Speaker 1: You like fantasy ball, sense talk chasm that I shall not me hear myself stops fans and they can't even count some of uniforcasom s rodo you ain't better the health?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, several charges on everyone coming.
Speaker 1: Else and I'm alreadium to hear my baby sounds just like your name was, Mark. And it's a ride by podcast.
Speaker 3: It's a rapop podcast. It's a rapp podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a ride bo podcast.
Speaker 3: It's a rap up podcast. Don't have a rap up podcast? Got a turn?
Speaker 2: It should rap bo podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome back. It is the rass Ball Fantasy Baseball podcast. I am beat on, joined by the fantasy Master, Lithio himself, the one the only Gray.
Speaker 2: All right, how's it going great?
Speaker 3: Hey, good man? I actually this weekend, Cooogs and I went to the Dodger game. Right, well, we'll just we'll discuss the top one hundred for the second half and in one second, I have a I have a quick anecdote for you. So we had, uh, we had great seats right behind home plate. We were in the the Mary Hart section as uh it's referred to in the Albright household. Anyway, So we're we're about five rows behind Mary Heart. We were on Uh, we were on TV the entire game, like right by behind, like over home plate, right shoulder. Anyway, so we got these tickets from it was Saturday's game, Saturday's Dodger game. It was actually it was a terrible Dodgers game. Probably more interesting to count the number of times I picked my nose versus what the Dodgers were doing. But anyway, so we were So we got these tickets from a neighbor. And afterwards Sunday yesterday, we're recording this on Monday yesterday, Cooog's runs into the neighbor and you know, it says thank you, so nice. Tickets were great, and Gray was saying that, you know, James McCann hit two home runs in Saturday's game. And Gray was saying that we were at the game where the worst player in baseball hit two home runs and the and our neighbor said, no, James McCann is not the worst player. He's not the worst hitter in baseball. And uhcuss, like, what, well, who who is the worst hitter? In your estimate? Your estimate, your estimate? Uh and uh, he says unprompted, he says the worst hitter in baseball is Matt McLean. I was like, oh, I gotta, oh, I gotta tell be done that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's some argument to say he might be correct, you know.
Speaker 4: I would point like Brian Hayes and uh Prince South Perez like uh Uhli Luis Franifo.
Speaker 1: But he's not in the majors anymore, so I guess I can't really say him. I would say there's some others above Matt McLain, but yeah, he's probably.
Speaker 2: He's probably in that discussion.
Speaker 3: I've been I've been laying him for a good twenty four hours straight. Oh my cook told me that. I was like, oh my, he did not say Matt McLean like you Why do you know? I was like, that's beat on his favorite player.
Speaker 1: You know what, gret I will say, I have zero shares of Matt McLean. So as much as I like him, I did not let the preseason I move my my affection for him even further down the line.
Speaker 2: So, at least to that side, it wasn't me.
Speaker 3: Yeah anyway, man, I mean James M.
Speaker 2: Cannon is on that list too, though.
Speaker 1: For being clear here James mckinn.
Speaker 3: No, the way James mccannon hit two homers on Saturday. Those were his first two homers all season. It's terrible. He's hitting like two fifteen. He's terrible. And the guy says Mad MacLean is worse. I was like, by the way, the guy our neighbor is like an eighty year old doctor, Like, uh, I doesn't even know Mad MacLean is. It's like I was, like, goods, does the doctor listen to the podcast? Man?
Speaker 1: Is he Korean? Is he part of the Korean listening compulation? Doctor La definitely could be Korean? M hm, well, you know, for what it's worth. Mad McLain has been quite as bad recently, but yeah, still still bad. Gray. I don't think he's making it on this top one hundred list that we're gonna talk about. Why don't you give the people the the the second half ranking introduction talk about how you come up with these rankings. Is it's different than what you do in the preseason, how you weigh you know, what they've already done versus previous seasons or expectations.
Speaker 2: Just just walk us through your your ranking process.
Speaker 3: Great, Oh yeah, so I have this giant hat where I write the names of the players on a piece of paper. Okay, So I actually so I do. I rely pretty heavily in the second half rankings. I rely pretty heavily on the rest of the season player raider as well as the actual play raider. So I uh, and in the preseason I'm probably I'm I lean more, I lean a little heavier on ADP, and there is no ADP for the second half. So yeah, it's a it's a combination of what a player has done versus what they're hopefully what they're going to do according to the rest of the season play Raider. I I do think like there is like I feel like with the with what the players have done right as far as like the player raider and they're ranking currently on that, there is a little bit of like what have you done for me lately? But also what have you done for me super lately? For like like this weekend alone, there it felt like there was all these pictures who got hit hard, and it was like, Okay, at a certain point, like I think it was like Thursday or Friday, I was like, Okay, I have to I have to stop adjusting the rankings here, because like I can't get down to like like it is, there is an element of like what have you done for me lately? But I can't get down to the absolute, like myopicness of looking at what a pitcher or a hitter has done for like one game. So it's like at a certain point you have to step back and say, okay, like you know, there's definitely an element of like what a player did the first half, but it can't be like what did the player do in the last half inning of his last start or something, so you know, so there is so it's like you get a delicate balance of what a player's done lately versus what a player should be doing. And then also you know I've mentioned this before, but I I also look at like, you know, pitchers, and I move pitchers and catchers and closers. I move those guys up because at this point, if you're looking to actually make a move in your standings, like and that's really like second and half second half rankings are really like who cares other than to look at them to see like maybe if you're looking to make a trade or something, because you're not drafting, like no, like very few people are actually using these rankings as like a drafting tool, because you know, drafts are over except for maybe a few, like you know, all Star break drafts, where you know, they're like a couple super crazy addictive fantasy baseball people are actually doing drafts during the All Star break. Most people are not using these rankings as drafting tools. They're looking at more as like a trading tool. Like, Okay, I have you know, I have, say James Wood, and you know he has him above you know so and so so I could trade possibly so and so for James Wood or so you know, or whatever the case is. So I you know, I do look at, like, you know, pitchers and catchers and closers differently in the second half rankings because like I feel like at this point, like if you're looking to actually make a move in the standings and make a t that can actually make a difference, you want a guy who can make a difference, right, Like You're like, if you're looking at like picking up a pitcher in a trade, it's like you know, picking up uh, you know, Zach Thornton the news, the new sixth pitcher in the Mets rotation, Like making a difference between him and like someone else it's not gonna make a big difference. So it's like, you know, it's like Zach Norton is Zach Thorton or Sean Maniyah. For some reason, this person can only deal with the Mets pitchers. But if it's like if it's a difference between those guys, it's like, who cares. But if you're looking to actually make a real move and standings and make a real trade, then I'm you know, in the preseason, I I say, don't draft, you know, top starters. But at this point, you know, and I say that in the preseason because starters are so fluky, like no one was expecting Misroski to be the number one starter in the first half, so you know, like, but now we're at a point where you have a large enough sample size where you you know who's a good starter and who's a bad starter. So at this point, if you're looking to actually make a move in the pitching standings and trading for a top pitcher is the move, Like you if you want to move like Ellie de la Cruz for like a top you know, starter move Ellie de la Cruz for a top starter like this is like, if you can make a difference in your standings, go for it. And as far as like, you know, hitting goes, it's the same sort of situation and closers as well. Like it's like there's so much, uh, you know, between the preseason and now, there's so much a of a like, there's so much difference of value between what we thought a guy would be doing versus what a guy is actually doing. So the fact that we actually know what a guy is doing right now now and of course, you know, hitters and pictures change in the second half, like it's an ever evolving thing, but right now we have a solid foundation as to what a guy is actually doing this year. So you know, if you need to go out and get like, you know, steals or you know, or saves, or you need to get a good catcher or you need to get a good picture, now's the time to do it. And you know, the rankings are hopefully a tool to help you sort of get ideas to where I think guys have you know, will be going for the second half and where they should be, like, you know, and even even this, like we could get a week into the season, excuse me, a week into the second half and you know, an injury could happen, and it could you know, change the whole dynamic here. But as of right the second this is where I think players are.
Speaker 1: Let's go ahead and start getting into those then Gray number one for you, no surprise, it is Shoheo TODDI. Number two is Bobby Witt Junior. I think the questions would come in and starting at number three, and who you have is one Soto at three fine season, he's twenty one and run seven so on bases he's hitting two ninety four or five five sixty two with the best strikeout rate of his career. You know, I think the question is that kind of a safety three just track record? We know he's a great player, you're not going to really shouldn't be really disappointed, or is he actually a third best? You know, there's guys like James Wood PCA who have had better seasons for the player raider, But what are your thoughts here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I would say that's exactly It's about the value of a guy like Juan Soto and what he's you know, and his stability in his stats over the course of like his you know, basically his whole career. If you know, if you're looking for more upside, I'm fine, you know, Movingjan Soto down and someone else up. But yeah, no, I felt like Jan Soda was just the safest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is fair, and we've seen even last year James Wood Pca both fill up really hard in the second half.
Speaker 2: I would like to think that that's not going to happen for.
Speaker 1: Either of them, being they're very young, very talented, but you never know, so I don't have a problem with it. I just kind of wanted to clear it up for our listeners. And if you are chasing stuff, maybe you do need to go after that that high upside play, especially if you need steels you're you know, you're generally not going to get a lot of those from Soto. Despite what happened last year. I don't think he's necessarily on on that kind of run this year, given that he has seven stolen bases. Here at the All Star break, your number two starting pitcher is Treek Scoba, who comes in at nine. You have ms Roski number one at five. Overall, he has not had a bad season, of course, just not quite that top level that we've come to expect, you know, Is it just that he's he's so consistent and that's why he comes in a number two. You know, in your right up you mentioned the possibility of trades as well. Would you be concerned if you know, he does get traded and moves to a different park, different league. What are your thoughts here on scoob? But why is he coming as a top ten player for you? Mmmm?
Speaker 3: Well, you know I was. I think between it was between him and Wheeler and who else?
Speaker 2: Chris Sanchez? Right, so maybe Yamamoto if you want to throw him.
Speaker 3: In, Right, So Chris Sanchez and uh actually Yamamoto, who is who pitched on Saturday and he got he got rocked by James McCann. Yeah, so Sanchez and Yama. Well, Sanchez specifically, I bumped him down due to his July a little bit. I mean I still have him pretty high, but I did bump him down a little bit. And what we call it Yamamoto. As you know, I'm not a huge fan of Yamamoto because and especially at this point, because I do think the Dodgers have a chance to make the playoffs, right, there's a there's a possibility that they might actually beat out the Padres and Diamondbacks. For the Al West, and I would imagine at some point they're gonna want to throttle Yamamoto's innings, but I mean there has been really no sign of that. So you know, that's sort of just me, uh, you know, making up a story in my head. But I do think anyway. So I really felt like like Scoople, I mean Scooble to me, like his numbers, his overall numbers, Like I I hear what you're saying with the road and home splits, but uh, you know, actually he's pitching better on the or he's actually he's pitching better at home, I guess. But you know, I think there's a I think it's too much as made of home and road splits, because like a guy is If a guy is pitching well at home, he's pitching well at home wherever his home is like a school. And if schoobl gets traded to say, you know, I don't know the Brewers, I don't I don't know where he's going, but he should get traded. But if he if he could get traded to the Dodgers potentially, and you know, Camerica is a good park, but he'll like pitchers pitch at home better just in general, So once he's at because you know, they're I mean they're at home, they're you know, they're at their home base. They don't have to travel to their the start. It's it's just, I mean, it's just like human nature. So I think, uh, Scooba will pitch better at home no matter where it is, assuming the Rockies don't make a move for school, which I doubt, and I don't see him going to the A's either, So yeah, I think Scooble's Uh, I think Schooble's probably the safest start at the safest number two. I also, I mean, I think there's probably a case to be made that he could have been number one because of you know, Mesirowski, like as far as we know, as far as les I know, Uh, Mezziawski missed Sundays start because of you know, quote unquote fatigue, And I do think that's just a matter of them wanting to keep his innings down. But you know, with that, with that sort of you know in mind, we could get to September and Mezierawski and the Brewers could be like, well, Mesiawski, we want him to pitch the playoffs so we're gonna actually skip him in the final two weeks of the season and two weeks out of like a second half projections that could make a that could make a pretty big difference. Whereas Scooble if he gets traded, we actually I think we could get we get better Schooble versus worst Schooble if he gets traded, because like, you know, the team that he gets traded to, in theory, they are gonna be in the playoff chase, and you would assume that he's gonna be a rental. So if like the Yankees trade for Schooble, They're not gonna let up on them. They're gonna be like, go on, throw throw as many innings as you can. So he actually could end up being the best starter in the second half versus the number two one. So I'm actually I feel like, if anything, I might be too low on Schooble. But I felt like with the you know, because he was on the injury list, you know, earlier this year, and with the loose bodies removed from his elbow, I mean, you know, it seems like he's fine, but there's a little bit of risk I guess involved. There so, yeah, I left him at two, but I think he's as solid as anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we haven't really seen him be bad, you know, him struggling is just slightly over a three ERA and sub one whip still with a thirty plus percent strikeout rate. So the struggle is not really a struggle so much as just not as elite as he was for the people listening. The home road splits are as such this year three nine three ERA at home, two four to zero on the road. For his career, he is a two seven e RA at home in a three four eight on the road. You know, I think my biggest thing on pitchers is not necessarily home away, but if they switch the leagues, I don't necessarily love that, either pitching or hitting. I feel like that's where some of the struggles can come in. Because you've been pitching to different people. You've never really had to deal with the scouting report of certain guys. You don't have that familiarity you do within your division, within your league.
Speaker 2: So sometimes that concerns me a little bit.
Speaker 1: And it does seem like unless he's going I don't know, maybe the Yankees. Unless he's going there, I feel like a lot of the teams mentioned Earth and Hell, so that would be my one concern on Scooball. But as you've mentioned, he's been pretty phenomenal regardless of of where he's been.
Speaker 3: How how how many prospects does uh, what's your book called? Have been in San Diego? Does he have any? Does he have any prospects? The trade? It's like he's doing a he's making Frenado touttist junior. He's he's like, hey, maybe he shaved to look a little bit younger, and we could sell you as like Frenado touttis junior junior, like here are here are least you're our best prospect that this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the Potters would have to do a little bit of you know, quantity over quality if they were going to get into that. That makes uh less they're gonna start sending some major leaguers over Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think that they're They're really gonna be in uh in that discussion.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Gray, there is a j prellers like, uh, who can we make look young here? Looking around the clubhouse?
Speaker 2: You want?
Speaker 1: You want Manny Machano, He's he's he's a phenomenal young player.
Speaker 2: Absolutely take him.
Speaker 3: Gavin Sheets. What if we put some eyeshadow on you to look a little younger? How about botox, gabage Sheets computer.
Speaker 1: Great, let's move on to the next picture, which is Mason Miller. You have at sixteen. Again, this is really just a discuss why we've diverted so far from preseason. Now you have Mason Miller, who is undoubtleated in one relief picture as a top twenty player.
Speaker 3: Here. Yeah, well, I discussed a little bit in the opening, but I'll say again that like, you know, if you need saves, you can You're only gonna get so far, you know with the you know, say saving excuse me, You're only gonna get so far, like trading for you know, I don't know, Devin Williams or something like. It's like it's like you're you if you're gonna make a actual move in the standings and you need a closer, I say at this point, go for the you know, go for the best. Like I would never in a million years draft Mason Miller in the top you know, fifteen or sixteen overall or whatever. But if you know, right now, if I'm looking at actual like value for on the player, Raider and versus and the rest of the season. And I'm actually looking to make a move in the standings. Like I said, that's what the h you know, that's what the second half rankings are really for. Is about, like gauging a player's value for the second half and for potential trades. So if you're looking to make a move in saves, I say, you know, what the heck, go for it, man, get like you know, if you're you're like, uh, I want to be surprised if you can get Mason Miller and plus someone else for like one of the guys like around him in the second half ranking. So you know, for instance, like if it's like Corbyn Carrol, I mean, I don't know, you know, it's hard to know what people how people value players in you know, their league. But if you said, like if you said to me, like, oh, you can have Corbin Carroll plus you know, I don't know Jake Bauers or something like, I don't you know, I don't know how people value people or who people have. But if you could take like a top twenty hitter on the second half top one hundred and then also another piece and put them together and get that for Mason Miller, like me, because if you have Mason Miller right now, you may not need him anymore because you may have as many saves as you need. So like I'm talking, you know, from the Mason Miller owner's perspective, Like if you have Mason Miller, you trade them for like you trade them for Corman Carroll. That's great. And in my opinion, I would take Corman Carroll and another piece. Sure, why not? And if I have, you know, and if I need Mason Miller, you know, and you can trade someone for him, like you know, say like Matt Olsen or Chris Sale or something like you know, if it depends on what you're trading from, like where you're you know, where your strength lies. But I would take Mason Miller in a trade if I needed saves, and I would trade away Mason Miller if I didn't need saves. But I think, uh, you know, I think undoubtedly he is the number one closer. I mean I I you know, I have in an NL own league keeper league. Somehow I lucked in to having Mason Miller. Actually want to we want to talk about Gray's one good team. I have Mason Miller Meserawski, James Wood and C. J. Abrams. Somehow I'm in first place. I don't know. Maybe it's the fact I have four top fifteen players and it's an NL only league. But you know that get with that said, you know, I know how valuable Mason Miller is from having him in that league, and he is crazy valuable. So if you need, and especially I think that league is strikeouts divided by walks versus you know, straight strikeouts. So yeah, I mean, if you need, like, if you need a closer, you're not doing better than Mason Miller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been phenomenal.
Speaker 1: In any other year he might actually be in the Young race, but probably not this year, unfortun for him. You mentioned Corbyn Carroll, so I'm just gonna talk talk about him real quick. Uh, if you owned Corbyn Carroll, you're probably looking at Gray's ranking and thinking and disgust to yourself that Gray is wrong. But you know, I'm I'm here to ask Gerry what he's thinking. Thirteen runs, tenstone bases to fifty two. Everything's fine. It's just not probably about the numbers you were looking at from Corbyn Carroll in the first half. You obviously had the injury coming into the season, but as someone who was looking at playing Eli White over Corbyn Carroll in an ill only league, I want to I want to recognize he has been struggle street for at least a few weeks now.
Speaker 3: Eli whitebad, Huh.
Speaker 2: I mean he is, I think on my only team.
Speaker 1: He is the worst bat that is that that I've had over the last two or three weeks even, and that includes guys who were in the minors. So he's literally hurting my team versus me rolling out guys who are in the miners who were giving no.
Speaker 3: Well, that's fair, he's uh. I wouldn't say he's worse than Matt McClean, though, would you.
Speaker 2: Over the last you know, two weeks, three weeks? I actually would He's been he's been awful. Great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well okay, so I'll say, like, you know, it's a matter of track record, right, you know, looking at even his second half last year, he had ten homers, twenty one steals, he had two seventy seven. I think he's uh, you know, far enough away removed from like the hammet phone uh, you know, and those second half numbers that I read for his second half last year. I mean that would that would put him in the top twenty, and so he just has to repeat that. I think we're also far enough away from the hammit bone surgery in the preseason where I think he should he should have his power back at this point. And he is one of the few players who I'll say, has like, you know, fifteen homer I excuse me, fifteen steal speed per month, which is very rare to be able to steal fifteen bags in a month. He has that kind of speed. And he also unlike the other guys who could do that, say Chandler Simpson, nacyum Nunez, unlike those guys, I mean, Corbyn Carrol can hit you know, five to seven homers in a month too. So I mean we're talking about a guy who could I mean, he has the potential to be a top five overall player, which I don't you know, I mean in a way, a lot of players could do that, like you know, as we saw you know in the in the very opening of the season, and like Chase the latter was that for like you know, two weeks. So a lot of players have that ability to be a top five player. But Corbin Carroll is like you know, percentage wise, he has a better chance than many guys because he does have power and speed and should hit for a decent average, you know, relatively. I mean, you know, he's not a three hundred hitter, but he should hit two sixty. So I yeah, I mean, I don't have Corbin Carrol, so I'm maybe a little bit of rose colored glasses here, but I do think he has a better chance than many guys to have a top five season and is worth the gamble for a big second half even if it wasn't, you know, the greatest. The first halfs.
Speaker 2: Right, great, I mean it's fair. He definitely has the upside.
Speaker 1: We've seen him do it before, and the second halves can look completely different. I hope you're right, because my you know, only team would would greatly appreciate him getting his act together, and you know, that would probably get me back in the first place in that league if he became Corbyn Carroll that I need and not somebody who was battling Eli White for playing.
Speaker 2: Time on my roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I hear you. I was looking. I just looked up quickly where he was in the rest of the season play Raider, and yeah, I mean, it's probably no surprise to people. He's he's pretty high on the Rest of the Season Player Raider. He's that he's the seventh best outfielder between your done and Michael Harris the second and Ronaldycunya Junior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's not surprising that based on his track record he would be high. He's not old, so there's no reason to drop that yet. The batted ball was down in the first half, but that's kind of to be expected with the way he came into the season with the handmake bone, So you know, I mean, I if he gets it back together and the batted ball comes back, that's there's definitely a possibility. But I'm I'm more looking forward to the value pick of him next year, I think than hoping he's gonna necessarily be a top ten, top fifteen guy this year.
Speaker 2: So if you want him, great, and then I'll only I'm happy to sell you him at that price.
Speaker 3: I I actually, you know, speaking of value picks for next year, I'm already anticipating rostering Gunner Henderson again. How depressing is that three seasons in a row where I'm like, Wow, the value is just too good. I'm gonna be like, in five seasons from now, it's gonna be like, Oh, Gunner Henderson's at pick one seventy, that's really good value.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, Greg, he brought him up. So let's just jump there. Let's jump to Gunnar Henderson. We're kind of gonna jump back and forth right now. He comes in at forty five. He is behind Riley Green and Miguel Vargas. Of all people, would not ever have thought I would say those words, or really even in the season, I still wouldn't have really thought I would say those words. But here we are. Gunner is hitting he I mean he has seven him runs seven song bases. He's hitting two twenty four. His on basi is sub three hundred. I mean the babbit is two fifty four career three h eight Babbage, So a little unlucky there. But the k raid is up. The walk rate is the worst in his major league career. Our hit rate, average exit lost, they are both down. That's that speed fast swing rate both down as well. I mean, I liked, I love the talent too Gray, but like at this point, is he just like see Brandon Nemo with supposed upside or like are we gonna see.
Speaker 2: You know, first two years Gunner Henderson at any point.
Speaker 3: Man, when you put it that way, maybe I won't draft him next year.
Speaker 1: Kind of beetles like Brandon Nemo, except he's not even walking that much anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'd say, you know, if Nemo's on the table, go for Nemo. No, No, okay, So you know, so I think, uh, Nemo, I feel like, well, I won't go too far down that path because it was just say it was just a comp but I do think like he has almost twice as many homers as Nemo, and he has uh you know, I mean Gunnar Henderson has like speed that Nemo's never shown in his career. Like, you know, Gunnar Henderson had a thirty steel season last year. So I think I want to say that, you know, the first half obviously wasn't great for Gunner Henderson, but even with the not so great first half, I mean, I mean, he is on pace for a you know, twenty eight homer fifteen steel season. It's really the average is really what's been dragging him down. And you know, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna sit here and say that the walk rate being down and the strikeouts being up a little bit not a little concerning, but I mean they're not out of control, right, So it's not like like his strikeout rate is only up one percent from last year, so I mean it's like negligible. You know. His walk rate is down. It's a little bit more concerning. I mean it's down two percent. But his average, I think is a little bit is being offset a little bit by the bed babbit which you mentioned. So his babbit is so far down that it's like even even with the hard hit down, which you know, it's a little bit down. I mean, even with that, his babbit's down so much that you know this, I wouldn't say he's suddenly become a two sixty babbit guy. So he's, you know, at worse a three hundred babbit guy, which makes him a two sixty hitter at absolute worse. So if he went you know, it's not ideal, but if he goes like over the course of a season, if he were to go hit twenty eight homers, steal fifteen bags, and hit two sixty, so that would be a neutral average, you'd be here saying, like, okay, I mean, it's not the gunner Henderson of like the top fifteen overall, but that's not a bad top fifty hitter. If he goes you know, essentially thirty homers, fifteen steals to sixty average. I think I've talked myself back into drafting him again next year. I'm back to that, so, you know, I mean, I hear I hear the complaints about you know, I think it's mostly the average that I think people were complaining about, because if he was hitting two seventy with the seventeen homers that he has right now and the seven steals, I feel like people would be like, yeah, I mean that's basically a bounce back. If he's you know, I mean, if he's on pace for you know, thirty fifteen to seventy, people would be like, yeah, that's fine. I think it's really the average that is, uh, you know, hanging people up. And I think the average is a lot I think a lot to do with bad luck right now, not totally. I mean, there is some concern, but I think it's a lot bad luck. So yeah, I mean, I'm I'm fine gambling on conn Anderson for the second half. I mean, I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're crazy great. I would gamble on the talent. Still, he does feel like he's gonna turn at some point. I just don't know if it's gonna be this year. Still, I think the biggest concern for me is, like you said, the walk rate being down, and then also the fact that the fast swing rate and the bat speed are down. That feels like something's still wrong. You know, he's not old enough where he should be losing bat speed to this amount. You know that that makes me feel like something's wrong or he made some kind of change and it's really not. It's not working out like it needs to be working out. So again, for this year, if you can get him in some kind of discount, I don't mind taking him. I don't know that I'm gonna pay up, you know, premium prices for Gunner Henderson. But we'll revisit where he ranks at the end of the season, after we see his second half going back up top a little bit great to the top of the rankings. You're don Alvarez comes at at twelve for you, that feels low based on your love for uh for Kubato, I mean throwing one home runs and stolen base. He's sitting three eighteen, he can make a legitimate run at a triple Crown, and he actually has outfield eligibility. Now this feels this feels low for the person that we're talking about here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I guess, yeah, I mean I didn't really I didn't think it was low. Actually, when I like some of these, I felt like I felt like you were you did hit on something when you were pointed out certain guys. But I don't feel like you were nons that low. To be honest, I don't know. I mean with his uh, you know, going back to like the track record of like, you know, his you know, injury, his injuries in the past, you know. I mean, I think twelve is fair. I mean, I don't know. I don't. I don't think there's anyone really above him that I could see, you know. I guess if it's like Jordon or Juan Soto, I guess it's more about Juan Soda just being like, you know, a bit of a like he's he's a he's pretty reliable, whereas Jordon has been unreliable in the past. But yeah, I mean, Jordon obviously can outpace Juan Soto, Uh, if we're gonna uh you know, if if he's if we're if we're saying we're guaranteeing, you know, health for the second half for both guys, I would say or do on easily. But you know, I I think I just I deducted a little bit because just you know, just I feel like there's just a little bit of unreliability with him. And yeah, I mean that's kind of it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, all right, I mean that's fair. He definitely does have that track record. He has just been so so good this year, you know, I mean, he's basically been maybe he's the fourth on a Player Raider. He's only behind Miss Rowski, James Wood, Ben Rice and.
Speaker 2: Then it's him.
Speaker 1: So it was just just one of the ask because he's always been a podcast favorite. So it felt a little low for for somebody that that we've always been repping.
Speaker 2: Gray, somebody we haven't really repped at any point.
Speaker 1: But it's you know, on this list, and deservedly so is Auto Lopez night home run seventeen stone bases. He's hitting three thirty four, three sixty eight five h five that does come with a three seventy babbit, so maybe a little lucky. But what are your thoughts here on Auto Lopez? Apparently based on your ranking, you do think he can keep going this going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm I'm a fan. I think, uh, I think Ota Lopez there's I mean, I feel like he's I mean, I was gonna say he's probably in the running for getting into the top two any overall for next year, but I think he probably has to have a pretty big second half for that to happen, because he actually, I mean, in reality, he probably feels like he might be underrated next year. But anyway, for this year, yeah, I mean he's doing every I mean, he's hitting the ball as well as anyone, like you look, you look at guys around the field like I was. I was actually noticing how well Jonathan Arenada was hitting the ball when I was looking at guys who were close to making into the top one hundred but ended up falling short.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Ado Lopez was hitting the ball as well as anyone. I mean a good hard hit, solid solid speed, obviously stealing you know, potentially stealing thirty bags this year on pace too at least, and hitting you know, like fifteen homers, fifteen thirty and with the solid contact hitting probably you know, at were I want to say, three point fifteen. So yeah, I mean he looks great. An a Lopez fan, I'll you know, I'm I'm definitely one of the few guys I got right on a lot of my Mixed league teams. I drafted him just about everywhere. So yeah, I like Gotto Lopez a lot. I don't I do think, you know, the upside on the power is probably somewhat low. I mean, he's not I don't think he's gonna suddenly break out and become like, I don't know, like Kettle Marte or something, Cautel Marte. I don't think he's gonna do that necessarily. He's not gonna become a twenty seven homer hitter. But yeah, I mean fifteen homers with thirty steel speed and a three fifteen plus average that moves the needle. Man, It's it's solid. So yeah, I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like him too.
Speaker 1: He is part of my you know, only team that is performing well. Actually, I got an offer while we're recording this by I got I actually put him on the trade block because I have a lot of stone bases and I need to grab some power. I was sent to a trade offer Auto Lopez for Luis Garcia Junior's see, it's a fair offer from a power for speed standpoint. I think I will probably just keep on a Lopez, though, because I am not not a huge believer in Luis Garcia or I.
Speaker 3: I know you like him, but I didn't make that trade offer, by the way, you did not. I see, uh, I see someone send a thing with like guys on the block or or or these categories are needed. I see those emails and I automatically block the center. I don't take well. I don't like those emails. I don't know why. I just I you know what I feel like. If you're like, that's like when someone reaches out to me and they're like, oh, hey, what will you give me for this player? I'm like, why don't you just offer a trade? Like you you want me to do the work? Like why am I? Why am I in charge of doing the work for you? Man?
Speaker 1: Anyway, I feel like you just complained about both sides of the trade market.
Speaker 2: You're just complaining because somebody tells you what they're looking for. If they're looking for the trade.
Speaker 1: But then you also said I don't like it when people come to me and ask me, So basically, you just don't like trading.
Speaker 3: Ray, you can just say that I still like I just don't like talking.
Speaker 1: If you want to sing Gray very lopside of trade, he will sit on it for a month, come back, notice there's a trade, and then maybe accepted that. That's the way that it works with Gray. That's that's the way it's always worked with Gray. Uh as somebody who is in multiple leagues with him. And if you if you text him in maybe like three weeks instead of a full month, but it's still gonna take some time.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get those stats.
Speaker 3: Yea better you have a better chance of commenting on my post and being like, hey, what do you think of this trade? And I'd be like, that's a pretty good trade. You'd be like, okay, well I just sentence you, so maybe you accept it.
Speaker 2: That's fair. That's fair.
Speaker 1: So yes, I'll have to look at that trade for myself. But we can move off of that Gray. I always like putting in those like what I'm looking for in because it makes.
Speaker 2: It very clear that I want a specific set of.
Speaker 1: Skills, you know, pull my pull, my best taken and just go after what I need Gray, because in that league I have like I'm like forty stolen bases second, Like it's it's crazy how much steals I don't need. So I would like to trade that in for something I would like to have, which is either power.
Speaker 2: Or some pitching.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when you have this Nunez in a only league, you're you're pretty set on the stone base.
Speaker 3: I did, actually I did offer. Uh, there's a in our in my labor league, in twelve team next league. Someone, Uh, someone's in first place and I'm in I think I want to say like fourth. Maybe I don't know, I'm in like fourth place. And I did. I did d M them, and I said, I will trade my entire team for your entire team if you want to do that. It didn't work, though I would have. I would have done that trade. But no one, no one's doing that.
Speaker 1: I guess, No, Greg, I won't trade you by my perch league team for your Perch League team or my only team for your team.
Speaker 2: Uh, if you want to, hey, how we could do that? You know I'm good to that one.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about something that is also up in the air, which is Byron Buxton injuries. At any point in time you slotted him at fifty in the rankings.
Speaker 2: Is this pre injury post injury?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter because Byron Buxton can do crazy things and limited time. What's your thoughts here on Buckston coming in right at the midway mark of.
Speaker 3: The fifty spot. I think I actually I might have moved him. I might have moved him down a little bit from higher than fifty even after the il, so that that is post injury the fifty spot for his ranking. It was it was the last option, you said, whereas like Byron Buston can do so well in such a little amount of time that it's like you're the injuries already baked in. So whether or not this actually makes any sense or not. I actually looked at like, you know, him starting the second half on the eye as like, well, he's getting that I el stint out of the way, and you know he's gonna be well rested for the second half, So I you know, for better or worse, I feel like at some point you were gonna get a Buckston I el stint, so you know, maybe it's out of the way now, and you know you have a solid second half to look forward to. I think it's mostly like you know, his his per game stats are just so good that like you know, if you know you only get sixty games in the second half, like you know, or fifty, it's gonna be it's gonna be a really good fifty or sixty game. So yeah, I think I think he's still I think he's still worth that ranking easily. Really, I mean he's another guy who's like, I don't know where he let's see Byron Buxton on the Player Raider. I think he's probably pretty high, right, top thirty, yeah, top thirty. Yeah, he's top thirty, and I ranked him at fifty. So yeah, I think that's pretty fair. I mean he's at this point like with someone like Buxton, I you know, I feel like I also another guy we haven't talked about or maybe you have him further in the uh in the outline, but Michael Harris the second too, like Byron Buckson, Michael Hare's a second at this point, like Michael Harris a second a little bit more so than even Byron Buckston. But they've come around in my mind, I've I've accepted who they are and like I like, I like them both for what they are. And Michael Harris a second I think even more so than Buckston because Buckston was always like I believed in Buxton, but I always felt like the injury, the injuries are the risk, and they still are. But when Michael Harris a second, I think I've actually, you know, come on him where I think Michael Harris a second actually is the guy who everyone for the longest time thought he was Like, you know, I think there was a long period of time there where he was not as good as people were saying he was gonna be. But now Michael Harris a second does look he looks as good as everyone thought he was gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've pulled a sharver around a few people, you know, kind of kind of changing your your long standing beliefs on them.
Speaker 2: Glad to see you're on the Michael Harris train.
Speaker 1: I always felt like it was just he needed to move up in the batting order to make his fantasy draft Bryce makes sense. And he's done that, Like the Braves have finally realized you shouldn't actually have Ozzy Albi's at the top of the order regularly and also Ronald the Cooney not being there allows for some some movement as well. So yeah, I like Michael Harris in addition to Byron Buckston. Let's do some guys who are probably if they're on your team, you're probably struggling a little bit, and that is Manny Machado, Kyle Tucker, and vlat Gerrera Junior. Just talk about these three as a whole, because they're kind of all the same. I mean, at least Mandy's hitting for power, he's the only one with home runs.
Speaker 2: They're all hitting for a disappointing average.
Speaker 1: And everything's pretty disappointing on these three. They're still ranked here Gray. I'm assuming this is all based on what they've done in their past though, because many Machado maybe you can say a little bit of babbit, but the other two just do not look good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I would say so. Manny Machado, I think is probably my one of my biggest second half buys because like you said, like he is mostly babbit, So I Manny Machado. Aside, I think Machado's actually doing fairly well outside of average, and the averag ridges a lot to do with the Babbitt and so I would say you could buy him pretty pretty easily. And I like that Vlad and Tucker. Lad and Kyle Tucker are bigger issues. They're yeah, so Vlad. And by the way, they're ranked like you said, I mean almost entirely on track record, like they didn't do anything in the in the first half. Really to you know, afford them the graciousness of me ranking them where I did, but I did. I'm a I'm a better person than them, Okay, I say with Vlad specifically, you know, he's he's shown the ability, like you know, even in the playoffs last year, Like he's shown the ability to hit like, you know, twelve homers in like ten games and have like monster months. So I'm still you know, I don't think it's necessarily gonna come this year. I think it's really like he's got a I think he's got a bad back, and I think it's really uh, you know, I think it's hurting his power. But maybe the break, this All Star break, maybe he gets a cortizone shot in his back and he comes back after the break and he is good again. Because I still think Vlad ken have like a huge month or two, whether he does or not. You know, it's up to him. I can only do so much.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: With Kyle Tucker, on the other hand, he's he is pretty concerning because like, you know, his strikeouts are up, like he like, I watched a decent amount of Dodgers games. He just does not seem interested in being like, you know, whatever's going on in La, he doesn't care. He doesn't seem like it just seems like he's you know, he's become you know, because there's so many stars around him, he's just sort of become like, you know, a bit of a wallflower as far as like you know, the spotlight. And it's like, oh, like I don't know. I mean, he doesn't seem he doesn't seem like he's, uh, he's having the best of times there. And you know, his numbers are really pretty bad. But you know, as far as track record goes, I mean, he does have as good a track record as anyone. So I'm hoping Kyle Tucker can have another solid, you know, a solid month or two. And you know, for a second half, for a guy to be good in the second half, all he needs is like, you know, a good solid like six weeks really, So yeah, I you know, I'm still holding out hope in Kyle Tucker, but I do, you know, I mean, his his hard hit is decent. I mean there's a few things to look at with Kyle Tucker where it's like, Okay, you know, maybe he's not as bad as uh as he seems, but it's it's been a struggle for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have not loved the Kyle Tucker that we're getting this year, and to some extent, it's kind of carried over from what he was doing in the second half last year. The bat speeds down, fast wing rates down, after Jackson wallsty heart hit, everything is kind of down from where he's always been since the second half of last year. So to some extent, I wonder if something's wrong with him that he just didn't want to address in his free agent off season and ruin his payday because the numbers do not look the same after the first half of last year to now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's fair And I know you have it in the outline you were gonna you had. Where do they go next year? I you know, I Kyle Tucker is like, he is a tough one for me to even imagine where he goes year like Manny, I think it's gonna drop to like probably sixty or seventy next year, even if he has a good second half, unless he has an amazing second half, but more than likely because Manny was already like thirty this year, not age, I mean ADP. He was around thirty to forty this year. ADP sixty sounds about right for Manny next year, with you know the figuring, assuming you know the age is a factor, and this down year, you know, he's not gonna be allowed to even if he has a insane second half, he's only gonna get his average up to like two fifty or something. So yeah, I would say many, probably sixty FLAD. I would say, you know, if Lad seems to bounce around with ADP, like one year he's like in the top twenty, next year he's like around thirty to forty, I think next year is gonna be the thirty to forty year. He seems to bounce back and forth between you know, thirty to forty and twelve to twenty, somewhere in that range. So yeah, I would say Lad probably in the thirty to forty range next year. Kyle Tucker, I don't know, I have no idea like Kyle Tucker feels like he could be potentially like around where like you know, Yelich went this year. Maybe, I mean maybe like eighty. I mean, Kyle Tucker is gonna fall massively in ADP. I would think, I don't know, I mean, where would you be in Kyle Tucker seventy five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking he probably goes on that seventy five to one hundred range where you kind of get the upside, you get the aging veterans like that feels like the right area for him. But again, it's gonna depend quite a bit on his second half this year and kind of what what he can do, because if he just looks like what he did in the first half, it may be closer to that hundred and not not the tewenty five number. And you know, there's some back issues he's having right now. So Becka heard him. For this year, it's it's a concern. I think it's seventy five one hundred just based on what he does the rest of season. You know, if he comes back and has old school Kyle Tecker things, then maybe that moves up. But at this point I don't necessarily see old school Cayle Tucker walking through the doors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think if he has, if he has a solid second half, probably in the forty to fifty range next year. Even if he has even that's even with a solid second half, I think if he has a poor one, I mean it's like where taoscar maybe was this year, potentially in drafts if he has, if he has an awful second half, like if he basically comes out in the first week and you know, cracks open his shin and misses like two months of the second half, I want to be shy to see Kyle Tucker go with like one twenty overall next year. I mean, there's there's a chance he's uh, he's he's on the like he's on the it feels like he's on the Chris Bryant arc of his career right now. And that's not good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really hope that's not the case. I love both those players. I've I've liked them both since they started. It was really sad to watch Kyle Tucker go the same way as Chris Bryant has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my Dynasty League this year is just it's a it's destroying players.
Speaker 1: Gray I was, I was fourth last year, I just needed some pitching, so I went and got pitching, and my bats all stopped performing. I had Tis, I had cal Rawley jass Chishom, who was terrible to beginning of the year. I have Kyle Tucker is a Tyler sh Strong who has been hurt for missing games.
Speaker 2: Just been it's been a tough year for my dynasty team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's uh, it sounds like the Dodgers in general, the uh, the Oscar, Kyle Tucker, and Mookie Betts. It's like, oh, Freddie Freeman too, like, uh, yeah, when Otani is the young guy, they better hope they win this year because they might be looking at a rebuild. Might be a lot closer, uh than we anticipate with the Dodgers, because yeah, I mean I was watching. I know it's just one game, but like on Saturday, like, Mookie Bets looks like he got old, Kyle Tuker looks terrible. Freddy Freeman is like Freddie Freeman's out there, like you know, he's on he's on the he's on the phone, he's on first base. He's he's on the phone with his wife and they're discussing, like you know, where to send their kids to high school. Like it's like they're it's I mean, they have gotten like the team has gotten old.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I almost wonder like if you pull it up Tommy out if something happens to him, and I do not want that to happen, but if it does, do they kind of go the way that the Yankees lineup is gone without Judge, where you're like, you know what this is.
Speaker 2: This is a pretty terrible lineup and they're not scoring any runs anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I know, it's true. It's they're not far from that. Really, it's like they've definitely hit a a aging veterans wall of like, oh wow, these guys are you know when when Blake's now and Tyler glasnow are the young chickens that are in the roost waiting to come in and give you a revitalization, Like, oh man, you know it's like the only guy under thirty I think is Dalton Rush and everyone hates him for being under thirty.
Speaker 2: I think, hope you're buying any pie he's under thirty.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about some young guys.
Speaker 1: Gray, you're buying the young shortstops JJ Weatherhille and Kevin McGonagall. They're both ranked here for you above their Player Raiders spot. Is it that you're really buying them or is it there's kind of a drop off at some point nobody else really earned any kind of bump here.
Speaker 2: They've been solid by like rookie standards.
Speaker 1: Like they've been good by rookie standards, but like from a fantasy numbers perspective, it's not an overly exciting profile from either of them. JJS thirteen nine, two fifty nine mcgonagall's eight eleven to eighty three numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair. Yeah, I know, I hear what you're saying. I think, you know, it's like at a certain point the second half top one hundred, it's like, oh, Kevin mcgonaga or Jake Berger, who was nowhere near the top one hundred, Like, you know, like there is there's some room maneuvering here. I think, uh, you know, both of them, McGonagall and Weatherhold both were top one hundred guys in the first half on the Player Raider they were they're also you know, young with upside. McGonagall I feel like has a little bit less upside, but it is a little bit more stable and Weatherhold has. You know, I think a lot more upside than we've even seen, and he had a solid first half, so I you know, I think it's a balance of upside versus what, you know, what they actually did this first half, which was good. So you know, they had a good first half, top one hundred first half and uh, you know, solid I think with upside.
Speaker 1: Okay, And one of the reason to break up their ranks is right between them on the play Raider, but later in the ranks as Zader Edwards who sticks and runs stole basis three h three. Maybe not quite as loud in regards to the upside, but from a play Raider standpoint, I mean Edwards has done what you need him to do last two seasons. Is he is he getting a little bit punished here because he's just that he hasn't shown necessarily vertical upside yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly right. You know, I didn't realize, you know, when I wrote I wrote these last week. Obviously for us to be discussing them now and for them to be on the Patreon you know, last week. So I wrote them last week, I didn't realize. I mean, there was no way to realize that actually because it wasn't the case yet, but I didn't realize a mechanical weather Holt were right next to each other on the playwright. Well, you mentioned Edwards was between them, but I mean they are. They literally did exactly the same as far as the as far as the player raider is concerned, I was just I was just I was amusing myself by looking at the player raider. Just now. Sorry anyway, Yes, Edwards just does not have the huge upside is really the only thing. I think, you know, Edwards is also a bit of a category play with like you know Edwards or Nacium Nunez, you know, like, Okay, I mean Edwards is gonna hit for a better average and he has you know, a little bit of pop not much. I mean, coming into the year, I think we probably assumed he was gonna hit less than three homers, even though he now has six. But yeah, I mean I think Edwards is just mostly steals with some average, whereas like you know, the other guys weather Holt and mcconagal, you know, they they have more five category upside, which I don't think Edwards has. So yeah, that's it. I mean, but Edwards is fine, if you need steals an average, I'm fine with Edwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, makes sense great. I just wanted to see where where the thinking was on that one. Believe to understand you know you are shooting for upside when you are ranking at some point seven catchers in your top one hundred gray where you abducted, are you okay?
Speaker 2: Like three times? If you need help?
Speaker 3: What you know? Honestly? So I look at catchers like this, like if ben Rice is gonna hit uh, you know the same stats as like you know a like as a like Matt Olsen, Like if Ben Rice and Matt Olson are gonna have the same stats, like I'm fine with ranking ben Rice around Matt Olson, Like it's never it was never like, oh, deducted guy because he's a catcher. Was deduct deducted him because he was a catcher, and that meant he was gonna lose at bats. But these guys are like, these guys are doing stuff that like I feel like we haven't seen maybe ever or at least in some time, because they're all basically like all the like ben Rice, Hunter Goodman, Dylan Dingler, Shey Langle, Leers, Contreras, Baldwin and cal Rowley, they're all getting like decent amount of DH time. Some of those guys I mentioned are getting first base time. They're all getting a ton of at bats, and you know, I think and like Liam Hicks, who I didn't even who I didn't even include in my top one hundred, he's also getting first base at bats and some DH at bats. So it's like, if these guys are doing like if they're getting the same stats as like, you know, I don't know, say like Bryce Harper, if they're getting the same status as Bryce Harper, then why wouldn't you you know, why wouldn't you rank him by a Bryce Harper? You know? The My biggest concern always was, like, you know, a lot of them would be like, oh, catcher only at bats. So if you're getting catcher only at bats and that that hurts your bottom line. So yeah, I mean, I you know, cal Rawley probably is the only one really that's in my top one hundred. That's super debatable because like as far at least, what I think is because like he had a terrible first half, so that is more of like, you know, maybe he can have that huge second half like he had, you know, somewhat like he had last year, because like he has been, cal Rawley's been brutal. I mean, he's been awful. I think he's like, you know, I think cal Holy basically is like, you know, as bad as any catcher you know in on the Player Raider, Like he's just awful right now. He's he's around four hundred overall on the Player Raider, you know, so obviously, so cal Rawley had a brutal first half. But you know, a flyer on him, I think in the top one hundred isn't I don't think that's the worst flyers you can make. Like maybe he comes out well rested, he gets you know, he gets it out of his head that he had such a brutal first half. Uh, and he's, uh, you know, he's good in the second half. And if he's good in the second half, he's the type of guy who could hit twenty homers in the second half. So yeah, I think it's a decent flyer. But he has been awful. I mean, that's he's been no joke, terrible, And that was one you know. I mean I think we I think me and you both were like, don't draft cal Rawley in the preseason I mean that was that was pretty clearly one to avoid. But on the other hand, I also said, don't draft Ben Rice, and this is you know, I mean, so you know, given you take a little bit here, but yeah, yeah, I think it depends on when you checked in on my rankings for Ben Rice.
Speaker 1: I was, I like, by force put him lower, and then as I kept making my rankings, I'm just like, this doesn't make any sense that he kept moving higher and higher, and eventually I was actually maybe one of the highest people on him. So it really depends on when he checks Ben Rice with me. I will say one of my kind of long term sayings has always been, if you want to find the best second or the best catchers for the second half, is to look at who struggled in the first half and vi especially in regards to who was good who's going to be bad. So from that perspective, I would not be surprised at all if cal Rawley is healthy, the oblique and the side are fine, and he actually does kind of maybe even the top catcher the rest of season, as you mentioned, and like Ben Rice, like Leiers, good Men Hicks who isn't on your list but probably deserves to be. You know, they are getting time outside of catcher that certainly helps with just that daily grind of of playing catcher, but they're still getting a lot of time behind the plate, which is kind of what tends to to hurt catcher season's long term.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like these catchers you mentioned.
Speaker 1: I would probably have them a little bit lower than you because of simple fact, but they have all just they have all performed and deserved the spots where you have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know. It's uh, it's been a time where I think, uh, you know, I think we were talking about this in the preseason, like first base is pretty weak in general, and uh, you know, a lot of catchers have been picking up like first base at bats, and you know, and d h's have pretty weak too, and and these catchers have been picking up d H at bats. And yeah, I mean if a guy's like you know, like a Dylan Dingler, I mean, if he's getting at bats, which you know he has been, if he's getting them and he's hitting for powers like you can't I mean, it's hard to argue with some of these guys, I think versus like, you know, some of the guys who are at a at a at a place where like they're not getting the other but like k bert Ruiz for instance, like he's been fine as a but he's like more in the model of like the old catchers where it's like he's just getting catcher at bats, he's not getting anything else, or like you know, Carson Kelly or like even like the Gabriel Marino who I saw on Saturday. Yeah, I mean, you know, so there's still guys who are getting the catcher only at bats, and you know, and they've and there's still and those guys who I just mentioned have been I mean they've been decent for just catchers, like they have positive value on the player raider. But you know, some of these other guys, I mean, like you know, Hunter Goodman has three hundred and seventy two play appearances versus like you know, k bert Ruiz, who has two hundred and nine. I mean that's like, you know, one hundred and seventy played appearance is almost of a difference. It's huge. You can't I mean, that value is like you can't, you can't come close to that. If a guy is getting that many at bats or that many of play appearances, he'll get so many more runs in RBIs just by virtue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And I will say like we heard all like I remember growing up and like, oh a, all have dedicated DA that's why their offenses are better.
Speaker 2: But I feel like now.
Speaker 1: That the league has designated or has a DH across the board, yeah, there's there's so there's so limited d H only players because they're they're using them to fill other places, backups and everything to become it by default because there's an extra one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, totally.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's a good point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like the you know, like if you look at like the the Rangers, like it's like they're because I just thought of them, because they're one of the few teams uh or even I guess the Pirates they have.
Speaker 3: Ozuna uh and the Rangers have what you call it, Jack Jack Peterson. Like there's there's just so few teams that you can point at and be like, oh, well, that guy is a d H every day. So you know, but like you know, like Texas, like you know, uh, they have a more of an old school catcher situation because that Jack Peterson's always d hing. So like Higgashoki is like you know, he's got one hundred and seventy three played appearances and he's leading the Rangers right now. It's like, you know, I mean, it's not like he's great, but like that's it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like the catcher at bats because like they're they're more spread out because he's not getting Higgashoki. It is not like he's ever gonna get DH at bats because Jack Peterson, and he's not getting first base at bats because he doesn't play first base. But you have Danny Janssen there, Elias Diaz, like you have other arranger catchers who are getting at bats, so it's more spread out, so there's less fantasy value there. You know, not that those guys ever would be good, but you know what I'm saying, it's like when a guy has a when a team has a designated DH, it changes it changes the dynamic of like how much they're going to use their catcher as a DH.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if they're not, you know, a great DH, it really does kind of feel like a waste of a roster spot to not have somebody who can help in the field. Speaking of guys who aren't hoping, Gray, I have to ask what these guys are doing on.
Speaker 2: This list at all, Rickey Bets woy Bets.
Speaker 1: We talked about Mickey Moniac and Jeedy Pino also on this list.
Speaker 3: Making Moniac has been making. Moniac's been so good in a pro pro rate, like a per game situation. Moniac's been solid.
Speaker 1: No, I mean he's been fine. I don't know that he deserves the spot in the top one hundred. If I'm from being honest, here.
Speaker 3: Might I might have a special place in my making moniac heart. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's been very solid, but it's still rocky.
Speaker 1: There's there's talk of trade with him.
Speaker 2: It feels like there's probably somebody else who.
Speaker 1: Should Yeah, you know, maybe Liam Hicks just just thrown out Liam.
Speaker 2: You're gonna throw a bunch of other catchers on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we should have more catchers. That's what my less needs. Yeah, man, more catchers, that's what we need. Uh, let's see, I'm looking at per game. Oh no, yeah, I mean he's solid per game. I mean, I get it. It's like, uh, definitely definitely could have went a different way. I'm I'm not arguing with Mickey Moniac, I guess, but he has been decent per game as good as Michael Harris a second and Aaron Judge specifically, and a little bit better than Jackson Churio. But yeah, I mean, you know, I get it. I am actually Mickey Moniac. I you know, I am a little bit concerned if he gets traded. There is a little bit of an in there. So yeah, I mean hopefully he doesn't get traded because that would kind of hurt us what you call his value. So yeah, you know, I'm I'm not gonna disagree with that. Jeremy Payne, I think was I think he's just been injured, so I'm not I don't know. I feel like Jeremy Payne is fine if he's healthy, and you know, coming out of the break, he should be healthy. I mean, you know, as far as me knowing how healthy a guy is going to be, but he is, you know, coming off the il, and he's supposedly healthy. So if Jeremy Payne is healthy, I I think he's worth a top one hundred pick.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I don't have as much problem with Jeremy Payne as is specifically Murky and then Moniac just it feels like he hasn't quite earned it. But like you said on a per game he's been fine. I will say kind of like the the injury history is definitely part of his equation too. I mean he's never played one hundred and forty games, so that's that's factored in for me as well. Yeah, this is also like, so this is not obviously, this is not what the rankings are gonna look like for the preseason next year.
Speaker 3: But I will say with like Mookie Bets specifically, this does feel like the the end. This is not doesn't feel like the beginning of the end. This feels like the end of like where he is ever in the top one hundred, Like if he doesn't do something this second half, Like I feel like there's just no way to get Mookie Bets in the top one hundred next year, which is crazy. I mean he's I mean he's been you know, he's been great for his whole career. It's been a long time now that he has been solid. But I can't I can't imagine Mookie Bets making it into the top one hundred next year, you know, like maybe around like where Brandon Nemo goes usually like one twenty to one forty range.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even think it's that. I don't even think it's that.
Speaker 1: If I'm being honest, it hadn't been like the sixty to seventy range this year, and I should have just buried him even further. I'm not gonna draft looking backs again. It's just not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's yeah, I mean it's really hard to uh, it's hard to see where, like, it's hard to see where it's coming where he's coming out of this because like his numbers are bad. I mean, right now, it's like he had he has eleven homers, one steal, and he's hitting two thirty five and he looks terrible. He literally he really looks kind of cooked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does not look good.
Speaker 1: I mean, on the positive side, the hard hits up slightly, jackson velacidity is up slightly, but everything else pretty much in line. He's not swinging any faster, so he's slower. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you make a strong case for him not even being in the top two hundred, And.
Speaker 1: I just don't know where the value comes from, and especially if they're like eventually the Dodgers can't let him be in the top of the lineup, Like he has to move he cannot hit two thirty five sub three hundred OVP, no power, no speed, and stay at the top of a world series continuing lineup.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy is I wrote a Mookie Bets schmohawk post in the preseason. I e. Mookie Bets is overrated. I wrote that in the preseason of this year, and so that means so you know, well, you know, I pat myself on the back, but that also means that he was being overrated, which is great, which you know, because I I don't write those for like guys who are being drafted like you know, late enough where it doesn't matter. Like that means he was probably being drafted in like the top fifty or top forty.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, he was going third round pretty pretty consistently in the drafts.
Speaker 3: Crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Crazy people told me I was crazy for putting in the sixties seventies and overall, like I put him there based on complete respect for him as a person, nothing, nothing, due to the fact that he is still good fantasy based that put him at the lowest possible spot where I wouldn't get him. But it still didn't look like I was being too crazy. That should have just been crazy. I know.
Speaker 3: Well that's always see, that's always the thing that the calculus that's involved when you're doing rankings, because it's like you don't want to look too crazy, because when you look too crazy, people were like because like I could have I could have ranked cal Raleigh at like one hundred and fifty overall because I was never drafting him, but I put him at like thirty or something because he was going at twenty. So I just ranked him like late enough where it's like, well, no one's drafting him there he's going at like fifteen overall in some leagues, like I have him at you know, thirty or forty overall. Wherever I put cal Rawley and it was like, you know, that's late enough. Where I've made my point that like, don't draft him. But I could have easily put him at one fifty. But the problem is it's the calculus of like if I put him at one fifty, people are gonna be like, oh, this guy's crazy crazy. They would have been like, oh, no, I'm disregarding everything he's saying because he's too crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you said, if you ranked cal Rawley as the twenty catcher he's twenty eighth right now, By the way, you would have been laughed out of the stadium, like you wouldn't have been given a seat, They would have taken your labor team, they.
Speaker 2: Would have taken your cup team.
Speaker 1: They would kick you off an FBC, like you wouldn't be allowed to even even participate.
Speaker 2: But you you would have been right, just like I would have been right.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I'm saying, because that's like the stuff that people don't even realize with like you know, it's like, oh, like this is so dumb, but it's like this is really in the weeds right now. But I'm gonna say though, because like you look at like a guy like, oh, it's like, oh, I'm not drafting uh you know Paul's schemes in any in any league. But I'm like, so I'll put him down at like you know, I don't know, I'll rank him at like fifty overall. I would have done that. People would have been like, oh, you're real dumb. People would have been like you are such a dummy, Like you are like out of control dumb, Like it's not even like it's not even in the realm of making sense. How dumb you are, and you know, at the end of the day, I would have been right. But but at that point, like people would have been in the preseason would have been they would have wrote me off as being dumb and we would have never got to this point. Would have been like, you're already dumb. I can't listen to someone this stupid.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, Grey.
Speaker 1: It would actually be a really fun, like use useless waste of time travel to take like the previous years player enter and go back and redraft like in your in your time machine and just take the most crazy players. Be like twenty twenty five draft, I'm taking Pete crow Armstrong in the third round and.
Speaker 2: People be like, who who are you taking? And you're like, don't worry about it, it's it's fine.
Speaker 1: It would be okay, And I'm gonna draft Auto Lopez in the third round.
Speaker 2: You're drafting who in the third round? Over over Paul's schemes and uh Manny.
Speaker 1: Machado and Wriguez like what are you thinking?
Speaker 2: And you'd be like, well, just wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's all that's the thing with always like you know, because Rudy and I, how did I get into it? Over this because it's like with the war room, it's like, oh, well, you could have waited an extra round to take that guy, and it's like, yeah, so I don't. Who cares. You get one week into the season and no one cares where you could have took a guy. It's like, oh, yeah, I could have waited an extra round to take James Wood, but I took him at fifteen versus waiting until twenty five or thirty or whatever. But it's like, who cares. As long as I got him, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely great, let's segon off it up and then we'll get out of here. No way to wire, no streams since we're on All Star break this week. In the words of Jesse from Breaking Bad, he can't keep getting away with this. Great Join Romano got another contract and there's two saves for the Rockies.
Speaker 2: You can't keep getting away with this.
Speaker 3: You know, the Rockies and the Angels could just trade players back back and forth, and because they're both in like their own heads, they won't even know. They'd be like, oh, Jordan Romano is actually pretty good, Like okay, let's trade for yeah what, and then the Angels will be like, you know, then a month later, the Rockets would be like, hey, you want join Romano and the Angels be like, yeah, that sounds good. Hey didn't we have that guy ready? No, I don't know. I think we did. Maybe it doesn't matter, though, does it. The Angels and the Rockies should have their own league going. It should be like twenty eight teams in the major leagues, and then the Angels and Rockies are just going back and forth. They just go back. It's like Chris Bryant, you want to go to the Angels.
Speaker 1: No, I've never really thought relegation would work in the US GRAVE, and I.
Speaker 2: Think relegation might be from Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: Like if we could just get rid of Colorado, the Angels, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean probably the White Sox.
Speaker 1: I know they're they're doing better this year, but we could probably just go ahead and to save ourselves the pain and get rid of them.
Speaker 3: You're only saying that as a Cubs fan with the White Sox. Come on, be honest.
Speaker 2: I mean the serve the team the last decade until this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'll give you know, a rebuild is a specific beast if you're actually have like I didn't think Chris gets added in them. But I mean, the White Sox are decent, so it's like if they're you know, if they rebuild the team, that's good. The Angels and the Rockies, on the other hand, they can't. They're not rebuilding. They're just like the Angels and the Rockies are like, you won, Adam Fraser, Okay, I'll take like what what hey, yon Mancata, you want to go to the Rockies. We've already We've had your already on the Angels. We can't. We can't trade with anyone else but the Rockets. It's that we get relegated.
Speaker 1: The White Sox are leading in the division where four teams in the division are not trying to win anything.
Speaker 3: So no one's trying to win in the Al Central. That's true, I'll give you that. The Ale Central is basically just it's a jump ball every year. It's like usually the Guardians do win that jump ball, but it's it's very it is up in the air because of the fact that no one trusts that division ever Twins. The Twins are actively trying to lose every year. They're like, huh, who do we have good and can we get rid of them?
Speaker 2: The Royals are like, you know, they think they're gonna be good. We all think they're gonna be good.
Speaker 3: The Royals are actually, yeah, the Royals are the worst because they actually are trying to because royals. The Royals are like the little sister or little brother. You have their hand on their head and they can't hit you. They're just like anyway, Jordan Romano is not good and I would not pick him up. Moving on, do not.
Speaker 1: Oh we're in Baltimore. Do you want Andrew Kittridge or Tyler Wells. They've both been getting.
Speaker 3: I would say probably Tyler Wells, because you know, just usage more or less. I know Kittridge did get a save, but I think that was because Tyler Wells had worth the previous days. So I would say probably Tyler Wells, but it could be either. It could be Kittridge or Wells. And yeah, I mean they're they're both worth picking up. I would I would actually pick up both of them if I had room, and just to see how it shakes out. It seems like well I would go Wells sixty forty, but it could be Kittridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's kind of up in the air, back and forth.
Speaker 1: Kittridge got a couple this week, wells got I think a couple of.
Speaker 2: The previous week.
Speaker 1: So it feels a little bit back and forth. I went through that I would pick them both up. I think I would. I would prioritize Kittridge just because he got the last couple saves, but.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to go back and forth between them to some extent.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the White Sox. Great Grant Taylor got to save this week. Is he officially their closer or do you think there's still a closer committee here.
Speaker 3: Well, the good news is I think it's a I think it's mostly grand Taylor's job, but I do think and even better news is I think they finally have moved on from Sir Anthony Domingez. But I do think there is a chance that like Brian Hudson or Sean Newcomb both could potentially get saves. They're in the mix, as they say, but I think it's grand Taylor probably. I would go even as high as maybe seventy five twenty five seventy five Grand Taylor twenty five split between Neukom and Hudson. I think Domingos is probably you could probably drop Dimngos and I'm saying that actually to myself because I still have them for some reason, I still have domngos, So you can drop them. I'm looking in the mirror right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you go ahead and drop them.
Speaker 1: His numbers are clearly starting to kind of decline this year, and it just does not look like the same guy.
Speaker 2: And I with you.
Speaker 1: I think Grant Taylor's the guy, and it was always a little bit of just on the white Sox Gunner actually be in and try and win these games or are they trying to build up somebody's trade value. It seems like they're on the more of the winning games side now, since you know they can win a vision that nobody wants to win over a staying in Chicago on the other side of town. Four guys have a save in the last two weeks. Is anybody the closer there?
Speaker 3: Well, I wish Jacob Jacob Jacob Web would pull away, But yeah, I mean he hasn't, So there's that I say. I wish he would because I have Web in a few leagues. I think Web is probably barely I would say this is much closer to the fifty to fifty. I would say Web is probably probably fifty five forty five with between Web and the other guys, I would say Web is fifty five, and then it's like and then it's sort of you know, it's like thorn in thigh bar any anyone raul listen. I think it's even gone to save, So it's anyone really after Web. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any hierarchy hierarchy of like who's going to get saved there. I think it's Web and then just a bunch of other guys. Potentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say Webbin is the leader, but I'm with you, I don't think it's anybody. If the Cubs are gonna make a push, I could definitely see them going and finding a closer at the trade deadline.
Speaker 2: Over in Texas. Seems like Jake Latts is the closer there. Are you buying it?
Speaker 3: Hmm, yeah, yeah, absolutely, Yeah. I think Jake Lats has been great and he's been solid for better part of the year. I mean, oddly enough, because he doesn't you know, he doesn't really strike out a ton of people. His stuff isn't I don't think he's got like, you know, quote unquote closer stuff necessarily, but he's been solid so yeah, Jack Jacob Latz, Yeah, it's closer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. And now San Francisco, Caleb Killian got the last saved, maybe the last two saves actually, but there's a couple other people there in the mix. Are you go with Killian or do you think this is still a bit of a mess as well? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean the Giants, the Giants are not a good team, and and their bullpen's a mess. I'd say Eric Miller kill Eric Miller then Killian, Maybe maybe Killian then Miller. I don't know, you know, because Eric Miller's a lefty, so you have to factor that in. I guess I wouldn't go. I honestly, I would avoid the Giants their bullpen. I don't think it's worth it, Like you know, as Killian has eight saves on the year and a four to seven four year ra is it were those eight saves really worth it? I mean that's, you know, a philosophical question for you, but I mean it was it. I don't know. I'd probably avoid the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the the twelve era over the last two weeks isn't isn't great for Caleb Killian. He is the only one that's gotten saves, although he gets rocked pretty much every other time he was out.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I grab Eric Miller. He's the only one who's been good in that bullpen. Killian seems like the guy who's gonna get saved even though he shouldn't for now. Uh.
Speaker 2: And then there's JT.
Speaker 1: Brubaker, who gets the occasional save when Killian's not around, or just you know, the giants being the giants. So those are the three I would look at but not really excited about either one necessarily.
Speaker 2: Here let's uh.
Speaker 1: Let's move over to Pittsburgh Gray Uh, Mason Montgomery gets a save, Gregory Soto has a save in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Who do you think gets the gets the job here?
Speaker 3: Well, I put in a fab bed for Mason Montgomery on Sunday and I did not get it. And I don't know if I'm supposed to be happy or sad about that. They're both greg Gregory Soto is sort of you know, he's he he won the job, then lost the job, and then always like maybe has the job. And him and Montgomery a bro are both lefties, so you know, I think that complicates the situation. I like Montgomery better than Sodo. I don't think it's clear cut. And I also I'm really hoping the pirates go and try and get a close, like a roll this chatman sitting there. Send send someone you know, send send the prospect and get a roll this chatman back to Pittsburgh. Get they they need. The Pittsburgh Pirates need a closer, and I'm offering my services to be their GM. Go get a closer. I don't. I don't know what else to saying, Man, get a closer. Unfortunately, I think the pirates are probably selling, just because they always are selling, so I don't know why I would think they'd be buying. But yeah, I would say Montgomery or Sodo. I would put Montgomery above Sodo, but barely. And they're both lefties, so who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I think Montgomery's better than Sodo. But who the pirates go with, I'm not sure. I do not expect them to make any deals to acquire anyone, because that's not what they do unless they're picking up like Brian Hayes for.
Speaker 2: The sixth time.
Speaker 1: That's that's just not what the pirates don't. They don't go out and find pieces. Maybe if they can get like they're probably not gonna get the top of the vision, but then get a wild card spot before the trade deadline, maybe they do something. But I would assume if they're even like a game pack at the trade deadline, they will just say, oh, we can't make it and sell as they used to do. That's gonna do it for us this week. If you have any other questions, you can find us on x I Am at rasbeat on Green is at ras Ball. You find us in the comments section on YouTube dot com slash Rasball Fantasy or in the comments on rasball dot com.
Speaker 2: There you enjoy your all star break, Gray.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna take a little bit of time off, well deserved and uh hopefully it'll be an entertaining festivity unlike the last few years.
Speaker 2: Thanks all right, great talk to you later.
Speaker 3: All right, lads,