Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the Great America.
Speaker 2: Welcome this war is Monday afternoon the Tri State Reds Baseball kicks off. They play in the state of Missouri over the next seven games, which is of course you got the Cardinals, then Kansas City Royals are in town, and see how the Reds do. There's a heartbeat, not much of one. Get the paddles ready. They did win yesterday for the first time in nine weeks. They won on a Sunday. The last time they won a Sunday game was June the second, and the sheriff, Richard K. Jones, knows that they've had the last nine series with the Milwaukee Brewers. There's zero and nine as far as winning the series. But they are competitive. They do compete. The relentless pursuit of mediocrity has been reached and we continue to hope. Maybe along the next against hope, over the next six weeks they may make a run for this thing. But until then, Richard K. Jones, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Before we talk about what's happening with your good friend Kamala Harris, I got many photos. Tony Benner sent me several about you at the Voice of America. You were doing a line dance. I've never seen you dancing on cowboy boots and a cowboy hat, and I didn't know you had such skills. And when the Big Green Tractor song came on with Jason Aldean, you were going crazy. Was that a AI generated sheriff or was that real? Because you were having one hell of a time with the Voice of America.
Speaker 3: Hey, I was having norm hell of the time and I was sober, never had a drink, drink, drink soft drinks. I'm not going to say which one I drank because Mountain time, I've done that. When I was live down there with you, the sponsors for the Reds was the opposite one. I said, So I don't say what I drank anymore because you kicked my butt. Yeah, but listen, more people at that event, the biggest event, and I was very fortunate I got to be with the introduction of Jason Aldean. And there's thirty forty thousand people there in one spot, and it was so organized and it was so lawful and there was no craziness. Hey, the police, the law enforcement, the live squad, fire people, squat teams all Hey, everything went perfect. People came in.
Speaker 1: They were very orderly.
Speaker 3: Listen, I can dance, and it's not pretty when I'm sober. It's ugly, man, it's ugly.
Speaker 1: But listen.
Speaker 3: I had my nice boots on, my snake skin boots where snakes should be on my boots, and I had my nicest hat on, my blue jeans and dancing, dancing, having fun. And when I got on stage, the guy said, do you want to go down the runway? I said, well, hell, yeah, I want to go down the runway. Hey, I said, I'll probably never get up here again. Forty thousand people, and down the runway I went. And my job was to get the craft fired up, and that was my job. And I'd done my job. And then I got off the stage and never mentioned politics one time up there. People were there to have fun and not hear bunch of political people get up and talk. And I'd done my part. Well.
Speaker 2: Tony Bender tells me that, of course he was there, and he tells me there were many women there that were displaying certain body parts he found quite quite attractive. I'm sure you weren't looking at the butts and the boobs, but as Bender was doing. But did you ever have to issue citations for indecent exposure or decent exposure, give them a benefit anything of that character.
Speaker 3: No, there was no citation. But I did see a lot of cowboy boots, I.
Speaker 1: Bet, and.
Speaker 3: Very short shorts, yes, and cowboy hats listen, and most of them like Sheriff Jones. The most amazing thing. I shook so many hands and had so many pictures that I have a bruise on my hands.
Speaker 1: You sent me a picture.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm not going to that thing. I almost went. I got close to going, but I just couldn't pull myself. I just don't like people that much. I don't like loud music. And I think that a lot of those two things were there.
Speaker 3: Well listen, when you have heart of hearing like me, it's not that loud. And so it worked. Well, it wasn't loud enough. But listen to this. People in our county and in the country, they watched TV all the time, and they see chaos and they see disaster, and they see everybody hating everybody. This was not that people were there to have fun, and it was. It started and it never ended, and it started on Friday night ended yesterday. Every night thirty to forty thousand people. Now, the guy Tyler that puts this on and his organization, he's what you call it tier one. Now, he can go anywhere in the country and put these festivals on. And there is no better person more organized than this dude. What he does and what they do on stage. And when you pull in the back lot where the stage passes are, were all the vans and the buses for these bands. It's like they put a portable highway back there in case it rains. It's plastic. They drive on it. There's big, million dollar buses. Most amazing organization that I have ever seen. The restrooms were air conditioned, they were out restrooms, and they were air conditioned, had hand cleaner. Hey, I'm hey, listen. And it was packed, but the music was unbelievable. But hey, you're right. I was on stage on the runway with my clothes on, going down the runway and I did dance on stage, got the crowd fired up. And to be there be able to tell who the person's coming on with adjacent isn't bad for a little old sheriff's guy.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you bring up some of that because you've dealt with a Secret Service in Butler County every now and then. I had the impression that the Secret Service was a button down organization that were extremely competent, working their tail off, unlike many CEOs or maybe a police officer that has a shift. If you're in the Secret Service guarding the president or a protect D, you don't have a shift. It's twenty four to seven. Two things have eraisen. Number One, the shooting, the assassination attempt on Donald Trump has shown that the Secret Service is not buttoned down as they once were, for god knows the reason. And secondly this other stories come out about the Secret Service literally breaking into a beauty salon, taping up the cameras, and taking over a building against the wishes of the owner. And they've apologized yesterday and this morning, Monday morning, they apologize to the owner and want to pay the damages. Do you have a sense that the Secret Service, which is the fast agency, I think I would say this about, has lost their way.
Speaker 3: I listen the people on the ground. No, the people that jump in front of bullets, that's a bad job. The ones that jumped on top of Donald Trump. They jumped on top of him to take bullets. You know that that's their job. And they did that very well. They dove on top of him. They it was what led up to that. And then when they took him offstage, they've lost their way. And when you go to outside and you hire people and you bring people in because they're woke, they're politically correct. You pass over people that have military experience and that are in the Green Beret or Special Forces, and you pass over them to go get young people right out of college right that hey, And that's what they're doing. When you're protecting somebody like Donald Trump, the people around him should be pretty close to be in his height if that's your job. Not real short people. And I'm not knocking short gun. And when you put when you put your hand up over his head as your escortny mouth, that does not stop bullets. Uh, And it doesn't work. And the biggest breakdown the person they put back, the acting director. Hell, he was probably the guy that made all that happen.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He's the guy that ran it all. And listen, it's totally out of control, can't be fixed overnight. I worry about everybody they're protecting at this time, everybody, and they've hired all these young people and they've and they have a history, but they forgot the history when John Kennedy was assassinated from outside the jurisdiction and to this day, and this guy had a drone up he was on the roof. The police were trying to get up there and get him before he shot. And the Sea Service, whoever planned that at the top is the one they need. They need to gut the place. The people and that are down there protecting people. Could people work their butts off, but the people at the top, it's sort of like the people at the top in d C, the FBI, the CI, I did we even had a CIA? I don't know, Uh, they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: All these other times we have to go to the Israelis for out right, we don't have anything. Everything's been gutted, woked. And the only thing I know about woke is you know I woke up today, Well.
Speaker 1: You go woke, you get broken.
Speaker 2: One thing that offended me, Butler County, Pennsylvania, is not Butler County, Ohio. When I'm watching on Friday and Saturday, they've released the camera, the best cameras all of these deputies and they're they're angry at the Secret Service who told them they had the top of that building covered and they were in the inside of the building to back up. And then the Secret Service said, on Friday or Saturday, know, the Butler County was supposed to handle that. Butler County, pennsylvani and the two agencies are pointing fingers at each other. But I blame the Secret Service leadership and the lead detectives there in charge of the Secret Service, and I'm not making sure there was somebody on top of the building. And the Secret Service said, well, Butler County didn't want to go up there because it was too hot. It was like ninety four degrees. It was a flat roof. They didn't want to go up there. It was a tin roof. I'm sure it was hot. And the Butler County, the sheriff of Butler County said, that's a bunch of bs. We'll walk into a fire if that's our duty. And so they pointed the fingers of Butler County and saying it was too hot. It was a tin roof, it was ninety five degrees, and they said wait a minute. And so the two agencies are fighting with each other was as indicative of the lack of leadership of the Secret Service, which is said, when you break into a beauty salon and take over a beauty salon, tape up the cameras so agents and others can go to the bathroom, then you destroy parts of inside of the salon and then say you're sorry, that doesn't work. Sheriff, I can't imagine Butler County sheriff, so I break into a beauty salon and taking it over.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I know the Butler County Sheriff from Pennsylvania. I know him personally. I've known him for years. What a great guy and will believe me when he tells you something. He's telling you the truth. He gets hired and fired every four years. The people love him there in his county. But I do know him personally, great guy, not lying, not telling you anything. But when you look at the top leadership and the recruitment that they do and the Secret Service, we're in for a long haul. My friend and I worry about everybody they're protecting right now. And you can't fix it overnight. You cannot fix that overnight. And it starts at the top, starts with the president of the United States starts with the Kamala Harris the vice president. They appoint all these people, and this is what you get. Listen, Russia's watching China, I ran, They're all watching, and we look like fools, We look like weak but foons. And if this election doesn't go with Trump and Kamala Harris get in there and this other guy who's even worse than that as vice president, it'll be eight years, eight years. You won't be able to have any money. Hey, eight years right in a row. And if you're okay with where you are right now financially and getting a three or four percent raise and inflation is like ten percent, you're going down in the.
Speaker 1: Hole, both of these guys.
Speaker 3: That's what you're going to get. And we will not. The wars will be never ending. We won't have a road, we won't have any infrastructure.
Speaker 1: Everything.
Speaker 3: It's just I was down on the Ohio River yesterday and I was watching all the coal going down the river or up the river. But listen, you know where all that coal was going, China, because they build steel plants every week, they bring them on.
Speaker 1: We're fools.
Speaker 3: Then when Russia comes into the port right in Cuba and they thumb their nose at us. Whole world's on fire. France is on fire, Europe's on fire, Iran, Israel all on fire, and we're looking at electing Coachmala Harrison. I can't even hardly say it without throwing up in my mouth. Doesn't like the police, no, no, hey, doesn't like doesn't like anybody. And how she got to her position, We'll leave that alone and listen, she is an embarrassment to this country. She won't talk to the media, and she's going to do exactly what Biden done and won. Stay in the basement. And that's where she's going to stay. And remember he won that way, and she's going to use the same strategy.
Speaker 2: That's the template. Hopefully, hopefully American people figure it out. I don't know, because I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hey, hopefully Trump's people are running the GOP nationally. They got to get out early. They got to have an organization that has to be second to none, because these Democrats just prove what they can do. They ran Biden all yeah, putting back in the basement, and now they're looking at taking the Senate and taking the House. And if the Republicans don't get their acts together. It's their fault and we all get shafted in the end.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you know, sheriff.
Speaker 2: If you have a position of eliminating private health insurance, that's her position. If you believe in reparations based upon skin color, if you want to defund the police, if you want a wide open southern border that brings in twenty forty fifty sixty million illegals. And she said, the first thing we have to do is give them the right to vote legally. I'm sure they vote right now illegally to the tune of thousands of people. We can't recover from that. We can't recover from eight years. And if you go from twenty eight to twenty thirty two, that's approximately twenty four years. And you're going to have twenty of twenty four years of Barack Hussein Obama and Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz. The country can't survive. And the kids voting for her believe lies that she's going to forgive all the student life debt, which is illegal. And every time I turn around, all I see is chaos and confusion everywhere, and there's little or no leadership, and uh, you know, I often say we get the government we deserve, and that concerns me greatly. But Sheriff, we've got to go. We got the dates of next year's festival. There's a chance I may come next year and maybe do boots, scoot and willie with you, me a little bit of line dancing and up there with whoever they got up there.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a fabulous time, fabulous.
Speaker 3: And you and I will get on the stage and you wear your real tight shorts and I wear my boots in long pants, and we'll get up on the stage the ladies next year, next year, next year, when this event comes out there. To the Voice of America, it'll be bigger and better. I said, Tyler that runs that, the boss of it. He is one bad dude man. He can go anywhere in the country and put these on unbelievable and he is the best you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I'm telling it's like a flash country.
Speaker 2: So they coming. I like to go out there right now to see what it looks like. I bet it's cleaned up by Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Richard K.
Speaker 2: Jones, the Great American, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham show. May God bless you and God bless the deputies of Butler County.
Speaker 3: Thank you, my friend, Good luck.
Speaker 2: God bless America. Let's continue with more your comments. Next five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. It's the Reds against the State of Missouri all week on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: NO.
Speaker 2: The tennis tournaments get started. It's under way with Ted McKay as I speak. In about thirty minutes, John Barrett, I call him Ramsey's the third we'll be here to discuss what's happening at the tennis tournament to this week in Mason, the Cincinnati Open sponsored by Western Southern. We have that going on. Reds Baseball back in town. They play the State of Missouri, they play Saint Louis, then they play Kansas City. There's a heartbeat, it's faint, still alive, but they're still in last place. But nonetheless, it appears the Reds in the next week or two will be officially once again not making the playoffs or winning a playoff series. They have not won a playoff series for about thirty years, so hopefully it'll stop at some point in my lifetime or yours. But the tennis tournament the Voice of America. I got close to going, but there's too many people there and the music was pretty loud, I'm told. But nonetheless, Sheriff Frichard K. Jones was there, sent me some photos. A wonderful occasion. Every time I turn around in Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, there's something great going on. As I speak, it's wonderful and it's a great place to live. And school is starting this week, and of course the festivals you are concluding, Octoberfest coming in about three weeks.
Speaker 1: Red's in town.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow almost undefeated, untied, unscored on and I'm watching the ESPN this morning. He was picked by some as the best quarterback in the National Football League presently, a which is a great thing. That's good. So we'll see what happens with Joe Burrow. If he can stay healthy, good things will happen. If you can't stay healthy, then bad things going to happen. That's the nature of life. But nonetheless, great place to live is right here in Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, southeastern Indiana, with Hidden Valley Lake and all the glories there. My good friend Marty Wolf has a summer retreat in Hidden Valley, and Marty says it's the best place to live in the tri State. And I can't imagine a better place to live than Greater Cincinnati, northern Kentucky, and southeastern Indiana.
Speaker 1: It's wonderful. Secondly, I see with interest not to look into my.
Speaker 2: Left, that Harris says later this week she may unveil her economic recovery agenda. Now you would think we're not in an economic recovery time, but about seventy percent of the American people think these are not good times economically. And of course she's been in charge the past four years with Joe Biden, who did that interview with CBS Sunday morning in which he admitted Joe Biden admitted he was pushed out of the presidency by Democratic Party elites and specifically name dropped Nancy Pelosi and the first TV interview since the tetonic news last month. I can't imagine why this isn't a huge story. The President of the United States right now, as we speak, has the most difficult job in the world, as Hesbalah Hamas and Iran that the Democratic Party is largely funded, will attack Israel at some point unbelievably, Ukraine has now taken the fight inside Mother Russia, and for the first time since World War Two, a foreign power has invaded Russia with great success, with the goal of unseating Vladimir Putin as the premier of the old Soviet Union.
Speaker 1: Think about that.
Speaker 2: This would be as if Mexico, which of course many things have already happened, invade the southwest United States and took maybe Tucson or San Diego.
Speaker 1: Think about that.
Speaker 2: And at this point Putin is threatening to use nuclear weapons to blow Kiev Ukraine off the map. We have a president who's mentally dysfunctional and checked out while that's going on. So we got we have the only democracy in the Middle East about to be obliterated, some say by the policies of Joe Biden Kamala Harris by funding Iran, allowing them to sell two million barrels of oil a day, providing the money to pay for the rockets, the cruise missiles, and the missiles to be thrown at Israel. We have the Soviet Union slash Russia invaded and occupied by what they perceive as a foreign power, Ukraine. We have incredible challenges at home with unbelievable inflation continuing to rise, raised prices across the spectrum, and now on Sunday morning yesterday, this out of like a major story that the President of the United States was pushed out of office under the threat of the twenty fifth Amendment.
Speaker 1: Just move on.
Speaker 2: This is the guy I guess you voteed, not me in twenty twenty. We put him in office for four years. His mental decline has been obvious for a long time. Instead of imposing the twenty fifth Amendment, there's a mechanism to get rid of a dysfunctional president mentally or physically. The Democratic Party decide, decided to send Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Barack Hussein, Obama, and the King Jeffries into a more or less a secret meeting in the White House telling our president, your president, Joe Biden, you're done.
Speaker 1: And that's not a big story.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: In fact, looking left and right this morning and this afternoon, there's little or no coverage of the forcing out of the campaign Joe Biden because he's not mentally alert and he's still the president for the next five months?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: And the reason he's still the president is that Kamala Harris is so dysfunctional as a person that the Democrats don't want her to take the office until she's elected sometime in November. Of course, the rumors when I talk to my friends in Washington, the rumor is sometime after Labor Day. Guess what, sometime after Labor Day, Joe Biden's going to step down and appoint Kamala Harris as the president to sit behind the Resolute desk.
Speaker 1: In our history, other.
Speaker 2: Other than nineteen nineteen nineteen twenty, when another Democrat president, Woodrow Wilson had a stroke and couldn't function, there's never been a time when a political party pulled the plug on their candidate and you can't run. The last time the Republicans did it was in nineteen seventy four, when three lawmakes walked up the driveway of the White House and told Richard Nixon, you're done now. He had the choice of continuing, but he said no, okay, I'm done, and he left and Gerald Ford took over. That was a big deal for those alive at the time. That was a big deal. And it happened again about a month ago. About a month ago. Democrats, you know, the party caring about democracy, walked into the White House, had the powwow and said you're done, and the media simply nodded, thread Okay, he's done. Let's bring in Kamala Harris, who was so bad campaigning that she couldn't get one vote when she ran by herself in twenty twenty, could not get a vote zero and the Democratic primary she quit. And now the mission of the Democratic Party is to pump her up, to make her look like this second coming of a Hillary Clinton, the second coming of Madam Currey, the second coming of Margaret Thatcher, the second coming of a great leader. And we have to recognize that she's the next president, and God help us all. If we don't support her, we're sexist, racist or both. This should be a gigantic story. And the media seemingly doesn't care because by caring you would help Donald Trump, and the so called legacy media is one thousand percent behind the idea that Trump cannot win again. He must be stopped and put a puts in there, a schlep in Kamala Harris that will be easily manipulated by the forces around her, just as Joe Biden was easily manipulated by the forces around him, which are the judicial appointments, showing up every now and then to make a speech appointing the agency's heads that run the federal government. This is a huge story, but it's not covered by the mainstream media because it might help Donald Trump, because it would show chaos and confusion among the top ranks of the Democrat Party.
Speaker 1: We can't have that.
Speaker 2: And the party that calls hisself democratic could care less about democracy because the guy that got fourteen million votes in the primary was Joe Biden, and he admitted yesterday on CBS he was pushed out of the presidential race by Democratic Party elites, specifically Nancy Pelosi, with whom he's not discussed things for the last thirty days. They're done so and it happened, and we simply move on to the next story. Move on, moving on to the next story. Kamala Harris said two days ago that she does not want to tax tips for those Americans making tips as part of their income. Now, if you're an American who earns tips as a server, as a bar back, you're working on Montgomery in you make some tips, You're a lyft driver, you're an uber driver, you're a barber, you work in a salon, you probably don't have a whole bunch of money. Would you agree there are some. I don't think there's multi millionaires working as uber drivers or working as bar workers or bar backs or servers. I don't think there's too many. I don't think there's too many millionaires who own hair salons or barbershops where tips are given. There's a good chunk of our economic activity is derived from tips and those who work for tips to ensure promptness. Tips means that you're a working stuff. You're a middle class American and you're watching Nichols dimes quarters and you watch your dollars. So Kamala Harris said two days ago, it is time to stop collecting tax on tips. That's what she said. Kamala Harris, by the way, who said that about a month ago. That would be Donald Trump. She poached off Donald Trump the idea of not taxing those who make tips, and that this goes along with the promise, of course, which is routinely broken of Commonla Harris and Joe Biden not to have any more taxes on those making less than four hundred thousand dollars a year. I don't think too many lyft drivers or hair salon workers are making four hundred thousand dollars a year. Would you agree? In fact, I would say none. And so on one hand, Kamala Harris says that we're not going to tax money's earned from tips. But on the other hand, she says, in twenty twenty two, I have this story. On August the seventh, almost exactly two years ago, twenty twenty two, Kamala Harris, as the sitting Vice President of the United States, cast the tie breaking vote to pass the Inflection Inflation Reduction Act that provided eighty billion dollars for the IRS to hire eighty seven thousand IRS agents. She says, quote two years ago, I've proudly cast the tie breaking vote to pass our Inflation Reduction Act, which bothers had the opposite impact. When government calls something the Inflation Reduction Act, I can guarantee you it's going to increase inflation. That's why they can't call it the Inflation Rising Act as the Inflation Reduction Act, so to go back. After that was passed, in February of twenty twenty three, the IRS released a proposed revenue procedure called the Service Industry Tip Compliance Agreement Program. So the agency IRS said in February of twenty twenty three, we're going after those who make tips. So on one hand, Kamala Harris says, let's not tax tips. But on the other hand, in reality, she was the deciding vote that required the IRS to go after individuals who make tips. What's going on here, There'd be no reason they'd be issuing guidance to agents on how to crack down on tips other than to raise more money for the federal government. Ultimately, the goal is to go and grab as much revenue as possible from whoever they can. And this is from the group that told us, if you make less than four hundred thousand dollars a year your income, your taxes will not go up one red cent, when in reality it's gone up millions and millions and millions of dollars. The eighty seven thousand new IRS agents that were promised to only target the rich, they're coming after waitresses, bar backs, lyft drivers, and more because that's where the money is. Because you know, if you listen to me or Mike McConnell or Scott Sloan or the Rock that the top one percent pay forty percent of the taxes, the top five percent pay eighty percent of the taxes, and the top fifty percent a wag journers pay ninety nine percent of the taxes.
Speaker 1: So that group, shall we say, is maxed out.
Speaker 2: So the only way to get additional revenue to justify the new agents is to go after the rest of the American people making well less than four hundred thousand dollars a year. The IRS announced they're going to start tracking all of the tips that workers earn so they can tax them if it now appears that some of the resources will quite predictably be in the individuals earning a lot less money. So the Treasury Department the IRS announced in twenty twenty three it will overhaul existing programs that attract tips earned by service employees in order to enhance revenue. In other words, they're coming after you. How much media play did that get? Zero, zilch, nada because it didn't fit the media diet tribe?
Speaker 1: Did it?
Speaker 2: Because if you're in the tax if you're in the tipped industry, which about one quarter of all American workers are in the tip industry, and if you've noticed recently, every time you use your credit card. You're asked to leave tips, tips, and more tips. That is an IRS measure on a credit card so they can track the tips. They don't like a cash economy. The IRS likes you to put down on your credit card, give ten percent tipped. Then they have a record is to go after tipped employees like you who may be a barber, maybe a beauty salon person, an uber driver, work in a restaurant or some other tipped industry that they know how much tips you receive and you didn't report it, and they're coming after you.
Speaker 1: Can you smell when I'm cooking? So we're in trouble.
Speaker 2: And lastly, before I turn things over to the news into John Barrett of Western and Southern, there's an article written articles have been written about can Harris and Walls keep hiding who they are every day? They got to get up to say, look, we know we're socialist, democratic, socialist, tending toward communists. We know what we've done in the past. And both have been in office for decades. Kamala Harris is sixty years old, Walls is sixty years old. Together they're one hundred and twenty. They're older than Trump and dvance put together. So they get up every day to say, all right, not our policies are fundamentally unpopular. What we want to do and what we've done in Minnesota and San Francisco would not work in the entire country. In fact, our policies would be awfully, awfully unpopular. If we would say to Americans, we're going to increase your taxes, We're gonna have the irs crawl around your private life. We're going to increase the cost of gasoline. We're gonna get rid of all gasoline powered vehicles. We're not going to allow any more natural gas to be exported. We're gonna eliminate coal. We're going to require that individuals use things like solar panels and windmills to create electricity. None of that is popular. So they get up every day trying to hide who they are from you and trick you into believing they have middle class values when nothing could be farther from the truth. In fact, when you support Black Lives Matter riots, open up your windows and the Governor's mansion to hear the smell of burning towers that you call the aroma of freedom. That's Governor Waltz's wife and if you defund the police, then give money to bail funds, bond funds to get criminals out of jail, as Kamala Harris, did you have to keep that from you the American people? You rely upon a compliant media not to cover Democrats the way they cover Republicans the only way they get into office. So it's up to you and I, as devotetes have talk radio to know the truth and to preach it to others. On leus continue with more, so much more coming ahead. What a great week it's going to be, a lot of the schools are back in session, tennis tournament and Mason and high school football starts I think in Indianda this week, in Ohio and Kentucky the next week. And we have lots of good stuff going on despite government's availability to destroy our American way of life. Become informed and understand the facts. Does Donald Trump say a few peccadillos and personality things I don't like absolutely, but do his policies work?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Every day these two get up to think to themselves, how do we hide from the American people who we truly are? And do you buy the chuck and jive or do you want to or do you want the facts? Let's continue with more twelve fifty six Home of Your Reds playing a half an hour early first pitch at six forty on News Radio seven hundred wlw Oh, look, my.
Speaker 1: Stewart be by to I want to be your com in alf that I'm bad of the bone, bad of the bones, bad of the bone.
Speaker 2: Well, it all began during the presidency of William McKinley, a good friend of John Barrett's father. William McKinley was indirectly responsible for the eighteen ninety nine start of the professional tennis tournament here in Cincinnati and went on and on for decades. After decades, Paul all Floories played a significant part in upping it to where it is, and the lenders and the Barretts got involved. Now it's up in the stratosphere and beyond. John Barrett, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. Was your father there at the creation at Coney Allen of the eighteen ninety nine tennis tournament starting now in Mason?
Speaker 1: Was that the same Barrett's.
Speaker 6: He wasn't quite old enough. He was born fourteen years later.
Speaker 1: Well that's good, but maybe his father was involved.
Speaker 2: But can you talk about here we sit at the beginning of the tournament again about a year ago. Tony Bender tells me this thing was in doubt. In fact, it was gone, and I say that, don't bet against Barrett Linder, don't bet against David Young.
Speaker 1: Can you give us it a capsule why.
Speaker 2: This is going to continue at least for the next twenty five years when you and I are long dead and gone.
Speaker 6: I think the secret to it was Ben Navarro, Bob Moran and his guys took a very hard look at it and said, can we duplicate this in Charlotte were they probably wanted to take it. Initially they said no, we got such a good thing going here. Then, you know, we we did our best to make him feel how important it was in the Midwest, which it is. Whereas on the East Coast you've got a big one in New York, You've got all kinds of stuff going on further up the coast, and then you've got a big one in Washington, Atlanta, Miami. There's an awful lot of tennis on these coasts.
Speaker 1: And the tournament please go ahead.
Speaker 6: This tournament is special, especially in the Midwest.
Speaker 2: You know, David Young told me the fifteen hundred volunteers when they came there Ben Navarro and his guys and looked around and said, how long would it take us to duplicate this? And shock up absolutely explain that conversation.
Speaker 6: Well, the fifteen hundred volunteers, you know, they've been people. Some of those people have thirty and forty years in I mean I see him every year, and there's guys. There's guys I knew in high school and college who are still volunteering there and they love it, and it makes the tournament so special. You know, it's only a week. Next year, it's two weeks. We used to have two weeks. Remember we brought the women in the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the.
Speaker 6: Tournament the way it worked was back in two thousand and one. They had lost their funding and Paul Florey was looking for a home. We had the civil disturbances in April, and he came to see me in June. He said, John, I got to take it out of town. I can't get a sponsor. I've been to everybody, and you're my last deal. He was opening the Chikieta Bilding to look at our building. So he took a flyer. It's on a Friday. I said, well, our executive team meets on Monday, Paul, let me let me just talk it out. We as a group said we can't let this thing go. You'll never get it back. So we bought it. We didn't buy it, we bought. We took over the naming rights and put the big money up for the prizes. So that evolved a couple of years, and Paul used to always do a deal for the older guys because he loved the old retired tennis players, and many of them really appreciated the money. So we had a tournament before the tournament using those men. I prevailed upon Paul to let's go out and buy with our money, Let's go out and buy a women's tournament. And we bought the third level women's tournament and Lindsay Davenport won it the first year, and that was like two thousand and four. Then we bought more. We worked with this a group that owned a one tournament. We were in the third tournament bry so we were able to get them to throw in with us and move their tournament to our tournament. And originally it was the week before then we finally got him to be merged. It's one of the players favorite tournaments in the world.
Speaker 2: And so when Tony Bender and his entourage go out there either Tuesday night maybe denied or Wednesday Thursday, are they going to see significant differences now or is this significant difference is going to be next year.
Speaker 3: I'd say both both.
Speaker 6: The biggest construction differences will be next year. But they're going to see a basically a totally refurbished main stadium now. The next year we're going to have some more new tennis courts, the food court will be better expanded and nice, and then there's all kinds of entertainment places to sit down, have a nice dinner or cocktail of the friend, whatever, and just enjoy being out there. Lots of people go out there for the pageantry of being there. It's what's happening. People from every state, thirty seven countries.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal. It's fun, you know. An ancillary matter.
Speaker 2: Do you recall a conversation we had about nine years ago when Chuck Frederick, who ran the station at the time, we had had Toyota as the sponsor of the WBN fireworks for I don't know twenty thirty years and then Cincinnati Bell took over as a sponsor and they were bought by some Canadian company, Altar Fiber, which by the way, does a pretty good job on service. I've called him a couple of times, and Chuck Frederick and I came to you, sat in your office, and Chuck said, mister Barrett, we've lost our main sponsor for the EBN fireworks and it's a problem. And if it doesn't get sponsorship in the next couple of weeks, which is like six months in advance of the fireworks, that they're going to have to go away.
Speaker 1: Do you recall that conversation.
Speaker 6: I recall it well, Willie, because he also left me with some country band. I'm not licensed to sell the big firework, correct.
Speaker 2: We brought a bunch and you said, look, we cannot let the Evan fireworks die.
Speaker 1: This is too important.
Speaker 2: And you took it from where it was to where it is and now it's a bigger and better event that it's ever been. There's the Secret Service is involved, the Coast Guard has involved, Homeland Securities involved, several police departments is involved. And once that thing would stop, you can't restart it because you couldn't get it approved, And so what was your about both issues? We talk about Cincinnati being the biggest little city in America. You got the Bengals, got the Reds, got FC. We just went through the Voice of America Country concert. I saw some Channel five. I thought I saw you and your brother's up on stage rocking it out to the big Green Tractor. I'm not sure that was you or Fran or Bill or Mike. You were up there, and you were there, and it makes Cincinnati and you take all the festivals, take the taste, take German, the October fest, take all that together, and it's one hell of a place to live. And are you confident that in twenty five years that Fifth Third Bank in Western Southern and the Joseph Automotive Group and Proctor and God are still going to be in downtown Cincinnati caring about this town.
Speaker 6: I certainly hope so, and I believe that. I believe that, yes, And we're about to make a big investment in the Masonic Temple, which is across the street from US and also across the street from Procter and Gamble. And what I'd like to do is turn that into a world class entertainment center with a hotel and everything around it, and part of it so that people have you know, when we want to recruit people of Cincinnati, we want them to come here because there's so much to do. It's a great place, and it's commutable, you know what I mean. Yeah, it's really the perfect venue. It's beautiful, all this good stuff going for us. That building is absolutely unbelievable. Three hundred and forty thousand feet of entertainment space, a three and twenty person full church in it. I mean, it's got ballrooms on top of ballrooms, amphitheaters. I mean, I think they shot the gladiators there if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, Maximus, Yeah, it's just unbelievable, and.
Speaker 6: It's a facility that is dying to be renovated, and we're hoping that it all makes sense.
Speaker 2: Lastly, what is tennis and the fireworks and the MS run and all these other events. What is that to have to do with Western Southern You're selling annuities and stocks and you're selling insurance. What is how to have to do with your core business?
Speaker 6: We're also selling people to come work for us, and we require the best, the best out there now. I don't know if you saw this, Willy, but last week and the Fortune five hundred Western Southern was selected as the forty eighth best place for high school graduates. We're all ready the twenty ninth best company to work for for pay and promotion and whatnot. Of all the Fortune five hundred the only cincinety company in the top hundred, by the way. And what we've done is we've created an environment where people come here. If we can get you to visit us, we can get you to stay.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Well, you'll be at the tennis tournament. I know your ears are still ringing from the big green tractor of Jason Aldain and your brothers are really enjoying this Monday afternoon. But thanks again for coming on. You'll be out there and that's going to go all week. Is going to be cumbination on Sunday. Next year is going to get bigger and better. And John Barrett, thanks for being so involved and thanks for what you do for this community. I'm a small voice and you're out there, Willie.
Speaker 6: We're fortunate to live here and we're fortunate that Ben Navarro selected us, and I think you'll find he's going to be a very good steward for the next twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Lastly, in Naples, is going to be me and co Heep against you and Wally Sweeney. How would that look as a matchup? Is your golf game in better shape than it's been the last couple of years?
Speaker 6: It really isn't Billy, but I can drive the car. I thank.
Speaker 2: No one elbow that works, the other one not so much. John Barrett, good friend, Thank you very much for coming on and tell us what's going to happen this week out in the tennis tournament. And God bless you and God bless America. John, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Willie, You're the best.
Speaker 2: Thank all right, let's continue with more there it is from the grand Emperorsario controlling so many events. I call him the Ramsey's, the Third Ramsey's the Third as John Barrett and his family and they love country music, especially Mike Barrett, judge, Mike Barrett loves country music. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WULW. It used to be hit the Music. Sean McMahon of Elder High School Hit the Music. Gave up wrestling to come here and work for us. Sean McMahon of Elder High School. Hold his ice, willing to sacrifice your love. Some have said that Kamala Harris is a chameleon. I have some specific examples as to why she changes position based upon the audience as she's addressing without core principles. You may recall that she said two days ago, no tax on tips, that was offered by Donald Trump. She was in Las Vegas at the time speaking to a bunch of tipped employees and she said to them, no tax on tips. However, in reality, she signed into law the biggest tax increase on tipped employees in American history in twenty twenty two, called the largest tax increase in American history. The original idea, of course, was with Donald Trump. So on one hand, she says no tax on tips, but in twenty twenty two, she's signed in the law as the President of the Senate a law that taxed tips. And so how's that possible? Well, because she's fundamentally a fake person. Also, she runs as a tough, no nonsense prosecutor. She says, we need to lock up the criminals. However, on June first, twenty twenty, Kamala Harris ask your followers to quote chip in now to the Minnesota Freedom Fund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota for your freedoms. There were no protesters arrested. You don't get arrested for protesting. You get arrested for things such as murder, rape, robbery, arson, and burglary. There were thousands and thousands of crimes committed in Minneapolis, and those arrested were the worst of the worse. So what did Kamala Harris do organize a fund that finally totaled about thirty eight million dollars to free burglars, rapists, and robbers from prison. You might know that she said she is cracked down on marijuana use in San Francisco. In fact, to by twenty seventeen, she had prosecuted one thousand, nine hundred persons for marijuana possession. Yet she's running for the presidency Now. She says, quote I did smoke marijuana, and I think it gives a lot of people joy, and we need more joy quote unquote. So on one hand, she says she's a tough, no nonsense prosecutor. On the other hand, she admits smoking marijuana and that marijuana gives people quite a bit of joy and peace and relief. You can't have it both ways, Oh yes, you can. Unbelievable. It'll be up to you as a discerning American, as I'm sure nickly likens, is, to know fact from fishing fiction and reality from made up crap that has no relationship to your life. You can't have someone who's now been in office about thirty years, Kamala Harris, who is sixty years old, who's run with the policies of San Francisco in her heart. She ran to the left of San Francisco liberals to be elected city attorney, County attorney attorney general, kept running to the left of California politics. Now she knows those politics don't work very well around the rest of the country. In fact, they work terribly, so she has to change her position in order to get votes. That's called political opportunism. By the way, as I speak, there have been dozens of rockets fired from hesbla health territory in Lebanon, into Israel. We'll see what's going to happen there. And who funded the Iranian government, Well, that would be Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, the head of the snake is the Iranian government that gives money in arms to Hesbala Hamas, Boca Haram, also the Sunni tribes South and Yemen, and they use those moneies to kill Jews and kill Americans. So, on one hand, Kamala Harris says she's a great supporter of Israel. On the other hand, she provides money directly and indirectly to Iran. You can't have it both ways, or can she? Let's continue with more Bill cunning and the Great American Live at Home of the Reds. First pitch tonight six point forty on News Radio seven hundred, even.
Speaker 5: Medical leaves, and earlier this year, right here in Vegas, we celebrated your historic contract win. And it is my promise to everyone here when I am president, we will continue our fight.
Speaker 4: For working families of America, including to raise the minimum wage.
Speaker 5: And eliminate taxes on tips for service and hospitality workers.
Speaker 7: Hello, oh, hello, quiet, and I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: The next original idea she hands will be the first one. But uh segment.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to get excited about the middle class? Are you ready to get excited about paid family medical leave? Are you ready to get excited about no tax on tips. Are you ready to get excited for a bright new future? Are you ready for the green New Deal? Yay, yay sego? Are you ready to cheer?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ready? Well, what do we do now we're ready? What do we do? I don't know we do? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know I'm ready. I know I'm ready. This is the woman who's signed the notes.
Speaker 1: Already, as is what's going on over in the Middle East, because now they're moving a nuclear sub into that region. It's coming like gangbusters at nine thousand miles an hour from the Pacific Ocean. Where's the where's Joe Biden?
Speaker 2: I think he's still laying on a beach out in Delaware. His legs look like the color of lobster legs. Oh, I'm telling you now, we have a non functional executive branch. She's making all these promises. What the hell have they done the past four years?
Speaker 1: One might ask, thank you, yay, but what way?
Speaker 2: But then Israel is is uh by Lebanon, by Jordan throwing Syria, Syria is right there and everybody else, everybody else hates them, right, everyone's pointing guns in one direction, bingo against the jew right there?
Speaker 1: Now, what I want to know, is well the Temple of uh with the I was there. I mean, you know you Whaling wall, the Western Wall. I was there.
Speaker 2: I prayed there for you. Seg Man, thank you for your competency.
Speaker 1: Will he the stuot reporters of proud service, every local Thamestar heating at air conditioning dealers Thamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati, Coach Schmid Heating and Cooling five one three five three one sixty nine hundred. Give me some sports and make it fast. It'll be former Red Sonny Gray and Andrew abbat tonight, Willy As the Reds returned from that road trip going four and three, and they open a homestand tonight with the first of three up against the Saint Louis Cardinals. How about that On Barking the Park night good coverage begins five point forty Sports Talk, Ralph's American Grill, Inside Pitch, Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inting Show After the game. You know Sega wouldn't note the Reds have climbed out of last place, their percentage points aheaded the Pirates. Well, they got their first win win on a Sunday yesterday since June twenty second.
Speaker 2: They've gone awhile slightly in the last nine series with Milwaukee. Of those nine, how many of the Reds won zero and nine?
Speaker 1: And that's the guy. If you want to win the division, you got to beat them. And the Reds aren't got to beat the Cardinals. Well, you got to beat everybody, got to beat the Cubs, Bengals up. They brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town twelve in the convenient northern Kentucky locations in the largest bourbon selection in the tri State.
Speaker 2: You're like good Spirits and Party Town. Did you hear Richard K. Jones afternoon today talking about the Voice of America?
Speaker 1: He told me he was. He was like he was bigger than country music stars out there.
Speaker 2: The sheriff people wanted photographs with him and Bricks, not with Jason Aldeen.
Speaker 1: They wanted to you know, did you make I guess you didn't say that anything about his supposed uh Sheriff Jones with Kamala Harris at Kamala Harris. Have you you didn't You didn't dare say that to him? Did you? I told him? You told me, Yeah, right, I'm Richard, You're going to get Kamala Harris. He's gonna come down one day with a couple of tanks and he's going to extradite you to Butler County.
Speaker 2: Well, if that happens, I'm in great shape because the men and women in gold and black love me in Butler County, and the sheriff.
Speaker 1: The sheriff won't.
Speaker 2: I gave it all to you. I said, you're the one saying Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Richard K. Jones for Harris? Thanks of course? How popular under the bus? How popular would that be in Butler County? Not very? Not real? Now?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: Alicia Reese was here today too. You know she was asking for me. It looks like I think she was hunting around to buy the joint Royalton County, to buy the Bay have it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love Alisia Reese because whoa I bowed down. Alicia Reese loves the nightlife. Alisia Reese loves the boogie because of Alisha Bridges. She's related and her mother was a great soul singer. But James Brown, is that right?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did not know another barbera and Bootsie Collins was that right? With the with the god Foss. She ran around with the royalty.
Speaker 2: That's why there's a walk Fame right now because Barbara Reese and her connection with Alicia and Steve.
Speaker 1: They got it done.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Bengals are on the field in about a half hour. They're getting ready for preseason game two Saturday afternoon at one o'clock in Chicago against those Bears. Now, the Bengals will leave Wednesday, fly to Chicago and then joint practices with the Bears. Usually what that means is fights fights. Well, it pretty good. There was one NFL team, I forget who it was that canceled joint practices this week. They don't have enough players. What the NFL team doesn't have enough healthy players to even hold a joint practice why, I don't know. Go to the XFL, but no one kid from the XFL. He's here.
Speaker 2: By the way, he was molested in the end zone. The Bengals should have won that game, that's true.
Speaker 1: You're right. Cincinnati opened is underway with Ted McKay and Mason one hundred and sixteen players that competed in the pair of Olympics or in town for the action. So go out and see John Barrett. He sign autographs out there.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm told there's going to be a congo line led by John Barrett on the conclusion activities on Sunday afternoon. A congo line cucka Racha l cuckar racha going to be John Barrett, going to be Mike Barrett, going to be Fran Barrett, and Bill Barrett and Sean Donovan are doing a congo line around Center Court.
Speaker 1: Now wouldn't that be something? Are they inviting the fans or just them? Just them?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, And they've invited me to join them. And I'm giving it some thought. Should I join the congo?
Speaker 1: Speaking to go in some places? Speaking and Sheriffs Jones popularity at VOA? Did you attend and go see your good friend with the what is it? The Big Green Tractor song? Jason all Dean. I'll say this. I got close to going, but then I got a report. I you got what you got off? I seventy five at Tyler's Villain and went the other way. I didn't leave my compound, but I was ready to go. Okay.
Speaker 2: I got a report that the music was loud, yeah, and that lots of people were there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Bought a boon bought a bang, bought a bang. So that was I got close. That was Friday, okay, about five o'clock. Okay.
Speaker 2: I had one of my sources, Butler County Sheriffs and also Westchester PD, that the bands are playing loud.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, and there's lots of people. I thought I heard him at my house.
Speaker 2: I think I said, Okay, I'm sorry, I'm not one of these years I'm going to make an appearance.
Speaker 1: I can't say when helicopter in there or something.
Speaker 2: I was a million dollar RVs and back of Jason Aldeene et cetera were unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That's what I heard.
Speaker 2: But pictures were taken photos, and uh, Richard K. Jones was a maven of glory. I almost went. I got close.
Speaker 1: Almost, Okay. Round to sixteen tomorrow night in the League's Cup in soccer, Willie FC Cincinnati hosting Philadelphia Union. Of course, the Olympics are all over America topped the medal count with one hundred and twenty six. Congratulations to all the winners in the Tri State. What about Rose the next winter she got the gold and women's soccer, let's get her in here. Why your wife's ahead? Of Mountain Dame will work on that. I got her number. Do I have to do everything around here?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wait two or three days to see if Rose Titanics Rose wants to come in bring that medal.
Speaker 1: I want to put that medal on. Would you like to see that? Yes, I've seen a lot of them over the years. I don't think I've ever seen a golden medal. Next summer, the next Summer Games fourteen and thirty three days away from Snoop Dogg in La? Can I say? I couldn't care less? With no cars?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: How's that going to happen? Say that again? The mayor said it's going to be a public a public transportation event. Now how are they going to do that? No cars in La? No cars going to the venues? What no car said? I don't know. Maybe I'll believe it when I see it. The Winner Games in twenty twenty six will be hosted by Milan and Cortina Italy. You're going to that? I don't know. All depends on if Coca Cola wants to send us. If somebody pays, we go, I fly. If they don't pay. Twenty twenty eight Baseball and softball will be added. You know what that means? What baseball and softball added to the twenty twenty eight summer games. Bryce Harper, Aaron Judge, La Da La Cruz. I don't think so well and it's going to do well? Done? Stop it? Everybody else did? WNBA does? Cricket? Is in cricket?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh? Flag football? And you know who wants to play? Joe Burrow go lacrosse in Marymont big and lacrosse, yes, Marymont the Warriors. And then what are your favorite sports? Squash? Squash?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. The most ridiculous is breakdancing. Someone got a gold medal from Korea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, B boy victor of the US got a bronze. B boy victor? Who B boy victor? A boy or a girl? Do we know that's a guy? I guess I don't know. You got a better check. The Dogs, the Georgia Bulldogs. Will you are the number one team in the AP Top twenty five preseason college football poll for a second year in a row Ohio State b Ohio State is second. How much money do they pay for that team? Oregon, Texas, Alabama round out the top five. Notre Dame The Home of the Rock is seventh. Michigan the home of Tom Weedman.
Speaker 2: They cheat ninth eight, they scout the wrong way segment. In fact, Jim Harball cannot come back to college football. Oh, I bet you he's heartbroken for four year. I bet you he's heartbroke, living in an RV on a beach and making twenty five million dollars a year in the NFL. Can't wait, I bet I bet you he is did yearning to come back to a can't wellage campus and going into somebody, some seventeen year old kid's house, going hey, I want you to play football at Michigan.
Speaker 1: Go to Penn State and see what happens. Thank you.
Speaker 2: How about the Oregon Ducks are in the Big Ten? Yeah, and then you got in the ACC. Stamford and California are in the ACC.
Speaker 1: I hope a lot of these teams have oh thank you, thank you, thank you, LAP, thank you LAP. And I think that some of these teams better have some airline sponsorships going.
Speaker 2: This is all about student athletes segment. I dare you to consider anything other than their scholastic experts on these things. They're gonna fly all over Hell's half acre in pursuit of the almighty dollar into hell with academics.
Speaker 1: So you know the players are getting paid, now, won't they pay for their pay for a plane? And it doesn't work that way now, No, the players are making a boatload, thank you. The new quarterback for Ohio State allegedly two point five million dollars. He's driving around in Lamborghini and uh with Louis Vatan person. Probably he probably parks right next to the new athletic director.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know, remembery, if you got like a tattoo, you were banned for life. Well, Jim Trussell was buying Hamburgers and got nailed, banned right buying qpie Burgers. Yeah, Qpie Burgers are great. But all of a sudden, now you get two to three million dollars.
Speaker 1: It's no big deal, no big deal anymore? Willie, how the world has changed? You're telling me, I don't think it's changed for the better. You think it is. I don't think getting. I don't think it is. I might be wrong. Got missiles pointed at everybody. Ukraine has invaded to Russia. Was the last time that happened in nineteen forty five with the Germany and it.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if somebody had told you a year ago, yeah, that a foreign power, an army would Russia and kill Russian peasants and soldiers in Russia, you would have thought.
Speaker 1: They're out of their mind. And Vladimir Putin will go nuts. Thank you. Guess what play you don't have anybody, he doesn't have anybody left.
Speaker 2: They've killed five hundred thousand Russian soldiers, five hundred thousands. Their people know that. No, thank you. They have no idea what's going on? Right, But Russia has been invaded. Ukraine is kicking ass in Russia. And you got the Jews being attacked by Hesbla Hamas, Boca Haram, the two D's and the Hoodies and Iran. The world's on fire, and we got Joe Biden and Kamala Harris pointing fingers at Donald Trump and blaming him. You can't make this crap up, that's for sure, seg Man. Without an informed electorate, we're in trouble. But we got to get going. Sean McMahon, My producers got to get to raw tonight.
Speaker 1: That's true. I think they're in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: The Tulsa king have you seen that stupid new series. Now I have not been alone about eighty five. That is stupid. Supposed to be a rough guy in Tulsa, I got Rambo and Tulsa the home of Andy Furman. I might addit Oral Roberts University. That's right, that's Andy Ferman. That's right, Oral Roberts, the Healers. That's correct. Fide segment. Get me out of the student's report, Willie.
Speaker 1: On this Monday, Gloria, August the twelfth, twenty twenty four, on World Elephant Day, Eh Elephant Day. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stude Report.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump, on the other hand, has been talking a big game about.
Speaker 1: Securing our reporder. But he does not walk the walk, or, as.
Speaker 5: My friend Twavo would say, he does not look it.
Speaker 1: Like he talks.
Speaker 2: Yay, he doesn't walk it like he who's in charge of the Southern border.
Speaker 1: She is is they're walking over like it's nothing. They're walking over it's Fifth Street downtown. She's blaming Trump for the Southern border. And to people, yeay he put the wall up way yay. Let them all in my bowls in and uproar segment.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your continued involvement, Yes, sir, and will we be here in twenty twenty eight, Yes we will, yep, we will right here?
Speaker 1: Is that a question or a comment? Both? Let's continue with more.
Speaker 2: Bill cunning into Great American Lave at Drum of the Reds first pitch to night six forty against the Cardinaleys on News Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunning in the Great American Great You every with me? I read a column here to my right and the inquiry written by Jason Williams about the non starting idea. It's just not going to work. The Bengals moved to the suburbs, and I thought, I talked to the powers that be, including David Young of Warren County, by what it would take for the Bengals to move to the suburbs and build a huge new edifice for Joe Burrow and have that ready to go in about five years. Then I talked to a certain government officials, high level government officials in the state of Ohio, and they say, whatever we do, whatever we give to the Cleveland Browns, we got to give to the Cincinnati Bengals. Now, the one example being used is the one in New York with the Buffalo Bills, and the Buffalo Bills are putting up about a billion dollars of their own money to redo and brand new Bill Stadium in the state of New York has one NFL team, which is the Buffalo Bills. As you may know, the Giants and the Jets are in the Meadowlands in New Jersey, which, by the way, is a dump.
Speaker 1: I've been there. It's a dump.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, you can't build something out large anywhere in or around New York City just simply wouldn't work. And so in that case, State of New York, which is a much larger state with more problems, but anyway, they put up over a billion dollars of their own money. So when I think about, okay, Mike Brown is about ninety years old, shall I say he's in the December of his years, and the odds of Mike Brown reaching in his own pocket and pulling out one or two billion dollars to build a Bengal Stadium in Warren County with the help and the assistance of Warren County. Maybe the city of Mason and the state of Ohio is almost non existent. Jimmy Haslin that owns the Browns also owns the Milwaukee Bucks and other sports franchises. According to Forbes, I don't know if that's right or not, is worth about nine billion dollars, and Mike Brown and the family is worth about three billion dollars. If they would decide, you know, it's time to sell the Bengals to other entities, the asking price is about three billion dollars or more. That's the cost of poker. And so unlike other owners like Jerry Jones that have money on side business, the Browns family only have the Bengals mainly, which is a three billion dollar entity. So if they would say, okay, we're done negotiating with Alisia Reese and we don't like that, and we're going to go to the suburbs and strike a deal, it would take months or years to strike the deal because the state of Ohio is penny pinching right now. They ought about a five billion dollar surplus, but there is a thought that a recessionary time is on the way with Ted McKay and things aren't going.
Speaker 1: To be good.
Speaker 2: So the state of Ohio and his capital budget just hand out a bunch of money to pat projects. They don't have that kind of money. The City of Mason put up fifteen million dollars for the tennis tournament. That was like pulling teeth for the city of Mason. Fifteen million dollars is a boatload of dough. They have a great female mayor in Mason, and let's face it, they're not going to put up serious money. Warren County was able to help to the tune of a fifty million dollars over the next ten years to assist for the tennis tournament, beemck Capital, et cetera to stay here, and that was great. However, they don't have this kind of a scale. The scale would be billions or hundreds of millions of dollars, and Warren County is a great county, but by scale, this project would be too large for them to build a Bengal stadium there. The City of Mason would say, hey, we're tapped out, and the state of Ohio would say, you know what will help a little bit to the tune of maybe one hundred and fifty or two hundred million for infrastructure over five years, But that doesn't get it done. The Ralph Wilson family put up about a billion dollars of their own money and then looking down the road, they have a golden goose. I think Jimmy Haslam moving about twenty five miles south of Cleveland into two hundred acres. He envisions large apartment buildings like a bank's type project right there, twenty five miles south, right off the interstate. He envisions condo He envisions strip malls. He envisions an economic development engine for twenty five miles south of Cleveland. I don't know about you, but I've been in Cleveland later at night, and you could throw a bowling ball through downtown Cleveland not hit a pin unless something's going on. And so there's nowhere to grow in downtown Cleveland. The only place to grow is south in the Haslam family is thinking about a golden goose of apartment buildings, condo projects, strip malls, et cetera. And they see this as a twenty year project that will pay off huge in the future because the Browns aren't leaving Cleveland area. And the NFL would say okay to that, because that's the model, the MLS model. Major League Soccer is still locate in downtown areas, but now the model of the NFL, like with the Kansas City chiefs. They are having problems in Kansas City and they're looking maybe to move their stadium in their operation and get paid to move. And the model that's the model, is to move out of downtown areas where the fans are. I would think most of Bengals fans are north of two seventy five in Hamilton County as opposed to south. If you take the northern suburbs of Hamilton County between there and maybe to the Dayton area, that's where the Bengals fans are.
Speaker 1: They would love.
Speaker 2: In fact, I may put a call in ad Jason Williams of the Inquiry to talk about this, to say how much they would love to be able not to go to downtown Cincinnati, but rather to go into Warren County or Butler County or Claremont County. And the only county that could do it actually would be Warren County because of their cost structure and to put up that kind of money that they need billions of dollars. The cost of poker is between two and three billion dollars to build a brand new NFL stadium that might be used what ten times a year, and then it's got to be used elsewhere for various things, but not really Paul Brown slash a core stadium. We'll host every now and then a country concert, or every now and then might host Taylor Swift, But you can't rely upon that. It's used essentially for a facility that's costing billions of dollars, maybe ten to twelve fifty, say less than twenty times a year, certainly, and the music festival's a big head. Take twenty times a year, twenty days they're busy out of three hundred and sixty five. So it's a problem. So I'm gonna put a call into Jason Williams later on this afternoon to see if he can fill in some of the blanks of his column in the inquir Could the Bengals mood to the suburbs? The answer is, well, anything is possible. But will the Mike Brown Blackburn family put up out of their own pockets one to one and a half billion dollars to do it when that's their only business? And I think the conclusion of Jason Williams is no, they can't do it. But we're going to put a call in him in about a half an hour half an hour or so to see what's going on. And now secondly, and once again, the existence and the prevalence and the presence of Israel has raised its ugly head. As I speak now at two seventeen PM, there's dozens of rockets being fired from Lebanon into the northern parts of Israel. And if you think about, there's a river about fifty miles from the border, which was the dividing point between allowing Hesbelah into that area. This is north of Israel into Lebanon, and that's been breached. And right now there's a free fire zone happening between Hesbelah and south of Beirut, Lebanon and northern Israel, which is a very very small area. There's about one hundred thousand Jews and others who lived and live in northern Israel and they've been moved out south because of the fear of more death. And every day of every week of every month, there's either a rocket, artillery, shit or some terrorist act committed against Israeli people inside Israel. And right now it's getting worse. Why is it getting worse? What's happening now to change everything? It's pretty obvious what happened when Trump left office in in January of twenty twenty, the Iranian government was on its back, it was in trouble. There were protests. You might remember there was a civil rights activist in Tehran who was kidnapped by the police, tortured and killed, having been raped repeatedly because she did not wear her burka, she didn't wear her face mask. And so this woman and then that erupted. Thousands and thousands of citizens protested against the Iranian government. So all of a sudden, Joe Biden slash Kamala Harris takeover. And at that point Donald Trump would not deal with countries who dealt with Iran. And if you bought oil from Iran, we would not participate with you democratically or a capitalist glee economically. In anything you did, you put out the bat signal. You deal with Iran or you deal with America. Choose, but choose wisely. And the world chose to deal with the United States of America and not with Iran. Well, much like Barack Hussein Obama did. In twenty oh nine to twenty ten, the presidency of Joe Biden controlled completely by Barack Husain Obama completely decided to go to the opposite route. They decided to say, you know what, we want Iran to become a functioning part of our of our great world of ours, and we want Iran to do what's right. And so they got rid of all the sanctions and the last month of Trump administration, there were about two hundred thousand barrels of oil a day coming out of three oil terminals in Iran to certain parts of the world. Two hundred thousand a day. Now it's north of two million a day. And that is funding. That is given the money to the Iranian government to fund terrorism all around the world.
Speaker 1: We funded it.
Speaker 2: There were billions of dollars kept by Donald Trump in moneies due to Iran until they changed their position on human rights. Those moneies eight billion dollars was released by Joe Biden Kamala Harris back to Iran and they started working with Iran to curtail their nuclear program. Most smart individuals now say that Iran has nuclear capability and when if push comes to shove, they would set off nuclear devices all over Israel and kill Jews whoever they might be located between America and Israel. That consists of about seventy five percent of all the Jews in the whole world, and they're committed to the death and killing of Jews and Americans, Christians wherever they can be located. There's been over two hundred thousand separate terrorist acts committed by Islamic terrorists since nineteen seventy two, two hundred thousand, killing millions and millions of people. Afghan girls are now lost, along with a lot of the other parts of the Shia world. So right now as I sit here, there's rockets being fired in the northern Israel. And as soon as there's an opportunity for Hamas and Hasbalah and Boka Haram and the Tutis and the Hoodies and all the rest to kill Jews wherever they might be located, they're going to do it. And it's all funded by the United States government because in twenty twenty, Iran did not have the ability to do any of that. We didn't vote for any of this. We voted to support Israel wherever we can. It's the only functioning democracy in the Middle East. And so now Kamala Harris, according to the polls, is likely to become the next president. I have a hard time saying that this is the most incompetent person ever to hold the office. And if she wins, she will then say, you know what, what I've been saying and doing is what the American people want, and she will perceive this as to support Iran even more, to bring down the Israeli government, and not to assist the Jews to defend themselves. Israel right now is on its back. Three areas of commerce that they have to support the Israeli economy, and the Israeli economy right now is near collapse. They got their money from tourism. How much tourism is right now going on in Israel? Do you think the answer is zero? Zilch nada, It doesn't happen. Number two agricultural products. They were the bread basket for much of what's going on in most of the Middle East. They had the ability to send all over the world. There are produce out of the Middle East because they had a functioning economy that took care of, shall we say, the agricultural needs of the Middle East. Now they're exporting nothing and they're keeping that food for their own usage. And thirdly, was high tech. It was amazing. When I visited Israel last May, we did tours of these huge tech facilities. And by the way, militarily, the Israeli Army is more advanced than the American army. The Israeli Air Force is more advanced than the American Air Force. They take the best of America technologically and they make it better. But without an economy to support Israel. Eventually, they're going to bleed Israel dry, which is their goal. If they can't confront Israel directly, let's kill them indirectly by having them in a perpetual state of war, to bleed the country to dry, to kill innocent Jews as much as possible in a slower basis, and over the next five years, destroy Israel from within, especially if we can elect Kamala Harris and Tim Wallas to the presidency and vice presidency. That means Iran will be fully funded. That means Iran will continue to trade oil. That means Iran will be protected by Kamala Harris to the destruction of Israel. That's what the plan is is to kill them over a period of time. All let's continue with more got the news coming up in Stute report. Also later on Rocky Boyman. Also later on before three o'clock Jason Williams on his column as to why the Bengals don't have an option to move to Orange County, or Rob Sanders tells me what about the Covington Bengals. Does Kenton County have the strength to put up one or two billion dollars to build a Bengals stadium brand new somewhere in the southern part of Kenton County? And for those who have been around the Independence, Kentucky area, it is beautiful and there's lots of land, but it tends to be a bit hilly, and that's a problem. We'll see what happens ultimately between you and I. We get the government we deserve. I know that peccadillos and the personality of Donald Trump is not acceptable, especially to women, but damn it, his policies work, and the policies of Joe Biden have not worked. And the person equally responsible for the fai failure of those policies is Kamala Harris. So don't vote for her because she's a woman or because she perceives herself as being black. Point toward horror and vote for her if her policies have worked. They didn't work in San Francisco. They didn't work in the state of California, and there's sure is hell not working for the United States of America. So let's continue two twenty five Home of your Reds. First pitch tonight, as you may know, is six point forty. It's back to an earlier start because school is back in session later this week and next to twenty five Home of your Reds. News Radio seven hundred WLW for breakfast.
Speaker 5: Don't hear no. Always believe in what can be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 7: Oh hello, quiet, I'm Scots, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Always believe what can be segment unburned from what has been. Okay, you got that, Yeah, write that down somewhere over there.
Speaker 1: Will heave the ISTUOT reporters a pro service of your local Tamestar Heating and their conditioning dealers. Tamestar Quality Condfeel in Cincinnati called Sheldon Braun at bron Heating at five one, three, three, eight, five seventy seven sixty five. Sports Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town, twelve convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. The largest bourbon selection in the tri State of Good Spirits and Party Town. Bengals offensive tackle Amarius Mims don't tell me he's hurt. Sustained a strained peck. What he will miss several weeks of action? Hurt against Tampa Bay. No surgery is needed. According to the team.
Speaker 2: This is a big guy from Georgia. Correct, he plays a little bit and he's hurt. Yeah, and they played for the Reds.
Speaker 1: Ouch the Bengals preseason game two in the windy city of Chicago, the home of the Democratic National Convention. This sat can't wait. Let's see college football Georgia. The Dogs are number one in the AP Top twenty five preseason poll for a second year row. What about Memmes He's heart. Ohio State is second, Oregon, Texas, Alabama round out the top five, Notre Dame seventh, Michigan ninth. They cheat Cincinnati openers underway with Ted McKay and Mason the home of John Barrett, and let's see the top seeds will be in action on Wednesday. What about Alcatraz he's here. Former Red Sonny Gray and Andrew Abbott go out of tonight game one of three against the Cowntha Cardinals. Airtime five forty Sports Talk and the Ralph's American Grill Inside Pitch and then Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning show after the game. So is that it in sports? And then also Willie a Round sixteen of the League's Cup at TQL Stadium tomorrow night. FC Cincinnati and the Philadelphia Union. What is that the league? What's what kind of cup? Is that League's Cup? What's that? Because well, they play different teams from other leagues, like FC's played these teams from the Mexican League, while these other teams are mixed in with the nation leagues.
Speaker 2: Right, say, give me out of the student's report. We have Jason Williams standing by on the Bengals moving to Warren County.
Speaker 1: Willie and Hotter, of a beautiful day here in the Tri State. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge report.
Speaker 2: Burrow in the gun, Chase Brown lines up off his left hip, second and goal from the ten yard line. T Higgins motions from right to left and lines up wide to the left.
Speaker 1: Burrow throws for Higgins, catches up the five, makes a man miss and runs into the end zone. Touchdown. Bengals Has T.
Speaker 2: Higgins eluded Josh Hayes had scored the ten yard TD Will it be the Mason Bengals.
Speaker 1: I think they'll change our color to green.
Speaker 2: How about the Covington Rob Sanders says, the Covington BEng What on seven hundred WLW Billy Cunningham, the Great America and one of the great columnists of the in car courses, Jason Williams. And this arose because of what's happening in Cleveland with the owner of the Browns moving the team about twenty five miles away south into the suburbs and seemingly putting up money, seemingly getting some sort of tax benefit from the locals, seemingly getting money from the state of Ohio. So the issue rose with David Young and Warren County. Would it makes sense for the Bengals to move somewhere around the tennis complex kings Allan and Warren County, which, by the way, is probably closer to the Bengal fans than on the riverfront, And what's involved in that? Jason Williams, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Jason, what do you see in your column? You point out some of the pitfalls that all the NFL owners are not credit equally and why is it unlikely the Bengals would move anywhere except where they are right now?
Speaker 8: Well, grabbing me back, I just you know, when you look at the price tag on building a new stadium really anywhere, uh, these things start at you know, nearly two billion dollars US certainly well over a billion dollars. And when you really dig down and you think about you look across the NFL, well, most of the owners of the NFL are billionaires. You know, the Brown Blackburn family are well they're certainly not on the Forbes list of billionaires. But when you really dig down in that well, most of those other owners have other businesses they've made their their money and other other ventures. And in addition to the NFL team, well, you know the Brown family, football is their business and I'm not I'm not, you know, it's their money whatever. Like, But when you really start to think about the cost of building a stadium, uh, you're you know, you're gonna there's a lot on ownership. There's a lot on ownership. NFL side to play up kind of the trend right now is to you know, really put up really nearly half the money. That's what kind of is the trend in other places where they're building or even doing massive overhauls of stadiums, and just that alone, it seems like it would be very, very difficult to go build a new stadium somewhere when you think of the finances and you think of not just from the ownership, but also from the taxpayers. And I pointed out of my column the Buffalo Bills example, but you know that they did make a deal with basically it's really actually state taxpayers at are bearing a greater cost than anyone else. But here you're not going to get that kind of money from from the state taxpayer just because this is a you know, the Buffalo Bills are unique, and believe it or not, and I know people would think like, look New York City, but they are actually the only team based in New York the state of New York or the other two teams in New York City are actually playing New Jersey. And so when you when you kind of factor those things in, you look at Jimmy Haslam in Cleveland, Well he made all of his money and truck stops and gas stations, flying Jay and pilot, yeah, pilot, flying j And you know he's got. He owns the Milwaukee Bucks, he owns the Columbus Crew, he owns obviously the Cleveland Browns. So uh, you know, for him to him and his wife Dee to say they're going to put up well, I don't have it in front of me now, was one point two billion dollars to help build this stadium. You can kind of understand that he's worth eight billion dollars according to Forbes, and so you can it just again, common sense kind of kicks in and generally, okay, well, yeah, you get it, and that's probably to build a stadium like that is what it's going to take from the private sector side, whether that's ownership and their partners ownership plus the NFL really all that's all one in the same when you think about these things. The NFL has a loan program, but you know, when you talk about who's going to put the money in, you say ownership in NFL. Really that's kind of basically one big entity here, that's the football side of things.
Speaker 2: And you know, Jason this morning Atlisha Reese was here doing a state visit and for Mike Brown, if the real cost and I talked to the powers that be in Warren County, and it was pulling teeth to get fifteen million dollars out of the city of Mason to assist with the referbris. Fifteen million is not even to drop in the bucket. And Warren County is a great place to live, but they don't have an extra billion dollars sitting around.
Speaker 1: It would have to come from the state.
Speaker 2: And so when I talked to Mike Dwine and Huffman and those guys, they're talking in the range of one hundred million, maybe one hundred and fifty million. That's again dropping the bucket. And so with Jimmy Haslim, he can look forward, goes go twenty five miles south. We're going to own all the land. I'm gonna build the apartment buildings. I'm gonna become the landlord. I want to have least hold improvements to up.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do all the parking. We're gonna do all the strip malls. I'm going to have this grike any complex all at Jerry Jones and Jerry's World. That's not the way Mike Brown thinks. The guy's almost ninety years old and all of his net worth, which is maybe three billion dollars, think about three billion dollars. It's all tied up in one entity. And if that goes sound right, Mike Brown at the age of ninety is not going to say let's roll the dice.
Speaker 8: Not gonna happen, no, right, And you're exactly right when you talk about because part of the you know, the Haslm family, part of their idea is that they're going to reimburse them. So are they're going to make money back by all the development around that? You know, the Bengals just they aren't in they aren't in that business. They aren't in the business of you know, non football business. And so when you factor all that in, then you brought up the point there about Warren County and it was pulling teeth to get the money. And thank god they kept the tennis tournament, which is awesome and they young can't can't get him enough credit for what he's done there. But when you start to look at the tax base and the you know, smaller population and so okay, you can think, oh, half sent sales tax, well, that's not going to generate anywhere near what it generates in Hamilton County because you know, they don't have the businesses in Warren County. Certainly it's a it's a great place to live. They do have great vibrant business community. It's just not big enough. And then you start to factor in all the things that you come to in Hamilton County for entertainment, you know, the music Hall, the museum center, and you know every time you buy something there or you know, you're paying the sales tax and so that's going into the caffers to help pay for maintenance and overhaul of pay Corpse Stadium. You're not going to have that in Warren County. And again it's just it's just about the population and even the everyday population of going to Kroger or how many people in Hamilton County are going to Kroger every day versus how many people in Warren County, Well, a lot more because just there's more popular here. And so when you do that math, and again, like I didn't dig down into the nitty gritty of it, because you know, it's just an idea, but you can tell on the surface like it's just the math doesn't add up. And then you're exactly right. You said about the state the state money, Well that would be a capital budget money like what they've given. You know, they give a one off check basically out of the capital budget every two years all these pet projects, and certainly the Bengals will get some on that onto over overhaul, pay course stadiums, the TQUL Stadium got, you know, got a one off capital budget money. You know, but you're looking you're right, you're looking at one hundred million dollars fifty million, one hundred and fifty million maybe max versus. What wasn't in the taxpayer money in Buffalo was what eight hundred and fifty million I think between local and state and six hundred million alone just from the state. That's not going to happen here.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a dose of reality. The columns at Cincinnati dot Com. Jason Williams, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Will continue to hack this around. They're going to be here for a long time. I think they're going to be here for the duration. Something will be worked out, I think so.
Speaker 1: Jason.
Speaker 2: You're a great American and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 1: Jason, thank you, thank you, my friend. Thank you. Let's continue with Lore News next.
Speaker 2: And by the way, first pitch nine is six forty with the Reds and the Cards, and our coverage begins at five forty. News is next at your home of the Reds. News Radio seven hundred WLW