Speaker 1: Welcome back to E Sports Radio June to seventeenth, twenty twenty five, Tuesday in the Louisville area. If you did not know it, I know, I repeat myself. I'm a third grade reject. I understand that. But I'm telling you one thing. These days are clicking by so quickly. Can you all believe I said June seventeenth, it will be Christmas soon? Trust me, it will be. We're last week of spring summer starting to raise its ugly head warming up. I love that. But welcome back to the show. Phone number is five zero two five seventy nine hundred. That's five zero two, five seven one seventy nine hundred Sports Talk seven ninety kr D. We have Rick behind the glass. Shannon is out you maybe licking his wounds. Rick. I think I had to come in there rough Shannon up yesterday. Yeah, don't tell anybody. That's don't tell anybody, Okay, So that's all. But that is comical anyway, So don't tell anybody, Rick, Rick. Let's bring on my younger son, Anthony Eves to the show. Anthony, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good this morning. I was kind of in the same boat for a second.
Speaker 3: You said June seventeenth.
Speaker 2: I said, I feel like May took like three months and June is almost gone gone.
Speaker 1: I mean, Derby is blown by. It takes a little while, Anthony, because of the hype of Derby, so many things go on, even though we had the flood that knocked out a lot of the festivities for Derby, but still Derby was still great. And it just comes slowly like Christmas. Then it blows by. But it's June seventeenth. We will be saying July fourth in less than two weeks. That's amazing, I'm telling you. Then it's all downhill from there. I hate even saying July, so that means winter's on its way.
Speaker 3: Hate winter, Anthony.
Speaker 1: So anyway, most people do. Welcome back. We've got a lot to talk about now at seven fifteen ish, Anthony. We've got Aiden Robbins calling in former manual, great University of Louisville graduate, two years smart kid, Anthony in and out in two transferred. We're gonna talk about went to UNLV, played at BYU, played a little bit with one of my favorite teams from the old days in Cleveland Browns. We're gonna have him on what he's doing what's transparent in his life. We've got that. Let me tell you something yesterday, Anthony. Everyone knows that Saint Stephen's is my personal workout gym. Guys. I'm usually the only person in there, honestly, and it's a fantastic facility. Anthony. I walked in yesterday and there was a young man sitting on one of the benches, face opposite me. I mean, Anthony had a lot of blue on. I looked at and had a blue Kentucky bag leaned up against the wall. The backpack. You know, he's the enemy. I was like, I started growling, like rufus, you know, our little chauahuah. I was growling at her. He looked like a big pig bull and I was just growling at him and under my breath Anthony, I'm like, wow, cat, what are you doing here? So he turns faces me. I'm like, oh gosh. He says, how you doing, Sir? I said great? He said how are you young man? He says good. I said you got a good workout in He said yes. I said, oh, I better stop growling. He's a nice young man. So I saw the blue and I saw the bag. I'm like god leeve, he's gotta play because Anthony huge, I mean just big, just strong, just big. I'm like, God, wonder who that is. So I started to do my little work out, my little stretching, and you know, I said, He said, I see you're stretching your shoulders. I'm like, yeah, I try to play golf and my shoulders can't lock up. And he laughed and a few other things. And then on his way out and he's walking by me, I said, young, know, what's your name? I had asked me, JJ Weaver. I said, get out of here, not JJ Weaver. He says, yes, sir, JJ Weaver. I said, oh, God, big Blue, I said, who let you in my gyp? And we just started laughing, having a great time. He's going to be coming on also, Anthony, in the next two or three days. Isn't this ironic? And this is the truth, Anthony, he says, I'm so glad. He says, I thought that was you. He says, look, I'm having a camp and Jay Scruggs, myself, Raymond Spaudy. I said, get out of here, Anthony. Yesterday we talked about Scruggs and Raymond Spatty. I'm like there's no way, I said, we just spoke about those they're having a camp. There's a fourth player. For some reason, my old mind will not let me remember Anthony, but they're going to have a camp here. So he's going to come on and hype his camp. We're definitely gonna do that for JJ. So he will be on one day this week or early next week. And also we got the great Damien Lee Phoenix Sunns. Damien Lee will be calling in. Also, I'm gonna talk a little bit about his golf out in Anthony. Of course, we'll play in it again like we always do. Talked to his mother yesterday so he she's, yeah, I have to understand he lives in Phoenix. That's four o'clock, like Coach Beard. So his mom, who's on these since standard time, said, you know, we kind of have to pump him up. Jerry, we have to kind of. I said, yeah, for four am, you do have to pump somebody up. That's early.
Speaker 2: But he will be.
Speaker 1: Calling me, calling in with us, and he's going to stay the entire show. So Anthony, We've got a lot going on. Usually during the summer it's a little slow, but not for us. So Anthony, what do you have for me? Tell me, you don't have to give me that. Just tell me some of the national news before we get to our first break and bring on mister Robbins. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Obviously, obviously some of the big news last night. We all saw the Thunder defeated the Pacers one twenty to one on nine last night, taking that three two series lead over Indiana. Will be playing Game six, will be back in Indy, will be playing this Thursday. It's an uphill climb from here for the Pacers. That that Game four loss, God put him in tough of such such a spot right there, and obviously everyone's in doubt about how a burden and the calf injury that he sustained earlier in the first half. So we don't know how mobile who's going to be Thursday or what he's going to be looking like. But that that just takes another another rock at the car right there.
Speaker 2: For that one. We're just not sure how it's all.
Speaker 3: In the playoffs, even getting into the baseball side a little bit, Murray State was eliminated last night.
Speaker 1: No congratulations, congratulations, So Anthony, they made a great run entire budget eight hundred plus styles in anthony entire budget period. Every team in its coach Anthony left in the College World Series, the coach, the head coach makes more than Murray State's entire budget. Just want people to understand that great run Murray State, great run, go ahead, and I had to, but I just have to a great run by Murray State.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And then obviously l s U and the u C l A game actually got suspended yesterday. I think it had to do with some other delays that were going on. But their game is Pauls right now out of five to three. I think they're the top of the fourth or the bottom of the fifth. Midway through their game. The LSU is up on the game. They'll continue today later this afternoon to finish off that game, and then Louisville will play Oregon State today at two PM as well, so they'll have two games going. I think they'll have one earlier on the day one later on the day. I know the afternoon game is still to be determined obviously, because the winner and the loser of the LSU UCLA game, so they haven't thrown out who's playing that game in the winner or the loser's bracket for the double elimination yet okay, and.
Speaker 2: Then also Otani.
Speaker 1: One hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 3: He had seventeen pitches over ninety five. He came back throwing some heat. It wasn't his best pitching performance, but he still came back and showed.
Speaker 1: Them two years. That was the first time pitching it in two years. Just for now, he Anthony, the mode that you can't play both ways, the mode that baseball you can't be a pitcher and a hitter. He just shattered that that mode's gone. That, I mean, that's gone. That's all there is to it. I hope now that colleges will allow players that have the ability to play both ways to do so because show he has shown him and I know he's a phenomenon. I understand that animy, but still, boy, boy boy, he has shattered that myth gone. Say, we've got a lot to get to Anthony, of course, and we got an interview. We're going to talk about that. That game I always Anthony, I picked okay see, I said, okay, see when they were down to one, I still said, okay see. I said Game four was they must win for the Pacers. I told you that, I said they have. If they get this game, they'll win the World C Championship. But by those last four minutes, Anthony, they just didn't have it. And last night Halliburton, we're going to talk about him. He doesn't have to get thirty. That's not what he does. And I want people to know that you can be a very good player without scoring thirty points. He's different. He is not shake Gilligs Alexander. He's not. He's just different. But you can't do four. I mean, I've defended him when I was in Greenville, South Carolina. I defended him. I said, he can do assists. He does, but you can't get four. I'm sorry, he just can't score four. So that's I mean, that's unacceptable, Anthony, without a doubt. So you know, we're going to get to that a little bit and a few other things. We're going to talk about that game. It's funny this series, Anthony, when you look at the point totals, which I have, both teams came in averaging one hundred and seventeen points a game got me. And there was always one team other than Game one, which was one eleven to one to ten pacers that Anthony, those teams won twenty last night, one seventeen. The winning team gets to their average, the losing team does not. I mean, that's just the bottom line. The losing team does not score at his average. And that's how it's played out in this tournament. So brisically, okay, See gets its first one. That's all there is to it, Anthony. You know, we'll get into the inertia of the game and what happened and transpired. But they get their first one. For a doubt, without a doubt, they're the better total team offensively, they have more weapons. You got eighten on the line for me. So let's do this, Anthony. We've got to aid Robins. Like I said, Anthony, this young man graduated in three and a half years. I was on the five year playing Anthony. I don't want to tell anybody, but I got my degree University of Loot, But I was on the five year plan. This young man came out in two and a half. So we're going to be back with Aiden Robbins after the break former manual great anthy he just doesn't know that we're both Bruins, and he that has no idea that we've got him trapped. So after the break, we'll bring on Aiden Robbins is E Sports Radio seven sixteen. We'll talk to you all in a minute. Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio seven, twenty June the seventeenth. Like I told you, unbelievable, twenty twenty five. It's Tuesday. I will not be on tomorrow. I'm traveling to Panama City, Panama from my family vacation, so we will be playing a best of tomorrow. We'll be back live from Panama City, Panama on Thursday. So Anthony, look, we're going to introduce the young man properly, but Rick, I'm gonna have you bring him on first because he has to know that he's sitting in between two rock wolers. We're bruins, Anthony went to manual. They're not as bad as MAO, but they're on the hit list to Anthony. So let's bring a Robinson. Hey, and how are you? Welcome to EVE Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good? Are you doing?
Speaker 1: Anthony? Tell me what we're doing. We're growling, that's all. You know. We've got a little man you meet in between us. We're bruins. Understand a couple, Yeah, you understand. You know you haven't been going at Landing. You haven't been going that long. You know what valid nation means to people around here. You understand, you know you're up and coming and doing better. But you know, Well.
Speaker 2: Was doing pretty good for himself. I don't think we've seen a loss of ballot in a number of years, so I don't think I'm too worried about it.
Speaker 1: Andy. Why is it that everybody, you know, y'all love that football side because you get to beat up on me and you all remind me of that. But what about the basketball side, Anthony? I know we're kind of one side of the ballot, but we are improving in football. We have we stole Mail, we have gotten one, so we're starting to improve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but made it to the to the state finals not so long ago.
Speaker 1: Exactly right they did. Yeah, I mean I was at the game when Mail beat us, when we fumbled on our one yard line. I was right on the one yard I couldn't believe it, and the quarterback picked it up and ran it in. It was heartbreaking. I'm telling you, I almost cried aiden no bs, I'm like, how did we lose? How did I mean? I'm not gonna like, you know, I'm university of grad Anthony knows. I mean, I'm a lout of a grad, national champion, I'm a brewer. I danged their crime when they lost their just and we got introduced as young men properly though, because of your accolades, which I love, because your academic prowess is just I was so proud of graduating in two and a half years from University of Louisville. But you were recruited by Ivy League schools. I mean a lot of people do understand you wanted to You just don't understand. I researched you, young man. You wanted to go to Brandai School in Law. I was, oh different. I needed a score on average. I wanted my field goal pcentery to be fifty three. I wouldn't worry about Brandon School of all I said this year advanced from Jerry's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, I was.
Speaker 1: You know us history, Anthony, And I'm telling you, boy, we don't want to know our history. Now. That's just a fact. I don't care that anybody says, guys, people aren't telling you the truth. That's all there is, truly. I don't know why, but that's where we are right now. But looking at your background, just great things. Of course, Manual High School, super school, graduating from Manuel, got to listen to your interviews, signing with Bobby Petrino, wanted to follow Michael Bush, who is a great golfer. I mean he kills me, good friend of mine, and he can really play though, and wanted to be the next Michael Bush, the big back at University of Louisville. Stayed two years, which we're going to get into. Went from there, went to UNLV. Of course, I'm going out to Vegas for the summer league in July. Ago out every summer, then transfer to b Yu Anthony. Then you don't know they, but I was a Browns fan, a huge Cleveland Browns fan growing up, so that you even kind of hit checked all the boxes louis and Cleveland other than Manual. I like it. So I want everybody to understand who's sitting with us. Did get his degree spring of twenty twenty two, business Marketing. I have the same degree. You got a business marketing degree also, So I just want you to know that. So we did accomplish it. I'm close to you. I'm close, but that's the only thing we're close to you about Esports Radio. Welcome to the show. So let's just get this thing started. Coming out of high school choosing University of Louisville. Bobby Petrino, what was the thought process when you did have Ivy League, Harvard and Yales after you What was the thought process?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Well, the University of lovel just interested me in numerous ways. You know, first and foremost, that was a dream of mine to play there. You know, ever since I was a child baking environment, I was very fortunate, blessed to have a surplus of offers. I think I had about twenty four scholarships, twenty four to twenty five, you know, visiting around a lot of places. You know, my family and now we traveled. You know, we're well traveled. And you know, ultimately I just wanted to I just wanted to stay home and play for coach Petrino.
Speaker 1: You know his law, his law.
Speaker 2: History with the program, and you know, going there, make an impact in my hometown, get a degree, and you know, chase my dream of going to the NFL.
Speaker 1: Okay now two years, two years, and you leave, tell me what happened with that? You graduate, which I want everyone to understand, and then you leave what was that the transfer portal that was kind of new at the time. You're one of the first ones tell me about the transfer process that you went through, because you did it twice, and I want you to, I want you to elaborate what was going on with that because a lot of kids absolutely well, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be completely transparent. Well, you know, like I previously said, I committed to about the Katrina originally, and I would say Vince Tyror that he kind of took over my recruitment, you know, once Bobby had got terminated from his position, and so ultimately the University of Louisville. I was just kind of blindly getting recruited through majority of that process. And I was, you know, I was still committed to the school during that time, and he they continue to recruiting. They recruited me hard, but you know, obviously there was no coach. I mean, Pete Knocktor was still there. Were still with the program, so still had ties with Pete, and ultimately I just I retained my commitment on blind faith. And you know, Scott Siderfield, they hired him probably a week you know, we just hold for a signing day. They took over my recruitment, you know, told me they wanted they liked me, you know, they want to honor my scholarship and you know have me in all this, and so ultimately, I mean I was still you know, poking around visiting other schools, just doing my due diligence exactly. I just decided I wanted to stay home, you know, no matter the circumstances, and you know, give it a go. Although you know, I wasn't necessarily part of Scott's side of fields, like you know, he didn't really recruit me. He kind of picked up my recruitment, you know, all of my scholarship, the whole nine. And so you know, my mentality was, who cared, Like I'm gonna go in there. I'm gonna play regardless, right, and so obviously, like things didn't go my way. You know, I went in there, you know, gave it my all control. I can control the whole nine, and then things didn't go my way. I knew I wanted to get out of there. But first thing was first, you know, I told my parents I was gonna graduate, and I didn't want to have to go to another school and I didn't want to to start over academically and maybe take the chance of having good season going to the NFL and not and you know, leaving school without a degree, and you know that just that was a non negotiable, you know, with my family, and so I just stuck it out. I got my degree and then you know, it was perfect because the way it was set up, I was I was set up to graduate in the spring of twenty two. So I was like, Okay, this is perfect. I can you know, get my degree in the spring and you know, train the entire spring over Corey Taylor shout out, Cete. Man, that's he's been since I.
Speaker 1: I saw that. I saw that, Taylor. I saw that. Yeah, man.
Speaker 2: So yeah, ultimately we decided to use that time to train and do school, and you know, Louisville said that they would, you know, keep my scholarship through that semester while I trained and get recruited and you know all that, and now I appreciate them for doing that. And so, you know, I was taking visits and you know, basically just going through high school crewment that entire semester.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: You know, coach of Orio Marcus of world Over at UNLV, his program and his offense, it really intrigued me, and you know, it was my first time leaving home, so that, uh, that was probably one of the toughest decisions I made, and you know, recent memories, and so I went and did that, went in there in June, learned the entire playbook in a couple of weeks, and you know, hit the ground running. And because I knew what I was capable of, I had film like you know, I knew I could play for any.
Speaker 1: Team thousand yard rushing. I won't people to know you're a yard rusher, no question. Yeah, tremendous years, yes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And you know, went in there, had had a very productive year, newcomer in the year Conference, newcomer in the year all conference, and you know all that. I ended up entering the transfer portal because they fired our coach uh at like probably the next day after our last game. And people initially were like, oh, he's just in the portal looking for money, and I, you know, Noah, that's that's not the reasoning in the pool because I had no I had zero intentions leaving UNLV, like I had no intention at all. Then my whole world has kind of changed. After the last regular season game and they fired our coach after we had had one of the better seasons in recent history for UNLV, and so.
Speaker 1: There was controversy with that, Like there was controversy with that, I go to Vegas all the time. People wondered about that. Yes, with Marcus and firing. Here's the deal. You don't know.
Speaker 2: He's a great coach and you can see his track record to see what he's doing in Arizona State. He just took them. They just went to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, Aiden, and everybody's just like you listening to Aiden Robbins form A University of Level Manual High School, University of Las Vegas, Nevada, and BYU athlete. Here's the deal, though, do not ever when you said everybody said you were looking for the money, Aiden, I'm still looking for my money. Athletes, I thank you, they can be paid. I'm not ever backtrack off that I should have been paid. You should have been paid. Period. I hate when athletes think that we have to say, hey, no, everyone in the college business, all the way to the secretaries, get bonuses off your back. So do not over taton saying that you deserve to be paid because you did, period, point blank, absolutely no other that makes it billions. There's not another business in the world that employees are not striking or asking for more money when they make billions, other than you, say, a student athlete, and everybody says, oh, they're being greedy eight and don't do that. Don't even worry about that. Yes, if you were looking look for the money, that's what you're It's the American way, period. So great player though, thousand years hard Rusher go on to BYU. I played with the Utah Jazz, and I'm kind of gonna get to break after that because I'm gonna through it to Anthony because he did quite a bit. He left home to go to Chicago State first time ever, and he was like you when you were leaving after your third year, junior year, leaving home, going away by yourself. So I'm gonna let Anthony get involved with us after the break. But we want I want to talk to you about that BYU, that selection, and we know that they've got a great basketball player going there. AJ's going there now, and I want you to tell us a little bit about BYU in that environment, what you thought of the school. Of course, I played an exhibition game there, but I did not go to BYU. I played for the Utah Jazz joll Griffith and I so I know a lot about Utah. But I've got Aiden, Robbers guys on the line. We're gonna be back. Anthony's got some things for him, and yeah, we're not gonna guys with your pit bulls and we're just not. We got Aiden, but we're gonna let him survive through this show. We'll talk to y'all after the break. Welcome back to Eve Sports Radio. June seventeenth, twenty twenty five. Guys, it's seven thirty five for you people that start at eight. You need to be getting close. But be safe, please, People's loved ones are out there. Be safe, Do not rush. Of course, I got Anthony's on the line, Ane and we get ready to throw it to you. We've got Aiden Robbinson. I just want everybody to understand Aiden's gonna be fine. You know, he's about six one and three fourths two hundred and forty pounds, but Anthony, I think between us, I think we can get him. I think we can get him Anthony. But I just want people to know that Aiden can hold his own. So I don't think he's nervous. Are you worried about this? Aiden? I'm sixty six Aiden and I'm benching about I'm benching about one hundred and twenty five on the bench press. You think I can get you?
Speaker 2: I've never been worried about a ballot ruiner.
Speaker 1: Oh see that makes it pretty leave ballot out of it. See there you go. So anyway, tell me about Anthony, But I need to know about that B. Why you experience and tell me about that experience at b YU.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I can elaborate on that. And you playing for the Jazz you kind of you kind of understand a little bit. So yeah, So B, why you came into my recruitment?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: They actually started off in high school. They kind of came later on in high school. I want to say, around the time coach Petrino had got released from his duties. They came around. And initially, you know, I was kind of like, B, why you like, you know, I mean, coming from Kentucky, you don't really root for b why everyone knows back. So I came to recruitment, didn't really know a whole lot about them, but they surprised me. You know. Ultimately, I wanted to take an official visit there and they honestly blew me away. But you know, my heart was at home. Uh like, no matter what happened, I wanted to be a little cardinal. And it's so funny how the Lord works, because you know, we kept good communication. You know, we kept a solid relationship with you know, coach of hockey, coach Harvey, and you know even some of the coaches. I aren't in there anymore, and they just they came back. They actually recruited me when I left Louisville too. Did they came back to say they heard I was in the portal again or they heard that my coachre got fired, and they hit me up, you know, before I even got the portal, because they knew what.
Speaker 1: Truth there you go, tell the truth, the truth.
Speaker 2: Man, And because they knew, they knew there was a possibility I could leave, and you know, I you know, I was, I was. I was highly recruited coming out of the portal again. Yeah, they got a hold of me. I ended up taking you know, another official there just to you know, meet the current staff and you know, you know everyone that's their majority of them were there when they recruited me at high school. So it was kind of like a little family reunion. But man, it was nice to just get out there and you know, see Utah again. Definitely a huge cultural difference going from Vegas to Utah. Yeah, absolutely, definitely a huge cultural difference, but I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Utah is ultimately like a unicorn society. It's very clean. They almost running like a utopia after everybody lives right, everybody lives pretty righteous for the most part. Fan base is second to none, man. And you know, we got another kid from Louisville getting Ashton Taylor, Corey Taylor's son. He's getting recruited out there. He's a scholarship, a little freshman man. Yeah, yeah, that's yeah, and you know we're trying to get that pipeline going. I enjoyed my time at b y U mad My one thing I definitely took advantage of while I was there, and part of the reason I did choose to go there over pretty much I could pretty much win anywhere in the country. I was number one back in the transfer portal, and ultimately I just decided to go there. One relationships, two football, and three life after football. And you know that that's partially while we hopped on the call to day and that my my opportunity. The opportunities I had at b y U to extend my network and make numerous connections with very highly successful, highly highly successful people. I definitely took advantage of that for my network and was able to create opportunities for myself through that. Although football football, football was kind of like a rocky road for me. While I was there, had a great off season. I actually came in, I had researched. I remember had to sit out Spring, but I was just grinding, grinding, grind because I went in there. I think I was like two thirty when I got in there. I put on like ten pounds of muscle during that off season because you know, I was injured and I couldn't do Spring. Boss, I'm just I'm just grinding. I'm working out about three times a day, I mean, right. You know, obviously we have a little more resources than we did at you and LV.
Speaker 1: Not not a whole lot more.
Speaker 2: But we had more for sure, because you know school, Yeah, and so then you know, obviously we go to training camp. You know, I'm in there and the starter having a good training camp, and then I broke my rib and I didn't know I had broken ribs, but I knew something was wrong, and you know, I played the first couple of games and it, honestly, it just became unbearable, like to the point I just couldn't like, I couldn't even perform. And I was putting on bad I was putting bad tape out there, and yeah, you know, better to sit out rather than put bad tape on. So so I set out for I think I was out four weeks basically, basically half the season. So then I came back at the midpoint and you know how to had a very strong second half of the season, and that's what prompted me to enter the NFL Drive and you know, ended up ultimately signed with the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: Now, there you go, Anthony, You yes, you did. You will travel, had an opportunity to see the world, Anthony, But you got for eight other than the manual? Man, what do you have for it?
Speaker 2: Anthony?
Speaker 1: Ye can hear? Yeah? Yeah, no, we can go ahead, okay, good good yep.
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna pull asking you kind of the difference because I know that you also signed undrafted for the Cleveland Browns and then you signed with the UFL with the San Antonio Brahmas. The big difference, what's the big difference between lifestyle, traveling, everything from training in the NFL to the UFL. Have you seen any big differences? Is there are a lot more similarities than people know, because I don't think a lot of us are familiar with the u of L as much as it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm.
Speaker 2: Absolutely I'll be happy to liebright on that. So, I mean, logistically it's very different because there it's a new league one, you know, they just kind of formed it. I'm not I'm still not really educated as much as I should be on the league. You're not just playing in it. But I know I think this was what the second year of the league. Rocks do a good job. Man, He's I think I think this league is gonna be successful in comparison to the previous time they try to do it when the leagues went under, But I think this time will be successful. It's only eight teams in the league, so logistically it's it's it's kind of weird because like all the teams a majority in the Southern United States, and with the exception of what like Saint Louis, Michigan and DC. That's really it. The three teams in Texas and Team Burnmanham Team Memphis. That's it to my knowledge. But it's yeah, it's it's weird pretty much.
Speaker 1: Did right? So you flew to the games the DC. You always get on a charter flight or would you all fly commercial?
Speaker 2: No, we were getting on charter flights.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Well, just you're very similar to college. You go to the you know, you get on the airport and you go. Yeah. So I mean it was very similar. But uh, from a personnel perspective, I would say it was very you know, it was kind of everywhere. Honestly, what majority of the players played in the NFL or you know where NFL vets are trying to get back to the NFL, I say a solid eighty five. We're in the NFL for at least a year or two trying to get back to the NFL. Some guys were in the league, you know, some guys in the UFL played you know, had a second contract in the NFL and everything. I just and just playing football. Some people are trying to go make it to the NFL coming from Arena or you know wherever they were, and some people were just just have been in the UFL of it.
Speaker 1: Since give me a range of the salaries. I have no idea what are the range? Tell me what you mean, but what's the range of the salaries?
Speaker 2: It's way different. You get everyone makes the same amount of money in the UFL, Like everyone gets the same Yeah, everyone gets the same games. It fixed and so that was probably financially, that was definitely the biggest difference. Like you have your quarterback making the same amount of your free safety, which in the NFL, you know that that will never be the case. You're running back is never gonna make as much as your quarterback or you know, you're yeah, you know how it goes. So yeah, that.
Speaker 1: And you were paid by game? Is that how it went? You were paid by games? Here every week?
Speaker 2: Every week?
Speaker 1: How many games would you all play? How many games? Ten games?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a that's another difference. You know, obviously the NFL season long you got seventeen games, three preason games and you know, plus playoffs. This is no preseasons, just straight ten games. It's ultimately, you know, I came to the conclusions pretty much like an NFL G league. You know, you go there, Yeah, it's like going to play in the summer league and trying to get another opportunity to go back and training camp and you know, get back, get back to the NFL. That's really what it is.
Speaker 1: How many players are on the roster Football's got how many are it's smaller.
Speaker 2: I think there was like forty three. I want to say it was definitely less than an NFL roster for sure.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. Okay, now, because we're blowing by, let's get to our last break. When we come back, we want to talk about where you're going to go from here. Where are you going to take all your football experience or edu what you want to do with your true future. We're going to talk about that after the break. Got Aid and Robbins, Anthony Eves and myself. Of course, the brand will be back after the break. Welcome back to the Sports Radio seven forty eight, GOT eight and Robbins on with Anthony and I. Of course, I want to remind you all again that's best up tomorrow, be traveling. After that, we'll have JJ Weaver on and Damian Lee the next two or three days. I know JJ Weaver is a more boy, and I'm going to take care of him just like we're taking care of this manual. Man today, Aiden tell me something great education. You got a University of Louisville, further your education at the universities recruited by the IVY League. You were telling me that you may have an opportunity in the healthcare administration through is it providence administration? What's going on with that? What does your future look like business wise?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For sure. Well, coming through school, I didn't necessarily know what I wanted to do postfal well, but I knew whatever I did, I was going to be great at it. Right, So you know, I got my degree, I pursue Masters of I pursue Master Arts and Urban Leadership at UNLV because I got during the summertime, so I couldn't start my NBA because you know, it was too late an application process. So then I had made the transition to BYU. Ultimately I was fortunate enough to start there, and you know, I was able to apply to their very rigorous NBA program in the Marriott School of Business, and I was the first football player to be admitted, and you know, that was a huge honor being able to do that. And so while I was in the NBA program at b yu. I was afforded numerous opportunities to network. Were very you know, like I was telling you in the past, very high skilled, high power.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 2: People are very high stature, and you know, I used that to my advantage. And you know, through my character and things that not only found the field, but off the field as well, being you know, a team captain and things that nature. People really gravitated towards me and like certain traits that I had, and so I did have opportunities come up from that. And that is why I like to harp and you know, tell people that you gotta treat treat a poor man like he was a millionaire. You know, treat everybody the same for everybody. Respect conduct yourself in a certain manner, in a certain way because you never know who's listening, you never know who's watching, you never know who's around, and you know, take advantage of relationships. Man. It's huge, you know, me being able to do that over the course of my career. Yeah, it afforded me an opportunity to pursue healthcare administration, you know, and and and have you know, high status positions in the corporate world. And you know, ultimately my mother, she works in healthcare as well. She does clinical analysis her memory and in Georgia, and so you know she inspired me. I grew up around healthcare. I've been around in my whole life, man, so you know it was kind of a win for me to know, like, Okay, yeah, like when when my when my bob playing days is over, That's that's what I'm gonna do, you know, And so you're very greatful's opportunity for sure.
Speaker 1: Well let me tell you something, Anthony. Here's a funny thing. As I'm researching you vice president of student council in middle school, and I was just getting in trouble in middle school. That's all I was doing, was getting in trouble, in trouble, not vice president of student county. But no, no, excellent. I mean you've done a fantastic You took advantage of your educational opportunities, which is the most important thing. And that's what I need you to make sure that you get to all the other athletes that when they're having an opportunity to graduate early. We know now that the summer schools you can go before where you get for your freshman year you're admitted into universities. Make sure you take advantage of that so that you can do the transfer portal, get your NBA and other advanced degrees that will set you up. So congratulations on all your accomplishments, truly, and well, I'll watching you and I've got a few people that you may want to contact also that is in the business, that the healthcare business, that may be able to guide you and lead you. So we'll talk more. Now, who's your team? The pacers are? Okac, who you're pulling for?
Speaker 2: Oh Man Thunder and seven man.
Speaker 1: Thunder and seven? Well, I picked the Thunder at the beginning, I did. I was sweating a little bit on my prediction. They're trying to make me look bad on the air because I'm pretty good at this. I picked the Thunder and I think they'll win it in seven. Also, but what do you think about Halliburton? He's either a superstar or last night he's.
Speaker 2: Just on subject. They Yeah, I'm sure haller burn is a pros pro. But a pros pro has to show up every game, no matter everything. And I understand, you know, sometimes you're in a slum, but it's the finals, man, the team needs people. Don't win unless he drops thirty, you know, this, that's a fact.
Speaker 1: No that Anthony brought that up. My son Anthony said that, and he said that the entire I tried to give him a break because he is a point guard. He does want to ship the ball. But you still can't do four. I mean, guys, these are his stats. Listen to this, Oh for six, oh for four from the three, four four from the pre throw life four points. See. And here's the problem. I think he doesn't understand. I know, let's just say he wasn't injured. He's got to be Oh for fourteen, you just had off night, but you try, oh for six means you got down on yourself and you didn't try, You didn't put it out there. Oh for fourteen is not failure. Tell people all the time, not trying his failure. Shoutn't yourself down over six? As a starter, it's failure. And that's the only problem I have with you. I want to see him exempt insert himself to where at least people can say he just didn't get it done. But over six is was he injured? Was he hurt? How was his calf?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you know how it is as a starter, especially being a start player in basketball man, like you have the green light. Take over. Shoot if you're the clump, shut your way out the plump. You know what I mean, take over, take it.
Speaker 1: It's your team. Do you remember two games ago when he shot the forty foot or right below the jump circle and made it exactly. He has the green light, and when he's feeling it, he shows it. When he doesn't, he pulls up you and he caterpillars on me. And I don't like those cocoons. I told him all the time as a player, but I don't like cocoons. I need you to come on out and be a butterfly. I just can't have it right. But anyway, I appreciate talking to you. We're gonna have to meet. We got to get lunch of cause you know Chris fororehand who introduced me to you. I know Chris really well. He's a rapper, you know, he's the rapping preacher as we all know, trying to help the community. And you just continue to strive and do great things. Do you think you're gonna play any more football? Do you think you're done? Well, tell me where are you're right now?
Speaker 2: We'll see what the Lord has a store from you there you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's the best thing to do. Put it in his hands. Stay in shape, keep your mind in shape, keep your body in shape, young man. Keep helping the community, and anything I can do definitely will get lunch. Because there are a few people that I do know that you need to know, so we.
Speaker 2: Will definitely, absolutely well. I have a couple of mentors going on here, some of my childhood friends and I. We have a lot boys incorporated and essentially we're just buying back the block and we're renovating homes, purchasing homes, fixing them, putting them on the market, whatnot. And then you know, aside from that, on the philanthropy side, I will be starting nonprofit soon and hopefully launching my own camp series next year. And you know, I love the path you involved.
Speaker 1: So without a doubt, we'll definitely do it. Hey, No, appreciate you coming on the sports radio. What a credit you are to your mother and father. They've done a tremendous job with you and just the best success. And definitely keep me in the loop, guys, I got it. I appreciate you, appreciate you. I'm going to Panama City, Panama I'm gonna enjoy myself. I will talk to you all live, God willing, on Thursday. This is the Sports Radio. Have a fantastic day, talk to you later. Bye bye