Speaker 1: Ripped up.
Speaker 2: Need ad.
Speaker 3: That's so you don't have come running.
Speaker 4: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: Hello Tom Martino here, this is the Troubleshooter Show, and I welcome you to this edition of the show where we solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier. And if you're streaming the show, you see the wide shot here. I have a studio full of people. I got Deputy D and Deputy Bo gracing the presidence, and then I have Michael Malley from Petrolley Roofing, one of the finest people I know, and they do a lot for the community. We'll talk about roofing and anything else you want. Uh.
Speaker 7: We just love.
Speaker 6: Shooting the breeze here with you, solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints. There's a number of ways you can get in touch with me. I want to make that clear, and one of the ways is to text me. You can text me at this summer seven four seven nine fifty two eighty and it comes right to my cell phone seven four seven eighty. We also have another short code that iHeart uses where you can text me and that one is five seven seven three nine, So either way, you can also call us at three h three Martino. Right now, we're going to talk to Dallas an issue with an h o A. H Dallas, what's happening with you?
Speaker 7: Dallas? Yes, sir, what's going on? Yes, sir, I'm here.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 9: I'm in an HOA and we're all in agreement to dissolve the HOA. We don't have a swimming pool, we don't have any club house, nothing. We only have a mailbox covered mailboxes that we take care of. I have obtained ninety signatures. There's one hundred and thirty three sites in here. Everybody's in agreement to dissolve it, and I just need to know how to proceed forward.
Speaker 6: Okay, you go to the phone and you call an attorney. And here's why dissolving in HOA is going to be a Dissolving in HOA has to do with the bylaws. The by laws should set forth a procedure for dissolving the HOA. If it does not, If it does not address dissolving the HOA, then the by laws you must have a meeting and a meeting of the minds, and it will require a supermajority, and that I believe is seventy five percent. Some bylaws for a supermajority require everyone, but a good attorney can take your by laws and then you guys can vote as a body to dissolve it if it's not already in there on how to dissolve it. Have you looked at your bylaws?
Speaker 10: Not lately and not lately?
Speaker 6: Okay, sometimes within the by laws themselves.
Speaker 7: Okay, go ahead, go ahead. What were you going to say?
Speaker 9: No, I know that there's a there's a section in there to give the management company thirty days notice. And we're we're not under a contract with a management company.
Speaker 8: We only go months to month.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: The management company should help you dissolve it. They have, they know all about that. Did you ask the management company about it?
Speaker 8: No, sir, I didn't know.
Speaker 11: Sir, I didn't know how to proceed as of yet.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's what I would do. I'm going to give you three steps. One, talk to the management company. They have a lot of experience interpreting bylaws and doing things like that. Now, Number two, read the bylaws yourself as a body, and number three as an HOA as an HOA. You guys can vote it down yourself. Are you sure there's no one that will oppose this?
Speaker 12: Not at this time?
Speaker 8: I mean everyone I talked to their.
Speaker 9: They're tired of it.
Speaker 6: Okay, do you have meetings at the HOA?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 7: What do you guys do.
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 9: The Latin and so the board there and then there's like.
Speaker 13: Third poor people.
Speaker 7: But but do you guys have covenants? For example?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir?
Speaker 7: And who enforced ks covenants?
Speaker 6: What if someone wanted to build a giant purple dome house.
Speaker 14: They would go to the art committee.
Speaker 9: The art committee would say her day.
Speaker 12: And so far.
Speaker 9: We have been have not been able to enforce any covenants because we.
Speaker 14: Have no money.
Speaker 9: We fight a couple We tried to fight a couple of dogs that were nuisance dogs. Spent twelve hundreds an attorney and they came back said that they were most of these support animals. And at that time it was either prove it or not. We don't have the money.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: Then then it sounds like your HOA is basically doing nothing. Correct, So okay, I'm gonna give you the name of a real estate attorney that you can start with as well. His name is Brad O'Brien. His name is Brad O'Brien.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yes, sir.
Speaker 6: Brad O'Brien seven to zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight. Okay, So call him and ask him. But get your bylaws together. No matter who you go to, they're gonna want to see the bylaws. Yeah, so that's something you're gonna need to.
Speaker 8: Goodright in front of me.
Speaker 7: And why don't you look go ahead.
Speaker 11: No, I have him right in front of me.
Speaker 6: Is there a section on dissolution of the HOA? Is there a section in there on the dissolution of the HOA?
Speaker 11: I don't know where it.
Speaker 9: Would be and it would take me a while to go through it.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, well, thank you for calling. I just go through that document, send it to Brad.
Speaker 7: O'Brien, talk to him, and then talk to your.
Speaker 6: Body because you guys may have to do a resolution and Brad will walk you through it on dissolving it, and you actually vote to dissolve it. Just make sure you don't need what's called a supermajority. Now here's why people need supermajorities. When an HOA is formed and people buy property. The property is subject to HOA by laws and articles of organization. So when you buy your property at closing, be given bylaws and covenants, and when you are that's a covenant or a contract between you and the HOA and between you and other homeowners, and you rely on those. So you buy into a community knowing, for example, that they only allow twenty five hundred square foot homes or larger let's just say you do that, or certain roof styles or certain size lots. Now, when you're in that HOA, you're depending on that HOA to keep your property values at a certain level. So if the HOA decides, hey, let's do away with this all of a sudden, you as a minority owner, might think, Wow, I don't want to get rid of this. I wanted That's why I bought here. That's why it's very important to read the book byelaws. Some buy laws allow them to change covetance and to change deed restrictions and everything else with what's called a supermajority, which would be seventy five percent or more. And then some HOA bylaws allow the actual HOA to be dissolved.
Speaker 7: Others do not, So it's a very.
Speaker 6: It's not as easy as it sounds when you say everyone is in agreement, because if one person is not in agreement, that could screw up the whole thing. I'm Tom Martinez three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Listen by now you've heard drinking water is not safe. I don't care where you are, it's just not safe. Microplastics are found everywhere. Forever chemicals everywhere. For thirty nine ninety five, you get a whole house system that'll take care forever chemicals and plastics from waterpros dot net. Only the best at the best prices three oh three eight six two five, five five four waterpros dot net go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five or three oh three Martino. Let's talk to Thelma. Hi Thelma, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 3: I had an accident and my Chad Tacoma is in Untictabos and I was wondering if you know some of your uh lettens might need parts off of this. Oh, the right braunt was badly damaged. I had someone I was It was kind of a crazy accident. I was going into the south lane and someone was coming up the north lane and they decided that they I guess they thought they were gonna be able to.
Speaker 12: Go around me.
Speaker 1: They pulled in.
Speaker 3: Front of me and duk the guard rail out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is the Is the engine still good?
Speaker 3: I think so? I think the engine is still good because I did drive it that the police when asked me if I could move it, and I was able to move it.
Speaker 7: So and who told you? Who told you it was totaled?
Speaker 3: Well, my son in law looked at it and said, because I think the train or the driver train or something would messed up.
Speaker 7: What year is it?
Speaker 15: It.
Speaker 3: Oh two. I would even like to donate it to a one of the grade school if they would be willing to take this and you know, provide transportation to take it.
Speaker 7: Deputy d you have something to say about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell about how many miles are on this truck?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. Probably post the two k or something because I wait, wait.
Speaker 6: To wait, are you saying you went over one hundred thousand on it?
Speaker 3: Probably close to it?
Speaker 16: Yes, you know, I think I would get a professional opinion on whether or not it's actually worth fixing.
Speaker 2: Do you have insurance?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 3: I have endured, but not on that, not the vision.
Speaker 6: It's well, I understand, but that person whose fault was it?
Speaker 7: Was it the other person's fault?
Speaker 2: Sounds like it?
Speaker 3: Well, it's it was kind of crazy because I had to stop done. I stopped, look both ways twice.
Speaker 7: And did you get a ticket? Thelma? Just tell me that, did you get a ticket?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, I got a ticket.
Speaker 6: All right, she's not going to get anything from the other party. Okay, now I get it, Telma, listen, I doubt, I really doubt that anyone wants that for anything with that many miles on it.
Speaker 7: But what are you thinking.
Speaker 16: Tella, if you can get me a couple of pictures of that truck and the damage, I'm going to show it to some people who might be interested in buying. Okay, directed Toyota Tacoma, because Tom, those still have really good value.
Speaker 2: These are these trucks areround.
Speaker 7: Oh you're right about Tacoma.
Speaker 6: Okay, listen, I'm going to put you on hold and have Deputy d call you, and then what he'll do is he has a network. He's a Toyota owner and he loves Toyotas, and he's going to uh figure out maybe somebody who wants to buy it.
Speaker 16: I can circulate the photos to the guys I know in the Toyota Truck Club, the off road club that I belong to, and somebody's I guarantee you if somebody's going to be interested in buying it and fixing it.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 16: So I'll give you a call and I'll get some pictures from you. What part of town are you in? What's a big intersection here where you living on?
Speaker 3: Well again?
Speaker 6: Okay, well, we're gonna have to get some photos. I'll tell you what. Let me put you on hold and get that information, Deputy Deputy deal be calling you three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino three oh three, six two seven eighty four sixty six, Tim, Welcome to the show, Tim, What's going on?
Speaker 12: What's going on? Tom is uh? In the November of twenty twenty four, Uh, my girlfriend loves with me. We rescued a card in the mail about a program and I didn't say much about it, but we would get two selfwus airline tickets for attending the seminar at the Embassy suite and call Lalla Springs and we would get that right, and we would get two hotel rooms. And I went there and it's a moment of adventures the name of the company, and I bought into this time to share type of things. And I wrote them a check. And when I got home, I called my son to tell him how good of a deal I got, and he phoned out with a scam. It sounded like a sham. So anyway, I wrote them a check for seven nine hundred and ninety five dollars and I got two different checking accounts, and I thought I canceled the check, and I did it, and I want to, but I haven't received nothing, and I can't contact this company now.
Speaker 6: Why are you calling now? This happened in November of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 12: Because I'm disabled and I'm not and a friend told me I need to do something about this, and I got some heads.
Speaker 7: Did they ever come out? Listen?
Speaker 6: Tim, I'm more concerned with something else, and that is, if you wrote them a check, it's likely you signed a contract.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I don't remember signing a contracts.
Speaker 6: Tim, I'll guarantee you if you wrote them a check, you signed a contract.
Speaker 7: And here's what I'm afraid of. Here's what I'm afraid of. Tim.
Speaker 6: You start making noise about that check, and they're going to start making noise about you paying them. You bought a timeshare. They never came after you for the rest. They never came after you for payment.
Speaker 12: No. I gave him a check for two seven ninety five dollars and they depositive that they got that money.
Speaker 6: And did they ever come after you for any kind of payment?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: How much paperwork do?
Speaker 6: That's a lot of money, man, I mean, that's a lot of Money's.
Speaker 16: I'd like to hear about the paperwork that Tim walked away with after that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Did were you given any paperwork at all.
Speaker 12: No, I don't given any paper work at all.
Speaker 2: You just wrote check and walked away.
Speaker 12: Well, the thing about it is, you know what, I did fill up something, and I did fill up something.
Speaker 7: Of course you did. Of course you did.
Speaker 6: Listen, Yeah, I mean you when did they actually clear that check?
Speaker 12: About four or five days later this had happened nomember.
Speaker 6: I think it's going to be difficult to try to figure that. I don't think you're going to get your money back. I mean, you're you're saying that they didn't take your money. You bought a condo and you breached the contract.
Speaker 12: I can't even get a hold.
Speaker 2: Of what's it called again? What's it called again?
Speaker 12: Moments of Adventure? They have a website online that if you're okay.
Speaker 6: What wait wait, what is it again? What's the name of it again? Moments of Adventure, Moments of Adventure.
Speaker 2: Moments of Adventure travel.
Speaker 16: It doesn't say anything here about uh it's it looks like it's a travel agency. There's absolutely nothing on their website that I've been able to find.
Speaker 6: Have you called them there? Have you called them?
Speaker 12: I don't have a number for them. Even I tried to go online to get a hold of them. And the thing is they want me to fill out the form saying I'm interested in their stuff in order to bum the contact me.
Speaker 7: Who wants to make a call down there?
Speaker 2: I can make a call.
Speaker 16: I uh, I just don't think it's a It doesn't look like a timeshare company. It's a it's a travel agency. Moments of Adventure Travel.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's called Moments of Adventure Travel. Yeah, and I have this photo of a beautiful beach.
Speaker 6: Listen, man, Tim, listen, be very careful. We're going to make some inquiries.
Speaker 16: They don't have a phone number either. No, this is not a good sign.
Speaker 7: Tim, dog gone it, Doug.
Speaker 6: Tim, Where why did you write such a big check?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 12: I don't know. I'm I recently met somebody and all the love when I wanted to do some tralhood with her, I was stupid.
Speaker 2: Who did you make the check out to? Who's the payable to?
Speaker 6: Can you find your canceled check? Can you find your canceled check?
Speaker 16: Let's look at your check. You may not even made it out to Moments of Adventure.
Speaker 12: No idea.
Speaker 7: Do you have a canceled check?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 7: Do you have a canceled check.
Speaker 12: Yes, I can go online and I can I can go online and I can pull it up with my banking.
Speaker 6: Okay, I want you to do that. Deputy d is going to call you. Hold on a second, hey, Deputy Doc. You say you have some kind of follow up with Fernando and again we'll come back to that, but I want to talk about it. This is where he bought a two thousand and eighteen Infinity a year ago. He said he bought an unlimited extended warranty from Dodge and he had.
Speaker 7: An oil issue.
Speaker 6: He took it to the dealership and they had to tear it down. They promised to pay for the teardown, but it wasn't covered. So now the dealership wants to be paid. We'll come back to that and more. I'm Tom Martine three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Don't forget fix Itt twenty four to seven thirty nine dollars AC Deep Clean, the Extreme Clean, Tune in Check thirty nine bucks. Fix my Home dot Com book Now go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Could comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So we're talking a little off the air about this. I want to bring up Doc to talk about it now. Fernando bought a twenty eighteen Infinity QX thirty a year ago. He said he bought an unlimited There's no such thing, but he said it's an unlimited extended warranty from Autonations AutoNation Colorado Springs. He had an oil leak. Now, Bo and Doc, you both work on this, right. What kind of oil leak?
Speaker 2: It was in the oil housing?
Speaker 17: And the dealer said that the oil housing wasn't part of the power to drive train or the engine. But Fernando sent me the warranty and I read it. He bought that not an unlimited mileage, but had some sort of a deluxe wranty and it was expensive.
Speaker 2: I think it was like four thousand dollars.
Speaker 17: But on page three the warranty clearly said it covers this oil. There's some sort of oil housing assembly something that holds the oil filter into the engine.
Speaker 7: And they said they didn't cover it.
Speaker 17: Well, they Fernando went ahead and had to get the work done.
Speaker 2: He had to pay for it out of pocket. So there's how much I believe it was he had out of pocket.
Speaker 17: It was thirty five hundred dollars, and that included the fourteen hundred dollars teardown.
Speaker 7: And I believe his warrant.
Speaker 17: He should have stepped up and paid for the engine.
Speaker 7: They had to pay tear.
Speaker 17: It down in order to find out what the problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but warranties don't pay for teardowns unless the problem turns out to be a warranty issue. So when you have an extended warranty and you have to go hunting for the problem, they will pay for the teardown if the problem turns out to be you're their problem. If it turns out to be an uncovered part, they don't pay for the teardown no matter what. They only pay for the teardown if the ultimate repair is covered.
Speaker 17: Okay, So it would be good to have Fernando call in because when I called the Dodge AutoNation in Colorado Springs, apparently they hung up.
Speaker 7: Well, i'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: He screwed himself by having the work done before authorization.
Speaker 7: He screwed himself. I'm telling you that right now.
Speaker 6: There's absolutely there's absolutely no way we can go back in time and make them pay for it. And the warranty is very explicit. You need a teardown and an approval.
Speaker 7: So, Doc, did you know that?
Speaker 18: I did not, But I said I will call Fernando because it sounds like Bow and I got two different people.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but I will.
Speaker 18: I'll call Fernando and get to see what's going on with the resolution of this issue.
Speaker 7: So doctor, okay.
Speaker 6: So therefore, we have to approach this a different way. First and foremost was the part covered. If it was, then we have to ask the warranty company what would they have normally paid for it, and would they at least reimburse him something not the whole thing necessarily, but something people with extend.
Speaker 7: This is really important, and I want to bring this up.
Speaker 6: When you have an extended warranty, first and foremost, most of them are worth crap.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't like extended warranties.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm not going to tell you that people haven't had extended warranties and and they paid off. They do once in a while, well, but very seldom do use car warranties. And actually I don't even like call them the warranties their service plans.
Speaker 7: Very seldom do they pay off.
Speaker 6: I know you hear all these commercials from celebrities on TV iced Ta talking, yeah, iced Tea does one. They do these these things like you know, I had this coverage and it paid this, and it paid that.
Speaker 7: They don't pay a lot.
Speaker 6: They also require teardowns and inspections, which you are on the hook for if it turns out they're not going to pay for the repair. More than not, they do not pay for repairs. The most important part of that warranty is the exclusion page that tells all of the exclusions. And I don't want to go into it right now. I'm just going to suffice it to say this, when you have a warranty, you cannot have the work done and go back and collect. That's not going to happen. That's a rarity. We've been able to do that once in a while, but it's a rarity. So the bottom line is, if you are looking for a warranty repair, you have to exhaust your avenues with the warranty company before you go have the work done. Call us before you have the work done. Frank Duran the real estate man. You want to know what your house is going to sell for. He'll give you a valuation free of charge for the asking detailed on the comps, the neighborhood interest rates, supplying demand, and what he thinks you'll get.
Speaker 7: That's frankedurand the real estate Man dot com.
Speaker 6: A free valuation of your property three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. We were just talking about Fernando and he was working with Bow and Doc and and here's the issue.
Speaker 7: He took his truck in.
Speaker 6: He had an extended warranty and he had the work done and now he's looking for reimbursement. But my question for Fernando who authorized the teardown? Fernando, Yeah, hello, I'm here, Fernando. Who authorized them to tear it down and fix it?
Speaker 7: I say that again, Fernando.
Speaker 6: We have to have some communication here. That's where I ask questions and you answer me. I am asking you when you took your truck in, why did you assume it was going to be covered by the warranty?
Speaker 7: Who told them to fix it?
Speaker 19: They told Dodge.
Speaker 20: Dodge told me to take it into infinities for them to fix it.
Speaker 6: They actually the warranty company told them to fix it.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I heard.
Speaker 7: Okay, do you have proof of that that the warranty company approved it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 6: Okay, Then who told you the warranty company approved it.
Speaker 20: It was the Dodge Dodge company at Nation.
Speaker 6: All right, So, so Boat, I mean, Deputy d you know about.
Speaker 7: This, Tom.
Speaker 2: I was there for the original call.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 2: I listened to the whole thing. I was in the studio with Mark.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 16: Fernando bought this vehicle from a Dodge dealership. I think a color of springs, is that correct? Yes, it broke down. So Fernando called the dealership and said, hey, I got this warranty. I'm going to have a towed back to you to fix it. And the Dodge dealership not Dodge as he just said, but the dealership said, no, don't bring it to us, just take it to an Infinity dealer.
Speaker 2: He took it to the Infinity dealer.
Speaker 16: The Infinity dealer said it will cost I think it was about fourteen hundred bucks if I remember right, to tear it down to the point of failure.
Speaker 2: So, and as you know, the customer.
Speaker 16: Is responsible for this, right, because if the warranty company does not approve the repair, then the teardown is to be borne by the customer.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 16: So, Fernando, if I remember this, right, Fernando, you went back to the Dodge dealer, and he said, hey, I don't want to pay fourteen hundred bucks, but somebody over there verbally said, well, we'll just cover it.
Speaker 2: We'll cover the fourteen hundred.
Speaker 7: But he has no proof of that. No, of course not.
Speaker 16: And so so Fernando had the Infinity Dealership tear it down. They made a warranty claim on his behalf. The warranty claim was denied. Is that right, Fernando?
Speaker 20: Yeah, dude, got it right so far.
Speaker 16: And so Fernando had the vehicle fixed anyway at his expense. But now Fernando seeks to recover the fourteen hundred from the Dodge dealership based on the verbal promise that they'll pay for the teardown portion, which was fourteen hundred dollars. And the conversation that Mark and I in Fernando had was is it really the Dodge dealership's responsibility to pay for the teardown because the teardown had to happen anyway in order to affect the repairs.
Speaker 7: I think Fernando's out of luck.
Speaker 6: Why did they turn Let's get to the heart of the issue, Fernando, why was the repair not covered?
Speaker 20: Okay, so there wasn't covered because they said, well, the if anyone of them when they tore the car down, they didn't know what it was. They were trying to figure out what was the wrongest problem with the car, so they thought it was the oil housing, pump the pumps, so theyre just going by c sing.
Speaker 13: They don't know what was the problem.
Speaker 20: So they called an insurance place and they said, well, we need to tear it down to get to what the problem is.
Speaker 7: And they said what did they find out?
Speaker 6: What did they what did they turned down?
Speaker 20: They turned down all the whole work, everything, But what was.
Speaker 6: The repair that they turned down? What was the problem that they refused to cover.
Speaker 20: The oil stout the housing. Now, so as you look on my contract, it shows that they covered the oil healthing.
Speaker 16: So Fernando Fernando has two separate problems. One is that the warranty company, unsurprisingly deny the warranty repair, which should have been covered according to the terms of their contract. But that problem is separate from his other problem, which is he feels that the Dodge dealership still owes him the fourteen hundred bucks for the teardown.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that will be covered of these but that will be covered by the warranty company if it turns out to be a warranty repair.
Speaker 2: Well, if the warranty company already denied.
Speaker 6: The repair, Okay, but you're saying it's in their contract, so maybe he should take them to small claims court.
Speaker 16: Well, that's probably not going to happen because but one warranty repair contract I've ever read, with the exception of just a couple of days ago, has a mandatory arbitration provision.
Speaker 6: Fernando, can you send a copy of your extended warranty to us? I want to look at what provision it has for arbitration and the repair build Send us all that stuff. All right, I'm Tom Martino. We're gonna look into this more, folks. Extended warranties, they suck. How many times do I have to tell you that we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped up news ned So you don't have.
Speaker 15: Come run.
Speaker 6: Camp.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Com Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 7: No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 6: This is the Troubleshooter Show, where we are solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, as we've been doing for forty five years in Denver, the longest running radio show with the same host still on the air, going strong after all this time. I just looked around. All my friends are retiring and they're all on beaches. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't have that allure to me. I don't know why. I've always loved working. I always love what I do now. I like getting away and doing things, of course, but I don't have that travel vacation beach bug. Maybe I will someday, but I don't have it. You would think, after facing death in the face and battling pang, create a cancer to have a different feeling, but I don't.
Speaker 7: But I don't feel I'm missing out on anything.
Speaker 18: Yeah, the most I think the most important thing when you retire is to know what you're going to do with all that time that you have now freed up. I mean, I can tell you from personal experience that you have to have something to look forward to to feel that you're still contributing. You can't just stay home and watch TV for the next twenty years.
Speaker 7: You need something whether.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and again I don't want to by the way, I don't want to criticize people who love going to the beach and sitting on the beach and posting pictures on Instagram all day.
Speaker 7: That's good if that's what they want to do.
Speaker 6: Or if you just want to travel down the Lazy River in a canoe, or you want.
Speaker 7: To do anything.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's more power to you, okay. But for me, I always want to do something. I always feel like I should be doing something, and one of the missions I have is to help people, and I love it, so I do. I do have fun though, you know. I like going places and doing things, but I don't like I don't like excessive leisure time.
Speaker 7: And laying around. To me, that's not joyful.
Speaker 6: Having a drink on a beach is joyful for fifteen or twenty minutes. I'm too much of a weird personality to enjoy that kind of downtime. But don't get me wrong, I enjoy life to the fullest.
Speaker 7: But I like doing that.
Speaker 6: Like when I started, I got like new energy when I started Wave eight Financial Management, starting something brand new. It just made me feel great and I love doing it and helping others and it's just cool. I can't explain it, but in any case, welcome to the show. I don't have to preach to you. You do what you want. So many people, as I said, they can't. They can't wait to get to the beach. It's called on the beach, you know, It's an expression they lay on the beach. More power to you do that all you want. I would die of boredom. And I think Doc said it right. You got to know what you're gonna do and do it and feel like you have meaning in life.
Speaker 7: Although there are some people.
Speaker 6: I talked to a guy one time who was painfully honest with me, and he says, you know, Tom, I don't.
Speaker 7: Feel like I have to have purpose.
Speaker 6: I actually like staying in bed late, watching TV, watching reruns, eating breakfast at noon, going out and doing nothing around of golf, and then you know, every now and then taking long weekends and vacations, and I thought, well that's nice. I mean, who am I to say you can't do that?
Speaker 2: How does this guy afford his No?
Speaker 7: No, I mean he's retired.
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, yeah, yeah, so he saved up for it. It's not like he doesn't deserve it. I mean I think we all deserve exactly.
Speaker 7: What we get. And I don't mean that in a cruel way. I mean what I should say this I no, no, yeah, bad way.
Speaker 6: I think what I meant to say was we all get exactly what we strive for. I think I really think so. I'm not talking about sickness and all that. I'm talking about like in life, our goals. I think we accomplish our goals. I think when somebody says I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this, they're absolutely.
Speaker 2: Right, right.
Speaker 6: And when they say I'm going to do this, I'm going to do this, I'm going to do this, they're going to have fun trying or they're going to do it. So in any case, enough of my preaching. Tony wants to talk about a car accident, an issue with a settlement. Okay, Tony, what's happening in your life? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Oh thank you this So I got to end it back in December. They plenty called me yesterday and they're offering me fifteen dollars to settle.
Speaker 7: Now I was like, okay, who hit Who hit you? Was it somebody? Somebody? Was that fault when they hit you? Is that right?
Speaker 15: Correct?
Speaker 14: It was a So I was like the second car, this truck ran into one cars and pushed them into me, and then I got pushed into another.
Speaker 6: And they offer and and they offered you a property damage settlement.
Speaker 7: Did you have any medical bills?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 14: So I did have to go through some therapy and things. So that's like a whole different case. I haven't to tack on none of that. But so I went to the to the collision place and I told them I had fifteen hundred dollars, Like, that's not even enough to fix your car, fix my truck?
Speaker 7: Well, hold on, so you're you have a two thousand and four Exterra. Is that right, Yes, sir. Are they saying it's totaled?
Speaker 14: Yes, they're totally not.
Speaker 7: And they're only offering you fifteen.
Speaker 14: Yes, because they said that there's only so much coverage and the first person that got career inded is taken the majority of it and then me, oh.
Speaker 6: So new So they're saying that they're okay. So how many cars were involved?
Speaker 7: Total?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 14: Three, including the one it hits.
Speaker 6: Okay. So where were you in the chain of three cars? In the middle?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was in the middle.
Speaker 6: So a truck hit you and you hit a car.
Speaker 14: No, so a truck hit the car behind me, that car hit me, and then I got pushed into another car.
Speaker 6: Well I'm counting four cars here. I don't know why we're different. You had the truck, yeah, the car that hit you, you had you, and you had the car you hit. That's four cars, right, I'm sorry?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 7: That who's the.
Speaker 6: One and who's the one paying the who's the one paying the bills?
Speaker 7: The truck that started it?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay? And what insurance company is it?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 14: Bristol West.
Speaker 7: I never heard of them.
Speaker 6: I want to get our attorney on I want to get our accident attorney on. He does personal injury, but he knows a lot about property damage in.
Speaker 7: Cases like this.
Speaker 6: Katschina, Let's try to get John Fuller on right now and just tell him we have a property damage question if he could help us out. Hold on, Tony, I want to get somebody else's perspective. A truck hits you, you hit someone, well, a truck hits a car behind you.
Speaker 7: That car hits you.
Speaker 6: You hit someone right right, your car's totaled, so that truck's paying for everybody.
Speaker 14: Correct, But there's okay, they had so much comfort.
Speaker 6: No, I know, and that's true. But I don't know how they divvy up that coverage. I don't really know how they do it. Do you have collision car or you don't have collision coverage on an old car?
Speaker 7: Do you no?
Speaker 14: Just plain viability? And I'm just wanting to give my co bar, my rings, my two bumpers, you know, just my damage, just back to the regular way it was before the accident.
Speaker 7: How much how much will that all cost?
Speaker 14: So, like I said, I went to the collision place, I told them what I had, and they just kind of like there was not even enough to cover the two bumpers and the door. So I didn't even I didn't even bother to get an estimate. I called the insurance company.
Speaker 6: Okay, So so the fifteen hundred bucks won't cover anything, now, Tony, here's the here's the problem with an accident. They're only required to pay you what your car is worth.
Speaker 7: How many miles on your car?
Speaker 14: I got like two hundred and thirty thousand on it?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Oh my god, it was.
Speaker 14: It was fine you buffers, greg a back door wasn't smashed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, but yeah, but it has a finite value. Bro, if you were to sell it, how much would you have gotten for it? If you sold it, how much would you have gotten for it?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 14: By about fifte.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you're being honest.
Speaker 6: Hold on, and let's see if there's any back door here with going after the guy in the truck. I'm Tom Martine and we'll get John Fuller on right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I want to bring up John Fuller, who is our personal injury expert. But since he handles so many car accidents, I think he knows a lot about who gets what in property damage claims, because in a car accident, many times you have both the property damage itself and then the personal injury. John Fuller, welcome, Hey, listen. Here's what Tony is driving along. A truck hits a car behind Tony. Then that car hits Tony. Then Tony hits the car in front of him. Yep, everyone's going after the truck that caused it. The truck that hit the car behind Tony. Right that car hit Tony, Tony hit the car in front of him. The bad guy is the truck. The bad guy's insurance company says, we don't have enough money to go around, So you take what you get, and for your two thousand and four Nissan Exterra, we're going to give you what it's worth, and it is worth about fifteen hundred.
Speaker 7: He's upset about it.
Speaker 6: But is that the way it works? What happens when there's not enough to go around?
Speaker 19: Well, I mean, I mean, listen, insurance doesn't cap the amount of damages, but it may cap the amount that you can recover. And so by that, I mean, you know, the guy is free to buy. He can buy as little as the state requires for insurance coverage, but he's still responsible for all the damage that he does. But you're just not going to be able to use his insurance to collect the full amount of your damages. So you may have to go and actually sue him directly in small claims court, or you know, or take your hits or if you have full coverage. That's when people use their own insurance companies. And I understand that's not the case here, but those are really your options. Your damages don't stop with the available coverage, but your ability to collect may.
Speaker 7: It's a very important part.
Speaker 6: Tony John is saying, let's just say you had a really expensive car and your loss was thirty thousand dollars. Just because the guy doesn't have enough insurance doesn't mean he's not responsible. He could still be responsible for it, but collecting it's going to be very difficult, whereas if he has insurance, it's easier to collect. In your case, though, I think it's a moot point, Tony.
Speaker 7: And here's why.
Speaker 6: Even if you sue that guy directly in small claims court and correct me if I'm wrong, John Fuller, even if he goes directly after the truck driver and he says, you hit the car behind me, that car hit me.
Speaker 7: Now I don't have a car anymore.
Speaker 6: He doesn't have to pay a penny more than that car's worth, Isn't that right?
Speaker 19: Absolutely, your damages are the value that you've been deprived of here, and that's going to be the fair market value of that car about two seconds before he hit it. So yeah, if it's fifteen hundred, it doesn't matter how egregious, how bad, how much of a jerk the guy was, or how little or how much insurance he had the value of your car. What's going to take to make you whole is going to be that fifteen hundred.
Speaker 6: Okay, I have another question, and this is a weird question, but I'm hoping you can answer it.
Speaker 13: John.
Speaker 6: So we have the truck, the car that hit Tony Tony, and the car Tony hit.
Speaker 7: We have four vehicles.
Speaker 6: Now we have three vehicles that were damaged by the fourth one. How do they apportion the loss? Is there a priority number? For example? Does the guy at the head of the line get the first?
Speaker 7: How do they work that?
Speaker 19: Well, Tom, there's no rule that applies here to dictate who gets to go first. It's a matter of the insurance company saying, look, we owe a duty to protect this guy. There's a finite number of dollars that we can apply to this claim. We're going to offer it up. The only really mechanism there is to apportion that dollar is to go to court and have a judge decide. But that costs money, and so many times the insurance company will say, look, we're going to tender the entirety of the limits. We have a case right now where five people are injured and there's only fifty thousand dollars of coverage between the five. There's not going to be any more coverage. You're going to have to divide it some way. Either you can decide, we can go to a mediation and let somebody help us decide, or we can just throw it into the court and something called a declaratory action and inturpleat or deposit that money in the court and let the judge figure it out. So that's really your choice. The second and third option costs money, and so in an area where you don't really have a lot of dollars to begin with, your better course of action and it's just to decide amongst yourselves how to reasonably apportion that money.
Speaker 7: So, Tony, one thing I want to leave you with is the loss.
Speaker 6: If your exterra is worth fifteen hundred, you're not going to get more money going to small claims court.
Speaker 12: Okay, that's correct.
Speaker 7: You may as well take the money.
Speaker 6: You may as well just take the money if truly that's what it's worth.
Speaker 7: There's no sense fighting it.
Speaker 14: Okay, all right, now to make sure they were.
Speaker 6: If now now, wait, you want to make sure they're being fair. Remember what I just said, if that's what your car is worth. I don't know what your car is worth, but you said if you were to sell it, it would have been sold for about fifteen hundred, and you know you have two two hundred and thirty thousand miles on the damn thing.
Speaker 7: I mean, Tony, Sorry this.
Speaker 6: Happened to you, but I don't think they owe you more than it's worth, you know. John Fuller, By the way, I can talk to you about injuries if you ever have one like this, if there was an injury involved, or any other kind of a case. John, I have a queer question that happened on this show. It was such a weird problem and I want to ask you about it.
Speaker 7: Honest to God, this happened. This, honest to God happened.
Speaker 6: Okay, this guy was at home and his old truck was parked in front of his house.
Speaker 7: You got the picture, Yep.
Speaker 6: Some driver swerves into his truck and wrecks it. Now it's an old piece of crap truck, but it was his transportation. They said to him, we're gonna give you seven hundred dollars for that truck, and he said, I can't afford to be without that truck. I want to fix it. It was sideswiped, but because it was so old, they offered him like seven or eight hundred bucks. When he negotiated with the insurance company and said, but I want to keep the truck and fix it.
Speaker 7: Here's what they said to him.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's going to cost you to keep it about seven or eight hundred. So here's what we're going to do. You get to keep your wrecked truck. I mean, it was the weirdest situation I have ever encountered on this show. He's at home mining his own business, his truck is wrecked, and in essence, the insurance company said, we got good news for you, Joe. You get to keep your truck.
Speaker 19: Yeah. That's really an odd ball situation. I've heard you tell that story before, and the only thing I can imagine is that that truck was so depreciated that there was zero difference between the wholesale value of the truck and the retail value.
Speaker 21: It was just that old and that much of a of a you know pos that just wasn't yeah, had no additional value above the junk value, basically, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I told the guy, you go to small claims court, and I'll bet you that a judge would never let that happen.
Speaker 7: If you say, hey, I just need a few bucks to.
Speaker 6: Get yeah, yeah, So, John, what I want to know is what's the most common question you get when someone calls you with a personal injury Not about their car, but what's the most common question you get.
Speaker 19: Yeah, So the most common thing is that people just don't know when they really need to call a personal injury attorney and they most of them are just kind of inclined to try to handle it themselves for a.
Speaker 22: Little while, and then they kind of get over their head, and then they get really over their head, and by the time they call us, a number of things have happened which will materially affect the outcome at the end of the case. And so my advice to people is we are able to create the environment that lends itself to the best outcome the earlier we get involved. And so I'm talking about right after the accident, when critical decisions are being made about how to apply your medical benefits, your medpay, your copas, deductibles, all those things will have an impact on the bottom line. Give us a call when those decisions are being made. We can get involved right away and definitely make a great income, are a great impact in the end, and.
Speaker 6: It doesn't be you know, you don't charge more depending on when you get involved, or charge less depending on when you get involved.
Speaker 19: No, it's exactly the same fee. It's just that the outcome tends to be so much better the earlier you get us involved, So it's kind of the reciprocal. The laquer we get involved, the less you're gonna get, which effectively, I guess makes the see more.
Speaker 12: But it doesn't.
Speaker 19: It's yeah, it's actually the same scene no matter when we get involved.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 6: John Fuller, by the way, can be reached at three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred five nine seven four five zero zero more.
Speaker 7: Coming right up.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 6: Hi, Tom Artino here three zero three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. Michael Mallley's with us from Petrolley Roofing, and I want to tell people right now listening how to get a BMW I eight. They're gonna do Petrolley's great big give back and they do it every year.
Speaker 7: They do it every year or do you do it once a year? Right? Okay, so let's talk about the big give back.
Speaker 6: This is a BMW I eight, Yes, sir, And what do people.
Speaker 7: Have to do? Listen?
Speaker 6: People, you could be one of the people who win this. What do they have to do to win this?
Speaker 23: Yes, So if you're one of our customers, or if you refer someone who becomes one of our customers, you're automatically entered and then throughout the year.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, so just being a customer, their names entered.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 23: Last year, the pool was four hundred and fifty people that we had as customers and then I think three under people that had referred. So, uh, we gave away a what did we give away last year?
Speaker 2: It was beautiful? Was it a truck?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 23: It was a Oh it was a Ford Bronco one of the uh, all those those Ford Bronco yeah, it was fantastic and uh yeah, so one it was actually the very last customer that met the deadline.
Speaker 7: Uh one got all named Jenny.
Speaker 23: She she had worked at waffle house her whole her whole life. She was a single grandmother, and she needed a new car to uh to tote her grandkids around in.
Speaker 7: So cool.
Speaker 2: It's always fun when somebody like that wins.
Speaker 7: Now, the I eight is a hot car, isn't it.
Speaker 23: Oh it's so fast. Yeah, we were just rewatching Mission Impossible. It was highlighted in Mission Impossible number four. You know, Mission Impossible has a a thing with BMW and so they highlighted the I eight.
Speaker 7: It was I mean, that is one hell of a car. Yeah, am I that doesn't have golding doors? Does it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Insured does?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: Come on, man, beautiful? Yeah, come on, this is one hell of a car.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 23: So we're giving it away now. The alternate is someone could take a fifty thousand dollars cash prize if they prefer so, if they win the car but they don't want to deal with taxes, registration, that kind of thing, they could take the cash prize and I'll be forced to drive it around a little bit longer, poor me, but.
Speaker 7: It would what do these If somebody was to.
Speaker 6: Buy an I eight brand spanking new, what would it cost?
Speaker 23: It was one hundred and fifty new right now it goes for eighty five. Oh my god, ninety depending?
Speaker 7: Oh my god? Is that a beautiful car?
Speaker 2: Hole fun give it away?
Speaker 7: Is that an all wheel drive?
Speaker 15: It is?
Speaker 23: Yeah, So if you put it in sport mode, it's got the two electric motors on the on the front door, and then it's got the combustion engine on the back, so it's a hybrid, which you're getting great gas mileage.
Speaker 7: What is the horsepower?
Speaker 2: Tom, Now you're out of Oh my.
Speaker 7: God, this is a beautiful This is like a Lambeau almost. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You drive up and you don't feel embarrassed.
Speaker 23: When there was a McLaren that drove Was that a car shown next to us and you know you don't feel embarrassed next to it?
Speaker 7: Go Lee, I'd ever realized they were so beautiful. So when do you give it away?
Speaker 23: June twenty eighth, we're putting on an event down in the Springs to unveil the winner. It'll be a free event for the community where they could come out. They'll do free minuture golf, we'll have free food.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, so June twenty eighth.
Speaker 6: So until that time, you said you either have to be a customer or refer a customer.
Speaker 7: What does referring a customer mean?
Speaker 23: So let's say you did a roof with us, and you knew we did a great job, and you know your neighbor needs a roof, so you refer them and they sign a contract.
Speaker 2: You get a second.
Speaker 23: Entry into the into the giveaway, and your neighbor would get a chance to win it too.
Speaker 2: So maybe you could borrow the car from them if they.
Speaker 6: So wait a minute, So what if I just heard about Patrol, I like Petrolley, I heard some good stuff about him, and I refer you to someone, but I'm not a customer.
Speaker 23: Yeah, then you, but if that person signs a contract with us, then you automatically are entered.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 7: Do you ask then people who referred you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we try to get that down.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 23: We we give anybody who refers us a two hundred fifty dollars referral. Thank you, just no matter what. Yeah, you know, our cost of customer acquisition is generally two hundred fifty dollars to acquire a new customer, right of course in advertising, right, so if if we have people that are referring us, that's the warmest lead we'll ever get, and so we want to say thank you and not right.
Speaker 2: It just makes sense to me.
Speaker 6: So not only do you get a two hundred and fifty dollars referral fee, but you get entered to win this I eight.
Speaker 7: Holy crap, that I eight is beautiful. What color is it?
Speaker 2: It's white? It's that one that you're looking at right there.
Speaker 15: God.
Speaker 23: Yeah, the second preate the place winner because we're giving away two cars this year.
Speaker 2: The second place winners.
Speaker 23: Uh gets a twenty twenty four four runner, the TRD pro.
Speaker 7: Let's get it, wrote to me twenty twenty four for runner.
Speaker 2: Wow, it makes me makes me want to wish I had a rule.
Speaker 6: Well, now if Dimitri, if Dmitri refers three customers, does he get three entries?
Speaker 2: Entries?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Oh really, I'm gonna start driving around after hailstorms, right and pass out your business card.
Speaker 23: It's going to be a side money hustle for him because he's going to get the two hundred and fifty dollars referral fee.
Speaker 6: Hold on, no, no, this is really people. This is really important. The trolley roofings in Colorado Springs. All you have to do is refer someone and have them put you down as a referral, and then that person becomes eligible to win as well as.
Speaker 7: Well as you.
Speaker 6: And the more people you refer, the more entries you get. And they only had four hundred and fifty en fees last year. That's an incredible odds of winning. Can you imagine one in four hundred win an I eight?
Speaker 7: Come on, man, a fore Runner?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I want? You want the fore Runner.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, if they were side by side, don't tell me you would take the.
Speaker 7: Fore Runner first. No, I take the other one to.
Speaker 6: Sell it and then by proceeds and.
Speaker 2: Pay my taxes.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Wait, so there is a second prize.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's the fore Runner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the fore Runner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, holy crap.
Speaker 23: Okay, now see I always wanted to win a car, and maybe I can't do it, but I can make it a dream for somebody else.
Speaker 6: You do this every single year, so every single customer every year has a chance to win a car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gosh, what an opportunity that.
Speaker 7: That is a great idea. I mean, think about that.
Speaker 6: Every year, some customer or a person who refers a customer is going to win a car every year or two the first prize and second prize now second first prize was a Bronco last year.
Speaker 7: What was second prize last year?
Speaker 15: Us?
Speaker 23: What was second prize? No, we only did a first place last year. But this year I felt bad and I wanted to say, no, We're going to do second place prizes from a year on out. So this is our first year doing the second place prize.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 6: Anyway, then there's something else, and this is really important. It's a roof giveaway for people in need. Hearts and Hammer's roof giveaway? Is it for people in need? Or can anyone nominate themselves for that?
Speaker 23: Anyone can nominate themselves Tom, But really we go out and we investigate what's going on here, and so like if.
Speaker 7: You want to find someone in need.
Speaker 23: We want someone in need. That's really the heart behind this last year. It was we actually did four roofs last.
Speaker 2: Year and there was a myriad of people.
Speaker 7: One of our.
Speaker 23: Homesteader that you know, she couldn't she'd been doing her own roof and she's seventy years old and she'd hurt her arm doing the roof on her own and he's.
Speaker 7: Doing a roof on her own.
Speaker 2: Seven year old home setting woman. Just a tremendous person.
Speaker 6: All right, so hearts and hammers. We're gonna tell you how to qualify for that coming up. I'm Tom Martine. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 7: And don't forget speaking of roofing.
Speaker 6: Make sure you have proper insurance in place, or you're not paying too much, or maybe you don't have enough insurance, or you have too much insurance. A free insurance checkup the Insurance Health Center dot com three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show three ZO three, seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five David, what's going on with your car repair man?
Speaker 7: What's happening?
Speaker 15: Hi? Tom? Yeah, I need to get shape. I was thought I need to get shocks and struts due to the rare shocks or leaking or seeping.
Speaker 12: And I was.
Speaker 6: Quoted up now sometimes now how many miles on your twenty twelve view at Lacrosse fifty five?
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound to me like what that's a nice car, Tom?
Speaker 16: Does it have the three point six leader GM engine in it?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's a premium two six cylinder, a three point yeah, three point six.
Speaker 2: That's a rock solid car.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: So what's your question about the rear show?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, I think here's my first gut when he was told they were leaking, they're lying to them. That's my first gut feeling.
Speaker 2: It's an easy one to check in to check out.
Speaker 16: You go under the car with a flashlight and see if the shock absorber is wet with oil?
Speaker 7: Did you do it? Did you check it out?
Speaker 15: I did not. They sent me pictures of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course they did, because they have an oil can.
Speaker 2: Oh, Tom, it depends on where he took the car.
Speaker 7: No, I know, I know. Listen, David. All I'm saying is this now.
Speaker 6: Listen, I don't want to cast a shadow on where you took the car because it's probably they're probably not lying to you. But that's the first gut reaction I had, because that's one of the most common scams when you're on the road that people do to you. They tell you your struts are leaking, and they have an oil can or a grease can and they spray it around there and show you. So here's what I want to ask you. Do you trust the people that diagnosed it?
Speaker 15: I think idea, yes.
Speaker 7: Can you tell me who it was Chase Automotive?
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't know who they are, so that's not a big chain, that's a private shot.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 6: So okay, so what's your questions?
Speaker 15: Well, they want to charge two I think that's pretty high.
Speaker 7: Oh, wait for how many.
Speaker 15: All of them struts and shocks? Four of them?
Speaker 6: That might not be if you're talking about eight pieces, four and four four struts, four shocks. Did they come as a unit?
Speaker 16: They could, So there's a thing called quickstrut. When you that's that's where they're pre assembled from a non OEM supply.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kachina, can you get Kevin Kalkin on suck Let's bring you back.
Speaker 7: David.
Speaker 6: I want to get our expert on to talk about this and he'll give you some good ideas on prices. And uh, if Kevin's not around, let's try Jeff Vic Camera transmission.
Speaker 7: I'm Tom Martinez.
Speaker 6: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three O three seven one three eight two five five, and we'll find out if this guy's being put together or not. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped what News ned.
Speaker 4: Advice so you don't have.
Speaker 11: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 24: Shooter's gonna help come man Dix.
Speaker 5: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 7: I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: This is the Troubleshooter Show, where we attempt to make your life a little easier by solving your problems, answering questions, taking complaints on any and all things. David called, and uh, we left off with him. We'll get right to him. Anything you have, give us a call three oh three seven one three talk while we're on the air here seven one three A two five five. You can also call three oh three Martino and that works twenty four to seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Kaennatione Home Solutions has painting pros available now. So a sixty five year old company now offering painting. You can depend on Khwindows dot com. All right, David said he has a twenty twelve Buick Lacrosse, a beautiful car.
Speaker 7: Not that many miles on it, Kevin.
Speaker 6: He was told that he needs new shocks and struts. Now, David, didn't you say around fifty thousand miles on this car?
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's about right.
Speaker 6: It's a two thousand, a two thousand. Listen to this, Kevin, a twenty twelve with about fifty thousand miles on.
Speaker 13: It, not a lot.
Speaker 7: That's low, that's truely, And what.
Speaker 6: Are the chances he needs shocks and struts?
Speaker 8: It's likely with the age, you know, because the suspension is holding the car up the whole time. It's even if it's not moving. So yeah, that's about right.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: The price he was given for shocks and struts all the way around on a twenty twelve Buick Lacrosse is how much David?
Speaker 15: Two four hundred not including a line?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 8: Now is that electronic suspension or just standard you.
Speaker 15: Know, electronic?
Speaker 7: Did he say too?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 8: It is electronic? Yeah, that's about right, it is. It is more expensive for the electronic suspension, it is.
Speaker 6: Okay, what does an electronic suspension mean?
Speaker 8: It meters things differently as opposed to a conventional strut, which is just hydraulic. The electronic can actually adjust suspension for different situations, in different conditions, So it is it's much more advanced, and it is more expensive.
Speaker 6: Talk to around twenty four hundred bucks, and then how much is the alignment going to cost?
Speaker 7: David?
Speaker 15: It's like a hundred bucks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they that but yeah, even if they don't. Yeah, but that's that's not a bad price. I mean, twenty five hundred's a lot of money, but that's that's what it costs for those Okay.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, Yeah, Well at least you have some good information to go on. So, David, I might have been wrong here with them trying to put you together on this. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think they're pretty you want to sayd.
Speaker 16: He Kevin, Can I assume if the electronic suspension was an option on this automobile, doesn't it have mounting provisions for a standard analog suspension?
Speaker 2: Have you have you a possibility to swamp in a standard I have not.
Speaker 8: Found a good conversion for those. There's a lot of the air suspension you can convert to hydraulic, but the electric is different, so there really is no good conversion. Yeah.
Speaker 16: And Kevin, in my position on the car in general was it's got a solid GM thirty six hundred engine. Is that that's known to be just the real workhorse, isn't it.
Speaker 8: They've had some issues with them, but it's not a bad motor.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't call it a workhorse, but it's it's it's a good motor.
Speaker 16: Yeah, with fifty thousand miles, that might be worth the investment.
Speaker 8: Oh heck yeah, in the suspension, I wouldn't see an issue with it. But even the hydra if he if he had a straight hydraulic, it'd be only about seven hundred less. So it's not it's not like it's three times the price or anything. It's just, you know, it's just a little more labor with the electronic ones.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kevin, I appreciate you coming on and if somebody has questions on stuff like this, is this one of the things you can do with a quick drive by or is this something you need to dig into when it comes to shocks and struggle.
Speaker 8: You're absolutely right. It's a quick inspection. We don't charge with those, and we'll give him advice. Advice is always free.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you guys that.
Speaker 6: I want people to know that they can call you or drive by for quick inspections. Courtesy of Shardan Autotech dot Com. Thank you, Kevin, three O three. He can be reached at three oh three four five five seventy two forty two. Three oh three four five five seventy two forty two. All right, did you guys know that right now? Twenty five percent of all employers are dropping the requirement for a college education.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: They're dropping the requirement altogether.
Speaker 6: So by year's end, there will be twenty five percent less companies looking for diplomas from college. Some of the reasons they give, now listen to this. They feel some college graduates are expecting too much because they have a college diploma, yet ninety nine percent of the job is learned on the job, not from their college, and their college had little or nothing to do with their success. Can you imagine going to college, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, then being told by your job, you know this is doing.
Speaker 7: You no good? Think about that. This is doing you absolutely no good.
Speaker 18: And Tom, I think the because colleges have gotten away from education and substituted indoctrination. So they're coming out as these woke college graduates, and people don't want to hear that. They want people who are willing to work and who have an open mind and not a woke mindset.
Speaker 7: Now listen to this.
Speaker 6: Hiring managers, Seven of ten hiring managers say that they rather see relevant experience over a bachelor's degree every single time. Some of the areas dropping bachelor's degrees, they well, they range from white collar jobs to boot collar jobs.
Speaker 7: But they say, if.
Speaker 6: You can find a trade school and get certificates, even when it comes to computer stuff like networking and all of that, that is going to serve you better than a college degree. And you know, for the first time in years, college enrollment all around is down.
Speaker 7: Did you know that so expensive?
Speaker 6: So among employers that eliminated degree requirements, two thirds did it for entry level roles.
Speaker 7: You got about.
Speaker 6: Fifty four percent of them that erased the need for mid level roles, and twenty three percent of all companies now have taken away the requirement for a college degree at a senior level. Now they say that there's nothing wrong or harmful about a bachelor's degree, but they're not putting that much weight on it anymore. They say that gen Z employees now again they only go up to twenty six years old.
Speaker 7: They're still really new.
Speaker 6: Should prioritize getting entry level jobs to gain experience over a degree.
Speaker 7: Many gen Z people.
Speaker 6: Are foregoing basic jobs with experience looking for higher level jobs, ending up with menial jobs in between, so they waste time being waiters or wait. People, they waste time looking for the big job when they could have gotten an intermediatory job to gain experience that would have gotten them a six figure and salary quicker than what they're doing.
Speaker 7: So they're looking for the six figure.
Speaker 6: Salary right out of college as opposed to be willing to work for less to gain experience. So the message these hiring managers have is get an intermediary job and gain experience. Experience will speak louder than your college degree when it comes to getting more money in the future. If you put off your career being a wait person, an uber driver, or you know, like food delivery, you're not helping yourself by waiting for the ultimate job. Ultimate jobs normally come after the experience is gained. So if that's the lesson for all of us, that's the lesson for all of us. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I just think here's what I think. People I think have lost. They want everything now. They don't even have a concept of waiting. Jim, what is your comment on college degrees?
Speaker 25: Go ahead, Jim, Well, Tom, I've got a degree in soft engineering and spent forty years doing working in pro and so forth, and I can say that, yes, just two semesters of programming in college covered everything that I was allowed to do. Computer science played nothing, no role whatsoever in the business programming that I was doing, and I made good money.
Speaker 6: So okay, So I want to ask you, are there programs that just concentrate on what you said?
Speaker 7: Did you good?
Speaker 6: In other words, can you go and just learn that particular kind of work that you said, did you like? Like you said there were certain coding classes that those are the only ones you actually used, right, Yeah, are are there schools that offer Are there schools that offer just those programs?
Speaker 10: You know, I'm not looked at that, but I would say a college that just offered the computer science part, you know, the first two year, two or three years of it of right, which is about probably a dozen courses, would serve you well.
Speaker 13: Yeah, computer science.
Speaker 10: And okay, thanks Jim, something like you bet doculare no.
Speaker 7: I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: See, so Jim says, very rarely did he use or actually he didn't use any of his education other than the basic computer science. You know, there's a guy working in the field telling you that. But I think the world is finally coming around to saying, you know what, let's look for the quality in the experience, and let's look for people who know what they're doing as opposed to people who simply have a degree.
Speaker 7: Hey degrees.
Speaker 18: How about a community college where it's only two years that you can get that experience and not have to waste another two years.
Speaker 7: That don't mean anything, that's true.
Speaker 6: I was talking to an count the other day that said that when it comes to accounting, that you don't need a bachelor's degree. If you get basics in accounting and booeping, they can put you to work faster, making more money than somebody.
Speaker 7: Out of school with a bachelor's degree.
Speaker 6: We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three O three seven, one, three eight two five y five. Genesis Total Exteriors also does basements, baths and kitchens and mold detection and remediation. Genesis tootalexteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 7: Help.
Speaker 6: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: Kid, though you never get around.
Speaker 6: Hi Tom Martino, here, let's talk about a possible fraud, or at least that's what Damien says. Damien, pray, tell what's going on?
Speaker 7: What's this possible fraud?
Speaker 1: I look, I can get some documents. Leo a friend of Mountain, and that says I have lawsuits or something like that.
Speaker 7: And does anyone understand him? I don't understand him. I'm sorry. Go ahead, what were you What do you hear?
Speaker 26: Man?
Speaker 13: Go off?
Speaker 7: Okay, hold on, man, hold on, hold on? What did you hear him say?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 16: If I understood you correctly, sir, you said you got some mail from your friend and this male is advising you of some lawsuits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got the mail from uh yeah, and it was talking about it is right here I.
Speaker 27: Got was it?
Speaker 7: Tell me this? Was it? Was it email or was it a regular letter?
Speaker 1: It was a regular doctor.
Speaker 6: It was a regular letter, okay, And who was it from?
Speaker 7: Who is it from?
Speaker 1: He says social Security?
Speaker 7: And what does it say?
Speaker 1: Social services? So it says let's see, uh she was it?
Speaker 13: Said?
Speaker 27: Hey, Damien Security, I got this to my father. He said, social Security Administration. Okay, God, social Security Administration, Retirement survivors and disability insurance.
Speaker 7: What about it? What does the letter say?
Speaker 1: We said, dear Damien, an internet An Internet application for Social Security benefits was completed for you by a third party on March eighteenth, twenty twenty five. Restored the sistimation and our records and mails the application for you to review sign and retirement. Well, not yet received a sign application. If you wish to foul for benefits, please let me see return and sign application to the address at the top of this letter once we receive this.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me ask you something, Damien, Damien, did you fill out an application for benefits?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: Why do you have a disability? Or are you sixty six?
Speaker 1: Not a disability? I got my arm?
Speaker 15: Well, well, mussy, how did that happen?
Speaker 1: Uhs by.
Speaker 8: Such?
Speaker 7: How do you do it? Frostbite? Wow?
Speaker 6: So, Damien, you applied for Social Security and they said you have to sign the application.
Speaker 7: Is that correct?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 7: I why do you think?
Speaker 6: Why do you think it's a scam?
Speaker 1: But you may want to think it's a scam because I'm not a third party. I mean, I'm signed my own.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 6: You went online, You went online and you filled it out and you signed it.
Speaker 7: And they came on and said that a third party did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what this paper paper, the paper autoament said I didn't find it, which I did with SoC Security. And then when I called the Social Security Administration that the number they gave me, uh uh, they give me this and it doesn't it doesn't don't even go through as a Social Security number.
Speaker 7: Oh really, I wonder how they got your name and number. So wait a minute.
Speaker 6: That number on the letter does not go through to Social Security.
Speaker 1: It's just even on my channel because my phone is weird and sometimes people will pick it come on, and it doesn't. It's not it's not right. I mean, I like talking to okay, and and and and it's face to face.
Speaker 6: Well, Damien, Damien, you're you are talking to me right now, so we can we can trust it.
Speaker 7: There is there a way you can send us a copy.
Speaker 1: Of that letter, I guess on my phone. Uh send it to uh?
Speaker 7: Okay, hold on, I got more. No no, no, no, no, but you but you can forward it? Can you forward it to us?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I can just yeah, I can screenshot it on my phone, I guess, and they'll send it to.
Speaker 13: You to there like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on a second, Yeah, I try to do that. Hey, Kachina, will you give him our email address? I want to see the letter to see what he's talking about. My suspicion is that he did fill it out online and he must have checked a box or did it differently, and they are confusing it with the third party, and they're saying, now you have to sign it because the third party can't sign it. And the reason I think it's legit is because it was mailed to his home. But he says the number doesn't work. We'll check it out for him. Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three two five five?
Speaker 7: What mark?
Speaker 13: Wait? Wait? Wait?
Speaker 7: Wait what dot?
Speaker 15: Say?
Speaker 7: What's the number?
Speaker 2: I'll call it right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's do it off the air. Hold on talking to him right now. Let's do it right off the air. All right, we'll get that number renew Home Innovations will do beautiful shower conversions from your old tub shower combo and they put up solid porcelain walls that are beautiful. Their Veneer walls looks like solid porcelain. No maintenance ever. They do it in two or three days with months to pay. That's renew Home Innovations dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. Hey, welcome, How are you doing? Scott wants to talk about JDI windows. This is a company that sells Anderson windows.
Speaker 7: I believe what's going on with you?
Speaker 13: They're actually Simonson windows that they used.
Speaker 6: Oh they are okay, I'm sorry, yeah, anyway, they seem to have great ratings, Scott, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm getting a bunch of noise after they've replaced all my windows where I can hear like planes going overhead. I've never heard planes before. Also I can hear traffic like I'm a couple miles away from the freeway and.
Speaker 7: Before really, what kind of windows did you have before?
Speaker 13: They were just builder grade windows?
Speaker 7: Really? And you what did you have put in Symington?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Daylight?
Speaker 7: And when did you have it done?
Speaker 13: I had it done last year in July into July.
Speaker 7: What do they say about that?
Speaker 13: They're trying to say it's just my best, like from the walls and things like that.
Speaker 6: Well, where do you think the noise is coming from from the windows? What kind of window glass is it? Is it triple campaign?
Speaker 7: Double? What is it?
Speaker 13: It's double pain?
Speaker 7: And what are they vinyl? Or they would vinyl? Okay?
Speaker 6: And they said that they believe it's not coming from the windows.
Speaker 13: Correct, It's coming through the walls, you know, like inflations settling for time, And.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think that's it. Let me ask you something though, Scott, if you can try to remember how much noisier is it?
Speaker 13: Well, it's bad enough that my wife can't even be on a phone call when they're turming, like the neighbors across the street with the weed eater. What. Yes, And the windows are not open, they're closed.
Speaker 7: Have you ever had somebody come over and look and listen?
Speaker 13: Well I have, but they didn't want to really get involved.
Speaker 6: Who was it that came over? They did want to get involved. I don't mean the name. Was it a friend of yours or was it another company?
Speaker 13: Another company?
Speaker 7: Well? What did they say about it?
Speaker 13: Well, they think it's their guest. Best guess was that they didn't install them correctly because I went round with them first when they replaced the windows where they made a mess out of my window like the realm where they cut them out and stuff, and they didn't fall movie, Yeah, they didn't. From the windows. They just put cocking here. There's you know, they're thing that there's like an inch. It's pretty tight. The windows are pretty tight.
Speaker 6: But so you think truly it has to do with the way they installed it. And did the did that other company think that too?
Speaker 13: Uh? In so many words, yes, Well, you're going.
Speaker 6: To need to get an expert before we can help you. We're going to need an expert who's willing to say it. I mean, we can give you the names of some of our experts, but you need someone to go and look at him now off the bat. Who I would recommend is Genesis. Where are you in town? Like in general?
Speaker 13: What area I'm inter REATA.
Speaker 6: You might want to call Mark over at Genesis Total Exteriors and tell him I told you to call.
Speaker 7: Just see if he'll come out.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 6: If he won't call us back, but I want to hear from one of our experts that I know and trust, I'm going to give you his number, okay, Genesis Total Exteriors three oh three six seven nine eight five zero nine okay. And then we also have K and H. Holmes Solutions and others. But I want to start with Mark to see what he thinks about that installation. And he's a good guy, he'll do it. Give him a call and let us know. Now we have a very strange situation. I want to get Joe Lazara up quickly. He's a very busy man. He's a criminal defense attorney, and we use Joe for information on all kinds of self crime related.
Speaker 7: Joe Lazara L A. Z.
Speaker 6: Z a Ar Joe, thank you so much for being here. I've never heard of a situation like this, and I'm going to sum it up.
Speaker 7: First, Dara son.
Speaker 6: Lived with her and the neighbor and the son had an argument and it was pretty nasty, and then.
Speaker 7: A restraining order was put on the sun.
Speaker 6: Okay, now this so for the last three years there has been a restraining order on the Sun and he can't live there anymore. Have you ever heard of a restraining order displacing someone from their home.
Speaker 8: No, And are we talking.
Speaker 24: About a civil or I'm assuming it's a civil protection order?
Speaker 7: Well, what's the difference.
Speaker 6: What do you mean, what's the difference between civil and criminal protection order?
Speaker 24: So criminal there would be a pending criminal case, assuming there's no criminal pencil case and the name. If the neighbor got a protection order, obviously he should have been served, had a right to contest it, or at least to argue the restrictions of it. Assuming that it is a blanket protection order, I can't see how prohibit him from returning home or living there. It just might simply say hey, you got to keep your distance, or keep fifty feet or one hundred feet, or think.
Speaker 13: To that effect.
Speaker 10: Darah, can you hear.
Speaker 7: Me, Darren, Darah, you hear me not very well?
Speaker 9: You hear me.
Speaker 7: Not very well?
Speaker 6: Uh oh, Okay, was your son told he could not live there?
Speaker 26: What was my son's What.
Speaker 6: Was your son told he could not live there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 28: He cannot come to get some within one hundred feet of my house, of her house, which is right next door.
Speaker 7: But he was living there up till this time. He Yeah.
Speaker 6: But Darren, before the protection order, before the protection order, had he lived with you in that house?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 28: For ten years?
Speaker 6: Okay, Joe, he had lived there for ten years. This sounds way, This sounds crazy to me that they says he can no longer come home.
Speaker 13: I agree.
Speaker 24: There's either some confusion or yeah, this is an inappropriate order because it can't prohibit him from returning or living in his own house.
Speaker 6: All they would say is you can't have contact with the neighbor. Listen, dar I don't think you're Darren. You guys didn't fight it properly. A judge is going to grant him permission to live at home.
Speaker 28: I don't have the money for an expensive attorney, and she has an attorney, and we are just getting jerked around and we aren't able to tell our story at all. And it's just it's just so upsetting that my son living one hundred yards in the parking lot down the street from my house, and this woman is hardly ever home. She's right now, she's been gone for three.
Speaker 6: Weeks, and hey, Joe, would she have to What do they have to do to modify that motion? Do they have to get do they have to file emotion?
Speaker 24: I think so? I think he can file a motion. I mean, my first thing would be I would call the other attorney, talk to him, and then file the appropriate motion. Get them protection order modified to allow him to return home. Obviously, they have to keep their distance.
Speaker 28: They said, no, we can't even I have to say this. They said, we can't even approach to go back to court for another two years.
Speaker 13: And I'm a lady.
Speaker 28: I feel like I'm getting kicked out of my house.
Speaker 6: So my Okay, Darren, my family, Dara, here's what we're going to do. We can't rely on your own understanding. Here's what we need to do. We need to get a copy of a protection order. Okay, mm hmm, yep, do you have a copy of it?
Speaker 28: I was gonna go down to the courthouse today to get another copy of that, because I think I just got rid of all this negative stuff out of my house, all right.
Speaker 3: Really upsetting.
Speaker 6: I understand, we have to take this one step at a time. I want you to go get a copy of this protection order and we're gonna let Joe Lazara read it. Joe, if you had a case number, would you be able to pull it or not?
Speaker 8: Oh, we may be so.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean criminal, absolutely, but I would I would think so on this one.
Speaker 6: But this sounds like civil to me. Yeah, she gets me a case, Dara, was your son? Was your son ever arrested on this case?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 28: He was arrested when he came home to our house and we didn't even know that he couldn't come home. He was my son suffers from bipolar and when this all happened in Yelling, he was like an a mannic and the neighbor was really exasperating it by filming us, filming the whole thing and just made things worse. And now he has been home in three years.
Speaker 26: He's been living in a.
Speaker 28: Car and in the in the winter time when it was zero degrees in February March. I'm you know he's not the neighbor's not even home and he's suffering.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, hold on, hold on, I gotta take a break. I gotta take a break. I gotta take a break. Kashina, get Dari's information, get the case number. Have her send us a copy of the order. We'll send it to Joe Lazara. That's Lazara l A z Zar A Lazara Legal dot com. You can find him at referralss dot com and he always does free initial consultations and flat ray pricing. Three oh three four two nine sixty two hundred. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: Hi Tom Martino here, so have.
Speaker 6: You looked up the BMW I eight with goaling doors looks like a Lamborghini or actually has a little backseat. It's wonderful. It's a beautiful car. Petrolley's great big give back. They're going to be giving away this car in June. All you have to do to qualify is either be a customer. You don't have to enter anything, you just have to be a customer or refer a customer. The more customers you refer that actually become customers, the more entries you have.
Speaker 7: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Now, Michael Mally's with us from Trolley Roofing out of the out of Colorado Springs and he wants to talk about hearts and hammers roof giveaway. Now, this is a free roof. They want somebody in need. So I mean, I guess you could call and nominate somebody who's not in need, or you could nominate yourself if you're not truly in need. But we're going to tell you this. The contest is going to be need based. So they're going to pick a deserving candidate, like someone who might be out of work, a first responder, a veteran, somebody who a widow with children, How do they enter, Michael Mallley, how did they enter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could enter on our website.
Speaker 23: They could call in and our ladies in the office will help him.
Speaker 6: Okay, And so the website is Petrolleyroofing dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 12: Ript News.
Speaker 1: You don't have.
Speaker 2: Run as fast as you can shoot us going to help coming man.
Speaker 5: He is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 7: Hello, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Three zero three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 7: So we talked to that guy off the air. He called.
Speaker 6: He said he got a letter from Social Security Administration saying a third party filled out an SSDI formed for him online that he needs to sign. He believes it's fraudulent. We think that Damien was a little confused about everything. To be honest with you, he said he had a disability, had his toes cut off. Dude to frostbite. There were there were a lot more problems cooking up in that oven than we could decipher. Deputy Doc talked to him off the air, and Deputy Dog he basically thought we were a part of the conspiracy, right.
Speaker 18: That's correct. He thought we were trying to confuse him and not help him. And I called that number that he gave us. Of course that's not a working number. And he said he was going to send a screenshot of the letter to help by troubleshooter.
Speaker 7: Okay, so we'll see if we get it.
Speaker 18: Well, wait, as soon as we get the letter, I'll follow up on it.
Speaker 6: By the way, SSDI is basically people on disability who get Social Security early and that's what it is, and you can fill it out. It's very difficult to get Most people are turned down the first time. It's almost it's almost a given that you're going to be turned down when it comes to disability. We also had a question about JDI Windows, who installed Simington Vinyl double pane windows in a guy's home and he said he's hearing a lot of noise. I've had other people tell us that it sounds like an installation problem and noises getting in from around the window. JDI Windows, I don't want to throw stones at them. They have a good reputation, really good reviews, So we're going to have an expert go out and look at those.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 6: When it comes to windows, you got three things. You got the house, you got the window unit and how it's built, and then you have the installation. Any one of those components can add or take away from the experience. When I say the house, if your openings are all warped and your house's rickety, any good windows will improve things, but they're not going to cure everything. That's when it comes to windows now. We also had a call from somebody who needed shocks and struts on his twenty twelve Buick Lacrosse. He had about fifty thousand miles on it, but it's a twenty twelve, so we're coming up on what thirteen years and he said is twenty four hundred dollars too much money. We asked our expert, Kevin call Can and shared an autotech and basically, Kevin says, you know what, it's not too much because he has electronic controls on his suspension system. And the way the electronic controls talk to the shocks and struts, it makes it an expensive interface.
Speaker 7: So in fact, you will have more.
Speaker 6: Expense when it comes to installing electronic or electronically controlled struts and shocks. We had another call about an old Extera that was in an accident, and this just brings up a lesson to all of us. When you are in an accident, the other driver who was at fault or their insurance company, either one.
Speaker 7: Owes you what you lost.
Speaker 6: Now we're not talking personal injury right now, we're talking property damage.
Speaker 7: So many people say this.
Speaker 6: To me, tom My car was in perfect condition. It didn't even have a crack in the windshield. I had new tires, and it was the only car I had. And to replace that car is going to cost a lot of money. They don't have to replace that car, They just have to give you the theoretical price it would be to replace that car. In this case, his two thousand and four nissanics Era with two hundred and thirty thousand miles is worth about twelve hundred dollars. They offered him fifteen hundred. Unfortunately, this guy's going to end up with money and no car. It doesn't matter how well you took care of the car. It's worth what it's worth. And that's the sad part about it. Okay, it's worth what it's worth. And that's really the only thing you can do about it.
Speaker 7: Is what can I say?
Speaker 6: You can get what it's worth, not what you think it's worth. We had another call from a guy Tim. I don't know if a deputy d called on this shit or not, but.
Speaker 7: Let me explain the problem.
Speaker 6: In November of twenty twenty four, he said he attended a seminar because he was given free tickets and free this and free that. These timeshare condos give all kinds of conditional prizes away. They're never worth it. And they're not all timeshare condos. Some of them are travel clubs, other than are point systems. Anyway, he wrote a check for eight grand oh my god, or seventy nine ninety five to Moments of Adventure Travel and he's never heard a word since he wrote that check. In November of twenty twenty four, he called us saying he wanted to get his money back time.
Speaker 16: I have a slight correction to what you just said, because I have a copy of the check and it was actually made out to MOA.
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 16: Well, it seems to stand for Minutes of Adventure, but that's not that or yeah, but that's not necessarily the true, right. I mean, you can have an LLC or a bank account for MOA.
Speaker 7: Do you think he was ripped off?
Speaker 26: That?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 2: That's kind of what it smells like.
Speaker 16: The check was depositive in Regent's Bank, and I looked up the bank. It operates in fifteen states in the southern United States. It has thirteen hundred locations. So I haven't been able to find any anything called Moments of Adventure that sells time shares. I did find a travel agency like that, but they don't even have a phone number.
Speaker 2: So Tim and I spoke.
Speaker 16: He had two phone contacts with him, as it turned out, and so one time a lady called him to confirm his reservation and another time they called him looking for another payment. So he is going So Tim is scouring his phone records right now to get me those two phone numbers, and if he does, I'll start calling those two numbers to see who answers the phone and what company they're with. But it doesn't look good because here's here's why I really say this. Had he really signed a contract for a time share, they'd be calling him right now.
Speaker 2: They probably be suing.
Speaker 16: Him right They would be subsequent monthly payments. So somebody called MOA grabbed his check for almost eight thousand bucks and that was the last of it.
Speaker 6: You know, here's what could happen, As Deputy d said, anyone can form an LLC or something called MOA and then they could work for Moments of Adventure and when they see older people or people IFO aren't with it, they can have that person write them a check personally.
Speaker 7: They can cash it and be off.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I can.
Speaker 16: I can pretend that I'm selling time shares for Maria Timeshare Corporation and just tell people to make a check to MTC and deposit them into my own bank account called MTC.
Speaker 7: Unbelievable.
Speaker 6: So anyway, folks, we're working on that as well. And that is one where if you ever first of all, I have a really blanket statement to make, and I defy.
Speaker 7: Anyone to prove me wrong. Time shares are a terrible investment.
Speaker 6: Percent of the time, one hundred percent of the time. They're not an investment at all. You're burning money at best. You're forcing yourself to take a vacation in one spot all the time. And don't believe what you hear about trading points and trading weeks.
Speaker 7: Time shares are terrible.
Speaker 6: The only people who will say they're not are people who are trying to get out of their time share and they don't want to admit they made a mistake.
Speaker 7: Hey, Tom, I got an idea.
Speaker 16: We had another caller about a timeshare a couple of months ago. This is when Mark was hosting the show, and he got one of our experts on the phone. Who's an attorney here in Denver who gets people out of time shares?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: Do you think he's not in Denver, he's in Florida. Oh okay, the Finn Law Firm, Yeah, that's him.
Speaker 16: Do you think we could call mister Finn and see if he's heard of MOA or minutes of that moment a bad ideent?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: In fact, why don't you get the number from Kachina and call him.
Speaker 7: Ok He's a great guy. He's a friend of the show. He helps us a lot.
Speaker 2: What's his first name, something Finn, but she'll.
Speaker 7: Know who I'm I thought it was Michael, but I might.
Speaker 2: I think you're right, Mike. I'll ask Kelly for his phone number.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: And then we had another one, a very unusual one. A woman got in an accident with a two thousand and two Toyota Tacoma and it's total, it's not worth fixing. She wants to sell parts. That's not an entirely bad idea. You can sell parts to use cars. Deputy D is going to help her out there. I spoke with her, and Deputy D had a great idea. If you go to these owners clubs. Almost every vehicle has an owner's club of some kind.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and I participate in the Toyota off road club called the Rising Sun here in Denver. And these guys are crazy, They're nuts. There are a ton of them over there that would love to buy a really nice taco like hers. So she's going to see if they can fix it up. So she and her daughter are going to take some pictures of it for me today. She said that she's just a couple hours away from her home and they're going to send me pictures and I'll circulate them along the Toyota people.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: And then a guy called from an HOA saying, how do we dissolve it?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 7: I bring this up because it's very important.
Speaker 6: If you have an inactive HOA, you better make sure you're not paying a runaway management company.
Speaker 7: That's where members of an HOAD dissolved.
Speaker 6: They're not dissolved, but they stop participating, but the management company was never ly officially never officially fired, so they're actually being paid by the month to do almost nothing.
Speaker 7: It's called a runaway management company.
Speaker 6: The management company then starts having elections and puts out proxies where they can actually vote themselves raises and vote themselves to keep being renewed.
Speaker 7: It's called the runaway management company.
Speaker 6: Be very very very very aware of any HA activity if you're in a community, and make sure that there is someone who is holding the reins.
Speaker 7: On the management company.
Speaker 6: And if you have an inactive HOA not doing that, then you need to get the HOA together and get a meeting together and have the management company account to you everything they're doing. All of these things are really important, and I'm hoping to goodness that you listen. Nick has a comment on windows. Go ahead, Nick, what is your comment?
Speaker 11: Hey Tom? I put in Simonson windows, and I've known about this problem that Simonson had. They're a great window, but there's a problem with the windows that go up and down, the double hunks, especially mainly, I mean pretty much, that's it, the double honk.
Speaker 7: Can you Nick? I want to I want to quiz you on this. If you could, please please please hold on.
Speaker 13: I go.
Speaker 6: I want to quiz you on this, but I have to take a break. I'm Tom Martinez more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martina here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three and two five to five.
Speaker 7: Pick has a comment.
Speaker 6: On windows, Nick really simple? Is this a reminder?
Speaker 7: Nick? Okay, never mind? That's me.
Speaker 6: Let me turn that off. I don't know what's going on. I got some kind of thing playing in the background. Let me a little break here, Let me try to stop it. I don't even know, don't care of myself. I extraize, I don't know where it's coming from. Took something. I'm trying to stop it, and then outside, I just don't know where it's. Oh, there it is, there, it is, Okay, stop it. I had one of my my uh things playing on LinkedIn. Sorry, So listen, Nick, you were telling us about windows, and you said you had Symington windows put in and had the same problem.
Speaker 11: No, I'm a window steller, but uh oh you are.
Speaker 6: You're an installer, so you're in the business. What can you tell us about Symington windows.
Speaker 11: Well, they're a great window. There's one window series that's a double hung. They go up and down, both of them, both sash and move right. There's an issue with that. If if this guy's got a bunch of those. Oh my gosh, you can be terrible. What you gotta plug the hole. You gotta plug the holes. Any hole they made in the frame with some cocky or something. You don't want to if it's in the track of the window, you know, you make sure it's plush. You don't want to be sticking. You know, the cockey is sticking out anyway. And they got these things called chimney chimney stops. Simonton's aware of the problem and they make these little they call them chimney stops, and they're a little plastic pome rubber foam things. Not foam rubber, but foam startifoam or something in there. They look like a chimney if.
Speaker 13: You sit it up.
Speaker 7: Well, let me ask you something. Let me ask you something.
Speaker 6: After the windows are already installed, they were installed a couple of years ago. Can he retro fit these to fix them?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 11: You do, just plug the holes. It's it's the wind. If he's got any kind of wind, it'll sound like a freight train come through there.
Speaker 1: I went up to.
Speaker 11: My first experience with it was up an Empire right. I was working for home Depot. When I did services for hims to other stuff. Anyway, I went up there.
Speaker 7: What are the holes there for? Can you tell me what the holes are there for?
Speaker 11: If you don't have a nail flange install then you have to drill a hole into the side of the frame and screw stuff. But there's also this chimney stop. The chimney stop, it's all in the track, you know, the track of where the windows go up and down. It's all in the track. So you have to you have to cock the holes. And for some reason there's.
Speaker 6: A you know, you sound like you know, you sound like you know what you're talking about. So you're saying that one of the double hung windows. Let me get this straight. The double hung windows have pre drilled holes in them in order to help you.
Speaker 11: Sometimes you drill a hole like you so you can put a plug in and all that, But the ones in the track where the track is, where the window goes up and down in.
Speaker 13: The track, you can't.
Speaker 11: You have to drill a hole bigger than the screw, and then you bury the screw under, you know, through the second cavity. And but Jim, you want to plug that up with the cockying, But you want to be flush. You don't want to, you.
Speaker 6: Know, Nick, Are you in the Denver Are you in the Denver area?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I mean I live in Weis right now, I'm in I think I'm en Denvor. No, I don't know where I'm at. I'm in Englewood working, Nick. Right now. I thought you'd be called.
Speaker 8: That's how I give you a call.
Speaker 6: I'm going to give you a hint. I'm going to give you a hint. You're on planet Earth now here. Here's what I want to tell you. I would love to be able to give you this guy's number or this guy. We'd love to give him your number and have him call you.
Speaker 11: Sure, that'd be no problem.
Speaker 7: Nick. I love my listeners.
Speaker 6: My god, I have the smartest listeners in the world all the time.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 11: I listen to you all the time.
Speaker 6: Thank you, brother, appreciate it. I appreciate. That's what I love about this job. That's what I love about working. And thank God for my health right now, Chris, what's going on with you, Chris?
Speaker 26: Well, speaking of my health, Tom, I just got my rate on test results back at twenty five point seven, and now I know why I've had respiratory issues for years and years.
Speaker 7: So how long have you been in the house?
Speaker 26: Twenty years? So okay, needless to say, I just hope that you can quoint me in the right direction and give me the right advice about what to look for in a company to put in a mitigation system, because everything that I've researched, there are so many different kinds.
Speaker 7: And that's right.
Speaker 26: How do I make that decision at what costs? Right?
Speaker 6: Where did they say the raidon was coming from?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 26: Well, it's my understanding is from the ground I took the No.
Speaker 7: I mean where in your home? Where in your home?
Speaker 26: Well, I put the test down in the basement, and my basement is like thirteen hundred square feet and it's unfinished, so I have the concrete foundation walls. If it's coming through there, I don't know.
Speaker 7: What was the score again?
Speaker 26: Twenty five point seven?
Speaker 6: Okay, listen, it's the very Radon is one of the easiest things to deal with.
Speaker 26: Okay, know that raidon is the second leading cause of lung cancer behind smoking.
Speaker 6: Listen, listen. You can read anything you want and it's just not true. Okay, radon is not great, but radon is not the radon and black mold go in the same category. People over exaggerate and over panic. I'm not telling you you want a high score. I'm not telling you that, but it's very easy to get rid of, very easy.
Speaker 7: Okay. Now, if you're.
Speaker 6: Talking about twenty I wonder if you're talking about twenty five what they call pp L Yeah, picocuries, ye, per leader.
Speaker 7: Okay, now listen to this.
Speaker 6: The EPA recommends you start mitigating at four, correct, and yours is twenty five. Long term exposure can give you a problem. Okay, but that's long term exposure, and you've been there a long time, but you haven't Probably the score is probably not that high in the living area of your home. You're supposed to really take tests around your house that Now, if it's do you spend a lot of time in that basement?
Speaker 26: No?
Speaker 7: Okay, good.
Speaker 6: So you can't say that you were exposed to twenty five pico carries. You can't say that because you haven't been down there.
Speaker 26: Well, so down there for various reasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, live down there, but not.
Speaker 6: Not long term exposure. Look at I'm not telling you to keep it that way. All you need is ventilation to get rid of raid on. That's all you need. You don't need filtering, You don't need anything else. You simply need a ventilation system. Now, any good engineer can help you with raidon. You can call it, you can call also. Let me think, Let me think who I can call? I wonder if rock over at rock you know what? I want you to hold on a second, Kashina. It's let's see if we can get a quick call into rock over at Rocky Mountain. What do I want to not rock American Restoration? Yeah, hey, amrest two four seven dot com.
Speaker 2: I had that.
Speaker 25: I do.
Speaker 7: Hold on, let me take this break.
Speaker 6: Hold on, Chris, hold on, we'll come right back to you. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: They don't know. They don't know when to give up and when to let a job out.
Speaker 6: Hi, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. I got good news for you, Chris. I looked up a company I used to know, and they're really good. They're still in business, they have phenomenal reviews. They're not too large, they're not too small. They're good people.
Speaker 7: You ready, yep.
Speaker 6: Apex Radon, Apex Apex. They're not on my referral list. Now, don't that. Don't let that be a bad reflection on them. I'm just saying that they're they're not on my referral list. We don't have anyone on a referral list right now for that. But Apex rate On here's the number seven to zero five four, seven eighty two fifty three. They have very simple effective ventilation systems. Now, just to give you an idea of this company, they have eight hundred five star reviews.
Speaker 7: Wow, yeah, eight hundred of them.
Speaker 18: Did you have a radar mitigation company set up the detection in your basement?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 26: The Colorado Public Health Department sent me one of those charcoal tests and then I sent it away to Alpha somebody and it came back at twenty five points.
Speaker 15: So okay.
Speaker 18: The reason I ask because sometimes I like, well, I had that when I tried to sell my house, and the people that did the detection also did the mitigation, so I was going to suggest to get a bid from them as well.
Speaker 26: Now I understand, Tom, you made a point, a really good point about basement versus living area and the directions. Everything that I have read just said, whatever it is, wherever you put it, that's it. But it makes sense because I keep my basement closed off, and I'm thinking I should take it in my first floor family room as well.
Speaker 6: Of course you should, of course you should. That's the same with mold spores as well. You know, you can go to the worst part of the house, but if you don't live in that worst part of the house all the time, it's a matter of aggregating where you live and how long you live. I mean, but that doesn't mean you should have twenty five in the basement either.
Speaker 26: That is not good, right, right, Okay, But.
Speaker 6: You would be surprised, you would be surprised how simple it is, how truly simple it is to get rid of it.
Speaker 26: Well, what's prompted me to call was not only the high number, but in recent years, I've noticed these mitigations systems going up in my neighborhood and I'm going, why does everybody have this? And I don't, So that is what really prompted me, and.
Speaker 7: I well, I'm glad you called issues.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and listen, I don't think personally that if you were then living there twenty years with twenty five in the basement, that you've had enough long term exposure raid on gas. You have to have a lot of exposure, way more than you may think. Okay, And I'm not saying I'm not saying that people are falsely alarmed. You should be concerned about your health. You should be concerned about.
Speaker 7: What you're breathing.
Speaker 6: But as I said, black mold and radon are two areas where I believe a lot of Charlatans make money by scaring people. The third one is water. And I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned about water. You should be, but there are many people in the business that don't know what the hell they're doing. So you have people doing water, you have people doing raid on, and you have people doing black mold, and they're all used for moneymakers, many times by people who don't know what they're doing. So Chris, you will like APEX very elegant, small, simple systems that get rid of rate on and they even have a guarantee to get you below three.
Speaker 7: Point nine excellent.
Speaker 26: Thank you for your help today.
Speaker 6: No problem, Chris, Thank you for calling three oh three seven one three eight two five five more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. You know something is just pissing me off, and I have to I have to talk about it.
Speaker 7: It's it's really pissing me off.
Speaker 6: Harvard and some other universities that did a study and doctors are sounding an alarm over a massive spike in Americans dropping dead from unexpected heart attacks.
Speaker 7: Now listen to this. This is a true story.
Speaker 6: Researchers at Mass General and a Harvard affiliated a Harvard affiliated hospital found that heart attacks in young people forty and under have increased dramatically in the years.
Speaker 7: Following the COVID pandemic.
Speaker 6: They are not not one of them has ever mentioned the vaccine as possibly being contributing. Every alternative doctor I've known during the vaccineses craze when they were requiring vaccines saying we're gonna have untold problems with the effects of the vaccine. Now I'm not saying this is part of that effect of the vaccine, but I'm saying it can't be discounted for God's sakes, and they don't even mention it in this study. Now listen, folks, young people are dropping dead with heart attacks totally unexplained, and if in every single.
Speaker 7: Case they have had the vaccine in every single case.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Tom, I mean, all you have to do is look up the connection between the chinavirus vaccine and myocarditis and you will see kids like young teenage kids who are athletes dropping dead right there on the football field, hockey rink on the track right and heart of heart attacks.
Speaker 6: And I remember, I remember we were talking about it on the show. We're threatened by Facebook and everyone else because we were labeled as false information. Do you know why I was labeled for false information? One time they took our our Facebook down. Because here's why I swear to God. I swear to God. During the pandemic, I said, we must not negate or we must not discount the value of.
Speaker 7: A strong immune system.
Speaker 15: On you.
Speaker 7: I swear to God. I said, and here are.
Speaker 6: Some things that conventionally and traditionally have strengthened immunity. Talked about zinc, courstin, vitamin C. I've talked about all kinds of things that boost the immune system. Not against covid, not against this, not against that, but in general, give you a boosted immune system. I talked about it, and Facebook labeled us, and they they took that part of our of our live feed and and and labeled it false news.
Speaker 7: Are not false.
Speaker 6: But because I was saying you, I didn't say do it instead of the vaccine.
Speaker 7: I didn't say it will prevent covid.
Speaker 6: I said, we cannot discount the value and importance of a strong immune system, and that was false information.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, it's this Luciferian conspiracy that we've been experiencing for the past five years, the likes of which we've never had, nor had we even imagined encountering something like this in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's or William literally.
Speaker 7: But here's what's weird. It's still going on. No one is citing.
Speaker 6: The virus or the excuse me, the vaccine for all of these weird effects we're having. Do you know people are having episodes of paralysis, people are having strokes, people are having.
Speaker 7: Heart attacks at record numbers.
Speaker 6: Our total morbility morbidity numbers went up, not from COVID. I'm not talking about from the virus, but I mean in general, as a population before COVID and after COVID, we have higher morbidity right now.
Speaker 7: And it's all a result, in my opinion, of the vaccine. Oh am, I going to be penalized for that now? I mean, do they still censor us for saying you're.
Speaker 16: On an extra double secret probation FBI watch list? Now you moved up a couple of not No, the.
Speaker 6: Federal government, the FBI is not doing that anymore because they have new leadership.
Speaker 16: They have new leadership, but look at the tens of thousands of people who are still there right. An organization like that has institutional memory that's going to take decades. They need to just scrap the entire agency and start with a star.
Speaker 7: I think they're doing a good jocks all right.
Speaker 6: Let me remind people Petrolley's big give back in June. They're giving away a BMW I eight. In order to qualify, you simply have to be a customer or refer someone who becomes a customer.
Speaker 7: That's it. That's how you qualify.
Speaker 6: The more people you qualify, the more people you recommend that become customers.
Speaker 7: If you refer them, then you get more than one entry.
Speaker 6: Then they also have Hearts and Hammer's roof giveaway, which is a free roof for someone in need. You can nominate yourself or you can nominate someone in need, So go to petmroof dot com for more information. That's their website pet for Petrolley pet myroof dot com. That's ingenius because in my opinion, petrolleyroofing was a little hard to spell, but it's either one Petrolleyroofing dot com or pet myroof dot com.
Speaker 7: Let me give you their number.
Speaker 6: In the Springs A Great Roofing Company seven one nine three, seven five eighty seven seventy three.
Speaker 7: I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: You can always reach us at three ZHO three Martino and uh that's where you can get help twenty four to seven. Just leave your number, we'll get back to you and you'll be on the next show. Save all your problems for me.