once again it was going like that, and it was like, this was a branding engine, which should nothing doing.
Speaker 5: So you brought it back? What happened?
Speaker 12: And so he came and towed it. On the twenty second, I still don't have my car.
Speaker 5: He has it now?
Speaker 12: Yeah, he stills my car?
Speaker 5: And what is he saying? I'm gonna be kay.
Speaker 12: When I call, I'll never get an answer. I always chext him. And then this is when I think it's funny. I found watched this and side engine, like what how did this happen?
Speaker 5: Sound?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 12: I don't think? Yeah, I'll rat I think at many change that told.
Speaker 10: My and he goes.
Speaker 12: I was like you no, no, I've never had any animal.
Speaker 5: What he's saying needs to be repaired on it?
Speaker 12: Okay, hasn't said any patre And how long has he had it now since the twenty second of February.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, hold on, Wilma, I like, I cannot believe what I'm hearing. This is just insane. This is why you use people like on our referral list. I mean, this is crazy.
Speaker 6: I think the only one I'm really not mad at because we talked about it was Midas who put a sylenoid in because.
Speaker 7: It had that, and then they bailed. They were smart, And then if it.
Speaker 5: Was truly consuming oil.
Speaker 6: In my humble opinion, I think short Line kind of okie doked her twelve grand worth of stuff.
Speaker 5: But how would you tell if it was burning oil? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, once you pull those solenoids out a lot of times there's metal flake on them, and if you see that, then you can it's it's an indicator. But they wouldn't have been able to see him because Midas had already changed it.
Speaker 6: She's got forty thousand into this and this guy since February, so not too long. But yet you know, yeah, and and no news and now he's not answering is that correct? He's not answering the phone, Wilm or texting you or.
Speaker 12: What every time I called him?
Speaker 6: Okay, does he does he actually have a shop or did you bring it to like, uhcross streets from us?
Speaker 5: You know where he?
Speaker 15: Do?
Speaker 10: You know this guy?
Speaker 15: Kevin?
Speaker 7: Of him?
Speaker 15: You know of him?
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, this is getting more interesting.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three eight two five y five. I am like, if you're watching on if you're watching on.
Speaker 5: YouTube, I am convinced.
Speaker 6: And luckily enough, Dragon's behind the glass now, and Dragon, you are Michael Brown's producer.
Speaker 7: That is correct.
Speaker 6: And I won't say every day that's not true. It's not every day I come in. At some point the mic literally falls. It would fall into my lap if it didn't have a cable. So now I'm pretty much stuck holding this thing until I stand up and fix it. And I am almost sure he does it on purpose.
Speaker 22: Now we know that that is a new mic arm that's a bit Shannon put that one on three four months ago.
Speaker 5: Well, how is it possible.
Speaker 22: Then Michael does not touch the mic whatsoever. So you you, on the other hand, you do tend to move around quite a bit, and I'm trying to stall here so.
Speaker 5: That you can get that but tested, and that's not working very well.
Speaker 22: Oh my god, Michael has he's hands off at this point.
Speaker 5: He doesn't touch the damn thing anymore. Does it come off on him too?
Speaker 22: It used to, but not anymore. Like I said, he doesn't touch it. You, on the other hand, you like to travel with it and go over here and go.
Speaker 6: I just can't believe this. I honestly can't believe this. Okay, that's fine. Now, I feel like I'm a singer. Good fine, I don't care. I'll be a singer for a little bit.
Speaker 7: Okay, Freddie Mercury.
Speaker 6: Now here's Sadia Wilma Wilmost got a big problem, guys, Jeff Fick, Kevin Kulkan.
Speaker 5: By the way, we have a couple of.
Speaker 6: Lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino, any car questions or if you've been ripped off anything, any help you need. We love hell helping people disappeared again. Now what's interesting. What's interesting is Kevin, you know of this shop, and I'm not trying to throw you in the bus.
Speaker 7: He's been there a while, he's he's busy.
Speaker 5: And what's it called B and B.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Humbles B and B.
Speaker 5: Humbles B and B.
Speaker 7: He used to be BE and B tire and then somehow Humble got associated B and B tied.
Speaker 5: And he did an engine. Uh, he did an engine.
Speaker 6: Basically, you got it back in January, right, Wilma, Yes, So she gets it back in January, and now we don't know what's going on besides this guy what's his.
Speaker 5: Name, Stuart.
Speaker 6: Stuart says something about a bird snaster or a rat snaster a mouse like it's not like it's something that's your fault or somebody else's fault, mother nature.
Speaker 5: But he hasn't told you what's wrong with it, right, because he texts.
Speaker 12: Me saying that, you know, while he's doing this in that cars like anyhow I know this any squeaking or any scratching or anything else.
Speaker 6: Okay, well well yeah, okay, listen, I want to tell you. I want to get one thing out of the way, and then I doubt I'll do it again, but I might. But listen, this isn't really for you, it's for everybody listening. To put forty thousand into this twenty sixteen is insane. But the problem is, and I know what happened to Welma. You spend the eight, then you spend the four that's twelve thousand with short line, and then you're like, oh my god, I want to just yeah, you're already stuck.
Speaker 7: What do I do?
Speaker 5: So she just got buried? But at some point you got to use the reputable shop.
Speaker 6: Guys, I want to ask you what do you think is going on with and now I know you're not looking at it or anything, but tell me what your thoughts are on the chain of events.
Speaker 5: She's been to three different places and she still has nothing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, as far as the word is now, if he's mentioning rodent nests, there may be an electrical issue causing misfires, you know, where something may have gotten in and eaten the harm something.
Speaker 5: So hopefully it's not an engine. Maybe there actually is something like that.
Speaker 12: Well possibly you know it was actually the engine. Yeah, because I'm just guessing I didn't have any get up to go again when and I was sitting at a light when it all happened, and when all this came on and going like that, a can that's the engine. It has nothing to do with electrical I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Well, I may not be a mechanic, but Wilma, Wilma, you can't well listen listen.
Speaker 6: I had to put you on hold for a second. I get you're very flustered. But the deal is an electrical issue actually could cause something like that. But I don't know what this guy's doing. I'm hoping he's fixing it. But honestly, I want you to listen to this. If a rat or a squirrel chewed through a wiring harness, it could create all kinds of stuff, right.
Speaker 7: Guys, because it missfire.
Speaker 6: But it sounds to me Wilma, you were saying, was it to the point where it wouldn't go over forty again?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean literally it would stop at forty.
Speaker 12: It was very hard to get it over forty.
Speaker 15: Correct.
Speaker 12: It takes a long time before if you know, you can get up to forty within like three seconds.
Speaker 6: Here's what I'd like to do. I'm a little I'm running a little back, Kelly. I want you to get the number for Hummeles B and BA from her, and let's see if we can't get Stewart on. Well, that's what I'm saying. She's going to get it from you. Hold on a second, and then we're going to come back. Let me get caught up on these breaks, and more importantly, let me fix my microphone and we'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Let's get them on the air, though, I want to know why.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Kelly, I believe is in there talking to uh Hummel's B and B right now. I'd love to hear what's going on with his vehicle. I'm not sure if he's done anything wrong or not, But I know one thing. Uh, Wilma has spent a ton of money, and I mean a ton of money on this vehicle, and at this point.
Speaker 5: I'd just like to know how we get her somewhat haul.
Speaker 6: Now, Guys, what are the chances of something actually chewing through a wiring harness in Colorado?
Speaker 7: Pretty high? This time of year.
Speaker 6: It happens all the time. What happens is they come in because the engine cools down and it's warm. I'm curious if she actually keeps her car in a garage, you know, I doubt it.
Speaker 8: It could have even been when she was visiting someplace else. They've had a lot of problems without DIA with rabbits.
Speaker 6: What would be nice, though, is if we can just find out what is going on with it. Have you guys dealt with this? I mean years ago I had a technician putting a used engine into a car that I had, and he cut through the wiring harness and I ended up bringing it down to Lakewood Electric Kevin, which ironically you ended up buying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bryant was there. Who was that gal that worked with him? She was cool?
Speaker 10: Kelly?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ali, are they either of them still around?
Speaker 7: I know yet little shop Colorado Auto Electric.
Speaker 5: No kidding.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's right next door to us. Oh wow, Now we send her some of the heavier work that we don't want to do, that.
Speaker 5: You don't want to touch. Yeah, very interesting. Kelly is really trying this, So I'm kind of like trying to kill time because I really want to get this guy on quick. I hope he comes on. I just want to know what's going on with the car sip questions.
Speaker 6: Speaking of that, with electrical work generally you just got to charge per hour on so.
Speaker 5: It's a wiring harness. Is that really a nightmare?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can spend three four five hours hunting out of and fix it, you know what, a matter of fifteen twenty minutes.
Speaker 7: The fix is easy part. The finding is the hard part.
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 5: Is this Stuart? It is Stuart? Hey, Stuart. First of all, I appreciate you coming.
Speaker 4: On, man.
Speaker 5: How are you doing?
Speaker 14: I'm doing well?
Speaker 5: How are you pretty good?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 6: It means a lot really when you come on. We have Wilma on the other line. I got her on hold, so she's not going to be interrupting you. But here's here's what we know. You guys, put an engine in it, and you had a certain warranty I think it was three years, thirty six or whatever. And now she's saying she's basically saying the same issue, but she also mentioned something about rodents possibly chewing wires or something. But she's saying she can't even get information what the vehicle needs. So do you know what's going on with her vehicle?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 10: Yeah, But it's it's not a.
Speaker 21: Again, as I told the person who called me.
Speaker 10: Sure, you know we're a very busy shop.
Speaker 5: I understand.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And to have this sprung on me and I.
Speaker 21: Know the car, I know the customer.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 21: The fact that the customer has not conveyed any of the concern that you are putting me on the air to discuss, I'm stunned. I mean, I had no idea.
Speaker 5: Well, that's how the show works, Stuart. That's how it works.
Speaker 6: We get a consumer call coming in and they're you know, Wilma was saying, she's unhappy, doesn't know what's going on. So we always give the other side an opportunity to to say what's going on. I'm sure there's two sides to the story. Maybe maybe the story is you just haven't looked at it yet I don't know.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no, I know.
Speaker 21: I'm not saying what it is that whatever it is that you do or you don't do, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, Okay, do you just want to know what's going on?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know why we would throw stones at either of you. I get it, I understand. I don't want to go down that right comments.
Speaker 21: Listen, my comments that I'm saying to you are not directed at you. My comments of saying that I'm stunned that Wilma has not has not said in any way, shape or form, that she was not having questions answered, not satisfied in any way. So my relationship with her in the history of her car, yeah, I mean, we did put an engine in her car, and we can talk about that if you'd like. I want to talk as the.
Speaker 6: Day is long, Stuart, Stuart, you came on the air. I agree with all that, But what's going on with the car.
Speaker 21: Let's just go to that, Okay, all right, So we did we did put an engine in the car.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 21: The reason we put the engine in the car is because it had internal failure. Long story short, it had internal failure. She had the vehicle. We kept in contact with her. Now keep a mind the entirety of the time that the car was here. We provided courtesy shuttle service whenever she needed. Seven days a week, wow, twenty four hours a day. Got it okay, So all that was done, it was delivered back to her, and a short while later, which was February the twenty second, it was a Saturday. Now, we're not open. Our administrative office is not open on the weekends. Our questions are here, but the administrative office is not here. So she had contacted me on February twenty second, which was a Saturday, and she had indicated that there was a couple of warning indicators coming on sure whatever right exactly, and that the vehicle was losing power, et cetera. So upon hearing this, I immediately went to can we tow the vehicle in for you?
Speaker 15: Instead of you.
Speaker 5: Know, you drive because you don't want you don't want damage being caused.
Speaker 21: I get it exactly correct.
Speaker 5: So what happened? Did you guys tow it in?
Speaker 10: We did tow it in correct, on that Saturday.
Speaker 21: I think it was less than two hours now when that happened. Now again, you she doesn't know this.
Speaker 10: You don't know this.
Speaker 21: I was literally at the doctor's office when this happened.
Speaker 5: I get it, no problem, let me you know, just Sumer, hold.
Speaker 21: On look for me for a moment, please, Okay.
Speaker 10: So we tow it in.
Speaker 21: We did get to look at it that you know, within a day or two, and there were codes in the computer indicating random misfires.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, now the codes.
Speaker 21: Were in there, but the second we started and ran the vehicle at ran fine, those codes were not and when we looked at live data, it did not indicate that live misfires were happening. It did indicate one of the cylinders showing a misfire. But currently, at the time it was we started testing it, it was working the way it was supposed to got okay, So I spoke with her. I don't know that first week it was here, which the vehicle hadn't actually been here all that long. But anyway, that first week I did communicate with her at least a.
Speaker 5: Couple of times.
Speaker 21: I don't know exactly how many and where or when, but I did tell her that we discovered evidence of a rodent's nest got her engine Bay area. Now, I think that this sort of put her on her heels a little bit.
Speaker 6: Sure she was, she's forty into this thing, not just with you, but with you know, with short line and the muffler place, everybody.
Speaker 10: I get it.
Speaker 5: She's she's like fed up with this.
Speaker 10: I get it.
Speaker 21: No, and that's fine. I know a little bit of her history were coming here, and I certainly, you know, empathized with you know, because it just seems like, you know, based on what she was telling me, it sounds like she could have been better advised. And upon learning, I tried to handle this with more kick gloves, you know, more deep descriptive.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, So where is it at now? What's literally going on on?
Speaker 21: So we told her that there is evidence of a Rodents nest, and I was very clear. I said, look, there is no evidence at this time that there is any relationship between your running problem and that Rodence nest. And I further informed her that whenever there is a Rodents Nest present, regardless of whether there's evidence of a current problem caused by it or whether there's not, we inform the customer because we feel they need to know, because it's a growing problem. We're seeing it more and more often with cars that are coming in either because they know it or they don't know it. In either case, we want them to know. And I think that might have confused her a little bit because she I think she thought that I was saying, I get it.
Speaker 2: Fair enough what the car was here for.
Speaker 6: But Stuart, at this point where you are in this and it's like a novel. But and I understand, and I don't mind.
Speaker 21: You saying it, well, details are important.
Speaker 6: Well, I get you, But let me ask you this, at this point in time where the story's at, the vehicle's running fine, though you reset the codes. I understand about the little nasty found whatever was there. But when you turn on the vehicle, oh my god, I'm gonna have to go to break again. But go ahead, Stewart, I mean I really, just go ahead.
Speaker 21: Well, context and details are important, okay, I mean I'm a technician, so they matter.
Speaker 7: Okay, let me do this.
Speaker 6: Then, yeah, let me do this, Stewart, do you mind I got to take this break. I gotta do a commercial or outside. I just got to let me take this break. Please stay on to let you finish the story. Three oh three seven one three talk.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right eight eight eight.
Speaker 6: Heating dot com. These guys are great. You need a new system or just to repair, these are the guys you call. You're gonna be happy every time I've used Garrett in the Gang for years. If you go to eight eight eight heating dot com, they can quote you. You're just gonna love these guys. Give them a call if you need any repairs, looking for a new furnace or an air conditioner. And what I really love is they're always going to give you a price to fix it. They're not going to try to cram a new machine down. Now I need to get back to Stuart and get this finished up. Stuart, listen, I give you all the respect in the world. I got about five minutes before we get to the news. So basically where we're at is she dropped it off off. You were checking it out. You saw a few things. So where do we stand now? Or finish up your story?
Speaker 5: Go ahead? You know the time constraint, Stuart. Oh wait, I might have hit the wrong button. Stuart.
Speaker 7: Is that you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here, Sorry about that. Go ahead, sir, that's okay.
Speaker 21: I'll try to cut this. I'll try to give you the reader's digest.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 21: So all right, So every question she's answered are asked, we've answered, and I told her that the nature of this problem seems to be random. And when the car is running fine, it runs flawless without an issue, and then randomly, out of nowhere, it just starts having the rough running. The check ENGINEE comes on and we have seen the same cylinder miss fire code come back, and that's where we are. It's just that it's a random occurrence. We did explain that to her. I maybe I just explained it badly. I don't think I did, but I was pretty clear about that, and I think we're part of her concern was because she reacted in a way about the road in ness. She was seemingly incredulous.
Speaker 5: I understand she thought you were blaming it on a road in or something. I get it. I understand.
Speaker 21: No, No, I just wanted her to know that we saw it and we removed it.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 5: Let me, Stuart, let me ask you something. So right now it's running, okay.
Speaker 21: Uh No, we did identify an ignition coil that is defective, and we did put when we put the engine in, amongst other things. We did, of course replace the spark plug, which is standard for an engine.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 10: But ignition coil, No, we did do the coil.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, so you might have had a bad coil your coils.
Speaker 21: She has and and it doesn't appear that she will incur any cost here at all.
Speaker 10: And okay, the entirety of the time.
Speaker 21: That it's been here on this we have again supplied all of the uh you know, the shuttles at the drop of a hat.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 6: When do you think you're going to be able to have it finished up? I realized that you might not even know what you got to finish up yet, but any kind of time frame.
Speaker 21: Well, we know more than we did, Okay, great, definitely no more than we did through and again, what's taking long is the randomness of it. We can't just put a person in the car and have them driveing around for the entire day for two reasons. One because that's just that's not reasonable. Yeah, And two she has been very clear that she does not want any unnecessary driving or mileage put on her.
Speaker 6: Well, that that's not reasonable. Hold on, let me bring wilm up real quick. Will listen, listen. If I were you, I'd be upset too, but I'd be upset over the whole big picture.
Speaker 5: You spent twelve.
Speaker 6: Thousand dollars with Emmick, You spent money with money with these guys over at Hummels, B and B.
Speaker 5: You spent money at the muffler shop.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 6: It's horrible, but he's looking at it right now. They already did the coil. I heard Stuart literally say that he's not can charge anything. I mean, if it's an engine issue, he's not going to charge you anything. And he's already done some work to it. And it is very random. I think you need to In fact, I'm telling you you need to You should give him some more time to look at it. He's given you the rides when you need them. I mean, are you good?
Speaker 12: Have I heard anything from him? Yeah? I'm pining with that is communication.
Speaker 5: I like that, Stuart. Yah, will don't don't don't run over me. Don't run over me because of the time. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to be rude to you, but Stuart, will you please do me a favor and communicate with her?
Speaker 5: Was that cool?
Speaker 10: I have been?
Speaker 21: I mean, there hasn't been a lot of communication about the problem specifically. All I did tell her was the brief mentioning of the rodentsnet.
Speaker 5: I got it, and then it just went off. It was like squirrel squirrel, the randomness of the of.
Speaker 21: The codes that we were seeing. I did explain that to her.
Speaker 5: Now, listen, both of you. I'm putting you both on hold just because of the time.
Speaker 6: I have no choice on this break. Here's the bottom line. I think Stuart's gonna fix it. Wilma give them some time to look at it. I think us calling over there probably incentivized him to look at it a little quicker. Get it back to you and in Stuart, I really do appreciate you coming on. That's all I can say about that. But Wilma keep us up to date. Maybe call back in next week. Okay, come all right, thank you, hold on. I want to make sure we have your info as well, Wilma.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 14: Yeah, ripped off.
Speaker 1: News who you don't have?
Speaker 18: Come a run in just as as as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: No Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 5: You've been ripped off.
Speaker 6: If you've got a problem or just need some help, we always want to hear from you. I got two lines three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now I got to jump right back to Stewart. We had him on last hour and my understanding, Kelly, tell me if I'm right, He didn't like how it went down on the air. Basically, Wilma had an engine rebuilt by them or an engine installed by him on her twenty sixteen Denali, and she had a problem with it afterwards, and she brought it back to Stuart. And you know she's upset, But really, the real reason, and I want to say this she's upset isn't just because of Stuart. I mean, this woman on this eighteen thousand dollars vehicle already dropped twelve thousand dollars with short line on it that didn't fix the problem, dropped some money with mitas on it, that didn't fix the problem. Then she got it over to Stuart's place, Humbles B and B, and basically he said, well, it's an engine. It's an internal thing. He put an engine in. It was running pretty good for a while and then it had some check engine lights. It wasn't running great, and she brought it back to Stuart in a nutshell. That's kind of where we're at. Put Stuart, I'm happy to give you more time on here, but there's nothing. I don't find anything negative about what I've said about you, nor do I find anything negative period. I just don't, So go ahead, sir.
Speaker 10: All right, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I understand you're explaining to your listeners and everything.
Speaker 15: But where I.
Speaker 21: Take issue is the very last thing you said, which I didn't really get to give all the details anyway, but I understand it's a talk show. Yes, I have to work within your parameters. You get that, whether it's fair or not. But the last thing you said is what I take issue.
Speaker 17: What was it?
Speaker 7: What did I say said?
Speaker 21: You said that you believe that your phone call.
Speaker 10: To us.
Speaker 21: Further incentivized us to do something about the situation that is patently false.
Speaker 5: Okay, fair enough, you don't.
Speaker 10: Maybe wait a minute, give me hold on a second.
Speaker 21: You said you're thing, Please let me respond, because frankly, that's part of the problem here. She doesn't listen to everything I'm saying, and you're not listening to everything I'm saying, and that's not fair. If there's going to be a back and forth, then everything has.
Speaker 15: To do it.
Speaker 5: You just said it.
Speaker 6: It's a time constraint, though, my god, I can't spend an hour on one call me and you know what all you well, that's right because your customer called me, yes, and.
Speaker 21: I had no idea she had any problem at all.
Speaker 2: I was hit from er.
Speaker 5: Enough and we listened to all that, and everything you said was great. I can't say it anymore.
Speaker 21: I want to be clear on what I want to be clear, and be clear.
Speaker 10: My god, looks.
Speaker 21: Look, all I want to say is I don't need to be incentivized.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 21: Her importance, her importance to us has not changed since she was putting the engine in. I don't look, I don't put things off because.
Speaker 5: There's okay, Stuart, let me let me say something.
Speaker 6: Man, listen, I don't I don't mind you getting to say and whatever, but I'm going to say something. I think you're being your worst enemy right now. That you didn't do anything wrong. You said your side of the story. No one here felt like you did anything wrong. You're trying to fix your vehicle. She got really mad, understand where she's coming from.
Speaker 5: It's not your fault, but she's got forty thousand dollars in a vehicle that simply isn't worth that it should have never got to this point, and that it's not just you, right, okay.
Speaker 21: I mean that's the only thing I took issue will with was your last demon.
Speaker 15: That's all.
Speaker 10: I don't need to be motivated.
Speaker 5: We treat our fair enough, you know what, Stuart. Fair enough? Okay.
Speaker 6: I was trying to appease her, to put her at a little ease. Get it that you're going to get it done. That's all we are, all right. I appreciate that, Wilma. That's where it is.
Speaker 5: Okay. You guys, let me tell you.
Speaker 6: You're both you both both of you, and I mean this and no offense to you, Stuart, but yeah, you're both are a little hard to talk to you quite honestly, and I can see why you guys have a hard time communicating with each other. But Wilma, listen, call us back next week and let us know where this is at.
Speaker 5: You know. That's it. I think he's going to fix it and there shouldn't be any issue. Okay.
Speaker 12: Why I didn't have an issue with Stewart except the fact that she doesn't call me. Everything's a text, and I asked how to text him as to what's going on with my car?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, that's good. I think he's going to handle it.
Speaker 6: I'm putting her on hold too, undone, My god, I think it's fine. Wilma, I promise you. I appreciate you calling. I would like an update, and Stuart, I appreciate you coming on here? Chris, what is going on with Progressive?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Chris, Chris, Chris, I'm sorry, Chris. Hold on, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 5: Listen, Am I crazy or was that really hard? Listen?
Speaker 6: I understand people aren't used to being on the radio, but she wouldn't stop, and he wouldn't stop. I just wanted to get to the end of it.
Speaker 5: I wanted to get to what's going on. I realized there's a lot of animosity built up for whatever reason, I have no idea. But then Wilma at the end actually says, I'm like, I never had a problem with Stuart. I don't even why she'd say that, because why she calling up? She said, Stuart won't answer my calls. I don't think B and B did anything bad here? And did I come off like I thought I had a problem with you?
Speaker 7: No, absolutely not. But sometimes lest my god, he's.
Speaker 5: He's given her rides everywhere. I think you guys doing a great job.
Speaker 7: He's doing fine, Dui.
Speaker 22: She though, did admit that he is not communicating as much as he had he should, and she seems to be that person that needs so much extra communication.
Speaker 6: But a lot of that built up. I agree with you, Dragon, but a lot of that built up nothing to do with Stuart.
Speaker 7: It built up.
Speaker 5: It built up of her buying a car for like what was it eighteen thousand dollars that immediately or close to needed twelve thousand dollars worth of work that didn't fix it, then it needed another whatever Stewart charged her.
Speaker 6: It's crazy. I mean, she's in a bad circumstance. But we're not going to sit there and blame Stuart. We're not blaming you at all. But got she's got to be a hard to sell to work with. But Stuart, I just talked to you, and you're a little tough to deal with too, man. And you know what, just because I'm saying that, and I think you're still listening. I'll bring you up.
Speaker 5: But honest to god, man, it really comes down to this. It's like, where's it at? Are you going to fix it? And that's really all there was to it. We didn't have to drag this out this long.
Speaker 7: Give me further backstory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it man.
Speaker 6: I know you're not used to talking on the radio, but you guys did nothing wrong in Hummel's B and B.
Speaker 5: In fact, I love the fact you gave her rides everywhere. I think you guys did great.
Speaker 6: I think she's probably, you know, upset over stuff that's not in your control or my control.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, thank you Stuart for coming on. I did want to say that though.
Speaker 6: I really think, you know, he's got a busy shop and he took offense that I said because we called over. But really I'm saying that to appease her. I want her car done. I don't want her to worry. That's where I'm going with that, and I'm sorry, Chris. What is your question about Progressive?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hi, Mark, longtime listener. I have a potential bad face claim against Progressive. I had a trailer jack knife and overturn. I was able to get the trailer turned back over, but the storage container I was hauling needed to be towed and it's currently in a wrecking yard. Racking up storage fees Forguessa will not cover it. The toime is about seven thousand so far and they waited like thirty five days. That taught me it's not covered. So I'm not asking for the container to be fixed, but just handle the towing and storage. Pumphas is my insurance broker, but I have not engaged them yet.
Speaker 5: Well, let's do this.
Speaker 6: Hold on, I got to take just break Chris. Hey, let's get Brian Burns with compass on. Get Chris's last name off air so he can pop it in and try to figure it out. And if he can't get it, because he still might be in Nashville, he might be able to come on but not get to his computer.
Speaker 5: You get the idea.
Speaker 6: Hold on, Chris, plus, I want to talk about everything you're doing. And then Alice hold tight calling for brother issue with scammers?
Speaker 5: All right, everybody hold tight? Three zero three seven one three A two five five one line opened.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 6: By the way, Genesis Total Exteriors man, Mark Schamansky and the gang, they do it all right.
Speaker 5: Now. Decks.
Speaker 6: You know it's coming up, man, summer's coming. Get that deck put on the books now so you can build it. Maybe you just need a deck repair. Maybe you need a fence. They do deck and fencing, and they do stucco, and they do siding. Genesis Total Exteriors, you get it. If it's outside, they do it Genesistotalexteriors dot Com.
Speaker 5: Now, man, we've got a ton going on. Were we able to get Brian Burns with Compass.
Speaker 3: I'm working on it all right, thank you.
Speaker 5: Let me go back.
Speaker 6: I'd be traveling, yeah, I understand. So Chris, let me ask something. How big is this container? You're driving down the roads? You jackknifed your trailer and there was a container on it? Kind of paint this picture. How big of a trailer and how big of a container?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The container is an eight by thirteen. The trailer was I'd say probably maybe a ten by eight flatbed.
Speaker 5: And what what was in the trailer?
Speaker 18: It was?
Speaker 2: It was a flatbed trailer and I had the container on top of the container.
Speaker 5: Wait, I'm sorry, what was in the container? What was in the container?
Speaker 7: It was empty?
Speaker 5: It was empty. I'm trying to just kind of get an idea. How big that is? I see, I mean that's fairly big. I mean it's not huge. So why did they deny the claim?
Speaker 6: So you jackknifed it, did you have comprehensive on the truck itself that was pulling it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, full coverage.
Speaker 5: So you had full coverage on.
Speaker 6: That, which generally would go over to the trailer, I mean the trailer. The only time you really get a trailer insured is for like theft or something. You're not gonna have any other issues like even liability. You wouldn't put on the trailer. So so why did they deny it? What did they say?
Speaker 2: They're saying that the contents are not covered.
Speaker 5: Well, you just said it was empty.
Speaker 6: Oh you mean contents of the trailer, right, yeah, But so they're saying the container's not covered. So but all you want them to do. You're more upset because you're getting charge so much for orge at this point.
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 6: And how much is the storage? They waited how long to deny you you said thirty plus days?
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what the towing was versus the story fees, but everything is over seven thousand dollars now at this point.
Speaker 5: And are they willing to pay anything?
Speaker 2: No, they just they just said it's not covered. Not a cover benefit.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, did you Well, well, it's going to be on the truck. Yeah, it's not a commercial. It's a personal policy, right.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 6: I guess here's what I don't understand. I have a trailer and I pull stuff on the trailer, and I understand the contents part of it.
Speaker 5: That's different. But what I'm not getting is why wouldn't they cover the accident itself?
Speaker 6: If he has a coverage for the accident on the truck they won't even so they won't even pay for the towing just to get you off the road.
Speaker 2: Well, it's an I arrange the towing of the of the container because it was going to be a hazard.
Speaker 5: Well, they're probably not gonna pay.
Speaker 6: I don't think they're going to pay for that aspect of it, because they're saying they don't cover the contents.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, exactly, But what's the container being on the flatbed? There were there were no contents inside the container.
Speaker 5: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 6: Hold on, we just got to get Brian. I mean, that's it, man, let me put you on hold. Kelly's trying to get him on. I simply don't have an answer why they deny it. I mean, Jeff, you were going to say something. I mean, you tow your four wheelers and side by sides and whatever. I mean, you know they should have their own policy. Yes, so, but I can't imagine why Progressive is not giving them a nickel. I understand why they're not covering possibly the container. It's a crazy argument. But with your dad, Hey, real quick, Chris, was there damage to the trailer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was there was damage to the trailer. But I had a waiver from the equipment retailer. So that's all covered.
Speaker 5: So just like a trailer.
Speaker 12: It was.
Speaker 2: It was like a trailer rental. The flatbed was and then I was I rented that for haul in that container and.
Speaker 6: It was your container, not the same rental place, right, and then you had the riders. So they basically didn't charge you anything to get their trailer and fix it because you paid for that coverage. Man, I am so like, I so so so want to know what's going on. We got to get Brian. I just don't understand the coverage. I know what he's talking about. I love the argument, though it's not even really an argument. What do you guys think that would be? Strangely enough, even though the can was empty, they're probably saying that's personal property and we don't cover it. I mean, really, that's what they're saying, which makes sense. But why wouldn't they pay? What's I got to ask one more question? Was the storage Chris just for the container?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was able to overturn the trailer and return it to the rental.
Speaker 6: I see, I think I'm understanding the denial. Now they're saying the contents of the trailer even though it's a container, are not covered. So therefore they're not going to pay for storage on something they don't cover. I mean, looking at it, that's in very simple terms. Whether or not they can deny that in this circumstance is what I need Brian for. So I am going to put you on hold again. Hey, Kelly, I saw that Patrick has an issue with the cops online.
Speaker 5: Three is that Patrick failure to launch?
Speaker 10: Do you know?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 10: I do not.
Speaker 5: Do you remember him? I don't even know now.
Speaker 6: He definitely wasn't before you, but after for Momoss, we don't know where you're at.
Speaker 20: Oh gosh, well yeah at six now, So what happened to him?
Speaker 5: He dropped off.
Speaker 16: So he had to drop off because he was literally he called and it was so late. He basically was standing in the courtroom or right about to go into court because he's got an issue about something about him getting arrested for some marijuana that was found in his car.
Speaker 5: That's almost impossible these days. I mean, my god, I unless he was smoking it got me, unless he's underage.
Speaker 16: So he did say he would call back if he had to get called in.
Speaker 20: So I have a feeling that he probably got called in.
Speaker 6: I would love to talk to him. I just want to know if it's failure to launch or not. Hey, Alice, what's going on with you? And let's try to get Brian Kelly. Hey Alice, how are.
Speaker 4: You, ma'am?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great.
Speaker 9: Tom, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great.
Speaker 18: Well, I'm shouldn't say I'm doing right. I'm doing great. But my brother, this is the worst scam issue. I've ever smoothest scam thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino, well, I the second time I got to correct you. I'm actually Mark. I'm his co host. He's out today.
Speaker 10: Ok Okay, Mark, I'm the I'm the.
Speaker 6: More handsome, aggressive, more caring, loving, almost perfect human beings, almost perfect. Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Alis?
Speaker 5: How can we help you?
Speaker 18: Well, I don't know if you want me. My brother to come on to this line. My brother has a direct deposit UH through It's called it's called directed direct Express, which his social Security card, his social Security money goes into this direct Express than that going into his bank account. Okay, yeah, his credit card, his card was he had the card in his head at the time this happened, but when he went to apply, when he went to go get funds out of his account. It wouldn't let him draw any funds down, it said. The count closed. So as he pursued and got more and more information on this account, come to find out that whoever stammed or whatever skeevn they did, they changed his address at the direct deposit so well North Carolina.
Speaker 5: In why North Carolina, of all places.
Speaker 18: We have no idea who this person is.
Speaker 6: They changed the address to something in North Carolina. All right, hold on, hold on, Alice, I got to give you more time this I got to take a break. Three o three seven one, three eight two five five are help at troubleshooter dot com.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, this one's this one's a little crazy. Poor Alice her brother, and let me go right back to her. But I do got to tell you first thing. This company I'm going to tell you about is absolutely wonderful. They've been with us for a very long time. One clear Choice Doores dot Com. In fact, Chapi's the owner. He kind of runs it's a he's a marine, and he runs it like a marine. He's got a great staff and they're very respectful, good pricing. But they have locations up and down the front range. If you need a new Griadge store. I used them a few years ago for new Garadge stoor openers. Back then they were like two hundred ninety nine installed. I'm sure they have great deals now. But if you need anything to do with the garage door, including the openers, the doors themselves, or just a tune up or a broken one, these are your guys, One clear Choice Doors dot Com. Now let's get back to this one. It's just kind of interesting. So, Alice, what's your brother's name. What is your brother's name?
Speaker 21: His name is Mike.
Speaker 6: So Mike gets a check from Social Security and he's been getting it and all of a sudden the check. Did the check itself get rerouted or is it like an ACH.
Speaker 18: It goes through direct Express? I guess which is ACH type?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So it goes onto a card, right, like a debit card?
Speaker 15: Or no?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 18: Yes, yes, it goes on to a debit card.
Speaker 6: Yes so, and it's not going Here's where I'm getting a little confused. Is it going to Is he going to his debit card now or somebody else is in North Carolina?
Speaker 18: They caught the first time? He report it. If they caught it and they stopped it, got it okay? And so when he when they issued him a new card, he went to use it and it said account closed.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 18: Going he's continuing to try and get in touch with someone to you know, to get it fished. This is this is his income?
Speaker 7: How did it?
Speaker 5: Let me let me ask you, how did how did they say the first time? What happened?
Speaker 6: And did he ended up when it said account close? Did he have money that was taken off the card?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 18: He just it was just like a he caught it in Ton, got it.
Speaker 6: And then they sent him a new one, and then they sent him and then when he went to log in. It sounds like and I just don't know about this. Anybody that has these cards. Maybe someone here knows. Do you actually log in?
Speaker 7: Doctor?
Speaker 5: You know, you don't get your benefits. You just get a check or an.
Speaker 4: It's right to my savings account.
Speaker 7: It's it's a digital wall, that is what they're called.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I mean exactly, but so you would log on, someone basically stole his identity.
Speaker 6: As far as it has to do with Social security. What's interesting is when they sent the new card, they didn't change anything like is a user and password or anything like that. Has he gone down to the Social Security office, Alice, Well, we called no.
Speaker 18: There's this thing that's happening so fast. We're trying to just find avenues to get No, we have not been down to the Security office yet.
Speaker 5: That's what Alice.
Speaker 4: That's what you mean, Alice. I went out, Yes, phone calls, computers, loggings.
Speaker 17: I'm not going to work. If you go down, make an appointment person, the person in the Social Security office. I guarantee this can be fixed in no time.
Speaker 5: Do they have to walk in stock.
Speaker 17: I don't know if that have walkins, but you can find out call them up. See if you need to make an appointment and you can walk in, but it will be taken care of one hundred times faster than trying to get to the appropriate person on the phone and explaining to I'm.
Speaker 5: Well, said doc. I would agree with doc there.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't work. I will intervene and get it taken care of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's exactly where I was going. So, okay, why don't you get down there? Is he like hard up for food now or something?
Speaker 18: No, Unfortunately, there's the situation. He did have him a little stash at home. However, as of today, when he tried to use his car because they called him and told him it had been activated. When he went to get groceries, he somehow he found out his balance that dropped from four thousand to seven hundred.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, four thousand? Do they could they wait a minute? So he logged on and thirty three hundred dollars was missing.
Speaker 18: I don't know how. I don't know how he found out his balance. I'm sorry. If you want me to, I can get him online.
Speaker 5: Let's do that. I'd like to get him online. Where does he live, by the.
Speaker 18: Way, Alice, we live right here in Denver, Colorado.
Speaker 5: Do you guys live together? You both live in the same house.
Speaker 18: He has his own he no, he has his own separate place.
Speaker 6: So he had so each month he gets roughly four thousand put in or put on. And then he went to use it and there was only seven hundred. And he hasn't used it since the deposit.
Speaker 18: He had not used anything else since.
Speaker 5: And then when that happened, did he actually call up Social Security again?
Speaker 18: Well, he didn't know that until this morning.
Speaker 5: Until this Oh, this is a nightmare.
Speaker 18: For this is worse than a nightmare because, uh, you said your name was Mark, right, Yeah, okay, Mark, here is the whole.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give you another go ahead, please please.
Speaker 18: A gentleman, a gentleman by the name of Mike Cooper, was in touch with my brother.
Speaker 5: This is horrible. Mike Cooper.
Speaker 6: I can already tell you Mike Cooper's from India. Keep going, Oh, what what happened with Mike Cooper?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 18: Oh Mike? And he he said, Mike, I'm gonna get you through the He says, Now, what I need you to do is send me your driver's license back front and back, a good clear picture of it.
Speaker 10: We did that.
Speaker 18: Next thing, he says, well, direct deposit. That's not direct deposit, it's called hold on for a second.
Speaker 10: Here, I got my paid.
Speaker 18: Direct Express had rejected that. Okay, yeah, And so then he comes back on. He said, okay, I want you to take this number down. This is my direct number. I want you to send me a copy of your.
Speaker 5: Birth or Alice listen, and for Alice, listen, this is very serious. Beyond this, listen, let me give you good news, bad news. Good news is this. I think eventually social Security. I think he'll eventually get the money back. My god, if we're paying people that are three hundred and sixty years old, I'm sure he's going to get his money back. And here's the other thing. The most important part right now is he needs to lock down his credit. They've got everything. They can open a million credit cards, they can buy a car that, they can do so many things on his credit right now. For the life of me, I can't believe he sent all that stuff. But it doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter. What I would really like done, doc, Doc. Do you know how to freeze credit or not?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, So here's what I would really like to do, doc. If you can get with this guy. Does he have a computer at his house?
Speaker 18: He is computer computer?
Speaker 5: Where do we do this guy?
Speaker 17: I will I'll get wait, I'll get your phone number from Kelly and I will call you about two fifteen or two twenty because I have the numbers at home.
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 17: And if so, I'll call you in a little while after between two thirty and Pallas. Here's what we got and I'll tell you how to go about this, because he has to do the whole identity.
Speaker 5: And I'm worried about one thing, but at least it's social secure as well. I'm worried that he took over the Social Security account as well, meaning he's never logged in because he's not on the computer, and he went in and basically claimed the account. Because he's got every bit of information, he could have even done an id ME.
Speaker 17: At this point, he probably needs to go through the whole the steps for identity.
Speaker 6: Doc is gonna help your brother big time, So you need to get in touch with him. We're gonna put you on hold now, Okay, alt's just calm down. We're gonna help you. We got to get those accounts locked. The Social Security the thirty seven hundred's a big deal. But I think eventually it'll get back. I'm glad he's not a hard up for food or anything like that. And if that happens, you guys can call back or at least tell Doc because he'll be dealing with you. But here's the bottom line, this really sucks. You got to have a conversation with him at some point. You don't give any information to anybody, period, end of story.
Speaker 5: You just don't.
Speaker 6: But that's it, and that goes for anybody out there listening. So hold on, Kelly, we need all of her information. Doc's gonna call her after the show. Doc, I really hope you can get those accounts locked. I'm terrified he's opening accounts everywhere. If you could log into his credit if you can log into even like TransUnion, that's usually where the credit cards are, and see if any new accounts, like he just applied for a Starbucks card or something.
Speaker 4: Well, I will tell him how to prevent that from happening. Okay, I like that, can't you say something?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Of course, everybody listening out there, any government agency, social Security IRS, anybody that's affiliated with the government will not call you on the phone if they want to get in touch with you. They will send you a letter in the mail on their letterhead. So anytime you get a call from someone purporting to be with a government agency, it's a scam.
Speaker 5: Hang up on them or next or an email, Oh my god, or it pops up on an email. My dad got hit with email.
Speaker 6: It's a little different, but basically someone got into his boss's email. So the email actually came from his boss and it said, hey, go buy this Amazon gift card for one of our clients. So it made so much sense he ended up doing and he lost hundred bucks or whatever. It was, all right, three O three seven one three eight two five five help with troubleshooter dot com.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back.