Speaker 1: Joe Escalante live from Hollywood. By Hollywood, you mean Burbank two hours of the business end of show Business on k e IB eleven fifty on your AM dial. And thus we're preempted by a major sporting event on iHeart, which is happening today. So this week's podcast version, will you know, be up? Oh, if you're listening to it now, it's up. Sam is here, you're here, right yep?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Oh? And how's the How is your preempted Sunday going?
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to be okay once we upload this every Sunday. I got a deal with this show for sixteen years or so, but somehow or other we get something up now. The highlights this week at snow White's box office debut, got a director facing fraud charges over a Netflix deal. We got a Netflix deal that might give Harry and Meghan a lifeline to some kind of credibility. And we got a legal battle brewing in Utah over Mommy bloggers, and a travel controversy for the band UK subs. And I think we got some other stuff cooking as well. Yeah, Drake and Lamar and some Peruvian musicians being killed, all that kind of stuff, right, here on Joe's goalante life from Hollywoo. Let's first start with the box office, because that's a big story this week. With the controversy surrounding Snow White. Snow White, as you know, has been the haters have come out more than I've ever seen them come out for any movie in the world, and it's a lot of them. Are are the people that feel that Disney has become too woke, and I think they are, you know, they this movie never had a shot and Disney it definitely did get too woke, and they reversed themselves in a few things, like the whole world got too woke. I think everybody agrees that, except for the people that thought it wasn't woke enough, and that's fine for them too, But most people think it got too woke, and Disney was kind of the center of it because people are trying to raise their kids with Disney movies, and then Disney movies have I think maybe the where it jumped the shark is when they kept introducing gay characters and a lot of Yeah, there's a lot of families I've talked to too, They're like, wow, man, you know, I just really don't want Disney to be the one introducing that kind of stuff. So they get mad and they start boycotting. I know people that won't go to Disneyland, they won't have Disney Plus, they won't go into Disney Cruise, they won't do anything. So they're always and they and the last thing those people want is for a great Disney movie to come out that they have to go see despite their personal boycotts. Right, Sam wouldn't see that's a problem for them.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess you think that.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like any boycott, you're painting yourself into a corner, like Target, you're boycotting Target. That I mean it was the left, right was boycotting them.
Speaker 3: Most people try to put their money or a lack of money where their mouth is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they tried to boycott Target and the right did over. I forgot what it was, and then a couple things, and then I didn't really run them out of business. Now the left is boycotting Target. And you know I'm not boycotting Target. Okay, I'm not boycotting anything except for during lent on boycotting alcohol.
Speaker 3: Let's see it.
Speaker 1: My boycotts are relegated to the period between Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. But so this movie has always had this woke cloud around it. But start it's opened at number forty. We'll get more to the cloud around it a little bit. But it started at number one for this weekend forty three million, and the number two movie only got four million. Black Bag Captain America got another four million, another four million from Mickey seventeen. The Korean film Novacane What fell from number one to number five three point seven. I think that's a drop. I remember Sam and I said, I think this movie isn't as good as the trailer. Yeah, And after a few people see it, it's just the people are going to go in. Did you like it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you see the trailer? And it's about it. That's my guest. So that one's about halfway down the top ten. Alto Knights number six. I don't know a lot about The Day the Earth Blew Up a Looney Tunes movie, fifteen weeks on the charts, Incredible number seven, The Monkey number eight, dog Man number nine, The Last Supper number ten, and Paddington Bear in Peru otherwise known as Cocaine Bear two is number eleven. So let's go to snow White. Did you see snow White? Sam?
Speaker 3: I did not good for you.
Speaker 1: You have children, You've got to boycott these films.
Speaker 3: No, I just okay.
Speaker 1: I congratulate you for your stagging me up for your beliefs.
Speaker 2: My only belief in this whole thing is that I don't like the live actioning of old animated classics come up with new stuff.
Speaker 3: Disney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of people I even know Disney employees. Like I had one friend that was in charge of like all the gear that would be checked out at Disney Studios to go make these movies. And he was the grumpiest person I ever knew, because he had this great job at this great studio, but the only movies he was involved in were things like, Oh, here's another live action l Animal King, here's a live action Dumbo. We'll get to live action Dumbo pretty soon in this episode. So snow White opens at forty three million domestically eighty seven point three million globally. Might sound like a lot of money, but for a film that costs two hundred and seventy million to make, and that's just the number they admit to, I'm sure it's much higher. It's really light. It's not a good number. I mean, I think everybody knows wo be a bad number, and they might even think, like, wow, that's much better than it could have been consider all the hate, and I'm not. I'm thinking like YouTube episodes after YouTube episodes dedicated to how this movie is going to be terrible basically, and now they're coming out and say it's a flop, all this kind of stuff, and it might be a flop. And the reason why a couple of reasons. Number one reason is Rachel Zegler coming out and disparaging the original. Now, if you're trying to get people from Disney to go see your Disney remake of the live action thing, people already don't really like the whole live action remake thing. But if you come out and say we're gonna do it so different, why because the original was harmful to you. It was bad and you should not have ever liked it. It represented the patrimony and a weak woman. So how dare you for like, you must be stupid if you liked it. And that's I think she made people feel she's smart, she's from Hollywood. We're dumb. We liked snow White did you like Snow White?
Speaker 3: I didn't care for it either one way.
Speaker 1: Or you must be a genius. Sam. I liked it, and I'm an.
Speaker 3: Easy I am a genius.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely.
Speaker 3: How time somebody recognized it, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're a genius. I'm a complete idiot. So you know that hurts and people that started to hate. And then they released a picture do you remember this of the of the of the so called Dwarfs? No, I remember this.
Speaker 3: You saw any of the pictures of the Dwarfs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they released a picture and they said, look at the look at Disney's Dwarfs. Oh my gosh. It looked like if you were a Disney hater and you wanted to make a fake, like if you were looking at like it going to put it into like a generative AI program and say, what do you think woke Disney will make the Dwarfs look like in the upcoming live action remake of Snow White, it would have drawn these ragtag group of inclusive rainbow people. Uh. It looked like a six or seven people that just got kicked out of the Renaissance fair.
Speaker 3: But that's what everybody in snow White looks like.
Speaker 1: All right, Sam, I'm not going to have you making excuses for these Dwarfs. All right, the.
Speaker 3: World, it's not the Dwarves.
Speaker 1: It was the era so the Dwarfs. It turns out, Sam, when you watch the movie, those weren't the Dwarfs, and Disney said those aren't the Dwarves, but no one believed him. They then they just decided they had to retool the movie, so they pushed it back a year. It was supposed to come out in March of twenty twenty four. Then during this Dwarf controversy, they say, okay, we have to put it out a year later. We're pushing it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: That made everybody think, aha, we did so much good hating they're changing the Dwarfs. So here it comes out a year later and people are saying, well, they made cgi Dwarfs, and nobody had very good things to say about him before the movie came out. Now the Dwarfs that you saw that you thought were the Dwarfs are not there are. They're a ragtag group of rebels to the Queen's Kingdom, loyal to the old king, and uh yeah, they're nothing. I mean, they're they're like nothing to write home about. They're just you know, it's more of this, like, how dare you not like ragtag people like this? Okay, I get it. Now the dwarfs, what are they like? This is another reason why this movie is suffering. There's a doorbate. There's a debate over this, the portrayal, portrayal of these dwarfs and the CGI use. The dwarves are not real, They're just CGI characters, which is fine, but these dwarves are ugly. They look like they're so ugly they could have been cast in the chorus of the Wicked movie, where the real ugly people are.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing a difference here though, because some something similar with the Sonic the Hedgehog movie a few years ago, where the original Sonic that they had was one that everybody who is a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog complained about it so vociferously and so vehemently that they ended up retooling. They said that we're going to go back into production for an extra few months. They retooled it, came up with a new looking Sonic the Hedgehog, and now it's a it's a trilogy, and it's a very good one. I enjoy watching that Sonic the Hedgehog trilogy.
Speaker 1: Now, maybe maybe they should have done that.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like the people who are complaining about the Dwarves in this are complaining about it because they want to retool it because they're such huge fans of it, or are they people who are just naturally since they are so anti woke, that they're just trying to disparage any part of the movie, And then once the numbers come out low because everybody's been poo pooing it and talking trash about it, then they point to it and say, Haha, see it. It's the ant it's the woke stuff that's going wrong, and not the fact that we spent months leading up to it denigrating it.
Speaker 1: I think it's part of It's a little bit of everything the Dwarfs. Like if you I watched this movie with open mind because I knew there would be hype, the woke stuff is pretty much hype. Guess what, there's no gay characters in this movie. Okay, there's plenty of gay Dwarf. There's plenty of opportunities to like introduce some gay characters or oh at least not in reinforce the nature of every boy must be with the girl and every girl with the boy. It reinforces that if anything, Prince Charming and Princess go hand in hand, girl Ragtag goes with guy Ragtag. There's no you know, there's none of that there. So you know, I'm here with an open mind. You know, it's just a regular movie to me, with bad Cgi dwarves. And the songs are okay, they're not They're okay. But they kept a lot of the original songs which are great, like high Hoe and whistle while you work. Hitler is a jerk, hit my, you know what, bit my, you know what? Now it does not work. That's what we used to sing when I was a kid in the playgrounds. And then hi ho hi ho, it's off just to work. We go with hang grin nids and razor blades. Hi ho, hi ho, hi ho hi ho. We had a lot of fun with these songs.
Speaker 3: That one lasted for a while.
Speaker 1: You remember that one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that one made all the way through the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great one. So, uh, the songs are okay. The old ones are good. The new ones are just okay, And they sing a little bit too derivative of Frozen songs, but Rachel Ziggler's voice is fantastic.
Speaker 3: So they chance hi ho to hi ho hi Ho.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound like that good, but Rachel Ziggler's voice amazing, amazing, so it kind of carries the movie. So the there's another controversial with Gal Gadot as the evil Queen, and I think everybody agrees this is really bad casting. She's box office gold, but she's so beautiful. There's not one angle of her that even remotely makes you think, oh, yeah, maybe she's evil. It's more like, if that's evil, then I'm evil. So you don't get the drama there. It's gone because she's just too beautiful, more beautiful than snow white. So that was just a mistake. The dwarves are a mistake because they're ugly. Remember the old dwarves, You know, they were cute. They were all cute, lovable, you want to cuddle with them. These dwarves look like they smell okay.
Speaker 3: And they're all cg ones, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: They're all cg And they look like they smell like burnt baloney, and they have bad breath, and the clothes are musty and dopey. Used to be the cutest of them all. Now he just looks like some white trash guy that can kind of dance better than the other ones. So that I believe that's a mistake in that it was gonna suffer anyway from that, But then the woke thing and Rachel Zegler just doomed it because it's not bad like the movie they're comparing it to Dumbo. Tim Burton's Dumbo is a bad movie that had forty six million in a time when box offices were generally higher. But they're comparing it to that. But that movie, it was just a bad movie. And I told when a word of mouth, I walked out of the theater and the first person I saw, I said, that's a bad movie. Don't see it. This movie, I would encourage everybody to see it. It's fun. It's just not as good as other Disney movies like Snow White or Swiss Family, Robinson or The Love Bug or Joe's Favorite Blackbeard's Ghost. But you know, if you got kids, you gotta take gotta take them.
Speaker 2: Herby the love Bug. That's one that needs to make a comeback. That's one that I can see being relevant today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But Lindsay, Lindsay Lohan already made one a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, no, that that's a I mean, like.
Speaker 2: A quality one, one that actually is good because they're self driving cars nowadays.
Speaker 1: How about when made when made by Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, I don't want to like make it into a dark you know, like, how about Guy Richard Herbie goes on a like Herbie goes on an AI crime fest.
Speaker 1: Okay, Guy Richie, now it he made Aladdin live action Aladdin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, anybody who's done a live action anything animated needs to be held out of this.
Speaker 1: They need to be a rock tied to him and thrown in the ocean. I think I'm hearing you say.
Speaker 2: No, put him on a life life raft. They can survive. Just put him out. Put him in from a freaking camera.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that was a problem, the Galgadot thing, and then the comparisons, you know, they make it the Dumbo. It's yeah, it's pretty bad. Now here's a live action Little Mermaid, which was wildly successful, opening up to ninety five point five million. But that's without the controversy. Okay, Well, some movies did have controversies, like Catwoman of twenty twelve, and it did better than that one. In twenty twelve. Did you know there were two live action snow White movies? There were, Yeah, snow White and The Huntsman and Mirror Mirror. Oh yeah, yeah, like Kristen, I walked that Kristin.
Speaker 3: Out of my mind because of that Kristin Stewart.
Speaker 1: I lost my picture of me and Kristin Stewart. Isn't that sad?
Speaker 3: That is? But you seem like the kind of guy that can make that happen again.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe case Snowhite and Huntsman had the girl from Emily in Paris in it, and those movies are considered a little bit better now. Okay, so the audience, it got a Cinema score of B plus, which is low for a disny movie of this type. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a seventy four percent kind of mixed critical reception. Now, the critical the critics are trying to build it up because the critics are generally pretty lefty and they want to fight the woke mob, and so they they push it up just the way the same way they do when there's a Christian movie, they push it down. These are just facts. So it's seventy four percent. You know, it tells you it's not terrible. It's not great. Younger girls like the movie. Mostly in the theater that I went to was mostly young girls, including my wife, my teen bride, Sandra, who while buying the popcorn, the cashier said to my wife, you are so pretty. She was just not even made up, she just wearing her Saturday clothes. I don't know what to say when someone says that, like, I feel like I have to chime in, And I can't say you should have seen her when I met her and she was sixteen or whatever she was when I'm in her. I can't say that because then it means like, oh little, she's older now. So I say, well, we've been married twenty nine years. What do you think of that? I'm like, what is it all about you? Joe. I'm just it's just awkward when they say and they say that all the time. Okay, So uh that's my review of snow Why. I think it's the best review you're gonna find. It's honest. Go see it some problem see.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that you you swam against the anti woke tide and keep it's an honest review.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, and I wanted to. I always like to swim against the tide. But if it's woke and stupid and lame, I'm gonna tell you but this one was good.
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 1: It was a good movie. Now just be it's not. And it's not like I'm rooting for Disney. Just because I sunk two million dollars into a Disney home in the desert doesn't mean I want by the way, with that, I want them to succeed.
Speaker 3: See what that looks like? That is outstanding.
Speaker 1: No, you can know, anybody can go. I posted on my Facebook, I go a, yeah, we bought one of these lots they're building the house. Go to Cootino if you're anywhere in the LA And a couple of people have taken me up on this because you're thinking, well, I don't have enough money, I don't want to buy one of those. Well there are some cheap ones and they're building some condos right on the lake. My house is not right on the lake because they're going to build condos on the lake because they're clever. Mine's just like a block away. But if the artificial lake, the artificial crystal Lagoon. If you go there, you can just go in and they're happy to see you because they want you to look at them. They maybe want you to tell someone else, hey, I looked at them. They're great. Buy one, so I can't say enough. Go to Cotino and rancham Mirage. Just go up to the gate and say, hey, we'd like to tour the homes, and they'll go all right. Pull in and pull to the rate to the right over there and go to the sales office and talk to the nice lady with the Disney the Mickey Mouse name tag. Because these are Disney employees.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like free Disneyland.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get in a golf cart. They're gonna drive you over there. Look at the lake, the little gooon. Okay, all right, now I got you want to go to some other news. Yeah, I'm tired, okay. In a shocking Hollywood scandal, director Carl Eric Rinch, known for the film forty seven Ronan, has been charged with fraud, accused of swindling Netflix out of staggering eleven million dollars and more. That's right. Federal prosecutors say that Rynch was given the money to complete a sci fi series called White Horse, but instead he blew it on risky investments, crypto currency whatever that is, and a lavish lifestyle. We're talking rolls Royce's luxury furniture and even paying for his divorce lawyers wow, and his younger wife. So it's not like he took the money and ran. He actually lost a lot of it in bad stock trades, then made it back with crypto. But instead of finishing the movie, he sued Netflix for even more money, claiming they still owed him. Can you imagine this? So he gets some money, and I've got I've been in this situation, you know. I make these shows for Fox Nation and they send me, you know, big giant checks for hundreds of thousands of dollars that's in my name. I could go, you know what if I put it in a cryptocurrency, made more, put that money aside, and then use the money for the production. Nobody knows. It's a victimless crime, really.
Speaker 3: Sam, Except when it becomes fraud.
Speaker 1: Yes, well it's always fraud. It's a victimless fraud if you win at your crypto game, but no one ever wins. Gambling is for fools, you know.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I know what crypto has become.
Speaker 1: Crypto's actually doing pretty good right now.
Speaker 3: It's no regulations around it. It kind of hit dipter.
Speaker 2: It pumped up once Trump got put in, but then even Trump himself and Milania did a rug pull on some bitcoins that they created themselves or some crypto that they created, and a lot of people lost faith.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think we should impeach him.
Speaker 3: There's a against it.
Speaker 2: So Netflix and they're loosening whatever regulations on it. I mean, Vegas at least and casinos at least have some regulations.
Speaker 1: And what does Netflix say about this? They haven't commented. But an arbitrator actually ruled Wrench owes them nearly nine million dollars, so they already went to arbitration. He owes in nine million dollars. Now, if he's convicted on these fraud charges, he could face up to ninety years in prison. Oh, this humanity, that's a Hollywood, Hollywood ending. I wasn't expecting ninety thirty years, ninety years.
Speaker 3: He didn't kill anybody.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess if you make, if you take away billionaires money, then yeah, that'll make it so that they'll very very upset.
Speaker 1: Class warfare. I like your styles in all Right. More Netflix news. They're going to offer Harry and Megan Markel a new contract once the one that they lost one hundred million dollars goes away. They're trying to double down on the on the Markles. He's reportedly being offered a new Netflix deal to produce a documentary about his mother, Princess Diana's death shwait she died Okay. The proposed series would coincide with the thirtieth anniversary of her evidential passing in twenty seven. Sources say the project would be a solo effort for Harry, and he could serve as co executive producer and narrator. This comes as Harry and Meghan Markle's current seventy seven million pound deal with Netflix I think it was one hundred million dollars is set to expire this year. Netflix is reportedly keen to continue their partnership, especially after Meghan's recent cookery series with Love Megan performed well on the platform's top ten list. Netflix executives have also publicly defended the couple's projects, indicating a strong interest in maintaining their relationship with the Sussexes. Discussions about the Diane documentary are said to be positive, with potential for it to help Harry build bridges with his family. Okay, there's a lot of things wrong with the story. Number One, they're saying the success of the cookery series. There's a lot of like car accident or train crash elements to that, Like you have to tune in to see the carnage and the wreckage. So I doubt it's very successful. And it's the fact that it's on their own top ten list. They make their own top ten lists. It's like the New York Times bestseller list. They just decide whatever they want to be on it and has nothing to do with anything in my opinion, But what do I know. I'm just a humble TV producer that has never sold anything to Netflix, so I don't And it's going to build bridges with their family? You think making a documentary about Diana is going to build bridges in that family?
Speaker 2: It just sounds really exploitative. Really, if they had any content that aside from cooking shows or just being the Royals themselves. The only thing that they really want to get out of them now is, hey, here's we know that your mom died in a horribly tragic way. Let's do some kind of documentary where you go through the heartache of it, and maybe we'll see you guys try to make some end roads with your family and bring them all back together.
Speaker 3: And that just sounds so exploitative.
Speaker 1: It's it's very profound because you know why, when they first gave them a hundred million dollar advance, they probably said, you know, we value Harry and Megan for their you know, contributions to society and their talents as television producers and developers. So we are that's where this money's going, and that's why we believe in them. Then it tanks and they're like, hey, let's bring out the car crash thing and have them cry around that and maybe we'll get some of our money back. I think you nailed it right there. Ah, all right, I'm gonna just keep whipping through my agenda. Here at my donket in Utah, there's a new law. Evidently the state of Utah is known for moby mommy blogging. Did you know that mommy blogging influencer culture?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, A lot of tradwives and mommy bloggers definitely focused. They're very highly concentrated in that area.
Speaker 1: So when you say tradwives, I mean like traditional traditional wives that like stay at home moms and things like that. Yeah, basically, Okay, so they are I guess, yeah, they're more I guess people are. There's a little voyeurism. I guess people want to look at Mormons and how they raise their kids. They're a little bit fascinating, I guess.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Anyways, there's a legislative act going through Utah right now, and I guess the governor is gonna sign it. And it's groundbreaking and it protects children featured in these online videos. And the push for it is largely driven by this Ruby Frank case. I don't know if you know about this. It's a child abuse case. Following the shocking child abuse case involving Ruby Frank, Utah's legislature just kind of drew up a bill giving kids financial protection for these videos. Sam. They're gonna they're gonna make them save money like a Jackie Coogan account for them and then allow them to have the images take down when they turn eighteen, took down taken down if the parents make over one hundred and fifty thousand annually for the content. A portion of that money must go into a trust for the child. When the child turns eighteen, they can sue to have the videos removed and then they get all the money and then they can make videos. So it's uh, yeah, well yeah, just basically it just stopped the exploitation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the case was really like it highlighted just how bad that whole scene is where there's you know, they they try to put on this image of having the you know, being great parents and perfect parents, and the stuff that they say, you know, that made them influencers to begin with, a lot of people latch onto, and that turns out that these people are total monsters. And for some people everybody, they're like not shocked at all by it, and then like for other people it's like almost an outrage, how dare.
Speaker 3: You deceive us?
Speaker 2: And for the people who aren't shocked at all by that, it's like you can see the writing on the wall, and it's it's stuff that people really latch onto with that those like those influencer moms, they the stuff that they say is stuff that's kind of confirming a lot of the biases that leads to stuff like.
Speaker 1: That speaking biases. There's nothing that the media likes better than that than latching onto a uh story that might embarrass Christians because the media hates Christians. Now that's just my personal opinion, and.
Speaker 2: It's not necessary. It's not anything against Christianity. It's just like that style of parenting. It's not Christian or I've seen I've seen people who are atheists who have the similar kind of parenting style, and it's one that I'm like, yeah, that's not okay.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you've been watching too many of these mommy bloggers.
Speaker 3: They tend to pop up.
Speaker 1: And it's more it don't pop up in it don't pop up in my feet.
Speaker 2: Soh is all flowers and like Bambie and Disney stuff and random punk rock awesomeness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well mine has a Mine have a lot of my feet, has a lot of entitled girls that turn a traffic stop into a felony that's coming up over and over and over again. Those are yeah, those are fun. And then a husband getting interrogating and it's just like the moment he found out that they knew he killed his wife, you know, and you got to like watch for like twenty five minutes to get to the moment. But ah, sometimes they're good. But that's what I want to think.
Speaker 2: That came up in your algorithm because we were talking about that, the story about a guy who was on the TV show whose wife hired a hitman.
Speaker 1: That was my friend Aaron Goodwin. Yes, and speaking of Aaron Goodwin, maybe we need an Aaron Goodwin update.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I've been getting these for a long time, but no, I was watching those and then I thought to myself a couple of days before I found out the tragic news that I got, I wonderful. I mean, this seems to happen so much. I mean every day i'n getting one of these in my YouTube thing. I wonder when someone I know will be a person who's trying to hire a hitman to kill their spouse. And I really thought about that, and it was about the same time on that date. That is why I believe this happens like certain kind of electricity in the world. On that date was about the same date that my friend Aaron find out found out from the Ghost Hunters her Ghost Adventures that his wife had hired a hitman to kill him. I was like the same day and I was just wondering, I wonder if that's gonna happen, and it happened Cosmas. Yeah, it's cosmic, okay, And so Aaron. The story with that is she tried to have her bail reduced. It was one hundred thousand. She tried to get it reduced and she couldn't, so she remains in jail in Las Vegas. He has now filed a lawsuit against her. I haven't talked to him about the lawsuit, but the paper sit it's for ten thousand dollars for you know, uh, fraud in the marriage and stuff. That just seems too low, Like ten thousand dollars doesn't cover the lawyer. So I don't know. Maybe it's ten thousand dollars plus legal fees and he's just trying to be nice because maybe he still loves her. I guess I'll lend you the ten thousand, but i'd have to see you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: And he has an restraining order against her, and uh, she's in jail. That's all I know. Moving along in my crap here pile of crap.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Universal Music Group has finally responded to Drake's lawsuit, and essentially they are arguing that Drake's lawsuit against them as baseless and a result of him being a sore loser in a rap battle? Is that said in so many ways, that's not what they say. No, it's it's just that they're they're saying that he's saying, how dare you say these things about me in a rap battle? And how dare you Universal promote that record? In fact, I think you've been promoting it illegally. I think you've been h gaming the system in this to get it more streams, so it would hurt and it hurts me even more that way, which is weird because Universal is also his label, so he sued his own label. It just it's just the folly here is incredible. It's like and then he's the What it points out in their defense is like this guy assigned a petition or some kind of letter saying that nobody, no rap lyrics should ever be used against the rapper because it was like, you know, they were being used in court cases like did you murder this place, this person? I would never murder this person, your honor? Well, how come this rap song says I love to murder persons? So they had this petition saying like that was racist. You can't put you can't use lyrics against the rapper because it's just art. And now he's saying that guy's art is defaming me and hurting my career. So he's not looking well in this. He won't win. It seems like a tantrum. Like he he said, well, I'll sue this guy, and then his lawyer said, well, it's gonna be expensive. I don't care. I'm going to sue him, and Universal like stop promoting his record. If you don't stop, I'm going to sue you, and they go, we can't. We're not doing I mean, you know, there's nothing we can do, and he goes, all right, then I'm suing you. So a tantrum. He can't go back. He's got a he can't go back on his threats, so he sues him and his case is terrible.
Speaker 2: He literally flew all the way to Australia to get away from all of the hate against like when Kendrick took him down during the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm smart. That was smart because they don't have the Internet there, so that's the way you can get it, get away from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's trying to pick up the pieces, but there's no bigger way to show you.
Speaker 3: Lost a rap battle than to take it into litigation.
Speaker 1: Yes, you lost. Yes, that's like when you had it your in the Hell's Angels and you battled one of the other guys in the in the Mongols and then you got a black eye. So you so you he went and called the police.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: You don't do that.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. Don't mess with the Mongols.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not. I I thought I follow some I follow some Mongols on on Instagram.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that they even had Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have like individual Instagrams, and I know, I know at least a couple, you know, people from the you know, these are guys I know, and then become Mongols after a while. So hats off. They'll salute to the Mongols. This episode is brought to you by the Mongols Motorcycle Club. Okay, uh, here's some of this hysteria news going on the UK subs. It's a punk band that I've played with a few times. They uh, they're there. Three of the guys in their band got held up at Lax and they wouldn't let them in the country.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The headline, of course, the Press Telegram, which is not the greatest paper in the room. UK subs Basis say band members were denied entry into a US at lax after Trump criticism. Okay, so they're trying to like elevate their visa rejection into a national story, and they did a good job because here it is at least a big story in a smaller newspaper. They so they went to the They flew eleven hours to get here to play something called the La Punk Invasion or something. They got there and they said there were two issues. That why they denied their entry. Because when you come here to work, you have to have a visa that says you can work. Now, when I go to England to work, man, I have to pay a fortune to get these things done. You can't just like have a punk band and just get in an airplane and hold your guitars and go over there and play a show. If you if they find out that you're playing there, they'll deny you and put you on a plane and send your back. Happens all the time. So here it happened. They said that that they didn't have the right visa for entry. And then number two they said there was another issue which they wouldn't disclose, both of which prevented me from allowing being allowed into America. I'm now wondering if my regular and less than flattering public pronouncements against regarding their president and his administration were a factor, or maybe that's just me succumbing to paranoia. So we don't really know what it was, but it sure does feed into the current paranoia. But if you are trying to get a visa with a country, like if I was trying to get a visa to go to Japan and I had a Facebook page where I regularly told people that the emperor had no clothes or something, I'd be a little nervous when I got there because if they read that, I go, oh, I hope they don't read that, then they'll deny my visa. And if they said came to me and said, hey, this stuff you're like saying on the internet, we don't like it, so we're not going to give you a visa, wouldn't surprise me. I just go back home. That works everywhere in the world except for the United States, and the United States all of a sudden it becomes a big scandal. But I don't think that's what it's for anyway, but it's too bad. I think all these visa things. Now, let me backtrack a little bit. Just let these let the punk band come in and play the show. And why do they make it so hard to come here for an artist to come in and work a couple of days and make a little bit of money. They make it too hard. And this happens all the time. People get put back on a plane and they go because there's a kind of a there's a gray area where like, if you're really rich and you're a big band, you have a specialists that do your visas. There's companies, third parties that do the visas for you, and if you have that, it costs a lot of money. But you better be making a lot of money. But if you're the UK subs, I would say they probably came here and they're probably gonna make like, you know, five to ten thousand dollars for the show. They're gonna spend five thousand on hotels another you know, for them and their crew. Maybe they don't even bring a crew. I don't know, but it's hard to make any to make that work financially. The airplanes, you know, like seventeen hundred dollars a ticket. You're not making any money, and then you got to buy these visas. So there's this kind of gray area of musicians that can't really afford it. So they should have some kind of a like a waiver for underprivileged musicians. How's that musicians at risk? Yeah, I would support that because you know what, then we'd see a lot of cool bands that we normally wouldn't see. They used to have that golden voice used to bring in all these English bands in the late in the early eighties, like The Damned and the Toy Dolls and the sub Humans. So I bet they didn't have proper via. It was probably easier to get a visa back then. It probably cost fifty bucks. But things are so complicated right now and they get complicated with time and now. The other gripe on the UK subs were the ones who were flying on like American airlines were told you can't have any alcohol on the way back because that's a policy, so they were they even said in the article they were suffering suffering from that. And then the ones that flew British airways they were allowed to have alcohol on the way back, so that seemed to be more. They even said, this is the biggest tragedy was the lack of alcohol on the flight back.
Speaker 3: That's usually the biggest taps.
Speaker 1: And then there's some like Peru. Things are so bad in Peru. Now they killed some famous singer.
Speaker 3: Was it Addington?
Speaker 1: No, it was Paddington's, one of Paddington's favorite bands, and they uh, they got a problem in Peru right now, Yeah, real problem. So I always just got back from Brazil and it seemed better there. It seemed Brazil seems seems like not the crime haven that it used to be. So they've declared in a state of the emergency.
Speaker 3: For a loss of orange marmalade happened.
Speaker 1: They've I don't understand that, but uh, that's okay. Peru has declared a state of emergency in the capital Lima and also in the Callau region due to significant crime increase. The decision was made by a wave of violence, which included the shooting of a well known singer. Mm hmm wow. So when the singer died, he was I don't know who they guy was, but he was famous enough to that's where they said, all right, that's the end of it. State of emergency that means they bring the military to assist the police to restore a public order. But wow, I've been to Lima before. It didn't seem didn't seem like anything weird going on there a few years ago. But what do I know now?
Speaker 3: All Right?
Speaker 1: I think, Sam, unless you have anything else you have to tell with America, it's time to call it a podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's call it a podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, next week, hopefully we won't be preempted by high profile sporting events. And now I'll just leave you with tiny taste of the greatest song ever written, Joe Scalante live from Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Things