Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, we're back.
Speaker 2: It's Cecily Nobler and Stephanie Wilder Taylor. You know our names, and we are here for part two of In just like that, season three, episode seven. If you're following along, and of course you are, because we're pissed off today. We're getting more and more pissed by the episode.
Speaker 1: I ask you a question. Sure, now, you're being super super funny and you know, giving it a little Nick and Nora and I am just being Is it too much? Am I just being too mad? Is it annoying?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I'm mad.
Speaker 1: I'm mad.
Speaker 2: I'm already mad. Just so you guys know, I'm in a bad like I came into this hot, not even totally because of the I'm just in a bad mood.
Speaker 1: So some of this is just like I don't give a fuck. I feel like I'm just coming off as tea too negative. Like I feel like people are going to listen to this and go, what do yourself a favorite? Stop watching it? Then? But I'm enjoying. I'm enjoying being mad because it's there's there's I just can't believe it when I watch it, I go what what? And then but I do I do take solace in the fact that like, well, I'm going to get to record an episode about this.
Speaker 2: And yes and have it's like a therapy session. And I do have to say, and I know you disagree, I still think it's slightly better than last season. I mean there's no chaye, there's none of that. I mean, it got it was a lot worse. They did go slightly in the right direction. I agree, Duncan Duncan is like the best thing they've ever done in a lot since Burger.
Speaker 1: I agree with you give him a pipe. They didn't need to do that, and he's always smoking it. I know, like who who's always smoking a pipe?
Speaker 2: My dad used to do that, but it was a very long time ago, right, I mean, that's not like a British thing. He's supposed to be our age, right, he's like fifty, yes' not eighty years old? Right, it makes no sense. It's not like I know a lot of Brits and they're not doing that, right. It's ridiculous. Okay, so now it's party time.
Speaker 1: Which won the Brits.
Speaker 2: I am such an anglophile, as you know it happened.
Speaker 1: Why are you not married to somebody British right now.
Speaker 2: I tried. I tried, I tried. I've been there like six times. I've had British lovers, I've had people I've seen.
Speaker 1: I like that the first.
Speaker 2: Time I fell in love, or didn't fall in love, but like was hooking up with a guy in England. But the first time I started going back in like two thousand and four, I used to go like every year and I had this little fling and I would see him like every year. Now he's you know, he's moved on and got married and everything. But I've thought for sure, like I was gonna marry that guy. I really did, I really. It was just wonderful and we'd have so much fun. And he lived on the heath and stead Heath and it was just like but he wasn't you know, he wasn't taking me that seriously. I didn't live there. He just was like, oh fun, the American's coming. And I do remember getting into a little thing with him because uh, I was like in my late twenty you know, I was pretty young and for in your for la, you're like eighteen at that time, you know, And so I remember it was my birthday. I'd gone there to sell it by myself celebrate my birthday at him, like you No, I hadn't met him yet. I met him on that trip, so I went totally sillow met him and then he's like, let me take you out for your birthday, American girl, certainly you shouldn't spend the day aloud. I mean it was the most romantic thing in the where you meet him. I at a pub. We met like walking around, I think, and then I don't remember exactly, but then he took me to dinner and then spent the whole weekend with me. We went to like the Tate Museum, like it was the most roman He was such a good kiss, not to be gross, but like it was amazing. And then we went to it was my birthday and be that night and we went out and I was like my birthday and I pulled out my license, went up, went to the front. I was like birthday tequila and he's like, wed you not do this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he was really like offended and really embarrassed because they don't. They don't get free drinks on them, they don't get shot kila shots. Oh you know, I mean I get it. I was it was a cultural mistake.
Speaker 1: Is my cultural mistake is that a thing that they don't do free shots on your birthday. It was a very drink a lot.
Speaker 2: You drink a lot, but you don't go up to the bartender and demand a drink with your weird license. He's like, we don't do that. Oh, I still have fun making it out with him. Yeah, for a couple of years I liked him so much. It was so much fun. And yes, to your point, I've been trying. I really have. But just you know, my goal is to someday live there, and that's not a joke. I'm working on it. More serious between you two. No, no, I only saw him like once a year, and he came here once for work and he hung out. But it wasn't never. It's hard to get serious with a brit He was very he was pretty withholding. I'll have to say, oh, I love it, of course I loved it. Yeah, just a charming just to just a delight if he's some for some reason listening to this podcast, and he is not one. No, just a delightful man. And I wish him all the best, all the best, all right, we love him, but you know what, also, we love what we love even more. Yes, Via gummy yummies.
Speaker 1: Sad to say, but we do. We love We love Via gummies more than humans because they're good.
Speaker 2: That's true, because they help us through the night.
Speaker 1: Yes, help me see the night. Via gummies are made with either CBD or THHC, but just the right amount of THHC. And you don't even need a medical card to get them. Just get to know.
Speaker 2: They're very accessible. And I have to tell you we've tried a bunch of gummies I have throughout my life and these are the most quality ingredients. They taste good, which can be actually kind of dangerous because they're so good. But they have helped me sleep more than anything in a long time. Like I said, Steph just uses the one with CBD. I use a little t h But they have them for everything, not just sleep, if you just want to focus, or feel good or have good sect all the things. And I'm going to tell you how you can find them. If you're twenty one or over, check out the link to the Ta Vaya in our description. Use the code rose Pricks to receive fifteen percent off free shipping on orders over one hundred and if you're new to Ya, you get a free gift of your choice. After you purchase, they will ask where you've heard about them. Please support our show and tell them we Rose Pricks sent you enhance your every day with Vaya Va and write it down right now, Like just write it down and order it now so you don't forget there you go, That's what I say.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get.
Speaker 2: Back into Yes.
Speaker 1: Maria comes over to Carrie's house and she's got this huge amount.
Speaker 2: Of balloons in God. Yeah, that was really upsetting to me. The balloons.
Speaker 1: Wow, because Marianna is out of control.
Speaker 2: You don't need you didn't need to go out and buy a karaoke machine and a bunch of balloons. It was like tay and stupid. Miranda's like off her rocker. I think, see.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting because I was like Carrie was so annoyed about the balloons, and I was like, okay, but it is like a big party for her. And Miranda even says because Carrie's like ugh, She's like okay, but like she does love pink. Like I was like, it's a party, why can't she bring some coction?
Speaker 2: She's not five. I didn't love it that didn't have like balloons pop I just didn't. I did not love that. And then that's the moment where the balloon's something. Oh she hasn't told Duncan yet that she's having a party.
Speaker 1: Uh oh right, but Duncan's whole character has changed now, so duncans Duncan's not gonna care. Duncan's is the big moment.
Speaker 2: This is the big moment that I talked about in the Macrones on episode one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is gonna be absolutely like horrendous. This is terrible.
Speaker 2: He plumps downstairs to just be like hi back door, like hey, oh sorry, I just yeah, I should probably tell you instead of just telling him having a party, I should just invite you should come to the party. And then this is when he says, he like that tell me exactly what he said. Okay, So he's like, listen.
Speaker 1: I've read your book, and she's like, oh, it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: He's being sarcastic. Didn't you think he was joking? Like he's like, I'm I'm kidding. I'm sorry, I didn't know it.
Speaker 1: This is the most insane scene. He goes like this, He goes, I can't believe how amazing, how amazing it is. Okay, let me tell you. The woman wondered what she's gotten herself into, Carrie. It's brilliant. I've never heard writing like this before. He literally fucking with us.
Speaker 2: There's no way that anybody like The woman stared at the window and didn't and thought, I don't know what I've gotten myself into, Carrie. This is Nobel Prize territory. This maya angelou Carrie.
Speaker 1: You Cherry, I stopped dead in my tracks. What in God's greep? Did you english that one?
Speaker 2: You always go slightly Scottish? Yes, like yeah, I mean either way it works better the way you're doing it. Actually, I think that makes it funnier, because like.
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Even having him read back the sentence, that's the worst sentence we've ever heard. It's like it's it was a dark and stormy night, Carrie, it was what again? Read it back to me one more time, it was a dark and stormy night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I never I've never never heard something so brilliant. I can't believe it. I can't believe my ears are my ears deceiving me?
Speaker 2: Carr? Could you could you such it for one moment? I have a doctor friend, now, would you mind sitting here. I'd like to study you. Are you some kind of wordsmith but also some of genius? Hold hold tight, let me see if I could get my dog chat to see if we could examine your head. Because I've never heard writing like this, I've never had no Okay, then this is gonna happen. This is so crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay. So basically she's like yeah, Also there's a karaoke machine and he's like, well, I love karaoke. He's complicated, but she goes like this. She goes like this, Well, as they say in the BIZ, that's a plot twist. Okay. And do not forget Cecily that when Zoe came onto the island in Bachelor in Paradise and went alt twist, we.
Speaker 2: Were like chat GPT, Yes, chat all the time.
Speaker 1: Chat GPT loves to say plot twist. So guess what this episode was. This was my proof. I was said, I have some proof and it's going to come up later in the episode. Nope talks like that, as they say in the BIZ, a lot twist. No chatchpt says that that's what chat chept says.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. I was like busted, and she has no feelings about anything. She's not like she's just doing stuff, like she's just like, Okay, cool, we're having this party for my friend, for this fake thing. She doesn't care about Harry. No, she never seems upset about that. She's never genuinely it doesn't bug her that her best friends, you know, like none of it. She's no mention of aid and she never misses Big. They're all coming over to Bigg's house, right, what was BIG's money was in his house? But like, what the fuck is She's just just nothing. The character is nothing.
Speaker 1: It's like soulless, Yes, soulless. Soulless. That's so perfect. Okay, So speaking of soulless, Lily's in her room still, Rock and Charlotte are in there, and Charlotte's like, Lily, can you come to the party, Like, okay, it's your mom's fucking birthday party? Yeah, your mom is having a birthday party and she wants her goddamn fucking kids there. And Lily's like, man, wanna and Charlotte yells him, well first, Charlotte's just like okay, but I but why, Like I want you to come? And she's like I'm not gonna come. So Charlotte leaves. Okay, Rock, We're leaving in twenty minutes, because guess what, that's your fucking easier kid. That is your easier kid, Rock, who cares about you? Who's like, Mom's having a birthday party. We're gonna go to Mom's birthday party. And Lily is the most over the top, crazily written brat that I'm telling you, this is just not how actual kids are. She's like, I don't want to I'm not going. I don't care. Mom doesn't even want me there, like feeling like this anyway. And then finally Rock goes, get out of bed, we're going. Oh. First, Rock tells her this whole thing about you know, mom's always made a big deal about all of your birthdays, like you want it to have like an aerial party when you were you know, seventeen, ironically, I guess, so, then a little mermaid party. And then she's like recounting all of the stuff that Charlotte does for her, and she's like said, Okay, I don't want to go. Nobody does that. It's so awful. Then when they go, so they go to the party, and Lily is immediately like laying on the couch. Right, this girl is so terrible, and don't forget right before this happened really quick, there's just one tiny little sentence when random minds Duncan's pages.
Speaker 2: So Miranda sees that Duncan has his book there, and she like looks through the first part of it. So don't forget that.
Speaker 1: Which is not the crime of the fucking century that they're gonna that Carrie's gonna make it out to be. If you're if you wrote a book and it was just like sitting on the table, I would pick it up. Wow, of course it was a secret you wrote it. It's sitting there, it's all bound carry is a cunt, And I said it.
Speaker 2: I said what I said. They all kind of are, yeah, I don't know. They're all jocking the lily who's the worst. So they're okay. So she's laying down at the party and this is when Joy comes in. I can't read my hand ritting there. It's something I just wrote. Miranda's gay. I'm not sure why I said that.
Speaker 1: So because Joy comes in and then she walks in and they make a big deal that she's meeting Carrie, and this is I thought so stupid as well. She's like, oh, this is my friend Joy. Oh no, Joy says, I'm a friend. I'm a friend of Miranda's. And then Miranda comes running over and she's like Joy, and they like make out for a second, and then Joy goes, oh, I guess I guess cats out of the bag. We're more than friends. Yeah, no, fucking duh. Re NAT's point that Miranda's like lying to her friend Carrie and being like, we're just friends.
Speaker 2: I mean this, Yeah, Joy probably thinks that because she knows the writers. She's like, I don't know what the writers are going to do with this one, so I'll just pretend like it's a it's a misunderstanding.
Speaker 1: Understdentist.
Speaker 2: Oh Carrie, you saw is not what you saw. I'm a dentist and I was just looking in a mouth just to check my work.
Speaker 1: Then Lisa comes.
Speaker 2: Storming in with Herbert and Henry, and this is going to be another plot point that is just it's so outrageous it is, and it may I just don't even understand why they're doing that to.
Speaker 1: This poor child. This work, because it's just pure camp. You know what. It reminded me of? Okay, in An, and I like this movie so much better. It's a movie that we both saw that you didn't like as much as I did. But this, to me is the tone. Remember that movie Theater Camp.
Speaker 2: I didn't love The Leader Camp, and I wanted to. It was Ben Platt. I really wanted to like it.
Speaker 1: I like it, yes, But and I really liked it and thought it was really funny because it was very over the top all the performances, like they were just doing too much all the time. And I thought it was funny because that was the tone.
Speaker 2: I probably didn't like it because I lived it, honestly, you know what I mean? Yeah, maybe just because I lived it.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, but suddenly this show is like that tone, right, It's this really silly, kind of campy, like nobody's real. There's not real situations at a real party. Somebody's kid is not going to just start singing show tunes, so it's just.
Speaker 2: Not He gets so many sings from Lamea's rob which is funny because we were just talking about that, and I'm just like Ben, he's not very good, and everybody's sort of like kind of making fun of this child, which I don't think is that funny like he thought he could sing. He's like a theater kid and wanted to sing, right. But instead of like a real thing, if you were watching a movie that was written by someone that was like a good writer, it would just be kind of a cute, little fun thing that's in the background and it's kind of heartwarming, like this kid he loves yeah, you know, and maybe you know, like a Nicole Hofstetter movie or something. Yeah, yeah, But no, instead it's just like, yeah, it's this kid. Yeah, they'lm the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And nobody would be that mean, by the way, Like Miranda wouldn't be like, Okay, it's not the Herbert June your show. It's like, yes, I know, get the fuck.
Speaker 2: Out, Henry, I wrote, Henry, Oh, I thought, I.
Speaker 1: Thought, well, there's is the older Do they have an older son? Is that Herbert Junior, the one that was taking out with a girl in Lisa's coat closet or her first closet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they have two kids, Okay, two boys. Okay, So then I just said the worst editing ever because that all happens, and then it goes over to Miranda.
Speaker 1: Oh, and there's this really weird little quick thing where Joy sort of like skulks out of the room and I was like, okay, because she hates kids that much.
Speaker 2: I don't know, or the singing was really bad, but then she wants everybody to sing Greece. She's like, that's when Miranda's like she they want to sing Greece or something.
Speaker 1: I couldn't keep up at this point, I just wrote, well, I just have a few more. Well that's gonna have yeah, hopelessly devoted. They're ruining all the good songs. Oh anyway, So then Anthony shows up with his mom and Giuseppe's mom, right.
Speaker 2: With Giuseppe's mom, because let's break this down now, Anthony would be at this party because he is friends with Charlotte. Don't forget that he came into the group via Charlotte, right, that is that is actually his friend. Okay, so it makes sense. I don't know that Giuseppe's mom needs to come to the party after she's already been so rude.
Speaker 1: She's been so rude and she doesn't even like Anthony, so why like, uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So they make a thing of like never don't please never mention my age or std I've ever been married, Like, Okay, don't mention Stanford, the guy your friend, the actor who died that you just instead of like having any peace with any closure with that character. He just moved to Japan. He's never called. They make Samantha text Carrie all the time for no reason. Why can't Stanford text? Sometimes?
Speaker 1: They didn't kill him, right, Like are they punishing? Are they punishing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they couldn't kill him because he died, and they couldn't come because they'd already killed big right, But they've no mention to Stanford. Nope. Like maybe in a hard time, Harry could sit down and be like, I'm really confused right now about my life. I miss Stanford, and then maybe they could do a thing where she goes to try to call him and he hasn't been calling me back. He's been in Japan. I know he's busy. And then then they find out he passed do something, yes, like what.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So then so the mom comes in, Yeah, they're not supposed to mention all of this, and that's so stupid. So yeah, so the kids are out of control. Yeah, so this is when Miranda is like, come on, you.
Speaker 1: Guys, let's just say girls just want.
Speaker 2: To have fun, right, Girls just want to have fun.
Speaker 1: So she tries to make Lily come sing, and she's like, Lily, come on, come sing, and Lily.
Speaker 2: Is just like, yeah, no, girls just want to be left the loone. And she storms out because yeah, that's how like seventeen year old girls behave the story, not seventeen.
Speaker 1: Maybe eleven. And if there's some like undiagnosed thing going on with you, that is just not how normal people behave normal yet almost adult women who are talking about college. This is not This girl is not fourteen, she's not thirteen. She's go I think she's like a senior in high school. They were talking, remember they have the whole thing about the college.
Speaker 2: Counselor Oh god, I blocked that out because it was with Kristin Shaw.
Speaker 4: Yes, show the should not have done the Flight of the Concords. I love you Germaine, I love you Brett Listen. I want to say I loved that show.
Speaker 2: I love Not only did I love Flight of the Concords, but I rewatched it recently because I needed some soothing and I laugh out loud every time. And I even liked her character just meeting her. If you've never heard that story. I met her in real life. I was with a guy that I was dating. We were whole hands broad daylight, and she never acknowledged me. In the five minutes that she talked to my boyfriend, she never said anything to me. I mean to be fair, he did not introduce me. Yeah either, they were both long but yeah, so every time she just but and so she was the one who played them.
Speaker 1: And I had that happened, remember with David Cross and Marylyn Rice Cup many many years ago, type.
Speaker 2: Of same type of thing, same same groove.
Speaker 1: Ran into him in the aisle of the ELFs or Gelson's or whatever that was right near Luna Park, and uh he was.
Speaker 2: It was Pavilions because I got towed from there. Yeah, remember Pavilions. And he said hello to me, and she just stared and they weren't even dating. I don't think, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was just like, I'm running a new show of Vermont of Vermana, Hollywood, are you still doing stand up?
Speaker 2: Stop talking like that. Use your real voice, use your grown up voice. It is not how you sound.
Speaker 1: So little storms out of the room because girls just want to be left.
Speaker 2: Yon Sema comes in with an iPad.
Speaker 1: Well so, and so Miranda starts yelling, Okay, I don't know why I'm acting like this, but it's time to do gifts.
Speaker 2: Come on, everybody, let's do gifts.
Speaker 1: But nobody does that. Nobody opens gifts at a birthday party. That is not a thing. It hasn't ever been a thing since people were ten years old. That is the last time anybody opened gifts in front of each other.
Speaker 2: And they're doing the gifts where it's like a gift bot, you know, like you open the it's wrapped, but it's really just a box that you take off the box. They're not really unwrapping paper. You know they do that in movies where you're like, who has the box like that? Why are you wrapping the bottom part and the top part right? But they're separate. I don't like that, No like any of it. So she yeah, that's all happening, And then in the meantime, Seema comes in. Donnie an eepatch.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's like Carrie, I got an eye infection from the eyebrow place. But then she blames it on Adam. That's what I wrote, Yeah right, she milads it on the help. Then Hattie, all this is happening so fast. Duncan shows up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember. He just comes right there and he's like, please join me.
Speaker 1: On the terrace.
Speaker 2: Yeah smoke, Yeah, he wants he has to talk to her.
Speaker 1: I just fee. They're bouncing around. There's a bunch of things people not having fun at this party. Charlotte starts opening the gifts. It does look like a baby shower. Then of course she opens this big purse. Oh they also have this little little side thing where all the girls from the art gallery are like, I didn't get her anything.
Speaker 2: Well, I got her name on the candle. Yeah, I'll put my name on the candle too. You're so funny, you guys. You really have your finger on the pulls of the difference between twenty somethings and fifty somethings. You really got it. Yep, you really did it, you guys. Congrats. Emmy's all around. In fact, we don't even need to wait for the Emmys. Everyone gets all of you get an Emmy.
Speaker 1: The funniest part is that like, that's me now, I'm that like, so shit, did you like a candle? A candle? Put my name on it?
Speaker 2: I love a fucking candle, by the way, and you can always give me a candle. And I know they did an SNL which I loved that SNL song they did about the peach. Remember, like the same peach candle because people keep you gifting the same peach candle. I love a candle too, I love I like this. But Mike, if you give me a candle, just so you know, it has to have a smell to it. I don't want just a random, non smelling candrase. Some people do.
Speaker 1: That kind of a monster would give you a plain candle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's no smell, and you're like, I don't I'm not like, I don't light it for the fire part of it. I'm not like, I'm not like doing a weird scene in my page tub, right, No, I like the smells. I like lavender. Anyone wants to.
Speaker 1: So then so Bitsy is there, don't forget, Yeah, of course she would be. And Bitsy gives her a Fendy purse mm hmm. So everybody's like, oh, like, and she's like, oh I love my Fendy purse. No what what? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that that all happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then Anthony's in the kitchen and uh Gelatto Gelatto von Chianti comes in there and she's being kind of a bitch, but she's like, yeah, so I want to talk to you about your business. Yes, yes, I want to talk to you about your business. None of this is sensical. We don't know why she hates him. I guess we're going to find out in a future episode. But who would act like that?
Speaker 2: So she doesn't know anything about him, like, he's actually pretty good to him. He gave him a job there to get like they're together.
Speaker 1: Right, She's like, yeah, so your business, I guess it's all about sex, right, You're like a sex worker.
Speaker 2: And he's like, no, like I have a brit I have dicto. It's yeah, Dick is in the vision. He was never like a baker or anything. He never had anything to do with like food. Remember, he was like a stylist, Like what why are you doing a stylist?
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And then my next part is can I can I take the duncan part here? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But basically though, she's she's like, so it's all about sex. You're just selling sex like bulges, and then she goes and then He's like, I mean, no, not not really, like I'm really trying to have a business, and she goes, you seem nervous, and he goes, yeah, I'm nervous of course, like I want you to like me. And then instead of just that being like a kind of a nice moment, she goes interesting, like, why does every character have to be so extreme?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead and take the dunkey, take the dunky Duncan.
Speaker 2: Duncan has taken her outside. Anybody's like, I really said a smoke, but I want to talk to you about the book, Carrie. It transported me. The woman wait, wait, let me go back, hold on, let me. I don't I don't want to mess it. I don't want to muck it up. The woman looked out the window.
Speaker 1: I was transported.
Speaker 2: I've never in my life I was transported to the eighteen hundreds with lanterns? What in what way was the woman looked out the window. Did that transport? You don't think he was kidding. You don't think that it's gonna come back? And he was just fucking with her. Oh God, I had so please, Like are they still writing this?
Speaker 1: Have this all? Has it?
Speaker 2: All been filmed already, like, can we get in their heads?
Speaker 1: Can we get in their ears?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it be amazing if like he's so awful that later he's just like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, it was so stupid, maybe sipid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like when he's mad at her, when he won't sleep with her or something. It was like she says, he was like I felt vibrant, I felt alive. I haven't felt a lot really, the woman looked out the window.
Speaker 1: You felt.
Speaker 2: You're a writer, You're like a big time writer, Like that's what you do. You make a lot of money as a writer. But that that made you feel alive. He's fucking with her.
Speaker 1: It's it anchored. It was a beautiful detail tableau. It was a tableau. Carry you should be harry, you should be very proud. You should be so proud of yourself. You're such a ride brilliant. No no, no, no.
Speaker 2: So then I just wrote I hate a Miranda because the wrong, Oh, the wrong. This is when Joy gives a present because okay, because Joy thinks because they all told her that it's three company, that it's a threes company episode, that Charlotte's dog is dying of cancer, not Harry. So she brings a box of like dog choose. First of all, if your dog is sick, you can't just give him random dog jews. It's gonna make him sicker.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give him CBD. It's gonna cure him. I know he has a curable disease and he's dying.
Speaker 2: But I bought some CBD, just a big giant box of it that she had wrapped and already, because you know she everyone has time for that, especially the woman who's like a head producer at the BBC. Get me some dog chews and then get them napped. Please, thank you. So that's so we'd have that.
Speaker 1: Like I told, don't bring it up.
Speaker 3: I said, don't bring it up, and she's oh, no, oh no, I'm going to run over in the middle of the party and I'm just going to stop her and I'm gonna grab it back.
Speaker 2: Oh it's all like it's no questions, asked Benny Hill.
Speaker 1: I really expect them to just go into fast motion and.
Speaker 2: Just and and but yeah, no one questions it, including Charlotte. She's like, okay, thank you, Like she's just sitting there. I'm just I don't know I'm just I don't know. Yeah, so then more karaoke? Is that at this point there's gonna be more karaoke?
Speaker 1: I think I have. Miranda is in the kitchen and she says to Harry, you know what, I just want to tell you that when the unthinkable happens, Charlotte will be devastated, but we will be there for her. And I just wrote, So now we've gone completely, We've launched out into the outer space of Three's company land. Yeah, and Harry's like, wait, what the worst mister Furley dying?
Speaker 2: What but you're saying Larry doesn't have a date with the Smotherton twins but instead but he's got inoperable brain tumor. I don't know what the Smotherton tip. I mean, that was a rough one. Sometimes you just can't I'm not an improv person.
Speaker 1: Yeah really not you crazy. I'll tell you what. I'll meet you over at the Regal Beagle and we're gonna have a bar interew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is is Larry mad at me? Or does he just wanted to give me a surprise party? I don't know. Okay, So yeah, we will be there for Charlotte no matter what. So Harry's like, what the fuck? So he goes to Charlotte. He's like, did you tell Miranda, because like she just said, and she's like no, then we're gonna come back to that because Bitsy starts, oh oh oh no. Now Bitsy gets up and she wants to sing, and she has a crush on Giuseppe because the joke is that she remembers she was married to Nathan Lane. So she loves to be a beard, right, She's either very attracted to like these gay men, or she just doesn't know. She either wants to be a beard or just doesn't get that they're gay, right, right, So she's like and so it's kind of awkward and he gets up to sing with her, and it's just a nightmare.
Speaker 1: I'm in the deep Bend watches I mean Nevin and everybody's like, yay, they have to pay so much.
Speaker 2: Well it's Warner, so it must have been a word. Yeah, that's a Warner by the movie, so it's pay. They have it in their label. You know, they've got it in the vault, right, anything that's owned by them, So that makes sense. That all makes sense.
Speaker 1: Actually, So Charlotte pulls now all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: It makes it. It makes sense that Bitsy would be there singing, yeah, it all thank you.
Speaker 1: She pulls Carrie aside and she's like, did you tell Miranda that Harry's sick? And Carrie's like, no, of course not. I would never, I would never. And then she's like, well she said something. She said something to him that makes it sounded like he knows. She's like, oh, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Get the lady guy twist.
Speaker 1: Oh he must have been listening when they were thought they were taking a shower together. But no, it's like, no, I told Miranda that Richard Burton is sick and dying, dying.
Speaker 2: Of at least they made the comment that that we would feel, which is like, oh my god, why would you say? That's even worse? Right like Charlotte said it, Harry said it, which was kind of funny. That was the only good writing of the whole thing. You're right, like, yeah, okay, that's good. Why would you even put that out there? It's so shitty. Carrie's social bucket. She makes me so mad, she means me so mad, so that Harry they show into the room.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but first there's just this one little thing, which because I keep building to this. It's just so weird. So Bitsy's still singing shallow and uh, what's her name? Gelatto walks over to Anthony and says, I think it's tragic when somebody so much older and is after somebody younger, Like how is like we already know that she was Her husband was like thirty years older than her. So is there some reason that she's just being such an out of control meetings?
Speaker 2: Obviously it's going to come up or not or not with these writers, who knows, but they're gonna have something where it's like, you know, maybe I'm just wish my own choices were different and I don't want that for you know, it's gonna be some of that kind of bullshit, I guess, But.
Speaker 1: Like what if it's not. What if they just leave that? What if this character never comes back? Let's hope. Let's hope.
Speaker 2: So then Harry pulls everybody and he's like, all right, once and for all family meeting, everybody that's close. I'm the one dying, but it's fine. I caught it early. Whatever, don't don't talk shit about my dog. Yeah, I mean, really, Harry is the hero we need here. Yes, Then they're like, oh no, okay. But then we go straight back to Adam flirting with Sema right and she's like I don't, well, you have a girlfriend, and he's like, not any more.
Speaker 1: I ended it when I smelled your perfume? Could this? Could this be any more on the nose?
Speaker 2: And also like, let's say, okay, how old is he? So he's in his early twenties, we think mid twenties. I think he's got to be in his like thirties, young thirties, though he's young. That guy's young for sure, like I think he's if anything. But it's also like, ugh, when I smelled the white shoulder, what is like the oldest perfume? Yeah, not even Janelle, but it's like Seema, you know, is somebody that wears like the kind of perfume that you you have, like a little powder puff yeah, and that's how you put it on. It just smells like like very old woman like white what was it called white diamonds? The Elizabeth Taylor. Once I smelled your white diamonds, I got the fuck out of that yoga teacher's bed. We were in the middle of having sex, and all I could think about were those white diamonds smell. I just feel that that's what she'd be sort of you know, like you really were, by the way, I was just going through like an old drawer. I've been trying to I've been trying to declutter, not doing well. But I used to wear This is kind of an interesting topic, I think for maybe maybe what was your perfume? What was your perfume in the nineties, or did you ever wear perfume? Yeah, obsession, Well, yeah that was early. That was like a like yeah, early nineties, like k the one that was supposed to be the Unisex one member c k ck one.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I didn't wear that for a minute. That was okay.
Speaker 2: But then my big one that I got really like latched onto. It was like, that's my scent, It's my signature scent. It was pleasures, pleasures, like what is it called ponies ces penis. Yeah, it was very light and sweet. But I kept it all these I haven't worn it in like ten years, and it was still in there, and so I smelled it. I was like, oh god, oh no, like even if it smelled the way it used to.
Speaker 1: No, No, So funny because I had this conversation on for crying out loud where we were going over all of our old and I keep it. But I have a little medicine cabinet full of old angel which I used to wear. I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that you kept those because then you can like remember times.
Speaker 1: I used to wear Paloma Picasso, which was for that one, which is really pretty. Yeah, and Treysors.
Speaker 2: You were a fancy one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mine was just pleasures. They had different types. There was one like sometimes I would try it was like Pleasure's dark. And I tried that once and I had a little spice to it. I didn't like it. I didn't care for it, but I wore that for so many years and then but I do, I will say I actually went.
Speaker 1: The other way.
Speaker 2: And I love like a Bath and Body little sprits from Bath and Body Works they have like great little they're just not as heavy. Yeah, it just smells like good shampoo or something, which I like. So they're flirting and she's yeah, he says that thing.
Speaker 1: I dumb.
Speaker 2: He dumped her.
Speaker 1: So she's like ooh, but then she's gonna leave. Remember, because now she's freaked out because she's like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Go young young hippers you guy. Can you can't keep up with me? I carry who's my number? All of you? Brandon's like even me.
Speaker 1: His take on Semo, Yeah, rand is like.
Speaker 2: Do I not seem to need to give you the money for the the apartment.
Speaker 1: You help me buy or whatever?
Speaker 2: So I'm just off the hook, yes, all of you.
Speaker 1: I must go.
Speaker 2: Then Giuseppi says to the mom.
Speaker 1: Well just wait. Right before that, she's gonna leave. But then, but then Adam is like, I'm gonna do karaoke. You're not leaving, and he's like he does. She's got Betty Davis eyes, and he's we can't forget. He won't let us that he was in a band or he's in a band.
Speaker 2: I liked his song though I like the song itself, but I also like the way you sung it, and I liked it. I liked the Keith Richards like, but I thought it was hot. But what I don't understand because he's just funny. He's being goofy, like he doesn't he can actually I think there's something sexy about like talent also but being funny at the same time, like making fun of the thing you're actually doing. Well is it is like a thing. I think that's cool. However, I don't know who he's like, does she have Betty Davis eyes? Because she doesn't, right, Like, how are her eyes like Betty Dave is the jokes of the eyelashes. She doesn't really have especially beautiful eyes. Beautiful eyes. You knew I was gonna do that beautiful. Yeah, I mean, they're fine eyes, but she's an attractive woman. It just is like it just didn't really make sense, right, So then I like.
Speaker 1: See is though, is there like making out in a taxi? She was kind of cute.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna say something else that's embarrassing. I like it in shows and movies where they start out while they're listening to a song on the radio or in this case, karaoke, and then as they move on to the next scene, the actual music from that they were just listening to becomes the soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 2: And they did that, and.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: It's such an easy little device, but it always works for me. So I was like, Okay, I don't hate that they're in a cab make it out. I don't hate it. And the show should have ended there, right, the episode.
Speaker 1: Right, except for well, this is the I mean, this is where I was like, Wow, Carrie is just such a bitch.
Speaker 2: She's so mean. So okay, so Miranda's helping her sort of clean up and take some things Outah you know why.
Speaker 1: Because she's a nice friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's be abused.
Speaker 1: She's the only one there. She brought, she did what she thought was a nice thing, which is bring the karaoke machine. She did nothing but trot. Listen for all the bumbling, she's such a dumbledore, but she's like all of that. It wasn't because she's uncaring. It's because she cares too much. She was like, I really want to make this fun. So for all of that.
Speaker 2: Her character either Miranda, I understand that she can change and now she's whatever, but that is nothing like she ever was.
Speaker 1: But I'm not standing up for her. I'm just saying like, in this scene, yes, for whatever they've done, Miranda doesn't deserve for Carrie to be a bit for her because her motivation in this scene is very obviously like trying to help. She's the last one there. Just like they're friends.
Speaker 2: So they're just friends, like you and I would be talking if you and I were after the party, and we're recapping the party as we would as what friends do, and You're like, huh, look like you were kind of vibing with Duncan can you imagine me getting that mad at you? Like what are you talking about? No? I like, she gets so mad at her for seeing what we could all see the fun. I have a boyfriend, Miranda, I'm in a real relationship. And then Miranda's just like, oh my god. I really felt sad for her. She's like, oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, please forgive me. Don't be mad at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she goes, it was yeah, she goes, it was just like Carrie, it was like, nice to see you having fun. And Carrie gets bud at that, Yes, I have fun. I have fun. And then yeah, Miranda's like, oh my god, I'm not like I'm not saying it, like just let's just just forget it, and she goes, don't do that, don't do that? Just what what? Right? So Miranda's like, well, it just seems like you're, you know, you like you're working really hard with Aiden. She's like, well, not all relationships are effortless. I mean you and enjoy I have been together for like what a few days? Like a week? So like me, Aiden and I are together like twenty years. No, you haven't been together. It hasn't You're not You haven't been with him twenty years. You were married too Big for a long time. You aged in this relationship with Big all the dues that this show wasn't on the air. You were supposedly married. So what are the writers doing with Like you and Aiden have been together twenty years.
Speaker 2: They just erased Big completely. Also, it's really mean to say to your friend who's happy, like, Okay, you've known this girl for like what a month? She didn't say anything wrong, she didn't do anything wrong. She's so mean. Then it gets even worse. She's like, oh, well I read your Something comes up about the book and she's like, yeah, I saw I saw that in your book. I saw that you're looking or you're yearning or something. And she's like, how dare you?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Did you see She's like, well, it's just left there and I just I didn't read the whole thing. I just read and she's like, well, if you've read the whole thing, you know that that's not about me.
Speaker 1: It's fiction. Jesus Christ. Miranda you fucking bitch. It's fiction.
Speaker 2: It was Auntie Country.
Speaker 1: Do you not see that it's from the eighteen hundreds? Stop woman.
Speaker 2: And then Brady, poor Brady, Miranda's son, who's actually doesn't bother me this season, he comes up and he kind of notices, I like the way this actor's playing him a little bit. He's playing him a little like Steve, like a little bit. He's like, Kirie, you liked him, But he kind of is playing it like he's he's all right, he's and miss Steve. Actually Steve was a nice character to have around, right, But Brady notices that. He kind of seems to notice it. He's like, everybody cool, like I gotta he's gonna help clean up. And they have that moment, which is embarrassing, and then Carrie has to pretend to be nice to Brady.
Speaker 1: She's like, oh no, don't worry. She's such a bitch. And you know what makes no sense at all too if we're just just in the context of what is happening in the scene. So Carrie let her downstairs neighbor read her book and give her notes basically, but not her best friend of many, many, many years.
Speaker 2: But they neighbor thirty years.
Speaker 1: Yes, but your neighbor who you barely fucking know, who seems to be just a grumpy grumpus. That guy, you're gonna give him your book and be all like, I don't know, what do you think of my book?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I can't even give you this girls stuff.
Speaker 1: It's girl stuff.
Speaker 2: You write such a big boy stuff.
Speaker 1: But then your friends, she started like a baby. I didn't wait about the women and babies.
Speaker 4: But you white Aboutta and the Winston to you really important.
Speaker 2: People, to you said the good right here, you big boy, you big What was the joke?
Speaker 1: What was the joke that you?
Speaker 2: I want to say, you and Bonnie? But then I got in on it because it was my favorite thing. Was like, oh, we can't do I can't do it because it's problematic.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what it is, Yes I do, and it's okay.
Speaker 2: Just know that there was a joke out there that we're not doing. But yeah, really really funny.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. The way this is written, they're never going to have Carrie apologize. She's not going to think about it and be like, you know what, I kind of was an asshole for no reason. Because of course you picked up my book. Thank you, thank you for being interested in it. No, she'll never she's just decided to be absolute worst and she's just And by the way, don't forget that. They all make fun of the kid who sang that's an idiot theater kid, right, and we're all agree on that. What the hell was that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was a child, probably like bullied at school. Yeah, got a moment out to like sing his little sweetheart out right.
Speaker 1: Fuck you people, fuck you people, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, and there is confused because Aiden Carrie is confused because of Aiden sucks. And then the writing she's writing goes back to the book. The woman held on to what she knew to be true. I wrote that down.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that's what they say. That is exactly word for word what it was. Yeah, yeah, what Harry wait.
Speaker 2: Read that to me. I want you to read that line to me. Read me one of the lines from your books. I'm duncan The woman held on to what she knew to be true? But go back say it again one more time? Please, oh my god, please one more really?
Speaker 1: Really yes, I'm okay, get ready. The woman held on to what she knew to be true, Kerry.
Speaker 2: I I've never much been a loss for words, you know. I'm I'm a writer, and I've I've never felt so much the woman held on.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: I can't even say it to what she knew to be true. I'm transported.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know how to say it. I just like the idea. I like the idea of Carrie, just because it's like, tell me more.
Speaker 2: De bad and went into a biography.
Speaker 1: Did you want to bad? Tell me more about you?
Speaker 2: Wa men, Marite, the big smart stuff, you'd be big brain, you got the big brain.
Speaker 1: It's so terrible, it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Well that's we did what we did. We did our part. You did your part by being here. The writers are not doing their parts. But we're kind of glad for it, because then how else would I get to talk baby talk for a while.
Speaker 1: Bow, what's you? We're gonna see you on Mondays? Yes, we see you on Mondays.
Speaker 2: All right, bye, everybody, guys, we love you. This is what we say on BOARDI f but you can have it to do for today. We love you, we thank you, we are sorry. By bye bye