Speaker 1: It's nice Eyes with Dan Ray Unknown Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone. Excuse me, still dealing with this cough. I hope any of you that have had the same problem that I have has been able to shake this call this cold a little bit more easily or more quickly than I have. But I am a soldiering on here as we move into the twentieth hour of an interesting week here on Nightside. We have had I think some really good guests this week, and I just want to touch upon some of them as as we go through the week. We talked earlier this week about food that will bring you more happiness. We talk about Gerrod Meyo being fired from the Patriots. That was such a well many people expected it, others felt it was it was a surprise. We did an hour on that, and I basically said that I thought that he got a short, short end of the stick. Let's put it like that. He should have been given a couple of years a year with a team like that. Not fair anyway. Boston most foremost congested city in the US in terms of traffic, twelfth most congested in the world. We talked about the peaceful transition on January sixth on Monday and Congress as compared to four years ago, and hopefully that will be the tradition that will be continued every four years going forward. Talked on Tuesday night with some of our eight o'clock guests about New Year's resolutions, making the food supply safer, Boston traffic, talked about the fact that that Titanic exhibition has been extended. Talk with John Featherston about the shelter abuse problem here in Massachusetts, and interestingly enough, we'll get to this next week. The governor now is saying she's looking looking back and having second thoughts about whether or not the purpose of the law is being interpreted properly. That's an interesting argument. And then on Tuesday night we talked with Lou Ferranti's one of my favorite guests. He's an expert in the mafia. Talked about the mafia in America's political debate, elite in the nineteen sixties and seventies. And that will be the hour that we're going to play on Sunday night on Nightside and Demand. So if you miss that hour, which a lot of people really liked, eleven o'clock on Sunday night, you can hear at Nightside on demand. We talked about President Elect Trump's desire to regain control of the Panama Canal to support him on that. I don't think I feel the same way towards Greenland, but we'll see about that. Talked about Jimmy Carter's legacy on Wednesday night. Talked about an outbreak of the neuro virus. Talked about the LA wildfires. Talked about the NBA Tia Communities Act. The decision that came down on Wednesday, kind of a split decision by the Massachusetts State Supreme Court. Talked with Todd Lyons, the National Assistant Director of ICE's Field Operations Nationwide of Boston based. Guy. Talked about Justin Trudeau's decision to resign as the head of his political party and eventually as Prime Minister of Canada. Had some interesting calls from Canada on Thursday night. Talked about foods that help you provide a longer life, including dark chocolate, which is good news. Talked with a fellow about people who are addicted to Facebook. Talked about zombie employees. Talked about with Mike Defina of the Animal Rescue League about keeping your pets safe in these cold weather last night, had Attorney Harvey Silverglade on talking about the dark web in some of those places where people are getting radicalized, and what can be done in the light of the New Year's attack in New Year's Eve, And we spent two hours last night remembering Jimmy Carter who was laid to rest yesterday evening or get late yesterday afternoon in planes Georgia and tonight, talked about that TikTok case in front of the Supreme Court. Talked about bird flu, the arrival of bird flu, Let's see what happens, talked about distracted eating, talked about the Los Angeles wildfire scams. There are scams out there, don't fall for them. And talk for the last two hours about the devastation in Los Angeles. So here's what I want to do. Twentieth hours of the week. We try to get a little lighter. It's been some tough topics this week, particularly again when you think about it Los Angeles, I kind of imagine what it must be like to be out there tonight and to be one of those impactive communities. Yes, you can only say there if the grace or God go any one of us, but pray and think about those people and if you can support some of the decent charities and do not fall into the scams. What I want to do tonight is I want to give each of you oportunity to kind of take control of my microphone. Now we don't often do this on Nightside, but this is not open lines. But what I want to call it is college choice. What would you like to know more about? What would you like to talk about? What if you were the talk show host? What subjects would you be bringing up to try to get people involved in the conversation. So I'm going to give everyone an opportunity to throw some topics out there. Maybe some of them will be topics that we will pick up and follow up on next week, but I'd love to know what is an issue or what is a topic that you've not heard on Night Side, maybe even a topic that you've never heard on Nightside. So again, this is a gamble and I'm calling it college choice. So what would the choice be if you were in my shoes? Every day? Marita and I try to put together a program that's a little different and a program that will interest people. Obviously we follow news. I'm sure you would expect us to because often those are the critical stories of the day. We did not get today, Uh, to the to the issue of the sentencing of President Trump by Judge Mershon in New York. We might again. If this topic doesn't go as well as I hope it will go, we can always do some of that. So I ask you, real simple, what are the topics? Give me your topic ideas that you haven't heard about that you haven't heard on the show. Going to open the lines up and you were more than welcome to the conversation. Six one seven, two ten thirty, six one seven nine three one ten thirty. That's the only line open right now. Six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. Come on back, let's get it going.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'd love to complete the hour. We can pick up on the the Trump sentencing on Monday. We certainly could do that. We could pick up because that's a story that he will be and he's a convicted felon until and if the case is overturned in the US Supreme Court, and there are appealable issues, but that's in the future. So the only lines open right now, six one seven nine, Bring it on. We're coming back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the Call's gonna start off with Gary. Gary, tell us what subject you'd like to talk about if you were a talk show host. Got to hit the lot, Aga miss the button. That was my fault. Gary, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, you're on vacation. Morgan had one of your people in the production, one of Marita's people under her, a woman I forgot her name, Danielle or no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I think you referred to Karen Boussemi.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Oh, she was awesome. She was off for the whole hour at Morgan and she was so enlightening my ideas of this. I wish you would talk more for an hour and get somebody from the Midwest who's a national farmer and talk about farming and so people here in the East Coast can appreciate how much does a cow eat in the day, you know, about production of food. I would find that interesting. Also, I wish you would have the historian Mike Dunovan on. He is unbelievable. Mike Donovan has been on WBZ, but he hasn't been on for the longest time with anybody, and you're the lead guy. I'm not holding you accountable. But you know Mike Dunhaman, have you ever had him money?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. He used to be on with one of the other overnight talk show host guys, and he's a very prolific writer. He writes a lot of books, sort of like history books about what happened when and all of that. Yeah, I'll consider that absolutely. There's a whole bunch of guests I want to I want to have mister Samarka Wan who writes the books about neighborhoods in Boston. But what happens a lot of times is you don't like to steal guests from other talk show hosts, if you know what I'm saying. I mean, that's but that's those are good suggestions. I like the farming suggestion because I think you're right. We know very little. You know, we go to the grocery store and and we we we we pick up items no problem at all, and we never think about how that item is produced and then how is it transported. We have a truck driver who listens all the time, Steve uh and you know there are people out on the road right now driving semi trailer trucks in tough weather to make sure that the food that you and I are going to buy at the supermarket this weekend or next week will be on the shelves when we get there.
Speaker 4: Well, I learned this on Jeopardy way back when Iowa, Kansas, the as in Oklahoma. Those four states, they all have one thing in common. They're all Midwestern states. They have all farming states. But they can do one thing and one day that all the rest of the states can cannot do. You know what that is, right, I have no idea feed the United States all on one day.
Speaker 2: Uh well, I don't know they can do it, and they I don't know that. I know that. I had a friend of mine from Kansas who used to tell me that, you know, Kansas is known as the bread basket of the world, that that that we have, we have greater potential in this country than than probably people realize. We're blessed with natural resources, we're blessed with with the ability with land that can produce. You fly over the United States and and you look down. Have you ever flown across the country Gary, Benny Chance or no?
Speaker 4: No, But I have been on a plane.
Speaker 2: Of course you have no I understand that. But the states you get outside of New England and you get over Pennsylvania in Ohio and Indiana and Illinois and Missouri and Kansas and Colorado, when you look down and you realize there's so much land in America, and there's so much farm land in America. I'm endorsing the point. I've seen. What you just talked about is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 4: And if I give you a last one, I says, I hear you all the time, and I don't want to just make almost fun of you. But when you always say I'm waiting for the lady callers to call, you need to do more woman topics for the women to call. And when you do a show that's dedicated to the women tonight, tell them what specific date they're coming on. I want to hear the women calling more often. Because the other thing what somebody I call it called and what your producer with Morgan and I said, why isn't there more women hosting on radio? Because it's all men all the time.
Speaker 2: Agree, No, I don't agree. There's there are women host in Boston. Again, I'm not going to go into aims and specifics there there. Look, if you look at television right now, it's tough to watch a newscast and find male anchors. They are a banishing breed. A lot of the the television programs have dual female anchors. I remember the days when Barbara Walters anchored the network newscast. Then it was like, Wow, this is a woman anchoring the news. That's not pretty. That's not pretty common. I will tell you that if you if you track my callers as I do, we get about thirty five to forty five percent of our callers of women. I want women to call uh, and I want topics that affect everybody. You know, occasionally we can pick a topic that may be tilted one way or the other. But obviously I'm trying to reach a wide audience every night, and I want everybody in this audience to feel that they that they will be welcome to call this program irrespectful.
Speaker 4: You answered the question, you answered it with a great remark. You did a great job. Just now. Last thing, I'll just leave it on this note. I thought it was a disgrace that George Bush did not shake Donald Trump's hand and Milania Trump at the end, Who's gonna be the first lady? A second time around? Nobody went down to shake our hands. I thought it was a disgrace. Thank you for your time.
Speaker 2: Thank you much appreciate the call. I did not I watched. I was in and out yesterday and I didn't see some of this that went on.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't know if they shook hands backstage or back in the not backstage in the sacristy of the National Cathedral. Obviously they were back there and they had that opportunity to But yeah, I was interested, on a positive note, to notice how much President Trump and President Obama seemed to interact and seemed to enjoy some conversation between them between themselves. Next up, join Jim Bill, Rickards rather Georgian Bridgewater. Hi George, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hey Dan?
Speaker 7: How you doing.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: If I had the microphone tonight, Uh, I've been waiting for doctor Singleton to come on.
Speaker 7: I haven't heard him in a while, so i'd.
Speaker 2: Like, you know doctor Shingleton. Okay, hold On has retired. Uh, yeah, it was a fabulous ophthalmologist. Uh we have another ophthalmologist. And uh, since you suggested that, I will see if we can line up. Are you dealing with some eye issues at this point?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because you talked about it several times when you had your cataract surgery.
Speaker 7: And I had my cataract.
Speaker 8: Surgery five years ago. I thought it was three, but the girl reminded me it was five. And now I have to go in for laser surgery to fix the scar tissue Monday, Monday morning, and so we may not know.
Speaker 2: That you have scar tissue for the cataract surgery.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, and Dian, I use a I know I don't use Yahoo.
Speaker 7: I'm on AI before I made this call, and.
Speaker 8: It says forty to fifty of people who have cataracts do need correction laser surgery, which I know, I know if you needed it, you would have mentioned it because I think yours was five, no, six, seven years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a little bit further than that. Back well, I got to be honest with you. You've given me a great suggestion, A note of it here, and we will get an optimologist on and I wish you joy the best of luck on Monday. How long is your procedure on Monday?
Speaker 7: Oh, I hear it only the last ten minutes. But I'm going to.
Speaker 8: I really don't. I've had very good results with the VA. I've been with the VA since nineteen sixty six when I got out of the Army. But when I've had three different operations of which I won't go into, I didn't have very good results. And so this is going to be an operation and I really and truly don't want a residency rookie doing this on me.
Speaker 7: And let me ask you if I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Be ware, did you have did you have the original cataract surgery done at the VA or you haven't done at a.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well look, best of luck on Monday, do me a favorite keeping posting. I love to know how it works out for you.
Speaker 7: Okay, Oh, thank you very much. Jan. You have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: You're too happy to you. You're George get the new year started off well on Monday. I'll be thinking about you.
Speaker 7: Thanks to Oh yes, sir, Thanks all right, thank you, thank you all.
Speaker 2: Right again, ladies, you were more than welcome. Based upon m Gary said six one, the only line opener right now was six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty. Next it just filled. Next up is build in Pennsylvania. Hey Bill, how are you tonight?
Speaker 9: Good dad? Half a new year to you and your crew up there. You do a great job.
Speaker 2: Well appreciate that. Right back at you. What's uh if you were running the show to what what do you want to hear that you haven't heard recently?
Speaker 9: Well, see if you can get her name is uh? I think doctor Deborah Burke was the She was either the CDC head or when the COVID was going on.
Speaker 2: She always remember her, Yeah, I do, I do remember her, yep, I.
Speaker 9: Do, yeah, because she's just resurfaced lately and uh, he's given a synopsis of all the failures, okay and what they should would have done and and then she went into I know you guys had a had a uh we're talking about the abbon flew up there. But she did then go into uh the uh the bird flu and she she specifically said, we're making the same mistakes. And I was, I was, I was. I used to watch her, you know, she had a that time they had a uh news conference about every day. She's the lady that wore the real uh colorful scarfs all the time.
Speaker 2: Dan, I remember her, I do, yeah, do me a favor, Bill, I'm going to have Rob will give you my direct phone number. And if you happened to her name, Uh, I think was spelled b U r k E or was it spelled differently?
Speaker 9: No, it was spelled differently. It's a it's a a Czech Republic name, maybe a Hunger name.
Speaker 2: Was it b I r k I think that might have been the way it was spelled.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, so it's a weird spell. I couldn't figure that out myself. But how they pronounced it Burke? But denber Burke I think is their first name. But I think this Abby on Flew, for instance. The gentleman there was talking about farming. I'm here in Pennsylvania, and we have a problem here, Dan, with our with our our drinking water and a lot of a lot of areas. And they always tell you it's from agricultural runoffs. Right now, what most people don't realize is these farms these days, they have these big tanks that they collect the uh it's liquid manure. Now, okay, they they make liquid manure because it's a lot easier to spread and the worst you know what I'm talking.
Speaker 2: About, Dan, Yes, yeah, I'm aware of that.
Speaker 9: And and uh, this doctor Burke was saying about anybody that is drinking raw milk. Okay, raw milk.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 9: Up there where you're at, I don't know. But out here where we're at, you drive around, you see raw milk, raw milk. You know that the farmers are selling raw milk. Now, the problem is, okay, that the raw milk if you have if they have a cow, okay that has avy on flue. This is what she was saying, Uh that if if she if they have a cow that has avy on flu, because it's already gone, you know, over the cows, and so they can't use that milk. But what they do is in order to keep the the the milking cow alive, they have to milk the cow, okay. And they take that milk and they dump it in that sewage okay, and then they use that sewage and put it on the rest of the crops.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And uh and then and then the birds come by and go down and eat the funny ways. I think we're gonna I think, And doctor Burke said, it could Okay, good dependent.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me jump in let me jump in here. Yeah, let me jump in here, bill real quickly. If I can. First of all, we talked earlier tonight with a disease expert during the eight o'clock hour. Did you listen to that by any chance?
Speaker 9: For though, no, no, I was babysitting my grandkids.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, if if over the weekend you go to Nightside and Demand and listen to the eight o'clock hour. We talked about doctor Daniel Coriskis from Brigham and Women's Hospital. He's an infectious disease expert. He was very good. That's number one. Number two, I have found contact information. Her last name, for the record is spelled b I r x, and it is Deborah Burks b I r x uh. And we'll try to reach out to her now. It looks to me like she might be working. If she's working as a commentator for a network, sometimes they're in positions even if you reach them, they can only comment for the network which employees. Now, so I'll keep you posted.
Speaker 9: But all right, Dan, all right, Hey, thanks a lot. And I was right, Okay, Trump one. So but I get a lot of information from your show and it helps me make my decisions.
Speaker 2: Well, you were right, so you can take a victory lap. On January twentieth, for the inaugural okay, And I think all of us should at this point hope that he's successful, because just like I hoped Joe Biden would be successful, which he really was, right, you know, And I just so far it's been fairly quiet and fairly peaceful. Let's hope the inauguration goes goes well, that he gives a speech which reaches out to Democrats and Republicans and independence like, and hopefully his success will benefit everyone. Stock market took a real hit today, so there's a lot of work to be done. Thanks Bill.
Speaker 9: I just I just hope Chris Serviss uh is h all around that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, there's no doubt about that. There's no doubt about that. He's uh he said two attempts in last year already. And yeah, not even want to I didn't even want to think about that, if you know what I'm saying. No, no, no, thanks, all right, you know, all right, We'll take a break, coming right back only line open, six, one, seven, four, ten thirty. What would you like to talk about here on night Side some night? I'm calling this caller's choice. If you were the host, what would be the subject did you like to talk about? Had a couple of interesting ideas, and we'll see what we can do on those. Okay, coming back on nightside right after this, You're.
Speaker 1: On the night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling. You're gonna go to Tom and Tom first call time. You've called this year Happy New Year? How are you, Tom? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that you year I got. I got something with more your mind, I think. Okay, I mean Stephen Alred, he works for the space program in the government. I think he said, we are being visited by three different galaxies. He said, within ten days or before the President's before Trump kriks droppers, we will be visited. We will know the extraterrestrials are coming to the planet.
Speaker 9: It's coming to this.
Speaker 5: I don't know what, but this is fascinating. Yeah, you're Dan, I think I think you're said if you look into it, you'll be fascinated.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you. Okay, hold on, hold on, all right, all right? Uh you said his last name is all read. Is that a L L R E D.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's one L or two l's, but.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, you know what, Here's what I'm gonna do. Okay, yeah, uh, I can't. You know again, I will have Rob give you my number, and if we all of a sudden, you can find there's a lot of people who have predicted that sort of thing. Okay, so we tend not to do that on nightside, but I'll look him up. Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking right now. I don't see anything. But if you happen to see something, you know you, Bob will give you my direct number. You can call me during the day and we'll see what we can do. Now if this does happen, Tom, okay, and if we're visited by people from three galaxies, I want you to call up and take the biggest victory lap that any car on night Side has ever taken.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, Dan, okay, speaking of well, uh, he says, I am here.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm doing something which a lot of talk show hosts don't do. It's called listening to my call.
Speaker 5: Go right ahead, okay, all right, Dan, Dan, He says, uh, they're shooting down this shadow government. It's in the United States. They're shooting down one illegally at least a spaceship. I am the spaceship yea. And then we're getting me verse technology and they have uh, electromagnetic weapons which can vaporize anything. You know, it was plane flying all of them.
Speaker 2: They can shoot me a favorite, Do me a favorite before we scared the hell out of everybody. Okay, uh, if and when this comes to pass, I want you to call and say I told you so. And if it doesn't happen, which I think it likely is not going to happen, I want you to call. I can say, Dan, I think that was a bump stereer. I tried to give you.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, but look them up, Janny said, I'm telling you it's there's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of guys out there who I I You know, I wonder if you could have given me like his credentials, I'd be a little more interested. Whack jobber. Do you remember the group of people who all committed suicide. Uh, this was got about twenty years ago. They all had like their little space uniforms on and they they they were they were going to be taken up and all they did was kill themselves.
Speaker 5: So anyway, Tom, I just want to give you a head No, no, you got it, Tom.
Speaker 2: If it happens, I'm gonna put you on. You're gonna host an hour of the program talking about the aliens. Thanks talking, I go, I have a nice one, Okay, good night, Okay. The only lines open right now are six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. And if you're a space alien out there and you'd like to contact us and back Tom up on that one, that's fine too. You know when when you kind of control the microphone, you get you get some strange you get some good calls, you get some strange calls. But that's okay. That's what talk radio is all about. Talk radio. Maybe it's best, maybe it's worst. I don't know. Let me go to Mike and Foxborough. Mic you next one night side.
Speaker 11: Welcome, Hey, Dak, can I bring it back down on Earth?
Speaker 2: Well you know something, it's a perfect it for you. Just employed bring us back to Earth?
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Mike, okay. So, uh, you know you have that show on what's the Year with all the college admissions people?
Speaker 2: Yes, the College Admission Show with Bill Fitzpatrick, Bill fitz Fitzsimmons, I should say from from Harvard and uh and Grant Gosling from from Boston College.
Speaker 11: Oh right, Well, what if you could have all union representatives on for all the different trades to give the kids. Uh, maybe another path.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great idea. I think that's a great idea. What we could do is, I mean, there's so many trades out there. We could pick a couple and and I'm going to have Rob give you my number as well, and maybe you could help me out of that. We could pick a couple of trades. We could pick you know, maybe a representative of plumbers or electricians or whatever.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 2: The problem is, I can huh, I do all my shows now remotely, and the most number of guests I can have at any time realistically is two. So right, yeah, we could do it period. There's no there's no reason that we couldn't do you know, hvact people. Uh and in Mason's one one month and do electricians and plumbers another month. You know. So yeah, uh, you're a union guy, I assume.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but not not in the traditional trades.
Speaker 7: I'm a machinist.
Speaker 11: But I was just thinking, thinking because I myself went throwing apprentice program forty years ago and that's what helped me get my get my you know, start in the in the industry. So and a lot of these trade unions have apprentice programs.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, I mean again, I do want you to take my number, and if if you again, I don't have a big staff, okay, I mean there's one person reader. Now, yeah, I would really appreciate it. Even if you give me a couple of contact names and we'll do it on one week and see how it works, and then maybe a month later we'll try to do it a different just expose young people to different ways. The traditional way going to college, but there I think, look, I think that there's a lot of people who are not necessarily cut out for college. And I also think there's a lot of people go through college and they get their degree in archaeology or sociology and they don't know what to do with it, or maybe there's no jobs. You get good training in any of the trades, you're going to be set for life. Joe, absolutely, absolutely, that is a great suggestion, Mike. So please, Rob's going to give you my number, call me directly, give you a number I can reach back to you during the day and we'll be all set.
Speaker 7: Fair enough, Okay, yep, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Don't hang up, don't hang up. Let's keep rolling here. Joe and Lynn Joe, how you doing well.
Speaker 3: I'm hanging in there. I'm still with you.
Speaker 2: Good Joe.
Speaker 3: Tom was interested. Tom was very interesting. I just want to give a name, George Knapf. You could look him up. He's into the UFOs. Okay, he's at West Now.
Speaker 2: The thing is that there are shows that you deal with this all the time. And I forget the name of the group, Joe, but there was this group twenty years ago, I think they were based in San Diego, and they had some wack a doodle guy who said the cotton was Bob Haley Bop or something like that was the name of it. And they all dressed up their little uniforms they look like space uniforms, and he had them drink this potion and they all laid down and they died, and no spaceship came and picked him up. I mean, there's a lot of people out there. That's why I'm very hesitant to even I.
Speaker 3: Know, and I understand that, but I'm fascinated. I like you joke about bot if. I hope there's a victory lap and I'm going to take mine on the twenties, because remember you used to say Trump is not unelectable. Well, he made it. We have to trust him now and give him a chance. Like you said, I do you like it?
Speaker 2: And by the way, I will admit to you that I did not think he was electable, particularly after January of sixth of twenty twenty one, on a national basis.
Speaker 3: At least your fair, Dan. We may disagree, but at least your fair.
Speaker 2: And I'm also I'm not going to look what I say. I say in the radio everybody can hear, so I'm not going to be stupid. And is there oh oh? I said all along you could win. I didn't think I did. On the nomination if he wanted it, I said that, yeah, he was lucky to some extent that the Democrats had two such very weak candidates. But at the same time, he's the president on January twentieth. I think everybody should root for his success. Put a side partisanship, because if he succeeds, the country succeeds.
Speaker 3: That's right. And stop this hatred. I've never seen so much of this. Okay, here is my suggestion on the topic. If I were a talk show host and I just hope the station doesn't blow up, not only teaving, I would like to see you and a lot of other do a show on people who with disabilities, who've been marginalized, who've had all kinds of unlucky things, And I think that would be good because, as you know, a lot of us are in the background, and I think different disabilities, some vision impaired, some wheelchairs, some other some have made it, and why the disability people don't stick together, which they should, things would be better.
Speaker 2: I've done shows on disabilities. I've done shows on a variety of disabilities over the years, but I can't turn my show into a show deals only with disabilities. I've done shows, for example, on the accessibility of braille and how brail should be more accessible. Every author we have on this show, Joe, we try to find out if the books that they have are going to be if there's going to be an audiobook available. Yeah, We've done stuff on the rights of people to have accessibilities. I've done shows over the years on many topics, and any specific that you want to suggest is fine. We do shows on with with doctors oftentimes on people.
Speaker 3: Maybe blindness, maybe we can you can do a show on that sometimes and the problems of the blind. Some make it and some don't.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Again, I have plenty of blind callers. You're one of them, as you know, as you know well, and anybody who's listening for the first time should know that. So yep, we always keep doing an option.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will wait till the twentieth and do my big relap on the twentieth.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, thanks Joe, Happy New Year. We're coming right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World to night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we got full lines, which is great, and I got to get everybody in, which means everybody's got to tighten up. And let's go quickly, Joe Anne and wal Dan. Joeanne, you're going to set the pace for us. Go right ahead.
Speaker 10: Well I'll be quick. Yeah, I heard George. I don't have a suggestion for you, but I heard George. Yes, you know about the laser.
Speaker 2: Scar tissuy yep, scar tissue yep.
Speaker 10: I hope he's still listening. My husband had that done about a month ago, and it's he sees better than before.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this.
Speaker 10: And there was no problem, you know, ten minutes, no pain, nothing, But I.
Speaker 2: Want to make sure that you understood what George was saying. What George was saying was that.
Speaker 10: He had a cataract tissue.
Speaker 2: Right, so he had cataract surgery and then he has some scar tissue on his cataract. I guess, so it's a it's a secondary uh procedure is that your husband had?
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, great, he had cat wreck surgery about five years ago and he ended up a month ago he had scar tissue. Yeah, and the doctor told him it can be you know, like like that twenty five can happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did he realize he had scar tissue? Did his well?
Speaker 10: Because it was Yeah, it was kind of blurry. Really, yeah, it was kind of blurry. So he saw the doctor and the doctor said, yeah, you have scot tissue.
Speaker 2: Well, I had cataract surgery, I guess in seven or eight years ago, and it doesn't I have noticed that the vision is it was perfectly clear, but it's it's it's not as as as perfectly clear as it was. And so I'm going to see my doctor actually next month in February, and I'm going to ask him that question. So I may have I maybe following the same path. Did your husband have to do a lot of ointments and prep when you when you have the original cataract surgery, you have to do some ointments and prep a few days ahead of time, and then a few days afterwards.
Speaker 10: No, nothing ahead, but afterwards he did, I dropped for like a week.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, that's been But just like.
Speaker 10: You know, one drop twice a day.
Speaker 2: You know something that for a week fabulous news. That is fabulous news for a lot of people out there. For some people should ask their optimologists if they feel that the vision is getting more cloudy or or blurry. Joy and thank you so much. That was a great call.
Speaker 10: And how's your cough? The gone?
Speaker 2: It's still there. No, I'm tying to cough. And Rob tries to help me out because I'll go and then he'll he'll take the microphone, he'll take the volume down a little bit. It's sticking with me. But it's not nearly as bad as it was Joe inn So I don't love.
Speaker 7: That, all right?
Speaker 10: Thanks, okay, take.
Speaker 2: That, Thank you so much. Let's keep rolling. You're gonna go to Albertino in Dorchester. Albertino. How are you tonight?
Speaker 7: I'm doing good?
Speaker 11: Dan?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 12: First one? I started saying, now you know, I like your show. I've ben listen to you for years, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Have you called me before since your first time called?
Speaker 12: No, I called you before.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you'll keep go right ahead, Albertino.
Speaker 7: Go ahead.
Speaker 12: So Dan, I just want to ask you. I'm sure you're familiar with the guys from Uh Tom Uh from Quinsy that I had. That issue was in court. I'm like leaving on the eighth the east work for the city. You know, I had to stole some money.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I saw that there was a federal indent and came down to a guy who used to work for the city of king I don't know anything about that case. His last name was Clasby or something like that.
Speaker 12: Yes, no, no, it was just my question to you is because you know, I'm sure you didn't. You didn't talk about it, and I know that he had. You know, they talk about it. Are you going to have any show about it?
Speaker 2: Probably not? And I'll tell you why. We tend not to go into, you know, cases because they may be important to people who know that individual. What is your interest?
Speaker 12: Do you know this guy or no, I don't know this guy. But the thing is you guys. Was you know when the boss the city council District seven had that problem, you had to show about her. Yes, well she hadn't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're talking about Tanya Fernende is right.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: Anderson, Uh, she's an elected she's an elected public official.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: And we did plenty of shows about Donald Trump on trial. Uh. But this is a guy who, at this point I believe is in the private sector. And you know, we don't litigate every day. The US Attorney's Office, Uh, indicts different people, and we tend not to to litigate, try to litigate cases on air. The Karen read case is the exception Karen Reid, because it's you know, a homicide case has become such a high profile case. So that's that's the only answer I can give you, Albertino, and I respect that.
Speaker 12: I respect that.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 12: You're doing a good job, and I want to thank you. And it was nice talking to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, great to talk with you. To talk to you soon. Let me go next to thanks Albertia, Happy New Year. Next to Rick and Bill. Rick and Rick need to get you and too morey.
Speaker 6: And go ahead, Rick, Yeah, we'll do it fast. It's something I've suffered from for over five years. I've learned to manage it better. And everyone that I talked seemed to talk to has an acid reflux and it seems to be such an epidemic. And I've got some good insights now. But you know, initially, and I had a bunch of gigs before you know, singing, you know, before COVID hit and getting through those gigs because it just came on and it didn't leave I it used to in the past, it was permanent.
Speaker 2: Stay there, Rob, Rob will give you my direct line, give me a call during the week. I'll call you back and we'll see if we can put something together on that fair enough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, stay right there, don't hang up, gonna keep rolling. He're gonna get John and Hannover and we will get Jamie and Dorchester and John and Hannover next on nights. I John, go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Dan.
Speaker 13: I am doing touch and base on the topic of the trades now all climbing my entire life. I've actually been up on the busy transmitter out and need him and well thought, there's there's a lot of wear and tear that gos into the human body, there's neurological diseases, there's accidents, and then you're useless, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so just I have a little.
Speaker 13: Community college in my background. I know you're well educated, lawyer. I respect your opinion on a lot of stuff, but you know, never stop growing yourself. I put myself through college at night, paying cash while climbing towers all the day, fourteen hours a day.
Speaker 2: For you all glack, I think that's the perfect How old are you now?
Speaker 7: I just turned forty.
Speaker 2: Damn, you're a young guy. You're a young guy. How long you're gonna be climbing?
Speaker 13: I left, I had to start state in federal class action litigation. I had an electrician coming to me, tell me he wasn't getting paid correctly. Your company was taken to drive time wages. So I actually I started a business for myself after we won that litigation, and I just do seamless gutters now out in the city of Boston.
Speaker 2: Good for you, John, Good for you. But I think what you're saying to me is be careful. Even if you have not gone to college, continue your education, which is absolutely important, absolutely important. Thank you so much. That was a great call.
Speaker 7: Thanks Jan Thanks John.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year. I just keep rolling here, gonna try one more, Jamie. Oh, what did I do? I hit a wrong button? There? Let me go to Jamie and Worcester. Jamie, go right ahead, Jamie.
Speaker 14: Oh, I've always got it like like less than two minutes here.
Speaker 7: But I've called you before, and.
Speaker 14: Your topic is your question tonight is probably good because I actually need helped. You're a dog, well, and I have a Siberian Husky and a couple of weeks ago, I got broadsided while I was driving. Yeah, and now the dog doesn't want to go into my char anymore.
Speaker 5: Right, So I've been.
Speaker 14: Trying to find dog psychiatrists and I then you always get dogs people on the dog like traders and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. Here's what you're gonna do. Here's he gonna do. Okay, I want you to Rob will take will give you my number, Call me next week and I will get you in touch with someone who may be able to get you in the right direction. Okay, take my number from Rob and call me next week. Leave me a daytime number to reach. Okay, Thanks, thanks, Jamie. Take the call. Rob set them up. Done for the night, Rob, thank you very much. Thanks to all the callers, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago in February, That's where all your pets are, our past. They loved you, You love them. You'll see them begin see again on Monday night. Have a great weekend everyone,