Speaker 1: And show. Thank you for joining us on pad Lynch. Taco Bob is here ready to tech it out, check it out. Latest news from science and technology Here brought to you this hour by jr RS at iHeartRadio's iHeartRadio Music Festival. It's coming up in September Team Mobile Arena in Vegas, two nights, two big nights of live performances and if you want to be there, we got more trips up for grabs today. Three chances to win a trip for you and a guest plus one thousand dollars. Listen for the keywords to text to two hundred two hundred, nine oh five, one oh five and five oh five Taco you could get.
Speaker 2: Getting that trip. I mean you kind of said it all there. Two hundred two hundred when you get the keyword again first one nine oh five ish.
Speaker 1: The Nintendo Switch to officially on sale now as of midnight. Best Buy and Game Stop stores held special midnight release openings. They were both open for a couple hours. Mainly that was the people who had locked in a device with a pre order. They're coming by to pick them up as soon as they could get their hands on them. Then they had some limited stock for those who wanted to show up and give it a whirl. Uh do you see the lines? Yeah, and again it's gonna be hit or miss for this. If you've got the pre order dying and great, you're you're good to go. But if you're just just walking in off the street today, it is gonna be uh. Probably, I don't think you're gonna find one. Now here's my question with that.
Speaker 2: For the people that lined up who didn't do pre orders and there's a limited amount. Let's say there's twenty five a cold, bare knuckled brawling competition. Stop, I'm number twenty six in line. Are they gonna give me a voucher for Hey, you'll be one of the first vote on the next order.
Speaker 1: I am not part of the hierarchy of any major retail electronics dealer here in the United States, so I don't know the answer. Yeah, you're the tech guy. I don't know the answer to that. Good luck if you. If you're looking for one today, know they are doing their best to churn out more and hopefully Restock will be on its way soon. There are multiple places you can check online that are tracking inventory levels across the chains. So I mean if you want to hit the Reddit forms. There's all sorts of stuff there. There is a couple of dedicated sites that are doing their best to keep up with this, and it's kind of like a treasure hunt of suits. So have fun out there and be careful.
Speaker 2: I know that you're rushing to get your switch over across town because you found out there's four left it named the store.
Speaker 1: But don't be you know, getting crazy. Eminem's publisher is suing Meta for one hundred and nine million dollars. Lawsuit came claiming that Meta used Eminem's music for some promotional stuff across their platforms without permission. That's a big no no. I could believe it. That's a big no no. As we go into the heat of summer, the energy prices to keep your home cool expected to be quite pricey again, and you try to find ways to save on your cooling cost. This could be a possible path down the future, at least in large commercial settings. In Manhattan, very large skyscraper there, the iconic eleven Madison Skyscraper, is being air conditioned using ice. I heard of that there's about half a million pounds of ice that get created in the overnight hours. This is from Train Technologies Commercial HVAC America's business, the company responsible for installing the system. It refers to this as an ice battery, and to put it in context, it's about the ice that's produced, is about the size and the battery. It's about the size of three city buses. Giant ice gaps. No, I've heard about the whole process.
Speaker 2: And then in the overnight, as you mentioned, it blocks up because you don't have the heat beaten down, and then it cools all day and then does the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the freezing is pricey, but electricity is cheaper in the overnight hours. Thus with freezing the stuff, and then during the day you're not drawing the power from peak usage. Yeah, so kind of cool.
Speaker 2: And I actually I read a piece on this, and have you gotten your power bill for that super hot time yet?
Speaker 1: I got the halfway through estimation and I'm gonna be north of four hundred bucks this month. You know what else I got? I might go to the eleven Madison skyscraper and contemplate.
Speaker 2: No, I won't, No, no, I don't think you're doing that. But my power bell I haven't received it yet. I'm expecting I mean it was hot as hell, but I got a water bill. Well remember that super dry time. It was dry as could be there. My water bill was double, almost triple what it normally.
Speaker 1: Is in your water bill usually only about twenty bucks. Yeah, like was still eighty bucks. It was yours. You would have been like three hundred. What I would give for an eighty dollars water bill, I'll give you. I hate you, Sunshine Water Company, I'll give you. You have WHYSE is a company technology company that is going to make it easier for you to install cameras at your home. If you've been talking or thinking about wanting to put cameras to, you know, monitor the exterior of your home, but you're going, man, I where I'd like to put these There's no electricity, or I don't want to run wires there or whatever. They have come up with a new offering for about fifty bucks Taco that is a combination light bulb and camera high definition camera that will screw right into any available light socket, So your front porch light, for example, you could replace whatever bulb you have in there now with this fifty dollars one from Whys and there's a camera attached to it. And boom, you have instinct camera there without running any addition wiring, and it is now become essentially a wired connection, which was quite a reliable thing to do, rather than you know, hoping Wi Fi will keep your cameras connected at all times. Fifty dollars price point is pretty solid. It is so if youve got a couple of different outlets on the X tear of your house, you can get a couple of these and all of a sudden have your your property blanketed with video surveillance.
Speaker 2: I know this is their business. I just get concerned about. Remember at the beginning of all the cameras, how people can tap right into that and see what's going on. That's what I can get. That's what I get concerned with. I don't know if it's like that with that, but no wiring.
Speaker 1: Avio is a company that also utilizes cameras that they donate to municipalities around the country. They are pushing their new stop sign cameras. Yes, think speed cameras, but now the same kind of deal for stop signs that these are like. They look like cones that will go on to top of stop signs. You may have seen these because they're in place in some municipalities around the country. They utilize solar power to run the cameras and monitor stop sign points because well, we know just from watching the news, there's an awful lot of bad situations that happen sometimes once people run stop signs, So they're hoping that this will help cut down on some of the tragedy. Although you get down the same avenue as red light cameras and speed cameras and everything with this. The kicker though, is again, if a municipality wants is this company's giving it to them for free in exchange for it cut they collect.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, everybody, let's just stop at a red light, stop at a stop sign. But doing this this is that's got that's just that's big. What is it called? You know, what's funny taco? And they point this out in this story.
Speaker 1: The United States is we are so far behind other countries as far as being monitored on the roads and stuff because of our car culture that's built into it. We just like the freedom of having our cars and we don't like having that monitored. So it's been crawling along, developing and being implemented, but it's coming.
Speaker 2: And if you find a good enough lawyer, I'm sure they can fight it and say this is a company that's not even here in this state, and it's that's what they did with a lot of the red light ones.
Speaker 1: Taco for your AI fear this week. It may come to a culmination with this. A new report says that a growing number of technology users believe that artificial intelligence is actually God. They think they're accessing the secrets of the universe through chat, GPT, and many people have been dipping their toes into AI by trying that for recommendations on places to go, suggestions, blah blah, blah, blah blah. But people are becoming so immersed in falling under the spell of it they are almost treating this as a religious like experience. And there's predictors that think this will there'll be moves to make this literally a religion.
Speaker 2: They have issue a religion, They have a complete issue massive your life.
Speaker 1: Get over it.
Speaker 2: There's some good things about AI, but if you're going that far, think about it all right. There's your tech it out for this week. Lynchin Tako's commercial free Workday Rock Block coming up after the break.
Speaker 1: WJR. Orlando's Rock station,