Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The games, Mike the Bulldog, Beyond You Jr.
Speaker 2: The fans his were in Sunrise, Florida. Back to back, hold the Cats the Panthers to get to celebrate panthership. The Toorida Panthers were their second Stanley.
Speaker 3: Counting five won the final from Sunrise last night. Bulldog gets back to back Stanley Cup championships for the Florida Panthers. Your team, buddy, my team. I was up celebrating all night. As you can hear in my voice, I'm a little hoarse from yelling last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Lord, Stanley's Cup staying in South Florida for a second consecutive year, the state of Florida dominating Canada's national pastime. By the way, the Panthers are the first team since the Tampa Bay Lightning in twenty twenty one to repeat as Stanley Cup champions. It's only happened three times in this century, and twice it's been by teams from Florida. We dominate the sport. We dominate the sport of hockey. Why do you think that, is, Lynch? Why do Florida teams dominate hockey. Tell you why. I can tell you why. No state income tax. That's one. Hockey players don't make as much as some other athletes, so that's a pretty hefty raise for them. Hockey Players love to play golf, all right, So there's a lot of golf courses in Florida, and the Florida teams are well run. The Florida teams are well run. I don't think there's The Lightning have been one of the best run organizations forever, and the Panthers over the last what seven or eight years, they've been one of the best organizations in hockey as well. So I don't I don't think there's any question that the Panthers right now are the most dominant team in all of American sports. Kansas City Chiefs, LA Dodgers, this is the most dominant team in American sports.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have some some roster decisions to make with unrestricted free agency as to move forward or you know, try to keep the group together.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 1: All I can say is dynasty now, Pat I was looking for who we called and how many games, but I couldn't find that. But I did find the picture I took last night Dog while you were watching. Did you see the the piece of work right behind the Edmonton coach.
Speaker 4: Oh my yeah, I just showed it.
Speaker 3: To Pat great great set honor white tank top.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 5: By the way. How bad do the Canadians feel today? Was that thirty three years now?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 5: The worst day in Canada since since Nickelback released their last album last night, I mean it was terrible. I'm gonna show I'm gonna afford you this picture and.
Speaker 4: Hold Dog's stick all night. I can tell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we didn't start out with how that takes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's being humble for for, you know, being the number one Florida Panthers fan that he is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I hate to say this, but Mickey Mouse also the second most famous roaded in the state of Florida now, behind our Rubber Rats down Sunrise Arena down there. So what else we have in sports last night? Well, and in the NBA their Game six is not until Thursday night. But Tyrese Haliburton, uh, the star player for the Indiana Pacers. He's injured, injured his calf the other night. He's gonna have an MRI today. He only scored four points the other night didn't even have a field goal without him. Indiana is her and I don't know if you guys have ever had a calf injury. My god, that hurts. That hurts, and I don't know that he's going to be able to play on that In golf, big news PGA Tour commissioner j Monahan stepping down will be replaced by Brian Rolapp, who's been working for the NFL for a number of years. So it sounds to me like Jay Monahan is sort of being shoved out. He's, you know, he accomplished some stuff as commissioner, the TV contracts, the purses have gone up obviously since he took over in twenty seventeen. But he's always going to be remembered in golf as the commissioner who sort of screwed up and allowed Live to get some traction and steal away some of the PGA Tour's biggest stars. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 4: I would. It's not a good legacy, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Hey, a dog.
Speaker 1: I never thought that i'daiah, But last night I was waiting for hockey to come on. I actually will watched uh W NBA because Caitlyn was playing dude.
Speaker 5: A couple of skirmishes last Yeah, the little little you know, you know, pushing and technicals or whatever.
Speaker 4: But she's amazing.
Speaker 1: I watched that footage again from her on Sunday that you were talking about, and then last night just I was like, Holy cow, I can't believe I'm watching w n B.
Speaker 5: A is packed house again. I'm gonna say something blasphemous here. Caitlyn Clark. All right, so there were a couple of skirmishes last night, and one of them, Caitlyn Clark got shoved to the ground. Right you go, you go look at the replay of that. She barely got bumped. All right. She's a flopper. Caitlyn Clark flops. She flops like the She flops like that that that big mouth bass that the taco catches and you know, is flopping at the bottom of the boat. That's what she does. She's a flopper.
Speaker 1: She she does flop a little bit, pat But do you recall the play before, Like, what caused her to get pushed to the ground was the.
Speaker 5: Poke in the hoke. She got a little poke in the eye. She she flopped there too, a little bit. But who cares She's She's the best thing that happened in the w n B A since question anything, no question.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I still say if the Fever make the w NBA Finals, it'll be higher rated than these NBA finals. We'll see if that happens. Hopefully it does.
Speaker 3: All right, semifinals are set for the Men's College World Series.
Speaker 4: Pull dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah you excited?
Speaker 3: I can't? Well you got? Are you rooting for Coastal Carolina? The kind of sort of am right?
Speaker 5: Carolina? That's the that's the team that the Florida baseball coach Kevin O'Sullivan sort of ripped. Uh you know, they had the regional up in Coastal Carolina. He was ripping and cussing it the officials up there. So yeah, I'm rooting for Coastal Carolina, no question.
Speaker 3: You got them against Louisville and then LSU and in Arkansas, the other two teams that have made it this far.
Speaker 5: Yeah. LSU is a perennial powerhouse in college baseball. Have have you ever seen what they draw for baseball?
Speaker 4: Pack it out? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they draw like ten thousand fans a game. It's unreal for baseball games in Baton Rouge all.
Speaker 3: Right, dog, Savor your victory today, Revel and it's you deserve it.
Speaker 4: You've been with them through thick and thin.
Speaker 5: My friends, I used to listen to my Florida Panthers on the transistor radio.
Speaker 3: Mike's the Bulldog Banchy spewing his BS each morning AM seven FM ninety six ninety games. Thanks for taking the time out each morning to join us here for the sports page on j R R.
Speaker 5: Doggie by the way, Happy birthday to the Great Paul McCartney. OH on demand to download the iHeartRadio app