Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 3: Two nothing.
Speaker 2: It's Alva not so fast Coho breath with Don Taylor.
Speaker 3: I say that the winner of the Draft lottery should be the winner of a two man loose.
Speaker 4: And Rick Dolly Wall I had a cherry tree up little Ricky. I used to go up that tree and just sit there for hours and a bunch of new Jery years.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: Ten o'clock at Downtown That Cooper run the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dollywall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man of the controls, our director, the voice of God Fresh on vacation, Derek Wong, how are you couldn't be better? The NHL Draft Lottery goes today four o'clock Pacific. The Canucks with the best lads, best odds of landing the number one pick. We'll deal with that a little bit later. A lot of history there with the Canucks when it comes to the draft lottery. None of it good. No. In the meantime, we're going to focus, as we have for so long now on the Canucks search for a new general manager, possibly a new replacement for our replacement for Jim Rutherford. Pierre Dorian is getting all sorts of traction right. There are people reporting that he's going to be the Caducks next general manager, replacing Patrick Alvin. So the lesson from Vancouver and Toronto, if indeed this happens, is that if you do a poor job and you break the rules, you can be the general manager of a Canadian national hockey league.
Speaker 4: And if you're at a big if you're not working for a few years, step right up. It's okay, It's okay.
Speaker 3: John Chaika, Keith Pelly and Matt Sendin could not have come across more uncomfortable than they did yesterday with the Leafs. But that's a matter for another city. Let's focus on the Canucks. What are you hearing? And we talked about Pierre Dorian yesterday about him getting two interviews, one of which was in person. What's the latest?
Speaker 4: So there is no question that Pierre Dorian is named Don one of the leading candidates to be named the new GM of the Canucks. But I want to say this too, he's not been hired. Other top candidates I know have not been told they are out. This is a process on going, not imminent today or tomorrow. This could take a few more days before they find someone. Ryan Johnson is still in the mix today. You can be a strong candidate, Don and maybe somebody passes you in a couple of days or a week or whatever. But definitely hearing a lot about guy Dorian. Now we know they wanted experience. He impressed, like I will tell you, he impressed in his interviews with Vancouver Dorian. One thing that could be appealing for the Canucks is that Dorian has moved bad contracts in the past. He moved Eric Carlson in twenty eighteen. Well, there is there not a bad contract in Vancouver, Dot right now that you are you, you are that you harp on every day the week. Well, guess what it is hard to do rebuilds with bad contracts. He has traded a ton of big names in Canadian market. He's done that, and surely he can move Ellie's Petterson right, right, surely, surely, hey, a general manager in the Western Hockey League can move Petterson if the owner decided to take money back every year. It's not hard to do. The moment the owner says, okay, I'll retain for six more years. That deals.
Speaker 3: That's so easy. Why are they Why is Jim Rutherford sticking around?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: Great question. I can see why Francesco Aclini likes Dorian. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 3: Experience.
Speaker 4: He's got it worked in the Canadian market, got It, dealt with Canadian media. Got It has established relationships in the NHL. Got It has worked with the Demanding order before got It. So you're all for this, don't you put words in my mouth. I never said that.
Speaker 3: You just said you can see why Francesco aquall.
Speaker 4: Did I say, I can see why?
Speaker 3: I yeah, I know you can see why he would be impressed by Pierre Dorian. I hope and this happens a lot in the corporate world. You know this. Yes, you've worked for Bell and Rogers and everybody else.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I hope that they're not hiring somebody strictly based on how they come across and interviews. People can pull the wool over I get the fielding. That's what happened in Toronto as a matter of fact. But that's what that's that's my opinion. I hope they can separate the two things. Is this guy the right person for the job or is he just somebody who gave gave good interview?
Speaker 4: Come on, he impressed in the interviews, is what I've been told. But here's the thing don that I don't get. He was fired in Ottawa for botching up a trade. Do you know the guy that helped him botch up that trade was Ryan Bonus. They worked together on botch He's also still in the mix. So two of the Canucks finalists for the GM job in Vancouver are two guys who screwed up a trade together in twenty twenty three. That is amazing to me that two guys are on the short list. One guy many outlets today think is going to get the GM job. Two guys are screwed up a trade in twenty twenty three, or two of the finalists, And.
Speaker 3: So who's still alive? O? Let me, let me let me start here, Let me start here. OK, we're understanding today that Shane Doan is no longer a candidate to join the Knucks organization? Have I got that right?
Speaker 4: That story was broken out of Arizona yesterday? First we reports out of Arizona dones out in Vancouver. Here's what I was told about Shane Doan got a zoom interview. I don't think don can't get confirmation that he got the second in person interview. I don't know what happened with Shane don't. Maybe he wanted the president's job. The Canucks don't want to hire a president because they got one. I don't know. I'm trying to work on that, but I've been told he did not get an in person interview. Reports out of Arizona first yesterday that dones out in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Evan Gold Boston.
Speaker 4: As far as I'm concerned, Evan Gold's in the mix, Ryan Johnson in the mix, assistant GM and bonuses in the mix. Langan Brunner is another name. We're hearing that. Brett Patterson from Florida. Is he still in the mix. So there's none.
Speaker 3: Of these guys have experiences at GM and not a Canadian market.
Speaker 4: And so why is Dorian So why is Dorian's name coming up hot and heavy today?
Speaker 3: Hot?
Speaker 4: I'm telling you heavy, hot and heavy. It's it's hot and heavy today experience.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: This owner has clearly stated he doesn't want to hire a third straight rookie GM. He's scared. He's scared.
Speaker 3: Gillis was a rookie GM and it worked out.
Speaker 4: I saw out some don't. His last two gms didn't work out, Jim Benning and Patrick Alvin rookie gms didn't work out, don And that's combined, those two combined for eleven years.
Speaker 3: And where are the connects with Ryan Johnson? Because I know what's gonna happen here, and I'll and people a few years from now will go man done, you were bang on, which is often the case. They're going to hire Pierre Dorian and the rebuild will go or whatever they're gonna call it, retool, small R rebuild, high high bred, retool, whatever, it'll go awry. Ryan Johnson will go to the Nashville Predators and excel. Oh mark that down.
Speaker 4: Market been around for a long time, Ryan, get that mark down the time. Donny said that mark down the time. My biggest fear is Ryan Johnson.
Speaker 3: Where are we?
Speaker 4: You just said something that I got to touch on. My biggest fear is that Dorian went in there and said I could fix this in two years. That's that's my biggest fear.
Speaker 3: Please don't tell me that. I I want to hear that.
Speaker 4: I told you why I think the Canucks like Dorian. But my biggest fear is this owner fell in love with Dorian because he told him I can fix it in two years.
Speaker 3: That would be been there, done that. That's what every Knuck fan is saying right now.
Speaker 4: The biggest nightmare in the history of the Canucks is if Dorian went in there and said, I'll fix it in two years. Hook line sink You're in. That's the biggest fear of any bet Ryan Johnson, you don't hear much about him. I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm not gonna lie to you. As every day goes by, I think the chances of Ryan are less and less. I don't hear his name. We hear all these others. You say to me, Shane, don't Evan Goal, Ryan Bonus, Langer, Bruner, Lawrence Gilman. But you know Lawrence Gilman is not in the mix of Vancouver. I was told Columbus yesterday. I was told by he's with them. The Canucks have not asked for permission to talk to Lawrence Gilman. I think him and Mike Gillis is a pipe dream. It's too late. I think they're so far ahead in this don They got so many needs with Dorian. You mean all these guys, all these guys, it's hard to bring these. As of yesterday morning, they had not called Columbus for permission to talk to Gilmot.
Speaker 3: So Pierre Dorian, as of this morning, has emerged as I would say, the number one candidate to take over from Patrick Alvin twenty sixteen to twenty twenty three. That's when he was the Ottawa Senators general manager under Eugene Melnick. Ryan, do we have that board of the moves or the trades that what's going on? Do we have it? Or you're scratching yourself there? Okay, Derek, we got it all right? Good, there you go. So significant Pierre Dorian moves in Audawa. This wasn't good. Traded micause A Jinabad and a second round pick to the Rangers for Derek Prissard and a seventh rounder. Zabina Jed went on to become i'd say a pillar for the New York Every part of the mark Stone to Vegas for Oscar Lindburg, Eric Branstrom and a second rounder Eric Carlson to San Jose for package that included Josh Norris a twenty twenty first round pick that was used for Tim Stoots, so that that was a good deal. He failed to make Vegas this is this is the mistake he made where he broke the broke the rules. And Ryan Bonus was in on this as well. Failed to make Vegas aware of the Jenny Dad nosst ten team no trade list, resulting in a trade between Vegas and Anaheim getting squashed in twenty twenty two. And not long after that he lost his job. And that's what I was saying at the start of the show that John Jacobs shockingly against that job with the Leafs after getting in trouble with the Coyotes and with the league to the point where he lost his job, and the same thing with Pierre during during and now we understand that he's gonna he's seemingly on the verge of taking over the conuction job. That's a little surprising, I should mention. On the positive side, is there another part to this board, by the way, No, okay, So drafting wise, Pierre during rag about this, and rightfully so. We mentioned that twenty twenty draft. Yeah, Tim Stuttzell taken by the Ottawa Senators third overall. They also got Jake Sanderson fifth overall and Ridley greg twenty eighth overall, all of whom have played around two hundred and forty NHL games or more, in the case of Tim stuttsl four hundred and forty seven games. It's how scouts look at it was at a successful draft. Well, how many games did the guy play? And Jake Sanderson three hundred and three games. Todder Clevin was in that draft as well. That's an outstanding draft by any measure for any team. So you give Pierre Dorian that. It's just that this this name Rick wasn't mentioned until the last couple of days. I'm taking a lot of people by surprise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and again today he's the hot name. We're not saying he's getting hired. There's either interview. Guys have not been Ryan Johnson hasn't been told he's out. Other guys haven't been told there out. It's a hot name today. Hearing a lot about it. A lot of media outlets are reporting that he's the hot name and he could be the new GM, but it's not done. The process continues. They haven't told anyone they're out, So let the process play out and let's see what happens. But definitely a lot of buzz about Dorian today for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got we gotta take a break, so we're gonna deal. This is such a big day in connuct for Conduct Nation NHL draft lottery connects with the best odds of landing that number one overall slot for the June National Hockey League Draft. We'll deal with that. And if you're a long time Conduct follower sufferer, you know that the draft lottery we talked about it earlier has not been kind to the banker of ecnducts. Here's what's coming up on the show, DTMC Is it just me in the eleven o'clock hour. Craig Button will join us just after eleven o'clock former National Hockey League General manager. We'll see what he thinks of Pierre Duran and Ryan Bonus and maybe some names we don't know much about it, like like Evan gold a big ride, the quitter guy coming up later this hour, and up next Jamie mcclennan does Attawa Senators are broadcasts. He knows about Pierre Dorian. He's going to join us next. Jamie mcclennan noodles next from TSN. Thanks for tuning in, Folks, Big Day, Donning Delly the team on.
Speaker 2: Check Donnie and Dolly. The team is supported by Ableauctions dot CA. Closing your Business were you can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business.
Speaker 4: And sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email sales at able auctions dot ca. That's sales at ab l E Auctions dot ca. It is Tuesday and all of our guests today brought to you by our title sponsor Able Auctions able Auctions dot c a as we bring in from TSN. Noodles Jamie mcclennan, who couldn't join us yesterday as he normally does every second week on on a Monday, but he joins us today, Jamie, thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 7: How are you not too bad? How are you guys doing today?
Speaker 3: Very well? You're very familiar with the Ottawa Senators. What goes through your mind when you hear about Pierre Dorian being a strong candidate to take over as Canucks GM.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean the one thing that if you're a Sins fan or I you know, work closely to the team, is pretty good talent evaluator. If you look at his draft record, I mean that first round that they had, which included tim stouts like Jake Sanderson, Ridley greg All in one draft. I mean that's three cornerstone pieces to an organization that are you know, going to be pretty much successful for years to come. So I look at Pierre. Every manager makes mistakes. I'm sure he would say that too, but you know, in the end, you know he signed Drake Bathurson. A lot of these guys are on term deals and they're pretty value contracts for instead of considering what they bring to the table. So Pierre Dorian's name, I did hear that. I've heard a lot of different names, so I don't know where they land. But again, sometimes you're better in your second situation than you are first. But I look at a guy like Pierre Dorian, who's you know, set the Ottawa Senators up for years and done a pretty good job in certain situations for them. Yes, there are other things where there was a you know, the draft pick that they lost. I can't remember what trade was that dead enough Dad enough, So that didn't go so well. So as much as there's positive, there is negative. Like any manager, you know, the best managers in the league still have missus and still have mistakes on their on their docket. But it's how you learn from them and how you're able to adapt and move on.
Speaker 3: Someone else with a strong Autawa connection, And I'll hate you with this, Jamie. I don't know how much you know about him. But Ryan Bonus and also considered a strong candidate for the for the Canucks job. What do you know about him?
Speaker 8: I know a lot about him and I love Ryan as well. I think Ryan is a real progressive up and coming. Obviously it runs in the family. His dad is one of the most beloved coaches of all time. You know this is that Kevin Bake and the six degrees of the Bonus family. Because you know, I've had Rick as a coach with the Islanders, obviously cross paths with him in a lot of hockey circles. Ryan, you know, was the AGM with the Ottawa Senators, did a terrific job. I think he's a great talented evaluator as well. So you know, you never know how guys going to be until they actually get into the chair, because being an assistant GM is so much different than being in the main chair.
Speaker 7: But I think, you know, hockey runs in his blood.
Speaker 8: I think Ryan Bonus is going to be a manager in the league, whether that's in Vancouver or somewhere else.
Speaker 7: It's just a matter of time for him.
Speaker 8: I think he's a fantastic human and and would be an unbelievable candidate as well as Dorian.
Speaker 3: I know you're located back he's but what do you think Ryan Johnson is thinking of this whole process. He's been such a solid soldier for the vankor for Canucks.
Speaker 7: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 8: I spoke to somebody this morning that you know, has connections to the Canucks as far as you know, just ties to the organization and said it would be a travesty if Marj didn't get that job. And for what he's it's almost like drafting and developing. They have developed him within the organization, He's learned under you know, everybody there, and to me, he should be the number one candidate.
Speaker 7: But again you have to do your due diligence.
Speaker 8: Doesn't mean they don't land on him or keep him in the organization as a very valuable piece. But I think RJ's another wonderful candidate. When you're looking at some of the people that could could you know, succeed, I think he would be one of them. And you look at his track record even within the organization, and how well he's done in Abbotsford and how well respected he is. You know, I wouldn't say I would be shocked if he became the GM, because I think it would be the natural progression. I would be more shocked if he didn't at least get a serious consideration for it, based on he's right in your backyard and you know him and you know the fiber of the human beings. So a lot of good things about RJ. And you know, I do believe it's just a matter of time for him getting in the chair again. I hope it's in Vancouver because they have developed him. If it's not, it'll be somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jamie, what about John Jaco, the new GM of the may Police the press conference yesterday? What did you think of it?
Speaker 7: Chris Johnston was in the building and he used the word uncomfortable. I don't you know.
Speaker 8: The one thing that I always try and remove emotion from is you can't win or lose a like a press conference. And then the from Mapleys over years have tried to win press conferences and the last couple haven't gone as well for them. I just want to sit back and judge their body of work. And I actually just used Pierre Dorian as an example. First time on the job, probably learned a lot and your second time is going to be a lot different based on some of the relationships you have, some of the lessons you've learned along the way. I've been trying to give John Cheika that type of leeway as well. Let him settle in. It's a different team, different resources. Keep in mind he was running or I'm sorry, Arizona and Phoenix, so I guess it was called with overs horses.
Speaker 7: I mean the league was running it.
Speaker 8: As far as finances, he had a crazy owner that was, you know, seem to be weird and do some weird things, so you know, this is a different you know, it's a different animal, though I will say it's not Arizona like he is.
Speaker 7: He was going from one of the most.
Speaker 8: Obscure organizations to the biggest ones on planet Earth when it comes to hockey coverage. So that's going to be a culture shock for him. But yesterday was uncomfortable on a lot of different levels. Uh not even the Steve Steve sent Simmons question that you know, we all know it shook the internet, but you know, Rosie Demando follows up saying, you know, I'm still confused, where's the hierarchy, Who's who's answering to who? And so there's still a lot of questions out there. I think the one thing they wanted to do is get through the press conference and get to work. And they're on the clock tonight. We'll see how the draft lottery goes. And same thing for the Canucks and the Flames in the Winnipeg Jets and teams here in Canada have a lot of skin and what's going to happen tonight. But it certainly was a weird day for the Toronto Maple Leafs yesterday.
Speaker 4: Fifteen goals in Game one. Colorado Minnesota the Wild just announced moments ago a goaltending change. Are you surprised?
Speaker 7: Not surprised?
Speaker 8: I think you know Walstead they were a tandemal season long, so you had to know at some point that there was going to be a switch.
Speaker 7: I think you know.
Speaker 8: You look at how how well Walsted played in the first series. It's only natural sometimes you're going to hit a bit of a wall, even a scenario where you do take a step back, even if it's a game, you give him a little bit of a breather. But I'm not surprised by that. Plus, keep in mind, with your pre scout, you want to give different looks. Colorado certainly found something on Walstead. Now they'll go to Gustafson and see if Gustinson can slam the door shut and they can get that series. E Well, I think that series is going long. And I've said this all along, and now I have to preface my comments saying I've been wrong and all of my picks so far. So but I thought Minnesota's going to give them everything and even potentially win that series. That's how close I thought they were, and that was no slight on Colorado because they haven't done anything wrong. It was more about how well I thought how well rounded Minnesota was, from their goaltending to their d They've got two stud defensemen, not just one, two stud and then their forwards are very deep. So it's a pick them for me, and I think Minnesota's going to give them everything they can.
Speaker 3: Man, the Hurricanes look like they're headed to this Towny Cup final. They win an overtime. They're all played in overtime with the Flyers and they end up winning an overtime three to two. They haven't lost yet. Freddie Anderson nine to fifty eight save percentage, one oh two goals against the average, the former Toronto maple Leaf. What do you like about his game right now, Jamie.
Speaker 8: I'd like the fact that he's in the net. And what I mean by that is that this is a guy who has unfortunately battled the injury bug at critical times. So the fact that he's playing games and looks comfortable and looks very happy that when you look at the way that they play in front of him, it suits Freddie. There's not a lot of side to side motion they're able, like Carolina is elite defending, and they've got tremendous sticks, so a lot of times there's not that extra pass, extra play, So Freddie can be six foot five, two hundred and thirty in the net and front a lot of shots and make the saves that he should. I thought he was brilliant against Ottawa, absolutely brilliant. I don't think he's had to be brilliant against Philadelphia. But what he's had to be is good a couple of big saves at the right time for his team, and I think he's done a fantastic job. There's never been a doubt in my mind Freddie's ability. It's his availability that has been a concern for me. So far, so good for Freddy because he's in the net for them, has.
Speaker 3: A Sabers looking forward to that and those those two buildings that should be tremendous Game one tomorrow. But let's stick with goaltenders. Mister Goltander, Yakub Dobish, what do you like about his game right now?
Speaker 8: So he reminds me of Yarrahollac when Montreal went on that run and they had Carry Price sitting on the bench, and I mean Jacob Fowler seems to be carry price sitting on the bench and it's Dobush that's running.
Speaker 7: Who could be Halac. But you know, the one thing that.
Speaker 8: I was concerned about Jillac coming or not Jullac, sorry, dobis coming into the playoffs is that he's very emotional. He wears his emotion on his sleeve, and sometimes I've always felt that was counterproductive as a goaltender, because sometimes you've got to be just calm in the net and don't let anything rattle you. He uses his emotion to to basically drive him, and I think it's amazing because you know, what you see is what you get from him. He works hard in the net. I think he's a very good goaltender, and you know, always when you're looking at the Montreal Canadians are going, yeah, great with him. But let's see what Fowler's made of. I think Dobish has made everybody go. Let's put Fowler on the back burner for now, because he outdueled and Andre Vassilevski, who in my mind is the best goaltender on the planet the way you build them, and he's going to probably win the Vesna this year and Vasilevski wasn't like we played poorly. It's just that Montreal was one goal better, one bounce better than Tampa, and Tampa's at home today and Montreal's playing Buffalo. So do Bush against Alex Lion. I guess it'll start with Lion. I wouldn't sleep on him. He's been a great goaltender, especially when the chips are down. Let's not forget what he did for the Florida Panthers to get into the playoffs the year they won their first Cup. It was Lion that ended up giving away to Bobroski and then Bebroski went on the run. But Lion is a he's a gamer, and if he falters, they'll go right back to UPL. So evenly matched in net of that series.
Speaker 3: Would you agree as we wrap up here, Jamie, that the goaltender who did the best job of controlling his emotions over the years was Ron Hextall.
Speaker 7: I mean yes, depending on what type of emotions you talked about.
Speaker 4: What happened to that?
Speaker 3: That was fun.
Speaker 7: He was my like Hexsey was my first NHL goaltender partner. He was my mentor.
Speaker 8: Okay, and you know, I know you're going to pull up the clip and say, oh, well, you ended your career on a suspension. I wonder if Hexy will put that into your mind. I had Ron Hextall as my first goalie partner and my first goalie coach was Billy Smith. Wow, look at it, and both of them wonderful human beings, very intense. Smitty was all about the mind. Mind controlled. Everything was between the ears, and with Hexy. Hexy had a work ethic that was second to none, and he really taught me how to work.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: The other thing, if you look at it, Hexy changed the game. He revolutionarized handling, and you know, I loved his intense intensity. It was a little much even in practice. He didn't like getting scored on, so guy would score on him. In practice, he'd take the pucket either fire it at him or shoot it into the stands. So you know, Hexy was a unique guy. To this day, I love him and I called him a mentor as a player because he's a wonderful human and very relaxed off the ice. But you get him anywhere near a hockey seven and there's like a switch that goes off, and Hexy is intenset it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, asked Chris Chelios.
Speaker 7: Thanks for this, Jamie exactly, Thanks for having me, guys.
Speaker 3: You bet, Jamie mcclenan, noodles, TSN. Just one Stanley Cup playoff game tonight Minnesota at Colorado Avalanche up. As Jamie mentioned, one nothing after that nine to six win in game one break Wandling Dog poll question. We'll deal with it next, Donnie delay the team one check. Looking for the ultimate Vancouver Island getaway. Head to beautiful Parksville and experience the Bayside ocean Front Resort where every state it was like a vacation you'll never forget. From sunrise walks on the beach to sunsets on the patio, Bayside puts you steps from the sand with ocean views in every direction, Splashing the indoor and outdoor pools, hit the fitness center, then relax with a hand crafted cocktail at the ocean front restaurant and lounge. Whether it's date night, a family trip, or a corporate event, Bayside is your perfect year round escape. Book your getaway now at two five O two four eight eight triple three. Your Island adventure starts here. Okay, after we read this poll question, we'll get into the draft lottery, and maybe you read a submission or two on Pierre Durian from the Bay side inbox. Pretty interesting, definitely siding one way. A wading Doug poll. Question. Experience one of Victoria's iconic destinations. The waddling dog sleep sip Stock up Rick all on one legendary spot. Come sit and stay at the dog to waddling today.
Speaker 4: Ryan, get her up the waddling dog up pur Pole. Question. What would your reaction be if the Canucks oh boy named Pierre Dorian GM look at this ninety seven percent. I don't think we've had this. I do not think we've had a ninety seven to three percent ratio. Ninety seven percent and this is an intelligent Alvina was the same, This is an intelligent hockey market. Ninety seven Are the Canucks watching? Do you know if they're I do have a feeling they watch us at the Rogers Rena off.
Speaker 3: Can you tell me all the time, I know they watch us. I know they watch us if you're upset about something we do. They don't really they don't liket'll getting into the tails. They don't like must be watching.
Speaker 4: But they're watching so all you people are Rogers Rena watching in your Canucks offices, especially ownership. Look at this ninety seven percent thumbs.
Speaker 3: Down down Bayside Ocean Front Resort in Park fill inbox from Gavin. Most people I talk to who are done with this team if they hire Dorian. Yeah, I'm in my forties. You can only take so much and there's thirty one other teams to cheer for. I will not support this team anymore if he is hired. Chris from Burke Mountain hiring Dorian would be the final death blow, like an Ucks fan fandom. I don't know if he's a Seinfeld fan or not. It would be a complete misreading of this market and a fatal decision for the future of this franchise. And there's a lot of that, a couple of positive submissions, but as you can tell by the poll question, not many. Do you want to talk about the draft lottery?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I do. The NHL Draft Lottery goes today four pm R time. It's a caucus, New Jersey, all right, So there are four We saw this last year. Yeah, for the first time before it was the turning of the placards and you didn't really get until later on the NHL dot com website. You didn't see. You didn't see the process they go through, but now they go through it live on television. Did that last year, so it was interesting. So four balls numbered one to fourteen, there are one thousand and one possible four number combinations. Who've got this? Canucks have one hundred and eighty five of those one thousand and one possible four number combinations. And Rick, I know you wanted to go through. Ryan, is each of these number combinations and their chances of landing Vancouver the number one pick? Go two?
Speaker 4: Things here? Ryan, get the numbers up bigger. I can't see that even with the glasses. Second of all, I didn't get past grade eight math. Math is not my as you guys.
Speaker 3: Know, you said you wanted to go with this.
Speaker 4: Believe me. Math is not good for me and you two as well. None of us got past grade twelve. We all know it. But right why you got this up for this is ridiculous. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It's like you're afraid of this.
Speaker 4: So what is this? These are the odds of the Cannucks have to go to this?
Speaker 3: Do you go to the NHL those other websites that have this or other Twitter accounts, But NHL dot com has every single number combination and who it belongs to. Oh, okay, Connucks with one hundred and eighty five number four number of combinations like I just talked about.
Speaker 1: One of them, by the way, is one, two, three four.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, so they crazy. The Cannucks have that.
Speaker 1: The Cannucks have that. Yeah, that's one of the company combinations.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you don't get he's having a real problem with saying what am I supposed to do with this? We're having fun? Okay, we need too many numbers.
Speaker 4: I throw him for a loop. I didn't think it would be this bad. Just too many numbers, too many numbers, Rick, you don't have to do this, Okay, Just just so you know, I just want to Donnie. If the Vancouver Canucks don't get the first O WORLL pick today, I will feel so bad for this fan base after what they have endured, not only this year but last year as well. They deserve it, this fan base, to what this team has put this fan base shue. They deserved that first overall pick. They don't get it tonight, I will feel super bad for the.
Speaker 3: Fans Canucks have had zero luck.
Speaker 4: Well, that's it, that's it.
Speaker 3: At the draft to the lottery, they dropped in order four straight times from twenty sixteen to twenty nineteen. And we got this piece of video here, Ryan, all right.
Speaker 1: Just at the low light reel, you mean, what's that the load light?
Speaker 3: Just a reminder how things have gone for the Canucks through the years. At the NHL Draft lottery.
Speaker 9: The number five overall selection in the twenty sixteen NHL Draft belongs to the Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 10: The Vancouver Canucks slide two spots from three to five.
Speaker 2: That means Columbus.
Speaker 9: Number five selection in the twenty seventeen NHL Draft belongs to.
Speaker 10: The Vancouver Canucks, represented by Trevor Lindon. The second consecutive year, Vancouver falls back two spots to number five.
Speaker 9: The number seven overall selection in the twenty eighteen NHL Draft belongs to the Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 10: This is the third consecutive draft lottery the Vancouver Canucks lose position, falling from six to seven.
Speaker 9: The number ten overall selection in the twenty nineteen NHL Draft belongs to the Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 11: Jim Benning will be hosting the draft June twenty first and twenty second at Rogers Arena, solid foundation, Petison Besser, all of that, and now the number ten pick as well.
Speaker 3: A couple of things there. Don't send Trevor Lindon ever again and number two make sure you pick the right here die.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, that was bad. That was bad.
Speaker 3: So four straight times they dropped in again. Nothing has gone right for them, but four straight times from twenty sixteen to twenty ninenineteen twenty sixteen was they went from third to fifth in twenty sixteen and infamously picked only you Levy. If they would have stayed at third, the thinking is that they would have taken which Columbus did. Pierre Luke Dubois, Pierre Luke de Bois was there, and then you know twenty eighteen. You know, I say everything was awful for the Caducks, but they went from six to seventh and got themselves Quinn Hughes, And say what you want about the way things have worked out with the Quinn Hughes, who, by the way, is leading the NHL postseason in points.
Speaker 4: That was a hell of a draft pick with eleven points. Quinn Hughes leads everyone in points in the playoffs as as I just said, So you didn't say eleven though I'd do it eleven points adding adding to your great story.
Speaker 3: All right, So again NHL Draft lottery today, and man, it's just there. There's draft parties, draft lottery parties going on all over the city and various bars.
Speaker 4: And what do you?
Speaker 3: What are you? How are you going to watch this?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: Like I watch everything on my couch. Uh A couple of pillows? Uh, remote control? Just stop right there? Okay, the pillows? What's wrong? You got you can slippers? Can you lie on a couch without pillows? Is it possible?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 4: So I away was backing up with two pillows, not one, but two. I will be watching Daniel and Henrick today. Bring the Canucks magic. You guys were so negative yesterday about Daniel Henrick. Why these guys are I pointed out a lot just stopped. Don Look, they don't have a first overall pick, they've never picked first overall.
Speaker 3: Fifty are going to be there, So there is there is that. All apologies to Trevor and Jim if you're watching, but things things didn't didn't work out. I told you because Daniel and Hendrick Sean, where were they drafted second and third overall. There you go. They don't want that. They want to be first overall, people pointed out while done, maybe this will complete the try efecta one two three, right, it's a caucus.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, but they don't have a former first overall pick. They could trot out there. They've never picked first. I do want to say this, don I want to get this in. If the Canucks are lucky enough to pick first overall today and more than one person has told me that Gavin McKenna is ranked number one on the Canucks board. There's no offense and butts about it. But earlier in the season, I keep for that one. No, hold it a second, don to hold it a second? Back right up?
Speaker 3: What about this callible?
Speaker 4: Though earlier in the season, Gavin McKenna was not number one on the Canucks board. He is now, but he was not. He was not on the Canucks number one board early in the season. It was what's his name Stemberg Steenberg was. But Gavin McKenna has climbed on most people's number one, including the Canucks. So if they do pick for some pretty uh, I'll be shocked if they don't take McKenna.
Speaker 3: His numbers were impressive with Penn State, but boy, his numbers had met and hat, I mean he jumped a loll here with you the way the NCAA hockey is just so good right now. But his highlight reels from medicine, hat are amazing. They're amazing.
Speaker 4: Absolute.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Okay, So Canucks are one of eight NHL teams that have never drafted first overall. The other seven only only probably the other seven. Only one is in the East, and that's the Hurricanes. They've never drafted first overall. It's the the Canucks, Ducks, Wild, Predators, Sharks in Flames in Vegas. I think I've got I've got that right. The record for a team with the most first overall draft picks. You know who it is. It's kind of obvious. More Montreal Canadians.
Speaker 4: Montreal Canadians and a shout out.
Speaker 3: To Gary Monaghan nineteen sixty three went on to become a banker of a Canucks drafted by the Abs first overall nineteen sixty three. Gary Monaghan. The answer to a great trivia question, first ever NHL draft pick Gary Monahan overall, Gary Monahan. The other is Michelle Plas regional Gilafler. Doug Wickenheiser, the late Doug Wickanizer, went out to play Giina packs and of course you're a slopkowski.
Speaker 4: Remember Gila Flir, you have any one number ten, the locks, the blonde hair, Gallivian down the boards and he blasted past. It's all we had in the seventies and eighties, was.
Speaker 3: Well that I wasn't asking for a play by just stop telling you.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: Young guys like Ryan, he doesn't know, he doesn't care about Gila. There's no respect, no respect for Gila.
Speaker 3: But with Gila Fleur a lot of people who fall hockey for a long long time. We'll talk about Sam Pollock being the greatest general manager in National Hockey League history. The Habs had the California Golden Seals number one acquired in the trade and it was neck and neck and they wanted Guilaflir, French Canadian superstar with with Quebec. There he is, Rick, there's your.
Speaker 4: Oh, I told you the hair he flied down the lafleur shut la maire Cornwaye.
Speaker 3: Continuing the story. Uh he Sam Pollock sent Ralph Bakstrom to the Los Angeles Kings to make sure that they finished ahead of the California Golden Seals, and lo and behold they got the first overall pick at Montreal. California finished last and they got themselves. Guiglleflir.
Speaker 4: Who are they playing there? Is that the Russians?
Speaker 3: That's the Cleveland Barons.
Speaker 4: Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Wow, they were the calif They were the California Golden Seals went on to become the Cleveland Barons, and then they merged with the Minnesota north Stars.
Speaker 4: I did not recognize that.
Speaker 3: You know, they only lasted a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're the uniform guy. Yeah, but look at that beautiful Gila Flur. He simply was the best. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a strange situation with Gilaflir. I remember watching him come to Vancouver for the first time. His first three years, he wore a helmet in the National Hockey League, got rid of the helmet, didn't wear it anymore, and his career took off from there, floated into NHL superstartup star was born. NHL Draft lottery today four pm. I just can't I can't imagine. I can't imagine what the ratings will be like in Vancouver, in the Vancouver market, BC market, Connuct Nation Market. All right, Okay, we're good little business, Ryan, all right, our title sponsor Able Auctions. May twelfth, table Auctions will sell the contents of a Delta metal fabrication shop. May fourteenth, table Auctions will sell the contents of three restaurants and two grocery stores, including all inventory. For information on these auctions and other auctions, go to able Auctions dot CA. Able Auctions specializes in the sale of business assets and inventories. Able Auctions. Hey b l E Auctions dot C a Craig button. Top of the hour. He'll have a thing to say about Pierre Dorian. Up next, big Rye, Donny Dolly, the team on check. Okay, just I had a big ride. The Twitter guy Rick Diowall is getting a call from somebody in the hockey business, so he'll leave us for this segment. It's a call that has to do with the Canucks gmster. So you go and do your business right, Yeah, go, go go. There's important stuff. Take it easy on those headphones, big Rye.
Speaker 1: Okay, we need to talk about this Barry Colt situation. You didn't want to. You thought this story was overblown actually before the show. But we should we should talk about it. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: You guys built it up like it was. You know, rescue just got traded.
Speaker 1: It's pretty weird if you don't know.
Speaker 12: Yesterday Ohl Playoffs the Barry Colts five to nothing Game seven win over Brantford the Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: Caleb alters team. So Caleb is out of the.
Speaker 3: Play after very personally a very impressive firstrow.
Speaker 12: So head coach of the Barry Colts, I hope I have these names right, Dylan Smoskowitz and star our defenseman cash On Atchinson.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I have it right. Okay, I think one for two.
Speaker 12: They took to the podium and were asked a bunch of questions from the media, but they weren't willing to give many answers. This is how it went down last night.
Speaker 13: Postgame coach, words probably escape you after that one. Maybe you can try your best.
Speaker 7: No one cares, work harder?
Speaker 13: Okay, sean big moment for you a goal tonight, hostile environment. What can you say about the way your goaltender played in that one?
Speaker 7: No one cares? Were questions.
Speaker 9: Can you just contrast why you must have been feeling six days ago leaving the arena losing six.
Speaker 3: To one and the way you're feeling down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a good question. No one cares work harder? Six?
Speaker 1: Game five goes on really good.
Speaker 2: No one cares where hard.
Speaker 4: Cash for it means for you? And Colo says sure that I'm over.
Speaker 14: For No, Yeah, no one cares.
Speaker 12: What So that you get the idea. That's how it went on. It went on for about a minute a minute and twenty. So that's their motto. That's their team motto. No one cares where harder. This is Jeff Merrick a tweet from him. Apparently the reaction that those those two gave was because they were not allowed to bring more players to the table with them, to the podium with them. The team was told there was enough space and they decided to only answer with the Colts motto over and over and over again. Now, Jeff has provided a photo here of the space that that press conference was that took place.
Speaker 1: This is the It was in an auxiliary locker room in the building. This is the entirety of that room. How are you fitting anybody else in there other than the two guys at the podium?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, also like they're getting attention for this, so I guess that's good at a really strange in a strange way. It's the very cults, and I know that's the respect for that organ be happy that reporters are there, no kidding, and they're paying attention to you. And let's it's just that's a young coach who thinks he's being you know, smart uh by doing it's being a smart ass, and it's not a good look.
Speaker 12: The guy that asked the first two questions, by the way, was the Ohl communications director, and apparently they had words after the press conference in the hallway.
Speaker 3: That everybody heard coaching him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he wasn't thrilled with the way that went down. It's brutal and you okay, what what what are coaches?
Speaker 3: Very unlikable? They came across. Oh, and what do.
Speaker 1: Teams hate more than anything? Distractions? And your your playoffs are going on now because they've won, they're going to continue to play and.
Speaker 12: This is now a big distract, a bad luck. Like it's just I don't know what you were thinking. You're right, Donny, if you thought you were being a smart ass, I'll show them.
Speaker 4: You got to be better than that, because you know, I'm I'm you know, I'm somebody who might go to one of their games.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they're doing it tennis, if I see that, and maybe maybe i'm Maybe I'm a little bit too on side with the media. I know I am, But if i'm if I'm a fan, forget about being in the met I'm like, I don't want to support these guys because people forget and the Cannucks don't know this. The media is the liaison, the connector between yes, the team and the fans. You treat people like that, it's not a good look. It's a negative.
Speaker 1: It's just it comes across like the organization is looking. They're the organizations spokes people.
Speaker 12: And I don't even fault so much the player because the coach, he's clearly getting his walking orders.
Speaker 1: The coach probably said this is how we're gonna handle I will.
Speaker 3: Say this, those two there came across better than Keith Pelly yesterday. Logive him that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, followed from that, I.
Speaker 12: Give it two years max for those three that were at the podium yesterday.
Speaker 3: I just think that's about how long Keith Pelly lasted.
Speaker 5: Jobs anyway, Yeah, pretty much leave pretty much just the whole thing ripping into Geno Retta and you know Steve Simmons incident, and you had.
Speaker 12: The bar full of staffers applauding them. It was just the whole thing was just bad.
Speaker 3: Okay, it didn't stream strength that we're headed in the right direction. And I got to say, when it comes to what we're hearing from the Canucks right now, our base side inbox is full of negativity when it comes to this pier Durian talk. I we'll get to those.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised at the vandom that we've got today. It's a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, I think again, I think it's in relation to what we've seen from Toronto. It seems like the same thing where you're hiring somebody who who didn't end well in another well in other NHL city, and this is who you're you've come up with versus Mike Gillis or Lawrence Killman or Shane Doane, and we understand is out of the running, which would have or Ryan Johnson.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I just yeah, because there's also completely out of like the the the entire sport, Like if he has been in AGM somewhere.
Speaker 4: Fine.
Speaker 12: Chika basically said, yeah, but I've still been linked to the business side of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've been evaluating players and all that.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not so sure. Just quickly, one other thing.
Speaker 12: BC Lions are there in their media availability today before they move off to Kamlops tomorrow training camp later this week. Chris Wiggins. Okay, Chris was in the studios. He works for the Lions. Chris does this out. Congrats to Buck Pearce finish the Vancouver Marathon. It happened over the weekend time of four hours, thirty five minutes. Pretty impressive in twenty five degree weather. These people that do the marathons, why I don't enjoy running that much?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 3: It's a challenge, like a life challenge. I know it's for a lot of people. It's a bucket list. I get it.
Speaker 12: I feel like you either love running or hate running. I don't feel like there's even if.
Speaker 3: You hate it, but you're you know you're hate running, but you're physically active. Do you don't want to just see if you can do it? I guess you train and train for a good one, and then next you try and do it better time Like you're actually coming down on people who finish a mirror.
Speaker 1: No, I just like I don't love running enough to do that.
Speaker 12: Like our good pout Jason Perez, he's right flying all over the globe doing marathons.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not me.
Speaker 12: Up next TSN Scouting Director Craig, but big night tonight when it comes.
Speaker 3: To Rick will be back in the next segment, we'll.
Speaker 1: See maybe he might have got lost. We'll see if you can find his way back to the studio. Donny the team on Check.
Speaker 3: Hey, everyone, it's Donnie and Duney and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 4: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on this S show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 3: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at Checkmedia dot C. Greck is Backer Studio. All of our guests today, including Craig Button standing by, brought to you by our title sponsor Able Auctions dot CA. You had to leave on camera during the previous segment. What's up? Can you tell us? Well?
Speaker 4: Just let's obviously Pere Dorian is a name that's being ban teaed about today and everybody thinks that he's one of the leading candidates to be named the GM of the Canucks. I just want everyone to know that he has not been hired on and he is. It's a situation where all the other finalists on the short lists have not been told they're out. And but I can also tell you that the negative feedback about Dorian has hit Rogers Arena like there are there is concern and look in our poll question and look at the results of our poll. I think a lot of people are up in arms and upset that Dorian is a finalist and possibly the new GM of the of the Canucks, which is out there and a lot of media reports today.
Speaker 3: So that was the phone call that you talk to somebody who has heard that the Canucks was hearing that the Canucks are getting called sure, and not people into media outlets, but to Rodgers Arena saying don't hire Dorian.
Speaker 4: Don't hire our poll. Our poll results tell you the tale of what Vancouver's thinking.
Speaker 3: But the fact they're getting calls exactly and emails, et cetera is another layer ramon baside inbox there won't be a fan base if they hire pure do Craig Button joins US now TSN scouting director, former National Hockey League general manager. Thanks for doing this, sir, Craig.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 14: I am good?
Speaker 15: I guess that aren't press conferences when you announce a GM or new coach to be celebratory. I mean, we saw what happened in Toronto, and now you're telling me that the same thing could happen in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Oh boy?
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: What's what's your reaction to this news that Pierre Dorian reportedly has emerged as the front runner for replace Patrick Alvin.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Interesting, I guess that's the word I would leave with you. I mean, Pierre has experience working in the league, and certainly, you know, when you think about scouting and player personnel background, and certainly he has all of those.
Speaker 14: Things in order. But it seems to me, here's here's here's my take on it.
Speaker 15: It seems to me that based on what candidates here and now, remember Jim Rutherford is hearing things from candidates candidates are hearing things from Jim Rutherford, is that certain people are ready to accept parameters and and and guy and what woul we call him fence posts in terms of what they're willing to do and I think that that's where other candidates many fall out and say I'm not going to do that. Another candidates go, it's not a problem for me. So people say, how do you end up in this spot? And it's not that Pierre is is good or bad. I think we're talking about somebody that's kind of you know, has shown that he could be good. He's shown that he can't be good. But to me, it comes down to what are you willing to accept in the role. It sounds to me like maybe Pierre is willing to accept parameters that others aren't.
Speaker 3: When you say parameters, Craig, are you talking about somebody that is not necessarily a fan of a rebuild who might say to ownership that I can do this quickly, which we've connect Nation has been down that road before.
Speaker 14: Well, so Brian Burke, who's an excellent manager. You know what he did in Vancouver.
Speaker 15: I want to Stanley Kupananaheim, And when Richard Patty hired him in Toronto, it wasn't as Brian went in and said, oh, by the way, this thing needs to be torn down.
Speaker 14: That's not what Richard Petty wanted to hear.
Speaker 15: And Brian Burke talked about, you know, the Toronto Mapley's being the Vatican of the NHL. He wanted the job, So what did he do? He wasn't telling him something. And don't get me wrong, Brian believed that he could turn that around. He looked at it, probably in a similar fashion, and he looked at Anaheim and he saw the success he had.
Speaker 14: It wasn't false bravado on Brian's part. And then we saw what happened.
Speaker 7: What did he do?
Speaker 15: He goes and makes the trade for Kessel, gives up a couple of top ten picks, and then we saw what happened to the lease over a period of time. But it wasn't a false bravado. Brian really thought he could do it. I'm not I'm using that example because this is more about what Richard Petty wanted. And so when the owner or the president wants something and you're not providing them with that, you're not getting hired.
Speaker 4: Craig who just you've worked for owners, you've worked for people above you. Just who does the hiring in a situation like this, like how much does ownership have? How much does Jim Rutherford have? We hear there's a guy named Michael Doyle. He's involved to uh, Donnie's friend. But anyways, uh, who's calling the shot in your eyes in Vancouver? Who's got the majority of the same.
Speaker 15: Well, I'd love to be able to tell you and give you because I don't know reck they'll be straightforward with you. I mean, but there's always there's always people involved, and ownership has to be involved.
Speaker 3: If you're a.
Speaker 15: Candidate going in to be to go do a job this big and this important, you better be talking to ownership and you better be hearing what their thoughts are. And again that's where I talk about you know, like when I say about parameters, and then to your point, Donnie, just how you framed it, I think is a good.
Speaker 14: Way to do it.
Speaker 15: And so you want to hear, hey, listen, like I think we should rebuild. Okay, tell me how are you going.
Speaker 3: To do that?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 15: Well, I'm all on board or no, I like, we don't think we can. We don't think that that's the right path for us. If you want to go in and do the job, you have to understand, you know, what ownership's views on the market, on what they're on, what they see going forward and how they're gonna deal. There's nothing has ever like linear. There's gonna be things you do that that can be positive. Then you're gonna do some things that might not be as positive, and you might have to make some adjustments.
Speaker 14: But if you're not.
Speaker 15: Talking ownership as a candidate, then you're failing yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, Craig, listen to me. There's a Kamloops kid letting the NHL and playoffs and goals, Logan stan Covid. This kid is five eight. You know what, the Canucks didn't pick them. They took Vanilla Klamovich, who had a pro size body at the time. But boy, oh boy, how can you not be impressed with Logan stan Covid and what he is doing in the playoffs? Greig?
Speaker 15: Yeah, like, I don't think. I don't think there's any way you can't be impressed. And bottom line is is Logan's a competitor. Logan's been a really good player. But Rick, you nailed it. I mean, I can't begin to tell you how many scouts take out their tape measure when they're evaluating players and they missed the obvious and then you know, the taller, bigger player gets every kind of benefit and like, yeah, they're not on the same scrutiny, and players that might not be as big Cold Cawfield went fifteenth, Stan coved and like the fifty goal score cold Caffield.
Speaker 14: You look and like everything being equal, you want the bigger player.
Speaker 15: Here's the rub Rarely is everything equal. So you're trying to find good hockey players. They can't just have a team that's all small. But you better not overlook players just based on their height. You evaluate and you look at but it's as old as time and guess what, it's not going to change. You're gonna see this go on for years and years and years and years. Pierce, the NHL teams don't learn no.
Speaker 4: At one hundred percent, and boy would they like to see Logan Steank Covid and Vancouver. Okay, what about John Jaca getting the job in Toronto? Your thoughts? What about that hire?
Speaker 15: Craig replex confounding everything that goes? Bottom line this the guy has zero record of accomplishment. Chaos and uh Arizona. I mean, you know what was really fascinating to me. Shane Dome works for the Toronto Maple Leafs and Shane Dong was effectively run out of the organization by by John Jaca and Keith Pelly says he talked to a lot of people. I think he could have talked to Shane Dong and got a lot of bits. Listen, when it comes to people, there's some as good as Shane Dong.
Speaker 14: There's none better.
Speaker 15: And I'm not here just the castas persions on Shane Dong. But but that's what happened in Arizona. And this guy had no record of accomplishment.
Speaker 4: It was chaos the.
Speaker 14: Way he treated people.
Speaker 15: Okay, maybe he's learned, Okay, good, I'm from Missouri, show me. But he will get no benefit of the doubt for me, you'll get You'll get evaluated based on on what he does and what he doesn't do. And and to think that Toronto Maypolice believe that this person is the guy that can guide him.
Speaker 14: I'll count me surprised if it happens.
Speaker 3: Would Pierre Duran have been a better choice in Toronto?
Speaker 14: Oh absolutely, you would have been Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, Keleb Mahultra, Gregny.
Speaker 14: They had Mark Hunter. You know, they had Mark Hunter.
Speaker 15: They had good people that there are so many quality there are so many more people qualified to John Jacob, Like I said, show me like he's hired. I don't need to go on and set h'im surprised. No record of the congressment. Like, now, I'll judge you. I'll judge you on what you do.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: Caleb mahultra out of the playoffs. Now Bradford gets eliminated by Barry. Interesting postgame press conference from the Barry Colts. I don know if you saw it or not, but twenty six points I saw it. Yeah, Oh, twenty six points in fifteen games for U, Caleb. If the Canucks dropped to number two or three, or maybe they get number one. Where's Caleb Maholter in the latest Craigslist. I know you haven't published one in the last a week or so, but what's happening with his stock?
Speaker 15: Well, he's gonna be I'll tell you when my next one comes out, He's probably gonna be five.
Speaker 14: He might end up four. But you know, I think mckennoth, Carls and Chase Reid are the top guys.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 14: I think that.
Speaker 15: But I like, listen, you know, it doesn't mean that Maholter is far off of that because he isn't. This isn't about trying to go and say, Okay, we're going to really take a shot here and we're gonna see what somebody can do and take it from there. He's a good player, he's a really really good player. Then he's a complete player and a great competitor. And I think that again, I always believe in put a steak in the ground. If you believe that the Caleb Maholt is a guy for you, then put a stake in the ground and believe in it because he's that good. And like you always have numbers beside players. But again, when I talk about the players, whether it be Stenberg or whether it be Mahulture, whether it be Carls.
Speaker 14: Or Reid, you know there's not that far off.
Speaker 15: And even with McKenna, this isn't Celebreny Schaeffer badars like when it comes to McKenna, like, I think he's the best player, but we're not talking about like clear cut best player.
Speaker 3: Where's John Chaka and your latest to the craigslist, Hey, where's Dunnie?
Speaker 4: And Dald's not answering. I hope you don't rip us like that. Well, I wasn't.
Speaker 15: I wasn't ripping anything. Tell me what his record of accomplishment is. No, you got to talk to I got I know so many people that were in that organization and that like I'm not talking about like like unsubstantiated him and like people learn.
Speaker 14: I'll give him the benefit of.
Speaker 15: The doubt in terms of learning, second opportunity and anything. It's the Toronto Mapleas. I'm shocked that they would hire John Jacob.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't talk about what happened in the national honkeylegu Glass. Well, by the way, Craig, you're about.
Speaker 14: To how about this, I was gonna say about that whole Barry thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to get ask your.
Speaker 15: Leadership horrible goes and acts like that, and you got the young kids like doing that.
Speaker 14: Horrible.
Speaker 15: It's disrespectful and like they should all feel a shame and it's so disappointing to see that and for the coach to.
Speaker 4: Be like that.
Speaker 3: No time, you look like a young guy. Big big mistake, Craig. I talk about it all the time. You can say what you want about the media. It's the connection the Layson between the team and the fans, and that was very just their customers that was really disrespectful. I agree with you.
Speaker 14: How about this, Donnie? How about this?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 14: And I'll talk about Rogers Communications. They paid over eleven billion dollars to put money in the player's pockets. And that's how you want to go talk and treat the media. Oh okay, you better know where your bread's buttered.
Speaker 3: Craig, lots of passion. We appreci shit it. We'll talk to you next week, you sure will.
Speaker 14: I will talk about what's happened in the NHL playoffs.
Speaker 15: Hopefully there's not any more crazy stuff going off in front office Highers.
Speaker 4: Oh, we can't promise that.
Speaker 3: Here, I'll tell you absolutely.
Speaker 4: Thanks Craig, see you guys.
Speaker 3: Craig button Uh you hear what he said about the situation in Toronto. He take Pierre Dorian, say what you want. He's not over John Jacob. Thanks to Craig. Okay, a break will update the waddling dog poll. Question has to do with Pierre Durry and that's next. Donny telling the team on check Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 2: The team is supported by Abelauctions dot ca A closing your business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able. Auction specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their.
Speaker 4: Assets in a timely, orderly manner on line events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca A. That's sales n A b l E Auctions dot ca A. Luck the lady to night, not bed little Frank frin lady. Okay, oh yeah. Wobbling dog poll quest experience one of Victoria's iconic destinations. Sleep chip stock up all on one, legendary spot. Come sit and stay at the dog today perhaps a sign of good luck and Berrard inlet yesterday a sign of good luck for the Conics going into the NHL draft lottery. We'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 4: Dog pull, Rick, Ryan, get her up, the waddling dog up, pup pull question. I'll tell you right now, this is not good, not good. What would your reaction be if the Canucks named Pierre Dorian the GM Look at this. I don't think we've had a landslide like this in a long time. Ninety seven percent say thumbs down, only three percent say thumbs up.
Speaker 3: The same ratio as our as our inbox.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our inbox is ninety nine percent negative, ninety nine point nine percent negative. I think the only pick that would make And Elliott Freeman now has just reported that Pierre Dorian is a contender, contender like everybody else. We are all hearing today that he's the leading candidate. So Elliott just double confirmed that. But Ryan Johnson's sitting there, Donnie, Ryan Johnson's been in this organization thirteen fricking years, and if you bypass him, his resignation letter to you will be thirty seconds after the new guy. You know, you know, you basically groomed this guy to have him bypassed by this guy.
Speaker 3: But you just said that the ownership is adamant about not hiring a first ditch.
Speaker 4: There's concern there. There's concern there about a rookie GM man. Do you blame him? Benny rookie GM, Alvin rookie GM. That's eleven years. Gillis was a rookie g We can go back and find the successful rookie gms and the non successful rookie gms in Vancouver the last eleven years, there's been non heughes in Montreal, Donny, I could throw others out there, you can find them. But in Vancouver the last eleven years have been conducted by two rookie gms, and maybe so.
Speaker 3: Was Mike Gillis, but they can't use in Montreal, like, look what he's doing and that that is somebody who is in charge of a team that had a documentary out what last season called Rebuild. That that you know it's it can work on top of it. It has been here GM, GM, he's been the Cannuck's assistant GM. You take that for what it's worth. So there is experience there. He's the people's choice and they're just ignoring that. I don't know. I don't exactly know why, but I do know this, having followed the Knnucks for a long long time. They pass on Ryan Johnson. He'll have success somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a great guy. He's paid his dues right here in this city. Want to call the Cup? And Donnie, what else? What else do you want to call the Cup? Right there? Now you're agreeing with I'm telling you that the owner may not want a third straight rookie him.
Speaker 3: He can't. He doesn't make any mistakes. Islanders won. It's it's the draft lottery today. Let's focus on that for a second. Islanders won, and the Connucks have the best to just over twenty five percent have the best chance of landing the first overall pick at today's NHL Draft lottery. Islanders won last year rick they had a three point five percent chance, the tenth best odds and they won that tenth spot. Three point five percent now belongs to to Nashville. San Jose entered with the best odds last year. You imagine Shaeffer and Celebrini right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no kidding, and they did the kid Schaefer just an absolute stud and they went from ten to one. Can the Canucks just go from just get the first overall pick? How hard?
Speaker 3: From one to one? Yeah? I want to mention this before you do some business. A group of hockey fans have started a campaign to get a statue of Ernie Punch McLain outside of Queens Park Arena. My Friend Patrick Singing Company press conference Wednesday morning at ten am on the wooden floor at Queens Park Arena. It's going to be hosted by Ernie Punch for analogy. Okay, you can sign a petition and or donate to this cause at punch legacy dot com. Punch let the Newest Bruins, the four straight Memorial Cup appearances in the seventies. They won two Memorial Cups in seventy seven and seventy eight. And he's sent over one hundred kids to the National Hockey League, and you know, set the chorus for successful lives for several junior hockey players, whether they made the National Hockey League or not. He should be in the BC Sports Hall of Fame. But they're trying to get a statue of a Punch outside of Queens Park Arena. He's ninety three years old. Let's get a move on. Bury Back.
Speaker 4: John Mccrodnick Stan Shmel, j Bel Kelly Boris Restrict, Donnie, the names, the beautiful New West, roll off the Tongue, roll off the Tongue, and Queen's Park still in nice shape, Donnie. That that's where I spent a good chunk of my time in the eighties. Queen's Park. It was beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 3: What are you doing there?
Speaker 4: Well, what do you think we're doing there? We're you know, having some coconines after Bruins Salmon Bellies game and some other stuff and having fun other stuff, maybe some cheese and chung stuff. But that's it, dear Ron done.
Speaker 3: It was a legal back then.
Speaker 4: No I was hanging around some loosey goosey guys, so I had to but he stop right there, due business. Okay, here we go. Look at this BC's number one sports memorabilia and gaming shop, past Time Sports check out the largest selection of sports memorabilia, autographed items, trading cards collective their Western Canada. Look at this also twenty twenty six World Cup apparel and cards are now available. If you can't visit the mid story, you can shop their massive collection featuring cards from any era online at pastime Sports Dot's the eight laptop situation.
Speaker 12: Right in front of the laptop the OKC box of cards, the thunder Lakers game went tonight, mark Stone card of the day in the middle the Vegas Golden Knights holding on to beat the Ducks last night. But also Stone of course traded by Pierre Doriant worked out well for the Senators. There you go, and then other card of the day Wild Avalanche game two tonight, so Matt Boldy card of the day there in the.
Speaker 1: Reverse retro of the Wild. I wonder if the over under is and goals for tonight's.
Speaker 4: Was that Boldie?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why Ryan? Why?
Speaker 1: Because wild? And as game?
Speaker 4: Do you know who the Canucks passed? Do you know the Canucks passed on him?
Speaker 3: Yet we're aware of that.
Speaker 1: If that was the mod I wouldn't have a card to use.
Speaker 4: If the Vancouver Canucks took put Colson two picks later, they took Boldie five picks later, the Abs took Coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which you thought was you you were down on coff Field.
Speaker 4: Why invoke such negative memories?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, to make to make h to make you feel better.
Speaker 4: Uh Rick put Coles and worked out for Admonton.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for reminding us.
Speaker 12: I I I am blown away by the inbox today. You know what, I like, I'm serious, I'm serious. I don't know that we have a supportive message for Peore.
Speaker 3: We do. There's a couple out of seven hundred.
Speaker 12: I was gonna say, I mean it like he hasn't even been named, Like this is not even like there's no like report that it's imminent.
Speaker 4: Like it's like we've had Yeah, wish said it might happen and whatever.
Speaker 12: But rnn, I mean, I this is the the PTSD is showing in our inbox today.
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 12: I think people people have just jumped off the cliff that they were going to do something correct.
Speaker 1: And if they don't do it, man, that's gonna be hard for people to tell.
Speaker 4: If they don't pick Dorian because of the media and public Uh backlash, Yes, that's bad too. That n Don, who's running the team the media and the fans or or people in your.
Speaker 3: Building to Rick, Rick, Well, Rick, they're your customers and they're not running the team.
Speaker 4: And yeah, they should run the team.
Speaker 3: Don.
Speaker 4: If you run a business, would you want other people not involved in decisions?
Speaker 3: Aren't they are, well okay not involved in decision making, but they are involved in your business. And if you you're hiring somebody and you think it's going to be bad for business, and you get that indication through things like phone calls and emails and text and watching shows, the very least the thought might go through your head.
Speaker 1: To Rick's point, though, fans can be so fickle, Like I mean, if Pierre Dorian has had this amazing PowerPoint presentation or something, and he's laid out fans.
Speaker 3: What did I say though earlier in the show, though I hope they're not, and I think Toronto did this. They're hiring somebody because they had a great PowerPoint presentation or because they were great during the interview.
Speaker 4: I'm not so sure.
Speaker 3: His Pierre Dorian's records speakst makes me think that's got to be the conduction guy versus Mike Gillis or Lawrence Gilbot or Ryan Johnson who should be their pick.
Speaker 4: But if he went in and killed it during the interviews, he killed it during the interviews, what's right? I mean, what's wrong with that? That's why you interview people Donna see if they're the right fit. He killed it in the interviews, is when I'm told.
Speaker 1: So that's it.
Speaker 3: That's that's all that matters. You don't look at the fact that he got in trouble with the league and his job with the Ottawa Senators.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what are you gonna say?
Speaker 4: So did John Jake?
Speaker 12: No, But people in second chances do improve, they do learn from mistakes from upset with me.
Speaker 4: I'm not but I'm not.
Speaker 12: I'm just saying it's just like it's just yeah, I it's it's a lot today. I'm I'm I'm shocked it is.
Speaker 3: But I'm sorry if I think that Ryan Johnson deserves a shot at this job, and don't give me this rookie GM thing, because I look at the situation of Montreal and it's very good. Now he's got hell from Jeff Gordon. I understand that hired Shane, don't.
Speaker 1: I also think it's semantics like Ryan Johnson. Sure he hasn't been a GM, but how long has he been in a GM? How long has he been in charge of Abbotsford?
Speaker 12: Like, I mean, yes, he's gonna have more responsibilities, but it's not like you're pulling Joe.
Speaker 1: Blow off the street that he's on.
Speaker 12: The experience is playing and you know NHL on Xbox, right, he's got a lot of experience.
Speaker 4: If if if it was gonna be Ryan Johnson, it would have been the you're right, and if the owner wanted I keep being told that Jim Rutherford is trying to push Ryan Johnson in, but the owner doesn't want Ryan Johnson. If the owner wanted Ryan Johnson, he would have been named three weeks ago. That doesn't mean it's right, No, he doesn't want Ryan Johnson well, and for whatever reason, maybe he wants a veteran guy in there. I don't know, Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: That the poll question results reflect what's happening in our bay side and everything is stark. Twitter is Hantip Pierre, the poor Guy, Hattie Pierre a during and DTMZ next, Tony Dell the team on check.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's eleven thirty five on a Tuesday morning, Donnie and Dolly on check TV. Now time for DTMZ, brought to you by the world famous Wisher Golf Club. Go see big l out there. Great track, Great track.
Speaker 3: DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer Design was the golf club or phase two of their extensive golf course renovation underway. The golf course will reopen for a play in the number of twenty twenty seven. The range is open. They'll follow them on Instagram at whilst their golf for updates on their renovations. Only got time for birthdays today, we'll fit this in. Ryan rolling Stones new album Mode new.
Speaker 12: Album Foreign Tongues, coming out July the tenth. They've dropped two songs today. Foreign Tongues is one of them. It's another album much like the last one, produced by Andrew Watt, that young hotshot producer Hackneing Diamonds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tour coming up, do we.
Speaker 12: Know, Well, there's been all these health scares with I think it's Keith's been bad. There was a lot of talk they were gonna got on the road in Europe, and then that got put on the back burner because of Keith's health.
Speaker 1: So I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Birthdays may fifth.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 3: There's a cover for you.
Speaker 4: That's one heck of a cover.
Speaker 3: Well you get it.
Speaker 1: SE's the three of them matched up together. Yeah, it's mixed, mixed little It's not hard.
Speaker 4: To see which one is Mick. Anyways, let's go right, all right, this is all brought to you by Little Birthdays at the studio again, Got a Halls, Get a Halls, I ate a banana during the break, Little Ricky's grocery Store and casino in the with task when Alberta, a great community just outside of Edmonton, forty five minutes past the international airport. All right, here we go. A third round pick of the Devils in nineteen ninety. He did not expect to be drafted. He showed up at BC placed in a T shirt and faded jeans instead of a suit and a tie. Played for the Powell River paper Cans back in the day. I think Little Ricky was there when he played in eighty nine. I think I really was. And then he went to the University of North Dakota, won American Hockey League title with Albany, won the Stanley Cup with the Devils, and he brought it back.
Speaker 3: Where is he from the Powell River? Bad Bombadier?
Speaker 4: Ah, As soon as I said Powell, I knew you were gonna get it, I didn't get it. A great Powell River Cables, they got it. Great Powell River kid. Brad Bombadier, who's still an an NHL executive.
Speaker 3: He's up for the Canucks GM job.
Speaker 4: He should be. He's good. Brad Bambadeir, good.
Speaker 3: Pol Rivers, a better reaction than Pierre Dorian.
Speaker 4: A good Paul River kid, just like Gary Loopol the Pol River the producing good NHL players. All Right, here we go. This guy was a ninth round pick of the Flyers in nineteen ninety four. Drafted out of Sweden, this goalie played for Sweden at the two thousand and two Winter Olympics, several World championships bounced around NHL teams. Was in Manitoba, noticed by Penguins assistant gm Eddie Johnson, who says, come on down in Pittsburgh. He outdueled Olive Colzig and Dominic Kashchik to get the Penguins to the Eastern Conference Final in two thousand.
Speaker 3: Oh, is it is it?
Speaker 1: Dominic?
Speaker 6: He outdueled them, He outdueled They were on the other end of the OVA. Okay, weird way to say that, but anyway, go on. He made it sound like they played yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you guys serious? They go, go go anyways. He was a backup to Tommy Sallow at the Olympic. Traded to the Canucks in two thousand. Head Rise, I knew it.
Speaker 3: As soon as I said Cannucks, you're She just said Moose.
Speaker 4: Said I'm not gonna say Moose because you would have got it again. My goal is to make you work for it, not gonna be easy clues. All right, here we go. This guy was a high pick on the twenty sixteen NHL draft London. They won the OHL title. No, it's not Mitch my twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: He just brought his name up.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: It's not Mitch Barner.
Speaker 3: It's either only Levy or Matthew.
Speaker 4: That's what you let me finish forty fifth overall by the London Knights and the Import Draft two thousand and sixteenth, the Memorial Cup and Redgar Canucks were there to watch him. Aye, it's only a leve uh Oi Levy the picture of him and the dull Dominic has the picture of him in Absburg. Yeah, fne on the ice. Travis Greenen was the coach. I think that pretty well summed up his career at Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Also a candidate for canecs GM.
Speaker 4: Lev who picked him? And anyways, he was hot. This guy was a high pick, I'm telling you. In twenty sixteen he won a Memorial Cup.
Speaker 3: Also sixteen, Yeah, he won a Memorial.
Speaker 4: Cup MVP of the Memorial Cup HL Player of the Year Ohl MVP. The only other player to do it in the history of hockey, Wayne Gretzky. He was teammates with Christian Divorak and Owen McDonald. They started a business called the Mad Feast, The what mod mod Feast? It's a business.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: He held a ten game points streak with London, twenty nine points in ten games a maple leaf for nine years and then he left for Vasis said, no, you win, Ole Levy, but Mitch Marner, who got a goal? And what do you have last night?
Speaker 3: Nolan assists. He's got seven points in during a four game points streak. So much for him not being a starting to wake excellent plan performer. You were ripping Marner a couple of weeks ago. So I love watching Marner play. I do too his hockey, said, I know he's got flaws, but right in his hockey, this reminds me of a minor hockey player dominating. I don't know, just something about him.
Speaker 4: And in Red You're at the World Juniors, he dominated that. It was a man against kids. He was really good. Anyways, Well, then I guess that's why you ripped Mitch Murder.
Speaker 3: Oh. Steve Stevens sixty seven years old. You know he is Billy Idol's longtime lead guitarist, and he and Billy gonna play us out October nineteen eighty two. Oh man, you're pumped about this, right, And Billy's self titled debut album, This Is Billy Idol, was Steve Stevens on lead guitar and white wedding on check Rock plus roll equals turn it up loud on a BC Tuesday morning.
Speaker 4: Is it just next?
Speaker 3: What have you done? The little sister? Who's the three foot hot Dogs? Postgame fireworks Friday noonters, and the future Toronto Blue Jays right in your backyard. Catch a Vancouver Canadians game this summer as they celebrate seventy five years at nap Bailey Stadium. For tickets, promotions and more information, visit Canadians Baseball dot com or call six oh four eight, seven to two, five two, three to two today.
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Rick?
Speaker 3: The base side inbox hopping? Lots a lot of comments regarding the Canucks possible hiring of Pierre Dorian and a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people uh Donny saying they're out if they hire Peerre. Dorian's record with Ottawa was worse than Jim Benning and Patrick Alvin's combined. The Canucks will hire him for sure?
Speaker 3: Date from Surrey, Peter Puck, Is it just me? The Canucks haven't hired three straight rookie gms. We all know the last GM was Jim Rutherford, one of the most experienced GMS in the league. How is his performance? Peter Puck, pointing out that the widespread belief is that it was Jim pulling the strings versus obulably.
Speaker 4: Jim's a powerful guy. He's he's GM three teams to Stanley.
Speaker 3: Cups say just sure, how have things gone here?
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty four was fined?
Speaker 3: Uh? Is it's just me?
Speaker 4: But if the Canucks hired Dorian, it's like rolling out the same smelly stuff and asking the fan base to buy it. No thanks at ed from white Rock.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is Nat from Salmon arm Is it just me? I've been a lifelong Canucks fan through the ups and mostly downs, But if the Canucks hired Pierre Dorian as next GM, I will no longer support this team. I'll spend my time, energy and money money on a competently run organization like the Carolina Hurricanes or Tampa Bay Lightning. Strong words from Nat, not a Pierre Dorian.
Speaker 12: Okay, I'm not gonna say. I'm not gonna say that's a liar. But all these people look at We're all in it, man. Nobody's jumping off the ship.
Speaker 1: You can see what you want. You're done, never gonna watch again.
Speaker 3: Yes, you are well that that reminds me all the respect. It's emotional. It is that it reminds me of whenever there's a lockout of labor dispute where the way we've been treated is fan parts of a season or done with, or in the case of you know, four or five, an entire soun I'm never watching the NHL again. It's emotional. I get that you're people.
Speaker 4: People text us and say I'm never watching Donnie and Dolly again. Exactly three days later, they're back exactly the same thing at Lisa and Couch and Valley. Please explain why the Canucks deserve the number one draft pick. I don't think the Canucks deserve the number one draft pick, but I do I do feel that the fans in the city of Vancouver deserves it for after what this team has put this fan base in the last two years. Absolutely, the fans deserve it.
Speaker 3: On Dwight, is it just me you should do a similar pull to today's based on Ryan Johnson landslide in the other direction thumbs up versus thumbs down for Peer Durian, people like the popular choice amongst the fan base with Ryan Johnson. He's done. But if it was solid job and habits for Canucks assistant GM. People forget about that as well, and he comes across very very well. He comes across as a real leader.
Speaker 4: But Donny, if he was a popular choice up high, he'd been hired by now, the fact that they could still hire Ryan necessarily, don I'm not hearing a word about Ryan Johnson, and all of a sudden, four media outlets reporting Dorian is a leading candidate. No, but there's reports Ryan Johnson's.
Speaker 3: A smart way to do it would be the to say, we've got somebody who we believe is the next GM within our organization, but we're gonna do our due diligence and see if somebody else will blow us away. And maybe that person is is Pierre Durian. I'm not so sure it's right, but I'm not so sure about anything when it comes to this organization. What do you got?
Speaker 4: All right? As usual? The Canucks doing everything backwards. The president's gonna hire a new GM, then step down. They're gonna hire a new president who want to pick his own GM. Only the Canucks can screw this up. Dave and Suriy.
Speaker 3: Jingle Pott, Dave one more? Is it just me? But if the Canucks hired Durian and Overlook Johnson. I'll be breaking up with the Canucks and Aquilini. My late father took me to a game in nineteen seventy. I've stuck with this team through lots of hard times, but this will be too much again. That said from jingle Pott. Dave jingle Putt tells me that Dave's from Nanaimo. Okay, we're good. We're w rap up the show. The pull question next, don, he told the team on.
Speaker 4: Check looking for one of Victoria's most iconic stays, The award winning Waddling Dog has been welcoming guests and their dogs for over thirty years. Ten minutes from the airport in the ferry their room, Glenn vented charm with modern comfort, making it the perfect home base for your island adventures. Your trip isn't complete without a stop at the legendary Waddling Dog. Pop twenty tabs, wall to wall, TVs, every Canucks game and UFC pay per view, plus an extensive daily happy hour, and before you go, stock up at their cold beer wine store, hundreds of local and imported options, class exclusive Donnie and Dolly merchandise. The Dog Isn't just a hotel. It's a destination come Sentence Day.
Speaker 11: The BC Construction Safety Lines is celebrating twenty five years of making BC work sites safer. As part of that mission, the BCCSA is now on the road with the Safety on Tour, a new mobile education experience that delivers live safety demonstrations directly to your work site, school, or community. Safety on Tour offers engaging, interactive demonstrations that highlight key safety principles, whether it's the effectiveness of fall arrest systems, the advantages of safety lifting procedures, or the protection offered by helmets, safety glasses and gloves. Safety on Tour transforms safety information into memorable and actionable experiences. Put that out a reserve and appearance by the Safety on Tour mobile experience. Contact the BC Construction Safety Lines by emailing Safety on Tour at BCCSA dot ca. A.
Speaker 3: Hey, we got time to run the draft lottery simulator, so we're gonna do that so quickly. Waddling dog pull question.
Speaker 4: Rick Ryan got her up the waddling dog pop pole question. What would your reaction be if the Canucks named Pierre Dorian gim I don't think the Canucks want to see this poll, ninety six percent say it comes down. Only three four percent say thumbs up. Boil boy, the Canucks are watching. That's not good.
Speaker 3: Take a thun Okay Draft Lottery simulator four o'clock the actual NHL this this is not binding any of these results with this show today, NHL Draft Lottery four o'clock today in Secaucus, New Jersey. Rick, you want to lead us.
Speaker 4: Off, Ryan the barrel and top and so Surrey. All season ticket holders, get your taut there Eryl, tap and barrel. They changed its two minutes from my house. Anyways, I got the Canucks is a third pick. Saint Louis second pick. Nashville Predators are gonna get Gavin.
Speaker 3: Mckins three point five percent, much like the Islanders last year. Okay, my turn, all right, especially to all our season ticket holders, or at least some of them. Assemble that Jacob Grady's on Hastings and Boundary in East Vancouver, which is interesting because it's not there anymore. In a special load to Patty Patterson, the little guy going through some tough times right now. All right, here we go and with the third overall pick, your Vancouver Canucks, second overall pick, moving up a spot, the New York Rangers moving up eight spots number one, Macklin, Celebrini and the Santas. Oh it's gonna have himself a winger to play with.
Speaker 12: Ryan like to say a load to all of our business partners and season ticket holders gathered at the Olive Garden in Langley.
Speaker 3: Oh you're going.
Speaker 12: Breton Corporate sellout, salad and pasta. This is a sneaky, horrific outcome for Kentuck fans that I have here. Okay, Toronto third overall, down two positions, the Vancouver Canucks second overall, the Saint Louis Blues first overall, the Seattle Kraken.
Speaker 1: Sneaky pain because they take mckennaes right down the I five. You're gonna see him all the time. That is sneaky amount of pain.
Speaker 4: So you go, there, you go.
Speaker 3: I do have today.
Speaker 12: I do have a little bit of a Canuck update, I guess you could say from from Gary Mason front of the show. The he tweeted out the Canucks have narrow down their GM search to five good candidates. Dorian is one, but would be wrong to characterize him in any way as a front runner. Ryan Johnson's still in the mix as well. I said that early in the show, no one's been told they're out. Ryan and Ryan Johnson has not been told he's out.
Speaker 3: But the you know, Gary Mason talks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we also know. Five other media outlets have reported that Pierre Dorian is a finalist and he is being strongly considered.
Speaker 3: I think I think the Canucks you're watching this show.
Speaker 4: Exactly, bingo. This is their way of reacting to what the public and the media are doing one hundred percent, So they get there. What do they call these guys? Yuh, information guys to pump information.
Speaker 1: Out, that's the name of it. Anyway, did they get the hey.
Speaker 4: Damage control, damage control, Derek band name information guys, boom, mark it down and pump out information?
Speaker 3: Aaron is south Fann Is it just me? If the Canucks lose the lottery, they should draft the defenceman and trade heronic for a pile of picks and prospects. Who did that Islanders last year? No adoption goes to Montreal. They got Matthew Shaeffer.
Speaker 4: Oh, Matthew Schaefer is just he set up that franchise for years.
Speaker 3: You already talked about him. I love him.
Speaker 4: He's a best drop picking years. We're good.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for tuning in, folks. Tomorrow we will know where the Canucks will be picking in the first round, well, the first pick in the first round at the June twenty sixth any chout draft. It'll be exciting. Have a great time watching that, but watch check instead and then maybe check it out of the internet later on. Again, thanks for watching on behalf of right, Derek Rick, everybody here at Oh Boy, and check what's on at four o'clock. Jack, I'm done. We'll have a job tomorrow. You're up to date in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content.